What language(s) would you like to study MOST? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What language(s) would you like to study MOST?

CooCooCachoo
12-03-2004, 06:15 PM
:) Share with us what languages you would like to study most ;)

CooCooCachoo
12-03-2004, 06:16 PM
For me, it's either Finnish or Portuguese :) But I would like to study a lot of languages :)

-SaFiinsBabY-
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
I like Spanish ... :)

MisterQ
12-03-2004, 06:18 PM
I would most like to improve my Russian.

I also would love to learn Italian, Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese.

CooCooCachoo
12-03-2004, 06:21 PM
I left out Russian and Arabic :rolleyes: But I was limited to 10 choices ;)

Suzi
12-03-2004, 06:36 PM
i wud luv to learn Spanish and Japanese

Wud like to improve on my French coz at this rate im gonna fail :( maybe my english needs brushing up, my spelling is crap! :lol:

MisterQ
12-03-2004, 06:38 PM
I left out Russian and Arabic :rolleyes: But I was limited to 10 choices ;)

understandable --- some polls really need more than 10 choices :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-03-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm currently learning Spanish, but i think it would be interesting to learn: 1. Swedish (i want to live there one day) and 2. Russian (i like how it sounds, kinda sexy... plus i could talk to Marat in his native tongue!)

*SKYE*
12-03-2004, 11:11 PM
id love to no how to speak spanish!

tennisman.
12-03-2004, 11:14 PM
For me, it's either Finnish or Portuguese :) But I would like to study a lot of languages :)

:worship:

zoltan83
12-03-2004, 11:27 PM
I'm learning russia... But i would also learn some eastern languages as croatian, slovak,... and spanish.

But i'll probably never have the time for studying all.

Billabong
12-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Portuguese:worship:

MisterQ
12-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Portuguese:worship:

Hmmm, I wonder why... ;)

Fedex
12-04-2004, 12:04 AM
I would like to study German most, and maybe French as well. Hieroglyphics would be interesting as well. :)

Rogiman
12-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Anti-Semitism on the board! :eek:

Go learn some Hebrew, you lazy asses...! :mad:

What's wrong...? Are you afraid of reading right to left...? :devil:

Purple Rainbow
12-04-2004, 01:59 AM

I'm an evil anti-semite and want to study Spanish! :lol:
Also I would like to study Mandarin, as this would replace English as the worlds most spoken language in our lifetime!

PennyThePenguin
12-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Russian.... hehe..

damaged
12-04-2004, 02:47 AM
i took English, French, Latin, and Mandarin Chinese (and Shanghainese dialect). i would like to learn Hindi because by 2007, India will have the world's greatest population and most of our jobs.

Deco
12-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I want to learn spanish, cuz later I wanna travel/work in South-America.
beisdes that I also want to learn Italian, portugese and Hebrew

Neely
12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
well, I would like to try learning Spanish (many people speak it) one day and maybe keeping my French from school a bit up to date (I don't practise it enough, I unlearn how to speak too fast)... maybe even Turkish a little (2nd language in Germany)

But besides this, I wouldn't put ANY effort in learning other languages, because I wouldn't get enough use out of it (only if I lived in that country, then I would learn) and it would be nothing but wasted time for me, therefore I won't come up saying something "exotic" now how much I would love to learn Chinese, Japanese, ... or things like that ;)

Frank
12-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Russian, above all others.

I would like to improve my French and German as well, right now I kind of suck at them. Spanish and Italian would be nice as well.

maratski
12-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Arabic since I can't read and write my own native language :o

Russian for obvious reasons ;)

Jorge
12-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I want to learn spanish, cuz later I wanna travel/work in South-America.
beisdes that I also want to learn Italian, portugese and Hebrew
hey that's great, Cisne :yeah: hope you could travel to Mxico once you will be in South America :)

I would love to speak fluent french, catalan and italian, although I have no problems understanding those languages I still have problems when I am conversing.

ae wowww
12-04-2004, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't like to study any language, due to my laziness. But I would love to be naturally gifted in Russian. Possibly also French, not because of its exciting phrases :| but because its sexy, and useful lol!
Although German is more useful for business, France has everything inside it (skiing terrain, hot terrain, everything) so they barely need to transact outside of France.

My 900th post guys.. That deserves some rep?!

ae wowww
12-04-2004, 10:45 PM
What a kind geez, thanks Neely for the rep --I will rep you tomorrow, at current I have given too much out ;) sorry!

joeb_uk
12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Portuguese - so i can watch all those great brasilian movies without subs

papasmurf11
12-05-2004, 01:00 AM
Well right now im learning French and I know some Latin. I would really like to learn hebrew since I never had time to go to Hebrew school growing up so I only know a little.

Nikki♥
12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
I would love to learn Russian one day, French would be cool as well but I need to brush up my Portuguese first, thank god I have some lovely people who are willing to help me with it. :cool: Actually Im into learning foreign languages because its quite interesting and I enjoy bragging about which languages I can speak or I am able to understand.

Nikki♥
12-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Portuguese - so i can watch all those great brasilian movies without subs

Portuguese is the most beautiful language ever. :hearts: Spanish is also nice but Portuguese beats it by a mile.

TaTaaa
12-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I vote for French...next year I'm going to study it! yay! hehe and I would like to study russian too =)

zoltan83
12-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Cool... so after that you could come in the French part of MTF ;)

star
12-05-2004, 11:51 PM
Portugese is lovely. It's absolutely the best language for singing. I used to think Italian was, but Portugese has it beat by a mile. :)

I would love to learn Arabic, but the writing intimidates me... ditto for Chinese but with Chinese the intonations also intimidate me.

Spanish I think is the language I should concentrate on learning because it has the most usefulness in my country.

Jennay
12-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Would LOVE to learn Portuguese, German, Russian, and Mandarin Chinese.

Ciao Signore Q :kiss: ;)

ZaZaGook
12-06-2004, 04:33 AM
would love to learn hebrew and since dutch wasn't part of the option above, i'd like to add in dutch too :D
therefore, it's hebrew and dutch for me ;)

CooCooCachoo
12-06-2004, 07:32 AM
would love to learn hebrew and since dutch wasn't part of the option above, i'd like to add in dutch too :D
therefore, it's hebrew and dutch for me ;)

Hoi Esther :p Hoe gaat het?

Nikki♥
12-06-2004, 07:46 AM
I had the possibility to learn French at school but learned Spanish instead which I dont regret. Its also a nice language and its spoken in quite a lot of countries.

Cris
12-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I'd love to learn french and german :)

Suzi
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
i did chinese for yonks coz its part of me but i found the silly pictures really hard and takes so long to write, just totally confused moi. Its easier to speak it than write i think

andylover_16
12-06-2004, 04:37 PM
Well I'm taking German this year, but would like to take Russian or Japanese next year as well! I would like to improve on the little bit of french that i know

Corinna
12-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I'd love to learn spanish, i think that's a very important and beautiful language

Suzi
12-06-2004, 09:05 PM
I'd love to learn spanish, i think that's a very important and beautiful language

then you can really impress Juan! :lol:

SuperRevelation
12-07-2004, 01:38 AM
I am studying Spanish right now but would also like to learn French, Italian, and Russian.

Devotee
12-07-2004, 03:39 AM
Mandarin Chinese, if I were a woman of leisure, that is I could dedicate myself 24/7 to do whatever I wanted for years & years -- that's what it takes to learn Chinese!

Action Jackson
12-07-2004, 03:50 AM
Saami and Slovak, but out of a more common language Portuguese.

Denise
12-07-2004, 06:32 AM
It's great to know that loads of MTF members wanna learn portuguese. I wanna learn it too :D LOL! j/k! I'm only studyin' english and portuguese(my native lang lol) shame on me!! but i wanna learn other languages of course, like SPANISH!!!! well, spanish it's not too tough for me :) i already know some words and i dunno why i still don't speak it! i'm a lazy ass! bah!

uhm, ITALIAN it's a lovely language! :hearts:
RUSSIAN! :crazy: for many reasons! yayayaya :angel:
FRENCH i don't like too much, but i'll try to learn LOL! :lol:

Denise
12-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Would LOVE to learn Portuguese, German, Russian, and Mandarin Chinese.

Ciao Signore Q :kiss: ;)

bacci! hehehe! :angel:

Denise
12-07-2004, 06:46 AM
ops, I forgot to say..... I wanna study POLISH! ;) hihihi!

HybridTheory
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Spanish :inlove:

SuperFurryAnimal
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
I voted for Japanese, but I would love to learn as many languages as possible. What a great thing communication is! :worship:

Nymeria
12-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Scandinavian languages :D

kiro
12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm studying Spanish now. :D
I'd like to learn German, Russian & French too. And if possible, some others like Swedish, Greek... :D

MisterQ
12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I would also love to learn Hungarian, :cool: but that's so difficult...

Mrs. B
12-07-2004, 02:13 PM
talking Italian....Robert de Niro's waiting... ;)

novanora
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
I am learning Spanish now, and will start to learn German next year

PinkFeatherBoa
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
I love learning languages. I currently know English {well I try ;)}, Welsh, French, German, some Maltese and Portugese.

I'm planning to take Spanish {though I do know a bit} and Japanese classes. Other languages I'd like to speak are things like Russian, Chinese/Mandarin, basically any languages really.

Denise
12-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I love learning languages. I currently know English {well I try ;)}, Welsh, French, German, some Maltese and Portugese.

I'm planning to take Spanish {though I do know a bit} and Japanese classes. Other languages I'd like to speak are things like Russian, Chinese/Mandarin, basically any languages really.

Portuguese :wavey:
Que otimo! Maravilhoso! Explendido! Oi Oie tudo bom?! :angel: hehehehe! you'll love the language!

Dutchie
12-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Mostly these:
Spanish
French
Italian
German

Pancakesong
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
I voted Spanish (because of Latin America.. en Spain itself) and Portugese, I love Brazil and want to travel in portugal.. I would like to learn Welsh, beautiful language! and Irish.. and Italian.. Hebrew.. English better.. Greec maybe.. I'm learning French, English, German (old) Greec and Latinright now..

Experimentee
12-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I've already learnt some French but I would like to continue. IMO French is the most beautiful language :)

Eruwen
12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Spanish! And no, not because I like the spanish armada :lol: I've been wanting to study Spanish for years now, but never got around to doing it. And, well... being fan of the spanish armada does make me wanna learn it even more :lol:

My first vote would be English btw, but I'm already studying that ;)

sigmagirl91
12-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Spanish and French, maybe Italian and Portuguese as well.

merle
12-09-2004, 07:52 PM

Mr. Q, you've studied Russian? :cool:

BTW I voted Spanish. :) I really hope I can take up studying it some day!

*Ljubica*
12-09-2004, 08:05 PM
I really wish I knew German better. My French, Spanish and Russian are fine but I've always had a kind of "mental block" about German and really struggle when I go to German speaking countries and get very annoyed with myself.

Lizan
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Arabic very nice language!!!!!!!!

My second choice would be spanish, which I wanna learn next..

MisterQ
12-10-2004, 12:29 AM
Mr. Q, you've studied Russian? :cool:

Da, ya izuchal russki yazik odin god. Eto moi lubimi yazik, no eto trudni! Bi uzhe znaete, ya lublu russki kompozitori. ;) :cool:

I don't know how to get Cyrillic to work here...) :sad:

Neely
12-10-2004, 12:44 AM
I really wish I knew German better. My French, Spanish and Russian are fine but I've always had a kind of "mental block" about German and really struggle when I go to German speaking countries and get very annoyed with myself.
Wow, somebody who is interested in German... ;) :inlove: :worship:
that's not very often because it's not the best sounding language and IMO overall more difficult to learn than Spanish, French, English...

merle
12-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Da, ya izuchal russki yazik odin god. Eto moi lubimi yazik, no eto trudni! Bi uzhe znaete, ya lublu russki kompozitori. ;) :cool:

Mr Q!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: Truely a man of many talents! :worship: WOW!!!!! Yeah, we know already that you like Russian composers! :) :kiss:
I won't switch to my Russian keyboard here either then but I must say your Russian is remarkable for a person who has studied it only 1 year! :cool: :worship:

Vass
12-10-2004, 08:43 AM
Mr Q!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: Truely a man of many talents! :worship: WOW!!!!! Yeah, we know already that you like Russian composers! :) :kiss:
I won't switch to my Russian keyboard here either then but I must say your Russian is remarkable for a person who has studied it only 1 year! :cool: :worship:
I second that! One year?! wow
Mr.Q. As soon as my previus rep get's forgotten by the forum, i'll good rep you once more.

ics_seitan
12-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Finnish

Action Jackson
12-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Wow, somebody who is interested in German... ;) :inlove: :worship:
that's not very often because it's not the best sounding language and IMO overall more difficult to learn than Spanish, French, English...

It's the grammar that is shitty about German. I mean the compound words and the pronounciation for myself aren't very difficult, but all the grammar crap put me off paying attention in language class.

Neely
12-11-2004, 03:13 AM
Can only agree with what you say. Grammar is very often difficult to learn and same is true for the strict word order.

Action Jackson
12-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Can only agree with what you say. Grammar is very often difficult to learn and same is true for the strict word order.

Well I had to learn German in school for a while, plus I spent some time in Austria and Switzerland as well. Actually to the ear I find it a lot easier to listen to the German spoken in Austria or Schwyzerttsch than standard German.

The word order isn't so bad, but the other grammar rules really piss me off then again I was making progress with one good teacher, then the other one afterwards well she was like the way I feel about some of the Roddick fans here.

Action Jackson
12-11-2004, 03:28 AM

From a very good source try this Q vBulletin supports Cyrillic characters, or use http://www.translit.ru

Neely
12-11-2004, 04:03 AM
Well I had to learn German in school for a while, plus I spent some time in Austria and Switzerland as well. Actually to the ear I find it a lot easier to listen to the German spoken in Austria or Schwyzerttsch than standard German.
Coming from Bavaria which has a very similiar dialect to the Austrian one, it's not difficult to understand for me that you like listening to these dialects, but for most foreign-speakers, the more difficult question would be if it's "only" nice for the ear to listen to it or if you can also understand it well enough. I know from lots of foreigners (most of them are Turkish), that they have their difficulties when they were taught some standard German in courses and then during their daily real life lesson they find it hard to understand something because the way how people in certain regions are talking and the way how things are differently said or pronounced are causing problems for them.

Action Jackson
12-11-2004, 05:13 AM
Coming from Bavaria which has a very similiar dialect to the Austrian one, it's not difficult to understand for me that you like listening to these dialects, but for most foreign-speakers, the more difficult question would be if it's "only" nice for the ear to listen to it or if you can also understand it well enough. I know from lots of foreigners (most of them are Turkish), that they have their difficulties when they were taught some standard German in courses and then during their daily real life lesson they find it hard to understand something because the way how people in certain regions are talking and the way how things are differently said or pronounced are causing problems for them.

That is actually more of a problem in Switzerland I think. They have to learn to read and write standard German, but rarely use it or do everything they can not to use it. I have a Swiss friend who will never speak standard German, at the same time immigrants need to learn the standard as it gives them better opportunities to read the newspapers, follow the TV too bad they still persist in dubbing instead of using subtitles for non-German language programs and the other media forms which are very rarely written in dialect. It really doesn't matter whether it's too much of a regionalism as long as they are able to be understood.

MisterQ
12-11-2004, 06:44 AM
From a very good source try this Q vBulletin supports Cyrillic characters, or use http://www.translit.ru

Thanks for the assistance, GWH. I am a little clueless about technical issues and haven't gotten things to work yet. I figured out how to make my Mac (OSX) type in Cyrillic, but when I post a message it shows up as gibberish. I'll try some more later... it's probably something simple I'm doing wrong. ;)

Deco
12-11-2004, 09:31 AM

the strickt word order is no problem for me, Dutch has almost the same, but the grammar is really hard:( and my teacher is the worse bitch ever bonr :smash:

alfonsojose
12-11-2004, 02:55 PM

:hug:

alfonsojose
12-11-2004, 02:56 PM
French, German, Dutch and Hebrew (or werbeH :confused: ;) )

alfonsojose
12-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Veo que bastante gente quiere aprender espaol :yeah: ;)

Iheartandy&roger
12-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Well I have French,English and Spanish already learned really well so now I would like to take German or chinese.

Idril
12-16-2004, 01:21 PM
well at the moment i am studing German, French, Latin and Portuguese (which i LOVE). Portuguese is probably the best language in the world. and next year i am going to start learning Greek.

i would also like to learn Croat and Mandarin Chinese. maybe Polish as well but i hear that's really really hard so i may settle for Russian instead. the only language in the world that i would never really want to study is Spanish (sorry): if you have French and Portuguese you have Spanish covered and plus i just don't really like it that much...

Tatyana
12-19-2004, 10:02 PM
I'd like to study Italian, Czech, Polish, Swedish and many others ;)

Tatyana
12-19-2004, 10:07 PM
well at the moment i am studing German, French, Latin and Portuguese (which i LOVE). Portuguese is probably the best language in the world. and next year i am going to start learning Greek.

i would also like to learn Croat and Mandarin Chinese. maybe Polish as well but i hear that's really really hard so i may settle for Russian instead. the only language in the world that i would never really want to study is Spanish (sorry): if you have French and Portuguese you have Spanish covered and plus i just don't really like it that much...

Latin is a cool language! :worship: I used to study it at the university.

As for Russian I think this language is very difficult - other letters, other pronunciation (grm??), many words, etc. Polish seems to be easier ;) I don't speak about myself here because Russian is my native language thought I'm from Belarus :wavey:

aceit
12-19-2004, 10:12 PM

I can read hebrew. Can't speak it, but I can read it. ;)

TennisAnyone
12-24-2004, 01:19 AM
Japanese

zoltan83
12-25-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm learning russia... But i would also learn some eastern languages as croatian, slovak,... and spanish.

But i'll probably never have the time for studying all.

I forgot to add Dutch and German.

Btw, I'll probably be not able to follow my russian lesson this year :sad:

RonE
12-25-2004, 11:58 PM
It's the grammar that is shitty about German. I mean the compound words and the pronounciation for myself aren't very difficult, but all the grammar crap put me off paying attention in language class.

I hear you man- I am taking a class in German to polish mine up and the Der Die Das is killing me :banghead:

One language I would dearly love to learn is Spanish- I love the way it sounds, rolling off your tongue. I guess I have a good base as I studied French for 5 years in high school.

Another language I regret not knowing is Russian and yes I had the opportunity when I was young. My grandmum was originally from Russia and my mum is a fluent Russian speaker but sadly she never spoke to me regularly in Russian :sad: I just know a few select words but nothing more sadly.

novanora
12-26-2004, 12:45 AM
Plus two languages I want to learn: Dutch and Russian :smoke:

User ID 4783
12-26-2004, 06:13 PM
I'd like to learn Portuguese! :)

Lynne
12-27-2004, 11:45 AM
I wanna learn spanish and probably French as well....

Washa Koroleva
12-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Japanese :)
It's wonderful. I guess it's an important language :p

novanora
12-27-2004, 02:51 PM
why Japanese is important?? it's pretty far from "wonderful" :ras: shitty grammar

Washa Koroleva
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
why Japanese is important?? it's pretty far from "wonderful" :ras: shitty grammar

You should understand it to come far with technology these days :)

zoltan83
12-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Japanese :)
a good choice... and why not Chinese?

Suzi
12-27-2004, 10:00 PM
chinese is, well i find quite hard, i mean the odd word/picture i can cope with, but gazillions thrown at me then im pooed! i mean i can speak it, maybe slipping a few english words in but im still understood! i mean i can order macdonaldds in Hong Kong!! :lol:

Action Jackson
12-28-2004, 02:06 AM
I hear you man- I am taking a class in German to polish mine up and the Der Die Das is killing me :banghead:

One language I would dearly love to learn is Spanish- I love the way it sounds, rolling off your tongue. I guess I have a good base as I studied French for 5 years in high school.

Another language I regret not knowing is Russian and yes I had the opportunity when I was young. My grandmum was originally from Russia and my mum is a fluent Russian speaker but sadly she never spoke to me regularly in Russian :sad: I just know a few select words but nothing more sadly.

I am still having nightmares over German grammar. As I said before I find it much easier to follow Swiss German than I do the standard, but the whole grammar thing is a pain, though there are some certain rules that make sense.

Yes, with French as a base you should be able to do well with Spanish. Then again going to a Spanish speaking country will help as well, you might know Emilita from the Robredo/Lopez forum learnt French for years, and that helped her with Spanish.

The Slavic languages are cool as well, yes the best way is to get them young.
Just to be a prick as much as I like Spanish, I'd probably rather learn Catalan, then that's not surprising.

zoltan83
12-28-2004, 05:43 PM
chinese is, well i find quite hard, i mean the odd word/picture i can cope with, but gazillions thrown at me then im pooed! i mean i can speak it, maybe slipping a few english words in but im still understood! i mean i can order macdonaldds in Hong Kong!! :lol:

It's already good... I mean at least you can eat there :p

Denaon
12-28-2004, 05:52 PM
I've started German a year or so ago, and I like it a lot, though it's a bit tough for me to learn. Japanese, Russian, perhaps French are some I'd love to study and look forward to. :)

Washa Koroleva
12-28-2004, 06:01 PM
a good choice... and why not Chinese?

Japan has bigger industries in technology.
I speak Russian, German, English and crap French :o... so something Asian wouldn't be bad- Japanese for the reason above. It would also rock to understand people like Confucius in their language. :)

Lee
12-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Since I'm learning Spanish now, so I choose German.

Lee
12-29-2004, 03:11 AM
Japan has bigger industries in technology.

Good luck then!!! I used to work for a company that did lots of business with Japan. The company bought a printer from Japan and that model could only find in Japan so the user manual, etc were in Japanese. There's a girl who's fluent in Japanese but she's no techno person. She had absolutely no idea on part of the manual. The problem was, for many computer terms, Japanese just used their phonics to pronounce the English words, so I had to work with that girl, she tried to sound out the words and I tried to figure out what're the English words.

It would also rock to understand people like Confucius in their language. :)

Are you talking about Chinese here? btw, most of the Japanese words/characters are Chinese. :p

Hispanica
12-29-2004, 10:03 AM
I would love to learn Portugese... Also Italian but started it this year...

I also would like to improve my English... Just love this language

gabnouwop
01-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Italian
French
German
Russian

Marine
01-23-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, it's banal, but I'd love to speak english fluently.
It's the most important language, and I'm unable to have a discussion, to understand a song or people at tv, so frustrating :mad:

I learnt german, english and spanish ...german grammar was a nightmare for me, and spanish is quite easy.

I'd like to learn italian, only for the beauty of the language.

Suzi
01-23-2005, 09:28 PM
It's the most important language, and I'm unable to have a discussion, to understand a song or people at tv, so frustrating :mad:

I understand wot ur going through :lol: half of the time i dont understand either! with their funny accents......

p.s I find french grammer hard http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/travesmilies/smilie_mondieu.gif

sigmagirl91
01-23-2005, 10:47 PM
I would like to learn French some more. I took it in high school and college but haven't had the opportunity to use it.

MisterQ
01-23-2005, 11:21 PM

I learnt german, english and spanish ...german grammar was a nightmare for me, and spanish is quite easy.

I'd like to learn italian, only for the beauty of the language.

I'm surprised, because your English is quite good on MTF. :yeah:

But I understand, because I am the same way with my foreign languages. Much harder at real life pace! ;)

Choupi
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
I would like to learn French some more. I took it in high school and college but haven't had the opportunity to use it.
Well, next time you post sthg for me, have a try in French...or come into our French forum here...like MisterQ... :wavey:

Choupi
01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm surprised, because your English is quite good on MTF. :yeah:
That's not really surprising me...in fact, Marine is one of the numerous victims of our stupid French foreign language teaching method...I mean that the stress is put onto the written expression but when it comes to spoken language, that's total shit...sometimes, it is ignored by some teachers...and I know what I'm talking about...I've almost ended as a teacher myself! :rolleyes:
But I understand, because I am the same way with my foreign languages. Much harder at real life pace! ;)
All you need is more training...it comes with the use...of course it's hard at the beginning, but it's the only way to improve. For me, the total immersion in a family has been the best way to learn... ;)

User ID 4783
01-24-2005, 04:27 PM
I learnt german, english and spanish ...german grammar was a nightmare for me
I understand :awww:

owyn
01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
i'd like to study elvish does that make me a geek?

Pancakesong
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
oh no,quenya and sindarin are very beautiful languages:banana:

Pancakesong
01-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I would like to know some Czech, it would by handy for in May, when I'm going to stay at a czech girl.. she hardly can't talk english..

Jennay
01-24-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm unable to have a discussion, to understand a song or people at tv, so frustrating :mad:
I understand :hug: It's hard for me to understand Spanish and Italian when spoken by natives, even if I know enough in each language to write it/speak it while taking my time. ;)

owyn
01-25-2005, 01:26 AM
oh no,quenya and sindarin are very beautiful languages:banana:

they are absolutely, i can speak a lil bit (the basics, hello etc) but would love to be able to to talk in it properly i think it's amazing what tolkiene did in creating the languages and would really love to learn them in detail.

Peta Pan
01-25-2005, 10:56 AM
I learnt German at high school and it frustrates me now that I can understand words but not sentences now... I would like to study it some more because I want to do some travelling in Europe. I guess French would be the other language to learn because French and German are the languages spoken most in the countries I plan to visit.

bad gambler
01-25-2005, 12:20 PM
hindi

that way i can actually understand what is going on in hindi movies without relying on subtitles

drf716
02-09-2005, 05:06 AM
russian. i started to learn actually and i think i suck

erica
02-10-2005, 09:07 PM
I already learn Swedish, English and French (and Finnish, obviously) in school, so its a bit hard for me to take any more languages.

I wanna learn Estonian!! I love the language and I think it would be pretty easy for me to learn, since I speak Finnish. Ive promised myself, that when I come back from my year in USA, during summer 06, I willl start taking Estonian classes that fall :)

I also wanna learn Russian, its a fascinating language. But I think Ill never have the nerves to learn it.. :rolleyes:

MisterQ
02-10-2005, 09:53 PM
russian. i started to learn actually and i think i suck

It's hard! Stick with it, it does get easier. :)

J. Corwin
02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
I know some Spanish but I wouldn't consider myself fluent in it...so why not that. :p

Russian, so I'd know what my roommate says sometimes with his parents. ;)

And Japanese, so I'd know what my brother is watching when he goes anime-crazy. :silly:

zoltan83
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
It's hard! Stick with it, it does get easier. :)
Speaking about russian, i can't follow my russian lessons anymore this year :sad: :sad:

MisterQ
02-10-2005, 10:10 PM
Speaking about russian, i can't follow my russian lessons anymore this year :sad: :sad:

:sad: What do you mean? Did you have to stop taking classes, or are you still taking them and just not understanding?

Jennay
02-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm finally learning German, and I love it. :hearts: Of course, everyone thinks I'm crazy for loving it this much. :p Challenges. :yeah:

MisterQ
02-10-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm finally learning German, and I love it. :hearts: Of course, everyone thinks I'm crazy for loving it this much. :p Challenges. :yeah:

You're not crazy --- I loved it too! I drove my family crazy translating everything. :lol:

Jennay
02-10-2005, 10:24 PM
:rocker2: :hug:

zoltan83
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM
:sad: What do you mean? Did you have to stop taking classes, or are you still taking them and just not understanding?
stop taking classes :sad:

J. Corwin
02-10-2005, 10:28 PM

From what I've seen, you know a lot! :banana:

My German stops at mein laben(?), Scheist!, and gutentag! :lol:

knight_ley
02-10-2005, 11:17 PM
I already speak English and Spanish, so I chose German. It's always interested me because it is so different from what I know... :)

Jennay
02-10-2005, 11:32 PM
From what I've seen, you know a lot! :banana:

My German stops at mein laben(?), Scheist!, and gutentag! :lol:
:D

I know:

The days of the week, the months of the year, numbers 1-10, some colors, the directions (north, south, east, west) :p and these phrases:

Guten Morgen.
Guten Tag.
Guten Abend.
Gute Nacht.
Wie geht es dir?
Danke (Dankeschon).
Bitte.
Ich lerne Deutsch.
Ich liebe..

That's about it. :lol:

I think my coursebook is getting into verbs next. :sad:

drf716
02-14-2005, 12:59 AM
why do the russians have another language for feminine masculine and neuter?

Coleburg83
02-14-2005, 01:46 AM
Spanish to speak to the latinas, I had it from 6th to 12th grade and for my University foreign language requirements and I can't even read a menu or know more than a few basic phrases.

It's just sad how different languages are taught here, they teach you how to conjugate verbs and punctuation and stuff instead of teaching you the language itself before all that hard stuff that you can't learn a language from doing, it only confuses you.

Becarina
02-14-2005, 03:17 AM
I would like to learn Russian. I ordered some cd's that I can listen to on way way to and from work...they say I should know something in 30 days or I get my money back :p

Tatyana
02-14-2005, 09:15 PM
why do the russians have another language for feminine masculine and neuter?

What do you mean? Can you post any example?

drf716
02-15-2005, 04:01 AM
черным платьем = black dress
черной связью = black tie

notice different word for black, chyernim= for describing a thing fo girls like a dress and
chyernoy= for describing a thing for boys like a tie

Lacuna
02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
и все таки приятно в таких местах встречать русско говорящих :wavey:
I would like to know english consummately

joske
02-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Japanese here!

Cute Babi
02-25-2005, 03:10 AM
WEll I speak already 4 and a half Portuguese (my mother language) ... english ... french ... spanish and half Italian ....
I will soon start learn German ... and after that I have no Idea what should I learn

sigmagirl91
02-27-2005, 02:20 AM
I want to learn Spanish and French better.

andyroxmysox12191
02-27-2005, 02:54 PM
I'd like to know my own language a bit more even though I'm ok in it (Punjabi) and maybe Hindi too so I don't have to read the subtitles everytime when my mom or I watch a Indian movie :lol:
Other than that..I'm learning spanish right now. Open to anything really :)

Suzi
02-27-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd like to know my own language a bit more even though I'm ok in it (Punjabi) and maybe Hindi too so I don't have to read the subtitles everytime when my mom or I watch a Indian movie :lol:
Other than that..I'm learning spanish right now. Open to anything really :)

:lol: im like that except with chinese its just difficult to learn all the different pictury things, i can speak a little and understand a little just cant read it! and my dads english aint that great so i have to converse in chinese but with bits of english in :lol:

***Daniela86***
03-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I already study English and Spanish so i voted for ITALIAN! :hearts: I simply love that language. IMO,it's the most romantic language :angel: I also like portuguese a lot :inlove:

adele
03-07-2005, 07:02 AM
I've studied (of course) english, swedish, german, french and spanish, and I'd like to learn them even more. I would love to learn RUSSIAN and italian...

dani-fan Belgium
03-07-2005, 01:57 PM
slovakian

beauty_is_pink
03-07-2005, 02:33 PM
I wanna learn Slovak, Russian, French again, and I suppose a bit of German and Spanish

Cute Babi
03-07-2005, 05:28 PM
I want to learn Italian and German

cheliste
03-11-2005, 04:31 AM
I need to work on my Spanish again. I know basic but don't think it's enough...it's in bad state now so I wonder how in the heck I passed it in school. My teacher must be turning in his grave now (Bless his soul. I like him a lot, despite his labelling me the most stubborn in class :o )
And I like to study Italian and Polish. And oh Russian too.

Smankyou
03-11-2005, 04:39 AM
I would love to learn Mandarin and Spanish.

Arabic also.

tennischick
03-14-2005, 03:32 AM
portuguese. i already know spanish and i hear it's easy to pick up portuguese if u know spanish.

Chloe le Bopper
03-14-2005, 03:33 AM
I have studied French and Spanish but forget most everything, so I'd like to try again and learn them proper :(

Then probably German. It would be interesting to read some psychology blah in it's original words, not a translation.

Washa Koroleva
03-14-2005, 04:00 AM
I'd like to learn Italian as well :)

August
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
I think my English is so good that I wouldn't anymore need to study it, I learn it from listening and writing, as well as from speaking and writing myself.

But German is a language whose skills I'd like to improve. Assuming I'll work in Finland, or at least in Europe, German will be one of the most important languages in my job.

But, of languages I can't speak at all, I'd like to learn Italian or Spanish the most. I like Italy more than any Spanish speaking country, yet on the other hand Spanish is more important language as there are Spanish-speaking areas worldwide, and there are some interesting countries in Latin America.

And after Italian and Spanish, I'd like to learn Dutch, French, and Portuguese. I think my English and German skills would make learning Dutch easier, and Central Europe is an interesting area. French is one of the most important languages with French-speaking areas worldwide, yet on the other hand there are countries in Europe that interest me more than France. And, mainly because of Brazil, I'd like to learn Portuguese, yet on the other hand, I prefer Argentina and Mexico when it comes to Latin American countries.

Naudio Spanlatine
05-01-2012, 11:37 PM
Spanish:drool: :drool:

Topspindoctor
05-02-2012, 01:17 AM
Chinese. I am moderately proficient in Japanese and kanji writing system always fascinated me. While I appreciate kana system making things easier and being able to "cheat" by using it, I was always impressed by completely non-alphabet based writing systems. Sadly I don't have time to study this language and furthermore I am completely useless with intonations.

Smoke944
05-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Arabic. But I already blew my best change to learn it in high school, where classes were offered and there were tons of native speakers with whom I could talk at any time.

TigerTim
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
I tried mandarin. It was painful. Spanish.

SapELee
06-10-2012, 12:44 AM
I have studied Spanish and Japanese, but have forgotten most of the vocabularies anyway. Also studied French, but found it harder than Spanish and Japanese. If I can choose one to improve on, it would be Japanese (would like to visit Japan someday).

Roamed
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm planning to start learning Arabic next year! :bounce: At the moment I only know English and some rubbish French but I want a chance to study something really interesting.

Vinceremo
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Since I can already speak fluent Spanish, I guess Portuguese could be next since it has some similarities with both Spanish and Italian and I don't think it would be too difficult for me. Yet again, knowing some more German should be cool, my Austrian great grandmother would feel proud :lol:

Hian-GOAT
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
The language of Certinfy, aka language of trolls.

Edda
07-04-2012, 01:17 AM
Greek, but it would be too hard to write it.

deyaT87
07-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Italian and Finnish

selyoink
07-21-2012, 10:55 PM
French, Russia, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Kiswahili and Turkish.

Orka_n
07-21-2012, 11:01 PM
French. Because it is the most beautiful language imo.

Slade
07-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Finnish

kinski76
07-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Sign language. I'd love to brush up on my German, even though I still remember enough by get by. Also Arabic, Urdu and any of the Slavic or Ugric/Uralic languages.

The Prince
08-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Finnish, Swedish or Norweigan.

seattletennisguy
08-03-2012, 02:28 AM
I already speak Spanish fluently, and some French. So I want to learn Japanese to A) watch Miyazaki movies without subtitles, B) work at a Uniqlo store in Tokyo, C) explain to Kei Nishikori that I'm not really stalking him, I'm just continually bumping into him.

The Prince
08-03-2012, 03:16 AM
I already speak Spanish fluently, and some French. So I want to learn Japanese to A) watch Miyazaki movies without subtitles, B) work at a Uniqlo store in Tokyo, C) explain to Kei Nishikori that I'm not really stalking him, I'm just continually bumping into him.

Miyazaki :worship:

Julin Santiago
08-03-2012, 05:23 AM
I`d like to improve my english writing skills and I must learn portuguese, is a beautiful language and also Brazil is a very importan country for us.

Gillouthe best
08-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I would love to learn Italian or Portuguese, as they are countries not far from Spain, and it would be nice to be able to talk and understand the language.

born_on_clay
03-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I'd like to study Spanish

vpmrosulate
04-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Would have been Chinese but I know Chinese, Spanish the same logic, so Russian. I adore Russian literature.

Gris
05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
German,Italian and Russian.

But firstly I have to improve my Chinese and English...

Deathless Mortal
05-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Portuguese.

Ivelina_P
06-13-2013, 05:42 AM
French

TravelingFanGirl
06-13-2013, 07:33 PM
I'd love to learn multiple languages! The top three languages I'd like to learn are Latvian, Romanian, and French.

ne znam ali mozda
06-14-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm beginner in German, would like to study Serbian :)

VamosHoracio
06-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Right now I speak English, Spanish, and a little Portuguese. But the one I want to learn is Russian. Two reasons - one, the language sounds nice, the second is the Russian girls!

Punky
06-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Arabic, Chinese, Hindu and Improve my Spanish. if i will know all that i could talk to most of the world's population

viva-rafa
06-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Arabic, Chinese, Hindu and Improve my Spanish. if i will know all that i could talk to most of the world's population

A Hindu is a follower of Hinduism. Perhaps you meant Hindi language.

I would also like to improve my Spanish and Arabic :)

Punky
06-14-2013, 05:39 PM
A Hindu is a follower of Hinduism. Perhaps you meant Hindi language.

I would also like to improve my Spanish and Arabic :)

of course, thanks for corrected me :hug:

ProdigyEng
06-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Portuguese.

I wonder why...

:superlol:

ProdigyEng
06-14-2013, 05:42 PM
I got Spanish GCSE in High School, completely forgot any of the language I learned. Regret not taking the subject in Sixth Form.

I want to study Spanish again, as well as French since my Auntie has a holiday home there in a rural area.

I am disgusted with how shit the UK Language teaching system is compared to other countries.

viva-rafa
06-14-2013, 06:05 PM
of course, thanks for corrected me :hug:

No problem! We all make mistakes :)

viva-rafa
06-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Sign language. I'd love to brush up on my German, even though I still remember enough by get by. Also Arabic, Urdu and any of the Slavic or Ugric/Uralic languages.

Nice to see that someone would like to learn Urdu :)

Sauletekis
06-14-2013, 06:14 PM
One of the oldest langauges of the world, lithuanian. I know some words, but vocabullary it's almost impossible unless you have a good intensive lessons gave by a good teacher. And there is no Lithuanian teachers in Portugal :sadface: I also would like to learn a bit russian, but first I have to learn azbuka alphabet.

August
12-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I already know German but I'd want so much to improve my German skills. I love living here in Germany, but there's one thing that frustrates me. It's not like in Finland, or in an English-speaking country, that I get what the others are speaking even when I don't particularly concentrate on listening. Sometimes it's even hard to understand even when I concentrate. I'd really like to live here also in the future but it would be nicer to understand better what the people are talking. Ofc. by living in the country, I can learn the language, on the other hand, I can live where I already know the language.

Otherwise I'm really not going to learn another language. I might like to learn French or Spanish but I'd want to speak them fluently and I don't have time for learning them. I think it's better to speak two foreign languages fluently than one fluently and know the basics of four other.

If I had to learn yet another language, I think it'd be Italian or Dutch. I once heard some Italian tourists speaking, and I was thinking I could understand it if only I knew the words, the accent doesn't hear as difficult as in French or Spanish. And learning Dutch might not be so difficult as I already know English and German. Of languages I don't know, Dutch texts are some of the most understandable for me.

miura88
12-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Want to improve my French first.

Would like to try Italian, Russian and Japanese in the future

Mr. Oracle
12-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Can it be a star trek language or does it have to be human? :shrug:

Mr. Oracle
12-14-2013, 08:37 PM
For sure Chinese, so I can blow white people's minds and to show off.

latso
12-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Can it be a star trek language or does it have to be human? :shrug:

Klingon is allowed of course.

I'd like to polish my Italian and learn Spanish, then German.

And then if i get hooked up on learning new languages i'd go for Mandarin, but i will save this one to heal my midlife crisis in a few years :lol:

Mr. Oracle
12-15-2013, 12:41 AM
but i will save this one to heal my midlife crisis in a few years :lol:

Learning a new language is the safest way for you to deal with the crisis, your wife will approve :haha: (she's very pretty by the way :))

samanosuke
12-15-2013, 12:41 AM
english obviously

Mr. Oracle
12-15-2013, 02:04 AM
english obviously

:haha:

You said it, I didn't.

You should just reply in serbo-croatian.

samanosuke
12-15-2013, 08:03 AM
:

You should just reply in serbo-croatian.

if we don't have ex-yu mods i would do it but when we have it i would be banned for inappropriate all the time

tekkanphan
12-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Russian. There seems to be no difference between Dostoevsky and Tolstoy when you read the English translations. From Pushkin to Pasternak Russians have given some of the most talked about literature ,it does help to know the language.

Thirty All
12-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Danish, so I could easily live in Copenhagen (favorite city in the world), and could easily converse with people in Norway and Sweden.
Also Chinese, since it's obviously useful for business.