Week 44 : Paris Sweetspot
Week 45 : WTF London Sweetspot

supertec
12-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Need managers

CoolyBri
12-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd like to manage AO.
I can do week 1, too. I guess it's too late for a decent poll, so I'd just take Doha as it has the best players.

lucian_iasi
12-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Sydney/Auckland
Rotterdam
Miami
If it's possible

Hidalgo
01-02-2013, 09:55 AM
Week 8 : Memphis
one event in this year only:D

Direnan
01-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Indian Wells.

Puschkin
01-09-2013, 06:06 AM
I can do Montpellier/Zagreb/Santiago!

dinkulpus
01-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone :worship:

Jovard
01-09-2013, 08:32 PM
What's up Sydney tournament managing...Day 4 coming up in few hours but still no updates since day 1, even no new OOP since the first day.

rvugt
01-09-2013, 10:07 PM
What's up Sydney tournament managing...Day 4 coming up in few hours but still no updates since day 1, even no new OOP since the first day.

Well, it sometimes happens. And actually for suicide tennis it is not that big of a problem. But I will ask the manager why he doesn't update!

bry17may
01-10-2013, 02:17 AM
I'd like to manage Dubai/Acapulco

dinkulpus
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
We filled everything till the end of March :worship:
I will take Monte carlo :inlove:

Hidalgo
02-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Week 8 : Memphis
one event in this year only:D

:eek: OMG, I'll manage TT event on Tennis forum on the week 8. i thought different weeks:D but I was wrong. i think, two tournament in one week are too difficult for beginner.:confused: So can i change my Suicide tournament with anybody or can i do Houston/Casablanca instead Memphis:p

Direnan
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
I can need a BU for IW (Is a small chance, but it exists).

bry17may
02-07-2013, 01:51 PM
:eek: OMG, I'll manage TT event on Tennis forum on the week 8. i thought different weeks:D but I was wrong. i think, two tournament in one week are too difficult for beginner.:confused: So can i change my Suicide tournament with anybody or can i do Houston/Casablanca instead Memphis:p

If you want we can change, I have Dubai in week 9 and I also have DTT in that week and I'm a beginner too.

Hidalgo
02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
If you want we can change, I have Dubai in week 9 and I also have DTT in that week and I'm a beginner too.

many thanks, bry17may:worship: so we change tournaments and Week 9: Dubai/Acapulco for me.:yippee:

bry17may
02-18-2013, 06:35 AM
I can need a BU for IW (Is a small chance, but it exists).

I can be a BU for Indian Wells :D

And I want to take Houston/Casablanca

Direnan
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I can be a BU for Indian Wells :D

And I want to take Houston/Casablanca
Thanks Bry!

lucian_iasi
03-28-2013, 01:39 PM
I can take Barcelona

Matthew2408
03-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I'd like to become a manager for the first time, could I possibly do Estoril/Munich?

dinkulpus
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
It's yours, I will update first page now :)

lucian_iasi
04-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I take Madrid & Roland Garros

Matthew2408
04-28-2013, 07:25 PM
Can I do Rome please?

dinkulpus
04-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Of course :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App (http://www.verticalsports.com/mobile)

bry17may
04-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Give me Nice/Dusseldorf

CoolyBri
05-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Wimbledon, please.
I can also manage the tournaments until then, if needed - would be more than happy if anyone else was up that, though.

T.C
05-30-2013, 08:53 PM
I'd like to volunteer, but can I "apprentice" with someone first so I can learn how managers keep track of picks, suicides, etc? I'm a quick study and have time.

rvugt
05-30-2013, 10:25 PM
If needed I can do one of the preparation tournaments. Let me know who takes the other one, either Halle/Queens or 's Hertogenbosch/Eastbourne are fine!

lucian_iasi
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I take Halle/Queens if anyone not want this tournaments

rvugt
06-06-2013, 09:28 PM
I take Halle/Queens if anyone not want this tournaments

I can also take it. Just let me know what you prefer?

lucian_iasi
06-08-2013, 12:15 PM
I take Halle/Queens

Litotes
06-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I'll take Eastbourne. Kind of a last minute decision...wasn't aware the week was unspoken for.

bry17may
07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Newport/Bastad/Stutgart for me

rvugt
07-02-2013, 09:49 PM
The poll is open, please let us know which tournament you would prefer to play next week!

bry17may
07-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Like no one is taking Hamburg I will do it the next week ;)

Litotes
07-14-2013, 07:29 AM
I can take week 30, Gstaad/Umag/LA

Sapeod
07-18-2013, 04:50 PM
I shall manage Washington. I can also do Toronto and Cincinnati, if required.

rvugt
07-20-2013, 10:05 PM
I can take week 30, Gstaad/Umag/LA

It is yours! And actually, as it is already late for opening a poll, I guess you can choose which one. Although I will open a poll now, as we have a day left!

Edit: You did the poll already! Great!

Litotes
07-20-2013, 11:10 PM
It is yours! And actually, as it is already late for opening a poll, I guess you can choose which one. Although I will open a poll now, as we have a day left!

Edit: You did the poll already! Great!

I was perhaps a bit forward, but I assumed it was OK as noone disagreed with me and claimed the week for themselves.

rvugt
07-21-2013, 12:13 AM
I was perhaps a bit forward, but I assumed it was OK as noone disagreed with me and claimed the week for themselves.

I think it was. Just was checking and I think it would be better if someone says it is okay! But good luck!

Sweetspot
07-23-2013, 04:56 AM
Q:i there a thread that explains the daily duties of a manager?

thx

:dance:

rvugt
07-23-2013, 06:35 AM

thx

No, there isn't. As managing isn't that hard for this game.

Litotes
07-23-2013, 06:49 AM

thx

Basically you just copy what the other managers do :) I saved a couple of older threads to look at before my first managing "gig". And I remembered from playing how often new information was supplied.

Sapeod
07-23-2013, 02:31 PM
So, I assume I'm allowed Washington then?

rvugt
07-23-2013, 02:39 PM
So, I assume I'm allowed Washington then?

Sure! It is yours! The other tournaments you mentioned can be yours as well if you want!

Sapeod
07-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Great, I'll do them. If nobody wants Winston-Salem I'll take that too, if necessary. I'll leave the US Open to one of the more experienced managers.

Sweetspot
07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Basically you just copy what the other managers do :) I saved a couple of older threads to look at before my first managing "gig". And I remembered from playing how often new information was supplied.

for example ......... how does a manager know whether a player actually posted his/her pick before the match officially started?

:confused:

rvugt
07-28-2013, 01:08 PM
for example ......... how does a manager know whether a player actually posted his/her pick before the match officially started?

Well, deadline is the start of the first match. So, it is not different per match. If the first match starts at 10 am local time, all picks after that won't count!

Sapeod
07-28-2013, 05:19 PM
I shall open Washington now!

Sweetspot
07-29-2013, 02:43 AM
Well, deadline is the start of the first match. So, it is not different per match. If the first match starts at 10 am local time, all picks after that won't count!

so the official start time is whatever the schedule says it will be, even if the start of the first match is delayed?

cuz if it is delayed, how would the manager know?

bry17may
07-29-2013, 06:38 AM
so the official start time is whatever the schedule says it will be, even if the start of the first match is delayed?

You can see the start time in sites like flashscore (flashscore.com) or xscores (xscores.com) :wavey:

CoolyBri
07-29-2013, 08:53 AM

Picks must be posted (and accepted) until the first point of the first match of the day is played. Usually most players post much earlier (or not at all), but there is no strict deadline known before (like in TT).

Sweetspot
07-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Picks must be posted (and accepted) until the first point of the first match of the day is played. Usually most players post much earlier (or not at all), but there is no strict deadline known before (like in TT).

You can see the start time in sites like flashscore (flashscore.com) or xscores (xscores.com) :wavey:

thanks for the info! :)
Never saw either of those sites before, so I went over there to check on a current match, namely, Kitzbuhel: Zeballos/Fischer ...
do I interpret correctly that the first site says the match started at "5:35"
and the second site says that the match staretd at "5:30" .....

Question: Which time should a manager go by?

Thx

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a91shf.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/w9z787.jpg

Litotes
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
thanks for the info! :)
Never saw either of those sites before, so I went over there to check on a current match, namely, Kitzbuhel: Zeballos/Fischer ...
do I interpret correctly that the first site says the match started at "5:35"
and the second site says that the match staretd at "5:30" .....

Question: Which time should a manager go by?

Zeballos - Fischer is not interesting from a managers point of view. The only interesting match is the first of the day. That was Mayer - De Schepper, and this match started 11.10 local time, 3˝ hours ahead of Zeballos - Fischer, so deadline for all players, regardless of who they pick, would have been 11.10 CET. As to the exact starting point, which can be given as both 11.05 and 11.10, this will rarely be a problem. No players are trying to delay their picks to the last minute, all picks will usually be in before 11.00. If you are in doubt, ask for help. Someone will have seen the match or followed livescore as it began and know the precise starting point.

Sweetspot
07-29-2013, 01:56 PM
Zeballos - Fischer is not interesting from a managers point of view. The only interesting match is the first of the day. That was Mayer - De Schepper, and this match started 11.10 local time, 3˝ hours ahead of Zeballos - Fischer, so deadline for all players, regardless of who they pick, would have been 11.10 CET. As to the exact starting point, which can be given as both 11.05 and 11.10, this will rarely be a problem. No players are trying to delay their picks to the last minute, all picks will usually be in before 11.00. If you are in doubt, ask for help. Someone will have seen the match or followed livescore as it began and know the precise starting point.

k so I see what youre saying, but how can there be two different correct answers? seems an unnecessary complication to have to consult another manager to figure out the correct start time ..... if i were the manager my inclination would be to always pick the latest time available for game participants' sakes ..... and it does seem as if youre telling me that would be totally cool ..... right? :worship:

Litotes
07-29-2013, 02:01 PM
k so I see what youre saying, but how can there be two different correct answers? seems an unnecessary complication to have to consult another manager to figure out the correct start time ..... if i were the manager my inclination would be to always pick the latest time available for game participants' sakes ..... and it does seem as if youre telling me that would be totally cool ..... right? :worship:

Yes, normally if two times are given that means one is the official scheduling (given beforehand) and the other is when the match actually began, which is always a few minutes later. So going with the latest time have - in my experience - never been wrong yet.

Sweetspot
07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes, normally if two times are given that means one is the official scheduling (given beforehand) and the other is when the match actually began, which is always a few minutes later. So going with the latest time have - in my experience - never been wrong yet.

excellent! ..... clarification much appreciated!

Sapeod
08-04-2013, 02:34 AM
I shall open the Montreal thread when I wake up tomorrow.

Sapeod
08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I won't be able to do Cincinnati. I'm quite busy and won't have time to update everything! Could someone else perhaps do it?

Sweetspot
08-11-2013, 05:26 PM
I won't be able to do Cincinnati. I'm quite busy and won't have time to update everything! Could someone else perhaps do it?

Hi, Sapeod! :wavey:
Could you please mention how much time per day is required to maintain the Suicide thread in a timely fashion?

It may be too late for Cincy 2013, as there are two main draw matches today, but for future reference or possible Monday start?

thanks

p.s. If Sapeon doesnt see this question, could a moderator give me a clue?
thx

CoolyBri
08-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I will take over Cincy.

@Sweetspot: Usually it takes not more than ~10-15 minutes per day, if you are used to it. It may take longer the first few times, though.

Litotes
08-11-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi, Sapeod! :wavey:
Could you please mention how much time per day is required to maintain the Suicide thread in a timely fashion?

It may be too late for Cincy 2013, as there are two main draw matches today, but for future reference or possible Monday start?

thanks

p.s. If Sapeon doesnt see this question, could a moderator give me a clue?
thx

It's always Monday start except for Indian Wells and Miami - even though we are aware several tournaments start on Sunday this is what players are used to. So todays two matches will not count for anything here.

Sweetspot
08-11-2013, 07:48 PM
^^ thx ... that makes sense! :)

K so ..... I doubt that I w/b able to do it in a quarter hour per day, but I could see myself devoting an hour or so per day without a problem ..... I won't be available for week 34, but

I can take Week 35 : US Open :yeah:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/tg1124/apost/9c372ba5-ef74-4109-8641-e39a7728509a.jpg

Litotes
08-11-2013, 07:58 PM
^^ thx ... that makes sense! :)

K so ..... I doubt that I w/b able to do it in a quarter hour per day, but I could see myself devoting an hour or so per day without a problem ..... I won't be available for week 34, but

I can take Week 35 : US Open :yeah:

Sounds good :) Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. I'm sure several of us will be available to answer, I sure intend to be.

This is last year's US Open thread, it will give you the point scale:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=208757

Sweetspot
08-11-2013, 08:47 PM
Sounds good :) Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. I'm sure several of us will be available to answer, I sure intend to be.

This is last year's US Open thread, it will give you the point scale:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=208757

Excellent! :)

Lucky that I have a little time to prepare ... I'll give it my best attention, and I appreciate your availability for consultation! :D

thx

Sapeod
08-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Just update every day after results and you'll be fine. You don't have to update everything all the time. You'll do fine, I'm sure. If not, I'll help if I have time.

Sweetspot
08-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Just update every day after results and you'll be fine. You don't have to update everything all the time. You'll do fine, I'm sure. If not, I'll help if I have time.

appreciate the encouragement! :)

and, come to think of it, I do have a question ;) ... where's the best place to get the day's results, in your opinion? (I ask because I've noticed that the official atp website isnt always johnny-on-the-spot, especially on the weekends.)

thx for helping :wavey:

Litotes
08-13-2013, 04:35 AM

and, come to think of it, I do have a question ;) ... where's the best place to get the day's results, in your opinion? (I ask because I've noticed that the official atp website isnt always johnny-on-the-spot, especially on the weekends.)

I use this place:
http://www.scoreboard.com/tennis/

Sapeod
08-13-2013, 10:29 PM

Usually, I head to the atp website and go to the live scoreboard. It's fairly reliable and even has challenger events:

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/main.html?year=2013&wkno=99&eventid=en&tour=&lang=&ref=http%3A//www.atpworldtour.com/

Sweetspot
08-14-2013, 12:18 AM
I use this place:
http://www.scoreboard.com/tennis/

Usually, I head to the atp website and go to the live scoreboard. It's fairly reliable and even has challenger events:

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/main.html?year=2013&wkno=99&eventid=en&tour=&lang=&ref=http%3A//www.atpworldtour.com/

THANK YOU BOTH ~~ this is getting fun :bigclap:

p.s. Maybe Litotes' link is "geographically undesirable" for us in the USA? ... cuz I kept getting this message when I clicked on your suggestion: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

Litotes
08-14-2013, 02:22 AM
p.s. Maybe Litotes' link is "geographically undesirable" for us in the USA? ... cuz I kept getting this message when I clicked on your suggestion: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

I don't think so. It has been used by many other in here. But for some reason, it's been down all day. Hopefully it will be back up soon. If not, then Sapeods suggestion is good enough.

CoolyBri
08-18-2013, 09:22 PM
There's still no thread for Winston Salem. I guess Sapeod still is too busy? :confused:

I'll open a thread, if Sapeod still is too busy I can manage Winston-Salem, too.

rvugt
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
There's still no thread for Winston Salem. I guess Sapeod still is too busy? :confused:

I'll open a thread, if Sapeod still is too busy I can manage Winston-Salem, too.

Great!

Sapeod
08-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I was busy last week and on Sunday too but I'm free now. Fortunately, you already opened the thread. I'll be able to do some of the small events after the US Open but I'll leave the slam to someone more experienced with this :yeah:

Sapeod
08-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I'll do Metz/St. Petersburg and Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur.

Then I'll take a break and let yous do Beijing and Shanghai.

Then, I'll do Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and Basel/Valencia.

Then, I'll let someone else do the final two tournaments of the year (Paris/WTF) :yeah:

Is that okay with everyone? :)

Sweetspot
08-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I was busy last week and on Sunday too but I'm free now. Fortunately, you already opened the thread. I'll be able to do some of the small events after the US Open but I'll leave the slam to someone more experienced with this :yeah:

too late! :p

i'm practicing a few minutes a day to get ready for my trial by fire :D
but it's okay cuz i'm an american and may have an afinity for the USO ;)

BUT ... just in case ... a question has occurred to me:
With ?128? or so entrants it seems to me there have sometimes been two or even three days of round 1 (especially if it's so Climate Change as to rain a hurricaine as it did last year [or was that the year before that Rafa complained to high heaven?])

back to the question: Is that tricky at all? about labeling Day 1, Day 2, etc?

oh darn i'm not making sense ... guess i'm just wondering if it's hard to keep track of which matches are "on which days," with such a large Main Draw?

the answer is now occurring to me: I should just follow the old adage to cross that bridge when we come to it ...

Litotes
08-20-2013, 08:20 PM
BUT ... just in case ... a question has occurred to me:
With ?128? or so entrants it seems to me there have sometimes been two or even three days of round 1 (especially if it's so Climate Change as to rain a hurricaine as it did last year [or was that the year before that Rafa complained to high heaven?])

back to the question: Is that tricky at all? about labeling Day 1, Day 2, etc?

oh darn i'm not making sense ... guess i'm just wondering if it's hard to keep track of which matches are "on which days," with such a large Main Draw?

the answer is now occurring to me: I should just follow the old adage to cross that bridge when we come to it ...

You check the official OOP for the very first (Mon)day, and these are the matches one can pick from.

If some of them are left unstarted due to rain, they will still "belong" to Monday and cannot be picked Tuesday, even if they are played then. For Tuesday, only "New" matches can be picked.

Sweetspot
08-20-2013, 08:39 PM
You check the official OOP for the very first (Mon)day, and these are the matches one can pick from.

If some of them are left unstarted due to rain, they will still "belong" to Monday and cannot be picked Tuesday, even if they are played then. For Tuesday, only "New" matches can be picked.

thanks, Litotes! :)
That makes perfect sense ... keeping perfect track depends on getting it perfectly right the first day ... so I'm gonna depend on the MTF Players of USO Suicide to alert me to any errors i make ..... i've noticed it can be tricky when you're cutting and pasting from one list to the other :o

btw, i'm loving that spreadsheet thing .... strange that i've not used one before, but i'm liking it a lot! :worship:

Sapeod
08-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Since you're American, the times will be perfect for you. Easy to update scores, stats and whatnot. I'd have to be up until around 4/5am just to update stuff if I did it.

Good luck.

Sweetspot
08-22-2013, 11:21 PM
Since you're American, the times will be perfect for you. Easy to update scores, stats and whatnot. I'd have to be up until around 4/5am just to update stuff if I did it.

Good luck.

wow! :eek: ... i didnt realize you were living in Scotland ... that's a bit too much hardship, that schedule, especially since matches can go even past midnight here with the lights! ... and in light of that: TU 4 UR service in montreal!

p.s. I'm a French-Scots(Stuarts+Galloways)-Welsh-English-American still looking forward to visiting my roots someday!

http://i40.tinypic.com/98u9o9.gif

Sweetspot
09-02-2013, 03:10 AM
I'll do Metz/St. Petersburg and Bangkok/Kuala Lumpur.

Then I'll take a break and let yous do Beijing and Shanghai.

Then, I'll do Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and Basel/Valencia.

Then, I'll let someone else do the final two tournaments of the year (Paris/WTF) :yeah:

Is that okay with everyone? :)

obviously, i'm not everyone, but it's okay with me!

I'm putting in my bid for Paris ...

:smoke:

dinkulpus
09-02-2013, 04:58 AM
I will do Shanghai

Sapeod
09-03-2013, 05:33 PM
wow! :eek: ... i didnt realize you were living in Scotland ... that's a bit too much hardship, that schedule, especially since matches can go even past midnight here with the lights! ... and in light of that: TU 4 UR service in montreal!

p.s. I'm a French-Scots(Stuarts+Galloways)-Welsh-English-American still looking forward to visiting my roots someday!

http://i40.tinypic.com/98u9o9.gif
Let me just tell you it was a pain in the ass doing Washington and Montreal :lol:

Hope you enjoy it. Scotland is a beautiful place, if you avoid Glasgow :lol:

Litotes
09-05-2013, 09:57 AM
obviously, i'm not everyone, but it's okay with me!

I'm putting in my bid for Paris ...

:smoke:

Paris is yours!

Sweetspot
09-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I'll manage Beijing/Tokyo ...

but I'm not sure whether they begin tomorrow or the next day for us here in the States, and ATM the poll is tied 4-4 ...

edit:
K so ..... according to Wiki, both these main draw singles begin play on September 30, which for us in the States is next Monday ...

CoolyBri
09-28-2013, 12:55 PM
but I'm not sure whether they begin tomorrow or the next day for us here in the States, and ATM the poll is tied 4-4 ...

The first day for Suicide is always Monday (tournament timezone), even if the actual tournaments starts on Sunday.

Sweetspot
09-28-2013, 02:35 PM
The first day for Suicide is always Monday (tournament timezone), even if the actual tournaments starts on Sunday.

thanks! that's a very good rule :D ... i knew that

but I forgot! :o

:dog:

dinkulpus
09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
update first page, we need manager only for WTF in London :worship:

bry17may
10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Sapeod tell me by PM that he is very busy in this moment and he won't be online the next two weeks

So I will take Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and Basel/Valencia but if someone want to take this tournaments there is no problem for me ;)

Litotes
10-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Sapeod tell me by PM that he is very busy in this moment and he won't be online the next two weeks

So I will take Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and Basel/Valencia but if someone want to take this tournaments there is no problem for me ;)

I can do one of them if you want to. I was already prepared to do that, after witnessing Sapeod struggling with his earlier commitments. If you want both, great, if not tell me which one you'd rather unload.

bry17may
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I can do one of them if you want to. I was already prepared to do that, after witnessing Sapeod struggling with his earlier commitments. If you want both, great, if not tell me which one you'd rather unload.

Now is my turn to flip a coin, Heads I will make Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and tails I will make Basel/Valencia

And it was tails so you will manage the next week ;)

Litotes
10-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Now is my turn to flip a coin, Heads I will make Stockholm/Moscow/Vienna and tails I will make Basel/Valencia

And it was tails so you will manage the next week ;)

OK, I'm up for S/M/V :yeah: I'll open a "which one" thread soon.

Sweetspot
10-14-2013, 12:18 PM
update first page, we need manager only for WTF in London :worship:

so you still need someone ... guess I may as well volunteer for WTF ...
I'll be watching it all on TTV ... so why not manage at the same time?

Sweetspot :angel:

dinkulpus
10-14-2013, 01:04 PM
so you still need someone ... guess I may as well volunteer for WTF ...
I'll be watching it all on TTV ... so why not manage at the same time?

Sweetspot :angel:

It's yours :yeah:

dinkulpus
10-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Anyone who want to run this topic next year, for me it is not problem to do it again :)

Litotes
10-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Anyone who want to run this topic next year, for me it is not problem to do it again :)

Great if you'll do it next year too :yeah:

Sweetspot
12-18-2013, 02:57 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/10wmvcy.jpg

Great if you'll do it next year too :yeah:

hmmmmm ..... is dinkulpus the same as marto? :scratch:

TBH, the OP wasnt kept up to date in the second half last year ... which meant that every time there was a new tournament we had to read through the last page to find out which tournaments still needed managers and which didnt ..... true, the OP was updated on October 14, but from week 24 to week 44, it wasnt.

i'd be shocked if marto was actually banned ..... sooooooooo ... did someone hack marto's identity, then call it "banned"? :unsure:

if marto is actually banned, as it says under his/her ava, or even just very busy like last year, I volunteer to manage this thread for 2014

=====

oops nevermind ... i just noticed there's already a 2014 managers thread OP litotes

mystery still ongoing about the "banned" "hacker" of marto's identity :p

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=373393

----------------

just realized youre from norway, litotes ...... have you seen that netflix series titled "lilyhammer" ??? what do you think of it? i notice the writers are scandinavians?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfRgVbp9gSY

Litotes
12-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Sweetspot, you don't have to worry about Marto - dinkulpus now - being banned. He put it there as text, it is not forum information.

And yes, I am running the thread for 2014, and will be updating it regularly so looking at post #1 should provide the full picture. Atm week 1 and 2 are the only ones taken.

I have watched both seasons of Lilyhammer and greatly enjoyed it :) It is a Norwegian series, yes, with mainly Norwegian actors besides the main character played with aplomb by Little Steven. I hope the subtexts are good, of that I have no idea as I had no use for them, but I know subtexts in Norwegian can be quite poor.

Sweetspot
12-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Sweetspot, you don't have to worry about Marto - dinkulpus now - being banned. He put it there as text, it is not forum information.

And yes, I am running the thread for 2014, and will be updating it regularly so looking at post #1 should provide the full picture. Atm week 1 and 2 are the only ones taken.

I have watched both seasons of Lilyhammer and greatly enjoyed it :) It is a Norwegian series, yes, with mainly Norwegian actors besides the main character played with aplomb by Little Steven. I hope the subtexts are good, of that I have no idea as I had no use for them, but I know subtexts in Norwegian can be quite poor.

excellent! good that dinkulpus is here now and that you're running the ST managers thread .... yesterday was my first day back from vaca and somehow failed to notice the ST 2014 right there at the top cuz I linked via my 2013 subscriptions page

anyway ... there are some funny moments in "lilyhammer" (wonder why they didnt jsut call it "lillehammer" .... and that steven van zant is obviously a heinously talented guy what with his music and sopranos and now lily ..... i'm thinkin not to watch the third season cuz the second season had too much female nudity and degradation for my taste ... i mean forget about it ... as talented as he is van zant is ugly ... yes he has a certain charm and he is the survivor of a serious motor vehicle accident that scarred his head and injured his neck ... i do like the slice of norwegian life the show portrays, but i dont like the image that the crook from america is able to call the shots and force norweigan citizens to break the rules that are inconvenient for him by threat and corruption ... males aged 18 to 34 i suppose are the target audience cuz about half the scenes are shot inside The Flamingo, where evey conversation between fully clad men is spiced up with topless girls sashaying by and populating the background ... and not only does he get one woman pregnant with twins, but now at the end of the second season the leading man (and producer, writer, etc. of the show) now has himself doing scenes with a beautiful woman whose grandfather he could be and half the time she's draping nude on the floor, being his pillow, etc. .... too many mindless sexual situations and exploitive female nudity to sustain my interest thru a third season ..... and wouldnt it be nice if the writing were just a littel more respectful of norwegian manhood? :p

one thing we can all agree on is that you have a beautiful country! :rocker:

p.s. noticing more and more big stars of the past signing up as guest stars ... all male of course so far ... guess they have fun work days with topless girls playing scenes with them :o ..... cheap and low class ... but vanzant is one smart dude ... I predict 4 or 5 seasons before they run out of guest stars

is it common to have all that nudity in norway tv? kinda reminds me of benny hill years ago in u.k. ... here, they can have it on cable pay channels, but not on free network tv ... :shrug:

Litotes
12-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Great, then we're all set for the 2014 season :yeah:

I hope your vacation was a good one :)

The name of the series Lilyhammer instead of Lillehammer comes from when they were awarded the olympic games, back in 1988. The IOC president, not a Norwegian speaker, pronounced it that way live on TV (I don't blame him) and the scene became an instant classic here in Norway.

As for the Norwegian guys, they are a total parody. We're not expecting to recognize ourselves in them.

The female nudity, well, we see it everywhere, don't we? At least hereabouts. Too common to react to, I'm afraid. Haven't heard a word of protest locally. We see a lot of male nudity in Norwegian movies too, but I fully understand van Zandt's wish not to be undressed in the "pillow" scene....

Sweetspot
12-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Great, then we're all set for the 2014 season :yeah:

I hope your vacation was a good one :)

The name of the series Lilyhammer instead of Lillehammer comes from when they were awarded the olympic games, back in 1988. The IOC president, not a Norwegian speaker, pronounced it that way live on TV (I don't blame him) and the scene became an instant classic here in Norway.

As for the Norwegian guys, they are a total parody. We're not expecting to recognize ourselves in them.

The female nudity, well, we see it everywhere, don't we? At least hereabouts. Too common to react to, I'm afraid. Haven't heard a word of protest locally. We see a lot of male nudity in Norwegian movies too, but I fully understand van Zandt's wish not to be undressed in the "pillow" scene....

lol ... you got that right! :)

of course many countries broadcast nudity ... but in america not on free tv in a weekly series ... do they show it weekly on free tv in norway?

the whole thing with girls going around in nothing but pasties on top and porkies-type shots of the camera going up short-short clad girls backsides ... multiple times per episode ... that doesn't happen here in america.

then there's that "lesson" frank gives to the young son of the woman he impregnates with twins, the "women are food" lesson ... that was misogynistic and vile, going so far as to use the "P" word ... and to such a young boy at that! yuck that was a disgusting example of the way older men poison the minds of younger men against women by objectifying them and raising false expectations of mindless compliant blow-up dolls. I have no doubt that that is the actual philosophy of frank van zant, but in my mind it amounted to crass gutteral scree against women and was the last type of speech a popular male celebrity should be making in the guise of life instructions to a pubescent boy.

season one was pretty funny, I think, but the writing got more low class in season two, so i guess i've convinced myself not to watch anymore seasons regardless of how many there turn out to be :D

and is there a single norwegian male character who's not a mook on that program? i cant think of one atm ...

Litotes
12-21-2013, 06:42 AM
lol ... you got that right! :)

of course many countries broadcast nudity ... but in america not on free tv in a weekly series ... do they show it weekly on free tv in norway?

the whole thing with girls going around in nothing but pasties on top and porkies-type shots of the camera going up short-short clad girls backsides ... multiple times per episode ... that doesn't happen here in america.

then there's that "lesson" frank gives to the young son of the woman he impregnates with twins, the "women are food" lesson ... that was misogynistic and vile, going so far as to use the "P" word ... and to such a young boy at that! yuck that was a disgusting example of the way older men poison the minds of younger men against women by objectifying them and raising false expectations of mindless compliant blow-up dolls. I have no doubt that that is the actual philosophy of frank van zant, but in my mind it amounted to crass gutteral scree against women and was the last type of speech a popular male celebrity should be making in the guise of life instructions to a pubescent boy.

season one was pretty funny, I think, but the writing got more low class in season two, so i guess i've convinced myself not to watch anymore seasons regardless of how many there turn out to be :D

and is there a single norwegian male character who's not a mook on that program? i cant think of one atm ...

In European series they do, yes. Most series on local TV we get from your country, though, so I know what you're talking about. You reserve that kind of thing for films, not TV series. Which is fine by me, I never missed that aspect when watching one of the many US shows I've seen. I don't let it bother me when it's there, though. Europeans tend to have a more relaxed view abut nudity. Also, the whole series is a parody of what we expect from an American gangster. A lot of half-naked women is part of that, I guess. Same as the misogynistic attitude. "Feed the stereotype"-kind of thing.

I personally never expected this to be a hit internationally. I hope you'll find a better alternative to watch when they offer season 3 :)

All of them are mooks as far as I can remember.