"News" (very awesome) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"News" (very awesome)

Guille's Girl
11-25-2004, 02:42 PM
:banana: From his website ja.
----------------------------
A Web site dedicated to Guille's fans

The 65th issue of a prestigious Spanish tennis magazine "Tennis a fondo" (www.tennisafondo.es) published an article about the web site of El Mago (www.gcoria.com) and we wanted to share the pride and joy we feel with you, because you (Guille's fans) are the soul of this online space. :banana:

The title of the article is "Sigue la Pista" (Follow the Clue) and it reads as follows:

"Either if you consider yourself a Guillermo Coria fan or not, any person fond of tennis should enter the web site on this Argentine tennis player. Undoubtfully, it is one of the best existing web pages devoted to a tennis player, and the collaboration of Guillermo himself is what makes it so special. El Mago narrates in first person and every week his personal view of the tournaments he has been part of, answers E-mails and constantly updates all his personal information."

And goes on: "The web page, which is easy to access, has all that is essential to his fans: forum, news, official pictures...and it goes beyond. Maybe, the most interesting things are Coria's family pictures, in which you can see that tennis meant almost everything to him since he was very little. An example: since he was two years old his birthday cakes were racket shaped! If you enter his web page, you will see pictures in which he is surrounded by his friends. David Nalbandian, so present during his career, also appears in many of the snap shots."

The article reads at the end: "The web page also has games inspired on Coria himself or traditional games in which his image has been used. Devote it a few minutes and find out all the secrets the very same tennis player wanted to share with his fans."

star
11-25-2004, 03:45 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

More evidence that Guille is the greatest!

Thanks for finding that report and sharing it with us. :hatoff:

Happy Thaksgiving!

Pancakesong
11-25-2004, 05:53 PM
is it thanksgiving now?
:D

jazz_girl
11-25-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi guys, I don't know if you know this already, but I just found out that Coria will have Javier Capitaine as a physical trainer, he's David's ex PT :)

alita
11-25-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the artical. :hug:
yeah Anna, it's Thankgiving now :)
Have a good time with your family and your friends on Thanksgive day :angel:

alita
11-26-2004, 12:01 AM
:wavey:Jazz_girl
Thanks for the information..Has it confirmed?
What about Gil Reyes, did Guille fly to Las Vegas to meet him :confused:

Guille's Girl
11-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Y'all are welcome. And thanks very much Jazz! ^^

Yeah Guille is going to see Gil ja. Uhm, he's not gonna be working full time with him cuz Andre is going to play the ENTIRE 2005 season. SO anyway, Guille said Gil is just gonna be "advising" him for now. How do I know all this? I read it somewhere.

iloveguille
11-26-2004, 02:48 AM
Since it's talking about his web site, I have not managed to get the password when I registered for the user ID at his web site. Anyone with the same problem? I think I read in some thred long ago that somebody experienced this as well. Did they ever resolve this? Thanks. I hope this is not off topic.

star
11-26-2004, 03:06 AM
Hi guys, I don't know if you know this already, but I just found out that Coria will have Javier Capitaine as a physical trainer, he's David's ex PT :)

:scared: :scared:

David is injured CONSTANTLY! I'm not so sure I want his trainer anywhere near Guille.

alita
11-26-2004, 09:14 AM
Since it's talking about his web site, I have not managed to get the password when I registered for the user ID at his web site. Anyone with the same problem? I think I read in some thred long ago that somebody experienced this as well. Did they ever resolve this? Thanks. I hope this is not off topic.
I tried many times, maybe used three email address, and it didn't work. It never replyed me! NEVER! :awww: :crying2:

Pancakesong
11-26-2004, 03:22 PM
it didn't replied me either, till I used the ..@guillermo-coria.com adress

Guille's Girl
11-26-2004, 08:03 PM
:scared: :scared:

David is injured CONSTANTLY! I'm not so sure I want his trainer anywhere near Guille.

Well, I dunno. We'll just have to wait till Guille writes to tell us more. When was this guy Nally's trainer? Was it recently? Or like 2001, 2002??

About them passwords, I got mine each time I signed up (3 times :o ). I signed up all those times cuz I thought I wasn't getting my password e-mailed to me. But the actual problem was that my SPAM-BLOCKER ate it. So you have to check your "junk" mail to find your password when you sign up :yeah:

Anyway, back on topic. No one cares more about their fans than Guille :banana:

Pancakesong
11-27-2004, 11:12 AM
:banana:

star
11-27-2004, 04:16 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

fabolous
11-27-2004, 04:19 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: who has the most bananas? it's fabolous!

Guille's Girl
11-27-2004, 04:25 PM
:lol:

LubiG
11-27-2004, 04:59 PM
BANANAS!!! :D

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

mordicus18
11-27-2004, 08:34 PM
the seven nation bananas army ! :lol:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

hidellized
11-27-2004, 09:07 PM
You people and those bananas... :rolleyes:

Guille's Girl
11-28-2004, 12:24 AM
You got sumthin against bananas eh? Ya hoiser :p :haha: Ok not funny. I probably didn't spell that right anyway. Oh well! :banana: :banana:

mordicus18
11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
:lol: we've got psychological problems..... :crazy:

Pancakesong
11-28-2004, 08:34 PM
:banana: lol

star
11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A banana-phobe!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

alita
11-29-2004, 12:44 PM
May I join in? :p
:banana: :banana: :banana:
:lol:

Deco
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
me too!
here comessssssss... the BANANA DANCE!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

fabolous
11-29-2004, 03:01 PM
all these bananas go to guille and his great website (*returnstotopic*)

Pancakesong
11-29-2004, 03:23 PM
:D you're right: banana's fpr guille's site!:banana:

mordicus18
11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
guillermo you're my fav bananas :banana: :drool: :devil: !!!

LubiG
11-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Mordi, u r evil :devil: :lol:

:banana: :banana: BaNaNaS RuLe :banana: :banana:

Guille's Girl
11-30-2004, 12:17 AM
Yeah I see Fab. THE TOPIC! So elusive :lol: Anyway....Guille needs to write. BUT since he training with Reyes, s'all good :banana: He will have much to tell when he DOES write.

ewana
11-30-2004, 03:02 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
BANANAS!! :)

Pancakesong
11-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Guille is so cute when he ate a banana:inlove::banana:

mordicus18
11-30-2004, 07:18 PM
have you got a pic ? :devil:

Pancakesong
11-30-2004, 07:22 PM
not sure:( I saw it during RG 2004:'(

mordicus18
11-30-2004, 07:28 PM
mmmm :drool:

Pancakesong
11-30-2004, 07:34 PM
:D want to be the banana:banana:

Guille's Girl
11-30-2004, 08:02 PM
I actually DO have that pic...I'll post it later. *walks off whistling to herself*

Deco
12-01-2004, 06:51 PM
:D I wanna see it now!
oeh ah he etes CUTE:D

Guille's Girl
12-02-2004, 04:26 AM
I'm sorry! I don't have that pic after all. I saw it the other day but I didn't save it :o I'm an idiot :smash:

Pancakesong
12-02-2004, 12:26 PM
:( :hug: it's not your foult

Guille's Girl
12-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Sure it is! I'll ask some of my friends if they have it.

mordicus18
12-02-2004, 07:38 PM
and ask they if they think you're effectively an idiot or not...:lol: then you'll know who's your friend and who isn't :yeah: :haha:

Guille's Girl
12-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I'll remember that :rolleyes:

psichogaucho
12-03-2004, 02:45 PM
an interview from "La Capital" (Rosario, Argentina) You must be patient for the translation ;)

Guillermo Coria está en su salsa. Junto a su esposa, familiares y amigos parece encontrar la paz que tanto necesita para encarar con todo el próximo año. La bucólica quinta ubicada en las afueras de Venado Tuerto es el lugar indicado para reencontrarse con su historia y la Copa Guillermo Coria destinada a chicos de distintas partes del país es la excusa ideal para volver siempre al pago. Se lo nota bien y a poco de charlar uno descubre que no es lo que mucha gente piensa sobre él; simplemente es tímido y muy introvertido. Futbolero por naturaleza, y fana de River, Coria admitió que el tenista más completo del país "es David Nalbandian" pero también señaló que "en el tenis no tenés a lo largo de la historia un Maradona". Sueña con retirarse del tenis "algún día" y volver a Venado. "Me voy a dar el gusto de jugar aunque sea algunos años en el fútbol de la liga venadense cuando me retire del tenis".

¿Cual es el balance profesional de este año?

-Fue un año medio raro porque tuve una lesión en el hombro y tuve que operarme y hacer algunos partidos antes que termine el 2004. Arranqué en Australia no muy bien porque tenía una lesión abdominal y perdí en primera ronda. Luego levanté el nivel al ganar un torneo en Buenos Aires y gané en Montecarlo pero me volví a lesionar. Después vinieron las finales de Hamburgo y Roland Garros y estuve a un punto de ganarla pero un calambre me lo impidió. En Roland Garros me traicionaron lo nervios porque venía dos sets a cero, cuatro iguales para ponerme cinco a cuatro y lo venía manejando muy bien. Debería haber ganado ese partido si estaba tranquilo. En el quinto set estaba totalmente acalambrado y cuando veo por televisión lo que corrí no lo podía creer porque estaba acalambrado desde el brazo hasta el pie.

-¿Qué sentiste cuando en la final de Roland Garros, Gastón Gaudio se burló de tu lesión en la conferencia de prensa?

-No me gustó para nada y creo que él sabe que estuvo desubicado y además si no me hubiera acalambrado no se si habría ganado el torneo. Esas no son cosas para joder porque cuando Ferrero le ganó en la Copa Davis y él no ponía ganas nadie dijo nada. Nadie dijo nada de eso y yo tampoco. Lo jodido de eso es que se haya dicho entre argentinos.

-¿Es muy difícil el ambiente del tenis?

-Eso depende de cómo es cada uno pero también es cierto que hay muchas cosas en juego. Hay mucha plata dando vuelta y básicamente los tenistas argentinos son muchos los que quieren estar lo más alto. Mi objetivo es ser el número uno del mundo y ganarle a los mejores y trato de evitar los chusmeríos y las habladurías. No es fácil este deporte pero no sólo pasa eso en la Argentina sino que pasa en todo el mundo. Fijate que las rusas salieron campeonas y están en contra de María Sharapova. De todos modos creo que en fútbol pasa lo mismo con el ambiente y la verdad es que me parece que las cosas pasan cuando hay plata de por medio.

-¿Quién es el mejor tenista argentino de la actualidad?

-Me gusta David Nalbandian porque es el más completo y además hace todo bien. Lástima las lesiones que tuvo. Para mí es más que Roger Federer pero tiene que empezar a ordenarse. Cuando empiece a ganar un torneo de Gran Slam no lo va a parar nadie porque realmente es un jugadorazo.

-¿A vos qué te falta para ser el número uno del mundo?

-Por suerte me faltan muchas cosas por mejorar y entre ellas están el saque y la volea. Hay cosas que se hacen más difíciles para mí. Porque por ejemplo no podría tener la perspectiva que tuvo (el ex tenista croata) Goran Ivanisevic para el saque porque él mide dos metros y la red le queda abajo. Uno de una altura más baja tiene que buscar otro tipo de saque más estratégico. El saque de Ivanisevic en pasto y en cemento es muy superior al mío pero no así en polvo de ladrillo. Federer no saca muy fuerte pero es bien ubicado su saque.

-¿Se podría decir que tu juego es más estético?

-Mi juego es muy parecido al de Gastón Gaudio y la diferencia es que tenemos más variantes. Tiramos un drop, atacamos, defendemos y eso quizás sea diferente al muchos otros tenistas pero igualmente creo que hay mejorar más el juego ofensivo como hizo Federer que era lo único que le faltaba mejorar; lo mejoró y chau. Ahí está. Si nosotros mejoramos el juego de ataque nos va a ir mucho mejor de lo que nos va.

-¿Cuál es la meta para el 2005?

-El objetivo para el año que viene es recuperar mi confianza, recuperar el nivel y tratar de lograr ser el número uno. Ese no es un trabajo que se hace de un día para el otro ya que demanda mucho tiempo, esfuerzo y disciplina.

psichogaucho
12-03-2004, 02:48 PM
and more...

Entre las pasiones de Coria hay dos claramente establecidas. Ama al tenis por sobre todas las cosas pero también se lamenta de no haber sido futbolista. En la quinta venadense el Mago tiene un estupenda cancha de tenis pero convive junto a una de fútbol. "La que usamos cuando vienen los amigos", dice mientras suelta una sonrisa pícara.

Se nota que el pibe tiene habilidad para la redonda y prueba de ello son los jueguitos que hacía con una pelota de tenis ante la mirada atenta de este cronista y la de sus amigos. Claro que no es Diego Armando Maradona pero con la de cuero el pibe parece saber más de lo que en verdad muestra.

"Me encantaría jugar al fútbol cuando me retire del tenis aunque sea en algún equipo de la liga de Venado Tuerto", dijo el Guille y agregó que "sé mucho más de fútbol que de tenis. Se más de los campeonatos que ganó River Plate que los que ganaron Pete Sampras o Andre Agassi en sus carreras".

Dijo que le encanta ir a la cancha cuando juega River pero en su estadía rosarina se da el gusto y va a ver los partidos de Newell's o Central. "Me encanta ir a la cancha y cuando puedo lo hago con mis amigos". No develó la preferencia rosarina pero admitió tener más amigos de Newell's que de Central

Guille's Girl
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Muchas gracias! Now uh...hmm. Oh yeah! The pic with the banana :banana: I don't like banana's btw. I mean, they can dance, but they irritate my mouth. As does watermelon, which has more potassium than banana's. But you're not gonna see anybody with a HUGE watermelon in their racquet bag :lol: okee have at it. He's drinking a coke too ja. Hmm, should've had that Gatorade...

LubiG
12-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Bananas are good 4 Guille :banana:

Guille's Girl
12-04-2004, 05:55 PM

ataptc
12-05-2004, 04:42 PM
i love bananas! they give you loads of energy :)

mordicus18
12-15-2004, 03:43 PM
I love guille when he eats bananas :banana: (but I'm not sure to want to be that bananas :o :p)

Pancakesong
12-15-2004, 03:57 PM