The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brownie
12-11-2008, 01:19 PM
EDIT - I pasted the PIC!! YEA ME!!
:yeah:

OMG!!!! IT'S SNOWING!!!! IT'S SNOWING!! :woohoo: You guys have no idea how exciting this is. The last date we had snow was the night of January 1-2, 2002. This is so exciting. :sobbing: It'll be gone in a few hours . It's 6:15 AM and the temperature is already above freezing. :tears:
How exciting!!!:D Did you save your little snow person in the freezer so you can have it until the next time it snows?:lol:

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 01:23 PM
How exciting!!!:D Did you save your little snow person in the freezer so you can have it until the next time it snows?:lol:

I'll have to save it for 10 years because that's the next time it's gonna snow. :lol: It's really falling down hard.... like in flurries.. big, fat flakes. :eek: I have my accounting final at 3:00. All the other schools have canceled class... I hope my exam gets canceled. :worship:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Good luck on your exam if you have it today! Did you try to make a snow angel yet?:)

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Good luck on your exam if you have it today! Did you try to make a snow angel yet?:)

No... it's too wet to make a snow angel. Earlier this morning, the snow compacted really hard, but it's starting to melt now. :ras: News about our finals; the local community college is gonna reschedule their finals today. But BRCC isn't LSU. They've got about 5,000 enrolled compared to our 40,000.

reggie1
12-11-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm hmm, Puschkin, you haven't said anything nice about the technological advancements I have made recently! :o I would too like a worshiping angel please? In your absence, I have got an avitar (I kept spelling it wrong and nobody told me), a coloured signature (yes, colour with a smilie), I can quote, even multiquote sometimes (it goes a bit wrong every now and again), I can post links AND pictures (just don't ask me to post translations as I had an absolute nightmare with that yesterday, that will teach me for showing off!). And so what if Lauren (Brownie has had to hold my hand every step of the way), this old girl is now a computer wizard!:lol:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 01:45 PM
I have got an avitar (I kept spelling it wrong and nobody told me)

Isn't it spelled avatar?;)

reggie1
12-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh no, I'm still spelling it wrong. I'll get my coat!!

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
These aren't my pics, but pics from people around the city

http://www.9reports.com/MediaView.axd?m=28402
http://www.9reports.com/MediaView.axd?m=28464
http://www.9reports.com/MediaView.axd?m=28734
http://www.9reports.com/MediaView.axd?m=28797
http://www.9reports.com/MediaView.axd?m=28303

Venle
12-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Looks lovely :inlove:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow, you got more snow that I was visualizing!

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
It's about 4 inches. :) Finals are still going on today. :ras: Class is canceled in every school, college, and university in the area, but I've got to drive to take an accounting final. :retard: Good thing it's at 3. The snow will have melted by then. :rolleyes: But I'm going back to bed. Only got about 4 hours of sleep.

Brownie
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Booo:ras: Well, enjoy your nap & good luck!

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
oh, it looks so pretty and I didn't realise you had so much. England grinds to an absolute standstill with only an inch of snow!

tennis lover
12-11-2008, 02:17 PM
These aren't my pics, but pics from people around the city
aww, it's beautiful! :hearts: I want snow, I swear it's cold enough here. :sobbing:

It's about 4 inches. :) Finals are still going on today. :ras: Class is canceled in every school, college, and university in the area, but I've got to drive to take an accounting final. :retard: Good thing it's at 3. The snow will have melted by then. :rolleyes: But I'm going back to bed. Only got about 4 hours of sleep.
good luck for your exam. :hug: I do not envy you, I finish for Christmas on Friday and am really looking forward to the break but I can't motivate myself to do any work now so I'm wasting away my afternoon watching Grey's Anatomy! :o :lol:

Venle
12-11-2008, 02:19 PM
My sister and her friend are singing Christmas carols :)

Bye, and good luck for the exam :hug:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Grey's, good choice for procrastinating:yeah::lol:

tennis lover
12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Grey's, good choice for procrastinating:yeah::lol:
I've never seen it before but my friends love it so I started watching the first season yesterday, I like it so far! (but I'm a sucker for a hospital drama! :lol: ) :dance:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Have you got snow Venla in Finland?

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry, Good luck Danielle xx

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm sharing my brilliance today in short sharp burts as I want to make 500 posts. And Lauren, I will expect a party!

tennis lover
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
that's cheating! :p

Venle
12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Have you got snow Venla in Finland?

Yes, some 5cm :D But on Friday it should snow more :hearts:

Hope you reach 500 posts! :wavey:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:58 PM
I've been on GM this afternoon, commenting on anything and everything, even discussions I know nothing about and making really ambiguous posts just to get to 500!!! :lol:
God, I'm sad! :confused:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 02:59 PM
I've done it :bounce: I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed :lol:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 03:00 PM
:aparty::aparty:
:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:
:music::music::music:
:banana::banana:
:drink:
:music::music:
:rocker2:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Viiiiicky, you did you 501st post before I got your party out:p

reggie1
12-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Thank you, it's nice to be appreciated! That's a lovely party for your sad friend Lauren. xx :haha:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I bet all the other people on GM think "Who the hell's this Reggie1? She's all over the place this afternoon!" :devil:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 03:10 PM
:lol: Maybe one day I'll surpass you in posts;)

lisaplenske
12-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone here!

yeah Vicky, congrats for your + 500 post:rocker::banana::rocker::rocker2::music::music ::rocker2::banana::aplot:

tennis lover
12-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I've done it :bounce: I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed :lol:
:bounce::worship::aparty::bigclap::bowdown::drink: :woohoo:
:yippee::clap2::hatoff::crazy::banana::rocker2:

well done! ;)

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Lauren (and any of you other snow drivers) can you gve me some advice for driving in icy conditions? I've never had to do it before. The snow is still on the ground and it's 12:30 PM. :eek:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Drive slowly! If you start slipping, don't slam on the break, just take your foot off the gas pedal. If you start sliding in one direction, turn the wheel in that direction (counter-intuitive, but it's true). Good luck :hug:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone here!

yeah Vicky, congrats for your + 500 post:rocker::banana::rocker::rocker2::music::music ::rocker2::banana::aplot:

:bounce::worship::aparty::bigclap::
:yippee::clap2::hatoff::crazy::banana::rocker2:

well done! ;)

Thank you girls :wavey:

reggie1
12-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Lauren (and any of you other snow drivers) can you gve me some advice for driving in icy conditions? I've never had to do it before. The snow is still on the ground and it's 12:30 PM. :eek:

Oh bless, driving in icy conditions is so scary, your advice Lauren is exactly what my driving instuctor told me aswell ;)

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 08:23 PM

I dont know if you drive an Automatic of with Gears, but my mum always says you have to pull up in gear 2 instead of 1:shrug:

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Vicki... you are a little bit of a cheater:lol: but none the less...

:woohoo::banana::bigclap: :D

Brownie
12-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi Tess:wavey:

Love the new avatar V, especially the colors:)

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi Lauren!

How was your day:hug:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Sooooo nice! I didn't have anything to do at school today, so I just stayed home and made some fudge for Christmas, and was absolutely lazy:)

How was your day?

reggie1
12-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Vicki... you are a little bit of a cheater:lol: but none the less...

:woohoo::banana::bigclap: :D

I know I know, but I talk a load of nonsense anyway and whether I do it in long posts or short posts, it's all rubbish :tape:
How are we all this evening?

Brownie
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm just dandy:) you?

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Aw, nice to have a good relaxing day.

My day was also fine! Just got back from shopping for a christmas dress for our xmas dance at school.. And still wondering about the shoes:lol: I have two pair I cannot decide which one I want wear.

Brownie
12-11-2008, 09:28 PM
What's your dress like? Is the dance a semiformal?

reggie1
12-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Post pictures and we'll give our advice :lol:
I had a really girlie day today, I got my nails done and had a facial. It was funny though because the facial involved a back massage (I didn't know this when I booked it) and I DO NOT DO massage as I'm just too ticklish so I just thought "NOOOOOO". I felt too embarrassed to say anything so I did have it done in the end and it was really relaxing. My face looked like it had had an argument with an oil slick, they used Decleor products and they are so greasy.

Schu
12-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Sooooo nice! I didn't have anything to do at school today, so I just stayed home and made some fudge for Christmas, and was absolutely lazy:)

How was your day?

YUMM - fudge :drool:.

Wish I could have stayed home from work today - I, like Danielle had a RARE snow at home!!It was BEAUTIFUL and got me inthe Christmas mode, even playing christmas carols on my work computer. Unfortunatley I had to go to work so couldn't play in it :sad: but did have to drive in it and us crazy Southerners REALLY can't handle a few spittles of snow, aLthough actually it was more than a few spittles. ANyway lots of accidents and MANY people used this a great excuse to stay home from work. It stopped snowing a little while ago and now it is just a wet, windy, cold mess - don't know how you Northerners deal with this - give me swealtering heat and humidity any day...

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 09:42 PM
What's your dress like? Is the dance a semiformal?

Yeah it's really formal. The boys have to come in suits and ladies also in a chique outfit.

My dress is black (DUH), just under my knee, haltertop with a little ring in the middle:) I'll post a pic tomorrow maybe. And I'll post a pic of the shoes so you guys have to say which shoe is better:lol:

Brownie
12-11-2008, 09:47 PM
ooooOOOOoooo spa day, that sounds nice:drool: I told my mom that I'd take her for a spa day once I get a real job:)

Schu, I'm guessing you guys don't have plows and salt/dirt to spread out during snow storms. That's how we deal with snow in the northeast.

Tess, sounds cute!

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Spa day :inlove: It's so expensive. My brother wanted to give me a spa day for my bday, for me and my mum. But I wasnt too comfortable with that fact that I had to walk around naked:lol:

V, hope you enjoyed it:hug:

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Oh I had a question I wanted to ask you guys.

I've been listening to several songs with the title 'Bring me Down'. And I've tried to figure out what the hell that means but I just cant understand:confused:
I mean I know what it means, but when I listen to the songs it doesnt seem to match the other lyrics?

Brownie
12-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Hmmmm, who were the singers?

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 10:11 PM
This one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4wGyC3seI

and this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3NYfmWo0Qg

Brownie
12-11-2008, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure, but I'll listen to them later and see if I can figure out...time to do some more baking, ttyl:wavey:

Tess Gray
12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Have fun baking! :hug:

~*BGT*~
12-11-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I didn't really needed it. All the snow and ice on the roads had melted to water, and I have no problem driving in wet weather. :lol:

One more exam left... economics is gonna rip me a new one.

reggie1
12-12-2008, 12:32 PM
Oh I had a question I wanted to ask you guys.

I've been listening to several songs with the title 'Bring me Down'. And I've tried to figure out what the hell that means but I just cant understand:confused:
I mean I know what it means, but when I listen to the songs it doesnt seem to match the other lyrics?

I think in the first one she's singing about "bring me down to where you are," it's more romantic but in the second one she's singing "bring me down and make me feel like crap." When you bring someone down it's more or less putting them down, making them feel miserable, well, that's my subjective interpretation. That's the great thing about music, someone else will hear it and see it/think of it completely differently. ;)

reggie1
12-12-2008, 12:47 PM
http://www.atptennis.com/en/multimedia/default_video.asp The ATP tennis magazine show was on last night and this bit of Richard was featured. I have only ever seen it on the computer but watching it on the T.V screen (OMG hair police alert!) it looked so thin and receeding, I could really see his scalp :sad:. Poor Richie, he needs to wear his hat else his little scalp will get sunburnt. He's lost so much hair over the last year. Hopefully he will be less stressed this year and it will grow back. :hug:

reggie1
12-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Oh, no it's not worked, if anyone wants to see it, click "Gasquet" and it's the video in the bottom left hand corner on page 1 added 28th aug.

Brownie
12-12-2008, 01:37 PM
MTF's FAV PLAYER OF THE YEAR

:banana::banana::banana:

QUARTERFINALS

:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

VOTE FOR RICHIE!!! (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134897)

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Voted:) Wow, I'm surprised at how popular Ernests is!

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Danielle, good luck on your exam :hug:

What is it about?

reggie1
12-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Could somebody post the link up for the fave player 4th round please for me? I found it but wasn't sure how to vote as last time I thought I just clicked against Gasquet's name, or do you just type it this time? yes I know, I'm useless, but then I can't be brilliant all the time can I?

reggie1
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Tess, this video is for you. I saw you use the word "harsh" on Richie's photo corner and this woman on the x-factor last year sprung to mind. This has now become a catchphrase in England (or at least where I live) "Very Very Harsh!" or "Very Very Oirrshh" as she says it. I would just like to say that these people are not a true representation of the English. IMO she is Norfolk's answer to Vicky Pollard.

Brownie
12-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Try clicking on the "vote for richie!!!" in my other post:) You have to click the box next to his name in the polls.

It snowed a bit last night:dance:, and then I woke up to a cold house since the power was out:p. And now its pouring rain, but my car was completely covered in ice so I got soaked while trying to chip it off:ras:. Fortunately the power is back on...but I'm still soaked. We are having such weird weather here!! Rain, snow, ice, sun, 50 degree F, 6 degree F...it just can't make up it's mind!

Yeah, it's amazing how many more votes Gulbis is getting than everyone else!!

reggie1
12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UnrBC7HWzdA&feature=related this is it, it didn't work first time, she's awful, it's so funny.

~*BGT*~
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Danielle, good luck on your exam :hug:

What is it about?

Everything. :unsure: Basic economic concepts, laws of supply and demand, elasticity, comparative/absolute advantage, perfect competition, oligopoly, monopoly, monopolistic competition..... :sobbing: I'm so burnt out from accounting that I don't want to even open a textbook and the test is in 25 hours.

Brownie
12-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Danielle, is it microecon?

~*BGT*~
12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes :rolleyes: I've never gotten higher than a 50 on any exam. With a curve, I'm still failing the class. But I have hope because the prof says she won't fail anyone who trys really hard.. and heaven's knows how hard I've tried.

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Vicky, I'm watching that vid rightnow:rolls: Very funny haha.

Do y'all get to use one of these?(how do you call these in english btw:p)

http://www.ticalc.org/images/calcs/84plus-se-big.gif

Schu
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Danielle - good luck with micro, all you can do is your best. I'm SOO glad I'm done with that stuff! and Tess is that a graphing calulator - my worst nightmare!!

Yes what is up with Gulbis? He's a good player but not extraordinary, I don't see tons of chrisma, so personality isn't it and he's not bad to look at but I wouldn't say he's really handsome (unlike a particular Frenchman we know). In fact I've heard and read that he is from a fairly weathly family and a bit of a spoiled brat (but then aren't many on the tour). Go Figure :scratch:

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Danielle - good luck with micro, all you can do is your best. I'm SOO glad I'm done with that stuff!
Really? I always think it's quite interesting

and Tess is that a graphing calulator - my worst nightmare!! again, really? :lol: I looove them, they make life so much easier:lol:

Yes what is up with Gulbis? He's a good player but not extraordinary, I don't see tons of chrisma, so personality isn't it and he's not bad to look at but I wouldn't say he's really handsome (unlike a particular Frenchman we know). In fact I've heard and read that he is from a fairly weathly family and a bit of a spoiled brat (but then aren't many on the tour). Go Figure :scratch:
I quite like Ernests as well. I dont know why exactly. He just has something about him that I like. I like his style of play but also his off court personality:shrug:

Brownie
12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I love my graphing calculator (I'm such a dork:lol:). I've had it since about 1999, and it has a line through the screen, but it still works. I have a hard time figuring out the newer versions though:p

Well, good luck Danielle!:hug: I took micro about 4 years ago, so I don't remember too much, but I do remember that the class was jam-packed with info.

Vicky, funny video:lol: Drama drama!

I like Ernests, but I haven't seen him play enough to consider him a favorite of mine. I guess I'll just have to watch him more this year:) I do really like his personality/humor

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I have the one I showed you above. I always have it with me (in school that is, not when I go shopping:p). You're not a dork Lauren:lol:, it's just a very handy thing to have:D

How was your baking yesterday btw?

lisaplenske
12-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Voted:) Wow, I'm surprised at how popular Ernests is!

yeah!:eek:

I suspect him to make some vaudoo stuff effecting everybody,even me :lol:

:wavey:

Schu
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Really? I always think it's quite interesting

again, really? :lol: I looove them, they make life so much easier:lol:

Actually I really liked learning economics and it is interesting - I just HATED the exam part.

and as for the calculator - anything with numbers is not my friend. Although I got pretty good grades in most maths and accounting, finance etc. I never realy liked it.

I quite like Ernests as well. I dont know why exactly. He just has something about him that I like. I like his style of play but also his off court personality:shrug:

Obviously lots of people like him - I don't know exactly why but he just has something about him that I do NOT particularly like. I think he sort of comes off a bit cocky but I really don't know what it is. And I think a looks a bit "girlie"

lisaplenske
12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Obviously lots of people like him - I don't know exactly why but he just has something about him that I do NOT particularly like. I think he sort of comes off a bit cocky but I really don't know what it is. And I think a looks a bit "girlie"

yes that's it!I know why I like him without any sensitive reason to explain it.Gulbis has kind of "girlie face".
He reminds me of a character I used to watch on tv when I was child.A japanese manga called "georgie", he reminds me of that with his curly hairs.
Here the pic, doesnt he,she looks like ernest?
http://nuit.romanesque.free.fr/images/mangas/georgie/ladygeorgie.jpg

Tess Gray
12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
^:lol:

I think Ernests has a bit of a babyface, but in some weird way I still think he is very attractive:)

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/2736/121473245imgpp7.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/13/375852/gulbis-pilic-small.PNG

reggie1
12-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Danielle - good luck with micro, all you can do is your best. I'm SOO glad I'm done with that stuff! and Tess is that a graphing calulator - my worst nightmare!!

I've heard exactly the same thing about Ernests. A lot of people think (even the other players according to gossip :secret:) that he treats the ATP like some country club, you know, play a bit of tennis, chill out, pick up the odd groupie and then go back home in Daddy's private jet. People say he has exceptional talent but not the drive to do anything with it. I must admit I quite like him, I like his style of play (explosive when he in his zone)and I like his on court personality (he is never rude as far as I'm aware) and his press conferences do show some personality and humour. He is one of those men that I think is really attractive but I can't think why as he's not classically handsome or pretty. Apparently, he is great friends with Safin which will probably be his downfall! :help:
As for that calculator, I have never even seen one! Now, doesn't that make you all feel better? I studied business/economics in the 1980's though and we were still using tablets of stones and an abacus! :lol:

reggie1
12-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Best of luck Danielle and I know it's easy to say but try not to worry too much, if your tutor knows you have worked hard (I like the sound of her attitude), it sounds like you will be o.k ;)

reggie1
12-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I voted, thanks Lauren xx

Schu
12-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I've heard exactly the same thing about Ernests. A lot of people think (even the other players according to gossip :secret:) that he treats the ATP like some country club, you know, play a bit of tennis, chill out, pick up the odd groupie and then go back home in Daddy's private jet. People say he has exceptional talent but not the drive to do anything with it. I must admit I quite like him, I like his style of play (explosive when he in his zone)and I like his on court personality (he is never rude as far as I'm aware) and his press conferences do show some personality and humour. He is one of those men that I think is really attractive but I can't think why as he's not classically handsome or pretty. Apparently, he is great friends with Safin which will probably be his downfall! :help:
As for that calculator, I have never even seen one! Now, doesn't that make you all feel better? I studied business/economics in the 1980's though and we were still using tablets of stones and an abacus! :lol:

Guess I might have to give Gulbis a second chance ...

Ahh tablets of stone and an abacus, I remember those well, I'm from the stone age too!

Danielle, by the time you read this you will probably be finished your exam. That was your last one right?
Guess its :aparty::aparty::woohoo::woohoo::banana: time now.

~*BGT*~
12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Vicky, I'm watching that vid rightnow:rolls: Very funny haha.

Do y'all get to use one of these?(how do you call these in english btw:p)

http://www.ticalc.org/images/calcs/84plus-se-big.gif

No.... that's why it's hard

Guess I might have to give Gulbis a second chance ...

Ahh tablets of stone and an abacus, I remember those well, I'm from the stone age too!

Danielle, by the time you read this you will probably be finished your exam. That was your last one right?
Guess its :aparty::aparty::woohoo::woohoo::banana: time now.

No, it's Saturday morning at 10 AM. Really, who schedules an exam on a Saturday morning? :o I've already got my celebrations in order. Dinner and a movie with my best friends and then the Sampras/Blake exho on Sunday. :banana:

lisaplenske
12-12-2008, 07:41 PM
good luck to your exam danielle, think that many of us had to live that and look, we are still alive!:lol:

lucky you, you will see my past favourite player, I dreamt of him so many times and yes found him very cute(not now anymore lol), god I was so young!:lol:
Hey sampras, the legend:worship:take some pics if you can but above all HAVE FUN!:D;)

reggie1
12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Sampras is so hairy! I've also read so many unpleasant things about him on here that I've gone right off of him. I think he is one of those that's nice when the cameras are turned on.

Schu
12-12-2008, 08:03 PM
No, it's Saturday morning at 10 AM. Really, who schedules an exam on a Saturday morning? :o I've already got my celebrations in order. Dinner and a movie with my best friends and then the Sampras/Blake exho on Sunday. :banana:

OOPS! Sorry for the premature party. I remember having the WORST exam of my life - Organic Chemistry, from 6 to 10 pm on a Friday night followed by another at 8 am Saturday morning! Even though that was eons ago, I still remember the misery.

But the end is near. Enjoy your Saturday night! - hey, aren't you supposed to be studying instead of hanging out here. Guess I'm supposed to be working so I probably shouldn't be talking.

Brownie
12-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Sampras is so hairy! I've also read so many unpleasant things about him on here that I've gone right off of him. I think he is one of those that's nice when the cameras are turned on.
My mom loooooooooves Sampras:lol: Have fun at the exho Danielle!
I remember having the WORST exam of my life - Organic Chemistry, from 6 to 10 pm on a Friday night followed by another at 8 am Saturday morning!
Uggggh, ochem was TERRIBLE! I was a chemistry major, but more into environmental/water chemistry, and ochem just did not make sense to me:sobbing: Bad memories from that class:ras:

Schu
12-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Uggggh, ochem was TERRIBLE! I was a chemistry major, but more into environmental/water chemistry, and ochem just did not make sense to me:sobbing: Bad memories from that class:ras:

Organic Chemistry = the definition of TORTURE!

tennis lover
12-12-2008, 10:54 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UnrBC7HWzdA&feature=related this is it, it didn't work first time, she's awful, it's so funny.
:o I haven't seen that before. That makes me ashamed to be British! :sobbing:
Saturday exams are the worst. :sobbing: The first time I had one I just thought it must've been a mistake! :lol: how wrong I was. Good luck for tomorrow and have fun celebrating your freedom! :hug:
Organic Chemistry = the definition of TORTURE!
aww, I quite like organic chemistry when I did it! :o but I haven't done it too a very high level so that's probably why! :lol:

I am now officially on holiday until 12th January. :yippee: Life is good! :lol: (until I actually have to make myself do some work over the holidays and crash back down to Earth! ;) )

Brownie
12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

VENLA!!
:aparty: :yippee: :bdaycake: :hug:

EternalxJourney
12-13-2008, 08:40 AM
OOPS! Sorry for the premature party. I remember having the WORST exam of my life - Organic Chemistry, from 6 to 10 pm on a Friday night followed by another at 8 am Saturday morning! Even though that was eons ago, I still remember the misery.

But the end is near. Enjoy your Saturday night! - hey, aren't you supposed to be studying instead of hanging out here. Guess I'm supposed to be working so I probably shouldn't be talking.

Hehe I have my orgo final on Monday. Wish me luck. God knows I'll need it.

Everyone enjoying the off-season?

Tess Gray
12-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Venlaaaaaa :D:D

Happy birthday sweetie :hug:

:bounce::drink::banana::aparty::bdaycake:

Tess Gray
12-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Danielle good luck on your exam today...

http://cnx.org/content/m14808/latest/YouCanDoIt.jpg

lisaplenske
12-13-2008, 11:03 AM
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

VENLA!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VENLA!!!!:aparty::bdaycake::aparty::aparty::aparty ::banana::music::banana::banana::music::music::yea h:

reggie1
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Hehe I have my orgo final on Monday. Wish me luck. God knows I'll need it.

Everyone enjoying the off-season?

Ah good luck Ex-Jo (that's what I'll call you, I know not everyone likes to give out their christian names on here, I was the same at first).The off season is boring as hell. I want some tennis to watch, especially Richard Gasquet tennis. I cannot wait for it to all start again. Still, looking forward to Chirstmas. What about you?

Venla, BIG Happy Birthday to you, hope you have a lovely day Sweetheart. :hug::bdaycake:

Jo,(Tennis Lover Jo) will you be watching the X factor final tonight? I can't wait. I've got a huge bag of sweets and me and my kids can't wait.:yippee: My husband can't stand the show though. :lol:

reggie1
12-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Danielle, good luck on your exam :wavey:

tennis lover
12-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Jo, will you be watching the X factor final tonight? I can't wait. I've got a huge bag of sweets and me and my kids can't wait.:yippee: My husband can't stand the show though. :lol:
I hope so! :dance: I really want to but I'm going to a poker night at my brother's house, I'm going to try to convince them to have it on in the background though! :lol: ( :secret: we both got our wish last weekend and got rid of Diana :yippee: ) who do your kids want to win? :)

Happy birthday Venla, I hope you have a wonderful day! :hug:

reggie1
12-13-2008, 11:49 AM
We want Alexandra, she must win!!!!!!!!! :armed: Part of me would like "JLS" to win because it would be nice to have a band to win for the first time. I don't want Eoughan to win, his voice isn't that strong and I think he is too young to cope with that pressure and fame, (Or Eggnog as they called him on Loose Women yesterday!). The only thing with "JLS" is that Aston seems to be the only one that can really sing and they don't have much sex appeal IMHO. Me and my friends were saying they're just not fanciable and I think a boy band needs that across the board appeal. I still fancy "Take That",:hearts: they've got better as they've got older! Like myself :devil: :haha:
Who do you want to win Jo?

Venle
12-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Venlaaaaaa :D:D

Happy birthday sweetie :hug:

:bounce::drink::banana::aparty::bdaycake:

Thank you!! :hug: :smooch: :)

Venle
12-13-2008, 12:16 PM
HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

VENLA!!

Thank you!! :hug: :yippee: :hug:

Venle
12-13-2008, 12:17 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY VENLA!!!!:aparty::bdaycake::aparty::aparty::aparty ::banana::music::banana::banana::music::music::yea h:

Thank you!! :hug: :aparty: :wavey:

Happy birthday Venla, I hope you have a wonderful day! :hug:
Thank you!! :hug: :wavey: :)

Danielle, good luck for your exam! Hope you do well :hug:

lisaplenske
12-13-2008, 12:19 PM
omg Vicky I'm like you right now, the off season is so boring:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing:
I miss richard game too, we still have to wait before watching him again.Do you know when the brisbane draw will be released??
I saw some brisbane pics ans this town looks good.

look at this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Brisbane_skyline_bluesky.jpg/800px-Brisbane_skyline_bluesky.jpgPart of the Brisbane City skyline as viewed from the southern side of the city. Tallest building in the shot is Riparian Plaza.

http://www.brisbanecitylife.com.au/bcl/images/tq/southbank-lagoon.jpgSouth Bank Parklands, the only man made inner city beach in the Southern Hemisphere. South Bank is also Brisbane's cultural hub with art galleries, museums, markets, shops, cafes, restaurants, performing arts and music centres, hotels, resorts, university campuses and the Wheel of Brisbane, the largest Ferris Wheel in the Southern Hemisphere.

http://www.worldtouristattractions.co.uk/images/wta_wheel_brisbane.jpgWheel of Brisbane

found that on wtaworld, from an australian poster.If Bren could tell us more about Brisbane ,would appreciate it:D

Venle
12-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Venla, BIG Happy Birthday to you, hope you have a lovely day Sweetheart. :hug::bdaycake:

Thank you!! :hug: :smooch: :wavey:

MTF complains about "too many smilies in the post" :lol:

Hi everyone :hug:

Tess Gray
12-13-2008, 03:10 PM
hyvää syntymäpäivää :D

(dont know if that is correct but whatever:p)

tennis lover
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
We want Alexandra, she must win!!!!!!!!! :armed: Part of me would like "JLS" to win because it would be nice to have a band to win for the first time. I don't want Eoughan to win, his voice isn't that strong and I think he is too young to cope with that pressure and fame, (Or Eggnog as they called him on Loose Women yesterday!). The only thing with "JLS" is that Aston seems to be the only one that can really sing and they don't have much sex appeal IMHO. Me and my friends were saying they're just not fanciable and I think a boy band needs that across the board appeal. I still fancy "Take That",:hearts: they've got better as they've got older! Like myself :devil: :haha:
Who do you want to win Jo?
I definitely think Alexandra deserves to win as well, she is very good. :) I don't mind JLS either, and I just think Eoghan is a little cutie! :lol: I think Aston is really cute but I know what you mean about the others, their vocals seem a little bit unreliable and they're more like backing singers really! :o I find them entertaining though when they do their little dance routines and stuff. :dance:

Venle
12-13-2008, 05:27 PM
hyvää syntymäpäivää :D

(dont know if that is correct but whatever:p)

It's correct! :worship:

Dank je Tess :hug: (correct me :lol: )

reggie1
12-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Goodness Amira, Brisbane looks gorgeous, it makes me want to go. I don't know when the draw is out, we will have to look on the website.
Have you had a nice birthday Venla?
Jo, best of luck with getting to watch X-factor. I'm so excited. (Yes, I need to get out more!)

~*BGT*~
12-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Danielle good luck on your exam today...

http://cnx.org/content/m14808/latest/YouCanDoIt.jpg

I DID IT!!!!!!! Phew.... feels SO good to be done. And the exam wasn't too hard either. :D Right now I have 2 A's and a B (hoped to have an A in that class but screwed up the final :o ) So it all depends on econ what my final GPA will be. :unsure:

Thank you!! :hug: :aparty: :wavey:

Thank you!! :hug: :wavey: :)

Danielle, good luck for your exam! Hope you do well :hug:

Thanks. :hug: Happy BD btw... how old are you today? :)

EternalxJourney
12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Ah good luck Ex-Jo (that's what I'll call you, I know not everyone likes to give out their christian names on here, I was the same at first).The off season is boring as hell. I want some tennis to watch, especially Richard Gasquet tennis. I cannot wait for it to all start again. Still, looking forward to Chirstmas. What about you?

Jo,(Tennis Lover Jo) will you be watching the X factor final tonight? I can't wait. I've got a huge bag of sweets and me and my kids can't wait.:yippee: My husband can't stand the show though. :lol:

I don't mind giving out my name, it's Valery but most call me Val. I guess I haven't properly introduced myself here even though I've been here for a while. I can't wait till the season starts; I haven't seen a proper Richie match since US Open..:o And Christmas can't come fast enough but until then I have 5 finals to study for.

Happy belated birthday, Venla!! Hope you had a good one.

~*BGT*~
12-14-2008, 07:38 AM
So, I bought my first digital camera today. An Olympus FE-340. I didn't care what I got as long as it was good quality, cheap, and NOT a Canon -- don't want to buy anything Sharapova endorses. :o So while I was waiting in the merchandising area for my camera, I was making small talk with a lady. It turns out she is in charge of the Blake/Sampras exho tomorrow. So I gave her my name and I know her name so hopefully she will introduce me to James. I'm even making shirts that say "We Love James" for my niece and I. :lol:

I went to buy James' book for him to sign it but no bookstore had it. :o I also have the USA clappers from Dc this year but they're really wrinkled. So I'm thinking of having him sign the J'adore Clement/Llodra poster but then I'll have to tell him that I was pulling for France over the US in 3 out of 5 matches, including both of his. The 2nd rubber vs Mathieu and that dead rubber vs Richie. (backhand :drool: )

What should I do? Wrinkled clapper? French DC poster? Or should I go to another bookstore and spend $15 for a book I'm not gonna read? :shrug:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi Val, nice to meet you, :wavey: what are you studying for?
Well done Danielle,I'm really pleased that you did so well. And as for James, you have more chance of getting James's autograph if you spend $15 on a book you won't read, :lol: he'll be pleased you have his book! :worship:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 10:56 AM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9ErjKa-1rEA This is a video of Alexandra Burke who won the X-factor last night (our version of American Idol I suppose) singing with Beyonce. I'm not a huge Beyonce fan but she sang live last night, ("If I were a Boy" later in the show) and she was fantastic. Britney sang on here a couple of weeks ago and it was dire, and she mimed! Anyway, people think Alexandra will be the new Leona Lewis and I was so glad she won, I wanted to show her off here, she makes me proud to be British. This is also her new single http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wAaw6VWpk4A She makes Simon Cowell choke up!

lisaplenske
12-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Oh thanks Vicky for the vid, I was wondering who was this alexandra and you're right, she's very talented and seems like she has all qualities to become huge star in England but also abroad.In France perhaps?:)
I love Dido,she's my favourite british singer.I like Leona Lewis too,I find her very talented and naturally pretty, not a beyonce clone at all.:o

In France we also have a musical contest called "à la recherche de la nouvelle star", its the same concept of making many castings in citys in France but also in Belgium and Swiss,in Canada too(french speakers) to find the "new star".
The difference perhaps with the british version or american is that not many stars came in that tv show, its all about the singers, exit the stars.I think the biggest star who came was Alicia Keys, she was playing piano and the french contender was singing.
Well didnt like that much the winners of past editions, my favourite lost in semi finale(dont understand why even today:() but she is the one who had the best career.Her name is Amel Bent.She has a very beautiful voice.http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=poMKMkQuAlI&feature=related(french song)

her duet with alicia keyshttp://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ_R-XmJAtQ&feature=related

Venle
12-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I DID IT!!!!!!! Phew.... feels SO good to be done. And the exam wasn't too hard either. :D Right now I have 2 A's and a B (hoped to have an A in that class but screwed up the final :o ) So it all depends on econ what my final GPA will be. :unsure:

Thanks. :hug: Happy BD btw... how old are you today? :)

Great to hear that! :)

Tess Gray
12-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Dank je Tess :hug: (correct me :lol: )

Is ook goed :D (is also correct:lol:)

Good job Danielle:hug: GPA = your average?

I I haven't seen a proper Richie match since US Open..:o And Christmas can't come fast enough but until then I have 5 finals to study for.
Aah..:( And what a match that was.
5 finals?! Good luck on that.:o:D

What should I do? Wrinkled clapper? French DC poster? Or should I go to another bookstore and spend $15 for a book I'm not gonna read? :shrug:

Have fun at the exho;) I'd also say: buy the book:lol:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Wow,she has a gorgeous voice and really pretty Amira. Sometimes the ones who don't win go on to have better careers that those that do. Did Arnaud Clemet's girlfriend get famous from a show like this, is it Noyenne leroy?

Venle
12-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Goodness Amira, Brisbane looks gorgeous, it makes me want to go. I don't know when the draw is out, we will have to look on the website.
Have you had a nice birthday Venla?

Yes, I had a pretty good one actually, thanks for asking :)

I've always wanted to go to Aussieland :hearts:

Venle
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Is ook goed :D (is also correct:lol:)

Hyvä! (=Good!):rocker2: :lol:

:D

lisaplenske
12-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Wow,she has a gorgeous voice and really pretty Amira. Sometimes the ones who don't win go on to have better careers that those that do. Did Arnaud Clemet's girlfriend get famous from a show like this, is it Noyenne leroy?

yes but its not that class. A la recherche de la nouvelle star is the french version of American idol.Its all about artist performance, vocal performance.
There is also another musical contest called star academy but in that format all the singers live in a castle and are filmed 24/24.Plus the casting is not that good as in la nouvelle star.Its more like a tv casting for a soap opera you know.
Nolwenn leroy is talented, she deserved to win but star academy sucks if compared to nouvelle star, the channel who produced that decided to stop it.Thank God:o

~*BGT*~
12-14-2008, 02:44 PM
I will look for the book. And yes, Tess, GPA = Grade Point Average. Different grades have different point values for them

A=4
B=3
C=2
D=1
F=0

Anything over a 3.0 is pretty good. I have a 3.25 but had as high as a 4.24 in high school because advanced classes added a point to A's, B's, and C's.... oh how I long for that weighted GPA. :sad:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I listened to some of Nolwenn Leroy on youtube and she has a really nice voice, very pretty and easy to listen to. I love a good singing show. All we seem to get over here though now, is reality T.V! some of it is absolute rubbish. The worst had to be "celeb Air" which had so called celebrities training to be air hostesses/stewards and serving other so called celebrities. It was awful. Mark Phillippoussis does a lot of reality t.v in Australia now apparently, he went on a show like "big Brother" I think. Just imagine if Richard did that? I think he'd rather die! :o Could never imagine Richie as a reality t.v star!

Tess Gray
12-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Wow, thats good Danielle (btw, do your friends ever call you Dani or something?:lol: I have a friend who is also called Danielle and we always call her Daan:shrug:) I heard of GPA but never really understood what it was. All I know is A is good, F is bad:lol:

V, I dont even want to imagine Richie as a reality star. Although, maybe with Gael & JW it could be quite fun:rolls:... Like that's ever gonna happen :rolleyes:

~*BGT*~
12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
My sister and some of my family and friends sometimes call me Danni but spell it Danny. Actually, my brother taught his children to call me T Yell. Easier for them to say than Auntie Danielle. :)

Tess Gray
12-14-2008, 03:04 PM
T Yell:lol: funny.

When will you hear your GPA btw? Is that tomorrow already or in a few weeks?

lisaplenske
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM

yes in France too there are many reality tv but mainly coming from american concepts.Its just :sobbing:
I watched some episode of the reality tv in which marc philipoussis participated where he was searching for the girl of his life.Like the bachelor loL.
I remember that the Henri leconte son made also a reality tv called secret story.I was wondering omg I hope richard wont be in that kind od shit.NEVER!
right now there is a trashing reality tv and its french I think.Its called 5 Frenchies at Rio.Those have to contest in the city of Rio de Janeiro to be the best french kisser.The goal is to french kiss the most high number of girls.That's just disgusting but quite funny cause they got so many stops :lol:

~*BGT*~
12-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I should know by Tuesday. :scared:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
yes in France too there are many reality tv but mainly coming from american concepts.Its just :sobbing:
I watched some episode of the reality tv in which marc philipoussis participated where he was searching for the girl of his life.Like the bachelor loL.
I remember that the Henri leconte son made also a reality tv called secret story.I was wondering omg I hope richard wont be in that kind od shit.NEVER!
right now there is a trashing reality tv and its french I think.Its called 5 Frenchies at Rio.Those have to contest in the city of Rio de Janeiro to be the best french kisser.The goal is to french kiss the most high number of girls.That's just disgusting but quite funny cause they got so many stops :lol:

I never saw the Phillippoussis one. It sounded awful. He is such a ladies man by all accounts, worse than Safin! Is Henri Leconte's son quite famous in France? I always remeber Leconte from the 80's and he was with an older woman who already had children (if my memory serves me correctl). He was on a programme over here called "Loose Women" and I must admit, I really like his sense of humour. He was interviewed by 4 women and they all loved him. Pierre Sarkozy features in a few magazines over here because he quite handsome. I could never imagine Richard in reality t.v, although I would have to watch if he was ;)

RFK
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Ooo I saw the programme with Phillippoussis. It was actually quite entertaining!! Apparently, he was only with the girl he chose in the end for a couple of months after the show. Slightly pointless waste of time...I guess he probably didn't do it for love. Not that i'm being at all sceptical!
Anyone here every watched a french show called Pekin Express? I found it a couple of weeks ago and have got a bit addicted since then!! I can practice my french translation while watching the TV, it's great! :lol:

reggie1
12-14-2008, 07:46 PM
I've not seen that, is it on Sky? TV5 Le Monde channel? How are you Katie? :wavey: Looking forward to Christmas?

RFK
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, on a wednesday night!! It's good - If you're feeling up to some translating.
I'm ok thanks, rather cold though! You? Not feeling particularly christmas-y yet though.

reggie1
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm starting to now, it never really hits me until the last minute. The weather is so miserable, really wet and gloomy! My kids and hubby have all had colds and I was o.k but tonight I definitely feel like I've got the start of one coming on. I will not be ill for Christmas though, I'm determined. I was ill a couple of Christmases ago with a chest infection and felt very sorry for myself. I am not a good patient. I'm lucky really as I'm quite a healthy person on the whole. Where abouts (roughly) in the U.K are you Katie? Are you in the South too? Are you looking forward to the new tennis season? I know am!

RFK
12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Same actually, I thought I'd managed to survive the cold but I can feel it coming on now!
No, I'm in the east midlands area. Near to Nottingham, never managed to get to see Richard play though, and now the Nottingham Open has moved so there's both men's and women's at Eastbourne (I think!) so he won't be coming again. :(
Yes, looking forward to the start of a new year, new Richie hopefully!

reggie1
12-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Yes, I reckon he will be fighting fit for 2009. He seems to be taking the training so seriously, the few pictures I have seen of him in the off season, he always seems to be dripping with sweat. I've put in for the Wimbledon ballot so just waiting to hear, I soooo want to go. The funny thing is, even if I did get near enough to Richard to ask for an autograph (which I'm sure I wouldn't, the security at Wimbly would be so tight)I don't know if I would, I think I'd feel a bit shy. You never know how a famous person would react, some people like the whole fan thing and others hate it and Richard strikes me as someone who is not particularly comfortable with it. I remember reading that Richard was not happy about Nottingham being moved, do the men play on grass at Eastbourne? I watched the womens' matches years ago but don't think it's televised anymore on bbc1, have to tune into sky probably.
Would you ask for an autograph or a photo Katie if you got the chance?
You are from the same area as Jo (tennis lover).

reggie1
12-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Been meaning to ask this for ages, can anyone tell me what the credits are and the banking and donating? I keep accumulating them and don't have the faintest idea what they are! :shrug:

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Credits are for virtual betting on matches. I got a really good payout when I put a lot on Verdasco to beat Berdych at Wimbledon this year. :woohoo: It's just for fun. :) And you can also loan/donate/give credits to other posters. That's called banking. :)

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Here my photos (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=66099&id=538556824&saved#/album.php?aid=66099&id=538556824) from today. It's from my facebook and I set the album so that everybody can view it. But if there are any issues, let me know. :)

Venle
12-15-2008, 07:25 AM
I've been wondering this credit question too, for ages. Thanks for clearing it up, Danielle :D

Credits are for virtual betting on matches. I got a really good payout when I put a lot on Verdasco to beat Berdych at Wimbledon this year. :woohoo: It's just for fun. :) And you can also loan/donate/give credits to other posters. That's called banking. :)

So betting here on MTF, is it chargeable? :)

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Chargeable? :scratch:

Venle
12-15-2008, 07:57 AM
I mean, do I have to pay if I bet on matches? :p

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 08:06 AM
If you bet and lose, you lose what ever you wager. But if you bet and win, you win that amount multiplied by the odds. For example:

French Open first round, Nadal vs qualifier. The odds for Nadal might be something like 0.23, which means (if Nadal wins and you bet on him) for every dollar you bet, you'll get $0.23 back. Now the qualifer might have 9999.99 odds, which means (if he wins and you bet on him), for every dollar you bet, you'll get $9999.99 back. But what are the odds of Rafa losing first round? :lol: You wanna take that bet? :p

Now, it's not just about placing a bet on who you think will win, but also who has the best odds. Like, i NEVER bet on someone unless the odds are over 1.00, because then I'll lose money even if I win. :shrug: That Berdych/Verdasco match had Nando at 5.00 or something like that. I bet $1000 and won $5000. :D

Venle
12-15-2008, 08:10 AM
If you bet and lose, you lose what ever you wager. But if you bet and win, you win that amount multiplied by the odds. For example:

French Open first round, Nadal vs qualifier. The odds for Nadal might be something like 0.23, which means (if Nadal wins and you bet on him) for every dollar you bet, you'll get $0.23 back. Now the qualifer might have 9999.99 odds, which means (if he wins and you bet on him), for every dollar you bet, you'll get $9999.99 back. But what are the odds of Rafa losing first round? :lol: You wanna take that bet? :p
Nah. :p ;)

Now, it's not just about placing a bet on who you think will win, but also who has the best odds. Like, i NEVER bet on someone unless the odds are over 1.00, because then I'll lose money even if I win. :shrug: That Berdych/Verdasco match had Nando at 5.00 or something like that. I bet $1000 and won $5000. :D
Good for you :yeah:

I've never understood betting rules before :o

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I don't bet in real life though. Only here, but even then I'm afraid of losing. :scared: BTW, you need to answer your questions in the spotlight thread :p Unless you did it already and I didn't check. :o

Venle
12-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Me neither. I don't wanna lose cash, I need it :lol: Besides, I'd always make the mistake of betting for my favorite, even though he'd be up against Nadal on clay :o

Season should start already, I wanna try MTF betting :p

I've answered ;) Your question was hard :ras:

reggie1
12-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Sorry, I'm still confused is this actual/real money or just credits on your mtf account. I wouldn't want to start betting and then find my internet account debited with loads of money? I have seen posters with minus figures.

lisaplenske
12-15-2008, 11:37 AM
I never saw the Phillippoussis one. It sounded awful. He is such a ladies man by all accounts, worse than Safin! Is Henri Leconte's son quite famous in France? I always remeber Leconte from the 80's and he was with an older woman who already had children (if my memory serves me correctl). He was on a programme over here called "Loose Women" and I must admit, I really like his sense of humour. He was interviewed by 4 women and they all loved him. Pierre Sarkozy features in a few magazines over here because he quite handsome. I could never imagine Richard in reality t.v, although I would have to watch if he was ;)

oh yes, the philippoussis reality tv was just awful.He appeared to me as a sexual obsedé(dont know how to say in english) but he was flirting so intensively with all the girls.I was like come on girls do you really need that "celebrity" to feel good?:o
I was sure he wont stay with the girl he chose.
As for henri leconte son he's not famous in france, he was competing in secret story and the secret the contenders had to guess was that.
As for pekin express I like this reality show cause you travel and has to be very efficient to make the others understand you.In wich channel is viewed?

reggie1
12-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I think it's TV5 Le monde. I'll have to try to watch it, see if it helps me with my french, I need help!!

Tess Gray
12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
yay... I got a 10 in my English test today:D :banana:

And only 1 mistake in my german test:lol:
Damn I'm good :cool:

RFK
12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
To answer your earlier question, I think I would ask Richard for a photo/sign because it would probably be a one off and I wouldn't get another chance to! And anyway, the worse that can happen is that he says no and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to do that.
Ooo thanks for the explanation about the credits, I've been wondering about that too!

reggie1
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM

Well done, Miss Gray :bounce:

Tess Gray
12-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Merci:lol:

And I dont think I would ask for an autograph, too shy for that:lol: And besides, I dont think he would like it:shrug: Or maybe he doesnt mind, but I think it'd make me uncomfortable.

reggie1
12-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I feel the same, but then given the opportunity I might just embarrass myself and go all old lady fan girl! :devil:

RFK
12-15-2008, 07:56 PM
I think he's the kind of person you would have to ask yourself because he wouldn't say anything unless you did!
I'm not a particularly outgoing person in general life, but I would ask him I think! When else would I get the chance!?!! :lol:

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Good job. :yeah: I got a 58.7% on my economics final, but that's without a curve. After doing so "well" on it, I expect to pass the course without any "help" from the teacher. :woohoo:

Tess Gray
12-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Great job Danny:D:yeah:

reggie1
12-15-2008, 09:09 PM
I think he's the kind of person you would have to ask yourself because he wouldn't say anything unless you did!
I'm not a particularly outgoing person in general life, but I would ask him I think! When else would I get the chance!?!! :lol:

We'd probably be at the back of the queue like a couple of wall flowers Katie!:lol:
Danielle, you found him quite approachable didn't you when you met him? Did you like him before you met him or was it a case of once you had met him that you became a fan? (because he was so pretty in real life).

Schu
12-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi all.

I need to retreat over here to all the nice people after getting too into a discussion on GM - the old who is better Murray or Gasquet discussion. When am I going to learn to not read those GM posts that just push my buttons!!

Danielle - it's over and sounds like you had a good semester - Congrats! I always had one course every semester that killed me and was so glad to put it behind me, unless I had part 2 the next semester (ie. Organic Chemistry II or Finance II in grad school).

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I really can't engage in GM or ANY discussion revolving Gasdick. I get too mad. :o

Vicky -- I've liked Richie since the beginning of 2006, LOVED him since the summer of 2007. But after seeing him in person and meeting him, I am IN love with him. :inlove:

~*BGT*~
12-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Quickly everyone!! Vote for silverwhite and I here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134982) in the Popularity Contest.

Brownie
12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Quickly everyone!! Vote for silverwhite and I here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134982) in the Popularity Contest.
Voted for you:)

I'm about too decorate my Christmas tree:yippee:

Davodus
12-16-2008, 03:32 AM
Merci:lol:

And I dont think I would ask for an autograph, too shy for that:lol: And besides, I dont think he would like it:shrug: Or maybe he doesnt mind, but I think it'd make me uncomfortable.

i got his autograph at this aus open this year :D. He signed just about anyone who wanted his, was really friendly and willing to sign. I could have got it again a 2nd and 3rd time when i saw him again warming up because he was signing for everyone again

reggie1
12-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi all.

I need to retreat over here to all the nice people after getting too into a discussion on GM - the old who is better Murray or Gasquet discussion. When am I going to learn to not read those GM posts that just push my buttons!!

Yeah, I've been on there putting my two penneth in for what it's worth. Richie21 is actually being quite nice, I had to have a lie down after reading some of his posts.

I really can't engage in GM or ANY discussion revolving Gasdick. I get too mad. :o

Vicky -- I've liked Richie since the beginning of 2006, LOVED him since the summer of 2007. But after seeing him in person and meeting him, I am IN love with him. :inlove:
I never would have guessed! :devil:

Quickly everyone!! Vote for silverwhite and I here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134982) in the Popularity Contest. Will do.

i got his autograph at this aus open this year :D. He signed just about anyone who wanted his, was really friendly and willing to sign. I could have got it again a 2nd and 3rd time when i saw him again warming up because he was signing for everyone again

Thanks for that, right then Tess and Katie, no excuses now if we ever do see him. :)

reggie1
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Is voting closed now Danielle? It said it at the top of the thread. There was nothing to click against or do I just type your names? I always miss the boat on these voting things. :confused:

Brownie
12-16-2008, 01:40 PM
The voting for that section is closed, but Danielle won her matchup :bounce: so you can try to vote for her next round V:) (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7906111&postcount=1)

And for this contest, you are choosing one person or the other so you can copy and paste the matchups into your post and bold the name you want or delete the name you don't want.

Edit: if you want to vote in the next section of this round, the draw is in the first post here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134987

reggie1
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks Mum! How are you Lauren, you've not been on for a while, been busy?

Brownie
12-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi Vicky:hug:

I have been pretty busy. Went to visit my bf this weekend. Went Christmas shopping w/ some high school friends. Dropped presents off at some relatives houses. Studied for my final exams. Took one exam, and I'm about to take a take-home exam (I love open book take-homes:dance:)). And my sister is home for Christmas break, so I've been doing stuff w/ her:D

How have you been? Did you have a nice weekend?

reggie1
12-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I've been fine thanks Lauren :hug: Had a busy weekend, doing christmas shopping and the kids had parties and stuff to go to so it was quite hectic. My girls have a better social life than I do! :lol:
You sound like you've been really busy aswell.

reggie1
12-16-2008, 03:50 PM
:yippee: My 600th post. All my housework was done, christmas shopping finished, nothing on T.V so I've been all over the place this afternoon on MTF working towards my 600th post!! Once I get to 75 then I'm on a mission to get to the hundred!:devil: Don't really know what this says about me! :o

Brownie
12-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a nice, relaxing day! You could watch a Richie match:)

Your next party won't be until 1000;) I did notice you on GM quite a bit:lol:

Venle
12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
You're on fire, Reggie :p

Is Richie even hotter in person? :hearts:

At the moment I'm thinking what would happen if I saw him live. I'd probably have to sit down :awww: (already happened with Mannarino :lol: )

Brownie
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
At the moment I'm thinking what would happen if I saw him live. I'd probably have to sit down :awww: (already happened with Mannarino :lol: )

I bet I would totally freeze up if I ever saw him live:unsure: I hope I could get up the courage to ask for a picture or something w/ him though:)

reggie1
12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I've been on the thread "when WTA dates ATP" or something like that and caused a riot because I didn't know what "Barca" was. Apparently, it's Barcelona. I had no idea and now they all ripping the you know what out of me!!!!!!! :lol: I thought "he" was an ATP player. :o

Brownie
12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I just read the when atp dates wta thread :haha: Too funny!! You cracked them up;) Don't worry though, I also had no idea what Barca was before you told me:lol:

~*BGT*~
12-16-2008, 04:28 PM
You're on fire, Reggie :p

Is Richie even hotter in person? :hearts:

Richie is gorgeous in person. His eyes... :inlove: Then again, they were ALL good looking. Every member of the USA and France team. These men were so good looking in person. Especially Clement and Blake... just beautiful. :hearts:

Venle
12-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Richie is gorgeous in person. His eyes... :inlove: Then again, they were ALL good looking. Every member of the USA and France team. These men were so good looking in person. Especially Clement and Blake... just beautiful. :hearts:

:inlove: :hearts:

I totally believe you, all the players I've seen/met (not many -- yet :p) are so much better looking in person. :hearts:

tennis lover
12-16-2008, 06:01 PM
:banana: well done on finishing and on doing well! you found out your results so quickly?! :eek:
This is a video of Alexandra Burke who won the X-factor last night (our version of American Idol I suppose) singing with Beyonce. I'm not a huge Beyonce fan but she sang live last night, ("If I were a Boy" later in the show) and she was fantastic. Anyway, people think Alexandra will be the new Leona Lewis and I was so glad she won, I wanted to show her off here, she makes me proud to be British.
yay, she won! :banana: the final was good, Beyonce was amazing! :D I still way prefer Leona but I'm sure Alexandra is going todo very well. :dance:
You are from the same area as Jo (tennis lover).
:scratch: huh? she isn't! Nottingham is miles away from where I live! :lol: :p

~*BGT*~
12-17-2008, 04:28 AM
^^ I'm surprised I got the results after two days because she had to grade by hand instead of using the machine grader. But I still don't know my final grade in the course... that's what I'm nervous about. :o

emilie
12-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Richard is doing a good job in the poll for MTF favorite player of the year! I am very surprised, he is in the top 10 and beat some player like Murray or Djokovic:eek:
I thought that he would be totally unpopular like in France. He is even close to Nadal and Tsonga!

reggie1
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
:scratch: huh? she isn't! Nottingham is miles away from where I live! :lol: :p

Sorry Jo, I thought you lived in Nottingham. :smash: There is another Jo who posts on here sometimes so maybe I was thinking of her. I am easily confused! :confused:

I went to see that Angelina Jolie film last night "The Changeling". It's an amzing film, really sad though. Not a feel good movie.

Brownie
12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Richard is doing a good job in the poll for MTF favorite player of the year! I am very surprised, he is in the top 10 and beat some player like Murray or Djokovic:eek:
I thought that he would be totally unpopular like in France. He is even close to Nadal and Tsonga!

In the thing on GM, 2008 MTF top 10 favorite players, it seems like Richie makes it into a surprisingly large amount of lists:)

tennis lover
12-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Sorry Jo, I thought you lived in Nottingham. :smash: There is another Jo who posts on here sometimes so maybe I was thinking of her. I am easily confused! :confused:

I went to see that Angelina Jolie film last night "The Changeling". It's an amzing film, really sad though. Not a feel good movie.
no worries, just thought I'd correct you! check out my flag as a hint to my location! ;) (well my current location since I'm home from uni for the Christmas holidays ;) )

it looks like a really good film but, like you said, not very feel good. I'd like to watch it though. :)

Schu
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM

Actually now, in the latest update, he's ahead of Tsonga (#5 or 6 I think)- back to where he belongs, the #1 Frenchman. What a comeback, if only he can do that in the 2009 rankings!

reggie1
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I found a funny picture in that big block of photos on Richie's photo corner. I posted it on it's own on his photo thread. I don't know if it's ever made it's way to the "Funny photos thread", I sincerely hope not, else Richard would never live it down!:tape: You may have all seen it but it's the first time I saw it and I just couldn't stop looking at it. :haha:

Tess Gray
12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi guys:wavey:

Anyone got the new Beyonce/Sasha Fierce (:lol:) album?? I just downloaded it a few days ago (I know, tsk tsk) and I really like it!:D Especially the first disk... I think I'll ask it for my bday:)

reggie1
12-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I've listened to a bit of it on youtube, yes we'll both be in the clink together, Tess. :devil: I think her version of Ava Maria is lovely.

Tess Gray
12-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah I agree:) I've been listening to 'Halo' a lot...

Trying to study for my maths test:ras: I already had a 5.5, 5.4 and a 5.3 this year for maths:lol: So I want to get a solid 8 on this test:lol:

Schu
12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Another SLOW day at the office. I wish I could even out my work, it's either SLOW as molassas or so busy I don't have time to think. I've got christmas carols on my computer, trying to get in the holiday spirit but it's pretty tough to do when it's about 75 degrees outside. Maybe when I go shopping this week end, I'll get in the spirit.

According to something I saw on RG.net, Richard was supposed to be in TOulouse today (wednesday) to hit with some kids at the tournament site, a little PR apperance I suppose - God knows he could use that in France. Anyway maybe someone will snap a few photos (if he really is there). It's been so long since we've seen him, I miss that beautiful tennis game (and all his other beautiful stuff :D).

Tess Gray
12-17-2008, 07:36 PM
Schu! :wavey: Hope your day goes by fast... It really sucks when you're looking on your watch every now and then and seeing only 5 minutes have passed:o

I hope some pics show up! It's been too long without a decent shot of Richie:awww::drool:

reggie1
12-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Another SLOW day at the office. I wish I could even out my work, it's either SLOW as molassas or so busy I don't have time to think. I've got christmas carols on my computer, trying to get in the holiday spirit but it's pretty tough to do when it's about 75 degrees outside. Maybe when I go shopping this week end, I'll get in the spirit.

According to something I saw on RG.net, Richard was supposed to be in TOulouse today (wednesday) to hit with some kids at the tournament site, a little PR apperance I suppose - God knows he could use that in France. Anyway maybe someone will snap a few photos (if he really is there). It's been so long since we've seen him, I miss that beautiful tennis game (and all his other beautiful stuff :D).

Yes, he could certainly do with the good publicity in France, I was looking at some of your posts to Richie21 on the Gasquet/Murray thread and thought, "bless your heart!" :hug: I would ask what you do for a living but won't on here ;)

Schu! :wavey: Hope your day goes by fast... It really sucks when you're looking on your watch every now and then and seeing only 5 minutes have passed:o

I hope some pics show up! It's been too long without a decent shot of Richie:awww::drool:

I thought exactly the same thing today, hence my fascination with the Handbag/Jedi shot on the photo corner. :lol:

Schu
12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
I was looking at some of your posts to Richie21 on the Gasquet/Murray thread and thought, "bless your heart!" :hug:

I even surprise myself - I'm usually a real laid back person and non-confrontational but some people just REALLY push my buttons! You'd think Richie was my kid the way I get streamed up sometimes when certain people bad mouth him.

As you can tell by the fact that i'm still on here, still SLOW at the office. I would go home but since I'm sort of the boss I can't leave when I'm always on everyone else's case to be at work on time, no sudden "sick days" etc.

reggie1
12-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Richie21 is a strange one! Sometimes I agree a tiny bit with what he says, Richard hasn't realised in the past how importance fitness is, a little bit spoiled, too protected by his parents etc... but he is way to harsh and undermining imo, but, the minute anyone else has a pop at Gasquet, Richie21 rushes to his defense. I think basically he is a "fan" (I use the term loosely) but he is a frustrated because he actually believed Richard would be the next "French Messiah" in terms of tennis and hasn't delivered. Even somebody else posted that Richie21's love comes through in the end. Still, it takes all sorts.

Schu
12-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Richie21 is a strange one! Sometimes I agree a tiny bit with what he says, Richard hasn't realised in the past how importance fitness is, a little bit spoiled, too protected by his parents etc... but he is way to harsh and undermining imo, but, the minute anyone else has a pop at Gasquet, Richie21 rushes to his defense. I think basically he is a "fan" (I use the term loosely) but he is a frustrated because he actually believed Richard would be the next "French Messiah" in terms of tennis and hasn't delivered. Even somebody else posted that Richie21's love comes through in the end. Still, it takes all sorts.

Totally agree. And actually what he said in that particular thread, i did agree with completely.

Now, I'm going to get off here and "work" until I leave to get my haircut.

reggie1
12-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Totally agree. And actually what he said in that particular thread, i did agree with completely.

Now, I'm going to get off here and "work" until I leave to get my haircut.

Trim or restyle? I'm getting mine done tomorrow, I can't wait, I have issues with my hair at the moment!! :mad:

Brownie
12-17-2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135014

Most Popular MTFer
4th Round is Open
Vote for Danielle
:rocker2::rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Vote here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135014)please :wavey:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
^^^ I didn't see that :haha: Thanks Lauren. ;)

Brownie
12-17-2008, 11:38 PM
I'll make it bigger;):lol:

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 01:24 AM
:lol: I think it's over for me though. :awww: As adeegee said, I've run my course. :o But in good news....

GUESS WHO PASSED HER ECONOMICS COURSE WITH A 70.4?????

Schu
12-18-2008, 03:50 AM
BRAVO Danielle!!

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 04:42 AM
I was so shocked. :eek: I failed the first 2 exams but she gave us a freaking 70 point curve on the final. :lol:

lisaplenske
12-18-2008, 10:23 AM

I wanted to vote for you danielle but dont understand(or a little bit lazy to get it)how you give points:confused:

I saw tsonga being present for the master france in toulouse but didnt see richard.
The medias dont speak about him being there right now.

Truc
12-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes, I was wondering about that too, he was announced, but he was obviously not there, he isn't mentioned at all in the articles and in the reports and there are no pics of him.
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2008/12/18/509688-Tennis-Tsongamania-au-Palais-des-sports-de-Toulouse.html
Anybody knows why he didn't go? It's strange, he must have a good reason.

Puschkin
12-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, I was wondering about that too, he was announced.......
By whom?

The only source of information was the French part of rg.net, which is unfortunately not always reliable. :o

Truc
12-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I had seen it too and I don't read on RG.net. It was written in articles about the Masters France.

Puschkin
12-18-2008, 10:53 AM
It was written in articles about the Masters France.

:awww: I have missed those then. Anyway, Mr. Invisible living up to his reputation. :p

Truc
12-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Since today's articles don't mention him at all, he probably wasn't supposed to come and it was a mistake.

reggie1
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
:awww: I have missed those then. Anyway, Mr. Invisible living up to his reputation. :p

:lol::haha: The Scarlet Pimpernel of Tennis!

Tess Gray
12-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Danielle that's great:hug::D Congratulations!

Brownie
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Congrats Danielle!!!:hug:

Yeah, last night I remembered that Richie might be at the Toulouse kids thing, so I looked on their website and was VERY disappointed not to find any pictures of him:p. It must have been misunderstanding about him being there:shrug:

tennis lover
12-18-2008, 02:58 PM
:hug: Congratulations Danielle! :yeah: good job! :D

reggie1
12-18-2008, 03:45 PM
:wavey: Well done Danielle.
Amira, you are not alone, I'm not sure how to vote, I keep having to ask Lauren! :o

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 05:07 PM

I wanted to vote for you danielle but dont understand(or a little bit lazy to get it)how you give points:confused:

I saw tsonga being present for the master france in toulouse but didnt see richard.
The medias dont speak about him being there right now.

All you had to do was post my name in the thread. But it's fine. :) And a big :hug: to everyone. It's just a BIG relief to know the semester is over. I got some good grades and I should qualify for some scholarships for my summer Paris program. :woohoo:

reggie1
12-18-2008, 05:44 PM
All you had to do was post my name in the thread. But it's fine. :) And a big :hug: to everyone. It's just a BIG relief to know the semester is over. I got some good grades and I should qualify for some scholarships for my summer Paris program. :woohoo:

OOOhh, you're off to Paris? :devil: Lock up your sons France!;)

reggie1
12-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Has anybody signed up to the "ATP insider" where they email you a newsletter etc..? It doesn't say that it's free on ATP website and I don't want to sign up for it if there's a charge?

Brownie
12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I signed up and it was free:)

Danielle, I'm soooo jealous!! I want to go to Paris:awww:

reggie1
12-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Me too! Thanks Lauren, I'll sign up then. I've just watched the ATP tennis magazine programme, Richie featured on it quite a lot, (hair police alert) but his hair never looks the same twice, it always makes me laugh. One minute, he looks like a wild man, the next it's flat and then it's curly!

Brownie
12-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Probably depends on the time of the day and how much he's worn his hat that day:lol:

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
OOOhh, you're off to Paris? :devil: Lock up your sons France!;)

No, let them loose. :lol:

I signed up and it was free:)

Danielle, I'm soooo jealous!! I want to go to Paris:awww:

I'm so excited about this. It's $3500 out of pocket but that includes 5 weeks stay in the nicest youth hostel in the city, two meals a day, an the price for all excursions. The best thing about it is that I will be there for RG, Queen's AND Wimbledon. :woohoo:

Brownie
12-18-2008, 08:19 PM
That sounds like a really good deal! Are you studying at a university while you are there?

Schu
12-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Probably depends on the time of the day and how much he's worn his hat that day:lol:

Or the weather. I can have my hair perfectly blow dried and walk out in the humidity, which is usually really high and look like a wildwoman in about 10 minutes. I love his hair curly.

Danielle - I'm sooooo jealous. I've been to Paris once but that was so long ago I think the four muskeeters were playing at RG then. I was not there during RG but swore I would get back there someday during the French Open. Are you going through a university and takinga few "classes"?

Brownie
12-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Or the weather. I can have my hair perfectly blow dried and walk out in the humidity, which is usually really high and look like a wildwoman in about 10 minutes. I love his hair curly.

Danielle - I'm sooooo jealous. I've been to Paris once but that was so long ago I think the four muskeeters were playing at RG then. I was not there during RG but swore I would get back there someday during the French Open. Are you going through a university and takinga few "classes"?

I have the same exact problem...it's a pain!:p

I've only been to Europe once. Half a week in London and half a week in Paris. It was so much fun, but definitely not enough time to see everything I wanted to see! Hopefully I can get back there soon!

:banana:It's time to vote for Richie again!!:banana:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=135053

MTF favorite player semifinals

~*BGT*~
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
That sounds like a really good deal! Are you studying at a university while you are there?

It's the LSU in Paris program so it'll be through LSU. I'll be taking 6 hours. They also have programs for Italy, Tanzania, and the Eubaye Valley. :) It's better than regular study abroad programs because you're not alone. You're going with 2 professors and up to 30 students. :)

Cin
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Has anybody signed up to the "ATP insider" where they email you a newsletter etc..? It doesn't say that it's free on ATP website and I don't want to sign up for it if there's a charge?

free,but I never read them。 just the old news

:wavey:hi,girls。is there any boy here?

Schu
12-19-2008, 12:31 AM
free,but I never read them。 just the old news

:wavey:hi,girls。is there any boy here?

Think it's mostly all "fangirls". If any guys were hanging around I guess we've scared them off with some of our stimulating discussions about hair, shoes, sexy men etc.

Perhaps when tennis starts again this thread will be less of a "chick thread". ABout 2 1/2 more weeks until some action on the courts !!!!

But that means Christmas is a week away :eek: and I have gotten exactly one present - I'll be busy this week end. Money is a bit tight this year so I will have to use my marvelous creativity (anothert Martha Stewart here). Hopefully the receipients of my gifts will really believe the old saying -"it's the thought that counts"

PinkFeatherBoa
12-19-2008, 01:06 AM
:wavey: Hi fellow Gasqueteers. Just popping in, miss Richie, shame he couldn't play the Masters but glad to hear the training otherwise seems to be going well, can't wait to see the Fitness improvements especially. 2009 promises to be an interesting year...when it eventually gets here. :yeah:

Danielle, your trip sounds great- I love Paris- I guess I'm fortunate that I live just a 2 hour train ride away- I spend more time there than even my own home city, these days. :) If you ever need any info about RG, Queens or Wimbledon, feel free to PM me, I know these tournamentsfar too well. :angel:

As to the lack of men, our main man Silverwhite was one of the few who would chat here I think, guess Gasquet fans are really a bunch of shallow "fangirls"! :lol: Well, we can't help it if he's so handsome. :devil:

Brownie
12-19-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi Pinkfeatherboa:bigwave:

Yeah, our conversations are really intelligent, huh? ;):lol:

and........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!
:bdaycake: :aparty: :banana: :hug:

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Jo congratulations :hug: :woohoo:

Have a great day;)!

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 12:06 PM
btw, Vicky I see that you're kinda drooling over the Dutchie, Jesse:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeR9h9Q4Bdw&feature=channel_page

Somewhere around 18 seconds there's a few seconds of him and you get look straight into his gorgeous eyes:p

I like Robin Haase more:p but that's just my personal opinion:angel:

reggie1
12-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Oh, thanks Tess, Jesse is so handsome :hearts: Robin's not bad either :devil:

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah they're both pretty cute;):angel:

I guess Thiemo de Bakker is the Dutchie who is not very attractive...:awww: Poor guy:lol:

EDIT: Oh no never mind, I forgot Melle van Gemerden:p He is the hitting partner of Ana Ivanovic. He's not even that good :scratch:

Brownie
12-19-2008, 01:16 PM
btw, Vicky I see that you're kinda drooling over the Dutchie, Jesse:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeR9h9Q4Bdw&feature=channel_page

Somewhere around 18 seconds there's a few seconds of him and you get look straight into his gorgeous eyes:p

Wow, his eyes:hearts: :faints: :lol:

How are you doing?:wavey:

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I''m great... vacation :woohoo::lol:

how are you:)?

Brownie
12-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Me too!!:yippee: How did your fall semester go?

I loooove being lazy:lol: Have you ever played DDR? We just got it, and I'm getting a little better:)

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 01:55 PM
what's DDR?:shrug: Never heard of that:lol:

My first semester went really well:D I'm excited for that actually, no failed classes so far! How about you?

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry for my late response btw:o I was installing the ATP Tennis screensaver:lol: Took me a while:rolleyes:

Brownie
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
No worries:)

It's dance dance revolution http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Dance_Revolution. You can find it in arcades but it can also be played with playstation, xbox, etc. Really fun, but kind of hard since I'm not very coordinated:silly:

Good to hear:) My first semester also went well! I got an A in one of my classes and I'm just waiting to hear back about my other class.

Were you able to get the Monte Carlo match to work for you?

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Ooh Dance Dance Revolution, yeah I heard of that:lol: Only because in every american reality show somebody is playing it:lol: Never played it though:p

What would you consider an A?
A=9/10?
B=7/8? etc?

I haven't looked at it yet, didnt have any time yesterday so... :)but thanks for the tip!

Brownie
12-19-2008, 02:14 PM
I guess an A would be around 9.5-10 out of 10.

Have you gone on any of your fun shopping trips that you were talking about earlier yet?

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Okay! Wow, you must be really good in that class than:) What class was it?

No I'm going to tomorrow:D :banana: Going to Antwerps first:yeah::D

Brownie
12-19-2008, 02:31 PM
It's called groundwater hydrogeology. Pretty much looking at aquifers (natural things underground that contain groundwater for drinking), wells and doing a lot of calculations to find out more about the aquifers. We also looked at contamination of groundwater, which is something I might want to do for a job after I graduate:)

Sounds like you're exciiiiited:) Last weekend I went Christmas shopping w/ a few friends from high school. So much fun:D, which was kind of amazing because usually I enjoy shopping by myself better.

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 03:06 PM
sounds difficult:lol: So good that you got an A in that class:yeah:

I am excited:)! I like Antwerps a lot so...;) Did you do christmas shopping or just for normal things?

Brownie
12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
My cat is driving me NUTSSSSSS:hysteric: He keeps crawling all over me while I'm trying to type (he was never this clingy when he was younger, all of a sudden he decided he wanted to be a lap cat:confused:).

I went shopping mostly for Christmas. Fortunately I was able to find things for the relatives that are hard to buy for. I also bought a sweater for myself:angel:

Brownie
12-19-2008, 03:35 PM
No Richie, but HILARIOUS all the same:haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSiWARyuD_I

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 03:39 PM
:lol: He just loves you very very much.

:secret:I hate cats:ras::secret:

Do you have a big christmas party in your family?

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I had already seen that one :rolls::haha:

I love when they do stuff like that:lol: You get to know players offcourt as well. I also like the vid with just the ATP players:lol:

Brownie
12-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Awww, I love cats:) Do you have any pets? I have this clingy cat and a dog:)

Usually my grandparents and a few aunts and uncles and sometimes my cousins all come to my house on Christmas Eve and day. How about you?

Hmmm, I think I missed the one with just the ATP players.

Ok, time to do some laundry/play ddr/maybe do something productive...have fun in Antwerps:)

Tess Gray
12-19-2008, 03:56 PM
thanks;)

Have a productive day:lol: :wavey:

lisaplenske
12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
hi everyone:wavey:

hope you all feel good cause as for me I'm just having a Big flu and its very annoying.:sobbing::explode:

But well, everybody around me are in the same estate as me,seems like an epidemia!

still how many days before new season starting?:rain:

reggie1
12-19-2008, 07:07 PM
I love that video, I came across this one the other day, (tried to post it but couldn't and noticed it's on youtube already) I loved Baggy in it, no Richie again! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YzjrTzhR9_w&feature=channel
Amira, I feel exactly the same, full of cold, headache and aching limbs! I hope you feel better.
Tess and Lauren, well done on all your classes and I'm glad you will be getting a break, it sounds like you need it!

Schu
12-19-2008, 09:01 PM
That video is so cute - Baggy, Robredo and Ivo are precious. No RIchie, but somehow I can't see him doing that, although somewhere waaaay back on the photo tread is a pic of him in a Santa Clause hat-cute.

Hope you guys are feeling better soon. It is no fun to feel bad around the holidays.

I'm getting psyched to do lots of holiday baking this weekend. I'm gonna make Martha Stewart cry with envy (fat chance).

Have a good weekend everyone!

tennis lover
12-20-2008, 01:24 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO!!
:bdaycake: :aparty: :banana: :hug:
:D :hug: Thank you! I'm so old now! :sobbing: ;)
Jo congratulations :hug: :woohoo:

Have a great day;)!
Thanks! :hug:
Awww, I love cats:) Do you have any pets? I have this clingy cat and a dog:)
I have 2 cats and a dog (all recently acquired since I hate animals but at least I'm at uni now! :lol: ) and my puppy managed to escape from our garden this morning and go missing! :o Thank goodness we found her otherwise my birthday would've been awful! :awww:
I'm getting psyched to do lots of holiday baking this weekend. I'm gonna make Martha Stewart cry with envy (fat chance).

Have a good weekend everyone!
have fun baking and have a great weekend yourself! :D

Hope all of you that are feeling a bit ill get better soon. :hug:

Venle
12-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Happy birthday Jo!! :hug: :aparty: :hug: