Do you collect autographs of tennis players? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you collect autographs of tennis players?

CooCooCachoo
11-30-2004, 07:12 AM
I do :bounce:

What about you? If you want, you can post your collection here too! :)

Nymeria
11-30-2004, 11:18 AM
I do :yeah:

Kristen
11-30-2004, 11:22 AM
Yeah, but not in any old random book or piece of paper :)
I have a little book where I write a little bit about a player, and put a photo of them / with them next to it, and get them to sign underneath. So far I have:
Jan Frode Andersen - Simon Aspelin
Tomas Behrend - Massimo Bertolini - Jonas Björkman - Lars Burgsmuller
Agustin Calleri - Frantisek Cermak
Thomas Enqvist
Wayne Ferreira *sweetheart* - Leos Friedl
Jerome Golmard
Thomas Johansson
Igor Kunitsyn
Niclas Larsson - Michael Llodra
Todd Martin - Jurgen Melzer - Max Mirnyi - Carlos Moya
Jarkko Nieminen - Timo Nieminen
Alexander Popp
Tommy Robredo - Oli Rochus
Fabrice Santoro - Rainer Schuettler - Robin Soderling
Brian Vahaly - Martin Verkerk - Filippo Volandri
Mats Wilander - Todd Woodbridge

There are a few I remembered to get photos with, but forgot to get them to sign my book :smash: :) I'll update in January ;)

Mrs. B
11-30-2004, 12:26 PM
i had about 2 autographs from Roger, one i sent to a fan in China.
and i had one from James Blake when he was in Basel.

that's about it. i'd rather take pics. :)

jmgsdoubsprtnr
11-30-2004, 02:32 PM
you're way WAY too organized BG!!

Leena
11-30-2004, 03:22 PM
No.

In general, I just hate talking to players. When you get to know them, you know they're regular loser peons like the rest of us. Then, it feels stupid asking for autographs and such.

CooCooCachoo
11-30-2004, 05:42 PM

:lol:

Leander Paes called me very organized for having my picture of him ready to sign when he stopped practising :lol:

roisin
11-30-2004, 05:58 PM
i wish i had the opportunity to get autographs!

haha, i think photos are better though.

joeb_uk
11-30-2004, 07:56 PM
Havent ever tryed getting an autograph of a player, a nice digital photo is always nicer for me :)

Kristen
12-01-2004, 12:43 AM
:lol: You should see my itinerary for January :eek:

Leena is right though. When you get to talking to people, you see that they're just normal people (although occasionally with a heap of money, jetsetting around the world).

CooCooCachoo
12-01-2004, 05:39 AM
:lol: You should see my itinerary for January :eek:

Leena is right though. When you get to talking to people, you see that they're just normal people (although occasionally with a heap of money, jetsetting around the world).

That itinerary is indeed very organized :lol: I would never ever do that, though it probably is very effective :yeah:

TaTaaa
12-01-2004, 03:47 PM
I had Guga's autograph, but I lost it!! :sad: heheh I like to ask for autographs of famous people, but I prefer to take picture! :)

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I don't collect autographjs of tennisplayers because I haven't one yet. but if I have the oppetunity, I will ask it! now I collect autographs of the ajax selection, and I have some of dutch politici :rolleyes:

CooCooCachoo
12-02-2004, 02:52 PM
I don't collect autographjs of tennisplayers because I haven't one yet. but if I have the oppetunity, I will ask it! now I collect autographs of the ajax selection, and I have some of dutch politici :rolleyes:

OMG Of politicians? :crazy: Which ones>?

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 05:56 PM
ayaan hirsi ali:o, wouter bos, femke halsema, paul rosenmöller, job cohen, some guy of the PvdA but I've forgotten his name..

and I've got the autograph of freek de jonge

Dutchie
12-02-2004, 06:21 PM
ayaan hirsi ali:o, wouter bos, femke halsema, paul rosenmöller, job cohen, some guy of the PvdA but I've forgotten his name..

:haha:
I've never heard of people asking politicians for autographs!

Dutchie
12-02-2004, 06:22 PM
PS Idon't collect autographs, but i do like then when they are done on pictures.

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 07:47 PM
yeah I know Im always obsessed during the 'verkiezingen'

CooCooCachoo
12-02-2004, 09:09 PM

Femke :cool: :D

Did you get Ferd Crone's autograph? He was really helpful when I was doing my 'profielwerkstuk' last year about the liberalisation and privatisation of the Dutch energy sector. He is from the PvdA :)

MissPovaFan
12-02-2004, 09:13 PM
hmmm not really but I do have Maria Sharapova's autograph if that counts :)

Corinna
12-06-2004, 07:47 PM
i would collect them too if i had the opportunity to do it

CooCooCachoo
12-06-2004, 07:54 PM
i would collect them too if i had the opportunity to do it

I hope you get the opportunity soon :D

Experimentee
12-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah i have a few autographs. I'm not really organised, I just get them to sign my order of play :lol:

Action Jackson
12-12-2004, 09:49 AM
I have only ever wanted 4 autographs in my life and I got them and I figured that was time to stop.

Peta Pan
12-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah I have my autograph book.. but it ran out last year and I had to finish the AO with them signing on pieces of paper. I still haven't bought a new autograph book to paste the loose ones into yet - I really must before January!

ae wowww
12-12-2004, 10:44 AM
It's not a task I set out to do, but I have some: Tim (several), Greg (several), JMG, Schuettler, Jim Thomas :D.

ae wowww
12-12-2004, 10:44 AM
Is this strictly non tennis??

roisin
12-12-2004, 04:43 PM
if it isnt ive got footballers & golfers autographs. ;)

TennisAnyone
12-21-2004, 09:39 PM
No there is no tennis stuff near me.

superpinkone37
12-21-2004, 09:44 PM
i have a few autographs from when i went to IW, but its not like i really collect them lol

Iza
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
i do collect and so far I got Alex Corretja, Igor Andreev, Phillip Kohlschreiber, Novak Djokovic and Paul-Henri Mathieu. That's all I could get in two days @ the BCR Open in Bucharest :sad: But I'm soooo proud of them :D
Obv. I love takin' pix 2 :yeah:

Fedex
12-23-2004, 01:40 AM
I have a few autographs, but not many.