The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

my0118
11-20-2007, 01:19 PM
it's human to be a little bit gaga when you meet someone you completely idolise....even if they appear to be pretty harmless like gasquet. but i think just the experience of seeing him walking around in the same vicinity is pretty cool, non? maybe next time, it will be easier to talk to him....after all, the more exposure to something, the easier it gets.. :P

Hello. Actually the reason I post evey little thing is I wanted my experience to be shared with you guys because when I read about like those things, I was pretty interested. :) Actually it was pretty cool because (I repeat again) I never expected that I could see him in Shanghai. And moreover, I don't want him to be interrupted by one crazy fangirl. :o Myself going to Shanghai was irrelevant to see or follow him although my fave player is Richard. ;)

Puschkin
11-20-2007, 01:26 PM
BET365 affiche un live score, mais à 13h22 y'a toujours que des 0.

Match démarré à 13h45, ça fonctionne.

14h10
Break de Richard : 4-2
14h12
Debreak de Rafa : 4-3
14h16
Break de Richard : 5-3
14h18
Set pour Richard : 6-3 (ça me rappelle quelque chose)

Thanks to bnu from rg.net

tennis lover
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks Puschkin! :hug:

glad you had fun Mia! :D There is no way in hell I would talk to a player either, I would just go bright red when I see them so talking would be impossible! :lol: also, I wouldn't want to annoy them because they probably get enough other people talking to them and stuff. I would just try to sneak a photo of them or something! :p

Puschkin
11-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Exo in Kuala Lumpur - final result: Nadal beats Richard 3-6 6-2 6-3.

I don't care much about exos. Now enjoy your holidays, Richard and have a good preparation for 2008.

bittertea
11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience, Mia. :hug:

I, for one, appreciate little reports however mundane they may be. (not at all imply your report was mundane! :D)

Allure
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
So you froze again when you saw Richard? It seems it keeps going around in circles. :o

EternalxJourney
11-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Mia, I'm so happy for you! Having the chance to get a glimpse of someone you admire is definitely an out-of-body experience...at least for me. Seeing Richard (and Roger) in person at USOpen this year is undoubtedly one of the highlights of my life. But like you, I was quite shy so I didn't ask him to have a picture taken with me, one regret I'll probably carry with me until the next time I see him. :devil:

my0118
11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience, Mia. :hug:

I, for one, appreciate little reports however mundane they may be. (not at all imply your report was mundane! :D)

:wavey: :hug:

So you froze again when you saw Richard? It seems it keeps going around in circles. :o

I told you, I'm too shy :tape:

Hi Mia, I'm so happy for you! Having the chance to get a glimpse of someone you admire is definitely an out-of-body experience...at least for me. Seeing Richard (and Roger) in person at USOpen this year is undoubtedly one of the highlights of my life. But like you, I was quite shy so I didn't ask him to have a picture taken with me, one regret I'll probably carry with me until the next time I see him. :devil:

In fact I was looking for Roger as well but I couldn't :sad:

my0118
11-23-2007, 03:12 AM
So :zzz:

EternalxJourney
11-23-2007, 04:08 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate it! After stuffing (pun intended) myself with turkey, I'm all pooped out, and evidently, so is this thread.

Ome
11-23-2007, 06:24 AM

Brittany!!!!!!!!! :kiss: x 100000000

I've missed you! :awww: :hug:

I guess you're the first one among us to successfully get a life during the off-season :lol:

Allure
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Brittany!!!!!!!!! :kiss: x 100000000

I've missed you! :awww: :hug:

I guess you're the first one among us to successfully get a life during the off-season :lol:

Hi Jai! :hug: Yeah I haven't been in the Paulo forum lately but I've been lurking around MTF. These days I have been busy with schoolwork. :rolleyes: I ate so much turkey and pie I feel like I want to die. :o My friend and I went to the movies and then to Black Friday and the crowd was horrendous. Seriously people stood in line just to get a few dollars off a shirt. I got stepped on, bumped into, mobbed...:o :o I actually want to tell you something about my friend.
:rolleyes:

So how have you been? :wavey:

my0118
11-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Belated Happy Thanksgiving for those who have it!

Missed Brittany. :wavey:

Ome
11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi Jai! :hug: Yeah I haven't been in the Paulo forum lately but I've been lurking around MTF. These days I have been busy with schoolwork. :rolleyes: I ate so much turkey and pie I feel like I want to die. :o My friend and I went to the movies and then to Black Friday and the crowd was horrendous. Seriously people stood in line just to get a few dollars off a shirt. I got stepped on, bumped into, mobbed...:o :o I actually want to tell you something about my friend.
:rolleyes:

So how have you been? :wavey:

I haven't seen you here, in Richie's forum, much either :hug: Didn't look like a pleasant day you have there :tape:
And you can PM me anytime you want :smooch:

I'm now trying to memorize all the lectures for two major exams on 12th and 14th of December :unsure: Been in a hospital every other day... other than that I'm super cool :lol:

*esther*
11-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Hey guys, i just wanna share my FIRST ever experience at a tennis match/tournament with Richie(at KL exho match). Though the match was not excited like they had played in Shanghai but at least i was able to see some stunning shots from Richie against Rafa.

And what, i able to get Richie's autograph and had a pic with him.....HAHAHA:worship:

Thanks to my unbelievable guts!! He's about to leave the stadium and he and Rafa were passed over the alleys and i was there. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! It's only around 10 persons standing there and he's guarded tight by the security - and i didn't care when he passed by me, without second thought i grabbed his shoulder and asked him for autograph and he signed - he wanted to go away and once again i grabbed his shoulder again and he stopped & likely knew what i want - he posed for me to take a picture!! HA HA HA HA :worship: NO doubt, he's the shyest guy on tour! Allez Richie!:inlove:

EternalxJourney
11-24-2007, 06:53 AM
Hey guys, i just wanna share my FIRST ever experience at a tennis match/tournament with Richie(at KL exho match). Though the match was not excited like they had played in Shanghai but at least i was able to see some stunning shots from Richie against Rafa.

And what, i able to get Richie's autograph and had a pic with him.....HAHAHA:worship:

Thanks to my unbelievable guts!! He's about to leave the stadium and he and Rafa were passed over the alleys and i was there. OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! It's only around 10 persons standing there and he's guarded tight by the security - and i didn't care when he passed by me, without second thought i grabbed his shoulder and asked him for autograph and he signed - he wanted to go away and once again i grabbed his shoulder again and he stopped & likely knew what i want - he posed for me to take a picture!! HA HA HA HA :worship: NO doubt, he's the shyest guy on tour! Allez Richie!:inlove:

cool. good for you for having the courage to do that. god knows how of us chicken out on the big stage :devil:

my0118
11-30-2007, 12:31 PM
We're so inactive guys :wavey:

Schu
11-30-2007, 06:08 PM
We're so inactive guys :wavey:

True, not much action around here and still have another month to go before tennis starts up. Guess I'm going to have to watch Richie's Wimbledon match against Roddick, over and over again or his win over Djoke at Shanghai.:D

Anyway, I'm bored at work and thought I'd see what's up around here but nothing here either.

Only thing to talk about is the shake up with PHM at Team Lagardere. I feel so sorry for PHM. Wonder what Richard thinks of the situation; he and Gael seemed to be good friends but it also seems like Gael screwed over PHM. Maybe Gael had nothing to do with the "assignment" of coaches but I rather doubt that ... tough business that professional tennis. Seems like it put everyone in a difficult situation - hardly a "team" right now.

my0118
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
True, not much action around here and still have another month to go before tennis starts up. Guess I'm going to have to watch Richie's Wimbledon match against Roddick, over and over again or his win over Djoke at Shanghai.:D

Anyway, I'm bored at work and thought I'd see what's up around here but nothing here either.

Only thing to talk about is the shake up with PHM at Team Lagardere. I feel so sorry for PHM. Wonder what Richard thinks of the situation; he and Gael seemed to be good friends but it also seems like Gael screwed over PHM. Maybe Gael had nothing to do with the "assignment" of coaches but I rather doubt that ... tough business that professional tennis. Seems like it put everyone in a difficult situation - hardly a "team" right now.

Yeah this time is boring for tennis fans. :lol:
Actually I shouldn't be bored because I have lots to do for exams and HWs. :o :rolls:

Well I heard Gael badly wanted him. In fact, I don't care about Gael, but his capricious decisions have been always not amusing. Besides, even if he got him back, we'll have to see his next season. I hope PHM had the better next season than this year which he had the best.

Allure
12-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah this time is boring for tennis fans. :lol:
Actually I shouldn't be bored because I have lots to do for exams and HWs. :o :rolls:

Well I heard Gael badly wanted him. In fact, I don't care about Gael, but his capricious decisions have been always not amusing. Besides, even if he got him back, we'll have to see his next season. I hope PHM had the better next season than this year which he had the best.

I'm soooooo bored. I can't wait for the AO. :yawn:

lisaplenske
12-01-2007, 09:31 AM

yes its really boring without tennis:retard: ,I might do like you and watch the richard matchs

well when will the hopman cup begins?
Gael is playing there with tatiana golovin.Dont think he has "an evil side" and that he is the brain of this thing against phm, Professional tennis is very specific world, the notion of "team" has only a meaning in davis cup even if its still very criticable cause its not a priority for the most part of the players.Every player has to make the right choices in the right time,they are the only responsable of their carreer.Yes very difficult.

tennis lover
12-01-2007, 12:05 PM
there is still the Davis Cup final on you know?! ;)

but yeah, I hate the off season. :(

Puschkin
12-01-2007, 10:50 PM
Guess I'm going to have to watch Richie's Wimbledon match against Roddick....

I just did that and I can recommend it. It feels good. :D

my0118
12-02-2007, 02:31 AM
yes its really boring without tennis:retard: ,I might do like you and watch the richard matchs

well when will the hopman cup begins?

Dec 29th ;)

BTW Richard will play in Adelaide where the tournament will start on 31th Dec. as no.1 seed! I can't wait!! :dance: Oh... I still can't get out of the tennis thing.. :zzz: :rolls:

bittertea
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
there is still the Davis Cup final on you know?! ;)

Torturous stuff, however expected from a Russia's supporter perspective. :o

The AO cannot come sooner! :zzz:

tennis lover
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Torturous stuff, however expected from a Russia's supporter perspective. :o

The AO cannot come sooner! :zzz:
well from a USA supporter's point of view it's been pretty damn good! ;) :banana:

Schu
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
well from a USA supporter's point of view it's been pretty damn good! ;) :banana:

It WAS NICE to have the USA finally bring home the Davis Cup after SOOO long but it was still a pretty boring final. I really expected the singles to be closer and thought that Blake could even choke it away but he hung tough.

If I looked at the '08 Davis Cup draw correctly wouldn't the US and France play in round 2, if both win their first tie, as they should? Humm, I like most of the French player A LOT better than the US players; it would be really hard for me to cheer for the US if that happens.

tennis lover
12-02-2007, 09:55 PM
It WAS NICE to have the USA finally bring home the Davis Cup after SOOO long but it was still a pretty boring final. I really expected the singles to be closer and thought that Blake could even choke it away but he hung tough.

If I looked at the '08 Davis Cup draw correctly wouldn't the US and France play in round 2, if both win their first tie, as they should? Humm, I like most of the French player A LOT better than the US players; it would be really hard for me to cheer for the US if that happens.
yeah, it wasn't the most exciting in terms of matches but I'm just so happy that they won it, they wanted it so badly! :D :dance:

Yeah, France-USA is a toughy for me too but USA wins I'm afraid, Andy always does for me! :lol: I just wish it could be in France, I would definitely go if I could get tickets. :awww:

Puschkin
12-03-2007, 07:23 AM
If I looked at the '08 Davis Cup draw correctly wouldn't the US and France play in round 2, ............

Unless the tiny Davids from my country create some havoc in round 1. :D :D :D

tennis lover
12-03-2007, 12:45 PM
:ras: ;)

lisaplenske
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM

mÍme pas en rÍve!:p

France doesnt have easy draw
, look at the french soccer team,its just scary:scared:

hopefully they will get through

Schu
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM

And that is certainly possible, especially in Davis Cup where strange things happen.

bittertea
12-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm big enough to Congratulate team USA. It was a well deserved win, I won't argue with that. (However much I may dislike the individuals on the team :p)

France doesnt have easy draw
, look at the french soccer team,its just scary:scared:

Sincere condolences on the Euro 2008 draw. :hug:
Just can't seem to stay away from the Italians. :lol: :help:

Puschkin
12-04-2007, 06:57 AM
mÍme pas en rÍve!:p
I think you misunderstood. ;) The Davids from Austria will beat the US which will allow them to play France in round 2. :D :D :D

lisaplenske
12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I think you misunderstood. ;) The Davids from Austria will beat the US which will allow them to play France in round 2. :D :D :D

oops yes,sorry I hadnt my daily dose of cafeine:drink: aliance franco-autrichienne par conséquent;) :angel:

Sincere condolences on the Euro 2008 draw.
Just can't seem to stay away from the Italians.

HUM... the less they meet the Italians the more they feel good I think and so am I :lol:

Never forget the World Cup Finale:( I wonder how zinedine zidane feel after this draw.Oh zidane...I miss him:sad:

but allez!we have a good new team I think even with this deadly group,we will fight and go to the next round:aplot:

ps: sorry for The English national Team,it wont be as interesting as if they were qalified:silly:

Puschkin
12-04-2007, 03:13 PM
oops yes,sorry I hadnt my daily dose of cafeine:drink: aliance franco-autrichienne par conséquent;) :angel:

I will even give up my "Davis Cup-phobia" to cheer on my compatriots against the US. But of course the French have to do their part, win against Romania. ;)

BTW: No news about our hero? :o Last year at this time of the year was the famous "mountain" training session in Val Thorens, but I could not find anything now.

lisaplenske
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
yes the job has to be done against Romania and it will I think:)

dont know either about richard and his training program,I check on the tv sport news on the channel france3 everyday at 20h10,but no news for now...:shrug:

bittertea
12-05-2007, 01:12 PM
ps: sorry for The English national Team,it wont be as interesting as if they were qalified:silly:

Don't worry, I couldn't care less about our current team. :o No disappointment there.

From what I've found (see photo thread) Richie's been attending football matches himself. No sign or word regarding any training regiment. :shrug:

my0118
12-05-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't worry, I couldn't care less about our current team. :o No disappointment there.

From what I've found (see photo thread) Richie's been attending football matches himself. No sign or word regarding any training regiment. :shrug:

Wow! Great search!! Thanks for the pics Bittertea. :hug: I'm refreshed with them because I have been stuck in the desk for over a week. I gotta keep doing it one or two more weeks though, which is so :smash:

BTW it seems every match from group C in Euro 2008 will be the must-see match. :rolls:

lisaplenske
12-05-2007, 06:22 PM

Hope for him that he didnt go to PSG matches cause they are just:sobbing: :retard: :tape: he is a supporter of this team(dont ask me why,I cant get it neither:o )
watching them losing that way could be horrible,now that he got more confidence in him,its really not an example to follow:spit:

thanks for the news:)

tennis lover
12-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Hope for him that he didnt go to PSG matches cause they are just:sobbing: :retard: :tape: he is a supporter of this team(dont ask me why,I cant get it neither:o )
watching them losing that way could be horrible,now that he got more confidence in him,its really not an example to follow:spit:

thanks for the news:)
check the caption in the photo thread! :o ;)

lisaplenske
12-05-2007, 06:54 PM
sorry but I laughed so much when I saw that he was there

he is courageous,REALLY.

Couldnt watch a PSG match, I gave up many years ago to protect myself cause its just disappointment after disappointment

well that proves that richard is a fidele supporter but I dont really think that he watched many of PSG team recently cause there is NO TEAM,NO GAME NOTHING.

Someone should have give him an invitation,thats the only explication:p

Truc
12-05-2007, 10:29 PM
BTW: No news about our hero? :o Last year at this time of the year was the famous "mountain" training session in Val Thorens, but I could not find anything now.It has already started, but with the FFT players only, he isn't in the group.

goodgirl_alex
12-06-2007, 05:29 AM
what is this some sort of like fan club thing? hahahah i want to join! I love gasquet!

Ome
12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
The Banking feature is interesting :lol:

SW :hug: And who's going to change the title thread here when Richard does well in GS tourneys? :awww:

my0118
12-14-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd like to be a mod for Gasquet's forum so that I could change the title. :haha:
But I don't know how to apply for it. :shrug:

Ome
12-14-2007, 04:16 PM
I'd like to be a mod for Gasquet's forum so that I could change the title. :haha:
But I don't know how to apply for it. :shrug:

Maybe Nathii can help :shrug:

Mod Mia :rocker2: :lol:

Allure
12-14-2007, 08:47 PM
I second nominate Mia. :banana:

my0118
12-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Maybe Nathii can help :shrug:

Mod Mia :rocker2: :lol:

Okay I'll ask Nathii. ;)
:hearts:

I second nominate Mia. :banana:

:hearts: ;)

tennis lover
12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
:lol: I don't know if they'll let us have a mod, the forum isn't exactly busy at the best of times! :o but go for it! ;)

my0118
12-15-2007, 01:13 AM
:lol: I don't know if they'll let us have a mod, the forum isn't exactly busy at the best of times! :o but go for it! ;)

Richard should do better next season which leads so many fans so that we let us have a mod. :haha:

Allure
12-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Richard should be more popular. When he's not playing no one talks about him. The Safin and Roddick forums are always busy. It's not fair. :awww:

my0118
12-15-2007, 01:01 PM
I asked Nathii and she said someone other than myself could make a thread for a sugeetion for me becoming a mod in suggetion's forum. (with some reasons for that) Can anyone make a thread for me? :wavey: and other gasquetaires could support for me being a mod? I'll really appreciate it. :wavey:

bittertea
12-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Mod Mia! :rocker2: - Now that's a campaign I can back.

How is everyone filling the void of the off-season? I (un)fortunately have the footie and Snooker to keep me at bay (Come on, Ronnie! Time to end the ranking title drought!)

my0118
12-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Mod Mia! :rocker2: - Now that's a campaign I can back.

How is everyone filling the void of the off-season? I (un)fortunately have the footie and Snooker to keep me at bay (Come on, Ronnie! Time to end the ranking title drought!)

thanks so much :hug:

I guess you're lucky! :lol:
For me, after storming exams, it couldn't be more :zzz:
maybe those who don't have much to do may have the same feelings. :zzz:

tennis lover
12-16-2007, 08:31 PM
my exams are after Christmas which is even worse! :sobbing: I have 9 days at home and they expect me to study? no way! :( I finish my classes tomorrow, then I just have to do all of my Christmas shopping and pack and everything before I go home next saturday. and I think the next 2 weeks are going to be pretty hectic for me with my birthday, christmas and new year so I'm not going to have time to think about the lack of tennis! :lol:

Allure
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
my exams are after Christmas which is even worse! :sobbing: I have 9 days at home and they expect me to study? no way! :( I finish my classes tomorrow, then I just have to do all of my Christmas shopping and pack and everything before I go home next saturday. and I think the next 2 weeks are going to be pretty hectic for me with my birthday, christmas and new year so I'm not going to have time to think about the lack of tennis! :lol:

Where do you live? Do you live in France but going to school out of the country? :confused:

sebabe
12-17-2007, 09:14 AM
On a completely unrelated topic I have heard and sometimes read that Richard is gay is this true? If this is an old topic already been thrashed to death on a previous occassion then I apologise, but I thought if anyone might know it would be Gasket fans.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
It has been thrashed to death. But Richard was asked back in Monte Carlo, and here's his response. I belive him. I wished they'd leave him alone about this. :awww:

Q. This question has nothing to do with tennis. But did you see that in the magazine Le Point there was an article about Lagardere who denied the rumor about your relationship.

RICHARD GASQUET: I was absolutely not happy about that. This question has come back hundreds of times, and every time someone turns up saying, Oh, I have evidence.
It is just bullshit. Neither him nor me are homosexuals. It's absolutely obvious

MariaV
12-17-2007, 10:14 AM
One more evidence that a mod is needed.
Hi everyone! :wavey: I truly truly need the offseason.

Ome
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
One more evidence that a mod is needed.
Hi everyone! :wavey: I truly truly need the offseason.

:yeah:

tennis lover
12-17-2007, 12:06 PM
Where do you live? Do you live in France but going to school out of the country? :confused:
I live in the UK but I'm studying in France for a year. :p But I'm going home for Christmas! :banana:

my0118
12-18-2007, 02:18 PM

:hug: have a good time at your home. :wavey:

BTW I've done the fall semester after today's exam! :banana:
However, the day after tomorrow, I should go to school for the winter class. :haha: But I guess it won't be harder than the fall semester since I don't have to take a major course. :dance:

silverwhite
12-20-2007, 01:10 AM
:wavey:

Just popped in to say hi. I was released for a day since it's a public holiday. Not looking forward to going back at all. :help:

Ome
12-20-2007, 01:13 AM
:D We miss you, man! :kiss:

That bad, huh? :tape: :hug:

my0118
12-20-2007, 01:16 AM

Just popped in to say hi. I was released for a day since it's a public holiday. Not looking forward to going back at all. :help:

:)
I know how you feel :hug:
Most people wouldn't look forward to. :tape:

silverwhite
12-20-2007, 01:17 AM
:D We miss you, man! :kiss:

That bad, huh? :tape: :hug:

Yeah. :o

Ome
12-20-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah. :o

Hang in there :hug:
It'll be over before you know it :p

silverwhite
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Hang in there :hug:
It'll be over before you know it :p

Yeah right. It'll be the longest two years ever. :o

Ome
12-20-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah right. It'll be the longest two years ever. :o

I know... I lied :rolls: Sorry, probably not very supportive :o

Anyway, I'm sure it will get better :hug:

silverwhite
12-20-2007, 01:44 AM
I know... I lied :rolls: Sorry, probably not very supportive :o

Anyway, I'm sure it will get better :hug:

Hopefully :sad:

Ome
12-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Hopefully :sad:

:hug:

My brother did a national service here in Thailand. Originally, it's for two years, but he was released after about a year and 3 months. They couldn't stand him anymore, I guess :o

I'm sure it's different in Thailand and Singapore, but from witnessing my brother's journey, I believe that it will get better :) And on the plus side, you'll get in the best shape of your life. At least that's what happened to my brother :lol:

But gee, two years are way too long :awww:

silverwhite
12-20-2007, 02:04 AM

My brother did a national service here in Thailand. Originally, it's for two years, but he was released after about a year and 3 months. They couldn't stand him anymore, I guess :o

I'm sure it's different in Thailand and Singapore, but from witnessing my brother's journey, I believe that it will get better :) And on the plus side, you'll get in the best shape of your life. At least that's what happened to my brother :lol:

But gee, two years are way too long :awww:

Yes, two years is a pretty long time. I could put them to better use. :o

Getta
12-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Hey :wavey:

Just to wish you Happy Holidays.

May 2008 bring the best to you (and to Richie, too). :D

InfiniteSadness
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Sorry if I'm not very present (actually I don't think a lot of people miss me :lol:, but I do miss you) but I really don't take the time to come here at the moment. Hope it will be better when this offseason stops!

I think a lot of you guys! ;)

Mag

Ome
12-21-2007, 03:17 AM

Sorry if I'm not very present (actually I don't think a lot of people miss me :lol:, but I do miss you) but I really don't take the time to come here at the moment. Hope it will be better when this offseason stops!

Mag

:wavey: Mag :smooch:

I do miss you :p :hug:

my0118
12-23-2007, 09:06 AM
I think it's a bit early but almost close.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!
Hope you had a great time. ;)

tennis lover
12-23-2007, 05:50 PM

SW! :wavey: I missed you. :awww: We miss you around here! :) Hopefully it will get better for you! :hug: (I know he probably won't see this but just in case ;) )

Mag
:wavey: Hey Mag, hope you're doing ok! It would be lovely to see you here a little bit more often next season! :D

Happy holidays to everyone here! :dance: I hope you all have a wonderful time whatever you are doing. :D

silverwhite
12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks, Jo :p

tennis lover
12-23-2007, 11:32 PM
ooh, you're here again! have you got time off for Christmas or something? :D

silverwhite
12-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Yeah. Got to go back on Christmas night though. :mad:

my0118
12-24-2007, 03:00 AM

Enjoy your two days though. ;)

Allure
12-24-2007, 03:04 AM
Merry Xmas SW and Mia. :hug:

tennis lover
12-24-2007, 10:48 PM
:awww: that's harsh. Enjoy your day off! :hug:

silverwhite
12-25-2007, 12:36 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone!

my0118
12-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Another thing that impressed me was how different were the Korean women traditional costumes from the Japanese ones. Both very beautiful but in a distinct way. Korean are, seem to me at least, more frugal, airy, with lighter designs. Japanese, on the other hand, are heavier stuff and have heavier design, without though reaching the point which is too-too (with the negative meaning) for the human eye (and taste).

Taking the risk to seem blasphemous, I would compare Korean traditional costumes to ancient Greek columns of Doric order (1) and the Japanese traditional costumes to ancient Greek columns of Corinthian order (2). Hope you don't miss my point...

(1): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doric_order

(2): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corinthian_order

To getta, I think your comparison is really thoughtful. Yeah Korean traditional costumes looks more simple than Japanese. Here's what I'd taken during women's tournament in Seoul. ;)

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/my0118/SV305040_03774.jpg

BTW when have you been to Korea? Did you come over here for business? :)
I would be appreciate if you tell me how come you've visited Far East Asia so many times. :)

Anyways, (I already said but) Merry Christmas to everyone! :banana:

Ome
12-25-2007, 03:51 AM
:wavey: Merry Xmas to all Gasquetaires :aparty:

Schu
12-25-2007, 06:34 AM
:aparty: Merry Christmas

Joyeux Noel

to everyone

Allure
12-25-2007, 07:03 AM
Merry Christmas!!!!! :bigclap: :aparty: :rocker:

Ginevra83
12-25-2007, 11:54 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!:hug:

BUON NATALE!!

Bye bye

Gul
12-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Merry Christmas :hug:

izum
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM
merry Xmas
but my Xmas is on 7 january

Getta
12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
BTW when have you been to Korea? Did you come over here for business? :)
I would be appreciate if you tell me how come you've visited Far East Asia so many times. :)

Hey all :wavey: Hey Mia :wavey:

Last time I visited Korea was in eighties.
My father was a cargo ship Captain and therefore was allowed to have his whole family on board. :) So, I've travelled a lot around the world since I was a baby. :angel:
Well, the places I visited more often were the States and Japan because the ship timetable was that.

Christmas is almost over. ;)

Though it's a bit early, I wish to all of you:

:aparty: HAPPY 2008 !!! :aparty:

my0118
12-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey all :wavey: Hey Mia :wavey:

Last time I visited Korea was in eighties.
My father was a cargo ship Captain and therefore was allowed to have his whole family on board. :) So, I've travelled a lot around the world since I was a baby. :angel:
Well, the places I visited more often were the States and Japan because the ship timetable was that.

:aparty: HAPPY 2008 !!! :aparty:

Wow, I don't remember over here of the 80s becase I was :baby: :lol:
And since then probably it's changed a lot. ;)
Traveling on a ship looks fantastic. :angel:

BTW happy 2008. :wavey:

EternalxJourney
12-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Happy New Year! How's everyone's holiday going?

I can't wait till the tennis season starts but in the meantime, I've been trying to learn French on youtube so perhaps in the near future I'll be able to understand something that comes outta Richie's mouth. :angel: This is what I know so far: Je suis americaine. :lol:

my0118
12-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Hey Val, long time no see. :D
Je suis sud-coréenne. :rolls:

Getta
12-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Hey, Mia. :wavey:

Je suis grecque. ;)

my0118
12-29-2007, 04:53 AM
Hey getta. :wavey:
How are you? :D
BTW can you tell us your real name? ;)

Getta
12-29-2007, 05:55 AM
I was christened Georgia.

Georgia -> Georgette (in french) -> Getta (simplified from french)

Friends call me Getta. Due to my lack of imagination, :rolleyes: 'Getta' is my username, too. :p

my0118
12-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh your name is actually getta. :p :rolls:

Sophie-d
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Hiya everyone! :wavey: I know it's a little late but hope you had a merry Christmas and I wish all of you a happy New Year!
No big parties for me...I think I will have to study for my exams :awww:!

EternalxJourney
12-30-2007, 12:26 AM
What kind of exams are you studying for? Shouldn't you be on vacation right now?

tennis lover
12-30-2007, 12:34 AM
I have exams next week as well. :awww: and I haven't started studying yet! :tape:

EternalxJourney
12-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Aww that sucks. Are they like finals?

tennis lover
12-30-2007, 01:13 AM
as in my final year? no. They're just end of term exams. :shrug: so next week I will be examined on everything I have done this semester and in the summer I will be examined on next semester. :p

EternalxJourney
12-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Hi tennislover, sorry for the confusion but end of term exams are called finals where I'm from. I suppose your term ends a bit later than mine (I had my last exam a week ago). So when does your new term start?

tennis lover
12-30-2007, 03:14 AM
Hi tennislover, sorry for the confusion but end of term exams are called finals where I'm from. I suppose your term ends a bit later than mine (I had my last exam a week ago). So when does your new term start?
Yeah, I thought so. In the UK we only call our final year exams finals! ;) My new semester will start the week after the exams, some of the exams we before the Christmas holidays but all of mine are in the next 2 weeks. This year is a bit different for me though because I'm in France studying, last year I had all of my exams in the summer so I didn't have to worry about studying over Christmas. :(

my0118
12-30-2007, 03:25 AM
Exams, exams, exams.. :hug:
I should also have lots of exams to take.
Good luck to those who have lots of exams. :dance:

Sophie-d
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
What kind of exams are you studying for? Shouldn't you be on vacation right now?

Well yes, but I have to spend my vacation studying for this stupid exam I have in the beginning of January :(! It's an exam in european history and culture- and commercial geography

Sophie-d
12-30-2007, 11:24 AM
as in my final year? no. They're just end of term exams. :shrug: so next week I will be examined on everything I have done this semester and in the summer I will be examined on next semester. :p

It's the same here! Good luck to you too then :)!

tennis lover
12-30-2007, 04:49 PM
yeah, good luck to everyone else as well! :hug: Stupid exams...:( :lol:

EternalxJourney
12-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Good luck to all! I'm so bored though...can't wait until the tennis season starts up again.

Rafas_grl
12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey guys!!

Tennis season starts soon!!!! cant wait!! it feels like ages since i ve seen a tennis match!

plus schools start too..:(

my0118
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
Good luck to all! I'm so bored though...can't wait until the tennis season starts up again.

Hey guys!!

Tennis season starts soon!!!! cant wait!! it feels like ages since i ve seen a tennis match!

plus schools start too..:(

I feel like I almost forgot how tennis is played. :rolls:
It starts today. :bounce:

MariaV
12-31-2007, 09:30 AM
Happy New Year! :wavey:
And YAY for the new tennis season! Allez Richard! :banana: :yippee: :bigclap:

tennis lover
12-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Can't wait for tennis to start again! (although I won't be able to pay too much attention next week. :awww: ) I just hope I can find a livestream for the AO, my brother is going to be there and I'm so jealous! :sobbing:

Rafas_grl
12-31-2007, 04:10 PM
When does the AO start btw??
i ve been away way too long:rolleyes:

Tomorrow the first matches of the year!!

Getta
12-31-2007, 04:38 PM
When does the AO start btw??
i ve been away way too long:rolleyes:

Tomorrow the first matches of the year!!

January 14.

Cin
12-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Happy new year :D

EternalxJourney
12-31-2007, 07:28 PM
We have quite a few hours (10 to be exact) until the new year but to those of you on the other side of the world, Happy 2008!

my0118
01-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Happy New Year!! :aparty:

tami
01-01-2008, 01:32 AM
happy new year all!!! and to kick it off with a smile, the local newspaper here has a small article on gasquet, which is really quite rare because they don't tend to feature him. i'm so excited here's in australia now, hope he is enjoying the fantastic beach weather here, maybe i'll see him jogging or frolicking around on the beach where i live...he's mentioned frequenting it here before, so fingers crossed..hahaha

hope all your new years' wishes come true!

tennis lover
01-01-2008, 02:31 AM
Happy New Year to all of you! :D Let's hpe 2008 is a great year for all of us and Richie! :devil:

my0118
01-01-2008, 02:47 PM
hope all your new years' wishes come true!

Why don't we list our resolutions or wishes in here since this thread's relatively quiet? :D

My resolution is..

1. Make up for my GPA :tape:
2. Graduate :D
3. Pass the employment exams and then get a job

The last one is..
4. Try not to reside on MTF too much. :o

How about you guys? :D

Allure
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Happy New Years! :bounce: I didn't do anything last night, just sat home and watched TV. :o

MariaV
01-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Happy New Year, Gasket Blowers! :wavey:
And best of luck in 2008 to our lil' Richie! :banana:

Getta
01-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Why don't we list our resolutions or wishes in here since this thread's relatively quiet? :D

My resolution is..

1. Make up for my GPA :tape:
2. Graduate :D
3. Pass the employment exams and then get a job

The last one is..
4. Try not to reside on MTF too much. :o

How about you guys? :D

Mia, nobody paid attention to what you had said. :lol:
(or their lives are pointless... :p. Just kidding. :angel:)

Mine:

1. Make up for my GPA
2. Graduate (engineering)
3. Accepted as Ph.D. candidate (mathematics)
4. Try not to reside on MTF too much.

Our lists are too similar... :haha:

InfiniteSadness
01-01-2008, 07:58 PM
hi everyone! :wavey:

Happy new year to all of you! And best of luck for Richie and you. ;)

my0118
01-02-2008, 02:22 AM

Mine:

1. Make up for my GPA

Yeah they are. :lol:

I guess people are cautious of posting ones because it would be embarassing when they look back at the end of the year. I'm kidding. :rolls:

Allure
01-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Mia, I'm going to send you another card. It looks like you haven't received my first one. :lol:

my0118
01-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Mia, I'm going to send you another card. It looks like you haven't received my first one. :lol:

I haven't got cards from anyone who sent me.
So I'll be waiting and let you know when I get yours. :wavey:

Ginevra83
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone!!!I'm back home,
I want to wish my delay Happy New Year to all of you!!!
kisses:wavey:

Schu
01-03-2008, 03:45 AM

Mine:

1. Make up for my GPA

O.K. since I've been around longer than most of you Gasquet fans, I've learned that New Year's resolutions usually just end up as disappointments so I spare myself.

However I do have one resolution this year... Ignore the idiots on GM - better yet don't even read the absurd posts. Every once in while one of those jerks yanks my chain and I get pulled into an insane "argument" - no more. I'm just going to hang out with Richard's nice, reasonable and classy fans. :wavey:

But for those of you who made resolutions - hope they come to fruition.

bittertea
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Happy belated New Yr, dear Gasquet fans! :D

My only resolution for this year is the same as every other year - Not to fail at life.

my0118
01-03-2008, 04:15 PM
O.K. since I've been around longer than most of you Gasquet fans, I've learned that New Year's resolutions usually just end up as disappointments so I spare myself.

However I do have one resolution this year... Ignore the idiots on GM - better yet don't even read the absurd posts. Every once in while one of those jerks yanks my chain and I get pulled into an insane "argument" - no more. I'm just going to hang out with Richard's nice, reasonable and classy fans. :wavey:

But for those of you who made resolutions - hope they come to fruition.

I guess you're right. :rolls: Actually I don't usually make resolutions, but this year could be special for me. :) So I want to aim at my goals. ;)
And thanks. :wavey:

We all know there are many idiots towards Richard on GM. So I think it's a good resolution for you. :D

Happy belated New Yr, dear Gasquet fans! :D

My only resolution for this year is the same as every other year - Not to fail at life.

Natalie you're not going to fail at life this year yet again. ;)

bittertea
01-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Natalie you're not going to fail at life this year yet again. ;)

I don't know. I've been on the brink of failure for 21 years now, it's bound to happen someday... It's as inevitable as Federer's decline. :p

Gasquandian
01-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I didn't know where to introduce myself, but my name is Matt from New york, Gasquet is my favorite along with Nalbandian, hopefully he has a good '08.

Schu
01-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I didn't know where to introduce myself, but my name is Matt from New york, Gasquet is my favorite along with Nalbandian, hopefully he has a good '08.

Welcome, Matt!

Good taste in players - my 2 favorites also :yeah:

And I think there are one or two other masochistics around here as well. Maybe this year will be the year we can have a smooth ride with these guys...

my0118
01-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't know. I've been on the brink of failure for 21 years now, it's bound to happen someday... It's as inevitable as Federer's decline. :p

:hug: ;)

Hey Matt!! Glad to meet you! my favorite players are also Gasquet and Nalbandian like Schu. :wavey:
BTW do you live in NYC? :D

Getta
01-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Hey, Matt. :wavey:

I'm rooting for Gasquet and Nalbandian as well.

But, still, I'm rooting also for a few other guys. ;)

my0118
01-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Hi Getta. :wavey:
I thought your favourites are Baggy and Richie. :rolls: Good to know you also root for Nalby. :D

Getta
01-05-2008, 03:02 AM
And for Stan the man, aussi. :D

my0118
01-05-2008, 03:06 AM
I actually don't like Stan only because he beats Nalby. :rolls: But I know he's good.

Gasquandian
01-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey Matt!! Glad to meet you! my favorite players are also Gasquet and Nalbandian like Schu. :wavey:
BTW do you live in NYC? :D

no I live in way upstate New York, i'm basicly Canada so it's freezing here.

Getta
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey, Matt. :D

I see that apart from our love for Gasquet and Nalbandian, we share a common interest in Baghdatis, Wawrinka and Youzhny as well. ;)

You live in Canada or in USA (e.g. Maine, Vermont, northern parts of New York State, etc.)? I'm a bit confused. :scratch:

EternalxJourney
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM

Welcome aboard, fellow New Yorker!

EternalxJourney
01-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey, Matt. :D

I see that apart from our love for Gasquet and Nalbandian, we share a common interest in Baghdatis, Wawrinka and Youzhny as well. ;)

You live in Canada or in USA (e.g. Maine, Vermont, northern parts of New York State, etc.)? I'm a bit confused. :scratch:

getta,

the northern parts of New York state is very close to Canada, ie the city of Buffalo.

Getta
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
getta,

the northern parts of New York state is very close to Canada, ie the city of Buffalo.

Thanks. :yeah:

my0118
01-06-2008, 02:15 AM

oh it must be really cold, warm yourself up. :hug:
Well actually it's been cold over here as well (about -8C but maybe this is not that cold for you) but now it's pretty warm compared to those days.

BTW I found some Korean fans of Gasquet who are lurking in here. :devil:
I better be careful, I was revealing myself too much with thinking that there aren't many Koreans. :rolls:

tennis lover
01-07-2008, 08:52 PM
:wavey: Welcome! :D My name is Jo. :dance:
oh it must be really cold, warm yourself up. :hug:
Well actually it's been cold over here as well (about -8C but maybe this is not that cold for you) but now it's pretty warm compared to those days.
:eek: that is freezing, when it starts to get to about 2/3C I am constantly freezing, I couldn't cope with that! :sobbing:

InfiniteSadness
01-07-2008, 10:31 PM

Hi Matt. :wavey: Welcome!
Nice to see new people around. :)

my0118
01-12-2008, 07:20 PM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans
Isn't it cool? :cool:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5269/deucezh2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

~*BGT*~
01-13-2008, 03:51 AM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans

But where are the articles? :awww: They've been teasing us for over a week. awww:

Allure
01-13-2008, 03:58 AM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans

I've been waiting for that but it's not available yet. :confused:

Ome
01-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Here's the link: http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/deuce/january2008/tableofcontents.asp

Getta
01-13-2008, 07:16 AM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans

Mia, very nice to see both those cute guys on your poster.
I love you. :kiss: I love you more than Richie and David. :kiss: :smooch: :hug:

Hope I sound "girly" enough and, therefore, irritating to renaud. ;)
Mia, I must go now, because I see renaud coming. He looks angry, he probably wants to slap me. :unsure:

bittertea
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans

Not everyday you see your two favourite players featured! :banana:

my0118
01-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Btw Gasquet fans :wavey:
I'd like to make one suggestion.
As we don't have an introduction thread, how about combining the slogan thread with the introduction thread since the slogan thread is not active and new people seem to be confused where they introduce themselves? :)

If you guys agree, I will ask Carlita who is a super mod. :)

Schu
01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
For Gasquet-Nalby fans

I've got to get a copy of this issue - my two favorites in the same issue. :bounce:

And Thanks OME for the link - I'm tried of the ATP site' "It's Coming" when it is really already here. No new news or hot new photos but still nice to see them getting some press. Was this the issue for players with unfulfilled potential??

~*BGT*~
01-14-2008, 07:02 PM
That was a sweet article.

EternalxJourney
01-14-2008, 09:51 PM
As we don't have an introduction thread, how about combining the slogan thread with the introduction thread since the slogan thread is not active and new people seem to be confused where they introduce themselves? :)

I'm down with that.

Allure
01-14-2008, 10:27 PM

That's a great idea, Mia. :)

VolandriFan
01-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Richie finally made his way into my signature. ;)

I guess I'm a real fan now. It took a few years, but I love his game, looks and personality, and it helps when his fans are so nice. So thanks guys :hug:

Getta
01-15-2008, 04:26 AM

Count me in. :)

Getta
01-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Richie finally made his way into my signature. ;)

I guess I'm a real fan now. It took a few years, but I love his game, looks and personality, and it helps when his fans are so nice. So thanks guys :hug:

Still, I see Richie's name into the same category with Xristos. :o

VolandriFan
01-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Still, I see Richie's name into the same category with Xristos. :o

He asked me, I'm just doing him a favour ;)

Allure
01-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Will Richie ever make it into your main sig Paulo? :D

VolandriFan
01-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Will Richie ever make it into your main sig Paulo? :D

It really depends, maybe one day ;)

It doesn't mean much anyway, it's basically because I couldn't fit them all in with large font. All of those guys are great, but obviously there are a few I prefer over the others.

totoro_472
01-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Richard was in Channel Seven's advertisement for the TV show 'Dirty Sexy Money'! I think he said "dirty"!!!
it suprised me alot seeing him, i didnt get a good look as i was texting my friend about my thought's on Federer's outfit...

Schu
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Richard was in Channel Seven's advertisement for the TV show 'Dirty Sexy Money'! I think he said "dirty"!!!
it suprised me alot seeing him, i didnt get a good look as i was texting my friend about my thought's on Federer's outfit...

Would love to have seen/heard that. "Sexy" would have been more appropriate for him. A new image for Richie??

Renaud
01-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Matches on Rod Laver Arena are exciting, i can't wait to see Richard playing on it.

Puschkin
01-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Matches on Rod Laver Arena are exciting, i can't wait to see Richard playing on it.

:confused: Isn't he playing on Vadafone tomorrow?

Renaud
01-17-2008, 01:11 PM
:confused: Isn't he playing on Vadafone tomorrow?

:p

You think it will be his last match ? ;)
I Hope Marat will make the come back :scared:

Puschkin
01-17-2008, 01:43 PM
You think it will be his last match ? ;)

Of course not. :D

I Hope Marat will make the come back :scared:

That was too much to be asked. :sad:

Getta
01-17-2008, 06:46 PM
That was too much to be asked. :sad:

:D

Sorry guys. :shrug:
Though I would be a liar if I pretended that I was not scared of Marat. :angel:

Getta
01-19-2008, 10:57 PM
Juvvi, I like the way you expose your ideas. You have a poisonous sense of humour. :yeah:

Your posters on MTF are small gems. :)

Allure
01-23-2008, 01:18 AM
RIP Heath Ledger. :sad:

EternalxJourney
01-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Wow. I didn't see that one coming.

my0118
01-23-2008, 01:47 AM
Me neither. I was really surprised when I found out. But I heard he had tried once already in Sep last year.
Anyways RIP.

Allure
01-23-2008, 02:33 AM
I wasn't a big fan of his movies but I thought he was a talented actor. To die at such a young age is terrible.

Schu
01-23-2008, 06:19 AM
That was sad news about Ledger. You always think stars like that have it all -- guess not.

I'm watching Djokovic kill Ferrer right now. I can't understand how in the world Richard got creamed by Ferrer twice last year. The guy has just one shot and can't even change tactics when he is getting creamed cuz he has NO variety. Although I must admit he can hit the shit out of that one shot. I know Ferrer is a bad match up for Richard but Richard is so much more the complete tennis player. Once again just proves what we all know - how important tenacity on the court is. And actually he looks like he is starting to wear down Djoke as he just broke to get back on serve at 5-5 in the third but I think it is too late.

Allure
01-23-2008, 06:27 AM
That was sad news about Ledger. You always think stars like that have it all -- guess not.

I'm watching Djokovic kill Ferrer right now. I can't understand how in the world Richard got creamed by Ferrer twice last year. The guy has just one shot and can't even change tactics when he is getting creamed cuz he has NO variety. Although I must admit he can hit the shit out of that one shot. I know Ferrer is a bad match up for Richard but Richard is so much more the complete tennis player. Once again just proves what we all know - how important tenacity on the court is. And actually he looks like he is starting to wear down Djoke as he just broke to get back on serve at 5-5 in the third but I think it is too late.

I think it's because Djokovic's groundstrokes are really solid. He has no weakness with his backhand or forehand. Also he covers the court well, coming to the net and standing back. With Richard, he has a great bh but weak fh that Ferrer can take advantage of. And against grinders, Richard gets troubled because they always get the ball back.

my0118
01-23-2008, 06:30 AM

Yeah I agree. When I was watching Ferrer's game live, this was totally :zzz: He's just pushing the ball back until the opponent made errors or was tired of playing tennis. Even I realised Roddick's game was more watchable. But from what I'm watching right now, even Djokovic is working hard to beat this guy. He's a kind of never-give-up guy. On the other hand, Richard does not chase the ball till the end although he's got more varieties. And to beat a player like Ferrer, he should be mentally tougher, which is not enough at the moment.

Schu
01-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I think it's because Djokovic's groundstrokes are really solid. He has no weakness with his backhand or forehand. Also he covers the court well, coming to the net and standing back. With Richard, he has a great bh but weak fh that Ferrer can take advantage of. And against grinders, Richard gets troubled because they always get the ball back.

Yea, know that's all true. It's just so much more fun to see players like Richard and Roger and Tsonga and yes even Murray who can do something beside grind. But the main objective is winning not being an entertainer.

Getta
01-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Yea, know that's all true. It's just so much more fun to see players like Richard and Roger and Tsonga and yes even Murray who can do something beside grind. But the main objective is winning not being an entertainer.

As a follower of the dogma "to win beautiful", I disagree here. :shrug:

On the other hand, I know that I will be accused of being naively romantic. :)

my0118
01-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Yeah of course winning beautifully is much better, but players cannot produce their top level all the time. But the difference between top players and others is that top players find a way from somewhere to win a match even though they are not playing great.
I usually watched a couple of Richard's matches in which he played great but couldn't win because he couldn't hold his nerves. I wonder if he's ever changing, but as for Richard's problem, he should win a match even if he's playing ugly.

Allure
01-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Yeah I agree. When I was watching Ferrer's game live, this was totally :zzz: He's just pushing the ball back until the opponent made errors or was tired of playing tennis. Even I realised Roddick's game was more watchable. But from what I'm watching right now, even Djokovic is working hard to beat this guy. He's a kind of never-give-up guy. On the other hand, Richard does not chase the ball till the end although he's got more varieties. And to beat a player like Ferrer, he should be mentally tougher, which is not enough at the moment.

That's the biggest reason why he has a hard time with grinders. Someone like Ferrer constantly get the ball back and after a few shots, Richard gives up. I don't know if that's a physical thing or mental thing. Maybe if he improved his fitness he'll keep up with the grinders more. Maybe he gets nervous when someone keeps getting the ball back in play and he's thinking ''I don't know what to do to stop this guy!''

Schu
01-24-2008, 06:11 AM
I've got the perfect girlfriend for RIchie - Anna Ivanovic. She's sweet, pretty in a wholesome, natural way, like Richie is handsome and she could teach Richie a thing or two about mental toughness. I'm watching her play Hantuchova and she was getting blown off the court having lost the first 8 games in what looked like a real beatdown but she never got down and is now on serve midway through the third set.

Allure
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
I've got the perfect girlfriend for RIchie - Anna Ivanovic. She's sweet, pretty in a wholesome, natural way, like Richie is handsome and she could teach Richie a thing or two about mental toughness. I'm watching her play Hantuchova and she was getting blown off the court having lost the first 8 games in what looked like a real beatdown but she never got down and is now on serve midway through the third set.

I hate her. :ras: (Maybe because I dislike Ego Prince Djokovic and Horseface Jankovic and she's part of their group) Anyway, I think Hantuchova is good for Richie. :p

Schu
01-24-2008, 06:46 AM
I hate her. :ras: (Maybe because I dislike Ego Prince Djokovic and Horseface Jankovic and she's part of their group) Anyway, I think Hantuchova is good for Richie. :p

I don't think she is anything like Ego Prince Djokvic or Jankovic - actually more like the exact opposite.

BTW Did you just see the end of the match? Hantuchova and Anna are supposed to be very good friends and after Anna won the match, the B#@*h Hantuchova didn't look at Anna, shook her hand for one tenth of a second and walked off the court without so much as a look at the audience - not at all the way Richie ended his match with Tsonga.

Allure
01-24-2008, 06:55 AM
I don't think she is anything like Ego Prince Djokvic or Jankovic - actually more like the exact opposite.

BTW Did you just see the end of the match? Hantuchova and Anna are supposed to be very good friends and after Anna won the match, the B#@*h Hantuchova didn't look at Anna, shook her hand for one tenth of a second and walked off the court without so much as a look at the audience - not at all the way Richie ended his match with Tsonga.

Well I don't think they were close friends (like Richard/Tsonga or Richard/Monfils). Plus Daniela was probably pissed at her performance hence the cold handshake. When Richie lost to PHM, he barely looked at Paulo and people thought Gasquet was mad at Mathieu.

Schu
01-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Well I don't think they were close friends (like Richard/Tsonga or Richard/Monfils). Plus Daniela was probably pissed at her performance hence the cold handshake. When Richie lost to PHM, he barely looked at Paulo and people thought Gasquet was mad at Mathieu.

I'm sure she was pissed - I'd have blown a gasket after letting a match like that get away.

I remember seeing the end of that Richie/PHM match and being quite surprised that Richie did that to Paulo - in fact that's the only time I've seen him do anything that was "jerky". But then I thought, hey he might have a little :devil: in him afterall... ;)

Allure
01-24-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm sure she was pissed - I'd have blown a gasket after letting a match like that get away.

I remember seeing the end of that Richie/PHM match and being quite surprised that Richie did that to Paulo - in fact that's the only time I've seen him do anything that was "jerky". But then I thought, hey he might have a little :devil: in him afterall... ;)

Yeah she had her chances in the third set but made some bad shots like the forehand volley. :rolleyes: I can't stand Ivanovic now. I bet she thinks she's hot stuff. :rolleyes:

my0118
01-24-2008, 07:31 AM

I hate her too. Serbian Djokovic, Tipsarevic and Ivanovic are very annoying. Well actually I like Jankovic though.
Besides Ivanovic fist pumping in every point is much more annyoing than Sharapova's screaming.
Damn the worst final for me, because I'll root for Sharapova. :haha: :o

Allure
01-24-2008, 08:23 AM
I hate her too. Serbian Djokovic, Tipsarevic and Ivanovic are very annoying. Well actually I like Jankovic though.
Besides Ivanovic fist pumping in every point is much more annyoing than Sharapova's screaming.
Damn the worst final for me, because I'll root for Sharapova. :haha: :o

Same here. I find all the Serbian tennis players sooo annoying and arrogant. ESPN keeps showing the interviews of Djoke, Jankovic, and Ivanovic.

Djokovic: I was born in Belgrade. I played tennis when I was two. I want to become the best in the world, blah blah blah.

Ivanovic: There was no tennis where I lived. I had to play in the pool.

Jankovic: I have a horseface, blah blah blah...

I hate this year's women's final. I dislike both of them. I don't care who wins.

my0118
01-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Same here. I find all the Serbian tennis players sooo annoying and arrogant. ESPN keeps showing the interviews of Djoke, Jankovic, and Ivanovic.

Djokovic: I was born in Belgrade. I played tennis when I was two. I want to become the best in the world, blah blah blah.

Ivanovic: There was no tennis where I lived. I had to play in the pool.

Jankovic: I have a horseface, blah blah blah...

I hate this year's women's final. I dislike both of them. I don't care who wins.

Well actually I think Sharapova deserves to win. she really improved a lot. Even though I don't like her, she deserved to beat Henin and Jankovic. She's on fire!! We could maybe blame on Jankovic or Serena. :lol: As for Ana, maybe it's because I didn't watch hers much, but I've never been impressed by her playing. Her defense is good, but I don't know whether others are really good or not.

~*BGT*~
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't stand Sharapova. I hope Ana gets inspired by the fact that she lost the 8 games of her match, but came back and won anyway. I hope she destroys that chick like Serena did last year, so I can have myself a hard laugh when I watch it over and over again. :p

Anybody watching Jo versus Rafa?? :eek: Jo is simply on fire!!!! He's up 2 sets to love!!!!! :D

Puschkin
01-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Anybody watching Jo versus Rafa?? :eek: Jo is simply on fire!!!! He's up 2 sets to love!!!!! :D

I will watch this later today. Richard losing to the eventual champion? :p

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Richard, time to be motivated. :hatoff:

Allure
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I looovvvvveeeee Tsonga. He's so talented. Those drop shots. :eek: And he's cute too. ;)

Allure
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Richard, time to be motivated. :hatoff:

I actually think Tsonga is better than Gasquet now. He has a better serve, forehand, and volley. He's quicker too. Gasquet has the beautiful bh though.

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Tsonga should teach Richard how not to moonball :lol:

williaer
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
There's no doubt Tsonga has been incredible this tournament, and that he has been playing far and above Richard's level during the AO this year, however notice that he doesn't always play like this. The AO always has a surprise freak in the final and this year is no different. I'm not worried about Richard's number 1 French player status at the moment. He's more consistent and can maintain a high quality of play throughout the season while currently Tsonga is just playing out of his mind on one hell of a hotstreak. Should be interesting to see how it all pans out though.

Allez Jo!! :D

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
There's no doubt Tsonga has been incredible this tournament, and that he has been playing far and above Richard's level during the AO this year, however notice that he doesn't always play like this. The AO always has a surprise freak in the final and this year is no different. I'm not worried about Richard's number 1 French player status at the moment. He's more consistent and can maintain a high quality of play throughout the season while currently Tsonga is just playing out of his mind on one hell of a hotstreak. Should be interesting to see how it all pans out though.

Spot on :lol: But if Tsonga wins it, it would be totally different. Otherwise, it's just usual happening. :lol:

Anyways time to Nadal doing push-ups 1000 times for this defeat, stronger biceps :hatoff:

*julie*
01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I am so happy for Jo. And delighted cos he shut the mouth of some rafatards who laughed at Richard losing to him. :D

And these drop volleys :inlove: For sure, it's good for french tennis. It will give faith to Richard. With motivation everything is possible.
Let see if he can keep this level in the future now. It's really the first time he's been playing so well.

*julie*
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Words. ;)
I totally agree. And Jo isn't that good on clay too.

Allure
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Tsonga can attack Rafa's moonballs by hitting a deep winner into the court. Gasquet doesn't have a strong enough fh to do that. Until he improves his fh, I don't think we'll see big results from him.

Puschkin
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
First of all: Bravo, Jo-Wi. What a performance.

And on a mid-term perspective this will turn out only for the benefit of Richard. Competition in sports always leads to improvement.

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Tsonga can attack Rafa's moonballs by hitting a deep winner into the court. Gasquet doesn't have a strong enough fh to do that. Until he improves his fh, I don't think we'll see big results from him.

But I think his drop shots and volleys were more amazing. I thought it was his tactic when he did it to Richard because they know their games each other well, but it's just phenomenal. Nadal could barely pass him although his passing shots are one of his trademarks.

Allure
01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Tsonga needs to teach Gasquet how to volley. :lol:

LMAO Gasquet won more games than Rafa. He's the real #2. :worship:

lisaplenske
01-24-2008, 11:34 AM
tsonga is just playing so great,I was impressed during his match against youzni but now spanking nadal the way he did is just amazing!
I knew that against nadal,you have togofor winners winners and even more winners,with great touch at the net.He did everything to let nadal without any solution.Smart and Solid play from JW.

During the match,I was thinking,doesnt he want to give his forehand to richard,he can do so much thing with it.:D
I agree with the fact that richard has to improve his fh if he wants to go very far inslams and winthem.

I hope Jo to play as well as he played today,we'll see how he would handle such an event in his career,his first Grand slam finale...
Richard may surely watch the finale.

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:42 AM
tsonga is just playing so great,I was impressed during his match against youzni but now spanking nadal the way he did is just amazing!
I knew that against nadal,you have togofor winners winners and even more winners,with great touch at the net.He did everything to let nadal without any solution.Smart and Solid play from JW.

During the match,I was thinking,doesnt he want to give his forehand to richard,he can do so much thing with it.:D
I agree with the fact that richard has to improve his fh if he wants to go very far inslams and winthem.

I hope Jo to play as well as he played today,we'll see how he would handle such an event in his career,his first Grand slam finale...
Richard may surely watch the finale.

Sure. And as Richard fan, I bet he has a mixed feeling right now.
Richard had been spotlighted by French tennis and was the hope for them. Of course he's probably happy for Tsonga, but suddenly Tsonga took over all the attention (of course he deserves it ;)) and he's in the GS final which Richard has never been. I hope this makes him motivated. What Tsonga has done is just amazing. It was only his 5th GS appearance. I knew he's good judging by his junior career, but I didn't think it was really that fast.

Allure
01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Agree Mia. I think he has mixed feelings too. One he is happy for his friend. But he's probably jealous/envious that after all these years on tour he only made one GS SF and Tsonga suddenly out of nowhere makes a GS final. The media might put all their hopes on Tsonga and dismiss Richard as a disappointment. I hope Richard will take this as motivation to improve.

my0118
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Anyhow I hope Tsonga wins this to shut all talkers about comparison between Djokovic, Murray and Gasquet up.

Puschkin
01-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Agree Mia. I think he has mixed feelings too. One he is happy for his friend. But he's probably jealous/envious that after all these years on tour he only made one GS SF and Tsonga suddenly out of nowhere makes a GS final. The media might put all their hopes on Tsonga and dismiss Richard as a disappointment. I hope Richard will take this as motivation to improve.

I am sure he will. :) And being out of the media's attention is actually the best which can happen to him. I don't think he will miss press-conferences, etc...

bittertea
01-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Anyhow I hope Tsonga wins this to shut all talkers about comparison between Djokovic, Murray and Gasquet up.

Ditto.

And against Djoko I think he a more than a decent chance. (... Or maybe just wishful thinking on my part :o)

Allez, Jo. After today's exquisite roasting I hold no grudges for taking out three of my favourites.

Jozie
01-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Tsonga's incredible form should be extra motivation for Richard to raise his game. Tsonga has had little lose, coming in ranked 38th in the world, there has been less expectation and pressure. Will Tsonga be able to sustain the form and deal with the pressure, should he make Top 10, by winning on Sunday? Time will tell. Great for French Tennis, and great for 2 good friends to help each other with their games. Although I am still sad that Richard could not have made it further, there are so many positives to be taken from Tsongas fine form for both players.

lisaplenske
01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Richard had been spotlighted by French tennis and was the hope for them. Of course he's probably happy for Tsonga, but suddenly Tsonga took over all the attention (of course he deserves it ;)) and he's in the GS final which Richard has never been. I hope this makes him motivated. What Tsonga has done is just amazing. It was only his 5th GS appearance. I knew he's good judging by his junior career, but I didn't think it was really that fast.

agree with Mia too.And yes Pushkin,you re also right,what happens with tsonga today is good for him,would be even greater if Monfils comes back very strong,doing also great results,the guys will be in "a good emulation" with each other(both richard,jo,paulo and gael),less pressure from the medias will give him more serenity,freedom to be him and improve as much as possible his game.

So Allez!

Schu
01-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Absolutely agree as well. I know I have mixed feelings. I'm so happy for Tsonga and can't wait to watch the replay of his toasting of Nadal but I'm feeling sorry for Richie who in the span of less than 2 weeks became the "second man" in France. And yes, Pushkin the lack of media attention is probably a good thing for Richie. On the other hand he might feel EVEN MORE pressure to "show everyone" he's not the second best.

Just hope all this motivates him to fix his forehand and keep his spot among the Top. Tsonga was thought of as a brainless ball basher a few months ago so maybe there is hope for Richie to change his passive game and moonball forehand. I'm looking forward to how the rest of the season plays out. Is Tsonga a one hit wonder? Will Richie finally fix the things he needs to consistently be among the tennis elite?

*julie*
01-24-2008, 06:16 PM
On the other hand he might feel EVEN MORE pressure to "show everyone" he's not the second best.

I guess it's better to work in the shade than under the spotlights. Richard will really appreciate to have less pressure. In the past, he really succeeded when nobody was expecting him to do well.

Schu
01-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Just hope the press leaves him alone and doesn't start with the "well how do you feel now that Tsonga made a final and you haven't yet...blah, blah, blah"

Can't wait for the final. The surprise finalists in the AO recently really makes it fun - Maybe someday Richie???

Anyone hear anything more about Richard's toe/foot injury?

*julie*
01-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Anyone hear anything more about Richard's toe/foot injury?

Deblicker was on eurosport this morning and said Richard had some medical exams for his foot injury and everything is fine. He'll go back to practice next monday.

tennis lover
01-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Jo! :yeah: I wish I could've seen the match! Hopefully Djokovic will win his semi and we'll be guaranteed a new slam winner! :dance:

Vlad1980
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
First of all: Bravo, Jo-Wi. What a performance.

And on a mid-term perspective this will turn out only for the benefit of Richard. Competition in sports always leads to improvement.

It can only serve good for Richard. Perhaps Tsonga's run is exactly what he needed to make himself a step forward. I am also sure that Richard's reaching semis of Wimbledon motivated Jo and he improved a lot since then. Now it's Richard's turn to make a step up. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year develops.

williaer
01-25-2008, 03:07 AM
Who else is excited about Davis Cup with Richard, Jo-Wilfried and Clement/Llodra for doubles?????? WOOHOO!!

~*BGT*~
01-25-2008, 03:22 AM
Meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! :dance:

Allure
01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Wow, can't say I'm too surprised at Roger's loss. I knew if he played like he did against Tipsarevic, Blake, Berdych he would get killed by Djokovic. :o I don't know how this year will unfold for Fed but if his career is anything like Sampras, 2008 will be his declining year. Let's hope I'm wrong though. I read in Roger's forum that Djokovic's dad made the thumbs down sign when Roger walked off court. Asshole. :rolleyes:

my0118
01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
His family is f***ing as hell. I really hope Sharapova kills Ivanovic. Still think Tsonga played better than Novak in the semis. Hopefully Tsonga plays like that again against Djokovic. I can't stand all Serbians

tennis lover
01-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Im excited about the final, even though I won't be able to watch it for a few weeks! :lol: I think we could be in for a good match. :dance:

as for the women, I really hope Ana wins, I am not a fan of Maria! :o

Allure
01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
His family is f***ing as hell. I really hope Sharapova kills Ivanovic. Still think Tsonga played better than Novak in the semis. Hopefully Tsonga plays like that again against Djokovic. I can't stand all Serbians

I can't believe I'm rooting for Sharapova cause she's usually a bitch but ugghh Ivanovic goes down in my book cause she's friends with Ego Prince. :rolleyes: I can't stand Djoke's parents. I remember he said Federer was scared of his son and that his son was the best in the world. Djoke's mom said he is better than Roger at the USO. So classless I hope Tsonga kicks his ass. Can you imagine Djoke getting any more arrogant if he wins on Sunday? :o

my0118
01-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I can't believe I'm rooting for Sharapova cause she's usually a bitch but ugghh Ivanovic goes down in my book cause she's friends with Ego Prince. :rolleyes: I can't stand Djoke's parents. I remember he said Federer was scared of his son and that his son was the best in the world. Djoke's mom said he is better than Roger at the USO. So classless I hope Tsonga kicks his ass. Can you imagine Djoke getting any more arrogant if he wins on Sunday? :o

Well about Sharapova and Djokovic in USO, it looked like all make-up like Federer and Tiger Woods. I bet Djokovic would roor for Ivanovic. But I don't care about their friendship. It's about tennis, not about their private life. I used to hate Sharapova because she's kind of ball-basher and her father is really annoying. But after watching her game against Henin, well she's now different, her father never changed though. But I don't see her as rude as Ivanovic on the court. Sharapova actually made a better comment than Serena even when she lost. Even if it's all faking, this is the etiquette she needs to the media. However, Ivanovic is damn annoying and disgraceful on the court. Actually I haven't seen Sharapova doing like Ivanovic did.

Allure
01-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Well about Sharapova and Djokovic in USO, it looked like all make-up like Federer and Tiger Woods. I bet Djokovic would roor for Ivanovic. But I don't care about their friendship. It's about tennis, not about their private life. I used to hate Sharapova because she's kind of ball-basher and her father is really annoying. But after watching her game against Henin, well she's now different, her father never changed though. But I don't see her as rude as Ivanovic on the court. Sharapova actually made a better comment than Serena even when she lost. Even if it's all faking, this is the etiquette she needs to the media. However, Ivanovic is damn annoying and disgraceful on the court. Actually I haven't seen Sharapova doing like Ivanovic did.

I think Sharapova is not very nice but yeah the way she conveys herself to the media after a loss is pretty gracious. Ivanovic is nice off court (unlike Maria) but on court she's annoying. Like her ''adje'' after every point and fist pumping. I wanted to smack her when she played Hantuchova. :o

Regarding Roger, I think this year is his declining year. Pete Sampras is born the same month as Fed but ten years older. He started declining in AO 98 when he lost in the QFs.

In 1998, Sampras's number-one ranking was challenged by Chilean player Marcelo Ríos. (In 1993, 1994, 1996, and 1997, Sampras had dominated the ATP tour.) Sampras failed to defend his Australian Open title, losing in the quarterfinals, and won Wimbledon only after a hard fought five-set victory over Goran Ivanišević. Sampras lost a five-set U.S. Open semifinal to the eventual winner Patrick Rafter after suffering a leg injury in the third set while leading the match. He lost another semifinal at the Tennis Masters Cup. Nevertheless, Sampras finished the year as the top ranked player for the sixth year in a row.

1999 also started out disappointingly, as Sampras withdrew from the Australian Open and failed to win a title during the early part of the season. However, he then went on a 24-match winning streak, including the Stella Artois Championships, Wimbledon (equaling Roy Emerson's record of 12 Grand Slam singles titles), Los Angeles, and Cincinnati. That run ended when he was forced to retire from the RCA Championships and the U.S. Open because of a herniated disc in his back. Sampras's ranking was hurt through a combination of withdrawing from the Australian and U.S. Opens, tournaments in which he had strong performances during the previous year, and the resurgence of longtime rival Andre Agassi, putting an end to Sampras' six consecutive years of finishing as the World No. 1. Agassi took over the top ranking and held it for the rest of the season, but Sampras recovered and managed to beat him in the season-ending Tennis Masters Cup for the fifth and final time, enabling Sampras to place 3rd in the rankings.

Federer's career is similar to Pete's in many ways and I think this is a foretelling. I would not be surprised if he wins only one slam this year. (Five set Wimbledon final against Djoke or Nadal) and probably he will lose some MSs as well. Hopefully he will try to improve his stagnant game by hiring a new coach or seeing a sports psychologist.

my0118
01-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Well Roger hasn't played well during the tournament, so I kind of expected it. But I don't think Sampras and his career are similar that much. Sampras didn't reach the final in Roland Gaross while Roger did twice. Well he's declining, but I think he would hang in there more than Sampras did. Anyways we would see the new no.1 this year, but I rather prefer Nadal to Djokovic. :o

bittertea
01-25-2008, 03:37 PM
FUCK :mad:

Expected, but it still blows. :o

I'll be rooting for Jo hardcore. I don't think I'll be able to stomach seeing Nole lift as GS title... yet.

but I rather prefer Nadal to Djokovic. :o

Oh, most definitely. I don't dislike any player as much as I do Djokovic.

Schu
01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
As much as I like to see someone other than Fed in a final - why did it have to be Djokovic! Will not be able to bear looking at him hold the AO trophy - go JO!! I was trying not to find out the results of this match (played in the middle of the night for me) until I could get home from work and watch the replay on The Tennis Channel but as soon as I open up my home page on the computer at work - there it was on MSN news. Oh well, I'll probably still watch it if just to see what had to be a priceless look on Mirka's face. Not sure it could be as good as the look on Nadal's face as the writing was on the wall in his match with Tsonga.

It's weird, but I still have this little pang of envy that Tsonga did/is doing so well. He certainly deserves it, played out of his mind and has been a mental giant and seems like a sweet guy but I still wish it could have been Richard. But until Richard fixes a few things, physically and mentally guess I'll just have to be satisfied with an amazingly good looking, talented and nice guy playing an occassional brilliant match.

I'm going to have to pull for Ivanovic - can't hold it against her that her fellow countryman is an arrogant jerk. I'm not so sure how close they are as friends I think they are just from the same country and naturally hang out sometimes. Ivanovic's first pumping and sound affects are annoying but for me no where close to the level of Screechova and then there is daddy Sharapova...

my0118
01-25-2008, 04:42 PM

I'll be rooting for Jo hardcore. I don't think I'll be able to stomach seeing Nole lift as GS title... yet.

Oh, most definitely. I don't dislike any player as much as I do Djokovic.

We're so like-minded ;)

*julie*
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Same here. The final would have been Tsonga-Federer, I would have been happy about the winner either way. But I don't really like Djokovic. He's got a doubtful sense of sportmanship. :rolleyes:
Hopefully, Tsonga will show the same relaxed attitude as in his semie final. I was really amazed about it. I can't name any other french players (even the olders)who would have been that laid-back and focused in a GS semi-final.

Good luck Jo. :worship:

EternalxJourney
01-25-2008, 05:05 PM

That was my reaction exactly. I hope Jo takes one for the team and lifts up that trophy on Sunday. He needs to come out firing and put Djokerbitch under pressure considering he is the favorite to win the match.

richie21
01-25-2008, 07:51 PM
It can only serve good for Richard. Perhaps Tsonga's run is exactly what he needed to make himself a step forward. I am also sure that Richard's reaching semis of Wimbledon motivated Jo and he improved a lot since then. Now it's Richard's turn to make a step up. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year develops.

if only it was that easy......

Allure
01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
I hope Tsonga's coach gives Djokovic the thumbs down when he loses on Sunday. :fiery:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Im excited about the final, even though I won't be able to watch it for a few weeks! :lol: I think we could be in for a good match. :dance:

as for the women, I really hope Ana wins, I am not a fan of Maria! :o

I can't stand Maria!! Everyone knows I dislike Federer (for obvious reasons :rolleyes: ), but the only player I dislike more than Feds is Sharpie-ova.

If Federer were to play her in a match, I'd paint my stomach with a Swiss flag and make a sign that says, "Roger -- give me babies!!!" :p

As much as I like to see someone other than Fed in a final - why did it have to be Djokovic! Will not be able to bear looking at him hold the AO trophy - go JO!! I was trying not to find out the results of this match (played in the middle of the night for me) until I could get home from work and watch the replay on The Tennis Channel but as soon as I open up my home page on the computer at work - there it was on MSN news. Oh well, I'll probably still watch it if just to see what had to be a priceless look on Mirka's face. Not sure it could be as good as the look on Nadal's face as the writing was on the wall in his match with Tsonga.

It's weird, but I still have this little pang of envy that Tsonga did/is doing so well. He certainly deserves it, played out of his mind and has been a mental giant and seems like a sweet guy but I still wish it could have been Richard. But until Richard fixes a few things, physically and mentally guess I'll just have to be satisfied with an amazingly good looking, talented and nice guy playing an occassional brilliant match.

You're not alone. :awww: As much as I have grown to like and appreciate Jo this past month, I can only imagine the extreme happiness I'd be feeling if this were Richard in the final. He's such a great player, and his talent is obvious. But damn it Richie!! you could have been in this final, and would have been, imo, the slight favorite. :mad: :o

I'm going to have to pull for Ivanovic - can't hold it against her that her fellow countryman is an arrogant jerk. I'm not so sure how close they are as friends I think they are just from the same country and naturally hang out sometimes. Ivanovic's first pumping and sound affects are annoying but for me no where close to the level of Screechova and then there is daddy Sharapova...

I'll be pulling for Ana to do a Serena on Maria. :p I can't wait to see that performance again. :devil: :lol:

Does anyone have any pictures of Yuri during the early rounds? :lol: He had on the sunglasses, and had the hoodie over his head. He was a dead ringer for the Unibomber. :haha: I hope the bomb-sniffing dogs took a good whiff at him before he entered RLA. :spit:

I hope Tsonga's coach gives Djokovic the thumbs down when he loses on Sunday. :fiery:

That family is soooooooo annoying!! I'd want to see Djoke lose just to see their faces, even though he deserves a GS. But, I do have to say he has the most adorable little little brother. :inlove: The middle brother will be quite a hunk when he is legal. :aplot:

But speaking of family, I haven't heard anything about Jo's family. Surely, his parents must be coming to the final.. :confused:

EDIT:

Q. Have your parents arrived yet?

JO‑WILFRIED TSONGA: They arrive Sunday at the morning, tomorrow morning.

juvvi
01-26-2008, 01:14 AM
if only it was that easy......

Looking at the standard of tennis on display at the Australian Open, I would Richard is not too far from doing really well on tour. Please Richie21, you have to give some credit to Gasquet. He is not that bad. He might end up winning the French Open for all I know.

Getta
01-26-2008, 07:28 AM
...Please Richie21, you have to give some credit to Gasquet. He is not that bad. He might end up winning the French Open for all I know.

He will most probably end up winning Wimbledon.

Allure
01-26-2008, 09:29 AM
He will most probably end up winning Wimbledon.

Preferably this year against Roger. :angel:

lisaplenske
01-26-2008, 11:55 AM

exactly the same for me,cant stand their "too much" side:sobbing:,and fakervic is so arrogant:(
hopefully Jo wont let him win tomorrow and will go to take the title far away from him.
Well in the semi final afainst roger federer,the serbian served better than nadal ddid against tsonga,it will be the key I think inthis finale.djokovic improved his serve but still is able to lose his rythm and make DF.I think jo has to make extra pressure on him to disable the serbian serve and get some free points.
Oh la la,Im very exciting for tomorrow cause its been 25 years since a french man won a slam(ah yannick!)if jo managed to play at same high level as he did against nadal,he has real real shot in this finale.
Nothing to lose there,the pressure is on djokovic shoulders:devil:

Allez JO,do your best and :boxing:him We believe in you.

richie21
01-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Looking at the standard of tennis on display at the Australian Open, I would Richard is not too far from doing really well on tour. Please Richie21, you have to give some credit to Gasquet. He is not that bad. He might end up winning the French Open for all I know.

LOL!
That's by far the grand slam he has the less chances to win for many reasons!
The guy has already all the troubles in the world to beat the spanish baseliners like Nadal,Robredo or Ferrer on hardcourt and you think he would beat them on clay?? come on....

juvvi
01-26-2008, 01:08 PM
LOL!
That's by far the grand slam he has the less chances to win for many reasons!
The guy has already all the troubles in the world to beat the spanish baseliners like Nadal,Robredo or Ferrer on hardcourt and you think he would beat them on clay?? come on....

I think there is no certainty, only probability. Anyway as a French tennis fan, you must be very happy for Tsonga's run, aren't you?

Actually, I like almost all french tennis players too. Matheiu, Gasquet and Tsonga.

richie21
01-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I think there is no certainty, only probability. Anyway as a French tennis fan, you must be very happy for Tsonga's run, aren't you?

Actually, I like almost all french tennis players too. Matheiu, Gasquet and Tsonga.

Of course!:)
and i would be even happier if he won the AO tomorrow......it's been such a fucking long time since a french player has won a GS.:(
Oh and obviously it would take some pressure off Gasquet.

my0118
01-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Okay, as a huge fan of our little boy Gasquet, time to step it up like Tsonga.
Novak is still a prick with his entourage but he handled the situation better than Tsonga. Hope Tsonga made good experience there.

richie21
01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Okay, as a huge fan of our little boy Gasquet, time to step it up like Tsonga.
Novak is still a prick with his entourage but he handled the situation better than Tsonga. Hope Tsonga made good experience there.

Yeah.
Don't want to put too much pressure on him but now it's time to step up, Richard......my patience has some limits!:mad::mad:
I consider that at this stage of his career,if Richard doesn't AT LEAST win a Master Serie this year,it will be a very very disappointing year and a huge stop in his career.
I'm tired of him and Deblicker saying that in 2 years,he'll challenge for the GSs......he doesn't have time to lose and the others players won't wait him!:mad::mad:

Ffs,he is almost 22 and the best tournament he has won so far in his career is Lyon......that's absolutely ridiculous considering his talent and it shows that he has clearly not improved as much as he should have.
I didn't ask him to improve as quickly as a Nadal or a Djokovic but at least to improve a bit ....and the reality is that even if it's true to say that he has become a bit more consistent,his game has actually not improved a lot(and i'm being gentle to him there....) since MC 2005 and that's not normal!

I'm probably overreacting a little bit but now Richard,it's time to show if you are a champion or not.