~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~~The Fer Rocks DAVIS CUP cheering thread~~

Pages : [1] 2 3

~EMiLiTA~
11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
a little snippet of DC news: (English at bottom)

“Hemos decidido que vengan también Feliciano López y Fernando Verdasco”, confirmó Avendaño, uno de los miembros del trío de capitanes que completan Josep Perlas y Jordi Arrese.

“Queremos que también estén en Sevilla y que en caso de algún contratiempo puedan ser un recambio”.

"We've decided that Feliciano López and Fernando Verdasco should come too" said Avedaño, one of the members of the trio of captains, the other 2 being Josep Perlas and Jordi Arrese

"We want them to be in Seville too so in case of a mishap, they can be the reserves"

Carlita
11-26-2004, 01:31 PM
a little snippet of DC news: (English at bottom)

“Hemos decidido que vengan también Feliciano López y Fernando Verdasco”, confirmó Avendaño, uno de los miembros del trío de capitanes que completan Josep Perlas y Jordi Arrese.

“Queremos que también estén en Sevilla y que en caso de algún contratiempo puedan ser un recambio”.

"We've decided that Feliciano López and Fernando Verdasco should come too" said Avedaño, one of the members of the trio of captains, the other 2 being Josep Perlas and Jordi Arrese

"We want them to be in Seville too so in case of a mishap, they can be the reserves"

That's great! Thanks for the info Em! :D

Iza
11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
finally! at least thats' what they could do 4 them if they didn't choose them 2 play!

~EMiLiTA~
11-27-2004, 10:47 AM
haha yeah...so they still get to be part of it

lizabeth..*
11-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Don't forget your cheer sticks chicos!

Carlita
11-30-2004, 07:56 AM

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :D

Iza
11-30-2004, 10:50 AM

VAMOS ESPANA
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/musik/drum.gif http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/musik/tube.gif !!!!!!!!
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/musik/689.gif

:woohoo: :woohoo: Vamos Vamos Vamos !

~EMiLiTA~
11-30-2004, 10:54 AM

lol! omg those cheer sticks piss me off so much!

~EMiLiTA~
12-02-2004, 12:51 PM
I've seen Fer a few times on the Spanish news. One time they showed him playing soccer with Rafa and Feli and today they showed him and Feli playing a practice doubles match against Tommy and Rafa...looks like he and Feli are having fun!

lizabeth..*
12-02-2004, 07:28 PM
I've seen Fer a few times on the Spanish news. One time they showed him playing soccer with Rafa and Feli and today they showed him and Feli playing a practice doubles match against Tommy and Rafa...looks like he and Feli are having fun!

See! This happens every time.

Me: *ponders* I will watch the Spanish news tonight

Never happens, I either forget or go to bed. Always when he is on. Grrr

Anyway, glad to hear they are having...fun.

lizabeth..*
12-02-2004, 07:29 PM
lol! omg those cheer sticks piss me off so much!

Ohh but Emily...they are the essence of Davis Cup. I have entire shopping bag full of them in my sisters cupboard. Yes, you can blame that on my sister and Kat! :rolleyes: :lol:

~EMiLiTA~
12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
guess what guys, Feli and Nando might be getting a shot at the Davis Cup next year cos the current head dude of the Spanish Tennis Federation (who's from Barcelona) is probably going to lose the elections to the head of the Madrid tennis federation, and he wants to put Feli and Nando in the team. This would be at the expense of Tommy and JC though...

Carlita
12-07-2004, 10:49 AM
guess what guys, Feli and Nando might be getting a shot at the Davis Cup next year cos the current head dude of the Spanish Tennis Federation (who's from Barcelona) is probably going to lose the elections to the head of the Madrid tennis federation, and he wants to put Feli and Nando in the team. This would be at the expense of Tommy and JC though...

Well, :yeah: good news for Feli and Nando..... :sad: not for Tommy and JC! Why not add more matches to the weekend of Davis Cup?! So that more players can play???? hahaha...... right Carlita.... :rolleyes:

lizabeth..*
12-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Hmmm well thats a good thing. But if it means JC is going to get dropped again then I don't support it.

But thats interesting to know, thanks Em. We'll see what happens though. They probably only need 2 players for the DC team now though.

~EMiLiTA~
12-07-2004, 11:11 AM
They probably only need 2 players for the DC team now though.

:rolleyes: :lol: I wonder who you're talking about :aplot:

Carlita
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
:rolleyes: :lol: I wonder who you're talking about :aplot:

but they SUCK at doubles, together...... :rolleyes: :angel:

Iza
12-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Oh come on, Tommy and JC are not a good doubles pair. I like JC tons but he plays badly @ the net and he's not made for the doubles. It's either Rafa and Tommy or Feli and Fer IMO.

lizabeth..*
12-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Fer is actually leaving his tennis club because of all of this hoo ha with the elections. Feli has run away as well I believe. Basically what has happened is that Chamartin, Nando's club, is voting in the current president of the spanish tennis federation and Nando and Feli are not happy with that at all. So they are moving to one of the Barcelona clubs. Not too sure which one it is though.

So yes. There you go.

~EMiLiTA~
12-10-2004, 11:06 AM
the current president as in Agustin Pujol? I'm surprised Chamartín's voting for him cos he's Catalan...I'd have thought they'd have wanted Pedro Muñoz to get in who is the president of the Madrid federation...

btw wasn't Feli always a member of the Royal Barcelona club?

lizabeth..*
12-11-2004, 12:41 AM
I thought Feli was already playing for Barca too. *shrug*

And yes they want Agustin....this is what Elide told me. Apparently Marta knows more! Will ask about it one day. Haha.

~EMiLiTA~
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
it's that time again...and this time Fer's actually part of the proper team woohoo. Costa, Feli, Fer, and Nico Almagro (the sparring) left Barcelona yesterday and went to Bratislava via Vienna. Rafa's coming straight from Acapulco.

here's a pic of the 3 main guys at Barcelona airport:

Carlita
02-28-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks Em!!! ooooooooooooh :inlove: Gosh how cute can you be Señor Verdasco??????? :worship:

~EMiLiTA~
02-28-2005, 02:23 PM
haha yeah he does look really nice in that pic I must say! he has a great smile

Carlita
02-28-2005, 02:50 PM
he does doesn't he??? :hug: aaaaaaaaaaw!!! boy oh boy.... I got it bad.. :angel: Like I told Liz... I need:help: :lol: Still on Planet Verdasco...... :rolleyes: On second thoughts... I really like it there! :banana: ;)

lizabeth..*
02-28-2005, 03:16 PM
One more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/fernandoverdasco/dc05-2.jpg

lizabeth..*
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry Feli, but army print and orange do not work...

~EMiLiTA~
02-28-2005, 03:22 PM
gee, doesn't Feli look a barrel of laughs :rolleyes: lighten up man!

Carlita
02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
thanks Liz!! :yippee: you girls keep feeding me :lol: this will get me through the day! Muchas gracias! :D

Carlita
02-28-2005, 03:24 PM
ooooooooh Liz.....tell me again who to save from the rubbish bin.... too many french guys....I keep mixing them up :o

lizabeth..*
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
ooooooooh Liz.....tell me again who to save from the rubbish bin.... too many french guys....I keep mixing them up :o

Paulo, Richie, Olivier & Ed (If there is ANYTHING on the last 2??) :kiss:

Carlita
02-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Paulo, Richie, Olivier & Ed (If there is ANYTHING on the last 2??) :kiss: Paulo??? eh... Richie I know... Olivier.... found something yes... if you're talking about Patience that is... Who's Ed???

Sorry my brain's Verdasco-Fried... :p can't think :o

Carlita
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
and another one :D:D:D
http://www.terra.es/addon/img/deportes/71f8ec0bab31dg.jpg

Eruwen
02-28-2005, 06:40 PM
gee, doesn't Feli look a barrel of laughs :rolleyes: lighten up man! I was thinking exactly the same! :lol: He looks so much better too when he has a smile on his face!

Sommarsverige
02-28-2005, 07:34 PM
So cute pics of the Spanish team and especially Nando!

Thanks for posting them:-)

(Sorry, my smilies are not working right now, don´t know why???)

Carlita
03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Looks cold there!!!

~EMiLiTA~
03-01-2005, 11:04 AM
sjoukje, what was that about saving Frenchies from the rubbish bin?!?!?! didn't get that! or am I not supposed to have got it?

Carlita
03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
sjoukje, what was that about saving Frenchies from the rubbish bin?!?!?! didn't get that! or am I not supposed to have got it?:lol: You couldn't have known Emily ;) just saving the pics and articles from the magazines :)

so Eduardo who what and WHERE??????? :confused: :lol: :o

~EMiLiTA~
03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Edouard Roger-Vasselin (I'm assuming)...I replied to your question in the Rafa forum too! lol

Carlita
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
:lol: yes I saw it thanks! Just thought I'd bring it back to here otherwise I'd get even more :confused: I'm a little bit off the planet at the moment!!! :o anyone happen to know my name?! :haha:

Well, Lizzzzzzzz is that the guy you're talking about?? :shrug: Never heard of him :o

~EMiLiTA~
03-01-2005, 02:19 PM
doesn't surprise me that you haven't heard of him...I only heard about him for the first time in Beijing lol. Though I later found out it was him who had been having breakfast next to me in Stuttgart lol. I think he looks a bit like Richard Gasquet...but that's just me...he plays a lot of challengers...he's down for the Salinas one in a few weeks so you may see his name around...

Iza
03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
:inlove: Lovely pix! Fer looks WICKED! :drool:
so does Feli :hearts:

lizabeth..*
03-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes Sjoukje, it's Roger Vasselin I'm talking about. But I'd be very suprised if you found anything, so don't stress over it :)

Sorry haven't been around much...too freaking busy.

Carlita
03-02-2005, 03:30 PM
:lol: you might be surprised Liz!! :p

busy busy bee you are!! :lol:

~EMiLiTA~
03-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Olivier.... found something yes... if you're talking about Patience that is...

YOU FOUND SOMETHING ON OLIVIER PATIENCE??? :eek: WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?!

Carlita
03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
YOU FOUND SOMETHING ON OLIVIER PATIENCE??? :eek: WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?!
:lol: breath in and out pffffffffffffffffffffff ;)

just 2 pics in French tennis magazine (July 2004 I think) But one with the lovely Carlos....... I'll scan that one....or maybe let it move to Melbourne... I'll think about that seeing it's only Charly's (very lovely) back we see ;)

Carlita
03-02-2005, 06:01 PM
MADRID, March 2 (Reuters) - Holders Spain have lodged a formal complaint over the quality of the indoor carpet playing surface due to be used for this week's Davis Cup first round tie against Slovakia.

"Our players say they have never played on a surface like this and the regulations state it should have been used at at least three other ATP tournaments," team coach Juan Avendano told sports daily Marca.

There are only five other tournament sites with an indoor carpet surface -- Basil, Lyon, Milan, Moscow and St Petersburg -- and the Spanish players have complained about the quality of the bounce on the Bratislava court.

"The surface appears different from all the others," added Avedano. "The players say that serves were impossible to return in training. No two balls bounce the same."

International Tennis Federation (ITF) tournament official Soren Frimmel will make a decision about the surface on Thursday and could insist it is relaid

Carlita
03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Karol Beck (SVK) v Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) v Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Dominik Hrbaty/Michal Mertinak (SVK) v Albert Costa/Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) v Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
Karol Beck (SVK) v Fernando Verdasco (ESP)

¡VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS! :bounce:

come on Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooo :banana:

lizabeth..*
03-03-2005, 11:53 AM
And in what may be the day's biggest shock, Fernando Verdasco will fill the second singles berth, not Rafael Nadal, the hero of the 2004 Final

:rolleyes:

Vamos Fer!

Eruwen
03-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Wow, didn't really see that one coming! But I guess it makes sense.

Vamos España! :bounce:

Björki
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
good luck to Nando :bounce:

Carlita
03-03-2005, 12:17 PM
And in what may be the day's biggest shock, Fernando Verdasco will fill the second singles berth, not Rafael Nadal, the hero of the 2004 Final

Vamos Fer!
:lol: yeeeah whatta shock :p Not really.....and I'm not saying that because I happen to live at Planet Verdasco at the moment and am part of the Fer Promo Team :haha: ;)

~EMiLiTA~
03-03-2005, 01:10 PM
yeah...I just heard all that about the courts on the Spanish news today!!! So much for Feli saying he liked the court a few days ago!!!

But I can't believe they didn't put Rafa in the singles!!! I guess it's more even this way and doesn't tire anyone out too much. Great opportunity for Feli and Nando tho! Esp Nando!!! Hope he can do well!!! VAMOS FER! :bounce:

lizabeth..*
03-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I can't believe they didn't put Rafa in the singles!!!

If Rafa had played and won his last 2 tournaments indoors, then I wouldn't have believed it either...but he played on clay, Fer specifically played indoors in order to play this tie, so I think he deserves this shot. I'm sure if Jordi felt Rafa was up to playing singles he would have chosen him.

Vamos Fer!!

Hope they get the court fiasco sorted out asap too!

~EMiLiTA~
03-03-2005, 01:37 PM
yeah I agree...it does make sense...for some reason I just thought they'd still put him in...u know how they are when it comes to Rafa and DC...but I think this arrangement is much better

adelaide
03-03-2005, 02:03 PM
not a bad decision.... Rafa's 0-3 record against Hrbaty scared me a bit. :)

Carlita
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
:D Looks like our Fernando is very happy!!! VAMOS CARIÑOOOO :banana:

tenis
Vesdasco jugará la Copa Davis
Bratislava. Agencias
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050303/deportes/tenis/media/200503/03/verdasco.gif

El madrileño Fernando Verdasco, junto a Feliciano López designado por los capitanes del equipo español para disputar los encuentros individuales de la primera jornada de la eliminatoria frente a Eslovaquia, reconoció que la posibilidad de jugar la Copa Davis "es un sueño cumplido realidad" y por eso es "muy feliz

"Soy muy feliz. Es como un sueño. Siempre quise jugar la Copa Davis y ahora me llega la ocasión. Defender a tu país en una competición como ésta es algo único. Intentaré entrar en la pista con toda la ilusión del mundo. Y espero que Feliciano gane el primer partido para entrar en el mío con la intención de lograr un dos a cero en la eliminatoria", dijo el jugador español.

"Espero que podamos ofrecer nuestro mejor nivel. Tenemos un grupo muy equilibrado con grandes opciones. La pista no es nuestra preferida, pero tenemos que demostrar que somos los campeones", añadió Verdasco, que tras formar parte como ayudante del equipo de Copa Davis afronta su debut en la competición.

"Ya estuve en Alicante y Sevilla como ayudante del equipo y ya sé cómo es este ambiente. Me enteré ayer de que iba a jugar. Vimos las posibilidades entre todos -jugadores y técnicos- y decidimos lo mejor para el equipo y se determinó que iba a jugar yo", añadió el tenista madrileño, que reconoció no sentirse nervioso.

Los dos triunfos logrados por Verdasco ante Hrbaty, en el Masters Series de Madrid y en la ronda previa del torneo de Long Island, terminaron por decidir su inclusión para la primera jornada. El madrileño conoce bien el número uno eslovaco.

"Hrbaty es un grandísimo jugador que está entre los veinte mejores del mundo. Hace poco era el doce y eso no está al alcance de cualquiera. Será un partido muy difícil aunque las dos veces que jugué contra él gané. Pero esto es especial. Juega en su casa y es un partido a cinco sets. Contra él siempre he jugado muy bien y eso me dio confianza y sensaciones muy buenas", concluyó Verdasco.

Carlita
03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
aaaaaaaaaaw :hug:

http://www.terra.es/addon/img/deportes/71f908011b83bg.jpg

Verdasco: ''Es un día muy especial para mí y soy muy feliz''
:D :hug: :bounce:

RogiFan88
03-04-2005, 03:07 AM
cute photo lady carlita! nice to see fer so happy to be part of the team!

vamos, fer!!!

it is right that fer play first... he'll have enough pressure and will be nervous... best to leave a more experienced DC player for the 5th rubber, if aboslutamente necesario!

VAMOS, ESPANA!!! PUEDE GANAR!

~EMiLiTA~
03-04-2005, 03:48 AM
great to see him so happy! it's an awesome opportunity for him...he really deserves it. hope he can do well!

Booshie
03-04-2005, 06:06 AM
I wish all the best for Verdasco. :) He seems like a such a sweetheart. (with great looks to boot;) ) I think that this is a great opportunity for him to prove what he's worth! :yeah: Vamos!!

Björki
03-04-2005, 06:25 AM
cute pics Lady_Carlita :kiss:

becky1210
03-04-2005, 06:50 AM
they are gorjus pics fer is just so gorjus and he seems so down to earth

Carlita
03-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Feli plays first, so if he wins that will take the pressure off a little... still if I read the articles correctly Lil Fer isn't nervous at all!! He's just happy and proud to be playing!! :yeah:

¡VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!

http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif http://members.home.nl/gvanbienen/cheering.gif

Iza
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
:woohoo: Vamos!

roisin
03-04-2005, 03:21 PM
oooh nando's up now, he'd want to be levelling the tie after feli lost :( :sad:

no pressure then :p

VAMOS NANDO!!! :bounce:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 03:27 PM
No kidding Roisin!!! :p

ooooooooooh :scared:

VAMOS DARLING FERNANDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kick some ASSSSSSSSSSSSSS :smash:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Vamos Fernando!!! :bounce:

You can do it! :yeah:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 03:36 PM
ooooooooooooooooooh I'm going to freak out.. pffff uh pfffff uh pffffffff

oooooooooooooooooooooh Gabs...... would you please keep me posted after 17.30??? Otherwise I'd go mad on the train :lol:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 03:44 PM
ooooooooooooooooooh I'm going to freak out.. pffff uh pfffff uh pffffffff

oooooooooooooooooooooh Gabs...... would you please keep me posted after 17.30??? Otherwise I'd go mad on the train :lol: Will do :yeah:

A link for point by point live score! http://www.tipex.sk/live.php

Carlita
03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Will do :yeah:

A link for point by point live score! http://www.tipex.sk/live.php
Tenk Joe!!!!! :hug:

:scared: :scared: :scared: OMFG!!! :help: :sad:

roisin
03-04-2005, 03:53 PM
breathe carlita, breathe...

:p

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 03:54 PM
He held his first service game :woohoo:

Vamos Fer!

Carlita
03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
breathe carlita, breathe... :pPfffff uuuuuh Pffffffffff uuuuh Pfffffffffffffffff!!!! :yippee:

oooh well, he's making trouble already!!! Going to deuce in Hrbaty's 2nd game!! :yeah:

now don't give up noooooooooooow!!!!! Come ooooooooooon!!!!

VAMOS CARIÑOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh 1-3 :crying2:

*Carlita dying slowly here*

roisin
03-04-2005, 04:02 PM
lost his 2nd one :bigcry:

hrbaty 3*-1

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:05 PM
:awww:

Vamos!!! Don't go following Feli now!

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Mtf :smash:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 04:15 PM
:awww: :sad: :awww:
:crying2:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:19 PM
3-5...

Vamos!!! :bounce: Break him now!

roisin
03-04-2005, 04:21 PM
lost 1st set 6-3 :awww: :bigcry:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:22 PM

Come on Nando! :banana:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
:bigcry: I can't watch anymore..... I feel sick.... boohoooooooooooo :crying2:

Come on now Fer, sweetie pie....... Get the Hamster!!!! :fiery:

I'm going................. :wavey: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:32 PM
He broke he broke! :woohoo:

Vamos! :bounce:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:33 PM
And he held! 3-0! :banana:

~EMiLiTA~
03-04-2005, 04:34 PM
wow that's good for him!!!

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 04:40 PM
4-1 for Fernando now :woohoo:

Vamos! :banana:

loeliepoelie
03-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Hrbaty broke back............ :(

4 - 4.....

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 05:01 PM
He lost the second set 4-6 :awww:

Vamos Nando!!

Booshie
03-04-2005, 05:55 PM
He's making a comeback, I think. :yeah: Won the third set in a tiebreak! Woohoo!

roisin
03-04-2005, 06:02 PM
broke in the 1st game of the 4th as well! :woohoo: :bounce: :aparty:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm scared to say...but I'm back!! Don't tell Nando!! Just pretend I'm not here!!

*whisper* VAMOS! ;)

roisin
03-04-2005, 06:23 PM
ok i wont say nothing to him! :p

Carlita
03-04-2005, 06:32 PM
ok i wont say nothing to him! :p
:crying2: too late, he heard :sad:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 06:45 PM
:awww: Not an ideal start! But Fernando gave a good fight! I'm a little worried about the medical time out though... Hope he's ok!

Vamos España!!! :bounce:

loeliepoelie
03-04-2005, 06:54 PM
This sucks big time, I was hoping for a 1-1 at the end of the day!!! I was really looking forward to Spain coming to Holland for the quaters...

Oh well, maybe they can still pull it off! VAMOS!!!! :bounce:

roisin
03-04-2005, 06:55 PM
awh :hug: for nando...

he did good though considering it was his first dc match!

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Oh well, maybe they can still pull it off! VAMOS!!!! :bounce: They HAVE to! :bounce: I don't care if I have to go to Switzerland... I wanna see Spain play Davis Cup!

Carlita
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeees still very proud of Nando!!! :yeah: good fight hon! :hug:

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 07:07 PM
awh :hug: for nando...

he did good though considering it was his first dc match! I agree! :yeah:

Hopefully they can turn it around tomorrow! :bounce:

MeluG
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Hi all!
Congrats to Fernando's fans. I believe winning a set against Hrbaty as a visitor on hard and with 71% 1st serve is very impressive!
Well done Verdasquito!!!! =O)

Carlita
03-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Nice red!! :D

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg050304/deportes/tenis/media/200503/04/davis.jpg

Eruwen
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Very nice!

roisin
03-04-2005, 08:51 PM
oooh sucha stylemysta is nando, ok he lost but at least he was looking good! ;)

Carlita
03-04-2005, 08:56 PM
oooh sucha stylemysta is nando, ok he lost but at least he was looking good! ;)

stylemysta???? :confused: :lol: ehm...okay... ;)

omg I just saw my sweet Dinand.....talking about Guusje..... (most of you won't know....) ooooooh he looked so calm..... he's such a brave guy! I love him!! :hug: Eventhough he didn't seem to be too sad.... I still cried... :crying2: I haven't seen him for about 8 months or so... miss him :sad:

Carlita
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
aaaaaw :hug: :worship:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_3873_gallery.JPG
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_3872_gallery.JPG
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_3867_gallery.JPG
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_3871_gallery.JPG

roisin
03-04-2005, 09:24 PM
oooh i love that first pic carlita, bless his cotton sox

Sommarsverige
03-04-2005, 10:45 PM
Nando :(
I really hope they can turn it aroung tomorrow :yeah:

Diabolic|Scheme
03-05-2005, 05:25 AM
Some nice shots ... but it could have been alot worse

Vamos Nando ^^

~EMiLiTA~
03-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I was watching the Spanish news on tv today and they had a little interview with Nando after the match...he said he was disappointed to have lost because he felt better than he thought. But he was still happy with the way he played. I think his performance was very creditable and he was under lots of pressure...so well done nevertheless Fer!!! :banana:

~EMiLiTA~
03-05-2005, 11:30 AM
an article from the DC site:

Title Is Slipping Away From the Spaniards

Spain's defence of the Davis Cup has got off to the worst possible start as the Slovak Republic leads 2-0 after the first day of play in Bratislava.

The 2004 champions went 0-2 down in their first round tie, Karol Beck defeating Feliciano Lopez 64 75 63 in the first rubber to give the hosts the early lead. In the second rubber Dominik Hrbaty proved too strong for the Spanish freshman Fernando Verdasco, the hometown hero winning 63 64 67(7) 63 to bring his country a huge advantage heading into day two.

In the second match Hrbaty, a quarterfinalist at this year’s Australian Open, lived up to the high expectations of the crowd with a strong performance against Verdasco, who was playing his first singles Davis Cup match. Hrbaty broke the Spaniard early in the first set and held his serve successfully to win it 63.

In the second set Hrbaty went 1-4 down, but managed to come back from behind, winning five consecutive games before taking the set. There were no breaks of serve in the third set, which was decided in tiebreak. Hrbaty was two points away from the match leading at 5-2, but the Spanish rookie managed to turn the breaker around, winning 9-7.

The fourth set started with one break of serve on each side, but in the eighth game Hrbaty broke once again. Even the medical treatment the Spaniard took didn’t deter the Slovak as he finished up the match, and completed a famous victory.

Dominik Hrbaty had a big smile over his face: “This was a completely different story than in two previous matches I played against Fernando Verdasco. The faster surface suits me better and I was able to take the advantage. I am very happy with the way the first day went for us.”

The Spaniards came to the press conference with more serious faces. “Dominik played very well the whole match. I tried my best but he was a better man on the court,” said Verdasco.

The Spanish title defence now hangs by a thread and they need to win the doubles rubbber on Saturday to keep themselves in this tie, and their dream of retaining the trophy alive. For the time being, that task has been assigned to Rafael Nadal and veteran Albert Costa, who are scheduled to face Hrbaty and Michal Mertinak.

Slovak captain Miroslav Mecir was happy but cautious : “I didn’t expect that we will be leading 2:0 after the first day. With the high quality of the Spanish players I was even a little bit worried that it could be the other way around. But fortunately my guys proved me wrong with their strong performances and we are in the best possible possition after the first two matches. But we are completely aware that we need three points and I haven’t forgotten the tie against Sweden in which we also took the lead and finally lost. So the work is far from being done yet.”

“We were expecting that it is going to be all square after the first day. But Slovaks showed very solid performances while my players played a little bit bellow their standards. Especially Feliciano Lopez was not at his best and besides that he had some bad luck in the second set where he had three consecutive break points. Our chances are pretty bad after the first day but we are still alive. I think we have a good chance to win doubles match on Saturday and then we will see,” was the opinion of the Spanish captain Jordi Arrese.

Carlita
03-05-2005, 12:10 PM
thanks Em!! Yeeaaah Nando can be proud of the way he played!!! I blame the court..... :fiery:

~EMiLiTA~
03-05-2005, 12:31 PM
yeah totally...I don't think he should be ashamed at all...he definitely did not disgrace himself. Feli on the other hand was a bit of a disappointment...

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 01:04 PM
Fernando playing 5th rubber now...

VAMOS NANDO!!! :bounce: Please win this one :yeah:

Carlita
03-06-2005, 01:14 PM
VAMOSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! You can do this Fer!!! You have to get that one point!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 01:19 PM
He broke! :woohoo: Vamos! :bounce:

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
He took the 1st set 6-2 :woohoo: Vamos!

Carlita
03-06-2005, 01:55 PM
:hug: Fernandoooooooooooo :woohoo:

someone is pissed off here!!! :devil: :p :rolleyes:

gogogogogooooooooooooooo GET THAT ONE POINT!:bounce:

Carlita
03-06-2005, 01:58 PM
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Muchas gracias Fernando!!!!! thank heavens that zero is gone... :rolleyes:

:kiss: :smooch: :hug:

I hope Feli was watching this... :rolleyes:

lizabeth..*
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
At least someone is capable of winning! Too bad he couldn't do that on Friday! I have no sympathy for this win either. (Should I even have sympathy?? I don't know, it's so freaking cold my brain is frozen)

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
He did it! :woohoo: Well done Nando! :yeah:

Carlita
03-06-2005, 02:02 PM
At least someone is capable of winning! Too bad he couldn't do that on Friday! I have no sympathy for this win either. (Should I even have sympathy?? I don't know, it's so freaking cold my brain is frozen):lol: don't be too harsh on Fernando Liz.... I think he did the best out of the 4 of them... ;)

~EMiLiTA~
03-06-2005, 02:02 PM
so he should...hmf

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 02:03 PM
At least someone is capable of winning! Too bad he couldn't do that on Friday! I have no sympathy for this win either. (Should I even have sympathy?? I don't know, it's so freaking cold my brain is frozen) You think it's cold in Melbourne?? Come to Holland... :scared:

Carlita
03-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Those Aussie girlies wouldn't know cold if it bit them in the bum! :p :lol:

:hug: luv ya Lizzzzzz ;) :lol:

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
:lol:

~EMiLiTA~
03-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Those Aussie girlies wouldn't know cold if it bit them in the bum! :p :lol:

I know...and Perth is nowhere near as cold as Melbourne...imagine!

Carlita
03-06-2005, 02:53 PM
I know...and Perth is nowhere near as cold as Melbourne...imagine!
It's not cold in Melbourne!!! hahahaha Em, you gals kill me! :lol: :hug:

~EMiLiTA~
03-06-2005, 02:58 PM
it is cold in Melbourne at the moment...considering it's early March...believe me

Carlita
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
haha, okay...but what you say is cold isn't cold in our eyes! So is it below zero then??? :rolleyes:

~EMiLiTA~
03-06-2005, 03:16 PM
no no...I know that...but for us, at the end of Summer, it's cold...(i'm talking about Melbourne btw...where I'm living in Perth it's still nice and warm :) )

it's just like what you guys say is hot isn't hot for us cos we're used to stinking Summers

Carlita
03-06-2005, 03:23 PM
True...still it's funny!!! :lol: Like when we were in Barcelona in October... my cousin and I wore skirt and t-shirt and my friend Laura had a scarf around her neck! :lol: You could see who the North Europeans were and who the natives were! hahahaha

okay, I'm going to let Rafael hop through the house! :D :wavey:

Eruwen
03-06-2005, 03:31 PM
We had that too in Madrid! A lot of ppl were wearing thick winter coats, and I was there in my longsleeve, and I still thought it was warm!

freesbee
03-06-2005, 04:15 PM
oeh, thank god fer won!!!!! at least some consolation for this lousy weekend :rolleyes:

RogiFan88
03-06-2005, 05:57 PM
You think it's cold in Melbourne?? Come to Holland... :scared:

Holland, nothing! Come to Canada! :p

Carlita
03-06-2005, 05:58 PM
Holland, nothing! Come to Canada! :p
hahahaha, okay!! But Canada is REALLY REALLY cold!!!!! Even I would "die" there!!! :lol:

RogiFan88
03-06-2005, 06:04 PM
But really only in winter (except in the extreme north)...30C is typical in the summer in some parts.

Carlita
03-06-2005, 06:11 PM
ah okay but the 30 below zero is a bit of a :scared: to be honest ;)

Iza
03-06-2005, 07:18 PM
it's almost that cold almost daily these days in Romania. and I caught a cold cos of that :mad:

OMFG, I am shocked.....fortunately Romania won so I have smthg 2 cheer about. At least Fer won his 2nd singles match..it would've been absolutely tragic if he lost that one too.

Carlita
03-06-2005, 09:59 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050306/050306165959.zv1tcw2d0b.jpg

~EMiLiTA~
03-07-2005, 01:57 PM
a snippit of an article that may be of interest:

Los dos entrenadores insistieron en defender la tarea realizada por ellos y los jugadores. “Hemos dado la cara en una eliminatoria que no se debía haber jugado jamás porque se ha incumplido la normativa sobre la pista de juego”, indicó Avendaño. Arrese apoyó ese argumento apelando a que “esta pista hay que mamarla, no es lo mismo verla desde dentro que por televisión. En este tipo de pista no jugamos en nuestra vida, no hay otra igual en el circuito”.

Con cierta excitación, Arrese dijo que “a los eslovacos les tenemos muy vistos y sabíamos cómo jugaban. Cuando decimos que nos han sorprendido, nos referimos a que han restado nuestro saque mejor de lo que esperábamos. Aun así, nos vamos con la cabeza bien alta porque lo hemos dado todo. Y con la nota positiva de que tenemos a otro gran jugador más de Copa Davis, Fernando Verdasco”.

The 2 coaches insisted on defending themselves and the players. "We faced up to a tie that should never have been played because the regulations concerning the court were not met: indicated Avendaño. Arrese supported that argument saying that "you had to get used to that court. It's not the same seeing it there and seeing it on tv. We don't ever play on this kind of surface, there's nothing like it on the circuit".

Somewhat excited, Arrese said, "we had the Slovaks quite worked out and we knew how they played. When we say they surprised us, we are referring to the fact that they returned our serves better than we expected. Nevertheless, we can leave with our heads held high because we gave everything. And on a positive note, we have one more great Davis Cup player, Fernando Verdasco" :D

lizabeth..*
03-07-2005, 02:05 PM
It's cold ok! :help:

Nice article Em! Thanks for that. Haven't spoken to you lately, hope your doing well! :)

~EMiLiTA~
03-07-2005, 02:14 PM
haha yes I know!!! have been so busy! will come on msn soon!!

Carlita
03-07-2005, 02:51 PM
http://www.aupaysdubonheur.com/kaosminisgifs/kaos1/953.gif Okay Liz..I believe you :hug: :lol:

Eruwen
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
And on a positive note, we have one more great Davis Cup player, Fernando Verdasco" :D :banana:

Diabolic|Scheme
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Thank gwd he won a match!

Iza
03-08-2005, 11:06 AM
yeah! at least 1 match!
BTW Liz I bet you're delighted with Paulo's performance! Cos I was tho I felt sorry for Joachim.

lizabeth..*
03-08-2005, 12:31 PM
yeah! at least 1 match!
BTW Liz I bet you're delighted with Paulo's performance!

Ohh yes I am still giddy with glee!! Bless my mon cheri!!!

Carlita
02-01-2007, 11:49 AM
okay I thought let's make use of one of the old threads again :)

So I turned the old DC thread into a new one :rolls:

VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS team!

Sean.J.S.
02-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Ok so when is the Davis Cup? I know it's like in February.

Is DC Fer's next tourny?

Carlita
02-01-2007, 10:41 PM
Yes it is, 9-10-11 February :)

KiwiChica
02-01-2007, 10:44 PM
... and I'll be there :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So can't wait!!!

And yes, you'll get pics. :)

Sean.J.S.
02-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Ok. Thanks :)

Yes it is, 9-10-11 February :)

Sean.J.S.
02-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Lucky you. That would be great if you could show us some pics :)

... and I'll be there :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So can't wait!!!

And yes, you'll get pics. :)

Björki
02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
vamos Espana :rocker2:

anyone going?

Iza
02-02-2007, 06:34 PM
woohooooo Vamos FER y ESPANA :banana: !!!!!!!!

Sommarsverige
02-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Kiwi, have a great time at the DC :hug:

And I hope you will shout our Armada to the next round :yeah: :bounce:

freesbee
02-02-2007, 07:16 PM
sock on chicos!!!!! :rocker2: :bounce :bounce: :bounce

KiwiChica
02-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Björki, I am going ... :) I am sooo excited already ... can't believe that it's next week already ... :bounce:

Birte, you can bet that I'll be cheering like mad for our boys! :) I got my cheering stuff ready ... :devil: I just need a new bag for my cam and another 1GB SD card and then ... :rocker:

RogiFan88
02-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I just watched some SUI news in French and I saw Javier Duarte in Geneva, at the PalExpo for the DC tie -- I've been thinking... I think Dudu w be a great coach for Fer... ;)

Björki
02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
R1 - M.CHIUDINELLI (SUI) v R.NADAL (ESP)
R2 - S.WAWRINKA (SUI) v D.FERRER (ESP)
R3 - Y.ALLEGRO / S.WAWRINKA (SUI) v F.LOPEZ / F.VERDASCO (ESP)
R4 - S.WAWRINKA (SUI) v R.NADAL (ESP)
R5 - M.CHIUDINELLI (SUI) v D.FERRER (ESP)

Iza
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
only doubles :sad: but rafa&david are better ranked so it's no surprise
Vamos chicos :banana: :bounce: :rocker2:

Sommarsverige
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Vamos chicos :bounce: :bounce:

RogiFan88
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
ESP will most definitely beat SUI this round.

Stan badly tore ligaments in his R knee during practice today and will be out of action for about three months. He will undergo an operation on Friday. :sad:

So, it's safe to say it will be ESP vs. ? in QF in April.

Carlita
02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
vamos :bounce:

not a big Stan fan, but this sucks! :sad:

freesbee
02-08-2007, 11:28 PM
ESP will most definitely beat SUI this round.

Stan badly tore ligaments in his R knee during practice today and will be out of action for about three months. He will undergo an operation on Friday. :sad:

So, it's safe to say it will be ESP vs. ? in QF in April.

:eek: poor Stan, that really sucks for him :awww: :hug: I wish him a quick recovery, i know how much that pain that is.

Scotso
02-09-2007, 12:37 AM
Man, poor Stanislas :sad:

Iza
02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Stan :awww:

but at least it's good news for the chicos :) maybe they'll replace Rafa with Fer :p

Björki
02-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Wawrinka and Nadal struck by injury

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the first day of Spain's Davis Cup by BNP Paribas first round tie against Switzerland with muscle strain. Spanish No. 3 Fernando Verdasco will now face Marco Chiudinelli in the opening singles rubber.

Nadal's injury comes as a double blow to the tie in Geneva, after Switzerland's No. 1 player Stanislas Wawrinka was rushed to hospital after suffering a serious knee injury in Thursday's practice session and had to pull out of the tie. Nadal is still scheduled to play his reverse singles match on Sunday.

Fer is playing Marco now

vamos :bounce:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 12:35 PM
vamos cariñoooooooooooooooooooooooo :banana:

freesbee
02-09-2007, 12:37 PM
:scared: vamos nando!! :bounce:

Iza
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
WTF :eek: :eek: 5-2 for Chiudi :eek: :bolt:

Fer honey get your act together
VAMOOOOOOOOOS :rocker2:

Iza
02-09-2007, 01:11 PM
omg Fer :smash: 1st set 3-6 to Chiudi :mad:

Vamos chico win the match in 4 :woohoo:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 01:14 PM
gogogogogogogooooooooooooo!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

vamos! Your girlie did not travel to Geneva to see you lose! Now VAMOS!

FerrersLinda
02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Woke up, opened the livescore-board to find that not Rafa but Nando is playing Nelli. VAMOS FER:bounce:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Lin, could you PLEASE wake up chico as well?

Nandoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo vamos!

Iza
02-09-2007, 01:35 PM
4-2

Nando :help: :help: :help:

Iza
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
That's more like it chico!!!
Fer wins 3rd set 6-3 :woohoo: :woohoo: 2 more to go :rocker2: :rocker2:
Vamos :bounce:

freesbee
02-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I hope this is the start of the great comeback!!

:bounce: vamos nando!! :bounce:

RogiFan88
02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
sounds like a good match betw two sweet, cute guys!!

RogiFan88
02-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Fer hanging in despite the last-minute change...

Iza
02-09-2007, 03:26 PM
oooooh 4th set is up to a TB :scared: *hides under the chair*

Vamos Fernandoooooo

Iza
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
my oh my chiudi has a whole stack of MPs in the TB :sad:

Iza
02-09-2007, 03:32 PM
and he won :( :(

RogiFan88
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Poor Fer but he got a set, which is good considering the circumstances.

Wish I had seen this match tho...

freesbee
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
:hysteric: :sad: :awww:

:hug: Fer :hug:

Jenrios
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
oh no! Poor Fer :crying2:

Jenrios
02-09-2007, 03:49 PM
This has been a horrible start to the year for Fer. Sending Fer and the Nando chicas a big :hug:

justClaudia
02-09-2007, 04:02 PM
This has been a horrible start to the year for Fer. Sending Fer and the Nando chicas a big :hug:

yeah, it's been bad. :awww: hopefully things will go better from now on.
Poor Fernando. :hug:

Sommarsverige
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
:sad: :sad:
For Fer :hug:

Carlita
02-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Well he usually needs to warm up a bit! He'll be fine a few weeks on ;)

Sean.J.S.
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Bad luck, Fer :(

RogiFan88
02-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Fer did OK considering he had hardly any time to wake up, get dressed and prepare physically and mentally for this match. ;)

cindygermanier
02-10-2007, 08:33 AM
my pics

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3826/dsc03268nv4.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03268nv4.jpg)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7392/dsc03269ut9.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03269ut9.jpg)

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7730/dsc03271al4.th.jpg (http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03271al4.jpg)

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4043/dsc03305zu9.th.jpg (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03305zu9.jpg)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4635/dsc03305vx2.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03305vx2.jpg)

freesbee
02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
They're playing Allegro and Chiudinelli atm, it's 5-5* vamos!! :fiery:

freesbee
02-10-2007, 02:13 PM
they won the first set 7-6 (5) :banana:

keep it up!! :yeah:

Sommarsverige
02-10-2007, 04:21 PM
It´s 2:1 for Switzerland in sets, but Feli and Fer lead 3:0 in the 3rd set.
Vamos chicos :bounce: :bounce:

Freya, your new avy is so, so sweet :hearts:

Jenrios
02-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Thank you Cindy!

Jenrios
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Vamos Fer and Feli!

Björki
02-10-2007, 05:04 PM
ESP leads 76 67 67 61 *43

freesbee
02-10-2007, 05:30 PM
:scared: it's still going on after more than 4 hours!! :eek: they just wasted 2 breakpoints, and it's *6-7 now!! vamos chicos!

Sommarsverige
02-10-2007, 05:36 PM
What a match :eek:
I have to leave it now, cos we have tix for Mamma Mia!

Vamos Feli y Fer :yeah:

freesbee
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
cool, have a good time birte!! :hug:

I'll just stay and bite off my nails :lol: :scared:

freesbee
02-10-2007, 05:40 PM
watch them get broken now :rolleyes:

30 all

freesbee
02-10-2007, 05:47 PM
*8-9 :scared:

vamos chicos :bounce:

Björki
02-10-2007, 05:55 PM
what a long match.

CH 10-9*

freesbee
02-10-2007, 06:04 PM
BREAAAAAAAAAAAK :banana: :banana: :banana:

serve it out!!!!!!!

freesbee
02-10-2007, 06:10 PM
finished after 4 hours and 48 minutes :lol:

7-6 6-7 6-7 6-1 12-10 :banana:

:yeah: now that's what I call a fight :yeah:

Iza
02-10-2007, 06:12 PM
:worship: :worship:
Chicooooooos :rocker2: :rocker2:
Fer&Feli are such a great team :couple: i wish they played more often
VAMOS for tomorrow :banana: !

Nathy
02-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Hey there ladies, don't know if you remember me^^ Nathalie from Switzerland^^ Anyways, as you probably guessed I'm attending the Davis Cup and have 1 or 2 pics of Nando that I'll post late rin the pic thread :)

freesbee
02-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Hey there ladies, don't know if you remember me^^ Nathalie from Switzerland^^ Anyways, as you probably guessed I'm attending the Davis Cup and have 1 or 2 pics of Nando that I'll post late rin the pic thread :)

Nathy!!!! :hug: of course I remember you :D it's been aaaaaaages!! how are you doing chica? having fun at the DC? :yippee:

Nathy
02-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Heya Freya :hug: Yeah I haven't had a lot of free time since I began work (have more than 3 hours in public transports/day :eek: )^^

Yeah I was having fun until the damn last break :mad: :p Just kidding! Yesterday I couldn't go coz I was working but today yeah it's been hell of a match where no one deserved to lose but I can be happy for Fernando at least :hearts: He is so damn hot in real life :eek: AND!! I'm in the first row so I'm very close from the players :cool:

freesbee
02-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Heya Freya :hug: Yeah I haven't had a lot of free time since I began work (have more than 3 hours in public transports/day :eek: )^^

Yeah I was having fun until the damn last break :mad: :p Just kidding! Yesterday I couldn't go coz I was working but today yeah it's been hell of a match where no one deserved to lose but I can be happy for Fernando at least :hearts: He is so damn hot in real life :eek: AND!! I'm in the first row so I'm very close from the players :cool:

:eek: yeah I bet!! I hope it's going well though :hug:

:lol: lucky you!! yeah fernando is amazing ;)

freesbee
02-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks to Stevens point, this was in the thread funny fotos:
http://www.sf.tv/var/videoplayer.php?videourl=http%3A%2F%2Freal.xobix.c h%2Framgen%2Fsfdrs%2Fvod%2Fsport%2F2007%2F02%2Fspo rt_20070210_194951_te_davis_ch_esp_doppel_matchbal l.rm

Nathy
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
:eek: yeah I bet!! I hope it's going well though :hug:

:lol: lucky you!! yeah fernando is amazing ;)

Yeah and I'm looking forward to going back there tomorrow even if Spain will win with no doubt now ;)

Oh yeah :hearts:

freesbee
02-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah and I'm looking forward to going back there tomorrow even if Spain will win with no doubt now ;)

Oh yeah :hearts:

cool, I hope you will have fun :)

so what do you do for work now?

Nathy
02-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Well I have school & work (it's a bit harsh to explain^^ 1,5 day/week I go to school and the other 3,5 days I'm working). I'm working as a secretary, well kind of... I'm also doing a lot of accounting...

Well young lady, I'm going to have a well-deserved rest to be back to full energy for tomorrow :) If Fer plays I'll, of course, take some pics of him (how couldn't I :hearts: )

Talk to you soon and a :wavey: to all the chicas who'll see my message later or toomorrow :)

freesbee
02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
ok :) see you Nathy :smooch: hope to see you here more often :)

Nathy
02-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I'll try ;) Just a quick drop-by before heading to my friend's and then Geneva to show you a pic (ok it's not Fer but Feli^^) so that you can see where we're sitting with 2 friends of mine:)

P.S. I am the third from the left (long hair):wavey:

P.S. 2 ( :lol: ) I found around 15 pics of Fer on a website, I'll put them tonight when I get home or in the next days (there will be maybe some more if Fer plays today :) )

Iza
02-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Nathyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hug: :hug: :hug:
hi chica! haven't seen you in ages :kiss:
have fun @DC :bounce:

freesbee
02-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I'll try ;) Just a quick drop-by before heading to my friend's and then Geneva to show you a pic (ok it's not Fer but Feli^^) so that you can see where we're sitting with 2 friends of mine:)

P.S. I am the third from the left (long hair):wavey:

P.S. 2 ( :lol: ) I found around 15 pics of Fer on a website, I'll put them tonight when I get home or in the next days (there will be maybe some more if Fer plays today :) )

:rolls: nice pic :p

Carlita
02-11-2007, 02:11 PM
:banana: go Fer!! finish it !!!

and :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: what a doubles match:eek:

SloKid
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
He leads 6-3 6-3 3-1 :D

Sue
02-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Vamos Fer!!!!!!!!!!

Carlita
02-11-2007, 02:30 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: well done :baby: :hug:

:woohoo:

Björki
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
well done Fer :woohoo:

Iza
02-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Fer :rocker2: :banana: :woohoo:

freesbee
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I don't care how low ranked this guy is, a win is a win :lol: :banana:

Sommarsverige
02-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Fer :bounce: :bounce:

I am so happy that Spain won :woohoo: :woohoo: And so proud of our chico :hug:

NicoFan
02-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I'M SO PROUD OF FERNANDO!

:bounce:

:banana:

He's such a good boy - he deserves a BIG win!

:banana: :banana:

Eruwen
02-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Well done chico!!! :banana: :hug:

RogiFan88
02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
:worship: Nando's the hero of the DC tie!! Congrats on winning your first live DC rubber! :yeah:

Great away win for Spain on supposedly their 'worst' surface even without Nadal! That should show Emilio Sanchez that he should value ALL his team members because Spain has great depth! :)

Nathy
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Nathyyyyyyyyyyyyy :hug: :hug: :hug:
hi chica! haven't seen you in ages :kiss:
have fun @DC :bounce:

Thank you Iza :smooch: I had fun, really, despite the loss :) But man, how come Fer is never tired on a court :eek: He as so much energy!! I am really, sincerely happy for him that he won today. The fifth rubber was a really nice match too, I mean tennistically speaking. Both of Ferrer and Chiudinelli fought hard

I don't care how low ranked this guy is, a win is a win :lol: :banana:

:rolls: I can tell you he's 278th in the ATP :lol: But yeah, a win is a win, congrats sweetie :hug: (I think I'm in love with Fer :hearts: :p )

I took a lot of pics and some vids, I hope they come out well on the screen, I'm loading them from my camera now and will post them later :)

Jenrios
02-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I am so thrilled Fer has played such a big part in Spain's win! I'm so proud! Huge snogs to Fer!

Sommarsverige
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Nathy, great to see you back here :hug: :hug:

Looking forward to see your DC pics ;)

freesbee
02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Thank you Iza :smooch: I had fun, really, despite the loss :) But man, how come Fer is never tired on a court :eek: He as so much energy!! I am really, sincerely happy for him that he won today. The fifth rubber was a really nice match too, I mean tennistically speaking. Both of Ferrer and Chiudinelli fought hard

:rolls: I can tell you he's 278th in the ATP :lol: But yeah, a win is a win, congrats sweetie :hug: (I think I'm in love with Fer :hearts: :p )

I took a lot of pics and some vids, I hope they come out well on the screen, I'm loading them from my camera now and will post them later :)

:p thanks. and I can't blame you ;) :hearts: He's just so lovely. :)
awesome pics btw :yeah:

Mount Goddess
02-11-2007, 09:06 PM
well done nando:worship: :worship: :worship: , you are a little hero.
Love you chico xxx

Nathy
02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Nathy, great to see you back here :hug: :hug:

Looking forward to see your DC pics ;)

Thank you Birte :hug:

:p thanks. and I can't blame you ;) :hearts: He's just so lovely. :)
awesome pics btw :yeah:

Haha who can, honestly :hearts:

Thanks, I'm quite happy that they didn't come out too blurry (except a few ones) :)

I'm having troubles with the last ones but I could upload the one I took of Ferrer so I'll have a last attempt before going to bed (waking up at 5.30 a.m. tomorrow :yawns: )

freesbee
02-13-2007, 03:38 PM
btw, nice location you have in your profile Nathy :p

Nathy
02-13-2007, 09:29 PM
:lol: I wish it was true :hearts: Gosh I miss him :lol:

Carlita
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
So, the team to beat the USA:

Robredo
Ferrer
Verdasco
Lopez

curious to see who does what here :lol: I'd say Tommy and David in Singles, Fer & Feli in Doubles or Tommy and Fer in singles, Tommy & David in Doubles... anyway, I hope gets to play something or he will have been in the USA all this time waiting to just sit and watch :( Almost 2 weeks to entertain himself :lol:

mamasue
03-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Unfortunately I no longer will be able to attend DC. :sad:

So I have 2 excellent lower level corner section 2nd row tickets available. You can see people sitting in corner section 2nd row $290 seats in this 2001 DC picture, just above the black divider -- http://www.daviscupwinston-salem.com/DesktopModules/Gallery/Viewer.aspx?tabid=82&mid=405&path=2001%20Davis%20Cup&currentitem=4&mode=&zoomindex=-1&rotate=0&flipx=0&flipy=0&color=0

They are priced just to cover my costs. PM me for more details if you are interested. :)

Carlita
03-30-2007, 11:46 AM
:awww: sorry you can't go ...

RogiFan88
03-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Ooh, I'm so tempted to take your tix, Mamasue but it's such short notice! [I'm sure you've sold your tix by now anyway.]

These are tix for the whole weekend? Never been to Salem, that's for sure nd I w not have a clue how to get there or where to stay... it's very tempting!

Jenrios
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Fer is definitely going to play, isn't he? :bounce: :bounce: Sky are covering this tie! Me greedy for Fer!

Carlita
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
oooh big task for our Fer!!! VAMOS :baby: :bounce:

James Blake (USA) v Tommy Robredo (ESP)
Andy Roddick (USA) v Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA) v Feliciano Lopez/Fernando Verdasco (ESP)
Andy Roddick (USA)v Tommy Robredo (ESP)
James Blake (USA) vs Fernando Verdasco (ESP)

:scared: I hope Im back on time tomorrow. Going to have dinner with my friend Miranda. But Tommy and James first so I shouldnt really miss much of Fer (on the scoreboard or some internet link :lol: )

freesbee
04-05-2007, 07:54 PM
oh dear, 3 matches :scared: wasn't David supposed to play? :confused:

Jenrios
04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Fer and Feli will try their best! Vamos!

Jenrios
04-05-2007, 08:01 PM
What isn't Ferrer playing, or Robredo? I know what Rafa has said.

Carlita
04-05-2007, 08:12 PM
What isn't Ferrer playing, or Robredo? I know what Rafa has said.
Tommy is playing singles too :)

I guess they know that Andy doesnt like to play Fer and therefor they create a chance :shrug:

Jenrios
04-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Serves my right for watching TV, flicking through a magazine and being on-line - I could have sworn it was Feli's name up there! Oh, the shame;)