The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

my0118
01-27-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah.
Don't want to put too much pressure on him but now it's time to step up, Richard......my patience has some limits!:mad::mad:
I consider that if Richard doesn't AT LEAST win a Master Serie this year,it will be a very very disappointing year and a huge stop in his career.
I'm tired of him and Deblicker saying that in 2 years,he'll challenge for the GSs......he doesn't have time to lose and the others players won't wait him!:mad::mad:

But this is not what we can do about it for him. :shrug: It fully depends on himself.
See Tsonga, after beating Gasquet, I bet he had also some pressure from those matches. As a matter of fact, I was quite surprised he handled the final quite well, although he lost because of his inexperience. And as for Djokovic, he's really tough. I hate him more than I like Gasquet, but his controlling on the big moments paid off so far and made him one of the GS title holders.
I know our boy Gasquet has nerve, but if he couldn't overcome, he won't be at the stage of GS final.

Jozie
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
I just wish that Richard had more self-belief, positive aggression and showed just a little more arrogance, because to me he is an amazing player to watch. Richard is still my favourite player on the ATP, is and always will be.

I like Tsonga, in fact I like all the French tennis players. There is not one French tennis player that I remotely dislike. Why? I just don't know. They all bring something different to the game... Must be the flair.

juvvi
01-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah.
Don't want to put too much pressure on him but now it's time to step up, Richard......my patience has some limits!:mad::mad:
I consider that if Richard doesn't AT LEAST win a Master Serie this year,it will be a very very disappointing year and a huge stop in his career.
I'm tired of him and Deblicker saying that in 2 years,he'll challenge for the GSs......he doesn't have time to lose and the others players won't wait him!:mad::mad:

Ofcourse that is pressure, even if you don't admit it really.

Richie21, you are being extremely hard on Gasquet by dumping your expectations on his fragile shoulder. I understand that you'd like to have a national tennis champion, but Gasquet is not really doing badly. And from the quality of tennis that was on display at the Australian Open (except a few moments of brilliance) doesn't really suggest that Gasquet is far behind the pack. This is inspite of his horrid forehand.

I come from India, which does the same to its sporting heroes by projecting and exploiting them to keep news channels running. So my question is, are you frustrated with Gasquet earning millions with endorsements or just unhappy with his progress?

The way I see it, if I was French I would be extremely proud of a system that produces so many brilliant players. The results in the form of Grand Slams will eventually come. If its not Richie, it might even be Mathieu or Monfils.

Richie's number 8 in the world and will perhaps stay in top 10 for quite some time. I have expectations too after being constantly ridiculed by friends for supporting Richie, but its more important that he plays the game that I like to watch than him winning a Grand Slam because once he gets into the groove of enjoying his game and being on the court and competing, results will only be a formality.

His forehand too, as much a liability that it is, will improve eventually. I am not sure about you, but I am supporting Gasquet for more than 2 years now and there have been periods of disappointment and happiness distributed normally, but never would I set myself a target of a number of years to see his progress and decide on my continuance of support. That would be like investing on a stock or trading on Forex.

Gasquet is simply too special to attach performance parameters to his tennis. Let us just enjoy him express himself on the court. That's when we get the enjoyment, not by making predictions about his success in a competitive game like tennis.

richie21
01-27-2008, 01:33 PM
But this is not what we can do about it for him. :shrug: It fully depends on himself.
See Tsonga, after beating Gasquet, I bet he had also some pressure from those matches. As a matter of fact, I was quite surprised he handled the final quite well, although he lost because of his inexperience. And as for Djokovic, he's really tough. I hate him more than I like Gasquet, but his controlling on the big moments paid off so far and made him one of the GS title holders.
I know our boy Gasquet has nerve, but if he couldn't overcome, he won't be at the stage of GS final.

The thing is that i'm not sure it's first a question of nerves.
As i said ,the first problem of Richard is that he has not improved his game and nevertheless,god knows he has some huge weaknesses which he needs to absolutely correct( forehand on transition play,poor fitness).
Against Tsonga for example,he didn't lose because of his nerves but purely because his slowness,his poor fitness and of course,once again because of his pussy forehand in transition play.
I mean,Tsonga kept attacking Gasquet's FH and almost everytime ,it succeeded whereas when he tried the same thing against Djokovic,the result was very different.

Once again,i'm really questionning what he and Deblicker have been doing in training in the last 2 years.......

richie21
01-27-2008, 01:38 PM
His forehand too, as much a liability that it is, will improve eventually. I am not sure about you, but I am supporting Gasquet for more than 2 years now and there have been periods of disappointment and happiness distributed normally, but never would I set myself a target of a number of years to see his progress and decide on my continuance of support. That would be like investing on a stock or trading on Forex.

I became a fan of Richard after his matches at MC 2005 against Federer and especially against Nadal.
Big problem is that 3 years have passed since then and that those 2 matches in MC still probably remain the 2 best matches of his career so far(and please,don't mention the Roddick match....we all know that Roddick is just a shadow of the 2003 or even 2004 Roddick,as shown by Kohlshreiber recently).......and in my opinion,that is not normal.
Usually and normally, you are necessarly a better player at 21 than at 18 but in Gasquet's case,i'm far from being sure that it's true.

juvvi
01-27-2008, 01:39 PM
As i said ,the first problem of Richard is that he has not improved his game and nevertheless,god knows he has some huge weaknesses which he needs to absolutely correct( forehand on transition play,poor fitness).
Against Tsonga for example,he didn't lose because of his nerves but purely because he
Once again,i'm really questionning what he and Deblicker have been doing in training in the last 2 years.......

Richie21, please pardon my stupidity, if any, for my question.

Does the French tax payer share the burden of Gasquet's coaching and other expenses? I am interested because you give me the impression that you are a shareholder to his fame and expect him to do better because he is using French people's money to fund his tennis program. Is that how it works in France?

juvvi
01-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I became a fan of Richard after his matches at MC 2005 against Federer and especially against Nadal.
Big problem is that 3 years have passed since then and that those 2 matches in MC still probably remain the 2 best matches of his career so far(and please,don't mention the Roddick match....we all know that Roddick is just a shadow of the 2003 or even 2004 Roddick,as shown by Kohlshreiber recently).......and in my opinion,that is not normal.
Usually and normally, you are a better player at 21 than at 18 but in Gasquet's case,i'm far from being sure that it's true.

I used the word 'normally' as in probabilistic sense. Like saying disappointments and happiness were equally distributed.

juvvi
01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Usually and normally, you are a better player at 21 than at 18 but in Gasquet's case,i'm far from being sure that it's true.

Me too. I became a fan after watching Montecarlo 2005. I agree he hasn't played to that level since. I am not sure about the reason. May be he is trying different styles or something. I don't think his match with Roddick should be used as a yardstick for analyzing his level. Roddick is not the player he was.

richie21
01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Me too. I became a fan after watching Montecarlo 2005. I agree he hasn't played to that level since. I am not sure about the reason. May be he is trying different styles or something.

I have some ideas.....

I don't think his match with Roddick should be used as a yardstick for analyzing his level. Roddick is not the player he was.

I'm happy to see someone agree with me about that match.

my0118
01-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Against Tsonga for example,he didn't lose because of his nerves but purely because his slowness,his poor fitness and of course,once again because of his pussy forehand in transition play.
I mean,Tsonga kept attacking Gasquet's FH and almost everytime ,it succeeded whereas when he tried the same thing against Djokovic,the result was very different.

Well but for me, when I see Djokovic, it's more about his mentality than his technique. I think the reason Djokovic improved massively in one year because his handling the nerve has been improved. Maybe that's why Tsonga could be in the final. I mean, of course there must have tatical improvements. But when they hold their nerves, their tatics become much more effective as well. It's about confidence and controlling of their mind. As a matter of fact, when I saw him in MC, I didn't see he has so much weaknesses even on the forehand side. Maybe it's because he hit the ball flatter than now. But these days, he has been moonballing of course, which is kind of letting me down.

*julie*
01-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Me too. I became a fan after watching Montecarlo 2005. I agree he hasn't played to that level since. I am not sure about the reason. May be he is trying different styles or something. I don't think his match with Roddick should be used as a yardstick for analyzing his level. Roddick is not the player he was.

For me his amazing run in Monte Carlo 2005 is quite similar to Tsonga's run in this AO. Nobody was expecting him and he played with 0 pressure. He had no fears at all against these top players. Since then, people has expected him more, he has come through injuries and then he has managed to become a consistent player.
Now he knows his weaknesses and I just want him to play more agressively and with confidence. This will come.

Jozie
01-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Usually and normally, you are necessarly a better player at 21 than at 18 but in Gasquet's case,i'm far from being sure that it's true.

I too became a fan or Richard after his match against Federer at MC2005. Richard is going to get better and better without a doubt. There are a couple of GS's in store for Richard. He will never dominate, but he will always be force to be reckoned with. I say he will make Top 5 this year, which is his goal.

richie21
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
Well but for me, when I see Djokovic, it's more about his mentality than his technique. I think the reason Djokovic improved massively in one year because his handling the nerve has been improved. Maybe that's why Tsonga could be in the final. I mean, of course there must have tatical improvements. But when they hold their nerves, their tatics become much more effective as well. It's about confidence and controlling of their mind. As a matter of fact, when I saw him in MC, I didn't see he has so much weaknesses even on the forehand side. Maybe it's because he hit the ball flatter than now. But these days, he has been moonballing of course, which is kind of letting me down.

Don't be naive,Djokovic has massively improved in one year firstly because his game has widely improved(by his own admission).
Beetween the Djokovic of 2005 and the Djokovic of 2007,there is a world of difference in term of fitness,solidity in both wings and serve.
I'm just wondering if Richard has really that desire to improve his game at all cost on him.....and there,that's not a question of nerves but a question of motivation.
Does he do everything to improve his game AND his fitness??
Does he really want to win big titles??
Does his coach do everything that is possible to fullfill Richard's potential??
If i were him,that's some questions i would ask to myself.

I might be harsh with him there but my feeling is that what he has achieved since MC 2005 was the strict minimum considering his talent and his potential

juvvi
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
I too became a fan or Richard after his match against Federer at MC2005. Richard is going to get better and better without a doubt. There are a couple of GS's in store for Richard. He will never dominate, but he will always be force to be reckoned with. I say he will make Top 5 this year, which is his goal.

Me too. I don't really think he is too behind the pack. Perhaps a couple of the top 10 are bad match ups but he handles himself well against most of the other players. Some of the heart breaking losses last year was against Volandri, Verdasco and Djokovic. I hope he avoids similar losses this year.

richie21
01-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Me too. I don't really think he is too behind the pack. Perhaps a couple of the top 10 are bad match ups but he handles himself well against most of the other players. Some of the heart breaking losses last year was against Volandri, Verdasco and Djokovic. I hope he avoids similar losses this year.

That's where i think you are unfortunately wrong.
With his current game,never in a million year i can see him beat players like Federer,Djokovic,Nalbandian,Ferrer or even Nadal on hardcourt.

my0118
01-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Don't be naive,Djokovic has massively improved in one year firstly because his game has widely improved(by his own admission).
Beetween the Djokovic of 2005 and the Djokovic of 2007,there is a world of difference in term of fitness,solidity in both wings and serve.
I'm just wondering if Richard has really that desire to improve his game at all cost on him.....and there,that's not a question of nerves but a question of motivation.
Does he do everything to improve his game AND his fitness??
Does he really want to win big titles??
Does his coach do everything that is possible to fullfill Richard's potential??
If i were him,that's some questions i would ask to myself.

I might be harsh with him there but my feeling is that what he has achieved since MC 2005 was the strict minimum considering his talent and his potential

Well if you say 05's Djokovic, I cannot mention about him because I didn't know him at that time. But since I noticed him in 06' and his some crucial matches made current Novak.
Still don't think he's talented. Of course his ball striking is great especially on the forehand side, that's all yet it's so effective. I don't see him having variety. But the thing is he believes himself he can do that. He's a prick but his arrogance delievers himself.

Actually I don't want to judge his career only by this time. You know what happened to Hewitt, Roddick and Safin. But I know he's not been fulfilling his potential. He could have a career like Nalbandian has. Yet I still prefer kind of his play or Murray's to Nole's, even if Nole's career has been far better.

richie21
01-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Well if you say 05's Djokovic, I cannot mention about him because I didn't know him at that time. But since I noticed him in 06' and his some crucial matches made current Novak.
Still don't think he's talented. Of course his ball striking is great especially on the forehand side, that's all yet it's so effective. I don't see him having variety. But the thing is he believes himself he can do that. He's a prick but his arrogance delievers himself.

Actually I don't want to judge his career only by this time. You know what happened to Hewitt, Roddick and Safin. But I know he's not been fulfilling his potential. He could have a career like Nalbandian has. Yet I still prefer kind of his play or Murray's to Nole's, even if Nole's career has been far better.

The problem is that even at Gasquet's current age,Nalbandian had far better results than Gasquet,especially in the Grand Slams.

my0118
01-27-2008, 02:28 PM
The problem is that even at Gasquet's current age,Nalbandian had far better results than Gasquet,especially in the Grand Slams.

It's true but he still hasn't yet a single GS title. :shrug:

richie21
01-27-2008, 02:46 PM
It's true but he still hasn't yet a single GS title. :shrug:

But Nalbandian has at least won Master Series.
Gasquet has only won MM tournaments so far.

my0118
01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
But Nalbandian has at least won Master Series.
Gasquet has only won MM tournaments so far.

LOL but this was the last year when he's what.. 25?
Do we have to wait 3 years more? :o
And his TMC title was also when he was 23.

Jozie
01-27-2008, 03:24 PM

Juvvi, my saddest loss for Richard was against Vliegen at the FO last year. Richard is normally a pretty good clay court player, and this loss just left me deeply disappointed. But I agree with you, his losses to Volandri and Verdasco were heart breaking.

Nevertheless, I continue supporting him, and yes may he avoid losing to these lesser ranked players. I really believe he is at a different level this year.:D

lisaplenske
01-27-2008, 03:28 PM
really sad for jo wilfried,he couldnt win the finale today:sad:

very good first set and then he collapsed in the second and third.Very tough to play djokovic,he was on fire but what a shame jo couldnt convert the bp at 5-5 in the fourth set.
So yannick noah still the only frenchman who won a GS Finale 25 years ago.I wanted so bad jo to break this "malediction"but he couldnt.Thats sport.The serbian was better today.
hopefully the next GS finalist and winner? will be richard.He needs for that to be very very solid.Hopefully he will improved as well as djokvic.

*julie*
01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes. He has been brilliant in the end of this first set but Djoko was better then. Anyway, he can be proud of himself. He got many fans and media attention in this tournament. I wish him all the best for the future.

Btw, here is what I found on Eurosport:

Vous sentez-vous comme le nouveau leader du tennis français ?
J-W.T. : Non. Je n'ai jamais gagné le moindre tournoi. Je n'ai pas la moindre sélection en coupe Davis. J'ai encore beaucoup de choses à prouver.

which means:
Do you feel like the new leader of french tennis?
No. I have never won any titles, never been in the DC team. (it's just a matter of time now ;) ) I still have many things to prove.

my0118
01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I love Tsonga's lively game on the court although his style is not my preference. I hope he continues to play like that. No doubt he's such talented and could've held the trophy, but he couldn't keep his level up because Novak was too tough mentally. However he had a great tournament. Next time hope he beats Djokovic like he did to Nadal.

Allure
01-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I agree with all of you here. Richard needs to step up. Many youngsters are surpassing him. Tsonga has made the final of a GS and Djoko has won a GS. I don't believe Richard is not bothered by his peers' successes. What worries me is he is not doing anything about it. He still plays too passively and with that moonball fh. Get a new coach or change your game. :mad:

richie21
01-27-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree with all of you here. Richard needs to step up. Many youngsters are surpassing him. Tsonga has made the final of a GS and Djoko has won a GS. I don't believe Richard is not bothered by his peers' successes. What worries me is he is not doing anything about it. He still plays too passively and with that moonball fh. Get a new coach or change your game. :mad:

If only it was at least an agressive moonball FH....but no,that's even worse.

richie21
01-27-2008, 08:25 PM

Actually,more than to avoid those sort of losses,i hope he'll finally begin to consistently beat the top players like Federer,Nadal,Djokovic,Ferrer or Davydenko.
Richard is usually pretty consistent at beating players who are weaker than him as showed by the now (too) high number of GS 1/8 finals he has made.....but he has really a hard time to make the next step.
The truth is that he has still yet to beat a really top player in a GS(can't count the Roddick of the last year as a top player)........when will it happen,Richard?:rolleyes:

Allure
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Actually,more than to avoid those sort of losses,i hope he'll finally begin to consistently beat the top players like Federer,Nadal,Djokovic,Ferrer or Davydenko.
Richard is usually pretty consistent at beating players who are weaker than him as showed by the now (too) high number of GS 1/8 finals he has made.....but he has really a hard time to make the next step.
The truth is that he has still yet to beat a really top player in a GS(can't count the Roddick of the last year as a top player)........when will it happen,Richard?:rolleyes:

I agree. He can beat lower ranked players (Lopez, Andreev, Murray, Berdych) but when it comes to the big boys (Fed, Djoko, Nadal) he has a hard time with them. But Djoko is lucky that Fed is at his declining stage so he can take advantage of that. Gasquet hasn't played Fed when he was struggling on a hardcourt. I think if Gasquet were to play Fed now, he might have a decent of chance of winning. With Djoko, he is very solid off of both wings especially his fh side. Gasquet, with his moonball fh, has no chance against Djoko because the Serb can attack it easily. In a rally, Djoko wins 75% of the time. With Nadal, Gasquet can beat Nadal (he had his chances in TMS) but Nadal's mental spirit is too strong and Gasquet gives up half way. But definitely on a hardcourt, Gasquet will beat Nadal someday.

richie21
01-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I agree. He can beat lower ranked players (Lopez, Andreev, Murray, Berdych) but when it comes to the big boys (Fed, Djoko, Nadal) he has a hard time with them. But Djoko is lucky that Fed is at his declining stage so he can take advantage of that. Gasquet hasn't played Fed when he was struggling on a hardcourt. I think if Gasquet were to play Fed now, he might have a decent of chance of winning.

I'm far from being sure about that!
The last time he played Federer at Wimbledon,i thought Federer had played averagely(probably even worse than his match against Djokovic in this AO) but Richard was still beaten in straight sets.....and i remember that a big reason for it was once again his FH(he missed for example one crucial forehand in the first set when he had chances to break Federer)
Perhaps that the ridiculous scheduling from the Wimbledon organisers didn't help but still,i was pretty disappointed that day as Federer was really beatable.

At Montreal too in 2006,Federer was playing very averagely and yet again,Richard couldn't take advantage of it.

With Nadal, Gasquet can beat Nadal (he had his chances in TMS) but Nadal's mental spirit is too strong and Gasquet gives up half way. But definitely on a hardcourt, Gasquet will beat Nadal someday.

Well,frankly,if that happens,that won't be a big achievement as Nadal is hardly a benchmark on hardcourt

Allure
01-27-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm far from being sure about that!
The last time he played Federer at Wimbledon,i thought Federer had played averagely(probably even worse than his match against Djokovic in this AO) but Richard was still beaten in straight sets.....and i remember that a big reason for it was once his FH(he missed for example one crucial forehand in the first set when he had chances to break Federer)
Perhaps that the ridiculous scheduling from the Wimbledon organisers didn't help but still,i was pretty disappointed that day as Federer was really beatable.

At Montreal too in 2006,Federer was playing very averagely and yet again,Richard couldn't take advantage of it.

Well,frankly,if that happens,that won't be a big achievement as Nadal is hardly a benchmark on hardcourt

I haven't seen the Wimbledon match so I don't know how bad it was. In Toronto Federer played average in the first set (though kudos to Richard for those two bh passes) but upped his level in the last two. The last two sets were vintage Fed IMO. So I didn't think that Gasquet loss to a poor Federer that day. I truly believe that with the way Fed is playing now (pretty poor) Gasquet has a chance if he's playing well. I also think his nerves get the better of him when he plays Federer. Djoko doesn't have that problem.

juvvi
01-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I keep saying this again. Richie21, you are being very harshly judgemental on Gasquet. How do you know that he's not been trying to improve his game? Why do you think his results don't mean anything to him?

Like I asked, I am interested to know if its the french tax payers money that Gasquet is using to pay his coach. If that is so, I can understand that you feel your money is wasted.

I am not sure if you are trying to act as a calming influence but don't you think you are repetitive too. For example, what exactly is the technical issue on Gasquet's forehand? What's he not doing well - moving hips in line with the ball or what?

I understand that you know tennis better than lots of us fans here, who know just enough to understand that Gasquet's a special player. You coming on the forum to constantly squash the notion is only demoralizing.

And no, why should you compare Gasquet to anybody. Gasquet is Gasquet and he is doing pretty well. I don't care if he ever wins a Grand Slam, but just gives me the hope that may be he will whenever I watch his first round match.

I can see how Djoko improved his serve and fitness. I can say the same about Gasquet.

Allure
01-27-2008, 09:18 PM
I keep saying this again. Richie21, you are being very harshly judgemental on Gasquet. How do you know that he's not been trying to improve his game? Why do you think his results don't mean anything to him?

Like I asked, I am interested to know if its the french tax payers money that Gasquet is using to pay his coach. If that is so, I can understand that you feel your money is wasted.

I am not sure if you are trying to act as a calming influence but don't you think you are repetitive too. For example, what exactly is the technical issue on Gasquet's forehand? What's he not doing well - moving hips in line with the ball or what?

I understand that you know tennis better than lots of us fans here, who know just enough to understand that Gasquet's a special player. You coming on the forum to constantly squash the notion is only demoralizing.

And no, why should you compare Gasquet to anybody. Gasquet is Gasquet and he is doing pretty well. I don't care if he ever wins a Grand Slam, but just gives me the hope that may be he will whenever I watch his first round match.

I can see how Djoko improved his serve and fitness. I can say the same about Gasquet.

Juvvi, Richie21 might be a little hard on Gasquet but he makes some good points. Gasquet's fh is a weakness. He needs to flatten it out instead of hitting moonballs all the time. But yes, he shouldn't put all of France's burden on Gasquet.

juvvi
01-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Juvvi, Richie21 might be a little hard on Gasquet but he makes some good points. Gasquet's fh is a weakness. He needs to flatten it out instead of hitting moonballs all the time. But yes, he shouldn't put all of France's burden on Gasquet.

Richie21 is not a little, but too hard on poor Gasquet. Gasquet's forehand is a weakness not because he moonballs all the time. That is a symptom for his wrong technique. I am interested to know what Richie21 thinks is the technical problem with Richie's forehand.

For example, when he hits it flatter, he hits it better than all those spinning forehands out there on the tour. We can sit here and talk about 100 things that Gasquet can be doing better, but I am sure he knows it better than us.

I can only parallel this kind of attention to a cricket player in India called Tendulkar. Many Indians get overtly sentimental about his results and it has never helped anyone.

Allure
01-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Richie21 is not a little, but too hard on poor Gasquet. Gasquet's forehand is a weakness not because he moonballs all the time. That is a symptom for his wrong technique. I am interested to know what Richie21 thinks is the technical problem with Richie's forehand.

For example, when he hits it flatter, he hits it better than all those spinning forehands out there on the tour. We can sit here and talk about 100 things that Gasquet can be doing better, but I am sure he knows it better than us.

I can only parallel this kind of attention to a cricket player in India called Tendulkar. Many Indians get overtly sentimental about his results and it has never helped anyone.

Anyway we can say all we want but what matters is what Gasquet decides to do. I hope he improve his game this year and maybe win a Masters soon.

Allure
01-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Just saw what Nole's mom said about Roger. (The king is dead. Long live the new king.) I never hated someone I don't know before but I really want to slap that bitch.

richie21
01-28-2008, 12:07 AM

Well,if he is really trying to improve then something must be wrong with his way of trying to improve......or with his coach :o

I think that even someone who has barely played tennis in his life would note that something is wrong with the way Gasquet hits his forehand in transition play(especially when the ball comes at fast pace on his forehand).

Allure
01-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Johnny Weir, a US figure skater, is an asshole. Before the free skate, he said ''Me and Lysacek would never be friends. He's just a person I don't care for.'' And ''Quad is not a big thing. Evan has been trying to land it all season and it has done nothing for him. My routine is not defined by jumps. It's all silliness to me.'' *smirk* :rolleyes:

my0118
01-28-2008, 03:29 AM

Well I'm thinking with you although I hope his forehand would be a bit of more flattened. But he does not moonball all the time. Sometimes he flattens it out and it's effective. But the thing is he does moonball and play to stick his ass to the wall when he plays passively.

Speaking of his poor results against top ranked players rather than low ranked players, this shows it's more about mentality than his techniques or tactics. He even played brilliantly against top ranked players yet still lost (last year agains Roddick in IW, Djokovic in Estoril and Nadal in TMC). What could we judge from this? His tactics or his natural forehand weakness? I think not. And we saw his mental lapses a few times in Melbourne as well. (1st round for example) I hate to bring up about Djokovic, but his arrogance (believe himself that he could win over Fed) has played an important role of his success so far. If Gasquet had been mentally tough as much as Djokovic, he wouldn't have lost to Tsonga.

We all know inside the top 100 players' techniques or abilities are a razor-thin line. But the difference between the top 10 or top 5 and the rest of them is they know how to handle the pressure and mental thoughness most of times when it matters.

juvvi
01-28-2008, 03:39 AM
I think that even someone who has barely played tennis in his life would note that something is wrong with the way Gasquet hits his forehand in transition play(especially when the ball comes at fast pace on his forehand).

The way you describe seems incomplete. It's obvious that he doesn't take the ball on the rise, the way he does with his backhand. He plays it very late and is hence stuck with trying to lob the ball up or just defend it.

You keep repeating that there is 'something' wrong, but what exactly is this 'something'? Is it his grip? Or his footwork? or his drive? I mean there could be several things wrong with it, but for me its just his mental strength that he lacks that forces him to play defensively on the forehand.

He just needs to hire Agassi as the coach, and work on taking the ball really early. There's nothing wrong with his technique as far as I know. It's just the intent.

For the record, I think he will do absolutely well when he starts to do that. Not many of the current players do it. Novak has a western grip that doesn't allow him to effectively play attacking tennis, Nadal is a joke, only Federer, Davydenko and Nalbandian have the technique to do this. Even Richard Gasquet can do this, because he has the right grip for that strategy. All he requires is application and hours of practice on the court. His off-field injury perhaps hampered his preparation for this year.

My theory is simple. If Tsonga can do it, I am sure Richard can go one better and win a slam. To me, he seems obviously a better player than Tsonga.

Allure
01-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Juvvi, you and Richie21 should join together and coach Richie. ;)

juvvi
01-28-2008, 03:53 AM
And Richie21,

I am not trying to take you on or anything. I am just concerned that in a forum with fans, you could come up with a detailed critique of his game and thus enable us to assess the real problem rather than repeating an obvious and unclear assertion about his forehand.

I repeat that he is not as bad, technically, as you make him out to be. He would perhaps win a Slam or masters even without improving his forehand. For every practical purpose, Federer has a weak backhand (slow racquet speed, short balls) and yet came up with a gameplan that dominated world tennis for so long. Why can't Gasquet do that, instead of harping on his weakness all the time? May be he is working on that plan?

juvvi
01-28-2008, 03:55 AM
Juvvi, you and Richie21 should join together and coach Richie. ;)

:devil:
I don't know shit about tennis. As much as Richie21 does. I only hope when he writes, he can be more informative.

Allure
01-28-2008, 04:00 AM
:devil:
I don't know shit about tennis. As much as Richie21 does. I only hope when he writes, he can be more informative.

From what I read, you give detailed and insightful analysis on Richard's forehand. And so does Richie. You should both send an email to Deblicker. I think you have something with taking the ball early and hiring Agassi.

Schu
01-28-2008, 05:10 AM
We all know inside the top 100 players' techniques or abilities are a razor-thin line. But the difference between the top 10 or top 5 and the rest of them is they know how to handle the pressure and mental thoughness most of times when it matters.

Exactly. Even most of the Top 10 (except Fed) have some technical flaw or limitation. Nadal is proof of just how important the mental aspect of the game is.

I've read about 4 pages of the usual discussion on Richie's forehand and how he is not improving, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I agree that he has some technical, mental and tactical issues but he didn't get to #8 with no improvement. And his serve and serve/volley game is definitely better than that 2005 benchmark everyone speaks of. Does anyone really believe he and his coach don't know the problems and aren't trying to fix them? If all of us can see it I hardly doubt it hasn't registered with Richard and his coach.

Richie may never win a GS or even a MS and that would truly be disappointing. But he is an absolute joy to watch when he is in the zone and he is always a classy guy on the court (not to mention extremely good looking ;)and that might be the best we get. Richard is Richard and while I'd love to see him raise a ton of trophies over his head and I was jealous that Tsonga was in the AO final instead of Richie, I'll continue to support him and let he and his team do the coaching.

AND DID DJOKOVIC's MOM REALLY SAY THAT ABOUT THE NEW KING? PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO...

Allure
01-28-2008, 05:24 AM
Exactly. Even most of the Top 10 (except Fed) have some technical flaw or limitation. Nadal is proof of just how important the mental aspect of the game is.

I've read about 4 pages of the usual discussion on Richie's forehand and how he is not improving, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. I agree that he has some technical, mental and tactical issues but he didn't get to #8 with no improvement. And his serve and serve/volley game is definitely better than that 2005 benchmark everyone speaks of. Does anyone really believe he and his coach don't know the problems and aren't trying to fix them? If all of us can see it I hardly doubt it hasn't registered with Richard and his coach.

Richie may never win a GS or even a MS and that would truly be disappointing. But he is an absolute joy to watch when he is in the zone and he is always a classy guy on the court (not to mention extremely good looking ;)and that might be the best we get. Richard is Richard and while I'd love to see him raise a ton of trophies over his head and I was jealous that Tsonga was in the AO final instead of Richie, I'll continue to support him and let he and his team do the coaching.

AND DID DJOKOVIC's MOM REALLY SAY THAT ABOUT THE NEW KING? PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO...

I refuse to believe that. Richie will win a MS this year. :crying2:

I think it's a blessing in disguise that Richie didn't make the AO final. Look at Baghdatis and Gonzales. :o

Yes. There was a thread on it on GM but it got deleted. Let me find the article.

my0118
01-28-2008, 05:25 AM

Go to GM and read all about threads about Djokovic :haha:

Allure
01-28-2008, 05:27 AM
Schu here's the link. I really want to slap his mom. :o

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/7726158

Allure
01-28-2008, 05:31 AM
I read in Fed's forum that he had an IV needle stuck into him. And on the day of the Tipsarevic match, Roger went to the bathroom and threw up. :eek: :sad:

my0118
01-28-2008, 05:32 AM
The thread about Nole's mother is deleted by mods. :retard:

Schu
01-28-2008, 05:36 AM

WOW! Thanks! O.K. now we know why the Ego Prince, Oh, excuse me -"King" is the way he is.

And FOX sports writer give me a break - "all court player" with no weakness in his game - Nole's volley sucks!

Allure
01-28-2008, 05:39 AM
The thread about Nole's mother is deleted by mods. :retard:

*cough*Lee*cough*

Schu
01-28-2008, 05:58 AM
I read in Fed's forum that he had an IV needle stuck into him. And on the day of the Tipsarevic match, Roger went to the bathroom and threw up. :eek: :sad:

Djokovic's win over Roger should have an "*" behind it in the record books (like Barry Bonds home run record)- beat "The King" because The King had spent 6 days in the bathroom. Or did the King just get so scared he wasn't going to make a final...

Allure
01-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Djokovic's win over Roger should have an "*" behind it in the record books (like Barry Bonds home run record)- beat "The King" because The King had spent 6 days in the bathroom. Or did the King just get so scared he wasn't going to make a final...

The diarrhea report was TMI. :tape:

EternalxJourney
01-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Hey guys, let's just leave all the Djoke family's antics in GM. I've had enough of them today to last a lifetime. We can all agree what she said was incredible tasteless and obnoxious but I'm hopeful that Novak will realize the problem and tell his parents to take a chill pill.

And regarding Richie21's "harsh" criticism of Richard, I tend to agree. He still has ways to go before he can beat top 10 players consistently. But I think Jo's inspiring performance at this AO will motivate Richard to correct whatever is hindering him from winning the big matches.

In other news, I can finally get a good night rest after 2 grueling weeks of sleeping at godforsaken hours. What a tournament!

eck
01-28-2008, 07:32 AM
It kinda sucks because his match against Lopez, he was at his prime. Feli had no answers what so ever. And it's extremely disheartening that the commentators believed Richard had a chance this year, but Richard said he didn't.

If you don't have the belief, you ain't going anywhere.

Allure
01-28-2008, 07:34 AM
If only Richie had half of Nole's confidence. :sad:

lisaplenske
01-28-2008, 10:38 AM

the same for me:(

the difference between the tsonga mum reaction(very humble,proud of what her son did in that finale ,congratulated djokovic to be such a great player) and djokovic one who just exhibe her dirty arrogance is so huge.Cant stand that kind of people:boxing:

richie21
01-28-2008, 01:47 PM
The way you describe seems incomplete. It's obvious that he doesn't take the ball on the rise, the way he does with his backhand. He plays it very late and is hence stuck with trying to lob the ball up or just defend it.

You keep repeating that there is 'something' wrong, but what exactly is this 'something'? Is it his grip? Or his footwork? or his drive? I mean there could be several things wrong with it, but for me its just his mental strength that he lacks that forces him to play defensively on the forehand.

It's hard to describe it with words(especially in english!).
All i can say is that when he hits that forehand in transition play,i don't have the feeling he transfers the strenght of his body on it(to sum up,he just hits it with the power of his hand).
It's particularly obvious when the ball is short and that he has to run forward to hit it: you just have the feeling he pushes the ball to place it and doesn't use the power of his body to hit it.
It results on a forehand which is well placed but which sorely lacks pace and power and then he gets easily passed in the net (it has happened so many times against Tsonga).
My feeling is that it's a problem of coordination beetween his FH hitting and the way he moves his foots.

It kinda sucks because his match against Lopez, he was at his prime. Feli had no answers what so ever. And it's extremely disheartening that the commentators believed Richard had a chance this year, but Richard said he didn't.

If you don't have the belief, you ain't going anywhere.

I saw the match and no,he wasn't at his prime.
He just took advantage of Lopez's style of play.
Richard is always at his best against serve and volleyers with a poor baseline play like Roddick or Lopez as he is very good at passing.
As i said just after this match,we needed to see him play against a player with a great serve AND a great and powerful baseline play to judge of his true level.....and we saw his current true level against Tsonga.

If only Richie had half of Nole's confidence. :sad:

More than Djokovic's confidence, i envy his motivation.
Considering the almost non-existent improvement in his game during the last 2 years(beetween 18 and 21,it's not normal to not improve your game),i'm now really questionning Gasquet's motivation and/or work-ethic(assuming Deblicker is a good coach).

Puschkin
01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
It's particularly obvious when the ball is short and that he has to run forward to hit it: you just have the feeling he pushes the ball to place it and doesn't use the power of his body to hit it.

I disagree here, I think he is well capable to put away a short ball with his FH, but you are right that his FH is not the most powerful shot in FH rallies. FH long line is a shot he does not use too often. That's why I feel always much better when the BH comes into play, because on that side, he can do anything.

Allure
02-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm so excited Safin is playing in the SAP Open. I hope he makes it to the finals. I want to go to his exhibition against Sampras but it's on a Monday night and I might have to take a taxi/bus.

eck
02-02-2008, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't put too much hope in Safin nowadays :o

Ennaid
02-04-2008, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't put too much hope in Safin nowadays :o

:sad: oh the pain of being a safin fan but there's still hope

Allure
02-04-2008, 03:34 AM
:sad: oh the pain of being a safin fan but there's still hope

Who's that guy in your avatar?

Ennaid
02-04-2008, 03:39 AM
he's a real cutie , isn't he?
He's a french actor,Gaspard Ulliel

gasguet#1
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Hi Bren here, new to the list, any others know of any chat groups on our boy wonder Richie? or any who want to chat feel free to message or msn me, love the list so far!

my0118
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Bren here, new to the list, any others know of any chat groups on our boy wonder Richie? or any who want to chat feel free to message or msn me, love the list so far!

Hello Bren, we used to talk in here often but apparently we don't.. guess because he's not playing. lol
Anyway you can bring up anything you want to talk about. :wavey:

Allure
02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
he's a real cutie , isn't he?
He's a french actor,Gaspard Ulliel

I thought so. :lol: He was in the last Hannibal movie, right?

EternalxJourney
02-04-2008, 11:20 PM
OT:

Anyone watch the game last night? GO GIANTS!!

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 12:05 AM
I thought so. :lol: He was in the last Hannibal movie, right?

Yerh he was , havent seen it though ahha im too chicken.
Is the movie any good ?

Allure
02-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Yerh he was , havent seen it though ahha im too chicken.
Is the movie any good ?

No idea. I'm too chicken also. :o

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 12:27 AM
well thank god there is the internet where we can access photos rather than having to watch the actual movie to check him out lol.
Anyways Allure what time is it in america? usually when im on theres no one else on

Allure
02-05-2008, 12:53 AM
well thank god there is the internet where we can access photos rather than having to watch the actual movie to check him out lol.
Anyways Allure what time is it in america? usually when im on theres no one else on

It's 4:52 pm right now. Is it morning over there?

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 01:38 AM
yerh its 10:36 am here with daylight savings.
Today is first day back to school for kids and well since i finished school it feels preety weird. Are kids in America on school holidays right now?

Allure
02-05-2008, 02:00 AM
No most are back from winter break. What do you do now that you are out of school?

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 02:05 AM
nothing lol i am a bum !!! nothing much really i start uni in like a month so im just trying to enjoy my summer hols as much as i can.
What about you?

Allure
02-05-2008, 02:23 AM
I am a junior at SJSU. I will graduate in about one and a half years. What uni are you going to?

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 02:40 AM
university of western australia ( yerhp thats right i live on the other side (boring side ) of Australia.
So whats a junior at uni. Does that mean your the youngest year there? What course are you studying?

Allure
02-05-2008, 02:59 AM
university of western australia ( yerhp thats right i live on the other side (boring side ) of Australia.
So whats a junior at uni. Does that mean your the youngest year there? What course are you studying?

Junior means third year. First year is freshman, second year is sophomore, etc. :) I am studying corporate financial management. I hate my business writing class. The professor is a grammar nazi. One grammar mistake on a paper is one letter grade down. :rolleyes:

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 03:46 AM
Hahha reminds me of my old history teacher..if we spelled any russian names wrong we would fail the question.
So is coporate financial management under Bachelor Of Commerce lol cos thats what im doing along with BA.
I dont like the sound of business writing class , sounds tiring.

Allure
02-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Hahha reminds me of my old history teacher..if we spelled any russian names wrong we would fail the question.
So is coporate financial management under Bachelor Of Commerce lol cos thats what im doing along with BA.
I dont like the sound of business writing class , sounds tiring.

Corporate financial management would be a BS degree. I don't know lol. :lol:

Yeah it sucks. There's a writing assignment each day and we have to write business letters, press releases, and memos. She always give me a bad grade due to little grammatical errors like commas and stuff. :rolleyes:

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Corporate financial management would be a BS degree. I don't know lol. :lol:

Yeah it sucks. There's a writing assignment each day and we have to write business letters, press releases, and memos. She always give me a bad grade due to little grammatical errors like commas and stuff. :rolleyes:

ahhh i would never be able to handle that much , how do you survive with a teacher :devil: like that lol

my0118
02-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Happy chinese new year for those who take it as holidays :wavey:

Allure
02-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Mia, haven't seen you in so long. :wavey:

Money. :woohoo:

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 05:44 AM
Happy chinese new year for those who take it as holidays :wavey:

does it start today?

my0118
02-05-2008, 05:51 AM
Mia, haven't seen you in so long. :wavey:

Money. :woohoo:

Hey brittany. :wavey:
:eek: Do you have a tradition like that too? :worship:
I like this holiday most. :lol:

does it start today?

Well not yet. it will start tomorrow and the exact day is Thursday. ;)

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 08:38 AM
i thought so lol because usually the day before my mum gets all crazy and yells at me to go clean the house and currently its very peaceful:)

Allure
02-05-2008, 08:44 AM
i thought so lol because usually the day before my mum gets all crazy and yells at me to go clean the house and currently its very peaceful:)

Are you Asian too? :eek:

Ennaid
02-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Are you Asian too? :eek:

;)LOL yes indeeed i am. so i assume both of you guys are too.
and this year i wont get any money. I have a theory that the older you get , relatives tend to forget about you (maybe its just my family though)

Allure
02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
;)LOL yes indeeed i am. so i assume both of you guys are too.
and this year i wont get any money. I have a theory that the older you get , relatives tend to forget about you (maybe its just my family though)

Richard has a lot of Asian fans. :p

I'm sure you'll get some. But yeah it's true that when you get older, the less money you receive. :rolleyes:

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Yerh I will probably only get money from my parents and closest aunts and uncles.

Anyways out of curiousity I was wondering if anyone knew how hot it can get during Roland Garros???

Allure
02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Yerh I will probably only get money from my parents and closest aunts and uncles.

Anyways out of curiousity I was wondering if anyone knew how hot it can get during Roland Garros???

I'm not sure but I'm guessing pretty hot since it's during the summer and France is in the the northern hemisphere.

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Good point lol .... was just thinking if there is a big temperature difference between the Aus Open and Roland Garros.

At Kooyong Andy Roddick and Marat Safin were playing in 40 degree heat and the commentators were saying how its around 50 on the court ...im blabbing on again.

Allure you ever been to US open?

Allure
02-06-2008, 01:15 AM
Good point lol .... was just thinking if there is a big temperature difference between the Aus Open and Roland Garros.

At Kooyong Andy Roddick and Marat Safin were playing in 40 degree heat and the commentators were saying how its around 50 on the court ...im blabbing on again.

Allure you ever been to US open?

No. I wanted to go last year but my mom wouldn't let me go alone plus I have school. I want to go when I turn 21 this year but it clashes with my school again. :rolleyes:

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 01:44 AM
That sucks!! I guess you can just wait till school finishes or why dont you just go anyways and just watch your classes online?

I want to go to Aus open one day but its too far the only thing they have here is Hopman Cup and i find that tournanment boring as

Allure
02-06-2008, 02:03 AM
That sucks!! I guess you can just wait till school finishes or why dont you just go anyways and just watch your classes online?

I want to go to Aus open one day but its too far the only thing they have here is Hopman Cup and i find that tournanment boring as

Unfortunately, only few classes are offered online. Plus, you have to show up the first couple of days or risk getting dropped. Besides, I don't think I have the money to go to NY. I live in CA. :lol:

What part of Australia do you live in?

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 02:19 AM
Unfortunately, only few classes are offered online. Plus, you have to show up the first couple of days or risk getting dropped. Besides, I don't think I have the money to go to NY. I live in CA. :lol:

What part of Australia do you live in?

Wow thats pretty far aye!!! I live in Perth so the western side of Australia... very boring , nothing much happens and yerh were known as the most isolated city in the world. We have nice beaches here but then again sydney and melbourne have better.So whats the weather like in CA right now, it is a really nice place to live in hey??? Right now in Perth its soo hot we have had 30+ degrees for over a month:cool:

Allure
02-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Wow thats pretty far aye!!! I live in Perth so the western side of Australia... very boring , nothing much happens and yerh were known as the most isolated city in the world. We have nice beaches here but then again sydney and melbourne have better.So whats the weather like in CA right now, it is a really nice place to live in hey??? Right now in Perth its soo hot we have had 30+ degrees for over a month:cool:

It's pretty cold here since it's still winter. During the summer, it gets really hot. :lol: Is Australia a nice place to live? I want to move there after I graduate and save up from my job.

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 02:53 AM
It's pretty cold here since it's still winter. During the summer, it gets really hot. :lol: Is Australia a nice place to live? I want to move there after I graduate and save up from my job.

Can I ask what interests you to move to Australia?? LOL!!
Australia has good weather and the people here are really friendly but personally i would rather live in Europe lol its far more exciting but i must admit Australia is a good place to just relax and do nothing. If you do want to move to Australia you should go to Sydney or Melbourne though not Perth it is far too boring:yawn:

Allure
02-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Can I ask what interests you to move to Australia?? LOL!!
Australia has good weather and the people here are really friendly but personally i would rather live in Europe lol its far more exciting but i must admit Australia is a good place to just relax and do nothing. If you do want to move to Australia you should go to Sydney or Melbourne though not Perth it is far too boring:yawn:

Yeah I want to move to Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide. Watching the AO, Australia just seems like a cool place to live. :D

I'm sorry Perth is boring. I live in a boring city too. Only LA, NYC, San Francisco, etc are exciting.

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah I want to move to Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide. Watching the AO, Australia just seems like a cool place to live. :D

I'm sorry Perth is boring. I live in a boring city too. Only LA, NYC, San Francisco, etc are exciting.

I'm sorry that Perth is boring as well lol . So they show the AO in America, gosh Perth TV sucks so badly we only get to see Aus open on tv and thats it unless you have foxtel which i don't.

I would like to go to NYC one day , very cold i hear though but seems like a very fun city . maybe i should do an exchange program or something.Does your uni allow that for students?

Allure
02-06-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm sorry that Perth is boring as well lol . So they show the AO in America, gosh Perth TV sucks so badly we only get to see Aus open on tv and thats it unless you have foxtel which i don't.

I would like to go to NYC one day , very cold i hear though but seems like a very fun city . maybe i should do an exchange program or something.Does your uni allow that for students?

Yeah there are study abroad programs for my school but it costs money and there are other requirements. I want to study in Japan but that's pretty impossible.

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Japan sounds a nice place to visit/study.
Impossible because of language barrier??

Allure
02-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Japan sounds a nice place to visit/study.
Impossible because of language barrier??

That and money and just going to another country for a year is pretty scary. :lol:

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 05:00 AM
OT:

Anyone watch the game last night? GO GIANTS!!

I didnt watch it but saw bits of it and i was going for the New England Patriots.

Big upset aye?
(I also thought it was pretty cool that Federer watched the game, good to see him having fun)

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 05:01 AM
That and money and just going to another country for a year is pretty scary. :lol:

Yerh money is an issue for eveything these days which reminds me that i really need to go get off my bum and look for a job.

Allure
02-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Yerh money is an issue for eveything these days which reminds me that i really need to go get off my bum and look for a job.

You're not a bum. You're only 17. :hug: I am the biggest bum on the planet. 20 and only had one temporary job. I smooch off my parents and rely on them for spending money. :o All of my friends call me spoiled. :o :o

Ennaid
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Only 17 LOL... yerh ive only had one job as well but had to quit it for my final year but in Australia ( i think its common everywhere) kids tend to all have jobs from the age of 13 so its sad to see they are more independent than me . And also i smooch of my parents , i think they can't handle it anymore , they are always telling me to find a job but i have little experience and skills and so its kinda hard.

Allure
02-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Only 17 LOL... yerh ive only had one job as well but had to quit it for my final year but in Australia ( i think its common everywhere) kids tend to all have jobs from the age of 13 so its sad to see they are more independent than me . And also i smooch of my parents , i think they can't handle it anymore , they are always telling me to find a job but i have little experience and skills and so its kinda hard.

My parents get on my case too. One time I asked my dad for money and he said, ''You should spend what you have and not other people's money.'' He was pissed. :o

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 12:23 AM
LOL!! My dad is way more generous than my mum but he tends to say stuff like that as well.

So how weird, its raining in the middle of summer.It is around 23 and its freeezing

Allure
02-07-2008, 12:43 AM
LOL!! My dad is way more generous than my mum but he tends to say stuff like that as well.

So how weird, its raining in the middle of summer.It is around 23 and its freeezing

It's New Years over there isn't it? Did you get any red envelopes yet?

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 12:47 AM
yerh it is. No not yet, its only just before ten here so its kinda early.

My red envelope from my parents is on the coffee table but i am having a fight with my mum so yerh im not gonna open it (even though im dying to) and i kinda know how much i'll get anyways lol

Allure
02-07-2008, 01:06 AM
yerh it is. No not yet, its only just before ten here so its kinda early.

My red envelope from my parents is on the coffee table but i am having a fight with my mum so yerh im not gonna open it (even though im dying to) and i kinda know how much i'll get anyways lol

What did you fight about? :hug:

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 01:23 AM

My mum and I are always fighting because were the complete opposites. But right now were fighting because she keeps nagging and telling me off and coz its new years time she telling me to clean this and that.Well i did clean but its never good enough so i was like forget it , kinda my fault because of my attitude but she can be soo irritating at times. Lol and she was like all day yesterday "wait till Dad get home and i will tell him about this" :rolleyes:

Allure
02-07-2008, 01:41 AM

My mum and I are always fighting because were the complete opposites. But right now were fighting because she keeps nagging and telling me off and coz its new years time she telling me to clean this and that.Well i did clean but its never good enough so i was like forget it , kinda my fault because of my attitude but she can be soo irritating at times. Lol and she was like all day yesterday "wait till Dad get home and i will tell him about this" :rolleyes:

My mom is exactly the same way. We always fight/get on each others' nerves because of our personalities and she is such a nag. She always tell me to clean this, wash that, do this...ugghh. And she'll say like ''I'll tell dad.'' :rolleyes:

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 02:29 AM
LOL i think all mums are like that theses days and ALL asian mums are nagging mums lol.

Anyways what plans do u have for today?

Allure
02-07-2008, 02:44 AM
LOL i think all mums are like that theses days and ALL asian mums are nagging mums lol.

Anyways what plans do u have for today?

My mom just called me and said to get dress because we're going to go to my aunt's house for New Years dinner. I didn't even know it was today and she just told me out of nowhere.

EternalxJourney
02-07-2008, 05:17 AM
I didnt watch it but saw bits of it and i was going for the New England Patriots.

Big upset aye?
(I also thought it was pretty cool that Federer watched the game, good to see him having fun)

Yeah I was really surprised to hear that Roger was there. Good to see him enjoying other stuff after the disappointing loss at AO. I don't follow football at all but all my college mates were watching it that night and I'm a New Yorker so I gotta go with Giants.

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Yeah I was really surprised to hear that Roger was there. Good to see him enjoying other stuff after the disappointing loss at AO. I don't follow football at all but all my college mates were watching it that night and I'm a New Yorker so I gotta go with Giants.

You are a New Yorker!!!:D I would love to live there one day. LOL.

Allure
02-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Did you read a story on GM by this girl who said that she and Richard went out on a date when he played in Sydney and he invited her into his hotel room?

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 08:24 AM
No. Do you have the link Allure? so i can read lol.
It could be just a chick trying to sell her fake story for some $$$ or if its true then maybe richard isn't as shy as we think he is.

Allure
02-07-2008, 08:31 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=14588&page=32

It sounds plausible and other forums did say that Richard invited a girl into his hotel room. She said they just drank and talk [shit about other players].

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 08:38 AM
How do you know it was gasquet? lol is it taht obvious lol cos i didnt get it lol

Allure
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=14588&page=34

It's pretty obvious ;)

Ennaid
02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Ahhahz... yes it helps when she admitted it was R.G
so his facebook is actually his eh??

pick241
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=14588&page=32

It sounds plausible and other forums did say that Richard invited a girl into his hotel room. She said they just drank and talk [shit about other players].

Im not totally believing it because as somebody else said on the thread, how would he know to wait till 11pm for her to turn up and meet at the lifts if she'd lost her phone?
Unless they arranged to meet at the lifts, and he stood there for a couple of hours...:confused:
...suspicious

emilie
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Hehe.. It is not the first time that i hear rumors like this about Richard. He is just a normal young guy of 21 years old after all.

serve_it_up
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Im not totally believing it because as somebody else said on the thread, how would he know to wait till 11pm for her to turn up and meet at the lifts if she'd lost her phone?
Unless they arranged to meet at the lifts, and he stood there for a couple of hours...:confused:
...suspicious

Well when i arrived at the hotel, I used the receptions phone to contact his hotel room and told him that i arrived..and he said he will meet me at the lifts..the end..ps. he was nice enough to pay for my parking at the hotel which is not that cheap..
hope that answers it pick241 :)

Renaud
02-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Well when i arrived at the hotel, I used the receptions phone to contact his hotel room and told him that i arrived..and he said he will meet me at the lifts..the end..ps. he was nice enough to pay for my parking at the hotel which is not that cheap..

Just tell us what sort of books he reads please !
:)

Allure
02-08-2008, 12:43 AM

What did you guys talk about?

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM

and music lol

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 12:45 AM
hey Allure Happy New Years for you :D
getting rich by the minute??

emilie
02-08-2008, 12:48 AM
:haha:

Allure
02-08-2008, 12:53 AM
hey Allure Happy New Years for you :D
getting rich by the minute??

Happy New Years. :kiss:

Not really. I only got money from my parents, aunt, and family friends. :)

Schu
02-08-2008, 12:55 AM

Classy Richard once again ... meet her at the lifts instead of just tell her to come up to his room, like lots of guys would do. Now paying for parking - guess that was nice but if one took it the wrong way, it looks like :tape:.

O. K. enough of the Richie's personal life (which I'm truly embarassed to say I've commented on), moving on to tennis ...

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Happy New Years. :kiss:

Not really. I only got money from my parents, aunt, and family friends. :)

Lol the red envelopes seems to be very rare this year i only got a total of 4 envelopes (one of them from my parents, yet to open LOL) but meh im happy. So does your relatives celebrate it for the whole 2 weeks? Cos my family doesnt really celebrate it parents are back to work already lol

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Classy Richard once again ... meet her at the lifts instead of just tell her to come up to his room, like lots of guys would do. Now paying for parking - guess that was nice but if one took it the wrong way, it looks like :tape:.

O. K. enough of the Richie's personal life (which I'm truly embarassed to say I've commented on), moving on to tennis ...

agreed lol so schu do you know what time Richard is set to play. It is today right??

Allure
02-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Lol the red envelopes seems to be very rare this year i only got a total of 4 envelopes (one of them from my parents, yet to open LOL) but meh im happy. So does your relatives celebrate it for the whole 2 weeks? Cos my family doesnt really celebrate it parents are back to work already lol

Well usually we would go to my aunt's house for New Years Eve dinner than the next three days don't really do anything. I already had my dinner last night. I got 4 envelopes also. I hope to get more lol. My uncle still hasn't come yet. :)

Schu
02-08-2008, 01:11 AM
agreed lol so schu do you know what time Richard is set to play. It is today right??

For me in the U.S. it's still thursday, early evening. But wasn't he playing first on Friday - Are there any livestreams or French braodcasts we can pick up the matches?

my0118
02-08-2008, 01:45 AM
LOL funny Ricard personal story while I was away.

BTW for those who have chinese new did you guys spend good holidays?
I went to countryside where my parents currently reside by express train like TGV for the first time. Pretty fast. I got no money from my parents though but still I brought some foods. lol

EternalxJourney
02-08-2008, 01:46 AM
You are a New Yorker!!!:D I would love to live there one day. LOL.

haha a lot of people say that. it's true that the city is exciting but it's like what they say "you don't know what you've had until you lost it." so it's like that with me. i've lived here for most of my life and sometimes i just want some peace and quiet. maybe we can switch places!

just a thought, isn't heath ledger from perth also?

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 01:57 AM
For me in the U.S. it's still thursday, early evening. But wasn't he playing first on Friday - Are there any livestreams or French braodcasts we can pick up the matches?

I'm not sure , but currently it is 4 in the morning(Friday)in Romania so i guess Richard isnt set to play for at least another 8 hours or so.

Ennaid
02-08-2008, 02:02 AM
haha a lot of people say that. it's true that the city is exciting but it's like what they say "you don't know what you've had until you lost it." so it's like that with me. i've lived here for most of my life and sometimes i just want some peace and quiet. maybe we can switch places!

just a thought, isn't heath ledger from perth also?

Ahhhaz yes switch places i need some excitement in my life and New York is defitnely the answer!! So whats the weather like there now ? very chilly???

And yes Heath Ledger is from Perth , thats perhaps the only exciting news from Perth , it is a very sad lost. I was in shock when i heard the news:sad:

Allure
02-08-2008, 03:47 AM
LOL funny Ricard personal story while I was away.

BTW for those who have chinese new did you guys spend good holidays?
I went to countryside where my parents currently reside by express train like TGV for the first time. Pretty fast. I got no money from my parents though but still I brought some foods. lol

Hi Mia :wavey: Lol yes very interesting story ;)

Awww...at least you got food. :lol:

Fired Up!
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
hello :wavey:

my0118
02-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi Mia :wavey: Lol yes very interesting story ;)

Awww...at least you got food. :lol:

Yeah what a disappointment holiday two years in a row. :lol:
Understandable though, they had lot of things to do.

Hello Gigi :wavey:

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 12:40 AM
so how long do you guys celebrate the new year holidays over there
my0118??
Look on the bright side though you get to spend time with your family :D

my0118
02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
so how long do you guys celebrate the new year holidays over there
my0118??
Look on the bright side though you get to spend time with your family :D

Hello Ennaid. :wavey:
Just one day. Actually we didn't gather altogether. Just me and my parents because they actually live near where I live, but they were there for works.

BTW can I ask your origin? Are you a Chinese?

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Hello Ennaid. :wavey:
Just one day. Actually we didn't gather altogether. Just me and my parents because they actually live near where I live, but they were there for works.

BTW can I ask your origin? Are you a Chinese?

:wavey: my0118

My family only celebrated it for one day as well and returned back to work , each year seems to become less celebrative anyways i'm viet and yerh lol so do you live a way from your parents because of school/work??

Allure
02-09-2008, 01:12 AM

My family only celebrated it for one day as well and returned back to work , each year seems to become less celebrative anyways i'm viet and yerh lol so do you live a way from your parents because of school/work??

Me too! I'm viet and chinese but I don't know any chinese lol. :lol: Chuc mung nam moi. :wavey:

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 01:43 AM
hey Allure

yerh Chuc mung nam moi to you too lol i actully cant speak it lol

Allure
02-09-2008, 02:10 AM
hey Allure

yerh Chuc mung nam moi to you too lol i actully cant speak it lol

Are your parents from Vietnam? If so, why did they move to Australia? My parents are from Vietnam and immigrated to US around 30 years ago. I have no idea why they chose CA. :lol:

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Are your parents from Vietnam? If so, why did they move to Australia? My parents are from Vietnam and immigrated to US around 30 years ago. I have no idea why they chose CA. :lol:

yerh they are . I dont know actually why they chose Australia:confused: never really asked loli guess it was because a few relatives where in Perth already so ....

Allure
02-09-2008, 02:34 AM
yerh they are . I dont know actually why they chose Australia:confused: never really asked loli guess it was because a few relatives where in Perth already so ....

I see. Do you watch TVB series?

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 02:45 AM
TVB series?? sorry i dont know what that is

my0118
02-09-2008, 02:47 AM

well actually no. my parents are in countryside for works so they sometimes are here where I live sometimes are there, but this time they chose to stay there on holidays because they had to work even on the chinese new year's day. Oh you're viet, :) I'm Korean. And your name is Ennaid? Call me Mia ;)

And Brittany :wavey:

Allure
02-09-2008, 02:48 AM
TVB series?? sorry i dont know what that is

Haha TVB is a Hong Kong movie company. They make series (movies with episodes) like Return of the Cuckoo, Return of the Condor Heroes, The Bund, etc.

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 03:21 AM
oh Lol no no sorry i dont watch TVB , so do they show it on American Tv or do u have to buy the series?

Ennaid
02-09-2008, 03:23 AM
well actually no. my parents are in countryside for works so they sometimes are here where I live sometimes are there, but this time they chose to stay there on holidays because they had to work even on the chinese new year's day. Oh you're viet, :) I'm Korean. And your name is Ennaid? Call me Mia ;)

And Brittany :wavey:

That's a shame that they had to work on New Years, so do you live in korea? I have a friend who is mad about korea ( shows, fashion. boys the whole lot :D) and my name is Dianne ( ennaid is Dianne backwards :p ) so hello Mia:wavey:

my0118
02-09-2008, 03:31 AM
That's a shame that they had to work on New Years, so do you live in korea? I have a friend who is mad about korea ( shows, fashion. boys the whole lot :D) and my name is Dianne ( ennaid is Dianne backwards :p ) so hello Mia:wavey:

Nice to meet you Dianne. :D
Well I'm not really into my country's culture. But it's good to know that your friend is mad about my country :lol:

BTW I read about Serve_it_up's whole story. It looks like his facebook is real. LOL

~*BGT*~
02-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Oh, Mia.. I love your youtube vids. :p Any chance on you posting some of this weekend's hihglights from Richie and Jo's matches??

Allure
02-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Mia there is this American Idol contestant that reminds me so much of Heechul from SJ. :lol:

my0118
02-09-2008, 03:42 AM
Oh, Mia.. I love your youtube vids. :p Any chance on you posting some of this weekend's hihglights from Richie and Jo's matches??

Thanks ;)
Oh you mean the matches in Australia Open? I might have to download the match first. :lol:

Mia there is this American Idol contestant that reminds me so much of Heechul from SJ. :lol:

Heechul :lol: I don't like him :o when I saw him first on TV, I thought he was Japanese. :o :lol:

~*BGT*~
02-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks ;)
Oh you mean the matches in Australia Open? I might have to download the match first. :lol:

No, I was talking about Davis Cup.

my0118
02-09-2008, 03:50 AM
oh I didn't watch them. Was there any livestream yesterday?

Allure
02-09-2008, 04:06 AM
oh I didn't watch them. Was there any livestream yesterday?

It was shown in France so I think some Frenchies might have it.

Allure
02-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Mia, does this guy remind you of Heechul?

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z27/smartiesplace/ai/DannyNoriega8.jpg

~*BGT*~
02-09-2008, 04:19 AM
Nice to meet you Dianne. :D
Well I'm not really into my country's culture. But it's good to know that your friend is mad about my country :lol:

BTW I read about Serve_it_up's whole story. It looks like his facebook is real. LOL

Her story is amazing if it's true!! :eek: I may build up the courage to do that to Korolev when I go to Miami. But my big brother will be with me so you know how that might go. He'll try to stop me.. :mad:

I'm going to add Richie as a friend on Facebook. I assume his is the profile with over 2000 friends and not the one with just 24 friends. :lol:

I was friends with Bob Bryan, Fish, and Amer Delic on Myspace but their profiles are gone. :awww: I wasn't sure if it was really them but I was watching an interview the Bryans and Bob showed them his page and it was the same page of the Bob Bryan who was my friend. :eek: He also showed Mardy and Amer's profiles so I was friends with the real guys. :worship: I sent a message to Bob (I don't remember what about) and he replied. So it's cool to know I talked with Bob Bryan.

my0118
02-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Brittany I think Heechul is better although I kind of don't like his looks. :lol:

BGT, let us know after you adding him. :rolls:

Ennaid
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Allure , so who is JK???

Allure
02-15-2008, 01:22 AM
JK is just kidding. :rolls:

BTW is my other love hot? :hearts: I think I'm starting to like him more than ''Go Go'' Richie. :p

Ennaid
02-15-2008, 02:01 AM
JK is just kidding. :rolls:
LOL

I think just kidding is okay , good looking asian lol and well i can't blame you for liking him more than Richard , ( Richard lately has been over- performing?? off the court ( well according to serve-it-up) and under performing on the court, how annoying)

so is jk an actor on tvb series?

Allure
02-15-2008, 02:12 AM
LOL

I think just kidding is okay , good looking asian lol and well i can't blame you for liking him more than Richard , ( Richard lately has been over- performing?? off the court ( well according to serve-it-up) and under performing on the court, how annoying)

so is jk an actor on tvb series?

:rolls: JK is the guy in my avatar. He's so talented and actually shows it unlike someone. :rolleyes: Maybe they should make the court look like a night club so he can be more enthusiastic.

Ennaid
02-15-2008, 02:33 AM
:rolls: JK is the guy in my avatar. He's so talented and actually shows it unlike someone. :rolleyes: Maybe they should make the court look like a night club so he can be more enthusiastic.

:D Yes they should try that!!! I doubt it will be enough though.:rolleyes: for him to win

My two fav players ( gasquet and safin) have been disappointing me for a long time now i mean one of them has to win/accomplish something this year or im going to be one sad lady this year..:sad:

Allure is it Valentines day in America today?

Allure
02-15-2008, 02:36 AM
:D Yes they should try that!!! I doubt it will be enough though.:rolleyes: for him to win

My two fav players ( gasquet and safin) have been disappointing me for a long time now i mean one of them has to win/accomplish something this year or im going to be one sad lady this year..:sad:

Allure is it Valentines day in America today?

Well Safin is hampered by injuries and frankly at 28, I don't see him getting any better. :shrug: Gasquet has more of a chance than Safin but he's so :smash:. Just go party, clubboy. :rolleyes:

It is Valentine's Day. I don't have a date though. :sad:

Ennaid
02-15-2008, 03:02 AM

Happy Valentines Day Allure, and don't be sad i didnt have a date too and well i didnt want one anyway, valentines day is just over rated!! ahahz im probably only saying this because i didnt have a date !

Allure
02-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Happy Valentines Day Allure, and don't be sad i didnt have a date too and well i didnt want one anyway, valentines day is just over rated!! ahahz im probably only saying this because i didnt have a date !

Haha it is overrated. Just another excuse to get more money from the poor people. :ras: Then again if I had a bf and he gave me flowers/chocolates I wouldn't mind. :p

Ennaid
02-15-2008, 04:20 AM
ahah yerh you can never have enough flowers and chocolate, theres always next year!!

eck
02-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Danny Noriega ;)

Ennaid
02-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Danny Noriega ;)???:confused:

is that a person you have in mind for next year??:D

eck
02-18-2008, 03:46 AM
No it's Allure's avatar boy.
He's in the Top 24 of American Idol. :p

eck
02-18-2008, 03:50 AM
Well Safin is hampered by injuries and frankly at 28, I don't see him getting any better. :shrug: Gasquet has more of a chance than Safin but he's so :smash:. Just go party, clubboy. :rolleyes:

:lol: My favourite two are Henin and Gasquet. Both possess one of the best shots in the game, but their games can be total contrast when it comes to return to serve. One stays further behind the baseline on second serve and plays super defensive for no reason, the other comes closer to the baseline on second serve and shoots herself in the foot when she goes for WAY too much. :o

Allure
02-18-2008, 04:51 AM
No it's Allure's avatar boy.
He's in the Top 24 of American Idol. :p

You watch AI?

~*BGT*~
02-18-2008, 04:54 AM
Allure, you must have been happy with the results in Delray today? All the Americans lost.. :lol: :awww:

Allure
02-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Allure, you must have been happy with the results in Delray today? All the Americans lost.. :lol: :awww:

Thrilled but I felt a little sorry for Blake. :awww:

eck
02-18-2008, 05:23 AM
You watch AI?

I do. ;)

Allure
02-18-2008, 05:30 AM
I do. ;)

Who's your favorite? :p

eck
02-18-2008, 05:55 AM
I have heaps. :p

Alexandria Lushington, Asia'h Epperson, Brooke White, JoAnne Borgella, Amanda Overmeyer, Remeille Malubay, David Archuleta.

I think come results time to the top 12, I think I will be severly depressed that a few of the girls I like would not make it, especially Alexandria. :o

Allure
02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
My faves are Danny Noriega, Ramiele, Michael Johns, Asia, and Carly.

eck
02-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Did you read that 12/24 or so have been in the business before? :o

Allure
02-18-2008, 07:06 AM
I know that Carly had a record deal but it doesn't bother me. :p

eck
02-18-2008, 07:23 AM
It doesn't really either, but the fact that the show's supposed to find undiscovered talent is kinda in jeopardy of that reputation.

And apparently Michael Jones stole some lyrics :o
I never liked him anyways. I do like Carly though, not as much as the other girls. ;)

Allure
02-18-2008, 07:28 AM
How do one steal lyrics? :confused:

eck
02-18-2008, 07:31 AM
http://www.votefortheworst.com/americanidol7contestants

Allure
02-18-2008, 07:39 AM
OMG Robbie was in Boyz and Girlz United? I used to love one of their songs. :eek:

eck
02-18-2008, 08:01 AM
And he supposedly dated Britney :lol:

But I hope Alexandrea gets into the top 12.
Everyone's saying how David won Star Search, he beat Alexandrea on his route to winning that competition. But it was extremely close. :sad:

Ennaid
02-18-2008, 08:05 AM
hey eck do you watch AI on foxtel?? Channel ten used to show it but they dont anymore , its far better than aus idol

Allure
02-18-2008, 08:06 AM
And he supposedly dated Britney :lol:

But I hope Alexandrea gets into the top 12.
Everyone's saying how David won Star Search, he beat Alexandrea on his route to winning that competition. But it was extremely close. :sad:

They were both on Star Search? I don't like David A. His voice is overrated IMO. Michael Johns is the best male vocalist on the show. :)

eck
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
hey eck do you watch AI on foxtel?? Channel ten used to show it but they dont anymore , its far better than aus idol

I do. ;)
I used to watch season 3 and 4, then I got really bored with season 5 and made no attempts whatsoever to watch season 6. ;)
And yes, TEN shows it like no one watches it. :o
And yes, I don't like Aus Idol. The quality lacks by a 1000 miles.

eck
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
They were both on Star Search? I don't like David A. His voice is overrated IMO. Michael Johns is the best male vocalist on the show. :)

I love how he did Heaven. :)
Amazing.

I'll save my comments on Michael come week 1. :p

~*BGT*~
02-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Thrilled but I felt a little sorry for Blake. :awww:

Yeah, he did need a little :hug: after about the 20th clean winner Kei hit. :awww:

Ennaid
02-18-2008, 11:50 PM
And yes, I don't like Aus Idol. The quality lacks by a 1000 miles.

You can also say the same for Australia's version of So you think you can dance , there are a few that are really crap imo

eck
02-19-2008, 01:36 AM
I didn't watch SYTYCD :lol:
I don't have that much interest in it. :p

Ennaid
02-19-2008, 01:43 AM
ahuhz well lets just say you did the right thing to not get interested , it's really crap and natalie bassingwaithe is a bad host she seems bored half the time making the show boring

Allure
02-19-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't really watch Oz Idol but I like the winner's song ''Maybe Tonight.'' I thought Emily had a better voice than the winner who looked like Macaulay Culkin. :o

Ennaid
02-19-2008, 04:28 AM
LOL they show Aus idol in america ahahuz i thought our tv shows would be too crap to show over there , hmm i didn't watch that season but yerh the winner of that season is now in this Diva band lol with emily

~*BGT*~
02-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Australia's Next Top Model season 1 sucked compared to America's Next Top Model. :o Sorry. :angel:

eck
02-19-2008, 04:50 AM
I liked the second season of Oz Top Model, I think.
Australian Survivor was extremely bad though, from what I heard.

Ennaid
02-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Australia's Next Top Model season 1 sucked compared to America's Next Top Model. :o Sorry. :angel:

LOL don't be sorry BGT it's completely true, most all ofaustralian tv shows are crap which is why im probably always on the net ;)

Ennaid
02-19-2008, 04:53 AM
I liked the second season of Oz Top Model, I think.
Australian Survivor was extremely bad though, from what I heard.

YES survivor was bad , very bad !! And also with the biggest loser , i feel there is a bit of scripting going on there

Allure
02-19-2008, 05:03 AM
No they don't show Oz Idol over here. I watched it on Youtube. ;)

Haute
02-19-2008, 05:05 AM

Perhaps, but from what I've seen the subsequent seasons of AusNTM have blown ANTM out of the water. ANTM is just a complete joke now. :o

Ennaid
02-19-2008, 05:12 AM
how many seasons of ANTM has there been?Foxtel is up to date with the seasons but on channel ten (free tv) they just finished airing the season were joanna was runner up. anyways i thought Jade was possibly one of the most annoying contestants i've ever watched

totoro_472
02-19-2008, 05:23 AM
A girl from my school was the last one to get cut before the televised part of the new Australia's Next Top Model started. She was in the local newspaper, it would have been embarassing after not making it in the end.

Allure
02-19-2008, 05:29 AM
I never got ANTM. Project Runway>>ANTM. ;)

Haute
02-19-2008, 05:32 AM
how many seasons of ANTM has there been?Foxtel is up to date with the seasons but on channel ten (free tv) they just finished airing the season were joanna was runner up. anyways i thought Jade was possibly one of the most annoying contestants i've ever watched

The 10th season is going to start this Wednesday. It looks promising, however, because a lot of the girls resemble legendary models like Iman, Grace Jones, Alek Wek, and Lily Cole.

Jade was annoying, but the more times I've seen that season I've come to appreciate the comic genius that is Jade. :lol:

Allure
02-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Anyone watch wrestling here? :p

eck
02-19-2008, 08:04 AM
nowai. :o

Allure
02-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Oh my gosh. Danny for the win. He's so adorable. I like Garrett too. :hearts:

eck
02-20-2008, 07:42 AM
How were the performance?
I only get to watch it in around 1 hr time.

Allure
02-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Actually none of them impressed me and it didn't help that it was a 60's theme. I liked Danny's because of his personality and he looked hot. :p

eck
02-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Chikieze was :help:

Jacuzzi. :lol:

Randy and Paula were kissing his ass. :o
I hate people who try and talk back. The suit was awful. Enough said.

Allure
02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought David A. was so overrated. Please don't let him win. :o

eck
02-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Nonononononononononnoonononononononononnoonononono nononononnoonononononononononnoonononononononononn oonononononononononnoonononononononononnoonononono nononononnoonononononononononnoonononononononononn oonononononononononno.

MUST WIN.
Either that or the girls. :)

eck
02-20-2008, 09:18 AM
8/12 of the guys have an extremely EMO haircut

eck
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
David A is kinda cheesy though.

Everyone passes on a gay vibe. :p

eck
02-20-2008, 09:32 AM
I think though, if Danny doesn't win, I would feel kinda bad for him, because he's one of the few that truly doesn't have any sort of experience what or so.

And yes, he was pretty good. :)
And for once I disagree with Simon.

Allure
02-20-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm not saying David is horrible but with praise he is getting, I expected something amazing. I really think he is overhyped. :rolleyes:

eck
02-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Luke is going home, he was so bad it was beyond repair :o

Paula is hoping someone is gonna screw her :o

Colton's hair or wig or whatever takes home the prize for fugliest hairstyle in the entire universe.

It makes Donald Trump's hair look like the in thing.

And I thought it was an unwritten rule that you are not supposed to sing the same song in the competition? :o

~*BGT*~
02-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Perhaps, but from what I've seen the subsequent seasons of AusNTM have blown ANTM out of the water. ANTM is just a complete joke now. :o

They showed the first seasons of Aussie Top Model and Britain's Top Model, and it just lacked real entertainment value. But I guess I shouldn't compare it to the latter seasons of ANTM because ANTM cycle 1 sucked too. :o

The 10th season is going to start this Wednesday. It looks promising, however, because a lot of the girls resemble legendary models like Iman, Grace Jones, Alek Wek, and Lily Cole.

Jade was annoying, but the more times I've seen that season I've come to appreciate the comic genius that is Jade. :lol:

Jade was the most hilarious girl on the show ever. :lol: I loved the compilation they did on her showing all the words she had made up during the season. :p

I always look at the pictures before the season starts and pick my winner. I've been right twice
but with the exception of cycle 7's Jaeda, my pick always makes it to the last episode. :woohoo:

Cycle 3: Yaya
4: Keenyah
5: Bre
6: Danielle.. winner!!!
7: Jaeda
8: Renee
9: Saleisha.. winner!!!
10: Atalya, Whitney, and Katarzyna

http://cwtv.com/thecw/gen-gallery-antm10-models

eck
02-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I wished Joannie won. Up till now, haven't found another to really cheer for, also with Heather.
Wonder how the new season will go.

~*BGT*~
02-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I liked Joannie as well.. she had such a big transformation, but Danielle shares my name so she was special. :dance:

eck
02-20-2008, 11:39 PM
:lol:
Either ways, I was happy with the decision. Both were the best that cycle, and I'm pretty sure Joanie would have won if she was placed in any other seasons.

~*BGT*~
02-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Anybody watch ANTM tonight??

Allure
02-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Ramiele ftw. :worship:

~*BGT*~
02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I got tickets to DC you guys!!!!! I am so freakin' happy :sobbing: you can't even believe it. I tried to get tickets to the final but they sold out while I was in queue online. Besides, the great atmosphere, I think these are gonna be some great matches. I'm pulling for the US, but I'll be equally happy if France pulls it out, only if they go all the way to the title.

Would it look bad if I had an American flag painted on one cheek and the French flag painted on the other? :lol:

my0118
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Where do you live? :p
Do you live near where the DC is held?

~*BGT*~
02-21-2008, 08:08 PM
No, I liev in South Louisiana so I have to fly in and atay at a hotel. I am hoping the hotel I'm getting (Holiday Inn Select) is the players' hotel as well, although it might be the Marriot. :eek:

Schu
02-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I got tickets to DC you guys!!!!! I am so freakin' happy :sobbing: you can't even believe it. I tried to get tickets to the final but they sold out while I was in queue online. Besides, the great atmosphere, I think these are gonna be some great matches. I'm pulling for the US, but I'll be equally happy if France pulls it out, only if they go all the way to the title.

Would it look bad if I had an American flag painted on one cheek and the French flag painted on the other? :lol:

I SOOOO wish I could go. I think the matches are going to be very good and how I would LOVE to see RIchie and the rest of the frenchies in action live (on and off the court ;). But a little thing like work is getting in the way that weekend - why THAT weekend when I almost never have to work part of a week end.

We expect tons of photos from you and of course, a few dancing with whom I hope will be the winning French Team at a wild celebration party. Yes I know I'm not a very patriotic American but no way I could cheer against my favorite guys on the French Team. Anyway the US just won, time for a new team.

Allure
02-21-2008, 10:14 PM
With the way Gasquet has been playing, Tsonga will have to carry the team. :tape:

Schu
02-22-2008, 12:36 AM
With the way Gasquet has been playing, Tsonga will have to carry the team. :tape:

I'm not loosing faith in Gasquet yet but I do think that the US will pick a VERY fast court and that might well be better for Tsonga. I really hope that Richie plays very well and Tsonga doesn't get all the DC glory. As much as Richie seems to not like the press I'm sure he'd like to be the hero of DC, or at least co-hero.

But there are several more tournaments between now and DC so he has plenty of oppotunity to get fired up and play some good tennis. Hope he's working 'ard with Eric and Noah who has to get Richie's head screwed on straight again. I keep waitng for the aggressive, confident Richard - I know it's coming and when it does - watch out everyone.

WTF happened in Rotterdam? every seed bit the dust already including Rafa, Murray :bounce:

Allure
02-22-2008, 02:02 AM
I'm not loosing faith in Gasquet yet but I do think that the US will pick a VERY fast court and that might well be better for Tsonga. I really hope that Richie plays very well and Tsonga doesn't get all the DC glory. As much as Richie seems to not like the press I'm sure he'd like to be the hero of DC, or at least co-hero.

But there are several more tournaments between now and DC so he has plenty of oppotunity to get fired up and play some good tennis. Hope he's working 'ard with Eric and Noah who has to get Richie's head screwed on straight again. I keep waitng for the aggressive, confident Richard - I know it's coming and when it does - watch out everyone.

WTF happened in Rotterdam? every seed bit the dust already including Rafa, Murray :bounce:

According to MTF, they all tanked and only came for the money. :lol:

~*BGT*~
02-22-2008, 02:37 AM
I SOOOO wish I could go. I think the matches are going to be very good and how I would LOVE to see RIchie and the rest of the frenchies in action live (on and off the court ;). But a little thing like work is getting in the way that weekend - why THAT weekend when I almost never have to work part of a week end.

I'm gonna have both flags painted on my cheeks. I love the American and French teams so I'll be happy with either result. As much as I love Richie, Andy is my number 1 fave and Richard's my number 2. I just can't pull against him.

We expect tons of photos from you and of course, a few dancing with whom I hope will be the winning French Team at a wild celebration party. Yes I know I'm not a very patriotic American but no way I could cheer against my favorite guys on the French Team. Anyway the US just won, time for a new team.

:devil: :devil: That sounds like a LOT of fun, except I will be with my older brother and his 5 year old son instead of 2 of my girlfriends like I was planning so I have to be a little :angel: that weekend instead of the little :devil: I wanted to be that weekend.

I promise you, if I had gone to a dance club and the French club were there, I would have taken a shot and gotten the courage to ask him to dance. I would have gotten the dirtiest song I could think of to have played and make a Richie and Jo sandwich on the dance floor. :devil: :dance:

eck
02-22-2008, 05:15 AM
You are so lucky. =(

I wanna attend a Davis Cup match, the tension is extreme then.
Though watching an Australian play at the AO is somewhere there, but still not as good.

Anyways, this is a long shot, but does anyone watch Skins?

fiigblarke
02-22-2008, 05:37 AM
I watch Skins! I love that show!

~*BGT*~
02-22-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm gonna have both flags painted on my cheeks. I love the American and French teams so I'll be happy with either result. As much as I love Richie, Andy is my number 1 fave and Richard's my number 2. I just can't pull against him.

:devil: :devil: That sounds like a LOT of fun, except I will be with my older brother and his 5 year old son instead of 2 of my girlfriends like I was planning so I have to be a little :angel: that weekend instead of the little :devil: I wanted to be that weekend.

I promise you, if I had gone to a dance club and the French club were there, I would have taken a shot and gotten the courage to ask him to dance. I would have gotten the dirtiest song I could think of to have played and make a Richie and Jo sandwich on the dance floor. :devil: :dance:

I just thought of a song. The new one from Rihanna, "Please Don't Stop the Music". She says:

Don you know what you started?
I just came here to party,
and now we're all up on the dance floor acting naughty.
Your hands around my waist, we hear the music play.
We're hand to hand, chest to chest and now we're face to face... :rocker2:

eck
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I watch Skins! I love that show!

Wow, seriously?

For that you deserve a good rep. :)

fiigblarke
02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Haha, you watch it too? I was too impatient to wait so I watched all of season 1 on youtube and I'm keeping up with the UK with season 2. It's a great show, hilarious stuff.

Ennaid
02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
I just thought of a song. The new one from Rihanna, "Please Don't Stop the Music". She says:

Don you know what you started?
I just came here to party,
and now we're all up on the dance floor acting naughty.
Your hands around my waist, we hear the music play.
We're hand to hand, chest to chest and now we're face to face... :rocker2:

kinda :topic: but did anyone see Rihanna and Klaxons perform umbrella, it was horrible.

what were the klaxon thinking :confused:

~*BGT*~
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I didn't. I heard that they performed. It's on youtube but I haven't seen it yet. Who are the Klaxons?

Schu
02-22-2008, 05:24 PM
According to MTF, they all tanked and only came for the money. :lol:

I know, whenever top players loose in a MM tourney, everyone says its a tank and the player just came for the $$. But I don't really understand this. Most of these guys have tons of $$ and I would think it's more of a pain to travel and be away from home base for just a few days than it is to collect a few bucks. I'm sure they are not terribly motivated but I would think once they made the effort to get to the tourney, they'd not tank.