The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 04 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 04

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

possie
02-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I'm babysitting tonight too Ange (just a different night for us though :p )

Talk to you later :wavey:

zanychick
02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
:wavey: Angele

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Bye Ange :wavey:

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Later Ange :wavey:

zanychick
02-29-2004, 09:26 PM
oh I have 2 green dots!!

zanychick
02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
what is he doing in the third pic? lol

(and is it just me or is his hair a bit weird?)

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:30 PM
what is he doing in the third pic? lol

(and is it just me or is his hair a bit weird?)

lol good question :p

Yeah I think his hair is a bit odd as well..kinda looks like he just woke up :p

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:30 PM
oh I have 2 green dots!!

:angel:

I think we should all have two dots! Lleykis rule!

Which slam did Kim say which upset Lleyton? Not the Aussie Open I assume?

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:31 PM
His hair is kind of different today ;) Looks kind of ... flatter or something. Doesn't look bad though

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I notice Ms S. Williams has pulle dout yet again. I am starting to wonder if she is actually planning to come back ever!

possie
02-29-2004, 09:34 PM
It looks shorter. Maybe he's had another hair cut :scratch: There's no full curls at the moment. I still constantly wonder what he'll do before Wimbledon this year - I don't think he'll shave his head this year!

possie
02-29-2004, 09:35 PM
But good to see he's had a shave! I didn't mind the goatee, but I didn't really love it either.

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:36 PM
It looks shorter. Maybe he's had another hair cut :scratch: There's no full curls at the moment. I still constantly wonder what he'll do before Wimbledon this year - I don't think he'll shave his head this year!

*crosses fingers* I really HOPE he doesn't shave his head ;) Has the goatee gone - i can't see it obviously int hsoe pics. Maybe he's seen sense and got rid of it :)

possie
02-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I notice Ms S. Williams has pulle dout yet again. I am starting to wonder if she is actually planning to come back ever!

Interesting. I wonder what she's up to? She obviously wants to come back as strong as she left, not have to work her way back up again (i.e. she wants to beat Justine the first time she plays her)

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:37 PM
*crosses fingers* I really HOPE he doesn't shave his head ;) Has the goatee gone - i can't see it obviously int hsoe pics. Maybe he's seen sense and got rid of it :)

or someone else saw it and made him :p

zanychick
02-29-2004, 09:38 PM
lol, i think someone else may have made him ;)

zanychick
02-29-2004, 09:39 PM
well I'm going to go to bed - some sleep before school tomorrow :(

:wavey: bye

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Bye Clare :wavey:

possie
02-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Well, I don't think he'll shave his head. He's done it twice now and last year it didn't really bring him the best of luck :o Plus if they do get married soon after ( ;) ), I don't think he'd want to get married bald!

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I think that's SW's plan, but I am not sure how she's hoping to achieve it. Her usual "ready made world #2" training partner is not playing like even the top 10 at the moment. Her ego might jutd get the better of her is she stays out too long.

Have you started uni yet Anne?

possie
02-29-2004, 09:42 PM
:wavey: Clare. Sleep well.

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:42 PM
No he wouldn't want to get married bald.
Although on the bright side :) although the bald look is terrible for a couple of weeks by the middle of the summer (when he played LA) he looked GORGEOUS! So it's not an entirely bad thing ;)

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:43 PM
I think Serena will come back in Miami..I think she just didn't want to travel to Doha.

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Yep, I reckon Serena will be back on form in Miami. And I think she'll be as good as ever.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:45 PM
2 day weekends are not long enough. We need 3 days weekends - every week, not just on special occasions!

possie
02-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I think that's SW's plan, but I am not sure how she's hoping to achieve it. Her usual "ready made world #2" training partner is not playing like even the top 10 at the moment. Her ego might just get the better of her is she stays out too long.

Have you started uni yet Anne?

I know, she has been out for quite some time now hasn't she.

Uni starts on March the 8th. One more week to get my life organised before its all go again. I'm working quite a bit this week anyway.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:48 PM
Yes well it will be interesting when SW comes back anyway.

star
02-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Where are these pictures you all are talking about?

And, I think it's perfectly interesting without SW. :angel:

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 09:51 PM
LOL! Well she doesn't play IW anyway, does she?

possie
02-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Pictures in CCL Christina, "New Pics of Kim 2004 Season" thread.

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:53 PM
No I don't think she's playing IW. Ezel isn't either is she?

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Justine didn't play IW's last year..I don't know about this year. Serena and Venus never play IW.

possie
02-29-2004, 09:56 PM
No Serena, no Venus and no Justine! *Crosses fingers for another Lleyki double*

Jess
02-29-2004, 09:57 PM
it could happen again ;) Anyone know which guys will enter?

Chesty Larue
02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Lleyton's hair makes him look rather boy-ish in those pics ;) :p

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:00 PM
I assume Roddick since he plays every tournament in America practically, not that I blame him. Not sure which other top guys. Certainly the field is tougher in the men's but if he plays like he did in Rotterdam then Lleyton has as good a chance as anyone.

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah it does :) I quite like the hair there actually. It's nice to see it not looking overgrown ;)

star
02-29-2004, 10:02 PM
OK. I found them. :)

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
commitment list in IW forum looks like everybody - Agassi, Federer, Roddick, Ferrero, Moya, Nalbandian .... should be a good tournament.

possie
02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
I hope we are now seeing Lleyton at his best again and thus great things at IW. Gotta give something for Christina to get really excited about!

star
02-29-2004, 10:05 PM
it could happen again ;) Anyone know which guys will enter?

It's a Masters Series tournament so everyone is required to play unless they are examined by a doctor. If not they are fined.

So, it will have nearly all the top players. That's why it's so great to go. Agassi says he had a hip injury at San Jose and he's not playing Scottsdale, so I'm not sure he will show. But everyone else should be there.

For the women, it's just a tier I. Same points as Miami.

May I say that Joan Rivers looks very scary. Enough plastic surgery already!

And I want to see Hildalgo.

possie
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
commitment list in IW forum looks like everybody - Agassi, Federer, Roddick, Ferrero, Moya, Nalbandian .... should be a good tournament.

Wow, that should be a good tournament. And you're right, the men's competition is going to be tougher than the womens.

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow if all those people show up it should be a good tournament :)
And Lleyton's confidence must be high after beating Schuettler, Henman and Ferrero in Rotterdam. Plus he's had two weeks to rest after that. He's got to have a good chance.

possie
02-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I have to go now, but talk to you all later.

:wavey: Have a good evening / day!

star
02-29-2004, 10:09 PM
I hope we are now seeing Lleyton at his best again and thus great things at IW. Gotta give something for Christina to get really excited about!

I've seen him win two times in a row now. :)

But last year was over Guga...... :(

It was a poor match. Guga had to play his semi right before the final. Then against Henman....... well, that was over very quickly as well. :)

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Bye Anne :wavey: Have a good day.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:13 PM
I think the great thing with the men at the moment is that no-one's certain to win anything.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Do you go for the whole week Christina?

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Yep, the mens is much more exciting like that at the moment because there's several good players at the top.

The womens is like Serena, Kim, Ezel and sometimes Venus. Then everyone else, just nobody in the middle at the moment.

star
02-29-2004, 10:17 PM
TWO weeks!!!

The whole thing lasts two weeks. The women's qualies start on Monday, and then the men's qualies must start on Wednesday because the draw has been expanded on the men's side, and now we will have night matches starting Friday night. It used to just start with night matches Monday night.

It seemed like there were night matches anyway because the outer courts go into the evening. I usually can't get out of there before 8.

I remember watching Kimmy and Justine playing a night match ... the year Kimmy first played in the final.. It was SO cold. The wind was blowing from the north... right in our faces. Lleyton was there for the whole match. He had on a sweatshirt with the hood pulled up... his back to the wind.... sort of huddled into his seat.

star
02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
And even though it was just the last match of the day session...... it was played after dark.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Yes there's a lot of competition, but still, they write off Lleyton at their peril, I think!

It would be great of he defends these points but it's not a tragedy if he doesn't seeing as he can basically only gain for the rest of the year!

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry I forgot it's TWO weeks! That's a great dose of tennis!

So did they play this day match under lights or make them play in the dark? Poor players must have been waiting for hours.

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Yes this and Scottsdale is all he can lose points at and he's already covered Scottsdale points by winning Rotterdam. He could also gain a heap of points at Wimbledon and in the tournaments in the spring.
I don't think anyone will be writing Lleyton off after the way he beat Ferrero last week :)

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes it's pretty certain he'll gain points at Wimbledon! Even if he drew Fed again in the 4th round, which is why I am so concerned about him getting a good ranking! I don't care about the actual number, just the slam seeds!

Personally I am looking forward to RG this year to see how last year's first round losers go - and Lleyton of course.

Jess
02-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah would be nice to think he would do well at RG but realistically I think his best chance is Wimbledon (assuming he doesn't meet a leathal qualifer again :rolleyes: )

Anyway I need to go to bed - school in the morning :rolleyes: Have a good day/night everyone :wavey:

star
02-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Sorry I forgot it's TWO weeks! That's a great dose of tennis!

So did they play this day match under lights or make them play in the dark? Poor players must have been waiting for hours.

No, no. All the outer courts are lit. There's a stadium and two grandstand courts. They are quite large, but you can get seats right on the court if you time it right. That night we were sitting at the end of the court... sort of raised above it. That's when I first knew that Kim had these little muscles on the sides of her knees.

I think the players know approximately when they are going to play. You can figure out from the matches scheduled before. It was the last match of the day session. It probably started around 6p.m. I only remember it was dark and COLD. :)

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Goodnight Jess.

star
02-29-2004, 10:31 PM
:wavey: Jess

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:32 PM
Well that's better than I was picturing. A few times at Sydney when there's been a withdrawal I have seen them have to go and drag players off the practice courts to start their match so I guess they have to aim to be there early but maybe not too early!

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:33 PM
I am trying to work out when the Scottsdale points go off or if they have already.

star
02-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah. A withdrawal messes up everything.

Players ususally do a warm up practice about an hour before their match, so it would be awful to get dragged off then.

star
02-29-2004, 10:36 PM
I am trying to work out when the Scottsdale points go off or if they have already.

I think they are off already. Everything comes off a week early this year.

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks - that's what I thought too. Lleyton's at #1 - one more place and I'll be relatively happy since I think it's that quarter final seeding which matters!

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:38 PM
I mean #9 of course - wishful thinking!

Lisbeth
02-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Well I have to head off now. Have a great trip if I don't catch you again Christina! We expect a report, of course, on important matters such as hairstyles and Lleyki moment.

KaseyL
02-29-2004, 11:01 PM
quick :o Hi thread :wavey:

Hope y'all are allright.

re Kim and Lleyton on Flemish TV on Feb 29: I've posted 20 pics by now, will do more first thing I have time.

Lleyton looks like he has had a hair cut: no curls anywhere to be seen :p

But most important imo, next to the good time they were having there :yeah: , was the way Lleyton was looking at Kim. I hurried up a bit to make sure I still could post a few pics where one can see it very clearly how much in love he is with her. :hearts: so these extra goober pics :angel: are to be found in my last pics posts on ccl.

More later.

Off to my bed now, as I have less than 6 hours of sleep left :o :wavey:

Angele
03-01-2004, 02:01 AM
Whoever here doesn't want Kim to retire anytime soon to have kids, I suggest you send her right towards my little cousin :o One night like the one I just had and she'll never wanna have kids :o For an hour and a half he would not get out of the fridge. He opened up pudding, poked holes in plastic covered vegetales, took off all the straws on the juice pack, tried to drink his sister's milk, and would of broken an entire carton of eggs had I not stepped in in time :o And when I closed the door and didn't let him in, he started crying and didn't stop until her threw up :o So needless to say I only let that happen once :o And through all this his poor sister, who's about 5 months old, is whinning and wants a bottle however I can't give her her bottle and run after him at the same time :( Anyways I was finally able to feed her and get her to sleep, thank god! But he just would not stop... I can't explain to y'all how happy I am to be home atm :o

Angele
03-01-2004, 02:15 AM
Well I'm off :wavey:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 04:35 AM
Whoever here doesn't want Kim to retire anytime soon to have kids, I suggest you send her right towards my little cousin :o One night like the one I just had and she'll never wanna have kids :o For an hour and a half he would not get out of the fridge. He opened up pudding, poked holes in plastic covered vegetales, took off all the straws on the juice pack, tried to drink his sister's milk, and would of broken an entire carton of eggs had I not stepped in in time :o And when I closed the door and didn't let him in, he started crying and didn't stop until her threw up :o So needless to say I only let that happen once :o And through all this his poor sister, who's about 5 months old, is whinning and wants a bottle however I can't give her her bottle and run after him at the same time :( Anyways I was finally able to feed her and get her to sleep, thank god! But he just would not stop... I can't explain to y'all how happy I am to be home atm :o

*Buys Kim plane ticket to Halifax* :p

tournesol
03-01-2004, 09:05 AM
:wavey: thread

i'm in 'oscar' mood

jess :yeah: :yeah: for your wedding and the baby

dagmar :yeah: :yeah: for your relationship

:angel: e: :yeah: :yeah: for your recovery

anne: :yeah: :yeah: for your world tour

christina: :yeah: :yeah: for attending IW

duck: :yeah: :yeah: for reappearing online

ingrid: :yeah: :yeah: for your pics

everyone else: :yeah: :yeah: for contributing for making this place so agreable

tournesol
03-01-2004, 10:21 AM
Lleyton looks like he has had a hair cut: no curls anywhere to be seen :p

:sad:

tournesol
03-01-2004, 10:27 AM

a day in the life of the ordinary mum ;)

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 10:51 AM
:wavey:

tournesol
03-01-2004, 10:59 AM

:wavey: hello

congrats on your well derserved 2 dots

any exciting news?

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 11:15 AM
hehe :p
well not much except for the maths assignment i got back...i got 80 % :rolleyes: it's not extrememly bad but i could do better...

but who cares about stupid math tho? i'm feeling really :angel: after seeing all the Lleyki pics! :hearts:

oh wait, ive got to study for my science test :o ah well, i'll do it later

tournesol
03-01-2004, 11:20 AM
well not much except for the maths assignment i got back...i got 80 % :rolleyes: it's not extrememly bad but i could do better...

but who cares about stupid math tho? i'm feeling really :angel: after seeing all the Lleyki pics! :hearts:

oh wait, ive got to study for my science test :o ah well, i'll do it later

:worship: your commitment and your self assessment
second week without tennis :rolleyes:
no to be honest i watched JHH final for a short time in the perpective of the circus fan attending the performance to see the lion eating the 'tamer'(?) but in vain :rolleyes:

what about soccer?

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 11:34 AM
:worship: your commitment and your self assessment
second week without tennis :rolleyes:
no to be honest i watched JHH final for a short time in the perpective of the circus fan attending the performance to see the lion eating the 'tamer'(?) but in vain :rolleyes:

what about soccer?

oh...it's fun, as usual :D i'm still the mid-fielder running around like an idiot :rolleyes: nah, that's jus what my friends say...:p

we're just doing training every thrusday after school, which makes me really really tired afterwards :o...btw, it's worth it :p even though i come home at like 8 and i still have homework and stuff...:o

tournesol
03-01-2004, 11:54 AM
oh...it's fun, as usual :D i'm still the mid-fielder running around like an idiot :rolleyes: nah, that's jus what my friends say...:p

we're just doing training every thrusday after school, which makes me really really tired afterwards :o...btw, it's worth it :p even though i come home at like 8 and i still have homework and stuff...:o

i'm sure you must be fast and unstoppable :)

nevertheless it's still difficult for me to visualize girls playing soccer

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 12:10 PM

nevertheless it's still difficult for me to visualize girls playing soccer

most people do think it's weird that girls play soccer...and even some of my friend's mum's don't like their daughters playing soccer :o
they think it's not a "girl" thing :mad:

star
03-01-2004, 12:12 PM

nevertheless it's still difficult for me to visualize girls playing
soccer

Do girls not play soccer in Europe? It's probably the most organized girls team sport here in the states. Little girls start playing around age 6. In this town little girls also play baseball early.

dagmar7
03-01-2004, 12:15 PM
:wavey: very tired, and frankly fell asleep during the last part of the academy awards, but I was, on the whole, very pleased with the decisions.

Mabe b/c Return of the King was the only film I'd seen.:p

So many women wearing blue: turquoise, pool blue etc...seemed to be a real trend. Very few black dresses compared to last year. Uma Thurman appeared to be wearing some kind of full-length bavarian dirndl in chiffon and satin, so that got my vote for fashion risk of the evening.;)

Jennifer Garner looked great in a one-shoulder orange number.

Speaking of looking great, thank you so much, Ingrid, for the screencaps. Ll and Kim look fantastic, and I actually love his hair. It's got a bit of a spiky thing in front, which I like a lot.:D

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:18 PM
most people do think it's weird that girls play soccer...and even some of my friend's mum's don't like their daughters playing soccer :o
they think it's not a "girl" thing :mad:

imo the only 'girl only thing' (if i may say so) is pregnancy and breasfeeding; for the rest your game is probably different from the boys'game (as it is in tennis e.g) but as far as i'm concerned i've no reference; so it's difficult to visualize but i promise to try and watch a match

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Do girls not play soccer in Europe? It's probably the most organized girls team sport here in the states. Little girls start playing around age 6. In this town little girls also play baseball early.

as far as i know here it's pretty exotic :o

star
03-01-2004, 12:21 PM
:wavey: thread

i'm in 'oscar' mood

jess :yeah: :yeah: for your wedding and the baby

dagmar :yeah: :yeah: for your relationship

:angel: e: :yeah: :yeah: for your recovery

anne: :yeah: :yeah: for your world tour

christina: :yeah: :yeah: for attending IW

duck: :yeah: :yeah: for reappearing online

ingrid: :yeah: :yeah: for your pics

everyone else: :yeah: :yeah: for contributing for making this place so agreable

I'm overwhelmed! Simply overwhelmed. (pause as I gather my emotions) I'm honored, but in posting there are no winners. Everyone is out there creating and striving and producing great work. I must thank my keyboard, my harddrive, my ISP, all the moderators at MTF, the service department at Dell... although it has moved to India..... but we aren't here tonight for that speech. And of course, to my mother and father. none of this would have been possible without them. (music swells)... oh... and my CATS.... yes... Kobe, Aysha, Tessa... I LOVE YOU..... (blown kisses as I am escorted from the stage.)

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 12:23 PM

i don't exactly know about europe. but in here hong kong, no schools have girls playing soccer and maybe only a few school does, like my one ;)

btw in australia it's quite popular that the girls schools have soccer so yea it's pretty :cool:

dagmar7
03-01-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm overwhelmed! Simply overwhelmed. (pause as I gather my emotions) I'm honored, but in posting there are no winners. Everyone is out there creating and striving and producing great work. I must thank my keyboard, my harddrive, my ISP, all the moderators at MTF, the service department at Dell... although it has moved to India..... but we aren't here tonight for that speech. And of course, to my mother and father. none of this would have been possible without them. (music swells)... oh... and my CATS.... yes... Kobe, Aysha, Tessa... I LOVE YOU..... (blown kisses as I am escorted from the stage.)

:lol:

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:30 PM
stop praising technology, my system got so proud that it collapsed :o

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 12:35 PM

;) :lol: :p

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:42 PM
i would like to answer dagmar's first post on this page; but my post failed to go through for the 3d time

so i'll try once more:

Ll pleaase bring back the curls

dagmar7
03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
dani...:D

:( at your recalcitrant technology...

No...shorter hair is the way forward.:devil:

I don't think I've ever seen him wear a brown/beige jacket either, it is a bit of a different look for him.

It looks like they are in a cellar or something, maybe a cave...:cool:

star
03-01-2004, 12:52 PM

That's where that outsourced service department comes in handy. :)

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:53 PM

no idea :o

at week end the outside world hardly still exist for me

star
03-01-2004, 12:54 PM

I don't think I've ever seen him wear a brown/beige jacket either, it is a bit of a different look for him.

Yeah. That was a very European looking setting. I got chilly just looking at it. It reminded me of those half cellar bierstubes I used to go to in Germany.

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:56 PM

That's where that outsourced service department comes in handy. :)

i'm sure it's a test preparing for the martian base and it's maintenance and on earth :p

tournesol
03-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah. That was a very European looking setting. I got chilly just looking at it. It reminded me of those half cellar bierstubes I used to go to in Germany.

following my limited experience in the 80's they were crowded, smoke-filled and terribly warm

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 01:01 PM

it looks like this underground basement :p

tournesol
03-01-2004, 01:05 PM
it looks like this underground basement :p

there are some nice bars or even restaurants in 'vaulted' basements with atmosphere and charm which should please any goober (including myself)

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 01:08 PM
there are some nice bars or even restaurants in 'vaulted' basements with atmosphere and charm which should please any goober (including myself)

lol :p
lleyton and kim must enjoy their little private moment :angel:

dagmar7
03-01-2004, 01:09 PM
I have happy memories of some of those cellars.:p

The textured brick makes a really nice backdrop for a photograph anyway--the ancient-looking wall contrasting with the happy, young couple etc. Really great!:D

I love unposed photographs in any case. I really dislike most glamour shots of celebrities, especially athletes for some reason. They really irritate me.:o

:scratch:

star
03-01-2004, 01:12 PM

I just went blue screen too!!!

tournesol
03-01-2004, 01:14 PM

I just went blue screen too!!!

welcome back to the world :cool:

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 01:15 PM
I have happy memories of some of those cellars.:p

The textured brick makes a really nice backdrop for a photograph anyway--the ancient-looking wall contrasting with the happy, young couple etc. Really great!:D

I love unposed photographs in any case. I really dislike most glamour shots of celebrities, especially athletes for some reason. They really irritate me.:o

yea i pretty much agree to that too :o they just dont seem "themselves" when they pose for some sort of photographs

tournesol
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
yea i pretty much agree to that too :o they just dont seem "themselves" when they pose for some sort of photographs

i think that ingrid's pics have been captured from a video or a tv show which give them more life than 'normal' pics

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 01:29 PM
i think that ingrid's pics have been captured from a video or a tv show which give them more life than 'normal' pics

exactly :D although sometimes it's great to have quality pics taken from expensive cameras...i adore those people that knows how to use em :worship:

dagmar7
03-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Yes, they are taken from television. Ingrid=so talented :)

It's strange--I love portraits (paintings) and I love photography, but I just don't like the conventions of the glamour photograph.

In particular, I get annoyed by he sexy face--eyes half-closed; mouth half-open. It helped make Marilyn Monroe an eternal icon, but it makes most people look dim-witted or like they are about to throw up.

okay, that's my mini-rant for the day.:angel:

I should get back to work.

:wavey: all

kim4eva
03-01-2004, 01:34 PM
ah i haven't realised i've been in here for soo long :o
i better get some sleep before i fail my science test :p i better study some more...

:wavey: guys!

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 03:56 PM
:wavey: thread (bad timing again :o )

:hug: for Angèle's let's say challenging babysit experience yesterday.
I for sure (risking to sound like ezel now :o :p ) can understand some parents getting desperate at times. :hatoff: to all parents.

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 04:03 PM

LMAO :yeah:

I was soooooooo wrong with my predictions re the oscars: I'd been saying maximum 5/6 to ROTK :p . Very happy though, although I rather see it is a reward for the entire trilogy, as it is one film in fact, in three parts. I wasn't 100% pleased with ROTK as such, but then I only consider the DVD EE versions as the real thing. Anyway, huge :hatoff: to the entire cast and crew working on this fantastic project. They deserve every respect for their talent and dedication. :worship: :worship: :worship:

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 04:07 PM
:haha: you all are on a roll today :D

thanks for making me laugh: I just needed it! :kiss:

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 04:10 PM
*Buys Kim plane ticket to Halifax* :p

:p

:secret: for good measure (and as there are two players involved in this ;) ) I'd advice to add a ticket for Lleyton too, just as an insurance policy :p

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 04:19 PM

yep, indeed, I use image by image screen stills from digital recording to turn them into jpeg files. Because of all the reformatting, I loose quality. The best quality I have is just on my original pics of these screen stills, but I can't post these unfortunately; they eat KBs. :(

Dani: the show was on TV1 yesterday night. If Angèle wouldn't have asked me info about the interview with "our couple", I wouldn't have known about it in the first place as I hadn't been watching any TV on Sunday. It was pure luck that she could get hold of me just in time to get me hurrying up to my recorder and all :bounce: for Angèle! (and internet)

Dagmar: thanks *blush* photography is one of my passions so it's always a pleasure when I can make some time to make pics for the fans.

I hope I can finish the rest of the pics tonight, dunno as I have a meeting in two hours and I'm not so sure if I still will be in the mood or left with any energy after that one...I'll see. If I can make the rest of the show into stills, I guess I might have another 20 pics or so.

KaseyL
03-01-2004, 04:21 PM
ah i haven't realised i've been in here for soo long :o
i better get some sleep before i fail my science test :p i better study some more...

:wavey: guys!

:smash: @ you for being here instead of studying tsts :p

I bet science is not so interesting :p , wish you good luck though! I'm sure you can do it! :hug:

Talking of not hanging on in here, I need to be off too :( :wavey:

star
03-01-2004, 04:59 PM
:wavey: Hi!

and :wavey: Bye..... :)

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 05:10 PM
:p

:secret: for good measure (and as there are two players involved in this ;) ) I'd advice to add a ticket for Lleyton too, just as an insurance policy :p

hey I ain't made of money here :p Kim can video tape the experience and make Lleyton watch it :p

Jess
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh my goodness :eek: Can we stop with the baby horror stories now!!!!! :p Some of us are already in a situation we can't get out of ;) :lol:

Angele
03-01-2004, 06:30 PM
:wavey: Anybody?

Angele
03-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Oh my goodness :eek: Can we stop with the baby horror stories now!!!!! :p Some of us are already in a situation we can't get out of ;) :lol:
Ah sorry Jess :hug: If it's any consolation though I've never talked to any parents who regret having kids even when they kids are at those stages where they mis-behave :o And not all kids are like that anyway, far from it!

zanychick
03-01-2004, 06:38 PM

Angele
03-01-2004, 06:48 PM
Still here Clare?

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Canada won something at the Oscars :woohoo: :p

zanychick
03-01-2004, 06:54 PM
yeah I'm still here

Angele
03-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Hey Ileana :wavey:

Yeah I saw that :yeah:

zanychick
03-01-2004, 06:57 PM
:wavey: Ileana

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:00 PM
The USTA is just about to sign a deal to give US Open coverage to EPSN!! :mad:

*primal scream* :shout:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Clare and Ange :wavey:

zanychick
03-01-2004, 07:01 PM
Michael Owen proposed to his girlfriend on Valentines Day(which is also her birthday) whilst nursing her back to health after she feel off her horse and suffered multiple fractures to her pelvis, finger and back - who said romance was dead?

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
The USTA is just about to sign a deal to give US Open coverage to EPSN!! :mad:

*primal scream* :shout:
WHAT?? Crap :fiery: That was the only slam with decent coverage :mad:

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Michael Owen proposed to his girlfriend on Valentines Day(which is also her birthday) whilst nursing her back to health after she feel off her horse and suffered multiple fractures to her pelvis, finger and back - who said romance was dead?
Awww :hearts: :angel:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:06 PM
WHAT?? Crap :fiery: That was the only slam with decent coverage :mad:

The article is in GM :bigcry:

USA network had great coverage!! They showed players based on seed not nationality!! I can't believe ESPN is looking to pick up the USO after the abomination that was the Aus Open.

They got so much backlash why would they want to pick up another slam?! :fiery:

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
The article is in GM :bigcry:

USA network had great coverage!! They showed players based on seed not nationality!! I can't believe ESPN is looking to pick up the USO after the abomination that was the Aus Open.

They got so much backlash why would they want to pick up another slam?! :fiery:
I totally agree with you, I can't believe ESPN wants to pick up another slam :mad:

zanychick
03-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I don't have ESPN so I don't really know whats going on (all tennis coverage courtesy of BBC - good after Tim Henman has been beaten but before that not) but I will join you in saying bad ESPN bad

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't have ESPN so I don't really know whats going on (all tennis coverage courtesy of BBC - good after Tim Henman has been beaten but before that not) but I will join you in saying bad ESPN bad
Well ESPN is basically like the BBC only they (Americans) have 10 Tim Henmans and 10 female Tim Henmans so it takes a lot of time to get rid of all of them :mad: Throw in the fact that Americans include the likes of Serena, Venus, Jennifer, Lindsay and Andy and there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them will still be there on the last weekend of the slam :(

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Yes Bad ESPN is right! The Aus Open was a complete joke. If they honestly tried I don't think they could've made the coverage any worst!

USA network is great compared to them..and they had the US Open contract till ESPN obviously decided to butt in :rolleyes:

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:15 PM
I just read the article in GM and it sounds almost like USA might still have coverage of the USO :scratch: I'm praying in any case, I can't take another all American Slam :banghead:

zanychick
03-01-2004, 07:16 PM
BBC gives me the final of the Aus Open and all of Roland Garros and Wimbledon so I can't complain really, plus highlights occasionally of other tournaments if Tim is doing well there

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Well ESPN is basically like the BBC only they (Americans) have 10 Tim Henmans and 10 female Tim Henmans so it takes a lot of time to get rid of all of them :mad: Throw in the fact that Americans include the likes of Serena, Venus, Jennifer, Lindsay and Andy and there's a pretty good chance that at least one of them will still be there on the last weekend of the slam :(

Seriously :rolleyes: Plus if Venus, Serena, Jen don't happen to be there you won't see the women at all basically :mad:

They're like freaking terrified of showing anyone who's not american :( meaning we didn't see 1 second of Kim coverage at the Aus till the Quarter final..after all she's only the #2 seed :rolleyes:

USA Network on the other hand shows a lot more based on player seed. We saw every single one of Kim's matches last year (the complete match) cause she was the women's #1 seed.

They showed all the different seeds as well.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:20 PM
I just read the article in GM and it sounds almost like USA might still have coverage of the USO :scratch: I'm praying in any case, I can't take another all American Slam :banghead:

Doesn't matter..if they actually decide to split coverage (which I don't think they'll do) we will get ESPN's coverage. TSN is like the Canadian ESPN..they won't show USA :(

The only hope is that ESPN/USA split coverage as in showing different days so TSN would pick up both ESPN and USA..but I'm not sure.

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Last year's USO was the best coverage I've ever seen of Kim... I was very :worship: about USA's coverage last year... we even got to see Kim with the squeegee (sp?) on the courts :D But I'm sure this year we'll get utter and complete crap much like the AO :fiery:

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Doesn't matter..if they actually decide to split coverage (which I don't think they'll do) we will get ESPN's coverage. TSN is like the Canadian ESPN..they won't show USA :(

The only hope is that ESPN/USA split coverage as in showing different days so TSN would pick up both ESPN and USA..but I'm not sure.
I think coverage might be split based on tournament though, at least that's what I'm hoping. If ESPN picked up all the summer events and USA kept the USO that would be great :D Not holding my breath though but it would definetly be great :D

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:23 PM
It's kinda sad cause their coverage is the reason I don't like any American players :( I hate having it forced on me so as a result I hope for all the Americans to lose so I can watch my faves.

zanychick
03-01-2004, 07:24 PM
well anyway, hope you get to keep USA and the evil ESPN goes away (as you can tell no idea what I'm talking about here)

I'm going to go and watch the end of Eastenders whilst staring blankly at some Logaritims

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't say that I hate all the American players however I do find myself wishing that they'd just lose... even Andy sometimes :o

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Cya later Clare :wavey:

zanychick
03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
oh but BBC interactive is brilliant - you get to choose which court you watch so you can decide who to watch

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:26 PM
oh but BBC interactive is brilliant - you get to choose which court you watch so you can decide who to watch
I would give anything for coverage like that!!

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:27 PM
Speaking of tennis coverage, what do you make of this Ileana? I swear if we don't get coverage of IW I am going to freak out :fiery:

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/tv_schedule.asp?sport=TENNIS

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Speaking of tennis coverage, what do you make of this Ileana? I swear if we don't get coverage of IW I am going to freak out :fiery:

http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/tv_schedule.asp?sport=TENNIS

Don't worry a couple of days ago someone in GM posted TSN coverage schedule for IW ;)

Women's quarter are suppose to be shown but nothing for women's semi or final :( I guess we'll have to wait and see though, cause TSN isn't always right after all they're depending on ESPN.

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Don't worry a couple of days ago someone in GM posted TSN coverage schedule for IW ;)

Women's quarter are suppose to be shown but nothing for women's semi or final :( I guess we'll have to wait and see though, cause TSN isn't always right after all they're depending on ESPN.
We probably won't get the woman's final... it was only a stroke of luck that we got it last year but as a result we didn't get the men's final :( If I remember correctly there was rain or something so they had to play a men's semi on the same day as the final so they played the men's semi, then woman's final, then men's final. So the woman's final was moved into the men's final time slot. I don't remember if we got the semis or not though :scratch:

Do you know when our coverage is supposed to start?

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:40 PM
We probably won't get the woman's final... it was only a stroke of luck that we got it last year but as a result we didn't get the men's final :( If I remember correctly there was rain or something so they had to play a men's semi on the same day as the final so they played the men's semi, then woman's final, then men's final. So the woman's final was moved into the men's final time slot. I don't remember if we got the semis or not though :scratch:

Do you know when our coverage is supposed to start?

Should be first day of the tournament probably.

Yeah last year was a fluke lol :p but we still got the semi final didn't we? :scratch:

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
When's the first day of the tournament? I know the tournament is 2 weeks but I think it's qualies for the first few days... :scratch:

I'm really not sure about the semis, I can't remember at all if we got them or not.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
When's the first day of the tournament? I know the tournament is 2 weeks but I think it's qualies for the first few days... :scratch:

I'm really not sure about the semis, I can't remember at all if we got them or not.

March 8th is the first day. It's the monday.

lol song on the radio is reminding me of Cilla and I comparing 'My Immortal' lyrics to how we feel about Kim's losses :lol:

White Flag..'I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flag above my door..'

lol sorry..just found it amusing :o :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:50 PM
We definetly don't have coverage Monday or Tuesday cuz I checked the TSN site and they've got their schedule up til then and no tennis :( We better have coverage towards the end of the week!

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Actually the tuesday schedule is just up til about midday so it's possible we'd have coverage later in the day.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
We definetly don't have coverage Monday or Tuesday cuz I checked the TSN site and they've got their schedule up til then and no tennis :( We better have coverage towards the end of the week!

They'll have early round coverage I'm sure. It is a Master Series event after all.

Angele
03-01-2004, 07:52 PM
They'll have early round coverage I'm sure. It is a Master Series event after all.
I know, I'm just a little worried :o

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 07:55 PM
I know, I'm just a little worried :o

I expect very little now..that way I can't be disappointed lol :p I would take one Kim match if I can get it but I'm not even expecting that really.

Fortunatly for me while Kim is chillin' I've got soccer to keep my attention :p At least for the next few days ;)

Take out Costa Rica tonight girls!! :bounce:

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:00 PM
I think we've got a better chance of seeing Kim than Lleyton cuz there are a ton of American men playing where as not as many top American women. And also Kim's bound to get centre court being the #1 seed so they might be forced to show her :o

:yeah: for Soccer :bounce:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
I think we've got a better chance of seeing Kim than Lleyton cuz there are a ton of American men playing where as not as many top American women. And also Kim's bound to get centre court being the #1 seed so they might be forced to show her :o

:yeah: for Soccer :bounce:

Maybe..but Lleyton is the 2 time defending champion. Is Justine not going to IW? :confused:

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Maybe..but Lleyton is the 2 time defending champion. Is Justine not going to IW? :confused:
If ESPN is doing the coverage I can't see them caring too much about the fact that Lleyton is 2 time defending champion :o The only thing that'll save us is if the tournament gives him centre court for all his matches!

Nope, no Justine... give me a sec and I'll find the commitments for ya!

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Oh nevermind, Justine is there... I thought for sure she wasn't :scratch:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:07 PM
lol look at this..ESPN :rolleyes:

I realize articles make small mistakes but someone really should have caught this :p

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/soc/2002/1109/photo/lang_ht.jpg

The caption is 'The United States' Kara Lang, right, battles Canada's Christine Sinclair for the ball.'

Even the picture itself is called Lang :p

No you can't have her!! :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:08 PM
I don't know why I thought Justine wasn't playing :o Damn I can't believe she's playing :mad: Our chances of seeing any of Kim just shrunk :(

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:09 PM
Oh nevermind, Justine is there... I thought for sure she wasn't :scratch:

I kinda figured..everyone kept asking if she was going and I said she didn't go last year but that doesn't really mean anything.

Murkofan
Helloooooooooooooooo! :wavey:

Angele
lol look at this..ESPN :rolleyes:

I realize articles make small mistakes but someone really should have caught this :p

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/soc/2002/1109/photo/lang_ht.jpg

The caption is 'The United States' Kara Lang, right, battles Canada's Christine Sinclair for the ball.'

Even the picture itself is called Lang :p

No you can't have her!! :p

Angele
:wavey: Marls!

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Wait, wait, wait--what's this about ESPN, USA, and the USO coverage?

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey Marly :wavey:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Wait, wait, wait--what's this about ESPN, USA, and the USO coverage?

The article is in GM..looks like ESPN wants coverage of the USO :rolleyes: Which is giving me an overwhelming desire to jump off a bridge :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:17 PM
What? :fiery: That gives me an overwhelming desire to push ESPN off a bridge :fiery: :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:18 PM
What? :fiery: That gives me an overwhelming desire to push ESPN off a bridge :fiery: :p

Well ESPN isn't exactly one entity that you can push off a bridge..so good luck with that :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Well ESPN isn't exactly one entity that you can push off a bridge..so good luck with that :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:20 PM
I'll push everyone associated with ESPN off a bridge, which is essentially the same thing :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:22 PM
You'll be mighty tired :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:22 PM
I'm reading last year's interviews from IW... some of the reporters seemed to be very interested in Lley and Kim as couple... I for one am praying for the same reporters this year :angel:

Lleyton is such a liar though :p They were telling him about Kim's superstitions and he's like oh I didn't know about those... yeah right :p And of course IW was the scene of the famous I can't believe she dobbed me in quote!

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:24 PM
You'll be mighty tired :p
I reckon it would be worth it though :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:25 PM
They asked Kim if it was stressful for them to play finals on the same day and Kim said she didn't think he was too concerned about her final cuz he was still asleep when she left :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:27 PM
I reckon it would be worth it though :p

Good point..Agreed ;)

I played tennis yesterday and my backside is sore *groan* :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Good point..Agreed ;)

I played tennis yesterday and my backside is sore *groan* :p
:nerner:

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Pfff, ye of little faith in my ass-kicking abilities :p I'll probably intimidate them so much they'll jump instead of waiting for me to push 'em :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Pfff, ye of little faith in my ass-kicking abilities :p I'll probably intimidate them so much they'll jump instead of waiting for me to push 'em :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:32 PM

I don't doubt your ass-kicking abilities :p You've already mentioned times when you've had no regard for your bodily well being..that's enough for me :p

Pff Ange..are you mocking my pain and suffering? :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:34 PM
I would gladly incur some bodily harm if it meant liberating the rest of my fellow North American tennis fans from the crapfest that is ESPN's coverage :p

Ileana, I'm not mocking your pain :angel: :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Pff Ange..are you mocking my pain and suffering? :p

Indeed I am :nerner: :nerner:

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:36 PM
I would gladly incur some bodily harm if it meant liberating the rest of my fellow North American tennis fans from the crapfest that is ESPN's coverage :p

:worship: :kiss:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Indeed I am :nerner: :nerner:

Bastard! *shakes fist at Ange* :p

Thank you Marly for not mocking me :angel: ;) :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Marly's taking one for the team! ;) :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:41 PM
*Follows suit and shakes fist at Angele* :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:42 PM

Bastard! *shakes fist at Ange* :p

I'm feeling rather :devil: today :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:42 PM
*Follows suit and shakes fist at Angele* :p
Hey I didn't do anything to you :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:46 PM

Ah Ha! Payback for you ganging up on me for who had to change their username first :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Ah Ha! Payback for you ganging up on me for who had to change their username first :p

Angele
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Anyways I gotta go, we can fight later ;) :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM

Maybe I'm in a :devil: mood too, bottlebutt :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Anyways I gotta go, we can fight later ;) :p

Promise? :p

Later Ange :wavey:

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Maybe I'm in a :devil: mood too, bottlebutt :p

bottlebutt? :scratch: lol Did I miss something? :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Bottlebutt was the name of a cat my parents had before my sister was born :p We now use it as an all-purpose insult :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Bottlebutt was the name of a cat my parents had before my sister was born :p We now use it as an all-purpose insult :p

Dare I even ask why..:p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Why the cat was named Bottlebutt, or why we use it as an insult? :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Why the cat was named Bottlebutt, or why we use it as an insult? :p

Either..both..whatever :p

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Good morning! Looks like I've stumbled into another conversation I have no hope of understanding!

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Well, I don't know why exactly the cat was named Bottlebutt :p But bottlebutt became an insult for us because...my sister used it one day and it stuck? :p And also because we look like Bottlebutts. And Thunder Thighs :p

:wavey: Jane!

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 09:28 PM
Good morning! Looks like I've stumbled into another conversation I have no hope of understanding!

Jane :wavey:

That's ok ..you and me both lol :p

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:31 PM
How is everyone? I am still sneezing.

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm fine. Fighting off sugar shock and contemplating what to pack for my trip :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Good good thanks :)

and you?

Edit: Besides the sneezing that is ;) :p

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm fine apart from the hay fever! I'm a bit sick of it though.

Are you going anywhere nice Marly? As for sugar shock I would have thought Americans were immune by now.

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Texas girls' high school state basketball tournament :yeah:

I used to be fine with sugar, but I've got PCOS, which, by the way I've felt in the last month or so when having sugar (or too many carbs, which become sugar), has developed into diabetes. I'm going to an endocrinologist to make sure.

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Oh that's no good at all. Luckily in this day and age there's a lot they can do to alleviate diabetes, if in fact you do have it.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Texas girls' high school state basketball tournament :yeah:

I used to be fine with sugar, but I've got PCOS, which, by the way I've felt in the last month or so when having sugar (or too many carbs, which become sugar), has developed into diabetes. I'm going to an endocrinologist to make sure.

what's PCOS?

Perhaps it's hypoglycemia instead of diabetes.

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:55 PM
I think it's wise to see an endocrinologist who will know for sure!

Jess
03-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Hiya :wavey:

Sorry to hear you're not well Marly.

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:57 PM
There's a lot of hidden sugar in modern food everywhere, but I have to say I nearly died of shock the first time I went to the states and the bread and orange juice were sweetened!

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Jess, how are you?

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I used to have a couple of sodas a day, but I can't handle any anymore. I had three sips of my sister's soda at lunch and spent most of the afternoon in sugar shock :rolleyes: At least, that's what it feels like. I start to shake and shudder and end of vomiting.

The reason mi familia thinks it's diabetes is because there's a correlation between PCOS and developing Type II diabetes.

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:03 PM
I'm fine thanks Jane.

Hope you get some medicine or something that makes you feel better Marly.

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Well it definitely sounds unpleasant.

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I think there are medications for Type II (if that's what it is) but the most success is with a Low Gylcemic diet. Either way people feel better quickly. Where's Anne when we need her?

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

I used to have a couple of sodas a day, but I can't handle any anymore. I had three sips of my sister's soda at lunch and spent most of the afternoon in sugar shock :rolleyes: At least, that's what it feels like. I start to shake and shudder and end of vomiting.

The reason mi familia thinks it's diabetes is because there's a correlation between PCOS and developing Type II diabetes.

oh ok I see.

I hope you're alright :)

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:08 PM
I suspect it's also possible to develop a sensitivity to the chemicals in some soda.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:09 PM
I think there are medications for Type II (if that's what it is) but the most success is with a Low Gylcemic diet. Either way people feel better quickly. Where's Anne when we need her?

I've got a friend who has type II diabetes, he controls it with diet. Once you find your personal balance it gets easier. Like my mom..she's had hypoglycemia for like 20 years..she actually suppose to eat every 2 hours, but she knows how to control it so she doesn't have to do that. She hasn't had a hypoglycemic attack for years..

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:12 PM
I think a lot of chronic conditions are like that - you learn how best to control them for yourself until eventually doctors are trying to tell you what to do and you really do know better then they do!

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Pff, I'm fine :p Thanks for the concern, though. The most annoying thing is my constant craving for water. I'm up to about 7 quarts a day now :p

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
My mom also had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me :o

No worries though I came out fine :p

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 10:20 PM
What on earth is gestational diabetes? :p

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
It's diabetes you get when you're pregnant!

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Yes gestational diabetes is quite common but the vast majority of women who get it are fine after the birth. I think it can cause large babies, I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing seeing as mostly the doctors are trying to achieve large babies!

The water thing does sound suspicious, I'm afraid.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:25 PM
like Jess said..It's diabetes for the duration of the pregnancy. It goes away after the mother gives birth. Normally not a big deal..it could only be a problem if it goes unchecked. However my mom's docter was well aware ;)

So no problems for me ;) It can cause obesity in children, among other things..luckily I dodged that bullet :p

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Oh OK, I guess that's what bad about the baby being large.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Yes gestational diabetes is quite common but the vast majority of women who get it are fine after the birth. I think it can cause large babies, I'm not sure why that's such a bad thing seeing as mostly the doctors are trying to achieve large babies!

The water thing does sound suspicious, I'm afraid.

Well the problem would be the babies are too big and difficult for the mother to give birth to :o

I think the doctor decided to induce my mother with me.. 2 weeks before my due date and I was 7 pounds and 2 ounces I think. There was no point in letting me put on more weight for another 2 weeks lol :p

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:29 PM
Really large babies can cause more dangerous (not to mention painful!!!) births. Doctors want nice middle sized babies ;)

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Yes I guess if they're really larege that could be a problem. But the rest of the time the aim is not to have them too small! Next there'll be some exact weight that everyone is supposed to achieve, like there isn't enough pressure already, LOL.

Murkofan
03-01-2004, 10:31 PM
I'd never heard of gestational diabetes before. Interesting.

I'm glad you dodged the bullet, Ileana :p

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Yes I guess if they're really larege that could be a problem. But the rest of the time the aim is not to have them too small! Next there'll be some exact weight that everyone is supposed to achieve, like there isn't enough pressure already, LOL.

I know!! Not too big, not too small, not too early not too late :rolleyes: It is an endless list!

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:35 PM
I'd never heard of gestational diabetes before. Interesting.

I'm glad you dodged the bullet, Ileana :p

Thank you..as am I :p

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I wish it was next week. I've got tennis deprivation.

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:37 PM
I know!! Not too big, not too small, not too early not too late :rolleyes: It is an endless list!

Well as long as the baby is fully developped and healthy then who really cares how much they weight.

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:39 PM
Yep, fully developed and healthy is definitely the imprtant thing ;)

And yes, I wish the tennis would start now!!!

Jess
03-01-2004, 10:41 PM
Okay, I have to go to bed now - :wavey:

Goodnight everyone

Chesty Larue
03-01-2004, 10:43 PM
Night Jess :wavey:

I should take off as well..Later guys :wavey:

Angele
03-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Anybody still around?

Billabong
03-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi angele :wavey:!

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm still here, mostly!

Lisbeth
03-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Hi Seb. Are you feeling better Angele?

Angele
03-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Seb and Jane :wavey: How are you guys today?

dagmar7

also suffering from tennis deprivation...

so many upsets today...Henman, Philippoussis and Schuettler in Dubai

now Taylor Dent in Scottsdale.

It makes me wonder if people don't just show up in Dubai take the appearance fees and run, but I don't think so with those three really. Mark P. and Schuettler are really struggling...

Angele
Hi Seb. Are you feeling better Angele?
I feel a little more like myself today :)

Billabong
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi guys:)!
Yeah I'm feeling great, I'm always in a good mood when I think about Guga's title last week;)!!! I'll be alone in my house during the full week cause my mother and my sister have their Spring break and they are at my cottage... so I can put music very loud;)!!!! lol...

Angele
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
:wavey: Dagmar!