Roddick Online is back!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roddick Online is back!!

Fumus
11-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Now lets get some new videos on there!!

MisterQ
11-19-2004, 06:50 PM
They have been bought out by Roddick Offline.

Havok
11-19-2004, 06:57 PM
holy crap :haha::haha::haha:

Fumus
11-19-2004, 07:04 PM
....and Mr Q with the lauuugggher!!(like Pmac style)

Deboogle!.
11-19-2004, 07:20 PM
LMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, the real issue is that they're switching hosts and the old host is not being helpful in transferring the domain and where it points to. they sent me an email since it was in my name but it went to an address that no longer works so I didn't get it but i've talked to the new webmaster and I thought everything would be ok by now, but I dunno

tangerine_dream
11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
Proph should sue because the hosting site is making it look like she hasn't paid the bill which is not true and she's losing money every day RO is down. :( The host site is mad because she's moving RO to a better host. Apparently, RO was their biggest and most popular site to host and they don't want to lose it.

I don't understand all about how websites work (I don't have one) but this is part of what JJ told me. I hope Proph can work it out soon. A day without RO is like a day without sunshine. :sad:

Éowyn
11-19-2004, 11:42 PM
thanks for that fumus coz you make it sound like the rest of us don't do no damn work on the site!

J. Corwin
11-19-2004, 11:48 PM
Yea it's not the webmaster or anyone's fault from the staff...it's the host that screwed up big time. Damn them for screwing RO over...*boots them* :p

Éowyn
11-19-2004, 11:52 PM
and damn them even more for doing it dring TMC you have any idea how many damn news articles are sitting on my computer waiting to go up! gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Proph
11-19-2004, 11:55 PM
OK, first off? Deb devoted a LOT of time to RO while she was with us. More than most people are able to commit. She also had equipment that the rest of us don't have for creating videos. I know that was likely one of your favorite parts of the site Fumus. IT only stands to reason that you wouldn't like it as much without them. I don't appreciate that comment though, seeing how hard the rest of the staff works, it's hardly the type of thing that makes them proud of what they do.
You know I like you and I got no issues with you, dude, but I just think you could have been a little more tactful about something that we spend hours upon hours on for no pay. RO doesn't make enough right now to cover our basic bills. I have to put my own money into paying for the dedicated server that we're now on. We don't have to do this but we do because we like making other people happy.
As JJ said, it also makes it sound like the current staff does no work at all. Hardly the case. JJ is working on RO stuff almost all the time. Tangy busts her ass. Jace is on the forums doing his job daily, and as for me, I'm spending all day every day on a new layout to give the place a new look for the off season. A few here can tell you how that's going.
Deb did a lot for the site, but just because she's gone it does not invalidate the work that everyone else is doing.

As for the hosting site in question, I've threatened legal action. It is domain theft. This will be solved shortly guys, no worries.

RO wasn't the biggest for the whole host, just the biggest on the server, (and a few other servers mind you.) We're one of their top sites and they're being bitchy about us leaving.

Proph
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
You are a genius my man!! :lol:

Proph
11-20-2004, 02:02 AM
We've had major issues, and our old company would not change the roddickonline.com name to point to the new server. I'm looking into legal options, but for now, sometime in the next 48 hours http://www.roddickonline.net should begin functioning for everyone. Sorry about this again. I've also been promised new video by Tuesday

I'd love it if everyone out there could do me a favor and post this anywhere they can think of that Andy fans may lurk. Messageboards, your email sigs, anything.

Thanks for the support all

Éowyn
11-20-2004, 03:09 AM
i'm on the case chick :)

Fumus
11-24-2004, 06:25 PM
OK, first off? Deb devoted a LOT of time to RO while she was with us. More than most people are able to commit. She also had equipment that the rest of us don't have for creating videos. I know that was likely one of your favorite parts of the site Fumus. IT only stands to reason that you wouldn't like it as much without them. I don't appreciate that comment though, seeing how hard the rest of the staff works, it's hardly the type of thing that makes them proud of what they do.
You know I like you and I got no issues with you, dude, but I just think you could have been a little more tactful about something that we spend hours upon hours on for no pay. RO doesn't make enough right now to cover our basic bills. I have to put my own money into paying for the dedicated server that we're now on. We don't have to do this but we do because we like making other people happy.
As JJ said, it also makes it sound like the current staff does no work at all. Hardly the case. JJ is working on RO stuff almost all the time. Tangy busts her ass. Jace is on the forums doing his job daily, and as for me, I'm spending all day every day on a new layout to give the place a new look for the off season. A few here can tell you how that's going.
Deb did a lot for the site, but just because she's gone it does not invalidate the work that everyone else is doing.

As for the hosting site in question, I've threatened legal action. It is domain theft. This will be solved shortly guys, no worries.

RO wasn't the biggest for the whole host, just the biggest on the server, (and a few other servers mind you.) We're one of their top sites and they're being bitchy about us leaving.

oooohh woopsie doodle. I was being silly. Yea, you know how when something happens people always say, it was downhill after bla bla. :)
Roddick Online is great, you know I love it lol..it's been in my sig and has been for awhile. Awwww...Prophy come here :hug: muah!

tangerine_dream
01-06-2005, 03:08 PM
What the heck is wrong with RO? :retard: I went to the site to update some stuff and it wasn't there anymore. Poor Proph; I wonder why she's having all these problems keeping the site up? :sad:

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I dunno Tangy:shrug::confused::scratch: It's been like this for a few days though.

tangerine_dream
01-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I dunno Tangy:shrug::confused::scratch: It's been like this for a few days though.

That can't be right, I just went there yesterday and everything was in order. Maybe it's because I didn't wipe my cache out.....well, anyway, I hope Proph can sort it out. It really sucks that this site host is being such a bitch to her. :mad:

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah, no, it was not ok yesterday... maybe a couple days ago it was ok (whenever I found those 2003 Wimby pics, I guess it was working ok)... I thought all the problems with the host got taken care of :confused:

Whistleway
01-06-2005, 03:48 PM
This is just domain theft. pure and simple.. good luck with it, proph.

Fumus
01-06-2005, 08:16 PM
I went on it today and it's some other site now.

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 08:18 PM
I'm sure proph will figure it out

Flushing_Ace
01-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Looks like the domain expired on the 4th so I don't think it's necessarily theft. She better renew it before someone gets the chance though.

J. Corwin
01-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Proph is finding a way to renew the domain name right now.

BREAKING NEWS ;): Having a server update and RO will be up shortly. :cool:

Golfnduck
01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
I was wondering what had happened to RO. I'm glad it will be back up soon.

Éowyn
01-06-2005, 09:55 PM
i figured it was just the server coz my email went down and usually thats why it goes, i have shit loads of graphics to post and it seems to be working now so hey ho!

Deboogle!.
01-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks Jace :kiss:

Éowyn
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
just spoke to proph and it's all fixed we're cool :)

star
01-07-2005, 12:04 AM
:bigclap:

aceit
01-07-2005, 12:07 AM
YAY! Thanks you guys. :)

tangerine_dream
01-07-2005, 12:43 AM
just spoke to proph and it's all fixed we're cool :)

Yaay! :bigclap:

Éowyn
01-07-2005, 03:03 AM
and i know it's working coz i spent 3 hours fixing the graphics pages that are waiting to go up!

Fumus
01-07-2005, 04:07 AM
yay!!

superpinkone37
01-07-2005, 05:19 AM
:)

Fumus
01-07-2005, 08:27 PM
New videos anytime soon? I am going to buy the equipment myself if I have to but, we are going to update this bad boy....now!!

Éowyn
01-07-2005, 11:31 PM
it's coming! just gotta give me time i can do some on my dads cmp but then have to edit on mine and it's a nightmare i'm trying to save the money tobuy myself a whole new comp it's awkward, but it will come and when it does you'll have a huge load of it! i have shit loads of videos waiting to be done, but pretty much until i can buy the equipment or new computer it's gotta wait, sorry i know it's frustrating but believe me it is far more frustrating for me coz i'm the one who has everyone asking for it.

Fumus
01-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Ok well, I am just saying I think I will probably get the equipment and make some. I will even dub some comentary over it making like a sports center thing, and I will put some music on....ohh it will be tight..lol..just wait and see what Fumus has in store.

MisterQ
01-08-2005, 04:01 AM
Ok, great, but what has happened to Roddick Offline? :shrug: I miss it. :bigcry:

superpinkone37
01-08-2005, 04:48 AM
LOL MisterQ...and Fumus, with some of your music and comentary that could be very interesting :lol:

RodFan08
01-08-2005, 05:00 AM
it's coming! just gotta give me time i can do some on my dads cmp but then have to edit on mine and it's a nightmare i'm trying to save the money tobuy myself a whole new comp it's awkward, but it will come and when it does you'll have a huge load of it! i have shit loads of videos waiting to be done, but pretty much until i can buy the equipment or new computer it's gotta wait, sorry i know it's frustrating but believe me it is far more frustrating for me coz i'm the one who has everyone asking for it.

Cool :) but are they only for club members

Éowyn
01-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok well, I am just saying I think I will probably get the equipment and make some. I will even dub some comentary over it making like a sports center thing, and I will put some music on....ohh it will be tight..lol..just wait and see what Fumus has in store.

well if ya want to do the vids you can i need to hire someone to do them from other countries anyways, coz i can only cover stuff broadcasted here. you don't need to do commentary lols but serioudly if ya wanna do vids email me eowyn@roddickonline.com

Éowyn
01-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Cool :) but are they only for club members

no no on roddick online they're for everyone only the official site is evil enough to make you have to pay for it!

RodFan08
01-09-2005, 01:48 AM
no no on roddick online they're for everyone only the official site is evil enough to make you have to pay for it!

How cool :cool:
I hate when sites make u pay just for bring a fan, common :rolleyes: :mad:

RodFan08
01-09-2005, 04:39 AM
One more question. I tried to download the videos, but their all exe files. For example: ttp://www.roddickonline.com/media/video/2004cincy/2004cincyr1080304highlights.exe What kind of file is it? I'm used to mpgs, avi, and even wmv. I've never heard of exe, does anybody know what I can do ?

Éowyn
01-09-2005, 05:16 AM
they're rm files i think. but the exe is coz it automatically unzips itself coz some people are dumb and can't work out how to do it themselves so they all automatically unzip.

Fumus
01-09-2005, 06:34 AM
yea I will keep you posted.

J. Corwin
01-09-2005, 07:06 AM
We should make a Fumus section to RO. ;)

superpinkone37
01-09-2005, 07:10 AM
haha...that would keep things interesting :p

Fumus
01-09-2005, 03:26 PM
We should make a Fumus section to RO. ;)

haha...I am serious Jace. I want to do some sportcenter like highlights with commentary and music. I would also like to do a macromedia flash intro too!! That would be sooo awesome! Gimmie to time to buy the equipment RO will be awesome again!! :)

J. Corwin
01-09-2005, 08:44 PM
haha...I am serious Jace. I want to do some sportcenter like highlights with commentary and music. I would also like to do a macromedia flash intro too!! That would be sooo awesome! Gimmie to time to buy the equipment RO will be awesome again!! :)

And I am serious too! :) I think it would be awesome if you could do all that, it would attract more people to the site! :yeah: We could have like a Sportscenter with Fumus section, lol.

Éowyn
01-09-2005, 10:23 PM
well i told proph and she said what i said email me and let me know if you do wanan do it :)

Fumus
01-14-2005, 04:02 PM
well i told proph and she said what i said email me and let me know if you do wanan do it :)

I just have to buy the equipment and then for the best matches/most interesting ones I would do a sportcenter...thingie..

Éowyn
01-15-2005, 12:13 AM
well would be cool if ya did we need people in different countries :) and with different styles :)

Proph
01-19-2005, 06:00 AM
I just have to buy the equipment and then for the best matches/most interesting ones I would do a sportcenter...thingie..

What all do you need? We need video badly and I have some RO donation money around.

Fumus
01-21-2005, 05:52 PM
I have TIVO at my house. So I can record all the Andy that is ever on. All I need is way to transfer the video I can record off my tv to those .mpg files...ask Deb what I need.

Fumus
02-09-2005, 08:01 PM
I tried to download a movie and I got this error.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /media/video/2004tmsnasdaq/2004nasdaq040204sfspadeahighlights.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Éowyn
02-10-2005, 11:05 PM
I tried to download a movie and I got this error.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /media/video/2004tmsnasdaq/2004nasdaq040204sfspadeahighlights.exe on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

yep yep we know unfortunately theres nothing we can do about it just now it's not our error it appears our host server is overloaded (and has therefore killed our vids) :rolleyes: so we have to wait for them to fix it. we know about it though and we're waiting for a response from them to let us know whats happening.

Fumus
02-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok cool..I await...egearly...

Éowyn
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
believe me you are not the only one :sad: it's so bloody annoying as we just got them all back up and then the server screws up