Zagreb Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 7, 2013) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Zagreb Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated February 7, 2013)

smucav
12-21-2012, 02:05 AM
Tournament Name: PBZ ZAGREB INDOORS
Dates: 4–10 FEBRUARY, 2013
Prize Money: €410,200 (Total Financial Commitment €467,800)
28 (Q32) DRAW

SITE: DOM SPORTOVA
TRG KRESIMIRA COSICA 11
10000 ZAGREB
SURFACE: RuKortHard
BALL: TRETORN SERIE+
WEB SITE: www.zagrebindoors.com

Qualifying draw: Friday, February 1, 9:00 p.m.
Main draw: Saturday, February 2, TBA
Doubles draw: Saturday, February 2, 2:00 p.m.

ATP Ranking Points
W: 250
F: 150
SF: 90
QF: 45
R16: 20 (Seeds 1-4: 0)
R32: 0
Q: +12
Q8: 6
Q16: 0
Q32: 0

Entry deadline: December 24, 2012
Seeding: January 28, 2013

1 Cilic, Marin CRO 15
OUT Seppi, Andreas ITA 23
3 Youzhny, Mikhail RUS 25
4 Melzer, Jurgen AUT 29
5 Klizan, Martin SVK 30
6 Baghdatis, Marcos CYP 36
7 Dimitrov, Grigor BUL 48
8 Lacko, Lukas SVK 51
9 Zemlja, Grega SLO 55
10 Haase, Robin NED 56
11 Becker, Benjamin GER 65
OUT Muller, Gilles LUX 67
13 Sijsling, Igor NED 68
14 Dodig, Ivan CRO 72
15 Rosol, Lukas CZE 73
OUT Kubot, Lukasz POL 74
OUT Phau, Bjorn GER 75
OUT Donskoy, Evgeny RUS 81
19 Devvarman, Somdev IND @85
20 Bedene, Aljaz SLO 86
21 Kavcic, Blaz SLO 94
22 (Q) BERRER, Michael GER
23 (Q) PETZSCHNER, Philipp GER
24 (Q) BOZOLJAC, Ilija SRB
25 (Q) VEGER, Filip CRO
26 (WC) Mektic, Nikola CRO
27 (WC) Pavic, Mate CRO
28 (WC) Veic, Antonio CRO
(LL) VIOLA, Matteo ITA (replaces Kubot)
(LL) Marcan, Dino CRO (replaces Seppi)

Alternates
IN Cipolla, Flavio ITA 95
IN Kamke, Tobias GER 98
IN Karlovic, Ivo CRO 100
OUT Kukushkin, Mikhail KAZ 107
OUT Sela, Dudi ISR 109
OUT Bemelmans, Ruben BEL 111
1. Haider-Maurer, Andreas AUT 112
OUT Berankis, Ricardas LTU 113
OUT Jaziri, Malek TUN 116
2. Serra, Florent FRA 118
3. Ouanna, Josselin FRA 120
4. Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 122
5. Bachinger, Matthias GER 123
OUT Bogomolov Jr., Alex RUS 129
6. Veic, Antonio CRO 131 (WC to MD)

fran70
12-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Inspite of there is not a top 10 player the quality of players is really good. I'm really looking to follow this tournament.

petar_pan
12-28-2012, 06:21 AM
First 8 plus Muller, Dodig, Hasse (maybe Devvarman)... seems good.
Cilic, Youzhny, Baghdatis and Melzer are big names.

JurajCrane
01-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Klizan - Lacko final and I will eat my shoes with ketchup. :lol:

Yves.
01-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Great to see so many Eastern European players!

petar_pan
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Great to see so many Eastern European players!

That was my first thought, really.

Chip & Charge
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Hope Dimitrov can claim his first ATP title!

petar_pan
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Hope Coric will get QWC, Pavic and Delic WC. They should go for WC for Karlovic. That guys really deserved that.

Gillouthe best
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Dimitrov should claim his 1st ATP here if he plays like he did in Brisbane ( Cilic & Youzhny don't seem to be on top form), and I would also love to watch slovenian trio ( Bedene, Kavcic, Zemlja) do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

Blue Heart24
01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Pretty good list,aside the fact that there's only 1 top 20 player.But overall,I think the list is quite better than last few years.Can't wait for the tournament :D

Klizan - Lacko final and I will eat my shoes with ketchup. :lol:

Klizan-Lacko final and I will tear up my Sunday ticket :o ;)

Yves.
01-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Pretty good list,aside the fact that there's only 1 top 20 player.But overall,I think the list is quite better than last few years.Can't wait for the tournament :D

Klizan-Lacko final and I will tear up my Sunday ticket :o ;)

In terms of nationality, it is pretty cool. Croatians can understand Slovaks right? And vice versa.

Deathless Mortal
01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Croatians can understand Slovaks right? And vice versa.

Not completely. I've never really tried to talk to a Slovak in some kind of a mixed Cro-Svk language, but I have met Ivo Klec last summer in Umag, and when I talked to my friends in Croatian Ivo was asked (by ERV :D) if he understood us, and he said he only understood small parts of it.

JurajCrane
01-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Not completely. I've never really tried to talk to a Slovak in some kind of a mixed Cro-Svk language, but I have met Ivo Klec last summer in Umag, and when I talked to my friends in Croatian Ivo was asked (by ERV :D) if he understood us, and he said he only understood small parts of it.

Yes, only few common words. Slovaks understand Czechs without problems (obvious reasons) and only little problems in comunication are with Polish people.

Croats, Serbians, Russians are more problematic, but one can get through it if he tries hard :lol:

Yves.
01-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Yes, only few common words. Slovaks understand Czechs without problems (obvious reasons) and only little problems in comunication are with Polish people.

Croats, Serbians, Russians are more problematic, but one can get through it if he tries hard :lol:

I've seen Slovaks ordering in restaurants and buying things in shops speaking Slovakian in Croatia, and it kind of worked, that's why I asked.

petar_pan
01-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I have been in Bratislava last week and 80-90% of people understand Croatian. Because all of them have been on, how they say, Slovensko more (Slovakian sea, Adriatic sea) and our languages are similar. I understood them too. It's not hard to understand when you just try to.

Yves.
01-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I have been in Bratislava last week and 80-90% of people understand Croatian. Because all of them have been on, how they say, Slovensko more (Slovakian sea, Adriatic sea) and our languages are similar. I understood them too. It's not hard to understand when you just try to.

I knew it! Thanks for this information. There are so many Slovak tourists in the Dalmatian coastal region (in summer).

petar_pan
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
I knew it! Thanks for this information. There are so many Slovak tourists in the Dalmatian coastal region (in summer).

Yeah, and all of them going just in Dalmatia.
I am from Istria, and I mean there is alot of Czechs/Slovaks in summer time here but when I asked them, or they just said (and I spoke with alot of ppl) to me "I have been in Dalmatia on vacations". They even didn't know for Istria, just Rijeka.
What is your connection with Croatia? I assume you are just tourist from Netherlands.

Yves.
01-11-2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah, and all of them going just in Dalmatia.
I am from Istria, and I mean there is alot of Czechs/Slovaks in summer time here but when I asked them, or they just said (and I spoke with alot of ppl) to me "I have been in Dalmatia on vacations". They even didn't know for Istria, just Rijeka.
What is your connection with Croatia? I assume you are just tourist from Netherlands.

Interesting that they don't even know of Istria. The west coast of Istria has become too touristy for my liking.
I am more than 'just' a tourist from Nizozemska. I've been going to Croatia every summer since 2001. And that ignited my interest in the history and culture of the Balkan peninsula, and Croatia in particular. So two years ago I did a research project about Yugoslavia in the 20th century. Conducting interviews with Croats in the Zadar region, and also teachers at my school (a Macedonian, Serb and Greek). That historic research has made me even more interested, and now I am studying history at university, planning to do a master at Mostar university (Croatian-language university). If everything goes well I also want to get my doctorate at some Yugoslavian university. And prob try and find a job in the region, and live there.

So, I think I am more than just a tourist!

petar_pan
01-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Interesting that they don't even know of Istria. The west coast of Istria has become too touristy for my liking.
I am more than 'just' a tourist from Nizozemska. I've been going to Croatia every summer since 2001. And that ignited my interest in the history and culture of the Balkan peninsula, and Croatia in particular. So two years ago I did a research project about Yugoslavia in the 20th century. Conducting interviews with Croats in the Zadar region, and also teachers at my school (a Macedonian, Serb and Greek). That historic research has made me even more interested, and now I am studying history at university, planning to do a master at Mostar university (Croatian-language university). If everything goes well I also want to get my doctorate at some Yugoslavian university. And prob try and find a job in the region, and live there.

Wow, cool story.
Yeah, you are than more than tourist.
I wish you a luck. :)

dinkulpus
01-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Come to Bulgaria to make master :p

Yves.
01-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Come to Bulgaria to make master :p

Been seriously thinking about that. What's a good university for history?

dinkulpus
01-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Been seriously thinking about that. What's a good university for history?

Sofia University is good, also there are some good uni not in the capital, but life and chances for good career is Sofia ;)
About Mostar it is an amazing city :inlove:

petar_pan
01-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Sofia University is good, also there are some good uni not in the capital, but life and chances for good career is Sofia ;)
About Mostar it is an amazing city :inlove:

About Mostar: that is not a fairytale. That is 2 towns in one (Croat's and Bosniak's part) and you don't have almost any chance for a good life. Only if you are some extraordinary student or they need a foreign person, which is I think very possible.
I have been there and people are really crazy and divided. They (young guys) are fighting each other on day basis all time long. It's like that almost anybody switching a red line (all genders, ages etc; the biggiest steet in the town), divied a city on two completely opposite sides. It's not town for a good living.
Old town of Mostar (Bosniak's part) is extra beauty and it's nice to see but not to be.

dinkulpus
01-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I just passed Mostar this autumn travelling for Dubrovnik :D

Yves.
01-12-2013, 02:15 PM
About Mostar: that is not a fairytale. That is 2 towns in one (Croat's and Bosniak's part) and you don't have almost any chance for a good life. Only if you are some extraordinary student or they need a foreign person, which is I think very possible.
I have been there and people are really crazy and divided. They (young guys) are fighting each other on day basis all time long. It's like that almost anybody switching a red line (all genders, ages etc; the biggiest steet in the town), divied a city on two completely opposite sides. It's not town for a good living.
Old town of Mostar (Bosniak's part) is extra beauty and it's nice to see but not to be.

I just passed Mostar this autumn travelling for Dubrovnik :D

I realise that, I'm there to study for a year, not live all my life. Hopefully I can get in a Dalmatian university.

Springer89
01-16-2013, 06:36 PM
WCs to Ivo Karlovic, Antonio Veic and Mate Pavic
Source: tournament website (http://www.zagrebindoors.com/vijesti.php?id=0024)

petar_pan
01-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Who will get QWC?

posteni
01-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Karlović is no.3 at Alt list, so has a good chance to enter MD after some withdrawals, that regularily occur. For Veić is maybe better idea to go through qualies . He is not that young any more, and he used some WC's in Zagreb already. IT's time for some younsters to get their chance.

Blue Heart24
01-21-2013, 11:08 AM
The way Karlovic's been playing lately it wouldnt hurt him to play qualies and get a few wins,but then again he might not pass them :lol:

petar_pan
01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Karlović is no.3 at Alt list, so has a good chance to enter MD after some withdrawals, that regularily occur. For Veić is maybe better idea to go through qualies . He is not that young any more, and he used some WC's in Zagreb already. IT's time for some younsters to get their chance.

Karlovic, Veic and Mate Pavic allready got WC's.

I hope Coric will get QWC and DC call, to be 5th player. That would be great for him. He could gaine exepriance which will help him.

posteni
01-22-2013, 09:41 AM
Karlovic, Veic and Mate Pavic allready got WC's...

It looks to me quite unreasonablly to give him a WC so much in advance, because he'll make MD directly for sure due to withdrawals.

born_on_clay
01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
good luck Łukasz and Grigor !

kr1s71an
01-27-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm hoping Grigor will win his first title here!

petar_pan
01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Coric got QWC!!!

andy_MUGray
01-28-2013, 07:16 PM
any possible withdrawals ???

petar_pan
01-28-2013, 09:44 PM
any possible withdrawals ???

WC Veic probably, ankle.

nolesfan2011
01-29-2013, 06:56 PM
Seppi is consistent, but good breakthrough opportunity for Lacko, Zemlja and Bedene here. Dimitrov of course, if he shows up

Agrajag
02-01-2013, 06:56 PM
It would have been so cool if Berrer had been awarded a WC here.
He is the king of Zagreb after all.