Figure Skating ^ Brian you did it xD Allez!! First World title!!! Many more to come!! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Figure Skating ^ Brian you did it xD Allez!! First World title!!! Many more to come!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Scotso
11-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Evan Lysacek :inlove:

Brian Joubert :hearts:

Jeffrey Buttle :bounce:

Johnny Weir :woohoo:

That is all. ;)

Federerhingis
11-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Pluschenko excites me about as much as a wet rag. Arm flailing does not an artist make. That said, he probably is the best skater in the world when he's flawless. But Yagudin was better :)

Yagudin was on a field of his own most of the time. Those landings after the quadruple jumps werent just merely good sticks those were confident landings. Those triple triple combinations were for him common nature. :worship: Nobody worked those edges and lines better than him.

Sandra
11-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Evan Lysacek :inlove:

Brian Joubert :hearts:

Jeffrey Buttle :bounce:

Johnny Weir :woohoo:

That is all. ;)
NOW :
Brian Joubert :inlove::hearts::bounce::woohoo:
:p
That is all ;)

Kristen
12-11-2005, 06:45 AM
I've been living under a rock, so maybe other people have as well? Anyway...some photos, and an article from his website.

June 19, 2005
On Saturday June 18, 2005, the most eligible Russian bachelor Evgeni Plushenko was married to 20-year-old Maria Ermak in the most luxurious place to get married in St. Petersburg.

There was a lot of security around in case there were a lot of fans who might interrupt the ceremony. But there was no interruption, mainly because the time and the place of the wedding was kept secret.

The wedding was organized traditionally. Evgeni and Maria spent the last night before ceremony separately. In the morning, Evgeni "ransomed" his bride from her girlfriends.

At 2:20 p.m., the procession arrived at the Wedding Palace on English Embankment. Plushenko, wore an elegant dark-brown striped suit, with a white tie. Maria looked beautiful in a white wedding dress and carrying white roses. At 3:09 they were announced husband and wife. Maria took Evgeni’s last name. During the ceremony Zhenya was always with Maria, he didn't let her go for a minute.

The newlyweds received a gift from the Palace – a pair of skates, which were made from white flowers, and the topics were decorated with diamonds. Evgeni got a certificate of merit from the city, which says "Saint-Petersburg loves you and is proud of you!"

Then the procession had a trip around St. Petersburg, where they visited Vasil’yevsky Island, the Monument of Peter the Great, Summer Garden and Mars Field. After that there was a banquet at the hotel "Astoria".

On Sunday the celebrations were continued on a steamship. The newlyweds had a trip on the rivers and canals of Saint-Petersburg.

In few days Evgeni will be going to Japan to take part in a show called "Dreams on Ice", and after that he and his young wife are going to have a short honeymoon trip.

Plushenko's chosen bride, 20, is a 3rd-year student of sociology faculty at St. Petersburg University.

Plushenko and Maria met almost a year ago.

One day, when Plushenko was driving in St. Petersburg, he saw a pretty, dark-haired girl in an open Cabriolet. Not thinking for long, he drove after her. He drove to her, met her. and he won her.

They say that at first Maria didn't recognize Evgeni as the World champion. Maria learned that from her friends. Evgeni was seen a lot waiting for Maria after classes at the university. Her classmates say that she didn't brag about dating the famous skater.

Two months ago, Evgeni popped the question and asked Maria to marry him.
We asked Tatyana Vasilyevna, Evgeni's mother, how she felt.
"Oh, I'm worried, as any mother would be," she said.
Did Evgeni ask for your advice before the proposal to Maria?
"Of course. I asked him 'maybe it's better to wait,' but he had already made the decision. Then I met Maria and loved her.When I realized what kind of a person she is, I gave my blessing to my son."

Isn't it hard for you to give your son to another woman?
"Masha is a nice girl. She deserves to be his wife. I gave Zhenya to trustful hands."

What did you say to your son this morning? "I wished him love, happiness, patience."

Evgeni's coach, Alexei Mishin, arrived with a gorgeous bunch of flowers.

We asked Mishin: What did you say when Evgeni told you that he was going to be married?
"I told him: Congratulations, dear friend! The wish to marry isn't a mosquito's bite. It's an important step."
Is Evgeni's marriage going to affect his career?
"I think not."

Among the guests were Roman Kostomarov, Viktor Petrenko, Alexander Abt, and the hockey player Alexander Yudin. Ice acrobat Alexei Polishchuk was Evgeni’s "best man".

Viktor & Nina(Petrenko were at the wedding too. Alexei Mishin gave a speech telling everyone that Viktor is Evgeni's skating idol, and Viktor was very honored. When Viktor responded to the compliment he said. "I hope you will follow in my footsteps not just in skating and get your Olympic Gold Medal but with your marriage and family, as Nina and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary tomorrow (June 19) and our daughter will turn 8 years old next month. I wish you to have a happy marriage and be blessed with children."

Also, the mayor of Saint Petersburg Valentina Matviyenko visited the Palace to congratulate the newlyweds.

Ari Zakarian, and Michael Colllins, the president of "Champions On Ice" and Michael Collins Enterprises, also attended the ceremony.

"It is great to see Evgeni so happy. He hugged and kissed his bride every chance he got. I wish them a long and happy life together.
http://www.evgeniplushenko.net/photos/evgeniwed2.jpghttp://www.evgeniplushenko.net/photos/evgeniwed.jpg

Sandra
12-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I cant comment this without being mean so I am just good wish them luck ;)

Devotee
12-12-2005, 06:40 AM
I've been living under a rock, so maybe other people have as well?

Regarding Plushenko, yeah, I only found out about his marriage a few weeks ago!

I wonder how long this marriage will last. They're both so young.

This seemed to come out of nowhere -- so secretive.
But maybe I've also been living under a rock.

Were other skating fans stunned by this?

Kristen
12-12-2005, 12:12 PM
First I was like "WTF? She's 20!"
then... "WTF! They've almost known each other a year!?"
then "WTF! He kinda got a haircut... and his woman looks nice, and apparently is sweet, so good for him."

But yeah... I thought this was a bit Hewittesque. At least (as far as we know, but...who knows?!!) she isn't pregnant. Good luck to them both. He looks lovely in his suit... :awww:

MariaV
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
:haha: Kristen! I mean :haha: @ the Hewittesque.

Vass
12-12-2005, 12:54 PM
I wonder how long this marriage will last. They're both so young.

In Russia the average age of marrieges is 22, I think... Might be a bit highre or a bit lower. And the divorce rate is only 60%... In the US where most couples are 'not as young' the divorce rate is 50%, so...

If they are to break up, it's not because they are young... Ihope they don't.

Devotee
12-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Hewittesque is a good term.

In addition, Plushenko first met his wife by following her in his car and he met his
previous girlfriend by following her in his car!
His previous girlfriend was ultra-blonde. Now this new woman is ultra-dark!

That new hair cut does not look good on him. Hopefully, he lets it grow out before the Olympics.

Deea
12-13-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm happy for them! She looks nice! :cool:

alexito
12-14-2005, 01:39 PM
last night, I see in espn plushenko was perfect in short program cup moscow. I have this video. somebody want see this video?

rosespower
12-14-2005, 08:28 PM
GO BRIAN!!!!!1

Sandra
12-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Alexito do you have any of Brian?

Mara_M
12-14-2005, 10:15 PM
yes alexito me!!pls pls pls!!!!i have only 2 or 3 with plushy and they are corrupted..pls pls again:kiss:!

alexito
12-15-2005, 03:13 AM
video plushenko in short program cup moscow

http://rapidshare.de/files/9195051/plushenko1.mpg

Chloe le Bopper
12-15-2005, 04:37 AM
Blah, I haven't cared as much about skating this year unless Buttle or Joubert were playing. Or Sasha. But Sasha hasn't played very much.

Deep thoughts, starring me.

Mara_M
12-15-2005, 07:15 AM
thanks alexito:hug::hug::hug:can't wait to get home:banana:!

alelysafina
12-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Alexei Yagudin is dating a gymnast named Liasan Utyasheva

http://aymanor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105&page=1&pp=10

Mara_M
12-17-2005, 12:58 AM
thanks aleysafina...hmmm for the yagu's girlfriend!

Mara_M
12-24-2005, 06:26 PM
have u seen torino gala?

enqvistfan
12-25-2005, 05:23 PM
On tv at the moment, we have the Courchevel's gala with top skaters :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-26-2005, 12:09 AM
i hate those canadians--pelletier and whatever

Devotee
12-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Plushenko pulled out of the Finals because of influenza.

Mara_M
12-27-2005, 01:02 AM
jamie sale/david pelletier?why do u hate them?
why didn plushenko pull out devotee?

Gonzo Hates Me!
12-27-2005, 01:10 AM
jamie sale/david pelletier?why do u hate them?
why didn plushenko pull out devotee?

i just didn't like them ever since that whole gold medal debacle. They just acted like sore losers and they didn't give credit where credit was due to the Russian team

Chloe le Bopper
12-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Actually, they did.

Mara_M
12-27-2005, 02:08 AM
i think they deserved it!it's just my opinion,u know,the russians had failed 2 jumps and the canadians had a perfect programe!anyway,they didn't contest it,the canadian federation did!and they were right!i;m a rusoholic,but i'm correct too;)!

Devotee
12-27-2005, 04:08 AM
Tanith Belbin has received approval for her United States citizen from U.S. Senate & House. Now all she needs is the President's signature.

I think she'll get that! So Turino, here come Tanith Belbin & Ben Agosto!

Mara_M
12-27-2005, 11:32 PM
don't know them:shrug:
btw,does anyone have a FUCTIONABLE link of "the man into the iron mask" programe of yagudin?pls pls?

alelysafina
12-28-2005, 08:47 AM
don't know them:shrug:
btw,does anyone have a FUCTIONABLE link of "the man into the iron mask" programe of yagudin?pls pls?

If you go to this link and ask them for it, I'm sure someone has it :)

http://www.livejournal.com/community/alyosha_fans/

Suzi
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Theres a gala on on Friday (i think) in obersdorf (or how ever u spell it)

rosespower
12-28-2005, 11:34 AM
yeah on what channel....

Sandra
12-28-2005, 11:46 AM
ES ;) but i dont thuink someone interesting will be there tho :sad:

rosespower
12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
but in the others years were there the guys who worked at the circus....and that was the best part.....

Sandra
12-28-2005, 12:33 PM
If Brian or Alexei are not there i dont care :o

Suzi
12-28-2005, 05:55 PM
I think it be cool everytime i watch stuff like this i just think wow! and wanna try it byt then that kinda phases out :p

rosespower
12-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I think it be cool everytime i watch stuff like this i just think wow! and wanna try it byt then that kinda phases out :p
i know this sport is just unreal....like every sport....

Mara_M
12-28-2005, 09:08 PM
it is every year on es,but there is nobody interesting there...only germans and "innconus"!

Mara_M
12-28-2005, 09:10 PM
but in the others years were there the guys who worked at the circus....and that was the best part.....
they were funny,but it's not ice skating...if i wanna see something like this i go to the circus..wait,on the circus is an ice skating show with polar bears on ice:D!but it's a bit too expensive:awww:

Suzi
12-28-2005, 10:14 PM
I still find it amazing!!

Mara_M
12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
:lol:i would like better some good quality skaters:hatoff:!

Fee
12-30-2005, 08:32 PM
Okay, I'm going to be ver lazy for a moment. Can anyone tell me the dates for the Olympic figure skating and the dates of the World Championships this year? Yes, I know I could find this in other places, but I'm being lazy. :D

rosespower
12-30-2005, 09:46 PM
what was the point of yagudin at this gala? he did nothing....i was just disapointed about him....and i still think that the best part were also this year the circus guys.....

Suzi
12-30-2005, 09:54 PM
:eek: i completly forgot about it!!

Suzi
12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Turin Schedule: http://www.torino2006.org/ENG/IDF/FS/X05.html

rosespower
12-30-2005, 09:59 PM
me too but my mother remebered me so....that was the story....the star of the show performed only once....and in those 4 min nothing special...and he was dresed with that black shirt....

Suzi
12-30-2005, 10:00 PM
World Champs in Calgary: http://www.worlds2006.ca/schedule/index.html

Sandra
12-30-2005, 10:13 PM
I missed Alexei :sad:

enqvistfan
12-31-2005, 09:17 AM
it is every year on es,but there is nobody interesting there...only germans and "innconus"!

I watched yesterday evening, and there were some famous skaters, but mainly professionals. I didn't watch all the gala, I missed a part of it. I was surprised that Yagudin didn't skate (what the commentator said), well, they paid him a lot for nothing :lol: It was nice to see Oksana Baiul :)

Sandra
12-31-2005, 11:26 AM
Oh crap i missed the Crystal Skate of Romania this year :fiery:

Sandra
12-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I miss Alexei so much :sad: i want him to compete again :(

Sandra
12-31-2005, 01:20 PM
I dont know why you guys were disapointed in Yagudin i loved his programme :inlove:
I miss his stepts,great show alexei :yeah:

Suzi
12-31-2005, 01:23 PM
im watching it bitsy atm lol

Sandra
12-31-2005, 01:34 PM
me too i didnt yday :lol:

Suzi
12-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Just wondering has anyone been to see holidays on ice and if its any good!

rosespower
12-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I dont know why you guys were disapointed in Yagudin i loved his programme :inlove:
I miss his stepts,great show alexei :yeah:
did you heard the reason for his retirement was an injury in 2003....to bad....but lets face it that programme was disapointing.....even if we want to accept that fact.....the denyal period .... i had that too....

Sandra
01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I really liked the programme :p
His steps :hearts: thanks God there still is Bri :angel:

rosespower
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
I really liked the programme :p
His steps :hearts: thanks God there still is Bri :angel:
maybe we watched diferent programs

Mara_M
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh crap i missed the Crystal Skate of Romania this year :fiery:
we did :eek: ?

Mara_M
01-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I watched yesterday evening, and there were some famous skaters, but mainly professionals. I didn't watch all the gala, I missed a part of it. I was surprised that Yagudin didn't skate (what the commentator said), well, they paid him a lot for nothing :lol: It was nice to see Oksana Baiul :)
he didn't skate?
i saw only a few programs!
sandee,alexei gaon weight..a lot...lena told me she have seen him in moscow and he was fat:eek:

Sandra
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
maybe we watched diferent programs
i dont think we did but for me its is always a delight to see Alexei ;)

Sandra
01-02-2006, 03:19 PM
sandee,alexei gaon weight..a lot...lena told me she have seen him in moscow and he was fat:eek:
Maybe he did,i dont really care ;) he skated good but as long as he doent cometene anymore it is normal to gain weight ;)

Sandra
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
we did :eek: ?
Yes :bigcry:It was in novemeber...:mad:

Suzi
01-02-2006, 03:49 PM
hmmm im going to nottingham tommorrow pondering if i should do a bit of ice skating!! i show the likes of Kwan and Cohen whose queen on ice :p

Mara_M
01-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Yes :bigcry:It was in novemeber...:mad:
:bigcry:and who won?

Suzi
01-15-2006, 09:35 PM
well this thread is looking a tad rejected :p

Suzi
01-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Anyways on Tuesday its the start of the Europeans!!!!

http://www.europatinage.com/site/general.php?id=37&l=en

woot woot

Suzi
c'mon guys get excited! :) :p

Suzi
oh yeah heres the list of entrants if anyones interested

http://www.isufs.org/events/fsevent00008670.htm

Daniel
01-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Michelle is oging to Turin :clap2: :D :bounce: :kiss:

Mara_M
01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
i'm excited too:banana:!and my mum more that me:lol:!
i heard jhena myght not skate cuz he has caught a flu:awww:!

Suzi
01-17-2006, 08:44 PM
EC 2006 - Day 1: Ice Dance Compulsory

Lithuanians upstage defending champs

World champions Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov were unexpectedly left trailing in third place on Tuesday when they began their quest for a hat-trick of European ice dance titles. Ukrainian husband-and-wife team Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov skated to the top of the standings.

The Ukranians led the way with a seductive tango performance which earned them 38.82 points in the compulsory dance.

To make matters worse for the Russian favourites they were also outclassed by another married couple, Lithuania's Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas.

Drobiazko and Vanagas, who are making a comeback after almost four years out of competitive skating, were awarded a personal best of 38.34 for their sultry routine.

Navka and Kostomarov's mark of 38.21 was well below their personal best of 45.97 and perhaps they paid the price for competing a lot earlier than the other medal contenders.

But with only 0.61 of a point separating the leading trio, the Russians are unlikely to be too disheartened after the first phase of the three-part competition.

"The rink is much smaller than standard Olympic size, so it's hard to skate perfectly," said Kostomarov, who is competing at the Europeans for the last time having announced his retirement after next month's Winter Olympics in Turin.

Navka added: "We did well for today and we're looking forward to the Olympics and to the rest of the competition here."

Gliding across the ice in black outfits trimmed with feathers, Navka and Kostomarov showed off their intricate footwork and held the lead for almost two hours before being upstaged.

Home favourites Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder received the loudest cheer on the opening day of the championships but had to make do with finishing fourth after Schoenfelder tripped and fell to his knees midway through their programme.

Suzi
01-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Michelle is oging to Turin :clap2: :D :bounce: :kiss:

:yeah:

Kwan wins ticket to Turin

Michelle Kwan surrendered her national title to Sasha Cohen but held onto her dream of an Olympic gold medal on Saturday when she was awarded a spot on the U.S. team for the Turin Winter Games next month.

After four runner-up finishes to Kwan at the U.S. championships and a pair of silver medals at the worlds, Cohen finally climbed to the top of podium taking a long pause at the conclusion to her routine to soak in the moment.

"I've always wanted a national title, it would be nice to go home with one," Cohen told reporters.

"I have a lot of silvers in a lot of shoe boxes so it would be nice to have a gold.

"It definitely would mean more to win the nationals with Michelle here because she has won so many titles in the past and I've always been second to her.

"But I'm not complaining about the title."

Hobbled by a groin injury that prevented her from competing, Kwan's eight year reign as national champion may have ended but the five-time world champion scored an even more important victory in the board room, when she given one of three available berths at the expense of third place finisher Emily Hughes.

"I am very happy U.S. Figure Skating approved my petition to be nominated to the Olympic team," Kwan said in a statement.

"At the same time I can empathise with how Emily must be feeling having gone through a similar situation in 1994."

AUTOMATIC BERTH

By winning the national championships, Cohen earned an automatic Olympic berth, while second place finisher 16-year-old Kimberly Meissner also received an invitation to Turin.

After deliberating for 45 minutes the U.S. Figure Skating international committee voted 20-3 to give Kwan one more chance to chase the one prize -- an Olympic gold medal -- that has eluded her throughout her Olympic career.

Kwan, however, must still pass a monitoring session by January 27, at which she must perform a complete run through of both her long and short programmes before having her name put forward to the United States Olympic Committee.

"We looked at the Olympic criteria and we looked at recent results and discussed them," said Bob Horen, chairman of the International Committee.

"We took a vote and the committee decided on Michelle. Many felt she had a better chance at a medal."

Hughes, the younger sister and 2002 Olympic gold medal winner Sarah Hughes, will travel to Italy as alternate.

With no judging or doping scandals to offer distraction, the debate at these championships had swirled around whether Kwan should be handed a ticket to Turin or earn it on the ice like the other skaters.

The decision to add Kwan to the team was a popular one among the large crowd at the Savvis Center, many who were seen wearing "Michelle Yes" buttons.

Questions remain about the 25-year-old's fitness and the possibility of legal action to overturn the ruling.

Dressed in gold and skating to music from Romeo and Juliet, Cohen cut an elegant figure but the routine lacked her usual athletic flair and zip as she continues to recover from a virus that left her bed-ridden for five days earlier in the week.

Still, the lanky 21-year-old remained the clear class of the field, winning both the short and long programmes for a total of 199.16.

"I made it to the end and stayed on my feet," Cohen said. "It wasn't perfect but it was good."

Suzi
01-17-2006, 08:58 PM
THE JUDGING SYSTEM

Turin will see the Olympic debut of a new system designed to eliminate the risk of biased judging.

THE SALT LAKE SCANDAL
A row blew up when Canadians Jamie Sale and David Pelletier were awarded silver behind Russian pair Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze
The Canadians had skated a seemingly flawless programme, while their rivals had appeared to make some technical errors
A French judge claimed she had been pressured into favouring the Russians
It was eventually decided that the two pairs should share the gold medal
This was prompted by events in the pairs competition at the last Winter Games in Salt Lake City, when the gold medals had to be shared after a judging scandal marred the event.

~~~

In the past, judges gave one mark for technical merit and one for artistic impression, with 6.0 the maximum that could be awarded in each case.

Under the new, more complicated system, each programme is now given a technical score and a score for 'programme components'.

Technical score

Each jump, spin, lift or step sequence is given a 'base value' before the competition begins. A triple axel, for example, is worth 7.5.

It is the job of a 'technical specialist' to decide during a skater's routine which move has been executed - whether it is a double or a triple axel, for example. Two assistants are on hand to correct any errors.

DID YOU KNOW?
The first ice skating blades were made from wood, bone or antlers

As that happens, the nine judges - drawn randomly from a panel of 12 - each decide how well the element has been executed.

They use a scale ranging from -3 to +3. The highest and lowest of these nine marks are taken away, and the average of the remaining marks taken.

This average is then added to the 'base value' to obtain a mark for each element which goes towards the final score.

Suzi
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
EC 2006 - Day 1: Pairs short prog

Defending title-holders set the early tone

Ukranians upstage defending champsFour-time European champions Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin will prove hard to dethrone as they lead the pairs through the short programme. The two-time world Champs moved clear into the lead in front of compatriots Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov.

The duo laid to rest their off-ice problems to lead a Russian one-two in the pairs event with a score of 68.04 following a disappointing start by world champions Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov in the earlier ice dance competition.

Navka and Kostomarov were unexpectedly trailing in third place when they began their quest for a hat-trick of European ice dance gold medals.

Totmianina and Marinin, who will retire from competitive skating after next month's Turin Olympics, moved gracefully around the ice to Georgi Sviridov's Snowstorm and nailed each of their eight specified elements to outclass their rivals.

The duo were delighted to be back on form after they missed the Russian nationals last month with Totmianina suffering gall bladder problems.

Compatriots Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov got the crowd going as they swayed to the beats of Sarabande and their score of 66.07 drew loud whistles from the fans who felt the pair should have finished top.

A scrappy opening jump denied Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov, silver medallists 12 months ago, the chance of completing a Russian top three.

Their mistake allowed Germany's Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy to sneak into third place with a personal best of 64.46.

Suzi
01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
EC 2006 - Day 2: Women short

Slutskaya soars to the fore

Irina Slutskaya glided closer to a record seventh European women's title by seizing a commanding lead over fellow Russian Elena Sokolova with a dazzling short programme on Wednesday.

The world champion appeared to have overcome a bout of 'flu which kept her out of last month's Russian nationals and outclassed her rivals with a segment score of 66.43 points.

Slutskaya, who is aiming to eclipse the record of six European titles she shares with Germany's Katarina Witt and Norway's Sonja Henie, executed a series of soaring jumps and artistic spins to draw loud cheers from the crowd.

"It was a good performance and I did everything I wanted to do," Slutskaya told reporters.

Sporting a sparkling, body-hugging jumpsuit, Slutskaya was the third skater to go in front of the judges but her dramatic performance to Liszt's Totentanz could not be surpassed by any of the 30 competitors who followed her onto the ice.

The 26-year-old will take a lead of 5.55 points over perennial underachiever Sokolova into Thursday's free skate.

SOLID START

Sokolova, still chasing her first major crown, made a solid start and edged into second place after being awarded 60.88.

She holds a 0.01 of a point advantage over surprise third-placed challenger Sarah Meier. The Swiss produced an inspired routine to easily improve on her previous best of 52.46.

Carolina Kostner, who is expected to be Italy's main medal hope in figure skating at next month's Turin Olympics, finished fifth with 60.04 points.

The Italian teenager mistimed her opening triple-triple jump combination and instead completed a double flip-triple toeloop.

However, the adjustment failed to distract her and she floated through the rest of the programme.

"There is a lot of pressure on me because of the Olympics but I am satisfied with my performance," said last year's world bronze medallist.

Hungary's 2004 European champion Julia Sebestyen endured a miserable start to put herself out of contention for a medal. An error-filled display left her 13th with 46.61 points.

"I don't know what happened, why I missed the double Axel and made a mistake in the combination," said Sebestyen.

"I just hope my free programme will be better."

Later on Wednesday, Slutskaya's compatriots Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin will seek to win their fifth consecutive European pairs crown.

Suzi
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Czech pair abandon free skate after fall
Wed 18 Jan, 8:03 PM

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters/20060118/19/1653154205.jpg

LYON, France (Reuters) - Czech pairs champions Olga Prokuronova and Karel Stefl had to quit midway through their free skate following a heavy fall at the European championships on Wednesday.

Russian-born Prokuronova crashed to the ice on her cheek after Stefl lost his balance while attempting to elevate his partner above his head in a Lasso lift.

The accident drew gasps from the shocked audience at the Palais des Sports. Prokuronova lay still on the ice for several seconds before eventually being helped on to her feet by Stefl.

Appearing dazed, the 16-year-old Prokuronova cupped her face and skated to the sidelines while Stefl confirmed their withdrawal to the judges.

Attempting to smile despite her obvious pain, Prokuronova waved to the crowd before leaving the arena. The couple had finished 10th in Tuesday's short programme.

International Skating Union doctor Ruben Ambartsumov said Prokuronova had not suffered any serious injury but was being sent to a local hospital in Lyon for further examination as a precaution.

The accident was reminiscent of the head-first fall suffered by world and European champion Tatiana Totmianina when her partner Maxim Marinin was attempting a similar lift at the 2004 Skate America contest.

Suzi
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
EC 2006

Totmianina and Marinin skate to fifth gold

By Pritha Sarkar

LYON, France (Reuters) - Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin captured their fifth successive European pairs title with an exhilarating display of acrobatic jumps and synchronized footwork on Wednesday.

The Russian duo beat Germany's Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy by 7.79 points. Twice former champions Maria Petrova and Alexei Tikhonov of Russia finished third.

Totmianina and Marinin established themselves as clear favorites for the Olympic pairs crown at next month's Turin Games with a combined total of 195.87.

Their victory also extended Russia's winning streak in the discipline to 11 years.

Having carried forward a lead of 1.97 points from Tuesday's short program, Totmianina and Marinin were the only couple among the medal contenders to perform a flawless free skate.

They opened their four-minute free program with triple Salchows before five more jumps and throws followed to the thundering beats of Romeo and Juliet.
They also executed three imaginative lifts to perfection to ensure their European swansong ended on a winning note.

The Chicago-based pair, who will retire from competition after the Olympics, finished their routine with their arms around each other before acknowledging a large contingent of Russian supporters.

Ukrainian-born Savchenko, who recently acquired German citizenship, and Szolkowy won their first medal at a major competition after leapfrogging Petrova and Tikhonov with the final performance of the day to earn a mark of 188.08.

Petrova and Tikhonov paid the price for a mistake early in their routine and were awarded 187.04.

Mara_M
01-18-2006, 10:29 PM
sorry for the chechs who fell!good for russia:bigclap:!

Sandra
01-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Cant wait for tomorrows mens SP :bounce:

Suzi
01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
hmmm i wonder why :p

Sandra
01-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Guess :p

Suzi
01-19-2006, 09:05 PM
um plushy :p :lol:

Suzi
01-19-2006, 09:18 PM
EC 2006 - ORiginal Dance

Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov edged closer to their third European ice dance title on Thursday after climbing to the top of the standings following the original dance.

The Russian world champions had been surprisingly left trailing in third place following the compulsory dance but they were back on familiar ground with a swinging rendition of the Cha Cha, Rhumba and Samba.

"It was very hard to get any sleep those two nights after the compulsory," Navka told reporters.

Navka and Kostomarov's combined mark of 99.00 was enough to open up a 1.39 points lead over early pace setters Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov.

The Ukrainian husband-and-wife team had to settle for second while another married couple, Lithuania's Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas slipped down a place to third with their total of 95.29.

Navka, who was sporting a striking leopard print outfit, and her partner glided across the ice and showed off their intricate choreography that fitted perfectly with their chosen music.

They drew the highest mark of 60.79 points. "It was like a stone fell off my soul," Navka said.

The couple have been skating together regularly for the past six seasons and have not been defeated since the NHK Trophy in 2004. "I had such inner rage that I wanted to rip apart and devour everybody," Kostomarov said about Tuesday's performance.

"I was still angry today and tried to use it to do our best today."

FLYING OFF

Grushina and Goncharov finished third on Thursday but their score from the first part of the three-phase competition meant they did not drop any further in the rankings.

"I didn't think about our placement, I just wanted to show my best today," said Grushina.

Goncharov added: "Being in the lead after the compulsory made us feel stronger. We were in a good mood when we skated today and the judges will decide the rest."

Drobiazko had to contend with her bracelet flying off her wrist midway through the Lithuanian couple's routine but she said the incident failed to distract them.

"I felt it coming loose and I knew I would not be able to continue to skate with it, so I just did an arm movement to throw it away," said Drobiazko, who is retuning to competition after a four-year hiatus.

Her husband added: "If it had happened earlier we probably would have been stopped (by the referee)."

Local favourites and last year's bronze medallists Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder were awarded the second highest score in the original dance but it was not enough to lift them from fourth in the overall standings.

Later on Thursday, Irina Slutskaya will be eyeing a record seventh European crown and Russia's second gold medal of the championships.

Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin began Russia's gold run in Lyon by clinching their fifth consecutive pairs title on Wednesday.

Sandra
01-19-2006, 09:23 PM
um plushy :p :lol:
:ras: :p

Suzi
01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
:nerner:

Slutskaya won yet another title :p (sorry but her name is unfortunate)

rosespower
01-19-2006, 09:31 PM
I"m happy that Irina won she was my fav! not only now since for ever!

Sandra
01-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Brian ;)

rosespower
01-19-2006, 09:40 PM
we are talking about the girls....at boys BRIAN..

Sandra
01-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Brian ;)

Suzi
01-19-2006, 09:42 PM
hmm dont have a fave :p

Sandra
01-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Ok i gotta stop :o

Sandra
01-19-2006, 09:45 PM
one more time Brian ;)

rosespower
01-19-2006, 09:52 PM
:rolls: you are addicted you can't stop....

Suzi
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Joubert hits out at Plushenko's mind games

http://www.todayonline.com/OthPictures/SGE.CCT67.190106163306.photo00.quicklook.default-158x245.jpg

France's Brian Joubert has accused Russian star Yevgeny Plushenko of playing mind games with his rivals ahead of his bid for a fifth men's title at the European figure skating championships here this week.
Plushenko, 23, had been in doubt to compete here because of illness.
But Joubert, who lost his title last year to the Olympic silver medallist, believes that the defending champion is just trying to psych out his opponents.
"I saw Plushenko yesterday at the first training session and apparently he is well," said Joubert.
"I think that everything he said about his possible withdrawal was just to try and destabilise his rivals. It's stupid of him. Personally I prefer that he is here."
The men's competition opens Friday with the short programme, with the free skating final taking place on Saturday.
Plushenko confirmed his status as favourite by scoring a convincing victory over world champion Stephane Lambiel at the Cup of Russia Grand Prix in St Petersburg.
It was Plushenko's first competition since pulling out of the world championships in March with a groin injury.
The three-times world champion, who underwent surgery on both legs in May, withdrew from the ISU Grand Prix final because of flu, but won the Russian national championships in Kazan last month, before complaining of illness again last week.
Meanwhile, European silver-medallist Joubert is carrying home hopes to recapture the title after struggling following a change of coach twice last season resulting in a sixth place finish at last year's world championships after being runner-up in 2004.
This season the 21-year-old finished just third in Skate America, an event he won twice, and second in the Paris Grand Prix before withdrawing from the Grand Prix final.
But he is confident after training Thursday, conceding that rival Lambiel was struggling a bit.
"Lambiel wasn't at all good in training yesterday (Wednesday). Technically he didn't have it. But I'm sure he will by okay on the day and that's what counts.
"I feel good on the ice. I trained again yesterday at the competition rink. I feel very good physically and mentally.
"I've worked a lot on artistic expression and the steps. My programmes have evolved a lot since the beginning of the season.
"I still have three weeks to fine tune for the Olympics and feel that they're nearly at the stage of being very good. But whatever happens I'm ready to battle my rivals," added Joubert who finished 14th at the

Suzi
01-19-2006, 10:02 PM
here u go

http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~brian.fr/season05photo_1.htm

Suzi
01-19-2006, 10:18 PM
some more for ya sandra dee

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/archive/photo/2005/joubert.html

guida
01-20-2006, 12:44 AM
I love Brian Joubert, I hope he wins here and/or at the Olympics too! :bounce:

Mara_M
01-20-2006, 12:45 AM
suzi:kiss:
and for me,nothing?only for sandra?

Mara_M
01-20-2006, 12:46 AM
I"m happy that Irina won she was my fav! not only now since for ever!
mine too!!!:worship: to ira:banana:!

Sandra
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
:rolls: you are addicted you can't stop....
You know me :o

Sandra
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Suzy love ya dear :hug: :hug: :crazy: :kiss: :smooch:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
ummmmmmm mara wot do u want?? i dunno who u like :p

Sandra
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Guess :rolleyes:

Sandra
01-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey do you know in which group is Brian skating today?

Suzi
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM
guess ummmmmmm i dunno plushy

Suzi
01-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Evgeni Plushenko, whose participation has been in doubt, finally arrived and attended the draw. He will start 17th in Friday's men's short program.
His main competition, world champion Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland and 2004 European champion Brian Joubert of France, will start 10th and 27th, respectively.

Sandra
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
guess ummmmmmm i dunno plushy

Sandra
01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
There are 6 guys in one group right?

Suzi
01-20-2006, 11:24 AM
6 or 5 cant remember :p

Suzi
01-20-2006, 11:30 AM
i cant watch it but has it started yet

Suzi
01-20-2006, 11:34 AM
For u mara: http://www.evgeniplushenko.net/office.shtml

Sandra
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
i cant watch it but has it started yet
No,and fuckin ES wont show it all :(

Suzi
01-20-2006, 12:13 PM
:bigcry: i wont be able to watch the olypics either unless its shown on normal tv!!!!

Sandra
01-20-2006, 12:16 PM
:hug: :bigcry: :hug:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Current Leader.................... Stephane Lambiel with 74.73

but more to come!!!

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Gheorghe Chiper on ice now :D Come on!!! :rocker2:

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Lambiel fell once :nerner:

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Brian ;)

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Vamos Ghitaaaaaaaaaa !!!!

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Chiper 3rd only :(

Sandra
Well thats good too :p

Sandra
Allez Babou ;)

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Russia's Evegheni Plushenko takes the ice and I hope he will fail his sp :o :o :o

Sandra
01-20-2006, 01:49 PM
That French guy has now become my second fave figure skater :D
Alban Preaubert :worship:

:mad::mad: His marks shoudve been better :mad:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 02:08 PM
well plushy now leads with 82 something or other :p next group incl. Joubert

Suzi
01-20-2006, 02:28 PM
my bad hes in the next one after! :p

Sandra
01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Figure Skatin back on ES now
Allez Babou ;)

Suzi
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
GROUP FIVE START LIST: 24. Boris Martinec (CRO) 25. Ivan Dinev (BUL) 26. Alper Ucar (TUR) 27. Brian Joubert (FRA) 28. Igor Matisipura (SVK) 29. Aidas Reklys (LTU)

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
p.s. u were right 6 peeps in a group :p

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:02 PM
82.80 is the mark to beat!

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Babou wtf is with the nickname :p ;)

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Live comments

16:18 THE CROWD EXPLODES: The 007 theme allowed Joubert to get a bit creative, and he could get some points subracted on that triple-toe loop, as every point will count in his contest with Plushenko........

16:16 TRYING TO RECLAIM HIS EUROPEAN CROWN FROM TWO YEARS AGO: Joubert will need something special to overtake last year's Champion and current leader Evgeni Plushenko of Russia, but on the heels of this crowd, maybe he can do it......

16:15 CALL HIM JOUBERT, BRIAN JOUBERT: Skating to the 007 theme song, Joubert is looking good with a triple-axel already in the bank.....

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:19 PM
:secret: i have to say i am rooting for him :p but i highlight i dont have a fave ;)

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:23 PM
16:21 JOUBERT'S MARKS: 38.95 technical, 38.90 components, 77.85 total, as the France's four time national champion goes into second.

16:21 GOOD, BUT NOT BETTER THAN PLUSHENKO: Joubert moves into second place, ahead of the World Champion Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland, but beneath the reigning European Champion Evgeni Plushenko, who is some five points ahead of the Frenchman.

Quote from Joubert: "I wasn't relaxed enough today..... I always have problems at the start of the season, then I have to work hard for my standard to improve. I felt better at the National Championships, and I felt really good here today."

Suzi
01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Top3 so far.................

1. Plushenko RUS: 82.80
2. Joubert FRA: 77.85
3. Lambiel SUI: 74.73

Deea
01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Great job Evgeny! :yeah:

Deea
01-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Russia's Evegheni Plushenko takes the ice and I hope he will fail his sp :o :o :o

He didn't! :ras: :ras: :ras:

Sugar Kane
01-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Great job Evgeny! :yeah:
He was just a class above everyone :worship:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 04:04 PM
he is a class act indeed, entertaining as well, hes hillarius everytime he does like a gala exhibitiony thing

Suzi
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
After Short Prog...

1 Yevgeny Plushenko (RUS) 82.80
2 Brian Joubert (FRA) 77.85
3 Stephane Lambiel (SUI) 74.73
4 Frederic Dambier (FRA) 71.21
5 Alban Preaubert (FRA) 69.08
6 Gheorghe Chiper (ROM) 66.46
7 Tomas Verner (CZE) 66.13
8 Ilia Klimkin (RUS) 64.10
9 Silvio Smalun (GER) 63.98
10 Stefan Lindemann (GER) 60.70

Sugar Kane
01-20-2006, 04:36 PM
:bigclap: for Chiper!!! :aparty:

cleo1986
01-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Kevin van der Perren is only 11th! :sad:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Plushenko sets up Joubert Duel

Champion Yevgeny Plushenko laid the foundations for an intriguing men's competition after gaining a lead over local favourite Brian Joubert at the European figure skating championships on Friday.

The Russian, whose participation had been in doubt after he was laid low with 'flu this week, will carry a 4.95 point advantage over 2004 gold medallist Joubert into Saturday's finale.

Plushenko earned 82.80 with his near flawless display, while world champion Stephane Lambiel finished third.

"I'm happy because I was really sick and I was able to skate quite well in spite of that," said Plushenko, who is targeting a fifth continental title.

"It was a bit hard to skate, to breathe. I'm still coughing badly. I was on intravenous fluids for three days and it's thanks to my doctor who got me back on my feet that I'm here."

Plushenko began his routine by doubling an intended triple toeloop in his opening quadruple-triple combination.

That was his only deviation from his scheduled programme.

The former triple world champion's fast-paced step sequences and captivating choreography to Puccini's Tosca raised roars of approval from the fans.

Punching the air in delight, Plushenko skated off the arena blowing kisses to his fans and knowing that Joubert would have to come up with something special to surpass him.

The Frenchman, who had accused Plushenko of playing mind games earlier in the week with his threat to withdraw from the championships, took centre stage dressed in black as Secret Agent 007.

ENERGETIC PERFORMANCE

But his energetic performance to the James Bond soundtrack Die Another Day began with a stumble on his opening quadruple toeloop. After completing the rest of the routine without a hitch, his score of 77.85 failed to dislodge Plushenko from the top.

Lambiel was the first of the main medal contenders to test the ice but he effectively ruled himself out of the top prize after crashing to the ground on his opening triple Axel.

The fall earned the 20-year-old a one point deduction but put him provisionally in pole position with 74.73 points before he was leapfrogged by the superior displays of Plushenko and Joubert.

"The Axel is never my best jump, everybody knows that but I gave it a good try," said Lambiel, who became the first Swiss man in 58 years to win the world title in 2005 after Plushenko had withdrawn from the event with a groin injury.

"It's important that Yevgeny is here so that you have someone to go up against."

Later on Friday, Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov will be targeting a third successive European crown and Russia's third gold medal of the championships in the free dance.

Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin began Russia's bid to win all four disciplines in Lyon by clinching their fifth consecutive pairs title, while Irina Slutskaya claimed a record seventh crown.

Suzi
01-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Kevin van der Perren is only 11th! :sad:

JUST OUTSIDE THE TOP-TEN: And huge disappointment, Kevin Van Der Perren of Belgium, skating to the "Computer Game" has his lofty expectations toppled, 59.98 total points after the one-point deduction, 27.26 points technical, 33.72 point components.

SIXTH AT LAST YEAR'S EUROS: Belgium's 23-year-old Kevin Van Der Perren had some excellent choreography, despite a few technical mistakes, including a big fall. A real shame for that one point deduction. And he was furious at himself, he sits in the finish area with his head down. He rocked the warmup, but couldn't replicate when it counted.....

rosespower
01-20-2006, 08:27 PM
6 Gheorghe Chiper (ROM) 66.46
o yeah.....
when i read something about his peogramme i couldn't believe it was truth but....YEAH!!

rosespower
01-20-2006, 08:37 PM
1 Yevgeny Plushenko (RUS) 82.80
2 Brian Joubert (FRA) 77.85
hard but not imposible.....

Suzi
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
its not impossible but the likelihood is slim but heh im sure sandra's hatching a plan! probably getting a voodoo doll as we speak :p j/k :hug:

Suzi
01-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Russian three-peat sets up sweep chance

Reuters 20/01/2006

Navka and Roman Kostomarov grabbed their third successive European ice dancing gold medal on Friday to keep alive Russia's chances of sweeping all four titles at the championships for a second year running.

The couple's victory gave Russia a third gold medal here after Irina Slutskaya secured a record seventh women's title and Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin picked up their fifth consecutive pairs crown.

Navka and Kostomarov edged out Ukrainian husband-and-wife team Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov to underline their reputation as favourites for the Olympic crown at next month's Turin Olympic Games.

Margarita Drobiazko and Povilas Vanagas of Lithuania finished third.

Enacting the drama of Bizet's Carmen Suite, the Moscovites put in a captivating performance to glide past their rivals with a score of 202.32 over the three phases of the competition.

Suzi
01-20-2006, 09:53 PM
:secret: theres some cool piccies at getty images if anyones interested!

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 01:10 AM
He was just a class above everyone :worship:
he was indeed!but what happened ileana,u said u're bored by figure skating:aplot:!

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 01:11 AM
:secret: theres some cool piccies at getty images if anyones interested!
me!always!

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 01:13 AM
1:it would be so great if chiper would finish close to the medals!tomorrow he will start between brian and plushy:scared:!last time he started after plushy he choked:scared:!*positive vibes* for him:lol:!
and for plushy too :devil:!

Sugar Kane
01-21-2006, 01:21 AM
he was indeed!but what happened ileana,u said u're bored by figure skating:aplot:!
Citeste mai bine, dana a zis, nu eu :angel:

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 01:26 AM
si tu ai zis k ai ramas cu obiceiul asta de pe vremea cand nu aveai ce face=>:yawn:!

treaza la ora asta:aplot:?

rosespower
01-21-2006, 06:00 PM
sad for Brian
sad for Chiper
happy for Lambiel not because i like him so musc but he really seemed to enjoy his first european medal
plushenko- nothing

Sugar Kane
01-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Great performance from Plushy! :banana:

Suzi
01-21-2006, 07:08 PM
wot happened ive been at work so missed out *goes off to ES to find out :p *

Suzi
01-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Figures plushy wins :rolleyes: :p nah hmmm :) for lambiel and joubert well :p at least he won a medel heh

Suzi
01-21-2006, 07:15 PM
hmmm a Russian clean sweep then.............

rosespower
01-21-2006, 07:35 PM
wot happened ive been at work so missed out *goes off to ES to find out :p *
1. plushenko
2. lambiel
3. joubert

Plushenko didnt fail in anything he did
Lambiel failed at the end the programme because he lost his concentration because he was carried of the euphoria of succeding all he wanted in his prog
Joubert Failed a couple of jumps, one inthe begining of the prog....

guida
01-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Plushenko... what else is new? :shrug: But his performance was indeed flawless.
Lambiel was great, full of passion and joy in what he was doing... that's why he lost his concentration. He started to get too confident (if he hadn't failed in any of the jumps he might have won). But I'm really glad he got the silver. :D

As for Brian, he was the most disappointing; totally unfocused and his nerves were clearly getting the best of him... :tears: I'm hoping he gets his act together at the Olympics, though! :yeah:

Suzi
01-21-2006, 07:57 PM
podium pic.... look at the mug of joubert :sad: he looks like he needs a squishy hug

guida
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Brian :hug: :hug:

Yeah, he looked extremely disappointed... and with good reason. Anyway, bring on the Olympics! :bounce: :banana:

rosespower
01-21-2006, 08:14 PM
i know he was very down
i dont know if enyone noticed that he had som kind of red bruieses on his face.....
he really needs to get more confident...if not i dont know when he will win some titles..

guida
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
I noticed the bruises too... I wonder what those were...

I think he lets Plushenko get too much into his head; Joubert is just mentally weak and that's fatal to any athlete... :awww:

Suzi
01-21-2006, 08:40 PM
same with worlds last year he choked

rosespower
01-21-2006, 08:53 PM
yes i know...

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 09:14 PM
whatever u would say,plushenko was une class above everyone:rolleyes:!it's not new indeed,but he deserved it!i didn't like 2 things to lambiel:1-the outfit:spit: and 2:what he said in the interview"my prgoram was super good"..his program was good indeed,but he didn't have to show off:rolleyes:!sorry for bri,mum said he was the cutest:lol:!and she doesn't like him:lol:!

rosespower
01-21-2006, 09:18 PM
he was the cutest..indeed....

rosespower
01-21-2006, 09:20 PM
and i didnt say that plushenko did bad i only said that brian was weak...mentally...

guida
01-21-2006, 09:25 PM
I think we all agree that:

a) Plushenko was unbeatable;
b) Lambiel's outfit was horrible; :lol:
c) Brian was the cutest. :hearts:

;)

rosespower
01-21-2006, 09:38 PM
yes that is what we are talking...we are not hating anyone

rosespower
01-21-2006, 09:42 PM
i know IRINA deserves the gold medal at the olimpics

guida
01-21-2006, 09:45 PM
You're right, you didn't miss much Tangy. :lol:

Plushenko's like the Federer of men's skating. :rolleyes:

As for Michelle... anything can happen. :eek:

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 09:51 PM

;)

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 09:57 PM
rtangy,i can't belive u want michelle to win!!no way!!!!!!!!i hate her!!!
irina!!!she deserves the medal and she deserved it 4 years ago too:ras:!

Suzi
01-21-2006, 10:13 PM

;)

:haha: all true!!!!

Suzi
01-21-2006, 10:40 PM
i think it be nice if michelle won as well

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 11:11 PM
haven't heard of emilly!the europeans don't suck up her too much:lol:!

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:14 PM
all iknew bout her was that shes the younger sib of the current OC plus who cares :p

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 11:22 PM
my point exactly as long as she doesn't do a :spectacular win"(or thieft) in olympics!

almouchie
01-21-2006, 11:23 PM

;)

my thoughts too
I miss Alexie yugudin , I didnt know he retired so early in his career
can any1 tell me what happened to him & is he in states skating
I remember a frenchman who used to do very nice tricks, he has long hair & used to interact with public forgot his name but he was very entertaining
Plushneko wasnt full healthy (flu & fever) & still manged to win the title

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:27 PM
my point exactly as long as she doesn't do a :spectacular win"(or thieft) in olympics!

omg yeah i remember 2002 and was like wtf!!!!!

p.s. almouchie i think the guy ur after could be Gwendal Peizerat!! he was part of a ice dance couple with MArina Anissina

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 11:28 PM
well,alexey already had won everything at 22,so he decided to have a life!my opinion!
was that philip calderoro?

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 11:29 PM
or gwendal,yes!i was thinking only to the singles:o!

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:30 PM
yeah yagudin did achieve alot, i think he did like champions on ice tour or something like that and also he helped out a lil bit with joubert at some point or anoter

almouchie
01-21-2006, 11:31 PM
i dont think so
his name is familiar to me
but I dont think its either the one u mentioned
I am confused he might be canadian & not french
i remeber once he did a great trick then went up to the public & kissed a girl as part of his routine
canadian yes

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:34 PM
hmmmmmm

Mara_M
01-21-2006, 11:34 PM
elvis stoicko?
yeah,lesha was brian's coach for like 2 weeks last summer!i saw bri had changed his coach!

Suzi
01-21-2006, 11:59 PM
sorry cant help my brain doesnt really strecth that ar cross the pond :p

omg on tv today i was watching this new prog we have "dancing on ice" its ok but quite lame not as good as the real thing

guida
01-22-2006, 12:07 AM
almouchie, see if it's any of these guys that Mara and Suzi have mentioned:

Philippe Candeloro:
http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/pictures/manuela/candel93.jpg

Gwendal Peizerat:
http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~daria/gwendal.jpg

Suzi
01-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Philippe Candeloro:
http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb/pictures/manuela/candel93.jpg

frogs on ice lol

Suzi
01-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Plushenko completes Russian sweep with fifth European title

Sat 21 Jan, 10:29 PM

LYON, France (AFP) - Russian star Yevgeny Plushenko completed a Russian sweep of all the titles at the European figure skating championship when he claimed his fifth European crown.

The three-time world champion took gold ahead of reigning world champion Stephane Lambiel of Switzerland with the bronze going to France's Brian Joubert after the free skating final.

Plushenko won his previous titles in 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2005.

His victory gives Russia a title sweep for the second straight year and sixth time in the past decade after 1997, 1998, 1999, 2003 and 2005.

Irina Slutskaya won a record seventh women's title here this week while Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin won their fifth straight pairs crown.

Tatiana Navka and Roman Kostomarov won their third consecutive ice dancing title on Friday.

Plushenko led all the way, wrapping up the title with a stunning free skating performance to the Godfather and then lay down on the ice exhausted.

"I was dead afterwards. It was very hard for me to skate today. I'm not completely healthy," explained the 23-year-old from St. Petersburg who had been in doubt for the competition with a cold.

"I have a bad cough and couldn't breath at all after the third minute. I was gasping for air like a fish without water.

"But me and my coach decided to come here because this is preparation and the last competition before for the Olympic Games."

The Russian was the only top skater to give a clean performance.

Skating last he opened with a quadruple toeloop jump which he followed with a triple axel-triple toeloop-double loop combination.

The only glitch in his performance was downing a triple salchow to a double towards the end of his four-and-a-half minute routine.

Plushenko admitted that after seeing his rivals give less than perfect performances he had opted not to complete a quadruple combination.

"I thought the quad would be enough today, but in the future I will need the combination maybe with a triple loop," explained the Russian who scored a total of 245.33 after the two rounds.

Despite making several errors in his program to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Lambiel overtook Joubert to take silver with a score of 228.87.

He touched down on his second quadruple jump, two-footed his triple toeloop and triple lutz jumps, and lost his footing twice in his straight line step sequence at the end of his program.

"I think I wasn't concentrated until the end," the 20-year-old explained.

"It's important that it happened today, it's good preparation for Torino (Olympics). I have to stay concentrated until the end of the programme. Every point is important under the new judging system."

Joubert, the 2004 European champion, moved a further step down the podium after finishing runner-up last year.

The 21-year-old Frenchman fell on his opening quadruple jump and two footed the landings of both his triple axels during his performance to Lord of the Dance. He scored a combined 222.95.

"I don't know why I made a mistake on the first quad. I was very confident. For the Olympic Games I will need two quads," he said.

Suzi
01-22-2006, 08:59 AM
a more happier one...

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20060121/all/l1721255.jpg

almouchie
01-22-2006, 10:20 AM
yes its elvic stoico :)

rosespower
01-22-2006, 11:04 AM
my thoughts too
I miss Alexie yugudin , I didnt know he retired so early in his career
can any1 tell me what happened to him & is he in states skating
I remember a frenchman who used to do very nice tricks, he has long hair & used to interact with public forgot his name but he was very entertaining
Plushneko wasnt full healthy (flu & fever) & still manged to win the title
i heard somewhere that alexei retired because of an injury in 2003 just before the competitional season...

rosespower
01-22-2006, 11:07 AM
a more happier one...

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20060121/all/l1721255.jpg

maybe a happier one but not one from the right angle his face is covered with some kind of shadows and on the little red bruises it seems like his face was destroied :D :confused:

rosespower
01-22-2006, 11:11 AM
Following the 1998 Olympics, Candeloro turned pro and appeared in a wide variety of tours and professional competitions. In the USA he was a popular fixture with Champions on Ice; in Europe he founded the successful Candel Euro Tour. He most recently appeared in the "Holiday on Ice" tour, and is now starting a new career as a sports journalist.

who would believe that the funny guy who is on skates wants to be a sport journalist?

Sandra
01-22-2006, 01:21 PM
i am so dissapointed :sad:
Does anyone have a link of one of his programmes?

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 03:59 PM
yes its elvic stoico :)
glad i hit it:p

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 04:00 PM
i am so dissapointed :sad:
Does anyone have a link of one of his programmes?
of course u are:nerner:

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 04:01 PM
have u seen the gala?those little felows in the begining were so sweet!and dambier was so funny:lol:!i liked very much the lituaniens drobiasko/vanagas..nice pirats;)!now sokolova skates,can't wait the winners;)!

Suzi
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
i cant see it :(

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
why:confused:?

rosespower
01-22-2006, 04:08 PM
brian was so sweet...also the little ones in the begining
the funniest was dambier and the most complex were the pirates form lituania
shame i can't see the grand final

Suzi
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM
i only have es at home and i dont even know if they are showing it on it!!!

but i saw the piccies of dambier :eek: :haha:

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
i can't belive it,lambiel on james blunt!sandee,did u faint:haha::haha:?

rosespower
01-22-2006, 04:45 PM
i know lambiel on james blunt....
this year gala was superb everybody did such a great job....
irina was the only girl with a non classic music and it was great
a funny moment was at the end when she and plushenko did a trick togheter

the best gala in the last years......

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 04:50 PM
as usually carolina had such an classic music..didn't like it!irina and elena were great!and the final was lovely....zhenya+ira:aplot::lol:!

rosespower
01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
i dont know why but i dont like carolina.....hmm...she seems boring and she doesnt have the strenght needed for the progs....

cleo1986
01-22-2006, 06:28 PM
i heard somewhere that alexei retired because of an injury in 2003 just before the competitional season...

He didn't plan on retiring after the olympics. He made new programmes and started the season. He had a hip injury that emerged during either skate America or skate Canada (I don't remember :o ). It turned out to be serious and the best thing was to retire. Of course the facts mentioned that he likes shows and had already won everything there is to win helped with the decision.

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 06:35 PM
sabri:me neighter
cleo:i remember he said he doesn't know if continue or not after nagano...it's true he was injuried,but i guess he had planned to retire in a couple of years after salt lake city!

rosespower
01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
:)

Suzi
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
some pics i found

rosespower
01-22-2006, 07:34 PM
good job suzi! :hug:

Suzi
01-22-2006, 07:36 PM
theres more on getty but not that clear!

Sandra
01-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Will Evgheni ever stop with that show?Its all just getting boring

Sandra
01-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Brian :inlove:

Suzi
01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Will Evgheni ever stop with that show?Its all just getting boring

i know i swear i saw it last yr :confused:

plus its good to see that brian got up on his feet and said sod the gold medel and did the gala if that makes sense :scratch: :p

guida
01-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the pics, Suzi. :D I'm glad about Brian too. :yeah:

Sandra
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
i know i swear i saw it last yr :confused:

plus its good to see that brian got up on his feet and said sod the gold medel and did the gala if that makes sense :scratch: :p
It was 2 years ago too :lol:

Plushy :ras: You suck :hug:

I dont get the Brian thing :lol:

Suzi
01-22-2006, 09:28 PM
umm like he thought i dont care bout bronze im gonna go out and have a bit fun at the gala! put on a brave face ps something i dunno

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 10:31 PM
:ras: sandee...2 years ago was the one with 2 evgheni..is the year 2000 gala program...he is keeping the best for teh olympics,as the other programs..or u didn't noticed he had teh same free program as last year:rolleyes:!and stop telling off abt brian cuz he sucked!

Mara_M
01-22-2006, 10:34 PM
thanks suzi:hug:,nice pics!

rosespower
01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
maybe if plushenko will win at the olimpics he retires this year....and makes some place for the new generation:D

Sandra
01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
:ras: sandee...2 years ago was the one with 2 evgheni..is the year 2000 gala program...he is keeping the best for teh olympics,as the other programs..or u didn't noticed he had teh same free program as last year:rolleyes:!and stop telling off abt brian cuz he sucked!
Ohhh look whos being really nice with me :rolleyes:
Geez he sucks coz he doesnt have respect at all.Two years in a row presenting the same gala programme in the E.Ch is called not having respect for the competition ;)
Yes i noticed the Godfather programme was the same :ras: I didnt comment that cause i can understand he is keeping his new lp a secret for the Olympics :rolleyes:
Excuse me i dont keep a record of Evgheni's programmes too :rolleyes:
No one said Brian's lp didnt suck,but at least he had respect for competition unlike others ;)
If you dont like what i post about Brian then dont reply anymore ;).
And Brians steps at the end of his lp :eek: OMG :worship:

Suzi
01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
:eek: calm down

well i found more.........

Suzi
01-23-2006, 12:13 PM
maybe if plushenko will win at the olimpics he retires this year....and makes some place for the new generation:D

wishful thinking heh :aplot:

Sandra
01-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks Suz for the pics :hug:
More of Babou here :p

Sandra
01-23-2006, 06:42 PM
Dont you just love my avvie?:inlove:

01-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi rosespower. I personally thought Plushenko was a wonderful skater until he hurt his knee. But after that knee problem he just isn't the same skater at all! And I don't know skating like he is now if he can win the Olympics?

rosespower
01-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Dont you just love my avvie?:inlove:
yes you avie is lovely...but what do you think about show to the girls what we found last night? :) ;)

rosespower
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Hi rosespower. I personally thought Plushenko was a wonderful skater until he hurt his knee. But after that knee problem he just isn't the same skater at all! And I don't know skating like he is now if he can win the Olympics?
he can win.... :p

rosespower
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
now don't think that i'm happy but i'm real...

katica
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
does anyone have a picture of Phillipe Caldeloro??? pleaseeeeeeeeee

Sandra
01-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi :wavey:
I dont really like to say it but yes he can win the Olympics.
i never really liked him,hes too feminine for me.

Sandra
01-23-2006, 07:00 PM
yes you avie is lovely...but what do you think about show to the girls what we found last night? :) ;)
:tape:

rosespower
01-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Hi :wavey:
I dont really like to say it but yes he can win the Olympics.
i never really liked him,hes too feminine for me.
again agreeing...:)

rosespower
01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
:tape:
shhhhhhhhhh..........then ;)

Suzi
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
does anyone have a picture of Phillipe Caldeloro??? pleaseeeeeeeeee

here u go there a bit crappy!!

http://heatherw.com/mk/pics/events/coi02/pc.jpg

http://www.fantasyonice.jp/what/img/candeloro.jpg

Suzi
01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
so wots this that u found then sandra :aplot:

Sandra
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM
Too many Brian haters to say it here :lol:

Suzi
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
go on!!! i dont hate him

Sandra
Hey girls,i have to write this thing for the school paper and i tought of something related to Brian read it and tell me what you think,okay?:)

Suzi
he looks a bit sad in ur av

Suzi
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
wots it for

Sandra
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
he looks a bit sad in ur av
he got bronze he has to be very sad ;)

Suzi
01-23-2006, 07:46 PM