01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
its australia day :D

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 10:57 AM
can you tell me more please?

what do you celebrate?

rina
01-26-2009, 11:13 AM
um each year on the 26th of january australians celebrate the british settlement into the country, its a public holiday for all australians, most of us have a good barbeque and beer and chill out for the day. However, the indigenous australians dont celebrate it mainly because their land was taken from them and thier culture was tarnished.

hope that helped ...

reggie1
01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Us British have a lot to answer for! And on top of all this we gave the world Cliff Richard and Andy Murray.

Tess Gray
01-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Nandoooooooo :woohoo::worship: That was the best way to wake up this morning:D:D (Sorry V :awww: I'll try not to rub it in too much)Danielle, you were right :yeah:

And Jo easily through. I'm sad that Gael lost though. Not that fact that he lost, but that he had to retire :awww: He was on a good streak!

Hey you saw the (how to say in english) the explosions in the sky of melbourne?
Fire works;)

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Fire works;)

thanks !:kiss:

Tess Gray
01-26-2009, 12:41 PM
;) np

So bet you're excited about Gilles &Jo being through huh:D? (well I know I am:p)

Venle
01-26-2009, 01:31 PM
The fireworks were great :worship:
Happy Australia day Rina, Bren and others Aussies. :hug:

Poor Jo and James though, I assume they couldn't see the fireworks so James was examining his nails and Jo was stretching :lol:

Tess Gray
01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
The sound cuts out in the middle of the vid. :o

Tried to upload it as well, but I think there is a fault in the vid:o Got the same results as the other uploader... Sorry.:)

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 03:26 PM
I had a wonderful/horrible dream -- obviously, I was thinking about Verdasco before I went to bed and I dreamed that he was telling he our friends that he was gonna take me out to dinner. :inlove: Unfortunately, I woke up before that happened. :o

Tess Gray
01-26-2009, 03:44 PM
:lol: So what was the occasion?

*Martolina*
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Today I'm returned to gym after two months that I was not to train..but then I have to study!! How're you?

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
I like Verdasco but I do feel for Murray a bit. :hug: He'll get his turn though. :) but :yeah: Nando, I've liked him for a few years now and it's about time he sorted himself out and got some decent results. :dance:

Andy-Nole is on during the day time meaning (as long as I don't sleep through my alarm) I should get to see it! :banana: I'm so excited! :bounce: Uni work will have to put a little bit on hold now as we are coming to the end of the tournament and I want to watch every match I can! :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I am feeling very positive about this match. Andy has been looking very sharp in his matches, has lost 1 set, is moving very well, should be very fit and fresh. Whereas Djokovic has been playing badly since Brisbane, should be very tired from his last match. It should be VERY hot tomorrow and that speeds up the court; Andy loves to play in the heat while Djokovic has asthma and may prefer a night session. GSM Roddick :dance:

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 05:51 PM
you better not have just jinxed him. :armed: ;)

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I know I jinxed Richie when I woke up just as the 4th set was starting. :unsure:

reggie1
01-26-2009, 06:00 PM
I think I jinxed Richard, the first time I have ever watched a livestream and he loses! :sad:

Tess Gray
01-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Andy is going down tomorrow:armed: (:scared:)

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I know I jinxed Richie when I woke up just as the 4th set was starting. :unsure:
I woke up after the second set! :sobbing: (the start of the decline :awww: ) plus I told my brother he would win. :shrug: and that is why I am keeping my feelings about tomorrow's match to myself! :o
Andy is going down tomorrow:armed: (:scared:)
:ras: :boxing:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
A French person -- what does la cour mean?

Brownie
01-26-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm not a French person (obviously;)), but I think it means "the court".

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
What about heritieres? Obviously this is homework I'm not prepared for. :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm not a French person (obviously;)), but I think it means "the court".

In context, the question is: En quoi la cour de France est-elle différente ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
I didn't know that one, but babelfish says heiresses:shrug:

Are they talking about royal courts? And comparing it to other countries? Or maybe tennis courts (clay)?

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 06:58 PM
It sounds like it's a story of a woman who oversees young girls and teaches them about how to be women and how to treat men. Like a charm school maybe. :shrug: La Princesse de Cleves

Brownie
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Wikipedia ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Princesse_de_Cl%C3%A8ves

There's a sheltered heiress in the court of Henri II

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I looked it up there before I saw your post. :lol: I think I get it now, but I still don't have a clue what that first question means! :banghead:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry, me either:shrug:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Would it be horrible if i just said je ne sais pas? :lol: :tape:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Would it be horrible if i just said je ne sais pas? :lol: :tape:

I just said she was a woman who teaches you how to be a woman. My last question: Qu’est ce que Mme de Chartres comprend par « éclat » et « élévation» ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Is she talking about waking up? Maybe "élévation et éclat" is "rise and shine"?

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't know. I just said something about understanding men. :haha: But thanks for the help Lauren. :yeah:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Haha, no problem...I tried;)

reggie1
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
It's a shame Amira's not here. You could always P.M her Danielle, or Truc, I'm sure they wouldn't mind at all.

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
It's due in 30 minutes so it's a case of too little too late. :o

turtle-rn
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
If I got it right, the first question you referred to was :

In what aspects does the French Royal Court differ (from another royal court I assume)?

As for élévation and éclat, I would go with Lauren : it's apparently about teaching young girls the court protocol, in other words to behave properly (shine) in high society (rising social status).
not 100% sure though, I've read la princesse de Clève ages ago! :p

reggie1
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Natsume has saved the day. :worship:
Do many of you post on WTA? I started and got bad repped on my first post :lol: (Tess taught me about that today) because I agreed that Hantchuchova's outfit was a bit revealing. Someone called me a stupid Newbie and told me to behave. I never find MTF to be like this. Don't think i'll be going on there again.

~*BGT*~
01-27-2009, 12:14 AM
OMG you guys... she's not even gonna grade it. :o

Venle
01-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Natsume has saved the day. :worship:
Do many of you post on WTA? I started and got bad repped on my first post :lol: (Tess taught me about that today) because I agreed that Hantchuchova's outfit was a bit revealing. Someone called me a stupid Newbie and told me to behave. I never find MTF to be like this. Don't think i'll be going on there again.

How boorish :o

I'm not there, and after that post, I'm not even thinking about joining.

Venle
01-27-2009, 07:24 AM
I had a wonderful/horrible dream -- obviously, I was thinking about Verdasco before I went to bed and I dreamed that he was telling he our friends that he was gonna take me out to dinner. :inlove: Unfortunately, I woke up before that happened. :o

How sweet :inlove:

I hate waking up just before something smooth is about to happen :(

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Oh hello. :eek:

Thought I'd come in here to kill time before JD's match. :bolt:

Venle
01-27-2009, 07:27 AM
You guys are going too fast btw, I can't keep up :lol:

Good luck Dokic! :D

~*BGT*~
01-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Oh hello. :eek:

Thought I'd come in here to kill time before JD's match. :bolt:

JD? i thought that was Juan Del Potro. :lol: You're an Aussie so I get it now. :p

OMG everyone!!!!!!!! ANDY JUST BEAT DJOKOVIC FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HIS CAREER AND IS IN THE SEMIS OF A GS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 YEARS!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 07:31 AM
JD? i thought that was Juan Del Potro. :lol: You're an Aussie so I get it now. :p

OMG everyone!!!!!!!! ANDY JUST BEAT DJOKOVIC FOR THE SECOND TIME IN HIS CAREER AND IS IN THE SEMIS OF A GS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2 YEARS!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am not Aussie, it's a random flag. :angel: Heard and McDonald Islands -> It's this. :p

And I don't like JMDP. :angel:

Go Jelena :rocker:

Venle
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM

Congratulations Andy! :yippee:

Enjoy the day ;)

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Andy :rocker:

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
New sig :dance: Made totally by me. :angel:

~*BGT*~
01-27-2009, 07:58 AM
Oh, you make graphics? :aplot: Can you make some Roddick avys based on today's match and maybe even a cool banner? :cool:

Venle
01-27-2009, 07:58 AM
New sig :dance: Made totally by me. :angel:

Wow, how nice sig :)

Stan :hearts:

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Oh, you make graphics? :aplot: Can you make some Roddick avys based on today's match and maybe even a cool banner? :cool:
I'm formerly Gigi, you may remember from the T4U forums. :angel:

Fired Up!
01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Sure BGT, once the pics are online. :p

tennis lover
01-27-2009, 09:23 AM

:banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

reggie1
01-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh wow, this is such a great result for Andy. Congrats to all of you whom are his fans, like Jo and Danielle.:hug: Are you a big fan venla?
Hi Folklore. :wavey:
I wonder if the heat really got to Dok? I'm not really a fan of his and think he acts incredibly immaturely but do feel a bit sorry for him. THAT family of his. So much pressure, demands and expectation from parents cannot be easy. :rolleyes:

lisaplenske
01-27-2009, 02:39 PM
I wanted dokic to beat safina badly!!not that Im a fan of jelena but I just cant stand safina:(

she's playing ure crap for a world N°3 and probably soon future n°1 if she wins AO:sobbing::banghead:
she should have lost to cornet in fourth round but shes still there
WTA is pure joke right now.

I used to follow wta matchs when there were great players with much of competition between the top players
with henin,clijsters,hingis, mauresmo almost retired the tour is :tape:

~*BGT*~
01-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm formerly Gigi, you may remember from the T4U forums. :angel:

Ahhhh... yeah, totally remember. :p

PinkFeatherBoa
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM

I'm so bloody happy for him, I'd almost given up on it ever happening again but working with Stefanki has really seemed to help turn things around! He's moving better than ever now. Sad how it happened (Nole :hug:) but richly deserved given how hard Andy's been working. :D Dare I to dream him any further?!! :angel:

I used to follow wta matchs when there were great players with much of competition between the top players
with henin,clijsters,hingis, mauresmo almost retired the tour is :tape:

I really miss Henin, her and Mauresmo are my favourite WTA players...it's going to be even worse once Amelie goes. One of the newer players I like (besides Cornet) is Suarez-Navarro, she plays quite stylish tennis. Generally though the WTA lacks variety of tennis currently, which means I could never enjoy it like I do the men, not enough touch or flair in the women's game sadly. Also a complete joke of a no.1 player.

*MJP*
01-27-2009, 10:11 PM
I really miss Henin, her and Mauresmo are my favourite WTA players...it's going to be even worse once Amelie goes. One of the newer players I like (besides Cornet) is Suarez-Navarro, she plays quite stylish tennis. Generally though the WTA lacks variety of tennis currently, which means I could never enjoy it like I do the men, not enough touch or flair in the women's game sadly. Also a complete joke of a no.1 player.[/QUOTE]

Agree with you 100%. I loved to watch Henin play, such an amazing backhand & also cos she was soo much smaller then the rest of them but could beat them all - gave hope to the rest of us who aren't 6 foot tall:rolleyes: It will be a terribly sad day when Mauresmo calls it quits:sad: Ill only really have Cornet to cheer for. I dont like anyone elses game, its all just a grunt fest from the baseline:rolleyes::confused:

gasguet#1
01-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I really miss Henin, her and Mauresmo are my favourite WTA players...it's going to be even worse once Amelie goes. One of the newer players I like (besides Cornet) is Suarez-Navarro, she plays quite stylish tennis. Generally though the WTA lacks variety of tennis currently, which means I could never enjoy it like I do the men, not enough touch or flair in the women's game sadly. Also a complete joke of a no.1 player.

I used to only really follow the WTA...... They keep saying how fantastic the women's game is at the moment
I can't see what is so great about it...... It sure is going to be such a sad day when Amelie calls it quits:eek:

Maybe the only one who offers some variety & is a joy to watch is Saurez-Navarro.....
The rest totally agree lets belt the cover of the ball... Grunt & Groan & were great for the game!.....
Years ago all the backlash Monica got over her grunting.... It was nothing too like what we have in most WTA matches these days.

Does anyone remember the famous SF at Wimbledon against Tauziat with the complaint to the umpire about her grunting & in the final we didn't here a single grunt from Monica against Steffi & Steffi rolled her about 6/1 6/2.....

Bring back the classic Chrissie & Martina matches anyday....... that's when the WTA was great to watch

Puschkin
01-28-2009, 07:09 AM
I am watching Tsonga/Verdasco and I really wonder why Verdasco doesn't follow up his excellent groundies to the net? :o How wunderful in comparison Richard played. SIGH!

Schu
01-28-2009, 07:39 AM
I am watching Tsonga/Verdasco and I really wonder why Verdasco doesn't follow up his excellent groundies to the net? :o How wunderful in comparison Richard played. SIGH!

I was thinking the SAME thing - even found myself saying "move in" after some of his great groundstrokes but then he doesn't have all the tools Richard has... ANd if he won the point with a volley he wouldn't be running Tsogna around like a yo-yo.

Schu
01-28-2009, 07:58 AM
I know that there are lots of Tsonga fans here but BRAVO Fernando :worship::bigclap:
It's been a long time since one of my Top 5 favs made it to a GS semi :woohoo:

Remember when Verdasco was a mental midget - not tonight he was physicaly and mentally tough as nails - you can be too Richie - take note

orangehat
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
tsonga looked really out of it today and i feel bad for him and all his fans even though i'm not one. No offence, but I think as a whole Richard's game is better than Verdasco's. He's just not showing it at the moment.

reggie1
01-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I used to only really follow the WTA...... They keep saying how fantastic the women's game is at the moment
I can't see what is so great about it...... It sure is going to be such a sad day when Amelie calls it quits:eek:

Maybe the only one who offers some variety & is a joy to watch is Saurez-Navarro.....
The rest totally agree lets belt the cover of the ball... Grunt & Groan & were great for the game!.....
Years ago all the backlash Monica got over her grunting.... It was nothing too like what we have in most WTA matches these days.

Does anyone remember the famous SF at Wimbledon against Tauziat with the complaint to the umpire about her grunting & in the final we didn't here a single grunt from Monica against Steffi & Steffi rolled her about 6/1 6/2.....

Bring back the classic Chrissie & Martina matches anyday....... that's when the WTA was great to watch

Completely agree, I think there are no real "stars" on WTA now. I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina, I always wanted Chrissie to win. I think she had real charisma and she was so feminine too.

reggie1
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Poor Jo, I feel gutted for him, I'm rooting for Gilles now!

tennis lover
01-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Nando :yeah: Tsonga :hug:

I looks like I might get my all spanish semi! :dance:

tennis lover
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
or maybe I shouldn't get ahead of myself...Gilles just broke back! :lol:

reggie1
01-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Gilles is such a little fighter!

gasguet#1
01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Completely agree, I think there are no real "stars" on WTA now. I used to love watching Chrissie and Martina, I always wanted Chrissie to win. I think she had real charisma and she was so feminine too.

Hey Vicky.....

Chrissie was my idol..... Used to be so damn gutted with Martina rolling her at Wimbledon.... My Bedroom was a shrine of Chrissie posters, So much class, so great for the game, & was the 1st ever WTA Calander Girl for the 1st time all the girls turned had the makeover & looked so great for the WTA calander

So pleased now I can call Chrissie half an aussie now, she is Mrs Norman;)

reggie1
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20090119-184329/Tennis-beyond-the-grit-into-the-glamour
Found this artice on WTA forum and thought it was quite interesting, no mention of Richie though but Danielle will love the take on Sharapova! :devil:

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Vicky that was a nice read:lol: Funny about Maria, guess she really is a big b*tch :o

Nandooo :worship: It sucks that you had to beat Jo to get to the semis :( but great job nonetheless :yeah::D

Oh and conrgats to all the AndyR fans here :D:yeah: Great job to be in another SF after 2 years! :secret: I hope he beats Fed:o

reggie1
01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Have you looked on GM Tess, to see what Roger has said about Novak's withdrawal? it's so bitchy!!! :lol: I don't see anyone getting past Raffa tbh.

Puschkin
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't see anyone getting past Raffa tbh.
I do. :p

juvvi
01-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I find this Navarro girl's game very good. I despise almost all other women's game, and like Anna Chakvetadze because she's so beautiful.

Puschkin
01-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I find this Navarro girl's game very good.
Does she have a single handed backhand? :p

juvvi
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Does she have a single handed backhand? :p

She does have a single handed backhand similar to Kohlschreiber. That is the basic criteria to support anyone according to me.

Puschkin
01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
She does have a single handed backhand similar to Kohlschreiber. That is the basic criteria to support anyone according to me.
That sounds promising, I will have a look at her at the next occasion. Frankly, I stopped watching women's tennis (which I never followed closely) when Justine retired. :sad:

reggie1
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
I didn't know if any of you had ever seen this pic of Richard when he was younger. I thought it was so adorable. I didn't put it in the pics thread because it's not a tennis one and it's quite old but doesn't it give hope to every dorky teenager out there, talk about ugly duckling turning into a swan. I think he looks really cute though. Notice how he's still in blimmin' Lacoste.

~*BGT*~
01-28-2009, 03:15 PM
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/lifestyle/lifestyle/view/20090119-184329/Tennis-beyond-the-grit-into-the-glamour
Found this artice on WTA forum and thought it was quite interesting, no mention of Richie though but Danielle will love the take on Sharapova! :devil:

Enjoy it I did. :lol:

Maria Sharapova—she is arrogant, unfriendly...I know plenty of her male fans are hissing at this, but her likability rating on the tour among players, officials and now the media is very low. She’s probably got a nice side, but doesn’t feel it’s necessary to be decent to people in general.

Vicky that was a nice read:lol: Funny about Maria, guess she really is a big b*tch :o

Nandooo :worship: It sucks that you had to beat Jo to get to the semis :( but great job nonetheless :yeah::D

Oh and conrgats to all the AndyR fans here :D:yeah: Great job to be in another SF after 2 years! :secret: I hope he beats Fed:o

He will. :p

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I do. :p
I don't :p

I agree with Vicky :o I think Rafa is on a quest this year to win either the AO or USO and I think he could actually do it:)! Or at least I hope so. Nando's been playing great but unfortunately I think his amazing run will end vs Rafa. H2H is
6-0 in Rafa's favour and I doubt it will be 6-1 after friday (imo:lol:)

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
He will. :p

I hope so :lol: though tbh I doubt it... Although I have to say, Andy has been playing very well. Didn't he say he lost like 7kg over the offseason? I was watching his match vs Nole and when he'd hit the ball his shirt lifted and you could see a little bit of his tummy :drool: Looked very good :lick:

Schu
01-28-2009, 04:38 PM
tsonga looked really out of it today and i feel bad for him and all his fans even though i'm not one. No offence, but I think as a whole Richard's game is better than Verdasco's. He's just not showing it at the moment.

Totally agree - just meant that if Verdasco can do it so can RIchie

~*BGT*~
01-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I hope so :lol: though tbh I doubt it... Although I have to say, Andy has been playing very well. Didn't he say he lost like 7kg over the offseason? I was watching his match vs Nole and when he'd hit the ball his shirt lifted and you could see a little bit of his tummy :drool: Looked very good :lick:

Oh yeah, I saw some shirtless pics a few weeks ago and I didn't know they were current. I was like, "Look how Andy used to look like." :sad: But when I saw then it was new, I said, "oh HAI, Andy" :hearts:

Venle
01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh wow, this is such a great result for Andy. Congrats to all of you whom are his fans, like Jo and Danielle.:hug: Are you a big fan venla?

Not really a fan, but I'm happy when he wins and his interviews :worship: :haha:

:wavey:

Nando through to semis :yippee:
Roger - Andy should be nice.

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
:lol: True... he's looking better than he did last few years. Only the slight balding isn't really great...

Brownie
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Every time I've watched Andy play in the last week I say, "he looks SOOOOOOO skinny!" even though he's not really skinny:lol:, just wicked fit. He's looking gooooooood:drool:

~*BGT*~
01-28-2009, 05:10 PM
I never thought I'd again see the day that I'd be :drool: about Andy. I had moved him from hottie to cool older brother. :unsure: I'm so confused now. :sobbing:

Schu
01-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Have you looked on GM Tess, to see what Roger has said about Novak's withdrawal? it's so bitchy!!! :lol: I don't see anyone getting past Raffa tbh.

I think Fed could really do it if he doesn't play like he did the first 2 sets against Berdych. I'm not sure who I'd pull for in that one - wierd I still think Feds game is the best and georgeous but the last year or so his bitchy arrogant comments have really turned me off (sorry Pushkin). Nadal probably thinks the same but can't speak English well enough to express it or just thinks its better to keep his mouth shut.

BTW it's the semis of AO and so far the best match with the most variety of play and shotmaking has been which one guys?????

Puschkin
01-28-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure who I'd pull for in that one - wierd I still think Feds game is the best and georgeous but the last year or so his bitchy arrogant comments have really turned me off (sorry Pushkin).
No need to be sorry. I adore Roger's tennis, I don't agree with everything he says and does. ;)

BTW it's the semis of AO and so far the best match with the most variety of play and shotmaking has been which one guys?????
My thoughts excatly, when I watched Tsonga/Verdasco today. BTW: I sent you a pm on another issue.

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Did anyone watch Kuznetsova-Williams today? I can't believe Sveta was serving for the match and still lost! :confused::sobbing:

~*BGT*~
01-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I can't believe it either. :sad: Someone said on another forum, "Serena down a set and 5-3? Like taking candy from a baby." :haha:

lisaplenske
01-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Did anyone watch Kuznetsova-Williams today? I can't believe Sveta was serving for the match and still lost! :confused::sobbing:

yes I still questioning myself why she became so "weak" in her head?
serena has so much luck with azarenka retired whereas she was playing amazingly well and now sveta who choked badly.
If she survives dementieva and win the whole thing I would recognize the wta sucks as hell cause its far from being the best player out there for sure!:retard::banghead:

Tess Gray
01-28-2009, 09:00 PM
No :armed: Dina won't let Serena win... She better not :o

Schu
01-28-2009, 10:59 PM
My thoughts excatly, when I watched Tsonga/Verdasco today.

Guess we are not the only ones to appreciate REAL tennis - Did you see the tread on GM? "Best Match of AO so far" and guess which match is winning by a landslide! Yes, Gasquet-Gonzo

Better yet, guess WHO started the thread!

tennis lover
01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Andy :bounce: I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! :D I really hope it's worth it! :sobbing:

I'm still yet to watch the end of Gasquet-Gonzo, it'll have to wait until the tournament is over though, I have far too much to do and it's bad enough that I'm losing hours watching live tennis! :o

orangehat
01-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Good luck andy with federer today ..

Venle
01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Andy's looking good atm, yes :drool:

The match starts in an hour. :yippee: I'm hoping it to be a close one, a thriller.

Please.. :angel:

rina
01-29-2009, 07:41 AM
yeah , craving a thriller after the lack of long emotional draining matches lately ... or maybe i shouldnt hope for something like that after the gasquet- gonzalez match last saturday :help:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Guess we are not the only ones to appreciate REAL tennis - Did you see the tread on GM? "Best Match of AO so far" and guess which match is winning by a landslide! Yes, Gasquet-Gonzo

I know :rolls: it's so funny:lol:

Dina in the finals :woohoo: Go beat Serena now :armed: (:unsure:)
And go Andy. Beat Fedex!:D

Venle
01-29-2009, 07:56 AM
yeah , craving a thriller after the lack of long emotional draining matches lately ... or maybe i shouldnt hope for something like that after the gasquet- gonzalez match last saturday :help:

Same here :awww: Thrillers make a slam but now there has been very few indeed.

Gasquet - González :awww: :help:

Hi Tess :wavey:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I am loving the Andy love here! :banana: in the past Richie fans have always been fairly anti-Andy! :dance:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Venla you're watching?:wavey:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Jo! :D

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I'm scared. :awww: Roger has a nasty habit of stepping about about 10 levels when he plays Andy. :scared:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
jup he has:lol: But then again, Andy has been playing great also... So he has a chance, but I'm afraid not a big one :unsure:

Always makes for a good post match interview though:lol:

rina
01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
gah, already broken andy? so much for an exciting match :sad:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
:sad:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
This is not looking good y'all... :help: 5-1

rina
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
i guess that if he does better than porto that im happy, is that too unlikely for me to wish for?
im in the gasquet forum, talking about andy - cant seem to get out of this board though :p

edit: 5 - 1?!! ah shit...

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Well it's the chatthread so you're aloud to talk about anything you'd like..:p 5-2 now... I hope this is not going to be an embaressment like JMDP was :help:

reggie1
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Well it's the chatthread so you're aloud to talk about anything you'd like..:p 5-2 now... I hope this is not going to be an embaressment like JMDP was :help::wavey: Hi girls.
Absolutely, we talk about other players all the time here Rina and as far as I'm concerned, it's not off topic as nobody plays tennis by themselves, all of the other players are relevant so talk about whatever you like, that's what the chat thread is for. :D I really want Andy to win, he is trying so hard, the sweat is pouring off of him.

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 10:49 AM
:sad: Roger is a very mean person. :ras:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
:crying2:

Puschkin
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM

who knows? But he is definitely a better tennis-player than Roddick. :p :D

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
not a good time to tease me! :ras: you are also a very mean person! :p

Puschkin
01-29-2009, 11:00 AM
not a good time to tease me! :ras: you are also a very mean person! :p
ok, :bolt:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 11:02 AM
congratulations though. :hug: Roger is playing very well and hopefully it will be a good final. :)

orangehat
01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
bad luck for the roddick fans. But anyway I'm quite optimistic Roddick'll be number 3 by the end of the year =P

rina
01-29-2009, 01:12 PM
that high up? wow heh

reggie1
01-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Roddick seems like a different player to me, he certainly looks slimmer and fitter. My best friend will be pleased with his run at AO, he is her absolute favourite. She loves his dry sense of humour, he can be really funny at times.

Puschkin
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Did you see the tread on GM? "Best Match of AO so far" and guess which match is winning by a landslide! Yes, Gasquet-Gonzo
Well the match had absolutely everything. Great shotmaking (from both), great fighting (from both) and drama. So the result is no suprise. And the longer I think about it the less I care about the result. Richard with all his physical problems would have been in deep trouble against Nadal. So better not to have suffered another defeat agianst him. And the positives of the match (the attacking game and the will to fight) remain anyhow. As he did not choke and stayed aggressive in critical situations he has really nothing to reproche himself. In breif: I am over this match. :)

And that isn't a suprise either.

~*BGT*~
01-29-2009, 04:25 PM

I said on GM that he has a nasty habit of doing that and crushing the hopes and dreams of every DuckTard world wide. :rolleyes:

Brownie
01-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Sorry about the outcome of the Roddick/Fed match Danielle and Jo:hug: I was pulling for Andy in this one!

One another note...Dinara won :yippee: (way too many UEs, but still in straight sets:D...she's the only person to take any sets off of Vera:yeah:)

Davodus
01-29-2009, 04:34 PM
i really hope dinara wins the womens, i don't want the williams to have the singles and the doubles again :lol:

Brownie
01-29-2009, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't mind them winning doubles since I like Venus, but I definitely want Dinara to win the singles (not for the sake of Serena losing, but because I truly want Dinara to win).

~*BGT*~
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't understand; couldn't Fed realize that the crowd didn't want him to win? They were obviously cheering more loudly for Andy. Why not give the people what they want? :fiery:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I said on GM that he has a nasty habit of doing that and crushing the hopes and dreams of every DuckTard world wide. :rolleyes:
I meant he's mean to Andy. ;) wouldn't even let him get to a TB. :awww: :ras: made him fight hard all set and then just crushed him at the end. :sobbing:
i really hope dinara wins the womens, i don't want the williams to have the singles and the doubles again :lol:
Please God let Dinara win. I'm not all that hopeful though, things never go my way in tennis! :lol:
I don't understand; couldn't Fed realize that the crowd didn't want him to win? They were obviously cheering more loudly for Andy. Why not give the people what they want? :fiery:
:rolls:

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
:hug: @ Jo & Danielle :awww: Wasn't meant to be. So who would you rather have facing Roger? Fernando or Rafa?

reggie1
01-29-2009, 06:18 PM
:hug: @ Jo & Danielle :awww: Wasn't meant to be. So who would you rather have facing Roger? Fernando or Rafa?Hi girls,:wavey: know you didn't ask me Tess but thought I'd give you my wisdom anyway :o :retard: for me ,Raffa, he is the only one that can take Fed down as at the moement Fed is in Rog-God mode! Really playing well.
I so want Dinara to win. I like Venus but just can't take to Serena at all, never have been able to.:confused:

Schu
01-29-2009, 06:20 PM
And that isn't a suprise either.

Wonder if that was the result they expected to get?

I take it that I didn't miss a whole lot by not staying up ALL night to watch Roger and Andy (there is only one player I do that for).

I think Rafa/Verdasco has the potential to be pretty good if Fernando isn't too much in awe of Rafa. But I'm not saying up for it. ESPN and TTC are supposed to replay it several times tomorrow and Saturday - maybe I'll not look at any scores or this forum until after I see a replay on Saturday. The final should be good but looks like that too will be an evening match so - no live final for me. I'll have to get that on replay too - maybe Sunday before Super Bowl Party.

I'm torn between Serena and Safina. I used to really not like Serena but she's grown on me a lot. She stopped wearing those gaudy outfits and seems to be a bit more "dignified" even in her press conferences. I also like that she does more with her life than just tennis, she even recently opened up a school in Africa (Oprah wanna be?). And her running joke with Roddick at the AO was cute.

Tess Gray
01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Dont worry V, didnt ask anyone in particular :wavey: Should have put an "enter" there :lol: I agree, I think Rafa has more chance vs Roger than Nando.

Schu, it'll be hard not to look at any scores:lol:

Brownie
01-29-2009, 07:40 PM

It is hard! I had to avoid my internet homepage and stay off on MTF until I watched Roddick/Fed this morning. I was going nuts w/o the internet:lol:

~*BGT*~
01-29-2009, 10:07 PM
:hug: @ Jo & Danielle :awww: Wasn't meant to be. So who would you rather have facing Roger? Fernando or Rafa?

I want him to face whoever can beat him. :armed:

tennis lover
01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
:hug: I like both of them but Rafa is my favourite left in the tournament so I want him to win the whole thing. :dance:

Schu
01-30-2009, 12:12 AM

I know it NEVER works! I think I'll be safe and then some obscure news channel that never has sports will blurt out "and tennis great BLAH just won ..." or it pops up on my computer from out of no where.

rina
01-30-2009, 01:28 AM
bring on the rafa/federer final ... i like federer but i want rafa to hold onto number 1 for a while longer and the only way he cando so it to be winning everything.

...plus im loving the outfit this year, quite preppy :p

EternalxJourney
01-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I want him to face whoever can beat him. :armed:

:sad: that hurts. But unfortunately, I think Rafa will most likely beat Roger at the final. It's been a long time coming and I fully expect Rafa to come out with guns blazing.

Jo and Danielle :hug: I'm sorry for Andy's loss last night. He's not one of my favorite players but I really admire his tenacity and for getting up every time he falls down. This tournament has restored his confidence in his game, fitness, and the self-belief and I think he'll have a great 2009 season.

~*BGT*~
01-30-2009, 03:53 AM
:sad: that hurts. But unfortunately, I think Rafa will most likely beat Roger at the final. It's been a long time coming and I fully expect Rafa to come out with guns blazing.

Well, for your sake, I hope he wins 1 game instead of 0. :hug: :p

Jo and Danielle :hug: I'm sorry for Andy's loss last night. He's not one of my favorite players but I really admire his tenacity and for getting up every time he falls down. This tournament has restored his confidence in his game, fitness, and the self-belief and I think he'll have a great 2009 season.

That's why I love my Andy. :) I just have to hope that one day, he'll win his second slam. He deserves it more than anyone. :sobbing:

Venle
01-30-2009, 06:15 AM
I'm keeping my thumbs up, Danielle for another slam for him. :) Let's say US Open? ;)

Venla you're watching?:wavey:

Yeah, I watched the whole match. :D

Roger :yippee: (You guys are gonna kill me :p)

I wanted five sets though. Andy :awww:

Puschkin
01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
I won't, we are on the same side on this, and Roger will win the title. :p

Venle
01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
I won't, we are on the same side on this, and Roger will win the title. :p

So maybe I'll be saved :p :D

I hope so too, allez Roger!

Davodus
01-30-2009, 08:29 AM
i wont either, as ive been going for roger to win since gilles lost :)

tennis lover
01-30-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm keeping my thumbs up, Danielle for another slam for him. :) Let's say US Open? ;)

I wanted five sets though. Andy :awww:
Wimbledon! :banana:

:hug: of course not, everyone is allowed an opinion, life would be very boring if we all had the same favourites. :D

I wanted at least 4! :sobbing:

Rafa-Verdasco has been an amazing match so far! I missed the first and third sets (stupid lectures :ras: ) but it's been really good. I still want Rafa to win but this has been an incredible effort from Nando. :dance:

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
verdasco is a joy to watch right now, he seems so confident,not afraid to go for his shots
allez take that set!

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
omg verdasco is on fire!

I knew he is very talented but right now he's just so strong even mentally whereas it was his weakness before
he makes me having even more hope for richard because talent + mental stregh= DESTROYING TENNIS

Allez keep going fernando

reggie1
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Some people on GM have said that Verdasco is on a mission to show Ana what she's missing. Something has certainly happened to him over the off season. Maybe that's what richie needs, to get dumped!

reggie1
01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
It's a shame because whoever faces Roger has one day less of rest and will be tired after 5 sets. Roger has an unfair advantage imo.

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 01:27 PM
It's a shame because whoever faces Roger has one day less of rest and will be tired after 5 sets. Roger has an unfair advantage imo.

yes I think the same too but nadal has spent less time on the court than verdasco so if he win today dont think he will be that "tired"
federer is lucky there if compared to his opponent in that finale

tennis lover
01-30-2009, 01:32 PM
that fourth set TB from Nando was outstanding. :eek: :worship:

Davodus
01-30-2009, 01:40 PM
this match is insane...
but im a little glad they are going for so long, because i want roger to win :devil:

reggie1
01-30-2009, 01:43 PM
because i want roger to win :devil:
You can go off people you know! :lol::devil:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-30-2009, 01:43 PM
:wavey: Hey all.
This tennis match is exhausting me, even though I'm on the fence. :p I hope whoever wins has enough in the tank against Roger...even if ultimately I want Roger to win, I don't want the final to suck!
Vamos Rafa and Nando, how about 16-14 or some other long score? ;)

Davodus
01-30-2009, 01:47 PM
i don't really like either of these 2, and i'm quite enjoying this match, and going for verdasco

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 01:52 PM
i don't really like either of these 2, and i'm quite enjoying this match, and going for verdasco

me too and I like the fact that a player like verdasco can challenge that much nadal who beat him 6-0 in h2h
I wish him to finally beat him, he hit so many winners in that match, its just ridiculous!

reggie1
01-30-2009, 01:58 PM
I've found Verdasco really exciting to watch, his style has become quite explosive imo. He may have been like it before but tbh, I've never watched many of his matches. The first time I watched him properly is when he played Ancic at Wimbly.
Raffa is looking tired imo.

Davodus
01-30-2009, 02:03 PM
verdasco is exciting to watch, even though im not really a fan or anything
and i agree, rafa looks very tired

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Raffa is looking tired imo.

yeah but he's n°1 and its not for nothing.The guy has real mental strengh.
Verdasco is on pressure now,serve to stay on the match

Allez!

PinkFeatherBoa
01-30-2009, 02:05 PM
I guess Nando deserves this after putting so much in but a Fed/Rafa final would be a better contest. Nando is definitely playing the more :drool: tennis of course but that's too be expected. Rafa has always been so much in his head in the past though.
Sigh, it's nice to be able to just enjoy this match without pain!

Davodus
01-30-2009, 02:08 PM
i cannot believe that he just double faulted to lose

reggie1
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Oh that was so nice how Raffa went to hug Verdasco. I always get the feeling Raffa is a very warm person.

tennis lover
01-30-2009, 02:10 PM
:worship: that was amazing! I just hope Rafa has enough left to give it his all on sunday! VAMOS!!! :bounce:

I'm going to watch the replay of the first set now. :lol: :o

lisaplenske
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
well kind of expecting there.He was leading 30-00 on nadal serve at 4-4, he should have keep putting pressure on him but he didnt.
Nadal seemed so relieved!

reggie1
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that match, shame for Verdasco. He played so well.

Davodus
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
i enjoyed it too, bad way to end a great match
and it was over 5 hours :o
crazy

~*BGT*~
01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
I slept through most of it. :lol: I woke up 45 minutes after it started and then fell asleep, and then woke up in the 3rd set, right before the 4th set TB, and at 3-3 in the 5th. I thought, "They're still playing?" :lol:

Brownie
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
So definitely worth it to watch some of the match even though I know the outcome?

~*BGT*~
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
From what I saw yes. :worship: If you have TTC, it's on right now. The beginning of the 2nd set. Verdasco win the first in a TB.

Brownie
01-30-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm not at home right now:p but I'm dvring anything that has to do with AO so I'll check it out when I get home:)

Tess Gray
01-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Nandooo :awww::hug: What a great match that was!:) Shame he had to end it on a DF though :sad: It was like 3 hours into the match when Rafa hit his first BH winner:lol: and a few minutes later Fernando hit his first DF. Such a great quality of tennis:)

But I'm glad Rafa won. I think he has more chance against Fed in the final:D

reggie1
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Me too.
Can somebody explain what a "torrent" is to me please? And I don't want no explanations involving rain/liquid or water thank you.:o

Venle
01-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Wimbledon! :banana:

:hug: of course not, everyone is allowed an opinion, life would be very boring if we all had the same favourites. :D

I wanted at least 4! :sobbing:

Rafa-Verdasco has been an amazing match so far! I missed the first and third sets (stupid lectures :ras: ) but it's been really good. I still want Rafa to win but this has been an incredible effort from Nando. :dance:

Wimbledon, that would be great too! Twice he's made it to the final.

Indeed ;) :hug:

Rafa - Verdasco :worship: Simply amazing, amazing.

reggie1
01-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Andy's finals against Roger have actually been a bit heartbreaking, especially, he's speeches. I remeber when he said "I bought the sink today but Roger bought the bath!"

tennis lover
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
So definitely worth it to watch some of the match even though I know the outcome?
absolutely yes. it was a truly amazing match! :D
Me too.
Can somebody explain what a "torrent" is to me please? And I don't want no explanations involving rain/liquid or water thank you.:o
a torrent is when a file is split into lots of smaller files so when you download it you can download different parts of it from different people at the same time rather than all from the same person and people also upload it from you. so if there are a lot of other people downloading it at the same time you can download it quite quickly but if there aren't many people online it can be quite slow. that is a terrible explanation, I'm sorry! :o
Wimbledon, that would be great too! Twice he's made it to the final.
I know. :sobbing:
Andy's finals against Roger have actually been a bit heartbreaking, especially, he's speeches. I remeber when he said "I bought the sink today but Roger bought the bath!"
I know! :sobbing: I was at the final in 2005 (when Roger thrashed him), I was so sad for him. :sad:

Brownie
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Me too.

Check your PM:)

PinkFeatherBoa
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM

Absolutely yes!!! It was a great contest. :yeah:

Nandooo :awww::hug: What a great match that was!:) Shame he had to end it on a DF though :sad: It was like 3 hours into the match when Rafa hit his first BH winner:lol: and a few minutes later Fernando hit his first DF. Such a great quality of tennis:)

But I'm glad Rafa won. I think he has more chance against Fed in the final:D

I agree with this, Rafa vs Fed will be a better contest in the final. I like both so I shall be sort of on the fence again. :lol: Though I do want Roger to get slam number 14. :)

I was at that match! :sobbing: I want Wimbledon for Andy so much but now I feel like the opportunity has gone. :awww: There was a stupid rain delay in that match when Andy had the momentum and :ras: the rest was history. However Andy this year has given me renewed hope...

~*BGT*~
01-30-2009, 11:54 PM
All, I have PM'd Neely about our situation and will let you know what she says. :wavey:

EternalxJourney
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Some people on GM have said that Verdasco is on a mission to show Ana what she's missing. Something has certainly happened to him over the off season. Maybe that's what richie needs, to get dumped!

In order to get dumped, doesn't he need get a girl first? I'd volunteer but I have a feeling Danielle will beat me to it.

*MJP*
01-31-2009, 01:13 AM
Hey guys! Awesome match last nite! Sadly i only got to see the last 2 sets! We had a power black out last nite! Still fantastic quality match. Nando played out of his mind, gave Nadal a bit of a shock! I havn't seen nadal look soo concerned, did u see the look on his face during the 7-1 tiebreak?

*MJP*
01-31-2009, 01:24 AM

wow! did she dump him? I only heard a couple of days ago that they werent together any more. Wonder what happened:confused:

Schu
01-31-2009, 05:58 AM
It's safe again to come back to MTF. I actually managed to go about 18 hours without learning the result of the Nando - Nadal match. I had to close my eyes everytime I went to my home page at work cuz I knew that it would be on the sports headlines somehow. I just finished seeing the replay on the Tennis Channel - Great match! I like both, Fernando better (he's been one of my headcase favorites for a long time, but he's not a headcase anymore, except for the 2 DF in the last game). Guess i'll have to go into hiding again for the Fed/Nadal match because doubt i'll stay awake through a match that starts at 2:30 am for me.

Verdasco is going to soar in the rankings and it bums me out to know that even after 3 "good" (in relative terms)tournaments Richard's ranking will go DOWN. It's not about the ranking but a better ranking saves him from meeting up with top players in the early rounds. And some of the players ranked above him are :tape: But as a old coach of mine used to say, if you are going to win a tournament, you'll have to beat the top players at some point, so don't whine about the draw and just beat them.

reggie1
01-31-2009, 09:55 AM
Verdasco is going to soar in the rankings and it bums me out to know that even after 3 "good" (in relative terms)tournaments Richard's ranking will go DOWN. It's not about the ranking but a better ranking saves him from meeting up with top players in the early rounds. And some of the players ranked above him are :tape: But as a old coach of mine used to say, if you are going to win a tournament, you'll have to beat the top players at some point, so don't whine about the draw and just beat them.
I agree with this tbh, a discussion had started over on one of the other threads but I decided to stay out of it once Richie21 reared his head but I do think this is a problem for Richard. He is likely to get tougher draws from now on. Do we know what his ranking will be now? Somebody mentioned Gulbis and I think he is a prime example of somebody who is unable to progress and get ranking points because he meets such tough opponents first round. Are we all now talking tennis on the chat thread? :lol: I agreed with some of what Simplet said but felt I didn't want to actually say it on the other thread as it just gets "bloody!". I liked Amira's post, very positive and as she said, anything is possible.:cool:

reggie1
01-31-2009, 10:02 AM
In order to get dumped, doesn't he need get a girl first? I'd volunteer but I have a feeling Danielle will beat me to it.

Yeah with a stick, a hammer, whatever she could find. Man, she'd be mean in that situation. I wouldn't want to take her on.:devil::lol:

Thank you Jo and Lauren for the Torrent talk :kiss: I love that kissy smiley, it makes me laugh everytime I see it!:D

Tess Gray
01-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Dinaraaaaaa :banghead: :awww: :hug:

Tess Gray
01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Guys I have a quesion. When you click on a profile, somewhere it says: referrals. What is that?:confused:

rina
01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
yeah ... what an anti climatic match, serena might as well play a brick wall :sad:
the nadal federer match better be a thriller, verdasco did not lose for nothing :mad:

tennis lover
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
Dina :( you were supposed the save the world from this! :sobbing:

Brownie
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
What a bummer of a match:awww: Dinara:hug:

Tess, I think referrals is if you invite friends to MTF.

tennis lover
01-31-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm closer. :angel: could get there a lot quicker! ;)

reggie1
01-31-2009, 04:02 PM
There was nothing on the t.v last night so I went through old pages of the funny photos thread and came across the strip club ones of Richie and Jo again. There is a lady in a red top who is in one of the photos and she must be about 60 and then if you look in the next photo, whilst Tsonga is dancing with some hot chick, Richie is dancing with the old lady in red! Somebody pointed it out on the picture thread and I couldn't stop laughing because of all the times I've said he likes the more mature female.:devil: it looks like he's dancing with Ruby Wax!!! :haha:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=8357&page=546

reggie1
01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
I felt sorry for Dinara, her face crumpled after her handshake as if she was going to burst into tears!:sad: I think the response to Serena winning was very muted from the Aussies. The commentator said "oh the crowd have gone wild!" Well not according to my t.v they didn't. It seemed more like polite recognition that she played a very good match but I didn't get the feeling that the crowd were with her at all. I think you would have to be very hard hearted not to feel for Dinara. She tried so hard to put a brave face on at the net and smiled at Serena really warmly when her heart must have been breaking :crying2:

Davodus
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
i felt really bad for dinara too
serena played so well, but i think if dinara had just held her first service game with her game points it would have been much closer
i think she was very mature though, and classy in how she acted after it. It must have been so hard to stand their smiling after that

reggie1
01-31-2009, 05:15 PM
i felt really bad for dinara too
serena played so well, but i think if dinara had just held her first service game with her game points it would have been much closer
i think she was very mature though, and classy in how she acted after it. It must have been so hard to stand their smiling after that
I thought that too, she really went up in my estimation. I heard her interviewed the other day and she sounded so sweet, she said that Marat was her idol and role model. (well, let's hope not for everything! :devil:)

Brownie
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
she said that Marat was her idol and role model. (well, let's hope not for everything! :devil:)

I don't think we have to worry;):lol:
Q. We are too far ahead, of course, but when Marat won his first Grand Slam he had some chilled vodka brought in. I'm just wondering what your preferred celebration beverage might be if that happens.

DINARA SAFINA: What did he brought?

Q. Vodka.

DINARA SAFINA: I'm not drinking any alcohol. The most you will see me drinking is some pure water.

Q. Afterwards? If you won?

DINARA SAFINA: I don't drink so much. Maximum I can drink is maybe glass of wine. I don't drink any alcohol.

Q. Are you planning to bring one day a bunch of boyfriends to cheer for you?

DINARA SAFINA: No, I'm not this kind of person. No, no.

~*BGT*~
01-31-2009, 10:30 PM

:haha: I actually had a dream after the Murray match that he was gonna ask me out... but I woke before he did. :sad:

~*BGT*~
01-31-2009, 10:54 PM
As Tessa inadvertently reminded me, I forgot to let you all know how Shanie (my cat) is doing. He is doing remarkably well and started doing better within just days of starting his treatment. He is 100% back to normal. :D

Brownie
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
:haha: I actually had a dream after the Murray match that he was gonna ask me out... but I woke before he did. :sad:
Wooooaahhhhh, for a minute I thought the world flipped upside down, and Murray was gonna ask you out. I was confused why you weren't revolted by that:lol:

As Tessa inadvertently reminded me, I forgot to let you all know how Shanie (my cat) is doing. He is doing remarkably well and started doing better within just days of starting his treatment. He is 100% back to normal. :D
That's great to hear:D

EternalxJourney
01-31-2009, 11:07 PM
Danielle, i'm glad your cat is better now. And I think you're gonna have to be the one to initiate, Richie seems way too shy to ask a girl out. But then I wonder who initiated that little tryst last year, Richie or serves_it_up?

~*BGT*~
02-01-2009, 02:15 AM
Wooooaahhhhh, for a minute I thought the world flipped upside down, and Murray was gonna ask you out. I was confused why you weren't revolted by that:lol:

Oh, I think I'd rather die. :sick:

Danielle, i'm glad your cat is better now. And I think you're gonna have to be the one to initiate, Richie seems way too shy to ask a girl out. But then I wonder who initiated that little tryst last year, Richie or serves_it_up?

You all are so funny. :haha: The thing is, I'm kinda passive too and I wait for the guy to make the first move. Well, one of us would have to make the first move or nothing will happen. :lol:

I don't know if you guys noticed the link in my sig, but that is a website that I am running. It is not Tsonga's official site (that is jwtsonga.com, but that is only in French). Well, the other webmaster has the contact info for Jo's management. If we can get our site traffic up and really stay on top of things, he will contact them and see if we can incorporate www.jowilfriedtsonga.com as either his official website or his official English site. If so, I'll have little perks like getting paid :p or meeting Jo and sitting in his players box during matches. :worship: And since I'm spending time in Paris this summer (actually at the same time as RG, Queen's, and Wimbledon, I can meet him, maybe Richie, Andy, Rafa, Evgeny.... :banana: oh please God let it happen. :sobbing:

EternalxJourney
02-01-2009, 05:28 AM
I just clicked on the link and it's very well made, esp. the dragon graphic on the homepage. I'll keep checking regularly and I hope the deal goes through....maybe then we can ask for favors? :D

~*BGT*~
02-01-2009, 06:22 AM
I just clicked on the link and it's very well made, esp. the dragon graphic on the homepage. I'll keep checking regularly and I hope the deal goes through....maybe then we can ask for favors? :D

Oh, I didn't do the design. Mike (the other webmaster) did all that. I just write posts. :lol: It's actually very easy. :) And yes, you may ask for favors? :angel: What would you want? :D

Tess Gray
02-01-2009, 01:59 PM
That's so cool Danielle! Hopefully the website will become his official english one :yeah:

Rafaaaaaaaaaa :worship::woohoo::hug::D:D I cannot even say how happy I am. WHat a great final :worship: Only thelast set wasn't great, but the rest was just :hatoff:

That speech by Fed :awww::hug:

lisaplenske
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
well I'm not happy about nadal win there cause I prefer federer better

sad for him too,he seemed so affected:sad::sad:

he won more points than nadal and still lost the match,tennis can be soo cruel

~*BGT*~
02-01-2009, 05:02 PM
I am really happy for Rafa. I gave him 0 chance to win... and he pulls it out in the 5th set!

RFK
02-01-2009, 05:03 PM
The presentation..
I was supporting Nadal through the match, but Fed seemed so upset at the end, it was very sad. :(

Tess Gray
02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Y'all don't happen to know something about the economy of Kazakhstan do you?:lol:

I have to write a paper about Kazakhstan:p Of all countries!! I've been researching for sometime now and i can honestly say, I didn't know a thing about this country. I didn't even know the capitol. :lol:

Jozie
02-01-2009, 06:21 PM
The presentation..
I was supporting Nadal through the match, but Fed seemed so upset at the end, it was very sad. :(

I supported Nadal as well, and like you, became overwhelmingly emotional when Fed broke down. I had a little cry as too. I am still upset hours later.
Just what are the chances of Rog winning another slam now? I just can't see this happening with so many talented players out there.

reggie1
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi girls,
I felt sorry for Fed as I really don't think he could help it but I felt really sorry for Raffa. He seemed so full of guilt and almost ashamed at his win! His face said it all. I have never seen somebody look so subdued to have won a grand slam. Fed has had many wins and now it's time for somebody else to have a chance, hopefully Richard!!!

~*BGT*~
02-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Y'all don't happen to know something about the economy of Kazakhstan do you?:lol:

I have to write a paper about Kazakhstan:p Of all countries!! I've been researching for sometime now and i can honestly say, I didn't know a thing about this country. I didn't even know the capitol. :lol:

I don't have a clue Tessa. :confused: Make a Borat reference. ;) :p

tennis lover
02-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Rafa! :banana: :yeah: I am so happy for him! :D thoroughly enjoyed the match, it was worth getting up for after just 2 hours of sleep! :lol:

poor Roger :hug: It broke my heart to see him so upset. :awww: I just wanted to give him a hug, it was so sweet when Rafa did! :hearts:

Davodus
02-02-2009, 05:11 AM
:bigcry:
i'm so sad after that final :sad: :o

Davodus
02-02-2009, 05:14 AM

they have been buying tennis players to represent them, so they must have some money :lol:

*MJP*
02-02-2009, 09:14 AM
I felt bad for Fed too:sad: He really gave his all & i got the feeling that he is having doubts whether he will win another grandslam now that Nadal has beaten him on the plexicushion - maybe, could be wrong:shrug: Roger is always soo emotional at the Aussie Open. Nadal played well tho & i really agree that it was Nadal's tournament to win or lose.

Tess Gray
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I don't have a clue Tessa. :confused: Make a Borat reference. ;) :p

lol :lol: I'll be sure to do that :p

they have been buying tennis players to represent them, so they must have some money :lol:

They have? Didn't know that. In the AO draw I saw 1 Kazakh player (voskoboeva, or something like that), wanted to follow her but she crashed out first round :p

EDIT: apparently she got to the 3rd round :o Whatever.

reggie1
02-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi girls,
have you got snow? we have and LOADS. Way more than normal. Schools are all shut, hooray!

Davodus
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
lol :lol: I'll be sure to do that :p

They have? Didn't know that. In the AO draw I saw 1 Kazakh player (voskoboeva, or something like that), wanted to follow her but she crashed out first round :p

EDIT: apparently she got to the 3rd round :o Whatever.

yeah she played for russia until midway through last year
i think karatantcheva or whatever her name is, is playing for them now too, and a couple of men are also moving across to play for them

Tess Gray
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
V, we´ve had some light snow... It´s barely even snow:o But it's supposed to get colder here in the next few days, so who knows:) So your girls had the day off?

Yeah Dave, I read that in her profile. I can definitely understand that decision to switch to Kazakhstan. I think I'd do the same thing :) Wouldn't you?

reggie1
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
The snow is really thick, about 15 cm and still falling. This country grinds to a halt when there is snow. Tess, did you hear that Raffa is meant to be playing Rotterdam?

Davodus
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
V, we´ve had some light snow... It´s barely even snow:o But it's supposed to get colder here in the next few days, so who knows:) So your girls had the day off?

Yeah Dave, I read that in her profile. I can definitely understand that decision to switch to Kazakhstan. I think I'd do the same thing :) Wouldn't you?

yeah i probably would :lol:

speaking of snow in holland..when i was there it was blowing horizontally in my face non stop for ages :o it was the first time i had ever seen snow and it was burning me haha :lol:

tennis lover
02-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Hi girls,
have you got snow? we have and LOADS. Way more than normal. Schools are all shut, hooray!
snow :hearts: we don't have as much as you. :awww: It has been snowing a little bit all day here but it got a lot heavier this afternoon and has started to stick a bit. More snow is forecast overnight and tomorrow so hopefully I will wake up to a sea of white. :dance: it's freeeeeeeeeeezing cold though, I had to walk to uni in the snow twice and my poor face didn't appreciate all the wind and snow. :lol:

Schu
02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Finally saw a replay of Nadal-Fed match - awesome shots!! I wanted Nadal to win but I felt SOOOO sorry for Fed. Even Nadal did - looked like he felt bad for winning (NOT!!). But Nadal seems like a nice, humble guy, No?

Freezing, snowing - BURRR. I'm thinking of you gals as I bask in another 65-70 degree sunny winter day. Actually it tuned a bit colder overnight, 55-60ish today :D But guess you guys will be the ones laughing in July-August when I swelter in 95+ degrees.

Tess Gray
02-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Tess, did you hear that Raffa is meant to be playing Rotterdam?
Of course I did:) Doubt if he will actually show up though. Or maybe lose in his first match. (You do know it's Rafa, with 1 F don't you;) I've seen you write it several times with two)

speaking of snow in holland..when i was there it was blowing horizontally in my face non stop for ages it was the first time i had ever seen snow and it was burning me haha
Snow? Seriously? :scratch: When were you here?
On your FB I saw a picture of you in a big clog :lol: I guess that was taken in Holland as well?:p

reggie1
02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I didn't but I call him Raffa as me and my friend call him Raffles. Silly really. :lol:
Oh, Jo be careful what you wish for, it's freezing here and the snow is really thick. I played in it with my girls in the garden and we were so cold and soaking wet. It just hasn't stopped all day. I've had enough of winter now, I want summer to come. I'm sick of wearing my big Parka coat and Ugg boots all the time. I want to wear my light summer jacket and my birkenstocks again :( The thing with weather like this is I just want to drink cups of tea all day and obviously a cup of tea is far too wet without a couple of biscuits and before I know it, I've had about 10 biscuits in one day! When it's like this I want comfort food. Must be natures way of helping us keep out the cold :o

Brownie
02-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I didn't but I call him Raffa as me and my friend call him Raffles. Silly really. :lol:
Oh, Jo be careful what you wish for, it's freezing here and the snow is really thick. I played in it with my girls in the garden and we were so cold and soaking wet. It just hasn't stopped all day. I've had enough of winter now, I want summer to come. I'm sick of wearing my big Parka coat and Ugg boots all the time. I want to wear my light summer jacket and my birkenstocks again :( The thing with weather like this is I just want to drink cups of tea all day and obviously a cup of tea is far too wet without a couple of biscuits and before I know it, I've had about 10 biscuits in one day! When it's like this I want comfort food. Must be natures way of helping us keep out the cold :o

I know how you feel Vicky:p It isn't snowing right now, but we have about 2 feet of snow on the ground (and some of the snow banks are probably 4 feet tall). This winter has felt particularly cold and gray compared to others, and the groundhog saw his shadow today, so 6 more weeks of winter:ras: I do love winter, but bring on the warmth, green grass, outdoor tennis playing, and flipflops!

Schu, I think it's (already) time for me to retire and move to where ever you are:lol:

And why isn't Richard playing tennis this week? I feel like it's off-season again:ras:

reggie1
02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi Lauren, we could alway wear our summer clothes indoors as a kind of silent protest.:(:lol:
I know, I'm bored without any tennis too. :rolleyes:

Brownie
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Whenever I wear shorts at the gym, I'll just say, "HA! Take that winter!!:ras:":lol:

I did see that there's a good livestream for Zagreb, and hopefully Mario will be playing tomorrow or Wednesday:D

Davodus
02-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Of course I did:) Doubt if he will actually show up though. Or maybe lose in his first match. (You do know it's Rafa, with 1 F don't you;) I've seen you write it several times with two)

Snow? Seriously? :scratch: When were you here?
On your FB I saw a picture of you in a big clog :lol: I guess that was taken in Holland as well?:p

yes that was in holland :p
i was there november 22, 23 and 24, and on the 23 we spent the whole day in the main part of the city, went to ann franks house and did some other stuff, and it snowed like crazy!

Venle
02-03-2009, 07:14 AM
:wavey:

I'm needing a new outfit on-court, I'm bored with playing in shorts :lol:

tennis lover
02-03-2009, 11:02 PM
is anyone else having Facebook issues? mine has been weird all day, not loading certain pages, not letting me post on people's walls etc...:awww: :scratch:

Brownie
02-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes!!! It's been so slow since last night, and I also can't post on peoples walls:p

*MJP*
02-03-2009, 11:15 PM
is anyone else having Facebook issues? mine has been weird all day, not loading certain pages, not letting me post on people's walls etc...:awww: :scratch:

My facebook has been a little strange the last couple of days also:rolleyes: Dunno why:confused:
The biggest issue with mine is trying to use the facebook chat atm.
Im sure it will settle down soon:)

Cloudygirl
02-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't do facebook chat. I never have it turned on. It's why I got rid of messenger just get loads of people moaning at me because I'm not replying quick enough. Way too much hassle.

*MJP*
02-04-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't do facebook chat. I never have it turned on. It's why I got rid of messenger just get loads of people moaning at me because I'm not replying quick enough. Way too much hassle.

:D I used to have messenger as well - it got a bit painful in the end trying to have conversations with like 8 different ppl:rolleyes: I only chat to my friends who are overseas on it, my aussie friends just write on my wall etc - much easier this way:)

Cloudygirl
02-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't love facebook but it is good to catch up with old friends etc. I have a lot of friends living in different places.

reggie1
02-04-2009, 09:33 PM
What's your real name Cloudygirl?

Cloudygirl
02-05-2009, 12:07 AM
Well thats a closely guarded secret

;) not really

My name is Vickie or Tor or any other nickname based around my name. I pretty much answer to them all.

*MJP*
02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
:wavey: Its nice to 'meet' you Vickie, Im Mel btw :)

Cloudygirl
02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Hi Mel.

reggie1
02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm Vicky too!

Brownie
02-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Well thats a closely guarded secret

;) not really

My name is Vickie or Tor or any other nickname based around my name. I pretty much answer to them all.

Hi Vickie, I'm Lauren:wavey:

Brownie
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey Danielle, are you going to watch the big game tonight? Celtics:banana: versus Lakers:ras:...it's on:armed:

xhr75019
02-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Guys, I started a new thread on an important issue. Have a look and give your 2 cents
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137802

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi guys :wavey:

Anyone on?:)

Brownie
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Tess:wavey: Still around?

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Still here :lol:

How are you?

Brownie
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm doing alright. Mario is cruising against Gabashvili.:) How are you doing?

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Ah Gabashvili... Can't stand him:lol:

Yeah I'm alright as well, a little tired;)I spent the last 72 hours representing Kazakhstan :rolleyes::lol:

Brownie
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I had never seen Gabashvili play before...he was getting mad and making tons of UEs. Representing Kazakhstan?:scratch: Were you doing that student government type thing at your school that you talked about before?

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I watched him play at a challenger close to where I live, and he's a real hot head:lol: He was angry about everything, smashed about 3 rackets:p

Yep, that's what it was:) Its called MUN (Model United Nations) and you had to write clauses and ammendments and debate about them. Was loads of fun. You also had to use the official parlementary language and stuff:lol:

Brownie
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Sounds like you probably learned a lot:yeah: Well, time to head to the gym...have a nice night:wavey:

Tess Gray
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Have a good work out!:) If that is possible:lol:

reggie1
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi Tess :hug:
I wondered how you were? I thought earlier today, you'd not been on here for a little while. That whole kazeksthan thing (I can't even spell it) sounds like hard going!