I know right? I was like: well hello to you too :lol:

:haha: I hope it werent your parents. :p

Tess Gray
10-19-2008, 07:08 PM
^ they were :sobbing:

~*BGT*~
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
by the way, BGT, what was your sister's verdict? :rolls:

No reply yet but I'll get one form her tomorrow. ;)

Fired Up!
10-20-2008, 11:49 AM
^ they were :sobbing:

:speakles: :tape: :tape: awww:

Tess Gray
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
No reply yet but I'll get one form her tomorrow. ;)

can't wait :lol: It better be the right answer :armed:

I know... poor me :awww:

Pepi.
10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Tess, are you from Netherlands?

Pepi.
10-20-2008, 06:20 PM

your avatars is :inlove:

I love it :D

Tess Gray
10-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Tess, are you from Netherlands?

Yeah I am :rocker2::lol:

Why?:)

Pepi.
10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah I am :rocker2::lol:

Why?:)

:)
because i want to study there next year :D

reggie1
10-22-2008, 09:51 AM
On le Grand Prix de tennis de lyon official website there is a small interview with Richard, he doesn't look very happy, it's in french and I could only uderstand a little bit of it.

Tess Gray
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Really Pepi?:D Where and what do you want to study?

Thanks Reggie (is that your real name?) I'll go check it out:)!

EDIT: http://www.gptennislyon.com/pages/fr/502/video_interview_gasquet_mardi.html

Venle
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I actually did get to watch Richard and Rafa. :woohoo: I stayed home from school because "I was studying for an exam" ;) and was able to watch both matches. :D And when I got to work, I met a new co-worker who is just :hearts:
:yeah:
Nice design ;) I've used a similar one a couple of times :angel:

My tennis coach is :hearts: :p

Hi everyone!

Tess Gray
10-22-2008, 01:57 PM
^tsk tsk tsk ladies. Making excuses to watch tennis :o despicable.

Oksan4ik
10-23-2008, 05:39 PM
:wavey:

Pepi.
10-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Really Pepi?:D Where and what do you want to study?

Thanks Reggie (is that your real name?) I'll go check it out:)!

EDIT: http://www.gptennislyon.com/pages/fr/502/video_interview_gasquet_mardi.html

yes :)
maybe in Rotterdam, i want to study journalism :)

Tess Gray
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Ah Rotterdam:D I like Rdam:) It's a nice city... not the nicest one of Holland but it's good if you want to go out and shop :lol:

Oksan4ik
10-24-2008, 07:48 PM
:p

Tess Gray
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
yay..:banana: somebody is online :lol:

How've you been :hug:

Oksan4ik
10-24-2008, 08:12 PM
:lol:
i'm fine,very glad it's weekend :woohoo:

what about you? :hug:

Tess Gray
10-24-2008, 09:00 PM
i'm fine,very glad it's weekend :woohoo:

what about you? :hug:

Well my weekend started BAD... because my computer crashed... twice:( (hence my late reaction:o)
I hate computers:lol: They never do what I want them to.

But yeah I'm okay! Had a horrible party yesterday :o It was SO boring. Left at 10 o'clock :help:

Oksan4ik
10-24-2008, 09:13 PM
my comp is lagging and works slow...:o i wanna :smash: it :rolleyes:

haha,what's the party? :p

Tess Gray
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
It was a party of a friend of mine. She celebrated her 16th bday. And she was celebrating it with two others who were 18. But it was sooooo boring. Nothing to do, bad music and only people drinking too much alcohol. So it just was no fun. :shrug:

Any plans for the weekend?

Oksan4ik
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
even drunk people weren't funny? :lol:

no plans...i should do my best to prepare for the courses' exams :o

Tess Gray
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
They were annoying :o not funny :lol:

You should prepare for your exams:p You never like to begin but once you've finished you're happy you've started when you started :lol:

Well, I'm giving up on my computer :o I'm going to watch some tv. Jonathan Ross is on, so I think I´m going to watch that :lol:

Have a nice night & I'll talk to you tomorrow

Oksan4ik
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
true :lol:

Jonathan Ross?...i even don't know what's this :o Russian tv :smash:

i'm going to bed,see ya tomorrow :hug: :kiss:

Pepi.
10-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Ah Rotterdam:D I like Rdam:) It's a nice city... not the nicest one of Holland but it's good if you want to go out and shop :lol:

where do you live?

Tess Gray
10-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Jonathan Ross?...i even don't know what's this :o Russian tv :smash:

You don't know JR? He's hilarious... He has a show called: Firday night with Jonathan Ross on BBC. I love his interviews:rolls:

There used to be an interview on youtube with Andy Roddick and JR, but I cannot seem to find it :scratch:

where do you live?

I live 40 minutes away from Rdam:) In a city called 'Zoetermeer'. It's very near Den Haag (which is one of the four Big Cities in Holland; together with Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht).

Oksan4ik
10-25-2008, 01:40 PM
i got a new hairstyle :woohoo:

Venle
10-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone :hug:

Wow, what kind of style, Ksu? :D

Oksan4ik
10-25-2008, 02:04 PM
well..i can't explain :lol: maybe i'll take some photos later and post them on facebook ;)
it's a lil bit shorter...but i really like it :p

Tess Gray
10-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah you should do that :D I wanna see...

*Not being curious at all... I can't help it :sobbing:*

reggie1
10-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi Ksu and tess, i will be away until next friday so I will chat to you then. jonathan Ross (or woss as we say here because he can't pronounce his r's) is great. love it too. Blimey, it's all going on on the roasted pig forum, Richie has been swearing in L'equipe. Who has taught him such naughty words, that's what I want to know? Take a look when you get the chance. xx

RFK
10-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Jonathan Ross is great! I didn't know you could watch his show in the Netherlands!
I'm away this week also - I hope everyone has a good week and Richard does do too much more swearing! :lol:

reggie1
10-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Putain la, he's a little monkey!

Fired Up!
10-26-2008, 08:49 AM
You don't know JR? He's hilarious... He has a show called: Firday night with Jonathan Ross on BBC. I love his interviews:rolls:

There used to be an interview on youtube with Andy Roddick and JR, but I cannot seem to find it :scratch:

I live 40 minutes away from Rdam:) In a city called 'Zoetermeer'. It's very near Den Haag (which is one of the four Big Cities in Holland; together with Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht).

OMFG I know someone who lives in Zoetermeer, about your age. :rolls:

Tess Gray
10-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Ksu and tess, i will be away until next friday so I will chat to you then. jonathan Ross (or woss as we say here because he can't pronounce his r's) is great. love it too. Blimey, it's all going on on the roasted pig forum, Richie has been swearing in L'equipe. Who has taught him such naughty words, that's what I want to know? Take a look when you get the chance. xx

Yeah I've been lurking there a little bit :lol: On some weird note, I think it's good Richie is getting a little bit upset and a little bit of passion into it :lol: It might do wonders!

Jonathan Ross is great! I didn't know you could watch his show in the Netherlands!
I'm away this week also - I hope everyone has a good week and Richard does do too much more swearing! :lol:

Yeah we can get BBC 1+2 here :D So, I watch it a lot. I loved it when Russel brand was on the show... Wussel Bwand :lol: Anyone see the Colin Farrel one?

OMFG I know someone who lives in Zoetermeer, about your age. :rolls:

What a coinsidence huh :rolls:

Vicky & RFK, have fun with where ever you are going and see you guys soon:wavey: :D

Venle
10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
well..i can't explain :lol: maybe i'll take some photos later and post them on facebook ;)
it's a lil bit shorter...but i really like it :p

Okay :hug:

Good you like it! Last time I got a hair cut, it got way too short, and I walked with a hat for two months :lol:

Bad Richie :( :p

tennis lover
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah we can get BBC 1+2 here :D So, I watch it a lot. I loved it when Russel brand was on the show... Wussel Bwand :lol: Anyone see the Colin Farrel one?
Things like that are why I think it is so much easier to learn english than another language, it's so accessible. I'm fairly sure we don't get any dutch channels over here, not that I'd understand it anyway! :lol:

I saw the Colin Farrell interview, I really enjoyed it. And the one with Andy Roddick was good too. (not that I'm biased or anything! :lol: )

Tess Gray
10-27-2008, 04:24 PM
:rolls: Well, I'm not a huge fan of Andy, but I always like his interviews and offcourt things. He's funny :lol:

Yeah I agree. English is so accessible, it's easier to learn. Although, sometimes when we have to do presentations in our English class... Some of the student are HORRIBLE. I never really understand that:lol:

To have dutch channels and to take the effort to learn dutch would totally be useless because only about 20 million people speak dutch:lol: And english gets you a long way here so... Not recommended:p

tennis lover
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
:rolls: Well, I'm not a huge fan of Andy, but I always like his interviews and offcourt things. He's funny :lol:

Yeah I agree. English is so accessible, it's easier to learn. Although, sometimes when we have to do presentations in our English class... Some of the student are HORRIBLE. I never really understand that:lol:

To have dutch channels and to take the effort to learn dutch would totally be useless because only about 20 million people speak dutch:lol: And english gets you a long way here so... Not recommended:p
:angel:

exactly, you learn english in school and have the resources to back it up. Here, we have one or two of french/german/spanish on offer and that's it. :shrug: But I guess we don't "need" to speak other languages, I love languages though. :dance:

Tess Gray
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Exactly, you don't have to learn another language:) Only if you want. But dutch doesn't get you very far in this worls I'm afraid :awww:

But the english speaking world is a very hot topic over here. For example, on the night of 'The Elections' I have to stay up all night at school,(from 10PM 'till 9 AM) to follow the elections and we have a live connection with skype with some American journalist who's going to keep us updated.

Now personally I think that's a bit over the top:lol: but it just shows how important it is:)

Oksan4ik
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM

Tess Gray
10-28-2008, 09:46 PM
I ask you to come online, you come and I'm not here :awww: sorry :hug:

EDIT: I should probably tell you why I wasn't here... maybe that'll make it more justified :scratch: So a friend comes online in total panic: Did you know about this French test we're having tomorrow? And I start freaking out because I didn't know we had a test :lol: So for some strange weird reason I have the number of my french teachter (long story:lol:) So I call him and he says: yes you do have a test. So I start to studie my ass off because I thought it was soooo much to learn. In the end it wasn't that much and I was finished in like 3.5 hours :o

:awww:

tennis lover
10-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Exactly, you don't have to learn another language:) Only if you want. But dutch doesn't get you very far in this worls I'm afraid :awww:

But the english speaking world is a very hot topic over here. For example, on the night of 'The Elections' I have to stay up all night at school,(from 10PM 'till 9 AM) to follow the elections and we have a live connection with skype with some American journalist who's going to keep us updated.

Now personally I think that's a bit over the top:lol: but it just shows how important it is:)
wow, that's impressive! :eek: Your school really wants you to learn English well! ;) That would never happen here. :lol:

Oksan4ik
10-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I ask you to come online, you come and I'm not here :awww: sorry :hug:

EDIT: I should probably tell you why I wasn't here... maybe that'll make it more justified :scratch: So a friend comes online in total panic: Did you know about this French test we're having tomorrow? And I start freaking out because I didn't know we had a test :lol: So for some strange weird reason I have the number of my french teachter (long story:lol:) So I call him and he says: yes you do have a test. So I start to studie my ass off because I thought it was soooo much to learn. In the end it wasn't that much and I was finished in like 3.5 hours :o

:awww:

awww,don't worry,it's okay :hug: :kiss:

we will have an autumn vacation soon :D it's the last week :woohoo:

what about you?..as i understand u won't have any vacations till January,right?..:scratch:

PS hope the result of the test is excellent :hug:

Schu
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Did anyone see Eric Deblicker in the crowd during the Tsonga-Roddick match? Wonder what the ole Teddy Bear is doing now. BTw Very Good Match, too bad Roddick lost, now I hope Blake can take out Tsonga (but that is unlikely unless Blake gets in one of his "zones").

Brownie
10-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Did anyone see Eric Deblicker in the crowd during the Tsonga-Roddick match? Wonder what the ole Teddy Bear is doing now. BTw Very Good Match, too bad Roddick lost, now I hope Blake can take out Tsonga (but that is unlikely unless Blake gets in one of his "zones").

Yeah, I saw him sitting in the same box as Grosjean and Roddick's coach. I think I also saw him at one of Simon's matches this week...

I agree, very enjoyable match! Gotta love Mo!

~*BGT*~
11-01-2008, 12:21 AM

I did not see himm but I share your sentiments regarding Andy. :awww: Jo's gotta go down and I don't care that I run his site either. :armed:

Yeah, I saw him sitting in the same box as Grosjean and Roddick's coach. I think I also saw him at one of Simon's matches this week...

I agree, very enjoyable match! Gotta love Mo!

OK, so Mr. Roddick is challenging the call... :lol:

tennis lover
11-01-2008, 01:07 AM
:( stupid Tsonga! :ras:

:secret: I'm not bitter. ;)

Tess Gray
11-01-2008, 02:21 PM
awww,don't worry,it's okay :hug: :kiss:

we will have an autumn vacation soon :D it's the last week :woohoo:

what about you?..as i understand u won't have any vacations till January,right?..:scratch:

Vacation :inlove: :lol: My next one is end of December, right before christmas. We have vacation every 8 weeks:D
PS hope the result of the test is excellent :hug:
:hug: Merci
:( stupid Tsonga! :ras:

:secret: I'm not bitter. ;)
What a Tsonga bashing going on :awww: I like Tsonga, he seems like a nice guy:)

Tess Gray
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
BTW, does anybody know (maybe the brits?) what exactly is going on with Jonathan R. and Russel B.?:lol: I only know that JR is suspended for 3 months and that he know makes 1.3 million pounds less this year because of it :lol:

reggie1
11-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Tess, I'm back. In a nutshell, Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand were doing a radio show and Russell started talking about a girl he had slept with (She is the Daughter od Andrew Sachs who played Manuel in Fawtly Towers, don't know if you remeber it). They started saying crude stuff about her and then telephoned Andrew Sachs and left crude messages on his answering phone about Russell having slept with his Grand daughter. Andrew Sachs is 78!! They laso started joking about performing a sex act on Andrew Sachs to say sorry (they said they would sneak into his house in the middle of the night). It has been on the front page of every newspaer all week. I think they crossed a line, although part of me, thinks it's just two naughty boys who have never grown up just messing about, but what I think is wrong, is that the radio programme was taped and somebody at the BBC allowed it to be broadcast. RB and JW are the scapegoats really. The BBc should have censored it.

reggie1
11-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Is Richard at Tsonga's match today, thought I heard the commentator say he was, Golovin and Mauresmo are?

Tess Gray
11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Welcome back Vicky:D How was your trip?

Thanks for explaining. I sort of heard what had happened, but not everything. I heard it was taped, so it's kinda BBC's own fault it got aired :o But oh well, it's not done, but like you said: two little boys having fun :lol: It sucked that there was no FNwJR yesterday :awww:

Dunno about Richie @ JW's match... hopefully the camera will spot him and we'll get to see pics:lol:

reggie1
11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
My trip was lovely thanks Tess, weather here at the moment is horrendous though. Luckily, we went to an indoor venue where you can play tennis, badminton, all that kind of stuff under cover. It was a proper old fashioned british holiday camp but it was lovely. I think I've managed to put on a stone in a week though as it was a help yourself buffet and this girl certainly helped herself!! How are you? How are you too Oks? Sorry forgot to say hello earlier :wavey:xx

Oksan4ik
11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Vacation :inlove: :lol: My next one is end of December, right before christmas. We have vacation every 8 weeks:D

lucky :D :p

anyone online? :wavey:

tennis lover
11-02-2008, 02:39 AM
What a Tsonga bashing going on :awww: I like Tsonga, he seems like a nice guy:)
I don't have a problem with Tsonga. ;) except for the fact that he beat Andy yesterday. :p

reggie1
11-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I like T'songa, he comes across as quite a gentle sort of person in his interviews, he is so softly spoken and I think it's really cute how he always says one of his hobbies are plants and nature. He must like the outdoorsy type of girls. The broadcasters here keep calling him "enigmatic". I hope he wins today. I quite like Nalbandian too though, I quite like the cuddly look!:):haha:

Oksan4ik
11-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Tsonga :unsure: :lol:

hey Vick! :hug: how's ur day?:p

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi Oks, how are you? I am fine thanks, had a really quiet day doing all the washing and ironing after my holiday and watched JoJo agsinst Nalbandian. I really enjoyed the match and was so please jo won. hopefully, this will spur Richard on next year. Did you have a nice weekend?:wavey:

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 10:48 AM
my weekend was boring :o
i did nothing...:awww: just slept :p
also i watched some football matches and the results weren't pleasant for me :unsure: :awww:
my vacation's started...:rolleyes:
i should do many things, read many books, do different excersises...:o

i'm looking forward to Shanghai :hearts: gonna be very interesting, i guess :D :p

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 06:30 PM
That sounds familiar :lol: I promised myself to do LOADS of work during my vacation. Didn't do it and now I'm stressed out because I have to do everything at the last moment *sigh*. :lol:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I remeber my younger student days and I was exactly the same, used to leave it until the last minute and then have to cram. I have just gone back to college as a mature student and I'm actually finding it quite boring! I think you very quickly get out of the mode of learning. (I'm in my 30's so older than you and Tess) How old are you both? I said to my friend the other day, I'd actually rather go to college and pick up my langauges again. My french used to be quite good, spanish so-so, but now both are terrible because I haven't used them in such a long while. :(
Shanghai will be very interesting. I was watching the video of Nalbandian and Richard (2007) the other day, it's on youtube, where they are just due to walk out on court and Nalbandian tells Richard that he just saw on the t.v that Richard had qualified for Shanghai, must admit Richie didn't look too pleased though! It sems strange that he's not going given how talented he is :confused:, still, there is always next year, onwards and upwards!;)

Brownie
11-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Reggie, what did you go back to college to study? I am in my 2nd year of graduate school, and my classes have a lot of problem sets but not as many exams. I'm just hitting my first round of exams this and next week (way too late into the semester IMO) and I'm having a terrible time getting back into studying mode! Graduate school, as you said about going back to college at a mature student, is getting to be quite boring! Oh well, only 2 more semesters and then out into the real world:)

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 08:01 PM
If only I were in y'alls position :sobbing: I HATE highschool. I don't mind studying and learning stuff, but most subjects I have are just :( :o Only 2 more years :lol:

I'm 16, 17 in january:)

Goodluck with your exams, Lauren. What do you study?

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM

Brownie
11-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks Tess! Environmental engineering. I did my undergrad in chemistry but didn't want to work in a lab or as a teacher forever and ever! Do you have any idea what you'd like to study after high school (I definitely had no idea when I was your age)?

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Hiya Oksana :D Did anything useful today?:lol:

Well, I maybe want to study European Studies. It sounds like something for me. And you learn 3 foreignb languages (english and two you can pick). So for me that would be French and Spanish probably. Though I could try Russian..:scratch: Too hard I think :lol:

Brownie
11-03-2008, 08:32 PM
My sister just started her 1st year of college and is taking Russian for the first time. She says it's actually not all that bad (which I was shocked about, since you have to learn a whole new alphabet). I really want to get better at french, but the last time I took it was about 5 years ago, so I'm pretty rusty:p!

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I know that's why it would seem so difficult... new letters and there is not ONE word you can recognize :lol:
I know someone who is studying European Studies and she says Spanish is extremely difficut because the pase (pace?) is really high.

Ah French. Well I still have Franch in highschool and I really love the language. It's just a shame it's so damn difficult:lol: I mean they talk UBERfast... It's not even funny.

Brownie
11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Haha, she did say that dvd player (and a bunch of other words) sound exactly the same in Russian as in English...you just have to say them with a Russian accent:lol: Yeah, they do seem to talk fast! Hmmm, I'm not sure I know what you mean by pace (do you mean talking speed?).

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Really? In dutch you also have a lot of english words which are pronounced with a dutch accent. So in speaking you wouldn't understand a thing, but when you see it in writing you recognize lots of words :lol:

I've googled it; it's pace. I meant the speed in which they teach the spanish ;)

Gael is not that bad, I can understand him when he speaking French. But Richie for example... Oh my god, that's just NOT normal :lol:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Lauren, I've gone back to college to do a course to teach primary school chilren. I was really looking forward to it but at the moment it's a bit boring. I will be going into the classroom though to do practical work with the children which I will love (I really like kids and I'm already a Mum so I'm used to the havoc). As for languages, I think I might just do what all other English people do, A) expect everybody else to speak English and just not bother or, B) speak English but with the accent relevant to the country that I'm on holiday in!! Us English have an exceptional talent for the last one. How old are you Lauren if you don't mind me asking?

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Hiya Oksana :D Did anything useful today?:lol:

Tess :hug:

nope..nothing :rolls: :o

what about you? :p

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh, ok. I bet the pace is completely different in American and European schools. Is dutch like a germanic-type language?

Yeah, I was thinking, hey, maybe I'll listen to some of Richie's french interviews, pick up some french that way. Well, I could only pick up a few words here and there! Then I listened to some of the other french players' interviews, and jeez, Richie is definitely the hardest one to understand! I picked the wrong player to try to listen to:lol:!

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM
BTW, was watching this clip.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=gC24TzYlnE0

lol @ the end :lol:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:01 PM
So glad you said that about Richard because I can't understand a damn word he says!!! I thought it was just me. The only thing I get is "beacoup".

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:04 PM

nope..nothing :rolls: :o

what about you? :p

I went to school all day. Horrible :o Have 3 HUGE tests this week so I been really busy studying. The worst thing is, none of the subjects interest me. But unfortunately I still have to study *yawn*

Vicky, how old is your child?

Lauren, yeah dutch is a Germanlanguage (whatever you call it:o:lol:). It actually looks a lot like german.

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
So glad you said that about Richard because I can't understand a damn word he says!!! I thought it was just me. The only thing I get is "beacoup".

I know, it's so frustrating! I've had five years of French and I should be able to understand more than just 'beaucoup' and 'oui c'etait tres difficile' :lol:

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Reggie (did I see that you're actually Vic?). Awww, I love working with primary-school aged kids! I did some mentoring in college, and I really miss it! I'm sure you'll have a great time once you get to work in the school:) Do you have a specific grade you think you'll teach?

I like your plans A and B:lol: Whenever I go to Quebec I try to talk to them in French, but then they switch right over to English. Kind of frustrating, but I think they do appreciate me trying!

I'm 23.

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:09 PM
The end of that youtube video is just about my absolute favorite Richie thing!:inlove:

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Tess, good luck on your exams too:)

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Oksana calls me Vic (I don't mind) but my name is Vicky.

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Merci Lauren, I'll need it :lol:
How cute was that end:lol: And that georgous smile :inlove:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Good luck Tess or Bonne Chance as Richard would say but he'd say it at the speed of light!

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 09:14 PM
I went to school all day. Horrible :o Have 3 HUGE tests this week so I been really busy studying. The worst thing is, none of the subjects interest me. But unfortunately I still have to study *yawn*

:o
i'll have an exam at my english courses this Friday :retard:
and btw i've argued with Ann again :o we haven't talked for 4 days... we set up a record :rolleyes:

and i'm looking forward to watch tomorrow's Champions League matches :D :worship:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:15 PM
My best french is reserved for "je ne sais pas" and "je ne comprend pas!" I would use those a lot, and "voulez vous repetez plus lentiment svp!" yes, I'd get far in Paris.

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Way too cute! If only all his interviews were like that:drool:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I think he has aged so much since that. He's one stressed out individual, bless his little cotton socks and it's making him look older than 22. Although, I think a lot of the players look older, must be the sun exposure and the pressure, especially for poor Richard. I always think his parents expect a lot from him, not to mention everybody else.

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Really Oksana? What was it about this time?
btw, oksana, Russians always have nicknames right? Like Maria->masha. What's yours?

Right, yeah sorry. I forgot Je ne sais pas. Always comes in handy. Ah, when in Paris :lol:

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree Vicky. He looks so much older. And he has aged so much. And I like his hair WAY more back then than I do now. There's not as much volume and curls in it anymore:awww:

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:24 PM
bless his little cotton socks

:lol::lol:That was too funny!

Yeah, he does seem to have aged a lot since then. Can you even imagine the amount of pressure on him? I couldn't handle it!

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Really Oksana? What was it about this time?
btw, oksana, Russians always have nicknames right? Like Maria->masha. What's yours?

no reason again :o

yeah, i have some :p
Oksana - Oks, but u know in Russian Oksana is like Ksusha, so the majority of my friends and relatives call me Ksusha or just Ksu :p

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I think I've had enough studying/procrastinating...time to head home. It was nice talking and getting to know you guys better!:) Have a nice night:wavey:

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:30 PM
:lol: Okay Lauren! Bon soir et bonne chance pour demain ;) (see we'll get there:lol:)

:wavey:!

Brownie
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Merci! <--too tired to think of any more french than that;)

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Okay, Ksu it is :lol:

btw, I just discovered I only had 1 mistake in my English test :D 45 question and 1 wrong. I'm good :cool:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree, now that was the haircut, it looks so good there. I think his hair looks so much thinner and more Frizzy now. I hate to say it girls, but i think he will go bald at quite a young age. Wearing caps all the time probably doesn't help, they must rub and push his hairline back. We really ARE the hair police aren't we?

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:36 PM
^we're girls :o We're supposed to be the hairpolice. Without us there wouldn't be a well cut guy around:lol:

I didn't want to say it first, but I agree. I can see him going bald at a young age :awww:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm watching one of the music channels, they are playing the George Michael and Aretha Franklin song, "I knew you were waiting" and George Michael has stolen Richard's hair!!!!!!!!! Everytime I see George Michael now it makes me laugh.

Oksan4ik
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Okay, Ksu it is :lol:

btw, I just discovered I only had 1 mistake in my English test :D 45 question and 1 wrong. I'm good :cool:

;) :p

wow,it's great! my congrats :hug: :D

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Richard, the 80's called and they want their hair back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
The first time I heard that expression it was on Will&Grace. And it just cracked me up the way Jack said that :rolls:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I love Will and Grace, did you see where Karen told Grace to put her shoes back on the Mayflower where they belonged! As for Richard's and his unique sense of "style", don't even get me started on the shell suit tracksuit bottoms tucked into his socks and trainers! God, he needs a woman to teach him about hair and clothes. The secret with men is to let them think that any self improvement is all their own idea but of course we pull the strings.

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I love Will & Grace too. There are reruns here everyday, so I watch it all the time:lol:
God, he needs a woman to teach him about hair and clothes.
Volunteers... anyone?

The secret with men is to let them think that any self improvement is all their own idea but of course we pull the strings.
Well, I don't have that wisdom yet :lol: But I will keep it in the back of my mind. I'm sure it'll come in handy one day:lol:

reggie1
11-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Well, can that volunteer also tell him to stop tucking his t-shirt in and to lower the waist band on said tracksuit bottoms or trousers please!

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Sure, will do :lol:

Tess Gray
11-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Okay guys, I'm out! :)
Off to bed, got an early and long day tomorrow.

I will (maybe) talk to y'all tomorrow!
:wavey::hug: Nighty night!

Brownie
11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Hi Vicky:)...figured I'd respond over here so I wasn't being off-topic in the other thread. My day's going pretty well so far. I voted this morning :yeah:, have been studying since, and I'm just waiting around for my exam in 2 hours:p

How has your day been?

RFK
11-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh dear - I missed all the conversation last night about hair and Will and Grace! :lol:
I do worry about his hair, I think he needs to let it out in the open a bit more often, maybe he could try without the cap when he's playing indoors as there is really no point to it! It definately has been looking thinner recently, I think he needs some volumising shampoo!
And not that I disaprove of his style, as there are a lot worse people out there, I would love to dress him! Not physically dress him (although I wouldn't object!), but just choose some clothes with lower waistbands and maybe branch out a little from permanent Lacoste!

reggie1
11-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi girls, the news on here is that Obama will more or less walk it, I'm excited to see what happens. Whoever gets in, no doubt Gordon Brown will want to be their best friend to cement the "special relationship" between us and the U.S. The only problem I have with this special relationship is that it's the reason we now always get nul point in the Eurovision song contest. The rest of Europe don't like us because we play with the big boys! (Iraq war etc..) Every year I watch it and go to bed in a right strop because we get hardly any points and I always vow I'm never watching it again but I always do. I should train as a political commentator! :lol:
Yes, let's get him out of the Lacoste stuff, I'd be happy with Primark RFK, just to see a change!!!!!

Brownie
11-04-2008, 07:19 PM
I would be absolutely shocked if McCain won. You'll have to explain the Eurovision song thing. I don't think I've ever heard of it before! and Primark! Wow, I'm so out of the European loop:unsure:

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Ah Obama. Well, no offense to any McCainvoters around here, but I really hope Obama will win:)! And I'll be up all night to see it happen:lol:

Richie's hair. I think it's worrying all of us. Maybe for his bday we should give him a giftbag full of different shampoos:D Nivea, L'oreal, Fred Perry, John Frieda...

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Eurovision is CLASSIC :D I love it. I watch it everyyear. Eventhough we haven't been in the finals for a few years :lol:

It's just a 'singing' contest where almost every European country participates in. And than one country wins and gets to host it the next year.

Brownie
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I think the hat is the biggest culprit to his receding hairline...maybe he should start wearing a headband to keep his hair out of his face (or maybe not because I'm trying to picture that, and laughing my head off:lol:)

Do the countries sing random songs?

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Please no headband...:lol: I get a Johnnie Mac flashback.

Yes they have to sing a song especially written for the Eurovision. So e.g. Leona Lewis cannot enter with Bleeding Love :lol: She could enter with a new song.

reggie1
11-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Yes but we always sing the best ones (in my unbiased opinion, naturally). A lot of Eastern block countries win now and I think, well if Estonia and the like's music so great where are all the Estonian artists on the international arena?? hmm?? Yes,the U.k charts are flooded with songs from the Ukraine and Poland etc...! (no, I'm not bitter! :lol:) Actually, I think it's really funny, our host Terry Wogan, has threatened to quit because of all the political voting! He goes off to bed in huff every year like me.
Primark is a great discount brand shop, possibly a bit like Old Navy but cheaper, not particularly ethical though as a lot of their stuff is made in sweat shops so it's dirt cheap. But then that's the case with designer brands too.

reggie1
11-04-2008, 07:45 PM
It would be the end of Leona's career if she did! And nul bloody point even though she is Leona Lewis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 07:48 PM
And if you are wondering who is representing Holland in Moscow... :o these guys:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=wTj2oliIChE&feature=related

(And yes they are gay:lol:)

Brownie
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
NO WAY! Sooooooooooooooooo funny!:rolls: Poor Holland:hug:

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
They are UBErpopular over here :lol: They sold out 10(!) concerts (125.000 people intotal:lol:) And they have their own reality show. I have to admit. They are hilarious :rolls: Sorta like Will&Grace only then reallife:lol: These guys are really funny... But Eurovision? Lord help us :lol:

Brownie
11-04-2008, 08:08 PM
They do look hilarious! Well, I'm off to take my exam:p:p Have a nice night:)

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Bonne chance:D! Merci:)!

tennis lover
11-04-2008, 08:36 PM
I think the hat is the biggest culprit to his receding hairline...maybe he should start wearing a headband to keep his hair out of his face (or maybe not because I'm trying to picture that, and laughing my head off:lol:)
Andy has the same problem. :sobbing: my 2 favourites are both going bald, I feel responsible somehow! :o :lol:

Eurovision is the campest thing ever. :o No-one in the UK really takes it seriously any more because the voting is so political. Basically it's a bunch of cheesy songs and the eastern european countries take it in turns to win and host it. :shrug: ;) (it's usually the most outrageous act that wins)

reggie1
11-04-2008, 08:43 PM
But I take it seriously!!! I think it's outrageous, I can feel another letter of compaint coming on to Luxembourg or what ever country/body organises it. If we pull out and take our money with us, they'll be laughing on the otherside of their faces next time they freeze us out of the points. mwohaha, no like I said, I'm really not bitter.

reggie1
11-04-2008, 08:47 PM
OH My God!!!! They are camper than christmas but I love it. Well, at least they won't be scruffy!

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
:hug: Poor girl. Personally I think it's just way too predictable. We always get 10 or 12 point from Belgium and we give them to them :lol: That's about all the points we get.

Oh well... :awww:

Schu
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Crazy last few days for me. I've been out of the tennis loop completely - didn't know who was in Bercy semis or finals until today - I figured Tsonga would win but really wished Nalbandian would have (not that I'm jealous there are 2 Frenchies in TMC and neither are Richie ;)) oh well next year...

Hopefully the French press (and our "favorite" Richard "fan") will heap their expectations on Tsonga now and Richard can just play his beautiful tennis and enjoy himself on the court.

Now moving on to the discussion of dressing Richard, which could be quite fun :devil: - the cap, the hair, the hoodies, the everything LaCoste, to me is an indication of how much of a teenager he still is. Take it from an "older woman" Richie - cut the hair (I LOVED his 2007 French Open cut when he ALSO played without the cap. He was a disaster on the court then but he did look more mature and :drool:), and perhaps a nice casual blazer once in a while (like Federer) instead of those LaCoste hoodies EVERYWHERE! And does he own any shoes besides "sneakers"? I love LaCoste stuff and have a ton of LaCoste shirts and a few skirts but enough is enough. He looks amazing in anything and even with that damn cap on but time for him to look like a man instead of an 18 year old.

Well ladies, looks like it is going to be a LOONG off season if we have ALREADY disengerated into a discussion of Richard's wardrobe.

GOt to go vote. I will be shocked if Obama doesn't win as all the polls have pretty much given it to Obama already. I wish they didn't have a thousand different polls for weeks before the election. They have to impact the way some people will or will not vote.

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 09:06 PM
YAY Obama :banana: Definitely vote :thumbs:

How annoying is that Richie21?! Seriously, not just on this Forum also in GM he/she cannot seem to stop bashing Richie :(

Okay back to his wardrobe. I agree a nice blazer every now and again won't hurt him. With some pretty jeans (and not always a tracksuit) he could look even more :inlove: than he already does.

And we all seem to agree that he had to play without the cap. like you said the RG 07 was really hot. Everything was pretty much perfect. Hopefully one way or another he'll hear what we have to say :lol:

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
btw, does anyone here watch WTA? Did you see Nando Verdasco on Ivanovic's bench:lol: ANd still denying they're together...

reggie1
11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Yes,but Richard's wardrobe is so much more topical, don't you think?! I couldn't agree more, his wardrobe to me says badly dressed foreign exchange student!

RFK
11-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I think he would look really nice in a good pair of jeans and a shirt. Not too casual or too smart, just not more sportswear!!

reggie1
11-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I didn't know they were together. Fernando verdasco, now that's a haircut!!!!!!! Can't see Richie with a mohawk though. Fill me in on verdasco and ivanovich Tess? I thought he had a long time gf?

Tess Gray
11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Exactly RFK (what's your real name?:)) no mroe sportswear :lol:. You were away on a trip aswell, yeah? How was it:)?

I don't know, V? He had a longtime girlfriend? Well anyway. I don't know if you've seen the pictures of the Beijing Players Party? He and Ana were all over eachother, constantly laughing and stuff :lol: The same as Kuzzie and Pics by the way... :lol: lotta love in Beijing.

RFK
11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Hey, sorry I never really introduced myself properly, I'm Katie. Yeah, it was great thank you!
I've heard some rumours about them too - how curious!?

EternalxJourney
11-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Crazy last few days for me. I've been out of the tennis loop completely - didn't know who was in Bercy semis or finals until today - I figured Tsonga would win but really wished Nalbandian would have (not that I'm jealous there are 2 Frenchies in TMC and neither are Richie ;)) oh well next year...

Hopefully the French press (and our "favorite" Richard "fan") will heap their expectations on Tsonga now and Richard can just play his beautiful tennis and enjoy himself on the court.

Now moving on to the discussion of dressing Richard, which could be quite fun :devil: - the cap, the hair, the hoodies, the everything LaCoste, to me is an indication of how much of a teenager he still is. Take it from an "older woman" Richie - cut the hair (I LOVED his 2007 French Open cut when he ALSO played without the cap. He was a disaster on the court then but he did look more mature and :drool:), and perhaps a nice casual blazer once in a while (like Federer) instead of those LaCoste hoodies EVERYWHERE! And does he own any shoes besides "sneakers"? I love LaCoste stuff and have a ton of LaCoste shirts and a few skirts but enough is enough. He looks amazing in anything and even with that damn cap on but time for him to look like a man instead of an 18 year old.

Well ladies, looks like it is going to be a LOONG off season if we have ALREADY disengerated into a discussion of Richard's wardrobe.

GOt to go vote. I will be shocked if Obama doesn't win as all the polls have pretty much given it to Obama already. I wish they didn't have a thousand different polls for weeks before the election. They have to impact the way some people will or will not vote.

The polls are such bullshit. How the hell do they know if there's been a 2.4% shift in favor of McCain or Obama in a 24-hr period? Ridiculous.

Schu
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
like you said the RG 07 was really hot. Everything was pretty much perfect. Hopefully one way or another he'll hear what we have to say :lol:

Perfect, except his tennis at RG - seems like the cap is a security blanket. He put it back on for Wimbly and look what happened. but hey since '08 was so crappy with it on, maybe ...

Puschkin
11-04-2008, 10:25 PM
and perhaps a nice casual blazer once in a while (like Federer) instead of those LaCoste hoodies EVERYWHERE!

I like the hoodies, very much so, but I have quite a few myself, maybe that's why. :o But I also liked him in blue 2007 when everbody else complained about it.

True, but better to talk about his wardrobe or hair than repeating every day that he has no mentality, no forehand and no fighting spirit. :rolleyes:

As for him constantly wearing Lacoste, it is probably a contract affair.

Schu
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I like the hoodies, very much so, but I have quite a few myself, maybe that's why. :o But I also liked him in blue 2007 when everbody else complained about it.

True, but better to talk about his wardrobe or hair than repeating every day that he has no mentality, no forehand and no fighting spirit. :rolleyes:

As for him constantly wearing Lacoste, it is probably a contract affair.

I'm a 2007 blue lover too! although AO 2008 dreamsicle is a close second, just not the blah white except a Wimbly.

Lacoste contract, maybe so, but EVERYTHING - does he even wear LaCoste underwear? oh no, we saw that in the BUcharest nighclub after DC :D. O.K. the conversation is really going down hill now.

NOw to tennis - RIchie at #24 behind Almagro, Cilic, FISH (whom he beat TWICE), Berdych, Robredo - ARGH!!!! Guess this belongs in the "Forget the crappy 2008 year" thread.

Brownie
11-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I think I said it before, but I also really like Richard in blue (I started following tennis after his blue shirt phase, so I gladly have him start wearing a blue shirt again:)). Goes really well with his hair color.

And for the Americans, have you seen the "magic map" on CNN (and also featured on SNL)? That thing cracks me up! The guy who runs it gets way too enthusiastic about it:lol:

Schu
11-04-2008, 11:49 PM
And for the Americans, have you seen the "magic map" on CNN (and also featured on SNL)? That thing cracks me up! The guy who runs it gets way too enthusiastic about it:lol:

Yes, John King really does get off on his CNN map doesn't he. Speaking of the magic map, don't get me started on the whole Electorial College issue. I missed the SNL version of the magic map. I'm sure going to miss Tina Fay/Sarah Palin on SNL, unless of course McCain pulls out a miracle.

Brownie
11-05-2008, 12:01 AM
The map section is with about 5:20 left:
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-freds-mapfix-it/784121/

I'll miss the Palin sketches too! I think I remember hearing that SNL had its best ratings ever on one episode this fall.

The electoral college...hmmmm, I've probably learned about it in at least 4 different classes and it still confuses the heck out of me.

reggie1
11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm really glad Obama got in, I just hope some religious/racist nutter zealot type doesn't assasinate him!
On the much more important subject of clothes, I like the red Lacoste hoodie that Richard wore for Davis Cup. If he ever read this forum, he'd think what a bunch of bloody airheads!!

Puschkin
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
If he ever read this forum, he'd think what a bunch of bloody airheads!!
Are we not? ;)

reggie1
11-05-2008, 10:30 AM
We are, that's fo shoeure! I love how he says that. He's got what i would call a real maurice chevalier accent.

reggie1
11-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Ooh, My signature worked, it's only taken me about 8 attempts, unfortunately colours were a bit beyond me!

Brownie
11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Awww, you have a lot of the same favorites as me :). I think the easiest way to change signature colors is to click on "switch editor mode" in the upper right-hand corner. Yay, Obama won!!:bounce:

Tess Gray
11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Oh my gosh... I am sooooo tired right now :rolls: Up all night to see Obama win (YAY :D :banana:) I just LOVED his speech. Everybody crying and when I saw Jesse Jackson I even choked up a little myself... and Barack aint even my president:lol:

reggie1
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks Lauren, I might try that, God knows what will happen if i try to create an Avatar. The world will end!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schu
11-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh my gosh... I am sooooo tired right now :rolls: Up all night to see Obama win (YAY :D :banana:) I just LOVED his speech. Everybody crying and when I saw Jesse Jackson I even choked up a little myself... and Barack aint even my president:lol:

His speech was fantastic - set the tone for change but was not a radical BS speech. It's very encouraging to see such interest in this election around the world and hopefully his victory will send a message to the rest of the world. (This post was for Reggie1, my non-airhead contribution).

Now back to being an airhead...

Not too excited about the Master's as NONE of my favs are in it. On the bright side I don't need to wake up WAAAY too early to see a match but will watch it if any are on at a decent time. I really miss RIchie not being there, he looked SOOO yummy in his Shanghai suit last year (I'm a sucker for a hot guy in a nice suit) and his tennis wasn't bad either ;).

Tess Gray
11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Right, we don't want to get involved into smart conversations :o People might get the wrong impression.

I don't nescecarily know what i think is his best outfit... I'm not sure. I would like for him to wear brighter colours on court.
And off court, a little bit of style won't hurt :lol:

Oksan4ik
11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
i'm very happy Obama won :inlove: :worship:

Tess Gray
11-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I think the world is :lol:

Hiya Ksu:wavey:

Oksan4ik
11-05-2008, 06:12 PM
yeah :lol:

how's ur day? :p

Tess Gray
11-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Just slept for a few hours... feel more awake now:lol:

Did ana speak already?:lol:

Brownie
11-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey:wavey: How's everyone today?:)

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Lauren I'm fine:)! How r u?
How'd your tests go?

Brownie
11-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm doing pretty well. I'm getting over a cold and feeling lazy:p My tests went well too, thanks for asking! How were yours?

reggie1
11-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Hi girls, everyone o.k? Tess and Oks, go to video thread and look up that video of Richard on youtube, sorry, I couldn't post link, but it's really cute. Me and Lauren liked it.

Brownie
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Such a great video! He really handled the embarrassing questions well.

How's your day going Vicky?

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Okay good! My test wasn't great... Too hard :lol: didnt really understand it.

Yeah V, I was just about to watch it. What do you mean you couldn't post the link? You just have to Copy Paste the URL:)

~*BGT*~
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok girls.... I sent my sister that video I put in the video thread... after thorough consideration :lol: she has given me her verdict. Are you ready? ;)

danielle... he is NOT SHY AND MISUNDERSTOOD... he is NOW and forever ... GAY!!!!!!

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 05:49 PM
So your sister is absolutely sure?

Gay. Hmmm. I just have to get used to the idea now. So moving on to the next most important thing... When will he come out and be a gay icon to the world of sports:D?

~*BGT*~
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe he already is and doesn't know it. :rolls:

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh dear :lol:

Well, I won't truly believe it until he comes out or if pictures with evidence magically appear :o I guess that's not going to happen any time soon :lol::awww:

Schu
11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Oh dear :lol:

Well, I won't truly believe it until he comes out or if pictures with evidence magically appear :o I guess that's not going to happen any time soon :lol::awww:

Really, as Jerry McGuire would say, "Show me the Money".

reggie1
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't think he is actually. I think he's a ladies man but very subtle. So much so that you don't really see it. Perhaps you need to show your sister some more videos. Why does she think he is? i think French men are just a bit effeminite sometimes (sorry, well compared to English men, I must admit though, I think Legardere and Seb Grosjean sound as camp as a row of tents!) Rich does like his pink tops though!

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Exactly :lol:

But I heard form several other gaymen and women that their gaydar didn't pling? So, now I'm all confused :sobbing:

reggie1
11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I was fine thanks Lauren until that earth shattering peice of news!!!!!!!!! And Tess, me and technology, COMPUTER SAYS NO!!!!!!

reggie1
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
It's Ping Tess!

Brownie
11-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Awwwww, Vicky. Yeah, it is ping:lol:...was the word gaydar first coined on The Office or has it been around much longer than that, and I just didn't know?

~*BGT*~
11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I don't think he is actually. I think he's a ladies man but very subtle. So much so that you don't really see it. Perhaps you need to show your sister some more videos. Why does she think he is? i think French men are just a bit effeminite sometimes (sorry, well compared to English men, I must admit though, I think Legardere and Seb Grosjean sound as camp as a row of tents!) Rich does like his pink tops though!

I've never heard those expressions before. What do they mean. :lol:

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Right :lol:... They didn't ping:lol: In holland we say pling.
Isn't it weird that even small things like that are different in each country? :scratch: :lol:

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Lauren, I think it was around longer. It's been used here for a long time:p

reggie1
11-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Gaydar has been around ever since I can rember and camp means gay/effeminite and you camp in a tent. That's where it comes from. I don't think he's gay, he is shy with women and gay men are usually very comfortable with women, no chemistry or sexual tension so to speak. Why does your sister think he is? Our computers will be red hot in our various corners of the world. I reckon us lot would have such a laugh if we ever met up!

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I reckon us lot would have such a laugh if we ever met up!

I'm all for it:lol: I know Karin has met up several time with MTF'ers to go to tourneys (y'all know Karin? An infamous Fedal fan. Her username right now is Stupid Dream)

Brownie
11-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Haha, I was just browsing the photos thread and came across this: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6710272&postcount=4426 Soooo dorky and random! Sweatsuit and the leather chair just don't look right together!:rolls:

How fun would it be if we were all on the same continent some day and could cheer Richie on in a tournament!

~*BGT*~
11-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I plan on going to RG and Wimbledon next summer.... anybody wanna meet up? :banana:

I'd love to meet up with Vicky and Dre... anybody ever watch their tennis videos on youtube? :rolls:

http://www.youtube.com/user/vickyanddre

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I would love to meet up @ RF or Wimbledon, just not sure if my school scheduel permits it:p... Would be awesome though :banana:
I'll watch Vicky & Andre now:lol:

Brownie
11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I so want to go to Wimbledon or RG, but I'll probably have to settle on the Roger's Cup in Montreal next summer (which I'm super excited about, I've never actually seen professional tennis live before:eek:).

I think I watched Vicky and Dre doing tennis impressions before...pretty funny stuff:)

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I've been to several Challengers, and besides that been to Rotterdam 3 years and also to 's Hertoghebnbosch:) It's really nice to see live tennis. Different than on tv.

Danielle V&D are really funny:rolls: Love the one with Andy & Brooklyn:lol:

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:03 PM
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=xoqP37nRNmU

I LOVE this one, from French and Saunders :lol::rolls:

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Is Rotterdam the tourney the Djokers bought and are moving to Serbia? I heard you don't really get a feel for how hard they are hitting the ball until you see it live...

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:10 PM
No that's Amersfoort:). Rotterdam has actually just been upgraded and turned into quite a high tournament (yay:D). So more good players'll come this year!

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Ohhhh right! That must be exciting for Rotterdam:) Just watched French and Saunders, soooo funny:lol:! I've never heard of them before, I'll have to look up more videos w/ them!

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah, typically British humor:lol: Not sure if they're still on tv atm. But they are very funny:lol:

Where exactly do you live?

RFK
11-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Just catching up with the latest news - If he is gay, I would be very suprised! But you never know! Anyone got any reliable gay male friends that can judge him for us?
Until the rumours hit, I wouldn't have even considered it! For starters, his hair is too messy for a gay man! (Sorry, I'm bringing up hair again!!)
I am hoping to go to Wimbledon after my exams next year - I hope everything goes according to plan because I would love to go.

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Haha, Tess, you know what I did last night? I was determined to practice reading French (like read a whole article and understand it, not just skim it), so I picked a tennis article from lequipe.fr. Unfortunatly, I picked an interview transcript from Gilles Simon, and he's sooo long winded, it took me forever to get through:lol:. Haha, sorry dorky story, just thought I'd share it:)

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
I live in Maine...

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:21 PM
True, his hair/clothes don't really scream gay, do they?

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
RFK, well I guess Danielle's sister is a reliable gay? I think we need a second opinion:lol: (btw, what was your name again? So sorry I forgot:awww: )

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Good Lauren:D who knows, one day you might actually understand even Gilles' interviews :lol: In Maine? That's actually really funny. Because until 3 days ago, I had NEVER heard of Maine :awww: Didn't know it was a state (a)

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Haha, no problem! It's one of the smallest states population-wise. Sometimes people say, "Wait, I thought that was part of Canada". It's way up in the northeastern part of the country. How did you happen to hear about it 3 days ago?

RFK
11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
It's Katie, and don't worry - I'm not great with names either!
I guess it's just one of life's great mysteries. :lol:

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Katie:wavey: I don't think we've "met" yet:)

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Okay Katie:lol: I'll remember this time :awww: Promise!

I guess it had something to do with elections. And We had one of those maps of the US and were looking at all the states with their abbreviations (is that how you write is, not sure). And we just couldn't figure that one out and when we checked it was Maine and all of us had never heard of it. It's just one of those states you don't hear much about I guess :shrug: Just like Maryland:), although that one is slightly more known.

Brownie
11-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, not much happens in Maine in terms of big news (which is kind of nice). Oh jeez, I have to run to work at a blood drive and I'm kind of late:bolt:. Talk to you girls later!

RFK
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Hello there! :bigwave:
I'd better be off now, hope everyone has a nice evening though.

Tess Gray
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Bye Lauren & Katie :wavey: :hug:

Oksan4ik
11-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Tess?'re u here?...:unsure:

reggie1
11-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Too damn scruffy to be gay in my opinion! Hi Oks, I'm off to bed now. What do you think of BGT's sister's prognosis on Richard's sexuality?

Oksan4ik
11-06-2008, 09:42 PM
hi Vicky :hug: :wavey:

haha :lol: maybe for someone Richie is a gay, but for me - he isn't and never will be :p
all that i can say - he's still a child, and his parents are guilty in it IMHO :rolleyes:

Oksan4ik
11-06-2008, 09:43 PM
of course, if it is true, that they have big influence on him....

~*BGT*~
11-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I've been to several Challengers, and besides that been to Rotterdam 3 years and also to 's Hertoghebnbosch:) It's really nice to see live tennis. Different than on tv.

Danielle V&D are really funny:rolls: Love the one with Andy & Brooklyn:lol:

"You're pregnant? With a baby?"

"You are NOT quoting Knocked Up right now.." :rolls:

I like the red carpet one. The impersonation of Henin and Jankovic are so funny... Ivanovic is too. :lol:

Is Rotterdam the tourney the Djokers bought and are moving to Serbia? I heard you don't really get a feel for how hard they are hitting the ball until you see it live...

I went to DC this year (USA vs France) and they hit the ball massively!! Of course it was an indoor court and the court was really fast, but Blake's FH sounded like bombs. :eek: And Richie's BH up close :drool: and of course, the man himself. :lick:

RFK, well I guess Danielle's sister is a reliable gay? I think we need a second opinion:lol: (btw, what was your name again? So sorry I forgot:awww: )

She's not gay... just has a lot of gay friends. :D

Good Lauren:D who knows, one day you might actually understand even Gilles' interviews :lol: In Maine? That's actually really funny. Because until 3 days ago, I had NEVER heard of Maine :awww: Didn't know it was a state (a)

Until last year, I didn't know Sydney wasn't the capital of Australia. It's Canberra. I had never even HEARD of Canberra before... let alone knew it was a country's capital. I felt so dumb and GM was making fun of me. :sad:

I live in Maine...

When I was little I wanted to live in Maine. I don't know why, but something always endeared Maine to me. :awww: I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.. south Louisiana. When I was maybe 5, I wanted to live in Shreveport, LA (which is in North LA) because I thought they had blizzards. Turns out, Shreveport is just as hot and non-snow friendly as Baton Rouge. :rolls:

We last had snow January 2, 2002 and before that... 1988. :eek: :eek:

tennis lover
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
wow, you guys talk and lot and it's really confusing to follow! :lol:

as for Richard being gay, I don't think someone judging a video is that reliable (no offence Danielle ;) ) and I don't think there is any point in speculating any more. If Richard is gay, he will come out when it suits him and not before then (or he'll keep it secret forever :shrug: ) so until that happens or we have some proof that he is not gay (i.e a girlfriend) we will be none the wiser no matter how much we talk about it! :)

anyone who wants to go to Wimbledon (or any live tennis for that matter) definitely should, I have been for the last 12 years and I love it, it's one (or however many I can afford) of my favourite days of the year. :dance:

Schu
11-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Most of my straight male friends think ANY guy from France is gay. Probably just those uncouth American males who are jealous because us American women go apeshit over Frenchmen with their sexy accent.

reggie1
11-07-2008, 12:33 PM
Is Daniella your sister bgt, is she gay? I'm a bit ,lost did she say what makes her think he is. I'm interested in what pings her dar in general when somebdy isn't obviously effiminate and I don't think he is. English men are like America Men, they think all french men are gay too. Lauren, love your avitar, the picture really makes me chuckle because the way they are holding their little fingers is a sign in England for if a man isn't very well endowed!! (ahem)

~*BGT*~
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Is Daniella your sister bgt, is she gay? I'm a bit ,lost did she say what makes her think he is. I'm interested in what pings her dar in general when somebdy isn't obviously effiminate and I don't think he is. English men are like America Men, they think all french men are gay too. Lauren, love your avitar, the picture really makes me chuckle because the way they are holding their little fingers is a sign in England for if a man isn't very well endowed!! (ahem)

I'm Danielle. :p No, my sister is not gay but has a lot of gay friends. I will ask her why she thinks he's gay though.

reggie1
11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
:lol:Thanks Danielle. I've always known you as BGT. Does that stand for anything? Explain to your sister that it's a matter of the utmost urgency for us girls on the forum! ;)

reggie1
11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Tennis lover? What's your real name? Are you living in Wales?

reggie1
11-07-2008, 04:00 PM
On youtube, there is a video which was added 1st nov where he is called up to a platform. Is it for this? I can't post link but if you go to "relevance" and choose date added it's just called "Gasquet". He looks his usual shy self. So cute in his anorak and scarf.

reggie1
11-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I meant to put this on 2009 crappy season forum.

Brownie
11-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Yay! I just figured out how to multi-quote:bounce:

Until last year, I didn't know Sydney wasn't the capital of Australia.

When I was little I wanted to live in Maine. I don't know why, but something always endeared Maine to me. :awww: I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.. south Louisiana. When I was maybe 5, I wanted to live in Shreveport, LA (which is in North LA) because I thought they had blizzards. Turns out, Shreveport is just as hot and non-snow friendly as Baton Rouge. :rolls:

We last had snow January 2, 2002 and before that... 1988. :eek: :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much about the whole Canberra thing. I had a music teacher once who couldn't even place Alaska on a map:rolleyes: Awww, that's cute that you thought N. Louisiana would have blizzards. I can't imagine living anywhere warm enough that it barely ever snows! I think we actually had a few snow flurries a couple of weeks ago! Have you ever had a chance to visit Maine?

Lauren, love your avitar, the picture really makes me chuckle because the way they are holding their little fingers is a sign in England for if a man isn't very well endowed!! (ahem)

Thanks:) Haha, I never knew that about that hand sign...I went to a concert last night and I guess there must have been a lot of not-so-well-endowed guys there because a lot of ppl were making that sign:lol:

I can't post link but if you go to "relevance" and choose date added it's just called "Gasquet".

Still having problems with the technology, eh? Try highlighting the web address at the top of the web browser, copying it, and pasting it into a message.

Puschkin
11-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Explain to your sister that it's a matter of the utmost urgency for us girls on the forum!

Quite frankly, I find your obsession with this issue quite annoying. :o Would you want to have your sexual orientation to be discussed on the Internet? :rolleyes: Having said that, I don't care if Richard is gay or straight, but he has a right to personal privacy, and his fans should repect that more than anyone else.

reggie1
11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry Puschkin, just a bit of humour between us girls. I don't care if he's gay or not.

reggie1
11-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I think maybe my sense of humour just doesn't translate very well, I'm being ironic/sarcastic. Like when I've said I'm so good with technology when I'm crap at it, when I said to Lauren, that I was fine until BGT's earth shattering news and when I said it's of the utmost urgency, when of course it isn't. I really think all of the comments over the last day or so from us have been humorous and really tongue in cheek and if Richard were to ever read them, (which I'm sure he never would) he would laugh too as they are all along the line of "oh, no, he's too gorgeous to be gay". He handles it himself with an ironic sense of humour and I don't think he would be offended.

~*BGT*~
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Awww, that's cute that you thought N. Louisiana would have blizzards. I can't imagine living anywhere warm enough that it barely ever snows! I think we actually had a few snow flurries a couple of weeks ago! Have you ever had a chance to visit Maine?

No, the furthest north I've ever been was Hershey Park, Penn.

:lol:Thanks Danielle. I've always known you as BGT. Does that stand for anything? Explain to your sister that it's a matter of the utmost urgency for us girls on the forum! ;)

BGT stands for my old tennis forum name blackgirltennis. Everyone would called me BGT so I use that on all my forums now. :)

tennis lover
11-08-2008, 02:35 AM
Tennis lover? What's your real name? Are you living in Wales?
I'm Jo and I come from Wales but I'm actually at uni in England so I'm mostly living there! :awww: ;) I'm in Wales right now though, going to watch the Wales-South Africa rugby match tomorrow, can't wait! :banana:

~*BGT*~
11-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Jo the player, Jo the poster and Joe my big brother... I like a lot of Jo's :p

Jozie
11-08-2008, 08:45 AM
I am Jo too... :wavey:

My actual name is Joanne. I was born in England, and moved to South Africa many years ago with my family.

The city of Johannesburg (I live in the northern suburbs) is referred to as 'Jozie'.

And.... Jo (player) is coming to Johannesburg in Feb, for the South African Tennis Open. :yippee: I live only 10 minutes away from where the tournament will be held.
Gosh, hope Richie will coming too. No idea what his schedule is for 2009.

Brownie
11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Jo and Joanne:wavey::wavey:

Oksan4ik
11-08-2008, 02:56 PM
many Jos in Richie's thread,many Ninas in Murray's :p

~*BGT*~
11-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Oksana... let me ask a dumb question. :o Is Russia considered a European country or an Asian country?

Jozie
11-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Hiya....:wavey:

Jozie
11-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm Jo and I come from Wales but I'm actually at uni in England so I'm mostly living there! :awww: ;) I'm in Wales right now though, going to watch the Wales-South Africa rugby match tomorrow, can't wait! :banana:

Sorry Jo .... the Welsh gave our boys in green a hard fought game.
We are happy for the win never the less.

tennis lover
11-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Jo the player, Jo the poster and Joe my big brother... I like a lot of Jo's :p
:lol: I always get confused when people write Jo for Tsonga because firstly I think they mean me! :lol: That's why I always refer to him as Tsonga or Jo-Wilfried! ;)
I am Jo too... :wavey:

My actual name is Joanne. I was born in England, and moved to South Africa many years ago with my family.
yeah, my name is Joanne as well! :lol: but everyone calls me Jo or some other nickname. :p
:wavey: you're Lauren right? there are loads of new people in here recently, I can't keep up! :lol:
Sorry Jo .... the Welsh gave our boys in green a hard fought game.
We are happy for the win never the less.
:awww: We were so close to scoring a try near the end but we kept making stupid mistakes. It was a good match though, it was nice to see it live (despite the fact that my friend was wearing a SA top next to me :ras: ;) )

Tess Gray
11-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Until last year, I didn't know Sydney wasn't the capital of Australia. It's Canberra. I had never even HEARD of Canberra before... let alone knew it was a country's capital. I felt so dumb and GM was making fun of me. :sad:
Sydney is not Australia's capitol? :awww: Damn. I heard of canberra before, never in the world I would have thought it was the capitol :rolls:

Most of my straight male friends think ANY guy from France is gay. Probably just those uncouth American males who are jealous because us American women go apeshit over Frenchmen with their sexy accent.
They are way more 'metro' than Americans are. I think western European men are more are more comfortable with their 'female' side. Buying all kind of lotions and stuff :lol:

Sorry, I meant to put this on 2009 crappy season forum.
There's an 'Edit' button and that way you can edit your post and also delete it;)

I think maybe my sense of humour just doesn't translate very well, I'm being ironic/sarcastic. Like when I've said I'm so good with technology when I'm crap at it, when I said to Lauren, that I was fine until BGT's earth shattering news and when I said it's of the utmost urgency, when of course it isn't. I really think all of the comments over the last day or so from us have been humorous and really tongue in cheek and if Richard were to ever read them, (which I'm sure he never would) he would laugh too as they are all along the line of "oh, no, he's too gorgeous to be gay". He handles it himself with an ironic sense of humour and I don't think he would be offended.
well, he is too cute to be gay isn't he :shrug: :awww: And dont worry, I think all of us understand your humor here;):lol:

reggie1
11-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi girls and hello to the Jo and Joanne. Thanks for the techno tips girls, and Tess, I know you get me! Same silly sense of humour. Well, I've finally turned my husband into a metrosexual. I bought him some face moisturiser and he has FINALLY agreed to use it. I've been on at him for years to use some moisturiser and his reaction (probably typical of most English men) has always been "I'm not a tart you know!" He's only just started to wear aftershave and he's in his 30's!!!!!!!!

~*BGT*~
11-09-2008, 11:34 PM
reggie, I thought you were a teen like the rest of us. :rolls:

tennis lover
11-09-2008, 11:45 PM
hey, I'm not a teen! :ras:

Brownie
11-10-2008, 12:18 AM
:wavey: you're Lauren right? :lol:
Yup:)
hey, I'm not a teen! :ras:
Me either (thank goodness:lol:)
I bought him some face moisturiser and he has FINALLY agreed to use it. I've been on at him for years to use some moisturiser and his reaction (probably typical of most English men) has always been "I'm not a tart you know!"
I've been telling my boyfriend that the last few winters! He wonders why his face is so itchy, and he just won't believe me that moisturizer will help!:rolleyes: Maybe if I bought him some he'd actually use it...

~*BGT*~
11-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Well, 'we're young and not married' is what I mean. :)

reggie1
11-10-2008, 09:39 AM
No, I'm married with young children. Although, I've decided this year I might start to go backwards with my birthdays and become a year younger each year like Mariah Carey seems to! my husband used said moisturiser last night and came to bed with it all in blobs on his face. I laughed so much, he didn't realise that you need to rub it in, or he just couldn't be bothered. That pretty much sums men up in my opinion and you've got all this to come girls! :rolls:

Brownie
11-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Haha, too funny about the blobs :lol:

Don't worry Vicky, I didn't change the avatar because of what you said! I found this picture on my computer, said, awwww, pretty smile:inlove: and changed it...I will probably end up changing it back at some point because I love the old picture:)

Did you happen to catch Simon's match? It was soooooo good!

Schu
11-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Haha, too funny about the blobs :lol:

Don't worry Vicky, I didn't change the avatar because of what you said! I found this picture on my computer, said, awwww, pretty smile:inlove: and changed it...I will probably end up changing it back at some point because I love the old picture:)

Did you happen to catch Simon's match? It was soooooo good!

LOVE THAT AVATAR! Was that from the video interview with the Asian woman (chinesse I think) in Australia this year? the opening clips with his drop dead smile were to die for. And my favorite blue shirt too! :drool:

Brownie
11-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks:) Yup! I took screen caps from that video of his smiles because I found them irresistible:drool::lol:

Haha, I saw Tulasne wearing that blue shirt at Simon's match today!

reggie1
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
I watched the Simon watch, I love him, he fights for all his worth. He is so slight too compared to a lot of the other guys and that makes it all the more remarkable in my opinion. If you go onto RG.net and click the Toronto Album 2008 and picture 1 out of 71, there is the best picture of Richie I have ever seen!! :devil: Lauren, aka my secretary, where are you?! :lol:

Tess Gray
11-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh oh i want to look this one up:lol:

I'm in such a good mood today :cool: I woke up happy and it never stopped:D

Tess Gray
11-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Okay never mind :sobbing: I cannot seem to find the picture. I failed miserably :awww: Lauren, back to you.

I did however find this amazing pic :inlove:
http://www.richardgasquet.net/V3/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=topn&cat=14&pos=1

Brownie
11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Alrighty, let me see if I can find it;):lol:

Isn't it great to wake up happy?:)I woke up tired (5am is really early!) watched the match, nearly lost all my nerves, and then ended up happy:) He is really tiny, but he has such a great fighting spirit!

Tess Gray
11-10-2008, 04:17 PM
It's really nice to wake up happy! I had 3rd period at school which basically means you have to be at school at 10am:) Nice goodnight sleep:lol:

Where can you watch the matches? TennisChannel or do you have a livestreaming?:)

Brownie
11-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Is the first one the one you found? Very cute!

The second one has got to be one of my all-time favorites (sorry about the watermark). I love his eyes in both of them:inlove:

Brownie
11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
That must be so nice! When I was in high school, we did not have open campus, so we had to be to school at 7:45 every day:p

I've been watching the matches on the ATP tv online, but also dvring them on one of the US tv stations in case I can't watch it in the morning. Actually, tennis channel only has doubles coverage (which is making a lot of people mad, because locally the singles coverage channel isn't required to show the matches). I bet you could find most of them on justin.tv too.

Tess Gray
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Well it's different everyday. Sometimes 1st, or 2nd :shrug: 3rd is rare, so I had to enjoy it:lol:

BTW, I :inlove: that second pic. Really pretty;):lol:

Tess Gray
11-10-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah I'll give justintv a try!

reggie1
11-10-2008, 04:27 PM
It was Lauren, thank you. What would I do without you? I'd Just be rambling on about stuff that nobody else can find! xx

Brownie
11-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Wow, I just noticed the difference in his hair color between the 2 pics. Crazy!