WWW: Australian Open final: (1)Bryan's vs Haase/Sijsling [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW: Australian Open final: (1)Bryan's vs Haase/Sijsling

Rik.
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Who is going to win this match? The Bryan's are the favorite by far, but Haase and Sijsling only lost a set so far and defeated Lopez/Grannolers in 2 sets.

GSMnadal
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
The Clutch Dutch 7-6 7-6

Chris Kuerten
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
:haha:

Is this real life?

GSMnadal
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Does a Dutchie know whether this'll be on TV here? The NOS has a habit of buying television rights for single matches when freak events like this occur.

Rik.
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Does a Dutchie know whether this'll be on TV here? The NOS has a habit of buying television rights for single matches when freak events like this occur.

I emailed NOS about it :lol: I really would like to see this match :)

NOS will try to buy the rights of the final, but it's doubtful it will succeed.

BroTree123
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow. Dutchies making a GS final? Haase particularly?!

asmazif
01-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I think we can all agree Haase and Sijsling are going to win this.

Besides, The Fog already tired out the Bryans in the semis.

nole_no1
01-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Haase/Sijsling in a GS final :eek: unreal

GSMnadal
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM

NOS will try to buy the rights of the final, but it's doubtful it will succeed.

Cheers, let's hope so.

Haase and Sijsling bageling the Bryans in the poll, a sign of things to come, surely

Corey Feldman
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
BOL Haase you big choker

great job in semi to take out those annoying Spanish flies

Chirag
01-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Cmon Bryans :cheerleader:

Trollicki
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
The Dutch will prove to be too much.

Jverweij
01-24-2013, 05:03 PM
this is quite the accomplishment from the inexperienced dutchmen. Would be really nice if they could pull through, maybe even give them some confidence for their singles games. If Haase stopped mugging around he could be a decent top 50 - 20 player. As for Sijsling.. I don't know where his level could be at. I do know that his ranking is too low for his talents and abilities, and that alot of his losses are due to a lack of self-belief.

MIJB#19
01-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Unreal run by Haase and Sijsling. I'm afraid they're too dutch to be able to win the final...

EnriqueIG8
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Unreal run by Haase and Sijsling. I'm afraid they're too dutch to be able to win the final...

Good thing Haase is half German and Sijslin's mother is Serbian :lol:

CooCooCachoo
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
I am still in disbelief that this team is in the final of a Grand Slam, and especially someone like Haase. When you look at Sijsling it is really not that surprising as his singles game should translate well to doubles, but Haase has just been an absolute mug in doubles and has one of the worst doubles records in Grand Slams. And that is really for a reason: his net game is rather weak and he tries to go for too much, producing tonnes of errors.

At the same time it is really difficult to call this a fluke run, since they have been very consistent throughout the tournament, dropping only one set (one less than the Bryans). They haven't had the toughest of opponents but no real walkovers either, and they've faced opponents with quite different game styles. Apparently they have been serving especially well. The Dutchmen clearly deserve to be in the final and I hope they take the title now.

leng jai
01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Haas finally makes a slam final.

motorhead
01-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Haas finally makes a slam final.

:haha:

MIJB#19
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM

NOS will try to buy the rights of the final, but it's doubtful it will succeed.First time in a long time any countrymen make a grand slam final and we're all forced to browse the internet for some sort of coverage. :stupid:

What annoys me is that they're giving this so little coverage, as if they don't want to look stupid for not having broadcast rights, they ignore it's happening.