what's your favorite kind of cheese? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

what's your favorite kind of cheese?

am&a
12-02-2004, 03:18 AM
all the cool kids are making polls, thus i am too. (:

there isn't nearly enough room for cheese variety, thus "i don't like cheese" is not an option. if you don't, don't vote. (:

Billabong
12-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Swiss:p of course;)!

Billabong
12-02-2004, 03:31 AM
Nah seriously, being objective, swiss cheese is really my favorite:)!

Fedex
12-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Swiss. ;)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
12-02-2004, 06:38 AM
mozarella! i eat out of the bags of shredded mozarella that we have for pizza. oops. i like white cheese more than orange.

Ferrero Forever
12-02-2004, 07:47 AM
Ricotta i think is the best, i could eat that all day

jtipson
12-02-2004, 08:04 AM
All cheeses are great. Stilton (blue or white, plain or fruited), goat's cheese (especially with chives) are my faves.

What's "American" cheese, by the way?

Action Jackson
12-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Goats cheese or some of the Swiss cheeses.

Action Jackson
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
What's "American" cheese, by the way?

Bland with no taste or flavour.

RonE
12-02-2004, 08:53 AM
It was a tough draw for me between Brie and Mozzarella, but in the end Mozzarella came out on top as one of my favourite dishes is Capresa Salat- sliced tomatoes with mozzarella, basyl and balsamico dressing :drool:

SuperFurryAnimal
12-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Any Dutch cheese! Gouda, Edammer, Maaslander... But nothing beats Alkmaarse kaas!! :bounce:

http://www.zuivelonline.nl/images/kaasmarkt_alkmaar.jpg

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 03:09 PM
:d

well I don't like cheese so I won't vote:(

CooCooCachoo
12-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Other.. I HATE CHEESE :fiery:

Nikki♥
12-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Feta. I had a salad with feta cheese for lunch.

TaTaaa
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
gorgonzola (have no idea if this name is also in english hehe)

Mrs. B
12-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Gruyere
Emmental
Appenzeler
Tete de Moin
Hütenkäse
Brie
Mozzarella (with tomatoes, basil, a black olive or two and Italian dressing)

:lick:

MissPovaFan
12-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Cheddar.

CooCooCachoo
12-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Gruyere
Emmental
Appenzeler
Tete de Moin
Hütenkäse
Brie
Mozzarella (with tomatoes, basil, a black olive or two and Italian dressing)

:lick:

You really wouldn't say you are from Switzerland :lol: :silly:

Mrs. B
12-02-2004, 10:16 PM
You really wouldn't say you are from Switzerland :lol: :silly:

hey, Brie & Mozzarella aren't exactly Swiss. :lol:

jtipson
12-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Bland with no taste or flavour.

Ha ha, probably - have to say it was difficult to find a variety with any kick last time I was in California.

You replying reminds me to add another cheese that I really like to the list - Gudbrandsdalsost. Almost like fudge, and especially tasty on rye bread. (Must go and raid the fridge now!)

Peta Pan
12-04-2004, 08:37 AM
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!! I love cheese, I could eat cheese 'til the cows come home :lol:

I voted for other because my favourites are Dutch Edam plus the English cheeses - Double Gloucester and Red Leicester.

I also love Brie and Camembert. Colby and Gouda are nice too :yeah:

I DON'T like Jarlsberg cheese, it's bland and flavourless. I thought it was Swiss but it's apparantly from Norway. But since it's a Swiss style cheese I would say that I don't like Swiss cheese much.

damaged
12-04-2004, 04:43 PM
yum. brie with herbs. what's that white stuff made out of? i eat it all.

MisterQ
12-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Goats cheese or some of the Swiss cheeses.

Bravo! Goat cheese is the best.

I also enjoy camembert... :drool:

MisterQ
12-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Other.. I HATE CHEESE :fiery:

HATER!!! :fiery: Stop being lactose intolerant!!!!! :mad:

sorry I thought I was in WTA World

Peta Pan
12-05-2004, 01:44 AM
yum. brie with herbs. what's that white stuff made out of? i eat it all.

:lol: It's MOULD!!!!

It's ok, it's edible and you are supposed to eat it. I don't however because I have an allergy to yeast and mould is full of it! (It's extremely annoying cutting brie and camembert away from the mould, but it's worth it!)

Billabong
12-05-2004, 03:52 AM
and the worst.. cheeze wizz:lol:

Kristen
12-05-2004, 04:57 AM
I like cheddar cheese (from a can) in the plam of my hand ;)

Any people that regularly see Jonas Bjorkmans guestbook, will know EXACTLY what I'm saying. WTF is American cheese, btw?

MisterQ
12-05-2004, 05:05 AM
I like cheddar cheese (from a can) in the plam of my hand ;)

Any people that regularly see Jonas Bjorkmans guestbook, will know EXACTLY what I'm saying. WTF is American cheese, btw?

American cheese is often the choice when melted cheese is called for, in such favorites as grilled-cheese sandwiches.

American cheese is smooth and light yellow or orange in color. It is usually sold in blocks or squares. More than half of all cheese consumed in the United States is processed cheese of this kind. American cheese is essentially young cheddar cheese, made of pasteurized cows’ milk, which then goes through a shredding and heating process. Various other dairy ingredients, such as dyes and emulsifiers, are added to create a smooth, mild, odorless, meltable, and stable product.

American cheese is usually sold in packets of ready-cut single-square slices, but can also be bought in larger blocks. This is the cheese that is often used in prepackaged cheese spreads.

American cheese should be refrigerated at 46 to 55°F (8 to 13°C). It keeps well for several weeks in the refrigerator.
With its smooth texture and mild taste, American cheese goes well with apples, pears, and red grapes. It’s used in sauces, dips, and spreads, and is typically the cheese that’s melted or grilled in sandwiches and on hamburgers. It frequently appears in such dishes as macaroni and cheese, and is an ingredient in a great variety of cooked dishes, from salads to casseroles, biscuits, and pies.

Nutritional Highlights

American cheese, 1 slice (1 oz.) (28g)
Calories: 106
Protein: 6.3g
Carbohydrate: 0.45g
Total Fat: 8.8g
Fiber: 0.0g
*Excellent source of: Calcium (174mg)

http://www.truestarhealth.com/Notes/1643006.html

Action Jackson
12-05-2004, 05:10 AM
You replying reminds me to add another cheese that I really like to the list - Gudbrandsdalsost. Almost like fudge, and especially tasty on rye bread. (Must go and raid the fridge now!)

You have spent too much time in Norway haven't you? Yes, it's good stuff, though some of the Aussie philistines don't appreciate it.

Kristen
12-05-2004, 05:26 AM
So American cheese is the ordinary cheese i have in my fridge then. Well, I don't really eat a lot of the stuff, so I guess I'll stick with my answer - cheddar. I only ever pick at the cheese platters from work once in a blue moon, and I'd have to ask the chefs what cheese it is anyway :rolleyes: Lisle definitely has the right idea. (see JB guestbook)

Peta Pan
12-05-2004, 05:43 AM
Ahh so American cheese is the processed stuff! I like that for a change. Always got to have cheese slices in the fridge and I would imagine American cheese is what's used in 'Cheesestiks' too :inlove:

... I guess Kristen's right though - you really can't go past that canned cheddar in the 'plam of your hand' :cuckoo::scared: :haha::haha::haha:

Dutchie
12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I hate cheese!

Purple Rainbow
12-09-2004, 01:03 PM
It was a tough draw for me between Brie and Mozzarella, but in the end Mozzarella came out on top as one of my favourite dishes is Capresa Salat- sliced tomatoes with mozzarella, basyl and balsamico dressing :drool:

RonE read my mind!
It was tough, cause I'm a sucker for Brie as well, but the Caprese salad gave mozzarella the edge!

*Ljubica*
12-09-2004, 01:11 PM
I am a total "cheese freak" and love all types of cheese except the ghastly, tasteless processed variety :mad: I voted Cheddar as my favourite, but could easily have opted for Red Leicetser, Double Gloucester, Smoked Applewood, Wensleydale or any of the other gorgeous English local cheeses. We have them all made in "vegetarian" options here too so I'm the one who always chooses the cheese platter at the end of a meal instead of a sweet dessert.

Peta Pan
12-10-2004, 06:59 AM
I am a total "cheese freak" and love all types of cheese except the ghastly, tasteless processed variety :mad: I voted Cheddar as my favourite, but could easily have opted for Red Leicetser, Double Gloucester, Smoked Applewood, Wensleydale or any of the other gorgeous English local cheeses.

Ahh the English cheeses are just beautiful and you're the only one other than me that's mentioned them... am I the only person outside of England that appreciates these superb cheeses???

I found out today that the other one I was trying to think of that I absolutely love is Creamy Lancashire - a tastier, crumblier cheese (and I don't usually like crumbly cheeses so much.

MisterQ
12-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I hate cheese!

Coupled with your avatar, this makes you look like some sort of extreme radical cheesist. ;)

Mrs. B
12-10-2004, 06:25 PM
lol, Mr. Q! :lol:

Why does Swiss cheese have holes in it?

Swiss cheese is made by heating cow's milk at high
temperatures and then lifting the curd from the whey
in one mass in a fine-mesh net. This mass is then
shaped into blocks, salted with strong brine, wrapped to
prevent drying, and stored for six to eight weeks to
ferment at 80º Fahrenheit. During the weeks of curing, the
cultures begin to grow causing the body of the cheese to
break down, the holes to form and that great Swiss cheese
flavor to develop. The famous "holes" in Swiss cheese develop
because of the gas that occurs naturally from the breakdown of
milk sugar in the cheese. The cheese maker takes periodic samples
to determine that the holes of the cheese are properly developed.

Swiss cheese has been in the news recently because
the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) created new
guidelines that regulate the hole size of domestically produced
Swiss cheese. The USDA reduced the standard size of the
holes by half because new cheese-slicing machinery
got caught on larger holes. :rolleyes:

Hantuchov
01-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Cheddar, obviously :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick: :lick:

MissKoubek1981
02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
I voted other, because the best cheese is Austrian mountain cheese! :lick: I wanted to vote Mozzarella, but the mountain cheese is better. :)