The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20

~*BGT*~
01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Not Richard but :inlove: all the same. How did he know the capital of Australia? I just learnt that last year. :ras: Stupid American geography class. We didn't have time to over the Asian Pacific countries. :o

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/multimedia/default_video.asp?videoid=951

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I see the same vid Lauren posted?

Brownie
01-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Haha, and nothing about Canberra:lol: Hmmmmmmmm....

Wow, lots of activity in this forum right now. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the threads:lol:

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I know I was thinking the same thing:lol: There were only a few during the offseason and now there are loads of other people as well:lol:

Brownie
01-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Phew, I think I've just caught up. It's very exciting:)...I wasn't around (just lurking) for the regular season last year. Danielle, is this the video you meant to post?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/multimedia/default_video.asp?videoid=950

Best of luck with your french exam results!!:hug:

reggie1
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Tess, Hi Lauren. I'll have to try to look at those videos later. I can't access them at the mo, I find the atp videos so slow. It always takes forever.
And yes, loads of new people, I hope Davodus sticks around as he seems really nice and I like his sense of humour!

Brownie
01-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Hi Vicky. btw, were does your username, reggie, come from?

reggie1
01-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi Vicky. btw, were does your username, reggie, come from?

I was watching an advert for a programme about the Kray twins whilst joining Mtf and Rg.net,they were notorious Eastend of London Gangsters, they were called Ronnie and Reggie and Reggie just stuck in my mind! :o Don't know what that says about me really. I'm a nice girl, honest Guv! :lol:

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 04:31 PM
It's funny cause everyone just assumes you're called reggie :p Just like they assume my name is Tess (which it obviously is :p)

Brownie
01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Sooo random!:lol:

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 04:42 PM
I had to write a french letter today.. complainig about something:o

I had to write to a guy named Richard Whatever and he lived on Rue de Bercy... Which I thought was so funny:lol: I changed his name into Richard Gasquet btw:o eventhough I'll be the only one who knows who he is:lol:

Brownie
01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
What a coincidence! :lol: What'd you complain about to Richie?

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
My vacation sucked! I reserved two double rooms, but when I got there the toilet was broken and nobody wanted to fix it. They made me pay twice as much as the brochure said. Breakfast was included but all we got was 1 croissant and an egg:o The bastards...

Brownie
01-08-2009, 05:13 PM
:lol:

Yummmm, croissants:drool:

lisaplenske
01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
omg I thought richard did say that it would be him who will be the first atp world n°1!:eek:
but then I got that he thinks it would be between federer and nadal.:o

I was so surprised lol,I was like "oh richard is that confident!"but well if it was tsonga I'm 99% sure he would have said himself with a laugh but he thinks about what he says.

I mean richard doesnt seem to believe he would win brisbane this week or he's just modest.I think both.

Allez show what you got in quarter finale.:devil:

Thanks for the vid danielle:wavey:

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Yeah... but I only got one :awww::lol:

What'd you do today?

Hi Amira :wavey:

Brownie
01-08-2009, 05:30 PM
One is better than none;) Sorry, that's probably annoyingly "glass is half full" of me:lol:

Today I watched the France-Russia doubles match (France did not do so well:o). Pretty fun to watch though and the after match interviews were cute:) Then I read another one of my articles. I need to try to read 3 more today:p Later I'm going to the gym. You do anything exciting today?

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Nope :o Was at school from 8am till 5pm. And that was about it :lol: Played some guitar and now just relaxing a little bit! Such a boring life I have:lol:
But tomorrow is friday :banana: Maybe I'll go out:) Not sure yet. D'you have any plans for the weekend?

Brownie
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Don't worry, my life isn't any more exciting:lol: I'm taking it easy this weekend because next weekend I'm visiting my college roomies in NYC:banana::woohoo::dance: As you can probably tell, I'm really excited:D

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 05:41 PM
cool :D How long have you not seen them?

Brownie
01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I saw one of them in October and I saw both of them this summer. It's nice that we can all get together because for the first year after college one of them was teaching in Austria, so we never got to see her.

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 05:50 PM
It's always fun to get together with friends from another period of your life:) It's weird, because during a period of time you can be with someone 24/7 and once that period is over you barely get to see them. I have the same with some of my friends from elementary school...

Brownie
01-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Most definitely:) It's crazy how much someone's group of friends can change from middle school to after they graduate from college!

Tess Gray
01-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Exactly. But it's funny, I've had this friend since I was 3. And we always were together, such good friends. And then a few years back she got all of these personal problems (eating disorder and she was getting suicidal:() and she started to hang out with "the wrong crowd". And since she broke up with her bf a few months back, we started to hang out again:D It just feels right, because you know each other so well... And you realize how much you've actually missed that over the years.

~*BGT*~
01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Phew, I think I've just caught up. It's very exciting:)...I wasn't around (just lurking) for the regular season last year. Danielle, is this the video you meant to post?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/multimedia/default_video.asp?videoid=950

Best of luck with your french exam results!!:hug:

Yes. :inlove: he looks so good. :p

Brownie
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Awwww, that's great that you've started to hang out again:hug: I have a few best friends that I've had since about 1st grade, and we don't get to see each other much anymore, but it's amazing how we just pick up where we left off when we are able to get together:)

tennis lover
01-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I have a few best friends that I've had since about 1st grade, and we don't get to see each other much anymore, but it's amazing how we just pick up where we left off when we are able to get together:)
I always find that when I come home during the holidays and despite not having seen my school friends during uni we all just click back into place and act as if we never left! :dance: I have really enjoyed these holidays actually, kind of don't want to go back to uni because I know I will have to work really hard over the next few months. :sobbing:

Venle
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Heyyy :hug:

I'm very happy at the moment, hope you are too :yippee:

reggie1
01-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Sure am Venla, what a great result!!!!

~*BGT*~
01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Hell YES!!! Richie won a tight match. Andy won a tight match (he's in the Doha final!), Elena D. is in the Auckland final and Dominika just help the Slovak Republic win the Hopman Cup. Oh, man, it's a nice day to be BGT. :woohoo:

Brownie
01-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh good! I didn't realize that Roddick had won too:D I'm bummed that Russia lost though:awww:

~*BGT*~
01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh good! I didn't realize that Roddick had won too:D I'm bummed that Russia lost though:awww:

I like Marat but I have a soft spot for little girls taking down those huge Amazon chicks. Dominika is 5'3"! :eek:

tennis lover
01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
:banana: Andy won, Richie won. :D all is good in life! I should be able to watch Richie tonight as well as it's a good time for me. I just hope the Doha final is on early-ish otherwise I will be out and will miss it. :awww:

I would've preferred Russia to win, Safina is one of my favourite WTA players. :awww:

Brownie
01-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow! 5'3"...tiny!! Yeah, Safina is my favorite WTA player:awww:...and watching some WTA matches this week, I have to say Cornet and Azarenka are growing on me too:)

I wish I could watch Muzza/Fed right now, but I just don't have time today:(

EternalxJourney
01-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone! I'm sooo excited about Richie's win against Jo. While I like them both, Richie needs this win more than Jo. Here's hoping he goes all the way and claims the title! How's everyone doing here? I take it Danielle is happy about Andy's win.

Schu
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
SO glad about RIchie's win even Murray beating, correction KILLING ROger the last two sets, can't spoil my day!

reggie1
01-09-2009, 04:50 PM
:banana: Andy won, Richie won. :D all is good in life! I should be able to watch Richie tonight as well as it's a good time for me. I just hope the Doha final is on early-ish otherwise I will be out and will miss it. :awww:

I would've preferred Russia to win, Safina is one of my favourite WTA players. :awww:

I'm confused :confused: is richard's next match on tonight? if so what time for us please Jo?

tennis lover
01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm confused :confused: is richard's next match on tonight? if so what time for us please Jo?
yeah, it's on tonight because it's the day session this time, it does seem very close to the last match though! it's on at about 2.30am our time, maybe not so great for you but perfect for me! :banana: maybe you can sky + it and watch it when you wake up though? :)

I'm nervous about Andy-Andy tomorrow, it never ends well for me. :sobbing: I'm still hopeful though! :bounce:

Brownie
01-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh Jo:hug: I know you're a Roddick fan, are you as big of a Murray fan (or do you not like him at all)?

~*BGT*~
01-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes!! I got a good score on my French test and placed out of the first 3 courses! :woohoo:

Tess Gray
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Danielle thats great:D Congratulations :hug:

~*BGT*~
01-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tessa. Hey, check Evgeny's forum. There are new pics. :D

Brownie
01-09-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes!! I got a good score on my French test and placed out of the first 3 courses! :woohoo:
awesome job!!:bigclap:

Tess, you staying up for Richie's match tonight?

silverwhite
01-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Adam (adee-gee) renamed his chat thread The 'calling all Gasquetaires, your presence is required in here' chat thread :spit:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=52256&page=11555

tennis lover
01-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh Jo:hug: I know you're a Roddick fan, are you as big of a Murray fan (or do you not like him at all)?
no where near as big. :o Andy (Roddick) is my number 1 guy, always has been and always will be. :cool: Then Richard, then a few other people and then Murray. Murray is growing on me but I generally still prefer certain other people when they're playing. I think I change my mind depending on my mood and what the match is though! :lol:
:hug: congratulations! :D

silverwhite
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Jo :wavey:

tennis lover
01-10-2009, 12:02 AM
:wavey: hey SW, how are you? :) are you home for the weekend again or something? :hug: How's it all going?

silverwhite
01-10-2009, 12:04 AM
:wavey: hey SW, how are you? :) are you home for the weekend again or something? :hug: How's it all going?

I'm fine. Yes, I'm home for the weekend. :p

Adam's a bit lonely so I'm helping him promote his thread. :rolls:

tennis lover
01-10-2009, 12:07 AM
aww, maybe I'll pop in and say hi. I haven't spoken to Adam in ages! :awww:

silverwhite
01-10-2009, 12:13 AM
aww, maybe I'll pop in and say hi. I haven't spoken to Adam in ages! :awww:

You should :p

PinkFeatherBoa
01-10-2009, 12:32 AM
:lol: Bless Adam, I'm just curious as to why he chose to invite Gasquetaires of all people? :p Surely he knows enough Muzzatards to fill the place up! ;)

The last time I posted in his thread was back in 2006 apparently...

silverwhite
01-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Goodness knows :shrug: :lol:

tennis lover
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
:lol: Bless Adam, I'm just curious as to why he chose to invite Gasquetaires of all people? :p Surely he knows enough Muzzatards to fill the place up! ;)

The last time I posted in this thread was back in 2006 apparently...
:wavey: fellow insomniac! *high five* for once in my life I am actually feeling sleepy...think I'm still recovering from not sleeping at all last saturday! :o Hopefully the match will be over quickly! :dance:

PinkFeatherBoa
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
:wavey: fellow insomniac! *high five* for once in my life I am actually feeling sleepy...think I'm still recovering from not sleeping at all last saturday! :o Hopefully the match will be over quickly! :dance:
*high five*
Heh, I'm actually feeling pretty tired myself, too many late nights this week but mainly I blame Richard having an early match this morning (the 9am one) :o, those ones are the hardest for me to recover from. :lol:

I hope it's a pretty straightforward match tonight. :awww:

silverwhite
01-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Hopefully the match will be over quickly! :dance:

It might just be :tape:

tennis lover
01-10-2009, 01:02 AM
*high five*
Heh, I'm actually feeling pretty tired myself, too many late nights this week but mainly I blame Richard having an early match this morning (the 9am one) :o, those ones are the hardest for me to recover from. :lol:

I hope it's a pretty straightforward match tonight. :awww:
I think it was the 9am match that did it for me too! :o (although I did fall asleep briefly after it this morning! :sobbing: )
It might just be :tape:
:ras: if you're right, I'll be going to bed pretty soon after it's started! :awww:

Schu
01-10-2009, 01:53 AM
Richie is warming up and I'm pretty nervous, hope he's not! Stepanak can be extremely tricky.

HEy Vicki, While Richie was unpacking his bag on the bench, I saw this bright lime green material in his bag and hoped that was a new Lacoste shirt but alas he pulls out a second ulgy old white shirt and places it on the bench maybe he's saving the green for the fianls or maybe it an old t-shirt.

O.K. enough stupid talk - ready for action ALLEZ Richie!!!!

reggie1
01-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Oh a new shirt Schu, surely not, we all need to club together and buy him a nice new one. He may have the money but he has no idea when it comes to his t-shirts!!! :lol:
What a bummer that he lost to Stepanek. I don't really like poking fun at people's looks, but OMG, and he acts like such a tit on court aswell so he deserves it. It all sounded a nightmare. I wish Richard could just put two fingers up to that kind of stuff and think just "poke it love!" :(:mad: And I'm now going to blow you off the court but I think he does get affected by stuff like that. Probably one of the reasons we all love him, he is quite sensitive and not a jock/jerk as you Americans would say. Gm's been harsh, as always.

Tess Gray
01-10-2009, 12:15 PM
hi guys :)

Everyone recovered from that awful display of sportsmanship and Richie's loss?:sad:

I hope there will be livestreams for the doubles matches with Jo in Sydney:D

~*BGT*~
01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
They're not in the draw. :fiery:

Brownie
01-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Boo, they aren't!:ras:

:secret:Mo looks nice in his suit in the Doha final:inlove:

~*BGT*~
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Richard, Evgeny, Andy -- all downed in the past 12 hours. :ras:

reggie1
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh Danielle what a 24 hours for you sweetheart :hug:

~*BGT*~
01-10-2009, 04:29 PM
On top of it all, my cat is sick. I don't know what's wrong with him. His eyes are running, he is weak on his legs, he's cold, he won't eat, and all he's doing is sleeping.

Venle
01-10-2009, 04:30 PM
I didn't see the Steps match, (sleeping :zzz:) what was it with bad sportmanship? :scared:

Richard, Evgeny, Andy -- all downed in the past 12 hours. :ras:

:awww: :hug:
Best wishes to your cat, hope he gets well soon!

EternalxJourney
01-11-2009, 12:52 AM
I didn't see the Steps match, (sleeping :zzz:) what was it with bad sportmanship? :scared:

:awww: :hug:
Best wishes to your cat, hope he gets well soon!

Didn't watch the match either but I read it's pretty standard antics from Steps, yelling during points and such. Dunno if "the worm" made an appearance or not. Sucks for Richie but he needs to learn to deal with this kinda stuff in order to hang w/ the big boys on top.

Getta
01-11-2009, 01:32 AM
On top of it all, my cat is sick. I don't know what's wrong with him. His eyes are running, he is weak on his legs, he's cold, he won't eat, and all he's doing is sleeping.

Danielle, if I were in your position I would seek veterinary care immediately.

One of my cats had FLUTD last month. The veterinary attention proved to be highly "useful"... and the condition was successfully treated.

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Georgia, vets here are expensive. Some of them charge $150+ a day just for IVs! I'll see if a vet can see him tomorrow. he is very overweight (22 pounds) so his weight might have something to do with it

Getta
01-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Georgia, vets here are expensive. Some of them charge $150+ a day just for IVs! I'll see if a vet can see him tomorrow. he is very overweight (22 pounds) so his weight might have something to do with it

Hope he gets well soon, Danielle. :hug:

Talking about prices, the cost of my cat's treatment (BTW, the vet kept him 3 days) was 100 €. Not bad since his case was highly complicated.

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 02:17 AM
I haven't been home all day so I couldn't observe him, but he seems a little better than this morning. I just made him eat and he jumped from the floor to my bed, which is pretty high.

Brownie
01-11-2009, 02:47 AM
I haven't been home all day so I couldn't observe him, but he seems a little better than this morning. I just made him eat and he jumped from the floor to my bed, which is pretty high.

:hug: Vets are ridiculously expensive:sad: That's a step in the right direction that you could get him to eat:)

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 03:51 AM
He only ate a little, which is strange because as I said, he's pretty hefty. :lol: He is pretty solid so it's not all fat, but he is a short haired cat so it's not all fur either. :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 04:01 AM
Verdasco just won the 1st set 6-3. :p

The commentators made an interesting comment. Steps behaved the way he did yesterday, because he could. Because he knew Richard wouldn't have done anything about it. Today, his antics have almost disappeared, mainly because he's getting his ass handled to him on a Spanish platter, but also because he knows he can't get into Fer's head. They even said he'll have to do that to even get into the match! :eek:

If I were Richard, right after that volley point, I'd have drop-shotted the mug and hit a passing shot right at his feet. :armed:

Schu
01-11-2009, 04:07 AM
Yea the announcers are funny - they said that Steps lost the first sets against Soderling and Gasquest 6-2 so actually he did better against Verdasco at 6-3. And it is true that if there is anyone whose head he can get into, it would be Richie's. Still no antics from Steps - it now or never Radek.

Danielle how's your cat?

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Sleeping in my bed. i don't want to take my eyes off him so I'm keeping him in my room tonight. I got him to eat some cat food. I was at work today so I don't know if he used his box or not.

Another second set medical time out. :rolleyes:

Schu
01-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Sleeping in my bed. i don't want to take my eyes off him so I'm keeping him in my room tonight. I got him to eat some cat food. I was at work today so I don't know if he used his box or not.

Another second set medical time out. :rolleyes:

Seen that SAME timeout before - Beware Verdando - the best is yet to come.

Take care of your cat.

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 04:18 AM
And he breaks right after that and starts his antics. :retard:

Schu
01-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Are we seeing a pattern here?

Funny but in a strange way I'd like to see Steps win so Richie isn't the one who can't deal with the jerk - NAW, bit my tongue...Vamos Verdasco.

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 04:24 AM
And he just bumped into him during the change of ends. :rolleyes: Come on Nando! Kick his ass!

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 04:49 AM
He's doing a Djokovic and taking FOREVER between points during this tight game. :rolleyes:

Schu
01-11-2009, 04:50 AM
My stream keeps freezing and my friends are waiting for me - so I'm out of here. I see Steps is up a break in the third and hasn't quite pulled the antics he did yesterday - Come ONNNN Fernando!

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 05:05 AM
I wish Andy was playing this match. He schooled this punk the last time they played.

patch55
01-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Ugh, looks like Stepanek is going to win this. Which will cause me to :drink:

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 05:18 AM
It's not over yet. Fer has got one of the breaks back

patch55
01-11-2009, 05:22 AM
It's not over yet. Fer has got one of the breaks back

Just saw that, hopefully Nando can pull this out.

Venle
01-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Didn't watch the match either but I read it's pretty standard antics from Steps, yelling during points and such. Dunno if "the worm" made an appearance or not. Sucks for Richie but he needs to learn to deal with this kinda stuff in order to hang w/ the big boys on top.

Yes, he should work on it :)
It really sucks when the opponent is making annoying gestures, but he just has to deal with it.

Danielle, you moved to Aussie land, eh? ;) :p

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, and then all across Europe and then the US and then back to Europe and back to the US and back to Europe and then Asia and finally ending in London. :p

lisaplenske
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, he should work on it :)
It really sucks when the opponent is making annoying gestures, but he just has to deal with it.

like federer used to do.I still remember one of roger match against the clown in canada and at that time he was still the real n°1.
the clown was also doing all those idiots things such as running and jumping after the first few games.
He's soooo annoying really but roger gave him a real lesson, it was obvious that he was annoyed by him but the best way to make him return to his home is to beat him.:angel:

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 06:11 PM
D, you also had such a busy schedule last year! :lol:

reggie1
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Tess, have you had a nice weekend? I didn't stay up for Richard's matches, it would have done me in for about the next 2 weeks. I'm like a baby, I need my sleep!!

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi V! Yeah my weekend was great! There was ice on he lake behind my house so we had a huge iceskating-fest all weekend long:D It was cold though, but nice:) Unfortunately there's warmer weather heading our way so, no more ice in the next few days.

My internet is just driving me INSANE:( There is something wrong with my provider. Somehow it's having trouble connecting to internet. So I'm constantly online/offline/online/offline. Sometimes it takes over an HOUR to get the connection back *sigh* :ras:

How was your weekend:hug:?

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I stayed up... fridaynight? Yeah friday night:) Had no problem whatsoever the next day so :shrug: I say bring on more matches, I'll watch no matter what timezone they're in:lol:

tennis lover
01-11-2009, 07:14 PM
the more night matches, the better for me at the moment because I can't afford to spend time in the day watching tennis when I should be working. :lol:

Hope everyone is good. I'm back at uni now so I have to get used to how cold my flat is again! :sobbing:

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, during the AO I'm having my week of exams, so I can stay up and watch matches on weekdays as well:banana:

Awww... Poor you:hug: Are you one of those types of people who are ALWAYS cold, no matter what?:p

reggie1
01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh, still I'd prefer warmer weather for you Tess, I don't like the idea of you cycling in -20c young lady! And if you go on that frozen lake you be careful. (end of lecture). btw, those photos on photocorner, take a while to load up on the screen. I've taken the rise out of you properly on the photcorner! :lol:
Oh, Poor Jo, I'm a right chilly mortal aswell and really feel the cold. I've always got my heating on, I drive my husband mad as he says no matter what the temperature is outside, it's like Barbados in our house.

reggie1
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Actually my weekend was really nice thank you, had friends round last night and my nan over today so a real chillout day today. We all watched "Happy Feet". It's such a cute film.

tennis lover
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Well, during the AO I'm having my week of exams, so I can stay up and watch matches on weekdays as well:banana:

Awww... Poor you:hug: Are you one of those types of people who are ALWAYS cold, no matter what?:p
you're going to stay up to watch matches during exams? :o

Yes, unfortunately I am but my flat takes a long time to heat up and even then the bedrooms are still really cold. :sobbing: so I spend pretty much all of my time in bed! :o
Oh, Poor Jo, I'm a right chilly mortal aswell and really feel the cold. I've always got my heating on, I drive my husband mad as he says no matter what the temperature is outside, it's like Barbados in our house.
It's annoying isn't it?! My flat is genuinely cold though (although my housemate's boyfriends always says it's warm when the 3 of us are shivering away all day! :lol: )

reggie1
01-11-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh, I forgot to say, I've just joined WTA world, is anyone else a member of there? I've not psoted or anything. I'll probably do what I did with this and "Lurk" before I post anything.

reggie1
01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Is your flat quite old Jo?

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Did I mention that LOADS of people fell the other day when it was so cold, but I didn't :D I was so proud of myself. I was rubbing it in everybody's face that day hehe..:devil: And don't worry, the ice on the lake is about 15 cm deep so... ;) And my skating abilities are absolutely amazing so I'm not going to fall/slip :o:D

Oh barbados... :inlove: Mind if I stop by?

Tess Gray
01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
No, I'm not on WTA world... Just a lurker there at times:)!

And yes, I am going to stay up during my exams:awww: Worked fine the last two years. I won't be watching every match, I'll pick the good ones:p

Happy feet sounds like such a fun movie. I haven't seen it yet but if it comes on the TV I'll definitely watch it. I watched Monsters Inc. over the weekend. It was such a good movie:D I really liked it.

~*BGT*~
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
D, you also had such a busy schedule last year! :lol:

Definitely ;) :p

tennis lover
01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Is your flat quite old Jo?
fairly. and it seems have loads of holes in it as well! :o (student accommodation, don't you just love it?! :rolleyes: )

Schu
01-12-2009, 02:40 AM
Jack is BACK! Jack Bauer that is. Anyone else hooked on 24? I hate that I am so caught up on a stupid TV show but it is ADDICTIVE! Just finished watching the 2 hour season premire and I'm hooked again for the rest of the season.

~*BGT*~
01-12-2009, 03:28 AM
No, it's gone on to long for me to to start following it. :ras: I'm all about Ugly Betty (Papi :awww: ), Nip/Tuck (Shawn and Christian :sobbing: ) and Lost ( :scratch: )

reggie1
01-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Jack is BACK! Jack Bauer that is. Anyone else hooked on 24? I hate that I am so caught up on a stupid TV show but it is ADDICTIVE! Just finished watching the 2 hour season premire and I'm hooked again for the rest of the season.

I've never watched it but I've heard it's good. But I am worrying about you Schu as between staying up at ridiculous hours to watch Richard's matches and watching 24 back to back, you will just have holes for eyes! :lol:
I've been meaning to ask you U.S girls this for ages, do any of you use or are you familiar with a company called "Burts Bees?" It's got an American address on all of their products and they do handcream, eyecream all potions and lotions and I think they are brilliant! Best stuff I've ever used and just wondered if it was poular in the states? All my friends love it too.

reggie1
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
1200 posts now. I like to mark my 00 posts on here, my regular home.

Venle
01-12-2009, 11:14 AM
:wavey:

You've been active, Reggie. ;) You'll overtake me soon :D

Yeah, and then all across Europe and then the US and then back to Europe and back to the US and back to Europe and then Asia and finally ending in London. :p

Wow, can I come with you? :p

like federer used to do.I still remember one of roger match against the clown in canada and at that time he was still the real n°1.
the clown was also doing all those idiots things such as running and jumping after the first few games.
He's soooo annoying really but roger gave him a real lesson, it was obvious that he was annoyed by him but the best way to make him return to his home is to beat him.:angel:

Indeed :angel:

Brownie
01-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I've been meaning to ask you U.S girls this for ages, do any of you use or are you familiar with a company called "Burts Bees?" It's got an American address on all of their products and they do handcream, eyecream all potions and lotions and I think they are brilliant! Best stuff I've ever used and just wondered if it was poular in the states? All my friends love it too.

I use Burt's Bees lip balm...nice and tingly on my lips:lol: I haven't tried any of the other products, but I have seen them being sold.

Danielle, when I first came to MTF, I thought you were from China and got really confused when your flag changed:lol: Is your cat doing any better today?

Tess Gray
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
A job interview Jo? For what job:)?

tennis lover
01-12-2009, 04:41 PM
To become an actuarial trainee. :) the interview is in London though so I have to get the train there tomorrow and stay overnight which is annoying. (either that or leave at about 5am! :o )

I felt sure that post was in the chat thread. we have so many active threads at the moment, I can't keep up! :lol:

~*BGT*~
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I use Burt's Bees lip balm...nice and tingly on my lips:lol: I haven't tried any of the other products, but I have seen them being sold.

Danielle, when I first came to MTF, I thought you were from China and got really confused when your flag changed:lol: Is your cat doing any better today?

No, I don't go anywhere. :sad: It's just my thing. Like Blaze-2004 lists in his sig where all his favorite players are playing atm. I just change my flag/location. :)

And Shanie is doing a bit better. I'm getting him to eat, but he's still laying around and sleeping most of the time. He's lost 3 pounds since Thursday. :eek: But, he was 23 pounds to begin with so it's not too bad in the scope of things. :angel: If he keeps losing more and not eating, we'll take him to the vet.

Schu
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I've never watched it but I've heard it's good. But I am worrying about you Schu as between staying up at ridiculous hours to watch Richard's matches and watching 24 back to back, you will just have holes for eyes! :lol:

Yea, I'm usually "multi-tasking" while watching matches and 24 is the only thing other than news shows and football/basketball/tennis that I really watch on TV (oh and Top Chef, and Project Runway, sometimes I can't resist a bit of McSteamy and McDreamy too). However you can't multi-task while watching 24 because if you miss one minute of it, you're lost plus I'm glued to it. I didn't start watching it until season 4 so I'm not THAT much of a 24 nut...

Burt's Bees is good stuff. I've used the hand lotions, they are great. It seems to be getting more and more popular in the U.S. It used to have sort of a "nature freak" image but no more, in fact I just saw about 3 shevles of the products in a Wal-Mart yesterday! THat's a HUGE discount chain in the U.S. that carries EVERYTHING from clothes to food to electronics.

reggie1
01-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Best of luck with your job interview Jo, I've already lectured you on the other thread about getting some sleep and no late nights. :lol:
Lauren, I thought BGT was chinese too when I first joined! :confused: :lol:
Walmart sell "Burts Bees?" We have a chain of Supermarkets over here called "asda" who are owned by Walmart and they are quite a cheap supermarket so hopefully they will sell it in their shops too as the handcream is about £9.00 here, I think that would be about $18/20 for you, everything is so expensive over here compared to America. :(

tennis lover
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh Best of luck Jo and yes, TRY to get some sleep! No late nights do you hear?! :lol:
yes mum! ;) although it's not that easy when you struggle to sleep before 2/3am! :o but I will try my best and I won't have my laptop or anything so I'll probably just go to bed early through boredom anyway! :lol:

Schu
01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Walmart sell "Burts Bees?" :(

They sell i-phones too but unfortunately they aren't any cheaper...(at least not yet).

adee-gee
01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Nice thread title ;)
:yeah: 24 is the GOAT tv show.

I've just watched the first hour of the new season, pretty good. I hope it doesn't fall away like the last couple have done. Season 1 is still my favourite :o

~*BGT*~
01-12-2009, 11:57 PM
MuzzaRetards are not allowed here. :ras:

;) :p

adee-gee
01-13-2009, 12:09 AM
But I'm a big fan of Richie too :awww: :D

Brownie
01-13-2009, 12:28 AM
Haha, Danielle told me I couldn't be a Richie and Muzza fan when I first came here:p:lol:

Adee-gee...why do you want Gasquetaires in your chat thread? You even changed your avatar to lure in Schu?:lol:

~*BGT*~
01-13-2009, 12:45 AM

Haha, Danielle told me I couldn't be a Richie and Muzza fan when I first came here:p:lol:

I don't know. To me, it seems impossible. The two have prevented the other from achieving something great. Gasquet prevented Murray from participating in the 2007 TMC. And Murray crushed Gasquet's confidence at Wimbly last year. :awww:

Brownie
01-13-2009, 01:41 AM
Kind of like this...
Some more questions if you don't mind:

3) Why do you think it's hard for people on MTF to understand the Fedals why it seems to be ok if people have other 2 favourite players they like equally?

People hate ambiguity it seems, they like black or white, not shades of grey. One or the other. This or that.

Real life isn't like that, of course, it's all about shades of grey, but still people want to shove you into a box, they don't like to see you sat on the fence. I think people are often just lazy thinkers and don't try to empathise or see the other point of view, they'd rather pigeonhole you as a bandwagoner or a gloryhunter than try and work out how you might actually just like both players pretty evenly. :shrug:

Yeah, I felt the same of Murray after Wimbly (that was the first time I saw him play). I could not stand him, couldn't understand why anyone would like him. But then I saw him play a few more times, realized how much work he was putting into his game, and I grew to respect him. I was confused, thinking, I shouldn't like this guy...look what he did to Richard. But even people you like will have things you don't really like about them (see the thread you started on GM:lol:), and I guess it's ok for me that one of those things affected another one of my favorite players. Plus, you can't place the all of blame of a failed match of one player on how their opponent performed.

I've only been watching tennis in the last year (and only since this summer have I followed it closely) so I don't know much about very many players. I keep discovering things that make me like players I was indifferent about before or didn't like at first because they beat Richard in a match. I think (hope) I'm learning to not think so 1-dimensionally about the sport.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself very well:p

~*BGT*~
01-13-2009, 02:18 AM
As long as you like one more than the other, I can understand. :p

Ooh, I have a FF question. I think I remember reading that you have firefox. Anyway, I just downloaded it (and love it!), but on some pages, it says additional plug-ins needed. So I download Flash. But when I try to open it, it says I must close FF but still doesn't work even after I've closed all FF windows. :confused:

Brownie
01-13-2009, 02:24 AM
As long as you like one more than the other, I can understand. :p
Richard~~always miles above everyone else:)

Ooh, I have a FF question. I think I remember reading that you have firefox. Anyway, I just downloaded it (and love it!), but on some pages, it says additional plug-ins needed. So I download Flash. But when I try to open it, it says I must close FF but still doesn't work even after I've closed all FF windows. :confused:
Wow, only just downloaded it!! It's so much better than IE:) Hmmmmmmm, weird...usually it does work for me once I close all the windows. I can't think right now what is wrong, but if I can figure it out, I'll let you know. Do you need to install the plugin and you only just downloaded it? Edit: nope, I think it should automatically install it:scratch:

~*BGT*~
01-13-2009, 03:08 AM
YES! I figured it out. I used IE to download it. It worked! :woohoo: No needing to open an IE window to watch youtube or have the live score up. :D

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. I'm getting extensions tomorrow after school! I've never gotten them before and I'm kinda nervous. I don't want my own hair to get damaged since I'm growing it out. My hair used to be, umm... I'd say between arm pit length and bra strap length. I had to cut off about 5 inches because of damage so now it's about shoulder length. I'm not getting any crazy Beyonce doo :lol: but I'm just gonna get it looking how my hair did before I chopped it off. :D

silverwhite
01-13-2009, 07:47 AM

:spit:

reggie1
01-13-2009, 08:36 AM
My name is reggie1 and I am slowly becoming a Murray Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There I've said it and it's out in the open. I'm finding I am really rooting for him in matches now (I would still always want Richard to win if Murray played him, that will never change), but I'm starting to like Murray. I didn't, couldn't stand him at first but it is so nice to have a decent player from your country play a sport that you love and have a real chance of winning big and us Brits have waited SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for it. I also like the fact that Murray is so unbothered by what people think of him, he is un media/image polished and with a really dry sense of humour. There is no pretence with him, he is what he is. The press over here actually couldn't stand him at first and always said that he was never going to be their "media darling" but he let's his racket do the talking and slowly we are starting to respect him (he caused a lot of bad feeling with his anti English talk despite what other people on GM may say and my opinion to that is unless you live over here you just don't know!)
The fact is any two tennis player will "rob" the other of something at any given point, that's tennis and it is possible to like many players at the same time, we all do don't we?
However, Richard is and will always be my favourite and I want him to win against anybody/everybody. My case is closed!

adee-gee
01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't know. To me, it seems impossible. The two have prevented the other from achieving something great. Gasquet prevented Murray from participating in the 2007 TMC. And Murray crushed Gasquet's confidence at Wimbly last year. :awww:
Gasquet never had any confidence anyway :p

:bolt:

Puschkin
01-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Gasquet never had any confidence anywa

what are you doing here? Living dangerously. :p

reggie1
01-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Hmmm, maybe I need to sleep with my eyes open tonight after what I've just said about Murray. :lol:

tufani
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM

It is possible. I can't call myself a Muzzatard, for sure not, but I do support him unless he plays my other favs. I like Murray less than my other favs, but more than everyone else. And I simply cannot not appreciate all the work he did to improve his game and fitness. I support him since Cincy'06 - a year and few months less than Richard - so for me it wasn't all about that painful infamous Wimbledon match. :shrug:
But I will never support him when he plays Richie. That IS impossible.

lisaplenske
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM

he doesnt know that we eat anyone who dare to come here and criticize richie:o

lisaplenske
01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
:toothy::toothy::toothy:

silverwhite
01-13-2009, 10:39 AM
he doesnt know that we eat anyone who dare to come here and criticize richie:o

How come richie21 is still alive then? :eek:

reggie1
01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
How come richie21 is still alive then? :eek:

Because no one can find him,:sport: he moves from city to city :drive: using different aliases and internet accounts and email addresses like in "The Bourne Identity!" :armed: He is a hunted man with a price on his head. :secret: Apparently Deblicker tried to put a contract out on him last year but he knew it would be impossible to stop the enigma that is Richie21! :devil:

silverwhite
01-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Reggie, you should really post in adee-gee's thread. You'd get along pretty well with your fellow Brit. :p

reggie1
01-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Reggie, you should really post in adee-gee's thread. You'd get along pretty well with your fellow Brit. :p

What/where is his chat thread Silverwhite? Is it on GM? I've never seen it. Don't you want me on here anymore? :sad:

silverwhite
01-13-2009, 11:23 AM
What/where is his chat thread Silverwhite? Is it on GM? I've never seen it. Don't you want me on here anymore? :sad:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=52256

You don't have to give up one thread to post in another. :lol: :p

reggie1
01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for that, it looks a laugh, can anyone just post, or is it like the Masons and I need to be "introduced" by a fellow poster? Will you have to sponsor me Silverwhite? :lol:

lisaplenske
01-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Because no one can find him,:sport: he moves from city to city :drive: using different aliases and internet accounts and email addresses like in "The Bourne Identity!" :armed: He is a hunted man with a price on his head. :secret: Apparently Deblicker tried to put a contract out on him last year but he knew it would be impossible to stop the enigma that is Richie21! :devil:

vicky!:haha::haha::haha:

Hum. I mean yes richie21 is a WANTED person out there but well he must be hidden in a cave very far in the amazony forest.
He likes very much "true things" I guess:shrug:

reggie1
01-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Do you know what would make it even funnier Amira? If Richie21 wasn't even French!!!
It's all part of his "cover" :cool:

silverwhite
01-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks for that, it looks a laugh, can anyone just post, or is it like the Masons and I need to be "introduced" by a fellow poster? Will you have to sponsor me Silverwhite? :lol:

No. You can just post. I kind of introduced you though. :p

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=52256&page=11577

Puschkin
01-13-2009, 11:47 AM
:wavey: Silverwhite, long time no hear and see.

Getta
01-13-2009, 11:56 AM

I don't know. To me, it seems impossible.

Danielle :rolleyes: :D

reggie1
01-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks Getta, thanks Silverwhite. Oh and Silverwhite, I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least I was the last time I looked!

tennis lover
01-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Oh and Silverwhite, I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least I was the last time I looked!
:haha: SW knows a little bit about this problem too! :angel:

reggie1
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM
:haha: SW knows a little bit about this problem too! :angel:

Should I ask? :o

tennis lover
01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
people always assume that he's a girl because he posts here and some people think his name is a bit feminine. :lol: so I just found it funny that he's done the opposite to you! :rolls:

reggie1
01-13-2009, 03:20 PM
people always assume that he's a girl because he posts here and some people think his name is a bit feminine. :lol: so I just found it funny that he's done the opposite to you! :rolls:

Yes and I've just read that SilverWhite never reveals his/her gender so they call him/her different names. I think I'll call him/her "Pics Ferrer" as that thread cracks me up every time I look at it. It just keeps on giving. :lol:

*Martolina*
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Ciao a tutti!!
how's it going? I hope all is well..
January 19th is my birthday and i will do 18 years! My birthday coincides with the start of the Australian Open!! :D
I'm happy because the last days of February will go on holiday in Malta with my friends!!
You tell good thing?? I hope it!
Bye

Tess Gray
01-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Marta:hug: We're already planning a big bday party for you:D:lol: We've invited Richie too so who knows:o

Tess Gray
01-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Oh and Jo, goodluck on your job interview tomorrow:)

gasguet#1
01-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Good morning everyone, feeling so damn tired here this morning, so hot here yesterday, wasn't great for sleeping last night, already feel like I need a Nana Nap;)
Going to be 43 here today:umbrella:

Brownie
01-13-2009, 09:17 PM
43 degrees C???? Jeeeeeez, that's so hot!:eek: I hope you have AC:hug:

Brownie
01-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Ciao a tutti!!
how's it going? I hope all is well..
January 19th is my birthday and i will do 18 years! My birthday coincides with the start of the Australian Open!! :D
I'm happy because the last days of February will go on holiday in Malta with my friends!!
You tell good thing?? I hope it!
Bye
Malta, that sounds like fun!:) Are you doing anything fun on your bday?

Just saw Tess' post too...Good luck with your interview Jo:hug:

gasguet#1
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM
43 degrees C???? Jeeeeeez, that's so hot!:eek: I hope you have AC:hug:

Got it on already to keep the place sort of cool before the real heat gets here later in the day

Brownie
01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
I guess I always pictured Australia as nice and warm (not too hot) with a nice sea breeze...but maybe that's a different time of the year (and only on the coast):lol:

*Martolina*
01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Are you doing anything fun on your bday?

A big dinner with company of school and friends. With my mother we are organizing all, I hope everything goes well..if you (all forum)want to come you are welcome :hearts::kiss::angel::hug:

Marta:hug: We're already planning a big bday party for you:D:lol: We've invited Richie too so who knows:o
Tess :music::rocker2: I expect this party to have fun together and to finally see richie :haha:

silverwhite
01-14-2009, 01:48 AM
:wavey: Silverwhite, long time no hear and see.

silverwhite
01-14-2009, 01:49 AM
Thanks Getta, thanks Silverwhite. Oh and Silverwhite, I'm a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least I was the last time I looked!

Oops! :o

*Martolina*
01-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Today I'm happy for Richie's victory but I dont feel good :sad:, I didn't want to study!!:(

Brownie
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Today I'm happy for Richie's victory but I dont feel good :sad:, I didn't want to study!!:(

I hope you feel better soon:hug: I know how you feel about studying...I've been having a hard time concentrating on my schoolwork the last few days:p

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
i still have 2 months before i go back to university :p

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
At first I was going to say, "seriously???:p", but you are in the middle of summer, huh?:lol: What do you study at uni?

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
haha yes middle of bloody summer!
i study sports science and exercise physiotherapy kind of
i hated it last year because i hate to learn every part of the body in 1 subject in 1 semester :(

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Is that something that would lead you to being a physio some day (or do you have other plans)? Wow, sounds like a lot of memorization in one class!

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah physio...the degree actually gets you into like strength and conditioning of elite athletes, or you can continue after it and become a sports physio which i think i will do so that i can do both

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Very nice! Must be nice to know what you want to do:)...I had noooo idea when I was 18:lol:

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:20 PM
haha...i didnt really know until last year!
and im 19 in 1 week :p haha
what do you study now ?

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
I think we have a lot of bdays coming up in the next week!! You, Marta, Tess (Tess, am I remembering that correctly?;)) :aparty:

I'm studying for a masters in Environmental Engineering. I did my undergrad in chemistry/geology though. Just two more semesters of school:yippee:

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:25 PM
that sounds hard...lol
maybe january is the time to be born for richard supporters

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Haha, maybe!
No, not too hard...lots of math/chemistry/problem solving, which I like. Waaay easier than pure theoretical chemistry classes:p

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
that is definitely hard :lol: ill stick to injury fixing and muscle/fitness development :lol:

*Martolina*
01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
19, 20 and 21 eheh

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
sounds good:lol:

*Martolina*
01-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Maxi party with all we!!

Davodus
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
yeah time for a big party :lol:

*Martolina*
01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
A party with Richie of course XD :lol:

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 05:14 PM
19,20,21 and we're turning 18,17 and 19:lol: I'm the only one who's underaged:sad:

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 05:53 PM
that sounds hard...lol
maybe january is the time to be born for richard supporters

This thread always moves so quickly that I can never keep up. Anyway, this is kinda eerie cus my birthday is in January too. :eek:

:wavey: Lauren, I'm studying engineering too but I'm an undergrad. Which one do you like better-grad or undergrad? And how did you know you wanted to switch to EEE as opposed to chemistry? And will you pursue a PhD degree after masters or will you be going into industry of some sort?

Brownie
01-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Val:wavey: Crazy! What day is your bday??

In terms of atmosphere, I loved undergrad (living on a campus, being with friends all the time, extracurricular activities), but in terms of classes that go towards my major, I think I like my graduate classes better (probably has to do with theoretical versus practical classes). Both my undergrad and graduate research projects were/are great (great advisors) and I can't choose which was better:)

I knew I didn't want to do a job in a research lab when I graduated and couldn't find many other options for chemistry-based jobs that looked appealing to me. I really like working w/ practical problems and came across enviro engineering, and figured it'd be perfect for me! I get to use a lot of my chemistry background in my classes/research, and also some of my geology with groundwater flow and stuff like that.

At this point, I am absolutely ready to be done with school, so no PhD for me:lol: I think I'll be able to find work that will make me happy with a masters though. I have a few options, like working with designing/retrofitting water and wastewater treatment plants or working with groundwater contamination and things to that effect. We'll see where the next year brings me:)

What kind of engineering are you studying? (sorry for the long reply:lol:)

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Mine's on the 21st. Hehe. :)

And I don't mind the long reply a bit. In fact, I find it quite fascinating. It seems like you're really excited about your future profession, which is just wonderful to hear because I know many of my friends who recently graduated aren't really that jazzed about leaving school and entering the work field. They're kinda just going thru the motions of getting a job to support themselves. Also, I find the process of looking for jobs really intimidating. Like, how does one even get started? In any case, it seems like you already know what direction you're aiming for and I have no doubt you'll find your dream job after graduation.

I'm studying biomedical engineering with mechanical eng as track option. It's really demanding because I have to take on average 2 more classes than other engineering majors but I'm beginning to like it more, although I'm not particularly excited to take Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics next year. :sad:

*Martolina*
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Two person will be the bday in 21st :D ..beautiful!!

~*BGT*~
01-14-2009, 07:04 PM
My birthday (June 4) is one day after Rafa's (June 3) and exactly 2 weeks before Richard's (June 18). :p

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:06 PM
We are going to have one rockin' party for 3 days straight:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

many of my friends who recently graduated aren't really that jazzed about leaving school and entering the work field.
That is exactly how I was feeling going into my senior year and prompted me to look into graduate school. At this point, the thought of job interviews are intimidating to me too, and I'll get back to you once I start the job search process:lol: Haha, not sure if I'll find my dream job right off, but hopefully some day:)

I'm studying biomedical engineering with mechanical eng as track option. It's really demanding because I have to take on average 2 more classes than other engineering majors but I'm beginning to like it more, although I'm not particularly excited to take Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics next year. :sad:
Wow, biomedical engineering always sounded like one of the hardest ones to be in! What year are you now? I took a thermodynamics course, but it was chemistry based, so probably much different from yours. I took fluid mechanics my first semester of engineering, and it wasn't too bad. My prof wasn't so great, so if you have a good prof, I bet you'll be fine:) Next semester I have to take a mechanical course--statics and strenghts. I'm not too excited because it will be with a bunch of sophomores:p, but I have to take it since I don't have an engineering background.

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, Val & Lauren, you guys have some fascinating studies! Really interesting to read about all of your classes and jobs and what not:) (Eventhough I dont understand half of it since I am not familiar with the terminology.)

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Oh yes I remember that D ;):lol:

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:08 PM
My birthday (June 4) is one day after Rafa's (June 3) and exactly 2 weeks before Richard's (June 18). :p
I feel like we need a Gasquetaire birthday thread, just like they have one on non-tennis:scratch:

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Wow, Val & Lauren, you guys have some fascinating studies! Really interesting to read about all of your classes and jobs and what not:) (Eventhough I dont understand half of it since I am not familiar with the terminology.)

One day, you can have fascinating studies too Tess;):lol:

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:11 PM
You do the honour Lauren;)

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Well, my future study might BE fascinating, I don't think many people will be thinking the same thing:lol:

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
Haha, I've never created a thread before...I'm soooo neerrrrrrrrvous:lol: Ok, I'll try;)

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Your first thread... :awww: A milestone in your MTF career

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
We are going to have one rockin' party for 3 days straight:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

That is exactly how I was feeling going into my senior year and prompted me to look into graduate school. At this point, the thought of job interviews are intimidating to me too, and I'll get back to you once I start the job search process:lol: Haha, not sure if I'll find my dream job right off, but hopefully some day:)

Wow, biomedical engineering always sounded like one of the hardest ones to be in! What year are you now? I took a thermodynamics course, but it was chemistry based, so probably much different from yours. I took fluid mechanics my first semester of engineering, and it wasn't too bad. My prof wasn't so great, so if you have a good prof, I bet you'll be fine:) Next semester I have to take a mechanical course--statics and strenghts. I'm not too excited because it will be with a bunch of sophomores:p, but I have to take it since I don't have an engineering background.

I'm a sophomore right now. School's starting next week, just in time for AO :mad::mad::mad:
I'll be taking Mechanics class too this semester! My friends tell me it's a really demanding class but it's well worth it.

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Well, my future study might BE fascinating, I don't think many people will be thinking the same thing:lol:

Tess, you're still in high school right? What subjects do you like to study in school?

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Your first thread... :awww: A milestone in your MTF career
I did it, I did it:yippee: Did I mess anything up? :lol: Edit, I just searched, and there's already a bday thread...but no one has posted in it since Danielle's last bday:lol: and there isn't a list of birthdays...think that's a problem?:scratch:

I'm a sophomore right now. School's starting next week, just in time for AO :mad::mad::mad:
I'll be taking Mechanics class too this semester! My friends tell me it's a really demanding class but it's well worth it.
Are you taking statics too?

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I did it, I did it:yippee: Did I mess anything up? :lol:

Are you taking statics too?

Since the class is introductory-level, I think statics is included. I'm actually looking forward to the statics part cus I enjoyed learning about it in Physics.

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Good Lauren:yeah::lol: Let there be many more threads... hehe

Yeah Val, I'm still in highschool. My 5th year now, next year'll be my final year. I like lanuages (dutch, german, french and english), geography and economics eventhough I'm really bad at it:):p

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Since the class is introductory-level, I think statics is included. I'm actually looking forward to the statics part cus I enjoyed learning about it in Physics.
Yeah, I'll have to brush up on my physics a bit:p

Thanks Tess:lol:

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Good Lauren:yeah::lol: Let there be many more threads... hehe

Yeah Val, I'm still in highschool. My 5th year now, next year'll be my final year. I like lanuages (dutch, german, french and english), geography and economics eventhough I'm really bad at it:):p

I love languages too! I took Spanish for 5 years; it was great fun! And geography was always my favorite category in Trivia Pursuit :devil: but I absolutely detest economics. Well...I like some topics, mainly from Macro but I hate Micro and it bored me to tears when I took it last year in college.

Enjoy your senior year! College is harder but something to look forward to. :p

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
And geography was always my favorite category in Trivia Pursuit :devil:
Same here!:lol: and science and nature:)

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Same here!:lol: and science and nature:)

LOL how funny you'll be using your knowledge in all those 3 categories in your future profession! :D

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
haha, never realized that...perfect!! Do you play the really old version (like from the 1970s)? We've had that one all along, and then we got millennium edition. That edition is so much harder, so we just mixed together all the cards from the '70s and the new ones so we wouldn't get too frustrated:lol:

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Trivia Pursuit :help:

I'll definitely enjoy my senior year, I'm already enjoying my semi-senior year:p

Brownie
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Tess, are you saying we're geeks?:lol:

Gotta run...have a nice night girls:wavey:

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 08:02 PM
LOL Lauren, I think it's pretty obvious what we are. :D

I play the Millennium ed; I didn't know there were older versions :o

Cya later!

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 08:03 PM
No I wasnt:lol: (honestly!) Just saying I dont like that game hehe.

Have a nice day!

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
In holland we play more cardgames than boardgames I guess... :shrug:

we play monopoly though:p but I guess that doesnt really cound cause it's played all around the world

reggie1
01-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Hi girls, Hi Dav, nice to see you on the chat thread :wavey:
Your studies all sound really intresting, Lauren I bet you will have a fantastic career, the "water thing" is something that could take you all over the world and really be a profession where you could make a difference. Clean drinking water is such a basic thing really but so many people do not have access to it.
And Dav, you could end up working with tennis players! ;)
Tess, the world is your oyster as we say over here and Val, you sound really clever. I was rubbish at science at school :o

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Monopoly is cool but I love card games too! My friends taught me how to play this Russian game called Stupid or du rock or something this past week. What games do you play in holland?

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi Vicky!:hug: The world is my oyster... sounds good to me:lol: Yes I Can:D

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Uhm... Well, in my family we play a lot of Canasta and a game we call Klaverjassen (it says on wikipedia in the US it's called tarbish?)

EternalxJourney
01-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Vicky!:hug: The world is my oyster... sounds good to me:lol: Yes I Can:D

:lol: That reminds me..Inauguration is less than a week away!! Will anyone else be watching it live?

Uhm... Well, in my family we play a lot of Canasta and a game we call Klaverjassen (it says on wikipedia in the US it's called tarbish?)

I've never heard of tarbish. I wikied it and it says it's mainly played by people from Nova Scotia, Canada but I'll make sure to try it the next time I get together with my friends.

Tess Gray
01-14-2009, 08:27 PM
It's actually quite complicated so you really need someone to teach you:p

I'll watch depending on what time it is being broadcasted. If it's at a reasonable time for me I'll wacth, very interesting. But I'm not getting up in the middle of the night for it:lol:

I'm off to bed, I'm tired! Have a nice day (val) or eve (Vicky)

:hug: ciao ladies!

tennis lover
01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Yes and I've just read that SilverWhite never reveals his/her gender so they call him/her different names. I think I'll call him/her "Pics Ferrer" as that thread cracks me up every time I look at it. It just keeps on giving. :lol:
he's definitely a he but he won't tell anyone his name or anything. :p
Oh and Jo, goodluck on your job interview tomorrow:)
Just saw Tess' post too...Good luck with your interview Jo:hug:
sorry for the late reply! :o but thank you! :kiss:

Brownie
01-14-2009, 09:42 PM
In holland we play more cardgames than boardgames I guess... :shrug:

we play monopoly though:p but I guess that doesnt really cound cause it's played all around the world

I love all games (except scrabble)!:D My friends/family make fun of me for how competitive I am (my mum is just as bad though):lol:

I bet I'll watch the inauguration:)

Davodus
01-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Hi girls, Hi Dav, nice to see you on the chat thread :wavey:
Your studies all sound really intresting, Lauren I bet you will have a fantastic career, the "water thing" is something that could take you all over the world and really be a profession where you could make a difference. Clean drinking water is such a basic thing really but so many people do not have access to it.
And Dav, you could end up working with tennis players! ;)
Tess, the world is your oyster as we say over here and Val, you sound really clever. I was rubbish at science at school :o

ohh thankyou for the welcome :cool:
i would like to work in tennis, and I might end up down that path...but i think i will end up in swimming :shrug: because thats what i competed in and i already do learn to swim coaching

Venle
01-15-2009, 11:34 AM

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi Venla! How are you?

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I love how everyone keeps drooling over the ass-pics Suktuen posted :haha:

Brownie
01-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Hi Tess:wavey::hug:

Richard's ass pics:drool::drool::drool: ;):lol:

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I know haha:lol: Personally I think we should quote them at least once every few weeks... unless we get some new ones ofcourse ;) But I dont think Danielle will let us forget those pics:lol:

Brownie
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
If spirits are down, just quote the pics!:lol:

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Exactly :lol:

Almost weekend :woohoo: Can't wait:p

Brownie
01-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Weeeeeeekend!!! This is the weekend I go to NYC:woohoo: I'm having a hard time focusing on my work that's due tomorrow:lol:

Do you have anything fun planned?

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh right, I almost forgot! When are you leaving exactly?

Yeah, my friend Jennifer is turning 17 tomorrow. So we'll have a small get together at her house and after that we'll go out (:aparty:). Saturday my family is coming for my bday and sunday is going to be spent studying for my exams:sad:

Brownie
01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Busy busy!! I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon:)

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Cool!:D

Yes I have such a busy social life :o

tennis lover
01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
I have the day off tomorrow. :dance: *is smug* :D ;)

Tess Gray
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
:speakles: Why dyou have the day off?:)

tennis lover
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
my lecture was cancelled and I usually only have the one on fridays. :D

reggie1
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi girls.
Jo how did your interview go?

tennis lover
01-15-2009, 08:45 PM
it wasn't too bad actually, was more of a chat than an interview anyway. :) I'll have to wait and see if I've got through to the next stage though. I had a bad experience on the tube on my way there though, I almost fainted and blacked out and felt really sick, it was horrible! :o

~*BGT*~
01-15-2009, 11:22 PM
:hug: Feel better?

tennis lover
01-16-2009, 12:16 AM
:hug: I'm absolutely fine now thanks. As soon as I got off the tube, drank some water, ate a banana and got some fresh air I was ok. :) Just had a bit of a headache all day. It was pretty scary though, I couldn't see anything but darkness for about two tube stops, how I didn't faint I'll never know! :o

PinkFeatherBoa
01-16-2009, 01:17 AM
:wavey: Wow this place is so busy, I only last checked here a day ago and I have so much to catch up on. :lol:

:hug: I'm absolutely fine now thanks. As soon as I got off the tube, drank some water, ate a banana and got some fresh air I was ok. :) Just had a bit of a headache all day. It was pretty scary though, I couldn't see anything but darkness for about two tube stops, how I didn't faint I'll never know! :o

:hug: Aww, that sounds horrible, well glad you feel better. The tube is really not a very nice place to travel sometimes imo (well this may be me just moaning as I have to use it fairly often). What really annoys me is how hot it is under there even in Winter, usually they have the heating way too high and then the train gets crowded with hot, sweaty people, all bundled up in too much clothes and in each other armpits and it just becomes generally unbearable, so I can definitely sympathise. :awww: Stupid tube. :ras:

Brownie
01-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Sounds so frightening! Especially before an interview:hug: I'm happy you're feeling ok now:)

reggie1
01-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh Jo you poor love! Were you a bit nervous? That can make you feel light headed? Interviews are so horrible, you have to "sell" yourself, I'm always crap at it because I think I don't want to seem really big headed but if you don't show your good points then you get forgotten about and it looks like you have no confidence.
Lauren enjoy your trip. Is it really cold over there at the mo?

Brownie
01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh Jo you poor love! Were you a bit nervous? That can make you feel light headed? Interviews are so horrible, you have to "sell" yourself, I'm always crap at it because I think I don't want to seem really big headed but if you don't show your good points then you get forgotten about and it looks like you have no confidence.
Lauren enjoy your trip. Is it really cold over there at the mo?

It is freakin' cold!:eek: -19 degrees at the moment...and that's F not C...so -27C.
I hope my car starts:unsure:

Venle
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Venla! How are you?

Hi Tess :hug: I'm fine, thank you. I had a pretty nice school day. AO is very close.

How are you? :wavey:

Tess Gray
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Yeah I'm fine too. So excited it's finally weekend:lol:. Going to go out tonight and blow off some steam before my exams which start on wednesday :sad:

Just came by real quick to tell you all about my fantastic grade I got in my English class haha! I had to write a letter in which I complained about invitations I had ordered for my graduation party. Anyway, I got a 9.5 (out of 10) so I was really excited because writing a formal letter is also part of your exams:) I had 1 thing wrong, which was the most stupid mistake ever :lol: I had written that the date was 9th of January. Who in the world throws a graduation party in January... :rolleyes:

Lauren have fun in NYC. -27 :eek: Holy cr*p, that's really cold.

Davodus
01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
in australia there might be a graduation party in january, as november/december is graduation time :lol:

reggie1
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah I'm fine too. So excited it's finally weekend:lol:. Going to go out tonight and blow off some steam before my exams which start on wednesday :sad:

Just came by real quick to tell you all about my fantastic grade I got in my English class haha! I had to write a letter in which I complained about invitations I had ordered for my graduation party. Anyway, I got a 9.5 (out of 10) so I was really excited because writing a formal letter is also part of your exams:) I had 1 thing wrong, which was the most stupid mistake ever :lol: I had written that the date was 9th of January. Who in the world throws a graduation party in January... :rolleyes:

Lauren have fun in NYC. -27 :eek: Holy cr*p, that's really cold.

Well done Tess, it doesn't surprise me as your English is amazing! :D

my0118
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Hello guys. :wavey:
Wow long time no see and there are lots of Richard fans I do not particularly know and plus it's been so active!

Anyhow, good luck to Gasquet and his fans this year!

Tess Gray
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Unfortunately Dav, I said my adress was in Holland :p

Hiya! :wavey: What's your name?:)

Davodus
01-16-2009, 03:15 PM
ahh see if you had said australia you would have got the full 10 :lol:

Tess Gray
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes :sad: But I'm not spoiled, I'm content with a 9.5 :angel: :p

Anyone here reading Gael's blog? I'm trying to decipher his "french". Thanks to Truc for the translation :worship: lol:lol:

tennis lover
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM
I was a bit nervous but not as bad as I thought I would be actually, I think it was more the fact that the tube was disgustingly crowded and I hadn't eaten or drunk anything. :shrug: That's what I hate about interviews as well. I know I'm not stupid but I cannot sell myself because I feel arrogant and I don't like it. :rolleyes:
It is freakin' cold!:eek: -19 degrees at the moment...and that's F not C...so -27C.
I hope my car starts:unsure:
:speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: :speakles: have a lovely weekend! :speakles: wear lots of layers! :speakles: :speakles: :speakles:
well done! :hug:
Hello guys. :wavey:
Wow long time no see and there are lots of Richard fans I do not particularly know and plus it's been so active!

Anyhow, good luck to Gasquet and his fans this year!
:wavey: hey Mia, how are you doing? haven't seen you here in a while. :D

Pepi.
01-16-2009, 11:08 PM
How is everybody? :)

my0118
01-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Unfortunately Dav, I said my adress was in Holland :p

Hiya! :wavey: What's your name?:)

Hey Nice to meet you. Call me Mia ;)
How about you? :D

:wavey: hey Mia, how are you doing? haven't seen you here in a while. :D

Hey Jo, I've been doing fine.
I've been studying, so I couldn't post everyday like I used to.
How are you, Jo? How have you been? :smooch: