Scotso
09-30-2002, 08:31 PM
Vote :p

Scotso
09-30-2002, 08:34 PM
I think this year is the Braves' year :D :bounce:

Mazza
09-30-2002, 08:50 PM
Errrmmm... Braves?! ;) :o :p Well at least I voted in your poll, Scotty! ;) :D :p

Murkofan
09-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Go Braves! :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Angele
09-30-2002, 08:59 PM
The Braves of course :D

TheGuy
09-30-2002, 09:09 PM
*cough* the braves are a bunch of chokers *cough*

I like the Angels to upset the yanks!

Central
09-30-2002, 11:14 PM
I voted the Braves as I have a baseball cap of them, but I nave no idea

Barrie_Dude
09-30-2002, 11:14 PM
My Beloved New York Yankees! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

harry_potter
09-30-2002, 11:58 PM
yankees!

Steam
10-01-2002, 12:00 AM
Since you asked, here are my predictions:

Yankees over Angels in 4
A's over Twins in 5
Braves over Giants in 5
Cards over D'backs in 4

Yankees over A's in 6
Cards over Braves in 6

Yankees over Cardinals in 5

harry_potter
10-01-2002, 12:01 AM
:D

Allie
10-01-2002, 01:08 AM
damn fuckin mariners didn't make it to the fuckin playoffs. :fiery:

Berlin_Calling
10-01-2002, 01:17 AM
BRAVES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fiery: :p

Steam
10-01-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Allie
damn fuckin mariners didn't make it to the fuckin playoffs. :fiery:

I told you back in April that they suck, maybe next time you will listen when I say something.

Allie
10-01-2002, 01:56 AM
There won't be a next time :rolleyes:

Anyways, I think the Braves will win. :D

Scotso
10-01-2002, 10:02 AM
:kiss: Allie ;)

Pf @ Seattle and Boston. Oh well though.

:rolleyes: @ the Yankees

the cat
10-01-2002, 11:14 AM
The Yankees will beat the Braves yet again to win the World Series.

And if the Braves are upset by the Giants in the Division Series, then the Braves winning legacy of the past 11 years will take another hit.

the cat
10-01-2002, 11:03 PM
I was tempted to pick Oakland to win the World Series. But the loss of sluggler Jason Giambi will eventually catch up with them. Right?

mitchster
10-02-2002, 04:51 AM
Minnesota beat Oakland :o very suprised, as I only saw the first two innings and it looked as though the Twins were just handing the win to the A's....no worries though, the A's will sweep the next three ;)
Yankees :rolleyes:
The Cards have already gotten 6 runs off Randy Johnson! :D Right on!!!! I hope they send off Johnson and Schilling with their tails between their legs in this series! (Mean, yes, to be thinking these things...but I have to say those two are such good pitchers that I love to see them lose ;) )

Also today, the Mets fired Bobby Valentine...that pleased me enormously...I couldn't stand to see his sneering face and his arrogance...especially when they were going up against the Braves

I'm hoping for a Braves-Athletics showdown, since the Mariners didn't make it....go Braves :D

Allie
10-02-2002, 04:55 AM
Mitch likes the M's? :eek:

mitchster
10-02-2002, 05:11 AM
Yeah, the M's kick ass ;) I'm from BC so they're sort of my hometown team even though I'm 500 miles away ;) lol

Allie
10-02-2002, 05:31 AM
ohhhhhhhhh hi former neighbor ;)

Daniel
10-02-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Central
I voted the Braves as I have a baseball cap of them, but I nave no idea

neither do I ;)

the cat
10-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Allie, I'm suprised the Mariners struggled so much down the stretch! :eek:

And it looks like the Mets might be looking to bring Sweet Lou Piniella to New York to manage the Mets. They fired Bobby Valentine yesterday. I'm a fan of his. But he had to go. And the General Manager Steve Phillips who put this team of underachieving fat cats together should have been fired, too. Lou Pinella should think very carefully about managing the Mets and this team of fat cats who can't run the base and play sloppy defense. In Seattle, he has a team of good players with good young pitchers like Garcia and Piniero. The Mets don't have good young pitchers. And they don't have a good future, either. I like Piniella alot from years gone by. But if he takes the Mets managing job, he'll live to regret it. Because this team isn't going anywhere for a few years. And the pressure on the new Manager wil be immense. And Lou has a good team in Seattle. The Mets aren't close to being a good team.

Mitch, I'd be careful about the Twins. I see that series going 5 games now. The Yankees would sure love it if Oakland got knocked out!

These Baseball playoff games go on too long! :mad: Or is it that they just start to late? :confused:

Scotso
10-02-2002, 03:53 PM
:wavey: Byebye Bobby! :D

Barrie_Dude
10-02-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by the cat
Allie, I'm suprised the Mariners struggled so much down the stretch! :eek:

And it looks like the Mets might be looking to bring Sweet Lou Pinellla to New York to manage the Mets. They fired Bobby Valentine yesterday. I'm a fan of his. But he had to go. And the General Manager Steve Phillips who put this team of underachieving fat cats together should have been fired, too. Lou Pinella should think very carefully about managing the Mets and this team of fat cats who can't run the base and play sloppy defense. In Seattle, he has a team of good players with good young pitchers like Garcia and Piniero. The Mets don't have good young pitchers. And they don't have a good future, either. I like Piniella alot from years gone by. But if he takes the Mets managing job, he'll live to regret it. Because this team isn't going anywhere for a few years. And the pressure on the new Manager wil be immense. And Lou has a good team in Seattle. The Mets aren't close to being a good team.

Mitch, I'd be careful about the Twins. I see that series going 5 games now. The Yankees would sure love it if Oakland got knocked out!

These Baseball playoff games go on too long! :mad: Or is it that they just start to late? :confused:

Actually, I hope that Pizza Man Mike Illitch hires him in Detroit

the cat
10-02-2002, 11:01 PM
Barrie, I don't think a prominent manager will take the Tigers managing job. I think Willie Randolph will get that job.

Chloe le Bopper
10-03-2002, 12:08 AM
I want the Giants to upset the Braves :p

Scotso
10-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Becca, don't talk to me :mad:

I hate you for the remainder of the playoffs :mad:

Steam
10-03-2002, 02:52 AM
Actually, Alan Trammell will probably get the Tigers job.

Scott, will you hate her for the remainder of the playoffs or the remainder that the Braves are in it, all of a few more days?

Chloe le Bopper
10-03-2002, 09:41 AM
Scott you love me :kiss:

Scotso
10-03-2002, 10:17 AM
The Braves are going to win! :bounce:

Yankees are going down to the Angels :D

Go Braves, Angels, and As :D

Update:

Angels vs. Yankees 1-1

Athletics vs. Twins 1-1

Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks 1-0 :mad:

Giants vs. Braves 1-0 :mad:

Allie
10-03-2002, 05:27 PM
go Angels :bounce:

Allie
10-03-2002, 05:28 PM
And Lou isn't going anywhere......he is staying in Seattle....he has to....... :mad:

Steam
10-03-2002, 08:34 PM
I always like how people just root for whoever the Yankees are playing AND think that that team has a chance when they beat the Yankees in a game. It is not going to happen people. The Yankees will win the World Series. I guarantee it.

Chloe le Bopper
10-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Did you guarentee it last year as well? :o

Allie
10-03-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Steam
I always like how people just root for whoever the Yankees are playing AND think that that team has a chance when they beat the Yankees in a game. It is not going to happen people. The Yankees will win the World Series. I guarantee it.

People, definitely root for the other team now :p

Scotso
10-03-2002, 10:51 PM
:bounce: Go anyone who plays the Yankees! :bounce:

Murkofan
10-03-2002, 11:00 PM
Let's go people-who-play-the-Yankees! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Steam
10-03-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Did you guarentee it last year as well? :o

Nope. Last year, I had them losing to the A's in the first round. Their lack of offense didn't catch up with them until the World Series. I was sure they would beat the Mariners though.

Anyway, when I guarantee something it happens about 95% of the time. This will fall into the 95% cause unlike some of the teams in the playoffs, the Yankees are WINNERS.

Scotso
10-04-2002, 02:45 AM
LOL, and let me guess... you've been a fan since they were winning :p

Steam
10-04-2002, 03:02 AM
I've been a fan since I can remember. I used to go to two games a year up until 1987 or so. I liked them back then and the late 80s when they sucked and I like them now when they don't.

Since I'm from New Jersey they are the local team.

But if you don't believe me you can quiz me about those crappy Yankees teams if you want.

Scotso
10-04-2002, 03:17 AM
I really don't care.

Frankly I just get sick of the arrogance of Yankees fans.

Allie
10-04-2002, 03:38 AM
Goooooooooooo the-team-going-against-the-Yankees!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Chloe le Bopper
10-04-2002, 05:01 AM
The yanks are winners, eh?

Do you want a hero cookie with that drip, Steam?

the cat
10-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Well, the Yankees Owner George Steinbrenner brought David "Boomer" Wells back to the Yankees for games like tonights. A must win. Wells had a very good year. Let's see if he pitches a fine game. The Yankees pitching and defense have been subpar this series. And the Angels are teeing off on the Yankees pitchers and hitting home runs left and right! :eek: I wonder if Wells will throw a brush back pitch tonight to get the Angels hitters feeling a little less comfortable at the plate. He probably will. Not aim at someones head. Just move a batter or two off the plate a little.

And from the bad taste department. A Phoenix, Arizona radio station rightfully suspended one of their disc jockey's for pulling an awful on air prank by calling a Phoenix hotel and asking the wife of the late St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Darryl Kile who died in June, if she needed a date to the Cardinals - Diamondbacks game! :mad: Flynn Kile hung up the phone after Beau Duran of KUPD-FM radio called her. But the damage was done. People were rightly outraged! :fiery: And Cardinals manager Tony Larussa said "I'm vehement in saying that whoever is responsible should suffer serious and dire consequences. If we could get our hands on them, we would deal with them physically". I don't know if physical attack on Beau Morgan is necessary. But I think he should have been fired. And I've heard that the show he hosts is very highly rated. And that's why he was only suspended and not fired. And if that's true, that's wrong. And it's a shame the Cardinals have had to put up with so much pain this year. It would be an amazing story if they won the World Series! :) Or even just make the World Series.

Scotso
10-05-2002, 05:32 PM
Go Angels! :bounce:

Scotso
10-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Update:

Anaheim Angels vs. New York Yankees 2-1 :D

Oakland Athletics vs. Minnesota Twins 2-1

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks 2-0 :eek:

San Francisco Giants vs. Atlanta Braves 1-1

Allie
10-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Go Angels :D:D:D

the cat
10-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Well Allie, you got your wish. Lou Piniella will manage the Mariners in the final year of his contract. But that's a good thing. Because managing the Mariners, a good team, in that wonderful Safeco Field, is much better than managing the Mets, a bad team, at dreary Shea Stadium. I hope Lou realizes how good he has it in Seattle. He's already managed in New York. And it didn't work out.

As for the Angels. They need to win tonight. Because I don't give them much of a chance in a game 5 tomorrow in the Bronx! :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
10-05-2002, 10:25 PM
I read about that Radio prank :(

Very tacky :(

Steam
10-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Looks like I'm down to about 94% in my guarantees.

No starting pitching and complete miscues in defense will break any team.

Just wait until next year.

Aargh, I feel like a Red Sox fan. :(

Go Cardinals.

Murkofan
10-05-2002, 11:51 PM
:wavey: Yankees!

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Madonna who said "everyone is entitled to my opinion", no?

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:19 AM

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:20 AM
Do you want a hero cookie with that drip, Steam?

Or how about some nice humble pie :D

*sits with Marly* :wavey: Yanks!

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:22 AM
Update:

Anaheim Angels def. New York Yankees 3-1 :D

Oakland Athletics vs. Minnesota Twins 2-2

St. Louis Cardinals vs. Arizona Diamondbacks 2-0

Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants 2-1 :D

Leo7
10-06-2002, 12:31 AM
oh fuck!

GO OAKLAND! you can do this! don't lose to Minnesota!

Yankees :sad: what a horrible game they played today :sad: and the 6-1 lead they gave up yesterday :sad:

Steam
10-06-2002, 12:32 AM
This is going to turn out to be just like the 1997 Division Series loss to the Indians. They get humiliated and then just decide to beat the crap out of everyone next season. They will make a few changes and just whoop up on everyone.

Scott, I know that you are just jealous of the Yankees because your team has made the playoffs the last eleven years and only have ONE championship to show for it but it will be ok. It will be ok.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 12:34 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Madonna who said "everyone is entitled to my opinion", no?

Beats the hell out of me. I don't follow Madonna and her random mutterings.

Regardless of whether she said it or not, I'm attributing it to Scott, because I know for sure he has said it. ;)

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 12:36 AM
This is going to turn out to be just like the 1997 Division Series loss to the Indians. They get humiliated and then just decide to beat the crap out of everyone next season. They will make a few changes and just whoop up on everyone.

Scott, I know that you are just jealous of the Yankees because your team has made the playoffs the last eleven years and only have ONE championship to show for it but it will be ok. It will be ok.

Sour grapes, Steam. :p

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:37 AM

You don't even know who my team is. And why would I be jealous of the Yankees? I have other ways to get personal glorification rather than to support "winners."

:kiss:

Steam
10-06-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by GoLleyt

You don't even know who my team is. And why would I be jealous of the Yankees? I have other ways to get personal glorification rather than to support "winners."

Yeah, cause I was considering hanging myself back in 1991 when they were the worst team in baseball. But then they started winning and it gave me the strength to go on. I would not <sniff> have made it <sniff> without them :sad: :sad: :sad:

I support my team no matter what and this is just a temporary setback.

As for your team, you have raved about a lot of them on the boards but I figured on it being the Braves so I gave you the benefit of the doubt since at least they make the World Series. The Red Sox on the other hand.........

I have more important things to be upset about than the Yankees blowing a series.

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:45 AM
Then why are you here, my dear? :D

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 12:49 AM
Hey Scott... aren't you a Lleyton fan? ;)

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 12:50 AM
Why is anyone here? :confused:

Scotso
10-06-2002, 12:51 AM
Yes, I am. I have been since he was around #20. Nor do I go into every event saying. "Lleyton is going to win, no doubt about it. You're stupid if you think otherwise."

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 12:53 AM

Yeah, cause I was considering hanging myself back in 1991 when they were the worst team in baseball. But then they started winning and it gave me the strength to go on. I would not <sniff> have made it <sniff> without them :sad: :sad: :sad:

:confused:

To whom is this directed?

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 12:54 AM
I know you've been a fan of him before he was number one :p You even picked him to win the 2001 US Open I recall :)

But maybe Steam has always liked the yankees.

Thought as for the "yankees rule, your team sucks" you are on your own steam :p

Fan arrogance annoys me :p

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 12:55 AM
Who wants to have group sex... oops, I mean group hug :angel:

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:00 AM
If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that all I did was give my predictions for the playoffs. I didn't say anything about the Yankees until the people who like to bash the Yankees for winning chimed in after a loss like they always do. It so happened that I was wrong and that happens. Doesn't change the fact that the Red Sox didn't make the playoffs, the Mariners choked, and that the Braves are yearly losers. The Yankees will come back just as strong next year.

Hopefully, my boy Scott Rolen gets healthy soon and leads the Cardinals to the promised land. They deserve it.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:06 AM
Maybe people bash the Yankees solely because they don't like them? :confused: It's a possibility.

Scotso
10-06-2002, 01:09 AM
lol... bash all the teams you want, Steam. Unlike it obviously does you, it doesn't bother me.

And it doesn't make up for your arrogance and stupidity.

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:09 AM
They don't like them because they win. It is that simple. There is no other explanation for it.

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:11 AM

And it doesn't make up for your arrogance and stupidity.

Stupidity? Please. Don't make me laugh. That's rich. Me, stupid. Yeah, that works.

Scotso
10-06-2002, 01:12 AM
I have more important things to be upset about than the Yankees blowing a series.

Yet you're still here. Anyway, I'll leave you here to pout by yourself. As you said, we don't know about next year... but have a fun time waiting.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:15 AM
They don't like them because they win. It is that simple. There is no other explanation for it.

Wow, you're omniscient now? Impressive.

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:18 AM

Yet you're still here. Anyway, I'll leave you here to pout by yourself. As you said, we don't know about next year... but have a fun time waiting.

For someone calling me stupid, you sure know how to read. Thanks for trying though. Your opinion means the world to me.

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:20 AM
So I take it that no one is interested in the group activity i suggested :o

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:22 AM
Rebecca, if you don't have something insulting to say, go away. :p ;)

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:23 AM
I love you all :hearts:

Esp Marly :kiss:

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Marly

Wow, you're omniscient now? Impressive.

No, I'm right.

Take away fans of teams that have a natural rivalry with the Yankees like the Orioles, Red Sox, and Mets. Fans of teams besides those three (and to a lesser extent the Blue Jays and D-Rays) have no reason to hate the Yankees other than the fact that they win. Would be like me hating the Reds. You take away the World Series championships and they are just the Mets. And I'm sorry but the Mets don't inspire such hateful reactions from most people despite the fact that they have a shitload of money themselves. But you factor in the winning, the money, the owner, etc and you get people who decide to hate them. If you want to hate them for winning, be my guest but at least admit it. How else do you explain random "Yankees suck" chants across the country and the idiots who see the need to say that to me when I wear a Yankee shirt and hat up here. People hate them because they win and their teams don't. It's that simple.

Hopefully, you can pull your head out of Scott's ass to understand that.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:27 AM
*hugs* Rebecca :kiss:

But's I'm very :sad: that no one is replying to my insults, despite the fact that I keep butting in. :p Will you, Becca? You're so good at it. :D :p

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:28 AM
Okay Steam, you had my support and you just lost it :p

I don't like the yankees, because I like the underdog.

I ldon't like overwhelming faves *yawn*

I like to see them lose :p

Its THAT simple.

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:29 AM
*hugs* Rebecca :kiss:

But's I'm very :sad: that no one is replying to my insults, despite the fact that I keep butting in. :p Will you, Becca? You're so good at it. :D :p

I am afraid I can't :o I've turned over a new leaf.

I'm a lover not a fighter :D

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:32 AM

No, I'm right.

Take away fans of teams that have a natural rivalry with the Yankees like the Orioles, Red Sox, and Mets. Fans of teams besides those three (and to a lesser extent the Blue Jays and D-Rays) have no reason to hate the Yankees other than the fact that they win. Would be like me hating the Reds. You take away the World Series championships and they are just the Mets. And I'm sorry but the Mets don't inspire such hateful reactions from most people despite the fact that they have a shitload of money themselves. But you factor in the winning, the money, the owner, etc and you get people who decide to hate them. If you want to hate them for winning, be my guest but at least admit it. How else do you explain random "Yankees suck" chants across the country and the idiots who see the need to say that to me when I wear a Yankee shirt and hat up here. People hate them because they win and their teams don't. It's that simple.

Hopefully, you can pull your head out of Scott's ass to understand that.

Tsk. Temper, temper!

I don't explain other people's random "Yankees suck" chants because, quite frankly, I don't care what teams other people like.

Personally, however, I hate the Yankees because my dad likes them. Oh, and because they're the Yankees, located in the North, which I more or less despise. :D

So sorry, sweetie, you're wrong after all. :kiss:

Scotso
10-06-2002, 01:32 AM
Steam, her head isn't up my ass. I understand why you would be confused.

Allow me to explain. Most people have a thing called FRIENDS, that they support and have common interests with. These people you rely on and put your faith in. It must be a difficult concept for a self-loathing loner like yourself, but I assure you such a thing does exist.

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:34 AM
Okay Steam, you had my support and you just lost it :p

I don't like the yankees, because I like the underdog.

I ldon't like overwhelming faves *yawn*

I like to see them lose :p

Its THAT simple.

Then why aren't the Yankees the "underdog"? Because they win. It is that simple.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:35 AM

I am afraid I can't :o I've turned over a new leaf.

I'm a lover not a fighter :D

*is stricken by a combination of shock and admiration and faints*

:D :p

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:37 AM

Personally, however, I hate the Yankees because my dad likes them. Oh, and because they're the Yankees, located in the North, which I more or less despise. :D

Fair enough answer but do you hate the Red Sox, Mets, etc? I mean they are located in the North too.

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:37 AM
*pokes Marly with a stick*

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:38 AM
Well the Angels are the "underdog" and they just won.

So um...? :p

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:41 AM
Steam, her head isn't up my ass. I understand why you would be confused.

Allow me to explain. Most people have a thing called FRIENDS, that they support and have common interests with. These people you rely on and put your faith in. It must be a difficult concept for a self-loathing loner like yourself, but I assure you such a thing does exist.

Everytime I think that you aren't a complete jackass you go and have a thread like this one. I thought you're post where you called me stupid took the cake but I think you have outdone yourself here. If you want to call someone kissing up to you constantly a "friend" then I have a shitload of them myself. However, I don't count many of them and the ones I don't like I tell to shut the fuck up. "Self-loathing loner". Whatever you say Scott, whatever you say.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:41 AM

Fair enough answer but do you hate the Red Sox, Mets, etc? I mean they are located in the North too.

But of course! However, they didn't make the playoffs, did they? Therefore their exisitence is irrelevent for the time being.

Show me a Northern team worthy of my time and attention, and I'll show you a liar.

Steam
10-06-2002, 01:44 AM
Well the Angels are the "underdog" and they just won.

So um...? :p

Yes, they won one series. However, if they keep doing this year in and year out then they will cease to be the "underdog", the scrappy team that everyone likes.

However, the Yankees can never be the "underdog" anymore due to their history, wealth, and oh yeah, the fact that they win.

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:45 AM
*grabs stick and pokes Rebecca back*

And Steam darlin' I argue with people because I disagree with them, not because I feel the need to suck up to friends. I think you're kind of misdefining the term "friend" by implying that. But it's not your fault you don't know me and my relationship with Scott. And honestly, no one should get too upset by what you say. After all, you're a Yankees fan. You obviously don't know any better. :kiss:

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:49 AM
*ouch*

Alright here is my theory:

Golleyt, Dr Marly, and Steam = the same person who likes to argue with oneself.

But do continue Golmarstea :kiss:

I love everyone :hearts:

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 01:49 AM
*Gives Rebecca a bandage*

Are you implying that one of my split personalities is Steam? Low blow.

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 01:52 AM
I'm implying at are all wonderfully diverse :D

and contained in the same body

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Rebecca :p :kiss:

Angele
10-06-2002, 02:02 AM
I just thought I'd pop in and hi since this seems like the place to be *cough*

:wavey:

And :kiss: for Rebecca! I think your group hug idea is wonderful :D :D

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 02:04 AM
oooh I feel so loved :hearts:

Everyone come over here and give me some lovin :D

*opens arms*

Murkofan
10-06-2002, 02:08 AM
*pokes Rebecca for good measure, but submits to the hug* :D

Puss-in-Boots
10-06-2002, 02:11 AM
*joins group hug* :D

Angele
10-06-2002, 02:11 AM
*pokes Marly and Rebecca* wouldn't wanna feel left out :p

Angele
10-06-2002, 02:13 AM
*hugs everybody* :D :kiss:

Scotso
10-06-2002, 02:46 AM
Update:

Anaheim Angels def. New York Yankees 3-1 :D

Oakland Athletics vs. Minnesota Twins 2-2

St. Louis Cardinals def. Arizona Diamondbacks 3-0 :rolleyes:

Atlanta Braves vs. San Francisco Giants 2-1 :D

Allie
10-06-2002, 03:29 AM
Go Angels :D

And Cat, I told ya Lou is staying :fiery:

Chloe le Bopper
10-06-2002, 06:08 AM
I'm so moved by this momentous occasion :sad:

the cat
10-06-2002, 03:03 PM
Yes Allie, you were right and I was wrong about Lou Piniella staying in Seattle. :( The Mets asked foe permission to speak to Piniella. But they were denied by the Mariners. But managing Seattle is actually a better situation for Lou than managing the Mets would be. With a little fine tuning, the Mariners could be a 100 win team again. Even in that tough Western division. As for the Mets, Lou will be thankful he didn't get a chance to take that job. All the Mets best players are on the downside of their careers. And that was proven the past 2 years.

And Lou Piniella wants to win World Series titles in both leagues. Only a couple of managers have done that. Lou guided the Cincinati Reds to the 1990 World Series title. So staying with the Mariners is his best chance at winning a World Series in the American League.

And congrats to the Angels for winning their first ever playoff series by beating the Yankees 3 games to 1! I'm still in shock how well the Angels hit that series. And I thought the Angels would be the easier opponent for the Yankees to beat than the A's would be. But Anaheim's suspect starting pitching just might catch up with them in the ALCS.

But hearing the tragic Donnie Moore story again yesterday during the Angels - Yankees game made me sad. :sad: And it made me think that there is too much emphasis put on winning and losing in sports. It's not supposed to be life and death. Is it? But it was in Donnie Moore's case. :(

Steam
10-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by the cat
But hearing the tragic Donnie Moore story again yesterday during the Angels - Yankees game made me sad. :sad: And it made me think that there is too much emphasis put on winning and losing in sports. It's not supposed to be life and death. Is it? But it was in Donnie Moore's case. :(

As much as I hate to disagree with someone as intelligent as yourself, I'm going to have to call bullshit on that.

They aren't paid millions of dollars to "go out there and get 'em, sport, but remember to HAVE FUN". This isn't Barney and Friends. Is it sad that Donnie Moore came to the point where he took his own life (and that of his wife if I remember correctly)? Of course. But Scott Norwood and Bill Buckner, both of whom committed far larger mistakes on a much larger stage are still surviving. When it all boils down to it, how is Donnie Moore really different than an advertising executive who just lost a multi-million dollar client and decides to take his own life? If you are depressed, you are depressed. But if you want you can continue to sit around the campfire singing Kumbyah.

the cat
10-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Steam, Donnie Moore's situation and the ad executive who lost a multi million dollar deal are probably very similar.

Donnie Moore gave up that home run to Steve Henderson. But the Angels tied the score in the bottom of the ninth and had the bases loaded with one out. They could have gotten Donnie Moore off the hook. But as fate has it, they didn't.

Scott Norwood missed a 47 yard field goal on a grass field that would have won the Super Bowl. But that was a tough kick. And the odds for him to make such a difficult kick were no better than 50/50, in my opinion. And for him to be made out the goat was wrong. The Buffalo defense had a hard time getting the ball back from the offense the entire game. And that was the real difference.

As for Bill Buckner. I cannot believe he is so villified in New England! The score was tied when the ball went through his legs that led to the winning run scoring in game 6 of the 1986 World Series. And the Red Sox manager John McNamara left Buckner in the game because he wanted him to experience a World Series win on the field. What a managing mistake! :eek: But the score was tied at the time. The Mets had the momentum, and might very well have gone on to win game 6 anyway. And the fleet Mookie Wilson might have even beaten Buckner to first base. By the way, the Red Sox had a 3-0 lead in game 7, and lost that lead too. At worst, Bill Buckner should share in the blame for the Red Sox losing the 1986 World Series. He was not the sole reason or even the main reason they lost. Calvin Schiraldi, Bob Stanley, John McNamara and Bill Buckner should share the blame. And it's a shame that Buckner's life was turned upside down because a ground ball went between his legs.

There is no question that athletes get paid alot of money for playing sports. And they receive alot of glory for winning. But the price some of them pay for losing can be very costly. There lives are changed forever for the worse beacause of a game. Think about it.

As for the Yankees, I hope General manager Brian Cashman doesn't take alot of heat or even get the axe over the Yankees playoff horror show. That would be a mistake.

Congrats to the Twins for advancing to the ALCS! :bounce: I'm surprised they beat the A's with their starting pitching. I wonder what the Commisioner thinks of the Twins great year after he wanted to contract them? The more I think about it, the more I want to see Major League Baseball Commisioner Bud Selig award the World Series trophy to the Minnesota Twins! :)

warfreakbix
10-07-2002, 12:09 PM
I want to see the Cardinals and the Angels for the World Series! Now that will truly be a Red October! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Goodluck to both teams, and to a lesser degree to the Atlanta Braves! :D :D :D

Scotso
10-07-2002, 04:23 PM
Atlanta tied with San Fran now.

C'mon Braves!

Chloe le Bopper
10-08-2002, 08:42 AM
:eek:

All 4 underdogs won their division series :eek:

Scotso
10-08-2002, 09:50 AM
Murp.

Oh well, go Angels!

:drool: David Eckstein :drool:

Steam
10-08-2002, 10:14 AM
David Eckstein = another good Red Sox move. Still troubling to know that the Yankees were eliminated by a little twerp like him. Oh well.

Then again if I were a Braves fan I would be used to the heartbreak. "Hey hey look at us, we got Gary Sheffield, it's going to be different this year....." UM NO!

Scotso
10-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Poor Steam, still bitter.

Penis envy? If you think Eckstein is a little twerp perhaps you should try and do better ;)

Scotso
10-08-2002, 10:34 AM
... seeing as how your Yankees already tried and failed.

And yes, Braves fans are used to this, but we're still fans. That's what separates us from your fickle Yankalots.

Chloe le Bopper
10-08-2002, 11:33 AM
Steam that was awfully bitter of you.

No bone throwing from me for that :p

Steam
10-08-2002, 10:43 PM
There are front runner fans everywhere however as I told you in the past, I'm not one of them. They will be back next year. George won't tolerate failure three years in a row.

And Eckstein is a little twerp but he did what he had to do and something the Yankees used to be able to do themselves.

Penis envy?

As for this, please.

Scotso
10-28-2002, 03:11 AM
ANGELS WIN :D :D :D :D :D

Jorge
10-28-2002, 03:15 AM
i just want to remark that one of the votes that are in the poll to Anaheim was mine;) i am not lying. Since i am a Dodger's fan and since they have not qualified. I wanted the Angels to win the whole thing

Go Angels!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Giants and Yanks sucks!:bounce:

Go Nalby
10-28-2002, 03:36 AM
Way to go Anaheim!! :) :bounce: :bounce:

TheGuy
10-28-2002, 03:40 AM
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH SORRY BECCA :p

Allie
10-28-2002, 04:05 AM
ah pfffffff

the cat
10-30-2002, 01:24 AM
I feel badly for the San Francisco Giants! :( They let the World Series championship slip away. But credit must go to the Anaheim Angels for their tenacity and talent! :)