The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 06 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 06

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

ally_014
06-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Hey everyone (or noone as the case may be :p )

:( for Mark playing so crap, I only saw a few points on the morning news but it didn't exactly look like he was trying very hard, and for pulling out on Lleyton like that.

:sad: and :hug: for Kimmie but it seems to be the best option now.

:fiery: for John Howard - he (or some other politician) also made a fuss about a Play School episode with divorced parents in it that had been shown 7 times before :rolleyes: there was a very scathing letter in our paper the other morning! I don't see why people can't just accept that we're all different and should be afforded the same respect :shrug: I mean, in our chem class last year we had two girls who were going out, a gay guy and a 40-year-old transexual!

:yippee: for maths-lovers Allan!

As for how I saw HP 3 times - once on Thursday with a huge group of friends, once on the weekend with my mum and a whole heap of kids from the school where she teaches and once with my dad and brothers (plus I got given a whole heap of free tickets that will expire at the end of June!)

Good luck Lleyts tonight! :)

Ashie_87
06-09-2004, 05:58 AM
Hello everyone!:wavey:
wow what a great week :rolleyes: poor Kim sounds so sad in her diary:sad: and the aussie media is ripping into Mark (again)
:woohoo: Harry Potter comes out here tomorrow! :) but why must it be on a school night when I'm forbidden from going out? :ras:
I'm a certified smart-ass now! :bounce: top of 3 subjects and a piece of paper that proves it;) yay!
just a random observation-John Keats had a seemingly boring life. He was psychologically screwed from a young age, threw away his medical career, turned to literature, then died. How exciting:rolleyes: :p although, to his credit, some of his poems are actually pretty good:yeah:

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 06:17 AM
:rolleyes: and then the Aussie media wonders why Lleyton kicks them out of his press conferences. Still, assuming that it was in fact Mark who pulled out of doubles, I'm fairly cranky with him. Lack of practice is not fixed by even less practice.

Hi Ash!

tournesol
06-09-2004, 08:18 AM
OMG that high horse smilie is the funniest thing I've ever seen! One day I have to learn how to copy those things!

And your comments are interesting too. I'm glad you didn't have to go to the housewife school! :D On the other hand, I think everyone should learn to cook (mae and female) but not instead of the other stuff.

to cook, iron, use a washing machine, fill in a money transfer, change a tyre (yes i can and proud of it :p ) in short survive in our civilisation

2 exemples of discrimination dating from 1988

i was refused a 20% pay rise (granted to all employees) on the ground that i was pregnant and therefore would not come back to work (oooooh the nasty 'procès d'intention' :fiery: ) at the time i couldn't even complain because as there was no collective contract this pay rise was deemed to have been awarded individually.

a collegue of mine ask for 1 week annual leave on the ground that his kid had some kind of infectious disease (don't remember exactly which one) and as his wife was pregnant he wanted to go away with the kid till the he was no longer infectious so that there would be no risk for his wife and the baby. the leave was refused, the guy didn't turn up and was sacked the day he came back for having been absent without permission.

imo there's still room for improvement

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi Dani,

Sadly I have no trouble believing those tales. They'd both be illegal in my state now, but probably not in the 80s. At least we're making progress. Let's hope the younger women on this board experience less of those examples than those who have gone before ;) It does explain why some of us are perfectly happy to be called feminists!

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 08:48 AM
PS Yes and I agree everyone should learn those other things too. Some people these days seem to be rich in academic knowledge and totally clueless about anything practical! Women whose idea of changing a tyre is fluttering their eyelids at passersby impress me about as much as blokes who can't iron a shirt :lol:

tournesol
06-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi Dani,

Sadly I have no trouble believing those tales. They'd both be illegal in my state now, but probably not in the 80s. At least we're making progress. Let's hope the younger women on this board experience less of those examples than those who have gone before ;) It does explain why some of us are perfectly happy to be called feminists!

:wavey: jane

i don't mind being called a feminist (though i know that in some people mouth it's an insult) it's just remind me that my middle name is simone :p

tenniswise: it's a pity that mark retired, and second according the results on queen's site grosjean already defeated reid - a bit strange since the match was scheduled today at 1 pm local time ????

hopefully Ll keeps focused

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Oh right, cool middle name! Though I always suspected de Beauvoir lost something in translation ;) Our most famous home-grown "libber" is of course the famously insane Greer, although to be fair even she says she wrote most of her books to be devil's advocate and not because she actually agrees with her own more extremist views. :lol: takes all types, I suppose!

Yes, I am not Mark's biggest fan today. I expect that kind of quitterism from certain big serving Americans, not from Aussies. :( How can Grosjean have possibly defeated Reid already? It's only about 10am in the UK, isn't it???? Weird.

Poor old Lleyton. It must be hard to concentrate knowing Kim is waiting to go to hospital. I wonder if he'll visit Bree next week? Probably for a few days at least.

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:07 AM
I think "d" must be a typo for "vs". It's a really dodgy site - elsewhere they profile "Tom Reid" who is apparently a young Aussie up against Grosjean today :lol: Plus I can't find a decent scoreboard anywhere :(

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:11 AM
*doesn't own an iron* :o

Can I say in my defence that I can cook? :p :lol:

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:15 AM
:wavey: Allan!

I guess then the question is, do you own any cotton shirts that have to be ironed? Because crumpled is not a great look!

Yes, cooking counts.

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 09:21 AM
:wavey:

tournesol
06-09-2004, 09:24 AM
*doesn't own an iron* :o

Can I say in my defence that I can cook? :p :lol:

:wavey: allan

provided you have iron-free clothes no problemo ;)

i suspect that men are better cook than women since for most of them it's a freely chosen/accepted task

tournesol
06-09-2004, 09:25 AM
:wavey: keira

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:27 AM
:wavey: Allan!

I guess then the question is, do you own any cotton shirts that have to be ironed? Because crumpled is not a great look!

Yes, cooking counts.

I do have a handful of cotton shirts, but I only wear them once in a blue moon...thankfully, the dress code is quite relaxed where I work....

With my clothes, I kinda just have them in this great big heap on my bedroom floor :o ... I put them on and hope the wrinkles go away by themselves. :o

My house is also disgracefully untidy.... books and papers everywhere. So much for stereotypes, huh? :p

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:31 AM
LOL - teflon coated Allan! I don't think you'd get away with that in a law office.

I agree Dani, look at how many top chefs are men! Goes to show inability to cook is generall laziness not genes!

Hello Keira! How are you?

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 09:31 AM
:wavey: Dani!
I have to go off now- do some homework :o

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Stereotypes :p

I know untidy and tidy people in every section of the gender-orientation matrix! It must be on an entirely different chromosome! But does anyone know why all doctors must have such terrible handwriting?!

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Oh yeah, and I take about one third as long as the male in my house to get ready in the mornings too. I think quite a few women do!

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Bye again Keira!

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 09:39 AM
:wavey: bye guys

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:41 AM
LOL - teflon coated Allan! I don't think you'd get away with that in a law office.

I agree Dani, look at how many top chefs are men! Goes to show inability to cook is generall laziness not genes!

Hello Keira! How are you?

:lol: I probably wouldn't... this is my living room at the moment. :o

Re. medical doctors' writing.... I'm no expert, but I read somewhere their writing evolves towards the illegible as it subconsciously reflects their training to be secretive.

EDIT: No more pic :p

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:46 AM
LOL, that's pretty untidy but don't look to me for help - my home is not too bad but my office :scared:

That actually makes sense about doctors. They are secretive little vegemites.

tournesol
06-09-2004, 09:47 AM
:lol: I probably wouldn't... this is my living room at the moment. :o

Re. medical doctors' writing.... I'm no expert, but I read somewhere their writing evolves towards the illegible as it subconsciously reflects their training to be secretive.

if that can comfort you some famous french author once wrote 'a beautiful disorder is a piece of art' (un beau désordre est un effet de l'art) - no need to say that i spend my life fighting art at home ;)

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:50 AM
if that can comfort you some famous french author once wrote 'a beautiful disorder is a piece of art' (un beau désordre est un effet de l'art) - no need to say that i spend my life fighting art at home ;)

:lol: @ "fighting art" :lol:

OMG, that is beautiful though! I should grab that quote and put it on my office door :p

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Oh dear you have to love those French writers! I just wish I could read them properly!

Anyway I'm off for the time being ... I have to exercise my practical skills in the fields of cooking and washing up ;)

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:54 AM
LOL, that's pretty untidy but don't look to me for help - my home is not too bad but my office :scared:

That actually makes sense about doctors. They are secretive little vegemites.

LOL my office isn't brilliant, but it isn't as bad as my house. :o

tournesol
06-09-2004, 09:54 AM
:lol: @ "fighting art" :lol:

OMG, that is beautiful though! I should grab that quote and put it on my office door :p

i'll try to find you the author (i'm thinking of voltaire but i'm not at all sure)

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 09:56 AM
:wavey: Bye Jane! :)

tournesol
06-09-2004, 10:04 AM
:wavey: Bye Jane! :)

here we go: un beau désordre est un effet de l'art - Nicolas Boileau 17th c

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 10:09 AM
:hug: Thanks so much, Dani! :kiss:

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:14 AM

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Angele! :kiss: :hug:

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:15 AM
I cannot wait until I graduate! I went to see my friend's prom dress last night and it's so gorgeous, I can't wait to start shopping for mine :D Her dress is white and strapless and it's like a cinderalla dress, it's so nice :hearts:

tournesol
06-09-2004, 10:16 AM
Angele! :kiss: :hug:

:wavey: :angel: e and have a nice evening jane

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 10:18 AM
So how much longer before it's your turn, Angele?

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:21 AM
So how much longer before it's your turn, Angele?
1 year :yippee: :woohoo:

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
1 year :yippee: :woohoo:

:bounce: :hug:

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm beyond excited for everything that comes with being a senior next year... and believe me, y'all will hear plenty about it when the time comes ;) Shopping for a prom dress is like on top of the list for me though. They're all so gorgeous these days and the style is really those big cinderally dresses so you really do feel like a princess when you're in one ( now that I would know though :p ). I went shopping with one of my friends last year and the stores are jam-packed with beautiful dresses! And when we were visiting my friend last night my mum even made it seem like they (my parents) would pay for my dress so it looks like I'll be saving myself $500 :D

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Here's my friend's dress, she's got the white version though!

http://www.alfredangelo.ca/images/styles/3601/large.jpg

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 10:51 AM
That's a nice dress.... I do like the styles that leaves the shoulders bare.

Angele
06-09-2004, 10:55 AM
I especially like the skirt... it's a little big on the pic, my friend's is actually not quite as over the top but it's still quite princess-like :angel:

Anyways I've gotta go, school awaits :ras:

:wavey: :kiss:

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 11:00 AM
:wavey: Have a good day, Angele! :hug:

tournesol
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
:wavey: Have a good day, Angele! :hug:

merci, merci, merci :kiss:

edit: ok i'm not :angel: e (definitely not ange enough); my thanks are directed to the fish

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 12:44 PM
You are welcome! :hug:

:lol: Wow, I didn't know the fish was so well-loved! denim wanted to start a petition in the "posters of the goodrep thread chat here" thread to get it back! :lol: So I folded.... ;)

star
06-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Fish!! Fish!!! Fish!!!!

:bigclap:

Too bad you aren't a Mardy fan. ;)

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 01:07 PM
:haha:

Well, we have Potato for Lleyton and Duck for Andy.... can I start something here? :p Do you know much about how he's doing these days?

star
06-09-2004, 01:09 PM
He has some sort of injury that I forget what it is but I remember being ewwwwww when I first heard it, so it must be kind of bad. Maybe a hip injury or something.

star
06-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Hewitt is on the court. :)

Puss-in-Boots
06-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Ah... I didn't recall hearing much about him for a while....

How are you, Christina? :hug:

Ah cool! Does this tourney have a site with a live scoreboard? :)

tournesol
06-09-2004, 01:20 PM
Ah... I didn't recall hearing much about him for a while....

How are you, Christina? :hug:

Ah cool! Does this tourney have a site with a live scoreboard? :)

:wavey: christina

here we go for a productivity slump, GO Ll

http://www.stellaartoistennis.com/default.asp

star
06-09-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm ok. :)

I should be washing my hair right now though. :)

yeah. http://stellaartoistennis.com Scoll down a bit and there is a big square middle right that says live scoring. :)

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Ah yay! Lleyton won 6-3, 6-2 :)
Did anyone watch the match?

Murkofan
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Here's my friend's dress, she's got the white version though!

http://www.alfredangelo.ca/images/styles/3601/large.jpg

Princess Bubble Yum! :eek: :p

Murkofan
06-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Allan, I miss those goofy chicks :p

Jess
06-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Ah yay! Lleyton won 6-3, 6-2 :)
Did anyone watch the match?

Yes, for once they showed it on TV here :eek: A little shocked they managed to squeeze it in between pro-Henman ranting they're doing :rolleyes:

It took him a while to warm up but he played well in the middle - breaking three times then tailed off again towards the end, but he never really looked in any danger. Lopez had I think on break point against Lleyts in the whole match, but Lleyts won it with a very questionable ace (it was miles wide) - but I'm not complaining ;)

He's playing Johnny Marry (some Brit I'd never head of) in the third round.

They also had a dead cute interview with Lleyts at the start - showing him playing when he was a kid, winning Adelaide in 1996 and winning Wimbledon. In the interview at the end they asked him about Kim and he said she was obviously disappointed but doing okay.

And he looks :drool: fantastic. :D

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info! :kiss:

kim4eva
06-09-2004, 02:44 PM
I gotta go

See ya :wavey:

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh fucking shit :fiery: Why the hell did I watch the match on Eurosport. I missed that interview pfff :rolleyes: Oh well, thanks for updating re the interviews Jess! Excuse my language :p

kim-fan
06-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Oh fucking shit :fiery: Why the hell did I watch the match on Eurosport. I missed that interview pfff :rolleyes: Oh well, thanks for updating re the interviews Jess! Excuse my language :p

hey, you can watch the interview here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/3791453.stm

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh yay! Thanks Kim-Fan! :kiss: :hug:

Murkofan
06-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Tsk, BBB, such language :p

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Shut the hell up :p

Neville to Campbell,
Campbell to Rio,
Rio to Scholsey,
Scholsey Gerrard,
Gerrard to Beckham,
Beckham to Heskey,
Heskey to Owen it's a goal 5-1!!!!!!!!!!

:umbrella:

Murkofan
06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Um, yay? :p

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM
:p

I'm just singing football songs :p England is getting football fever for our 1st game of the European championships on Sunday!

Woo! :banana:

Our opening game is against France the current Euro Champions :rolleyes: Plus, half of the French team play for Arsenal :p so I'll be cheering against them for once come Sunday :p

Jess
06-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Henman got knocked out :D That shut the commentators up.

Though of course he is going to make a come back for Wimbledon. :p

proteus
06-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Our opening game is against France the current Euro Champions :rolleyes: Plus, half of the French team play for Arsenal :p so I'll be cheering against them for once come Sunday :p
:devil: Very good! :devil:

Neely
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
aww, too bad that Henman is already out

Lleyton always loved to play against him (especially in Queen's) ;) :lol: :yeah: hehe :)

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Henman got knocked out :D That shut the commentators up.

Though of course he is going to make a come back for Wimbledon. :p

Great :yeah: but the Eurosport commentator had an excuse on standby.

"We're just hearing from the press office that possibly Henman is not 100%.! This was literally 2 seconds after he lost :rolleyes:

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:33 PM
:devil: Very good! :devil:

Pro :kiss: :wavey:

Jess
06-09-2004, 07:34 PM
:lol: They always have an excuse ready for him!
BBC excuse was that his mind "might be on other things" with announcement of new baby henman :rolleyes:
Alternatively he just played badly :p

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:35 PM
aww, too bad that Henman is already out

Lleyton always loved to play against him (especially in Queen's) ;) :lol: :yeah: hehe :)

LOL ;)

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
:lol: They always have an excuse ready for him!
BBC excuse was that his mind "might be on other things" with announcement of new baby henman :rolleyes:
Alternatively he just played badly :p
Jess :wavey:

A new baby Henman? :tape: Are you kidding me :o :rolleyes:

Or, alternatively again, Beck just played better :p

Jess
06-09-2004, 07:39 PM
No I'm not joking - it was the first thing Sue Barker said when introducing programme, "Everything's looking Rosie :rolleyes: for Tim and Lucy as they announce they are expecting their second child in January."

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:43 PM
No I'm not joking - it was the first thing Sue Barker said when introducing programme, "Everything's looking Rosie :rolleyes: for Tim and Lucy as they announce they are expecting their second child in January."
Good god. Maybe, if it's a girl again, they'll call this one Marjory or something :tape: :p

Jess
06-09-2004, 07:44 PM
lol - probably :rolleyes: He should have been around in the 1950's he's that kind of person.

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:46 PM
LOL, what's the first one's name again :scratch: Elizabeth Rose I think :rolleyes: It's as 'British' as you can get *yawns* You'll never see Timbo calling his child Apple that's for sure :haha: :p

How's the backache today? Gone down a bit?

Jess
06-09-2004, 07:52 PM
LOL, what's the first one's name again :scratch: Elizabeth Rose I think :rolleyes: It's as 'British' as you can get *yawns* You'll never see Timbo calling his child Apple that's for sure :haha: :p

How's the backache today? Gone down a bit?

No I don't think Tim is going to name his kid after fruit :lol: The first one is called Rose Elizabeth :o hence Sue Barker's ridiculous puns about life being Rosie :unsure:

Backache is recovering now but did not cope well with 3 hour!!!! Maths exam I had to sit through this morning :rolleyes:

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 07:59 PM
No I don't think Tim is going to name his kid after fruit :lol: The first one is called Rose Elizabeth :o hence Sue Barker's ridiculous puns about life being Rosie :unsure:

Backache is recovering now but did not cope well with 3 hour!!!! Maths exam I had to sit through this morning :rolleyes:

Oh dear here comes the time of year where Sue fawns all over Henboy :o Poor joke Sue :o

3 hours :eek: and of Maths :eek: How did you think it went? I had an English exam this morn, but it was only 1h 30.

Jess
06-09-2004, 08:02 PM
I think Maths was good today :shrug: though it's difficult to tell for sure. Today was the pure maths one which I'm usually okay with.... Mechanics is worse (too similar to Phsyics :o ) - but that's next week and I'll worry about it then! Chemistry next up.

How do you think your English went?

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 08:09 PM
I'm glad you thought it went well! I agree though it is hard to tell. I think English went good too, it was my 1st exam since A-Level :unsure: I have one on Friday & I don't know a thing :rolleyes:

Jess
06-09-2004, 08:12 PM
What's your degree in - just English or something combined?

Good luck on Friday :)
I don't mind exams but I feel really out of practice at them - it's been ages since I last did any serious ones.

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Cheers mate :kiss: Good Luck with yours too :hug:

Oh, yeah the Rugby team are playign NZ soon, and they're playing in Dunedin! And, I thought hey, that's where Jess lives! :D :p

Scotso
06-09-2004, 08:22 PM
faaaaarm livin' is the life for me!

YAY MY KAROL :bounce:

He beat the minger on GRASS and is finally getting the attention he deserves :bounce:

KaseyL
06-09-2004, 08:23 PM
:wavey: thread

Hi Scott! How are you?

and bye Cilla! Good luck with your exams :hug: :wavey:

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Okay, I have to be off now!

Bye :wavey:

Goonergal
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
I knew you'd be happy Scott :hug:

Sorry, hi and bye Scott & Ingrid :kiss:

Jess :wavey:

Jess
06-09-2004, 08:29 PM
:wavey: Cilla :)

Hi Ingrid and Scott :)

Scotso
06-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Cillz :kiss:

hey guys :kiss:

I need to run off to wtaworld for a few minutes hehe :wavey:

KaseyL
06-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Hi Jess! :wavey: A :hug: for you too, for your exams. Good luck!

Glad to see that Lleyton has won today. :bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:
And that he still has his hair! :D
I've taped his match but didn't watch it yet; will be for later.

Jess
06-09-2004, 08:42 PM
The match is okay - he's great in the middle but patchy at the start and end. But he won though - which is more than Henman did :)

KaseyL
06-09-2004, 08:45 PM
The match is okay - he's great in the middle but patchy at the start and end. But he won though - which is more than Henman did :)

LOL seems so :D

LMAO at the rosie comments here (have been reading back)

Jess
06-09-2004, 08:53 PM
LOL seems so :D

LMAO at the rosie comments here (have been reading back)

Yes, they were particularly bad like that today. Hopefully they'll improve tomorrow though ;) now he's out. We had a half hour feature on him at the start of the programme. Nearly missed the first bit of Lleyts match because of it.

KaseyL
06-09-2004, 09:06 PM
I have to be off, Jess (and Scott if you're coming back here). Have a good night and best of luck with the exams. :wavey:

Jess
06-09-2004, 10:49 PM
Anyone?

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Are you still here Jess?

Jess
06-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm still here. Backache and babyache is preventing me sleeping :o

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 11:32 PM
:hug: poor Jess. Never mind, you're more than half way now!

Hope the maths exam was OK apart from the length. Do you have many more of the 3 hour exams or mostly shorter?

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 11:36 PM
I have to laugh at all the big names falling out of Queens - so much for Lleyton's difficult draw everyone was discussing - I think Roddick's the only one left! Though frankly I'd prefer Lleyton to play some tougher players (much as it goes against my grain to hope Roddick is still in by the SFs!).

I think Elizabeth Rose is a fine name. Tellibly English though ;)

Sunshine1
06-09-2004, 11:45 PM
I have a 6 hour english exam coming up.

Lisbeth
06-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Crikey what do you have to do in 6 hours? Write a novel?

Sunshine1
06-10-2004, 12:08 AM
No, its just about 3 or 4 essays, a few short answers and multiple choice questions.
Its divided into 2 days. In New York state if you pass it you can graduate.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Oh, that sounds OK. I thought you meant one paper which took six straight hours! When I did my final school exams I once had to do 2 x 3 hour papers in one day, but we had a 1.5 hour break in between.

Yay for graduating!

Sunshine1
06-10-2004, 12:19 AM
I still have about 6 or 7 more these exams before I can. But these are shorter it 3 hours but no break.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Exmas are exhausting but at least they end!

Sunshine1
06-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, well its broken up into 2 years. I take 4 this year on top of my 7 other final exams. The exams that are broken up into 2 years are given by the state.

Puss-in-Boots
06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Allan, I miss those goofy chicks :p

LOL, I did post the pic it came from, if you really like it that much you can use it as your avatar! ;)

Puss-in-Boots
06-10-2004, 12:41 AM
:wavey: hi and bye, thread.... am at work now, so can't stay.

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Yeah, but it's not the same delightful surprise as it is when you use it :p

Beebs, when was your avatar pic taken, and who is that other chick?

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:01 AM
faaaaarm livin' is the life for me!

:D

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:02 AM
Hello Marly.

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Howdy pardner! I just got done running my city in Sim City into the ground :o I'm in debt about $50,000 and I can't take out any more loans :o Hope things are going better with whatever you're doing :p

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:11 AM
I keep meaning to get the Sims - sounds like so much fun :) But I never think of it when I'm actually near somwhere useful.

I'm good - bored but good. I hate the kind of bored where you actually have lots to do, it's just boring. It's not like I can just up and go to HP or something! We have a 3-day weekend coming up though :bounce: I love long weekends. Thanks for a birthday, Queen!

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I meant "having a birthday". Actually I think it was her great grandfather's birthday or something but what the heck as long as I get Monday off work!

How is your job going? Have you pushed the dickhead into a vat of boiling oil yet?

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:12 AM
I love both Sim City and The Sims :D But then, I am a complete control freak, so that might have something to do with it :p

I staved off boredom this afternoon by cleaning my rooms :p So fun :p

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:14 AM
No, the dickhead has changed his tune. He's suddenly started addressing me by my name and including me in conversations and jokes. I don't quite know what to make of his behavior. I told my shrink about him, and about the manager I got into it with, and she suggested that I look for employment elsewhere :p

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:18 AM
Ha! A shrink tell someone to get work elswhere :rolleyes: They do sound a bit odd but I think a lot of people are.

I didn't eben know Sims and Sims City were different. Which one should i get first?

Actually I'd rather be tidying something. I am mainly filling in endless, neverending, interminable forms! It goes: fill in form, post in LLL, fill in form, get coffee, talk to equally bored colleagu, hide from boss, post on LLL, fill in form ...

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Well, my parents agree with the shrink, so that gives some credence to her opinion :p Besides, she's really cool and is really quite helpful.

In Sim City, you play as the mayor of a city. You're in charge of zoning land, providing water, electricity, transportation, entertainment, safety and industry for your city. In The Sims, you create your own person and guide them through their daily lives. Both games are loads of fun, and they're independent of one another, so it doesn't matter which you get first. Go with whatever strikes your fancy more.

So I take it you're planning on going to see PoA this weekend?

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:32 AM
We'll see - it only opens here today so I expect the crowds will be fairly bad this weekend, but I'll play it by ear and maybe I'll go on Monday.

I'm glad your shrink is helpful :) I once read that they have the highest rates of suicide of any job though so I was amused by the idea of one deeming someone's else's job to be too weird ;)

Maybe I will get the person Sims ... a whole city sounds like a bit too much responsibility.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:34 AM
I think I will go and see Troy anyway. I can't get over Eric Bana as a serious actor - he used to be on a really silly satirical skit comedy show in Aus :lol:

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:35 AM
Urgh, I don't recommend Troy :p

I can certainly see why shrinks would have a high suicide rate. The people in the appointment before me were nutters, and I could tell my shrink was distracted for the first ten minutes or so of our session :p

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:40 AM
That's what would freak me out. The normal people with normal issues are probably often very nice but the few percent who were truly off their rockers would be scary.

My sister got locked in a room by a prisoner during her psych term at uni. Put her right off, but luckily the guards were aware of this guys tendency to do that and came and released her after a few minutes!

Murkofan
06-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Oh, that sounds freaky. I don't think psychology is for me :p

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 01:54 AM
Me neither - nice safe law for me (though I guess people who practise criminal law have a different view on that ;) )

I'm hungry. Must because it's colder than usual. I wonder how early I can sneak off to lunch ...

star
06-10-2004, 01:55 AM
Hey, last friday, a guy walked into his lawyer's office (these are both people I know) and blew his brains out all over her office.

People are nutty.

star
06-10-2004, 01:57 AM
When it is colder than usual, how cold is it in Sydney?

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Hello Christina. Crikey that's awful! That kind of thing tends to happen less here because it's really hard to get a gun. I'm sure it happens occasionally though.

Um, not very cold at all. Maximum temp on the coldest days of winter is probably around 10 degrees C. Today it's probably about 14-15, but just last week it was more like 22 so it's a sudden drop! I guess the other thing is people don't tend to own really warm winter clothes here so it's a shock to the system when we suddenly have a week of colder weather.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Actually, I do work for a few nutters but they're not violent nutters ;) Just the ordinary everyday kind.

star
06-10-2004, 02:04 AM
I hate cold weather.

When I lived in Texas it was the same. No one had any warm clothing, and then it was so awful if you had to travel somewhere in the north. Or I would forget that it was actually really cold in Michigan in March when it was SO warm in Houston.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 02:07 AM
We're pretty lucky weather-wise. It would be hard to find a nicer climate overall, the odd hail storm or 40 degrees of humidity aside.

Woohoo for Lleyton's win! I wish I had coverage so I could see whether he's playing well.

tournesol
06-10-2004, 07:49 AM
:wavey: lovely thread

a big :hug: for everyone with exams

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Hello Dani. I think our time zones must match up better at this time of year as you seem to be around earlier!

By the way, in case anyone was concerned, I have not been loitering since my last post hoping for someone to turn up ;)

tournesol
06-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Hello Dani. I think our time zones must match up better at this time of year as you seem to be around earlier!

By the way, in case anyone was concerned, I have not been loitering since my last post hoping for someone to turn up ;)

to be honest i'm in a 'flemme' period that is to say procrastination at its best

we got 2 days with 30°C and today it's rainy and probabbly just 20°c :o this climate will kill me

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
I can cope with hot and cold and wet and dry - it's the sudden changes I hate :(

I understand the feeling regarding procrastination ;) I just looked up the draw and Lletyton not playing till very late my time - actually very early a more apt description! So hopefully I will wake up to good news.

possie
06-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Just a really quick post, I'm not on my computer ATM, its decided to break and is away getting fixed :( Missing out on all the news, hopefully will have comp. back soon, someone can fill me in!

All I know so far is there is no shaved head and Kim going from bad to worse :(

kim4eva
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM

Jess
06-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Lleyts about to start :bounce:

star
06-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Lleyton's match has live video feed from the BBC

Jess
06-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Anybody?

star
06-10-2004, 11:45 PM
:wavey: But you are probably gone.

Lisbeth
06-10-2004, 11:56 PM

tournesol
06-11-2004, 07:38 AM

:wavey: thread

:rain: :rain: *it's raining again*

Lisbeth
06-11-2004, 07:54 AM
Hi Dani!

It rained here last night too - only for a few hours but extremely torrential and the ground was so dry it didn't soak in for ages. I had to jump puddles this morning! We need the rain though :)

Ashie_87
06-11-2004, 10:42 AM
ohhh that storm last night was fun!:D although our puppy got scared cause she's actually never heard thunder....and she's like 2:p lol but by the time we got to school the ground was dry and the top soil had washed away:tape: that's how heavy it was. apparently it was 4.6mm out our way...fun.
Puddles are fun;)

kim4eva
06-11-2004, 10:57 AM

Billabong
06-11-2004, 01:05 PM
Anybody :wavey:?

star
06-11-2004, 01:07 PM
In the tournament thread. :)

Billabong
06-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Okidoo:)!

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Beebs, when was your avatar pic taken, and who is that other chick?

1) Not sure :p
2) Cheryl Broadbent. Lleyton hired her as his personal massueuse for the AO this year.

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Well Done Lleyton :yeah: Onto Roddick :devil: This will be their frist meeting since the infamous USO QF 01 won't it? :aplot:

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Ooh & I finished my last exam about 1h 15 min ago! I know I flunked but hey :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:20 PM
2) Cheryl Broadbent. Lleyton hired her as his personal massueuse for the AO this year.

Oh really? :aplot: :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Desperado...why don't you come to your senses? Been out ridin' fences for so long now...

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Oh really? :aplot: :p
Yes, reaalllllly :aplot: :p

Have you checked your e-mail yet? :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
No, is that a hint? :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:36 PM
I got that email, and responded to it, yesterday :p Maybe you should check yours :p

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes :p

But, I have no new mail :p Oh well, I'll check again :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, my email said it was sent :p Maybe your email is dumb :p

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:46 PM
Nope nothing there, I think your email is the one that's :retard: :p Send it again :p

Murkofan
06-11-2004, 04:51 PM
I can't right now, I gotta go to work :p :wavey:

Goonergal
06-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Pfff :p

Bye :wavey:

Angele
06-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I am SO tired :zzz: Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and got up this morning at 5 ( and I didn't even have time to have breakfast :eek: )

I was running for student counsil vice president ( lost horribly this afternoon :( :o :sad: :sad: :sad: :o ) so I spent so much time this week working on making signs and writing speeches, all for nothing :mad: My friend, who also lost :mad: , made a ton of muffins earlier this week with our initials on them so last night I made a ton of cookies. The most time I wasted was on signs, that took like 4 or 5 hours the other day :mad: And through all this I had to english projects to do and a research paper in history. My mother was working all week so everyday I had to drive my siblings all over the place. I'm barely sitting down for 10 minutes that I have to drive my brother to the gym or to the golf course or the tennis court and drive my sister to dance class or ballet class :banghead: I've got exams next week and I haven't started studying, haven't had any time at all. I'm just so tired. All week I've been getting up at 5 or 5:30 a.m to get organized and haven't gone to bed before at least 11 or 11:30 :yawn: Tonight I'm working from 5-7 but after that I am coming home and just going to bed. I've had the longest week and I've got another long one coming up with exams all of next week :( Ok, rant over :o Feel free to totally ignore this, just needed to get it out of my system!

Angele
06-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I HATE crying in front of people, especially my dad. But about 30 minutes he came to ask if I was ok about the election and stuff and he was like ah well it was close, blah, blah, blah and giving pathetic reasons as to why I didn't win and I was like look, I'm not as popular as the people who won, end of story, it doesn't have to do with anything else and I just completely broke down into tears :o So now, 30 minutes later, I'm at work and hoping like hell that I don't have to deal with anybody tonight because my eyes are still a little red :( :ras:

Jess
06-11-2004, 08:31 PM
:wavey: Anyone here?

Jess
06-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Ange BIG :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like a pretty crappy week :kiss:
Have a good sleep :hug: It really sounds like you need one!

Angele
06-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Still here Jess?

Angele
06-11-2004, 08:49 PM
Ange BIG :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sounds like a pretty crappy week :kiss:
Have a good sleep :hug: It really sounds like you need one!
Thanks :hug: The only comforting thing right now is knowing that in ONE week I will be on holidays for 2 months. I can't wait. I can't wait to get away from school and get away from the people there :o Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and most of my classmates but a lot of them can become tiresome after a while. I think atm we're just all very sick of each other :o Everybody is tired and frustrated and just needs a break!

Jess
06-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Definitely - it always gets that way towards the end of the term - a couple of weeks without seeing each other all the time is probably exactly what you need, then you can meet up in the holidays and have a great time :)

And as for leaving school :rolleyes: I am virtually counting the hours at the moment ;)

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Elections took a hell of a lot out of me, much more than I thought, and I am just exhausted atm... and I'm happy for most of the people who won but I still don't need to be seeing them everyday :o Deep down I'm the kind of person that likes to stay home and curl up with a good book or watch a movie. I'm not a party animal or the type to be out all the time :o During the school year it's hard to avoid because if people ask you to go out you can't keep saying no all the time but during holidays when I don't see anybody it's a little easier :o And whenever I feel like going out I can just call somebody up :angel:

How was your exam today? You must be almost bouncing off the walls cuz the end is so near for you right now!

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Exam was okay I think (one of many horrible Chemistry things :o )

I am alternating between bouncing off the walls in complete excitement at going home and seeing people again :) - the need to sit down in my new house, preferably with Dan :) , and just not do anything for a couple of months is very strong now!
However I am increasingly nervous about having the baby and there is something rather unsettling about going miles away from Mum. She's coming out to NZ around the time the baby is born though :)

We went shopping this afternoon (got the cutest little baby dresses :) )

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Chemistry rocks :woohoo: I'd give anything to be doing that atm instead of biology :o

I'm sure everything will be fine with the birth of the baby! Of course you're a little nervous, that's totally natural, but you and bubs will be fine :hug: And you'll really only be a couple of months without your mum. You're leaving at the end of June and she's probably going over around the beginning of Septembre so that's only two months! And in those two months you'll be busy meeting up with friends and spending time with Dan so you'll barely have time to miss her :hug:

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh and I forgot, :hearts: :hearts: for baby dresses :D

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Oh I know - I'm just being a little overly emotional really ;)

Lol - well I wish I could swop you chemistry for biology ;) I've got that next week though alongside yet more Chemistry :o

Oh and I love baby clothes - we were walking round this big shopping centre and Mum is actually worse than me. But the little dresses and cute little baby skirts and baby suit things :hearts: I know it's impractical because she's not actually going to be small enough to wear them for very long ;) but they're so sweet :)

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:23 PM
At least you've got an excuse to be emotional, I'm just emotional for no reason :p

I totally understand about baby clothes and girl clothes is SO much worse than boy clothes... I hope you're next baby ( if you have another baby) is a boy lol Whenever I walk through a department store and seeing little pink and purple dresses I wanna buy everything for my god-daughter and she's just my god-daughter, not my own daughter lol

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:27 PM
Girl clothes are definitely so much more fun :) :lol:

And you do have a reason to be emotional - you're tired and understandably a bit disappointed ;) I just randomly burst into tears for absolutely no reason whatsoever ;)

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Well pink and purple are just so much cuter than grey and black lol But there are some cute little boy clothes too :angel:

I can definetly be randomly emotional too for no reason whatsoever :o I'll just be sitting at the computer and start thinking about my life and burst into tears :o

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:39 PM
:hug: Everyone has moods like that now and then :hug:
But you do have an end in site - two months off school :D and then only one more year - that really isn't long!

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks Jess :hug: The end of next year is something to look forward to, my actual senior year on the other hand could be hell on earth :o Let's hope not though ;)

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm sure you'll get through it some how :) . I found the year before hardest because there seemed much more going on and less time to actually do stuff for school. This year has in a way been better - the end is in sight - which changed my attitude a bit.
Plus you get to look around colleges and universities which is exciting, deciding what you're going to do. And of course you can never tell what might happen in the future ;)

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Well I don't see any big surprises in my future... certainly not a baby ( can't have a baby alone afterall :o :( ). And well I'm already decided where I'm studying and what I'm studying so I won't have that to look around at. I'm looking forward to shopping for a prom dress but I'm terrified of not finding a date :o I'll definetly be looking forward to graduating though!

Jess
06-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Concentrate on graduating then :)

What are you studying? Was it pharmacy you were hoping to do? Are you going away for uni?

Angele
06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Yup, pharmarcy is what I'm planning on doing. I need to do a Bachelor of Science first though, or at least 2-3 years of science. I'm going a little bit away lol Uni is 2-2.5 hours away from home. It's one of the nearest universities to home since there's no local uni.

Jess
06-11-2004, 10:17 PM
Sorry - computer being silly :mad:

Going a bit away from home sounds good - far enough to be away from your parents but near enough for them to be there when you want something/need them! Uni'll be fun :)

Angele
06-11-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm looking forward to going to uni, if only for the change of atmosphere. I go to a very small school and it's so clique-y and all the things that go with that so I'm looking forward to going somewhere where nobody knows me and see how that turns out. Could be awesome, could be horrible but I'll have to wait and see!

Jess
06-11-2004, 10:30 PM
That's the thing with anything new - you never know how it's going to turn out and I guess that's part of the excitement of new stuff too. Life would be pretty boring if we knew exactly how everything would turn out ;)
Starting afresh with new people around will be good - a change of atmosphere is always a good thing after you've been stuck in one place a really long time. :)
Are any of your friends going to that uni with you?

Angele
06-11-2004, 10:34 PM
I'm not really sure where my friends are going. Most of them seem to be quite clueless atm :o I think at least one friend is going to the same uni as I am but I'm totally ok with having her around, we get along very well. Our personalities are similar so we don't have to be walking on egg shells around each other. Another friend however is considering this uni and I'm not so happy about that :o She's the very clingy, dependant type and I just don't know if she'd be a good person so spend time at uni with... she'd be a distraction I think. Also my other friend and I are going into sciences and she's doing arts which requires a lot less time so naturally she'll get bored and want us to go out with her but we just won't have any time for that.

Jess
06-11-2004, 10:40 PM
She'll probably find new people to cling onto when you get there. Lots of new people around and she'll probably make friends on her course too. And when you have too much to do/want to get rid of her just tell her you don't want to go out - she'll soon get fed up of you ;)

But starting over isn't normally that bad - I'm not a loud outgoing person, but I've been to fifteen!!! different schools over the years and it's really not that bad :) I'm sure you'll be fine!

Angele
06-11-2004, 10:44 PM
She and I wouldn't get along at all if we didn't belong to the same group of friends. Our personalites are poles apart and we believe in totally different things so getting away from her at uni definetly wouldn't be a bad thing lol

I'm not really one that adapts well to new environments :o I don't make friends easily and I'm not the kind of person that people are naturally drawn to. I don't know that I'll be ok but the way I look at it uni is just a road to really starting your life. At the very most 7 or 8 years and I'll be out of there. After that I can do what I please without having to worry about fitting in or making friends!

Jess
06-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Exactly :) and you need to try and go into it postively and hope it will be okay.
If you have a reasonably good friend with you that should help and the first term at uni everyone is almost certain to be a bit nervous and anxious to make friends.
But don't worry about it too much, some people really don't need that many friends around them to be happy. Uni is almost definitely more tolerant than school as well, different types of people are all respected and you won't be an outcast if you don't all like the same kinds of things. And there are loads more people at uni than at school.

But you never know you might just surprise yourself ;)

Angele
06-11-2004, 10:55 PM
Well I am definetly going into it with an open mind but I don't want to go into it with too many expectations either... I've been told so many times that uni would be better than high school and that so and so about me wouldn't matter there and that people are more accepting, etc... but I'm scared that if I assume all that and paint this glorious picture of uni, I'll just get there and be dissapointed. I'd rather go in there neutral and if I like it and people are nice that's great but if they aren't it's not the end of the world either. I know that eventually I will make some kind of life for myself. Some things I can't accomplish alone but other things I can... I have no reason to think that I can't someday have a good job and be succesful professionally. If personally I'm not so succesful, I'll get over it I'm sure!

Jess
06-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah I guess if you don't have that many expectations you won't be disappointed.
Uni is nerve wracking and scary for anyone. I'm really nervous about it too - it's a big step and a lot depends on how well it goes.
Anyway we have to get there first ;) :) it's still a while off.

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine at uni Jess! From what I gather you're a great student so I'm sure academically you'll be fine at uni. And for the rest, I'm sure you'll be great. Like you said you've been to a ton of different schools and had no trouble making new friends so I'm sure uni will be the same. And plus you'll have Dan and the baby to go home to, no way you can be unhappy with that :angel:

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Are you're right re expectations. I've had it with having any expectations about anything. I just end up crushed in the end so if I can avoid that by getting rid of expectations then i'm all for it!

Jess
06-11-2004, 11:05 PM
My worry isn't so much the making friends part, because my three best friends are all going to the same uni in February.
My problem will be juggling a demanding course with a five month old baby and that I think could be the problem :shrug: I really don't know I'll be able to do it this year.

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm sure that juggling a baby and uni won't be easy but it's definetly possible. Don't forget that you won't be in it alone. Dan will be right there to help you and his parents are around if ever you need a helping hand! And I'm sure your friends wouldn't mind baby-sitting duty once in a while if you and Dan want to just go out and de-stress!

Jess
06-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Yeah hopefully I'll have people who are able to help. And university have been really good about registering Emily Bump for a place at the nursery they have on site. I expect we'll manage. And if I need to defer for a couple of years then that's what I need to do I guess :shrug: But people do manage uni with a baby so hopefully I'll be okay.

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:15 PM
The first two years will definetly be the hardest because from age 0-2 is when babies demand the most time and energy... and 5 months they may still be waking up crying in the middle of the night and at 17 months they're running all over the place not letting you relax for one second. The fact that you have Dan will be a huge help though, no doubt about that! And if you were to defer uni a couple of years it wouldn't be the end of the world but I'm positive that you'll be able to manage it this coming year!

Jess
06-11-2004, 11:20 PM
I really want to make it work this year. I've always - ever since I can remember - wanted to be a doctor and I know that having a baby is going to make it a lot harder but I'm pretty determined. And Dan couldn't be more supportive because he knows how much I want to do this. I know I would be really disappointed with myself if I didn't at least give it a go.
Plus it's not going to be much easier if I wait till the baby is walking around and talking and stuff - I'll probably just feel worse about leaving her :rolleyes:

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm sure that you'll be fine Jess... it definetly won't be easy but as long as you don't expect it to be easy, you'll be ok. You'll have to manage your time wisely and you and Dan may not get very much personal time but you can definetly make it work. Is Dan's uni course demanding?

Jess
06-11-2004, 11:27 PM
It's difficult to know how many hours courses are until you get there. Dan's doing architecture and civil engineering which has a lot of Physics and Maths type stuff in it so it's probably quite a lot of hours. I'm sure we'll make it work out - I get to meet the nursery staff and stuff when I go back so I'm sure Emily Bump will be well looked after and I'll get time to study and stuff when she's there.
And yeah we might not get that much time together to start with - but at least we'll be in the same country, which is one step up from right now ;)

Angele
06-11-2004, 11:30 PM
You seem to always put a positive spin on things so I'm sure you and Dan will work it all out ( from midnight feedings to diarper changers) and you'll be fine :hug:

Well thanks for the chat but I really need to be off... I've been crying for the last hour and a half so my contacts are dry and burning my eyes while all at the same time I'm seeing the screen all blurry :o I'm exhausted too, I should be getting to bed... and I wanna be asleep before my mom gets home because I do not want to be bursting into tears in front of her as well :o Sorry to be such a downer also, you're great for putting up with me :hug: :kiss:

Jess
06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
You get a good sleep :) Things always look better in the morning. :hug:

Lisbeth
06-12-2004, 12:35 AM
:hug: Angele - that's enough to make anyone emotional pet ;) don't feel bad

:hug: Jess - yay for leaving school and going home! Oh and bub has to wear something doesn't she ;)

Uni's great, and there are a lot more people so there's a lot more choice. But I have to tell you, I was climbing the walls to leave uni too once the end was in sight - I wanted to get out into the wide world where it's even bigger! My Dad is a (retired) teacher and he says if a school did it's job right you should be ready to leave. I tend to agree. I feel sorry for adults who mope around about missing high school, Every stage is great, you just have to make the most of it!

I CAN'T WAIT for the Lleyton-Andy match. I don't even care if LLeyton wins - i want him to of course but the practice is the main thing. I don't think Roddick is going to lord it over LLeyton for the remainder of their careers as some seem to think actually - sure is his serve's on he's hard to beat, but it's an issue of B and C games ;)

Good luck LLeyton - at least make it a really long match!

possie
06-12-2004, 01:26 AM

:hug:& :kiss: all round. I'll join the "Cry-At-The-Drop-Of-A-Hat" club too :o :p I know how you feel Ange, I've been like that too recently. Exams are ominously looming, our computer has fallen to pieces and I may have lost all my typed up notes and uni work :sad: in addition to everything else I had saved, photos etc. :sad: Its still at the computer shop which makes me feel very helpless in the situation and means limited internet access for me.

Therefore, its been back to reading the newspaper to find out Lleyton information :eek: I'm thrilled about his progress too and I'm crossing fingers and toes for a great match vs Andy. Hi performance to date gives me a good feeling ;) :)

I wouldn't worry about school / uni Ange and Jess. I agree with Jane regarding the leaving high school comment. I loved every minute of being a high school student, but I have to say, by the time I got to sitting my final exams I was ready to leave, ready to move onto bigger and better things.

Now I'm going throught those same feelings again. Uni is great, but now I feel I'm ready to expand my wings further. I never felt ready much before now, so I wouldn't worry about moving on as I am certain you'll be ready when the time comes :kiss:

And Jess, its a proven fact that women are better at multi-tasking than men....I kid you not! ;)

Good luck to everyone sitting exams. Because of my own, I may not be here much in the next week.

Talk to you later, :hatoff:

Kate05
06-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Oh I cry over the littlest things too. I bawled the other night because I didn't win a stupid drama award. Now I think about it, it was stupid for me to do so. I got into film production class though! No more Drama II! Next year is just making movies, watching movies, going up to LA to watch movies and visit studios, going to a film festival weekend in Palm Springs. Good stuff.

Today was the last day for seniors at my school(they do senior activities next week) and I've been sad all day that my senior friends are leaving. But they are so happy to be moving on.

They're finally burying Reagan after a whole WEEK. Thank. God. Longest day ever in the history of anything. The motorcade going from Pt Magu to Simi Valley took what seemed like an eternity. And I still have MSNBC on for some reason watching every second of it. Bury the poor man already! I really hope the rumor about his body not being in the coffin is true. To watch every minute of this feels like a reality show. Oh they've just taken the coffin out of the hearse at the library. What is this like the seventeenth million time Nancy Reagan has seen her husband's coffin carried out of a hearse or jet right in front of her?! That is rough. They've just said it's another hour long service. Put. coffin. in. ground.

kim4eva
06-12-2004, 02:39 AM

kim4eva
06-12-2004, 08:21 AM
:wavey: anybody?

thalle
06-12-2004, 03:26 PM
cant believe this! nobody cheering for LL against The Prick:eek:

kim4eva
06-12-2004, 03:57 PM
COME ON LLEYTON!!! 6-7 @ the first set!

YOU CAN DO THIS LLEYTS!! :bounce: :bounce: FIGHT @ the 2nd and 3rd!!!!!!

kim4eva
06-12-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm off :wavey:

GO LLEYTON!! FIGHT!!

misyou25
06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
i really thought he would make it...

Murkofan
06-12-2004, 09:03 PM
I am SO tired :zzz: Last night I went to bed at 11:30 and got up this morning at 5 ( and I didn't even have time to have breakfast :eek: )

I feel your pain, sister. Yesterday I worked from 2-11, then was up at 5 this morning to work from 7-4. Tomorrow I work from 9-5. You doctor type people need to get crackin' on that stem cell research and invent me some spare pairs of feet that I can swap out when one pair starts to hurt too much :p

My mother was working all week so everyday I had to drive my siblings all over the place. I'm barely sitting down for 10 minutes that I have to drive my brother to the gym or to the golf course or the tennis court and drive my sister to dance class or ballet class :banghead:

Remember that feeling before you think about getting pregnant :p

Murkofan
06-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Also my other friend and I are going into sciences and she's doing arts which requires a lot less time

Not if you're majoring in English :p

Murkofan
06-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Btw, Kate, I pfff at your avatar :p

Murkofan
06-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Have I mentioned that my feet hurt terribly? I need to go back to school so I can get a job that allows me to sit on my ass all day :p

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:37 PM

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:41 PM
I feel your pain, sister. Yesterday I worked from 2-11, then was up at 5 this morning to work from 7-4. Tomorrow I work from 9-5. You doctor type people need to get crackin' on that stem cell research and invent me some spare pairs of feet that I can swap out when one pair starts to hurt too much :p

Working 2-11 and then 7-4 the very next day is brutal :eek: I can't believe they make y'all work shifts like that. The most sleep you could of possibly gotten last night was 6 hours but that's probably a stretch :(

Remember that feeling before you think about getting pregnant :p

Hopefully I won't be so frustrated when it's my own kids ;) And plus by then I won't have to be doing homework in between driving them everywhere :p

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Not if you're majoring in English :p
She's majoring in the undecided ;)

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I was watching the US Olympic diving trials today ( sizing up Alexandre's competition ;) ) and one of the divers, Justin Wilcock, is gorgeous :drool: Should be an event that's easy on the eyes come Athens this summer :angel:

star
06-12-2004, 11:52 PM

Hopefully I won't be so frustrated when it's my own kids ;) And plus by then I won't have to be doing homework in between driving them everywhere :p

No, you'll just being doing all the other million things parents have to do for their kids. :)

kim4eva
06-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:55 PM
:wavey: Keira and Christina!

Angele
06-12-2004, 11:56 PM
No, you'll just being doing all the other million things parents have to do for their kids. :)
I'm sure I'll be fine once the time comes! Atm I'm of course too selfish to have kids but I'm just 17 :p Give me 7-8 years and I'll be fine!

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:10 AM
Well I'm off :wavey:

kim4eva
06-13-2004, 12:49 AM
:wavey: see you Angele!

Ashie_87
06-13-2004, 12:56 AM
:woohoo: NZ won over England in rugby last night! like 36-3:bounce:
and i'll add another :woohoo: for my bowling team yesterday! City of Sydney tournament and everyone got average or better :yeah: and i've decided i want to adopt one of the littlies on the team;) she's like 8 and is totally insane:p...and she's really short:p only comes to my waist. We won't know if we won until tuesday but i have a feeling we got a placing:clap2:
Oh. My. God. Roddick has facial hair:eek: and he beat Lleyton:ras: he actually wasn't playing too bad in the first set, even though he lost it :scratch:
i'm going to see Harry Potter 3 today! :bounce:
hope everyone has a good day! :kiss:

Danni
06-13-2004, 07:39 AM
why isn't there anyone here to talk to me? :sobbing:

Ashie_87
06-13-2004, 08:09 AM
:crazy: Harry Potter rocks! i want a Hippogriff!!!! just so it can mame people at the drop of a hat:devil: although i did notice that the movie was a bit rushed....they totally missed out on parts:cuckoo:

Knockers LaBroad
06-13-2004, 08:29 AM
:wavey: all!

Elections today.....:rolleyes:

If anyone wonders why Lleyton was emotionless yesterday..... maybe it had something to do with the light of his life. Kim had surgery yesterday. Everything went ok. Normally, it would have taken place next week, but after talking to the surgeons, she decided to let it move immediately. (this also means that the pain is not that bad anymore during wimby!)

Well done Lleyton in Queen's, I guess it kind of helps him in his prep to Wimby, he can't get anyone who serves harder and he wasn't returning bad at all. Always think of the positive!;) And he said he's still only at 70% of his abilities right now. So he's still building up to Wimby.

Nymeria
06-13-2004, 08:43 AM
:crazy: Harry Potter rocks! i want a Hippogriff!!!! just so it can mame people at the drop of a hat:devil: although i did notice that the movie was a bit rushed....they totally missed out on parts:cuckoo:

I was a bit disappointed when I saw the movie. Its too different as the book is, and really different as the first two movies as well.

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:16 PM
:wavey: Anybody?

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Glad everything went well with Kim's surgery! Hopefully she's recovering comfortably at the hospital or at home! Anybody have any idea when she'll be able to be out and about at all? Hopefully she'll be able to make it to Wimbledon, I'm sure it would be a great help to Lleyton to have her there :yeah: And I'm sure he really wantsto just see her as well. It can't be easy on him to not be there for her right now... he may go over to Belgium for a day or two though... :scratch: There's still a week til Wimbledon and Belgium isn't that far!

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:31 PM
:hug: Angele! :kiss:

You sound like it's a bit tiring (and I'm sure it is :hug: ) but I just gotta say it's so impressive that you're driving all over the place now, and I'm so proud of you! :hug:

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Allan! :kiss: :kiss:

How are you?

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:36 PM
:hug: Angele! :kiss:

You sound like it's a bit tiring (and I'm sure it is :hug: ) but I just gotta say it's so impressive that you're driving all over the place now, and I'm so proud of you! :hug:

Thanks :kiss: It's not so bad I guess it's just combined with everything else that it's a bother :( With my mom working so much I'm basically mom which means I need to do laundry, make supper, go grocery shopping, clean up the house, etc... all the while driving my siblings everywhere they need to go. Then on top of that add school, homework and exam studying and I don't have time to do much else :o Which is why all last week I was in bed at 11 and up at 5 a.m to be able to do everything I needed to do :o

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Today is a nice day though so I think I'm gonna set up camp on my deck and study and tan at the same time :cool:

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm good thanks.... :kiss:

I honestly find what you're doing so impressive... cos I still find riding the bike a bit scary in places... I hate shopping centre carparks... all these distracted people floating around looking for parks, pedestrians walking around all over the place, kids on bicycles and skateboards...

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Well I don't exactly live in a huge city so driving isn't too stressful lol The grocery store is probably my pet peeve when it comes to driving because there are a ton of cars and a ton of little old ladies that don't really know what they're doing :o

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:41 PM
Today is a nice day though so I think I'm gonna set up camp on my deck and study and tan at the same time :cool:

:cool: I hope you have a nice relaxing time!

LOL.... I feel like I'm such a kid compared to you now! I'd have trouble taking care of people. I just have 1 house plant, and I keep forgetting to water the poor thing. :o

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:45 PM
:cool: I hope you have a nice relaxing time!

LOL.... I feel like I'm such a kid compared to you now! I'd have trouble taking care of people. I just have 1 house plant, and I keep forgetting to water the poor thing. :o
Living, breathing human beings are a little harder to forget about it, especially when they're 15 and 11 and you wish they were like house plants ;) And you are not a kid :p If you were forced into taking care of people you'd be able to do it too! You might even complain about it a whole lot less than I do ;) :o

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Well I don't exactly live in a huge city so driving isn't too stressful lol The grocery store is probably my pet peeve when it comes to driving because there are a ton of cars and a ton of little old ladies that don't really know what they're doing :o

LOL, grocery shopping, exactly. :haha: about the little old ladies. Em's told me some funny stories about being in a car with her gran, I just want to give her a big hug. LOL

I'm a bit surprised (but most thankful) I haven't had more "close calls" ... motorbikes are somewhat less visible than cars.... but someone told me that if you look intimidating, people will steer clear of you. People who see me from the front will see the leathers and the black helmet with black visor and give me space.... people who see me from the back will see the learner plate and give me even more space! :p Motorbikes can mount and park on the kerb here, so I kinda have to rev the engine a little and look like I'm not gonna use my brakes to scare pedestrians away from my parking spot. :p

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:50 PM
LOL, grocery shopping, exactly. :haha: about the little old ladies. Em's told me some funny stories about being in a car with her gran, I just want to give her a big hug. LOL

I'm a bit surprised (but most thankful) I haven't had more "close calls" ... motorbikes are somewhat less visible than cars.... but someone told me that if you look intimidating, people will steer clear of you. People who see me from the front will see the leathers and the black helmet with black visor and give me space.... people who see me from the back will see the learner plate and give me even more space! :p Motorbikes can mount and park on the kerb here, so I kinda have to rev the engine a little and look like I'm not gonna use my brakes to scare pedestrians away from my parking spot. :p
:lol:

I think most drivers are careful in regards to motorbikes, here at least they are. The only accidents around here that ever involve motorbikes are motorbikes + animals not motorbikes and other vehicules. About 15 minutes away from my house there's a very scenic part of the country called the Cabot Trail and although it's very beautiful, it can also be very dangerous. The roads are very twisty and we have large moose around here so if a bike is going 100 km/h in twisty roads they don't see those animals and if they hit into them, the animal is going to win :o A lot of people driving cars even are killed when they hit moose so you can just imagine on a little bike :(

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
...especially when they're 15 and 11 and you wish they were like house plants ;)

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:51 PM
It's the truth :p I'm betting your house plants aren't always at each other's necks :p

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 12:57 PM
:lol:

I think most drivers are careful in regards to motorbikes, here at least they are. The only accidents around here that ever involve motorbikes are motorbikes + animals not motorbikes and other vehicules. About 15 minutes away from my house there's a very scenic part of the country called the Cabot Trail and although it's very beautiful, it can also be very dangerous. The roads are very twisty and we have large moose around here so if a bike is going 100 km/h in twisty roads they don't see those animals and if they hit into them, the animal is going to win :o A lot of people driving cars even are killed when they hit moose so you can just imagine on a little bike :(

Sounds a lot like the Great Ocean Road (where I crashed in March :o) although thankfully we do not have moose! :p

There have been accidents here caused because a person driving a larger vehicle "did not notice" a motorbike on the road.... I've had idiots try and merge into me.... ever heard of checking one's blindspots first? :rolleyes:

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Yeah some drivers can be pretty careless :( It must be frustrating especially for you because you know if they decide to drive into you there's not much you can do!

Angele
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
brb, going to drive my drive to work

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 01:01 PM
OK! :wavey: Cya later! :hug:

Angele
06-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Back!

Puss-in-Boots
06-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Welcome back! :hug: Has your friend had her prom yet?