The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 10 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 10

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Socket
03-22-2005, 02:45 AM
Anti-social slackass :p
Flattery will get you nowhere, my dear. :angel: :angel:

Murkofan
03-22-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm an anti-social slackass, and I've managed 17, 524 posts here, most of which have been completely nonsensical :p You should try it, its fun :p

Or I will boot you in the ass with my size 12 foot :devil: :p

Socket
03-22-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm an anti-social slackass, and I've managed 17, 524 posts here, most of which have been completely nonsensical :p You should try it, its fun :p

Or I will boot you in the ass with my size 12 foot :devil: :p
Well, I can guarantee most of my many, many fewer posts here and in other threads have been completely nonsensical. :p

And now I'm going to wash my hair, which will be the most productive thing I've accomplished today. ;)

Lisbeth
03-22-2005, 02:54 AM
I think that I'd have to return to college or retire before I could keep up with the pace you guys set. ;) Or maybe I'll just get fired one of these days because I spend too much time on the Internet during work. :eek: :eek:

Ah yes, well the answer to that (at least the one I'm saving up in case it happens to me) is that I spend a lot less time on here than Miffy in the next office spends crying on the phone to Mummy/sister/best friend about her man troubles, or than the boys down the hall spend playing corridor cricket, and it's a lot less disruptive too ... unless Cilla or someone posts a locker room confrontation in which case I admit the guffaws coming from my office are probably fairly hard to ignore ;)

:cool:

Murkofan
03-22-2005, 02:55 AM
Well, I can guarantee most of my many, many fewer posts here and in other threads have been completely nonsensical. :p

That's something anyway :p

And now I'm going to wash my hair, which will be the most productive thing I've accomplished today. ;)

Don't you just love days when you contribute absolutely nothing of substance to the good of mankind as a whole? :D :p

I guess technically the most productive thing I did was go to school, but I liked working out (twice!) at the gym better :p

Lisbeth
03-22-2005, 05:40 AM
Utterly off topic email I received today ... apologies if it 1. offends or 2. perplexes anyone ;)

Subject: THE TRUE STORY OF HELL :devil:

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington

chemistry mid-term exam. The answer by one student was so "profound"

that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is,

of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs

heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law

(gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some

variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we

need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate

at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a

soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls

are leaving.

As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different

Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state

that if you are not a member of their religion, you will

go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since

people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all

souls go to Hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of

souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of

change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order

for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of

Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls

enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase

until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in

Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes

over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman

year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and

take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number

2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has

already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has

frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more

souls and is therefore, extinct...leaving only Heaven thereby proving

the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa

kept shouting "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"

Yasmine
03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
it's a great one Jane :hug: I had read it before but I still find it great!
how is everyone :wavey: And marly I'm in a lazy phase too atm, enjoying being at home :D so i'm not contributing to anything constructive either :lol:

Socket
03-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Ah yes, well the answer to that (at least the one I'm saving up in case it happens to me) is that I spend a lot less time on here than Miffy in the next office spends crying on the phone to Mummy/sister/best friend about her man troubles, or than the boys down the hall spend playing corridor cricket, and it's a lot less disruptive too ... unless Cilla or someone posts a locker room confrontation in which case I admit the guffaws coming from my office are probably fairly hard to ignore ;)

:cool:
I know my boss wouldn't buy any of those excuses. So I've decided that if I do get fired for spending too much on MTF, that I'm going to go to Texas and move in with Marly. I know that she's always wanted a big sister like me. :angel:

Murkofan
03-22-2005, 08:31 PM
Jane, that was too funny :rolls:

I already have a big sister, Marlene, but I'm always up for another one :D But list your qualifications first :p

Jess
03-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Anyone around? I'm bored!

Yasmine
03-22-2005, 09:32 PM
:wavey: Jess! how are you long time no speak :hug:

star
03-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Jess! Yasmine! :wavey:

Jess
03-22-2005, 09:36 PM
:wavey: I'm good thanks :) Supposed to be working on my baby and uni free morning. However after handing in an assignment yesterday, and with the deadlines for the others being a little way off, I don't really feel very motivated!

How are you?

Yasmine
03-22-2005, 09:56 PM
yeah get some rest;) I'm fine, I'm in France at home for a few days so I make the most of it :p
:wavey: Christina!

Jess
03-22-2005, 10:11 PM
That's good - must be nice to get back home after being away :) Bet a rest is also much welcomed!

thelma
03-22-2005, 10:34 PM
:wavey: all :kiss:

Jess and Yas :kiss:

Lisbeth
03-22-2005, 10:54 PM
Morning all! There are so many active threads today I had to work out which one to say "hello" in :)

Good grief it is raining hard here! Good for the water supply but bad for people trying to get to work without being totally sodden :lol:

Lisbeth
03-23-2005, 08:29 AM
If anyone's bored, you could try this enlightening quiz: "Which Desperate Housewife Are You?" :D

http://quiz.ivillage.co.uk/uk_politics/tests/housewife.htm

I'm Susan :angel:

Goonergal
03-23-2005, 10:14 AM
I ended up as Lynette :p

Rather her than Edie :p

Angele
03-23-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm Lynette too :p

Murkofan
03-23-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm Bree :p

star
03-23-2005, 01:21 PM
You're Susan

Some people are nice deep down, but your niceness sits right on the surface, apparent to all. You're down-to-earth and approachable, with a thoughtful side that makes you the moral centre of your own little Wisteria Lane. Like Susan, you notice what's going on with the people around you and are concerned about their well-being. That said, you're not some doe-eyed pushover: you're savvy to people who aren't telling the truth and you've got a scheme or two up your sleeve when you need to be sneaky.

Probably your biggest fault is that you allow your insecurities to chip away at your self worth. Everybody's had failed relationships, made bad judgements and been locked out of their home completely naked (well, maybe not that last one). It's not how hard you fall that's important; it's how you keep getting back up.

Huh. I dunno. I've never watched this show.

Yasmine
03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Same here Christina, I'm susan as well :angel:

Turkeyballs Paco
03-23-2005, 03:30 PM
Oh shit, I'm Gabrielle. I don't see it. Well, maybe a little...

Murkofan
03-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Hee, Gabrielle :p Eva Longoria was in my town last week, visiting the schools.

:eek: @ Christina never watching Desperate Housewives :o :p

Yasmine
03-23-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't watch it either, it's at like 10 pm in the uk and I systematically fall asleep before it finishes when I start watching it so not much point :D :devil:

Socket
03-23-2005, 04:54 PM
I don't watch it, either. :ras:

Angele
03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
I don't watch it either!

Yasmine
03-23-2005, 09:08 PM
that makes more people who don't watch it than people who do :D :devil:

Murkofan
03-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Then why did y'all take the quiz? :p

Lisbeth
03-23-2005, 10:47 PM
All you Lynettes had better get a housekeeper and book yourself a week at a spa, methinks ;)

:wavey: all - last day before a 4 day weekend today :woohoo:

Goonergal
03-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Pff @ all you non-desperate housewives watchers :p It was on last night :p I love it :bounce:

star
03-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Then why did y'all take the quiz? :p

BECAUSE you told us to take it. :p :p

Yasmine
03-24-2005, 10:09 AM
too right, and speaking of myself, do you know what "being bored" means:p well that was part of it too :devil:

Murkofan
03-24-2005, 07:59 PM

Nuh-uh :p Mistress posted the test; I just took it and said I was Bree :p Go back a page if you don't believe me :p

KaseyL
03-24-2005, 10:19 PM
a quick Hi :wavey: and Bye :o

I've no time left to post anything here right now, it's getting too late otherwise; just this :p : Desp. Housewives is :yeah:

Now I'm off :wavey: take care :kiss:

thelma
03-24-2005, 10:24 PM
a quick Hi :wavey: and Bye :o

I've no time left to post anything here right now, it's getting too late otherwise; just this :p : Desp. Housewives is :yeah:

Now I'm off :wavey: take care :kiss:

:wavey: Ingrid :kiss:

yay... Desperate housewives rocks! :rocker2:

star
03-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Nuh-uh :p Mistress posted the test; I just took it and said I was Bree :p Go back a page if you don't believe me :p

Well, if Mistress even barely suggested we take the test, that should be enough of an explanation about why we took it.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Lisbeth
03-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Ah the sweet scent of power! :haha:

I think deperate housewives is hilarious, and I love the Melrose Place connections ;) But I keep thinking "how can Matt be married with four children, he's gay!" :confused:

Knockers LaBroad
03-25-2005, 12:49 PM
:wavey: all!!

Melrose Place, awwww, makes me melancholic, and BH90210..:o

I'm off for a (hopefully :o) nice holiday, reloading the batteries, watching some tennis, doing nothing....:p

wishing you all an eggs-traordinary Easter with a lot of chocolate eggs!!

Take care!! :wavey::kiss:

Socket
03-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, bad news for Roddick (he retired from his match for not yet known reasons), but good news for Lleyton, because that will make it easier for him to retain a nice cushion at No. 2 during his recovery.

thelma
03-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Well, bad news for Roddick (he retired from his match for not yet known reasons), but good news for Lleyton, because that will make it easier for him to retain a nice cushion at No. 2 during his recovery.

It's good for Lleyton, but I'm in FL now. I've tickets for this weekend, and can't see 2 of my favorite players. Lleyton withdrew and Andy retired :sad:

Go Kimmie, please! :p

Lisbeth
03-25-2005, 11:58 PM
:hug: never mind Thelma, I'm sure you'll still see some great tennis :D

I really hope Roddick's not badly injured. I'm not a fan of his and don't mind watching Lleyton (or even Marat or Roger ;) ) make him flail around the court, but I never want to see a top player knocked out by injury. Bad luck for him right now especially :(

Socket
03-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Naw, he's fine. It's a "light sprain." I'm sure that with a few days rest, he'll be fit and ready to skip all the European red clay events again. :D :D ;)

Lisbeth
03-26-2005, 12:28 AM
1. Good to hear and 2. :lol:

Hey I posted a new locker room confrontation if anyone's bored ;) It's sort of dedicated to you, Marlene ;)

Socket
03-26-2005, 12:56 AM
1. Good to hear and 2. :lol:

Hey I posted a new locker room confrontation if anyone's bored ;) It's sort of dedicated to you, Marlene ;)
Wow, I've had a Locker Room Confrontation dedicated to me. I'm honored. :angel:

alexito
03-26-2005, 01:07 AM
It's good for Lleyton, but I'm in FL now. I've tickets for this weekend, and can't see 2 of my favorite players. Lleyton withdrew and Andy retired :sad:

Go Kimmie, please! :p
yes, me too, the number 2 hewitt is not danger, roddick win last year miami, roddick defend point, no add point. now, miami is very boring, too easy for federer.

thelma
03-26-2005, 01:19 AM
Wow, I've had a Locker Room Confrontation dedicated to me. I'm honored. :angel:

You deserve it, Marlene :worship: ;)

thelma
03-26-2005, 01:22 AM
yes, me too, the number 2 hewitt is not danger, roddick win last year miami, roddick defend point, no add point. now, miami is very boring, too easy for federer.

Yay .. Women tennis is more interesting now. Alicia def. Nicole Pratt, 6-2, 6-3 :bounce:

Go Kimmie and Molik! :yeah:

thelma
03-26-2005, 01:25 AM
:hug: never mind Thelma, I'm sure you'll still see some great tennis :D

I really hope Roddick's not badly injured. I'm not a fan of his and don't mind watching Lleyton (or even Marat or Roger ;) ) make him flail around the court, but I never want to see a top player knocked out by injury. Bad luck for him right now especially :(

Thanks, Jane! :hug:

I'll try to have fun anyway!.

I've tickes for tomorrow... and:

Stadium: 7:00 PM Start
Women's Singles: 2nd Round
1. Kim Clijsters (BEL) vs. Amy Frazier (USA) [24] :worship:

Men's Singles: 2nd Round
2. Andre Agassi (USA) [9] vs. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) -> another good match :yeah:

Angele
03-26-2005, 12:11 PM
I have a prom date... yay :bounce: Now that that's settled, I'm 100 times more excited for prom so this is my warning to everybody here :p

star
03-26-2005, 02:27 PM
:bounce: Prom!!

Murkofan
03-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Naw, he's fine. It's a "light sprain." I'm sure that with a few days rest, he'll be fit and ready to skip all the European red clay events again. :D :D ;)

*snort*

But I bet he'll continue his domination in Houston :D :p

Socket
03-26-2005, 09:32 PM
*snort*

But I bet he'll continue his domination in Houston :D :p
As Mr. Rogers would say, "Boys and girls, can you say 'humongous appearance fee'?" ;)

star
03-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm sure MacInvagle moves heaven and earth to get Andy to his event. But Andy also knows that there isn't much keeping the event alive and Jim and his wife have been very very good to Andy. This was one of Andy's first titles (the first event he won, also on clay, doesn't exist anymore) and I think Andy is sentimental about it too. It would be a pity to see this event go under because it is the only place in North America where you can see tennis on red clay. It's beautiful.

Marly should go to see it. :)

Lisbeth
03-27-2005, 02:44 AM
:wavey: Happy Easter to those who celebrate it and hope those who don't are having a lovely day too :)

One of Roddick's strong points seems to be loyalty to his roots :) I'm not sure I'd trust Marly to watch quietly though ;) :lol:

possie
03-27-2005, 02:44 AM
I have a prom date... yay :bounce: Now that that's settled, I'm 100 times more excited for prom so this is my warning to everybody here :p

:woohoo: That's fantastic :D

Hope all your prom preparations go well.

Ashie_87
03-27-2005, 05:36 AM
:wavey: all
just popping in on a study break. Hope everyone's having a good, relaxing weekend:hug:

Angele
03-27-2005, 12:31 PM
Happy Easter everybody :kiss:

Angele
03-27-2005, 12:31 PM
:woohoo: That's fantastic :D

Hope all your prom preparations go well.

Murkofan
03-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Two more *snorts* for Marlene and Jane :p

I'm sure MacInvagle moves heaven and earth to get Andy to his event. But Andy also knows that there isn't much keeping the event alive and Jim and his wife have been very very good to Andy. This was one of Andy's first titles (the first event he won, also on clay, doesn't exist anymore) and I think Andy is sentimental about it too. It would be a pity to see this event go under because it is the only place in North America where you can see tennis on red clay. It's beautiful.

Marly should go to see it. :)

If you got the money, honey...:p

Happy Easter y'all! :kiss: Or not, as the case may be ;) In that case, happy Sunday :kiss: :p

star
03-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I've got the time
We'll go honky tonkin'
We'll... something something.

I also like:

If you've got the dinero
I got my Camero
Just flash some cash
buy some gas
and off we'll go.

Bring all your pesos
I'll supply all the besos
buy some cervesa
and ride up the mesa
and watch the sun go down

If you got dinero
I'll put on my sombrero
from Yokum to Cuero
and down to Laredo we'll go.

Socket
03-27-2005, 11:29 PM
That's spelled "Yoakam," but LOL! :kiss:

thelma
03-28-2005, 01:13 AM

I'm just back after a lot of tennis live :cool:

I did watch: Kim x 2, K-lina, Marat :sad: , Agassi, Federer, Alicia, Monfils and many othres.

I'm not in my computer. I'll post my report soon! ;)

brb :kiss:

thelma
03-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Happy belated Easter everybody :hug:

sprinterluck
03-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Happy Belated Easter to All!

Angele
03-28-2005, 03:46 PM
I didn't realize my ( hopefully soon to be) profession of choice was so controversial :o I find all of this a tad odd... sort of like if I decided to be a nun or something lol Anyways I found it interested so I decided to post it!

Pharmacists' Rights at Front Of New Debate
By Rob Stein, Washington Post Staff Writer

Some pharmacists across the country are refusing to fill prescriptions for birth control and morning-after pills, saying that dispensing the medications violates their personal moral or religious beliefs.

The trend has opened a new front in the nation's battle over reproductive rights, sparking an intense debate over the competing rights of pharmacists to refuse to participate in something they consider repugnant and a woman's right to get medications her doctor has prescribed. It has also triggered pitched political battles in statehouses across the nation as politicians seek to pass laws either to protect pharmacists from being penalized -- or force them to carry out their duties.

"This is a very big issue that's just beginning to surface," said Steven H. Aden of the Christian Legal Society's Center for Law and Religious Freedom in Annandale, which defends pharmacists. "More and more pharmacists are becoming aware of their right to conscientiously refuse to pass objectionable medications across the counter. We are on the very front edge of a wave that's going to break not too far down the line."

An increasing number of clashes are occurring in drugstores across the country. Pharmacists often risk dismissal or other disciplinary action to stand up for their beliefs, while shaken teenage girls and women desperately call their doctors, frequently late at night, after being turned away by sometimes-lecturing men and women in white coats.

"There are pharmacists who will only give birth control pills to a woman if she's married. There are pharmacists who mistakenly believe contraception is a form of abortion and refuse to prescribe it to anyone," said Adam Sonfield of the Alan Guttmacher Institute in New York, which tracks reproductive issues. "There are even cases of pharmacists holding prescriptions hostage, where they won't even transfer it to another pharmacy when time is of the essence."

That is what happened to Kathleen Pulz and her husband, who panicked when the condom they were using broke. Their fear really spiked when the Walgreens pharmacy down the street from their home in Milwaukee refused to fill an emergency prescription for the morning-after pill.

"I couldn't believe it," said Pulz, 44, who with her husband had long ago decided they could not afford a fifth child. "How can they make that decision for us? I was outraged. At the same time, I was sad that we had to do this. But I was scared. I didn't know what we were going to do."

Supporters of pharmacists' rights see the trend as a welcome expression of personal belief. Women's groups see it as a major threat to reproductive rights and one of the latest manifestations of the religious right's growing political reach -- this time into the neighborhood pharmacy.

"This is another indication of the current political atmosphere and climate," said Rachel Laser of the National Women's Law Center in Washington. "It's outrageous. It's sex discrimination. It prevents access to a basic form of health care for women. We're going back in time."

The issue could intensify further if the Food and Drug Administration (news - web sites) approves the sale of the Plan B morning-after pill without a prescription -- a controversial step that would likely make pharmacists the primary gatekeeper.

The question of health care workers refusing to provide certain services first emerged among doctors, nurses and other health care workers over abortions. The trend began to spread to pharmacists with the approval of the morning-after pill and physician-assisted suicide in Oregon, with support from such organizations as the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and Pharmacists for Life International, which claims 1,600 members on six continents. Its members are primarily in the United States, Canada and Britain.

"Our group was founded with the idea of returning pharmacy to a healing-only profession. What's been going on is the use of medication to stop human life. That violates the ideal of the Hippocratic oath that medical practitioners should do no harm," said Karen L. Brauer, president of Pharmacists for Life, who was fired from a Kmart pharmacy in Delhi, Ohio, for refusing to fill birth control prescriptions.

No one knows exactly how often that is happening, but cases have been reported across the country, including in California, Washington, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Texas, New Hampshire, Ohio and North Carolina. Advocates on both sides say the refusals appear to be spreading, often surfacing only in the rare instances when women file complaints.

Pharmacists are regulated by state laws and can face disciplinary action from licensing boards. But the only case that has gotten that far involves Neil T. Noesen, who in 2002 refused to fill a University of Wisconsin student's birth control pill prescription at a Kmart in Menomonie, Wis., or transfer the prescription elsewhere. An administrative judge last month recommended Noesen be required to take ethics classes, alert future employers to his beliefs and pay what could be as much as $20,000 to cover the costs of the legal proceedings. The state pharmacy board will decide whether to impose that penalty next month.

"He's a devout Roman Catholic and believes participating in any action that inhibits or prohibits human life is a sin," said Aden of the Christian Legal Society. "The rights of pharmacists like him should be respected."

Wisconsin is one of at least 11 states considering "conscience clause" laws that would protect pharmacists such as Noesen. Four states already have laws that specifically allow pharmacists to refuse to fill prescriptions that violate their beliefs. At the same time, at least four states are considering laws that would explicitly require pharmacists to fill all prescriptions.

The American Pharmacists Association recently reaffirmed its policy that pharmacists can refuse to fill prescriptions as long as they make sure customers can get their medications some other way.

"We don't have a profession of robots. We have a profession of humans. We have to acknowledge that individual pharmacists have individual beliefs," said Susan C. Winckler, the association's vice president for policy and communications. "What we suggest is that they identify those situations ahead of time and have an alternative system set up so the patient has access to their therapy."

The alternative system can include making sure another pharmacist is on duty who can take over or making sure there is another pharmacy nearby willing to fill the prescription, Winckler said. "The key is that it should be seamless and avoids a conflict between the pharmacist's right to step away and the patient's right to obtain their medication," she said.

Brauer, of Pharmacists for Life, defends the right of pharmacists not only to decline to fill prescriptions themselves but also to refuse to refer customers elsewhere or transfer prescriptions.

"That's like saying, 'I don't kill people myself but let me tell you about the guy down the street who does.' What's that saying? 'I will not off your husband, but I know a buddy who will?' It's the same thing," said Brauer, who now works at a hospital pharmacy.

Large pharmacy chains, including Walgreens, Wal-Mart and CVS, have instituted similar policies that try to balance pharmacists' and customers' rights.

"We obviously do have pharmacists with individual moral and ethical beliefs. When it does happen, the pharmacist is asked to notify the manager that they have decided not to fill the prescription, and the manager has the obligation to make sure the customer has access to the prescription by another means," said Tiffany Bruce, a spokeswoman for Walgreens. "We have to respect the pharmacist, but we have to also respect the right of the person to receive the prescription."

Women's advocates say such policies are impractical, especially late at night in emergency situations involving the morning-after pill, which must be taken within 72 hours. Even in non-urgent cases, poor women have a hard time getting enough time off work or money to go from one pharmacy to another. Young women, who are often frightened and unsure of themselves, may simply give up when confronted by a judgmental pharmacist.

"What is a woman supposed to do in rural America, in places where there may only be one pharmacy?" asked Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, which is launching a campaign today to counter the trend. "It's a slap in the face to women."

By the time Suzanne Richards, 21, finally got another pharmacy to fill her morning-after pill prescription -- after being rejected by a drive-through Brooks Pharmacy in Laconia, N.H., one late Saturday night in September -- the 72 hours had long passed.

"When he told me he wouldn't fill it, I just pulled over in the parking lot and started crying," said Richards, a single mother of a 3-year-old who runs her own cleaning service. "I just couldn't believe it. I was just trying to be responsible."

In the end, Richards turned out not to be pregnant, and Pulz was able to obtain her prescription last June directly from her doctor, though she does not think she was pregnant, either.

"I was lucky," Pulz said. "I can sympathize with someone who feels strongly and doesn't want to be involved. But they should just step out of the way and not interfere with someone else's decision. It's just not right."

Angele
03-28-2005, 03:56 PM
The scary thing about that article, to me, is that it might open doors for people of other professions to start taking matters into their own hands as well. And it's sort of a weird discussion anyway because I, somewhat, agree with this:

Brauer, of Pharmacists for Life, defends the right of pharmacists not only to decline to fill prescriptions themselves but also to refuse to refer customers elsewhere or transfer prescriptions.

"That's like saying, 'I don't kill people myself but let me tell you about the guy down the street who does.' What's that saying? 'I will not off your husband, but I know a buddy who will?' It's the same thing," said Brauer, who now works at a hospital pharmacy.

If somebody believe strongly enough in this to refuse to fill a prescription, why would they just refer them to somebody else? That's sort of defeating the purpose if you ask me. Having said that, birth control pills aren't illegal and women have, and should continue to have, access to them. It's a personal choice, one that should be made by the woman, not by her pharmacist. And there's also, as the article stated, the issue of people living in rural towns. There are only two pharmacists in my town so what would we do if they decided that they weren't filling prescriptions? I suppose we'd all take turns driving two hours to the nearest city :shrug:

Jess
03-28-2005, 04:40 PM
I think that's really really wrong and sets a very dangerous precident. When you train to be a doctor (and I would have thought any other medical profession) you sign an oath that says you will treat anybody regardless of what they've done, what religion, faith, background they have. You just cannot be allowed to be judgmental.

I would be mortified if I went to a pharmacist needing help and was turned away because they didn't agree with my decision to take a certain type of medication. I think they should face disciplinary action. If you're going to let your religious or moral issues interfere like that then I think they're in the wrong job.

Yasmine
03-28-2005, 04:52 PM
If the medicine in the Pharmacy had to be left to the own choice and belief of the pharmacist, that is just ridiculous. They're here to provide a service, not to influence their patients on their behaviour and their beliefs!!!

Angele
03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Absolutely agree with you guys :yeah:

Angele
03-28-2005, 06:49 PM
"Our group was founded with the idea of returning pharmacy to a healing-only profession. What's been going on is the use of medication to stop human life."

I read the article for the second time and this jumped out at me. A very naive statement imo. Birth control pills, apart from their obvious and primary use, can be used to treat a number of things from irregular cycles to severe PMS to acne so it's not fair to take away that healing aspect from the people who need it.

Jess
03-28-2005, 07:52 PM
I read the article for the second time and this jumped out at me. A very naive statement imo. Birth control pills, apart from their obvious and primary use, can be used to treat a number of things from irregular cycles to severe PMS to acne so it's not fair to take away that healing aspect from the people who need it.

I also bet these are the exact same people who complain about the "burden" single mothers put on the state. :rolleyes And yet by refusing to prescribe the pill they're not giving young women the opportunity to stop themselves getting pregnant

Angele
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
I also bet these are the exact same people who complain about the "burden" single mothers put on the state. :rolleyes And yet by refusing to prescribe the pill they're not giving young women the opportunity to stop themselves getting pregnant
Totally agree with you there. These people may think they're helping but they're just doing a whole lot of damage :( Like it or not, today's teenagers are going to have sex, that's just the way it is. The best thing we as a society can do is not to fight that, but rather to inform them as best we can so that they know all risks associated with having sex, be it pregnancy or the much more serious, imo, STD's. The position these pharmacists are taking is almost like preaching abstinence ; it just doesn't work today.

Angele
03-28-2005, 09:26 PM
I recently read an article, which I can't find atm, that reported of a university study that found that teenagers who pledged abstinence until marriage were as likely to get STD's as those who didn't. I think there was only 1% difference in the numbers which, in this kind of study/survery, basically amounts to nothing. And this study just takes into account the teenagers who have pledged abstinence, not the teenagers that were thought abstinence but didn't sign a pledge. It's pretty scary imo because if teenagers who were thought abstinence and believed strongly enough in it to take pledges are still getting infected as often as other teenagers, then what does that lead one to think about teenagers who were thought only abstinence, but don't believe in it?

Yasmine
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
:wavey: everyone! a shame I didn't stay earlier to read that very interesting discussion ;) I definitely am with you Jess on the fact that usually the kind of people who shout their beliefs are usually inconsistent. They would pledge against the pill and other contraceptive methods but would be the first one complaining about the government giving money to single mums. :rolleyes: And angele you're right the problem is the mentality of people sometime doesn't follow the evolution of the teenagers :p... Great posts girls anyway ;) no more to add :)

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks Yasmine!

I couldn't find the article I was looking for but did find this one that was very similar: http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050319/REPOSITORY/503190352/1013/NEWS03

Yasmine
03-28-2005, 10:07 PM
from that article you just posted the link Angele: President Bush has requested $206 million in federal funding for abstinence-only programs this year.

This is scary :eek: put money into programs like that rather than prevention and information campaigns... always putting money in the right place Mr Bush :bigclap: :rolleyes:

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:11 PM
That is indeed very, very scary. At some point people in power need to look beyond their own beliefs to do what is really best for the people that they serve. When I had sex education I was thought that abstinence is the only method that is 100% safe however I was thought about condoms and the birth control pill as well.

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:16 PM
:wavey: Ange if you're still here

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
yup, I am :wavey:

How are you Ash?

Jess
03-28-2005, 10:26 PM
:wavey: Ash :)

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
:bounce: yay!!! people to talk to! I'm ok I guess. Really stressed out about my exams. They start tomorrow:scared: I'm sick of studying
How are you guys doing?

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:29 PM
:hug: Which exam(s) do you have tomorrow?

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I've got English and Extension history:ras: the 2 hardest ones on the same day

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm sure you'll do great on them and on the bright side, at least you'll be getting rid of the hard ones early on!

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:38 PM
true. And after the exams we got 2 weeks holiday:)
how are you today?

Jess
03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
:bounce: yay!!! people to talk to! I'm ok I guess. Really stressed out about my exams. They start tomorrow:scared: I'm sick of studying
How are you guys doing?

Hi :wavey: I'm good thanks :) The exams will be fine - what year are you in? Hopefully you won't have too many more! Good luck :)
And it is definitely best to get the worst ones out of the way first :)

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:42 PM
true. And after the exams we got 2 weeks holiday:)
how are you today?
2 weeks holiday is really good... I'd write exams tomorrow if I could get that holiday afterwards lol

I'm good, enjoying the last day of my Easter break. Going to watch a hockey game in a few hours... Go team *searches for cheer smilie*

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm in year 12:ras: so over it. thanks for the luck:hug: how is Emily going?:)

oooohhhh Ange I watched an ice hockey game last week between 2 Russian teams and I like it:D:D:D violent but fun

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:48 PM
Ice hockey is great! If you liked it on television then you would love it live. Unless of course you did watch it live... :scratch: Anyways it really is a great sport!

Jess
03-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Emily's fine - she's currently sitting up on the floor looking grumpy because she's thrown her toy across the mat and is thinking about how she's going to get it ;) She is perfectly capable but just being lazy ;)

Year 12 is good - not long left :)

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Emily sounds beyond adorable :angel:

Ashie_87
03-28-2005, 10:52 PM
:yeah: Ice hockey rocks-(I watched it on tv;))

:lol:Jess why does that remind me of me?:p and yeah not too long to go. just under 200 days till HSC:bounce:

anyway I'll have to go-my study break is almost over:ras:
talk soon. Have a nice day/night :kiss:

Jess
03-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Bye Ash :wavey:

Angele
03-28-2005, 10:55 PM
Cya later Ash... good luck :hug:

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 12:04 AM
:wavey: all :) Good thing I wasn't here earlier, I would have ranted so much my head might have exploded :lol:

I will say, though, that I once read that the states in the US in which it is hardest to get an abortion directly correlate to the states which give the least support to poor families, especially young mothers :rolleyes: Great, let's all punish defenceless little babies; that'll teach them for being conceived :ras:

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 12:09 AM
2 comments for Angele:

1. :woohoo: for your prom date!!!! I somehow missed that over the weekend. Not that I had any doubt you'd get one ;) but it's a great little detail to have sorted out :D

2. :lol: at some of that rebel pharmacists stuff. Competely misses the point - imagine if lawyers started a "lawyers who think crime is bad" group and refused to defend anyone ;)

Socket
03-29-2005, 12:31 AM
2 comments for Angele:
2. :lol: at some of that rebel pharmacists stuff. Competely misses the point - imagine if lawyers started a "lawyers who think crime is bad" group and refused to defend anyone ;)
That's not the best analogy. Lawyers who are uncomfortable with defending accused criminals become prosecutors, and that's a legitimate choice.

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I believe that's true in some jurisdictions, though here it is virtually impossible to become a prosecutor without having previous experience, which is almost always in either private defence practice or legal aid.

I should have said "Defence Lawyers against crime". The adversarial system (which is imperfect but not as imperfect as any alternative invented to date in guaranteeing a fair trial) simply would not work if someone didn't defend the accused ;)

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:04 AM
I will say, though, that I once read that the states in the US in which it is hardest to get an abortion directly correlate to the states which give the least support to poor families, especially young mothers :rolleyes: Great, let's all punish defenceless little babies; that'll teach them for being conceived :ras:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that comment is definitely *snerk* worthy :p

That's not the best analogy. Lawyers who are uncomfortable with defending accused criminals become prosecutors, and that's a legitimate choice.

Maybe I'm oversimplifiying, but if you have a (potential) moral problem with an aspect of your career, common sense says to choose another career :p Lord knows us Conservative Christians rant and rave enough about crazy!Liberals pushing their beliefs--or lack thereof--on us (see the Ten-Commandments-at-the-Courthouse thing as one example). Where exactly do we get off passing moral judgment on people?

Oh wait, never mind. That's our whole schtick :p

Of course, I could be way off here, since I didn't actually read the article :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:16 AM
from that article you just posted the link Angele: President Bush has requested $206 million in federal funding for abstinence-only programs this year.

This is scary :eek: put money into programs like that rather than prevention and information campaigns... always putting money in the right place Mr Bush :bigclap: :rolleyes:

Aren't you glad you don't live here? :p

I think y'all all know my feelings on what's taught in Sex Ed in schools in the US, or at least in Texas, so I won't elaborate :p I know Jane has been on the receiving end of a rant or two of mine before :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:19 AM
I posted the link to this article in my blog when it came out: http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/03/18/virginitystudy.stds.ap/index.html

Had an interesting discussion with my best friend afterwards :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Title change :p A bit late, but what the hell :p

Socket
03-29-2005, 01:36 AM
Title change :p A bit late, but what the hell :p
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Everybody deserves to have their name in the title at least once ;) I'll work everyone in sooner or later :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Williams Sisters Offer Preteens Advice

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Embracing their status as role models, Serena and Venus Williams (news - web sites) have written a book with advice for preteens on subjects such as money and dating.

Regarding the latter, their recommendation: Don't rush a crush.

"We both really have a lot to say about that," Venus Williams said Wednesday with a laugh.

Titled "Venus and Serena: Serving From the Hip: 10 Rules for Living, Loving, and Winning," the book is targeted for 9- to 12-year-olds.

"It's a great book for teenage girls who deal with different issues," Serena Williams (news - web sites) said. "Growing up, I would have loved to have had such a positive role model to look up to and try to be like and try to emulate. We love having that opportunity to say, `Look, you can be like us, you can be successful and at the same time have high morals and high self-esteem and be a very nice person at the end of the day.'"

The sisters, who are in Key Biscayne for the Nasdaq-100 Open, wrote the book with Hilary Beard.

"It's like we're having a conversation back and forth," Serena said. "We wrote it with someone, but we wrote it."

Oh Deux :haha:

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Good title, Marly :)

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 01:51 AM
Why thank ya kindly, ma'am :hatoff:

So :wazzup: :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Zabeleta took the second set off PN :eek:

And PN is looking quite attractive tonight :o

No, I don't know what's wrong with me.

:p

Socket
03-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Cold shower time, dearie. Very cold.

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 02:06 AM
:lol: so Serena would have loved to look up to herself :confused: OoooooooKkkkkkk.

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:08 AM
I think I just need to stop skipping my Mad Pillz :p

Serena is an icon, you know :p

Angele
03-29-2005, 02:17 AM
2 comments for Angele:

1. :woohoo: for your prom date!!!! I somehow missed that over the weekend. Not that I had any doubt you'd get one ;) but it's a great little detail to have sorted out :D

Thanks :hug: Everybody seemed to have the same reaction except my father :rolleyes: One my mother's friends was saying pretty much exactly what you were saying and my dad says oh but you never know :( Thanks for the vote of self confidence dad :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Seriously, PN looks good tonight...I think I need to get out more :p

Angele
03-29-2005, 02:25 AM
Speaking of prom, I'm going to get my dress fitted on Wednesday and I'm going to get somebody to sneak a picture of it so if all goes well, I should have a pic for whoever is interested by Wednesday night! And I found my oh so ladylike shoes online :lol: All I've got to say is that a) I'll be comfortable and b) nobody is going to see my shoes anyway :p

http://www.ae.com/AE_ProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&CatalogFlag2=Shoes&Merchant_Id=1&Gender=Womens&Section_Id=804&Product_Id=10077623&CatalogFlag=FloorSet&Section_Title=EverydayFlipFlops&ColorString=0417_4324_648 but not in pink, in white. Also in my defense, I could of picked just plain white sandals but these have a little something extra :angel:

star
03-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Serena is an icon, you know :p

Make that Global Icon. :p

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:32 AM
Ah yes. How silly of me to have forgotten :p

Angele
03-29-2005, 02:32 AM
For the record, if I had a preteen girl I would never, ever let her read a book about dating and loving written by Serena Williams.

"Look, you can be like us, you can be successful and at the same time have high morals and high self-esteem and be a very nice person at the end of the day.'"

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read that were those pictures of Serena wearing outfits that are see through with no bra on :lol: Yup, that's exactly the kind of high morals I would love my 10 year old daughter to have :tape:

Socket
03-29-2005, 02:34 AM
And let's not forget her language on court! :tape:

But if Venus has written a book by herself, I think that would be a different case, because she's a much more considerate and thoughtful person than her sister.

Angele
03-29-2005, 02:38 AM
And let's not forget her language on court! :tape:

But if Venus has written a book by herself, I think that would be a different case, because she's a much more considerate and thoughtful person than her sister.
I agree with you 100%. I quite like Venus actually, she seems like a sweet girl. Another thing about Serena that I don't like is how she never gives credit to anybody, she always beats herself, always plays like crap, etc... I wouldn't want my kids to have that kind of attitude.

star
03-29-2005, 02:41 AM
btw, how does Marlene inspire confrontations?

:lol: I take that back. I get it now locker room confrontations.

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:41 AM
I dunno, I think you can have high morals and still cuss like a sailor :p I do :p Just depends on what morals you're talking about, I suppose :p

Socket
03-29-2005, 02:45 AM
btw, how does Marlene inspire confrontations?

:lol: I take that back. I get it now locker room confrontations.
Well, I've also been known to stir things up in GM. But I haven't done that recently. :angel:

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Ditto :p

Lisbeth
03-29-2005, 03:24 AM
I also agree that Venus would be a good role model ... but Serena DID in fact have Venus to look up to so I can only assume that in the quote above she meant herself ;)

Well, there's certainly nothing wrong with her self esteem!

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 03:48 AM
Understatement of the decade, Mistress :p

Beebs, find some more Deux quotes for us, eh? :p

Jackie
03-29-2005, 12:38 PM
:wavey: everyone. Hope you are all well. I have been away for a week and just got home. What have I missed?

thelma
03-29-2005, 12:58 PM
:lol: Marlene

I love the new name of the Thread! :yeah:

Yasmine
03-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Jackie! :wavey: long time no speak! how are you? hi everyone else :hug:

Billabong
03-29-2005, 01:39 PM
For the record, if I had a preteen girl I would never, ever let her read a book about dating and loving written by Serena Williams.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I read that were those pictures of Serena wearing outfits that are see through with no bra on :lol: Yup, that's exactly the kind of high morals I would love my 10 year old daughter to have :tape:

I totally agree with you Ange!!! I wouldn't want my daughter to show herself in front of a whole crowd wearing this:

Yasmine
03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
:eek: oh dear oh dear! yeah definitely not an example for teens :tape:

sprinterluck
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Serena. :eek: I hope their book doesn't encourage exhibitionist outfits like that one.

Now I know why Taylor Dent's as big as he is. :p

Posted on Tue, Mar. 29, 2005

Happier the weight is over (excerpt from Miami Herald)

Taylor Dent continued his stellar play since dropping 16 pounds as he upset fifth-ranked Guillermo Coria in straight sets.

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN
The big guy is smaller, but his conquests are growing.

American Taylor Dent, down 16 pounds since the U.S. Open in September, can put another notch on his top 10 hit list. Monday, 33rd-ranked Dent defeated fifth-ranked Guillermo Coria of Argentina 6-3, 6-4 at the NASDAQ-100 Open.`I mean, for me, it's always an effort to lose weight, get quicker. I don't really spend much time in the gym, although I'm going to start just to prevent injuries.

``. . . I like to eat a lot of food -- not necessarily bad food. I just like to chow down and eat until I'm busting at the seams.'' :tape:

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Come on y'all, that outfit is pure class :p I wore one just like it to school yesterday :p

Taylor :hearts: He'd fit in wonderfully in my family :p

Billabong
03-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Marly:hearts: How are you dear:aplot::p?

Murkofan
03-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Sebby :hearts: I'm good, but I'd be better if you were here to fool around with more often ;) :aplot: :drool: :p

star
03-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Marly:hearts: How are you dear:aplot::p?

You must have heard the news about Marly's boobs. :lol:

Jess
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Williams Sisters Offer Preteens Advice

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. - Embracing their status as role models, Serena and Venus Williams (news - web sites) have written a book with advice for preteens on subjects such as money and dating.

"We both really have a lot to say about that," Venus Williams said Wednesday with a laugh.

Titled "Venus and Serena: Serving From the Hip: 10 Rules for Living, Loving, and Winning," the book is targeted for 9- to 12-year-olds.

"It's a great book for teenage girls who deal with different issues," Serena Williams (news - web sites) said. "Growing up, I would have loved to have had such a positive role model to look up to and try to be like and try to emulate. We love having that opportunity to say, `Look, you can be like us, you can be successful and at the same time have high morals and high self-esteem and be a very nice person at the end of the day.'"

The sisters, who are in Key Biscayne for the Nasdaq-100 Open, wrote the book with Hilary Beard.

"It's like we're having a conversation back and forth," Serena said. "We wrote it with someone, but we wrote it."

Oh that's about the most stupid thing I've ever read in my life! Her a positive role model!!!! :haha: :haha: What planet is she on!

Jess
03-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Actually I was wrong last night: This is the most stupid thing they've ever come up with.

"Tennis aces Venus and Serena Williams have landed a fly-on-the-wall TV show. Filming has already begun on the six parter with Venus, 24, and her 23 year old sister Serena. Venus said, "It will provide an up-close look at our lives away from tennis."

Oh dear.

Yasmine
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Agreed jess :worship: how are you? :hug:

Jess
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Agreed jess :worship: how are you? :hug:

Hey, sorry I missed you - I'm good thanks :) - Hope you're okay :hug:

roberta
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=TheSouthernJedi]Williams Sisters Offer Preteens Advice

"It's like we're having a conversation back and forth," Serena said. "We wrote it with someone, but we wrote it.
:haha: omg!! the world is so sick!!...venus and serena,please,please...just play tennis!! :p this is too funny!! :lol:

Turkeyballs Paco
03-30-2005, 07:43 PM
They would have loved to have role models like themselves... how nice :rolleyes: . I can't wait for the media's love-affair with the Williams' to be over. It's so not working.

Serena just.... bothers me. Venus isn't so bad.

Murkofan
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
For those of us in America, I have two bits of wonderful news:

1) ESPN is showing an "encore presentation" of last nights Une/Deux match right now

and

2) Une and Deux are on Oprah this afternoon.

Between that, the book and the TV show, we're being inundated with the Preds :hearts: How lucky can one nation get? :hearts:

Turkeyballs Paco
03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
:mad:
I'm gonna hide under a rock until this media blitz on the williams sisters is over.

roberta
03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
:mad:
I'm gonna hide under a rock until this media blitz on the williams sisters is over.
me too...i hate this girls!! :(

Yasmine
03-30-2005, 08:35 PM
it's amazing what the media do to make us hate or adore players :rolleyes: I didn't like the Williams sisters until I stopped hearing about them, and until I saw Venus in Antwerp last february, so much more fun than what the commentators make of her. And it's not like I saw her in the US, I saw her play Kim at home in Belgium... she loved the atmosphere, was a great entertainer and was very nice towards her opponent. My point is, watching tennis live or in front of the tv without commentators just the croud, is much better :p

thelma
03-30-2005, 08:57 PM
My point is, watching tennis live or in front of the tv without commentators just the crowd, is much better :p

Agreed!. :p

Angele
03-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Found a picture of my prom dress online, although not in the right color :mad: Ok so my dress is the dress that is shown in blue, except that mine is white. The sequins on my dress are silver so they aren't as noticable. My dress pretty much looks like the second dress, except for the difference in bodice details!

http://www.bridalane.com/brimages/tutto/7732.jpg

http://www.bridalane.com/brimages/tutto/90902.jpg

Turkeyballs Paco
03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Whoa. That's beautiful, Angele.

Lisbeth
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
oooooh, you'll look like a fairy princess! :angel:

Yasmine
03-30-2005, 11:29 PM
That is gorgeous I agree! You see I regret that in France we don't have any of these ceremonies when we finish at school or university :sad:. But I will when I finish here in the UK :p

Lisbeth
03-30-2005, 11:32 PM
:wavey: all.

I don't hate either Williams by any means, but Serena completely perplexes me. One minute she's talking about how marvellous her family is and the next she brings out the violins and claims she never had a role model ... um, what about Oracene (a very classy lady) and four seemingly well adjusted older sisters kid? It's a bit like that line "I've had to struggle all my life" [since I grew up in a middle class family and didn't get a multi million dollar deal till I was 8 ...]. I think sometimes the line between Serena the person and Serena the actress gets lost and she just says the first thing which comes into her head. Hmm, wonder which parent she gets that from ;)

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 12:38 AM
And the references just keep on comin' :p

I'm watching the WSOP right now, and Annie Duke just knocked out her big brother Howard Lederer. She was visibly upset, and one of the commentators said something to the effect of, "This is how the Williams sisters feel."

kim4eva
03-31-2005, 03:02 AM
:wavey:

Goonergal
03-31-2005, 09:44 AM
This quote is for you Beebs :p

"Well, as far as my game, I think, you know, I had some of my best results when I was actually my heaviest and arguably my slowest weight. For my game, for me to be successful, the bottom line is I have to be serving well, hitting the spots on my serves, and volleying very firm. That's just the bottom line. If I'm holding serve, I'm going to eke out a break here and there. But having said that, you can't argue that me getting faster doesn't make the game easier; I mean, it's going to make the game easier."
-- Taylor Dent on playing better when he's fatter. Time to hit Dairy Queen and win Wimbledon.

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 06:02 PM
aww Dent that chunky monkey :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Taylor, there's a Dairy Queen in my town :aplot: :p

The Swiss Miss is in the commentary booth with CD and MJF :hearts:

Jess
03-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 06:44 PM
:wavey: Jess! How's it going?

Jess
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
:wavey: Hey Marly :) Yeah I'm okay - Easter holidays at the moment :)

How are you?

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 06:55 PM
I have the flu :ras: And an Algebra test tomorrow, yay :p

Other than that, I'm fine, thanks. I'm watching Une/Sharapova and I've got half my comic book collection spread out on my bedroom floor, reorganizing 'em.

How's Em?

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Sharapova beat Une. It was actually a pretty good match, especially the last two games. They both got very schreechy :p

star
03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
was it on tv?

They are both very very loud.

What I like about it is that Une beat Deux and couldn't beat her next opponent. :)

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 07:40 PM
Yeah, they showed it all live on ESPN. PN/Henman is next on ESPN2, and DH/Dent is tonight. They didn't mention anything about Kim, and I don't even know if her match is this afternoon or tonight, so I guess they're not showing her.

Jess
03-31-2005, 07:45 PM
I have the flu :ras: And an Algebra test tomorrow, yay :p

Other than that, I'm fine, thanks. I'm watching Une/Sharapova and I've got half my comic book collection spread out on my bedroom floor, reorganizing 'em.

How's Em?

Ah :ras: That's not good. Ah Algebra - I don't *mind* that but tests are never great :rolleyes:

I have no tennis coverage so am struggling to follow Miami. Though either Williams getting knocked out is normally good.

Emily is great though loud this morning (hence disappearing for an hour) She's currently in her bouncy chair engrossed in a slidy toy thing that goes across the front of it. Some people are easily pleased :)

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Give her Cheerios, babies love those things :p

ESPN had time to kill after Sharapova/Une, so guess what they're showing?

Sharapova/Une. Again.

This channel drives me nuts :p

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 07:50 PM
was it on tv?

They are both very very loud.

What I like about it is that Une beat Deux and couldn't beat her next opponent. :)

It's orgasm city between those two :p

Jess
03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
Give her Cheerios, babies love those things :p

ESPN had time to kill after Sharapova/Une, so guess what they're showing?

Sharapova/Une. Again.

This channel drives me nuts :p

I don't think we get Cheerios here. :shrug:

And yes, there are many times I'm grateful I don't get ESPN - they're amazing scheduling skills being one of them.

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Thanks for that, Ile :p

Cheerios:
http://www.highwaygold.org/hqimages/hqphotos/20030802/DSCN2841.jpg

Do a Google image search to see hundreds of pics of babies playing with Cheerios :p

Yasmine
03-31-2005, 08:00 PM
:haha: Marly! how are you :wavey: how are your boobs going? :p

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for that, Ile :p

Hey I just call 'em how I see 'em :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:03 PM
:wavey: Yas! My boobs are fine, thank you :p Still too big for my liking, but I'm hoping that if I starve myself my body will start feeding off its stores of fat and they'll shrink :p

You have a lot of experience with loud orgasms then, Ile? :p

Jess
03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
I know what a Cheerio is :p ;) I just don't think we get them here, although I do shop at quite a small supermarket so that's probably why.

Emily doesn't generally need any encouragement to play with her food though ;)

Jess
03-31-2005, 08:06 PM
how are your boobs going? :p

What's wrong with them then? :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I know what a Cheerio is :p ;) I just don't think we get them here, although I do shop at quite a small supermarket so that's probably why.

My bad :p But isn't that a lovely photo? :p

Emily doesn't generally need any encouragement to play with her food though ;)

Good point :p I remember dunking my face into a bowl of Spaghettios once...ah, memories :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:11 PM

They're too big :p

Yasmine
03-31-2005, 08:12 PM
No idea! but there was a talk about it, and I didn't follow it too well, that's why I'm asking :devil: .

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 08:15 PM
:wavey: Yas! My boobs are fine, thank you :p Still too big for my liking, but I'm hoping that if I starve myself my body will start feeding off its stores of fat and they'll shrink :p

You have a lot of experience with loud orgasms then, Ile? :p

Depends, perhaps the weight will come off another body part and your boobs will remain :p

No comment :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Don't try to burst my bubble Ileana :p

But do tell us about your experience with screaming orgasms :aplot: :p

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Don't try to burst my bubble Ileana :p

But do tell us about your experience with screaming orgasms :aplot: :p

You're the one trying to burst your bubbles :p

hmm..pass :p

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:23 PM
Feeling funny today, aren'tcha? :p Just be glad I'm fluish and not up to my usual standard :p

Pff, don't be shy, spill your guts :aplot: :p

Yasmine
03-31-2005, 08:25 PM

Hihi I wonder how, but I know the feeling :devil: And I comfirm if you starve your body, your boobs do shrink :D...

sprinterluck
It's orgasm city between those two :p

Especially the look on Sharapova's face after she beat Une :eek:

Chesty Larue
I'm always funny :p

and now I'm off to shower :wavey:

Chesty Larue
03-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Especially the look on Sharapova's face after she beat Une :eek:

Maria's too funny :lol:

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 08:29 PM
I'm always funny :p

and now I'm off to shower :wavey:

Sure, run away, but don't expect me to stop giving you a hard time about this :p

Hee, PN is a little pissy.

:wavey: I'm gonna go take a shower too.

Goonergal
03-31-2005, 10:44 PM
Anyone? :wavey:

Turkeyballs Paco
03-31-2005, 10:49 PM

Turkeyballs Paco
03-31-2005, 10:52 PM
I should be working but I feel like playing. I can't get motivated. I haven't done one productive thing since we had birthday cake this afternoon. I went from sugar high to sugar low real fast.

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Almost done organizing my comics! How I love boxing and labelling things :hearts:

Goonergal
03-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Beebs & Alexa :wavey:

Turkeyballs Paco
03-31-2005, 11:08 PM
You're a real organizer, then. I used to love it, now I have stacks of crap everywhere.

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM
I should be more specific--I love organizing and boxing my precious comic books :p

Lisbeth
03-31-2005, 11:10 PM

Friday :yippee:

at work :ras:

Murkofan
03-31-2005, 11:18 PM
:wavey: Mistress!

Turkeyballs Paco
03-31-2005, 11:33 PM
Oh, new avatar! Happy comic book organizing.
And happy Friday afternoon in sydney! Have a great weekend.
My boss is gone now, so I'm outta here! :wavey:

Lisbeth
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Hi Marly :)

Goonergal
03-31-2005, 11:50 PM
I used to love it, now I have stacks of crap everywhere.
You should see my room aka crap city :p

Lisbeth
04-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Hi Cilla :) Long time no "see".

Your Serena quotes are touching ;)

Murkofan
04-01-2005, 01:24 AM
Taylor *sighs*

sprinterluck
04-01-2005, 01:33 AM
WTF? Just went out for a walk for a few minutes and I come back to find out Taylor got smoked at love. :o

Murkofan
04-01-2005, 01:38 AM
He got hurt again :rolleyes: :p

Lisbeth
04-01-2005, 02:01 AM
How many tournaments in a row is that? Gosh, you know, it, like, occurs to me that maybe Dent - or indeed, maybe the US Davis Cup squad, should hire a conditioning coach and a biomechanical expert.

Murkofan
04-01-2005, 02:10 AM
I think it's kind of just Taylor's thing, you know? Play well, make some progress, come up against someone good, and get hurt :p

Ashie_87
04-01-2005, 02:55 AM
You're gonna love this;)
In my legal studies exam today there was a make-believe scenario about some robbery we had to answer questions on (teachers made it up) and in this one 2 guys help up Tiffany's in melbourne to "steal Bec Cartwright's engagement ring":eek: :haha: I couldn't help laughing. I got the weirdest looks from the surpervisors:p

Yasmine
04-01-2005, 06:18 AM
:haha: that's funny Jess!

Lisbeth
04-01-2005, 06:31 AM
:lol: that's funny Ash :) Is your teacher a closet Lleyton fan?

Ashie_87
04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Jane I'm not sure...:scratch: although it wouldn't surprise me. She commented a lot on my legal book (it's covered in tennis pictures:o)

Turkeyballs Paco
04-01-2005, 02:55 PM
:lol: that's funny Ash :) Is your teacher a closet Lleyton fan?

Yeah, sounds like it. Maybe a little obsessed. How funny! Cool teacher.

Goonergal
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi Cilla :) Long time no "see".

Your Serena quotes are touching ;)

Yeah, I know. I haven't been around much lately.

Yes, they really are. I'm finding them really inspirational :p

Chesty Larue
04-01-2005, 10:34 PM
I watched the Dent/Agassi match..Good lord Dent doesn't really run around the court..he lumbers around the court :p

Non-athletic..Thy name is Dent :o

They showed Jennifer Hopkins in the stands who he is apparently still dating..Does she even play tennis anymore? :scratch: Or does she just follow Denty boy around? :p

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 12:26 AM
I would follow Taylor around :hearts:

But yeah, she still plays, I'm almost positive. Saw in some doubles matches last year.

Socket
04-02-2005, 12:34 AM
I watched the Dent/Agassi match..Good lord Dent doesn't really run around the court..he lumbers around the court :p

Non-athletic..Thy name is Dent :o

They showed Jennifer Hopkins in the stands who he is apparently still dating..Does she even play tennis anymore? :scratch: Or does she just follow Denty boy around? :p
Seems to work for Safin, doncha think. :confused:

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 01:21 AM
Seems to work for Safin, doncha think. :confused:

Safin moves better than Dent imo. Plus is a FAR more talented player who has an all court game.

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Stop dissing Taylor, dammit :p He has an all-court game too :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Stop dissing Taylor, dammit :p He has an all-court game too :p

:haha: :haha:

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:05 AM
Now you're just trying to get on my nerves :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:07 AM
Sorry Marly..Three cheers for Dent :p

I'm happily listening to sappy girly music at the moment..:dance:

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:08 AM
You must have heard the news about Marly's boobs. :lol:

OMG:eek: I know she likes flashing boobs, but is there more:aplot:???

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:08 AM
I'm listening to rap and watching poker :p Oh, and writing a review of the latest issue of X-Men :p

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:09 AM
OMG:eek: I know she likes flashing boobs, but is there more:aplot:???

Yes...more boobs :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Rap pfff :p This playlist I've currently got seems to be mostly girly songs..but I see Puddle of Mudd in the middle lol

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:11 AM
Yes...more boobs :p

how is that possible:p? I still haven't seen the best:p?

BTW I saw the "encore" presentation of Une and Deux match :tape: it is sooooo much ESPN-like:haha:!

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:12 AM
PN better win the final:p! He has to keep his finals record alive:D! And Kim has to win too:D! They would make a winning IW and Miami couple:p!

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:13 AM
What kind of girly songs? :p Download "The Good Kind" by The Wreckers :p

I think I had another boob growth spurt, Seb :p

ESPN :rolleyes: They pulled that crap again tonight by turning around and repeating the end of the PN/DH match :fiery:

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:15 AM
What kind of girly songs? :p Download "The Good Kind" by The Wreckers :p

I think I had another boob growth spurt, Seb :p

ESPN :rolleyes: They pulled that crap again tonight by turning around and repeating the end of the PN/DH match :fiery:

lol;)! Would you like to see Une-Sharapova again:p? I think they haven't shown it enough times;)!

another boobs growth:eek:??? You must be wearing DD+ now:eek:!!!

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Well lets see..I got 3 Sarah Mclachlan songs on my list...I got Coldplay -Shiver and The Corrs - Closer.

I got Enigma - TnT for the Brain..it's a song about love sort of anyway lol

What type of song is The Good Kind?

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:17 AM
lol;)! Would you like to see Une-Sharapova again:p? I think they haven't shown it enough times;)!

That would be a pain in the back :p

Yeah no kidding..Sharapova/Une..3 times!? :rolleyes: Yet not once have they shown Kim/Momo to my knowledge :(

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:18 AM

No thank you :p and no, I am not a DD+ :p You wish :p

Jeez, Ile, send me into sugar shock why don'tcha :p

The Good Kind is a good song :p Just download it and see if you like it :p And since you're in such a mushy mood get "Collide" by Howie Day.

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:19 AM
No thank you :p and no, I am not a DD+ :p You wish :p

Jeez, Ile, send me into sugar shock why don'tcha :p

The Good Kind is a good song :p Just download it and see if you like it :p And since you're in such a mushy mood get "Collide" by Howie Day.

Deux must be wearing DD++ :lol: Ezel may be wearing A-, don't you think:p?

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:21 AM
Ezel may be wearing A-, don't you think:p?

*snort* :rolls:

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:23 AM
*snort* :rolls:

I saw her play, but God I was scared when Maria lost her 3 mps in the 2nd set:eek:!

Kimmie rocks though, I hope she wins tomorrow:D!!!!!!! I think she has a good chance at the FO, no:)?

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:25 AM
If her wrist holds up, I think Kim has an excellent chance at everything she plays this year :D Getting injured and throwing over Ll seems to have done wonders for her mentality :p

Ile, also get "Be the Girl" by Aslyn. It's not a slow ballad, but it is stuck.in.my.head bigtime :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:25 AM

omg there's a Trip and T'Pol music video set to Collide! :lol: I have it on my computer :p

Billabong
04-02-2005, 02:26 AM
If her wrist holds up, I think Kim has an excellent chance at everything she plays this year :D Getting injured and throwing over Ll seems to have done wonders for her mentality :p

Ile, also get "Be the Girl" by Aslyn. It's not a slow ballad, but it is stuck.in.my.head bigtime :p

yep, definitely:D!!!

I have to leave:sad: But I'll come back quickly to know more about your mysterious growth:aplot:!!!

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:27 AM
omg there's a Trip and T'Pol music video set to Collide! :lol: I have it on my computer :p

Oh, dude, that's sad :p It's a good song though :p

:wavey: Sebby :kiss: You dork :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:27 AM
haha mysterious growth :p

Perhaps someone has been slipping you hormones Marly :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Oh, dude, that's sad :p It's a good song though :p

:wavey: Sebby :kiss: You dork :p

Sad that there is a music video or that I have it on my computer? lol :p

Later Seb :wavey:

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm on the pill, so I guess I'm slipping myself hormones :p

Kind of both :p But more that you have it saved to your computer...and that you didn't share it with moi :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm on the pill, so I guess I'm slipping myself hormones :p

Kind of both :p But more that you have it saved to your computer...and that you didn't share it with moi :p

Well for point #1 the fact that there is a video..I've seen someone say they have 40 Trip/T'Pol video on their computer :eek: So there are a ton out there..I've seen many ;) :p

and point #2..Dude it's T/T! Of course I have it on my computer :p

I think I'm gonna watch it now :D

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Why don't you link to it in CRACK WHORES so I can see? :p

Have you heard "Existentialism on Prom Night" by Straylight Run? That's a good song.

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Why don't you link to it in CRACK WHORES so I can see? :p

Have you heard "Existentialism on Prom Night" by Straylight Run? That's a good song.

That's an awfully long title :p and no I've never heard of it.

Consider yourself linked in the CRACK WHORE thread ;)

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Darling :kiss:

Yes, it is quite a mouthful :p And as far as I can figure, it has nothing to do with the song :p Its nice though :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
I just realized I don't have any peer to peer software on my computer like Kazaa :o :p

I'll have to go on my sister's computer later to get any songs

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 02:55 AM
Pff :p Make sure you're writing down what I tell you then :p

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 02:59 AM
So demanding :p

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 03:02 AM
You're suprised by this why? :p

I just read that this Aslyn chick is dating P.Diddy :eek: :o Run, Aslyn, run!

Chesty Larue
04-02-2005, 03:05 AM
I just read that this Aslyn chick is dating P.Diddy :eek: :o Run, Aslyn, run!

Ewww :p

Murkofan
04-02-2005, 03:07 AM
I know, who wants J.Lo's sloppy seconds? :o :tape: Besides, the last I heard he was back with the mother of his child(ren). And I think he's probably quite a bit older than her...

But oh well. Good free publicity I guess :p