AO RD1: Lopez/Granollers (3) def. Brown/Kas 6-2 3-6 7-6(7) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO RD1: Lopez/Granollers (3) def. Brown/Kas 6-2 3-6 7-6(7)

Laba
01-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I doubt anyone else would have seen this match out on little court 15, and I rarely sign in to post on here but this match was awesome and needs a bit of respect. This was my first time watching Dustin play live and he is even more raw and wild, so much energy and emotion on court. His partner started off terribly, they both did and lost the first set routinely but then fought back and started playing well together to take the second. I thought Granollers had a big grunt but Kas was actually dominating him vocally with some absolute belters. Lopez is a great doubles player, is so smart on court, rarely over hits a shot and was consistently making Brown/Kas earn points with great defense. Spaniards went up 5-3 and served for it after a Brown double fault and all looked over, until the Germans saved four match points to push the match into a tiebreaker after a great comeback. Very intense tiebreaker, they saved another MP or two, then finally had their own but Brown just missed a forehand DTL into the net. They then lost the next two, Granollers sealing the win with a backhand pass up the line.

Key points -

- Marc Lopez stepped up big time, hit two big forehand passes towards end of tiebreaker
- Kas was serving amazingly well throughout second and third set, and also making Granollers sound as quiet as Federer on court.
- Dustin Brown can hit a freaking scary winner, ridiculous power, almost dangerous... and then miss easy shots by a long margin. Clearly lacks the polish of most professionals but is very entertaining to watch. Smashes everything, swing volleys like a man possessed and so much emotion, a lot of great reactions during the match. Yelling out OHYESSSS after a backhand pass, moves a bit similar to Monfils too.. could slide on the hard with just two steps to the ball.
- Marc is actually the nicest dude I've seen on tour, stayed back an extra ten minutes after Granollers left to sign more autographs and take photos.

Yeah... guess you could say 'cool story, bro' but eh, thought it was worth sharing :p

Hope Marc and Marcel have a good run in this tournament.

CooCooCachoo
01-17-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks for posting :yeah:

Marcel/Marc :rocker:

Dustin is great entertainment, that's for sure.

Pratik
01-17-2013, 03:57 AM
Thanks for your report. Nobody here would have seen it as it was not on a televised court.

Did you see any other doubles match?

I thought Granollers had a big grunt...

It doesn't show up that much in doubles :lol:

Pirata.
01-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Marc is really one of the nicest, most genuine players on tour. Such a sweetie :hearts: