The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Hiya V:hug:

Yeah it was difficult at first because you continually have to be like: The delegation of the Republic of Kazakhstan would like to know from the delagation of the People's Republic of China..... etc :o And everytime you were "recognized" by the chair you had to start your little speech/question with: Distinguished chair, honourable delagates. :o In the beginning that was so annoying but after a while it's quite fun. What you always see on tv, with the nametags and your country in front of you on a plackard, and you have to raise them when you want to ask a question or when you want to vote, we all did that as well:p You had to wear formal clothes and everything:lol: It really was fun.

I now yield the floor back to the delegation of the United Kingdom :p

reggie1
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM
You must have looked like you were in Davis Cup, I don't know why but it always tickles me how the players sit at a big table with placards like they are in the U.N or NATO :lol:

manuel84
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Ever heard of this story before?

A French boy spots a charming girl at a hotel.

He walks up to her. Then asks for a date.

"No."

Tries again.

"No."

And again.

"No."

She won't know who he is until she sees her mom watching a live telecast of a Wimbledon match pitting the persistent boy vs. Andy Roddick.

:rocker2: :rocker2:

reggie1
02-06-2009, 04:58 PM

"No."

Tries again.

"No."

And again.

"No."

She won't know who he is until she sees her mom watching a live telecast of a Wimbledon match pitting the persistent boy vs. Andy Roddick.

Is this made up or actually true Manuel? I'm assuming it was an English girl, so no Danielle, this can't be you this time! :D
Actually it was me this time but you know, I don't like to gossip!

~*BGT*~
02-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Hey Danielle, are you going to watch the big game tonight? Celtics:banana: versus Lakers:ras:...it's on:armed:

Didn't see this post. :awww: But yes, I watched the game. Sasha had a clutch 3 late in the 4th and Odom's 2 FT with 7 seconds left won us the game. :banana: On the Laker's website, there was a video of Sasha stretching. :p It was really nice to watch. :p

Brownie
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Didn't see this post. :awww: But yes, I watched the game. Sasha had a clutch 3 late in the 4th and Odom's 2 FT with 7 seconds left won us the game. :banana: On the Laker's website, there was a video of Sasha stretching. :p It was really nice to watch. :p

Gaaaaaaah, it was so painful:sobbing::( I seriously thought Allen got fouled on that last shot:p

~*BGT*~
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I watched him play at a challenger close to where I live, and he's a real hot head:lol: He was angry about everything, smashed about 3 rackets:p

Yep, that's what it was:) Its called MUN (Model United Nations) and you had to write clauses and ammendments and debate about them. Was loads of fun. You also had to use the official parlementary language and stuff:lol:

Oh, we had that at my school. I wasn't involved since you had to be in Hi-Y or Tri-Hi-Y to go.

Gaaaaaaah, it was so painful:sobbing::( I seriously thought Allen got fouled on that last shot:p

I thought Pau had done it but the slo mo showed no one touched him. :p

Brownie
02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I thought Pau had done it but the slo mo showed no one touched him. :p
Well, :ras: to the Lakers anyway
;)

What is Hi-Y/Hi-Tri-Y??

~*BGT*~
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, :ras: to the Lakers anyway
;)

What is Hi-Y/Hi-Tri-Y??

Hi-Y is a club just for boys and Tri-Hi-Y was just for girls. I actually have no clue what they did, but I'm guessing it's for fellowship. :lol: They were mainly for the popular kids anyway. :p And they were the ones who did MUN.

Cloudygirl
02-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi guys thanks for being so welcoming.

Cin
02-07-2009, 09:41 AM

"No."

Tries again.

"No."

And again.

"No."

we know about Richard and his romantic stuffs. but is this true?

gasguet#1
02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
We are so lucky the Aust Open finished last weekend:topic:

Today was the hottest day since they have kept weather temps in Victoria, today got to around 46.4 degrees today where I live:eek:

Just Imagine if the open was still in Melbourne & what the on court temp would of got too

Bushfires are running riot in Victoria:help:, reports that many houses have being lost to the fires, at last reports at least 30 homes that they can confirm, they are expecting this to jump as in a lot of area's the could only fire bomb the areas...... In the outer suburbs of Melbourne today the highest it reached was 47.9 around 3pm, Have heard that a person has perished in the fires, Fire authorities have said today was worse then the Ash Wednesday Fires in Feb 1983 where 47 people died, a change has hit Melb but is going to make things so much harder trying to get the fires under control with the strong winds

rina
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
oh man i know what you mean, i live in melbourne and i was sitting outside for the majority of the late afternoon waiting for the cool change - if this is the effect global warming has in summer ...i wonder what it would be like in winter :confused:

manuel84
02-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Is this made up or actually true Manuel? I'm assuming it was an English girl, so no Danielle, this can't be you this time! :D
Actually it was me this time but you know, I don't like to gossip!

Picked it up from the Peter Bodo site. An odd piece of info like that tends to get stuck in my head.:drive: Maybe it was you if your mom is called Beth or something.:p

gasguet#1
02-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Just heard that they now have confirmed 14 people have perished in the fires, They can't get fire crews into a lot of areas at this stage & are expecting the number to rise to 40's

So smokey outside here today, & in the bad areas the winds are whipping up severe firefronts 20km wide!

Not a hint of wind or cool change where I live yet!

tennis lover
02-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Just heard that they now have confirmed 14 people have perished in the fires, They can't get fire crews into a lot of areas at this stage & are expecting the number to rise to 40's

So smokey outside here today, & in the bad areas the winds are whipping up severe firefronts 20km wide!

Not a hint of wind or cool change where I live yet!
that sounds awful. :eek: I hope all the australian people here are safely away from the fires. :hug:

Davodus
02-07-2009, 03:23 PM
those fires look reeeeeally bad from what ive seen on tv
reeeeally bad
not good at all :sad: :o

Tess Gray
02-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi-Y is a club just for boys and Tri-Hi-Y was just for girls. I actually have no clue what they did, but I'm guessing it's for fellowship. :lol: They were mainly for the popular kids anyway. :p And they were the ones who did MUN.
I ain't that popular and participated :awww:

We are so lucky the Aust Open finished last weekend:topic:
There is no offtopic in chatthread :p

Today was the hottest day since they have kept weather temps in Victoria, today got to around 46.4 degrees today where I live:eek:

Just Imagine if the open was still in Melbourne & what the on court temp would of got too

It was on our news as well for the last couple of days :sad: Sounds horrible... I wonder what they'd have done if the Open was during those fires? Was a slam ever cancelled?

Cloudygirl
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I hope my friend is ok. Her town is affected by this.

*MJP*
02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Update on the bushfires in Aus if anyone is interested. Two massive fires near Whittlesea have merged and formed a super fire which is out of control burning across 100,000 hectres already apparently. Deathtoll has risen to 25, they expect to find many more ppl tho. Not good at all:sad: 11 fires still burning across the state. In Queensland there are flash floods and heavy downpours - we cant win!

Schu
02-08-2009, 02:13 AM
So sorry to hear about the fires. Hope all the Aussies here are safe. Sounds like the "fire season" in the U.S. in parts of California when it is REALLY dry and strong winds spread the fire over huge tracks of land.

rina
02-08-2009, 02:15 AM
melbournes weather is so fucked up. Yesterday we lost 25 people due to bushfires because of extreame heat ... NOW its raining and im cold, and it isnt even raining where the bushfires are! They should just tank all the flood water from queensland and send it over to melbourne for use we really need it.

gasguet#1
02-08-2009, 03:41 AM
Living in the northern part of Victoria, I wish we get the change that people around Melb get, Still so so hot here, not a breath of fresh air in sight, Power keeps going off all the time, it's almost 35 here at the moment

Spoke to a family friend this morning who's father was fighting fires in the King Lake, She told me that the number of people who perished will sky rocket as they are not releasing much infomation at this stage, only on what the authorities can confirm, Her father told her that they found many burnt out cars & till they can have a decent look we wont know the exact extend of how many people have lost lives in the fires, So many areas they still can't get into & they know the fires wiped out so many homes in these areas

rina
02-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Living in the northern part of Victoria, I wish we get the change that people around Melb get, Still so so hot here, not a breath of fresh air in sight, Power keeps going off all the time, it's almost 35 here at the moment

Spoke to a family friend this morning who's father was fighting fires in the King Lake, She told me that the number of people who perished will sky rocket as they are not releasing much infomation at this stage, only on what the authorities can confirm, Her father told her that they found many burnt out cars & till they can have a decent look we wont know the exact extend of how many people have lost lives in the fires, So many areas they still can't get into & they know the fires wiped out so many homes in these areas

they had a special edition of the news just now and my brother said that 50 have been confirmed dead :sad:

*Martolina*
02-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Hello to all guys! How're you? I had a fever and I had to study so much in these days :sad:..I hope that next week I'll get better ;)..much kiss for you!! ..naturally "com'on Richie!!" :worship: :devil:

reggie1
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi Martolina, Hi everyone,
OMG these fires! So sad, I was listening to a report on the radio and there was an elderly lady on there saying how her whole home had been destroyed and she just had time to grab one thing and she managed to get her treasured photo album. I know at least she was safe but to lose your whole home and all of the things that you have collected and loved over the years is just so sad. :sad: To just be left with the clothes you are standing up in and a photo album, I cannot even begin to imagine. I always think with the you Aussies though, you have a real sense of community (maybe I watch too much neighbours) but there were neighbours saying that the old lady coulds stay with them for as long as she needed so people pulling together is at least one good thing to come out of such terrible events.

Tess Gray
02-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I can't even imagine leaving your home behind, knowing that you're leaving your whole life behind :sad:

Brownie
02-08-2009, 06:18 PM
I saw pictures of the fires, and it looks absolutely terrible:sad: I hope you are all able to stay safe:hug:

*Martolina*
02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
it's terrible :sad:

Tess Gray
02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Guys quick question...

How will Kazakhstan’s economy, presumably, look like after the crisis?

I doubt wether this is a good scentence... If it's not, how could I rephrase it?

~*BGT*~
02-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I think that is fine. :)

tennis lover
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Tess, I personally would say either "how will it look..." or "what will it look like...", "how will it look like..." seems a bit strange to me. :)

Cloudygirl
02-08-2009, 11:58 PM
Guys quick question...

How will Kazakhstan’s economy, presumably, look like after the crisis?

I doubt wether this is a good scentence... If it's not, how could I rephrase it?

I personally would say "What will Kazakhstan's economy look like after the crisis?"

Tess Gray
02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks everyone :wavey:

Davodus
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
hii everyone
i finally finished with crutches for my calf muscle injury today :)
now i just have to go to physio 3 times a week for 3 more months :o
but at least no more stupid annoying crutches :lol:

Tess Gray
02-09-2009, 04:14 PM
3 times a week?! :eek: :ras: That sucks. A friend of mine broke her back while karting and she has to go to the physio 2 times a day :help:

Are you still in a lot of pain?

reggie1
02-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh poor Dav :hug: You must have had quite a serious injury. Evening all. :wavey:

Brownie
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like you are off the crutches sooner than you had 1st expected:) Bummer that you have to go to PT so often though:p

Eeek, Tess, your friend broke her back?:sad:

Hi V:wavey:

reggie1
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi Lauren, can you provide your usual spoon feeding service to me tomorrow with livestreams and times Richie is likely to be on please? I don't know what I'd do without you.:o I was saying to somebody else the other day how much you help me.:lol: And Tess of course :angel:

Brownie
02-09-2009, 10:37 PM
:lol: Of course!

I would guess he'd be on about 20:30 your time (21:30 local time). I really hope there is livestream on the Rotterdam site (http://www.abnamrowtt.nl/cctv/) for his match, but I believe they only had it for the 1st evening match tonight:shrug:

Davodus
02-10-2009, 04:13 AM
3 times a week?! :eek: :ras: That sucks. A friend of mine broke her back while karting and she has to go to the physio 2 times a day :help:

Are you still in a lot of pain?

not much pain now, just this weird weak feeling like my leg is made of rubber

Oh poor Dav :hug: You must have had quite a serious injury. Evening all. :wavey:

thanks vicky
its not too bad, i'm pretty tough :cool:

Sounds like you are off the crutches sooner than you had 1st expected:) Bummer that you have to go to PT so often though:p

Eeek, Tess, your friend broke her back?:sad:

Hi V:wavey:

much earlier! i had the surgery they said was an option rather than the no walking on it for months
and its worked out better minus the ugly scar

Venle
02-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Dav :hug:

Afternoon everyone :wavey:

School takes all my time :o

~*BGT*~
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I was just saved a lot of time. I had an English paper due today and a calculus and French exam tomorrow :o But my English prof canceled class today so we turn the paper in on Thursday. :woohoo:

Davodus
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
ahaha winner
i love when that happens! but my professors never cancel class, they come in all the time :o

Tess Gray
02-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Lucky lucky you:p So what exactly is a paper? Is it an essay?

Eeek, Tess, your friend broke her back?
Yeah it was quite a freak accident. She was go karting (I think that's the english word right?) and she didn't see the bend (used google translator here :p) so she hit a brick wall at full speed. Well there were tires infront of the wall, but still with a lot of speed :sad: She brokje her back and has to wear a brace for the next 6 months...:awww:

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Tessa, I'm so sorry that you missed out on seeing Richie. You were so close too. :awww: I'll tell you though, there is nothing like seeing him in person -- gives you a totally new perspective on his power. But you can always meet me at Wimbledon this summer. :p

BTW, Korolev will be last on the side court so you had BETTER take some pictures of him and don't show up until you do. :armed: :p Oh yeah, gratuitous shirt changes are a plus... actually, a MUST! :hearts:

reggie1
02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Oh Tess, I thought of you last night as I went to bed, thinking you won't get to see him :hug::smooch: It's such a shame.
I'm going to go to Wimbly too Danielle, I've pt in for the ballot but if I don't get anything I'm just going to turn up and hope for the best, I'd be happy with getting to see anything.

Venle
02-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Tess :hug:

I was just saved a lot of time. I had an English paper due today and a calculus and French exam tomorrow :o But my English prof canceled class today so we turn the paper in on Thursday. :woohoo:
:woohoo:

Danielle, you study French too? :wavey:
C'est difficile :o

After reading your latest post, now I'm ever more looking forward to the day when I'd see Richie in person :lol:

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Lucky lucky you:p So what exactly is a paper? Is it an essay?

It's a rhetorical analysis essay. Rhetoric is based on 3 appeals designed by Aristotle: Pathos (appealing to your emotions), ethos (appealing to your ethics) and logos (appealing to your logic). We basically have to analyze an article to see if it is successful in the rhetoric appeals. :yawn:

I'm going to go to Wimbly too Danielle, I've pt in for the ballot but if I don't get anything I'm just going to turn up and hope for the best, I'd be happy with getting to see anything.

When are you planning on going? I'm hoping to go for quallies weekend, middle weekend, and finals weekend.

Danielle, you study French too? :wavey:
C'est difficile :o

After reading your latest post, now I'm ever more looking forward to the day when I'd see Richie in person :lol:

J'etudie francais depuis j'ai 9 ans. Je vais etudier pour septs semaine cet ete en Paris. :D And yes, I'll be there for RG, Queen's, and Wimby!!! :woohoo:

And yes, there is NOTHING like seeing him in person. The backhand is so much more beautiful, the volleys are so much more crisp, and the looks are so much better. :inlove:

Brownie
02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Tess :hug::hug: I'm so sad you can't see Richie! You must be at the tourney right now...I hope you had fun today:)

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, she better be watching my Evgeny :armed:

reggie1
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
We are going to try Wimbly the first week as there will be plenty of matches on, not sure what day yet. I'd love to see Richard and the other Frenchies. Danielle, have you ever seen Jesse Guta Hulang? he is on livestream at mo against Tsongs. I think you will like him.

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 02:55 PM
I think I have seen him but the only thing I know about him is that he's Dutch and that Evgeny beat him in the semis of a challenger last year. :lol:

Have you seen Johnathan Essyeric and Jeremy Chardy? :hearts:

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
OMG! I am SO MAD!!!!!!! Evgeny had 0-40 on Gicquel's last two service games and didn't break. Well guess what? Gicquel broke on his first BP. :fiery:

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Now he's down a double break. :o

reggie1
02-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I have, they are really good looking. Danielle, you really do follow headcase players don't you? I still can't believe Richie lost!

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I have, they are really good looking. Danielle, you really do follow headcase players don't you? I still can't believe Richie lost!

I was just thinking that. All of my top 3 tennis loves have major issues: one lacks talent (Andy); one lacks heart (Richard); and another lacks a brain (Evgeny) :o

RFK
02-11-2009, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone!:wavey:
Sad about Richie's loss. I hope he'll pick himself back up again in time for Marseille.
Shame Tess won't get to see him though. I booked tickets for Nottingham last year in the hopes that he might go - he didn't and I didn't even get to see any tennis anyway because of the rain!! I am now hoping to go to Wimbledon this year too, knowing my luck it'll be a day when Richard is not playing!

reggie1
02-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi katie,
I keep thinking that about when I go or it will be peeing down with rain all day! I think I would cry.
Oh Danielle, he lost! That's two of them now.

Cloudygirl
02-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I was just thinking that. All of my top 3 tennis loves have major issues: one lacks talent (Andy); one lacks heart (Richard); and another lacks a brain (Evgeny) :o

if I had a sig I would have that as my quote thats hilarious.

Mine lack heart Richard and any kind of commmittment Nalbandian.

I'm planning on going to wimby too. I'm thinking of doing the camping queuing thing first 3 days if i can get the time off work. I figure I have to see Richard practice at least then. I've seen most of the Frenchies before at Bercy but obviously missed Richard he is elusive.

I'm also kind of hoping that my new job will have a late start date as I would like to go to Rome think I have no chance though.

rina
02-11-2009, 11:06 PM

i seem to support players with major issues too. I think richard lacks belief and heart theres no other way he can start off so well and then watch everything go to shit in the end :o
oh well, always next match :p

Schu
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM

Mine two favs also. Then add Baggy who lacks I don't know what but he lacks, and then Verdasco who up until a few months ago lacked a brain and heart.

And my last real fav, Benneteau just beat Davedenko (know i spelled that wrong but too lazy to think) YEAH!!!! I have no idea why I like Benny but I really do. Actually I like ALMOST all the French guys (a few I could without). So RIchie is the ONLY frenchmen out of the thousands who played Rotterdam to loose 1st round :sad:

~*BGT*~
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
if I had a sig I would have that as my quote thats hilarious.

I'm planning on going to wimby too. I'm thinking of doing the camping queuing thing first 3 days if i can get the time off work. I figure I have to see Richard practice at least then. I've seen most of the Frenchies before at Bercy but obviously missed Richard he is elusive.

I'm also kind of hoping that my new job will have a late start date as I would like to go to Rome think I have no chance though.

I'm hoping to go for quallies weekend, middle weekend and/or finals weekend. :)

Hi katie,
I keep thinking that about when I go or it will be peeing down with rain all day! I think I would cry.
Oh Danielle, he lost! That's two of them now.

He had 0-40 in two consecutive service games in the 3rd set. And then Gicquel broke on his first BP. :sobbing"

Mine two favs also. Then add Baggy who lacks I don't know what but he lacks, and then Verdasco who up until a few months ago lacked a brain and heart.

And my last real fav, Benneteau just beat Davedenko (know i spelled that wrong but too lazy to think) YEAH!!!! I have no idea why I like Benny but I really do. Actually I like ALMOST all the French guys (a few I could without). So RIchie is the ONLY frenchmen out of the thousands who played Rotterdam to loose 1st round :sad:

I like sexy Julien too. :lick: He's actually the ONLY player EVER who I liked after he beat Andy. Usually, they instantly go on my bad list (Ljubicic, Federer, Murray). Julien beat him in Memphis 2006. :)

tennis lover
02-12-2009, 12:18 AM
When are you planning on going? I'm hoping to go for quallies weekend, middle weekend, and finals weekend.
you do realise you won't be able to get tickets for finals weekend right? (unless you're planning on camping :p ) and the middle weekend is just Saturday. you'd be better off going during the first week in my opinion, it's so much fun getting a ground pass and just wandering around and seeing loads of different people. :)
one lacks talent (Andy);
:ras: does not. :(

~*BGT*~
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
you do realise you won't be able to get tickets for finals weekend right? (unless you're planning on camping :p ) and the middle weekend is just Saturday. you'd be better off going during the first week in my opinion, it's so much fun getting a ground pass and just wandering around and seeing loads of different people. :)

:ras: does not. :(

I'll be in Richard's player's box for the final. :p And I couldn't think of anything to say about Andy. How about limited game? :p

Venle
02-12-2009, 12:31 PM
It's snowing :hearts:

All of my top 3 tennis loves have major issues: one lacks talent (Andy); one lacks heart (Richard); and another lacks a brain (Evgeny) :o
:hug:
Andy doesn't lack talent!

To be said, my favs seem to be.. well.
Baggy was leading 4-0 in the third against Querrey and blew it :o

Roger has a Rafa complex (and a Murray complex :rolleyes:)

And.. we all know Richie :awww:

Never mind, I like cheering for players with issues.

J'etudie francais depuis j'ai 9 ans. Je vais etudier pour septs semaine cet ete en Paris. :D And yes, I'll be there for RG, Queen's, and Wimby!!! :woohoo:

Oh là là là là! :hearts: Tu es si heureuse :D

Moi, j'ai étudié francais pour 1,5 ans. Je l'aime bien que c'est difficile.

Tu vas aller à la Tour Eiffel? ;)

Remember to have soo much fun!! :hug:

And yes, there is NOTHING like seeing him in person. The backhand is so much more beautiful, the volleys are so much more crisp, and the looks are so much better. :inlove:
Ooh wow, I totally believe you :inlove:

The backhand is a killer.

How is everyone today? :wavey:

reggie1
02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, we should set up a thread for players a la tissues and issues!

tennis lover
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
I'll be in Richard's player's box for the final. :p And I couldn't think of anything to say about Andy. How about limited game? :p
:lol: ok, fair enough! ;) don't worry, it made me laugh to be honest but I always feel like I have to stick up for him. :p

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Tessa, I'm so sorry that you missed out on seeing Richie.
Oh Tess, I thought of you last night as I went to bed, thinking you won't get to see him :hug::smooch: It's such a shame.
Tess :hug:
Tess :hug::hug: I'm so sad you can't see Richie! You must be at the tourney right now...I hope you had fun today:)
Shame Tess won't get to see him though

Thanks guys :hug: But Richard wasn't the only reason I went to Rotterdam :p There are plenty more favs that I like in Rdam this year (:bigclap:) And besides, I wasn't really counting on him to play either wednesday or friday night.

We are going to try Wimbly the first week as there will be plenty of matches on, not sure what day yet. I'd love to see Richard and the other Frenchies. Danielle, have you ever seen Jesse Guta Hulang? he is on livestream at mo against Tsongs. I think you will like him.
:haha: Nice try sweetie :p It's Jesse Huta Galung :lol:

Yeah, she better be watching my Evgeny :armed:
:awww: Sorry! I thought I was going to the day session, but then the girl I was going with (she got tickets through her job) said she got nightsession tickets! Which was obviously so much cooler since I got to see Rafa :D:D

Brownie
02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Which was obviously so much cooler since I got to see Rafa :D:D

Nice! Rafa versus Simone...were you :drool: the whole time?:lol:

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Obviously :o I felt like a very lucky girl :p

Brownie
02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Look what I just came across...so CUTE!:awww:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6aB2V4eG20

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I was just watching that one yesterday :p What a coincidence.
It's the cutest thing isn't it! You recognize the teeth :p
I think she has a great channel... Too bad her other one got deleted:( But I think she already posted all of those vids on this one.

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Vicky you watching Murray atm? :)

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Yup, what a coincidence;) I forgot Murray was playing...thanks for the reminder

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:11 PM
http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=8996202

This is a good livestream ;)

Are you also watching Jankovic - Li?

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:19 PM
"Access Denied" :lol:

I can watch on http://www.tennistv.com/:)

I actually haven't watched any women's tennis this week. How's that match going?

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Oh really? Maybe just for the dutchies:p

It just finished. JJ won 6-0 1-6 6-2. She is a WC :lol: She initially didnt enter for this tourny. Next up is Serena vs Karoline Prem.

TB now :) I'm surprised at how much Andy is using the slice.

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow, what a silly scoreline:p

Is he using the slice a lot? I'm doing about a million things at once and not focusing so well on the match:silly: That last shot was nice!

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:32 PM
:lol: I got nothing better to do so I'm really watching it:p

Are you at home or at work?

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
OMG :rolls: That was so funny when the umpire tried to speak dutch:lol: very nice of him to do though... :lol:

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
At "work"...aka doing homework in my office:p

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I was sad when I found out they weren't saying the score in Dutch this week:sad: I had fun learning some Croatian last week! I definitely know 1-10, 15, 30, 40, game, thanks. The number system doesn't seem too hard, I think I can figure out most of the other numbers to 100. I know, I'm a dork:p

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:45 PM
tsk tsk Lauren :o

:lol: sorry to disappoint you. Scores are never called in Dutch, only at the Dutch Championships. I don't think I have ever heard Croatian before. So when we go to Croatia, you're the one to turn to ;)

Brownie
02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
No, I'm suppose to do homework at work. Don't worry:lol:

I like Croatian. Or maybe I just like listening to Mario talk:angel: Haha, only if we come across a counting competition.......it should probably be against a non-Croat;)

I see Murray got broken...oops! And I have to head across campus. Have a nice evening Tess:)

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 03:52 PM
;) You too!

Davodus
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
i have to be awake in 5 hours :o
but of course i am not asleep :lol:
how is everyone

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
:lol: You're a real diehard:p I'm okay. I actually had a migraine this morning, so I didn't go to school. It hurts like hell, but after almost exactly 4 hours it always disappears and now I'm feeling as good as ever. Nothing like some tennis to cure a migraine:p

How're you?

Davodus
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
ohh they must suck! my sister gets them and hides in her room and makes it all dark when she does
painful things

im alright, im not tired and its 2am
and im getting up just before 7am :o so im going to be tired later on!

i actually tried playing tennis today on my bad leg, and then got in big trouble from my physio when he noticed extra bruising and swelling :angel:
oops

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I see I've got some company watching the Murray match Tess? Its not the best match I've ever seen in my life I have to admit. Murray needs to get his act together! Lauren the only Croatian word I know is 'ajmo' which means 'come on' and I know that from going onto the Mario forums in my early days as a tennis fan and all I could see was 'ajmo Mario' Today was the first day I heard Mario talk in English. I hadn't realised how good he was. And, to keep it on topic, I'm impressed with Richard's English. I saw a video of an interview with him talking in English. He's nervous speaking it but he's quite good

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
Yeah me too:lol: Cant stand any sound or light or touch. Oh well, with me it only lasts 4 hour:o Exactly 4 hours... every time. It's pretty fascinating.

So why are you still up?

Wow :eek: were you so desperate to play tennis?! Bet the physio wasnt very happy with you:p

Davodus
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
im still up because i am stupid :lol:

i wasnt that desperate, but i had just got new racquets before my injury, and i really wanted to play with them! i kept the cast thing on and just stood there, but it still hurt :lol:
oh well
i better sleep now! bye bye :wavey:

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Eimear! Yeah I'm watching as well... Serving for the match now:)!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Come on Andy you can do it!!!

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Night! :wavey:

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
So he won ;)! It was a nice match to watch. Two good forehands.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
It wasn't the best match I've ever watched but it wasn't the worst and he came through it which is the main thing. I'll still have some interest left in the tournament :)

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Yep... Curious to see what Rafa & Jo will be doing tonight. Hope they'll both make it to the QF!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll miss most of Rafa's match but I hope to catch Jo's match. Let's hope they both win :)

~*BGT*~
02-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Baggy was leading 4-0 in the third against Querrey and blew it :o

He was leading 4-0? :eek: All I saw was the TB.

Oh là là là là! :hearts: Tu es si heureuse :D

Moi, j'ai étudié francais pour 1,5 ans. Je l'aime bien que c'est difficile.

Tu vas aller à la Tour Eiffel? ;)

Remember to have soo much fun!! :hug:

Ooh wow, I totally believe you :inlove:

The backhand is a killer.

I really can't wait! :D My dad was talking to me yesterday about it and he said he might have changed his mind. :o He was telling me a story about two young women who went to Paris and was kidnapped and sold into prostitution. The girls were approached at the airport and asked where they were staying and if they wanted to share a taxi. Of course, they said yes and the man knew where they lived. One of the girls was at the hotel alone and heard someone come in. So she hid under her bed and called her dad. Her dad said that the men were going to take her but that he would come and save her. I then said, "Wait... isn't that the new movie Taken?" He said, "Yeah, but it can still happen to you." He let this movie warp his reality. :rolls:

:lol: ok, fair enough! ;) don't worry, it made me laugh to be honest but I always feel like I have to stick up for him. :p

I do the same thing. :p

:awww: Sorry! I thought I was going to the day session, but then the girl I was going with (she got tickets through her job) said she got nightsession tickets! Which was obviously so much cooler since I got to see Rafa :D:D

Evgeny. He had 0-40 TWICE in the 3rd set and then got broken on the first opportunity. :o

*Martolina*
02-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Hello world! how're you?! I'm good..
..today I went with my father to see the half-year reports, I saw that I'm going well in all subjects (votes: 7s and 8s) but in mathematics I have 4 :sad:..I hope to do better by now from june. The mathematics for me have always been a problem :confused:!!

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Join the club Marta :sad: I studied soooo hard for this test and I got a 4.9:( My average is now a 5.6 :unsure: Oh well:o can't have it all...

@ Danielle: what a waste!! :( Really too bad..

reggie1
02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Evening girls, evening Dav,
No, I'm not watching Murray. When my kids are at home I've got no chance. Rotterdam is on later tonight though on Sky so I will watch then when they are in bed.
So Tess, you got to see Rafa? Was he impressive in person? And as for Jesse, I will never get his name right,:lol: such a handsome boy though. :cool: I think he gets my vote as best looking guy on the tour. He put up a good fight against Jo.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Vicky I am shocked ... surely Gillesex is the best looking player on tour ... actually I probably shouldn't say that in a Gasquet forum! :lol: Just kidding guys. My sarcastic sense of humour can take a bit of getting used to as Vicky will agree! I'm looking forward to Jo's match later. Going mad I'll miss Rafa's match but nothing I can do about that unfortunately

reggie1
02-12-2009, 06:14 PM
You and me both Kiddo! :devil::lol: Sarcastic, us?????? :angel:
Eimear take a look at him, he is so handsome.

*Martolina*
02-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Join the club Marta :sad: I studied soooo hard for this test and I got a 4.9:( My average is now a 5.6 :unsure: Oh well:o can't have it all...

@ Danielle: what a waste!! :( Really too bad..
I have 4 for the written tasks and 6 for the conversation..4=written and 6=oral hence the average is 5..:confused:

Italian 6(written) - 6(oral)
Latin 5 (written) - 7 (oral)
History 8
English 7 (written) - 7 (oral)
Art History 6
Pedagogy 8
Philosophy 8
Psychology 8
Sociology 8
Mathematics 4 (written) - 6 (oral)
Physical 5 (written) - 7 (oral)
Science mobility 7

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Sucks Marta :hug: :sad:

So... RAFA-time :banana: But oh my gosh, I'm drooling over Dimitrov :drool: He is cute. And my age :angel: Anyone watching with me or is it just me? :)

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Wow, 5-4 for Dimitrov. Could be an exciting match!:) He's playing very well, very nice backhand.

reggie1
02-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Sucks Marta :hug: :sad:

So... RAFA-time :banana: But oh my gosh, I'm drooling over Dimitrov :drool: He is cute. And my age :angel: Anyone watching with me or is it just me? :)
I'm watching and yes, he looks like a very nice boy Tess. Would your Mum approve? he has the nice clean cut look which most of us mums approve of ;)

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 08:29 PM
OMG :eek: one set all now ... This dude is very good!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:29 PM
Just tuned into the Rafa match ... yes this Dimitrov is quite cute actually! I feel like such a cradle snatcher for saying that!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:30 PM
No way??? He took the 2nd??? Looks like I got home just in time!!!

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
oh Hi V! :wavey: Would my mum approve? Hmm... he's bulgarian so I don't know if she'd be too pleased with that :p But honestly, I don't think she'd really care with who I come home with :p Unless he is like jobless, ambitionless and incredibly dumb :o But that won't happen any time soon...

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
and Hi Eimear! :lol: What's a cradle snatcher:scratch:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:32 PM
I had a Bulgarian boyfriend while I was living in France ... memories :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Basically a cradle snatcher is someone who's interested in someone who's a bit younger than they are ... I'm 25 and Dimitrov is only 19 so he's younger than me ... hope that explained it. I can be crap at explaining sometimes!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Who should I take a look at Vicky? Jesse? Who is he? That part of your post had me confused. And no we'd never be sarcastic :)

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 08:36 PM
He's 17 actually :p So he's even younger than you thought he was :p

I was thinking... isn't Viktor Krumm from Harry Potter also Bulgarian?:lol: Well never mind:p

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah he is actually :lol: He's 17??? Oh God I'm definitely a cradle snatcher then!

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 08:50 PM
Well so is almost everyone here who's drooling over Richie:p Not me ofcourse :angel: since I'm the baby of the group :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Stupid question I know but how old is Richard anyway? I think I'm one of the babies too then? :lol:

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 09:00 PM
He's 22 ;)

No there are quite a few here who are around 19-20... though I have to be honest, I don't exactly know how old everyone is:p

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I would have said he was older actually. He seems to have been on the tour for years! He was young enough starting out though if I remember rightly

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah he was like 17 when he turned pro, not sure... But they all start very young dont they.

That was a great match :yeah: I did expect Rafa to win that final set, too much experience imo:)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Yeah I mean that would be 5 years but it seems a lot longer!!! I seem to be hearing about Richard for years and watched a couple of his matches. Yeah I was impressed with Dimitrov though ... he's one for the future I reckon!!! Anyhow going to go and watch the Jo match now so I'll sign off... It was nice meeting and chatting with you Tess

Tess Gray
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
:wavey: Ciaoo!

reggie1
02-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I remember the first time I ever even saw Richard was at Wimbly last year and I thought he was about 27/28 and when they put his age up as 21 I was really surprised. I think he looks older. But dresses like a teenager.

~*BGT*~
02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Well so is almost everyone here who's drooling over Richie:p Not me ofcourse :angel: since I'm the baby of the group :sad:

Isn't Venla 14 or 15?

He's 22 ;)

No there are quite a few here who are around 19-20... though I have to be honest, I don't exactly know how old everyone is:p

I'm 19... and a half. :p Richard is exactly 2 years, 11 months, and 50 weeks older than me. :lol:

Schu
02-12-2009, 10:29 PM
I remember the first time I ever even saw Richard was at Wimbly last year and I thought he was about 27/28 and when they put his age up as 21 I was really surprised. I think he looks older. But dresses like a teenager.

Might be his HAIR :D (O.K. I'm REALLY going to stop with that hair police now).

The first time I saw Richie play was at WImbledon, 2006 or 2005 when he was playing another fav of mine, Nalbandian, and I thought, Humm NICE! Then when I saw him play against Hewitt at US OPen in '06 I was hooked.

Cloudygirl
02-12-2009, 10:42 PM

I think he looks older than me actually. Men should moisturise more

~*BGT*~
02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
I can't remember the first time I saw him or heard of them. Maybe the first time I heard of him was the 2005 USO. I had always liked him but what made me really love him was the 2006 Toronto match and then the Hewitt match at the USO. :D

Masha91
02-12-2009, 11:42 PM
I've followed him for a while now but I only just saw him play at the Brisbane International last January, but I was in Row BB so they were really good seats! :D

rina
02-13-2009, 01:12 AM
i havent seen him play yet, was meant to at the AO checked the draw and bought tickets and everything, was going on the first day but i hadnt realised that they switched the top and bottom halves of the draw so he was playing on the second day :o
...now i'm going to have to wait until next year

Masha91
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Oh, that must have been frustrating. Did you get to see any of your other favourites?

rina
02-13-2009, 09:18 AM
i managed to see fish, moya and tomic and wanted to see baghdatis but my mate wasnt a fan and it was too hot to drag her there with me so we watched the ferrer 5 setter in the first round. got sunburnt after sitting in show court 8 for about 4 1/2 hours, which now have turned into funny tan line souvenirs too ...

should have bought a program or something :lol:

Puschkin
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
I am bored. :o

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
me too :o
and extremely tired since i went to bed at 3am and woke up at 7am :o

Puschkin
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
me too :o
and extremely tired since i went to bed at 3am and woke up at 7am :o
Marseille draw will be out tomorrow! And nobody I like is left in Rotterdam, maybe Gael!

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Marseille draw will be out tomorrow! And nobody I like is left in Rotterdam, maybe Gael!

oh really?
i hope richard gets a good draw :)
ive still got mario in rotterdam :D
so long as he wins today :o

Brownie
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
ive still got mario in rotterdam :D
:yeah:

You watching right now? He's taking forever to serve out this game:o

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
i know! he took forever, but at least he finally did and saved all those BP's

Puschkin
02-13-2009, 01:35 PM
:o I forgot him, he is also on the positive side on my players list.

Brownie
02-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Looks like Youzhny is breaking down...Mario got another break!

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:37 PM
:o I forgot him, he is also on the positive side on my players list.
good choice :yeah:
Looks like Youzhny is breaking down...Mario got another break!

hopefully mario finishes this quickly so i can catch up on sleep :yeah:

Brownie
02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
hopefully mario finishes this quickly so i can catch up on sleep :yeah:

Sounds like you need it! How's physio going?

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Sounds like you need it! How's physio going?

i hate it :o im studying to do it, and i hate going to it :lol:
mainly because it really hurts, and i have to do embarrassing squat things in front of 3 physios :o
but its all good in the long run...i will continue to secretly play tennis without moving though :lol:

Puschkin
02-13-2009, 01:44 PM
i will continue to secretly play tennis without moving though :lol:
How do you do that? :eek:

Brownie
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I bet it hurts! A ripped muscle does not sound pleasant! Just think of it as a good learning experience for your studies;) tsk tsk, secretly playing tennis:lol: I cannot wait for all the snow to melt here so I can play again. I'm getting antsy:silly:

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
How do you do that? :eek:

well its quite simple :lol:
i put my leg cast on, limp onto the court, stand on the baseline and my parents just feed shots straight to me :lol:
it still hurts, but i really wanna play :devil:

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:49 PM
I bet it hurts! A ripped muscle does not sound pleasant! Just think of it as a good learning experience for your studies;) tsk tsk, secretly playing tennis:lol: I cannot wait for all the snow to melt here so I can play again. I'm getting antsy:silly:

well now i know what a ripped calf muscle looks like when it happens :lol:--your leg turns a horrible shade of blue/black/purple
we never have to worry about snow here...can play outdoors all year round..except maybe in the extreme heat :o

and mario just won :yeah:
thats good :D now he can win the title

Brownie
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Thinking about the ripped muscle just gives me the shivers. Yuck!
I suppose I'd rather deal with snow than the extreme heat you get:scratch:

Should be interesting to see how Mario does against Andy (or Gicquel) tomorrow. He's been pretty solid the last 2 weeks:yeah:

Davodus
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Thinking about the ripped muscle just gives me the shivers. Yuck!
I suppose I'd rather deal with snow than the extreme heat you get:scratch:

Should be interesting to see how Mario does against Andy (or Gicquel) tomorrow. He's been pretty solid the last 2 weeks:yeah:

don't worry, its not that bad, i didnt really feel any pain at first..it was kind of just numb :confused:

i really hope mario has a really good year, he has the potential to be regularly in the top 10 (although i would rather richard was there instead ;))

Brownie
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
I want all my favs to be in the top 10:angel: I really hope he can stay healthy. If he gets mono again I might just :sobbing:

reggie1
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Mario played really well, I still think he looks very gaunt in the face and dark around the eyes, he just never actually looks healthy anymore imo.

Davodus
02-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I want all my favs to be in the top 10:angel: I really hope he can stay healthy. If he gets mono again I might just :sobbing:

i had that once! it sucks!
if he gets it again i will rage :fiery:
it would be unfair!

Brownie
02-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I bet! I remember kids in high school would get it and couldn't play on sports teams for quite a while

How's it going today V?

Davodus
02-13-2009, 02:21 PM
I bet! I remember kids in high school would get it and couldn't play on sports teams for quite a while

How's it going today V?

yeah it'll do it

im still awake :o
i never go to bed when i should
its after midnight here

Brownie
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
You just need to turn off the computer;)

Davodus
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
well i cant now as ive decided to watch a dvd on it instead :lol:

Brownie
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
:lol:

Is Australia still on summer vacation from school?

Davodus
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
:lol:

Is Australia still on summer vacation from school?

well my sister is back for actual school
but im still on university holidays for another 2 weeks :lol:
and my holidays started at the start of november
so its been a while...i think my brain will explode when i go back

Brownie
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
I bet you've been rubbing that in;) Uggghh, I have to go do laundry:p Good luck getting some sleep:lol:

Davodus
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I bet you've been rubbing that in;) Uggghh, I have to go do laundry:p Good luck getting some sleep:lol:

surely have :P
have fun doing laundry :wavey:

Venle
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Everyone :hug:

You talk rapidly, I can't keep up :lol:

I saw yesterday's Acasuso - Schwank today. I'd like to watch Rotterdam but my channels don't broadcast it :mad:

Long clay court baseline rallies :hearts:

Brownie
02-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi Venla:wavey: Did you try a livestream for Rotterdam? http://www.atdhe.net/

Venle
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi Venla:wavey: Did you try a livestream for Rotterdam? http://www.atdhe.net/

Hi :wavey:

No, I haven't tried that yet. Thanks! :hug:

He was leading 4-0? :eek: All I saw was the TB.
Yeah, I read it from atpworld tour in the morning. Really made my day, didn't it? :lol:

I really can't wait! :D My dad was talking to me yesterday about it and he said he might have changed his mind. :o He was telling me a story about two young women who went to Paris and was kidnapped and sold into prostitution. The girls were approached at the airport and asked where they were staying and if they wanted to share a taxi. Of course, they said yes and the man knew where they lived. One of the girls was at the hotel alone and heard someone come in. So she hid under her bed and called her dad. Her dad said that the men were going to take her but that he would come and save her. I then said, "Wait... isn't that the new movie Taken?" He said, "Yeah, but it can still happen to you." He let this movie warp his reality. :rolls:

Yikes, I actually thought that happened IRL :scared:
Parents worry too much, they believe in movies too :p

You'll be just fine :hug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I have to agree with you Vicky Mario hasn't been looking well at all even though he's been playing well. I still can't forgive him for beating Gilles though so its going to be Murray all the way for me tomorrow I'm afraid (well it would have been anyway but at least I can pretend I have an excuse! :lol:)

Schu
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM

At the rate my favs are going I'll be lucky if they all finish in the TOP 50! My only hope left for Rotterdam is Benny - Allez Benny!!! and nobody left in the other tournaments. I like Nadal and Simon is growing on me but not my top favs yet so I'm usually sunk by QF of just about every tourney (or cheering for Rafa/Simon).

ANd more and more of the guys that are on my don't like list seem to be moving up the rankings. I think it's time I found some new favs... but I can't desert my cuties.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Allow me to tempt you into Simon mania Schu :lol: He's my favourite French player (with Gasquet a close second of course). I didn't use to like Rafael but he's growing on me now. I take it Benny is Benneteau yeah?

reggie1
02-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi everyone. :wavey:
I'm fine Lauren thankyou, cold though as we've had more snow!! Fed up now with it. My Ugg boots will have to be surgically removed from my feet at this rate.:(
Venla, parents have to worry, it's our job :angel: :lol: it's hard for us to let go. :o
Dav, try not to upset yourself sweetheart, it's not good when you're meant to be convalescing :lol:
Eimear, Mario still looks a bit pasty imo.:help: but he did ok today, hopefully he's on the up!
Schu, what is it with all of us and headcase players eh? :sad: I'm still reeling from Richie's loss tuesday night. :eek:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Vicky :wavey: Yeah he does. Hopefully he'll be okay but I still want Murray to win and failing that I'll go for Ancic in the final. That works right? Lets hope Richard has a good run next week. The draw is being made tomorrow. Hopefully he'll be in the opposite half to Gillou and we can have a Simon/Gasquet final which would be great!

Schu
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm going to put this in the chat thread because I'm not sure it's really news as I don't understand French well at all and Google translation is almost like another language sometimes. Anyway, When I couldn't sleep last night I was attempting to improve my French (which has a LONG way to go) so I was surfing around RG.net and ran into a post from someone who I THINK spoke to Peyre after Richie's match with PHM.

I THINK they said that Peyre felt Richard played well but PHM was ON FIRE and that is was just unlucky that Richard got a PHM on fire in the first round - other french guys got "easier" draws and most of them could have also fallen to the PHM on fire Tuesday. (I find it hard to believe PHM could have been so on fire for one match as he obviously fizzled in the second round- but who knows)

I THINK they also said that Peyre felt Richie would be choosen for DC as he certainly is one of the 4 best Frenchmen and current rankings are not an indication of the players value to DC team. And something about doubles??

I don't want to be spreading false news (so maybe I shouldn't have even posted this) but I thought it was interesting IF I understood any of that correctly. I was going to copy and paste it here for someone to better translate it but for some reason I couldn't and I know how some people get bent out of shape when things get posted on other forums so I put it in the "gossip" thread.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 07:45 PM
I'm sure Richard will definitely be in the DC team with Jo and Gilles and probably Llodra as the doubles specialist. Then again, I'm not an expert DC fan but imo that's the team I'd pick for France. I didn't see the PHM match but from what I gather he played a good match and sometimes you can be unfortunate to come up against a player who has one good match and lose. The player you lost to then goes on to have a crap next match and lose in the 2nd round (unless you're lucky enough to lose to the eventual winner) I've seen it happen in the past so it can happen

reggie1
02-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Ooh that's really interesting Schu, you're so right Eimear about a player being on fire one minute and then a puff of smoke the next.
I wonder if he really will be picked for DC. Rg.net drives me mad, I find the forum all over the place and the pics are really behind. The fact that I don't understand half of it doesn't help. There is an English speaking section but it's not so regularly updated from what I have seen. I could be wrong.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 08:14 PM
When is the DC team being announced as a matter of interest?

reggie1
02-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I don't know, have you ever been on the French players DC thread?

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135207&page=5 I quite like it.

~*BGT*~
02-13-2009, 09:11 PM
OT: Eimear, I saw your name and thought, "Oh, she's Irish... but she has an Italian flag." :lol: I confused the two.. the colors are similar, right? So I clicked on your profile and saw that you are from Ireland. :lol: :p

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 09:41 PM
OT: Eimear, I saw your name and thought, "Oh, she's Irish... but she has an Italian flag." :lol: I confused the two.. the colors are similar, right? So I clicked on your profile and saw that you are from Ireland. :lol: :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny!!! The Italian flag is green, white and red and the Irish flag is green, white and gold so I can see why you get mixed up!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the link Vicky. I'll check it out tomorrow. I'm off to watch the Monfils/Benneteau match now. Allez la Monf!!! Btw interestingly enough they're discussing the options Guy Forget has for the DC team on Sky Sports. They're saying how much strength in depth there is in French tennis. They reckon Gilles, Jo, Gasquet and probably Llodra will be there. They seemed to reckon the only unsure one is Gasquet ... I get the impression they think Monfils should be there

Schu
02-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm off to watch the Monfils/Benneteau match now. Allez la Monf!!! Btw interestingly enough they're discussing the options Guy Forget has for the DC team on Sky Sports.

I'm watching it now - Benneteau just broke - YEAH!! Allez Benny. Sometimes Monfils looks like the tennis court is the last place he wants to be (like now) and then he does a 180 and catches you by surprise.

Isn't Forget out and there is a new DC coach? Or was I dreaming??

gasguet#1
02-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone, :wavey:

Haven't had a chance to be on-line much since the morning of Richie's match in Rotterdam, Not the result we were looking for:eek::sad:, but PHM needed to kick start his 2009 season big time...so not really surprised

As they say there is always another event just around the corner.... Bring on Marseille Richie....

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 10:54 AM
You could be right about the new DC captain Schu. I was just presuming it was Forget. I don't think they mentioned a name on Sky Sports when I was listening to it! It was a VERY weird match wasn't it? Monfils really wasn't well yet he managed to go from being sick off court after the first set to winning the second 6-1 ... definitely a weird match. Benneteau didn't have a clue how to handle Monfils being ill. Draw for Marseille is being made today. Allez les francais!

Tess Gray
02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Hi Guys :wavey:
So just wanted to say that last night was just :worship::drool: I have 5 superfav players and I saw three of them last night... I was so excited! And then Nadal-Tsonga lasted for 2h and 40m so that was a nice bonus:)!

Anyway, I'm about to watch Rafa - Gael. Should be a nice match, especially since Gael won their last meeting.

To all Ancic fans here, sorry about his loss today :awww: it wasn't just a loss, it was an ugly one at that so :sad:... but hey, he got to the semis!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Hey Tess!!! Glad you enjoyed last night. Its always great seeing your favourite players and the Nadal/Tsonga match was fantastic!!! I had mixed feelings about Mario today. I was sad to see him go out but glad Murray won but we can take heart in the fact he got to the semis and hopefully he's on the way back up! Anyone know who Richard got in the Marseille draw?

Tess Gray
02-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Marc Gicquel first round ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Is he still playing Marseille? I'm actually surprised to hear that considering he could barely walk off the court yesterday against Murray. Shouldn't be too much of a bother for Richard then!

Tess Gray
02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Eimear, last night Gael went off court and apparently got quite sick in the bathroom. But then, he got back and played pretty well (with some help of Julien:p) and got 6-1 in the second set. So I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with him... he said it's a stomach bug:shrug: He already called the trainer out just now :( I hope it's not too bad...

Are you watching?

Tess Gray
02-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah I was pretty surprised to see him in the draw as well... maybe he'll withdraw in the next few days?:shrug:

Puschkin
02-14-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm going to put this in the chat thread because I'm not sure it's really news as I don't understand French well at all and Google translation is almost like another language sometimes. Anyway, When I couldn't sleep last night I was attempting to improve my French (which has a LONG way to go) so I was surfing around RG.net and ran into a post from someone who I THINK spoke to Peyre after Richie's match with PHM.

I THINK they said that Peyre felt Richard played well but PHM was ON FIRE and that is was just unlucky that Richard got a PHM on fire in the first round - other french guys got "easier" draws and most of them could have also fallen to the PHM on fire Tuesday. (I find it hard to believe PHM could have been so on fire for one match as he obviously fizzled in the second round- but who knows)

I read it too, I am not sure how reliable this information was.

I wonder if he really will be picked for DC. Rg.net drives me mad, I find the forum all over the place and the pics are really behind. The fact that I don't understand half of it doesn't help. There is an English speaking section but it's not so regularly updated from what I have seen. I could be wrong.

You are almost insulting me. ;) I write the English match reports on rgnet and I try my best to be on time with them. But I can not spend 24 hours a day there. :p

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 07:40 PM
I know! Sky Sports showed the guy who accompanied him to the bathroom demonstrating to his coach Rasheed exactly how sick he had been ... poor guy!!! Yeah I'm watching the match ... I'm coming here during the change of ends :lol: Gael is still ill I think but he's not doing too badly. I have to go and pick my mate up from work now so I'm going to miss the 2nd set unless its still on when I get back. I think they're both gone off court now are they? Poor Gael is gone to be sick again I think :hug: for Gael

Tess Gray
02-14-2009, 08:02 PM
You are almost insulting me. ;) I write the English match reports on rgnet and I try my best to be on time with them. But I can not spend 24 hours a day there. :p

:rolls: Nice going V :p

OMG :eek: That rally at 15-30 :worship: Poor Gael has to run like crazy while he's this sick and still loses the point.

And another break for Rafa :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 09:20 PM
What was the final score of the match?

Cloudygirl
02-14-2009, 09:48 PM
6-4 6-4.
Is Rg.net worth going on then? My french is rusty but my reading is a lot better than my speaking so I'm sure I could manage after a fashion

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks cloudygirl. I've never tried rg.net. I'll try it during the week. I'm like you I'm much better at reading and writing than I am in speaking ... I can speak it but apparently my Irish accent is a bit too strong when I'm speaking it :lol:

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 11:43 AM
It's part of your charm :p Just like we think Richard's french accent when speaking english is really cute :lol:

Just saw we're on page 1313 and the first post of this page was on friday the 13th :p I hope nobody is superstitious.

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 11:50 AM
quick change pages before it jinxes Rich (not that he needs jinxes) we got some posting to do.

My french accent is just WTF cos noone can understand me. I have a problem lately with languages that my hearing is quite bad (really need to get that looked at). French isn't too bad because I remember a lot from school but when I did basic Spanish it was dreadful. I can't hear the pronunciation of the words in the first place to copy them. :(

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
Yeah Richard's accent when speaking English is quite cute actually. His English has definitely improved. I think Jo is the best of the French boys at speaking English. I've never heard Gael talk English funnily enough but I've heard the other three talking and Jo is definitely the best but Richard is getting better all the time. Nope I'm not superstitious actually funnily enough!

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 11:55 AM
Richie is very very cute speaking in English. Can't understand a word he says in French though. I take it he has a strong accent, either that or its my bad French.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
I did Spanish too Tess. I haven't done it for a few years though so I'm a bit rusty but I loved it. French and Spanish were my two strongest subjects in school and I loved them so much I did a degree in them in college, majoring in French and minoring in Spanish. I have a hearing problem too so I find it a bit difficult when I'm talking to native French speakers because they speak incredibly fast. Its not that I don't understand their French its just that I find the pace they talk at too fast. I got better at it when I lived in France though and I'm not too bad at it now. I never had a problem with prononciation in Spanish ... when I was doing my leaving certificate - the highest level of school exams in Ireland probably like the A Levels and the Bac for French people - we had to do an oral test in Spanish and my examiner told my teacher I had a native Spanish accent. Don't know why I wasn't too hot at the French accent though. I don't think my Irish twang is as bad as it was before I lived in France though. You really need to live in a country to get to grips with the language properly!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Yeah Rich has an incredibly strong French accent. I'm not sure what part of France he's from but I presume it'd be the equivalent of a strong Dublin accent on an Irish person or a strong Scouse accent on a Liverpool person etc etc

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I actually only hear 30 per cent with my left ear :o So I'm having trouble hearing even in my own language:p

Actually Gael is pretty good at english. He has an Australian Coach and he's dated a few english-speaking girls... He also answered a few questions in english on his blog and it looked pretty good. Gilles isn't bad either is he? But they always keep their strong French accent... but that's kindacute :p

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Eimear, I see your join date is in 2004? :confused: Why didn't you post for so long and what made you post again?:)

reggie1
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I read it too, I am not sure how reliable this information was.

OMG I'll get my coat, talk about put your foot in it, :lol: I didn't realise you were that heavily involved and virtually ran the website! I assumed Richard's "people" did it. I don't actually read the English part as I read the French stuff to help me try to improve my french. I just find this is better for news and pics tbh, just from what I have seen. The notion that one person is responsible for so much of RG.Net never occurred to me but as I say, I don't read the English part so can't comment on how quick you are with your posts and whether you are on there 24 hours a day. ;) I find the site quite difficult to navigate but then that has a lot to do with me needing to improve my French like I say often.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I wear a hearing aid in my left ear Tess - I only have 20% hearing without my hearing aid and I can struggle at times even with my hearing aid. I must do a You Tube search for videos of Gael speaking English. I knew his coach was English speaking, didn't realise he'd dated English speaking girls so he must be fairly good then. Yeah Gilles has really good English. He sounds really funny speaking it though because his voice moves up an octave. I think it just adds to his sex appeal though :drool: (much like Richard's English adds to his endearness) Erm ... I think I just set up an account back in 2004 to look at a couple of pictures and forgot I had an account. I started posting again this year because I'm out of work atm recuperating from an operation so it started as a way of relieving the boredom but I've met so many nice people its become addictive!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I think we're making a habit of putting our foot in it Vicky :lol:

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I've got another account lingering on here somewhere. I was a browser not a poster I think from 2004 or 2005 but couldn't remember for the life of me what my username might be.

I can understand Gaels french just about but Richie I'm like huh?? Bit like Rafas Spanish don't understand a word of that.

I'm not naturally talented in languages at all. But I try.

Venle
02-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Venla, parents have to worry, it's our job :angel: :lol: it's hard for us to let go. :o

Yes, own children's safety is the most important thing to you parents :hug:

Venle
02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Actually Gael is pretty good at english. He has an Australian Coach and he's dated a few english-speaking girls... He also answered a few questions in english on his blog and it looked pretty good. Gilles isn't bad either is he? But they always keep their strong French accent... but that's kindacute :p

Some of the Frenchies speak English pretty well, actually. Like Gilles, as you said Tess :D

I'm in love with Richard's accent :inlove:

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I wear a hearing aid in my left ear Tess - I only have 20% hearing without my hearing aid and I can struggle at times even with my hearing aid
:eek: Wow! That must really suck :sad:

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm in love with Richard's accent

I think we all are :hearts: :rolls:

Is school calming down now? I know you've been very busy...:)

Venle
02-15-2009, 01:23 PM
I think we all are :hearts: :rolls:

Is school calming down now? I know you've been very busy...:)

Oh yes :hearts:

Yeah, it's better, thanks. :) I'm on my winter holiday now but I should write three essays :scared:

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Winter holiday?! Nice ;) Mine in a week...

3 essays :hug: you poor thing :sad: They'll never let you enjoy a nice, calm, lazy holiday, will they:lol:

Venle
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Great, got any holiday plans? :)

Tell me about it :hug: Seems that they can't be calm if they haven't pushed us 7 tons of homework for the holiday :lol: :o

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I'll be working fulltime, so not really a holiday feeling for me :o You?

Davodus
02-15-2009, 03:10 PM
hello everyone :wavey:

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Rafa :sobbing::awww::hug:

Congrats all Muzzatards :wavey: He played great the first set. Second: :help:, but third was back to business:yeah:

Davodus
02-15-2009, 03:33 PM
:o
i hate when he wins tournaments

paying attention to the mauresmo/dementieva match?
i hope momo gets a win, would be good for her

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Yep also watching that one. Go Momo:D

Did you see yesterdays match with JJ? I didn't see it, but the scoreline was bizar..

Davodus
02-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Yep also watching that one. Go Momo:D

Did you see yesterdays match with JJ? I didn't see it, but the scoreline was bizar..

i did
it was all on mauresmo, she played well, she won, she played bad, she lost
quite simple
jankovic's coach was :o
i dont think he ever sat down, or stopped talking

Eimear O'Mahony
02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
:eek: Wow! That must really suck :sad:

I've been wearing it since I was 2 so I've never known life without it really. It did suck when I was younger and I got bullied because of it but I got through it and didn't let it hold me back :) Well done to Murray. I felt sorry for Rafa. He clearly couldn't serve and was in a lot of pain. Lets hope he's back soon. I thought Andy was very gracious in his acceptance speech

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Yeah he can be very annoying at times...

I was excited that Serena withdrew. I very strongly dislike her:) Obviously not wishing anybody to be injured, but still...

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 03:44 PM
I've been wearing it since I was 2 so I've never known life without it really. It did suck when I was younger and I got bullied because of it but I got through it and didn't let it hold me back

Kids can be so mean :ras:

Davodus
02-15-2009, 03:48 PM

I was excited that Serena withdrew. I very strongly dislike her:) Obviously not wishing anybody to be injured, but still...

lol i used to be like that with the williams sisters
now im not fussed, because i dont like jankovic and sharapova, and they often beat those 2

i must sleep now, another early morning awaits and i am not in bed yet :o
cya :wavey:

Masha91
02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't really like Serena either, she's an extremely talented GS champ but I still can't seem to warm to her. Now's it's a Dementieva/Mauresmo final, I do like Lena but I'll still be happy if Amelie wins, she is playing very well!

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Night David :wavey:

I just think she's annoying:o A terrible loser and I don't find her game that attractive. Too much power, too little technique. I like JJ and I kinda sorta like Sharapova.

Not sure about lena. I mean, she can play well... but that serve still can be :help: at times. I want Amelie to win this one though... I think she deserves it :)

Masha91
02-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Yes, Serena is just all power. Lena's serve can be a liability, she's had a great start to the year in Auckland and then in Sydney until Serena had to stop things in Melbourne just like with Masha in the 2007 AO final, what a nightmare that was much like it was for Dinara this year.

Night (or early morning lol) David, I should be getting to bed sometime soon also.

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
That match Dina was awfull, I felt so sad for her (also a little bit for myself since I'm a big Dina fan :p)

I just find myself liking tournaments so much more if the Williams sisters aren't playing. So I hope they'll retire soon:o:lol:

Maria, are you starting uni tomorrow? Or did I read that wrong?

EDIT: yeah, 1800th post :p Just 200 more and I'll want a party guys.

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
I like Dina too, second time as a gs runner up. Hopefully, she can do one better at RG this year.

No, I don't start uni tomorrow (it's already today here actually it's just past 2 am). I start on the second of March.

Congrats on 1800 posts!

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Three time's a charm... hopefully :unsure:

ooh :angel: Then I must have read it wrong :p What will you be studying?

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
That was the case for Ana Ivanovic.

Bachelor of Arts at the University of Qld, majoring in psychology but I'll also have an advanced French class.

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Jep, and look what happened to her after that... :scared: Not much good happened after that GS win & nr1 (except Nando:p)

Cool!

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes, well hopefully that won't happen to Dina, she's a smart girl.

How about you? Are you at university?

Brownie
02-15-2009, 04:24 PM
EDIT: yeah, 1800th post :p Just 200 more and I'll want a party guys.

I'll be all over that;):lol:

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Yay, party time! :D

Tess Gray
02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
No I'm 17. I'm still in highschool ;) I'll be graduating next year :)

You better be Lauren:lol:

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm seventeen too :)

I better go to bed now, it's 2:44 a.m.

It's been nice chatting, have a nice day.

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
wah I feel so old.

I'm done with education now but I might pick up a couple of nightclasses for fun. I miss study (yes I am sad like that)

Brownie
02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
What did you study Vickie?

Masha91
02-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Not sad at all, study can be heaps of fun if you enjoy what you're doing!

Okay, I really need to go to bed now. Have a good day everyone :)

Brownie
02-15-2009, 04:57 PM

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 04:59 PM
What did you study Vickie?

Me?

I have a degree in English
A Masters in Law and a post grad diploma in Law. I'd be a perpetual student if I could. I would really like to do physiotherapy now but thats too much I think. I am planning to do a couple of language courses and a course in child development etc which would be quite useful in my job (the child course not the languages)

Brownie
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Me?

I have a degree in English
A Masters in Law and a post grad diploma in Law. I'd be a perpetual student if I could. I would really like to do physiotherapy now but thats too much I think. I am planning to do a couple of language courses and a course in child development etc which would be quite useful in my job (the child course not the languages)

Yup. You're Vickie, right? (there's so many people around, I'm trying to keep everyone's names straight:lol:) Wow, I guess you do enjoy being a student! I'm doing grad school right now (which I started immediately after graduating from college), and I think I'm ready to be done with school now. Maybe I'll feel differently once I have a job:lol:

~*BGT*~
02-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I have to agree with you Vicky Mario hasn't been looking well at all even though he's been playing well. I still can't forgive him for beating Gilles though so its going to be Murray all the way for me tomorrow I'm afraid (well it would have been anyway but at least I can pretend I have an excuse! :lol:)

I think Gilles speaks the best English. It's very cute. :)

Yeah Richard's accent when speaking English is quite cute actually. His English has definitely improved. I think Jo is the best of the French boys at speaking English. I've never heard Gael talk English funnily enough but I've heard the other three talking and Jo is definitely the best but Richard is getting better all the time. Nope I'm not superstitious actually funnily enough!

Someone here said that Jo is the best to listen to when speaking French because he speaks slowly and says simple sentences. I was like, "You guys are making him out to be dumb and stupid." :lol:

Oh, that's how I feel about Sharapova. :o Tennis, to me, has never been more enjoyable since she's been gone. On my other forum, I want to celebrate but one of my fave posters LOVES her so I have to hold back because of him. :( Whatever, she hasn't been on tour since August and won't be back til March. :woohoo:

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry I was just impressed someone remembered my real name. I do love the studying but not the stress of exams. I think education is wasted on the young. I did my English degree when I was 18 and enjoyed going out drinking more than reading I would get so much more out of it now but can't really go back and do it again ;)

What are you doing in grad school?

Brownie
02-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Haha, I agree. I was distracted with all the fun college stuff as an undergrad. I'm definitely more focused on studying now. I'm doing environmental engineering. I am starting to work on my thesis this semester, which I'm not so excited about. I'd rather work on problem solving/do lab work. Maybe that's why I want to graduate now:lol:

Cloudygirl
02-15-2009, 05:53 PM
What exactly is environmental engineering? What do you do?

I've never heard of that before. Not that I'm really up on scientific subjects.

Brownie
02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
What exactly is environmental engineering? What do you do?

I've never heard of that before. Not that I'm really up on scientific subjects.

One of the main things environmental engineers deal with is water. Some things that I could possibly do when I graduate is design or update drinking water or waste-water treatment plants, or deal with groundwater cleanup (like if it gets contaminated with gasoline, oil, heavy metals, etc.). The classes I take mostly have chemistry or water movement components to them.

Masha91
02-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Wow, engineering some of my friends are starting that at uni next month. One of them is doing electrical engineering, I don't know too much about it though I'm more of a humanities person.

rina
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM
pretty much all my mates are doing some form of engineering, i asked one of them what it was and she said that its pretty much how things work (well she did dumb it down for me :p) - not that any of that will sink in im a humanities person, off to study psychology in a week. crap :o i got orientation day tommorow.

reggie1
02-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I must admit I think I would be more of a humanities person too, anything technical and all I hear is blah blah blah. I wish I could be more technically minded, I think what Lauren studies sounds really interesting but probably one of those things where you have to be good at maths. I've always found maths really scary. And I would need it all dumbed down for me too :lol: