Which was first, the chicken or the egg? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which was first, the chicken or the egg?

CooCooCachoo
12-01-2004, 06:40 AM
The famous question :cool:

Vote!

CooCooCachoo
12-01-2004, 06:41 AM
I believe it was the chicken :)

spooky
12-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Egg was first, because chicekns was playing tennis and the egg was ball ;-).

Ferrero Forever
12-01-2004, 09:13 AM
The egg came first for sure, and i would explain why but nobody would understand.

SuperFurryAnimal
12-01-2004, 09:40 AM
They played a tiebreak, which is still undecided. Look out of your window to the tenniscourt... you might see them... it's 18899-18898 and Chicken's serving for the match!! *biting off fingernails of tension*

spooky
12-01-2004, 09:48 AM
They played a tiebreak, which is still undecided. Look out of your window to the tenniscourt... you might see them... it's 18899-18898 and Chicken's serving for the match!! *biting of finger nails of tension*

What a forehand! Another match point saved! It's now 18899-18899 :].

Fergie
12-01-2004, 12:38 PM
The chicken was first ;) ... The current chicken comes of another wild chicken that was who incubate a egg and this way the chicken was born

TaTaaa
12-01-2004, 01:19 PM
The Chicken!

Micca
12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
I think egg,, :rolleyes:

Suzi
12-01-2004, 04:25 PM
well im a dumbass hehe! these questions give me the heeby jeebies, its like someone asking me to count!

novanora
12-02-2004, 01:51 PM
of course the egg, from the evolution theory, the chicken, belongs to one kind of bird, is evolved from dinosour. As we all know, dinosour can bear eggs, when chicken still not appeared at that time ;)

Kristen
12-02-2004, 03:02 PM
I think the chicken. Lets speak hypothetically... that there's this god-being and he makes heaps of species... He (or she) cant just put some eggs in a nest somewhere, so you have to start with the chicken (in my frootloop way of thinking ;)) Otherwise the egg has noone to sit on it and keep it warm :sad: poor egg.

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 03:05 PM
of course the egg, from the evolution theory, the chicken, belongs to one kind of bird, is evolved from dinosour. As we all know, dinosour can bear eggs, when chicken still not appeared at that time ;)

uhuh I totally agree :worship:

Nikki♥
12-05-2004, 03:44 PM
:shrug: The egg...I guess.

Vass
12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
It was a tie

MisterQ
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Adam and Eve in the Chickengarden of Eden.

Willow
12-08-2004, 05:31 PM
The first chicken came from an egg which was laid by a bird that was very similar to a chicken, but was not, in fact, a chicken, but one of the chickens closest ancestors. :)

Pancakesong
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
:hug: I agree

Dutchie
12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
I voted for the chicken

Pancakesong
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
why?

Purple Rainbow
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
The first chicken came from an egg which was laid by a bird that was very similar to a chicken, but was not, in fact, a chicken, but one of the chickens closest ancestors. :)

which came out of an egg nonetheless.

Maybe we have to work the other way around and assume that everything evolved from one-cell micro-organisms. That still doesn't answer the question, though.. :scratch:

CooCooCachoo
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM

Actually, I disagree. Didn't fish that only swam and had no legs become fish that had legs that eventually evolved to land animals? This kind of evolution could have taken place with the chicken too ;) :p

MisterQ
12-08-2004, 08:31 PM
http://www.stupidquestionsanswered.com/answered/chicken.htm

http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hansb/religion/chickenegg.html

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/jun2000/960571926.Ev.r.html

:p

Purple Rainbow
12-08-2004, 09:03 PM
There were eggs before there were chickens. That means the egg came before the chicken.

MisterQ
12-09-2004, 02:15 AM
There were eggs before there were chickens. That means the egg came before the chicken.

Bingo. :yeah: That is undeniably true. :bowdown:

You have solved a question which has plagued humanity for centuries. Surely you deserve a Nobel Prize or something!

Purple Rainbow
12-09-2004, 02:22 AM
Bingo. :yeah: That is undeniably true. :bowdown:

You have solved a question which has plagued humanity for centuries. Surely you deserve a Nobel Prize or something!

:lol: That didn't come out right.
What i mean is that in prehistoric times, there already were animals laying eggs. A type of them eventually evolved into the chicken, ergo the egg came before the chicken.
But that first post made it sound very stupid! :lol:

MisterQ
12-09-2004, 02:32 AM
:lol: That didn't come out right.
What i mean is that in prehistoric times, there already were animals laying eggs. A type of them eventually evolved into the chicken, ergo the egg came before the chicken.
But that first post made it sound very stupid! :lol:

Nah, it wasn't stupid.

Theoretically speaking, there is a line between chicken ancestor and bonafide clucker. Obviously, it would be impossible to figure out exactly where that line is drawn, but one assumes it exists in theory. Thus long ago there was a bird who laid an egg. The bird was not a chicken, but the egg produced a real chicken. That egg came before the chicken that emerged from it. So you are correct, I agree 100%.

ah, the things i could be doing with my life... :lol:

Purple Rainbow
12-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Nah, it wasn't stupid.

Theoretically speaking, there is a line between chicken ancestor and bonafide clucker. Obviously, it would be impossible to figure out exactly where that line is drawn, but one assumes it exists in theory. Thus long ago there was a bird who laid an egg. The bird was not a chicken, but the egg produced a real chicken. That egg came before the chicken that emerged from it. So you are correct, I agree 100%.

ah, the things i could be doing with my life... :lol:

Oh, that's right! Forgot you read Guns, germs & steel and thus probably are into an evolutionary mindset. So we are in agreement here, cool! :)

Billabong
12-09-2004, 03:36 AM
lol I also said the egg:lol:

Nymeria
12-09-2004, 11:20 AM
the egg :rolleyes:

Pancakesong
12-13-2004, 05:13 PM
box

Peta Pan
12-14-2004, 12:16 PM
I think the chicken. Lets speak hypothetically... that there's this god-being and he makes heaps of species... He (or she) cant just put some eggs in a nest somewhere, so you have to start with the chicken (in my frootloop way of thinking ;)) Otherwise the egg has noone to sit on it and keep it warm :sad: poor egg.
It's taken me 14 days to enter this poll and 11 days to find this post, but Kristen I was thinking the exact same thing as you so I don't find it fruitloopy at all :yeah:. God created the chicken to lay an egg and then sit on it... he couldn't create an egg and then have nothing to keep it warm, therefore the chicken came first.

I understand Stefan's line of reasoning, but I don't agree because I thought the age old question was relating to a chicken egg and not one of another species which obviously came before a chicken.... coz then you have to go back to dinosaurs (?) and say which came first, the dinosaur or the egg :confused:

Purple Rainbow
12-14-2004, 02:25 PM
It's taken me 14 days to enter this poll and 11 days to find this post, but Kristen I was thinking the exact same thing as you so I don't find it fruitloopy at all :yeah:. God created the chicken to lay an egg and then sit on it... he couldn't create an egg and then have nothing to keep it warm, therefore the chicken came first.

I understand Stefan's line of reasoning, but I don't agree because I thought the age old question was relating to a chicken egg and not one of another species which obviously came before a chicken.... coz then you have to go back to dinosaurs (?) and say which came first, the dinosaur or the egg :confused:

Actually teh whole chicken/egg dilemma might thus come down to the evolution/creationism discussion. Believing in God's creation puts the chicken first, whereas believing in the science of evolution puts eggs before the chicken. Note, it doesn't say: what came first, the chicken or the chickenegg. No, any egg would do.
This is actually great discussion stuff when you're sitting around a campfire and have a couple of beers and/or smokes with friends! :p

Peta Pan
12-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Actually teh whole chicken/egg dilemma might thus come down to the evolution/creationism discussion. Believing in God's creation puts the chicken first, whereas believing in the science of evolution puts eggs before the chicken.

I was thinking the same thing... and funnily enough, I never quite understood the evolution v creation thing before - it's coming to me now. Whoever thought MTF could be this educational :yeah:

Note, it doesn't say: what came first, the chicken or the chickenegg. No, any egg would do.

Ok, so what came first... the dinosaur or the dinosaur egg? ;) :p

TennisAnyone
12-21-2004, 10:26 PM
The Egg

LiZpHaIr
12-26-2004, 10:17 AM
Dinosaurs!