The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

eck
02-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Haha, you watch it too? I was too impatient to wait so I watched all of season 1 on youtube and I'm keeping up with the UK with season 2. It's a great show, hilarious stuff.

Oh, for sure, I download it and watch it over and over again. :p

I wished I was as cool as the kids on Skins. :(

Haute
02-23-2008, 02:39 AM
I got tickets to DC you guys!!!!! I am so freakin' happy :sobbing: you can't even believe it. I tried to get tickets to the final but they sold out while I was in queue online. Besides, the great atmosphere, I think these are gonna be some great matches. I'm pulling for the US, but I'll be equally happy if France pulls it out, only if they go all the way to the title.

Would it look bad if I had an American flag painted on one cheek and the French flag painted on the other? :lol:

Now why would anyone ever want to support the US, in anything? :tape: :lol:

Getta
02-23-2008, 02:52 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself. ;)

Schu
02-23-2008, 03:43 AM

Hey, we're not all bad in the U.S. :D

~*BGT*~
02-23-2008, 03:49 AM

:awww:

Yeah, some of us have morals.. :rolleyes:

Getta
02-23-2008, 04:05 AM
If you ask me, I was joking.

Most Americans I've met were just wonderful people. :D

Ann :hug:

Yeah, some of us have morals.. :rolleyes:

Danielle :dance:

~*BGT*~
02-23-2008, 04:52 AM
Greeks seem like very fun-loving and happy people. :dance: I wanna vacation there. :D

Schu
02-23-2008, 05:27 AM
If you ask me, I was joking.

Most Americans I've met were just wonderful people. :D

Ann :hug:

Danielle :dance:

Knew you were :wavey:

Allure
02-23-2008, 05:49 AM

:haha:

Some athletes can be asses *cough*Roddick*cough* but some are cool too. I know we have a bad reputation over here. :p

Ennaid
02-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I didn't. I heard that they performed. It's on youtube but I haven't seen it yet. Who are the Klaxons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaxons

Basically a nu-rave, psychedelic British band. Not everyones cup of tea :p

~*BGT*~
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
:haha:

Some athletes can be asses *cough*Roddick*cough* but some are cool too. I know we have a bad reputation over here. :p

I happen to like that ass. :o Richie's ass too. :aplot: :devil:

fiigblarke
02-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Oh, for sure, I download it and watch it over and over again. :p

I wished I was as cool as the kids on Skins. :(

Well just take some drugs, party everyday and get naked now and then. :cool: :P Haha nah they're a bunch of cool kids aren't they? My favourite episode from season one is probably Effy's. It was craaazy stuff. But I'm really enjoying season 2, can't wait for the 3rd ep! Nice avatar btw, Cassie's such a sweetheart. I love her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaxons

Basically a nu-rave, psychedelic British band. Not everyones cup of tea :p

Yay Klaxons! They're my cup of tea :D

eck
02-23-2008, 11:48 PM
:lol: If only it was that easy to get drunk. :p
All of my friends are those quiet ones. :o

I liked alot of the season 1 ones, the season premiere for S2 was amazing. I didn't really like the second episode, maybe it's because Sketch irked me, but I get her. But yeah, can't wait for the third episode!

I want Cassie back. :(

fiigblarke
02-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Well if you can't get drunk with your own friends, try crashing a party. I'm sure you'll get wasted there. ;) Yeah, the second ep of season 2 was a bit weird. Sketch creeps me out but the last scene with Anwar was hilarious. I want Cassie to come back too! I miss having her in the show,not in freakin Scotland. Poor Sid. And Tony.

eck
02-24-2008, 09:55 PM
:lol:
Well I stay in the city, so crashing parties in suburbs won't be easy. :p

Yeah, Cassie was awesome. I hate Sid though, he's so......wimpy.
:o
OMG that scene with Anwar. :lol:
I feel so bad for him though, he really needed to get a 4 rather than a 5. :o

gasguet#1
02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm a bit behind the times here, have wondered what this show is your talking about, lol
I just love the show, It's on my must do list for Monday Nights....
I never took any notice of what it was called!

eck
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes! Another skins fan!
You deserve a good rep too. :)

I'm crazy, am I? :p

fiigblarke
02-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Haha, all Skins fans are crazy ;)

gasguet#1
02-25-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm beyond Crazy.... I take it to the next level....
I watch the show & think, God I'm normal after all..... The things they do boy can I relate to so well!
I have always thought I was something not what people class as the normal in life,
But what is Normal... LOL..... Normal is in the eyes of the beholder!
When my time is over on this place, They will comment,
Boy he did enjoy himself & have a good time & leave no stone unturned!

gasguet#1
02-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Not sure if any on here have got bitten by the Facebook bug! It's so damn addictive, not a good thing for a person like me!
I started a few groups on facebook for Richie, trying to see what Richie fans were lurking in facebook,
there not everyone's thing, so if your on facebook, come along & join up if you want
hardly any members in either, so not much happens with them worse luck, feel free to join & get some action into them!

Richard Gasquet the hottest boy on the tennis tour Oh La La
Richard Gasquet Queer Fans Unite

~*BGT*~
02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Those are the actual names of some of his groups? :lol: I'm in the Gasquetaires group. :)

eck
02-25-2008, 02:50 AM
I'm beyond Crazy.... I take it to the next level....
I watch the show & think, God I'm normal after all..... The things they do boy can I relate to so well!
I have always thought I was something not what people class as the normal in life,
But what is Normal... LOL..... Normal is in the eyes of the beholder!
When my time is over on this place, They will comment,
Boy he did enjoy himself & have a good time & leave no stone unturned!

Funny, I watch the show, and when I finish, I wished my life was as crazy as theirs. :p
My life is no where near how their's are. :o

Ennaid
02-27-2008, 02:42 AM
Yes if only everyones life was that crazy/exciting.

:sad: I could almost cry now , my holidays are coming to an end and i start uni in a few days and this hot weather doesn't help. Sigh

Allure
02-27-2008, 02:58 AM

:sad: I could almost cry now , my holidays are coming to an end and i start uni in a few days and this hot weather doesn't help. Sigh

:hug: Don't worry. College is great. :)

I feel so bad for Danny. He's so talented but hasn't been able to show it for the past two weeks. People are saying he sucks. :sad:

Ennaid
02-27-2008, 03:06 AM
:hug: Don't worry. College is great. :)

I feel so bad for Danny. He's so talented but hasn't been able to show it for the past two weeks. People are saying he sucks. :sad:

I hope uni is great , its hard when all your firends are going to the same uni and your all by yourself going to a different uni :sad:

So whats going on with your AI? Is the pressure getting too much for Danny? How many contestants are left Allure?

Allure
02-27-2008, 06:02 AM
I hope uni is great , its hard when all your firends are going to the same uni and your all by yourself going to a different uni :sad:

So whats going on with your AI? Is the pressure getting too much for Danny? How many contestants are left Allure?

I think going to a different uni might be beneficial. A chance to make some new friends. :)

There are 20 contestants left- 10 guys and 10 girls. Danny was superb in the early auditions but I don't know. Maybe he got too nervous so now that he's in the top 24 he lets the nerves get to him. He really does have a powerful voice. :sad:

emilie
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
So serve it up, where did you hear that Richie has a new girlfriend? Because i have heard other gossip;) about richard

Ayane
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
This is some pics of rich' gf, katia afinogenova ... (she's born in 01/15/1987) for those that knows who's this tennis player

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7365/eafinogenova1nn6.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eafinogenova1nn6.jpg) http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/954/eafinogenova2oy2.th.jpg (http://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eafinogenova2oy2.jpg) http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/2962/eafinogenova3eg4.th.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eafinogenova3eg4.jpg)

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/690/6cwzku9ul3.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=6cwzku9ul3.jpg) http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7280/66ahrbkte9.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=66ahrbkte9.jpg) http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8038/4ts51g3zh6.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4ts51g3zh6.jpg) http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/2638/4tfvbptoc4.th.jpg (http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=4tfvbptoc4.jpg)

emilie
02-27-2008, 12:16 PM
She seems very nice and cute. But i wonder where did they meet. If it is true, it is good for him:D

Getta
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM

Under "normal" conditions university is an excellent chance for you to make new friends. Don't worry. :smooch:
My case was somehow difficult-to-handle. I was in a big shock after I finished an all-girl high school and entered the uni where I was the only woman amongst men attending the mechanical and marine engineering class. :lol:

serve_it_up
02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
So serve it up, where did you hear that Richie has a new girlfriend? Because i have heard other gossip;) about richard

ooh what is this other gossip emilie?? ;)

well his status on his facebook says in a relationship with Katia Afinogenova..and they are leaving each other cute comments...awww lol
and there is a little love heart on his msn name..haha this is probably a good thing for him.

and i guess they could have met anywhere because she travels and trains all over the world. (As tennis players do)

nicky_1986
02-28-2008, 03:05 AM
What are the comments they r leaving each other??? Let me tell you this (and I know for a fact) even if these players have a girlfriend, 90% of them will not stay faithful while they are on tour.

Ennaid
02-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Under "normal" conditions university is an excellent chance for you to make new friends. Don't worry. My case was somehow difficult-to-handle. I was in a big shock after I finished an all-girl high school and entered the uni where I was the only woman amongst men attending the mechanical and marine engineering class.

Thanks Getta and Allure. Today i went to link up uni day and I realised there are so many people who are just as alone as me. Many kids from the country who are staying on campus so I guess i am very lucky.

90% of them will not stay faithful while they are on tour.

Of course no doubt about it

emilie
02-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Haha! Maybe he just want to seduce her. I do not see where they could have met

eck
02-28-2008, 04:47 PM

:(
How'd you like ep3, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I never come here when Justine is playing....crap or good. :bigcry:

Where do you study?

my0118
02-28-2008, 04:51 PM
How'd you like ep3, sorry I didn't reply earlier, I never come here when Justine is playing....crap or good. :bigcry:

OMG I was almost having a heart attack. :hug:
But you know, Justine was not there yet. I hope she has a break for two weeks or so to fresh up.

BTW Schiavone was too :tape: I don't think I will ever like her. :o

eck
02-28-2008, 04:56 PM
TBH, in some ways, I think a loss was inevitable. Not sure what her training regime is like but she surely needs a better one now, and her tiebreak record this year is bad.
Also, some people were getting too cocky. :o

my0118
02-28-2008, 04:58 PM
What do you mean cocky? :lol:
too much expect from her?

BTW I think 2007 season was just too incredible for her. I don't see it's worse than her 2006 season.
And today watching her play, I didn't think she's enjoying tennis at all, which made me think she needs a rest from tennis.

eck
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Everyone was like "OH SHE WILL WIN LOLOLOL" when she was 5-2 down, 5-3, 5-4, 5-5, 6-5, 6-6

And Justine got quite cocky as well "Girls play their best against me (but I still beat them)" :help:

my0118
02-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Everyone was like "OH SHE WILL WIN LOLOLOL" when she was 5-2 down, 5-3, 5-4, 5-5, 6-5, 6-6

And Justine got quite cocky as well "Girls play their best against me (but I still beat them)" :help:

When did she say that?
Well it's true most of times, but I think she doesn't believe in her deep heart anymore after defeated by Sharapova, that's probably the factor she lost to Francesca again.

eck
02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
When did she say that?
Well it's true most of times, but I believe she doesn't believe in her deep heart anymore after defeated by Sharapova, that's probably the factor she lost to Francesca again.

Well she said the girls play their best against me part in her interview after Srebotnik's win, and I just added the other :p
Yeah, I do kinda think it's heart as well. I don't think she wants it as much as she did last year. I think there's some sort of distraction and unlike last year, she relied on tennis to get her emotional status back on track, now I think it's different, and that's separating this and last year.
No motivation, no heart. No heart, no good play.

my0118
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Well she said the girls play their best against me part in her interview after Srebotnik's win, and I just added the other :p
Yeah, I do kinda think it's heart as well. I don't think she wants it as much as she did last year. I think there's some sort of distraction and unlike last year, she relied on tennis to get her emotional status back on track, now I think it's different, and that's separating this and last year.
No motivation, no heart. No heart, no good play.

That said it. From today's match, I didn't see her motivation, but did see her pressure. She didn't too much yell 'Allez' even when she won a fabulous point, which kinda points to where the state of her mind is.
I'm not sure, but I think she should be away from tennis until she misses it. That's the way she's back on track and can boost up her confidence.

eck
02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I think now she's starting to realise tennis is a job, it brings in money, she's starting to lose grip on the fact tennis is her life. And until she really believes it, that's when she can play better.

And I think Antwerp was a mistake. :o

my0118
02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I think now she's starting to realise tennis is a job, it brings in money, she's starting to lose grip on the fact tennis is her life. And until she really believes it, that's when she can play better.

And I think Antwerp was a mistake. :o

Yeah it's too patriotic, wasn't it? :o
It really made her think playing tennis is an obligation.
And she's struggling with the fact that everybody expects she's always going to win.

Anyways I hope Ana loses.. for Justine. :p

eck
02-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I guess there's the problem with being World Number 1.
I kinda expected her to have a great season 2008, but knowing her, it's way too much to ask, so, I'm not really sure what to expect this year.

All I know is that I love Skins. :)
BTW, do you have ES, are they showing her press conf? :p
Some guy in WTAW GM is telling me she's making 'excuses' on TV or livestream or whatever.

my0118
02-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm watching Ana-Elena match. :shrug:
I'm almost reaching your expectation. :o

and I read the posts. I think he's just a hater.

eck
02-28-2008, 05:51 PM
They didn't show anything about her press conf?

Come fight with me :)
I hope I don't get banned :o

my0118
02-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure since I turned off right after she lost.
I really don't like Ana's game though. :mad: Go Dimentieva. :fiery:

eck
02-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Who's winning? :p
I don't think I'm into tennis as I once was, say last year :p

~*BGT*~
02-28-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure since I turned off right after she lost.
I really don't like Ana's game though. :mad: Go Dimentieva. :fiery:

I'm with you. :yeah: Elena is my second favorite Russian behind Anna. :)

gasguet#1
02-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Just a thought I had, maybe some of the long term members may be able to help or know any information...
Does Richie have a supporters group simular to the Bryan Boys?
It would be great if all Richie fans could get together at tournements they are attending
& have a real Richie presence in the crowd, it could help him we hope!
Any feedback or suggestions greatly appreciated
Cheers
Bren

EternalxJourney
02-29-2008, 02:18 AM
I'm with you. :yeah: Elena is my second favorite Russian behind Anna. :)

Anna who? Kournikova? :rolls:

Ennaid
02-29-2008, 03:45 AM

Where do you study?

Im sure Justine will pick up her form soon and i study at uwa (university of wa), do you study ??

~*BGT*~
02-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Anna who? Kournikova? :rolls:

:ras: I don't like that 'never was'. Chakvetadze is my favorite Russian :dance: I do like Kournikiva's amazingly hott cousin though -- Evgeny. :inlove: :hearts: :drool:

eck
02-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Im sure Justine will pick up her form soon and i study at uwa (university of wa), do you study ??

Well, I hope for her sake and her fans she shows up in Miami, but I think that's wishful thinking. It's probably her worst track record tournament ever. If she didn't reach the finals last year, I reckon she would have lost in 2nd round. (She was close to losing anyways)

I study in Uni Melb

Alexandrea got booted :help:

Ennaid
02-29-2008, 07:24 AM
So apparently there is a singer(Michael Johns)that is from Perth :worship: in the top 16 of AI ?? Is he any good Allure or anyone else who watches AI

eck
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
He's not too bad, one of the overpimped ones there.

Looks like he'll be in top 4 at least.

j'adore_richie
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Ennaid, u go to UWA? I go there too, you must be a first year but I'm starting my second year. If you want someone to show you around the campus or just someone to chat to, your more than welcome to contact me. And don't worry, first year is pretty difficult for everyone. Small world...

Ennaid
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Ennaid, u go to UWA? I go there too, you must be a first year but I'm starting my second year. If you want someone to show you around the campus or just someone to chat to, your more than welcome to contact me. And don't worry, first year is pretty difficult for everyone. Small world...

:eek: AHHA yess indeed a small world it is. Yerh im a first year and funny thing is I start on Monday but LOL i only have half of my timetable so im very annoyed,pissed and confused!!

What course are you doing??

j'adore_richie
02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I'll PM u

my0118
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Just a thought I had, maybe some of the long term members may be able to help or know any information...
Does Richie have a supporters group simular to the Bryan Boys?
It would be great if all Richie fans could get together at tournements they are attending
& have a real Richie presence in the crowd, it could help him we hope!
Any feedback or suggestions greatly appreciated
Cheers
Bren

I don't think there is a group, but some of fans must have met each other at some tournaments. The fact that we are so spreaded out makes it hard to gather up. :lol: Maybe you can make one. ;)

~*BGT*~
02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
If he and Blake play at the USO, it can be the J-Block vs the G-Block. :banana: :rocker2: :p

eck
02-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Alexandrea got booted. :(

Allure must be soooo happy Danny is still in. :p

Allure
03-01-2008, 04:54 AM
Eck, did you see Danny's mannerisms? ''Ish.'' :rolls:

eck
03-01-2008, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I like the attitude. :p

I don't understand why VFTW votes for him though, he's better than most of the guys.
Amanda being the girl's choice is no surprise. :o

Oh, did you hear about David H's gay stripper past as well as Amanda's DUI recent charge? :p

Allure
03-01-2008, 06:55 AM
Yeah, I like the attitude. :p

I don't understand why VFTW votes for him though, he's better than most of the guys.
Amanda being the girl's choice is no surprise. :o

Oh, did you hear about David H's gay stripper past as well as Amanda's DUI recent charge? :p

VFTW chooses people who the judges would not want to win, not necessarily the worst singer. I don't care as long as Danny gets votes. :p

I have heard something about Davie H and stripper. I'm not too sure about the exact details though. :scratch:

eck
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
:lol: True, can't complain since your fave is still in. :bigcry:

Yeah, it's pretty vague, something about he was once a stripper in a now close bar with his bf, and that he was a good singer or something. :p
Maybe he needs to strip off on Idol to bring that singer out. :o

Schu
03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Allure, love your "fierce" list - Christian Siriano is so "fierce" but not exactly the in the same way Richie and Roger are.

Allure
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Allure, love your "fierce" list - Christian Siriano is so "fierce" but not exactly the in the same way Richie and Roger are.

I know but I include all the people that I love in my fierce list. Danny and Christian are in Category A of fierce and Roger/Richie are in Category B. :p

~*BGT*~
03-03-2008, 03:53 AM
That's Christian from Project Runway? I :worship: him.

They might die over it; or they might die because of it. :lol:

~*BGT*~
03-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Getta, how did you do on your exam? I just took my music exam (I just started studying last night) and I actually think I made a perfect... with just 2 hours of studying. :lol: I have a biology exam tomorrow on the functions of the cell, respiration, photosynthesis, and energy that I need to seriously cram for. :scared: Good thing I scheduled it for 5:30 p.m. :D I am even gonna reward myself for this long week with a comedy show at 7:00.

Getta
03-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Congrats on your music exam, Danielle. :yeah: Good luck to you on your Biology exam. :D As for me, I didn't do so well in my exam. I mean, I definitely scored a passing grade around 50-60% which I didn't like. It was a selective course, fortunately, not a mandatory one. So, I cancelled my exam and I'll take another selective course instead. I'll take exam in June trying to get a score around 90-100%. I need high grades in order to pursue graduate studies. In the meantime, I'll work on my thesis. Keep my fingers crossed that I'll finish with all this stuff the coming June. :)

~*BGT*~
03-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Good luck with all that!! What's your real name?

Getta
03-07-2008, 01:54 AM
I was christened Georgia. Getta is a nickname coming from Georgetta. :)

Ennaid
03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Allure, i read that Danny got eliminated. Can't be a good week for you.

~*BGT*~
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I was christened Georgia. Getta is a nickname coming from Georgetta. :)

I think Georgia is a Ray Charles song :yeah:

I got an 88% on my bio exam... she weights all the scores so in the end, I should get an A!!!! :woohoo:

Getta
03-07-2008, 11:45 PM
That's awesome. :yeah: I suppose you're in the top 5 per cent of your class. :D

I think Georgia is a Ray Charles song :yeah:

"Georgia on my mind" sung by Ray Charles.
It's about the state of Georgia (Ray Charles was born in Albany, Georgia).
No woman has inspired the song writer. ;)

Allure
03-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Allure, i read that Danny got eliminated. Can't be a good week for you.

What makes it worse is that he didn't get the least amount of votes. They rigged it for him to get off the show because of his sexuality. TMZ reported that behind the scenes, Randy said ''We should have kept him.'' :sad:

~*BGT*~
03-08-2008, 01:08 AM
"Georgia on my mind" sung by Ray Charles.
It's about the state of Georgia (Ray Charles was born in Albany, Georgia).
No woman has inspired the song writer. ;)

:secret: But not everyone knows that. You can just tell people you are the actual inspiration for the song. :secret: :lol:

Getta
03-08-2008, 01:32 AM
Hehehe.

~*BGT*~
03-08-2008, 02:53 AM
What makes it worse is that he didn't get the least amount of votes. They rigged it for him to get off the show because of his sexuality. TMZ reported that behind the scenes, Randy said ''We should have kept him.'' :sad:

At least the fabulous Christian won Project Runway. :worship:

Schu
03-08-2008, 04:05 AM
At least the fabulous Christian won Project Runway. :worship:

Christian was really a "fierce" character but I liked Rami's and Jullian's designs so much better, both were chic/classy. I could never see myself wearing the "costumes" Christian designed - guess I just don't have haute couture taste.

eck
03-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Allure :hug:

I know, I mean, I was talking to some people online, they wanted Danny gone because he was a 'girl'. I was like .....:o :smash:

But he wasn't the best that night, but compared to Jacuzzi, Danny would have gone further.

Idol sucks.

Allure
03-22-2008, 07:09 PM
Vote for Richie for the fan favorite award at atptennis.com. :wavey:

~*BGT*~
03-22-2008, 07:34 PM
^^^ Watch Federer win for the 5th straight year. :o or even worse, Djokovic wins :scared:

Allure
03-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I'd be happy too if Roger wins fan favorite. No Cheatervic or Asspicker please. :rolleyes:

Schu
03-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Richie has some stiff competition for the worst performance at IW. Roger may have looked even less inspired and more shell shocked than Richie and for at least some of the match he was playing as far back as Richie.

A very weird season so far. FISH in the finals of a Masters, beating Hewitt, Nalbo and Fed!! There is hope for Richie yet....

my0118
03-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Oh.. it's the worst scenario ever. :(
Seriously what's up with Serbia?

~*BGT*~
03-23-2008, 04:58 AM
^^ And Davydenko! :scared: Seriously, I REFUSE to believe this result until I watch it... good thing I DVR'ed it.

Schu
03-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Fortunately I've got NCAA basketball to take my mind off the weird stuff at IW. I love college basketball NCAA tournament - it's always exciting and so far the tournament is almost as strange as the 2008 tennis season - lots of upsets or last minute squeak out wins by the top seeds.

When is the last time the #1 and #2 ATP players hadn't won a title between them through IW? I'd love to make that through Miami as long as Djoke doesn't win it either. This strange stuff makes tennis more interesting - I'm SOOO sick of Fed/Nadal finals but hope now it's not Djoke winning them all. If so i'll go back to Fed/Nadal finals...

my0118
03-24-2008, 02:32 AM
When is the last time the #1 and #2 ATP players hadn't won a title between them through IW? I'd love to make that through Miami as long as Djoke doesn't win it either. This strange stuff makes tennis more interesting - I'm SOOO sick of Fed/Nadal finals but hope now it's not Djoke winning them all. If so i'll go back to Fed/Nadal finals...

Yeah. Tennis is really getting interesting because we can't anticipate who's gonna win. But Djokovic is trying to be another Federer, even though he said to Federer 'you can't win everything' :o However, I rather see Federer-Nadal match than Fish into the final. :lol:

Anyway like I said, The worst IW ever for me. Ivanovic and Djokovic won. :rolleyes: Thank god I didn't watch those matches.

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 06:01 AM
I am happy that Federer isn't dominating anymore but not happy that Djoke is winning. :mad: Maybe it would have been nicer if it was Rafa or Gasquet. :lol: Now, you've got these crazy Serbian fans who know nothing about tennis and have never followed it suddenly proclaimin Djoke as God-sent. :rolleyes: Let him win a 2nd GS or get to a 3rd final before you can even put him in the same category as Roddick or Safin or Hewitt in terms of greatness.

They only like Ana/Jelena/Djoke because of their nationality. It's nice to admire them, but there are more han 3 players on both tours. And now you have this crazy Farenhajt who is taking over my other tennis board saying NOLE this or Serbia this or Ajde. Now, he's started a Serbian Tennis 2008 Praise thread. :sobbing: It sucks. :tears:

my0118
03-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Other board? Wow he really has no life.

Allure
03-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I really hate Serbtards (no offense) who only posts when their favorite wins. Back when Djokovic was nobody, no one even bothered to come to MTF. Now there are new Serbian fans posting everyday saying ''Federer sucks. Djokovic is the new king.'' :rolleyes::o:mad:

~*BGT*~
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I hope Djokovic becomes the new Roddick and never wins anything again. :lol: I'm not sure how I'd feel about Andy though. :awww:

my0118
03-25-2008, 12:23 AM
You mean we have to see him staying in the top 10 for over 6 years? Hell ya no thanks.
I'd rather like him to be Hewitt or Safin. Give him another GS title and then efface him in the greatness category.
Anyway, as I did feel like Roger's dominance went for good while he's dominating, this is just the moment he's being at.
But see what happens to Roger. Right now it's likey that he will go further and further, we will see him go down in the end. I just hope he falls off as soon as possible.

Allure
03-25-2008, 01:29 AM
You mean we have to see him staying in the top 10 for over 6 years? Hell ya no thanks.
I'd rather like him to be Hewitt or Safin. Give him another GS title and then efface him in the greatness category.
Anyway, as I did feel like Roger's dominance went for good while he's dominating, this is just the moment he's being at.
But see what happens to Roger. Right now it's likey that he will go further and further, we will see him go down in the end. I just hope he falls off as soon as possible.

I'll be waiting to see the reactions of the Serbtards (Farenjhait in particular) when Djokobitch falls from grace. :D

my0118
03-25-2008, 02:06 AM
I'll be waiting to see the reactions of the Serbtards (Farenjhait in particular) when Djokobitch falls from grace. :D

Or Aloimeh, Clay Death, Bascule and Lee

eck
04-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Richard :o

At least your loss seems more explainable than Justine's :o

~*BGT*~
04-02-2008, 05:01 AM

How about getting close to so many GS that you can almost taste it only to fall short. ;) :p

And in DC news, I got my tickets in the mail... directly over the service line. :banana:

Midnight Express
04-03-2008, 10:55 PM
:wavey: just came to say Hi!
it's been a long time...
hope everyone's ok :D

:bigwave:

:wavey:

Puschkin
04-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Aha, what happens? Everybody licking their wounds or just a bunch of fair-weather fans who stop posting at tough times?

This tie was certainly not Richard's finest hour, but Forget is far from being innocent, just a bit too much talking to the press about Richard's bad form and lacking confidence and then expecting him to get the stars from the sky.

my0118
04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Aha, what happens? Everybody licking their wounds or just a bunch of fair-weather fans who stop posting at tough times?

This tie was certainly not Richard's finest hour, but Forget is far from being innocent, just a bit too much talking to the press about Richard's bad form and lacking confidence and then expecting him to get the stars from the sky.

Forget is not trying to make him take the stars from the sky. I think Forget is right whatsoever. He was a little bit of harsh on him, but I think that somewhat needs to him right now. He doesn't need 'Yeah.. it's okay.. you will do better.. ' He's already reaching 22 and sometimes he finds himself something to solve.

Puschkin
04-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Forget is not trying to make him take the stars from the sky. I think Forget is right whatsoever. He was a little bit of harsh on him, but I think that somewhat needs to him right now. He doesn't need 'Yeah.. it's okay.. you will do better.. ' He's already reaching 22 and sometimes he finds himself something to solve.

I just highly doubt that what Forget gives him is what he needs.

Schu
04-14-2008, 02:17 PM

I sort of agree with you here. Forget didn't really say anything that Richard hadn't said himself and he's just stating the obvious. With all the questions from the media about what's up with Richie, he had to say something.

I was glad to see Richie played against Blake. I think that was Forget's doing - a little tough love to get him to quit moaning about how poor he is playing and get on the damn court and try. And he actually played a lot better than I thought he would - did anyone see him returning the majority of serves from ON the baseline - some from even inside the baseline! Maybe he was just pissed at having to play and was just screwing around but he was actually doing a very good job returning from unchartered territory for him.

Whatever is up with him I really, really hope he can sort things out quickly cuz just seeing him play his meaningless match against Blake made me SOOOOO miss his unbelievably GEORGEOUS game. Even Gimelstob couldn't stop talking about his amazing talent and grace..

We LOVE YA Richie! Get your knee well and your head straightened out and looking forward to some good times for the rest of 2008!

And BGT - can't wait to hear/see the details of your trip.

Puschkin
04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
And he actually played a lot better than I thought he would - did anyone see him returning the majority of serves from ON the baseline - some from even inside the baseline!

Finally, somebody talks about the match. :worship: I had the same feeling. He did not camp behind the baseline, and he hit quite a few returns.

I also felt his body language improved throughout the match, in the beginning he really looked as if not wanting to play. Of course, he did not fight like a lion either, but it was not as bad as Forget made us want to believe his form was throughout the week.

Schu
04-14-2008, 02:28 PM

Forget might be a little "over the top" but whatever he has been getting doesn't seem to be working. He's almost 22 and it's time to face the music if he wants to play with the big boys.

We can all speculate about what's up with him and what's best for him but only he and those close to him know. I just hope they are taking a good honest look at what is going on.

higherlaw
04-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Finally, somebody talks about the match. :worship: I had the same feeling. He did not camp behind the baseline, and he hit quite a few returns.

I also felt his body language improved throughout the match, in the beginning he really looked as if not wanting to play. Of course, he did not fight like a lion either, but it was not as bad as Forget made us want to believe his form was throughout the week.

I stayed for the last match just to see Richie play! I was not disappointed! You can tell he has great talent and that backhand of his is amazing. His heart and head were not with him...

my0118
04-14-2008, 02:40 PM

He won't. Richard should find on his own.
Life is not easy for anyone. But it seems he wants it to.

Even Gimelstob couldn't stop talking about his amazing talent and grace..

He's simply a jerk. Did he ever accomplish what Gasquet has? Well yeah, if one of the greatest said, it's fine. But Gimelstob criticised him? :retard:

Anyway, I have to go to bed. I have to pick some galaxies in the morning.
I updated his clay season thread. Hopefully fortune favors him in the clay season.

Allure
04-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Richard played better than I thought. He showed some fight against Blake and his game was pretty good. (Not his best but good) I agree with whoever that said Forget was right to voice his opinions on Richard. Richard needs to grow up.

~*BGT*~
04-15-2008, 03:36 AM
I actually really enjoyed Gasquet/Blake. That backhand :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Everything I thought it was. His forehand was :hearts: as well. And the volleys. :worship: Even though it was a dead rubber, I still enjoyed getting to Richie play. His tennis is so beautiful. :sobbing:

Ennaid
04-15-2008, 04:24 AM
hey guys i lost my net two weeks ago but its all fixed. I see that all is not too well for Richard??

~*BGT*~
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey Dianne :wavey: How are things in Australia? :) Things aren't looking so good for the Gasquetaires at the moment. We are afraid our Richie has lost his fire and passion for the game. :sad:

Schu
04-15-2008, 08:36 PM
We are afraid our Richie has lost his fire and passion for the game. :sad:

I'm more afraid that this whole DC mess has turned his already fragile psyche into a million cracked pieces that will take a LONG time to glue back together (the Humpty Dumpty analogy here).

He needs a lot more of Puschkin's positive vibes... Hey, Pushkin, bring a ton of them with you to Monte Carlo and tell Richie we're standing behind him.

~*BGT*~
04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm more afraid that this whole DC mess has turned his already fragile psyche into a million cracked pieces that will take a LONG time to glue back together (the Humpty Dumpty analogy here).

He needs a lot more of Puschkin's positive vibes... Hey, Pushkin, bring a ton of them with you to Monte Carlo and tell Richie we're standing behind him.

I wish I hadn't choked and was able to say something to him. :o I would have told him that he has a whole bunch of female fans on MTF who love him very much and believe in him. We know he is capable of great performances. He should not have been afarid of Roddick on Sunday. He was not confident? How was he confident when he was down 2 sets and a break against him in Wimbledon, and he got to that 3rd set TB, knowing Roddick had won 25 straight TBs and had won all his 3rd sets in TBs. He was confident then.... he should always be confident and know that no matter what, he has dedicated fans who will always be there for him. :worship::worship:

my0118
05-12-2008, 11:28 PM
We've been so quite over here.
I've been away from tennis as well.
But suddenly I'm starting to be worried because Nadal is almost losing his ranking. :scared:
Let's have some talk! Anything!
And support Richie this week!

lenemie
05-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Nadal losing his ranking is nothing compaired to what I read in the newspaper this morning: Henin quits tennis :eek::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
There's a press conference this afternoon...

my0118
05-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Nadal losing his ranking is nothing compaired to what I read in the newspaper this morning: Henin quits tennis :eek::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:
There's a press conference this afternoon...

What??????????????? Why???????????????????
It's unbelievable. Tell me it's not true!!!! :bigcry:

Puschkin
05-14-2008, 08:23 AM
What??????????????? Why???????????????????
It's unbelievable. Tell me it's not true!!!! :bigcry:

:topic: seriously?? Source??? The only woman playing tennis worth watching.

my0118
05-14-2008, 08:28 AM
:topic: seriously?? Source??? The only woman playing tennis worth watching.

I totally agree with you. She's the only woman I can enjoy women's tennis.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7399963.stm

Someone said it's not a complete retirement. But I think we'll have to wait to see what's really true.

Ome
05-14-2008, 08:33 AM
I read about it here: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gskG9cgtsRDcOgDnJzmpP5YHe3yQD90L868G0

It would be really sad if it turns out to be true.
Professional tennis is a lot tougher on the inside, I suppose.

lenemie
05-14-2008, 09:25 AM
The Belgian media seem to be certain :shrug: Only last weekend she said she would go on for 2 or 3 years and now since yesterday there are rumours about her quitting. :sad: We'll know more round 16 pm, at the press conference. But why would she give a pc only to say that she's taking a break. :shrug:

It would be sad though, exactly 1 year after Clijsters Belgium would lose a second tennisstar...

*julie*
05-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I heard it too on the news this morning. Just after Henri Leconte saying Richard shouldn't play Roland Garros, they said Justine will quit.. she doesn't know yet if it will happen after the french open or after the olympic games.

:sad:

Fired Up!
05-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Richie :explode: I can't wait for grass season. :o

Juju :awww:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Awww no, I really like watching Henin play. :(

eck
05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I think I will die now :o

~*BGT*~
05-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Even my favorite female players (Vaidisova, Golovin, Dementieva) I wouldn't watch over Justine. Maaaaybe Chakvetadze because she plays a different game to the big girls but JHH will be missed. :sobbing:

eck
05-14-2008, 02:53 PM
She will be sorely missed.

As a person I wish her the best, as a fan, I feel robbed. :sad:

That obviously mean I'll prefer men's tennis now. :o

Puschkin
05-14-2008, 03:04 PM
The best BH of the game retired. :worship: for Justine's carreer among these boring Bolletieri-style ball-bashers and groaners.

my0118
05-14-2008, 03:14 PM
But does anyone know the reason why she decides to quit? It's so sudden that I can't think of any reason. :shrug:

Schu
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
:sad: Justine gone. The last WTA player (aside from Amelie who is pretty much gone) that knows how to do something other than bash the ball. A loss for Women's tennis.

lenemie
05-14-2008, 04:08 PM
But does anyone know the reason why she decides to quit? It's so sudden that I can't think of any reason. :shrug:

According to what she said on the press conference, she had a tough season in 2007 both fysically and emotionally. She didn't find the strenght anymore to continue and to prepare for the important matches. She would have wanted to play Roland Garros, but she knows she could't performe like last year, so she quits now.

Looks like she's sick and tired of the whole circus and decided to go on with her life :sad:

Without Justine and most likely without Richie, I don't see a reason anymore to watch Roland Garros :sad:

tennis lover
05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
The best BH of the game retired. :worship: for Justine's carreer among these boring Bolletieri-style ball-bashers and groaners.
I couldn't agree more. She was one of the few WTA players I actually enjoyed watching and I can't believe that backhand is going to waste! :awww:

Schu
05-14-2008, 07:07 PM
Without Justine and most likely without Richie, I don't see a reason anymore to watch Roland Garros :sad:

There's always the suspense of seeing how close Fed will come to beating Rafa in the final :rolleyes:. Although in this the year of the parallel universe of tennis, things might be pretty interesting in the men's draw as neither Rafa nor Federer appear to be in top form.

Yes without Richie tournaments loose some interest for me but I can always cheer for my other Favs - Nalbandian, Safin or Baggy (who is missing in action), which means I can cheer for a round or two, unless Nalbo gets on a streak.

Allure
05-14-2008, 07:20 PM
It's shocking that Justine is retiring. She's still pretty young.

lenemie
05-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Yes without Richie tournaments loose some interest for me but I can always cheer for my other Favs - Nalbandian, Safin or Baggy (who is missing in action), which means I can cheer for a round or two, unless Nalbo gets on a streak.

I do have other players to cheer for, I support the other Belgians as well, but Malisse isn't playing, Ollie is injured, Vliegen state of mind is always going to be a big ? and for Darcis it's his first RG. Not much good to look forward to...

Puschkin
05-15-2008, 07:09 AM
I do have other players to cheer for, I support the other Belgians as well, but Malisse isn't playing, Ollie is injured, Vliegen state of mind is always going to be a big ? and for Darcis it's his first RG. Not much good to look forward to...

There is tennis outside Belgium. ;)

lenemie
05-15-2008, 09:04 AM
There is tennis outside Belgium. ;)

totally agree, but in Belgium Roland Garros is always a bit special, it's not far from here. So everyone (including me) mainly look forward at what the Belgians are gonna do there...

Puschkin
05-15-2008, 09:06 AM
totally agree, but in Belgium Roland Garros is always a bit special, it's not far from here. So everyone (including me) mainly look forward at what the Belgians are gonna do there...

That is not what I meant. ;) There are also non-Belgian tennis-tennis-players to cheer for.

lenemie
05-15-2008, 09:21 AM
That is not what I meant. ;) There are also non-Belgian tennis-tennis-players to cheer for.

I mean the same thing as you do! But Belgians at RG is something special. I'll still be watching it, but it wont be the same.
But never mind, I was a bit emotional yesterday, for other reasons than tennis.

eck
05-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I dunno who to support now :o
Justine made me a big Belgian supporter....but no one seems to be doing well as of late, maybe Darcis.....
Can't wait to see how Yanina does now though.

my0118
05-15-2008, 11:33 AM
It feels like I don't have any reasons why I should watch women's tennis anymore. :shrug:

lenemie
05-15-2008, 02:12 PM
I dunno who to support now :o
Justine made me a big Belgian supporter....but no one seems to be doing well as of late, maybe Darcis.....
Can't wait to see how Yanina does now though.

Darcis goes a bit up and down, depending on the week :rolleyes: Yanina is good but will never be great I'm afraid.

eck
05-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Yea Darcis :retard:

I hope she at least gets to top 30 or something.

~*BGT*~
05-30-2008, 02:21 AM
It's so quiet in the forum. I miss Richie. :tears:

Puschkin
05-30-2008, 07:26 AM
It's so quiet in the forum. I miss Richie. :tears:

We are all obeying Richard's wishes. In his last interview he said three times "laissez more tranquille", so now it happens. :p

I hope that he is taking care of his knee and then moving on to the British embassy. I remember having read somewhere last year, that the only grass court in France is at the British embassy in Paris. :rolls:

One really might wonder about the French federation, with players like Llodra, Mahut, Tsonga and of course a Wimby-semifinalist, they should build a grass court for their Davis-Cup home matches....:o

Schu
05-30-2008, 04:50 PM
One really might wonder about the French federation, with players like Llodra, Mahut, Tsonga and of course a Wimby-semifinalist, they should build a grass court for their Davis-Cup home matches....:o

I was thinking the same thing after the US tie. What could France do it give them an edge like US on superfast court or Spain on Clay. Speaking of clay. How about Llodra in the R16 at Roland Garros! Who would have ever thought??

EternalxJourney
05-31-2008, 10:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing after the US tie. What could France do it give them an edge like US on superfast court or Spain on Clay. Speaking of clay. How about Llodra in the R16 at Roland Garros! Who would have ever thought??

Yes, I never thought I'd see much serve and volley on clay but here we have Llodra and Stepanek making a big splash at RG. Very cool indeed. :cool:

PinkFeatherBoa
05-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Well it happened before (but yes that was a long time ago :p) and I'm pleasantly surprised. Hope he can keep it up! Seems like a lot of the French men are inspired this year, was watching "strip tease" Benneteau earlier. It's good to see French players doing well but it's not the same without Richard.

Puschkin
06-02-2008, 11:18 AM
I was thinking the same thing after the US tie. What could France do it give them an edge like US on superfast court or Spain on Clay.

Meanwhile they seem to have 3 grasscourts in France. Reportedly Richie starts practising ther etoday. :)

Allure
06-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Sharapova lost. :woohoo:

~*BGT*~
06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
AND she served for the match AND she had a match point AND Dinara gave her a lesson in how to play on clay AND she got booed when she left the stadium. :D :D :D :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Schu
06-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Please tell me how Gael is in the Quarters :scratch: His passive play makes RIchie look like Djoke and Llodra combined. I hope Richie doesn't get any ideas. Maybe I'm just jealous but it is killing me to see someone who is about as boring as Robredo in the quarters. Didn't Gael play with a lot more "flare" before his injuries, or was it wild ball bashing - maybe he got Richard's passive disease but a double dose of it.

Anyway I can't wait to watch the replay of Sharapova going down in flames on the Tennis Channel replay. This is one womens' match I will like to see.

Puschkin
06-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Please tell me how Gael is in the Quarters :scratch:
Plain and simply, by winning four rounds. ;)

it is killing me to see someone who is about as boring as Robredo in the quarters.
Robredo is not in the quarters. ;)

Didn't Gael play with a lot more "flare" before his injuries, or was it wild ball bashing - maybe he got Richard's passive disease but a double dose of it.

To my Gael never was technically brilliant player with great shotmaking. He always relied on his defensive skills, his physique .... and his serve.

Luckily Richie shares a coach with Mahut, who storms to the net all the time....

~*BGT*~
06-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Schu, I just watched it again. :lol: Look for her f-bombs and "assholes" in the 3rd set. ;)

EternalxJourney
06-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Schu, I just watched it again. :lol: Look for her f-bombs and "assholes" in the 3rd set. ;)

I just saw the match but didn't catch the f-bombs. I don't follow WTA matches, especially not Sharapova's out of respect for my eardrums, but does the French crowd have some beef against her? It was kinda amusing to see her storm off the court to a whole lotta boos.

~*BGT*~
06-03-2008, 04:42 AM
They didn't like her shrieks and how she was making the umpire check marks when they were clearly bad or good. She also tried to "quiet" the crowd and of course they didn't take to that very well. :rolleyes: Love the RG crowd and it will love you. :yeah:

j'adore_richie
06-22-2008, 06:58 AM
I'm back here after a couple months' hiatus (due to a hectic work and uni schedule).I did do the odd lurk, found out about Guillaume etc. The one thing I notice now is how much quieter this thread is now compared to only a few months back. But I'm looking forward to Wimby and trying to stay positive.

As for Justine, I'm really disappointed :bigcry:. You guys are right there really isn't really much use for me to watch WTA anymore, with Kim, Martina and now Justine all gone. C'est dommage...

~*BGT*~
07-06-2008, 02:23 PM
I just had the best/weirdest dream with Richard. :rolls: Apparently just me and a friend were watching him practice on an indoor court with Peyre. Yesterday, I was watching a video of a player who used a double handle racquet. In the dream, Richard was using the racquet. So after practice, I went on the court to look at the racquet because I'd never seen it before.

We all got in a conversation and somehow, we ended up talking about his butt. :devil: I told him I liked it, and he said I could touch it if I wanted. So he pulls down his shorts leaving his dark grey boxer briefs and turns to me. So I'm all, "Really, I can TOUCH your butt?" And he's like, "Oh, bien sur!" So I touch it a bit ( :secret: and it feels just like I imagined :angel: ) And that was the whole dream. :lol:

Schu
07-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Wow. Amazing Wimbly final that pretty much took up my whole day but well worth it. That was the definition of heart and guts. (Hope a certain French player saw that match). I wanted Nadal to win but oddly found myself cheering for Federer after the second set. In the end both were champions - I was glad for Rafa but felt a bit sad for Roger.

tennis lover
07-06-2008, 10:32 PM
It was indeed an amazing final. I am very happy for Rafa :D but I feel a bit for Fed, it must have been hard to take. :hug:

EternalxJourney
07-06-2008, 11:35 PM
There are quite a bit of Rafa/Richard fans here. Congrats!! The title was well deserved.

As for Roger...I'm trying hard not to :sad::bigcry:

Mariana_lcf
07-06-2008, 11:43 PM
ugh... this is the worst day ever... i damn the day the grass courst became this slow!... i feel so bad for roger, he deserved it, i hope he beats nadal's ass next time they play (sorry nadal fans!)

my0118
07-15-2008, 11:07 AM
We're so inactive.
I miss those moments that we talked a lot in here. :awww:
Anyway, I have a good feeling about American hardcourt season for Richard. I hope he plies up his points in summer because he has not so many points to defend.

tennis lover
07-15-2008, 03:32 PM
Mia :hug: Me too, this forum seems quiet all the time! :awww: Although I am one of the main offenders since I rarely posted when I was in france. :o

how are you anyway? still studying hard or have you finished now? :)

I really hope he can do well over the summer but I stopped being too optimistic as far as Richard is concerned a while ago. Instead I just support him and if something goes well it's a bonus! :lol:

~*BGT*~
07-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Where's Getta and Allure? :sad:

Getta
07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Still around, just lurking. Not in a chatting mood. :)

~*BGT*~
07-16-2008, 06:26 PM
You better post when Richard starts playing. :p

Venle
07-19-2008, 09:05 AM
I thought I could say hi here :p

So :wavey: everyone

~*BGT*~
07-19-2008, 06:37 PM

Venle
07-19-2008, 06:52 PM

How are you? :)

my0118
07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Mia :hug: Me too, this forum seems quiet all the time! :awww: Although I am one of the main offenders since I rarely posted when I was in france. :o

how are you anyway? still studying hard or have you finished now? :)

I really hope he can do well over the summer but I stopped being too optimistic as far as Richard is concerned a while ago. Instead I just support him and if something goes well it's a bonus! :lol:

Hey Jo :wavey:
Well I have one semester to graduate. :o
But I don't have to study for my major anymore, in Fall semester, I can choose classes I wanna take. ;)
How about you Jo? how long will you stay in France?

I thought I could say hi here :p

So :wavey: everyone

And hello ;)

~*BGT*~
07-20-2008, 06:36 PM
How are you? :)

Oop, didn't see this post until now. :o I'm fine, but sleepy. My mom just started cooking supper so I'm going to sleep and hopefully when I wake up, the food will be done. :devil:

Venle
07-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Oop, didn't see this post until now. :o I'm fine, but sleepy. My mom just started cooking supper so I'm going to sleep and hopefully when I wake up, the food will be done. :devil:

No probs. :)
Cool :devil:
I should eat something, and then go to sleep (I'm tired too :zzz: )

tennis lover
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Hey Jo :wavey:
Well I have one semester to graduate. :o
But I don't have to study for my major anymore, in Fall semester, I can choose classes I wanna take. ;)
How about you Jo? how long will you stay in France?
ooh, you're so close to finishing! a lot of my friends have just graduated and it's making me really nervous, I don't think I'm ready to graduate and leave uni yet. :sobbing: Luckily I still have a year left. :lol: I have left France now, I came home about a month ago. :sad: (which is why I am posting more regularly again and can follow tennis a bit better! :lol: )

Schu
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
NO RIchard tennis to talk about but there is the Olympics - the french team did really well yesterday - keep it up. Although I think not playing the Olympics was a very good decison for RIchard, I wonder how he feels now with everyone over there? Hope putting all his hopes on US OPen isn't too much pressure for him.

I was watching swimming last night and got the whole soap opera story on the french female swimmer Laura Manadou (whom RIchie referred to when his Romania Davis Cup nightclub photos appeared on the web) and no, his nightclub jaunt was no way near a Manadou (sorry I know I'm spelling her name wrong).

And what about the men's 4x100 relay race - GO USA!!! I love France but got to pull for my guys in the US on this. And how I wished I could have seen the trash talking Alain Bernard's face when he realized that HE got edged out by the US in the last second to loose the gold for France.

2 more weeks till USO!!!!

EternalxJourney
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Hey Schu, I saw the relay too and was pulling for the Americans. But I really can't stand Michael Phelps, the attention-grubbing whore. I realize that is largely due to reporters, journalists, etc. but it sickens me that other swimmers are being overlooked for one guy. Jason Lezak imo was the real hero and achieved an amazing feat yesterday yet all the spotlight is on Phelps and his pursuit of 8 gold medals. I've seen enough of him in these past few days to last a lifetime.

Schu
08-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey Schu, I saw the relay too and was pulling for the Americans. But I really can't stand Michael Phelps, the attention-grubbing whore. I realize that is largely due to reporters, journalists, etc. but it sickens me that other swimmers are being overlooked for one guy. Jason Lezak imo was the real hero and achieved an amazing feat yesterday yet all the spotlight is on Phelps and his pursuit of 8 gold medals. I've seen enough of him in these past few days to last a lifetime.

Yea, I've seen enough of Phelps too but I think it is really the media that hype him versus him trying to grab the spotlight - as is not uncommon with athletes and the media - just look at RIchard... All I know is that if Phleps does accomplish the amazing 8 gold medal feat, which is pretty amazing, he should give half the millions he makes to Jason Lezak who kept Phelps' dream alive and as you say will be lost in the Phelps hype.

Puschkin
08-12-2008, 07:03 AM
NO RIchard tennis to talk about but there is the Olympics - the french team did really well yesterday - keep it up. Although I think not playing the Olympics was a very good decison for Richard, I wonder how he feels now with everyone over there?
I don't think he's got much time to think about it. According to the article I translated recently, practice started yesterday and I am convinced hat Guillaume will keep him (very) busy. I just wonder if he is already in the US, as Mahut is playing Washington and officially Guillaume is still coaching them both.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
In the Mahut thread, someone who's attending Washington said that Peyre isn't there with Nico- Soulés is travelling with him (well they saw him practise and play his opener without Peyre there). Maybe Mahut and Peyre have already 'split', idk.

I think Richard and Peyre are probably still in France but wherever they are I hope they are training really hard.

Puschkin
08-12-2008, 09:10 AM
In the Mahut thread, someone who's attending Washington said that Peyre isn't there with Nico- Soulés is travelling with him (well they saw him practise and play his opener without Peyre there). Maybe Mahut and Peyre have already 'split', idk.

I saw this coming and frankly, I feel sorry for Mahut. But it was obvious from the beginning that he would lose out on Peyre, if his work with Richard would develop well.

PinkFeatherBoa
08-12-2008, 09:21 AM
I saw this coming and frankly, I feel sorry for Mahut. But it was obvious from the beginning that he would lose out on Peyre, if his work with Richard would develop well.

Yes, I feel sorry for Mahut too, despite the fact that Peyre is obviously a good match for Richard.

tennis lover
08-12-2008, 10:40 AM
And what about the men's 4x100 relay race - GO USA!!! I love France but got to pull for my guys in the US on this. And how I wished I could have seen the trash talking Alain Bernard's face when he realized that HE got edged out by the US in the last second to loose the gold for France.

2 more weeks till USO!!!!
that relay was awesome! :worship: I felt bad for France losing but it was an incredible comeback by the USA. and I'm proud of our British boys for swimming a good time, even if they did come last! :lol: I am really enjoying the swimming, even if the time difference isn't hugely convenient for me! :lol: thank God for BBC interactive! can't wait for the athletics either. :dance: I love the Olympics! :banana:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
that relay was awesome! :worship: I felt bad for France losing but it was an incredible comeback by the USA. and I'm proud of our British boys for swimming a good time, even if they did come last! :lol: I am really enjoying the swimming, even if the time difference isn't hugely convenient for me! :lol: thank God for BBC interactive! can't wait for the athletics either. :dance: I love the Olympics! :banana:

Jo! :wavey:

The relay was really good, I agree, and as for the Brits you can always rely on us to be making up the lower placings. ;) (Famed British Motto "It's the taking part that counts" stands here :lol:) No seriously, they did their best, so I was pleased for them too. I like watching the swimming, even though the finals are at stupid 0'clock, luckily I'm a night person really. :p The British swimming team are actually doing well generally (occasionally I can be patriotic despite my persistence to cheer for the French and others), which is pleasing.

I look forward to the Athletics too, what other sports do you like watching? I'm enjoying the badminton; was just watching our pair beat the Chinese. :worship: There's so many sports I like, I hardly even have time to keep up with the tennis.

Venle
08-12-2008, 02:30 PM

I think it was a good decision to skip the Olympics :) (Even though I would've loved to see him in the opening ceremony :hearts: )

tennis lover
08-12-2008, 02:35 PM

The relay was really good, I agree, and as for the Brits you can always rely on us to be making up the lower placings. ;) (Famed British Motto "It's the taking part that counts" stands here :lol:) No seriously, they did their best, so I was pleased for them too. I like watching the swimming, even though the finals are at stupid 0'clock, luckily I'm a night person really. :p The British swimming team are actually doing well generally (occasionally I can be patriotic despite my persistence to cheer for the French and others), which is pleasing.

I look forward to the Athletics too, what other sports do you like watching? I'm enjoying the badminton; was just watching our pair beat the Chinese. :worship: There's so many sports I like, I hardly even have time to keep up with the tennis.
:wavey: hey, how are you?

The Olympics are one of the few occasions where I mostly cheer for British people rather than my favourites! :lol: :secret: although I do secretly cheer for other people as well! ;) but we definitely did well, they would have won the race in Athens with that time, it's just a shame that everyone else would have as well! :rolls: and yeah, I'm a night person too so I can usually watch at least the beginning of the swimming at night, it's repeated plenty of times in the day too.

well I love pretty much all of the athletics (except the long distance things, I think the thing I love about the Olympics is that there is constantly something new and exciting going on so long, drawn out things bore me! :lol: ). I like watching badminton but I missed it earlier. :awww: I also like watching the gymnastics, rowing, all sorts of things really. I'm just a big olympics geek! :o :D and yeah, I'm so busy looking at other results when I wake up that I tend to forget about the tennis! :o although I did watch a little bit earlier. :angel:

Schu
08-12-2008, 02:42 PM

I think Richard and Peyre are probably still in France but wherever they are I hope they are training really hard.

The joint coaching arrangement seemed difficult and not likely to work for very long. If Nico and Pere have or will split I feel bad for Mahut but if things worked well with Richard it was inevitable that Peyre and Mahut would split or will split soon. Maybe NIco and Peyre were not that great a match and it's not a big deal. It seems that Richard and Nico were friends and I hope this doesn't cause tensions between them or others in the Lagardre group. After the PHM-Monfils coaching musical chairs the group could use some stability.

Hope where ever Richard is, he is training hard because he and others have big expectations for him at the US Open.

Schu
08-12-2008, 04:29 PM

I think it was a good decision to skip the Olympics :) (Even though I would've loved to see him in the opening ceremony :hearts: )

He would have looked absolutely delicious in the outfit they wore in the opening ceremony - and he does like hats/caps :D. But I think it was better for him to not go, especially since at the time he made the decision he was pretty confused.

I am really looking forward to the USO. There could be some surprises - DelPotro is looking really sharp,although I don't particularly like his game and sounds like Nadal has not looked very sharp since loosing to Murray :mad: in CIncy. I hope RIchard is one of the BIG surprises at USO. I still have to keep my expectations low (the only way to survive as a Gasquet fan) but my hopes are high.

cesca
08-12-2008, 05:27 PM

The swimming is going surprisingly well- seeing how Adlington and Jackson beat the number of medals won by the ENTIRE team at Athens in ONE race :D

And the badminton was soooooooooooo exciting. At some points I had to flick over onto other channels. (I'm not a good sportswatcher sometimes... why the hell do I support Richie?!) I love Robertson and Emms they are so enthusiastic and driven and awesome.

Schu
08-12-2008, 09:14 PM
It's a slooooooow week in the office and I can't even watch the Olympic scoreboard cuz everyone is sleeping in Bejing while I'm at work. Just my luck, I'll probably be swamped with work during USO and not able to follow a single match.

Is there any other site beside the nbcolympics.com site that shows live streaming of the Olympic tennis? For some reason I can't see the video portion of the live streams on my piece of junk laptop at home - maybe I can get it on another site - not that I plan to stay up into the wee hours of the morning (only do that for Richie - maybe).

tennis lover
08-12-2008, 11:11 PM
I guess BBC interactive doesn't work for you? you can try channelsurfing.net, they usually have some ok links on there. :)

I'm watching the badminton now. I love Emms/Robertson as well, it's a shame Emms is retiring after this. Hopefully she can go on a high! :D

PinkFeatherBoa
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
:wavey: hey, how are you?

The Olympics are one of the few occasions where I mostly cheer for British people rather than my favourites! :lol: :secret: although I do secretly cheer for other people as well! ;) but we definitely did well, they would have won the race in Athens with that time, it's just a shame that everyone else would have as well! :rolls: and yeah, I'm a night person too so I can usually watch at least the beginning of the swimming at night, it's repeated plenty of times in the day too.

well I love pretty much all of the athletics (except the long distance things, I think the thing I love about the Olympics is that there is constantly something new and exciting going on so long, drawn out things bore me! :lol: ). I like watching badminton but I missed it earlier. :awww: I also like watching the gymnastics, rowing, all sorts of things really. I'm just a big olympics geek! :o :D and yeah, I'm so busy looking at other results when I wake up that I tend to forget about the tennis! :o although I did watch a little bit earlier. :angel:

I'm fine thanks, although Olympics overload is sending neccessary work to the bottom of the to-do list. :o I hope you're doing well, you back from Bordeaux permanently now?

I was doing OK on just staying up for the Swimming finals but last night I fell asleep in front of my TV watching them, I literally blacked out until about 6.30am. This can't be doing me any good but I usually survive fine during Aussie Opens (sometimes don't sleep more than 2 hours in the 1st week) so I don't know why this is proving difficult. :p

I agree about the Athletics- I can't watch long distance running generally- I think it must be my short attention span with repetitive actions; they just keep going round and around- it makes my head spin. :lol: My favourites athletics event are the jumps actually but I did used to do Long Jumping when I was still at school, so maybe that's why.

I'm a Olympics geek too. :rocker2: Well, keep enjoying your Olympic experience. ;)

The swimming is going surprisingly well- seeing how Adlington and Jackson beat the number of medals won by the ENTIRE team at Athens in ONE race :D

And the badminton was soooooooooooo exciting. At some points I had to flick over onto other channels. (I'm not a good sportswatcher sometimes... why the hell do I support Richie?!) I love Robertson and Emms they are so enthusiastic and driven and awesome.

Yes, our swimming team are doing well for them. :) I don't thank them for assisting in ruining my sleep patterns though. Actually I think I like the French swimming team most and I also like Coventry, she's cool (I need people to support who can keep the USA from always winning).

I love Robertson and Emms too, they are great fun to watch. I can't help but get excited for them when they win because they're just so likeable. I hope they can get the Gold this time...

tennis lover
08-13-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm fine thanks, although Olympics overload is sending neccessary work to the bottom of the to-do list. :o I hope you're doing well, you back from Bordeaux permanently now?

I was doing OK on just staying up for the Swimming finals but last night I fell asleep in front of my TV watching them, I literally blacked out until about 6.30am. This can't be doing me any good but I usually survive fine during Aussie Opens (sometimes don't sleep more than 2 hours in the 1st week) so I don't know why this is proving difficult. :p

I agree about the Athletics- I can't watch long distance running generally- I think it must be my short attention span with repetitive actions; they just keep going round and around- it makes my head spin. :lol: My favourites athletics event are the jumps actually but I did used to do Long Jumping when I was still at school, so maybe that's why.

I'm a Olympics geek too. :rocker2: Well, keep enjoying your Olympic experience. ;)

Yes, I'm back for good now. :awww: bored at home until I start my final year at uni in September! :scared:

I've had a similar problem, the last 2 nights I've been strangely tired at 2.30ish which is weird because I'm pretty much always awake then. :o so last night I had a power nap and woke up at 3 to watch the swimming and gymnastics until about 5am. :o it's not normal.

the jumps are cool. I always like the triple jump, probably because we have been successful at it in the past! :lol: and I can't stand watching too many laps, I think my limit is about 800m and then I get bored and start flicking channels to see what is happening elsewhere before trying to catch the end of the race!

Happy Olympics to you too! ;) :hug:

~*BGT*~
08-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Yesterday, I took a 3 hour nap and then stayed up until 7 AM watching tennis. :lol: I was hoping somebody SOMEWHERE would be broadcasting the men's 3 M synchro final, as I really like Alex Despatie of Canada. But no one had it on. :awww: Didn't matter; he and his partner finished 5th. :sad:

He's the guy in the front. Sort of looks like Bolelli :hearts:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080813/i/r3360312178.jpg

tennis lover
08-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Emms and Robertson lost. :sad: Happy retirement to Gail Emms. :awww: I almost started crying as well when she did in her interview after the match, stuff like that always gets to me! :o

Schu
08-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey BGT - good job prediciting a Blake win - gold for USA in tennis???

Thanks to what must have been rain in Bejing I can see some tennis live - work is REALLY slow this week and I am pretty much just sitting at my desk watching Monfils-Djokvic match live streaming. If Monfils gets a medal here, between the French Open and Olympics he'll be a French hero (although I don't really like his game nor some of his antics on and off the court). Hope it's PHM that pulls it out for France.

I can't believe I am as glued to the TV at night as I am for these Olympics - I'm ready for the track events, I like gymnastics, diving, swimming but there is a limit how many times I can watch flips through the air or Phelps win another gold (but of course I will watch every one of his races).

Waiting patiently for the USO to start....

PinkFeatherBoa
08-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Emms and Robertson lost. :sad: Happy retirement to Gail Emms. :awww: I almost started crying as well when she did in her interview after the match, stuff like that always gets to me! :o

I think I jinxed them in my post above. :o Knew I shouldn't have wished them a gold medal. It was a really sad moment, I agree. Wish they could have gone out with a medal.

Thanks to what must have been rain in Bejing I can see some tennis live - work is REALLY slow this week and I am pretty much just sitting at my desk watching Monfils-Djokvic match live streaming. If Monfils gets a medal here, between the French Open and Olympics he'll be a French hero (although I don't really like his game nor some of his antics on and off the court). Hope it's PHM that pulls it out for France.

I can't believe I am as glued to the TV at night as I am for these Olympics - I'm ready for the track events, I like gymnastics, diving, swimming but there is a limit how many times I can watch flips through the air or Phelps win another gold (but of course I will watch every one of his races).

Waiting patiently for the USO to start....

I hope that both Monfils and PHM can medal, that would be the best solution. (edit: jinx again, argh, I should never post when matches are in progress, Paulo just lost now!)

I'm so glad the track events are starting tonight (well, tonight my time). They're the most important event in the Olympics, for me.

I would like USO to start too but mostly because I'm missing watching Richard.

tennis lover
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
I'm looking forward to the athletics tonight. :dance: it's ridiculous how excited I am for these Olympics! :lol: I am annoying my whole family because I'm hyper. :o

Venle
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm looking forward to the athletics tonight. :dance: it's ridiculous how excited I am for these Olympics! :lol: I am annoying my whole family because I'm hyper. :o

I'm TOO excited about the Olympics :lol:

Evening people :wavey:

Schu
08-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I would like USO to start too but mostly because I'm missing watching Richard.

So do I - Richie withdrawals here. Just hope we get to see him play LOTS of matches!

~*BGT*~
08-15-2008, 03:37 AM

Thanks. :) I saw the draw and thought, "James can beat Fed." I mean, he lost to Fish, Stepanek, Simon, and Karlovic. James is better than all those guys. He can do it. I'm glad I bet 800 v-cash on him too. :D

tennis lover
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
James :sad:

~*BGT*~
08-15-2008, 05:47 PM
God, GM is killing me. Can't go in there and complain when your fave gets robbed without being called on it. Can't go in there and celebrate when your other fave gets a chance at the gold. :rolleyes:

Schu
08-15-2008, 07:27 PM
God, GM is killing me. Can't go in there and complain when your fave gets robbed without being called on it. Can't go in there and celebrate when your other fave gets a chance at the gold. :rolleyes:

GM certainly isn't for the faint of heart. But somehow I occassionally get drawn into one of those insane GM "discussions"... then I quickly retreat to sanity and civility on the Gasquet forum.

Guess you can tell I'm still bored at work, I've been on here WAAAAY too much.

EternalxJourney
08-15-2008, 09:57 PM
What does Richard look like nowadays? Seems like ages since I've last saw him play a match. USOpen cannot come quickly enough.

BGT, you can watch the 3m synchro diving on nbcolympics.com

~*BGT*~
08-15-2008, 11:31 PM
I saw it. :drool: They only showed two of Alex's dives, but it was enough. :hearts: The individual 3 M is this Tuesday. Hopefully, it'll be shown in full. :)

tennis lover
08-16-2008, 03:06 AM
the 100m fly final was ridiculous. :eek: I am still confused about an hour later, it just seemed so impossible for phelps to win! :lol:

~*BGT*~
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Can someone beat him please? :fiery: He's become the Federer (or should I say the 2004-2007 version of Federer ;) ) of swimming.

cesca
08-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Can someone beat him please? :fiery: He's become the Federer (or should I say the 2004-2007 version of Federer ;) ) of swimming.

Oh poor Federer. He's got a gold though... at last! I don't like Michael Phelps and I don't know why- there's jsut something unpleasant about him. I don't buy this greatest Olympian of all time stuff either, he's just a great swimmer having a great year. For me to win medals over several Olympics is equally (if not more) impressive *cough* Steve Redgrave *cough* :D Also anyone who does Heptathlons etc is good at MANY disciplines rather than one.

Anyway excellent day for GB medals so I am happy!

Venle
08-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I like Phelps :) And Lochte

But I still don't think Phelps is the greatest Olympic athlete of all time

Venle
08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh, and :wavey:

True :rolleyes:

PinkFeatherBoa
08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I like Phelps :) And Lochte

But I still don't think Phelps is the greatest Olympic athlete of all time

Lochte is my favourite of the American swimmers, I was so glad he won an individual gold.
I agree about Phelps not being the greatest Olympian of all time, even if what he is achieving in the pool is very impressive. :worship: I hope he does manage to get his 8.

Venle
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Lochte is my favourite of the American swimmers, I was so glad he won an individual gold.
I agree about Phelps not being the greatest Olympian of all time, even if what he is achieving in the pool is very impressive. :worship: I hope he does manage to get his 8.

Me too, Lochte deserves it :)

Yep. :worship:

His goal is only 1 medal away. I hope he succeeds!

I haven't seen one swimming final live. Shame really. The finals are swum very early my time, and I'm really bad with waking up, so :awww:

Schu
08-16-2008, 08:15 PM

ME Too - everything you said. Was Lochte the one that the announcers were saying is the second best US swimmer and if it wasn't for Phelps he'd be winning a lot more medals? sort of like Fed and Rafa but Rafa's time has finally come, too bad swimmers have to wait another 4 years.

That 100 fly race was really amazing - Phelps definitely has the karma with him - he's got to get 8 now.

On to tennis - when is Del Potro gonna loose? He just beat Haas for his 4th final in a row and it all started by beating RIchie in Stuttgart final. I really don't like his personality on the court-looks like a sour puss, or his "style" but he sure is effective.

tennis lover
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I like Phelps too and I hope he gets his 8 tonight. :dance: Unlike a lot of people in non-tennis who can't stop going on about him doping, I still have faith in the human race and believe that he has achieved this by pure determination and hard work until it is proven otherwise. :) Lochte is cool too and it is unfortunate that he always has to come second to phelps. I was so happy when he won the backstroke. :D

~*BGT*~
08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Rafa and Elena!!! :woohoo:

cesca
08-17-2008, 04:27 PM
I like Phelps too and I hope he gets his 8 tonight. :dance: Unlike a lot of people in non-tennis who can't stop going on about him doping, I still have faith in the human race and believe that he has achieved this by pure determination and hard work until it is proven otherwise. :) Lochte is cool too and it is unfortunate that he always has to come second to phelps. I was so happy when he won the backstroke. :D

Oh yeah I don't believe Phelps has been doping. I was reading about him the other day- his ankles are double-jointed, he's got a long body and short legs, a huge arm span and size 14 feet- the man was just made for swimming!

Venle
08-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, Phelps is just awesome :worship:

I read in the morning he had reached his goal, fantastic :)

tennis lover
08-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah I don't believe Phelps has been doping. I was reading about him the other day- his ankles are double-jointed, he's got a long body and short legs, a huge arm span and size 14 feet- the man was just made for swimming!
I know, it's freaky how well adapted he is to the pool. Add to that his massive VO2 max which means he produces 1/2 or 1/3 the lactic acid of others and the fact that he is damn talented and works hard and you've got a 14-time Olympic gold medallist. :lol:

Rafa :yeah: :worship: I wanted Dinara to win the women's but Elena isn't so bad I guess. Nice 1-2-3 for Russia. :)

EternalxJourney
08-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Oh poor Federer. He's got a gold though... at last! I don't like Michael Phelps and I don't know why- there's jsut something unpleasant about him. I don't buy this greatest Olympian of all time stuff either, he's just a great swimmer having a great year. For me to win medals over several Olympics is equally (if not more) impressive *cough* Steve Redgrave *cough* :D Also anyone who does Heptathlons etc is good at MANY disciplines rather than one.

Anyway excellent day for GB medals so I am happy!

Thank goodness someone else feels the same way. I'm not a fan of Phelps. I don't exactly know why but there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's all that media coverage splashing across all the internet, tv, newspaper, etc. but as he's a great athlete I guess it's fully merited.

Rafas_grl
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Im a fan of both Phelps and Rog and theres nothing wrong with just being a pure champion. After all thats what you do in sports, u wanna be the best and these guys are up there doing it!
When do the individual gymnastics start in the Olympics? is it today?

tennis lover
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Im a fan of both Phelps and Rog and theres nothing wrong with just being a pure champion. After all thats what you do in sports, u wanna be the best and these guys are up there doing it!
When do the individual gymnastics start in the Olympics? is it today?
the gymnastics finished today. :confused: unless you mean rhythmic gymnastics? in which case it starts tomorrow. you can check here:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/Schedule/index.shtml

~*BGT*~
08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Thank goodness someone else feels the same way. I'm not a fan of Phelps. I don't exactly know why but there's something about him that just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's all that media coverage splashing across all the internet, tv, newspaper, etc. but as he's a great athlete I guess it's fully merited.

It's his face and voice that annoys me. :o

In more pleasant news, ALEX WON THE SILVER MEDAL!!!! :woohoo: I was so happy. He was so good, but He Chong just hit perfect dives the entire final. Great job. Now.. time for pics. :inlove:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20080819/capt.cps.nil43.190808194211.photo01.photo.default-512x340.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080819/i/r2632857717.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080819/i/r3590448138.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080819/capt.c73ab8f6a3a54255b0b3fd2b30d8aeff.beijing_olym pics_diving_mens_springboard_oly1389.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/6b/fullj.d94b5da421c46d1c7adcabc9edf57e52/d94b5da421c46d1c7adcabc9edf57e52-getty-81973077sb055_olympics_day_.jpg

cesca
08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh he's a bit lovely isn't he? And he looks so happy :D

EternalxJourney
08-23-2008, 04:09 AM
Why is everyone biting their medals nowadays? I'd prefer to see a kiss instead. ;)

~*BGT*~
08-23-2008, 04:58 AM
Oh he's a bit lovely isn't he? And he looks so happy :D

A bit? He's so :hearts:

Why is everyone biting their medals nowadays? I'd prefer to see a kiss instead. ;)

Because they are copying Rafa. :p

~*BGT*~
08-30-2008, 06:19 AM
:woohoo: Andy. :D

tennis lover
08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
:banana: I'm not sure our celebrating will be too popular here though! ;)

cesca
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe not but I'll join you. Now Richie's out I need someone pretty to follow :D And considering it's not been Andy's best year he needs a helping hand!

~*BGT*~
08-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, another Gasdick fan. :banana:

case
08-31-2008, 02:50 PM
BGT-

are you still in Baton Rouge?
just thought about you and Gustav and hoping you and your family stay safe (and everyone else still in its path)

~*BGT*~
08-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Yeah I am. I live hours from the coast so I don't need to worry about storm surge or even the most powerful winds. Just mainly nervous about the amount of rain we'll be getting and trees. There were a lot of fallen trees during Katrina but no flooding. Baton Rouge is right next to the Miss. River and we have levees, but we are at sea level so we don't have to worry about breaches. But thanks for asking. :)

case
08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah I am. I live hours from the coast so I don't need to worry about storm surge or even the most powerful winds. Just mainly nervous about the amount of rain we'll be getting and trees. There were a lot of fallen trees during Katrina but no flooding. Baton Rouge is right next to the Miss. River and we have levees, but we are at sea level so we don't have to worry about breaches. But thanks for asking. :)

:wavey: good.
i hope it weakens and leaves everybody alone

Venle
09-01-2008, 07:38 AM

~*BGT*~
09-11-2008, 05:09 AM
Kinda quiet. ;) How is everyone? Anyone else in school besides me? I'm a business major at Louisiana State University; my major is management with an entrepreneurship concentration (i want to own my own bridal consulting firm or bridal boutique) I'm taking accounting, economics, IT, and the second half of general biology.

I'm considering, well actually, I am going to, apply for a summer internship with the American Eagle Outfitters corporate office in Pittsburgh for summer 2010. I work at a local AE store so I hope that gives me a boost. :banana: I'm also thinking of joining Phi Sigma Pi, which is an honor co-ed fraternity or Alpha Kappa Psi, which is a professional co-ed business fraternity.

I'm also considering studying a semester abroad. I can't go to France, Spain, Germany, or Italy because you have to take 4 college level courses before you can go and I'm not doing that. :o So it's got to be either Canada (probably York University in Toronto), England, Australia (RMIT University in Melbourne), South Africa, or Sweden or Finland. I'm leading more towards Melbourne or Sweden.

My dream college was Tulane University in New Orleans. I visited it during my senior year of high school and fell in love with the grounds, the dorms, the people.... I was just too afraid to apply. :sad: But I think I may go there for graduate work, namely my MBA. Overall, I'm just excited about things in general.

Sorry for the long post, but I just needed to talk. :lol:

totoro_472
09-11-2008, 08:53 AM
RMIT! This year i'm in my final year of high school, and i'm hoping that i will get into RMIT next year for a bachelor of communications (Public Relations). It looks like an amazing university, it's smack bang in the middle of the city, and in the summer you can easily get to the Australian Open!

~*BGT*~
09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
The AO is why I'm considering it. :lol:

cesca
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I'm starting university in October- French and Russian (Russian from scratch though) and I'm excited! :D And I'll be close to London so hopefully some Queen's/Wimbledon tickets for me. I applied to Wimbly this year and got Ct 1. on Finals day (I don't want to see old people/juniors thank you very much). :mad:

tennis lover
09-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Kinda quiet. ;) How is everyone? Anyone else in school besides me?

I'm also thinking of joining Phi Sigma Pi, which is an honor co-ed fraternity or Alpha Kappa Psi, which is a professional co-ed business fraternity.

I'm also considering studying a semester abroad.

My dream college was Tulane University in New Orleans. I visited it during my senior year of high school and fell in love with the grounds, the dorms, the people.... I was just too afraid to apply. :sad:
:wavey: Hope everyone is ok! :D

I am in uni too, just about to start my 4th year of a maths and french degree. :dance:

Can you explain the whole fraternity thing to me- how do you choose which one to join and (sorry if this sounds rude, it's not meant to! ;) ) what is the point? :lol:

Do it. I just spent a year abroad in France and I absolutely loved it. You get to meet really great people and (in my case anyway) you get really close because you're all in the same situation and I had so much fun. :dance: I would advise everyone to do a placement abroad or even just live abroad for a bit to see what it is like! :D

aww, you shouldn't be scared of things like that- the worst that could've happened is them saying no (and gone elsewhere as you have done) but at least you would've given them the chance to say yes. :hug: if you do decide to continue studying you should apply, otherwise you'll regret it! ;)

~*BGT*~
09-12-2008, 02:39 AM
:wavey: Hope everyone is ok! :D

I am in uni too, just about to start my 4th year of a maths and french degree. :dance:

French :dance: math :o I hate math. I only need to take one more course in calculus and then I'm done :woohoo:

Can you explain the whole fraternity thing to me- how do you choose which one to join and (sorry if this sounds rude, it's not meant to! ;) ) what is the point? :lol:

Well, there are 2 types of fraternities. You have professional ones and then the party ones. The party ones are basically the ones that have a house on campus and members live there. They basically throw big parties on the weekend and get drunk and have sex with as many girls as possible, which they can usually do because the girls are drunk too. :o Sororities are the girls' version of a frat but they aren't partiers. They are usually the prettiest and richest girls on campus. Frats and sororities are usually about just brotherhood and sisterhood and getting lifetime friends and relationships. :wavey:

Now a professional fraternity is totally different. :lol: It's usually done for networking and building professional relationships. It looks great on a resume for a job or for applying to graduate school. :cool: I was joining a professional business fraternity last year but didn't like it so I dropped out. But the one I'm considering is for students with a certain GPA.

Do it. I just spent a year abroad in France and I absolutely loved it. You get to meet really great people and (in my case anyway) you get really close because you're all in the same situation and I had so much fun. :dance: I would advise everyone to do a placement abroad or even just live abroad for a bit to see what it is like! :D

I really want to do it but my mom isn't supportive at all and my family is very ignorant. :rolleyes: They think people just randomly kill Americans overseas. It's almost embarrassing. :o:o

aww, you shouldn't be scared of things like that- the worst that could've happened is them saying no (and gone elsewhere as you have done) but at least you would've given them the chance to say yes. :hug: if you do decide to continue studying you should apply, otherwise you'll regret it! ;)

I also need to afford it. Tuition is $40,000/year compared to $2,000/year where I go. :lol:

tennis lover
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
French :dance: math :o I hate math. I only need to take one more course in calculus and then I'm done :woohoo:

Well, there are 2 types of fraternities. You have professional ones and then the party ones. The party ones are basically the ones that have a house on campus and members live there. They basically throw big parties on the weekend and get drunk and have sex with as many girls as possible, which they can usually do because the girls are drunk too. :o Sororities are the girls' version of a frat but they aren't partiers. They are usually the prettiest and richest girls on campus. Frats and sororities are usually about just brotherhood and sisterhood and getting lifetime friends and relationships. :wavey:

Now a professional fraternity is totally different. :lol: It's usually done for networking and building professional relationships. It looks great on a resume for a job or for applying to graduate school. :cool: I was joining a professional business fraternity last year but didn't like it so I dropped out. But the one I'm considering is for students with a certain GPA.

I really want to do it but my mom isn't supportive at all and my family is very ignorant. :rolleyes: They think people just randomly kill Americans overseas. It's almost embarrassing. :o

I also need to afford it. Tuition is $40,000/year compared to $2,000/year where I go. :lol:
:ras: maths hater. :lol: I get a similar reaction whenever I say what I study! ;)

ok, the professional one sounds good. How do the party fraternities/sororities have houses though? :scratch:

really? :o you should ask your college if they can put you in touch with people who have done it and if you can find out what it's really like it might ease your mom's fears a little. :shrug: or just explain to her that you are grown up and this is something you really want to do and you think it will be an invaluable experience. I dunno, I had no problem with my parents so I don't really know what you can do! :hug:

:eek: ok, that's a good reason to not apply! :lol: that is so expensive! :o

~*BGT*~
09-13-2008, 12:57 AM
The frats/sororities' homes have usually been donated. They're huge houses -- mansions! The ones at my school are surrounding the lakes. Really a shame that those partiers get such beautiful places to live. :o

I think the easier thing for me to do is to study abroad within the country or in Canada.

my0118
09-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Sorry for interrupting the conversation.
But I've been away from here so long!
I hope everyone is doing fine and enjoying your days. ;)

~*BGT*~
09-13-2008, 05:12 AM

Venle
09-13-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm coming here too, if you don't mind? :)

Fired Up!
09-13-2008, 08:43 AM
:bigwave:

~*BGT*~
09-13-2008, 03:51 PM
:smooch:

PinkFeatherBoa
09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey all, just got back here from away. Just saying hi, hope everyone's been well. :wavey:
Off to the other threads now to catch up on all the Richard news. :)

Puschkin
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
:topic: I am not particularly keen on Davis Cup, but I am very happy that my compatriots remained in the world group. They could draw France in 2009. ;)

~*BGT*~
09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm very happy your compatriots won, especially considering who you beat in the play-offs. :lol: It was idiotic to send Bogdanovic in for the deciding rubber, looking at what he did on Friday. :o