New Moderators for GM and NT for 2013 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Moderators for GM and NT for 2013

scoobs
01-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi all

Once again we're putting out a call for new moderators for the two busiest forums on the site.

If you are interested in helping out on the site, please PM scoobs (http://www.menstennisforums.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=14123) with details of why you want to be a moderator and what you think you can bring to the role. Site members from all geographical areas are welcome to apply and you do not need to be a native English speaker, although a good grasp of English is a requirement.

Applications will close on February 17th and the moderators will vote on the candidates at that time.

Many thanks

scoobs

Punky
01-29-2013, 01:30 PM
can we Offer other members as candidates?

Slasher1985
02-11-2013, 12:04 PM
can we Offer other members as candidates?

I therefore nominate Punky in this position. All in favor...?

Mae
02-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Sorry Slasher and Punky this is not an election. You apply for the position like you apply for a job.

Punky
02-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Only of the new mod gets ur cute babe ;)

Slasher1985
02-12-2013, 06:51 AM
Sorry Slasher and Punky this is not an election. You apply for the position like you apply for a job.

Is it paid? Or is it merely voluntary work?

Only of the new mod gets ur cute babe ;)

Now that would be a nice reward and a competitive salary at the same time.

Snowwy
02-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Is it paid? Or is it merely voluntary work?

Now that would be a nice reward and a competitive salary at the same time.
Volunteer

Punky
02-12-2013, 03:35 PM
just to show u how much time and energy ppl put in this forum with no Gain.
not an easy job and u rarely get a good word, it wont kill ppl to say thank u from time to time and if ppl think im saying it bc i wanna be a mod and im Sucking up well - i didnt applied to be a Mod.
bc im a mod in the forum bank i know how hard it is.

anyway thank u, AGAIN, i dont see eye to eye in everything but i know when i should say thank u.

Yves.
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Any decisions yet?

scoobs
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Entry is closed and the mods will vote on it in the coming days - I will let everyone know via PM when the decisions have been made.

ProdigyEng
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Any news?

scoobs
02-26-2013, 07:55 AM
I should be in a position to announce in the next couple of days....

Punky
02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Patience with Joe, he is Excited, new Mods new pope, its too much for him

scoobs
03-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Mod team changes

It's taken a while longer than I would have liked, but I'm pleased to announce that the mod team have selected

AdeyC
Marto
erickmartins
EnriqueIG8

as new moderators for NT and GM. Congratulations to them, and I'd like to thank the other applicants who were unsuccessful for their interest. They will be joining Sonja1989, NYCtennisfan and Action Jackson in moderating these forums.

The new moderators will be coming on stream in the next couple of days.

Additionally, Andreas will be made a supermod so that he can assist with issues arising in all forums.

Also, Snowwy and RagingLamb will be made admins alongside myself, Carlita and SloKid.

Finally, I will be leaving the mod team in the next couple of weeks, likely after Miami, and I'm sure the site will be in good hands.

Thanks,

scoobs

Litotes
03-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Best of luck to the new mods and admins! :)

Cereal Killer
03-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Congratulations to all of you and good luck! :)

Sad to see you leave scoobs, although we don't know each other all that well. Good luck to you too.

Time Violation
03-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Somewhat unorthodox choice, since they don't participate much in GM, but good luck, hope it works out :)

Punky
03-02-2013, 12:45 PM
best of luck :)

VamosRafaNadal
03-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Best wishes for the mew mods and admins. Great job scoobs :D

Mae
03-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Congrats to all :D Thank you scoobs for all your hard work over the years! TT scored big here in the new selections and while I'm happy about the promotions of the people I confess as a TT player I'm a little concerned about what is going to happen with TT now?

dinkulpus
03-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Didn't expect that :).
I'll give my best

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

AdeyC
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Congrats to all :D Thank you scoobs for all your hard work over the years! TT scored big here in the new selections and while I'm happy about the promotions of the people I confess as a TT player I'm a little concerned about what is going to happen with TT now?

Nothing to worry about there as far as I am concerned - when I was fortunate to get the TT Board vacancy I said then that I would still continue to Manage as I had done before as that was what got me known in the forum in the first place, I won't ever forget that and still will be carrying on doing so.

Didn't expect that :).
I'll give my best

That goes for me as well :)

Mae
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Wow you guys are certainly going to have a very full plate of things to do! I couldn't handle it I know, but I wish the best for both of you :)

EnriqueIG8
03-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Hopefully we can all work together as a team and improve this forum, to many people a part of their lives.

Scoobs, you won't leave the forum permanently will you?

Punky
03-03-2013, 04:37 AM
Hopefully we can all work together as a team and improve this forum, to many people a part of their lives.

Scoobs, you won't leave the forum permanently will you?

I already asked him, he said he won't but I think he will be less and less, sad ;(

erickmartins
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the opportunity and congrats to the others! I see I'll be in very good company :)

Yves.
03-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Good choice making Javier and Adrian mods!

I hope Martin can combine working and studying with moderating a forum as well :eek: Good luck, man!

AdeyC
03-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry about my manners - I was so surprised at getting this that I actually forgot to also congratulate Marto, erickmartins and EnriqueIG8 - an honour for me to be picked along with these three great guys.

EnriqueIG8
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks Adrian! Congrats to you, erickmartins and Martin too of course. If you are going to moderate this forum like you manage your TT's, I'm not worried :)

samanosuke
03-03-2013, 08:15 PM
congrats Javi :yeah:

PS You know I am not serious about everything what I am writing about B(f)arca . I like them very much

Slasher1985
03-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Congrats to the new Moderators and good luck with your tasks. Seeing the names selected makes me happy I have decided not to apply against such tough opposition.:):worship:

EnriqueIG8
03-04-2013, 04:20 PM

PS You know I am not serious about everything what I am writing about B(f)arca . I like them very much

:lol: Don't worry buddy.

but-it's-ok
03-04-2013, 08:01 PM
I'd like to offer my congrats to Martin and Javi,on becoming new mods:rocker2: Best of luck to both of you:)

cobalt60
03-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Congrats new mods and congrats to those who went up the ladder;) And thanks Chris for all you have done during your time as mod. Hopefully this does not mean you are leaving completely.

EnriqueIG8
03-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Congrats to the new Moderators and good luck with your tasks. Seeing the names selected makes me happy I have decided not to apply against such tough opposition.:):worship:

Come on, you are an awesome poster and a intelligent person. You should have definately applied.

I'd like to offer my congrats to Martin and Javi,on becoming new mods:rocker2: Best of luck to both of you:)

Thanks pal. Hopefully we can maintain this forum for years, and maybe improve it!

Mimi
03-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Come on, you are an awesome poster and a intelligent person. You should have definately applied.

Thanks pal. Hopefully we can maintain this forum for years, and maybe improve it!

congratulations Javi! :hug: :bigclap: :woohoo:

dinkulpus
03-05-2013, 07:12 AM
Congrats to Javi, Adey and Eric

JayR
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Congratulations gentlemen. Wise choices all. :D

EnriqueIG8
03-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks again, I'll try my best :)

Eden
03-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Finally, I will be leaving the mod team in the next couple of weeks, likely after Miami, and I'm sure the site will be in good hands.

Do you have any joint decision-making power then? I have no idea about the work of an admin.

Well, you have seen/read what it means to be a moderator on a forum like MTF during the last years ;)

I can only admire you and all other moderators for your thick skin which is surely needed for the job you do.

Somewhat unorthodox choice, since they don't participate much in GM, but good luck, hope it works out :)

They will get to read enough c**p now from GM and a certain degree from NT anyway.

Beside this being a moderator on this forum shouldn't be a popularity contest or something like that ;)

Good luck to the new moderators for their job.

Deathless Mortal
03-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Great choice of the new moderators :worship:

Sauletekis
03-12-2013, 05:01 AM

PS You know I am not serious about everything what I am writing about Barca . I like them very much

Finally a quality post from you. I guess better late than never ;)

Anyway, congrats to all the new Mods. They were all great choices, specially AdeyC and the great Javi. Good luck to all of them, as they all need it. Must not be a easy task to moderate this forum with some wild people.

Like Mae said, good to see TT in full force here :worship: I can only think as a good thing. TT people being recognized can only be great for TT comunity.

Alex999
04-10-2013, 12:34 AM
Congrats to all.

If I wasn't too busy I would've applied. Not sure if I'd do a good job tho. too many posters are pissing me off lately. I'd probably ban them all :lol:. kidding guys, really good luck and try to keep the board clean.

don't let people insult one another, don't let people bash players. let's all be civil :)

EnriqueIG8
04-19-2013, 04:24 PM
That lasted long.

Next time, be a little more fair guys ;)

ProdigyEng
04-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Pathetic decision.

Jelena
04-19-2013, 07:24 PM
in the next mod application round you better type ALL rules for the applying mods....

Clashcityrocker
04-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!! x 1500000

Wing Man Frank
04-19-2013, 08:21 PM
It's a shame I am so close to a perma-ban as I think certain people need to be told exactly how they are behaving.

Sorry you've been messed around Javi.

Might be worth mentioning that as the mods/admins sit themselves high up on their pedestals looking down at us mere mortals, Javi was the one person capable of bridging the gap between the two.

You have made a bad mistake - which is hardly surprising.

BauerAlmeida
04-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Pathetic decision.

ProdigyEng
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Justice4Javi.

Mark Lenders
04-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Pathetic, ridiculous decision. I'd love the person/people who took it to show/accuse themselves, although I'd assume they're too embarrassed to do it - and understandably so.

One thing is for sure: being a mod or not, Javi will always have far more respect from MTF posters than the illuminated minds responsible for this decision.

rocketassist
04-20-2013, 01:31 AM
What an absolute joke from the admin team.

Lee
04-20-2013, 02:32 AM
What can I say? *sign*

Really unfortunate.

Sauletekis
04-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Can someone explain me what the hell happened and why Javi is not a mod anymore???

Chirag
04-20-2013, 07:33 AM
dumb decision :facepalm:

Jelena
04-20-2013, 07:57 AM
in the next mod application round you better type ALL rules for the applying mods....
and as long as not ALL mods have to keep ALL THE SAME rules, you're measuring by double standards. Bah!

Ivelina_P
04-20-2013, 11:42 AM
as far as I can understand the situation,MTF administrators act as teenage girls with PMS.

dinkulpus
04-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Before thinking that only admins fault, ask Enrique what happen :wavey:

EnriqueIG8
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM

It's not the moderators/admins fault, and I haven't said that anywhere but when you know what happened I think I deserved a warning/heads up or some concrete rules on how to act with these kind of circumstances.

When someone gets de-modded after 2 months they gonna ask why, and I explained what happened. Not twisting the truth or anything. It's not like I said; Hey everyone this stuff is sooo unfair, let's revolt!

dinkulpus
04-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Check your rep :wavey:

Chris Kuerten
04-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Why did he get de-modded for being a moderator at another board while the MTF-team already knew this when he got appointed as a moderator?

Clashcityrocker
04-20-2013, 05:15 PM
first permabanning Corey Feldman and now this...pretty sure there will a 3rd ridiculous decision soon !

Wing Man Frank
04-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Whose fault is it then?

ProdigyEng
04-20-2013, 07:37 PM

Jobsworth.

EnriqueIG8
04-20-2013, 10:17 PM
It's done for me now. Both have their opinions, we should respect each other. No hard feelings.

samanosuke
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
:facepalm:

I haven't realized till now . Javi not a mod anymore, if this has something with his support to Feldman i am stunned :o

EnriqueIG8
04-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Nah, don't worry Samanito pal. It wasn't about that :)

Clashcityrocker
04-22-2013, 05:27 PM
:facepalm:

I haven't realized till now . Javi not a mod anymore, if this has something with his support to Feldman i am stunned :o

it was also not about touchy balkan people this time Samo

samanosuke
04-22-2013, 05:56 PM
this thing with Balkan people :facepalm: , I am proud on my Balkan origin and somebody can say whatever he wants and I want feel insulted or less valued, don't understand why would somebody be ashamed of his origin

SliceAce
04-23-2013, 02:18 AM
:haha: It just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

buddyholly
04-25-2013, 12:32 PM
I don't think it matters any more who the moderators are. The plan seems to have been to turn MTF into a game where some members vie to see who can most deviously suck the moderators into banning other members.
It has succeeded brilliantly.
Maybe after the banning of Feldman, the moderators feel they have to show that banning is applied to all equally, so they end up banning anybody that has a finger pointed at them.
It is starting to remind me of Mao's China, where everyone was in competition to see who could denounce whom first.

Jelena
04-25-2013, 06:57 PM
I don't think it matters any more who the moderators are. The plan seems to have been to turn MTF into a game where some members vie to see who can most deviously suck the moderators into banning other members.
It has succeeded brilliantly.
Maybe after the banning of Feldman, the moderators feel they have to show that banning is applied to all equally, so they end up banning anybody that has a finger pointed at them.
It is starting to remind me of Mao's China, where everyone was in competition to see who could denounce whom first.
and I am reminded of East German Stasi, where nobody knew who was a spy.