The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

reggie1
12-20-2008, 09:45 AM
Happy birthday Jo, hope you have a nice day and lots of birthday cake! :bdaycake::aparty::cat::dog: I've always wanted to use the dog and cat smilies and now can in honour of your new pets :)
Oh and btw, you are NOT old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

lisaplenske
12-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Happy birthday JO:yippee::yippee::bigwave::hatoff::rocker2::music ::banana:

I'm listening to mariah carey songs these last days but not her last album!!just the old songs.You know when she was not in the "bitch mode".
I used to be a fan of her but I let her down causethe image she gives today,her music is not what it used to be.She made so many beautiful songs in the past.Music Box is her best album.
I like her christmas album, great one too.
take a look there:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8rY0Fyws20

lisaplenske
12-20-2008, 11:27 AM
another christmas song:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0VfiFxtHo&NR=1

~*BGT*~
12-20-2008, 09:51 PM
btw, Vicky I see that you're kinda drooling over the Dutchie, Jesse:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeR9h9Q4Bdw&feature=channel_page

Somewhere around 18 seconds there's a few seconds of him and you get look straight into his gorgeous eyes:p

I like Robin Haase more:p but that's just my personal opinion:angel:

All I know about Jesse is that my Zhenya beat him the semifinals of the Aachen challenger earlier this year. He's mine. :inlove: and I don't share :armed: :p

http://evgenykorolev.net/photo/albums/magazines/cleo_australia/cleo_australia.jpg

No Richie, but HILARIOUS all the same:haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiWARyuD_I

That was hilarious. :haha: I liked Gilles and Sam the most. :)

:lol: He just loves you very very much.

:secret:I hate cats:ras::secret:

Do you have a big christmas party in your family?

:speakles:

tennis lover
12-20-2008, 10:19 PM
Happy birthday Jo, hope you have a nice day and lots of birthday cake! :bdaycake::aparty::cat::dog: I've always wanted to use the dog and cat smilies and now can in honour of your new pets :)
Oh and btw, you are NOT old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)
I actually didn't get a birthday cake! :awww: but I went shopping, had a lovely time with some friends last night and was taken out for a belated birthday dinner today so it's all good. :D I'll celebrate properly on Tuesday though, can't wait! :dance: (good use of the animal smilies by the way! ;) )
:secret: I feel old, after 21 it's all downhill! :sobbing: I just don't think 22 is a great age! but I'll get over it. :p

Brownie
12-21-2008, 01:44 PM
It is starting to snow here AGAIN!!! We are suppose to get 12-18inches (30-45cm) over the next 2 days! And it doesn't look like it will rain and wash all the snow away like it sometimes does. Yay for a white Christmas:banana:

Vicky and Tess, I think you introduced me to French and Saunders. Thank you! I watched more of their skits on youtube yesterday. They are soooooooooooooooo funny:rolls:

I like her christmas album, great one too.
take a look there:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8rY0Fyws20
My bf is OBSESSED with this version/music video of the song:rolleyes::lol:

Amira, I feel exactly the same, full of cold, headache and aching limbs! I hope you feel better.

hope you all feel good cause as for me I'm just having a Big flu and its very annoying.:sobbing::explode:
:hug::hug:I hope you two are feeling better! I hate that achy flu feeling:sad:
still how many days before new season starting?:rain:Almost there! About 2 more weeks I think (and Christmas and New Years are in between now and then:woohoo:)

:secret: I feel old, after 21 it's all downhill! :sobbing: I just don't think 22 is a great age! but I'll get over it. :p
:secret:I know how you feel. 21st birthday was the last one that was actually exciting for me. Oh well, I suppose I will get over it too:rolleyes:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 02:26 PM
So my life will go downhill in about 5 years :awww: dammit:(

Amira & Vicky, hope you two are feeling better soon:hug:.

Lauren have fun with the snow:lol: I always stay inside whenever it snows... too cold for me:p

Brownie
12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Don't worry Tess:hug: I think I'm just going through a weird phase, like I'm stuck in limbo. I graduated college, which was a really fun with lots of friends around, and then moved back home for grad school, so I'm kind of bored (I'm pretty lazy when it comes to getting myself to going out...plus there isn't much to do where I live). I'm sure I'll get over it when I am done with grad school and get to start my own life as an actual adult:) I know, I know, woe is me:lol:

Haha, I think I'll just look at the snow from inside. It's about -15°C right now:eek:

tennis lover
12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
So my life will go downhill in about 5 years :awww: dammit:(
:ras: not funny! ;)

aww, I'm jealous of people who have snow. :awww: We never get snow, it's so pretty! :)

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
All I know about Jesse is that my Zhenya beat him the semifinals of the Aachen challenger earlier this year. He's mine. :inlove: and I don't share :armed: :p
You're scaring me :unsure::scared:

:speakles:

Sorry I just do:o besides I'm reeaaalllyy allergic to them.

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 03:12 PM
-15 :eek: Poor you:hug: That really is waaaay too cold:lol:

So there still is hope for me:lol: You're a bit in a dip:awww: maybe when spring comes it'll be over. Or you could do another study :lol: so you can stay longer in college:D Plenty of people over here do that.

Brownie
12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Definitely hope for you;)

Yeahhh, good idea, but I'm ready to be done with taking classes now:lol:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 03:35 PM
haha okay;) Not going to work then:lol:

(btw, when is it 'then' and when 'than', I never know. I just always use then:p:o)

Brownie
12-21-2008, 05:57 PM
than: use it to compare stuff...I have more apples than you. She is taller than him.

then: use it when talking about time...I have to go to the store, and then I can go to the movies with you.

So you used "then" correctly in your sentence:) Does that make sense?

EternalxJourney
12-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Happy holidays everyone!

I haven't followed the chat threads for a while but hope you're all doing well.

reggie1
12-21-2008, 06:40 PM
Good evening Ladies, :wavey: hope everyone is o.k, sorry to hear you are a bit in limbo at the moment Lauren.:hug: It's horrible when you feel like that, Perhaps you need a dose of sunshine and summer to cheer you up. I've felt a bit down lately, I felt bad for feeling like it because I think it's Christmas and really I've got nothing to moan about but sometimes you just feel out of sorts. :rolleyes: The weather is awful and miserable, everyone seems to have colds and chest infections, the news is utterly depressing in this country, it's all about the recession and credit crunch, I just hate hate hate winter.:fiery: We all need some tennis aswell. :help: I shall watch some French and Saunders like you Lauren, that always makes me laugh. Moan over now! Sometimes it's good to have a little rant. :banghead::yeah: It's quite therapeutic using all those angry smilies! :devil: You O.K Miss Gray?

reggie1
12-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Ooh, I'm up to 690 posts, I can feel promiscuous posting coming on to get to 700!

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Happy holidays to you too Val:) I don't think we've chatted before:scratch:, but I'm Lauren:wavey:

Thanks V:hug: I bet a little January tennis will cheer me up, oh and the holidays:D Are you feeling any better today? Does the rest of your family have the same cold?

Haha, promiscuous posting:aplot: I see you're becoming quite a star on GM;) Are you going to throw me a fun party at 500 (almost there!)?

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi V:wavey: :D Are you feeling a little better?:hug:
I'm doing just fine actually:D! The winter-blues never bothers me as much as other people. But today is the shortest day of the year, so it'll only get better from now:lol: We're here if you want to rant:hug::lol:
700 posts:yeah: wow.

Thanks for the explanation Lauren:D definitely makes sense. I thought it was used in completely different ways:o Oh I have so much to learn:lol::p

Happy holidays Val:hug:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
But today is the shortest day of the year, so it'll only get better from now:lol:

oooOOOOooo, good thinking:yeah: I completely forgot it was the longest day of the year! It's dark anyway with all the snow/clouds:lol:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Hey Vicky...random question. Does the UK use the "english" method of measurements (inches, feet, miles, etc.) or have you guys already upgraded to metric?

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:13 PM
shortest, not longest:p

If this was the longest day we'd have a problem on planet earth:lol:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:16 PM
:lol: I meant longest night;)

tennis lover
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Vicky...random question. Does the UK use the "english" method of measurements (inches, feet, miles, etc.) or have you guys already upgraded to metric?
we're very complicated people in Britain so we like to use a mixture of metric and imperial measurements to confuse everyone else! ;) older people still just use the imperial measurements because they get confused by cms/kms etc but I think in school we are taught mainly metric measurements (but we learn how to compare them I think) :lol: it's all very confusing! :sobbing:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:21 PM
You brit's dont know what you want:o

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Guys, I have a question. What songs are being played when you go out to a club or something? What type of music is being played or do you like dancing to?

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I do feel better thank you. I am the last one in the family to get it but it will be gone by Christmas, I'm sure of it. I've just found a great lookalike for Richie, the actor Jeremy Sumpter, I tried to post it on the look alikes thread but it didn't work!

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:27 PM
I will do a party for you Lauren xx

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Guys, I have a question. What songs are being played when you go out to a club or something? What type of music is being played or do you like dancing to?

I like anything really, love 70's and 80's music, can't beat a bit of Take That and "Relight my Fire" though! :devil:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:29 PM
Us Americans are worse! As a sciency-person, I know metric is WAYYYY easier to use, but I'm forced to convert between the two in classes and stuff:o And everything else is in english units for regular day life stuff.

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:31 PM

Officially, it's metric but we all (well, those of a certain age ;)) still use feet and inches, my kids use metric but I still think the old way!

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:35 PM
we're very complicated people in Britain so we like to use a mixture of metric and imperial measurements to confuse everyone else! ;) older people still just use the imperial measurements because they get confused by cms/kms etc but I think in school we are taught mainly metric measurements (but we learn how to compare them I think) :lol: it's all very confusing! :sobbing:

Yes, I obviously fall into the category of the older person!! :lol:

reggie1
12-21-2008, 07:36 PM
700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm such a cheat, I know, but, am I bovvered??????? :devil:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, where's my party?:scratch:;):lol:

Tess, we don't really have clubs around here, but when I went to some in Boston, it was a lot of pop/hip hop songs. I used to love dances at school with 80's music:D What about you? Is it mostly techno music?

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Damnit I missed your party :(

here goes:

:woohoo::banana::rocker2::rocker::banana::woohoo: :yeah:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Haha, thanks:D Vicky was too busy celebrating her 700th post:p:lol:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
So you don't have any clubs there? Seriously? So how do you go out?:scratch:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
See why I'm bored;) It's just bars/pubs where I am. No clubs:p

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh dear:awww: Poor you:hug: Well come to Holland:banana:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Or Boston I guess....:p

Brownie
12-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I guess that's what I'll have to do:lol:

reggie1
12-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm sorry Lauren :worship:
:bounce::dance::yippee::rocker2::music::banana::ro cker::aparty::singer::rocker2::music::banana::rock er::yippee::yeah:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Have you guys ever heard of après-ski?:p Is that popular over in the US or UK?

Brownie
12-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks V;)

Nope, never heard of it (I think)...what is it?

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 08:17 PM
How does one describe après-ski:lol:

I guess it's something german/swiss/austrian/dutch. After you've hit the slopes you go to a club, party and you drink. A lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9jU8KRzRlE

remember, you are drunk when you listen to this:lol: But now it's also being played in normal clubs. And for some reason, eventhough it's horrible music, it really catches on. Everybody's dancing and stuff:lol:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQO6ZAZ5URs&feature=related

And something like this. :rolls: :help:

Brownie
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Haha, yodeling!

Looks like a good fun time:lol:

Tess Gray
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah I guess.. one song is okay but I can't handle more:help:

anyway, I'm off to bed;) Early day tomorrow...
:hug: ciao bella

Brownie
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Byebye! Sleep well:hug:

reggie1
12-21-2008, 09:11 PM
No we don't have apres ski here, nowhere to ski! Night night ladies xx

tennis lover
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM
You brit's dont know what you want:o
we want it all! ;) that's the problem. :p
Officially, it's metric but we all (well, those of a certain age ;)) still use feet and inches, my kids use metric but I still think the old way!
but we still have miles on road signs and we sell milk in pints so it hasn't completely changed officially! I use a mixture of the two really. :shrug: must be part of the in between generation. :lol:
No we don't have apres ski here, nowhere to ski!
exactly! :sobbing:

EternalxJourney
12-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Hi Lauren! :wavey: I see it's snowing in your area. So is mine. Where do you live?

~*BGT*~
12-22-2008, 10:53 AM
VENLA!! CHECK YOUR PM'S.

OMG, I'm so pissed!! I woke up at 5:00 AM to get to work at 6:00. I was originally scheduled at 8 and then they asked if I could come in at 6 instead, which is fine since I need more hours, but I had today off. :o So, I wake up, put on some make-up, get dressed, my mom even makes me some hot coffee to bring on the drive there. I get to the car and realized that I didn't slam the door all the way so the side light was on all day and all night. I knew instantly that my car wouldn't start and guess what? It didn't! so now it's almost 6 AM, I should almost be at work and I'm waiting for my dad to come over to jump start my car. Great. :mad:

Brownie
12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi Lauren! :wavey: I see it's snowing in your area. So is mine. Where do you live?

I'm from Maine:). We got about a foot of snow! What part of New York are you from?

Poor Danielle:hug:

reggie1
12-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Good afternoon girls, had a lovely da today, took my kids to the zoo with a friend and her kids and we all got to see Santa and the kids got a present. Not too cold today either, it was a really Christmassy atmosphere there aswell.

Tess Gray
12-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Vicky:wavey: The zoo is so cute! Do your girls have a favourite animal?

Danielle:hug: Hope you got to work okay. It sucks when your day starts like that:mad: Hope it didn't ruine your mood:scared::hug:

btw, about the après-ski, we dont have snow in holland either:lol: But anything for a good excuse to party right?:p

lisaplenske
12-22-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone

happy for you vicky,happy you enjoyed a real christmas atmosphere today with your kids.
You must have seen stars in their eyes while they were having such a good day.
Very kind mum you must be;)

as for me Im still very ill, coughing so much,it cause me some pain in my breast but its less worse than few days before:o

lisaplenske
12-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi Vicky:wavey: The zoo is so cute! Do your girls have a favourite animal?

you mean of the zoo?I like monkeys,they are so funny and fascinating cause they are looking like humans, not all but mostly:lol:

Danielle:hug: Hope you got to work okay. It sucks when your day starts like that:mad: Hope it didn't ruine your mood:scared::hug:

poor danielle indeed.Today I was watching tv and they were talking about a website in which posters let their impressions about a day they felt so embarrassed about them or their job.
Its called "vie de merde".You can let a message,its a kind of free therapie lol and you can feel less miserable because many others feel the same.:o

btw, about the après-ski, we dont have snow in holland either:lol: But anything for a good excuse to party right?:p

We have it in France so come to France!:p:wavey:

Tess Gray
12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
actually I'd love to come to France:D

But not for the snow, it's too damn cold for me:lol:

How was your day Amira??:D:hug:

lisaplenske
12-22-2008, 04:41 PM
hey tess, actually Im just so weak because of my illness and that sucks.I cant do anything.I stayed at home watchning some christmas movies on tv.
Nothing that great lol.Just hope this to finish and get well soon,thank you for asking:kiss:

and you? bien j'espère;)

Venle
12-22-2008, 04:53 PM
VENLA!! CHECK YOUR PM'S.

OMG, I'm so pissed!! I woke up at 5:00 AM to get to work at 6:00. I was originally scheduled at 8 and then they asked if I could come in at 6 instead, which is fine since I need more hours, but I had today off. :o So, I wake up, put on some make-up, get dressed, my mom even makes me some hot coffee to bring on the drive there. I get to the car and realized that I didn't slam the door all the way so the side light was on all day and all night. I knew instantly that my car wouldn't start and guess what? It didn't! so now it's almost 6 AM, I should almost be at work and I'm waiting for my dad to come over to jump start my car. Great. :mad:

Checked. :wavey:

Sorry to hear that, Danielle. :hug:

Tess Gray
12-22-2008, 05:15 PM
still feeling ill?:( sorry to hear. Hopefully it'll be over soon.

My day was fine;) Nothing special. Worked from 8 to 17, and that was about it:lol:

reggie1
12-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Evening girls, Poor Amira,:hug: I hope you feel better soon, today was the first day that I felt like myself so I know how ill you must feel, there's a few days to go until Christmas so I hope you are better for it. Just rest and watch old movies and have lots of hot drinks.
The Zoo was really lovely Tess, :wavey: they had Christmas decorations and played Christmas music. My kids like the Monkeys and the Tigers. I love the Monkeys and the Elephants. The Elephants fascinate me because they just seem so knowing and intelligent.
Poor Danielle, :hug: what a day you must have had!

~*BGT*~
12-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Y'all are so nice :smooch: Tessa, this is where I work: American Eagle Outfitters (http://www.ae.com/web/index.jsp) . Look at some of the clothes. :) And especially the 77Kids line. :lol: They ship to Holland. ;)

It was always my favorite store so it was great when I got hired and got that great discount. :D And today at work was pretty good. When we're working as cashiers, we try to get as many people to sign up for our credit card as possible. In the 7 months I've been there, I've only gotten 2. :o But I got 3 this morning and that was so great! :woohoo:

Brownie
12-22-2008, 08:04 PM
as for me Im still very ill, coughing so much,it cause me some pain in my breast but its less worse than few days before:o
:hug:

I got and early Christmas present today...the TENNIS CHANNEL!!!! eeekkk, I'm so excited:woohoo:

~*BGT*~
12-22-2008, 08:08 PM
TTC is so awesom. I got it just in time for the DC final last year since I couldn't be there :ras:

Brownie
12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
It was always my favorite store so it was great when I got hired and got that great discount.
ooooOOOOoooo, good choice for a job:) I'd be afraid I'd spend all my paycheck on new clothes:lol:

I love the Monkeys and the Elephants. The Elephants fascinate me because they just seem so knowing and intelligent.
I agree! Whenever I go to the zoo I just love watching all the primates and elephants:)

Tess, where do you work? I know you told me at one point, but I totally forgot:o

~*BGT*~
12-22-2008, 08:26 PM
With a 40% discount and 25% off clearance, everything is pretty good. :)

~*BGT*~
12-23-2008, 12:22 AM
OMG, the day just got so much better. My brother surprised me with 2 free tickets to see the Lakers in New Orleans tomorrow!! OMG, Sashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :aparty:

NxXdxJFZMJY

Vujacic for 3... BANG!! :armed:

XjAaaIBHJPo

Venle
12-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Snow! Snow! :eek:

Yesterday there was none of it here and I thought we're gonna have a snowless Christmas. But then I woke up this morning. It's a miracle. :cool:

Aww, get well soon. :hug:

Venle
12-23-2008, 06:41 AM
OMG, the day just got so much better. My brother surprised me with 2 free tickets to see the Lakers in New Orleans tomorrow!! OMG, Sashaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :aparty:

NxXdxJFZMJY

Vujacic for 3... BANG!! :armed:

XjAaaIBHJPo

Congratulations! :aparty:

I should go having breakfast.

Btw, have you guys seen ATP's new website? (or ATP World Tour, should I say.) Anyway, it's awful. :sobbing:

reggie1
12-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Congratulations! :aparty:

Btw, have you guys seen ATP's new website? (or ATP World Tour, should I say.) Anyway, it's awful. :sobbing:

I'll have a look, I know lots of people have been moaning about the new Logo ;) I just want some tennis to watch!

I got and early Christmas present today...the TENNIS CHANNEL!!!! eeekkk, I'm so excited:woohoo:

Ooh, Lauren, I'm really jealous, is this just an American thing? I watch my tennis on Sky Sports but they don't televise everything (it's not bad for coverage but you do have to pay for it, though well worth the money imo), if you don't have Sky, there is practically zero tennis televised here other than Wimbly and Queens. Will you get almost all tournaments on it? I bet you can't wait for the season to start now?
I have never watched the Australian open before, I didn't have Sky until the summer and I don't recall it ever being televised here so I'm really looking forward to it.

lisaplenske
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
:wavey:all

omg I just checked the the new atp website and it actually made me scared:bolt:
seriously I think they just put "too much" there.2009 may be a great year with much of excitation but dont like the new website.

You watched the video?richard was also hitting a ball of fire :p

Puschkin
12-23-2008, 11:51 AM
You watched the video?richard was also hitting a ball of fire :p

Which video?

BTW: Merry Xmas to all fellow-Gasquetaires!

Edit: Watched the video. But why did they chose a serve and not the most gorgeous BH on the tour?

tennis lover
12-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Ooh, Lauren, I'm really jealous, is this just an American thing? I watch my tennis on Sky Sports but they don't televise everything (it's not bad for coverage but you do have to pay for it, though well worth the money imo), if you don't have Sky, there is practically zero tennis televised here other than Wimbly and Queens. Will you get almost all tournaments on it? I bet you can't wait for the season to start now?
I have never watched the Australian open before, I didn't have Sky until the summer and I don't recall it ever being televised here so I'm really looking forward to it.
I don't have Sky! :sobbing: I have to resort to watching tennis online whenever I can. :shrug: although I think we usually get the Australian Open night matches on bbc interactive (we did a couple of years ago anyway, not sure about this year because I was in France). But yes, tennis coverage is dire if you don't have sky. *sigh* probably a good job though because I need as few distractions as possible from my uni work over the next 6 months and I'll only look for a livestream for matches I really want to watch.

lisaplenske
12-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Which video?

BTW: Merry Xmas to all fellow-Gasquetaires!

Edit: Watched the video. But why did they chose a serve and not the most gorgeous BH on the tour?

Merry Christmas too:kiss::smooch: even if I dont celebrate it lol

I was wondering the same, quite surprized about that image choice by the atp but not a big deal.
Richard will show the entire world his high class backhand in 2009 when he'll come back to the top where he belongs.
He will hit such amazing balls all over the court and he wont need any special "effects" to do so:angel::cool:;)

Schu
12-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Merry Christmas

Joyeux Noel

And yes strange choice for the ATP video, RIchard has the most georgeous backhand on tour and they do him serving and at an akward angle with that funny face he always has when serving.

TTC is great - you'll enjoy it but I just wish they could show more tournaments instead of the same old Murphy Jensen doing Las Vegas or Russia or whatever over and over and over. I guess the channel is still rather new and funding to do a lot of different segments is not there yet. I keep waiting for "Bag Check" with Richard or better yet "Gasquet Does Paris" :D

RFK
12-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Might not be on here much in the next week or so what with christmas and revising for exams in January (Not looking forward to spending the xmas holidays working!).
Just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas and happy new year!:aparty:
Hopefully 2009 will be a fantastic year for everyone, including Richard!!

reggie1
12-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Nice to hear from you katie, I hope you have a lovely Christmas.
I have tried to look at this video but it seems that the new website is a bit much for my computer (others on GM have been saying the same thing) and I got fed up waiting so came out of it! I don't know what I think of it really, it reminds me of starwars/intergalactic stuff and it comes across as a bit nerdy. :confused:

PinkFeatherBoa
12-23-2008, 06:27 PM
That new ATP is very overdone and weird, it's going to take some getting used to since it looks like it belongs advertising Star Wars or other such Science Fiction. :lol: Unless tennis players really are going to start playing with lightsabers and "balls of fire" in 2009? ;)

Jo, the BBC will probably show the night session again this year :yeah:, and of course the final. Shame they don't cover it overnight (the day session) like they used to about 5 years ago on BBC2. I agree with you that i probably don't need the tennis distractions this year though (good old final year uni ;)). Belated Happy Birthday btw, hope you're doing well. :hug:

Happy Christmas/Holiday Season everyone! Best wishes.

EternalxJourney
12-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm from Maine:). We got about a foot of snow! What part of New York are you from?

Poor Danielle:hug:

New York City :). It's so cold here so I can only imagine how much colder it is up there. Hope you're keeping warm!

Brownie
12-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!:hug:

Vicky, I'm guessing I'll still have to rely a lot on ATPtv for watching most tennis matches, but I like TTC so far. I got to watch parts of 2 old matches w/ Nole and Dinara. If they ever do a show with Richard, I'll be so excited (and shocked :lol:). In terms of US tennis coverage, I'm sad that the USOpen won't be on the USA channel anymore:ras:

Val, it is so cold here! Not enjoyable to go outside. That's cool, NYC (it's the only part of New York I've been too:lol:). One of my college roomies is doing Teach for America in the Bronx, so I went to visit her last March. We had so much fun going to the Met, MoMA, Ellis Island, etc.

Danielle, have fun at the bball game!! (you've probably already left for it though:))

Hmmm, the new website...what's up with all the spacey stuff? :rolleyes: I don't like the dorky new ATP logo, but I do like the ATP screensaver

Brownie
12-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Just in case you didn't vote for Richie yet: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135053

The semifinal poll is very close for the last few spots in the final!
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/update2.PNG

~*BGT*~
12-24-2008, 02:27 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!:hug:

Vicky, I'm guessing I'll still have to rely a lot on ATPtv for watching most tennis matches, but I like TTC so far. I got to watch parts of 2 old matches w/ Nole and Dinara. If they ever do a show with Richard, I'll be so excited (and shocked :lol:). In terms of US tennis coverage, I'm sad that the USOpen won't be on the USA channel anymore:ras:

Val, it is so cold here! Not enjoyable to go outside. That's cool, NYC (it's the only part of New York I've been too:lol:). One of my college roomies is doing Teach for America in the Bronx, so I went to visit her last March. We had so much fun going to the Met, MoMA, Ellis Island, etc.

Danielle, have fun at the bball game!! (you've probably already left for it though:))

Hmmm, the new website...what's up with all the spacey stuff? :rolleyes: I don't like the dorky new ATP logo, but I do like the ATP screensaver

Didn't go. :o I think my brother got frustrated and left without me. :mad:

lisaplenske
12-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Just in case you didn't vote for Richie yet: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135053

The semifinal poll is very close for the last few spots in the final!
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/update2.PNG

richard is 3rd now with 66 votes.

1) Rafael Nadal--> 78 votes
2) Mario Ancic--> 75 votes
3) Richard Gasquet--> 66 votes

hom many players can reach the finale?

Brownie
12-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I think it's the top 10 that move onto the final (they come from both Daniel (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135053) and Sjoukje's (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135054) groups). Looks like last night Richie passed Gilles and Jo with 70 votes and is in 6th place:D

Safin 104
Rafa 79
Mario 76
Gulbis 75
Fed 73
Richie 70

Oh no Danielle! You must have been so disappointed:sad::(

~*BGT*~
12-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I was.... but at least they won and Sasha hit 2 great 3 pointers so I was happy. :) I think I would have been booed out of the stadium though. Apparently, the Lakers are the most hated team in New Orleans. :tape:

Brownie
12-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I think I would have been booed out of the stadium though. Apparently, the Lakers are the most hated team in New Orleans. :tape:

Hahaha, yeahhh...I think the Lakers are the most hated team for a lot of cities;)

Edit: Celtics are playing the Lakers tomorrow, and at last night's Celts game, the fans were cheering "beat LA, beat LA":lol:

reggie1
12-24-2008, 07:40 PM
Good evening ladies, kids are in bed, I'm sitting here with a nice cup of tea, watching t.v and having an internet surf, waiting for Santa to come. I hope everyone is having a lovely time over the festive period.

EternalxJourney
12-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Hahaha, yeahhh...I think the Lakers are the most hated team for a lot of cities;)

Edit: Celtics are playing the Lakers tomorrow, and at last night's Celts game, the fans were cheering "beat LA, beat LA":lol:

Haha that's so true. :devil:

tennis lover
12-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Jo, the BBC will probably show the night session again this year :yeah:, and of course the final. Shame they don't cover it overnight (the day session) like they used to about 5 years ago on BBC2. I agree with you that i probably don't need the tennis distractions this year though (good old final year uni ;)). Belated Happy Birthday btw, hope you're doing well. :hug:
:hug: I assume they will, I hope so anyway! final year uni is a blast, that's for sure! ;) thank you, I am doing good. Hope things are good for you too! :hug:
Didn't go. :o I think my brother got frustrated and left without me. :mad:

I went out for my proper birthday celebrations last night, got extremely drunk and I have been suffering for it all day! It was a really good night though so I'd say it was worth it! :lol: :D

Merry Christmas to all those that celebrate. :D :hug: I hope Santa brings you everything you wish for and you have a lovely day! :aparty:`

~*BGT*~
12-25-2008, 01:49 AM

We're ready. :armed: The Machine is gonna forget Game 4 and do a repeat of Game 3 versus the silly old leprechauns. :p Please watch this if you know anything about basketball. :haha: I know nothing and I still find it hilarious. :lol:

6uiI58ZDSiQ

Tess Gray
12-25-2008, 11:04 AM
:rolls: The vid is funny. Eventhough i only understood a few things. I've never watched basketball in my life:rolleyes::)

Lauren, I work as a administrative help at F&A.;) Not sure if I ever told you that;) I may have told you about a job at a callcenter? But I quit there:o:lol:

Dannielle, is the store you work at a big company? Like walmart-ish? Or smaller? I looked at the website. i always get so confused with US sizes:o I never know how they relate to Western European sizes:lol:

Have a merry christmas everyone:D!

Tess Gray
12-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh and have fun watching the Lakers game tonight (if you're going to watch):lol:

~*BGT*~
12-25-2008, 12:07 PM
It's not as big as Walmart but we are the nation's #1 retailer for the 15-25 age group. We have 3 stores in my city alone, including aeries, which is our make-up and lingerie store. We just launched 77kids, for size 2-12 kids. I can't wait until my niece is a year older. She is gonna get drenched in 77kids clothes from me. :lol:

And yes, the game!! I'll be home to watch it after my mom and i go see Benjamin Button. :banana:

lisaplenske
12-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Merry Christmas everyone:D:):wavey:

I just read that jo tsonga has planed to play doubles with richard in sydney tournament.Its a test to prepare Davis Cup:)
happy they will pair again,they won it already last year.:D

OMG Im waiting for the new season to start!:hysteric:

~*BGT*~
12-25-2008, 10:20 PM
:woohoo:

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 10:04 AM
*googles Benjamin Button* Oooh, that sounds like an interesting movie. Did you like it?

Childeren's clothes are so cute:lol: I worked in a store with childeren's clothes over the summer. From newborn to twelve years old, and it all looks so cute:lol: Your niece is a lcuky girl:p
Did the lakers win? Did Sasha play good?:lol:

Richie en Jo together?! Nice :cool: Only a few days to go... let the countdown begin:D

~*BGT*~
12-26-2008, 11:54 AM
The movie was amazing. I can't even describe it, but it's a must see. And yes, the Lakers won (see my woohoo above ;) ). Sasha played pretty well. He hit a beautiful 3 pointer and this other cool play that was so cool I can even describe. :worship:

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 12:06 PM
I thought the woohoo was for Richie & Jo :lol:

I had never heard of that movie, but now that I've read what it is about I really want to see it.

Btw, can I have you FB adress? I tried to search for you but there were quite a few people with you name:lol: (if you dont want to give it I understand;))

~*BGT*~
12-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Check PM's..

Brownie
12-26-2008, 12:37 PM
YAY! Doubles with Jo:yippee: 10 Days until Brisbane:toothy:

Hahaha, that video was really funny Danielle:lol: The freakin' Lakers beat the Celtics last night:mad:

Ohhh, that's right Tess, you told me about the callcenter. What is F&A?

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Checked :lol:

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh I thought F&A was an english term! Finance and Administration...;)

How are you Lauren:hug:?

Brownie
12-26-2008, 12:42 PM
:hug:I'm doing well. Had a wonderful (maybe one of the happiest ever) Christmas:D How are you doing? Did you have a nice Christmas?

It probably is an english term and I just don't think about financial stuff:lol:

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Glad you had a great day. What made it so special this year?:)
Yeah my day was also nice;)! Nothing special, just with family. Had a nice dinner and we played some card games:D

Dan, I forgot to ask, besides the basketball, how was your xmas:D?

Brownie
12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nothing in particular. I was just happy that my grandparents and great grandparents were able to make it to my house and everything was really cheery. I made my grandfather cry with a photo frame I made with photos from his childhood:awww::)

What kind of card games do you play in Holland?

Oh, more family time! Have a nice day:)

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Well yesterday we played Canasta and a game which in Holland we call 'Klaverjassen'.
In Frankrijk en Noord-Amerika zijn vergelijkbare spellen bekend onder respectievelijk de namen Belote en Tarbish.

It says in France it's known as: Belote and in North America as Tarbish?:confused: I don't think it's exactly the same game but close enough I guess. Because if Wikipedia says it, it must be true:)

Brownie
12-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I call it canasta. I learned it a few years ago and it's pretty fun:)

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
No they're two different games. Canasta and Klaverjassen. :o whatever. I dont think it's played outside of Holland and Switzerland anyway:lol:

Brownie
12-26-2008, 04:02 PM
:o:lol: oops!! Yeah, tarbish maybe sounds familiar, but I've never played it.

reggie1
12-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi girls, it's boxing day here and all I've done over the last 2days is eat and play on the nintendo wii.
I read somewhere that Richie is leaving for Australia today, hope all you girls are o.k.

Tess Gray
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi vicky:wavey:
Doing great thanks;) Hooked on the wii now too eh;):lol:

Already to Australia? Maybe we'll finally get to see some pics!

reggie1
12-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Does Brisbane start mon 5th Jan?

Brownie
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Yup, Jan 5th:) I sure hope we get some pics!

Vicky, did you play Wii tennis? I've tried that a few times, and I'm terrible at it:lol: I think I swing the controller like I would a real tennis racket, which doesn't work at all.

reggie1
12-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Just looked it's 4-11 jan. I'm really looking forward to it, I hope Sky will televise it.

reggie1
12-26-2008, 05:37 PM
Oh, I just went on the site and it said the 4th of jan, I'm all out of synch with my days! I love the tennis game, it's the only one I'm any good at. My kids are so good at the bowlng and they don't even look at what they are doing.

Brownie
12-26-2008, 05:38 PM
I really like the bowling one! I maybe qualifiers are on Jan 4th? I'm off to play pictionary man (got it for Christmas, funny game:lol:)

lisaplenske
12-26-2008, 06:04 PM
hi girls:wavey:

how you spent christmas?good hopefully;)

as for tennis game in the wii, I like it very much but its a little bit tiring cause you have to be playing from the baseline but also at the net:p
since Im a lefty ,I cant help seeing myself like if I was nadal and I do many moonballs and BANG flat forehands:lol:
I tried TOP SPIN on PS3 while I was in a airport and it was really realistic, you have to hit at the right distance so not very easy.:o

As for richard in 2009, I hope he'll do great things and make all the haters wrong.Just hope he's fully ready to put great fights and could handle all the physical part of his game.

reggie1
12-26-2008, 07:15 PM
hi girls:wavey:

how you spent christmas?good hopefully;)

as for tennis game in the wii, I like it very much but its a little bit tiring cause you have to be playing from the baseline but also at the net:p
since Im a lefty ,I cant help seeing myself like if I was nadal and I do many moonballs and BANG flat forehands:lol:
I tried TOP SPIN on PS3 while I was in a airport and it was really realistic, you have to hit at the right distance so not very easy.:o

As for richard in 2009, I hope he'll do great things and make all the haters wrong.Just hope he's fully ready to put great fights and could handle all the physical part of his game.

That's so funny Amira, I'm a lefty and I play exactly the same.
I'm so looking forward to the new season and a new pumped up iron man Richie! :devil:

reggie1
12-26-2008, 07:17 PM
There's been no news of Richard or at least I haven't found any, I was on Jo and Gille's threads the other day and there's been articles on them but nothing on Richard.

~*BGT*~
12-26-2008, 10:02 PM
YAY! Doubles with Jo:yippee: 10 Days until Brisbane:toothy:

Hahaha, that video was really funny Danielle:lol: The freakin' Lakers beat the Celtics last night:mad:

Ohhh, that's right Tess, you told me about the callcenter. What is F&A?

I recorded it and watched the first half last night. Gonna watch the rest now. :banana:

Glad you had a great day. What made it so special this year?:)
Yeah my day was also nice;)! Nothing special, just with family. Had a nice dinner and we played some card games:D

Dan, I forgot to ask, besides the basketball, how was your xmas:D?

It was fun. Ate ham and turkey all day. :p

~*BGT*~
12-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Vote for Richard in the finals of the MTF's Favorite Player contest HERE (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135253)

You've got til New Year's Day to vote

Brownie
12-27-2008, 03:05 AM
As for richard in 2009, I hope he'll do great things and make all the haters wrong.Just hope he's fully ready to put great fights and could handle all the physical part of his game.:armed: :fiery: :toothy: <-- 2009 Richard

There's been no news of Richard or at least I haven't found any, I was on Jo and Gille's threads the other day and there's been articles on them but nothing on Richard.
So frustrating:p I guess we can't complain that they pick on him by writing too many news stories;)

I recorded it and watched the first half last night. Gonna watch the rest now. :banana:
Oh jeez, I hope I didn't ruin the ending for you!:awww:

Schu
12-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi all. Happy Boxing Day to Vicki and all the aussies (even if it is just about over now).

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. I'm recovering from a nice but exhausting Christmas.

Guess Richie is in Australia now but since no one cares about the #24 player he seems to fly under the radar with no news of what he does. Which I'm sure is fine by him - leave the press to Tsonga and Simon and Richard will just surprise them all in a few weeks. Although I must admit I would love to see some pics of the ripped new Richie.

I know I have to temper my expectations for Richie, as much as it would be nice to think he will take the tour by storm with a new physical and mental strength, an improved forehand and committment to an aggressive game, I know results will take some time and 6 - 8 weeks of training is just the beginning of what he has to do to get back to where he belongs in the rankings. However I still have high hopes for a nice showing in the first few tournaments of the season.

Did I read that Richie and Jo were going to play doubles in Sydney again? that's great. I've never really seen him play doubles but I would expect that he would be a very good doubles player and that Richie and Jo would make a good team. Maybe some of Tsonga's "aura" will rub off on Richie (but not too much). And did I see this is a Davis Cup experiment - I'll believe that when I see it.

10 more days!!

~*BGT*~
12-27-2008, 03:26 AM
^^ Lauren, I watched the game live. :lol: Just wanted to watch it again. :p

~*BGT*~
12-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Schu, did you vote? :armed:

Schu
12-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Schu, did you vote? :armed:

Just did - that's another poll. Don't think he has a chance against Safin or Fed but nice to see Richie in the final top 10 on the other poll.

Thanos
12-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Hi all. Happy Boxing Day to Vicki and all the aussies (even if it is just about over now).

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday. I'm recovering from a nice but exhausting Christmas.

Guess Richie is in Australia now but since no one cares about the #24 player he seems to fly under the radar with no news of what he does. Which I'm sure is fine by him - leave the press to Tsonga and Simon and Richard will just surprise them all in a few weeks. Although I must admit I would love to see some pics of the ripped new Richie.

I know I have to temper my expectations for Richie, as much as it would be nice to think he will take the tour by storm with a new physical and mental strength, an improved forehand and committment to an aggressive game, I know results will take some time and 6 - 8 weeks of training is just the beginning of what he has to do to get back to where he belongs in the rankings. However I still have high hopes for a nice showing in the first few tournaments of the season.

Did I read that Richie and Jo were going to play doubles in Sydney again? that's great. I've never really seen him play doubles but I would expect that he would be a very good doubles player and that Richie and Jo would make a good team. Maybe some of Tsonga's "aura" will rub off on Richie (but not too much). And did I see this is a Davis Cup experiment - I'll believe that when I see it.

10 more days!!

amen

lisaplenske
12-27-2008, 09:53 AM
That's so funny Amira, I'm a lefty and I play exactly the same.

that's true?so funny indeed:lol:

10 more days!!

couldnt agree more,great post:yeah::smooch:

9 days now:angel:

reggie1
12-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I've never seen Richard play doubles, I can imagine he's a very generous team mate actually, sets you up for good shots and not after all the glory for himself. I really hope that Brisbane will be televised on Sky.

Brownie
12-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Vote for Richard in the finals of the MTF's Favorite Player contest HERE (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135253)

You've got til New Year's Day to vote

They also have a multiple choice poll. I'm not sure how it works:shrug:, if they combine the two polls or what, but you can vote for Richie here too (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134528)

Brownie
12-27-2008, 03:28 PM
^^ Lauren, I watched the game live. :lol: Just wanted to watch it again. :p
phew!:lol:

lisaplenske
12-27-2008, 04:48 PM
hey I dont know if you already seen that vid but if not look at this guy.He imitates so well many french players but also intenational one such as roddick or kuerten.

Cant help laughing:lol:

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x1eto1_petite-squence-gasquet-2006_sport/video/x5nb1f_excellente-imitation-de-joueurs-de_sport

tennis lover
12-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Richie and Jo would make a good team.
I like to think so. :angel: ;)

I can't wait for the new season to start. Stupid off-season! :ras: :lol: ( :secret: we probably need to get out more don't we?! :o )

Venle
12-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Everyone :smooch:

How was your Christmas/hanukkah? :)

I went crazy today; season is starting very soon :eek: :eek:

~*BGT*~
12-27-2008, 05:40 PM
I like to think so. :angel: ;)

I can't wait for the new season to start. Stupid off-season! :ras: :lol: ( :secret: we probably need to get out more don't we?! :o )

Richie and Jo ARE a good team. They won Sydney and got to the quarters of Miami. Richie had a good year in doubles. Actually, he was a better doubles player than singles player. :haha:

Venle
12-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Richie and Jo ARE a good team. They won Sydney and got to the quarters of Miami. Richie had a good year in doubles. Actually, he was a better doubles player than singles player. :haha:

:haha:

Maybe he could team up with Jamie. :p

Brownie
12-27-2008, 06:21 PM
( :secret: we probably need to get out more don't we?! :o )

you're probably right:lol:

It's very very rare to see a doubles match that isn't a final, right? :p

reggie1
12-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Lauren, is that Mario in your avvie? I like doubles but you ony get to see it here at Wimbledon.

Schu
12-27-2008, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=lisaplenske;7934776]hey I dont know if you already seen that vid but if not look at this guy.He imitates so well many french players but also intenational one such as roddick or kuerten.

Cant help laughing:lol: QUOTE]

That guy is great - Better than Djokovic's imitations.

Brownie
12-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Lauren, is that Mario in your avvie? I like doubles but you ony get to see it here at Wimbledon.
Yup:inlove: I hope he has better luck with his health this season:awww:

Brownie
12-27-2008, 07:30 PM
hey I dont know if you already seen that vid but if not look at this guy.He imitates so well many french players but also intenational one such as roddick or kuerten.

Cant help laughing:lol:

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/x1eto1_petite-squence-gasquet-2006_sport/video/x5nb1f_excellente-imitation-de-joueurs-de_sport

I think I saw this a while ago when I didn't know many of the players. So funny now though:rolls:

reggie1
12-27-2008, 09:14 PM
That video is really funny, god DIP is handsome. The guy doing the impressions isn't bad either! It really made me laugh. He's better than Novak.

tennis lover
12-27-2008, 11:12 PM
:sobbing: I'm so misunderstood! I was talking about a different Jo. :p (those of you that know my name might understand! ;) )

Brownie
12-27-2008, 11:19 PM
:sobbing: I'm so misunderstood! I was talking about a different Jo. :p (those of you that know my name might understand! ;) )

:aplot:

I get it now:lol:

~*BGT*~
12-27-2008, 11:25 PM
^^ I see ;)

lisaplenske
12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
That guy is great - Better than Djokovic's imitations.

yes even if I think djokovic did some great imitations though such as sharapova or nadal lol but yeah that guy is better cause he can do so original imitations.The guga one was hilarious:D
it may be really sunny right now in australia dont you think?perhaps richard went to the australian beach:cool:
If I was him I would:angel:

Tess Gray
12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Amira that vid is hilarious :rolls: He's so good!

If only I could be on the beach right now:sad: It's so cold right now over here, I wish global warming would kick in and give me some warmth. On the other hand, my part of Holland would flood... :scratch: Well never mind then. But it's still too damn cold:mad:

reggie1
12-28-2008, 02:14 PM

No Jo, he likes women in their 30's. I've read this a few times now, honestly. :devil:

SUKTUEN
12-28-2008, 02:15 PM
I am new in Richard's broad~~~~:lol:

Say Hello to every Richard fans!!:wavey:

I Love Richard too!!!:inlove::inlove:

http://bbs.tennis.com.cn/uploadFiles/2008-12/28_9072828_1.jpg

RFK
12-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Hello! Nice to see Richie attracting more people!
Love the picture above!
Just one thing I noticed in it, I have an extremely similar Lacoste jumper to the one he's wearing there...I'm hoping it's unisex otherwise he's been buying things from the women's section!!!
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

lisaplenske
12-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Amira that vid is hilarious :rolls: He's so good!

If only I could be on the beach right now:sad: It's so cold right now over here, I wish global warming would kick in and give me some warmth. On the other hand, my part of Holland would flood... :scratch: Well never mind then. But it's still too damn cold:mad:

pas de quoi ma chère Tess;):kiss:
oh no tess dont wish such an anormal phenomen, we already know that our planet is in danger because of the warming,pollution and no respect of the Environnement.
If we feel high temperature in december I would think its the end of the world:scared:
so its ok lol;) but yeah australian people are lucky right now cause its summer there!!:(:p

tennis lover
12-28-2008, 05:49 PM
No Jo, he likes women in their 30's. I've read this a few times now, honestly. :devil:
:ras:
yeah, I've read this a few times now too ( :secret: and each time it was in one of your posts! :p )

Schu
12-28-2008, 06:55 PM
it may be really sunny right now in australia dont you think?perhaps richard went to the australian beach:cool:
If I was him I would:angel:

Perhaps he's training on the beach - running shirtless, with some new muscles developed during the off season (I know I can't expect miracles but maybe some 2 pack abs???). I remember seeing last year pics of him and Tsonga on the beach and Richie was the only guy on the beach with a shirt on, maybe this year he'll flash some new pecs :D

Tennis better start soon ...

Hi:wavey: SUKTUEN. Nice to see more people who appreciate Richard's game and class (and I suppose his other ASSests ;) too)

Brownie
12-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Suktuen:wavey:

Perhaps he's training on the beach - running shirtless, with some new muscles developed during the off season (I know I can't expect miracles but maybe some 2 pack abs???).
:drool::hearts: I wish I was in Australia right now. It's so wet and dreary here:rain:

I keep expecting to come across news stories w/ Richie, but nothing yet:( I'm getting quite impatient:p

reggie1
12-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Hello! Nice to see Richie attracting more people!
Love the picture above!
Just one thing I noticed in it, I have an extremely similar Lacoste jumper to the one he's wearing there...I'm hoping it's unisex otherwise he's been buying things from the women's section!!!
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

I don't want to think of him browsing in the women's section of Lacoste, it spoils it for me! He needs us lot to take him shopping ;)

Perhaps he's training on the beach - running shirtless, with some new muscles developed during the off season (I know I can't expect miracles but maybe some 2 pack abs???). I remember seeing last year pics of him and Tsonga on the beach and Richie was the only guy on the beach with a shirt on, maybe this year he'll flash some new pecs :D
I've got visions now of him running along the beach David Hasselhoff style. I felt really sorry for him in that picture last year, it was like he didn't want to take his shirt of next to T'songa, as if he was all shy to show off his body. Poor Richie :rolleyes: I think the only time he's confident is when he's had a drink (I've come to that conclusion after the stories of the last few months, they all involve alcohol from the sound of it!)

Hi:wavey: SUKTUEN. Nice to see more people who appreciate Richard's game and class (and I suppose his other ASSests ;) too)[/QUOTE]

Hello Suktuen :wavey:

Oh and Jo, he definitely likes the older woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read it on a french forum, 'onest Guv! :devil:

reggie1
12-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi Suktuen:wavey:

:drool::hearts: I wish I was in Australia right now. It's so wet and dreary here:rain:

I keep expecting to come across news stories w/ Richie, but nothing yet:( I'm getting quite impatient:p

I know Lauren, there is nothing is there? Are there any stories in France Amira? :confused: I know we moan that the media hound him but no news at all is not good for a fan's health. We want some nice news don't we?

Brownie
12-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Haha, now that I look at it closer, that hoodie does look like it is a bit feminine;)

All the news sites I check in on are French ones...so I don't think there are any french stories on Richie. Unless if there's something in the newspapers:p

reggie1
12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Oh no, surely he's not weaing a girl's cardie! Lacoste probably just give him the stuff so you'd think they'd send him boy's stuff wouldn't you? I have seen pics of him in the Lacoste shop choosing clothes with help from an assistant, well, she wasn't doing her job was she where this hoodie is concerned?!

Schu
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh no, surely he's not weaing a girl's cardie! Lacoste probably just give him the stuff so you'd think they'd send him boy's stuff wouldn't you? I have seen pics of him in the Lacoste shop choosing clothes with help from an assistant, well, she wasn't doing her job was she where this hoodie is concerned?!

If so she should be fired. That pic looks like it might be a little old (he had more hair :tape:) so maybe with his new "ripped" bod (one can dream) he would not fit in a women's hoodie. But as they say "only REAL men eat quiche" so maybe only REAL men wear women's hoodies??

EDIT - It's "REAL men DON"T eat quiche", so I guess I screwed that up.

Funny how I've seen video of Tsonga in Hugo Boss store buying blazers, etc. and then there's Richie in Lacoste buying hoodies.

reggie1
12-28-2008, 08:51 PM
It says it all Lauren really doesn't it? :lol:

reggie1
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
There is this one but I don't like the jacket, it's a bit " I'm Billy Bunter and I'm off to private school!" :lol:

Brownie
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM
It says it all Lauren really doesn't it? :lol:

hmmm? The hoodie? You confused me:scratch: (sorry, my brain's kind of gone to mush since I've been on vacation:lol:)

Are you saying Richie is looking like this kid?:rolls:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/GCampion.jpg/180px-GCampion.jpg

reggie1
12-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes, it's what the blazer reminds me of! :lol:
Yes, I thought Jo buying jackets and Richie buying hoodies (still!) just goes to show where Richie's head is at! Love him!

reggie1
12-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Is it just me or does Billy Bunter look a bit like Andy Murray in a cap and specs? :haha:

Brownie
12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh yeah! Definitely. Richie:hug: I heard in the Gilles forum that he signed with Hugo Boss. Gilles seems like even less of a suit and tie guy than Richie, so that really surprised me!

Brownie
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
:lol: he does! The same smile lines around his mouth

reggie1
12-28-2008, 09:13 PM
If that shop assistant told him he looked nice in that jacket I bet she got a few pimples on her tongue.
"Mais oui, Monsiueur Gasquet, all the girls will love you in it, vraiment!" Poor Richard, god, he needs a woman to take him shopping, where's Danielle? :devil:

Brownie
12-28-2008, 09:14 PM
a few pimples on her tongue.

British saying?

Well, at least he can look cute in just about anything, even a girl's hoodie:angel:

Schu
12-28-2008, 09:33 PM
There is this one but I don't like the jacket, it's a bit " I'm Billy Bunter and I'm off to private school!" :lol:

That jacket reminds be of Bonnie and Clyde - 50's or 40's (even before my time) gangsters in the U.S. I'll take a hoodie over THAT jacket any day, and you know how much I'd love to see him get rid of those things when he's not on the court.

Simon and Tsonga - Hugo Boss, guess it's Armani for Richie :haha: Probably just as well he keeps wearing those damn hoodies, Richie in Armani with his hair actually combed would be WAAAAY too much for me. :hearts:

And Vicki - what is "pimples on her tongue"?? That hurts just thinking about that!

Brownie
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
That jacket reminds be of Bonnie and Clyde - 50's or 40's (even before my time) gangsters in the U.S.
:lol: I can see it!

Richie in Armani with his hair actually combed would be WAAAAY too much for me. :hearts:
That would be the day:drool::hearts:

reggie1
12-28-2008, 10:06 PM
"Pimples on your tongue" comes from a saying that if you tell a lie, you get pimples/ulcers on your tongue. It was always said to me as a kid and whenever I told a lie (I don't lie now of course :angel: I'd have told Richie the truth about that jacket;)) I used to really worry that everyone would see the pimple and know that I lied. I still say it to my kids too!
I've just been watching a video with Jo in it and he is wearing such a feminine cardigan it's unbelievable, a grey knitted number with a hood and a really feminine collar and big girly buttons. I think it's a French thing, they've just got their own style. Any bloke would get beaten up where I live if he went out in something like that! :lol:

reggie1
12-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Richie, Armani and messy hair = Bomchiccawowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowowow owow! :music:

tennis lover
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
I think the only time he's confident is when he's had a drink (I've come to that conclusion after the stories of the last few months, they all involve alcohol from the sound of it!)

Oh and Jo, he definitely likes the older woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I read it on a french forum, 'onest Guv! :devil:
I think most people get more confident when they drink, I know I do! :o alcohol is a very, very bad thing! :lol:

ok, I believe you! ;)
British saying?
I've never heard it before either! :shrug: :sobbing:

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 12:19 AM
If that shop assistant told him he looked nice in that jacket I bet she got a few pimples on her tongue.
"Mais oui, Monsiueur Gasquet, all the girls will love you in it, vraiment!" Poor Richard, god, he needs a woman to take him shopping, where's Danielle? :devil:

:lol: I just helped a guy put together an outfit around a brown blazer without even knowing what they blazer looked like. :rolls: I'll find something from the Lacoste site that I think Richie would look good in. :D

reggie1
12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
:lol: I just helped a guy put together an outfit around a brown blazer without even knowing what they blazer looked like. :rolls: I'll find something from the Lacoste site that I think Richie would look good in. :D

:lol: Post the link up if you get time, you never know he may read this chat thread and if he suddenly starts wearing your suggestions you could ask for a permanent job, Danielle. :haha:

reggie1
12-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I think most people get more confident when they drink, I know I do! :o alcohol is a very, very bad thing![quote]:lol: Esepecially Vodka Goggles. They can make a girl do all sorts of things. :devil: I'm funny with drink, I don't drink that often but when I do I tend to really enjoy it. At the start of the evening I will look at people who are already wasted dancing or doing Karaoke and think "Oh god, look at them" and then once I've had a drink, it's a case of "step aside, I'm going to show these people how it's done!" I love karaoke or Singstar when I've had a drink, drink should be known as the confidence juice :o I agree Jo, it can be a very very bad thing.

[quote]

I've never heard it before either! :shrug: :sobbing:

Maybe English kids tell more lies than Welsh Kids! :o :lol:

reggie1
12-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Sorry, Jo, I've cocked up the multi quoting again!

reggie1
12-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Lauren, I hope you don't mind but I've pinched that Picture of Billy Bunter to be my avvie for a while. It's quite apt for me at the moment after all the piggin' out I've done over Christmas! The picture just makes me laugh aswell :o :lol:

reggie1
12-29-2008, 10:02 AM
792, promiscuous posting time!!!

Brownie
12-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Lauren, I hope you don't mind but I've pinched that Picture of Billy Bunter to be my avvie for a while. It's quite apt for me at the moment after all the piggin' out I've done over Christmas! The picture just makes me laugh aswell :o :lol:

:rolls: hahahaha, you crack me up:haha:

oooOOOoooo 800 posts...now you just 200 promiscuous posts for your next party;)

and I see Katie has reached the 100 post mark. Party for Katie:lol:-->:music::rocker2::singer::aparty::banana::dance:

tennis lover
12-29-2008, 02:42 PM
:lol: Esepecially Vodka Goggles. They can make a girl do all sorts of things. :devil: I'm funny with drink, I don't drink that often but when I do I tend to really enjoy it. At the start of the evening I will look at people who are already wasted dancing or doing Karaoke and think "Oh god, look at them" and then once I've had a drink, it's a case of "step aside, I'm going to show these people how it's done!" I love karaoke or Singstar when I've had a drink, drink should be known as the confidence juice :o I agree Jo, it can be a very very bad thing.

Maybe English kids tell more lies than Welsh Kids! :o :lol:
I usually don't get drunk very easily but I haven't drunk a lot lately because I've been so busy and when I went out last week I got ridiculously drunk! :sobbing: I can't remember half of the night which is never a good thing! :o the worse thing is that half my friends weren't drinking so they like to remind me of how drunk I was, I'm not used to that because usually if I'm drunk everyone else is already drunk too! :lol: bad, bad alcohol! :sobbing:

maybe. :p Welsh people (if they are like me) are very well behaved. :angel:

RFK
12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Oooo a party!! I didn't even realise myself!!:rocker2:
I just had another look at my jumper, they are pretty much identical!!
And I hope he didn't buy that jacket.
I really want to take him shopping and give a mini-makeover! He's so gorgeous now, with a little help he would be :hearts:

reggie1
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
:lol: Please, somebody take him shopping! And whoever does it, please don't let him buy any more womens' cardigans. :o Actually, I think I should take him shopping. :angel: In case I haven't said it before, he really likes women in their 30's!

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I can't use the pics from Lacoste but I can use clothes from my store. Very Federer-esque :D

http://www.ae.com/Images/laydowns/Large_265/2153_8844_137.jpg
http://www.ae.com/Images/laydowns/Large_265/1144_9351_487.jpg
http://www.ae.com/Images/laydowns/Large_265/0115_2374_955.jpg
http://zoomcc.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/zoomcc_stevemadden/image/media/TRUCCE_COGNAC-LE_zoom.jpg

And I'll rock this style

http://www.ae.com/Images/laydowns/Large_265/0346_6880_535.jpg
http://zoomcc.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/zoomcc_stevemadden/image/media/N-LL_IVORY-FABRIC_zoom.jpg
http://www.ae.com/Images/laydowns/Large_265/0435_7372_007.jpg
http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/13051_b4e2_a0_front?$maintest$
http://zoomcc.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/zoomcc_stevemadden/image/media/TOCARRA_TAUPE-PATENT_zoom.jpg

We were clothed by American Eagle Outfitters (the number retailer for the 15-25 age group :p ), our shoes as well as my scarf came from Steve Madden and that fantastic red bag :hearts: is Coach and retails for $898!! :eek: Better make that money Richard. :haha:

Our totals:

Richard

Sweater: $29.95 (on sale :p )
Shirt: $39.95 (also on sale)
Shoes: $89.95
Jeans: $39.95

Total: $199.80

Danielle

Sweater: $39.50
Jeans: $39.95
Shoes: $89.95
Bag: $898
Scarf: $32

Total: $1,099.40

OVERALL TOTAL: $1,299.20

We are one expensive couple. :rolls: Sooooo... how'd I do?

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
I really like it! I'm not sure about the shoes though... never really like brown shoes. I'm more into black, but other than that :yeah:

And "your" shoes are to die for :eek: They are so pretty :awww:

lisaplenske
12-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I like it very much!

you have some real sense of fashion;)

Brownie
12-29-2008, 04:46 PM
You two will be adorable together;) I love the 'spensive bag Richie will be getting for you:lol:

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I really like it! I'm not sure about the shoes though... never really like brown shoes. I'm more into black, but other than that :yeah:

And "your" shoes are to die for :eek: They are so pretty :awww:

I wanted to do a more deeper brown (like chocolate) but they only had this shade brown. I like classic black but I think brown accessories really go well with blue or navy. His sweater is blue. :)

OMG!! I love Steve Madden but they are so expensive. We have a Steve Madden and a Coach store near my store and I walk by them everyday. :awww:

RFK
12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Ooo loving the outfits!
I'm sure you would look fantastic together! (Can't help but think Richie and I would also, especially in our matching jumpers!):lol:
In all seriousness, I think that outfit would be great for him - Casual but not too casual. Would make a change from Lacoste and backwards caps all the time.

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I like it very much!

you have some real sense of fashion;)

Thank you. :) I've never realized it before working at my current job. I can look at someone and instantly know what pieces of clothes I can put together for an outfit. I also love mixing and matching dress shirts and ties. I don't like plain shirts and ties. But with patterns and colors. :D

You two will be adorable together;) I love the 'spensive bag Richie will be getting for you:lol:

Thanks :hug: And Richie better spoil me with Coach bags and Steve Madden shoes or else :armed:

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 05:03 PM
I forgot about Murray :haha:

http://www.yasudastudio.com/147BrownBag/BrownBagWM1.jpg

To be used like this

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/471359/2/istockphoto_471359_woman_with_paper_bag_over_her_h ead.jpg

OK, I'm way too mean :sobbing:

SUKTUEN
12-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Richard is in Australasia now~~~

He is very hard working!!

Good Luck Richard in 2009!!:D

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
http://images.newsquest.co.uk/image.php?id=807680&type=full

:scared: God he's ugly :sobbing:

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi Suk :wavey:
Good to see you here.
How are you??

Brownie
12-29-2008, 05:20 PM
Tess! What'd you do that for??? You de-cuteatized Richie's message board:sobbing:
:lol:

Hi Suktuen:)

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Danielle started it by mentioning him in the first place:o

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
btw, de-cuteatized? Word of the day:lol:

Brownie
12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
But Danielle put him in a paper bag;) Awww Muzza, gotta love him even if he isn't the best looking of guys (I know, Danielle totally disagrees)

P.S. de-cuteatized...definitely made it up. Don't use it in your English class;)

Brownie
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I am soooooooooo bored today:silly: I figured I'd go to my office to try to read research articles. WAY TOO BORING for being on school break:p But I need to read like 12 of them before my advisor gets back:p:p:p

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
No I figured that:lol:

Today the dutch word of the year was chosen:help: It was such a awfull word:confused: I have no clue how that could have been chosen word of the year...

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
awwww:hug: Goodluck with that:lol: Are they interesting articles??

Brownie
12-29-2008, 05:44 PM
The dutch word of the year was "chosen". Or do you mean they picked it today and you didn't say what it was?:lol:

The articles used to be interesting, but I've read so many of them over the last year that they all seem alike.

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 05:51 PM
You could chose from several words and the one with the most votes was dutch word of the year...:shrug: Whatever. I had never heard of the word before. It had something to do with some sexual act:o

So your advisor is on holiday while you have to study:awww: It's so unfair

Brownie
12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
oh, that's weird

Knowing him, where ever he's on vacation, he's been reading articles the whole time. Nerdy, huh?:lol:

Tess Gray
12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Whatever makes you happy I guess :scratch: :lol:

There's something wrong with my internet:o I have to go offline to fix it. Maybe I'll come back... and maybe not:lol: If not... Have a nice day:lol:!:hug:

Brownie
12-29-2008, 06:04 PM
I was about to mosey on down to the library in a few minutes anyway. Have a nice evening chica:hug:

reggie1
12-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I love those clothes Danielle and I paticualarly like the way your outfit is so much more expensive than Richie's! :lol: Murray, oh my god, my eyes, my eyes! In that particular picture he looks like he fell out of the fugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. :(Although, in some pictures he doesn't look so bad now, he will get better as he gets older I reckon. :cool: Well, he can't get any worse can he?:help: How he got Kim Sears I'll never know. Everybody over here says that. I think she is really lovely and apparently Andy pursued her for a year before she agreed to go out with him. Richie could do with a nice girl like her.
Amira, is Jo dating Golovin?

reggie1
12-29-2008, 06:42 PM
You could chose from several words and the one with the most votes was dutch word of the year...:shrug: Whatever. I had never heard of the word before. It had something to do with some sexual act:o

Yes and you keep it that way for the next few years Miss Gray! :angel:

~*BGT*~
12-29-2008, 11:39 PM
I am soooooooooo bored today:silly: I figured I'd go to my office to try to read research articles. WAY TOO BORING for being on school break:p But I need to read like 12 of them before my advisor gets back:p:p:p

I have to study for my French placement test next week. :o

Brownie
12-30-2008, 12:21 AM
I have to study for my French placement test next week. :o

Bonne chance! Is it to figure out what level class to take this spring?

~*BGT*~
12-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Bonne chance! Is it to figure out what level class to take this spring?

I should have taken the exam when I was just 1/2 year out of French not 2 years; I'd probably done much better. :o

reggie1
12-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I should have taken the exam when I was just 1/2 year out of French not 2 years; I'd probably done much better. :o

It's surprising how it comes back to you, I hadn't spoken/looked at french in goodness knows how many years and just reading french tennis articles over the last few months has really helped me.
Danielle, when you met the French Davis cup team did you speak french to them?
Every other tournament is being televised on Sky next week, except Brisbane! There's Hopman Cup and the Quatar Open but no Brisbane :confused: :sad:

Tess Gray
12-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Yes and you keep it that way for the next few years Miss Gray! :angel:

:lol:

Yes ma'am.

I'm sure you'll do fine:) You have had french for like 9 years right? With a little bit of practice I'm sure you'll have a good result. Mais bonne chance ma chérie :hug:

SUKTUEN
12-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Good to see you here.
How are you??

Hello to all Richard fans!!!:wavey:

Tess Gray are we talk in Roger's broad before?:D

(Murray's pic is very......:scared:)

~*BGT*~
12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
It's surprising how it comes back to you, I hadn't spoken/looked at french in goodness knows how many years and just reading french tennis articles over the last few months has really helped me.
Danielle, when you met the French Davis cup team did you speak french to them?
Every other tournament is being televised on Sky next week, except Brisbane! There's Hopman Cup and the Quatar Open but no Brisbane :confused: :sad:

All I said was Bonjour to Richie. :o

I'm sure you'll do fine:) You have had french for like 9 years right? With a little bit of practice I'm sure you'll have a good result. Mais bonne chance ma chérie :hug:

J'espere :unsure:

Tess Gray
12-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Bonjour is more than I have ever said to him:shrug:

Tess Gray are we talk in Roger's broad before?:D

No not really talked, but I used to come to Mirka's thread on Fed's Forum every now and then, and you were always there! :)

Danielle when is that test?

reggie1
12-30-2008, 09:07 PM
:devil: May i just draw everyone's attention to the fourth comment from the top of this page/link just to prove I have not made this up!:ras: And I have read this on many other forums, so there!http://www.talk-sports.net/atp/girlfriend.aspx/Richard_Gasquet

Brownie
12-30-2008, 09:52 PM
Vicky, are you sure you aren't the anonymous rookie poster?;);):lol:

reggie1
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Vicky, are you sure you aren't the anonymous rookie poster?;);):lol:

:lol::haha::haha::rolls: It's my evil twin! :devil:

Brownie
12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
That must be it:lol: It sounds just like you:rolls:

tennis lover
12-30-2008, 11:00 PM
:devil: May i just draw everyone's attention to the fourth comment from the top of this page/link just to prove I have not made this up!:ras: And I have read this on many other forums, so there!http://www.talk-sports.net/atp/girlfriend.aspx/Richard_Gasquet
:lol: someone's a bit touchy! ;) I didn't say you made it up, I simply said that I had only read it in your posts. :p and that forum does not count as proof, I need something a bit more concrete. :ras: until then I will believe that he likes 22 year olds, especially if they're blonde! :angel:

~*BGT*~
12-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Danielle when is that test?

I can take it any day next week.

OMG, you guys. I had a horrible experience today. I was at the register with customers and was handling this particular transaction. I was ringing her items and was typing in her information when I started to get really dizzy, hot, sweaty, and tired. There was ringing in my eyes and my vision was going dark!! :eek: This had never happened to me before.

So, somehow I managed to get to the backroom and sat down and got some water and a bit to eat. At first, i thought that maybe it had something to do with my blood sugar since both of my parents had diabetes. I thought I may have it. :scared:

Then, I realized something. I had been prescribed a new medication. For one whole week, I was on 150 mg and then I'd switch to 300 mg. Well guess what? Today was my first day on 300 mg. I checked the side affects on WebMD and some of the symptoms are: blurred vision, ringing in the ears, excessive sweating, and feeling faint and dizzy.

So now i know why I was feeling like that. I don't have diabetes. :D And I can make my medication last longer by cutting each pill in half. :devil:

Brownie
12-31-2008, 03:15 AM
Danielle, that must have been so frightening!!:awww: You must be so relieved that it wasn't as serious a problem as you first thought!:hug:

~*BGT*~
12-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Thanks. I do feel a lot better knowing that my blood sugar wasn't high/low. But that does motivate me to get into better shape so I don't end up like my parents. :awww:

reggie1
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
My god Danielle, when I first started reading your post, I thought, "Oh no, she's pregnant!" Hope you feel better and at least you have some idea as to what's caused it. Do you always have to take medication?
And Jo, I've heard he likes blondes too :devil:

lisaplenske
12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
oh danielle, happy it is nothing bad you had.Take care of your health ok?Its so precious:hug:

as for richard and jo prefering blond girls its perhaps blond are more "easy" to seduce,they are more outgoing:p
some blonds there?:o:lol:

Tess Gray
12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Danielle :hug: It's good that it's not diabetes, that's such an awfull disease. :scared:

:secret: btw V, I was thinking the same thing:o

I have to agree with Amira here:o They like blondes because they're easy (:ras:)

tennis lover
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Danielle :hug: I'm glad it didn't turn out to be too serious. I can imagine it was scary though. :hug: look after yourself missy! :p
And Jo, I've heard he likes blondes too :devil:
:lol: *high five*
as for richard and jo prefering blond girls its perhaps blond are more "easy" to seduce,they are more outgoing:p
some blonds there?:o:lol:
:eek: I have never been so offended in my life! :crying2: I'm a nice, shy blonde. :awww: and I am not "easy" :ras: :sobbing:

Tess Gray
12-31-2008, 12:01 PM
:awww:

Tess Gray
12-31-2008, 12:03 PM
BTW a great 2009 to everybody :wavey::D

Bren is already in 09 :ras:, I still have to wait quite a few hours:lol:

Tess Gray
12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Richie got in 5th at MTF Favourite Players! Same as last year :yeah:

1 Federer
2 Safin
3 Nadal
4 Nalbandian
5 Gasquet
6 Djokovic
7 A.Murray
8 Tsonga
9 Baghdatis
10 Youzhny

lisaplenske
12-31-2008, 01:08 PM
:eek: I have never been so offended in my life! :crying2: I'm a nice, shy blonde. :awww: and I am not "easy" :ras: :sobbing:

Oh no Tess:hug:didnt want to offend you or what but you know its common to say in France actually, to think that the blonds are more outgoing and more open to have fun you know.They are seen as being more sexy too.
I was just a litle bit cynique there, sorry if I shocked you,Im sure you're very good girl and I like you very much:kiss:;)

lamnathalie
12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Happy Near Year to all!!
I'm now in Hong Kong and have just stepped in 2009 a few minutes ago:bounce:
I know most of you are still in 2008 and I and Richie are already in 2009 but be patient! Just a couple of hours to go;)

tennis lover
12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh no Tess:hug:didnt want to offend you or what but you know its common to say in France actually, to think that the blonds are more outgoing and more open to have fun you know.They are seen as being more sexy too.
I was just a litle bit cynique there, sorry if I shocked you,Im sure you're very good girl and I like you very much:kiss:;)
no problem, I have been known to use the saying once or twice myself! ;) I can't help what colour hair I was given after all but I do like to think of myself as being an exception to the rule and being a blonde with a brain! ;) :lol: (a small brain but it's there all the same! :p )

Brownie
12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks lamnathalie:wavey:
Happy New Year's Eve to all the lovely Gasquetaires:aparty: (and Happy New Years day to everyone who is already in 2009:))

~*BGT*~
12-31-2008, 03:51 PM
My god Danielle, when I first started reading your post, I thought, "Oh no, she's pregnant!" Hope you feel better and at least you have some idea as to what's caused it. Do you always have to take medication?

oh danielle, happy it is nothing bad you had.Take care of your health ok?Its so precious:hug:

Danielle :hug: It's good that it's not diabetes, that's such an awfull disease. :scared:

:secret: btw V, I was thinking the same thing:o

Danielle :hug: I'm glad it didn't turn out to be too serious. I can imagine it was scary though. :hug: look after yourself missy! :p

Thank you all. :hug: And no, I am definitely not pregnant. :lol:

SUKTUEN
12-31-2008, 04:04 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR Richard and all Richard's fans!!:D

lisaplenske
12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

Wish you the best for 2009!:kiss::clap2::smooch::banana::banana::banana: :banana::music::music::aparty::aparty::aparty::apa rty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty:

RFK
12-31-2008, 06:05 PM
Still in 2008, but happy new year to those that aren't!
And happy new year for those who are too.
Hope 2009 is fantastic for everyone.
:aparty::aparty::aparty:

reggie1
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Happy new year everyone.:worship: And Jo, whose touchy now?! :angel: :lol::haha:

Venle
12-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Danielle, I'm relieved :hug:

Happy New Year everyone!! :aparty: Hope 2009 is better for Richie, and great for us all too! :hug:

silverwhite
01-01-2009, 02:11 AM
Happy New Year, everyone! :aparty:

Haven't been around here much and it'll probably be the same this year but we'll see. :lol:

EternalxJourney
01-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Happy New Year, everyone! :aparty:

Haven't been around here much and it'll probably be the same this year but we'll see. :lol:

SW, we've missed you around here. How's training going? Are you almost done?

silverwhite
01-01-2009, 06:19 AM
SW, we've missed you around here. How's training going? Are you almost done?

More like work now than training. Pretty busy. Quite a bit of responsibility and a lot to answer for. Can't wait for it to end this December. :lol:

EternalxJourney
01-01-2009, 06:59 AM
What will you do after you're done? Going back to school?

silverwhite
01-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Yup. Going to Uni. :)

SUKTUEN
01-01-2009, 09:22 AM
today I stay at home ~~~~ very relax~~~

Tess Gray
01-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Hi SW :wavey:

Hope everyone had a great end of 08:)! Watching the newyearsconcert from Vienna right now, anyone watching as well?