My little ryme about Andy [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

My little ryme about Andy

Whatup86
12-08-2004, 08:22 PM
A few weeks ago in my Brittish Literature class we finished reading the "Canterbury Tales" and we had to make up a ryme about a sports star (my teacher loves sports). I did one on Andy (duh, lol), and I'm not a "rymer" so I did the best I could. To my surprise many of the other students like it!, out of a 75 entries I got 2nd (the first one was a Micheal Jackson one). Anyway here is what I wrote about:

"Andy Roddick- His serve is like a rock.
A world record 155 is hard to top.
He won the 2003 U.S Open in style.
Never lacking in desire.
He's on his way to see the pope. (we had to have them traveling to the pope)
To entertain him with his game play he had hoped.
He'l argue with an umpire here and there.
Because his attitude is never filled with fear.
No other player can much compare.
Because this Americans game play is far beyound compare."

So what do you all think?, please be kind. I know I suck at this! LOL :explode:

Neely
12-08-2004, 09:36 PM
lol, sounds quite good for my ears, but I'm German so maybe I don't get it completely. what I don't understand: does a word like comapre exist or this just a typo? And what's the clue behind "beyound comapre"? Is this any wordplay or something like that? If yes, what does it mean?

BTW, I also suck at doing ryhmes, but I like listening to them, especially in (rap) songs! :yeah:

star
12-08-2004, 11:00 PM
compare..... to liken one thing to another or to look at one thing and determine how it is the same or different than another thing. Very often one says... compare and contrast..

Beyond compare means there is no comparison, and thus, it means the thing described as "beyond compare" is the very best. :)

I think there's some pop song that has the line.... "nothing compares to you" .. meaning you are unique. :)

And nice little "Tale" Mary. :)

star
12-08-2004, 11:04 PM
lol, sounds quite good for my ears, but I'm German so maybe I don't get it completely. what I don't understand: does a word like comapre exist or this just a typo? And what's the clue behind "beyound comapre"? Is this any wordplay or something like that? If yes, what does it mean?

BTW, I also suck at doing ryhmes, but I like listening to them, especially in (rap) songs! :yeah:

See, here's the thing. You are German and can understand rap, and I'm an American and can't understand anything but an isolated word here and there. :lol:

Golfnduck
12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Sounds good to me!!! :yeah:

schwitz5661
12-09-2004, 12:59 AM
I like it! :yeah:

I suck at doing rhymes too

MisterQ
12-09-2004, 02:00 AM
It doesn't rhyme...

but I like it anyway. It has a nice lilt to it. :yeah: