New Posting - I will put up a big fight . . . [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Posting - I will put up a big fight . . .

boliviana
11-16-2004, 04:45 PM
The picture on his site is cute . . . I think the hat is bigger than he is!! :) I so hope he does well against Safin . . . and we all need to pray for no rain. Forecast is for rain/t'storms for the next two/three days. Ugh!

Hello everyone. I just arrived to Houston, found out who will be my rivals in the first round of the Master and I wanted to tell you a little bit about them".

"I suppose you already know, but just in case, I remind you: I am in the Blue Group with Andy Roddick, Marat Safin and Tim Henman. It is tough, but that is obvious, since they are here, and the same thing is with the Red Group" (to see Guille's head to head results against them, click here).

"Safin is, without a doubt, the best player right now. You look at his results over the past month and he is the main candidate to win the Master. I think he will be my first rival. What a test to see how I am, and if I will be able to play all three first round matches".

"It true that Marat might be a little tired and that he has already complain about having to play outdoor right after the end of the indoor season, but he is a complete player. If he is "in the zone", he can kick your butt easily".

"Having to face him after all this time out of the tennis court may not be the best thing that could have happened me, but I will give myself a hundred percent. And, of course, I will enjoy being back in the court again".

"Roddick is also a great player, but especially in the United States: He rises his level playing at home. It still hurts the fact that last year, in this courts, I had him against the wall, but I didn't finish him off and he came back to defeat me. I just hope to feel fine and have my revenge".

"Henman is a solid player, that this season has proven how capable he is of playing well on all surfaces, and I can talk about it since a faced him in the Roland Garros semi-final. He is so consistent that he qualified for the Master despite not winning a tournament this year. On this surface he is extremely dangerous, even though his last results were not what he expected. Tim and I know each other pretty well, and I feel I can defeat him".

"So, I am convinced that my performance in this Masters will depend on how I feel, on how my shoulder and body will react during and after my debut. If I can get rhythm quickly and I am sharp, I believe I can surprise anyone".

"Well, I don't have much more to say. I hope the organization and the courts will be better than last year. I send you all a big hug, and trust me: I will put up a good fight!".

Pancakesong
11-16-2004, 05:00 PM
. I hope the organization and the courts will be better than last year. I send you all a big hug, and trust me: I will put up a good fight!".[/COLOR]
what was there last year?

boliviana
11-16-2004, 05:59 PM
It was in Houston . . . but regardless of the courts or the management of the tournament (I think that is what he is referring to) . . . the weather is against them all this week. It's like the US Open in 2003 . . . rain, rain, rain.

Well it is sunny now - just turned on the tv for hewitt and moya - but they are predicting a lot of rain for the next couple of days.

Deco
11-16-2004, 07:26 PM
6-7 1-6 1-0 for carlos :D:D:D:D

boliviana
11-16-2004, 08:34 PM
I officially hate ESPN . . . the world would come to an end if they didn't show us the NFL's greatest moments? I am so pissed ...

|-Safin_Coria-|
11-16-2004, 10:40 PM
I officially hate ESPN . . . the world would come to an end if they didn't show us the NFL's greatest moments? I am so pissed ...
i know exactly how you feel...i was looking forward to this match since last week

boliviana
11-17-2004, 01:48 PM
The Tennis Channel (which I am lucky enough to have access to) did a great job on all the other Master series events in Europe. Their coverage is really quite good and very unbiased . . . not all this american crap. Why can't they cover the other matches?

Gaudio and Moya this afternoon? Yuck! Go Moya!!

alita
11-17-2004, 02:06 PM
thanks for the artical,boliviana. :hug:
He is full of confidence to beat Tim ..:bigclap:

Pancakesong
11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
yeah:D

I hope he'll win...PLEASE:angel:

Deco
11-18-2004, 09:31 PM
:'(

Pancakesong
11-18-2004, 09:32 PM
:(
GUILLE..

oooh why couldn't I see him? Shall we go to Simone tomorrow?:P to see Carlos!

Deco
11-18-2004, 09:48 PM
yeah good idea!:D

boliviana
11-18-2004, 10:14 PM
poor guy . . . he's trying. gotta figure he's working out kinks with his shoulder and mentally too. . . he's working with that psychologist and I'm sure they're working on stuff he does on the court . . . houw he approaches the game and all that good stuff . . . still it was better than his match with Safin . . .

Guille's Girl
11-19-2004, 01:30 AM
Yes he played much better than vs. Safin. He wasn't as nervous about his shoulder ja. And dude! They could've totally got the court straight before Guille and Tim had to play on it :rolleyes: It's one thing to complain about balls, but c'mon, the COURT people.
anyway, here's the interview. Mighty short...

Q. Just talk about your match, how your shoulder is doing.

CORIA: The shoulder is fine. If I'm here, it's because now it's fine. Today I felt better than the match against Safin , I could do more things. I'm a little bit disappointed with myself because, you know, it was 6-2, 6-2, but I still had some chances. I could have broken his serve.

But the positive thing is that I felt good on the court, I moved well, and I hit the ball better than the other day.

Q. How do you see Safin versus Henman ?

CORIA: Well, it's going to be a very hard-fought match, like every other match here, especially if one of the two players will qualify for the semifinal, if the winner will qualify for the semifinal.

boliviana
11-19-2004, 02:02 PM
today he plays Roddick . . . this could get really ugly . . . :sad:. of course there is the chance that andy will lose focus and give guille a shot at the match but not likely . . .

Pancakesong
11-19-2004, 03:43 PM
no.. I hope guille'll win one set:D

Deco
11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah;0 that would be very good for his confidence

Pancakesong
11-19-2004, 04:55 PM
yes:D