The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

~*BGT*~
01-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah I'm fine too. So excited it's finally weekend:lol:. Going to go out tonight and blow off some steam before my exams which start on wednesday :sad:

Just came by real quick to tell you all about my fantastic grade I got in my English class haha! I had to write a letter in which I complained about invitations I had ordered for my graduation party. Anyway, I got a 9.5 (out of 10) so I was really excited because writing a formal letter is also part of your exams:) I had 1 thing wrong, which was the most stupid mistake ever :lol: I had written that the date was 9th of January. Who in the world throws a graduation party in January... :rolleyes:

Lauren have fun in NYC. -27 :eek: Holy cr*p, that's really cold.

Great job! :D

Unfortunately Dav, I said my adress was in Holland :p

Hiya! :wavey: What's your name?:)

Mia. :p

tennis lover
01-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Hey Jo, I've been doing fine.
I've been studying, so I couldn't post everyday like I used to.
How are you, Jo? How have you been? :smooch:
I'm good thank you. I've been trying to study as well although it's not going so well, I have to start seriously doing some work soon though. :o :lol: Hope everything is going well for you. :hug:

my0118
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Mia. :p

Hey Danielle. ;) How are you? :smooch:

I'm good thank you. I've been trying to study as well although it's not going so well, I have to start seriously doing some work soon though. :o :lol: Hope everything is going well for you. :hug:

Thank you Jo. I'am almost done as a student.
How about you? Are you also almost done for school and is it time to get a job? ;) Whatever you do, you're gonna get through well. :)

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Nice to meet you. Call me Mia ;)
How about you? :D

Tess:p Big surprise huh ;) Actually it's Tessa, call me whatever you want!:D

I congratulated Guillyum on his FB page and he's written something back:lol: No big deal, just "thank you", but still nice. Ayane says it's actually him (she met him or something:shrug:) so it's nice of him to take the time.

reggie1
01-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Hi girls, Hi Mia.
I've just given Richie21 a piece of my mind on the other thread, I'm getting so tired of it! It also makes us not want to discuss anything negative about Richard (and of course he does have times when he plays badly, who deosn't?) as you know he will leap on it. I actually think his presence inhibits free discussion amongst us.

reggie1
01-17-2009, 04:54 PM

I congratulated Guillyum on his FB page and he's written something back:lol: No big deal, just "thank you", but still nice. Ayane says it's actually him (she met him or something:shrug:) so it's nice of him to take the time.
Mr "Perfect hair Mcdreamy" has written back to you? :cool:

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Yep he has:p Jealous much? haha

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 05:07 PM
This is his profile pic atm,he's cute :drool:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1922/146/66/1089723235/n1089723235_240015_9828.jpg

reggie1
01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
Jealous, Moi? Actually I think that was really nice that he wrote back. He probably quite likes it when he gets fans interested in him rather than Richard! Tell him we all like his hair and can he pass some of his haircare advice to Richard? :lol:

reggie1
01-17-2009, 05:11 PM
This is his profile pic atm,he's cute :drool:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1922/146/66/1089723235/n1089723235_240015_9828.jpg

He is old enough to be your FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I didn't say he's hot :o That would have been freaky. I said he's cute. Just like I say my neighboors dog is cute:o. But hey, you're more into his age-category, you take him :ras: More Richie for me :drool:

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Jealous, Moi? Actually I think that was really nice that he wrote back. He probably quite likes it when he gets fans interested in him rather than Richard! Tell him we all like his hair and can he pass some of his haircare advice to Richard? :lol:

He also wrote back to Cin, Ayane and Lamnathalie from MTF. So I wasn't the only lucky girl :lol: Notice how we're all girls btw:p Well, he's still a Frenchman I guess:lol::rolleyes:

Sure I'll write it on his wall, no problem. Just note that I will put your name under it :p

Tess Gray
01-17-2009, 05:27 PM
This was his old profile pic btw

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/146/66/1089723235/n1089723235_35825_4153.jpg

reggie1
01-17-2009, 07:53 PM

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v238/146/66/1089723235/n1089723235_35825_4153.jpg

"Aghhhh, how can I rid MTF of Richie21?" :lol: Did you mention MTF to him Tess? I'm not that into facebook, how do you get to write on someone's wall? Have you written on Richard's?

tennis lover
01-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you Jo. I'am almost done as a student.
How about you? Are you also almost done for school and is it time to get a job? ;) Whatever you do, you're gonna get through well. :)
Yeah, I finish in June. :scared: it's going to come around so quickly though, I'm not sure I'm ready for life as a proper grown-up yet! :o
He is old enough to be your FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
:haha: :haha: :haha: says the woman who was telling me not that long ago that age differences don't matter. :angel:

reggie1
01-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I finish in June. :scared: it's going to come around so quickly though, I'm not sure I'm ready for life as a proper grown-up yet! :o

:haha: :haha: :haha: says the woman who was telling me not that long ago that age differences don't matter. :angel:
Yes Jo, but Miss Gray is our Baby!!!!!!!!! :angel:

*Martolina*
01-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Girls&Boys :hug:
I'm so tired :tears:
finally tomorrow is Sunday :worship:
How're you?! :angel:

reggie1
01-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Martolina, I'm fine thank you. Finishing my project for college tonight and going on MTF to provide some light relief as it's so dull! How are you? how come you're so tired?

*Martolina*
01-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi Martolina, I'm fine thank you. Finishing my project for college tonight and going on MTF to provide some light relief as it's so dull! How are you? how come you're so tired?
Among the school, the preparation of the bday's party and Richard that playing the night (I wake up to see his match)..ohhh, I'm very tired!! The 30th january my professors write the card with the votes of half year and by next monday I will have every day much questions :sad:!! That you do during your time? :wavey::angel::hug:

~*BGT*~
01-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Hey Danielle. ;) How are you? :smooch:

I've been well. You've been busy with school I guess.

What exactly did you say to him?

Guille-YUM!!!!!!! :inlove: :drool: :lick: :hearts:

Venle
01-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Hello guys :wavey:

reggie1
01-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Hi Venla
How are you?

gasguet#1
01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Hi Vicky,& Venla:wavey:..... Not long now to the action starts in Melbourne;)
Can't wait..... I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa to arrive:devil:

reggie1
01-18-2009, 12:37 PM
I am so looking forward to it, 2 weeks of rows over the T.V and Sky Plus, burnt dinners, messy house and no food in the cupboards because I will need to be surgically removed from said T.V, yippeee!!! Oh, I suppose I'll have to find time to do the school run :o

RFK
01-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Hello everyone!
I haven't had much chance to come on recently, hope you are all well and looking forward to tomorrow - there might finally be some television coverage of tennis!
I might finally be able to see Richard in action!

Tess Gray
01-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi Katie :wavey:

"Aghhhh, how can I rid MTF of Richie21?" :lol: Did you mention MTF to him Tess? I'm not that into facebook, how do you get to write on someone's wall? Have you written on Richard's?
No, didn't mention MTF:p You can only watch someones profile and write on their wall when you are also a member of FB. ANd no I haven't written on Richie's wall yet, cause I dont think it's really him:shrug: I got an email last week with bday reminders, and his was on the 14th of January so... :p There are 2 Richie's on FB and I think I have the false one.

:awww: I am almost seventeen...

What exactly did you say to him?
Nothing interesting :p Just Happy birthday:) And he replied: thank you.

tennis lover
01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
she's legal! :angel: ;) but you're right, she should stay away from men because they are all idiots! :sobbing:

can't see Richie on the OOP so I assume he'll start Tuesday. They've very kindly put Andy on first so I shouldn't have to stay up too late to watch! :D :dance:

~*BGT*~
01-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Nothing interesting :p Just Happy birthday:) And he replied: thank you.

I thought you were expressing all of our appreciation for turning Richard around. :p Seriously. :lol:

reggie1
01-19-2009, 09:21 AM
I am almost seventeen...

I know, I'm just protective. :hug:

Tess Gray
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I thought you were expressing all of our appreciation for turning Richard around. :p Seriously. :lol:
I'm sorry to disappoint you:awww: But feel free to add him and do it yourself...:p

I know, I'm just protective. :hug:

:hug::lol:

lisaplenske
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
hi everyone:)

who gonna watch richard tonight?

Tess Gray
01-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Amira!

Still doubting, I only want to watch if there's a livestream... You?

Tess Gray
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Can any of you girls with economics help me with Keynes' Model? How can you find the multiplier? I just dont get it :confused:

~*BGT*~
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I can't. :unsure: I barely passed econ. :o

Tess Gray
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
:p Same here... I'll pass, but don't ask me how :o

tennis lover
01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I've never done any economics so I can't help I'm afraid. :shrug: I doubt there will be a livestream Tess (unless you pay for one). I'm probably just going to watch Murray because I can definitely get that on the BBC website and keep an eye on the scoreboard. Hopefully some more livestreams will pop up over the next two weeks though! :awww:

Tess Gray
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I definitely hope so:(!
I'm not getting up at 1am just for a scoreboard:lol: I'll watch the highlights or something:p

tennis lover
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
hopefully it'll be a quick match anyway! ;)

*Martolina*
01-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Hello World!!! How are you?!?
Last night I slept only 2 hours ;) for my bday's party
I received many presents, many beautiful jewels :rolleyes:
My friends made me a very good joke: my friends came to my house with a big pack, in this it was written: "Australia" :D:D..and I thought that there was Richard :p:p:p..I opened this pack bigger than me :devil::devil:..and you know what went?? :rolleyes: ..one of my male best friends with a tennis racket and a beautiful photo of Richard :hearts: on the face :haha::haha::rolls:. The evening was very nice but the return to school for me it was very hard!!

Venle
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi Venla
How are you?

Hi Reggie :hug:
I'm fine, thanks, enjoying the AO ;)
How are you?

Hi Vicky,& Venla:wavey:..... Not long now to the action starts in Melbourne;)
Can't wait..... I'm like a little kid waiting for Santa to arrive:devil:

Bren :wavey:
You going? :)

Venle
01-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Hello World!!! How are you?!?
Last night I slept only 2 hours ;) for my bday's party
I received many presents, many beautiful jewels :rolleyes:
My friends made me a very good joke: my friends came to my house with a big pack, in this it was written: "Australia" :D:D..and I thought that there was Richard :p:p:p..I opened this pack bigger than me :devil::devil:..and you know what went?? :rolleyes: ..one of my male best friends with a tennis racket and a beautiful photo of Richard :hearts: on the face :haha::haha::rolls:. The evening was very nice but the return to school for me it was very hard!!

Wow, sounds like a fun party :devil:

Awesome present :haha:

~*BGT*~
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
That does sound like a great gift. :p

PinkFeatherBoa
01-20-2009, 07:47 PM
I like the sound of that present, Marta. :lol:

Brownie
01-20-2009, 08:07 PM
What a thoughtful present:rolls:

Tess Gray
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Very cool present Marta:lol:

Lauren:wavey: How was NYC??

reggie1
01-20-2009, 08:26 PM
That present Marta!:devil:
Happy birthday. :bdaycake:
I'm fine thank you Venla, just have holes for eyes at the mo, through watching too much tennis :o:lol:

reggie1
01-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Tess, is it actually your birthday today or tomorrow?

Tess Gray
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
It's today V ;) the 20th

reggie1
01-20-2009, 09:01 PM
I did say happy birthday on the b/d thread and then thought have I got it wrong! Stupid me. :o
Anyway, again :bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake::aparty::aparty:

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 12:12 PM
oh em gee... my economics test went HORRIBLE :help: Ironically, one of the few things I know I got right was the multiplier:lol:. But apparently there was a mistake in the test... So there were 2 questions and 1 was completely wrong :o. So I studied for hours for some test that was basically all wrong :( Why don't the teachers check the exams they make :mad:. :ras:

reggie1
01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Oh Tess, that sounds a bit like my college course, a complete disaster!
You poor love. :worship::hug: You do wonder sometimes about these teachers? I know there are lots of wonderful teachers out there but unfortunately, mine doesn't seem to know her ar*e from her elbow and my eldest daughter has a blimmin' awful teacher at the moment. Really grumpy and unkind to the kids :rolleyes:

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
I know, it's so frustrating:(:lol:
Very little you can do about it I'm afraid:sad:

Anyone watching Tomic?

tennis lover
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
I watched some of the Tomic match. It was fairly inevitable once he lost the second set that it was over for him. :awww: He seems pretty good for 16 though, tonight was just a bit too much for him. I hope he isn't too disappointed. :hug: he really can't pull of the sleeveless shirt though! :o

Tess :hug: sorry your test went badly but surely if there was a mistake in the test they'll take that into consideration? :confused:

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
I know I was thinking the same thing :rolls: There are very few players that can pull off a shirt like that. But I liked him, hope to hear more about him in the next few years :)

I hope so :help: They probably will... but it just sucks that I've studied for so long only to make a test that I might have to take again now:(

Brownie
01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Oh Tess, how frustrating!:hug: Does your teacher realize there was a mistake?

Did anyone catch the end of the PHM-Delic match? They switched over the middle of the match on tv last night, but then I needed some sleep:zzz:. The crowd was really rowdy, and it seemed like a high-energy match. It went to 9-7 in the 5th set so I might try to see if it's recorded on my tv since it was probably an exciting ending.

tennis lover
01-21-2009, 01:53 PM
there were so many matches on last night I wish I could've seen. This is why GSs are so frustrating, it's impossible to watch them all! :lol: (especially with such a big time difference!) I wish I could've seen Santoro-Kohlschreiber and PHM-Delic, they sound like fun! :)

Brownie
01-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Santoro/Kohlscrieber...I'll see if I can find that one too.

I know! I try to watch 3 matches at once (I get so excited that there are tons of matches I want to watch at the same time), but then I get overloaded with video and my brain starts to hurt:lol:

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 02:17 PM
I watched Kohli vs Fabrice:):yeah: It was a really entertaining match. Santoro really is a magician... At the end of the match he could barely walk, he was cramping or something. He's 36 :eek: such a technically good player:)

Brownie
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Lauren:wavey: How was NYC??

Oops, just saw this:awww:

NYC was so much fun! Went out to a bunch of restaurants and cafes, did a little site-seeing, went bar hopping one night, picked out bridesmaids dresses, saw my friend's new cat--soooo cute! It was a busy weekend, but I think I've caught up on my sleeping now:)

Did I hear that this is Santoro's last year on tour? I haven't seen him play too much, but the few matches I did see, he was so entertaining!

~*BGT*~
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Well everyone. My cat has been doing really badly. He hasn't eaten in days, has lost a lot of weight and he barely drinks any water. He has no energy and can only go for a few steps before sitting. We're gonna take him to the vet when I get back from class. I'll update you all in a few.

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Àww, sorry to hear that Danielle :sad:

Hope the vet can help.

Brownie
01-21-2009, 04:01 PM
That's so sad Danielle...I hope the vet can figure out what's wrong:sad:

Brownie
01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey oranges (if you are around, and being our resident Croat:)), how do you pronounce Cilic?:scratch: Is is more like "Sill-ich" or "Chill-ich" or something completely different?

Venle
01-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Danielle :hug: Best of my wishes to your cat :awww:

I watched Federer - Korolev today by the way, your boy has very nice strokes, fun to watch. :) I bet he'll become something great.

tennis lover
01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
NYC was so much fun! Went out to a bunch of restaurants and cafes, did a little site-seeing, went bar hopping one night, picked out bridesmaids dresses, saw my friend's new cat--soooo cute! It was a busy weekend, but I think I've caught up on my sleeping now:)
sounds like a good weekend to me! :yeah:
Well everyone. My cat has been doing really badly. He hasn't eaten in days, has lost a lot of weight and he barely drinks any water. He has no energy and can only go for a few steps before sitting. We're gonna take him to the vet when I get back from class. I'll update you all in a few.
:hug: I hope everything is ok. :hug:

~*BGT*~
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Just came back from the vet. After examining him and since he's obese, she thought he might be diabetic (which is treatable) or have a fatty liver (which is not treatable :sad: ) So, she did some blood work and his liver and kidneys were healthy; his blood sugar was slightly high, but not diabetic. But he had a low white and red blood cell counts so he had an infection and he was anemic, which is totally treatable. :D She prescribed some antibiotics and he should be better in no time. :woohoo:

Brownie
01-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Phew!! I'm so happy for you that it's the stuff that isn't so serious:hug::) You must have been nervous when she was examining him!

~*BGT*~
01-21-2009, 07:17 PM
The vet assistant took him temperature (through his butt :tape: ) and Shanie didn't react to it. but when he tried to take a fecal sample, he went crazy!! The vet assistant said he felt a blockage so he might have hurt him, but after he tried it again with some extra lube, he was fine. She also had to take a blood sample and had to shave him neck. But overall, he behaved pretty well.

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Good, happy it's nothing serious:D

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey oranges (if you are around, and being our resident Croat:)), how do you pronounce Cilic?:scratch: Is is more like "Sill-ich" or "Chill-ich" or something completely different?

I think it's chill-ich..

Brownie
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I think it's chill-ich..

That's what I thought too, but I've heard English-speaking commentators say it both ways:shrug:

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Well, most english-speaking commentators are... quite awfull:lol: Especially the american ones:o:p... But I'm not sure on the Cilic case. But it would be the most sensible to me...:)

tennis lover
01-21-2009, 07:56 PM
awww, I'm glad it's not too serious Danielle. :hug:

~*BGT*~
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
That's what I thought too, but I've heard English-speaking commentators say it both ways:shrug:

Well, those other ones are wrong. :p It's Chill-ich.

Tess Gray
01-21-2009, 09:26 PM
I just had to post this pic... both Richie and Guillyum look great :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v334/246/81/598983042/n598983042_860986_4263.jpg

Schu
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v334/246/81/598983042/n598983042_860986_4263.jpg

Merci! Got to be the best looking player/coach combo on tour. turn around Richie :D. glad to see he's working on the t-shirt tan.

Brownie
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM

Absolutely! Thanks Tess:)

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Merci! Got to be the best looking player/coach combo on tour. turn around Richie :D. glad to see he's working on the t-shirt tan.

I think so too :hearts: although, I think Nadal and Uncle Toni can give them a run for their money, but that's jmo. :angel:

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
I hate the new ESPN scoreboard. :( I woke up with the Murray match on my TV and thought he was down 2-0 sets but he's actually up 2-0 sets. I was ready to have a great laugh and gloat. :o

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah they too make a good couple... But Toni is a little bit older then Peyre isnt he? I think I prefer Peyre...
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/43031000/jpg/_43031667_toni_getty_416.jpg

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Awww, if only that were the case Dan:p Unfortunately, he just won in straight sets. Eventhough I don't like him at all :help: I can't help but respect him for the amazing tennis he's been playing over the last few months... really impressive.

I hope Fed, Nole or Rafa will kick his ass next time they're playing (:D)

reggie1
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Awww, if only that were the case Dan:p Unfortunately, he just won in straight sets. Eventhough I don't like him at all :help: I can't help but respect him for the amazing tennis he's been playing over the last few months... really impressive.

I rather hope they don't :o:o:o:o:tape::tape:
I think to be fair to him he has really upped his game, he realised that what he was doing before was never going to be good enough to keep up with the big boys and he has taken his physical training and mental match toughness and just general practicing to another level,he has worked so hard and i have to respect him for that. It kills me to see Richard has been left so far behind him because at one point they were pretty much level but Richard always had the more natural talent. I just don't know what it is with Richie? My first allegiance is always to Richard and I want him to win whoever he plays (just in case Danielle wants to beat me up!)

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Wondering the same thing, V. But I guess it's a conversation we've all had a few times. I hate to say it, but some people are just never going to really make it, no matter how talented they are. Maybe he needs to step up is training, maybe he's already giving it all he has. Or maybe he just wants to play tennis, make a little money and enjoy it all... (a little like Safin nowadays). Maybe it's something personal, maybe it's not... Who knows. I think you would really have to know him to answer any of these questions.

But I don't think he's playing Safin-style... When I read Gael's blog for example, it said:"I hope Richard gets the succes he deserves, cause he's a nice guy and he's training so hard.." etc. So I guess he wouldnt write that unless Richard really does want this.

reggie1
01-22-2009, 03:25 PM
I think you're right. I only moan because I want him to have that success. I'll have to read Gael's blog, is it good? Gael writes it himself does he?

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah he writes it himself... It's in msn French though:lol: But I like it a lot. In his last blogentry he's answering fan questions so that's really cool :lol:

http://www.orangeblog.fr/web/jsp/blog.jsp?blogID=61755

reggie1
01-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Tess, I'll have a look. Richard doesn't do anthing like this does he?

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Nope not as far as I know... Would be fun if he did wouldn't it:D? Or maybe an ATP blog?

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah they too make a good couple... But Toni is a little bit older then Peyre isnt he? I think I prefer Peyre...

I like Uncle Toni's silver-ing hair. It gives him character. :p

I was really thinking of mean things to say to the MurrayTards. :o

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
:lol: Are you in a mean mood?:awww: Well don't go after vicky... you know she's on our side when it comes down to it:p Richie over Muzza :rocker:

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 04:37 PM
That would mean he got to the final. :p

reggie1
01-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Nope not as far as I know... Would be fun if he did wouldn't it:D? Or maybe an ATP blog?Yeah, it would be interesting to see how many times he could fit "Fo Shoo" into a paragraph. :o:lol:

reggie1
01-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I would always want Richie to win over Muzza, I am not a Muzzatard, I do have resepct for him though and I enjoy his game and it's nice to watch him and know he is likely to win. All the players I follow and like are headcases, well, not Jo and Gilles, I mean I really like Paulo, help me, I need therapy after his matches!

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I honestly dont see why people like Gilles :shrug: He hasn't got an attractive game, he doesnt have an attractive personality... Well not to me anyway:lol:

Vicky, I dont think he'll be writing his own blog then:o Or maybe he should.. it'd be a laugh I reckon:lol:

reggie1
01-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I honestly dont see why people like Gilles :shrug: He hasn't got an attractive game, he doesnt have an attractive personality... Well not to me anyway:lol:

Vicky, I dont think he'll be writing his own blog then:o Or maybe he should.. it'd be a laugh I reckon:lol:

I admire his grit and determination and the fact that he's not 6 foot 10" but gives the really big players a run for their money. I actually like his personality, he is modest but has self belief, although I didn't like what he said the last time he played Richard.

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I always feel as if Gilles isn't really a part of "thre Frenchies", you never really hear any of the others talk about him. Well now they do, since they're constantly asked about it by journalists and stuff... But he doesn't really seem to be a friend of theirs... But maybe that's just my impression. :shrug:

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 05:47 PM
I always feel as if Gilles isn't really a part of "thre Frenchies", you never really hear any of the others talk about him. Well now they do, since they're constantly asked about it by journalists and stuff... But he doesn't really seem to be a friend of theirs... But maybe that's just my impression. :shrug:

Brownie
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I admire his grit and determination and the fact that he's not 6 foot 10" but gives the really big players a run for their money.
I feel the same way about his game. And he has such a quirky personality. Not afraid to be honest in pressers, and he seems to have a great (and kind of weird) sense of humor. Gilles is so different from Richard, but I <3 them both:) Well, they do have their love of video games in common, I suppose:lol:

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
I think all men have that in common :rolls:

reggie1
01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
I agree with both of you, I don't think Gilles is as friendly with them. I think he is very honest and calls it how he sees it. I think he can come across as brittle and maybe the others don't always get him. Gilles and Jo are quite close though as I remember reading in the off season that Gilles and Jo had shared rooms when they were younger when at tournies and they stayed up late talking when they should have been sleeping and that they used to talk about their hopes and dreams etc..
I've often wondered if Richard is a little bit removed from THEM as he was so much better than them from an early age and the one that got all the attention, it must have caused a bit of jealousy as these are pofessional atheletes with big egos no matter shy and humble they may come across.
Matts Wilander was commentating on Eurosport and he said when he was the coach of PHM the competition between the frenchies was fierce and that they all so wanted to French number one, anything else regarding ATP rankings didn't really matter to them. It was being the French number one that counted. I wonder how Richie really feels to now be number 4? I reckon it eats him up really.

Brownie
01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I think all men have that in common :rolls:
Haha, so true:lol: Did you ever see the video of Rafa, Pics, and co. playing ps2 soccer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KplCJj-x96E&eurl=http://www.downthelinetennis.com/search/label/Rafael%20Nadal The blog I saw it on originally said they were playing strip ps2 (hence Rafa in his underwear):lol:

I wonder how Richie really feels to now be number 4? I reckon it eats him up really.
You think so? I would imagine the opposite, and it's better to be out of the spotlight for a bit:shrug: I would think being in the top 10 and/or winning a major tournament would be a much greater priority than being french no. 1.

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 08:07 PM
And still pics is wearing his watch... does he ever take it off :rolls:

Brownie
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Only if he has nothing else to take off:lol:

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Do I want to get into that...? :scratch:

Damn it I lost my SD-card :( I thought it was in my phone and now it's gone?:lol: I must have taken it out and forgotten where I put it...

Brownie
01-22-2009, 08:24 PM
Ummmm, no, probably not:lol:

An SD-card?

reggie1
01-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Lauren, I reckon we will get told off for those pics we've put on the picture thread!

Brownie
01-22-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, possibly...

reggie1
01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
We're only joking though. That pic of that lady makes me laugh.

reggie1
01-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I took mine off lauren I've been told off in the past :o

Brownie
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
I removed mine too...Tess commented about them:lol:

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 08:42 PM
It's called an SD-card in english is it... it has to be :confused:

http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50257482/SD_Card.jpg

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 08:43 PM
*sigh* now I'll have to edit my post as well... :lol:

Brownie
01-22-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh right...I have one in my camera. I have no idea what it's called (I just call it a memory card). Good luck finding it, they're so little!

Tess Gray
01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, I give up... can't find it anywhere. I'll have to buy a new one.

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 09:56 PM

I think Gilles is a sweetheart. :inlove: His personality comes across in his English interviews better than any other French player.

And Lauren.. did you watch Mario win yesterday? :woohoo:

Brownie
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
And Lauren.. did you watch Mario win yesterday? :woohoo:
I watched the first part but fell asleep in the 3rd set, so I didn't see him win. But I'm super excited that he won:woohoo: Even though Karlovic is boring to watch, I'm downloading the match so I can watch the end:lol: He's playing Simon next:ras:, but I've decided just to enjoy the match and hope some great tennis comes out of both of them:)

~*BGT*~
01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
I had the live stream on my desktop but was barely paying attention... until I saw Mario had 0-40 to break and serve for the match, then I was at attention. :lol: What shocked me is that he had only 8 aces the entire match. :eek:

tennis lover
01-23-2009, 12:14 AM
*is intrigued about the pictures that were taken down given the nature of the discussion* :devil:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 12:32 AM
:lol: It wasn't anything exciting actually. We were just talking about Richie's neck and things it reminded us of so I put up the painting "Madonna with the Long Neck" by Parmigianino and Vicky put up a photo of a lady with one of those neck elongating necklace thingys. Didn't belong in the Richie picture thread, but it wasn't risqué or anything:lol:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
What shocked me is that he had only 8 aces the entire match. :eek:

Pretty crazy, especially for a 5-setter!

reggie1
01-23-2009, 09:27 AM
:lol: It wasn't anything exciting actually. We were just talking about Richie's neck and things it reminded us of so I put up the painting "Madonna with the Long Neck" by Parmigianino and Vicky put up a photo of a lady with one of those neck elongating necklace thingys. Didn't belong in the Richie picture thread, but it wasn't risqué or anything:lol:
Yeah, we were scared we'd get told off! :angel: Lauren, have you seen the pic of mario in the funny photos thread with the ice bags on his head, he looks like Mickey Mouse!

~*BGT*~
01-23-2009, 09:43 AM
I've got it. What this thread need is more Ancic. :p

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/08/fullj.637d7e3584c2e24646caca9b4eb0d7d6/637d7e3584c2e24646caca9b4eb0d7d6-getty-tennis-open-aus-ancic.jpg

reggie1
01-23-2009, 10:17 AM
BTW thanks Danielle for sticking up for me on picture thread. Is that Glen Mirnyi (or whatever his name is) Radek's fan boy? Some people on there are so sure bloody sure of themselves, condescending and up their own arses. I think if they're like that at 22 what the hell will they be like when their older? Also, I am not going to argue with Richie21, you're right as it's pointless. ;)

~*BGT*~
01-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Glenn, or Gustavo, really is a big jerk. He's mean, rude, condescending, stubborn, never gives in, never listens to reasoning... every player is mindless, braindead, a choker, a cheater, a doper, a prick, a clown, a mug... he was banned from GM for like 6 or 7 months in 2007 and 2008. He used to allude to Rafa and doping allegations, but the mods stopped that because you can get banned for making those without proof.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I hate Glenn :rolleyes: He's such a prick... espeially since he's started to fanboy Radek. Really annoying. Although, every now and then he gets a laugh out of me because he can make some really funny comments:lol: But I try not to laugh cause it's him :ras:

reggie1
01-23-2009, 12:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/aus09/columns/story?columnist=tandon_kamakshi&id=3851105 I found this article about Jo, Gilles, Richard and Gael on Gille's board. I didn't put this in Richard's articles as I know some of the others don't like the other three frenchies.

reggie1
01-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I hate Glenn :rolleyes: He's such a prick... espeially since he's started to fanboy Radek. Really annoying. Although, every now and then he gets a laugh out of me because he can make some really funny comments:lol: But I try not to laugh cause it's him :ras:Yeah sometimes he is funny but you can be funny without being totally obnoxious,a lesson that seems to have eluded him. Fast Clay makes me laugh at times. Glen to me, just wants attention. Bit of a saddo really. :o

Brownie
01-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I looooove Mario's ice ears/necklace/vest pictures:lol: So adorable:inlove:

Thanks for posting the article. Gilles really hates facebook, eh?

reggie1
01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I looooove Mario's ice ears/necklace/vest pictures:lol: So adorable:inlove:

Thanks for posting the article. Gilles really hates facebook, eh?

To be honest I kind of agree with him. I only joined it to look at the tennis players profiles, half of them are probably fake, I never actually added anything to mine and then disabled it. I think I must be a miserable old cow.:o I wonder if he was having a dig at Richard, as Richard is meant to be on it all the time. :confused:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 02:27 PM
To be honest I kind of agree with him. I only joined it to look at the tennis players profiles, half of them are probably fake, I never actually added anything to mine and then disabled it. I think I must be a miserable old cow.:o I wonder if he was having a dig at Richard, as Richard is meant to be on it all the time. :confused:

Possibly:shrug: I think facebook is great. It's a good way to stay in touch with friends from high school and college.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 02:31 PM
It's a nice read Vicky, thanks :)

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah I agree, I think it's a good way to stay in touch with friends who maybe move away or whatever:) Besides, I know some of the people on FB are real... Some who have confirmed it. They're not all fake:lol:

reggie1
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Lauren, this is another article about Gilles, he talks about not going to the strip club with Richard and Jo, it's really sweet. Sorry Tess, I know you don't like him. But Richie and Jo are mentioned in the article. :angel:
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20080318/Interview_from_Indian_Wells_with_Gilles_Simon_

reggie1
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, i think facebook is a bit of a generational thing. I am TOO old! :o:lol:

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 02:47 PM
No I dont dislike him... I'm kindof neutral towards him ;) And don't worry I've gotten over the fact that you like Muzza as well didn't I:p

reggie1
01-23-2009, 02:51 PM
No I dont dislike him... I'm kindof neutral towards him ;) And don't worry I've gotten over the fact that you like Muzza as well didn't I:pThanks, I'm actually lucky you lot still talk to me:o:lol:
I've been lurking on Jo's boards a bit and made a few posts, they all seem nice on there too.

tennis lover
01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Possibly:shrug: I think facebook is great. It's a good way to stay in touch with friends from high school and college.
me too, this is why I use it. I don't add sports people or anything like that (although I am a member of some fan pages but they are official things and I rarely check them anyway), I just like sharing photos with friends and keeping in touch with people, especially if they're overseas. :shrug: I love it! :lol:

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 02:58 PM
yes... it's because we are so extremely nice we can forgive you your sins:o

Yeah, they're ok. Not really that many people there which surprises me actually! :scratch: There are many more here on Richard's board.

Brownie
01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Lauren, this is another article about Gilles, he talks about not going to the strip club with Richard and Jo, it's really sweet. Sorry Tess, I know you don't like him. But Richie and Jo are mentioned in the article. :angel:
http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20080318/Interview_from_Indian_Wells_with_Gilles_Simon_
Oh yes, I think I came across that article before.

Yeah, facebook probably is generational, but (for better or for worse) my mum has recently started using it and found some high school friends she hasn't talked to in probably 25 years...she's pretty excited about that.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 03:19 PM
My mum recently also got FB :lol: She was like... I want to read the comments under your photos:p She has 2 friends... Me & a girlfriend:lol:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Haha, your mom is facebook stalking you;)

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Nah... she doesn't even know how it works. The other day I was still logged in and she wanted to check her FB. She was like: so when people go to FB.com they all get on your page? Don't you think that is risky?

I was like: yeah well, you gotta take risks in life:lol:

reggie1
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
That is so sweet with your Mum and facebook. That will probably be me with my girls.
To see somebody's profile, they have to accept you as a friend don't they? I know you can see their friends though can't you? I'm not entirely sure how it all works. MSN is a complete mystery to me, is that similar to facebook? God, I'm really showing my age. :o:o:o
You're right about Jo's boards Tess, not so many people on there. TBH I don't think he was that well known until last year. Richard's been playing for ages and has had lots of time to build his fan base in comparison. The first time I had ever heard of him was when Richard was interviewed at Wimbly and they asked Richard if he felt under Pressure because Tsonga and Monfils were injured. I first saw Gilles play in the summer at an American Grass court tournie which he went on to win I think. I wasn't paying much attention but then started following ATP more closely and saw that he kept winning. I also noticed Gilles because he is a dead ringer for Joaquin Pheonix.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
No MSN is a bit different :) Msn is a chatprogramme, while FB is morelike your own page, where you can add pics and videos and stuff but also with a chatfunction. I like MSN more because you can have personal emoticons and stuff... and you get a reply back within seconds.

Yeah you can see your friend's friends, but you can only see their profile when they accept your friendrequest. Get it?:lol:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Nah... she doesn't even know how it works. The other day I was still logged in and she wanted to check her FB. She was like: so when people go to FB.com they all get on your page? Don't you think that is risky?

I was like: yeah well, you gotta take risks in life:lol:
:haha: cute!

reggie1
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Do you get your own msn address which you give out? bit like email.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Yeah you log in with you email adress ;)

EDIT: or at least I do. Some people have seperate accounts.

Brownie
01-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Vicky, who's your new avi?

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah, where'd nerd boy go?

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:01 PM
and...Tess, who's that in your new avi?

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:03 PM
:lol: Yeah I figured I'd change it as well:p

It's Sarah Riani, a french singer.

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh cool...she's pretty:)

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah she is! And she has a pretty good voice as well, nor spectacular but nice to listen to.

Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Watching tennis:lol: and the bf is visiting (I warned him beforehand that there would be a lot of tennis watching going on). We'll probably try to go snowshoeing or cross-country skiing at some point though since we have SO MUCH snow:)

How about you?

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Poor guy:lol:
Snow? Cool! So is snowshoeing something like langlaufen?

My weekend'll be a combo between watching tennis(:banana:) and studying for my last 4 exams (:sad:)

~*BGT*~
01-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh cool...she's pretty:)

Not that I don't approve of Richard ;) but I miss Mario in your avy. :awww:

reggie1
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
It's henry Cavill the actor from the tudors. When I had Billy Bunter I had a couple of people p.m me asking who it was. :lol: it got me noticed. I was going to use Bubbles Devere from Little Britain but could only find naked pictures of her :o I thought that might be a bit much. ;) so I traded nerd for hotness :devil:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
We got about 2 feet last weekend:eek:

Hehe, I have no idea what that is. But I googled it, came across the Dutch wiki site (dutch is such a funny language to look at!), and no...langlaufen is cross-country skiing. This is snowshoeing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe

It's just like walking through the snow with huge feet. It makes it so you don't sink as far down, but it is still pretty slow walking (not like skiing).

You always seem like you're taking tests:hug:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Not that I don't approve of Richard ;) but I miss Mario in your avy. :awww:
Mario will be back. But Mario and Gilles are playing each other tonight:p, and I don't want to favor one over the other, so I switched to Richie for the night:) Edit: solved the problem and put both of them in the avi;)

It's henry Cavill the actor from the tudors. When I had Billy Bunter I had a couple of people p.m me asking who it was. :lol: it got me noticed. I was going to use Bubbles Devere from Little Britain but could only find naked pictures of her :o I thought that might be a bit much. ;) so I traded nerd for hotness :devil:
Oh right, we've talked about him before. Very handsome! Haha, naked pics probably would be a bit much;)

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah now I recognize him! I had him as avi on msn for a while:) Never seen the shows he's in, but he's really hot:angel:

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Nederlands is helemaal geen rare taal om naar te kijken:o Het heeft heel veel woorden uit het engels, duits en frans (ook uit het zweeds, maar ik kan geen zweeds). Maar ik denk dat je alle vier de talen redelijk moet beheersen om die overeenkomsten te zien:p

Translation:
Dutch is not a weird language to look at:o It has loads of words from the english language as well as the german and french language (it also looks a lot like Swedish, but I don't know any swedish). But I guess you have to know a little about all four languages to see the similarities:p

Oh, now I recognize the snowshoes. In cartoons they always look like tennisrackets:lol: Never seen any in real-life though.

Brownie
01-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I don't mean funny in a bad way! I love all the repeated vowels (like "aa"), how many k's there are, and how some words seem to last forever. I know a lot of words are similar to english, they just look so different.:)

Hehe, yeah, they do look like tennis rackets. They are awkward to walk in, but I just got some new ones that are slimmer, so they aren't so bad.

Tess Gray
01-23-2009, 04:59 PM
There are many k's ?:scratch: Never noticed that before:lol: Actually, most dutch people don't know dutch themselves really well (in writing) because dutch grammar is really difficult. We had a test of dutch grammar two weeks ago, and more than 50% failed miserable:lol: How pathetic is it that we're almost adults and don't know our own language perfectly :help::lol:

So you don't ski or snowboard?

Brownie
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow! 50%? Ouch:lol:

Nope, I don't ski or snowboard. You? (did we have this conversation before with the crazy polka parties after skiing?:lol:)

tennis lover
01-23-2009, 05:57 PM
My mum recently also got FB :lol: She was like... I want to read the comments under your photos:p She has 2 friends... Me & a girlfriend:lol:
I would hate my parents to see some of my drunken photos on facebook! :o
To see somebody's profile, they have to accept you as a friend don't they? I know you can see their friends though can't you? I'm not entirely sure how it all works
it depends on their privacy settings. Some people have to accept you for you to view their profile whereas sometimes if you're in the same network as someone else (either from the same region or university or something) you can see someone's profile without being their friend. :angel:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I feel like I'm frequently getting offtopic in pics and Aussie Open thread:o, so I'm moving this over here:lol:
I just like having Mario back. :lol: I'm not a big fan of Gilles per se, but I love listening to him talk. I was youtubing his interviews... he has such a cute voice. :awww: Have you seen this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7MIWJ0slE8
I'm happy I can help fulfill your desire to look at Mario;)

Of course! Gilles is sooo funny:haha: You've probably seen this one before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq0cBc81oAA He's so proud of his response and I love how he's awkwardly smiling/looking around for the next question. Adorable!

tennis lover
01-23-2009, 08:28 PM
Of course! Gilles is sooo funny:haha: You've probably seen this one before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq0cBc81oAA He's so proud of his response and I love how he's awkwardly smiling/looking around for the next question. Adorable!
:haha: I haven't seen that before, it's adorable! :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I feel like I'm frequently getting offtopic in pics and Aussie Open thread:o, so I'm moving this over here:lol:

I'm happy I can help fulfill your desire to look at Mario;)

Gilles as a Chippendale... that'd be a nice birthday present. :aplot: The 4 Musketeers giving a strip tease. :rolls: Can you imagine Richard? :spit: :haha: Yeah, I have seen that one. too. :lol: Truc uploaded it. :p That's why I said that I think he can express himself better than any of the other Frenchmen... maybe even better than most of the other non-English speaking players. Maybe as well and Fed and Djokovic.... waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Rafa. :o

tennis lover
01-23-2009, 08:53 PM
I love it when Rafa speaks English, it's so cute! :lol:

Brownie
01-23-2009, 09:13 PM
The 4 Musketeers giving a strip tease. :rolls:
that would be HILARIOUS:haha::haha:

I love it when Rafa speaks English, it's so cute! :lol:
So so cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqMk9vFhGXg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfY-knTwS0 :rolls:

~*BGT*~
01-23-2009, 09:41 PM
The "famoose y'ass"... that's on my FB page and the other one... "is more fast, no?" :awww: :rolls:

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 01:51 AM
So so cute! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqMk9vFhGXg and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfY-knTwS0 :rolls:
"is more faster" :rolls: :hearts: awww, he's adorable! :hug:

Gilles-Mario has now started. :dance: I'm glad the women's match went quickly so I can watch a bit of it. :D and I hope that the rest of the matches go quickly so that Richard won't start late! :o

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 02:05 AM
I love listening to Mario play. :drool: about as much as I love watching him play. :inlove: Seriously, he has a nice game. :yeah:

Oh yeah, Brad Gilbert just made two AWESOME predictions: Ancic over Simon ( :woohoo: ) and "Dicky" Gasket ( :lol: ) over Gonzalez. ( :woohoo: x2)

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Mario and Gilles need to learn how to hold serve! :o 4 breaks in a row!

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 02:31 AM
I just love listening to this match. :inlove:

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Mario saves a SP and sends it to a TB... come Mario!

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 03:04 AM
:o

Brownie
01-24-2009, 03:20 AM
I just love listening to this match. :inlove:

:yeah: I love it when he runs to the net and breathes with each step...so determined to get up there:lol:

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 03:24 AM
:awww:

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 03:34 AM
How many more net cords is Gilles gonna get? :mad: He's had like 4. :o And poor Mario is getting none of the luck. A gust of wind sweeping across the court during a pivotal point, a foot fault, the ump out calling one of his shots... :o

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 03:42 AM
Mario :hug:

Brownie
01-24-2009, 03:58 AM
I wish they'd put this back on TTC!:(

Are you watching Verdasco-Stepanek? I can't believe Nando has to play him twice in two weeks:hug:

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 04:12 AM
Me too. The live streams are nice, but then I have to minimize my FF browser so that the web page and live stream page fit on my desktop at the same time. And then, when I submit a post or go to a new page, the live stream freezes, but the sound continues :scratch: But no, I'm not watching Nando right now. He has to get into a considerable lead before I switch over. FYI, I have Nando beating Murray next round. :angel:

But boy, am I happy right now. I am in English Comp this semester and it's the first time I've had English since high school because I got credit for Freshman English with my SAT scores. So, we have our first writing assignment due Tuesday. it's a definition essay and we have to define literacy however we want to. I just spent the last 2 hours writing 1 page and 2 paragraphs. :o I was always a really good writer, but it took me so long to come up with stuff to say. But I guess that happens when you haven't written anything for a class in 2 years. :rolleyes: Anyway, my goal tonight was to just do the introduction up to the thesis and I just finished. :banana: So happy to get that done for tonight. :D

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 04:14 AM
Dang! Gilles breaks on his first BP while Mario had hundreds but had net cords and the umpire against him. :o

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 05:06 AM
Well, Mario is out. :( But Nando is up 6-4 6-0 over Stepabrat. :woohoo: My prediction for an upset over Murray may actually happen. :banana: but how lucky am I? Murray is in the 3rd round and I haven't seen more than 5 minutes of him playing. :woohoo:

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Verdasco just took out the trash 6-4 6-0 6-0. :cool:

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Verdasco just took out the trash 6-4 6-0 6-0. :cool:
:eek: amazing! :yeah:

Tess Gray
01-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Nandooo :worship: Awesome win.. Stepa out :yeah::ras:
And the rest of the Frenchies through, Rafa had an easy win... Good day for tennis:) (Well, obviously except..)

So who are you guys picking to win? I think Fed might take it:) Though I hope Rafa can take it.

Venle
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Nando vamos :hearts:

A double bagel, Richie could use that sometime ;)

Tess Gray
01-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Y'all I found my SD card again:D:woohoo:

I was hanging upside down blow drying my hair and I saw somthing shimmery on the floor under my bed and it was my SD card....:lol:

reggie1
01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
What a bummer Richard lost!!!!! The match finished just as I had to go out so at least I saw it. I will root for Jo now and Verdasco as he has really impressed me. How are all you girls???

Brownie
01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi Vicky:hug: I'm bummed he lost, but not stressing over it. He played his heart out:D I just watched some of the 5th set again and the energy was amazing! Now I'll focus my cheering on Gilles:) Some other matches I'm excited to catch are Delpo/Cilic, Nole/Baggy, Muzz/Nando.

**I'm impressed by Verdasco lately too:)

~*BGT*~
01-24-2009, 06:00 PM
I called Nando as the surprise finalist for weeks now. He's gonna take Murray out, i can just feel it. :bounce: He has lost 12 games in 3 matches! :eek: And he's in the 3rd round in doubles. :rolls:

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
I am sad. :sad: but there are still loads of good matches left. I think I want Rafa to come through on the top half now and it's probably fairly obvious what my choice for the bottom half is! :lol:

I really want to watch the 5th set. :awww:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-24-2009, 08:12 PM
There are still lots of interesting matchups left, I'm particularly looking forward to Nole/Baggy, though it's going to be a bittersweet match for me either way.

I'd like a surprise winner (Roddick or Baggy or even Nando :lol:) but if one of the top 4 has to win, then I'd probably side with Fed, just because I want him to equal and then overtake Sampras' record. :) But I definitely would like him to stick to max 1 or 2 slams in a year since I like seeing them shared around. I'm fortunate though that I appreciate all the top 3 players in different ways so I can usually enjoy the end of a slam even if my ultimate favourites aren't there!

Anyone here interested in the women's event? I'm really enjoying seeing Dokic's comeback (I used to really like her a few years back) and also ones of the only female tennis players I like, Cornet, just made her 1st 4th round which I'm excited about! :)

Can't you just tell I watch too much tennis?! :lol: I think it's mostly because I like far too many players.

Brownie
01-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Anyone here interested in the women's event? I'm really enjoying seeing Dokic's comeback (I used to really like her a few years back) and also ones of the only female tennis players I like, Cornet, just made her 1st 4th round which I'm excited about! :)
I completely forgot to mention the women! I'm excited for the Safina-Cornet match. I like both of them, but I really want Safina to win the whole thing:) I'm also interested in watching Azarenka-Serena.

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 09:18 PM
There are still lots of interesting matchups left, I'm particularly looking forward to Nole/Baggy, though it's going to be a bittersweet match for me either way.

Can't you just tell I watch too much tennis?! :lol: I think it's mostly because I like far too many players.
I'm looking forward to Nole/Baggy too, I'm not sure who I want to win as I like them both in their own way. I have a feeling as I watch it I may start to favour Marcos because he never fails to make me smile! :dance:

I know what you mean, there are very few players I actually dislike and I get excited at the prospect of seeing so many people! :o I might pull an all nighter tonight (maybe a nap before the night session if there's time), I really want to watch Del Potro-Cilic, Andy (although I fully expect him to win! :o ) and Marcos-Nole. :sobbing: I've been really tired recently though so we'll see what happens!
I completely forgot to mention the women! I'm excited for the Safina-Cornet match. I like both of them, but I really want Safina to win the whole thing:) I'm also interested in watching Azarenka-Serena.
I really want Safina to win too. :dance: I hate Serena so I hope she loses. :o (I don't usually wish for a player to lose but I cannot stand the woman!) I just don't know if I'm willing to lose sleep for a women's match just yet, I'll watch the final and maybe the semis though.

PinkFeatherBoa
01-24-2009, 09:57 PM

Oh yes actually, I forgot it was against Dinara. I like her as well but not as much. I like Serena too.

I'm looking forward to Nole/Baggy too, I'm not sure who I want to win as I like them both in their own way. I have a feeling as I watch it I may start to favour Marcos because he never fails to make me smile! :dance:

I know what you mean, there are very few players I actually dislike and I get excited at the prospect of seeing so many people! :o I might pull an all nighter tonight (maybe a nap before the night session if there's time), I really want to watch Del Potro-Cilic, Andy (although I fully expect him to win! :o ) and Marcos-Nole. :sobbing: I've been really tired recently though so we'll see what happens!

I really want Safina to win too. :dance: I hate Serena so I hope she loses. :o (I don't usually wish for a player to lose but I cannot stand the woman!) I just don't know if I'm willing to lose sleep for a women's match just yet, I'll watch the final and maybe the semis though.
Hi Jo, Jinxerer. ;)
Marcos always makes me smile too.

Del-Po/Cilic should be a really interesting match even if I don't particularly like either player. I used to have a soft spot for Cilic but then some stuff happened. I'll probably sleep through that match most likely. Yes, Andy should indeed beat Robredo or else. :o

:ras: I like Serena, though I can definitely see why she is annoying to a lot of people. She makes me laugh though (I liked those things she said about beating Roddick at tennis the other day :lol:). Yes, women's matches are usually when I consider sleeping too- just ask Jankovic- her match bored me to sleep and made me miss the beginning of Andy/Santoro. :(

tennis lover
01-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Hi Jo, Jinxerer. ;)
Marcos always makes me smile too.

Del-Po/Cilic should be a really interesting match even if I don't particularly like either player. I used to have a soft spot for Cilic but then some stuff happened. I'll probably sleep through that match most likely. Yes, Andy should indeed beat Robredo or else. :o

:ras: I like Serena, though I can definitely see why she is annoying to a lot of people. She makes me laugh though (I liked those things she said about beating Roddick at tennis the other day :lol:).
:ras: meany! although I've just realised I probably jinxed Andy too in my previous post! :speakles: if the unthinkable happens then I really am a jinx! :scared:

Del Potro and Cilic aren't favourites of mine but I think they're both very good and I think it will be a close, interesting match. I might watch the beginning and see how it goes, if it's boring I'll try to sleep a bit before Andy starts. :zzz:

I quite liked her comments about Andy as well but in general I find her unbelievably arrogant and quite disrespectful towards her opponents. and don't even get me started on the noise she makes when she plays...:sobbing:

reggie1
01-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I've been following the women's too. I used to like Dokic when she first came on the scene and was really pleased to see her back. She is one gutsy lady! I like Cibulkova as I respect 5 foot 4 taking out 6 foot plus girls. I used to like Ivanovic but have gone off of her lately. Don't know if it's because she dumped Verdasco. Actually, I never found them that believable as a couple anyway and she never went to any of his matches I don't think. My fave on WTA at the mo is Safina. I heard her interviewed the other day and she is so sweet.
What happened with Cilic then? I always thought he was a sweetheart?

Tess Gray
01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Ana dumped Nando... I missed that:o

Dina FTW :woohoo: I love her. She had a close call today though aganst Alize (I've also started to quite like her!)

Tess Gray
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Did you guys see that vid posted by Keijan in Gael's & Gilles' forum :rolls: Very funny

reggie1
01-25-2009, 12:27 PM
It was on womens tennis forum about Ana and Verdasco. My laptop playing up, what's on that vid tess?

Tess Gray
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
You see Gael training and Gilles is making jokes about his strokes. And then Gael goes to Simon and gives him a kiss on each cheek:lol:

~*BGT*~
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Girls I like: JJ, Dominika, Dementieva, Kuzzy, Vaidisova :awww: , Momo :awww: x2 , A Chak :awww: x3 , Golovin :awww: x4 , Henin :awww: x5

Venle
01-25-2009, 06:00 PM
My fav WTA players are Ivanovic, Dementieva, Jankovic, Wozniacki, Vaidisova and some others.
And I'm hoping that Dokic does well in the tournament.

The most I follow WTA during the Slams. ;)

Brownie
01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Dina FTW :woohoo: I love her. She had a close call today though aganst Alize (I've also started to quite like her!)

I was so nervous during Dina's match!!:eek: It would've been great for Alize to win (I like her too), but I really really want Dina to win it all (I think I already said that yesterday:lol:). I watched JJ and Marion's match. Marion seems so nice and her game isn't as boring as I remembered (isn't she always switching things up?:scratch:). I watched some of Dokic's match and I'm so happy for her success at AO so far:). I'll have to get back about my fav women, because I seem to be adding people everyday:lol:

So guys QF matchups are ARod/Nole (think they are still bitter towards each other?), Delpo/Fed (Fed is 3-0 H2H) so far. Eeeeeekkkk, I love AO:yippee:

Here's the video if you haven't seen it Vicky: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8062430&postcount=440

P.S. Allez Gilles:D

gasguet#1
01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Did anyone watch Marion v Jelena yesterday?

The moves Marion made to step into the court for return of serve..... WOW..... Gutsy Move..... I have seen players stepping into the court before, but this was taking it to a whole new level....... She was almost up at the box!..... It got into JJ's Face & rattled her big time....I don't know about JJ.... She just goes missing when she needs a big win....... I didn't think she was playing that well progressing through the draw....

Looking forward to Azarenka v Serena today.... Lets hope Azarenka sends Serena crashing out of Melbourne.... I think Azarenka is sure the player who has impressed the most so far..... but today is stepping up to the next level & depends on how much she lets Serena get in her face....

The Dokic express train continues..... She seemed so flat last night..... but got through..... That bad ankle roll is a worry though.... Can't see Dafina having much problems with Dokic..... The roll looked so nasty.....

Dafina used her Get Out Of Jail Free Card...... what a lucky escape.....

Roger was in the same line as well

Can't wait for Jo v Blake tonight.... should be a fantastic match......

Not sure how Gilles & Gael will go today....... think I'd like to see Gael get through......

Davodus
01-26-2009, 12:12 AM
hello all :wavey:
im back and ridiculously sunburnt and injured!
but it was heaps of fun, i got to see pretty much everyone whether in practice or in matches
was great :D

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 12:16 AM
So guys QF matchups are ARod/Nole (think they are still bitter towards each other?), Delpo/Fed (Fed is 3-0 H2H) so far. Eeeeeekkkk, I love AO:yippee:
I doubt it. they always seemed to get on really well before that and I think it was all a big misunderstanding. :shrug: I have a feeling this is going to be the night match on Tuesday and I'll miss it because I'm in class. :sad: any other day would be fine but it's just my luck that it's on Tuesday (at least I assume so?! :confused: ) all I can pray for is them to put Dokic on first and for her to take 3 hours again. I'll only be home between 11pm and 2am Melbourne time or before 8.30pm. :awww: I really don't want to miss this match! :sobbing: If not I'll have to watch the replay on the bbc website but it's so much better to watch it live (and no way will I be able to go all day without checking the score! :o ). it's ridiculous how much the thought of missing it is upsetting me! :o

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
I was so nervous during Dina's match!!:eek: It would've been great for Alize to win (I like her too), but I really really want Dina to win it all (I think I already said that yesterday:lol:). I watched JJ and Marion's match. Marion seems so nice and her game isn't as boring as I remembered (isn't she always switching things up?:scratch:). I watched some of Dokic's match and I'm so happy for her success at AO so far:). I'll have to get back about my fav women, because I seem to be adding people everyday:lol:

Here's the video if you haven't seen it Vicky: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=8062430&postcount=440

P.S. Allez Gilles:D

Tessa, can you put that vid on youtube? :)

Schu
01-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi Guys - Anyone watching the WTA match between Gael and Simon? As of now it's a REAL snoozer, I swear the women hit it a lot harder than what they are hitting. Maybe that's the strategy of both but it's KILLING ME!!! to see that kind of tennis and know that Richie, playing REAL tennis is on his way home. But as he said "that's tennis". They cannot possibly both play this way for 3 - 5 sets if so it's going to be a LONG day/night

Brownie
01-26-2009, 12:44 AM
I doubt it. they always seemed to get on really well before that and I think it was all a big misunderstanding. :shrug:

I really hope not. I hope you are able to watch the match!

Happy Australia Day to all the Aussie Gasquetaires!!!:hug:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I'm watching it:o I hope Gilles starts to take charge soon:rolleyes:

and injured!

What happened? :hug:

Schu
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
FUNNY - the 21 gun salute in the background while the players are trying to play. BOth stop and joke.
YEAH - Gilles came to net!! Never mind back to baseline snooze...

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM
what just happened in the Gilles-Gael match? I only saw the end of it and was really confused! :lol: they're so cute though. :D

I don't know who I want to win. I would have thought Gael but the more I see of Gilles the more I think he's adorable! :lol:

Schu
01-26-2009, 01:10 AM
what just happened in the Gilles-Gael match? I only saw the end of it and was really confused! :lol: they're so cute though. :D

I don't know who I want to win. I would have thought Gael but the more I see of Gilles the more I think he's adorable! :lol:

Australia Day celebration at the nearby park - guns/cannons going off and palyer wait till it's finished.

I know lots of people think Simon is cute and I guess in a looks like a cute little kid way he is but not someone I would call handsome in any way.

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I meant cute behaviour-wise rather than looks wise. ;)

Puschkin
01-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Hi Guys - Anyone watching the WTA match between Gael and Simon? As of now it's a REAL snoozer, I swear the women hit it a lot harder than what they are hitting. Maybe that's the strategy of both but it's KILLING ME!!! to see that kind of tennis and know that Richie, playing REAL tennis is on his way home. But as he said "that's tennis".

I don't think it is such a bad match. And it is so relaxing to simply watch without being emotionally involved. Besides, I am really curious who will win this and what kind of conclusions Mr. Forget will draw. :devil:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 01:27 AM
Gilles is cute... in an impish little way

Davodus
01-26-2009, 01:38 AM
Yeah, I'm watching it:o I hope Gilles starts to take charge soon:rolleyes:

What happened? :hug:

i tore my calf muscle :sad:
my leg swelled and went blue and purple and now i have crutches for a month

i really hope gilles starts to just hit winners off this weird play by monfils

i got to meet gilles when i was there :cool:

Schu
01-26-2009, 01:45 AM
I don't think it is such a bad match. And it is so relaxing to simply watch without being emotionally involved. Besides, I am really curious who will win this and what kind of conclusions Mr. Forget will draw. :devil:

Relaxing is one way to describe it... Still WTA to me. But yes it is nice not to have your heart pounding out of your chest with every amazing shot.

It will be interesting to know Mr. Forget's thoughts - you are a devil. Is Forget still DC captain - what's goning on with Noah rumor?

Schu
01-26-2009, 01:49 AM
I meant cute behaviour-wise rather than looks wise. ;)

Yea - I give him that and he does seem to be a smart guy.

Guess you can tell from all this posting that I'm not exactly riveted to the Gilles-Gael match...

ANd Davodus - sounds like a nasty injury. Sorry to hear you're on crutches for a month - that is REALLY not fun.

Puschkin
01-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Relaxing is one way to describe it... Still WTA to me. But yes it is nice not to have your heart pounding out of your chest with every amazing shot.

It will be interesting to know Mr. Forget's thoughts - you are a devil. Is Forget still DC captain - what's goning on with Noah rumor?
Forget will remain DC captain. The Noah rumour is about becoming an (additional) DC-trainer, even if I don't quite grasp what they need that for, but obviuosly the always had one in France.

And again, I don't think it is such a horrible match as many people, even the Gilles-fans in their forum complain. Obviously none of them has seen Richie's first rounder against Junquiera. ;)

Davodus
01-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Yea - I give him that and he does seem to be a smart guy.

Guess you can tell from all this posting that I'm not exactly riveted to the Gilles-Gael match...

ANd Davodus - sounds like a nasty injury. Sorry to hear you're on crutches for a month - that is REALLY not fun.

i'm a gilles fan and the match is boring me!

crutches is shit...i can't do anything...but i am quite used to having crutches because i am always falling over and getting injured :lol:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 02:04 AM
i tore my calf muscle :sad:
my leg swelled and went blue and purple and now i have crutches for a month

i really hope gilles starts to just hit winners off this weird play by monfils

i got to meet gilles when i was there :cool:
Wow, that sounds wicked painful:eek::sad:

That's awesome that you got to meet Gilles:)

Schu
01-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Forget will remain DC captain. The Noah rumour is about becoming an (additional) DC-trainer, even if I don't quite grasp what they need that for, but obviuosly the always had one in France.

And again, I don't think it is such a horrible match as many people, even the Gilles-fans in their forum complain. Obviously none of them has seen Richie's first rounder against Junquiera. ;)

That match was bad but this match is for a spot in the QUARTER FINALS!

thanks for clearing up the Davis Cup. Sort of wonder if having BOTH Noah and Forget around would just make for more controversy but guess someone knows what they are doing :scratch:

tennis lover
01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
poor Gael :awww:

aww, Gilles seems really upset. :hug:

Brownie
01-26-2009, 02:19 AM
poor Gael :awww:

:sad:

Davodus
01-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow, that sounds wicked painful:eek::sad:

That's awesome that you got to meet Gilles:)

yes, it was quite painful :lol: but i'm fine

gilles was really nice, signed autographs for everyone, gave away all the balls he used in practice, gave away 2 towels, was talking to people and taking photos (me and my sister got his autograph on three different things :lol:)

Schu
01-26-2009, 02:28 AM
After Richie's valiant performance with several injuries the other night I could say something about Gael's retirement but I'll not be a bitter, nasty person and just be quite.

Actually I hate to see anyone have to retire, even someone who isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Brownie
01-26-2009, 02:34 AM
yes, it was quite painful :lol: but i'm fine

gilles was really nice, signed autographs for everyone, gave away all the balls he used in practice, gave away 2 towels, was talking to people and taking photos (me and my sister got his autograph on three different things :lol:)

Good to hear:)

Gilles always seems like such a nice, genuine guy:yeah:

I really hate to see retirements, no matter who it is.:awww:

Well, time to watch some *real* WTA matches;)

Brownie
01-26-2009, 03:14 AM
Tessa, can you put that vid on youtube? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpj-Z-O2QM0

Someone posted it yesterday

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 05:59 AM
The sound cuts out in the middle of the vid. :o

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 08:16 AM
OMG...... Murray just lost..... to Verdasco...... a player I LOVE...... and I called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Is it wrong to find this much joy in one player's loss? :rolls: Well, to me, it's not just because he lost but it was because I called the loss. :dance:

Puschkin
01-26-2009, 08:31 AM
OMG...... Murray just lost..... to Verdasco...... a player I LOVE...... and I called it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
Me, too. And I am not sad. :devil:

Schu
01-26-2009, 08:35 AM
Is it wrong to find this much joy in one player's loss? :rolls: Well, to me, it's not just because he lost but it was because I called the loss. :dance:

NOt at ALL! So much for the Big Four (at least right now):bounce::bounce::bounce:

:worship: Verdasco. I've always liked Verdasco - another one of my fav headcases but he was TOUGH tonight. What's happening to all my headcases - richie playing like a warrior yesterday and Fernando not choking it away. This could be a great year!!

I'd really like to stay up for Blake - Tsonga. COME ONNN Blake!! but I have to get a few hours sleep before work. I THINK TTC shows the night match on delay in morning - Maybe I can catch a little in a few hours.

Schu
01-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Too funny - I'm about to turn off the TV and ESPN is showing all the defaults of the day. They get to Simon/Monfils and Pam says this was one of the matches that had to end early and Cahill says "and thankfully it did."

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 08:40 AM
There's always Doha and Abu Dhabi and St Pete's :spit: :haha:

~*BGT*~
01-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Too funny - I'm about to turn off the TV and ESPN is showing all the defaults of the day. They get to Simon/Monfils and Pam says this was one of the matches that had to end early and Cahill says "and thankfully it did."

Simon's first BP --- the guys looked like they were in practice right there. The point is going on and on and on and I'm literally LOL-ing.... it was just so pathetic. :rolls: Thank GOD Richie doesn't play like that. :o

Davodus
01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
bye bye murray :wavey:

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 09:31 AM
omg I knew verdasco was very talented but he was also seen as a "mental midget" but he proved all them wrong.

He beat Murray,yeah baby!:aplot::music:

good start of my day lol.I hope Jo to pass blake and face this firing fernando:devil:

reggie1
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh Dav, you poor thing. Hope you're not in too much pain.
It was great that you got to meet Gilles. I really like him.
Murray lost, oh well, English commentators harping back to Fred Perry again! Verdasco has been on fire, being dumped has done wonders for his tennis. Probably wants to show Ana what she's missing. I expect Richard is back in France now. Such a shame. Still Gonzo got trounced by Raffa, he didn't really stand a chance, he must have been so tired after his match with Richard.

reggie1
01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm watching Jo too. All the commentators here seem to say is Jo is very charismatic but a man of few words!

Davodus
01-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh Dav, you poor thing. Hope you're not in too much pain.
It was great that you got to meet Gilles. I really like him.
Murray lost, oh well, English commentators harping back to Fred Perry again! Verdasco has been on fire, being dumped has done wonders for his tennis. Probably wants to show Ana what she's missing. I expect Richard is back in France now. Such a shame. Still Gonzo got trounced by Raffa, he didn't really stand a chance, he must have been so tired after his match with Richard.

don't worry about me, i have some strong painkillers :p
meeting gilles was fun, he was the nicest of all the players i got autographs from :)

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm watching Jo too. All the commentators here seem to say is Jo is very charismatic but a man of few words!

what does that means vicky"a man of few words"?is this an english expression?

reggie1
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
don't worry about me, i have some strong painkillers :p
meeting gilles was fun, he was the nicest of all the players i got autographs from :)
What even nicer than Richard? Or was it just that Gilles is a bit more relaxed and confident with people?

what does that means vicky"a man of few words"?is this an english expression?
It means somebody who doesn't say very much, quite a quiet person. They keep saying that Jo is very shy away from the tennis court. I was saying on the other thread that I find Jo the easiest to understand out of the frenchies and Truc said it's because he has no accent and says quite simple things. I find Richard impossible to understand :o

Davodus
01-26-2009, 09:57 AM
i didn't get richards autograph this time :lol: BUT richard was more friendly in brisbane when i spoke to him
they are both cool :lol:

but of the aus open autographs i got...he was the most willing to interact with fans

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
It means somebody who doesn't say very much, quite a quiet person. They keep saying that Jo is very shy away from the tennis court. I was saying on the other thread that I find Jo the easiest to understand out of the frenchies and Truc said it's because he has no accent and says quite simple things. I find Richard impossible to understand :o

well yes, jo has no accent and speak very slowly with sweet little voice lol. Quite original when we look at his big body.
Richard is also very special, as a french sometimes I feel some difficulties to understand him.He use some words,expressions and with his accent, not that easy lol

yeah jo is leading 2 sets 0 but its not his best match, very far from his best there.He has to step it up.

reggie1
01-26-2009, 10:15 AM
well yes, jo has no accent and speak very slowly with sweet little voice lol. Quite original when we look at his big body.
Richard is also very special, as a french sometimes I feel some difficulties to understand him.He use some words,expressions and with his accent, not that easy lol

yeah jo is leading 2 sets 0 but its not his best match, very far from his best there.He has to step it up.

I know Jo's voice is so soft it doesn't go with his body at all. He seems timid in interviews.I hope he wins, I like Blake but like Jo better. I hope he beats verdasco if he gets past Blake. Verdasco was one of the ones i was going to root for (even if he did beat Murray) but I want Jo to win the whole thing now. Well, now Richard has gone, do you think he is back home yet Amira?

lisaplenske
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
yes I think richard must have returned to France now.Its been a long time he left it.
Has to cure his shoulder and toe.
Hey you saw the (how to say in english) the explosions in the sky of melbourne?that's beautiful.
Is this a special day in Australia?