*** The L'Yvo-fanclub *** 02 [Archive] - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

*** The L'Yvo-fanclub *** 02

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Servette did have a bankrupt (just like Lausanne 2 years ago) and now they play in the Erste Ligue (3rd division).... The stadium, from the inside is quite nice, but from the outside it sucks, really ugly I find...
Good to hear that Servette still exists. :) I thought the stadium was nice when Switzerland played Ireland (or was it Russia?) in Euro quali. :scratch:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Good to hear that Servette still exists. :) I thought the stadium was nice when Switzerland played Ireland (or was it Russia?) in Euro quali. :scratch:

Are you sure it was in Geneva :eek: ? I know they played Albania that's all I am aware of... Surely not Ireland coz I would have gone there to see the match... Russia :shrug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:33 PM
:rolls: Don't be jealous :p :angel:
Hehe, I am not jealous at all. :p But, this social phenomenon is amazing! :eek: But, it would be not too bad many women are crazy about me.. :devil:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
Soon it will be time for a Chiudi avatar :woohoo:
Ah, I understand now... You are going circle! Soon Chiudi and after that Gaudio!! :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Are you sure it was in Geneva :eek: ? I know they played Albania that's all I am aware of... Surely not Ireland coz I would have gone there to see the match... Russia :shrug:
Well, you shouldn't trust this. I have so unclear memory... Where was the nice looking stadium. A fan had a flag with number 1423 (I can't remember the exact number, but it was something like that.) And, I wondered what the number meant... We won or had a draw. Wasn't it in Geneva??

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Hehe, I am not jealous at all. :p But, this social phenomenon is amazing! :eek: But, it would be not too bad many women are crazy about me.. :devil:

I was just joking ;) Yeah it seems amazing!! :lol: you men :rolleyes: :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:41 PM
How is Ajax doing so far? (PSV is my favorite Dutch team!)

They did lose :rolleyes: played terrible, quite some important players injured, will be a great season again I guess...

maybe I have to stop talking with you then... I really H-A-T-E PSV :o I should cheer for them in European leagues, but I just can't. Terrible, stupid team :o but they're the best team in Holland atm sadly

Nymeria
So, are you getting Ajax on TV? :p
Yep, I had my mum on my side, coz I had told her friday I had to miss ajax coz we had visitors she knew I really wanted to see it today :p

Nathy
Ah, I understand now... You are going circle! Soon Chiudi and after that Gaudio!! :)

Indeed, you got it ;) I change every week... So know after midnight I will have a Chiudi Avatar for a week and next week Gaudio, and then Lambiel etc....

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:42 PM
because PSV is too much for Ajax!? :p

Sadly PSV is the best atm, but it's not just PSV. If ajax plays like this there are a lot more teams better than ajax.

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, you shouldn't trust this. I have so unclear memory... Where was the nice looking stadium. A fan had a flag with number 1423 (I can't remember the exact number, but it was something like that.) And, I wondered what the number meant... We won or had a draw. Wasn't it in Geneva??

:shrug: I don't remember of such a flag or so... but as I have unclear memory too maybe you're right then :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:43 PM
And Feyenoord (my favorite as well, because of Ono :D ) and PSV are troubling Ajax again this season.. :devil:
I dunno about Feyenoord, they haven't been really good last seasons. But if I have to choose I want Feyenoord to be champion, I respect that team.

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:44 PM
AZ? I don't know this team... :confused:
wonderful team, did really well in Holland and in Europe last two seasons. They're my 2nd fave team after ajax of course. (well should be fair actually they're tied on that place with two other teams, Liverpool and the world wide known *ahum* VVV :p)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Didn't your parents tape this??
They didn't see it theirself :p but no we don't have a videorecorder :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
I was just joking ;) Yeah it seems amazing!! :lol: you men :rolleyes: :p
Wouldn't it be a nice feeling for you, if many men are your fans!? :p :angel:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:48 PM
They did lose :rolleyes: played terrible, quite some important players injured, will be a great season again I guess...

maybe I have to stop talking with you then... I really H-A-T-E PSV :o I should cheer for them in European leagues, but I just can't. Terrible, stupid team :o but they're the best team in Holland atm sadly
I am sorry about PSV, I like the team because Johann Vogel used to play there, (he is now in AC Milan), oh well, I will not talk about PSV from now on... :tape: ;)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Yep, I had my mum on my side, coz I had told her friday I had to miss ajax coz we had visitors she knew I really wanted to see it today :p
Female is strong in a house, always!! Sorry for your bro. :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Indeed, you got it ;) I change every week... So know after midnight I will have a Chiudi Avatar for a week and next week Gaudio, and then Lambiel etc....
Oh, Stephane also!? That's nice! I saw him figure skating on TV in the new Hallenstadion!! He had an interview with SFDRS in German, and he spoke German quite well! :D

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:52 PM
Wouldn't it be a nice feeling for you, if many men are your fans!? :p :angel:

It is already the case :o :p No, of course it would be really nice :angel: :p

Nymeria
I am sorry about PSV, I like the team because Johann Vogel used to play there, (he is now in AC Milan), oh well, I will not talk about PSV from now on... :tape: ;)
Johann Vogel is nice, he's one of the very few (ex)PSVplayers I like. I guess the team will be a lot better now #@$(%)^*@ Van Bommel did leave, he made the team even worse. :p Ok I should stop about him now...

I should post a :bounce: btw. Kim Clijsters did win her final and Guillermo Coria did his final :yeah: seems my tennisfaves are doing well :)

Stevens Point
Sadly PSV is the best atm, but it's not just PSV. If ajax plays like this there are a lot more teams better than ajax.
I hope you don't hate Feyenoord.. :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Female is strong in a house, always!! Sorry for your bro. :p

And he had the luck my dad didn't want to watch tv otherwise it would've been 3 vs 1 :p He's the only one at home who doesn't like to watch sport

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:54 PM
:shrug: I don't remember of such a flag or so... but as I have unclear memory too maybe you're right then :p
Why this number!? I wondered always!! I still wonder!! :o
well, never mind... ;)

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh, Stephane also!? That's nice! I saw him figure skating on TV in the new Hallenstadion!! He had an interview with SFDRS in German, and he spoke German quite well! :D

Yeah every name that's in my sig will be as an avatar for a week :) I like this way of changing avys :D Yeah I saw him too but not the interview :( Yeah he does speak quite well and even if it wasn't the case, he is so cute when he tries to speak a foreign language (I remember when he tried to speak Italian :hearts: ) :angel:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I dunno about Feyenoord, they haven't been really good last seasons. But if I have to choose I want Feyenoord to be champion, I respect that team.
Good, then we can talk of Dutch soccer!! :D

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
I hope you don't hate Feyenoord.. :angel:
No Feyenoord is great, I was really happy when they did win the UEFA cup some years ago. Actually I did really like some players of that years team, Ono (yes he also made me cheer for Japan :p), Emerton ( :hearts: ), Smolarek, Elmander. They were great :yeah:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:58 PM
wonderful team, did really well in Holland and in Europe last two seasons. They're my 2nd fave team after ajax of course. (well should be fair actually they're tied on that place with two other teams, Liverpool and the world wide known *ahum* VVV :p)
Actually, I don't know so many Dutch teams,, Ajax, Feyenoord, cough cough!! VVV, Den Haag,,, :o

Nathy
07-31-2005, 08:58 PM
I should post a :bounce: btw. Kim Clijsters did win her final and Guillermo Coria did his final :yeah: seems my tennisfaves are doing well :)

My Carlos did lose :sad:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
It is already the case :o :p No, of course it would be really nice :angel: :p
If you become famous, someday... :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Actually, I don't know so many Dutch teams,, Ajax, Feyenoord, cough cough!! VVV, Den Haag,,, :o
it is ADO Den Haag ;)

VVV = Venlose Voetbal Vereniging (or Voetbal Verening Venlo :scratch: it's confusing with only V's in the name :p) it plays in the 2nd league, so it's not a real good team ;)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
yep I know, since Guille did win... :hug:

but I am so happy for Guille, he did really need it, does not really have a good season so far. And I am happy I could cheer him to the final, coz I hate the first round sopot draw (he plays Guga, and I always cheer for Guga unless he plays my two swiss guys).

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:02 PM
Johann Vogel is nice, he's one of the very few (ex)PSVplayers I like. I guess the team will be a lot better now #@$(%)^*@ Van Bommel did leave, he made the team even worse. :p Ok I should stop about him now...

Congrats to Kim and Coria!! :yeah: I am happy that Kim won against Venus, because Venus beat Patty yesterday... Oh, Patty... She had 5 match points and still lost the match... :sad:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:03 PM
Congrats to Kim and Coria!! :yeah: I am happy that Kim won against Venus, because Venus beat Patty yesterday... Oh, Patty... She had 5 match points and still lost the match... :sad:
FromPatty was really sad :sad: I prefered a Patty vs Kim final, my two fave wta-players. But I would've cheered for Kim anyway. I really would like it if Kim could win a grand slam title, she deserves it so much

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:04 PM
And he had the luck my dad didn't want to watch tv otherwise it would've been 3 vs 1 :p He's the only one at home who doesn't like to watch sport
Actually many dads and sons want to watch sports and many moms and daughters don't. Your family isn't like that! :cool:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Actually many dads and sons want to watch sports and many moms and daughters don't. Your family isn't like that! :cool:
I am the biggest sportfan at home, closely followed by my dad. My mum quite likes it as well :) I like it my family isn't like that :cool:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:11 PM
yep I know, since Guille did win... :hug:

but I am so happy for Guille, he did really need it, does not really have a good season so far. And I am happy I could cheer him to the final, coz I hate the first round sopot draw (he plays Guga, and I always cheer for Guga unless he plays my two swiss guys).

Carlitos needed it too because of his season too :sad: Fucking shoulder of his :fiery:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:12 PM
If you become famous, someday... :angel:

Even then it wouldn't be the case :lol:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah every name that's in my sig will be as an avatar for a week :) I like this way of changing avys :D Yeah I saw him too but not the interview :( Yeah he does speak quite well and even if it wasn't the case, he is so cute when he tries to speak a foreign language (I remember when he tried to speak Italian :hearts: ) :angel:
This is for you! :angel:
It is a 7 minutes 44 sec. program, and Staphane comes about after 5 minutes...
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/sp/2005/sp_07312005-450k.rm?start=0:57:33.226&end=1:05:17.660

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:14 PM
No Feyenoord is great, I was really happy when they did win the UEFA cup some years ago. Actually I did really like some players of that years team, Ono (yes he also made me cheer for Japan :p), Emerton ( :hearts: ), Smolarek, Elmander. They were great :yeah:
Ono is the only reason why I cheer for Feye! :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Carlitos needed it too because of his season too :sad: Fucking shoulder of his :fiery:
I know 'bout Carlos, injuries are annoying.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
:hug: Is he still far from 100%? Is his shoulder problem still bothering him?

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Ono is the only reason why I cheer for Feye! :)
a player can be a reason to start cheering for a team... I did never cheer for Manchester United till Van Nistelrooij started playing there, while I had cheered against Van Nistelrooij the seasons before coz he played for PSV :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:17 PM
it is ADO Den Haag ;)

VVV = Venlose Voetbal Vereniging (or Voetbal Verening Venlo :scratch: it's confusing with only V's in the name :p) it plays in the 2nd league, so it's not a real good team ;)
Aha, I thought this VVV is PSV for you.. :o

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:18 PM
FromPatty was really sad :sad: I prefered a Patty vs Kim final, my two fave wta-players. But I would've cheered for Kim anyway. I really would like it if Kim could win a grand slam title, she deserves it so much
I think she is the most favorite for US Open, I feel.. :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:19 PM
Aha, I thought this VVV is PSV for you.. :o
almost impossible to compare these two... coz PSV is a lot better and VVV is just too nice to be compared with stupid PSV :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I am so sorry for Moya this season so far. I hope he will be able to play his best soon!! :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:20 PM
I think she is the most favorite for US Open, I feel.. :angel:
I never place Kim as favourite for a grand slam tournament, coz so far she never proved that she can win a grand slam tournament. She can be the bestbefore the USO, she first has to prove that she can be mentally strong in the important matches on grand slam tournaments.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
a player can be a reason to start cheering for a team... I did never cheer for Manchester United till Van Nistelrooij started playing there, while I had cheered against Van Nistelrooij the seasons before coz he played for PSV :p
I will never be able to spell his name without looking at it.. :o

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:23 PM
I will never be able to spell his name without looking at it.. :o
:lol: it's not that hard :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
almost impossible to compare these two... coz PSV is a lot better and VVV is just too nice to be compared with stupid PSV :p
That's why I have never heard of VVV, either... :o

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:26 PM
This is for you! :angel:
It is a 7 minutes 44 sec. program, and Staphane comes about after 5 minutes...
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/sp/2005/sp_07312005-450k.rm?start=0:57:33.226&end=1:05:17.660

I am watching it, thank you so much Sweetie :worship: :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:26 PM
That's why I have never heard of VVV, either... :o
I am not surprised you've never heard of VVV, they're not well know, I am sure there are also quite some Dutch people (though non-soccerfans) who don't know about VVV :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:27 PM
I never place Kim as favourite for a grand slam tournament, coz so far she never proved that she can win a grand slam tournament. She can be the bestbefore the USO, she first has to prove that she can be mentally strong in the important matches on grand slam tournaments.
I said that, because she hasn't been beaten on US hardcourt this season (Indian Wells, Miami, and this tourny.. am I right?) . But what you are saying is also true, I think...

:eek: :eek: We are talking about tennis in this thread!! :eek: :eek:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:29 PM
:lol: it's not that hard :p
When I hear his name, I want to spell, Van Nistelroy, but it is Van Nistelrooij :confused: Nistelrooji?? What was his first name??

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:29 PM
:hug: Is he still far from 100%? Is his shoulder problem still bothering him?

I think it is not THE Carlos back yet but it seems he can serve quite strong without having pain so that's good anyway :D

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:30 PM
I am watching it, thank you so much Sweetie :worship: :angel:
Sure, you'll like it!! :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:30 PM
I said that, because she hasn't been beaten on US hardcourt this season (Indian Wells, Miami, and this tourny.. am I right?) . But what you are saying is also true, I think...

:eek: :eek: We are talking about tennis in this thread!! :eek: :eek:
yes Kim has been doing really well on US Hardcourt, so she's one of the favourite. But she would never been THE favourite imo coz she has proven wrong so often. I always follow her really good during tournies (coz she's always on Belgian tv of course) and there's a big diffrence between the WTA tournies and the grand slams, she just can't make it then.

Yes that's a surprise uh?! And it even is womenstennis, which is not really my fave

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
When I hear his name, I want to spell, Van Nistelroy, but it is Van Nistelrooij :confused: Nistelrooji?? What was his first name??
ah yes I see, I think quite some people would translate it that way. Actually it would be a possible writing of the name, but well he has the hard way for his name... van Nistelrooij (it is always ij, never ji ;) it's a Dutch combi of letters)

His first name is Ruud ;)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I am not surprised you've never heard of VVV, they're not well know, I am sure there are also quite some Dutch people (though non-soccerfans) who don't know about VVV :p
I don't even know so many Swiss 2nd league teams, either... :o The fact is, almost every city has a soccer team and many of them are playing in the challenge league (2nd league)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
I think it is not THE Carlos back yet but it seems he can serve quite strong without having pain so that's good anyway :D
Good to hear that he is recovering.. :D

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:33 PM
I am so sorry for Moya this season so far. I hope he will be able to play his best soon!! :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I don't even know so many Swiss 2nd league teams, either... :o The fact is, almost every city has a soccer team and many of them are playing in the challenge league (2nd league)
I dunno if I would be able to name all Dutch teams at once, but I know them all for sure. Coz i follow both the 1st and 2nd league

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
yes Kim has been doing really well on US Hardcourt, so she's one of the favourite. But she would never been THE favourite imo coz she has proven wrong so often. I always follow her really good during tournies (coz she's always on Belgian tv of course) and there's a big diffrence between the WTA tournies and the grand slams, she just can't make it then.

Yes that's a surprise uh?! And it even is womenstennis, which is not really my fave
I just hope she does well in a grandslam tourny, especially in the coming US Open... :) (but my favorite is of course Patty... :tape: )

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Sure, you'll like it!! :angel:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Thank you sooooooo much!!! Stephane skating on "Beautiful" from James Blunt is simply :hearts: lovely to watch! He is so cute when speaking German :angel:

THANK YOU

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:38 PM
I just hope she does well in a grandslam tourny, especially in the coming US Open... :) (but my favorite is of course Patty... :tape: )
Yes I hope they'll both do well, I would be happy if one of them would be win, but I like Kim a bit more than Patty.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:38 PM
ah yes I see, I think quite some people would translate it that way. Actually it would be a possible writing of the name, but well he has the hard way for his name... van Nistelrooij (it is always ij, never ji ;) it's a Dutch combi of letters)

His first name is Ruud ;)
:D Aha, I learned some Dutch rule!! Ah yes! Ruud van Nistelrooij!! is "van" "Van" or "van"?

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:39 PM
:D Aha, I learned some Dutch rule!! Ah yes! Ruud van Nistelrooij!! is "van" "Van" or "van"?

well if you write the first name, it should be: Ruud van Nistelrooij
but if you don't write his first name it should be: Van Nistelrooij

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:43 PM
I dunno if I would be able to name all Dutch teams at once, but I know them all for sure. Coz i follow both the 1st and 2nd league
Actually I don't follow domestic leagues that much.. I just see who is winning and who are top of the table, and so on... I don't know what is going on in the Swiss 2nd league... But, I do follow European championships!! :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Thank you sooooooo much!!! Stephane skating on "Beautiful" from James Blunt is simply :hearts: lovely to watch! He is so cute when speaking German :angel:

THANK YOU
I don't care much about things prior to Stephane, but his skaitng and interview in German is sure worth watching!! Glad you liked it!! :D

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Actually I don't follow domestic leagues that much.. I just see who is winning and who are top of the table, and so on... I don't know what is going on in the Swiss 2nd league... But, I do follow European championships!! :)

I don't watch Dutch 2nd league, but I always check the (live)scores and rankings, see how the clubs of my province are doing (VVV, MVV, Fortuna Sittard) and one of my fave 2nd league clubs (sparta) is doing. But kinda logical you can't follow it as good as first league (tho we never get whole matches of 1st league on tv). I also follow european championships :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes I hope they'll both do well, I would be happy if one of them would be win, but I like Kim a bit more than Patty.
The best would be both make it to the final... Then either you or I would become happy!! :cool:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:47 PM
well if you write the first name, it should be: Ruud van Nistelrooij
but if you don't write his first name it should be: Van Nistelrooij
OK! van is translated to from, right?

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:49 PM
The best would be both make it to the final... Then either you or I would become happy!! :cool:
Yes that would be a dream come true! And then a mens final with Roger (and preferable Guille as opponent), then I will have the best USO I could dream of (except for Marco winning, but that sounds like almost impossible :p)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:50 PM
I don't watch Dutch 2nd league, but I always check the (live)scores and rankings, see how the clubs of my province are doing (VVV, MVV, Fortuna Sittard) and one of my fave 2nd league clubs (sparta) is doing. But kinda logical you can't follow it as good as first league (tho we never get whole matches of 1st league on tv). I also follow european championships :)
Speaking of the European level, Dutch teams are doing quite well, but Swiss teams cannot go further... Will you also cheer for Swiss teams? :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:51 PM
OK! van is translated to from, right?
Yep :) so often Van is followed by the name of a place, tho often the spelling has changed of the place then. I think Nistelrooij comes from the town Nistelrode, but I am not sure :shrug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Yes that would be a dream come true! And then a mens final with Roger (and preferable Guille as opponent), then I will have the best USO I could dream of (except for Marco winning, but that sounds like almost impossible :p)
Marco in US Open final! :worship: :rolls: I want to see Roger vs Marco in the US Open final!!! It doesn't have to be this year, but he gets better and better, and in a few years...maybe... :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:53 PM
Speaking of the European level, Dutch teams are doing quite well, but Swiss teams cannot go further... Will you also cheer for Swiss teams? :p

Dutch teams aren't doing as well as before, tho last season was good with PSV far in Champions League and AZ in UEFA cup. But Holland is far behind on the level we used to have.

I have cheered for Switzerland (so players/teams depending on the sport) in every sport ever since I was young, so I won't stop with that ;)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Marco in US Open final! :worship: :rolls: I want to see Roger vs Marco in the US Open final!!! It doesn't have to be this year, but he gets better and better, and in a few years...maybe... :p

Yes it would be a lovely final! I guess Marco will have a lot of fans by then and a lot of people want him to beat Roger coz he really is the underdog then (unless that changes the coming years :p)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:55 PM
Yep :) so often Van is followed by the name of a place, tho often the spelling has changed of the place then. I think Nistelrooij comes from the town Nistelrode, but I am not sure :shrug:
That is the same as German. There are a lot of last names with "von". von is van in Dutch. Actually Dutch and German are quite similar... :cool:

Dutch and Deutsch!!

Nathy
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
I don't care much about things prior to Stephane, but his skaitng and interview in German is sure worth watching!! Glad you liked it!! :D

Exactly the same here! Oh man I love watching him skating :worship:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Dutch teams aren't doing as well as before, tho last season was good with PSV far in Champions League and AZ in UEFA cup. But Holland is far behind on the level we used to have.

I have cheered for Switzerland (so players/teams depending on the sport) in every sport ever since I was young, so I won't stop with that ;)
The Dutch football national team is really good... The clubs are not bad, either,, but the national team is always good in the international stages!! :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
That is the same as German. There are a lot of last names with "von". von is van in Dutch. Actually Dutch and German are quite similar... :cool:

Dutch and Deutsch!!

Yep I know German and Dutch are quite similar ;) that's why it's so strange I have been unable to remember something from my German classes.

tho Dutch in Dutch is Nederlands which doesn't look at all like Deutch :p

but you can compare Duits (Dutch for German) and Deutsch

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 09:59 PM
I prefer Plushenko :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Yes it would be a lovely final! I guess Marco will have a lot of fans by then and a lot of people want him to beat Roger coz he really is the underdog then (unless that changes the coming years :p)
I would still cheer for Roger, though! :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
The Dutch football national team is really good... The clubs are not bad, either,, but the national team is always good in the international stages!! :)
Even the Dutch team isn't that good anymore imo. It's time we get some new stars again.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
His skating is absolutely beautiful!! He won the championship this year, and no doubt about it!! I wish him a good luck in Torino!! :D

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:02 PM
I would still cheer for Roger, though! :p
That would be a really hard choice, I would have no idea who I should choose for. But I think I would cheer for Marco, I see him as special coz I talked to him and he knows who I am.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Yep I know German and Dutch are quite similar ;) that's why it's so strange I have been unable to remember something from my German classes.

tho Dutch in Dutch is Nederlands which doesn't look at all like Deutch :p

but you can compare Duits (Dutch for German) and Deutsch
I have no idea how Dutch is, but I have heard a Dutch conversation, and I could pick some similar words to German. Maybe it was too similar for you to recognize??

Dutch in German is Holländisch...? Duits???

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:07 PM
I have no idea how Dutch is, but I have heard a Dutch conversation, and I could pick some similar words to German. Maybe it was too similar for you to recognize??

Sorry, I understand now!! German in Dutch is Duits!!!

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:08 PM
His skating is absolutely beautiful!! He won the championship this year, and no doubt about it!! I wish him a good luck in Torino!! :D

Yes it is :worship: And I was so glad when he did beat Joubert :devil: Wish him the best too for Torino :worship:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:09 PM
Even the Dutch team isn't that good anymore imo. It's time we get some new stars again.
Yes it is!! At least much better than the Swiss team.. :p

Well, they went far in Euro2004, and they are also successful in the Would Cup qualification.. :cool:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:09 PM

Yes it's easy to pick some words, for me it's even easier to pick some German words coz the dialect from my province has quite some German words in it (tho I don't speak the dialect, I do understand it)

Yep I know it is Holländisch

in Dutch, Germany = Duitsland, so German = Duits. So if you put the German words next to it, Deutschland und Deutsch, that already looks like the Dutch words. And so there are a lot of similar words

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:11 PM
That would be a really hard choice, I would have no idea who I should choose for. But I think I would cheer for Marco, I see him as special coz I talked to him and he knows who I am.
It wouldn't be a surprise if you cheered for Marco and not Roger!! :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:12 PM
Yes it is!! At least much better than the Swiss team.. :p

Well, they went far in Euro2004, and they are also successful in the Would Cup qualification.. :cool:

yes we're better than Switzerland indeed

Euro2004 was quite some luck, we didn't even play that good. Going far in a tourny doesn't always mean you're good. I was glad they didn't reach the final, coz I would have to miss that :p

World Cup qualies are going ok so far, but nothing is decided yet. We have had really bad luck to be in a group with Czech Republic several times already last years!

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
Yes it is :worship: And I was so glad when he did beat Joubert :devil: Wish him the best too for Torino :worship:
He has a great chance in Olympics!! But, I don't see Simon Amman repeating there... :o

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
It wouldn't be a surprise if you cheered for Marco and not Roger!! :angel:
till february this year I wouldn't have believed you if you had told me I would cheer for someone more only a few months later, coz I cheer 100% for Roger. So somehow I am glad Marco plays different kind of tournies usually, so I don't have to make a choice between them.

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:15 PM
He has a great chance in Olympics!! But, I don't see Simon Amman repeating there... :o

Neither do I :rolleyes: But he is not my fave skijumper :p Would be nice for Switzerland but I really think he has no chance :rolleyes:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Yes it's easy to pick some words, for me it's even easier to pick some German words coz the dialect from my province has quite some German words in it (tho I don't speak the dialect, I do understand it)

Yep I know it is Holländisch

in Dutch, Germany = Duitsland, so German = Duits. So if you put the German words next to it, Deutschland und Deutsch, that already looks like the Dutch words. And so there are a lot of similar words
Maybe it could be easier for German speaking people to learn Dutch... two of my ex colleagues went to Holland to study there, and I hope they are speaking Dutch well!

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Neither do I :rolleyes: But he is not my fave skijumper :p Would be nice for Switzerland but I really think he has no chance :rolleyes:
Go Finland in skijumping :bounce: I have always cheered for Ahonen :p the swiss jumpers are on the 2nd place in that sport

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe it could be easier for German speaking people to learn Dutch... two of my ex colleagues went to Holland to study there, and I hope they are speaking Dutch well!
I dunno if it would be a big difference :shrug: I know quite some people who are good in German, it's just me who is bad in languages (and didn't want to speak German coz my teacher made me hate the language).

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:19 PM
yes we're better than Switzerland indeed

Euro2004 was quite some luck, we didn't even play that good. Going far in a tourny doesn't always mean you're good. I was glad they didn't reach the final, coz I would have to miss that :p

World Cup qualies are going ok so far, but nothing is decided yet. We have had really bad luck to be in a group with Czech Republic several times already last years!
I remember the Dutch team went to the playoff in the Euro quali, but I still remember the Orange team beat Wales (?) 6-0!! :eek: I am sure Holland will be qualified for World Cup!! If they aren't, it would be a huge surprise... I was surprised that they didn't make it to the last WC.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:21 PM
till february this year I wouldn't have believed you if you had told me I would cheer for someone more only a few months later, coz I cheer 100% for Roger. So somehow I am glad Marco plays different kind of tournies usually, so I don't have to make a choice between them.
Stan did play Roger in Rotterdam this year... So, Marco-Roger match could happen sometime!! :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:21 PM
I remember the Dutch team went to the playoff in the Euro quali, but I still remember the Orange team beat Wales (?) 6-0!! :eek: I am sure Holland will be qualified for World Cup!! If they aren't, it would be a huge surprise... I was surprised that they didn't make it to the last WC.
imo it was really good for the Dutch team they didn't qualifie for the last WC, coz they seemed to thinkt hey were better than they think. But of course I was also sad they didn't qualify.

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:22 PM
Go Finland in skijumping :bounce: I have always cheered for Ahonen :p the swiss jumpers are on the 2nd place in that sport

No they're far from the second place... Finland, Norway, Germany, Austria are better than Switzerland...

I have always cheered for Norway :banana:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:23 PM
Stan did play Roger in Rotterdam this year... So, Marco-Roger match could happen sometime!! :angel:
Yep I know it is possible ;) but I hope it won't happen too often (unless it means they are playing each other all the time in finals :p).

Stevens Point
Knowing how he usually does, I still can't believe that he won two golds for both large and normal hills... My only hope for Switzerland for the next Olympics is Stephane. The ski team isn't also impressive.. :shrug:

Nymeria
No they're far from the second place... Finland, Norway, Germany, Austria are better than Switzerland...

I mean in my fave ranking not in how good they are :rolleyes:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Ahonen is too strong!! I want Sven Hannawald to win more!! You can't expect much from the Swiss jumpers... :o

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:26 PM
I dunno if it would be a big difference :shrug: I know quite some people who are good in German, it's just me who is bad in languages (and didn't want to speak German coz my teacher made me hate the language).
Yeah, I heard about the story...

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:28 PM
imo it was really good for the Dutch team they didn't qualifie for the last WC, coz they seemed to thinkt hey were better than they think. But of course I was also sad they didn't qualify.
But they will be qualified this time for sure.. They deserve it! :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Ahonen is too strong!! I want Sven Hannawald to win more!! You can't expect much from the Swiss jumpers... :o
I don't expect anything from them, I just cheer for them. Tho I don't follow it as good as other sports coz I never know when it is on :rolleyes:
no I don't want Hannawald to win more, go Ahonen :bounce: :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
Knowing how he usually does, I still can't believe that he won two golds for both large and normal hills... My only hope for Switzerland for the next Olympics is Stephane. The ski team isn't also impressive.. :shrug:

Indeed, I don't know how he did it :rolleyes:

Yes Stephane is the only medal hope. GO FOR IT STEPH!!!!! :bounce:

Nathy
I mean in my fave ranking not in how good they are :rolleyes:

Sorry

Nymeria
But they will be qualified this time for sure.. They deserve it! :)
yes I think they deserve it this time, and it would be terrible if they couldn't qualify for the 2nd time in a row, so they just have to!

Stevens Point

Yes, these 4 teams are the best!! The Japanese team was also good, but not recently.... :sad:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:30 PM

Hanni :bounce: I love this jumper though I don't know if he will do something again :sad:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Yes, these 4 teams are the best!! The Japanese team was also good, but not recently.... :sad:
The Japanese team did win in Nagano 1998 if I remember right, isn't it?

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:31 PM

Indeed but I love their way of jumping :hearts: It is my 3rd team I cheer for :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:32 PM
Yep I know it is possible ;) but I hope it won't happen too often (unless it means they are playing each other all the time in finals :p).
Do you have the latest info of him??

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:33 PM
Do you have the latest info of him??
no more news since his last email and site update. But first time we did email him from my emailaddress, so the reply we did send with Steffi's email. So no idea if he has replied already :shrug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't expect anything from them, I just cheer for them. Tho I don't follow it as good as other sports coz I never know when it is on :rolleyes:
no I don't want Hannawald to win more, go Ahonen :bounce: :p
He should smile more,,, :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
Indeed, I don't know how he did it :rolleyes:

Yes Stephane is the only medal hope. GO FOR IT STEPH!!!!! :bounce:
I don't know how Philip Schoch is, but Swiss curling team is not bad, but I doubt that they will win a medal...

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:36 PM
He should smile more,,, :p

Nah he shouldn't... I can't understand someone can't smile after doing so well, I usually got a bigger problem with stopping a smile than with smiling, so I have to :worship: him he "can't smile"

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
yes I think they deserve it this time, and it would be terrible if they couldn't qualify for the 2nd time in a row, so they just have to!
I am actually cheering for this team!! Go Oranijes(spell?)!! :D

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:37 PM
I don't know how Philip Schoch is, but Swiss curling team is not bad, but I doubt that they will win a medal...

Dunno about them :shrug:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:39 PM
I am actually cheering for this team!! Go Oranijes(spell?)!! :D
Great that you cheer for Holland :yeah: spelling is "Oranje"

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Hanni :bounce: I love this jumper though I don't know if he will do something again :sad:
He isn't that good anymore like when he won all the 4 hills, but I believe he will come back someday to the top level!

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
are you really saying that you don't have a big expectation of medals at the OG? I thought Switzerland would be able to win a lot during winter games :shrug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
The Japanese team did win in Nagano 1998 if I remember right, isn't it?
That was the best!! Since then, the team is getting week... :sad:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:41 PM
He isn't that good anymore like when he won all the 4 hills, but I believe he will come back someday to the top level!

He is 30 already and has just come back to jump a few weeks ago so I really doubt he will do smth again :sad:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:42 PM
That was the best!! Since then, the team is getting week... :sad:

I remember they showed Japanese tv during that jump, I did really like it to hear all the happy tv-people when they were jumping, so funny to hear :lol: of course for us olympic winter games is just speedskating, speedskating and more speedskating and 1998 was quite a good year for us

Hope Japan'll be able to get stronger again in the future :hug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Indeed but I love their way of jumping :hearts: It is my 3rd team I cheer for :)
Actually Funaki and Kasai have their own way of jumping, somehow... You can see how Funaki flies. He tries to push his body as deep as possible to get himself far... He won a gold in Nagano, but he isn't doing so well recently...

1990's was the best for Japanese team...

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM
no more news since his last email and site update. But first time we did email him from my emailaddress, so the reply we did send with Steffi's email. So no idea if he has replied already :shrug:
I just hope he is 100% fit for tounaments... :angel:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I just hope he is 100% fit for tounaments... :angel:

Yes I hope he'll soon be 100% fit to play again. But I check his site regularly to see if he did update the "ontour" part,but so far he didn't add tournies. I hope he can play soon again so he can have practise before the USOq

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Nah he shouldn't... I can't understand someone can't smile after doing so well, I usually got a bigger problem with stopping a smile than with smiling, so I have to :worship: him he "can't smile"
I just can't see if he is satisfied of winning or isn't happy about himself or,, I don't know.. It is difficult to see if he is happy... :o

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:48 PM
I just can't see if he is satisfied of winning or isn't happy about himself or,, I don't know.. It is difficult to see if he is happy... :o
actually I do like that, I would like it if I was able to do that, but it's really easy to see happiness in my face.

btw. I did say the same today about Kimi Raikkonen, I was watching the press conference after the race. And he didn't smile as well. I guess that's something Finnish :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Actually Funaki and Kasai have their own way of jumping, somehow... You can see how Funaki flies. He tries to push his body as deep as possible to get himself far... He won a gold in Nagano, but he isn't doing so well recently...

1990's was the best for Japanese team...

Yeah I love this style! They have a big space between each leg and try to go as deep as they can, simply lovely!

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Dunno about them :shrug:
You should have heard of Philip Schoch.. He won a gold for snowboarding.. :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:54 PM
are you really saying that you don't have a big expectation of medals at the OG? I thought Switzerland would be able to win a lot during winter games :shrug:
I don't expect much from Switzerland this time, to tell the truth... Stephane Lambiel is sure a medal hope!! Switzerland used to be strong for skiing, but in the recent seasons, they don't win much... :o Austrians and this American Bode Miller for men, and this Swede (I forgot the name), Austrians and Germans are strong for women...

Nathy
07-31-2005, 10:55 PM
You should have heard of Philip Schoch.. He won a gold for snowboarding.. :)

Yes I do by "them" I was meaning the curling team, sorry :confused:

Stevens Point
He is 30 already and has just come back to jump a few weeks ago so I really doubt he will do smth again :sad:
Maybe you are right.... :o

Nymeria
I don't expect much from Switzerland this time, to tell the truth... Stephane Lambiel is sure a medal hope!! Switzerland used to be strong for skiing, but in the recent seasons, they don't win much... :o Austrians and this American Bode Miller for men, and this Swede (I forgot the name), Austrians and Germans are strong for women...
I hope they'll do better than you expect :)

btw. I think the same about Holland, we did win a lot last years (only in speedskating of course) but I expect we'll win less this year, coz the USA and Canada did get a lot stronger!

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:57 PM
I remember they showed Japanese tv during that jump, I did really like it to hear all the happy tv-people when they were jumping, so funny to hear :lol: of course for us olympic winter games is just speedskating, speedskating and more speedskating and 1998 was quite a good year for us

Hope Japan'll be able to get stronger again in the future :hug:
Yvo, watch out for Japanese skaters!! (Shimizu for 500m men!)

I hope for Japan, too :hug: and Switzerland!! :D

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes I hope he'll soon be 100% fit to play again. But I check his site regularly to see if he did update the "ontour" part,but so far he didn't add tournies. I hope he can play soon again so he can have practise before the USOq
Does he updage his site by himself or webmaster is doing it for him?? I know that someone else is updating Roger's site...

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Yvo, watch out for Japanese skaters!! (Shimizu for 500m men!)

I hope for Japan, too :hug: and Switzerland!! :D
Shimizu is great!!! :bounce: he is one of my fave skaters, his skating style is just fantastic. Sadly he is not as good as some years ago. But his best distance is the 500m, which is not exactly the distance where Dutchies are good in.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:00 PM
actually I do like that, I would like it if I was able to do that, but it's really easy to see happiness in my face.

btw. I did say the same today about Kimi Raikkonen, I was watching the press conference after the race. And he didn't smile as well. I guess that's something Finnish :p
Or they are trying to be like James Dean.. :cool: :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Does he updage his site by himself or webmaster is doing it for him?? I know that someone else is updating Roger's site...
I have no idea actually :shrug: I just know that I wouldn't mind if there would be an update more often :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah I love this style! They have a big space between each leg and try to go as deep as they can, simply lovely!
Exactly! I hope they can win with this style, though.. :bounce:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:02 PM
Or they are trying to be like James Dean.. :cool: :p
I should write them an email if they can teach me not to smile, sometimes that is usefull you know. Tho I am glad I can smile :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:03 PM
Yes I do by "them" I was meaning the curling team, sorry :confused:
No surprise that you haven't heard of the curling team, because they don't win a medal in the competitions. but they are not bad at all... Swedes and Americans are good.

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Exactly! I hope they can win with this style, though.. :bounce:

Indeed, as soon as a Norvegian, a Swiss or a Japanese wins I am happy :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:05 PM
I hope they'll do better than you expect :)

btw. I think the same about Holland, we did win a lot last years (only in speedskating of course) but I expect we'll win less this year, coz the USA and Canada did get a lot stronger!
I hope for some miracles, though, just like Simon Amman in Solt Lake City...

Right. North Americans are getting stronger and they were always strong!!

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Shimizu is great!!! :bounce: he is one of my fave skaters, his skating style is just fantastic. Sadly he is not as good as some years ago. But his best distance is the 500m, which is not exactly the distance where Dutchies are good in.
I don't know when he set the world record of 500 m, but he isn't that good anymore sadly... :sad: But, he still has a chance to win a medal, even gold!!

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:07 PM
I hope for some miracles, though, just like Simon Amman in Solt Lake City...

Right. North Americans are getting stronger and they were always strong!!

Yes Amman was great :yeah: I remember that quite well :)

Yeah North Americans were already really strong on the shorter distances, but now they're also taking the lead on the long distances.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
I should write them an email if they can teach me not to smile, sometimes that is usefull you know. Tho I am glad I can smile :p
Nah, you shouldn't stop smiling. :)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:09 PM
I don't know when he set the world record of 500 m, but he isn't that good anymore sadly... :sad: But, he still has a chance to win a medal, even gold!!
Especially his first 100m are amazing, he's always so fast and coz of his style it looks also faster than others.
Yep if Shimizu has a good day he can win, but sadly during the olympic games he needs two good days coz the 500 m is on 2 days.

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Nah, you shouldn't stop smiling. :)
I would like it to be able to control my smile,but if I am happy or in a really good mood I just smile all the time :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Indeed, as soon as a Norvegian, a Swiss or a Japanese wins I am happy :)
I don't know about a Swiss :o , but Norwegians can make you happy often! Japanese jumpers are struggling, but the young jumpers' time will come... The best Japanese Kasai is getting old...

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
I am tired so the white night won't be necessary :bounce:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't know about a Swiss :o , but Norwegians can make you happy often! Japanese jumpers are struggling, but the young jumpers' time will come... The best Japanese Kasai is getting old...

:lol: Yeah but Daiki Ito is damn good too!!!

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Yes Amman was great :yeah: I remember that quite well :)

Yeah North Americans were already really strong on the shorter distances, but now they're also taking the lead on the long distances.
He was really great at the time... I think he won the Swiss Athlete of the Year award in that year (not Roger...). I don't think he can repeat this time...

It will be interesting this time to see who wins for speedskating...

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Especially his first 100m are amazing, he's always so fast and coz of his style it looks also faster than others.
Yep if Shimizu has a good day he can win, but sadly during the olympic games he needs two good days coz the 500 m is on 2 days.
Wow, you know him and this stuff pretty well! :worship: Right, I think his weapon is the start..

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:19 PM
He was really great at the time... I think he won the Swiss Athlete of the Year award in that year (not Roger...). I don't think he can repeat this time...

It will be interesting this time to see who wins for speedskating...

Yeah I think it was quite a surprise he did win there and he really deserved the Swiss Athlete of the Year award that year.

Yeah I am wondering how it'll be with speedskating this year. I don't expect a lot of Uytdehaage next year (he won 2 gold and 1 silver medal in Salt Lake) but I hope Wennemars will be able to win the 1000 and/or 1500 :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:19 PM
I would like it to be able to control my smile,but if I am happy or in a really good mood I just smile all the time :p
Yes, you'd better! ;)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:20 PM
I am tired so the white night won't be necessary :bounce:
I really thought you wouldn't do that... You can get your normal sleeping cycle without this white night. ;)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Wow, you know him and this stuff pretty well! :worship: Right, I think his weapon is the start..
I really like speedskating, have been following it as long as I can remember. Long time I have collected newspaper articles and interviews from speedskating, and I got like 13 albums full and I got some books and magazines about speedskating as well, so i got a whole collection ;)

And isn't it funny we're discussing winter sports in summer? :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
:lol: Yeah but Daiki Ito is damn good too!!!
Yes, he can win a tournament surely one day!! I hope this happens this coming season!! :bounce:

I'm surprised that you know him and you could spell his name without a mistake!! :worship:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
I really thought you wouldn't do that... You can get your normal sleeping cycle without this white night. ;)

Yesterday I could have... I went to bed at 5 a.m. and wasn't even tired :shrug:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah I think it was quite a surprise he did win there and he really deserved the Swiss Athlete of the Year award that year.

Yeah I am wondering how it'll be with speedskating this year. I don't expect a lot of Uytdehaage next year (he won 2 gold and 1 silver medal in Salt Lake) but I hope Wennemars will be able to win the 1000 and/or 1500 :)
Sadly, I don't remember those Dutch individuals, but I have the impression that Dutch speedskating team is very good!! :angel:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes, he can win a tournament surely one day!! I hope this happens this coming season!! :bounce:

I'm surprised that you know him and you could spell his name without a mistake!! :worship:

I am fond of this sport :worship: I even saw the world championships live ;)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:27 PM
I really like speedskating, have been following it as long as I can remember. Long time I have collected newspaper articles and interviews from speedskating, and I got like 13 albums full and I got some books and magazines about speedskating as well, so i got a whole collection ;)

And isn't it funny we're discussing winter sports in summer? :p
:eek: :eek: Wow, so amazing!! :worship: I have never done this kind of thing for anything!!

:lol: yeah sure, it is funny!! It is funny that we are discussing something so deeply!! :eek:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Sadly, I don't remember those Dutch individuals, but I have the impression that Dutch speedskating team is very good!! :angel:

We have been dominating the sport (especially long distances) the last years :) And have to say we had some surpring good results on shorter distances last olympic games as well (Van Velde winning 1000 in Salt Lake and Postma winning the 1000 in Nagano). But I have no hope for next year :sad: we did lose a lot this season...

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Yesterday I could have... I went to bed at 5 a.m. and wasn't even tired :shrug:
In my life so far, I have spent only one whole night awake (In April this year!!). I could do that, but the following day was really terrible... I couldn't think right. I couldn't even say 1+1=2.. :o

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:31 PM
:eek: :eek: Wow, so amazing!! :worship: I have never done this kind of thing for anything!!

:lol: yeah sure, it is funny!! It is funny that we are discussing something so deeply!! :eek:

Have to say I did stop 1 or 2 years ago, I didn't take the time anymore for it. I didn't even think "now I am going to stop" no I did just stop in a bit, you know I still got some articles I did cut out the newspaper but didn't paste in the album. but I still buy the yearly speedskating magazine and would also buy news books about speedskating if they were out :)

We've had quite some interesting and funny discussions already the last days :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I am fond of this sport :worship: I even saw the world championships live ;)
So, have you been to Engelsberg, or will you go there someday?

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:33 PM
In my life so far, I have spent only one whole night awake (In April this year!!). I could do that, but the following day was really terrible... I couldn't think right. I couldn't even say 1+1=2.. :o

:rolls:

I have done it once too and the day after I slept from 5 p.m. to 11 a.m :eek:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
We have been dominating the sport (especially long distances) the last years :) And have to say we had some surpring good results on shorter distances last olympic games as well (Van Velde winning 1000 in Salt Lake and Postma winning the 1000 in Nagano). But I have no hope for next year :sad: we did lose a lot this season...
Well, we'll see.. ;)

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
only once in your life so far? :eek:

I remember when I was like 9 years old I did sleep one night at my friends night and the day after another friend would stay at my house. And I stayed awake the whole night the first night and then I was still the most active and talkative one when the other friend was staying. Have to say I was kinda 'dead' the third day :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:35 PM
So, have you been to Engelsberg, or will you go there someday?

No never. I did only go to the World Championships this year, to see live. But Engelberg I will try to go this winter ;)

Douggie Style
07-31-2005, 11:35 PM
:bigwave:

You stay up late Nathy :hug: :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Doug :wavey: How was the wedding? :)

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:37 PM
Have to say I did stop 1 or 2 years ago, I didn't take the time anymore for it. I didn't even think "now I am going to stop" no I did just stop in a bit, you know I still got some articles I did cut out the newspaper but didn't paste in the album. but I still buy the yearly speedskating magazine and would also buy news books about speedskating if they were out :)

We've had quite some interesting and funny discussions already the last days :)
But, not as deep as we are having right now... :p

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:38 PM
But, not as deep as we are having right now... :p
:lol: we can have deep discussions about spiders if you want to :p

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:40 PM
:rolls:

I have done it once too and the day after I slept from 5 p.m. to 11 a.m :eek:
Wow, that's long!! :eek: I don't think I have slept that long in my life!! I love to sleep long, but I can't sleep more than 12 hours...

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:41 PM
:bigwave:

You stay up late Nathy :hug: :p

:wavey:

Yes I know :o

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:42 PM
Wow, that's long!! :eek: I don't think I have slept that long in my life!! I love to sleep long, but I can't sleep more than 12 hours...

I also love to sleep long :p :angel:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:44 PM
only once in your life so far? :eek:

I remember when I was like 9 years old I did sleep one night at my friends night and the day after another friend would stay at my house. And I stayed awake the whole night the first night and then I was still the most active and talkative one when the other friend was staying. Have to say I was kinda 'dead' the third day :p
Well Yvo, with 9 years old and you stayed a whole night awake?? What a girl!! :eek:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:45 PM
No never. I did only go to the World Championships this year, to see live. But Engelberg I will try to go this winter ;)
Where was this World Championships??

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Well Yvo, with 9 years old and you stayed a whole night awake?? What a girl!! :eek:
as a kid I was better in staying awake than now :p if I now don't get enough sleep I am really moody the day after.

But when I am with friends I usually am the one who goes to sleep latest and wakes up earliest, while usually I need a lot of sleep.

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey Boss! :D :bounce:

Nymeria
07-31-2005, 11:47 PM
anyway I will go to sleep now, see you tomorrow :wavey:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:49 PM
:lol: we can have deep discussions about spiders if you want to :p
Ah, that was fun!! :D This discussion we are having is a bit different from the spider one, because we have more knowledge on this, we know this stuff!! We are not the spider researchers or so.. :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Where was this World Championships??

They were in Oberstdorf, South of Germany ;) I stayed there 10 days and di go to every session of skijumping (even trainings) :bounce:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:50 PM
I also love to sleep long :p :angel:
It is my passion! I can't live without it! :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:51 PM

See you :hug:

Now I am not tired so I dunno what to do :lol:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:52 PM
as a kid I was better in staying awake than now :p if I now don't get enough sleep I am really moody the day after.

But when I am with friends I usually am the one who goes to sleep latest and wakes up earliest, while usually I need a lot of sleep.
I also had some wonderful nights with friends in my house, their house, or somewhere else... But, we finally went to sleep... :p

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:52 PM
It is my passion! I can't live without it! :p

Same here :lol:

Stevens Point
07-31-2005, 11:53 PM
I also wanted to go to bed soon, but it is always difficult for me to say it... :o So, I am going as well!! :wavey:

Douggie Style
07-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey, sorry:o I have a bad habit of coming to MTF making a post, then getting distracted

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:55 PM
I also wanted to go to bed soon, but it is always difficult for me to say it... :o So, I am going as well!! :wavey:

Good Night Sweetie :hug:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey, sorry:o I have a bad habit of coming to MTF making a post, then getting distracted

No problem for us, but then you could lose the conversation as we post a lot... :p

Douggie Style
07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
I saw a thing of my dreams today :eek:

Nathy
07-31-2005, 11:59 PM
I saw a thing of my dreams today :eek:

What was it :) ?

Love your Member Title ;) "Cogito ergo sum" :worship:

Douggie Style
08-01-2005, 12:02 AM
What was it :) ?

Love your Member Title ;) "Cogito ergo sum" :worship:It was the car in my avatar! In black!! I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting to see a car worth more than €450,000 on the road!

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:05 AM
It was the car in my avatar! In black!! I was so surprised. I wasn't expecting to see a car worth more than €450,000 on the road!

:eek: Wooooooow yeah I imagine your surprise! Must have been really :cool: to see it in front of you!!

Btw, can you explain me why do you have only a black rep square? I saw this for several members who paid their accounts...

Nathy
08-01-2005, 03:39 AM
:rolls: I have the ultimate test for our L'Yvo :p

How weird are you? : http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=47277

:p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 03:40 AM
Oh and yes, 5.40 a.m and still awoken :p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 05:02 AM
7 a.m. and still awoken :woohoo:

Daniel
08-01-2005, 08:34 AM
10 34 ansd still awoken

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 08:59 AM
They were in Oberstdorf, South of Germany ;) I stayed there 10 days and di go to every session of skijumping (even trainings) :bounce:
Wow! You like Skijumping so much!! :D :worship: What kind of sports do you like besides tennis, soccer, and ski jumping??

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
7 a.m. and still awoken :woohoo:
You had a "white night"!! :eek: Are you still awake or now peacefully in bed, Sweetie?? :angel:

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 09:03 AM
10 34 ansd still awoken
Daniel, when do you go to bed??

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Ah, that was fun!! :D This discussion we are having is a bit different from the spider one, because we have more knowledge on this, we know this stuff!! We are not the spider researchers or so.. :p
Yes you are right, maybe I should start to collect spiders :cool: :p

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:35 AM
I also had some wonderful nights with friends in my house, their house, or somewhere else... But, we finally went to sleep... :pyeah I usually go to sleep as well, tho that is most of the time early in the morning :p

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:36 AM
yes it is always hard indeed, but I just had to yesterday... when Ste and I are both online we just have to agree on leaving, otherwise we would stay on till really late every night :p

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:37 AM
:lol:

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Btw, can you explain me why do you have only a black rep square? I saw this for several members who paid their accounts...
That is THE reason why I want a paid account, you can turn off your rep level. I used to have that option on when you didn't have to pay for it yet, and I really miss it :(

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 09:41 AM

I am sure I am completely normal! *takes test*

See I am only 60% weird :p
You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 10:06 AM

I am 30% weird, is that good or bad or doesn't matter?? :bounce:

Nymeria
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
it doesn't matter ;) I think there are too few questions to level if you're weird or not :p there are a lot of different ways of being weird

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 10:56 AM
it doesn't matter ;) I think there are too few questions to level if you're weird or not :p there are a lot of different ways of being weird
I think you have a point. Those are certainly right kind of questions, but there are too few... True.

I think I am weired in some way... :p

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Yvo, I saw your name in the breakout game. How are you doing there? :)

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Wow! You like Skijumping so much!! :D :worship: What kind of sports do you like besides tennis, soccer, and ski jumping??

These are my faves :worship: But I like fencing (did some too), Formula 1, Icehockey...

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:25 PM
You had a "white night"!! :eek: Are you still awake or now peacefully in bed, Sweetie?? :angel:

Yes I had :p I am still awake :cool:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:27 PM
That is THE reason why I want a paid account, you can turn off your rep level. I used to have that option on when you didn't have to pay for it yet, and I really miss it :(

Aaaaaaah that's this! I understand :) Thanks

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:28 PM

I think less than 50% is good :) I am 20% :p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:28 PM
I am sure I am completely normal! *takes test*

See I am only 60% weird :p
You're so weird, you think you're *totally* normal. Right?
But you wig out even the biggest of circus freaks!

only 60% :eek:

:p :lol:

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes I had :p I am still awake :cool:
Hey, you didn't go to bed at all?? :eek: :worship:

How are you feeling?? What did you do whole time??

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
These are my faves :worship: But I like fencing (did some too), Formula 1, Icehockey...
You did fencing! Sounds interesting... I don't want to do the sport, because it looks dangerous to me.... :o

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:45 PM
Hey, you didn't go to bed at all?? :eek: :worship:

How are you feeling?? What did you do whole time??

No I didn't go to bed AT ALL :cool: I was on the net the whole time except between 6 and 7 a.m.! I did surf, did some pictures mixing (signatures for forums) and I did chat with a mate who went to bed at 8 a.m. :p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
You did fencing! Sounds interesting... I don't want to do the sport, because it looks dangerous to me.... :o

Yeah I understand :hug: It is in a way ( you have to wear long pants otherwise you can be cut with the sword :eek: ) but I never had trouble. I had only some "hurts" on the arms or so. I like this sport really much, watching asweel as doing!

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh and forgot to say: I feel tired :yawn: :lol: So don't blame me if I misunderstand smth or make a huge mistake :o

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
No I didn't go to bed AT ALL :cool: I was on the net the whole time except between 6 and 7 a.m.! I did surf, did some pictures mixing (signatures for forums) and I did chat with a mate who went to bed at 8 a.m. :p
I got up at 10 today and am already sleepy... :o

Don't you feel sleepy?? Are you going to bed earlier tonight?? :angel:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I got up at 10 today and am already sleepy... :o

Don't you feel sleepy?? Are you going to bed earlier tonight?? :angel:

Oh yes I feel sleepy :lol: Yes I will try to stay up 'til 9 or 10 and then go to bed :)

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Yeah I understand :hug: It is in a way ( you have to wear long pants otherwise you can be cut with the sword :eek: ) but I never had trouble. I had only some "hurts" on the arms or so. I like this sport really much, watching asweel as doing!
Those swords look sharp. :eek: Is the protection good? I just don't want that those swords go through the mask and reach the face..... :scared:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Those swords look sharp. :eek: Is the protection good? I just don't want that those swords go through the mask and reach the face..... :scared:

Yes the protection is very good :yeah: :lol: Don't worry, it has never happened that the sword got through the mask. The masks are really strong, you don't have to worry about that ;) The first thing, when you begin with fencing, is getting used of not getting steps back when the other is attacking you... it sounds simple but it is a reflex that a lot of persons have ;)

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Oh and forgot to say: I feel tired :yawn: :lol: So don't blame me if I misunderstand smth or make a huge mistake :o
I understand how it is like without sleeping the whole night long... I have done it myself... So, I won't blame you for anything... :) :angel:

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Oh yes I feel sleepy :lol: Yes I will try to stay up 'til 9 or 10 and then go to bed :)

You talked about having a normal sleeping cycle.. Is going to bed at 9 or 10 ideal for you? :angel:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
I understand how it is like without sleeping the whole night long... I have done it myself... So, I won't blame you for anything... :) :angel:

Thanks Sweetie :hug:

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Yes the protection is very good :yeah: :lol: Don't worry, it has never happened that the sword got through the mask. The masks are really strong, you don't have to worry about that ;) The first thing, when you begin with fencing, is getting used of not getting steps back when the other is attacking you... it sounds simple but it is a reflex that a lot of persons have ;)
I don't think I want to start learning fencing, but it is interesting to know how it works... I should have those kind of reflex to protect myself from being attacked by strangers or gangstars.. :rolleyes:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
You talked about having a normal sleeping cycle.. Is going to bed at 9 or 10 ideal for you? :angel:

No, as I do nothing in my life atm the ideal would be midnight ;) but as I didn't sleep the whole night I have to go to bed earlier tonight to avoid waking up at 3 p.m. on Thursday :p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:06 PM
I don't think I want to start learning fencing, but it is interesting to know how it works... I should have those kind of reflex to protect myself from being attacked by strangers or gangstars.. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind to do fencing again I must say :) Yeah indeed :lol: I wouldn't want to see Sweetie being injuried by a stranger :sad: (otherwise I would come with my sword and kill him :p )

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 01:09 PM
No, as I do nothing in my life atm the ideal would be midnight ;) but as I didn't sleep the whole night I have to go to bed earlier tonight to avoid waking up at 3 p.m. on Thursday :p
:rolls: Aha, Yeah better waking up on Tuesday than Thursday!! :p I remember you were always here until 3 AM!! I thought you were the queen of staying awake and sleeping till noon! :p

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't mind to do fencing again I must say :) Yeah indeed :lol: I wouldn't want to see Sweetie being injuried by a stranger :sad: (otherwise I would come with my sword and kill him :p )
Yeah, I've got my own strong protector from Lausanne!! :yeah:

How long did you do fencing?? You must have been delighted by the Swiss' win in Olympics!! What was his name? Marcel...

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:13 PM
:rolls: Aha, Yeah better waking up on Tuesday than Thursday!! :p I remember you were always here until 3 AM!! I thought you were the queen of staying awake and sleeping till noon! :p

:eek: OMG you see I make mistakes :lol: of course I meant Tuesday :p

Yes I was here 'til late :p I am not the queen anymore? :sad: :p

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I've got my own strong protector from Lausanne!! :yeah:

How long did you do fencing?? You must have been delighted by the Swiss' win in Olympics!! What was his name? Marcel...

I am your private bodyguard :devil: :lol:

I didn't do it that long, think 9 months smth like that... oh yes I was :bounce: ing when he won!! Marcel Fischer ;)

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 01:21 PM
:eek: OMG you see I make mistakes :lol: of course I meant Tuesday :p

Yes I was here 'til late :p I am not the queen anymore? :sad: :p
Hehe, I also thought you meant actually for Tuesday.. :angel: What time do you go to bed these days (excluding last night :p )? From my observation, you are still the queen... :angel:

Stevens Point
08-01-2005, 01:25 PM
I am your private bodyguard :devil: :lol:

I didn't do it that long, think 9 months smth like that... oh yes I was :bounce: ing when he won!! Marcel Fischer ;)
:lol: That's good!! When I am in danger, I will call you immediately, and you come with your fencing sword!! :D

Right, Marcel Fischer!! :D I never did any fighting sport... :o

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Hehe, I also thought you meant actually for Tuesday.. :angel: What time do you go to bed these days (excluding last night :p )? From my observation, you are still the queen... :angel:

These days it was around 3.30 a.m. and the night before last night it was 4.45 a.m. :eek:

Nathy
08-01-2005, 01:32 PM
:lol: That's good!! When I am in danger, I will call you immediately, and you come with your fencing sword!! :D

Right, Marcel Fischer!! :D I never did any fighting sport... :o

Yes I will :devil: :cool: *Don't touch my Sweetie" :angel:

Fencing isn't really a fighting sport... I mean you don't fight to fight, you know, you don't want to hurt someone or so...