The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 11 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The "So You're Saying It's A Party In Your Pants." Thread 11

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I say that the ugly boys never need lack for companionship as long as Beebs is around. :lol:

Ugly boys, hot boys--the important thing is what's on the inside.

I blame it all on steorids -- the womenwith the fewest matches winning that is.

Don't you ever depress yourself with all the suspicion and paranoia? :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Damn, Ezel gets a game.

Keep it a breadstick, Diva!Mary :bounce:

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Mary is kicking butt! :eek: She'd better keep up this high level. What a shame the bagel has been avoided :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Mary is a woman on a mission :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Ugly boys, hot boys--the important thing is what's on the inside.
Yes, what other defence could you use for Denthead :p

Don't you ever depress yourself with all the suspicion and paranoia? :p
Hey, you used the steroids card with Sanguinetti last night :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Beebs, you're so biased :p

I was joking about Sanguinetti and steroids :p Christina, I think, is serious :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
5-2 :fiery: I will throw something at the TV if Ezel comes back from 5-1.

*vomits*

star
09-06-2005, 12:13 AM
So ----- not happy about my staying around afterall. :lol: :lol:

Too bad. :p

star
09-06-2005, 12:14 AM
She was bound to find her game sooner or later.

At least we can hope that Mary makes her run for three sets. (I am serious about that.)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Think positively, Beebs! :bounce:

Go Mary :bounce:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Ah, Beebs--tomorrow night is Sharapova/Petrova, followed by Kim/Venus.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Beebs, you're so biased :p

I was joking about Sanguinetti and steroids :p Christina, I think, is serious :p
And, you're deluded :p

If you come out with "Sanguinetti is hot" I think we will need to review our freindship :p

star
09-06-2005, 12:18 AM
I think Sanguinetti is very attractive -- But it's probably because he's older. He's got a great smile and dimples.

Murkofan
Oh bleech, there was an "Allez!" :rolleyes:

star
MARY!!! What was that swinging forehand volley crapola??

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:19 AM
And, you're deluded :p

If you come out with "Sanguinetti is hot" I think we will need to review our freindship :p

If you keep insulting me, we will need to review our friendship :p

I don't really have an opinion on Sanguinetti :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:19 AM
At least we can hope that Mary makes her run for three sets. (I am serious about that.)
Yes, that's the best to hope for now I think :o I will try to think positive, but Ezel has habit of wearing you down :p

Thanks for the OOP.

star
09-06-2005, 12:20 AM
:bigclap: Great shot!! Set points

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Have Kim and Mary ever played? Mary would drive Kim bananas :p

Ezel always looks so whiny and scared on court. I want to smack her.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 12:21 AM
I've got more respect for celebrities who appear to have a social conscience than I do for -- oh let's say Charleston Heston and his like.

Well that's a fair point ;)

Or the ones whose idea of helping is inviting everyone to a scientology induction!

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Mary :rolleyes: How could you miss that? :rolleyes:

Murkofan
:wavey: FauxDeux! :D

Oh Ezel. How I detest you.

star
Mary had the whole court open and she went back to Justine just because she got the yips on the volley.

Mary's hands are LEAD at the net. She knows she should come in, but she is awful up there. Remember when she played dubs with Martina?

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:23 AM
FauxDeux! :wavey:

MARY :fiery: C'MON :fiery:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Which Martina? :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
MARY :woohoo:

I was so scared she would miss that overhead :o

star
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
THE Martina --

Hingis of course. The other one, I always call Navratilova.

:wavey: FauxDeux!

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Have Kim and Mary ever played? Mary would drive Kim bananas :p

Ezel always looks so whiny and scared on court. I want to smack her.
I'm sure they have. I would be pissed of playing Mary too. She is quite annoying with her diva-ness :p Ezel can shove her allez up her ass :p

At last :D :bounce:

If you keep insulting me, we will need to review our friendship :p

I learned from the best :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:28 AM
If you're complimenting me by saying I'm good at insulting people, we'll be friends again :p

I didn't realize the Swiss Miss played doubles with Mary. I only remember her with AnnaK :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 12:29 AM
From what I heard today on the news, the concern is that they don't want to have to have the search-and-rescue crews stop what they're doing to rescue "helpful" news crews or volunteers with boats who don't really know how to handle them.

Yes this would be my guess.

Anyway, turns out it wasn't such a great big deal anyway. Some couple had called their daughter to say they were stuck under a bridge with a gang camped near by etc etc but then went out of range (I assume when the network went down). The daughter told a television channel this in an interview and then when that channel's crew drove past that bridge they found the couple and drove out with them the next day. The nice bit was the crew in NO emailed that they had these people while the daughter was being interviewed by the channel again! Apparently the "in trouble" was a beat up - more just "well it's good that worked out but don't go playing the hero too often" ;)

BTW, the hysterical mother's (who wanted the RAAF to just fly in there and get all the Aussies out with no regard to all the other people) daughter turned up - she was waiting quite calmly at one of the centres and was passing the time by volunteering to help care for small children. Good thing hysteria doesn't run in the family.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:30 AM
I think one of Mary's boobs is bigger than Ezel's 2 combined :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Good thing hysteria doesn't run in the family.

You can say that again :p

Wtf :haha:

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:31 AM
If you're complimenting me by saying I'm good at insulting people, we'll be friends again :p

Please Beebs. Insulting people is your niche :p Don't be coy :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Wtf :haha:
Random. I know. :p

star
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Yes this would be my guess.

Anyway, turns out it wasn't such a great big deal anyway. Some couple had called their daughter to say they were stuck under a bridge with a gang camped near by etc etc but then went out of range (I assume when the network went down). The daughter told a television channel this in an interview and then when that channel's crew drove past that bridge they found the couple and drove out with them the next day. The nice bit was the crew in NO emailed that they had these people while the daughter was being interviewed by the channel again! Apparently the "in trouble" was a beat up - more just "well it's good that worked out but don't go playing the hero too often" ;)

BTW, the hysterical mother's (who wanted the RAAF to just fly in there and get all the Aussies out with no regard to all the other people) daughter turned up - she was waiting quite calmly at one of the centres and was passing the time by volunteering to help care for small children. Good thing hysteria doesn't run in the family.

I like the RAAF idea. :lol:

There's so much confusion and disorganization. Some people with boats volunteered to help and were told to go to a certain area, and when they got there the Fish and Wildlife guys told them they couldn't do rescue there because it was their area.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Please Beebs. Insulting people is your niche :p Don't be coy :p

I thought I said last night that I'm not coy :p Don't make me start talking about myself in the third person again :p

But yes, I am good at insulting people :p And most of the time I don't even do it on purpose :p

Cute av btw :D

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Ezel squating down as if she is hurt. Here it comes...

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Random. I know. :p

Fits your personality though :p

Pff, Ezel is squatting down and flexing her right leg :rolleyes: She's working on her excuse in case she loses :rolleyes: :p

star
09-06-2005, 12:36 AM

Is is just me or does Justine look slimmer in the torso -- boobs included?

I have issues with Justine's bra and the way it fits.

Murkofan
Ezel squating down as if she is hurt. Here it comes...

We are of one mind, Beebs :p

Goonergal
I thought I said last night that I'm not coy :p Don't make me start talking about myself in the third person again :p

But yes, I am good at insulting people :p And most of the time I don't even do it on purpose :p

Cute av btw :D
MARLY DAVIS DOES NOT DO COY.

:p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:37 AM

So she's not using steroids? :p

Ordinarily I'm not a big fan of elective surgery, but I think Ezel should get a boob job :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:38 AM
MARLY DAVIS DOES NOT DO COY.

You do a great impersonation of me, Beebs :p It must be the psychic bond we share due to our matching chicken pox scars :p

Goonergal

A little. I sometimes wonder why she even bother with a bra. It's not as if she needs support :p Venus still doesn't wear one :o

Lisbeth
Oooh is Mary Pierce really a set up? :bounce:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:39 AM
I love these dfs into the middle of the net :rolls:

Goonergal
We are of one mind, Beebs :p
Well, she is so predictable it's untrue :p

star
Being slimmer or fatter isn't a sign of steroid use. You need to read up on the subject.

The question is, does she look slimmer in the torso? Or am I not remembering her right?

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:40 AM
A little. I sometimes wonder why she even bother with a bra. It's not as if she needs support :p Venus still doesn't wear one :o

Highly tacky :o I've always found that running around without a bra hurts. How does Une do it?

Ooh, Diva!Mary breaks! :bounce:

star
09-06-2005, 12:41 AM

I think we should be grateful to Justine for these small favors -- I am ever so glad she doesn't go braless like Venus.

Justine has great legs too. They are so impressive in person. Very sleek and even sexy. :)

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Oooh is Mary Pierce really a set up? :bounce:
Yes! And, now a break up in the 2nd! Woot! Don't blow this Mary :fiery:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Being slimmer or fatter isn't a sign of steroid use. You need to read up on the subject.

The question is, does she look slimmer in the torso? Or am I not remembering her right?

I don't need to read up on steroids with you and Marlene around :p Y'all seem to know a fair bit about about the subject; if I ever suspect a classmate of using steroids to get ahead in Physical Geography, I'll just come ask one of y'all :p

Anyway, Ezel is as fugly now as she's always been, the poor thing :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, she is so predictable it's untrue :p

Good point :p

Justine has great legs too. They are so impressive in person. Very sleek and even sexy. :)

Ezel, sexy? Surely you jest :p

Hey, there was a good volley from Diva!Mary :D

Lisbeth
I like the RAAF idea. :lol:

There's so much confusion and disorganization. Some people with boats volunteered to help and were told to go to a certain area, and when they got there the Fish and Wildlife guys told them they couldn't do rescue there because it was their area.

I know there's a whole lot more to organising a major relief effort than what we can see from the outside but it does all sound strange.

The interesting thing is, if this happened in Indonesia or Fiji, Australia would pretty much just call up and say "right-o guys we're coming in tomorrow" and in they would go with Hercules and water and tents and medics. I don't think Aus, USA or Japan really waited for permission to go in to Aceh, for example.

Goonergal
You do a great impersonation of me, Beebs :p It must be the psychic bond we share due to our matching chicken pox scars :p
Woot! :p

I think we should be grateful to Justine for these small favors -- I am ever so glad she doesn't go braless like Venus.
Yes, I don't know how Venus runs around with no bra :o Imagine Deux doing that :bolt: Everyone would have emotional scars for life :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Mary :rolleyes:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Mary :rolleyes: :fiery:

Imagine Deux doing that :bolt: Everyone would have emotional scars for life :p

Omg, that would be just :tape: I already have emotional scars from Deux; I don't even want to think about a braless Deux playing tennis :tape:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:48 AM
PY is such a minger :o Their children won't have a chance.

star
09-06-2005, 12:49 AM
I know there's a whole lot more to organising a major relief effort than what we can see from the outside but it does all sound strange.

The interesting thing is, if this happened in Indonesia or Fiji, Australia would pretty much just call up and say "right-o guys we're coming in tomorrow" and in they would go with Hercules and water and tents and medics. I don't think Aus, USA or Japan really waited for permission to go in to Aceh, for example.

Things seem to be getting better since the military has taken over. But since the military didn't have a plan for this either they are struggling. Also they brought in the former head of FEMA to organize efforts.

That guy Brown who is the head of FEMA I'm sure is a good buddy for George, but he is hapless.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:50 AM
Omg, that would be just :tape: I already have emotional scars from Deux; I don't even want to think about a braless Deux playing tennis :tape:
*snort*

Rodriguez looks so creepy & pervy with his legs crossed like that :o :rolleyes:

star
Mary :rolleyes: :fiery:

Deux flops plenty even with a bra.

Murkofan
Awful fh Mary.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:52 AM
PY is such a minger :o Their children won't have a chance.
:haha:

Now, hold onto this break Mary :mad:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Rodriguez looks so creepy & pervy with his legs crossed like that :o :rolleyes:

He pretty much always looks creepy and pervy :p

Mary :bounce: Now hold your serve :fiery:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 12:53 AM
Highly tacky :o I've always found that running around without a bra hurts. How does Une do it?

Ooh, Diva!Mary breaks! :bounce:

Exoskeleton?

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I'm serious! The Henin-Hardenne household is like the black hole of ming :o

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Deux flops plenty even with a bra.
I read a joke today in one of our newspapers that said, that Deux enters a room & her ass enters 2 minutes later :tape: :o :rolls:

star
:lol: :lol:

She has to fry the Belgian twice!!

:haha: :haha:

Murkofan
Exoskeleton?

Is that you saying that, FauxDeux, or is it NotJaneDeux? :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I read a joke today in one of our newspapers that said, that Deux enters a room & her ass enters 2 minutes later :tape: :o :rolls:

Omg :haha: :haha: :haha:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 12:55 AM
Man, even Ezel's "I'm pissed!" smacking of the ball lands in the net :rolls:

star
09-06-2005, 12:56 AM

And it's getting bigger all the time.

Lisbeth
Things seem to be getting better since the military has taken over. But since the military didn't have a plan for this either they are struggling. Also they brought in the former head of FEMA to organize efforts.

That guy Brown who is the head of FEMA I'm sure is a good buddy for George, but he is hapless.

We can only hope this encourages the development of a proper plan for the furture.

Of course we also hope there won't be a next time of this scale but you can't tame nature.

Just heard the mother of a friend has been admitted to hospital with weird psychiatric symptoms. She lost her home in Cyclone Tracy when my friend was a toddler and they think she may have some sort of reactive shock to the images of Katrina on TV :sad:

Goonergal
I'm serious! The Henin-Hardenne household is like the black hole of ming :o

Exoskeleton?
:rolls:

Mary :bounce: Nearly there :D

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 12:58 AM

Is that you saying that, FauxDeux, or is it NotJaneDeux? :p

:lol: that would be me :angel:

NJD needs a proper bra, imho. And a dress which would cover one ;) The weird frontal strapping is not doing the job.

That comment about her ass is a bit cruel though. It's still a hell of a lot smaller than the average non tennis champion ;)

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 12:58 AM
Just heard the mother of a friend has been admitted to hospital with weird psychiatric symptoms. She lost her home in Cyclone Tracy when my friend was a toddler and they think she may have some sort of reactive shock to the images of Katrina on TV :sad:
That's terrible :sad:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes - in fact I'm going to leave for a few minutes to help organise some flowers. Brb.

star
09-06-2005, 01:00 AM
We can only hope this encourages the development of a proper plan for the furture.

Of course we also hope there won't be a next time of this scale but you can't tame nature.

Could be. :sad:

I think some of the people shooting a helicopters were poor people whose minds had just snapped from the trauma -- and as a friend pointed out -- lack of proper meds.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:01 AM
And it's getting bigger all the time.
It does seem to be expanding. That was from columist Matthew Norman. He was talking about his bad sporting predictions of the year. And how at Wimbledon time he said there was more chance of Serena winning "Miss Flat Chested USA, than Venus winning wimbledon" :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Yes - in fact I'm going to leave for a few minutes to help organise some flowers. Brb.
:hug:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:03 AM
Or they could have just gone feral, like in Lord of the Flies. People get weird in situations like that.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:04 AM
It does seem to be expanding. That was from columist Matthew Norman. He was talking about his bad sporting predictions of the year. And how at Wimbledon time he said there was more chance of Serena winning "Miss Flat Chested USA, than Venus winning wimbledon" :p

*snerk*

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Mah-ree! :D

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:08 AM
2 mps! :bounce:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Mary :fiery:

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Deuce :fiery:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:10 AM
Another mp :bounce: Take it, Mary! :bounce:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Mary :fiery: :fiery:

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:11 AM
Finish it here Mary :mad:

star
09-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Here's a great name from the juniors: Katerina Kramperova. :) :) :)

Not as positive as Smashnova, but still amusing. :)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Tracy: "[Ezel] has got to continue to play with aggressivity."

Is that really a word? :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:13 AM
What? That 2nd serve looked well long :rolleyes:

Ad Ezel :mad:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Great point :worship:

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:14 AM
WHAT A POINT FROM MARY!!!

star
09-06-2005, 01:15 AM
You wouldn't think it is a word, but Webster's says it is. :p

Lisbeth
Tracy: "[Ezel] has got to continue to play with aggressivity."

Is that really a word? :p

Ah well apparently it is now, but traditionally the word has been "aggression", I believe ;)

Goonergal
Here's a great name from the juniors: Katerina Kramperova. :) :) :)

Not as positive as Smashnova, but still amusing. :)
That's so cute. Kramperova :D

Austin seems to be on a roll this week :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:16 AM
You wouldn't think it is a word, but Webster's says it is. :p

That'll teach me to doubt Tracy, I guess :p

Goonergal
Tshhhh, Ezel :rolleyes: This is gonna be one tough service game for Mary :o

star
Damn!!

But maybe Mary wore her out a bit.

Now, Mary will have a chance to get the yips. Too bad she didn't close it out there.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:18 AM
If Mary gets broken here....:o

Lisbeth
Most modern dictionaries are actually compiled on a database of contemporary usage, and the main basis for the database is the media and published books. So if a handful of people in the media (Marly, say ;) ) use a word more than the threshhold number of times in the survey period, it gets into the dicitionary.

star
Just keep pounding in those first serves, Mary.

Goonergal
Wtf was that? :rolleyes:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:19 AM
^^ possibly the only useful thing I learnt in 3rd year uni :lol:

star
not so good.

Murkofan
Most modern dictionaries are actually comiled on a database of contemporary usage, and the main basis for the database is the media and published books. So if a handful of people in the media (Marly, say ;) ) use a word more than the threshhold number of times in the survey period, it gets into the dicitionary.

Even if it's not a real word? It just magically becomes one? :p

15-30 :o

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Ace!

Goonergal
Excellent serving from Mary! Another mp :D

Murkofan
Mp! :bounce: TAKE IT MARY :fiery:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:21 AM
YES! :woohoo:

Lisbeth
Yes. But there are ususally limits (eg it can't be used just once or by one author). This is the main dispute between compilers of historical and contemporary dictionaries. Both acknowledge language evolves but the former think the latter push it along too quickly.

star
Even if it's not a real word? It just magically becomes one? :p

15-30 :o

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Goonergal
MARY!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ezel.....You're out!!! :p

star
09-06-2005, 01:22 AM
No signing of autographs. Justine is no XaXa. :)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:23 AM
Yes. But there are ususally limits (eg it can't be used just once or by one author). This is the main dispute between compilers of historical and contemporary dictionaries. Both acknowledge language evolves but the former think the latter push it along too quickly.

So I could get some stupid fellow reporter friends to use some dumb made-up word, and it would be real :p That's retarded :p

Mary is being very respectful.

I want Kim to win, but I'd be happy if Diva!Mary or Big D won.

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:24 AM

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=190855

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Well done Mary :D

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
So I could get some stupid fellow reporter friends to use some dumb made-up word, and it would be real :p That's retarded :p

It would depend on the particular dictionary's particular policy, but possibly yes.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:28 AM

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=190855

Omg :haha: :haha: :haha:

Ezel's breasts, stunning? :haha: Stunningly small, maybe :haha:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:29 AM
She should have opted for a bigger size... and maybe ones slightly less irregular?

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Jimbo just said: "Ginepri's hot." :p

Goonergal
09-06-2005, 01:33 AM
What a shocking quote from Jim :p

Meh, I'm not staying up for this match :p Off to bed! :wavey:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:34 AM
:wavey: Beebs :kiss:

star
09-06-2005, 01:34 AM

It has to be used quite a bit. The Oxford Dictionary has rules about when it becomes a word. I think the Oxford Dictionary requires that the word be used literarily before it enters the dictionary. It's not just a one or two time thing.

I mean -- That's what I love about the English language. It's constantly evolving, borrowing, and changing. No one is trying to keep it in some sort of cocoon, like those French Academy crazies do with French.

star
09-06-2005, 01:35 AM
:wavey: Nighty night, Cilla. WE will miss you.

JMac is wearing a pink tie in honor of Hrbaty. :)

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Oh those brainiac footballers ;)

A BITE of his niece's Krispy Kreme doughnut could prove crucial to Parramatta's title hopes after it set back key forward Nathan Hindmarsh's bid to play in the finals.

Hindmarsh revealed yesterday he was told to fast before surgery on an injured knee last Saturday night.

But he inadvertently took a bite of the doughnut and, having eaten, doctors were forced to delay his operation until the Sunday.

For the full story:

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,20281,16501470-5001023,00.html

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Well, the French are just strange anyway :p

They had to postpone the surgery over one bite? :confused: Why didn't he just barf it up when he realized what he'd done? :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:40 AM
:haha: Justine :p

I fully expect Kim to follow her out of the tournie tomorrow but none the less Kim will still be in the tournament one day longer than her :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:42 AM
The Oxford leans towards the historical end of the spectrum which is probably why it is beloved of lawyers everywhere :) . Australia's primary dictionary, the Macquarie, has a much lower threshhold (eg, IIRC, a word might make it with a few dozen times in a few unrelated major daily papers over a 3 year period). This is why it's good to own a wide range of dictionaries ;) (Oh hang on, maybe that's just good because I like them!)

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Read the whole article - he tried!

The funny, funny thing is this story headlined the radio news today!

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
:wavey: Ile!

Man, there are a lot of things in Australia named after MacQuarie :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:45 AM
Read the whole article - he tried!

The funny, funny thing is this story headlined the radio news today!

"I tried to put my fingers down my throat but it didn't work," said Hindmarsh, who was yesterday on crutches.

Whaaaaat?? How does that not work? :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Good Lord..Kim/Venus is the last match of the day tomorrow :rolleyes: I don't want to wait that freaking long for it! :mad:

Although someone said Venus doesn't like night matches..something about her contacts? I didn't know about that..it sounds like a Mary Pierce or Jen Cappy thing :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:47 AM
Yeah, Lachlan Macquarie was a governor of NSW (the colony, befopre the state) in the eary 1800s and was the frist governor to decide Sydney Town should be a long term settlement rather than just a short term penal colony. So he commissioned a bunch of beautiful sandstone buildings (including state parliament, the old mint, the land titles office and the state library along what is now Sydney's Macquarie Street!) and generally is considered a good guy.

The Dictionary is actually named after the University in Sydney which publishes it.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Or perhaps an Ezel-esque excuse if the match doesn't go her way? :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Or perhaps an Ezel-esque excuse if the match doesn't go her way? :p

There will always be something if the match doesn't go her way :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Our night coverage starts at 3:00am but I think I might get up for it just to see Justine lose :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:51 AM
"Yeah, I wasn't at my best tonight...my socks didn't quite match my dress." :p

star
09-06-2005, 01:52 AM
The Oxford leans towards the historical end of the spectrum which is probably why it is beloved of lawyers everywhere :) . Australia's primary dictionary, the Macquarie, has a much lower threshhold (eg, IIRC, a word might make it with a few dozen times in a few unrelated major daily papers over a 3 year period). This is why it's good to own a wide range of dictionaries ;) (Oh hang on, maybe that's just good because I like them!)

Merriam Webster is the American premier dictionary. There are several others, but Webster's is the definitive one. If an American lawyer wants a definition to quote, it's Webster's they pull out. I look at Websters a hell of a lot more than I do Black's Law Dictionary. :)

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:53 AM
"Yeah, I wasn't at my best tonight...my socks didn't quite match my dress." :p

Pretty much :p

"It was the sun in my eyes"

*someone leans over and whispers in Venus' ear*

"Oh right..It was the lights in my eyes"

star
09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod

annoying Michael Chang is talking about "God's purpose" in having him win.

aarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Yes I use both the Macquarie and Oxford more than the legal dictionaries too :)

I have a Webster at home - actually I find it quite useful when I stumble across one of those meaning or pronunciation differences between Australian and American English :)

I also have a 1923 Oxford my grandfather left me :) That is interesting.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:55 AM
I can't decide if I want Ginepri or Gasquet to win :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:55 AM
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod

aarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh

I never really liked that guy :rolleyes:

God mustn't like him much considering how many big matches he lost, injuries he had etc.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Gasquet. (Ginepri is ugly and up himself though I have to admit he's played well lately).

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 01:56 AM
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod

aarrrrrrrrgggggghhhhh

Yes because God has nothing better to do than help Michael Chang win :rolleyes: :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Pretty much :p

"It was the sun in my eyes"

*someone leans over and whispers in Venus' ear*

"Oh right..It was the lights in my eyes"

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Yes because God has nothing better to do than help Michael Chang win :rolleyes: :p

:lol:

No wonder there are hurricanes and famines and wars ... God is too busy attending sporting events.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 01:58 AM

He said it was to help Chinese people have something to feel good about, as that was when Tiananmen Square happened.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Oh my goodness - Wertheim acknowledged Lleyon's contribution to the Red Cross appeal :eek: Now that must have HURT :rolleyes:

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:00 AM
He said it was to help Chinese people have something to feel good about, as that was when Tiananmen Square happened.

If you just think about that for a second it's kind of minute. My life is in a horrible situation..an athlete from my country winning a tournament ain't gonna make me feel any better. Reality will still suck.

Socket
09-06-2005, 02:01 AM
Oh my goodness - Wertheim acknowledged Lleyon's contribution to the Red Cross appeal :eek: Now that must have HURT :rolleyes:
:rolls: :rolls:

Don't worry, the payback will come eventually. :rolleyes:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:02 AM
Yes I'm sure the (mostly Confucian or Buddhist when not being forced to be atheist) Chinese were greatly comforted by an American who happens to look a bit like them winning a tournament in France.

Murkofan
If you just think about that for a second it's kind of minute. My life is in a horrible situation..an athlete from my country winning a tournament ain't gonna make me feel any better. Reality will still suck.

Yeah. But sometimes the smallest thing can help. Light shines brightest in the darkness.

Maybe it didn't help, but it didn't hurt. Chang is a very religious guy, and if that's what he believes, then good on him. It's certainly no skin off my nose.

Chesty Larue
Man I just looked at the draws..Lleyton's is so nice till the Semi's..and even then Federer isn't exactly tearing it up lately.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:04 AM
Yes I'm sure the (mostly Confucian or Buddhist when not being forced to be atheist) Chinese were greatly comforted by an American who happens to look a bit like them winning a tournament in France.

So cynical :p

I always thought Chang was kind of big in Asia, actually.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:05 AM

Ileana, you have put your finger on exactly what bother me about the kind of person who always talks about a divine interest in the minutiae of their life. (I'm only talking "God made me beat that guy by knockout, not about someone who says God gave them strength to go nurse lepers in Africa ;) )

They're not really being humble and devout at all. They're simply bignoting themself by reference to God.

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Yeah. But sometimes the smallest thing can help. Light shines brightest in the darkness.

Maybe it didn't help, but it didn't hurt. Chang is a very religious guy, and if that's what he believes, then good on him. It's certainly no skin off my nose.

Oops what was I think..Like Jane said he's American, not even from their country.

Anyhoo I have no problem with the fact that he is religious but to say God helps you win is just ridiculous imo. Not to mention just a little arrogant..

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Well he might well be "big in Asia" but in China that would only be the rich few who have ever seen a tennis court, own a television and are not currently in gaol (or dead) for peaceful protesting.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Man I just looked at the draws..Lleyton's is so nice till the Semi's..and even then Federer isn't exactly tearing it up lately.

:woohoo:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:09 AM
Ileana, you have put your finger on exactly what bother me about the kind of person who always talks about a divine interest in the minutiae of their life. (I'm only talking "God made me beat that guy by knockout, not about someone who says God gave them strength to go nurse lepers in Africa ;) )

They're not really being humble and devout at all. They're simply bignoting themself by reference to God.

Aw, see, I think God actually is interested in every aspect of our lives.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:09 AM
BTW, I agree Change can believe what he likes. It's the constant, incessant, telling everybody what he believes 16 years after the event that annoys me ;)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:10 AM

Yeah, but wait 'til he gets to Lleyton :p He'll be on easy street then :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:11 AM
BTW, I agree Change can believe what he likes. It's the constant, incessant, telling everybody what he believes 16 years after the event that annoys me ;)

Lucky you're not getting this coverage then :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:11 AM
Aw, see, I think God actually is interested in every aspect of our lives.

That's fine and I know a lot of very nice people who think that too,

But as far as I can tell, you don't go around talking about how every little thing you achieve was all because you are being used as a special beacon of light in the darkness for people you've never even met.

Anyway, we're not going to agree so :kiss:

Did you decide Gasquet or Ginepri?

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Ginepri took the first set 6-3 .... allez Gasquet!

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:15 AM
Actually I think my witty posts here bring great joy to many lurkers I've never met :p

I think I've decided to just be pleased with whoever wins :p Just as long as the winner beats the shit out of Coria :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:15 AM
The women's scores aren't very exciting so far :lol:

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:16 AM
That's fine and I know a lot of very nice people who think that too,

But as far as I can tell, you don't go around talking about how every little thing you achieve was all because you are being used as a special beacon of light in the darkness for people you've never even met.

Yeah no kidding. It's pretty self-righteous to say something like that, although I'm sure Michael doesn't see it that way.

Socket
I think most of the ball "kids" working this match are older than Gasquet.

star
Do you all every watch the series Entourage?

I love it. :)

Chesty Larue
Ginepri took the first set 6-3 .... allez Gasquet!

I want all American men tested after the US Open :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:17 AM
Actually I think my witty posts here bring great joy to many lurkers I've never met :p

:rolls: and an outlet for great fury to a few apparently ;)

I think I've decided to just be pleased with whoever wins :p Just as long as the winner beats the shit out of Coria :p

Fair enough, though I think I'll be on Coria's side next round :) ( :wavey: Christina :) )

star

You are evil!

Murkofan

Nyet!

I want all American men tested after the US Open :p

You're catching the paranoia, Ile :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:18 AM

Never heard of it sorry. But I'll keep an eye out.

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:18 AM
What was going on with Coria and Massu today? I never caught why they were yapping at each other..

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:19 AM
I think most of the ball "kids" working this match are older than Gasquet.

Did one of you once tell me that USO is not during school break and therefore there are fewer actual kids able to be ballkids?

Murkofan
You are evil!

Sorry :o

I've never liked him though. He always seems whiny to me.

:rolls: and an outlet for great fury to a few apparently ;)

What, you think I piss people off? Pschaw :p

Chesty Larue

I've seen it once or twice..it's pretty entertaining. Of course we just cancelled the channel it was on so that's it for that.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Coria likes yapping during matches. (Case in point : v Lleyton in DC) I think it's funny.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:20 AM
Did one of you once tell me that USO is not during school break and therefore there are fewer actual kids able to be ballkids?

I dunno if we told you or not, but yeah, schools and universities are already back in session. Have been for a few weeks.

Socket
09-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Massu apparently takes about five minutes between points, which annoyed Coria, and Coria had some kind of toenail problem treated, which annoyed Massu. Just your usual South American match.

After the match, both players said they wanted to kill Lleyton. :)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:21 AM
Urgh, I feel kind of sick. I think the tamales I had for supper were a little too greasy :o :tape:

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:22 AM
You are evil!

Marly..This young literary Texan aspires to world domination. Thankfully for the people she hasn't yet attained this. Partly because she would rule with an iron fist..partly because it's likely at some point she'll trip over a chair accidently launching a nuke thus wiping out some poor unsuspecting country :p

Socket
09-06-2005, 02:23 AM
School in New York City traditionally start the day after Labor Day (tomorrow), so yes, there are few local kids available.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Massu apparently takes about five minutes between points, which annoyed Coria, and Coria had some kind of toenail problem treated, which annoyed Massu. Just your usual South American match.

After the match, both players said they wanted to kill Lleyton. :)

:haha: which of course was just meaningless banter, even though Lleyton saying hewouldn't have a beer with either of them is racist and a call to war :lol:

I think I must lack a decency enzyme or something because none of this bitching bothers me at all :) I think it perks things up!

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:25 AM

Marly..This young literary Texan aspires to world domination. Thankfully for the people she hasn't yet attained this. Partly because she would rule with an iron fist..partly because it's likely at some point she'll trip over a chair accidently launching a nuke thus wiping out some poor unsuspecting country :p

:rolls: OMG I can't breathe.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:25 AM

No no, I would have the nuke button encased in plastic or something in case of just such an incident :p

Speaking of my clumsiness, I walked into the living room earlier and got my left foot hung up on the lever that makes the footrest come up, and collapsed in a heap :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:26 AM
No no, I would have the nuke button encased in plastic or something in case of just such an incident :p

Speaking of my clumsiness, I walked into the living room earlier and got my left foot hung up on the lever that makes the footrest come up, and collapsed in a heap :p

:hug: Have you considered just living in a padded room?

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:27 AM
I think I must lack a decency enzyme or something because none of this bitching bothers me at all :) I think it perks things up!

I think you're like Ile, too laid back :p You need to get overly-opinionated and snarly and snarky like Christina, Marlene and I :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:28 AM

Murkofan

Well, if my anti-depressants ever stop working it's a possibility :p

Lisbeth
Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it :) :unsure:

star
It's making me sad to see big old ugly Ginepri dressed in his awful clothes beating poor sweet little Gasquet. But maybe Gasquet is going to come back.

WOW what a backhand down the line from behind the baseline -- and it looked effortless.

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:29 AM
It's making me sad to see big old ugly Ginepri dressed in his awful clothes beating poor sweet little Gasquet.

You are evil!

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:29 AM

Who are you kidding..you'd find a way :p

Anyhoo you know that iron fist part is right :p I think my little Marly bio is dead on :p

Socket
09-06-2005, 02:30 AM
I think you're like Ile, too laid back :p You need to get overly-opinionated and snarly and snarky like Christina, Marlene and I :p
In short, become an American. ;)

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the advice, I'll work on it :) :unsure:

Pfff don't do that. You and I are the 'go with the flow' girls ;) :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:32 AM

Marlene, Christina, Marly = American

Jane = Australian

Ileana = Canadian

..I think Marlene's on to something :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:33 AM
I already have a reputation for being an apologist for Americans, but I think that's as far as it will go ;) I'm far too attached to my Aussie swimmers and DC boys ;)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Who are you kidding..you'd find a way :p

Always so negative :p

Anyhoo you know that iron fist part is right :p I think my little Marly bio is dead on :p

You're damn right it's right :p None of this 'innocent until proven guilty' or 'prisoners have rights' shit. Beheadings, all the way :devil: :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:34 AM
I guess growing up without the fear of being shot made us weak and docile, Ileana ;)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:34 AM

It's what everyone should aspire to ;)

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Actually it kind of interests me how few Aussie there are in here :) Though a few are around but busy studying ( :wavey: Ashie & Ally :) )

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:36 AM
All Aussies hate Lleyton, remember? :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:38 AM
I guess growing up without the fear of being shot made us weak and docile, Ileana ;)

Apparently :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:39 AM
BTW I was told I was naive the other day for saying I though if Australia was ever in serious trouble and the USA was able to help, they would. Yes, I think they would ;)

I was also accused of being because "pro destructive market forces" because I said I thought it was great our govt gave $10m to the American Red Cross :confused: WTF? Like, markets are so evil, man? :lol:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:39 AM
All Aussies hate Lleyton, remember? :p

Silly me :lol:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Of course we would help you, we like the Aussies :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:41 AM
The outside help isn't really necessary is it? Not that I'm saying don't help but the US can handle it all themselves. They are one of the richest most powerful nations in the world..

and no Marly that doesn't mean they are the best :p

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Quite, of course you do :) Plus George and John luuuuurve each other. In fact George just gave John a medal (yippee doo!) Actually, the main reason I believe this is ... we have a mutual defence treaty ;)

Set point Gasquet!

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Deuce but Gasquet still up a break.

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:43 AM
We just hang around up here being all neutral and nice :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:43 AM
The outside help isn't really necessary is it? Not that I'm saying don't help but the US can handle it all themselves. They are one of the richest most powerful nations in the world..

Yes, and our economy isn't great atm, and a lot of our money is tied up in Iraq :p

That, and we give a lot of foreign aid. Why shouldn't we get some help? It's like trading GS wild cards back and forth :p

You're absolutely right, we're the best because I live here :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:44 AM
We just hang around up here being all neutral and nice :p

And boring and cold :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Quite, of course you do :) Plus George and John luuuuurve each other. In fact George just gave John a medal (yippee doo!) Actually, the main reason I believe this is ... we have a mutual defence treaty ;)

And you're English-speaking Christians :p Even if you are too liberal :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Yes, and our economy isn't great atm, and a lot of our money is tied up in Iraq :p

Nice :p I get the feeling someone forgot to info Mr. President life isn't actually a game of Risk :p

Of course you give a lot of foreign aid..all the rich countries do. You got a bigger slice of pie you share more :p

Socket
09-06-2005, 02:47 AM

The US government doesn't need the money, which is why it's nice that Australia is giving it to a charity. Some specialized equipment and personnel is needed, however, such as MREs from NATO and the EU.

But even if something isn't needed, I think that the offers should be graciously accepted (except from the poorest nations), because they cement friendships and people feel that they're helping.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:47 AM

Fair point, but while the money is probably there in theory, it hasn't yet been diverted to the people who need it now. I think the reason the money went to the red cross (not as "aid" as such) is that it will buy emergency stuff for poor homeless people, and while their country is rich, they most certainly aren't.

Also, it was $10m, not for instance the $1b we gave Indonesia after the tsunami. I think that is fair too.

Overall, it's a matter of goodwill and a humanitarian response. People want to "do something" and it's hard to know what else they could have done. Other than send in the RAAF of course ;)

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:48 AM
And boring and cold :p

I know eh..People not wanting to blow us up is such a bore :p

Cold means Hockey! :D YAY :bounce:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:49 AM
And you're English-speaking Christians :p Even if you are too liberal :p

Quick, hide all the Asians! Put those muslim schoolgirls somewhere out of the way! Aborigines, what's an Aborigine?!

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:49 AM
Nice :p I get the feeling someone forgot to info Mr. President life isn't actually a game of Risk :p

Are you just now coming to that conclusion? :p I think the weather up there has frozen your brain :p

Of course you give a lot of foreign aid..all the rich countries do. You got a bigger slice of pie you share more :p

What, you want all the rich countries to ignore Canada if something catastrophic happens there? :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:50 AM
Quick, hide all the Asians! Put those muslim schoolgirls somewhere out of the way! Aborigines, what's an Aborigine?!

Yes, death to non-whites :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:53 AM
Are you just now coming to that conclusion? :p I think the weather up there has frozen your brain :p

What, you want all the rich countries to ignore Canada if something catastrophic happens there? :p

Dude it's hot here now :p

Of course the offer is nice..I was just wondering if it was really needed. I can't even think of the last catastrophy to hit Canada. I mean there was the Ice Storm in '98..but it wasn't that big a deal..no power for 2 weeks in the winter. We dealt with it fine. Gotta tell you though it gets mighty boring :p Probably played every board game we have 50 times :p

We're not in an area that has any big threat for natural disasters.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:53 AM
We would help Canada :) I think New Zealand's defence policy might even be "Australia's just over there". (sorry Jess :) )

Actually there was an amusing thing on a TV show recently talking about how often the NZers mention they're not in Iraq: "I'm sure they really miss the NZ army - one guy with a rake." But we'd still help them :kiss:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:55 AM
I can't think what might befall Canada either ;) Apparently you're having fairly heated disputes with Denmark over some island :lol: But the Danish prince's wife is a Tasmanian real estate agent so not sure how we'd go on that one :lol:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Dude it's hot here now :p

Yeah, uh-huh :p

Of course the offer is nice..I was just wondering if it was really needed. I can't even think of the last catastrophy to hit Canada. I mean there was the Ice Storm in '98..but it wasn't that big a deal..no power for 2 weeks in the winter. We dealt with it fine. Gotta tell you though it gets mighty boring :p Probably played every board game we have 50 times :p

We're not in an area that has any big threat for natural disasters.

Is it really needed? It certainly can't hurt. A lot of the government's money will go to rebuilding the cities and transportation structure, not necessarily to providing socks and toothbrushes and the like.

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 02:56 AM
36 63 11 This looks close :)

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:57 AM
We would help Canada :) I think New Zealand's defence policy might even be "Australia's just over there". (sorry Jess :) )

Actually there was an amusing thing on a TV show recently talking about how often the NZers mention they're not in Iraq: "I'm sure they really miss the NZ army - one guy with a rake." But we'd still help them :kiss:

Yeah well we're part of the Commonwealth ;)

That's like our army :lol: There's was a joke online awhile ago about our bad economy..saying if Canada sent help..so many troops, so many ships, etc. with the conversion rate it would come out to..2 flying squirrels, a Mountie and One Canoe :p It's pretty much true :p

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 02:58 AM
I can't think what might befall Canada either ;) Apparently you're having fairly heated disputes with Denmark over some island :lol: But the Danish prince's wife is a Tasmanian real estate agent so not sure how we'd go on that one :lol:

Are we? I don't even know about that :p I'm sure it'll end happily with beers all around :p

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Wtf? USA is leaving its coverage! :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 03:00 AM
I read something about it - it was generally suggesting everyone was so nice that nothing was getting resolved :lol:

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 03:01 AM
Are we? I don't even know about that :p

Dude. I knew about that :p

Socket
I'm checking out, guys. See ya tomorrow. Go, Lleyton!!!! :wavey:

Lisbeth
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4715245.stm

There you go, Hans Island - ooh, watch out, they're sending a letter of protest!

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 03:02 AM
Bye Marlene :wavey:

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 03:03 AM
I know the Maritimes is offer to shelter Katrina victims..that's nice but kind of a long way to go :o

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 03:04 AM
Yeah well we're part of the Commonwealth ;)

That's like our army :lol: There's was a joke online awhile ago about our bad economy..saying if Canada sent help..so many troops, so many ships, etc. with the conversion rate it would come out to..2 flying squirrels, a Mountie and One Canoe :p It's pretty much true :p

:lol: Bizarrely, the issue now is would the Brits send help to a Commonwealth ally or would they need EU approval ... ;)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 03:04 AM
:wavey: Marlene!

We have some families living in homes here in Devine. My assignment for this week is what our Ministerial Alliance has planned, what people here can do to help.

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 03:05 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4715245.stm

There you go, Hans Island - ooh, watch out, they're sending a letter of protest!

Oh it's outta control :p

Murkofan
:lol: Bizarrely, the issue now is would the Brits send help to a Commonwealth ally or would they need EU approval ... ;)

Pff, EU, screw that :p

Lisbeth
Well some twit in this morning's SMH wanted to fly all the kids (just the kids) to Australia ... Canada is closer :)

Lisbeth
Oh it's outta control :p

Better come stay with me till it blows over :)

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 03:06 AM
:wavey: Marlene!

We have some families living in homes here in Devine. My assignment for this week is what our Ministerial Alliance has planned, what people here can do to help.

Oh, cool :)

Chesty Larue
09-06-2005, 03:06 AM
Well some twit in this morning's SMH wanted to fly all the kids (just the kids) to Australia ... Canada is closer :)

Yeah let's think realistic here people. One of our ministers suggested flying them to the Maritimes..does that mean they'll take them back as well? :p

star
09-06-2005, 03:07 AM
I'm pissed off that USA didn't stay on the air. :(

Lisbeth
09-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Also, I don't think a bunch of traumatised children need to be dragged from their parents' arms right now ;) Sure if there were lots of orphans or even whole families who really couldn't be housed in the US, but that I find unlikely ;)

Murkofan
09-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Oh, cool :)

Yup. My best friend and her sister signed up to go help with the cleanup as well.

I'm pissed off that USA didn't stay on the air. :(

Me too. I guess 'cause Ginepri's no DH/Pandy, and hasn't been marked for sainthood like CCA :p