The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 05 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 05

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

kim4eva
04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
:wavey:

star
04-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Thank you, thank you *bows* I'm not sure that working at McDonalds is fantabulous, but it's a job :p If only I didn't look like (in my sister's words) a prison guard in my uniform, things would be great :p

I went to orientation in San Antonio yesterday, and I start this morning at 7 :yawn:

Good luck! McDonalds is not the "easy" job it's cracked up to be. :)

Keep those fries cookin' !!

kim4eva
04-16-2004, 01:32 PM
sorry i was not very clear; you play soccer on a tennis court with the following rules (at least it's what i guessed watching)

- play in pairs (like double)

- use the serve areas and the corridors

- use a small soccer ball

- play without racket but with feet and head

- you kick the ball over the net (like a serve)

- the opposite team 'receives the serve' and can pass the ball once to each other and/or juggle it as much as they like provided it's doesn't drop to the ground and then send it back over the net (kick or head)

- count the score as in volley ball

its terribly fast and fun

That does sound very cool indeed :)
Wish I'd try to play one day but i don't know if my coach will let me..I reckon he'll go, play your tennis and stop fooling around :p I might just try it with my dad and sister then, they'll probably let me ;)

kim4eva
04-16-2004, 01:47 PM
:wavey: anyone here?

tournesol
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
:wavey: anyone here?

:wavey: keira and christina

tournesol
04-16-2004, 02:08 PM
That does sound very cool indeed :)
Wish I'd try to play one day but i don't know if my coach will let me..I reckon he'll go, play your tennis and stop fooling around :p I might just try it with my dad and sister then, they'll probably let me ;)

i just hope your coach discovered that lots of non-tennis activities help you improve tennis skills and conversely some things are totally counterproductive

Jess
04-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Anyone here?

Murkofan
04-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Good luck! McDonalds is not the "easy" job it's cracked up to be. :)

Keep those fries cookin' !!

I can cook fries and McNuggets and hash browns and burgers and chicken and eggs and steak and sausage :p I learned it all in 3 1/2 hours, thank you very much :p Don't think I'll be having McDonalds food again any time soon, though :p

Cute avatar, btw :yeah:

Jess
04-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Anyone around?

Jess
04-16-2004, 11:38 PM
Okay I'm off now - got to start journey back to England :sad: :o Flight to Auckland leaves in a couple of hours :rolleyes:

I just totally don't want to go at the moment. Rachel has just been diagnosed with a form of pneumonia. When we heard from the hospital this morning she's still being sedated and she cannot breathe for herself. It's just awful. I really don't know what to do.

Hope everyone else is having a slightly better day :sad:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Oh Jess :hug: That isn't sounding so great but I'm sure the doctors have it all under control. Have a good trip back and try to focus on the positives (like you'll be back in, what, 6 weeks?) :hug: :hug:

Angele
04-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Anybody here? :wavey:

Jess so, so sorry about your friend :hug: :hug: It must be awful seeing her like that and then having to leave so suddenly :( I'm sure you'll keep close tabs on her though, even if it is just over the phone. Medecine has come a long way though, doctors can deal with a lot of things that they wouldn't have been able to deal with years ago so hopefully Rachel will be fine and as good as new in no time!

Angele
04-17-2004, 12:40 AM
Marly, Congrats on the new job and good luck although I'm sure you won't need it :yeah:

Angele
04-17-2004, 12:44 AM
I feel like I haven't talked to anybody in forever :( I've just had a crazy busy week and have hardly had a minute to myself. Nothing bad happening or anything, just super busy. Had a huge history assignement to finish, had to get some things done with my volleyball team ( cutting players among other things, I hate having to do that :( ) and then insanely busy with Spring Festival stuff. It's coming up in a week already :eek: :eek: So we're running around making decorations, finalizing plans and calling everybody who's involved to confirm their participation. Still haven't gotten some flyers/posters that we were supposed to get :( I had some appointements last week and was away on Thursday and Friday so my friend called for me and the posters were supposedly sent weeks ago so no doubt they were lost :(

ally_014
04-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Hi Angele :wavey: I don't think I've talked to you before! :)

That sounds pretty hectic, I've been like that too lately. Heaps of homework (6 assignments in a 1 week holiday :( , state selection trials for hockey, schools council stuff at college, speeches to write for college and a youth leadership program a group of us are running! :eek:

But on the bright side, in a day or so we'll have pics and reports and, by the sounds of it, video footage of the love match! :hearts:

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:07 AM
So I was away actually Wednesday evening to tonight ( friday evening) for Stars on Ice in Halifax. It was AMAZING :worship: I went to watch a similar type of show when I was just 7 or 8 but at that time I wasn't old enough to appreciate how good the skaters really are but this time I was. Their speed is probably the most :eek: factor. The triple axels are amazing yes but you can pretty much tell that by watching on tv. But just watching on tv you can't see how fast ( and talented!) they really are. It was just amazing. And they (mostly) put on a good show. Kurt Browning is just :worship: :worship: worthy, simply an amazing. An amazing skater and an amazing entertainer all rolled into one. Jamie and David were great, I was :hearts: :hearts: seeing them in person. They are just great, they were the highlight of the night for me. They do this great number where they pretend to be champion ballroom dancers, it's hilarious. And it ends up with David topless which well, there were no complaints about ;) Alexei Yagudin is also gorgeous in person :hearts: :drool: Brasseur and Eisler (sp??) were great as well and this tour is their final one so it was great to see them. Their last number was to a slow song ( forget which one) but it was really touching. They end up on their knees embracing and it's really something to see. And they're great entertainers as well. They do a piece to Skater Boi which is great. Some other observations: John Zimmerman is gorgeous which was a surprise to me! Todd Elderidge is 100 times better live than on tv however Jennifer Robinson, not so much :o :tape: Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze, I must admit despite my Salt Lake city bitterness, are very good. And they do some fun numbers as well :yeah: Steve Cousins is :lol: I really liked his numbers. Shae Lynn Bourne is good but a little out of place there I found :shrug: I mean she's a great ice dancer but somebody ice dancing alone isn't that appealing. She does a number by herself and it's good ( the hydro blading is cool and Shae is very flexible) but she was basically just skating around in circles :o No jumps, no spins, nothing :o But I mean she was good, and it was good to see her, but it would of been tons better if she would of been there with Victor. Overall though the eveving was wonderful and I had a great time!

The rest of my little vacation was great as well. I was forced to just relax because 5 hours away there's really nothing I can do about Spring Festival and other things that would have required attention had I been home. So I got to read simply for the joy of reading for the first time in a long time and I went to watch a movie :D The Prince and Me... it was great :bounce: A very gooberish film but that's right up my alley of course ;) I highly recommend it :D

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi Ally :wavey: Wow, sounds like you've had a pretty hectic time as well :eek: Sucks to be so busy huh?

So how are you doing besides being busy?

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:13 AM
I should also add that I watched the movie at noon on a thursday afternoon and I was the only person in this very big theatre :o But I was glad because that allowed me to cry without being embarassed lol

ally_014
04-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Well I've never heard of any of those people - but I'm sure they're great! :lol: btw jamie and david, are they the ones that should have won gold at the olympics and the judges were dodgy?

It sounds good that you had a chance to get away and relax for a while. I love reading, it just takes you into another world. At the moment I'm reading Shogun by James Clavell and its just brilliant. Its all about Japan around 1600 and their culture and traditions are fascinating, I read it for like 3 hours last night until about 2:00 in the morning without realising! :o :)

I've never heard of the Prince and Me but I'll definitely have a look when it gets here! At the moment I'm hanging out for Troy to be released, and the next Harry Potter movie!

Danni
04-17-2004, 01:26 AM
:wavey: anyone

ally_014
04-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Doing not much at the moment cos I'm stuck in Launceston (which we call Dismal Flats lol) :( My brother was meant to playing in a Special Olympics tennis tournament and now its absolutely pouring with rain so we're all stuck here with nothing to do and I don't have my homework with me so I can't even do anything useful!

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:28 AM
I'm a big figure skating fan so it was great to see them all. I'd say the best/most popular skaters there were Jamie and David, the other pairs team involved in the Olympic scandal, Alexei Yagudin and Kurt Browning although Kurt might only be so popular in Canada...? They were all fantastic though. And you are indeed right about Jamie and David! They're canadian and I've been a big fan for a long time and I was really upset about the whole Olympic thing :mad:

I'm a big fan of romances so the Danielle Steele novel I read over the last couple of days was a big :yeah: for me. I read other things as well though and I'll keep that book you mentioned in mind!!

The Prince and Me is *almost* the very typical teenage romantic comedy. It's about a uni student who falls in love with a danish exchange student who actually durns out to be the Crown Prince of Denmark! Everything for a while is really predictable but there's a twist at the end ( which was where I cried ;) ) but I left the theatre with a smile so it was all good :angel:

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Danni :wavey:

Angele
It must annoying to have nothing to do Ally but I'd take the next couple of hours to just relax a little, especially since you've been so busy lately :hug:

ally_014
:wavey: Danni!

Danni
04-17-2004, 01:35 AM
:wazzup: with you chickybabes? I'm so tired cos I've been at camp all week and had to get up BEFORE 6:30am this morning (my first day back) to go to the airport to welcome my sister back from NZ, and she forgot my present :rolleyes: :fiery: :p

ally_014
04-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Yay! I know something about figure skating!

That'll be funny if that movie comes out here, there's a whole big fuss at the moment about the Crown Prince of Denmark marrying a Tasmanian girl!

Yeah I will relax, I'm just doing some research for college while I'm talking so don't worry if I wander off unexpectedly!

ally_014
04-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Bugger! Any morning getting up that early is awful and to not even get any compensation :p well thats just not on!

Danni
04-17-2004, 01:40 AM
it's a pretty amazing story about that Tassie chic and the prince :eek: every girl's dream i spose :angel:

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:41 AM
Figure Skating is a great sport :yeah: I took some pictures with my digital camera... some turned out pretty alright ( although not as good as on my real camera) so I'll post the digital camera ones when I have time ( hopefully today!).

A :yeah: the Crown Prince of Denmark! A little new blood to royal families is always good!

ally_014
04-17-2004, 01:46 AM
I reckon its so funny the way everyones making such a fuss out of it - there's all these Danish journos and photographers skulking around Hobart trying to get 'behind the scenes' stories and stuff! :lol: But its good publicity for all our produce and tourism and one of our local bands is playing there - we did a whole lesson on denmark and their history for the girls in our class going!

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:49 AM
So somebody fill me on the whole prince of Denmark thing!

Danni
04-17-2004, 01:54 AM
Ally probably knows more than me...all i know is he's getting married to a girl from Tasmania.

possie
04-17-2004, 01:57 AM
*Weakly raises arm* :wavey:

Danni
04-17-2004, 01:59 AM
hey anne! why is your arm weak? :scratch:

Angele
04-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Anne!!! :wavey: :hug: I haven't talked to you in forever. I was thinking of sending you a frantic how are you pm just now :o

possie
04-17-2004, 02:01 AM
Hey girls :kiss:

hey anne! why is your arm weak? :scratch:

I could go on and on, but lets just say I'm overworked and underpaid ;)

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:03 AM
big hugs Anne :hug: :hug: I can just imagine what John is putting you through at the moment :mad:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 02:05 AM
Hi Anne! :wavey:

Well, here goes. Crown Prince Frederik met Mary Donaldson at the Sydney Olympics in a bar or something. They fell in love. *awww* He went back to Denmark, she stayed in Sydney but they had a long distance relationship for a year or two and he visited a lot. I think she might of quit her job then and moved to Denmark. There was heaps of speculation about when the engagement would be announced, then Queen Margrethe (I dunno how to spell it) approved the 'pairing' and the engagement was announced a while ago. The wedding's in about a month. :)

See you all in a little while - it's lunch time!

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:07 AM
That sounds romantic Ally :angel:

Cya later, have a nice lunch :wavey:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 02:07 AM
:hug: that doesn't sound too good Anne, talk to you soon...

possie
04-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Anne!!! :wavey: :hug: I haven't talked to you in forever. I was thinking of sending you a frantic how are you pm just now :o

I'm really sorry Ange, I just have a lot on my plate :( I'm the one who should be replying to your pm's :o but I've hardly been here at all in the past 2 weeks (or has it been longer :scratch: :o ) I hope you're Ok. I see you've been a busy girl yourself!

And speaking of movies, when I was in America, I saw a preview for The Prince & Me and immediately I was like "Ooooo I have to see that!" (The prince guy looks :hearts: !! ) but as yet it hasn't come out here in Australia - not even previews or 'coming soon' ads on TV for it. I guess I'll just have to sit patiently, but rest assured, I'm sure I'll see it!

Danni
04-17-2004, 02:09 AM
I'm missed out on the 'why is kim so disliked' thread and all it's glory :(...but don't worry I'm reading it now :p

possie
04-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi and Bye Ally.

I did know a little about the Mary Donaldson fairytale (if I can call it that ;) ) but thanks for letting us know more details :kiss: We often have articles about them in our Sydney newspapers too, but I'm sure Tasmania is wedding crazy!

Talk to you later Ally.

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:13 AM
I'm really sorry Ange, I just have a lot on my plate :( I'm the one who should be replying to your pm's :o but I've hardly been here at all in the past 2 weeks (or has it been longer :scratch: :o ) I hope you're Ok. I see you've been a busy girl yourself!

You know you don't have to worry about that Anne :hug: I gathered from your few quick posts the last couple of weeks that you were very busy but I just wanted to check in to make sure it wasn't anything more than uni and work. And I have indeed been very busy this last week ( have hardly been online either) which is exactly why you didn't have a PM to greet you today! I was going to get to it this weekend though!

And speaking of movies, when I was in America, I saw a preview for The Prince & Me and immediately I was like "Ooooo I have to see that!" (The prince guy looks :hearts: !! ) but as yet it hasn't come out here in Australia - not even previews or 'coming soon' ads on TV for it. I guess I'll just have to sit patiently, but rest assured, I'm sure I'll see it!

You'd love it :D As soon as I saw the previews I knew that I just had to see it as well! The prince is very, very :hearts: :hearts: and he and Julia Stiles make a really cute couple :angel: And the way everything happens is really great!

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:14 AM
I'm missed out on the 'why is kim so disliked' thread and all it's glory :(...but don't worry I'm reading it now :p
Yeah I totally missed that as well... I don't think I'm going to read it though, I'd probably just get mad and start fighting lol

possie
04-17-2004, 02:21 AM
You know you don't have to worry about that Anne :hug: I gathered from your few quick posts the last couple of weeks that you were very busy but I just wanted to check in to make sure it wasn't anything more than uni and work. And I have indeed been very busy this last week ( have hardly been online either) which is exactly why you didn't have a PM to greet you today! I was going to get to it this weekend though!

Well, uni is busy. Homework is starting to pile up and our days in classes are getting longer. Work is, well, you know what its like, although I did tell John to put me on less and he (so far) has seemed to obey. I don't know what the true state of the business is at the moment, but we all have a compulsory staff meeting tomorrow. We're all busy guessing what going to happen then :unsure: I think I told you that my gorgeous dog, unexpectly, died so that hasn't made life in the past 2 weeks any easier, and then there's just a few other things that I worry about :o

You'd love it :D As soon as I saw the previews I knew that I just had to see it as well! The prince is very, very :hearts: :hearts: and he and Julia Stiles make a really cute couple :angel: And the way everything happens is really great!

I know I will! I just wish we'd hurry up and get it as I've wanted to see it ever since I saw the preview in America! :o :angel:

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Well, uni is busy. Homework is starting to pile up and our days in classes are getting longer. Work is, well, you know what its like, although I did tell John to put me on less and he (so far) has seemed to obey. I don't know what the true state of the business is at the moment, but we all have a compulsory staff meeting tomorrow. We're all busy guessing what going to happen then :unsure:

:hug: for uni and homework. I'm sure it's no consolation atm but just think that it's almost over. In just a couple of short months you'll be done with long hours listening to boring lecturers and piles and piles of homeworks. As for the pizzeria, your guess is certainly better than mine! I think you told me though that a couple of waitresses had quit lately and you guys were very understaffed right? I would suppose the meeting is about that although there must be something more because there would be no time in him organizing a meeting just to tell you that you're understaffed.

I think I told you that my gorgeous dog, unexpectly, died so that hasn't made life in the past 2 weeks any easier, and then there's just a few other things that I worry about :o

Yes you did tell me about that :sad: :hug: I know that the loss of a pet can be crushing. When my cat died a couple of years ago I was heart broken as I'm sure you still are right now :sad: But it'll get better, I promise!

I know I will! I just wish we'd hurry up and get it as I've wanted to see it ever since I saw the preview in America! :o :angel:

Look at it this way: it'll be all the more exciting/worth it when you do get to see it!

Danni
04-17-2004, 02:37 AM
so sorry about your dog Anne :hug: :(
anyways, i have to go :wavey: later girls!

possie
04-17-2004, 02:37 AM
:hug: for uni and homework. I'm sure it's no consolation atm but just think that it's almost over. In just a couple of short months you'll be done with long hours listening to boring lecturers and piles and piles of homeworks. As for the pizzeria, your guess is certainly better than mine! I think you told me though that a couple of waitresses had quit lately and you guys were very understaffed right? I would suppose the meeting is about that although there must be something more because there would be no time in him organizing a meeting just to tell you that you're understaffed.

I shouldn't complain too much as the uni work is interesting etc. there's just a lot of it! Oh, and another thing, I think we had a discussion about being stuck in "crap" groups, well guess what, I have to go out to a country town for 6 weeks with the one girl in our course who is a..... (insert chosen word here :p ) She never says boo, or puts her hand up for anything, never pulls her weight in group work, she's....frustrating. An I have to do a project with her for 6 weeks!

The work meeting won't be about being understaffed, I'm thinking more along the lines of "So guys, we're not making any money...do you think you could all work for free, how about that, is that a good idea or what, thanks for that." :rolleyes:

Yes you did tell me about that :sad: :hug: I know that the loss of a pet can be crushing. When my cat died a couple of years ago I was heart broken as I'm sure you still are right now :sad: But it'll get better, I promise!

It was very unexpected, and in all honesty I can't belive she's gone. The house somehow seems more empty now.

Look at it this way: it'll be all the more exciting/worth it when you do get to see it!

:yeah:

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:38 AM
Cya later Danni, have a nice day :wavey:

possie
04-17-2004, 02:39 AM
so sorry about your dog Anne :hug: :(
anyways, i have to go :wavey: later girls!

Thanks Danni. See you later :wavey:

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:46 AM
I shouldn't complain too much as the uni work is interesting etc. there's just a lot of it! Oh, and another thing, I think we had a discussion about being stuck in "crap" groups, well guess what, I have to go out to a country town for 6 weeks with the one girl in our course who is a..... (insert chosen word here :p ) She never says boo, or puts her hand up for anything, never pulls her weight in group work, she's....frustrating. An I have to do a project with her for 6 weeks!

That sounds horrible :( Are you going to be stuck somewhere for 6 weeks with just this one girl or will the rest of the class be there as well? I know it can be very frustrating to have to deal with people like that because as you know I've been there too. I wish I could offer great advice but I don't think I can :o The only thing I can say I guess it to do your best to try and get her to do her share of the work, no matter how much she tries to put it all on you :( And if she does put it all on you, do what you can to make the project the best it can be but don't burn yourself out just for one project even though it's very tempting. You're a great student and I'm sure you'll do great on this two person project even if you're forced to do it all alone. And sometimes that can be as frustrating as anything, seeing this person who has done no work get a totally undeserved mark :( But don't let that bother you because eventually all of this girl's actions will catch up with her!

The work meeting won't be about being understaffed, I'm thinking more along the lines of "So guys, we're not making any money...do you think you could all work for free, how about that, is that a good idea or what, thanks for that." :rolleyes:

Make sure you guys don't accept any sort of conditions that are worse than what you're working in now! No longer hours, no pay decrease! You guys are already understaffed and underpaid. And plus you have to put up with John :(

It was very unexpected, and in all honesty I can't belive she's gone. The house somehow seems more empty now.

:hug: :hug: I know exactly how you feel. And it's sort of hard to explain to people that you're so sad because your pet died :sad: Don't be afraid to be sad and cry though, it'll make you feel better!

possie
04-17-2004, 02:51 AM
That sounds horrible :( Are you going to be stuck somewhere for 6 weeks with just this one girl or will the rest of the class be there as well?

I am stuck, 4-5 hours drive away from Syndey with just this one girl for 6 weeks. Not what you'd call a winning situation! Its so bad, its almost funny!

Thanks for the advice though :kiss: :worship: I will be sure to keep it all in mind.

Make sure you guys don't accept any sort of conditions that are worse than what you're working in now! No longer hours, no pay decrease! You guys are already understaffed and underpaid. And plus you have to put up with John :(

Don't worry, we wont! I'll let you know what it was all about though.

It's sort of hard to explain to people that you're so sad because your pet died :sad: Don't be afraid to be sad and cry though, it'll make you feel better!

That's exactly right! Oh, and don't worry, I've done enough crying ;)

possie
04-17-2004, 02:52 AM
BTW, Ange, I'm so sorry, I never even asked you how you were tonight :o :o :o

star
04-17-2004, 02:57 AM
So sorry about your dog, Possie. :hug:

It's tough to lose a beloved pet.

Angele
04-17-2004, 02:57 AM
I am stuck, 4-5 hours drive away from Syndey with just this one girl for 6 weeks. Not what you'd call a winning situation! Its so bad, its almost funny!

Thanks for the advice though :kiss: :worship: I will be sure to keep it all in mind.

That does truly sound horrible :o I wish I could be more re-assuring but I'd feel too much like a hypocrite because if I were in the situation, I know that I'd be pissed off as well :o The only thing you can really do is grin and bear it for 6 weeks. Are you going to be there for 6 weeks straight? No going home, no classes, nothing? I hope that you at least get to deal with other people while you're there... do interviews, visit with patients, just anything so you get to see other people!

Don't worry, we wont! I'll let you know what it was all about though.

Yup, definetly let me know! I'm a bit curious about what John is gonna tell you guys.

That's exactly right! Oh, and don't worry, I've done enough crying ;)

Oh I believe you! When my cat died I cried for what seemed like hours on end. He died at about 7 in the morning and at 10 I had a swimming lesson... Obviously I was still a wreck at the time and I didn't quite appreciate the look that my instructor gave me when I explained that I was crying because my cat had died :sad:

Angele
04-17-2004, 03:00 AM
BTW, Ange, I'm so sorry, I never even asked you how you were tonight :o :o :o
Don't even worry about it Anne! And I'm fine! :hug:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 03:04 AM
I'm back!!

Everyone seems sad in here at the moment :sad: :sad: But big :hug: for you Anne, it sounds like everything is piling up on you at once. To put my two cents in, just make sure you do something for yourself and 'chill out' for a little while, it'll make you feel better!

But we should cheer this place up...

Love Match/glorified hitting session in (by my calculations) 15 hours!

:hearts: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :dance: :crazy: :banana: :inlove: :aparty:

possie
04-17-2004, 03:05 AM
That does truly sound horrible :o I wish I could be more re-assuring but I'd feel too much like a hypocrite because if I were in the situation, I know that I'd be pissed off as well :o The only thing you can really do is grin and bear it for 6 weeks. Are you going to be there for 6 weeks straight? No going home, no classes, nothing? I hope that you at least get to deal with other people while you're there... do interviews, visit with patients, just anything so you get to see other people!

Well, fortunatley, all my other placements (all our placements run from June - November) are in Sydney, and I really don't have a problem with going away for 6 weeks (you can probably imagine lots of people aren't too happy to have to be away from home for that length of time). For this placement, we are sent out to a Nutrition community centre (a job which none of us in the whole course want to persue anyway - we'd rather work in hospitals etc. ) and have to do a project on a topic we get given for 6 weeks....straight! I would be happy to go alone but I'm stuck with this girl :rolleyes: I guess I could come home on the weekends, but it would be a lot of driving.

Yup, definetly let me know! I'm a bit curious about what John is gonna tell you guys.

lol....I've got you hooked now on the 'What's John Going To Do Next' saga :p

Oh I believe you! When my cat died I cried for what seemed like hours on end. He died at about 7 in the morning and at 10 I had a swimming lesson... Obviously I was still a wreck at the time and I didn't quite appreciate the look that my instructor gave me when I explained that I was crying because my cat had died :sad:

:hug: Well, I now know the feeling! Did you get another cat?

Angele
04-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Well at least you should be surrounded by other people at this nutrition center so while it's horrible to be stuck with this girl for the 6 week project, at least you'll be able to see other people through out th day and that should keep you sane :hug:

Now I really hate to do this but I am just exhausted and really should be getting to bed :(

I hope you're feeling better and less stressed out soon :hug: If you need a rant or a shoulder to lean on, just anything, you know where to find me!!

Angele
04-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Quick hi to Christina and Ally as well :wavey: Hope you guys are both doing well :hug:

possie
04-17-2004, 03:09 AM
So sorry about your dog, Possie. :hug:

It's tough to lose a beloved pet.

Thanks Christina, and Ally.

Sorry to drag this thread into misery :o but everyone in here has such a wonderful talent...you are all superb listening ears and I guess I have relished the chance to put my worries into words. Sorry.

But, I am looking forward to hearing news of the Love Match. That's very true Ally, it really just is a glorified hitting match ;) :lol:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 03:11 AM
Night Ange :wavey:

See you later!

possie
04-17-2004, 03:14 AM
Well at least you should be surrounded by other people at this nutrition center so while it's horrible to be stuck with this girl for the 6 week project, at least you'll be able to see other people through out th day and that should keep you sane :hug:

Thanks, but I don't think there are really going to be all that many other people! Do you think two other people will be enough to keep me sane :unsure: ??!!!

Now I really hate to do this but I am just exhausted and really should be getting to bed :(

I hope you're feeling better and less stressed out soon :hug: If you need a rant or a shoulder to lean on, just anything, you know where to find me!!

Don't worry! Very sweet dreams to you :kiss:

Thanks, talk to you later.

ally_014
04-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Hey don't worry about getting all your troubles out Anne...the main thing is that you have the chance to talk about it.

I think the main thing that will come out of the Love Match is the pictures (hopefully), cos now with Kim's wrist they have the perfect excuse to make it into a funny, non-serious exhibition.

oh and :wavey: Christina!

possie
04-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Hey don't worry about getting all your troubles out Anne...the main thing is that you have the chance to talk about it.

I know that for me, getting me thoughts into words really helps and everyone here is so supportive ...and helpful!

I think the main thing that will come out of the Love Match is the pictures (hopefully), cos now with Kim's wrist they have the perfect excuse to make it into a funny, non-serious exhibition.

I couldn't agree with you more Ally!

I am looking forward to it, but I'm getting impatient :o (as you know) its the 17th of April here already!

Do you know the time (in Belgium) that they begin the match?

ally_014
04-17-2004, 03:29 AM
I'm a bit impatient too...I looked at the calendar this morning and it was written on :o but then I realised that it was still Friday in Belgium!

I think the schedules something like this:
630 exhibition match with Elke and sabine appelmans and some wheelchair athletes (?)
730 video of Kim and Lleyton's careers
800 kim v lleyton
900 concert

which makes the match at 400 am on sunday morning for us

possie
04-17-2004, 03:42 AM
Thanks for that Ally :kiss:

Pity they're not playing in the morning! That would be better for us time-wise. However with no TV coverage, I guess I'll just look out for news and pictures when I wake up tomorrow morning.

ally_014
04-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Yeah, i'm definitely not getting up at 4! :eek: I'm planning on taping Sunrise and Sportsworld just on the off chance that something will be mentioned! *we need a fingers-crossed smilie!*

possie
04-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Good idea!

I have to be off now, homework awaits (unfortunatley).

Talk to you later, :hatoff:

ally_014
04-17-2004, 04:04 AM
I thought so :p

I'd better get on with my homework too (english :mad: )

see you later :wavey:

tournesol
04-17-2004, 12:00 PM
:wavey: lleykis

i guess everyone is probably busy with something else but montecarlo's draw is out
http://montecarlo.masters-series.com

well no-comments

Billabong
04-17-2004, 01:21 PM
:wavey:!

Jess
04-17-2004, 04:05 PM
I HATE AIRPORTS!!!!!! HATE THEM! :mad: :mad:
I was happily sitting in transit waiting for connecting flight to London when an air NZ representative came around and happily informed us that there is a fault on the aeroplane and we will be have to catch a connecting flight to New York :rolleyes: before they may or may not find us a plane to fly us to London :mad:
HATE THEM! :mad:

kim4eva
04-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh guys I wouldn't have posted this cause it's already 3:30am but since I'm here I will. ;)

Here's some of my comments and basically what happened during the whole match- for the peoples who didn't get to watch the love match, like me ;)

Well I didn't watch it but Elke, a Lleyki, who used to post here told me every single detail about the Love Match. :angel:

Please don't laugh at some of my comments, I was really going crazy at that time! :lol:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kim and Lleyts are already on the courts warming up!! They're both wearing red and now they're starting the match and the crowds are applauding loud!

1-0 for Lleyts! Omg looks like he's taking it very serious! They're both smiling tho 15-0 Kim! Lley did a split to get that ball. Then 30-15. All ball-kids are wearing shirts with lovehearts on them. Now the score's 1-1.

Lley 15-0. Kim's dropshot goes in net 30-0. GO Kim! 30-30!!

Kim's leading by 2-1!! And she looks really happy atm. Even the referee is wearing a shirt with a loveheart on it. 15-0 Kim! 15 all. Kim double faulted so 2-2. Great point from both of them at the net. But Kim won that point.

Kim played a dropshot then lobbed. Lleyts then played a point between his legs and won that point.

Kim!! 3-2 already. I can't believe it! But Lleyton's always smiling, Kim as well. Then 30-30. They're both playing good and they're also coming to the nets a lot. Lleyts's return wins and deuce. Adv. Kim. OMG 4-2 Kim leading!!!!!

Great dropshot by Lleyts. 40-30. Then Deuce. Adv. Lleyts. Linesman said a ball from Lleyton was out of line but it wasn’t, it touched the line. Lleyts didn’t say anything and Kim was smiling just went to where the ball bounced and kinda erased it. Kim still leading 4-3.

Kim’s serving. 15 all. Nice dropshot from Kim. 30-30. Kim 5-3. And ace from Lleyts. 30-0. Lleyts 4-5.Kim’s serving. 15-0 Lleyts forehand out. Lleyts’s return winner, 15 all. Kim leading, 6-4. Lleyts 40-0. Lleyts 5-6.

Kim’s serving. 0-40 Lleyts leading. Kim’s not serving very well. 15-40. Someone said 'Allez Lleyton' and he smiled! Kim returning a smash to Lleyts. 0-15. Again, they’re smiling all the time. 30-30. Then 6-6.

Lleyt’s second serve. Kim’s return in net. 40-30. Lleyton’s playing serve and volley and Kim won that passing shot at the net. Lleyton leading by 7-6.

Kim’s serving. 15-15. 30-15 Lleyt’s forhand in net. 40-30. 7-7.

30-15 Double fault from Lleyts. Lleyton leads by 8-7.

15-15 Passing shot from Kim, it was out. Then a volley winner from Lleyts. 30 all. Kim’s always slicing her backhand. 40-30. Passing shot from Kim down the line, 8-8.

Lleyton wins the Tie break. They kiss at the net! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

After that interview with Kim and she said she’s glad she’s back on court. Lleyton said it’s a pleasure to be there and the crowds are great. Kim then said it was nice to have Lleyton cause now she doesn't really have to search long to have someone to practise with.

Angele
04-17-2004, 08:00 PM
:wavey: Anybody?

Angele
04-17-2004, 08:01 PM
Keira thanks so much for the info :kiss: :kiss:

I can't wait to see pictures :D

Angele
04-17-2004, 08:17 PM
Bram posted this at wtaworld :D

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

http://www.sport.be//nl/images/2004/april/kusgoed.jpg

star
04-17-2004, 10:03 PM
I HATE AIRPORTS!!!!!! HATE THEM! :mad: :mad:
I was happily sitting in transit waiting for connecting flight to London when an air NZ representative came around and happily informed us that there is a fault on the aeroplane and we will be have to catch a connecting flight to New York :rolleyes: before they may or may not find us a plane to fly us to London :mad:
HATE THEM! :mad:

Not again!!!!!!

:fiery:

Jess
04-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Not again!!!!!!

:fiery:

I think it's one of those days where anything that can possibly go wrong will actually go wrong :rolleyes:
I've managed to get to New York now and they say our flight to London will leave about 9.30. I think (although have lost track of time differences a long time ago :o ) ) that's in about an hour and a half.

That pic has cheered me up a bit though ;) :)

star
04-17-2004, 11:56 PM
That was a nice picture. :)

I'm glad to see that you are making your way around the world bit by bit.

Thank goodness! Only one more trip to make.

KaseyL
04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Thread :wavey:

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes, only one more trip to make :rolleyes: Might get home sometime tomorrow ;)
Next time I'm flying British Airways ;)

Actually not too fed up about it just so tired I can barely sit up :) Amusing myself by reading about the match :) - there's not a lot else to do in airport waiting lounges ;)

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:04 AM
:wavey: Ingrid. Did you have a good time :D :bounce:

KaseyL
04-18-2004, 12:06 AM
:wavey: Ingrid. Did you have a good time :D :bounce:

Hi Jess! See you got stuck :( Just one thing to do I'm afraid: wait and relax. :kiss:

Re love match: That's a bit of an understatement :hearts: :p

It was the best ever when it comes to entertainment, just WOW, great!

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:09 AM
I wish I could've seen it :hearts: Sounds like you had a great time :bounce: Any idea if it's going to be put online? ;)

KaseyL
04-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I don't know what they will put online, hopefully more than the love match alone (we maybe have to bugger them too :p to get it online :D )

We had an awesome time out there!
Not only the love match and the doubles with Clouseau, which was a great entertaining moment, but also the wheelchair tennis was very good! First time I saw it; great respect and admiration for the girls there! :worship:

Elke did an interview afterwards, like all the other players, always fun to hear her. :D

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Sounds great :) Exhibition matches are always good fun - but with favourite players :hearts: they're even better! :) Hoping for something to appear online ;) :D in the next couple of days - I want to see it :D

And I love the picture at the net ;) :hearts: Brings out the gooberishness in everyone ;)

KaseyL
04-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Sounds great :) Exhibition matches are always good fun - but with favourite players :hearts: they're even better! :) Hoping for something to appear online ;) :D in the next couple of days - I want to see it :D

And I love the picture at the net ;) :hearts: Brings out the gooberishness in everyone ;)

Well, we had it all: gooberish moments, lots of fun, a playful Kim :p ,... great atmosphere, even singing Lleyton :worship: and Kim :p

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:25 AM
They started singing :hearts: :worship:
Nice to hear of Lleyton showing his softer less stroppy side ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 12:29 AM

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Ange! :D

Angele
04-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Jess my dear :hug: Heard about the airport troubles again :mad: Seems you have the worst luck travelling :(

KaseyL
04-18-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm not gone LOL, but I'm slow atm, splitting my time between several people, so sorry in advance if you don't see me replying fast enough

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Yes - i just sent you a message about it ;) Clearly me and aeroplanes shouldn't mix.

Only one more time I have to do this though :bounce: (and as that's going back home I don't think I'll mind too much ;) :) )

Angele
04-18-2004, 12:37 AM
I'm sure your next trip you'll be so ecstatic about getting home that it won't matter how long the flight takes!

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:39 AM
I know ;)
:) Counting the days already ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 12:42 AM
I know ;)
:) Counting the days already ;)
How many left now? :p

Jess
04-18-2004, 12:45 AM
61 :sad: Just over 8 weeks. It'll go quickly but it seems a long time.

But enough of moping about ;) Have you finished goobering yet ange ;) :hearts: Those pics are so sweet :)

Angele
04-18-2004, 12:56 AM
That's not too bad though! And with exams and all I'm sure the time will just absolutely fly by!

I'm pretty much done goobering for the moment which is totally unlike me :eek: :unsure: I think there's something wrong with me :o

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:03 AM
lol ;) I wish I could understand that video ;) Oh but his smile :hearts: and they do look so happy.
I'm not really in a very gooberish mood though, at the moment I just want to get home ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Jess did you see that video at CCL? Is it jumpy for you too?

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:05 AM
I haven't felt gooberish ever since my surgery :scratch: I just haven't been myself at all since then :(

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:05 AM
Yes, it's very jumpy. Not very good quality. But at least you see a little bit - it could do with being about an hour longer though ;)

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:06 AM
I haven't felt gooberish ever since my surgery :scratch: I just haven't been myself at all since then :(

:hug: :hug: Just think - only two more little months till big long summer holiday :) Ideal chance to have a good long rest.

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:09 AM
Yes, it's very jumpy. Not very good quality. But at least you see a little bit - it could do with being about an hour longer though ;)
Did you see the other one? That was part of the news report?

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Anyway I'm going to go searching for food as I am starving and if I sit here for much longer I will actually fall asleep ;) Hopefully the plane will be leaving in about half an hour and I should be back in London sometime tomorrow morning :rolleyes:

:hug: Ange - enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:10 AM
:hug: :hug: Just think - only two more little months till big long summer holiday :) Ideal chance to have a good long rest.
I'm starting to think that it's not that though :(

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Did you see the other one? That was part of the news report?

No I just saw the one that started with lleyton walking out. Was only a couple of minutes long. I'll go hunting for more tomorrow, when I have more time. Should really go and get some food now

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:11 AM
Cya later Jess... hope your flight arrives soon :hug:

Billabong
04-18-2004, 01:48 AM
:wavey:!!! people here watching hockey tonight;)??

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:46 AM
:wavey:!!! people here watching hockey tonight;)??
I am :yippee:

Billabong
04-18-2004, 02:59 AM
I am :yippee:

me too:D!!! I also watched some basketball, and saw the Spurs winning :o !

Angele
04-18-2004, 03:03 AM
I watched bits of the Montreal game inbetween watching Miss Congeniality :o Now I'm totally concentrated on the Vancouver-Calgary game but I don't know if I'm gonna be able to stay awake long enough to watch the end of it :o

Angele
04-18-2004, 03:19 AM
Well I'm off to bed... or at least to watch the game from the comfort of my bedroom lol

Goodnight Seb :kiss: :wavey:

Billabong
04-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Good night Angele, cya tomorrow :wavey:!!!

ally_014
04-18-2004, 05:53 AM
Just popping in...I'm glad that those lucky buggers who got to go to the Love Match enjoyed it and it lived up to all expectations of gooberishness! :hearts: And those pics (especially the net one) are gorgeous!

kim4eva
04-18-2004, 07:16 AM
It was great! Really loved how Kim and Lleyton were enjoying themselves so much during the match- they were smiling all the way! :hearts: I wasn't really watching the match but I was following it on the online scoreboards at 2am till 3am last night! Man I was like sooo sleepy but I kept on eating chips plus coke to keep me awake! :o

btw I just LOVE those pics so much :hearts:

Jess
04-18-2004, 11:14 AM
Back in England! :bounce: :wavey:

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:09 PM
Still here Jess?

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:14 PM
Yep :wavey: :)
Still trying to get that stupid video clip to work :o

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't think it's going to work unless your internet service provider is Belgacom :mad:

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:19 PM
I know :rolleyes: Hopefully someone who does have it will be able to post it somewhere.

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:24 PM
I hope so! I'm not getting my hopes up though, I'm sure doing that kind of thing isn't very easy.

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:26 PM
I know ;) Hopefully there are a few computer genuiuses around ;)

:rolleyes: I hate Sundays :o Trying to put off doing homework - looked at this Chemistry book this morning and it was just going *way* over my head :o and it's only about six weeks till the exams. Hopefully it'll come back to me ;) or maybe being pregnant is just affecting my powers of concentration ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm sure all the school stuff will come back to you soon! I'm sure it's hard to settle down and do homework after having travelled for a couple of weeks!

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I hope so :)
I think I'll look at it again later when hopefully it'll all start to make perfect sense :) Otherwise there could be a bit of a problem ;)

It really doesn't help that everytime I try and think about anything else my mind drifts back to Rachel in hospital :sad: She's still on a ventilator :sad:

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to get back to work in no time!

Rachel still the same then? :sad: It must be so frustrating to not be able to be there and see her.

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Rachel is still the same as far as I can tell. Dan says they're treating her with strong IV antibiotics but it's a matter of waiting now to see how she responds to them. It is so unbelievably frustrating not being able to be there!

tournesol
04-18-2004, 01:45 PM
:wavey: ladies

i've got belgacom; what can i do for you ?(first time i find belgacom useful :rolleyes: )

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Rachel is still the same as far as I can tell. Dan says they're treating her with strong IV antibiotics but it's a matter of waiting now to see how she responds to them. It is so unbelievably frustrating not being able to be there!
I guess the positive out of all this is that at least they've figured out what's wrong with her so they can treat her accordingly. I'm sure she has great doctors working for her and that she'll be fine in no time!

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:48 PM
:wavey: ladies

i've got belgacom; what can i do for you ?(first time i find belgacom useful :rolleyes: )
I'm not sure if there's anything you can do... the love match is online but apparently only for those who's internet service provider is belgacom :( So most of us can't access it.

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:50 PM
:wavey: Dani

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I guess the positive out of all this is that at least they've figured out what's wrong with her so they can treat her accordingly. I'm sure she has great doctors working for her and that she'll be fine in no time!

Hopefully :) She seems to be stable at the the moment which is something at least - it hasn't got worse in the last couple of days - just pretty much the same.

Angele
04-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Hopefully :) She seems to be stable at the the moment which is something at least - it hasn't got worse in the last couple of days - just pretty much the same.
Hopefully it'll start getting better soon!

Jess
04-18-2004, 01:59 PM
I hope so :)

tournesol
04-18-2004, 02:06 PM
back from belgacom, it seems that the video clip is 'copyright protected' so no access; they also have a link to the match but there my comp refuses to use the required sofware; finally there is this series of pics

http://www.sport.be/belgacomtennismasters/2004/fr/ which i did not see since we only had the match on tv and nothing else

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I hope so :)
keep me updated Jess :hug:

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I'll let you know when I hear anything :hug:

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm sure she'll be fine Jess! And Dan will keep you up to date I'm sure!

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Yeah :)

How are you going at school? Another busy week?

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:19 PM
back from belgacom, it seems that the video clip is 'copyright protected' so no access; they also have a link to the match but there my comp refuses to use the required sofware; finally there is this series of pics

http://www.sport.be/belgacomtennismasters/2004/fr/ which i did not see since we only had the match on tv and nothing else

Yeah I thought they might say it was a copyright issue :rolleyes: I've seen the pics though.

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah school is probably gonna be really busy til summer. Spring Festival is in 2 weeks so til then we're going to be running around really frantic getting everything organized. Then yearbook is gonna be due in May sometime plus volleyball practices, meetings, etc... ending with the big tournament at the end of May. Add to this school work and yeah, it's probably gonna be busy lol

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:21 PM
I don't know how you manage to fit it all in :lol: I find it quite enough work just getting my assignments done ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I don't know how you manage to fit it all in :lol: I find it quite enough work just getting my assignments done ;)
Well hopefully I'll figure it out in time :help: I've never had so much on my plate so I'm a little :unsure: about it but hopefully it'll work out!

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Oh you'll be fine :) :hug: It'll make the time go quicker before you get to the holidays anyway :)

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:29 PM
I hope so! Right now I just cannot wait til summer gets here!

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I know that feeling ;) It's not long!

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
I know that feeling ;) It's not long!
I guess I should take my own advice huh? :p

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:35 PM
:p probably should ;) It's not that easy though when you're looking forward to something though is it ;)
It'll be here soon though :)

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm just looking forward to the summer to get away from the crap that is school so I can't imagine how you feel since you actually have something to look forward to!

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:40 PM
It's difficult :) I am just thinking that when I go back I get to stay there forever :D and wait to have my baby :hearts: So I'll be okay ;)

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:43 PM
It's difficult :) I am just thinking that when I go back I get to stay there forever :D and wait to have my baby :hearts: So I'll be okay ;)
:angel:

Angele
04-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Anyways I'm off... I'm so pissed off that the love match isn't online that I feel like just bursting into tears :o Gonna go try and do something that'll take my mind off that!

Jess
04-18-2004, 02:47 PM
I know the feeling :o Hopefully those idiots will see sense - though I wouldn't count on it :rolleyes:

I think I might go and try and do some work for a bit :wavey: Back at school tomorrow.

star
04-18-2004, 06:34 PM

Have they diagnosed her with something definite?

Jess
04-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Have they diagnosed her with something definite?

Yes she's got pneumonia which they've started to treat her for.

star
04-18-2004, 08:20 PM
oh my goodness. She's got a very bad case of it.

Do you know if it is viral or infectious?

Jess
04-18-2004, 08:31 PM
She has Bacterial Pneumonia which is the worst type - although it's unusual for it to cause such severe breathing difficulties.

star
04-18-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm sure they are giving her massive doses of iv antibiotics.

I wish her the best of luck in fighting this off.

Jess
04-18-2004, 08:44 PM
Yeah she's on IV antibiotics and hopefully there'll be an improvement before too much longer.

star
04-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Please let us know when there is a change in her condition.

fcap
04-19-2004, 02:30 AM
:wavey: Anyone in?

ally_014
04-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Just thought I'd take part in the being mad at Belgacom -

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: at Belgacom! :p

Danni
04-19-2004, 08:49 AM
hey ally if you're still here :hug:
Belgacom suck! :ras:

possie
04-19-2004, 09:08 AM

Seems very quiet in here at the moment, so I'll just leave a 'newsletter' for you ;)

All I have seen are Love Match pictures too :( There was a tinyarticle about it in the sports section of The Sydney Herald today. No additional information we didn't already know though. I'm feeling very tennis deprived at the moment. I guess I'm (anxiously) hanging out for Wimbledon...at least we Aussies will get TV coverage of it, even if it is in the middle of the night!

Ange, :hug: for your busy week. Its hard when everything seems to happen all at once. It seems that your school work load has picked up pace in recent months (correct me if I'm wrong though!). I can atest to the fact that in year 11 (second last year of high school) our work load seemed to skyrocket! I found myself thinking "I can't keep this rate up!" but if its any consolation, the work load steadies out - it may stay at that rate, but it won't necessarily get any worse! For the final two years of high school the work load (and expectaions!....teachers and yours) are higher than any other year, but be reassured that it may not get worse for your final year :kiss: You adjust to the bigger work load, accept it and then school and all its work doesn't seem quite the tragedy you initially thought it would be...(well, that was my experience anyway, and to steal the words of Ingrid ( :worship: ) I'll get off my soapbox now).

The meeting at work the other day was totally pathetic :rolleyes: I thought something big was up but all it was was John whinning, telling us to wear a black top and name badge every night (like we don't already) and picking on the waitresses for not being able to be in 22 places at once! But after, me and the other 5 waitresses walked up the road a bit and for 1 hour had a (lovely!) complaining session about work and where we should all tell John to go :devil:

Jess, I'm glad to hear you and bubby made it safely back to England. And I can assure you that it takes a little while to get back into school work after travel ;) But with the finish line definitely in sight now, you'll be motivated to give it your final hurrah :)

:hug: for you for Rachel. I'm sending well wishes across the Tasman.

Hi Kets! Hope you're well.

On Sunday I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb! Which was so fun and we had superb weather :) The view from the top of the bridge is spectacular and (Ok, I'm very biased ;) ) but we have the best damn looking harbour in the world!

Now that I've written an essay ( :o ) I have to be off. My sister (who is on school holidays) is about to come back from the movies with 6 girlfriends to sleep over! Don't know how much homework I'll get done tonight :unsure:

Till later, :hatoff: my friends.

possie
04-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Quick hello Ally and Danni :wavey:

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Hello if anyone is here.

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:16 AM
Anybody? :wavey:

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Yes, me! hello Angele!

I agree with Anne. I have often heard (and thought myself) that your second last year is always very busy, or seems that way, even compared to your last year.

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Jane :hug: How are you? I haven't talked to you in so long :(

I'm glad to hear that school hopefully at least doesn't get any worse lol

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:23 AM
:wavey: I am so not ready to be back at school :rolleyes: Double Maths this morning was just horrific! ;)

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Ugh, just checked the order of play. Looks like I have to wait YET ANOTHER day for Lleyton to play. Oh well, fingers crossed he suddenly finds his "clay feet" and plays long into this tournament! Apart from being English-speaking there is really no reason lleyton shouldn't do quite well on clay. It's not like he relies entirely on his serve (LOL!).

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Double maths is always evil.

I once heard a story about a school where they had a bomb scare once a week for 6 months ... until they realised it was always the time Year 9 (14-15 year olds) has double maths! It was a school attended by some high profile people's kids, so they had been worried enough to take the threat seriously. I don't know what happened to the culprits though.

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:28 AM
I can't wait to see him play again :rolleyes: It has been too long. Hopefully he'll manage better than the second round this time.

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I haven't been around very much and it must have been at odd times because I've missed almost everyone!

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:30 AM
How's your friend Jess? I had bacterial pneumonia once. It was crap.

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Well he can only add points so let's hope he does.

Given how pathetic the fields have been lately, the fact he can beat Kim probably actually means something!

Angele
Ange, :hug: for your busy week. Its hard when everything seems to happen all at once. It seems that your school work load has picked up pace in recent months (correct me if I'm wrong though!). I can atest to the fact that in year 11 (second last year of high school) our work load seemed to skyrocket! I found myself thinking "I can't keep this rate up!" but if its any consolation, the work load steadies out - it may stay at that rate, but it won't necessarily get any worse! For the final two years of high school the work load (and expectaions!....teachers and yours) are higher than any other year, but be reassured that it may not get worse for your final year :kiss: You adjust to the bigger work load, accept it and then school and all its work doesn't seem quite the tragedy you initially thought it would be...(well, that was my experience anyway, and to steal the words of Ingrid ( :worship: ) I'll get off my soapbox now).

Thanks Anne :hug: :hug: I'm actually feeling ok about being busy. I am busy, and probably won't have much time to myself the next couple of weeks but I don't feel quite as overwhelmed as I have in the past. While I am busy, I also have the feeling that everything will eventually get done! And I don't think next year will be too bad work wise. I have a heavy course load ( 2 languages, 4 sciences, 2 maths) but while those are demanding courses, they don't ask too much homework, except for languages but I've had that homework for years!

The meeting at work the other day was totally pathetic :rolleyes: I thought something big was up but all it was was John whinning, telling us to wear a black top and name badge every night (like we don't already) and picking on the waitresses for not being able to be in 22 places at once! But after, me and the other 5 waitresses walked up the road a bit and for 1 hour had a (lovely!) complaining session about work and where we should all tell John to go :devil:

:rolleyes: at John. I can't believe he called a meeting just for that. I'm sure most of the staff was already doing that so why not just tell whoever wasn't doing it to start doing it? Well at least the evening wasn't completely wasted though. A nice bitching session always makes me feel better lol

On Sunday I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge climb! Which was so fun and we had superb weather :) The view from the top of the bridge is spectacular and (Ok, I'm very biased ;) ) but we have the best damn looking harbour in the world!

Well maybe you are a little biased (:p) but from what I've seen Sydney Harbour and the Sydney Harbour bridge are absolutely gorgeous :hearts: And hey, if it's good enough for Lleyton it's good enough for me :angel:

Jess
Double maths is always evil.

I once heard a story about a school where they had a bomb scare once a week for 6 months ... until they realised it was always the time Year 9 (14-15 year olds) has double maths! It was a school attended by some high profile people's kids, so they had been worried enough to take the threat seriously. I don't know what happened to the culprits though.

:haha: That's one way of getting out of it. :)
At least this term we haven't got as much school because they're expecting us to be doing lots of "independent study" for the exams. It's pretty much mornings only from now on and that's much better :)
Just have to motivate myself to actually do some work at home ;)

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:33 AM
I do think it's a good sign that he's at least entered all 3 clay TMSs, even if he later pulls out of one. Shows commitment.

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:34 AM
How's your friend Jess? I had bacterial pneumonia once. It was crap.

Yeah it is crap :rolleyes: She's still in high dependency although from what they're telling me she seems a lot more stable now. She's still needing ventilation though.

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Jess :wavey:

Glad things seem to be improving with Rachel :hug: I'm sure she won't be back to normal just overnight so slight improvements from day to day are :yeah:

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh well at least it sounds like she's improving. Poor girl - is she trying to do her final year of school too?

I always found the only way to get work done at home when studying for school/uni was to keep school hours. So if you're used to starting at 8:30, having a lunch break from 1 till 2 and then going home at 4, or whatever, try to stick to that,making sure you still have your usual breaks to look forward to (as well as 10-15 minutes between sessions of course so you don't go nuts). It's amazing how much you get done that way. I still do it that way at work occasionally when I am profoundly unmotivated.

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I'm glad Lleyton is playing again! With all his early exits it feels like he hasn't played in months :o

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 10:39 AM

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't think he HAS played for at least a month!

I was very glad to see Kim made it on to the court - good sign though I'm sure Lleyton was at least a bit easier on her! I actually thought he would let her win.

Angele
Keira :wavey:

Jess
Oh well at least it sounds like she's improving. Poor girl - is she trying to do her final year of school too?

I always found the only way to get work done at home when studying for school/uni was to keep school hours. So if you're used to starting at 8:30, having a lunch break from 1 till 2 and then going home at 4, or whatever, try to stick to that,making sure you still have your usual breaks to look forward to (as well as 10-15 minutes between sessions of course so you don't go nuts). It's amazing how much you get done that way. I still do it that way at work occasionally when I am profoundly unmotivated.

Rachel's about four weeks into her first year of uni :rolleyes: I don't know what's going to happen it depends how much she has to miss with recovery and everything.

Yeah I think trying to work school hours is the best way to do it. My trouble is that I tend to spend too much time concentrating on my favourite subjects because there never seems a good time to sit and try and do some Physics!

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi Keira!

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:45 AM

I was very glad to see Kim made it on to the court - good sign though I'm sure Lleyton was at least a bit easier on her! I actually thought he would let her win.
Well I'm sure power wise he went easy on her ( didn't want to sleep on the couch afterall :devil: ;) ) and also he always, always hit to her forehand which would definetly not happen if Kim came back on the tour right now.

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:45 AM

No he hasn't played in about four weeks. I suspect that 9-8 was a generous score. I expect he could have won by a lot more than that if he'd have wanted to ;) He'd never hear the end of it if he let her win though ;)

:wavey: Keira

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:46 AM
She'll probably be OK then as not a whole lot happens in the first half of first term of uni! Unis are actually usually better than schools about accommodating illness and special needs, no idea why.

I know the problem with fave subjects. I guess you just have to schedule sessions for the ones you don't like. My sister used to make these amazing multi coloured study timetables. They must have taken her hours.

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 10:46 AM
:wavey: Hi Angele

I'm looking at some of the videos of Kim on the TVL and this one is soo funny :p
http://video.tvl.be/Items/WMF/HQ/20040222-007-2511.wmv

Angele
04-19-2004, 10:47 AM
I've gotta go, school awaits:(

Lisbeth
By the way, tell your friend not to rush back into things, especially strenuous sport. Any respiratory problem will really knock you for six energy-wise and you need to recuperate to avoid long term problems.

Jess
She'll probably be OK then as not a whole lot happens in the first half of first term of uni! Unis are actually usually better than schools about accommodating illness and special needs, no idea why.

I know the problem with fave subjects. I guess you just have to schedule sessions for the ones you don't like. My sister used to make these amazing multi coloured study timetables. They must have taken her hours.

Yeah hopefully uni will be accomodating for her.

:lol: at the multicoloured timetables ;) I remember doing that for exams, spending ages making the timetable then sticking to it for about an hour ;)

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Bye Ange :wavey: :hug: Have a good day :)

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Bye Angele, have a nice day.

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
Bye Angele :wavey: and hi Jess! :wavey:

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 10:59 AM
What have you been up to Keira?

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Right well that's my half our of sitting around doing nothing.
*I WILL DO SOME WORK* ;)

See you later :wavey:

Lisbeth
04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Good girl Jess, have fun!

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
What have you been up to Keira?

Sorry I just had a computer problem :o Now it's fixed...
Well I'm not doing much tonight, I studied for my test so...just basically waiting for school to kill me tommorow :rolleyes:

No more holidays :o

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 12:01 PM
I guess you're not here ay? :p

is anyone? :wavey:

Jess
04-19-2004, 12:39 PM
I'm here if you're still around. On a "break" from working ;) .

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 12:53 PM
:wavey: here!

Jess
04-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi - hows things going?

Jess
04-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Well hope you're okay Keira. I'd better go - enough of a break from work for now.

kim4eva
04-19-2004, 01:29 PM
:wavey: Jess

fcap
04-19-2004, 04:20 PM
:wavey: Hello beautiful people!!!
Gosh all the love match information was soo exciting!! :D:D
I had an extremely productive day today, i downloaded AIM. For anyone who wants to add me to there 'buddy ist' my 'screen name' is ketatres . Its quite a different programme to learn ho to use but im surving!
And Inrgid when you read this, I hope your greatful and dont say i dont do anything for you :kiss: :p Only joking, look forward to talking soon!
Big MWAH :kiss: to you all!

Knockers LaBroad
04-19-2004, 06:53 PM
:wavey: chicas!

Everything allright??

I went today to Bree. It was even better than Saturday.:D
The atmosphere was just great, they were all just genuine happy, excited they all got to see Kim and they almost all had a high-five with her.
Kim donated also 10 000 Euro to wheelchair tennis.
In the papers, they were not very enthusiastic about Kim and/or Lleyton music qualities!:tape: But I'm still surprised about Lleyton!

Jess
04-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Anyone around.

Sounds like another great day in Bree :)

Billabong
04-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone :wavey:! I hope you're having a good day:)!

I had a nightmare day, ony of the worst days I ever had... first, at 7:30 AM, I was going to enter in the bus when the driver closed the door and started to advance.. I started to run after it and she didn't see him, accelerated and left... I knew the day wasn't going to be good, and I had a bad feeling about Guga (I'm so superstitious!).. then, in the philosophy class, I received my composition which was worth 20% of the semestry.. and I got the worst result of the class, 39% ! I guess I didn't understand anything about Shakespeare and Machiavel's vision... Then, I went to the computer lab to see Guga's result, and guess what I saw.. Guga down 6-7, 3-5! I was certain it would have happened with the day I had so far... plus it's a very ugly day outside, I hope it's over soon !

I'll watch some hockey tonight to forget that terrible dat;)!
BTW I have 3 dots:D!!!!!!! (the only positive thing of the day;))!

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:07 PM
BIG :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Seb! That sounds like an awful day.
Mine wasn't too bad although I'm very tired.

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:10 PM
:wavey: Jess & Seb!

Aww @ your bad day Seb :( Hope it's improved a bit! I watched Guga's match live today, it was really sad to see him play that badly :sad:

And Jess, hope everything is fine with you and bubs :D

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:11 PM
I've had comp problems for the past few days so I haven't been able to access the internet :( but it was nice to see all the pics and info from the love match :D

Such cuuuuute pics :hearts:

Billabong
04-19-2004, 11:11 PM
Hi Jess :wavey:!
Thanks :hug:! I hope Lleyton wins tomorrow, it will make my day:)! lol;)!

Billabong
04-19-2004, 11:13 PM
:wavey: Jess & Seb!

Aww @ your bad day Seb :( Hope it's improved a bit! I watched Guga's match live today, it was really sad to see him play that badly :sad:

And Jess, hope everything is fine with you and bubs :D

Hi Cilla :wavey:!
Did you have a good day:)??
Guga played terribly today, and it's not a physical problem according to him.. he's just missing confidence and he's making tons of UFES.. he won't win a match playing like this, I hope he finds a way to arrange that soon :sad:!

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I had an okay day. I have a bit of pain in my right leg, don't know what it is though :scratch: I was reading back and read in your posts that your dad is in hospital :sad: Is he any better now? I wish him a speedy recovery. And also to your friend Rachel, Jess :hug: :hug:

Yep, you could tell Guga had no confidence. I thiught he would be bagelled in the 2nd set. He really didn't try at all in the first 4 games of the 2nd set :(

I just read that Lleyton is playing first. I'll have to set my alarm before I forget!

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Cilla :wavey: Haven't spoken to you in ages :)

I'm fine thanks.

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:23 PM
I am still waiting to hear about Rachel - Dan said he'd phone around now so just waiting for that before I can go to bed :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll be good neaws.

Billabong
04-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I had an okay day. I have a bit of pain in my right leg, don't know what it is though :scratch: I was reading back and read in your posts that your dad is in hospital :sad: Is he any better now? I wish him a speedy recovery. And also to your friend Rachel, Jess :hug: :hug:

Yep, you could tell Guga had no confidence. I thiught he would be bagelled in the 2nd set. He really didn't try at all in the first 4 games of the 2nd set :(

I just read that Lleyton is playing first. I'll have to set my alarm before I forget!

Hi:),
thanks for the wishes :hug:!
yah my dad has the Guillain Barré syndrome, it's now almost 2 months now that he has it, and some weeks ago all his body was paralysed.. but now he's getting better and better, he can now speak since last week, he can move his left and right arms and his breathe is also better.. we think he should be able to walk during next month, and then get out of the hospital:)! He'll be able to go back to work next September:)!

yep Lley plays first tomorrow:)! You have live coverage all week:)??
and you jess do you also have live coverage:)??

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi Cilla :wavey: Haven't spoken to you in ages :)

I'm fine thanks.

I know :(

I'm glad you're fine though :hug: I hope it's good news about Rachel too :)
*keeps fingers crossed*

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:30 PM
No live coverage for me :rolleyes: But then I don't get coverage of anything ): they only show Wimbledon here!

Jess
04-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Okay I'm off - :wavey: Dan's on the phone then I really need to go to sleep.

See you soon :wavey:

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:35 PM
Hi:),
thanks for the wishes :hug:!
yah my dad has the Guillain Barré syndrome, it's now almost 2 months now that he has it, and some weeks ago all his body was paralysed.. but now he's getting better and better, he can now speak since last week, he can move his left and right arms and his breathe is also better.. we think he should be able to walk during next month, and then get out of the hospital:)! He'll be able to go back to work next September:)!

yep Lley plays first tomorrow:)! You have live coverage all week:)??
and you jess do you also have live coverage:)??

Oh, I've heard of that. A footballer over here had it and was in hospital for a long time :( I'm pleased to hear that he's making progress :D The footballer who had it (Markus Babbel) has made a full recovery, so I wish your Dad the same!

Yep, live coverage. I was so lazy and watched the tennis all day! :eek:

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Okay, night Jess! Take care :wavey:

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:38 PM
:wavey: Hi Angele

I'm looking at some of the videos of Kim on the TVL and this one is soo funny :p
http://video.tvl.be/Items/WMF/HQ/20040222-007-2511.wmv

Thanks for this link Keira!

:lol: @ Kim! :p

Billabong
04-19-2004, 11:39 PM
Wow you're soooo lucky to have so much coverage Cilla:)! I'd love to see some matches, but they all show them during the night (at 1:00 am :eek: ) lol;)...

I have to make some homework, I'll be back right after:)!
Cya later girls :wavey:!!!

Goonergal
04-19-2004, 11:41 PM
1 am :eek:

Happy homework ;)

Bye :wavey:

Chesty Larue
04-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Montreal Canadiens come back from a 3-1 series deficit to win the series 4-3!!!! :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Ah Ha Bruins suck! :p

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Montreal Canadiens come back from a 3-1 series deficit to win the series 4-3!!!! :worship: :bounce: :worship: :bounce:

Ah Ha Bruins suck! :p
:woohoo: :woohoo:

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:28 AM
:wavey: Ange :)

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi Jess :wavey: How are you?

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:33 AM
Okay thanks :)

Had some good news about Rachel - she's responding much better to the antibiotics they're giving her and is starting to breathe with less support. Which is sounding a lot better :)

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:37 AM
That's great about Rachel :hug: She seems to be making progress everyday so I would say all signs point to a full recovery!

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:38 AM
I hope so :) It's certainly sounding a lot better - hopefully will be able to talk to her soon.

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Give it another week at the most and I'd say you'll be able to talk to her. She seems to be improving with every passing day so if she continues that way she should be feeling a lot better very soon!

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:43 AM
I hope so :D :bounce:

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:45 AM
So how are you doing? Baby still kicking up a storm?

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh yes! :) Mostly at night as well ;) She could try sleeping herself occasionally ;)
But I'm not complaining about it too much ;) At least it means she's alright :)

possie
04-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Hi Girls!

Jess
04-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi Anne :wavey: How are you?

possie
04-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm very glad to hear Rachel is responding to her treatment Jess.

:kiss:

possie
04-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Hi Anne :wavey: How are you?

Well....I'm Ok. But I'm glad to here you and baby are Ok. That's very true about what you say about bubby and her kicking ;)

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:55 AM
Anne :wavey: :hug:

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh yes! :) Mostly at night as well ;) She could try sleeping herself occasionally ;)
But I'm not complaining about it too much ;) At least it means she's alright :)
I'm glad you're taking the positives out of being kept awake at night :yeah: Hopefully eventually she'll learn to sleep during the night :angel:

Angele
04-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Well....I'm Ok. But I'm glad to here you and baby are Ok. That's very true about what you say about bubby and her kicking ;)
You ok Anne? :hug: