The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4 [Archive] - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

The Gasket Blowers Chat Thread 4

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Sounds like a blast;) How many years have you been taking french?

yeah, 300 doesn't sound quite so bad:lol:

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh my goodness! I had a dream last night that Richard came back from the off-season looking like AC Slater from saved by the bell:eek: It was quite horrifying!!

Here's a picture as an example, seriously he looked just like this right down to the hair:lol:

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:22 PM
All my highschool years. So this is my fifth year, next year is my last year.
And I probably want to study something with french language involved so I really want to get a good grade for this!

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
AC Slater :rolls: That's hilarious. Was he wearing that outfit as well?:lol: I woudln't say no to that.

You know I have seen Mario on danicng with the stars I believe? He is still very cute :drool:!

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Yup! He was on DWTS...very cute:) Ummm, he was definitely wearing something that showed of his tanned biceps and pecs...I was not impressed:rolleyes:. I was like, what happened to cute, old Richie? The hair was atrocious!

Speaking of DWTS, Cody got voted out last night (sooooo sad, but I guess I expected it). I think he has the hots for his dancing partner, Julianne:lol:, and looked like he was going to cry at the end:tears:

Wow, your high school is really long! Does it seem like it lasts forever?

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Cody got voted out! Ah damn, he was one of the few I know:lol: Well, that's the game I guess :awww: WHo are you rooting for now :p

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Well, actually next week is the last week. Brooke, Lance Bass, and Warren Sapp are left. I think I'll root for Warren cause he's a huge american football player, and it's really funny because he's amazingly light on his feet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mQdNKsLwZ0 :lol: I also like Lance.

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm trying to find a post I made a few weeks back, explaining my schoolsystem and why it is so long:lol: But I'm still searcing...

I'll be supporting... Lance:D He's the only one I know. So go Lance :woohoo: But Warren is definitely a close second.

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh jeez...did you explain it to me and I already forgot?:scratch:

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
No No :lol: not to you, to Ksu:lol: We were comparing school systems.

Brownie
11-19-2008, 07:55 PM
: phew : (they should really make a phew emoticon!)

Hmmmm, I haven't seen Ksu around lately:shrug:

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Oh here it is:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7720323&postcount=16550

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7720516&postcount=16552

:)

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 07:58 PM
: phew : (they should really make a phew emoticon!)

Hmmmm, I haven't seen Ksu around lately:shrug:

They should make a phew emoticon:lol:

I talked to her yesterday on facebook, and she is really busy with school lately:) She said she'll come here again soon

Brownie
11-19-2008, 08:01 PM
School will do that to you!

Wow, so many choices in levels/studies! Do your class sizes get a lot smaller in your 5th and 6th year?

reggie1
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
I read that Eric Debliker has a new book out, I never knew he had such a sad life! His wife was killed in a bomb blast and his mother committed suicide. Apparently he has written the book with his son and nobody ever really knew about all the tragedy as he kept it to himself. I always think he seems like such a nice man and in someways was actually more caring and fatherly to Richard than Francis, Amira may know more about that though. I think francis always seems like a hard task master who expects so much from his son.

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 08:06 PM
We don't really have classes with our class. Only the standard subjects, but those are not a lot. For every other subject you are in a different class. But we are a large school (over 2000 students) so you are always in a class with around 25 people.

Brownie
11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
So sad about Eric:sad:

How are you doing today Vicky?:hug:

Wow, your school is bigger than my college was (1800 people) :lol:

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi V! I didn't know Eric had such a tough life. poor guy:hug:

I don't know about Richies dad. I don't think he is that tough on him, because I think he'd be present at more tourneys if he was (maybe a lil bit like Nole's dad).

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Oh really?:lol: Well, my school is the biggest one in my area. Which is exceptional because we only have HAVO, VWO and en english departement.

Brownie
11-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I think it's time to head home...have a nice night:)

Tess Gray
11-19-2008, 08:22 PM
:wavey: ciao, I'm also off (to bed & read through my french one more time;)) :hug:

Brownie
11-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Good luck on your test!!:hug:

reggie1
11-19-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm fine thanks Lauren, how are you? Went to college today and it's so funny. I found out that my tutor actually decides whether we pass the course as she marks our work and if we get anything wrong, she will just verbally ask us the question until we get it right. i've never heard anything like it!! I must be getting old as when I sat qualifications, you did exams/essays etc.. still not complaining as hopefully, I should pass. I reckon everyone will be sucking up to her aswell. I think this isjust going to be a "mickey mouse" qualification as we would say in England but unfortunately I need it to be ateaching assistant. And it cost me £600 to do the course. :devil:

tennis lover
11-19-2008, 08:30 PM
lol I was so confused about my mistake, no really I felt like a dumb lol.

I just vizualized where the bourgogne is on the map
Not far from paris really.
but far from Bordeaux! :p ;) don't worry about it, my British geography is terrible! :sobbing:
Oh my goodness! I had a dream last night that Richard came back from the off-season looking like AC Slater from saved by the bell:eek: It was quite horrifying!!
that's freaky! :lol: I used to love Saved By The Bell though! :lol:
I read that Eric Debliker has a new book out, I never knew he had such a sad life! His wife was killed in a bomb blast and his mother committed suicide. Apparently he has written the book with his son and nobody ever really knew about all the tragedy as he kept it to himself. I always think he seems like such a nice man and in someways was actually more caring and fatherly to Richard than Francis, Amira may know more about that though. I think francis always seems like a hard task master who expects so much from his son.
yeah, I heard about that, it's really sad. :sad: Poor Eric.

I think Francis (and his wife) is just really protective over Richard though since they lost a child before Richard was born. :awww: Everything he does is because he cares so much. :shrug:

Schu
11-19-2008, 10:11 PM

I thought I read somewhere that Eric's wife was a flight attendant and was killed a long time ago in a bomb blast on an airplane (at least I think that I read that - I am getting a bit senile in my old age...)but never knew that about his mom :sad:. And yes Eric does seem like a really nice, gentle guy - perhaps too nice to have whipped Richie into shape.

Francis seemed a bit overprotective of his son but I never got the impression that he was a hard taskmaster, in fact I felt he let Richard get away too easy and did too much talking for RIchard when controversy arose. Just noticed how I referred to Francis in the past, guess that's because ever since Peyre took over, Francis has been pretty much out of the picture and silent (which is a very good thing IMO for RIchard). Not that Francis was bad for RIchard it was just time for him to let go and let Richard fly on his own.

~*BGT*~
11-20-2008, 01:39 AM
VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! :woohoo:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134383

Puschkin
11-20-2008, 06:26 AM
VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!! :woohoo:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134383

:lol: I did not even know that I am also in. But out of the Gasquetaires, richie21 is the clear favourite, I just wonder why he (she) is seeded only 19. I think there is a semifinal to defend if I remember correctly.:):p

reggie1
11-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Danielle, I don't know how to vote. I clicked on the thread and it came up as locked.

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Vicky, that's because you couldn't vote yet ;)

Now you can:)

Danielle I voted for you:D:D! May the best AC win;)

Brownie
11-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Voted!

Haha, Tess, did you just copy and paste what I voted? http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7848348&postcount=52

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 12:54 PM
yeah I did but I didn't see it was you till after I posted...:awww: And I was reading through your picks and I agreed with them! Swear:lol:

Brownie
11-20-2008, 12:56 PM
No problem:) I saw jimnik had quoted my votes, and I was like, oh jeez, are they making fun of who I voted for.

How did your test go??

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 12:59 PM
nah:lol: MTF'ers dont make fun of people. Ever.

Brownie
11-20-2008, 01:03 PM
haha, true:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
My test went really well! I had a 7.7 :D

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah tess,congrats:D

so I'll speak with you only in french, and it start now:p

hello everyone:wavey:

Brownie
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
nice!! congrats:D

Hi Amira:wavey:

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Thank you. I'm excited because before this test my average was 6.4 which means that i would have a 6 on my report card. And now I have an average of 6.8 which means I have a 7 on my rapport card :cool:

Hi Amira!
It would be good for my french:lol:

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 01:30 PM
bonjour les filles,lauren:wavey:

que racontez vous de bon aujourdhui?

[mode french: ON]

reggie1
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Amira, Would you do something for me? But only if you have time. Look On the daily motion website and listen to one of Richard's interviews. it's in french, its 2 minuntes and 33 seconds and it's entitled "Gasquet". He is being interviewed outside and I have tried to follow this and understand it many times as he looks really uncomfortable and would love to know what it's about. Is he being asked if he lied about pulling out of last years U.S open as I thought I heard the word "deception?"

Brownie
11-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh jeez, french mode...

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 01:45 PM
*takes a deep breath* Okay here goes.

Mon jour étais tres ennuyeux et maintenant je suis tres tres froid:rolls:
Et ton jour?

[please correct every little mistake I make:lol:]

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 01:52 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/gasquet/video/x2vdig_gasquet_news

Cette video?

Brownie
11-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Mon jour a commencé il ya une heure, ainsi je n'ai pas fait beaucoup. J'ai voté dans l'ACC et Tess a copié ma voix :lol:

eeek, that was tough...I haven't written anything in french in years!

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 02:06 PM
:angel: Oui, j'ai copié la voix de Lauren, je suis desolée:awww:

Ce soir, j'irai a une réunion pour choisir ma formation (?) universitair:)

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 02:15 PM
*takes a deep breath* Okay here goes.

Mon jour étais tres ennuyeux et maintenant je suis tres tres froid:rolls:
Et ton jour?

[please correct every little mistake I make:lol:]

Good french really but dont understand what do you mean in the second part of your sentence?you mean you're cold because of the weather?

Et ton jour? perhaps better to use the word "journee" instead of "jour" day in english.
So it will be --> "Et ta journée?"
explication: "un jour" c'est trop large comme denomination, lundi est un jour, mardi est un jour.Mais lorsque tu veux parler du jour de maniere beaucoup plus precise, avec un facteur de temps, il convient d'utiliser le mot "journee".

I hope that Im clear lol

Brownie
11-20-2008, 02:21 PM
pas de probleme;):)

ok, il faut que je fais mes devoirs:p:p Je vous parlerai plus tard! [umm, did i get the future tense right, i can't remember??]

[Tess are you going to pick out which university you want to go to? that sounds exciting!:)]

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, I'm cold because eventhough I'm wearing a sweater it's still cold inside:lol:

Journée sounds better than jour so I guess that makes sense!

Et ta journée;)?

Tess Gray
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah I'm going to this fair and all the DUtch Uni's are there and you get to make your choice for now. Not final yet:)!

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 02:37 PM

ok, il faut que je fais mes devoirs:p:p Je vous parlerai plus tard! [umm, did i get the future tense right, i can't remember??]

[Tess are you going to pick out which university you want to go to? that sounds exciting!:)]

oui bravo tu as bien conjugué le verbe parler au futur mais tu dois savoir qu' avec l'expression "il faut que", tu dois conjuguer le verbe de la phrase au subjonctif present dans la majorité des cas.le subjonctif passé n'est plus vraiment utilisé de nos jours lol.

So dont forget the conjugaison rule il faut que + verbe au subjonctif present

so in your sentence it will be ok, il faut que je fasse mes devoirs.Je vous parlerai plus tard!

to tess-->if you want to say that you're cold, you can say "j'ai très froid" or "il fait très froid "

:wavey:

Puschkin
11-20-2008, 02:42 PM

Il faut que je fasse mes devoirs. :p But the future was good. :D

Brownie
11-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks you two! I'm back because I got bored avec mes devoirs:lol: Ok, definitely forgot about the subjonctif form of verbs. I won't forget now:) I'll have to look up subjonctif in my handy-dandy 1001 French verbs:p

Tess, when do you start applying for university? Must be soon!

Puschkin
11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks you two! I'm back because I got bored avec mes devoirs:lol: Ok, definitely forgot about the subjonctif form of verbs. I won't forget now:) I'll have to look up subjonctif in my handy-dandy 1001 French verbs:p

Subjonctif is tricky. And there are cases where you can use both, the subjonctif and the "normal" verb, but you change the connotation of your phrase. It is one of the subtelties of the French language which I don't master myself. :o

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Il faut que je fasse mes devoirs. :p But the future was good. :D

bonjour puschkin, ça va comme tu veux aujourdhui?:wavey:

tu parles très bien français, c'est bien tu devais être une bonne élève à l'école;)

Brownie
11-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you know a general rule about when to use subjonctif? Pushkin, is your first language German (you are from Austria, right)?

Puschkin
11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
c'est bien tu devais être une bonne élève à l'école;)
I am a "bûcheuse" by nature. :p The day was good, Truc posted a short passage from L'Equipe: Richie started working on Monday. :)

Pushkin, is your first language German (you are from Austria, right)?
Yep, :wavey:

tennis lover
11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
french mode?! :banana:

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I am a "bûcheuse" by nature. :p The day was good, Truc posted a short passage from L'Equipe: Richie started working on Monday. :)

Yep, :wavey:

:drool: lol une bucheuse so you were not what we can name in french "une intello"?

cool about richard news,j'y vais de ce pas vers l'article!:bolt:

tennis lover
11-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Amira, Would you do something for me? But only if you have time. Look On the daily motion website and listen to one of Richard's interviews. it's in french, its 2 minuntes and 33 seconds and it's entitled "Gasquet". He is being interviewed outside and I have tried to follow this and understand it many times as he looks really uncomfortable and would love to know what it's about. Is he being asked if he lied about pulling out of last years U.S open as I thought I heard the word "deception?"
deception means disappointment! so he's just saying that he's really disappointed to have pulled out. :)

Puschkin
11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
deception means disappointment! so he's just saying that he's really disappointed to have pulled out. :)

I think this was taken last year at the US Open, when he pulled out and honestly, I don't want to be reminded at it. Even I had a hard time believing him. :rolleyes:

Brownie
11-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Danielle, you won your first round match:yeah: (but do you really want to be an AC:confused:)

What was Richard's reason for pulling out of the USOpen?

reggie1
11-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh dear I didn't realise it was that bad. I thought he pulled out because he had a flu bug, thought it was genuine.

~*BGT*~
11-20-2008, 03:54 PM
It's just a popularity contest for the first 2 or three rounds, but I'm losing next round: I've got RagingLamb :scared:

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I think this was taken last year at the US Open, when he pulled out and honestly, I don't want to be reminded at it. Even I had a hard time believing him. :rolleyes:

omg I just saw his face expression and I switched quickly:rolleyes:

reggie1
11-20-2008, 04:47 PM
what, does it look like he's lying? Is the interviewer being horrible to him?

lisaplenske
11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Well in fact he pulled out before his 2nd round match, saying that he really couldnt play because of a flu
but the worst thing is that he pulled out whereas he had to face donald young arguing that he would certainly have lost to him if he played that day...:o:o:o:o
Come on richard dont say such things to the medias even if you think that.Another richard communication mistake.
That gave the impression he feared to face the young donald young and many kept a bad opinion of richard courage and self- estime and I cant blame them for that.And his face expression in that video doesnt help neither.:tape:
Its very tough to find an excuse to that decision.I remember even Debliker was surprized about richard decision not to play.

reggie1
11-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Oh, so he looked like he was afraid? Poor Richard. That boy needs some self esteem lessons with Dr Phil!

tennis lover
11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah, it was. He does well going through the motions and saying he's disappointed but he doesn't look ill in the slightest. :shrug: Poor move in my opinion, he does seem to have a habit of pulling out when things might not be going his way, I hope it doesn't continue like this. :p

tufani
11-21-2008, 12:14 AM
US Open is such a bad luck tournament for him :o
In 2004 he was disqualified in the qualies, 2005 - elbow injury, 2006 - cramps in the fifth set against Hewitt, in 2007 he caught a cold, 2008 - absolutely ridiculous draw.
What to expect in the next season? :bolt:

Hi all btw! :wavey:

~*BGT*~
11-21-2008, 01:59 AM
We expect a win ;) :wavey: from me. I take it your name is.... Olga? :lol:

Brownie
11-21-2008, 02:40 AM
Hi Tufani:wavey: I like your choice in favorite players:yeah:

I have a question for the french speakers: are boring and annoying really the same word like it says on google translate:scratch:

~*BGT*~
11-21-2008, 05:56 AM
I think it's ennyeux or something like that. :o

Puschkin
11-21-2008, 05:57 AM
yeah, it was. He does well going through the motions and saying he's disappointed but he doesn't look ill in the slightest. :shrug: Poor move in my opinion, he does seem to have a habit of pulling out when things might not be going his way, I hope it doesn't continue like this. :p

I think he learned that lesson with Peyre. And I am convinced that he was really injured before Bercy this year. In addition, I understand him being cautious about the ellbow. It was an ellbow-injury which forced him to miss the end of the 2005 season. And it took him long to recover from that, as his serving was not convincing throughout 2006, it only got back to old levels in 2007.

But with withdrawals like the US Open 2007 in mind, there will always be people not believing him anymore.

tennis lover
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I think he learned that lesson with Peyre. And I am convinced that he was really injured before Bercy this year. In addition, I understand him being cautious about the ellbow. It was an ellbow-injury which forced him to miss the end of the 2005 season. And it took him long to recover from that, as his serving was not convincing throughout 2006, it only got back to old levels in 2007.

But with withdrawals like the US Open 2007 in mind, there will always be people not believing him anymore.
I completely agree. I do think he was injured (and maybe fatigued) before Bercy and I do not want to suffer through another serious elbow injury and the painful, tentative play that came for months afterwards before he was being (understandably) cautious. :sobbing: those were bad times indeed. :awww: But I don't want to see him withdrawing anywhere near as often in the future, I'd rather he played and lost than pulled out with a rubbish excuse. :shrug:

reggie1
11-21-2008, 11:28 AM
I think when he pulls ot of stuff it's often more to do with a crisis of confidence. I think he is so afraid of letting people down by losing that he almost talks himself into feeling ill. There is a video of him on Kwego just after he lost to Darcis, the press conference hasn't started but they are filming him and he doesn't seem to realise it. Honest to god, it made me almost cry watching him. He looks so stressed and scared, like a terrified little boy. If anyone else wants to see it, it's the video where the players are realaxing in the bar and Tsonga has his photo taken with a little boy. I'm sorry, I don't know how to post links.

reggie1
11-21-2008, 11:41 AM
If you go on kwego, type in richard gasquet, it's the grand prix de tennis de lyon cote in et out.Richard is at the end and anyone who thinks he doesn't really care, should just look at the body language.

Brownie
11-21-2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.kewego.fr/video/iLyROoafYlyy.html

Puschkin
11-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Danielle, you won your first round match:yeah: (but do you really want to be an AC:confused:)
I don't think that ever a tennisplayer was so happy about a defeat. :)I just lost to Guy Haines.

reggie1
11-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks Lauren, aka My techno Mummy!

Brownie
11-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Congratulations Pushkin:lol:

No problem Vicky;)

tennis lover
11-21-2008, 01:12 PM
I don't think that ever a tennisplayer was so happy about a defeat. :)I just lost to Guy Haines.
:yeah: congratulations! :lol:

lisaplenske
11-21-2008, 02:46 PM
hello everyone!:wavey:

Brownie
11-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Amira:) Happy Friday!:yippee:

lisaplenske
11-21-2008, 04:55 PM
hi lauren, how are you today?:)

I just have voted in GM of MTF for the 10 players I like the least.You voted?

Brownie
11-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm doing well today:) Super excited that it's almost the weekend!! How are you doing?

I didn't vote for the 10 players I like the least because there aren't really any players I really really dislike. I did vote for my favorite players a while ago:)

Oh, I asked this question last night, and I bet you know the answer:)...are annoying and boring the same word in french?

lisaplenske
11-21-2008, 05:40 PM
boring= ennuyeux

annoying= agaçant

the latter is more "nasty",in a more negative sens.

Brownie
11-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Thanks! I guess I never learned agaçant...it doesn't sound familiar

Tess Gray
11-22-2008, 10:40 AM
:(:( We had a blackout for over 12 hours. Do you guys seriously know how BORING that is:( And cold. You can't do ANYTHING! Except sleep and listen to your mum's 60's music on her mp3player:o

Thank god the power is back on. It was so dark:awww: and boring as hell:lol::(

lisaplenske
11-22-2008, 12:20 PM
we still have no news about richard exams in his elbow...

well like we say "no news, good news"

reggie1
11-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello girls! poor you Tess, power custs are hell. We had one about 2 months ago at 6 o'clock in the morning. Apparently, the electricity board were inundated with calls from women complaining that they couldn't use their hair straighteners. That was one of my first thoughts, I must admit!
Let's hope it's good news about the elbow, Amira.xx

tennis lover
11-22-2008, 12:59 PM
:(:( We had a blackout for over 12 hours. Do you guys seriously know how BORING that is:( And cold. You can't do ANYTHING! Except sleep and listen to your mum's 60's music on her mp3player:o

Thank god the power is back on. It was so dark:awww: and boring as hell:lol::(
:hug: You poor thing! :awww:

Hopefully we'll hear about Richard's elbow soon but I think if there was a problem and he was pulling out we would have heard by now. *crosses fingers*

Brownie
11-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Yes, hopefully his elbow tests will give good news!!

Awwww, poor Tess:awww::hug: When I was 11 we had the worst ice storm ever, and a lot trees fell down because the ice was so heavy, knocking out the power. The power at my house was out for 3 days (in January, brrrrr), and some places in Maine the power was out well over a week!

I'm so excited, we got our first real snow of the season today:woohoo:

tufani
11-22-2008, 03:30 PM
We expect a win ;) :wavey: from me. I take it your name is.... Olga? :lol:
I'd like to be that optimistic ;) Yes, I'm Olga. :wavey:

Hi Tufani:wavey: I like your choice in favorite players:yeah:

Yeah, I've noticed, that we have some mutual favs ;):wavey:

I'm afraid, Richard may be overcautious with his elbow for a while. :unsure:

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Well, a hairstraightener certainly is more important than being cold:lol:

3 days in january. I don't even want to think about that:eek: It must have been sooo cold.

Hi Olga :wavey:

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Danielle, I forgot to ask:o Was David at the bridalshower?

lisaplenske
11-23-2008, 10:27 AM
hello!:wavey:

tess you're still cold right now??come on for a big hug on this sunday:hug::)

yesterday I voted for my favourite players.I hope richard will get a good ranking:)

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Yes I am still cold:lol: Thank you for the hug:D I feel much warmer now:cool:

How was your weekend?

lisaplenske
11-23-2008, 11:27 AM
tell me if you need another one;):D

well about my week end, I had some well deserving rest,Im in morrocco right now and the sun gone!:sad:I wanted to go to visit some place there but right now Im just too good in my appartment. The sun give me so much motivation and when there is not I feel so lazy:lol:
I went to a Ryad yesterday, its a old morrocan house built during the gold ages of sultana, its very beautiful and full of history.Kind of magic.I gone to a restaurant and eat very good food.

and you?good week end?

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 12:15 PM
That sounds so much fun! I wish I were in Morocco right now. It just started snowing here. I'm more of a summer's girl:lol:

I'm a little confused now. Do you live in France of in Morocco? :scratch:

My weekend was nice! Fridaynight I hung out with my friends. Saturday I went shopping in The Hague (city near mine) and today is all about cleaning my room and homework:lol:

lisaplenske
11-23-2008, 12:47 PM
I live in France the most part of the year but I took holidays and like to spend them an relax in my other country morrocco;)

I never been in holland but my brother who went told me it was so cool with some original café with people who can lye on the floor like you know during "the babacool period" in the 70s

It was in Amsterdam.

reggie1
11-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Good afternoon girls. The weather forecasters here are predicting snow. We never have snow normally at this time of year. Definitely some freaky stuff going on with the weather. I have some very confused plants in my garden, roses that only flower in may and June are now flowering in November! I hate winter, I'm more of a summer girl like you Tess. Still christmas is coming. I can feel a good half a stone in weight coming on just thinking about it. How do you girls all celebrate Christmas and what sort of food do you eat? I very sensibly eat my entire body weight in chocolate so that I'm festively plump for the season. Yum Yum.

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
It's actually been snowing here for the last few hours. It's insane! We rarely have snow. It's fun. When you're sitting inside and see people ride their bisicles outside :angel:

Yeah Amsterdam is crazy haha. It's still like that:) I love coming there!

V, how's your weekend been?

lisaplenske
11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
as for me, I used to be a winter girl, I like this period of the year and the atmosphere of christmas even if I dont celebrate it ,its special atmosphere.But now with the years I turned really into a summer girl like you.Im just questionning myself if I could have a job in morrocco and stay there instead of the crappy weather we have all over the year in paris.:retard:

Tess Gray
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
i love christmas. I'm not religious, so in that wasy xmas means nothing to me. But just the tree, the light and people being nice to eachother for a change:lol: I love the atmosphere.

But here in holland we also have a tradition which is called 'Sinterklaas' and that's goign on right now up till 5 december. I also love that. People are much more united it seems.

RFK
11-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone.
We had the tiniest amount of snow earlier! I still got quite excited. :lol:
I'm definately a winter girl! I love Christmas and snow etc.
I think living in rainy England I've got used to the cold and I don't notice it so much anymore!
I do like the summer though, I'm just not good when it's really hot.

reggie1
11-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Tess, my weekend was lovely thank you, pretty quiet, I watched davis cup yesterday which I enjoyed. I'm not normally a big doubles fan but the match yesterday was really good, felt sorry for Nalbandian's partner though, think his name was Callieri, Nalbandian wasn't very nice to him, even the commentators mentioned it.
Weather here has been dull and rainy all day, you kind of just get use to the "Grey" don't you Katie after a while. We don't even seem to have really good summers anymore.
I like christmas, I'm not religious at all but I love christmas food and christmas telly! I love easter even more what with all the chocolate. I am a chocoholic and need to go to chocolate rehab! Still, I can think of worse things to be addicted to. If Amy Winehouse was addicted to chocolate, she wouldn't be in the state she is currently in and she might finish her second album. My daughters love her because they love her voice and music but she's hardly a great role model. It's a shame because in some ways she is, she's not your stereo typical blonde, pretty popstar and is someone who has made it due to talent but in otherways, oh, my god, her choice in men and not to mention the drugs, eating disorder and tatoos!!!
I'm a real ray of sunshine today!

lisaplenske
11-23-2008, 05:58 PM
I agree with you vicky about nalbandian attitude,he's nasty and quite despiseful sometimes.I already noticed his attitude earlier but that's true that davis cup is not an individual competition,its about being a team with solidarity.
Even today when acasuso was playing nalbandian was doing too much, like "come on ass***!":(I also noticed he has some glances to verdasco, worthy of a bandit:spit:
felt sorry for acasuso cause he was so sad at the end :sad:, verdasco came to salute him and others argentins player except nalbandian who already left the court:rolleyes:

And puschkin said that the french audience is the worst but after that match I could say that argentinians are worse than us:p
the chair umpire must have repeated 100 times "silencio por favor" after both first serve.

reggie1
11-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Yes, I noticed that yesterday that the umpire had to keep asking for silence. I've always quite liked Nalbandian in the past as he doesn't play the media game and doesn't care what people think of him but he wasn't nice yesterday. And to leave the court before it's fully over is not really on either.
I just noticed Gulbis in your signature, Amira, another one of my favourite players.

reggie1
11-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Can somebody tell me please how to vote for my favourite player and the poll with BGT. (the arse clown one). I've been wading though the forum but can't find them? Lauren, where are you Mum?

~*BGT*~
11-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Can somebody tell me please how to vote for my favourite player and the poll with BGT. (the arse clown one). I've been wading though the forum but can't find them? Lauren, where are you Mum?

:lol: I got killed 6-2 6-0 6-0 in the second round by RagingLamb. :o

reggie1
11-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Oh dear, well we all know Richie21 will win. All that hate and venom has to achieve something!

Brownie
11-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Here I am:lol:

If you want to vote for ACC, it will be in here (http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)

If you want to vote for your favorite players (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117042) and least favorite players (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=117041)

Oh, I just love winter/Christmastime! My sister is coming home for Thanksgiving vacation, and we get to decorate the house for Christmas next weekend:) And Vicky, chocolate is definitely one of my favorite things:lol:

Tess, you'll appreciate this...I went to my college for a Broadway Musical Review put on by some students, and for the last song they sang "You're the One I Want" from Grease! I was soooo excited:yippee:

tennis lover
11-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I love Christmas! it's just a great excuse to spend time with your family and friends and everyone is always happy. :dance: I can't wait to start my advent calendar on 1st December! :yippee: I am the biggest kid when Christmas comes around and I play Christmas music non-stop, people must hate me! :lol:

Lauren, you're decorating next week? that's early! I'm also pretty strict when it comes to Christmas, I'm like the Christmas police and like to keep everything in December, people get annoyed when it drags on too long and that spoils it in my opinion. :awww: So decorations are always the weekend before my birthday, no Christmas music before decemeber etc. :lol: I need to get out more! :o

Brownie
11-23-2008, 07:59 PM
It's tradition for my sister and I to decorate the house together, so lately we've been doing it the weekend after Thanksgiving since the next time we'll be at home together will be only a few days before Christmas (which isn't enough time to enjoy the decorations). Next Sunday is only a day before December anyway:) I do try to wait longer to listen to Christmas music (I can't believe it's on the radio already!). I can't wait to start making Christmas cookies either!! And I almost forgot that I need to get an advent calendar:eek:...thanks for mentioning it! Your birthday must be coming right up, huh? What day is it?:)

Puschkin
11-24-2008, 05:57 AM
And puschkin said that the french audience is the worst but after that match I could say that argentinians are worse than us :p

This was a DC final. They get ugly in most cases. My criticism about the French crowds is different and we have discussed this at length. I don't want to start again. :wavey:

:lol: I got killed 6-2 6-0 6-0 in the second round by RagingLamb. :o
You should take it as a compliment. This contest is never won by nice posters. ;)

reggie1
11-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Thank you so much Lauren, big kisses.:hug: I've done it now. Richie looks like he's doing quite well. Almira, our top 4 are the same, slightly different order though but it's the top one that counts!

tennis lover
11-24-2008, 04:13 PM
It's tradition for my sister and I to decorate the house together, so lately we've been doing it the weekend after Thanksgiving since the next time we'll be at home together will be only a few days before Christmas (which isn't enough time to enjoy the decorations). Next Sunday is only a day before December anyway:) I do try to wait longer to listen to Christmas music (I can't believe it's on the radio already!). I can't wait to start making Christmas cookies either!! And I almost forgot that I need to get an advent calendar:eek:...thanks for mentioning it! Your birthday must be coming right up, huh? What day is it?:)
aww, that's cool, one of the best things about this time of year is all the little family traditions! and you're right, next sunday is the 30th November, I can't believe it! :lol: I didn't realise that when I made that post, it's much more acceptable now! ;) My family always put them up quite late in comparison to most people so it always seems early to me. (although the less time we have our decorations up the up the better this year since we have a puppy who will probably want to play with the tree :sobbing: and unlike my little kitty-cats who just hide in the middle of it she will just make it fall on top of her! :lol: )

my birthday is a few weeks away yet, it's on the 19th. :dance:

reggie1
11-24-2008, 07:31 PM
How old will you be Jo, if you don't mind me asking? A christmas baby, you must have been a lovely present for your Mum. :angel: You have to wait all year though for your presents but at least you get double in the same month.:yippee:

Tess Gray
11-24-2008, 08:01 PM
My mum was on Intensive Care on 25th of December when she was pregnant with me.:angel: That's not a very nice christmas present I guess :awww:

Brownie
11-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I bet Jo is...21 (see under her avvy;))

Oooo, ICU on Christmas, I bet that wasn't too fun:awww:

reggie1
11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks mum, our relationship is heading for me being far too dependent on you Lauren,:haha: you're even helping me read now!
Blimey Tess, that must have been awful for your Mum. Did she have a really difficult time then when she was pregnant with you?
Some women sail through childbirth. Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them, not with either of my 2 children. :sad:
Sorry Jo, realise that you will be 21/22. Mum (Lauren) has to help her baby out every now and again.

Tess Gray
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Well my brother was fine, me on the other hand:lol:

If my mum decided to go to the hospital one day later I probably would have been dead:awww: But thanks god she didn't. She was on IC for about a week I believe.
But I never fully recovered, I didn't grow from that point on and when I was 7 months they decided it would be too dangerous for either my mum or me to keep me in there, and decided i had to be born:) So I was born 2 months too early. I really was the cutest little thing:lol: I was in a (in holland we call it a couveuse?) glass, box thing in the hospital for 6 weeks before I finally went home:awww:

Tess Gray
11-24-2008, 08:56 PM
btw: a young Richie :lol: What a cutie! You can already see that awesome backhand :)

http://www.kewego.fr/video/iLyROoaft3rV.html

tennis lover
11-24-2008, 09:19 PM
A christmas baby, you must have been a lovely present for your Mum. :angel: You have to wait all year though for your presents but at least you get double in the same month.:yippee:
I think that's why I get so excited at Christmas, I have all my celebrations in a week! :lol: and yes, I like to think I was the best present ever. :angel: I'm sure the midwife/nurse/whoever it was that had to come to check on me at home on Christmas day didn't think so though, and my brothers probably hated me for taking the focus off Christmas! :lol:
I bet Jo is...21 (see under her avvy;))
bingo! I'm not looking forward to my next birthday though, it's all downhill from here! :lol:
Sorry Jo, realise that you will be 21/22. Mum (Lauren) has to help her baby out every now and again.
I am indeed. No problem though, not everyone has their age there (I might remove mine actually) so I don't bother looking half of the time anyway!
If my mum decided to go to the hospital one day later I probably would have been dead:awww: But thanks god she didn't. She was on IC for about a week I believe.
But I never fully recovered, I didn't grow from that point on and when I was 7 months they decided it would be too dangerous for either my mum or me to keep me in there, and decided i had to be born:) So I was born 2 months too early. I really was the cutest little thing:lol: I was in a (in holland we call it a couveuse?) glass, box thing in the hospital for 6 weeks before I finally went home:awww:
wow. :awww: you were a lucky little thing indeed. :) You must have been so tiny! :baby: and we call the glass box thing an incubator. :p

lisaplenske
11-24-2008, 09:48 PM
omg tess I also was born more than one month earlier, in french we call it "enfant prématurée" and they also put me in an incubator("couveuse")
come here incubator sister!:smooch::drool:

are you lefty too?

EternalxJourney
11-25-2008, 02:15 AM
btw: a young Richie :lol: What a cutie! You can already see that awesome backhand :)

http://www.kewego.fr/video/iLyROoaft3rV.html

You can really see the conviction with which Richie hits his shots. He really is a prodigy, considering how good he was at such a young age. Can't wait till he climbs back up to the top in 2009.

Puschkin
11-25-2008, 06:05 AM
You can really see the conviction with which Richie hits his shots. He really is a prodigy, considering how good he was at such a young age.

When I see this, I perfectly understand why there were and still are so many expectations around Richard and I ask myself what went wrong during the last years which prevented him from climbing even higher. Such a talent. At the same time, I feel encouraged. Sooner or later it just must bring its fruits.

reggie1
11-25-2008, 08:50 AM
:lol:Jo, you must have been one very hyper active little girl during the month of December. Two of my friends children are December bithdays and they get so much in the way of presents and treats that they get a bit overwhelmed.
Tess, you must have been like a little dolly, we call it premature or early baby. Premature baby clothes are just the cutest things, they look like they would fit a Baby Annabel doll.
Wasn't Richie cute? :D He's not a lot different really, same softly spoken voice, complete fidget, not smiling much (when being questioned) and not very forthcoming in his interviews.
Does anyone know how old Richard's parents are? I was just curious as facially they don't look that old but they both seemed to have gone grey very early on. Francis looks quite young in that video but his hair is totally grey. Maybe richie won't go bald at an early age Tess, just grey!

Venle
11-25-2008, 11:21 AM

reggie1
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Hello Venle,:wavey: I've not spoken to you before. Have you voted yet for your favourite and most disliked player? I've not done the most disliked yet, still pondering.

tennis lover
11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
:lol:Jo, you must have been one very hyper active little girl during the month of December. Two of my friends children are December bithdays and they get so much in the way of presents and treats that they get a bit overwhelmed.
I still am! :tape: :lol:

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Yeah my mum had to make clothes for me when I was born because even the smallest premature sizes were too big for me:lol:

No Amira, I'm not a lefty :p

Pushkin, that's the same way I see it. So much talent, it must be coming out some time soon:lol: Hopefully 2009! What's your name BTW:angel:?

reggie1
11-25-2008, 06:16 PM
I tried to respond to Pushkins comment about his talent coming to fruition, but got a bit flash and tried to Multi-quote (Bearing in mind I haven't even used single quote yet!) and it disappeared. That'll teach me. :lol:
I think he will have a much better season next year. HE HAS TO! :fiery: It's really boring without any tennis. :bigcry:

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 06:24 PM
:rolls: Poor vicky. I'll try to explain to you... And I'll speak very slowly.
Quote:
Click on the button 'quote'. The page will reload and you'll see a new screen with the message you wanted to quote and you''ll put your message below the quote. Voila :lol: That was easy right?!

Multi-quote
Let's say you want to quote Pushkin's message and Amira's message:) You push the button 'multi-quote' under Pushkin's message and than you push the button 'quote' under Amira's message. And the same thing happens, a new page appears and you can write you message below theirs:D

Hope that helps... It's really not that hard :lol: :hug:

reggie1
11-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Yeah, in English, Tess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry V, that was the best I could do.
:awww: you are so hopeless.

Brownie
11-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Awwwwwww:awww: I was looking forward to an amazing multi-quote post!

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Lauren, you don't think my explination was too... difficult:awww:?
I tried to use as little syllables as possible.

reggie1
11-25-2008, 07:47 PM
You cheeky Madam! :lol:I'm not too far away to come and give you a good old fashioned English clip round the ear my girl! :rolls:
Anyway, I don't want to repeat what anyone else says, I will make my own magic thank you! :nerner:
I'll have another go tomorrow after a good night's sleep! :o

reggie1
11-25-2008, 07:49 PM
See, I can use smileys beautifully. I think I should get "the best use of smileys" award on MTF actually! So there!

reggie1
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Lauren, you may be waiting some time. :o

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry Mrs :awww:

Yeah I see you got the smiley's part down now:rolls: In the beginning you didn't use any!

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 07:55 PM

But when that day comes... it will be a blessed day.

reggie1
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, I'm self taught you know. I may open a little school for people who want to post on MTF but don't know how to use Smileys!

Tess Gray
11-25-2008, 08:00 PM
:rolls:

So do I get to open a school for people who know how to use smiley's but don't know how to quote? But I failed miserably giving my first lesson just now :awww:

Brownie
11-25-2008, 11:26 PM
I am waiting patiently...you can do it V!!:banana:

gasguet#1
11-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh dear, well we all know Richie21 will win. All that hate and venom has to achieve something!

Haven't jumped onto the MTF Richie page for a few weeks....
Am having serious Richie withdrawals here:crying2:....... Can't wait till Richie hits Brisbane to silence a few Richie Knockers.... or here's hoping 2009 will be a great year for Richie...:woohoo:
I have a good feeling.... but I always do with Richie... wouldn't want him any other way... that's what makes following Richie so more interesting then most!

With all the negative comments by Richie21 on the forum...... Wonder if he is happy now that Giles & Jo are the top two French players?:unsure:.... least he won't be able to bag the crap out of Richie with it looking like Richie won't be part of the big plans for France in 2009.... but with some people there is never no pleasing them.....:mad::confused:

Hope he releases all that built up frustration & gets the bagging Richie out of his system for once & for all......

reggie1
11-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Anyway Miss Gray, I created my signature all by myself and you didn't compliment me on that. (Colours were a bit difficult but it looks more dramatic in black anyhow).
It came to me last night in bed(no, not my husband!) I am going to promote the use of smileys across the world and even retell great novels and poems using only the medium of smileys, they are very underrated in my opinion. :):devil::worship::(:o:D;):p:eek::mad::rolleyes::: confused::wavey::angel::sad:
I'll shall have a look at your video later and give you my appraisal, did I not mention that I am not really a 30 something mother of two from England. I am actually Simon Cowell!! :devil:

lisaplenske
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Haven't jumped onto the MTF Richie page for a few weeks....
Am having serious Richie withdrawals here:crying2:....... Can't wait till Richie hits Brisbane to silence a few Richie Knockers.... or here's hoping 2009 will be a great year for Richie...:woohoo:
I have a good feeling.... but I always do with Richie... wouldn't want him any other way... that's what makes following Richie so more interesting then most!

With all the negative comments by Richie21 on the forum...... Wonder if he is happy now that Giles & Jo are the top two French players?:unsure:.... least he won't be able to bag the crap out of Richie with it looking like Richie won't be part of the big plans for France in 2009.... but with some people there is never no pleasing them.....:mad::confused:

Hope he releases all that built up frustration & gets the bagging Richie out of his system for once & for all......

Hey:wavey:

you'll go to brisbane to see him next year?

as for richard and how he's seen right now in France I find it very good for him cause now he's not "the one" who has to fullfil all the country hopes.There are jo,gilles and gael now who are in the same age as him.PHM is also in the shadow of those, dont expect much from him.That's good also cause both richard and paulo will have extra motivation for 2009.
Having other french players at the top is the best thing that could happen to richard imo.
Now he'll be convinced that he also can do as well, win big tournaments and especially beat top players such as federer,nadal or djokovic.
He can do it and that's why he will follow a 7 weeks of intensive training program.Hopefully it will goes good.;)
to work hard to get better for 2009.

Oksan4ik
11-26-2008, 03:20 PM
hey people :wavey:

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
KSU :hug: :banana: How have you been? Is school still as busy?:(

Brennie:D nice of you to stop by:wavey: That vid you sent me was just... :awww: Breathtaking :rolls: :drool:

V, I'm sorry I didn't pay any attention to your absolutely fantastic sig. I deeply regret it now. It's a true piece of art :awww: The black letters just cut into you soul. It made me slightly emotion even. :awww:

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 06:28 PM
By the way, you mentioned Simon Cowell, it makes me think of Gordon Ramsay:lol: Dunno why :scratch:. But the bastard has been caught redhanded with his mistress :lol: and it's said that his wife has been giving him HELL after that. You go girl!:devil: :fiery:

Schu
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING (tomorrow)!

I'm at work and it is SOOOOO slow, as before most holidays, many take the day before the holiday off but I didn't have anything special to do so figured I'd save my vacation time for when I really wanted to do something. Actually it's pretty fun on quiet days like this.

I assume other countries have a holiday similar to Thanksgiving, if so, what is it called and when do you celebrate it?

I like Thanksgiving cuz it is just about eating and watching football (american football) on T.V. no pressure with all the presents and stuff. Speaking of eating this is the first time in several years that I will not have to cook the whole feast for a least some of my family - YEAH! YEAH!! My brother in-law who lives on the opposite side of the U.S. and is always working on the holidays is coming in town and going to take the ENTIRE family - all the brothers, nieces, nephews, grandma, aunts, uncles, etc. to a VERY NICE restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner. The only bad part about that is no turkey leftovers :sad: NOthing beats a leftover turkey sandwich with all the dressing - YUMM YUMM

Have a happy holiday for those in the U.S. and Happy Thursday for everyone else :wavey:

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:04 PM
:hug: enjoy your holiday tomorrow! And all the other americans around!

Brownie
11-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks Tess! Happy Thanksgiving to you too Schu!:) I'm sooo excited for all the yummy food tomorrow:drool:

My sister came home yesterday:yippee: and we just went to try to play tennis since it's semi-warm out. But they took down the nets and padlocked the doors:awww: I guess that's it for tennis until April or May:ras:

reggie1
11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Yes, Tess Gray, most upset and put out that you didn't notice my sig, still true artists never get the recognition they deserve. I will have to wait until I'm dead for that no doubt! If anyone reads our thread half way through, they will think men in white coats should take us away. It's like a scene from One Flew Over The cuckoos nest (ask your Mum!)
Lauren has very kindly given me some technical advice so I'm not coming to your multi quote school, not impressed with the staff there!
Have a lovely thanks giving Schu, we celebrate christmas on 25th december and then we have boxing day on 26th december. Nobody knows why it's called boxing day. It should be "recover from too much pigging out and boozing day".
What's your real name by the way if you don't mind me asking? I've seen your posts before and always think they are very intelligent, I'd like to say like my own but that wouldn't be true. And you can be quiet Miss Gray!
Hi Oks, long time no hear. Are you O.k? Tess has become very rude lately. (love you really Tess) .

reggie1
11-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Thank you so much Lauren for your help. (Hope you are reading this Miss Gray). I will have another go tomorrow. happy thanks giving xx

Brownie
11-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Did that help at all Vicky?

Boxing day...I thought that was just Canadian. They must have gotten it from you:)

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:27 PM
:sobbing:

Brownie
11-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Awwwww you two need to hug:hug:

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:29 PM
We have a thing called Sinterklaas on the 5th of december. And we eat these yummy things:

http://www.pepernotenconcert.nl/images/kruidnoten.jpg :drool:

reggie1
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Yes I personally gave it to them. Tess has no idea how important the person she is being rude to actually is!
Lauren, your instructions were so much nicer than Tess's. Still she's made up for it a tiny bit by giving my signature the recognition it deserves. ;)

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Vicky started it... I was just trying to be nice and explain multi-quoting :sobbing:

Brownie
11-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Yummmmm, cookies. What flavor are they?

Haha, I meant you plural;) (aka, the UK)

Did you try the instructions to see if they worked?

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Not sure what the right word was for the cookies. so:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speculaas

:D

reggie1
11-26-2008, 08:40 PM
No, I knew you meant the U.K (just me being silly!) I've P.m'd you. And you Tess. xx

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 08:45 PM
;) I still love you too :awww:

I'm a teenager. My hormones are raging. I cannot control my meanness sometimes:awww:

:lol::hug:

Brownie
11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Sounds yummy Tess:)

Hehe, I knew you were being silly V:)

Ok, off to spend some quality time with the sister (aka, play guitar hero:lol:) Have a nice night girls:hug:

Tess Gray
11-26-2008, 09:02 PM
Have fun playing GH :rolls: I have never played it before... shame on me :lol:
:hug: nighty night!

tennis lover
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Schu- no Thanksgiving over here, I think that's just an american thing. ;)

Happy thanksgiving to all of the americans though, I hope you have a lovely time stuffing yourselves with turkey! :D

Schu
11-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Schu- no Thanksgiving over here, I think that's just an american thing. ;)

Happy thanksgiving to all of the americans though, I hope you have a lovely time stuffing yourselves with turkey! :D

Yep - you know us Americans, we'll think up any excuse to have a holiday and stuff ourselves.

Finally time for me to leave work and enjoy 4 DAYS OFF - YEAH!!! Since absouletely NO ONE would come back to work for one day on a Friday, we just get that day off as part of Thanksgiving too.

tennis lover
11-26-2008, 10:40 PM
well enjoy your long weekend as well. :) I am extremely jealous because I have a ton of work to do over the next few days and I don't want to do it. :sobbing:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 09:04 AM
well enjoy your long weekend as well. :) I am extremely jealous because I have a ton of work to do over the next few days and I don't want to do it. :sobbing:

Yes, me too, lots of college work to do, yet I'm spending time on men's tennis forum learning how to quote. Still I know what's more interesting. :zzz: And it's not college work!

reggie1
11-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Oh, would you look at me! I am so proud of myself right now, if you could die from showing off, call the undertakers. :devil:

I've done it! :angel:

See, I can use smileys beautifully. I think I should get "the best use of smileys" award on MTF actually! So there!
Don't you think I multi-quote beautifully?!

Getta
11-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Don't you think I multi-quote beautifully?!

Terrific job. :yeah:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 09:36 AM
And I've got an Avatar too, nobody told me I'd even been spelling it wrong! I didn't even know what one was until I joined MTF. I feel ashamed. And Miss Grey, the reason I couldn't quote/multi quote was because I was using the "go advanced" button to try to quote. Lauren, I'd like colours in my signature next please? Still at least you all get to have a good laugh at the old girl's expense!

Getta
11-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Still at least you all get to have a good laugh at the old girl's expense!

You certainly don't make me laugh. ;)

reggie1
11-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Oh, look colours in my signature too, I am cooking on gas!!!!!!!!!!! I decided to just give Richie a colour as he is my favourite. Honestly, Tess, what a surprise you will have when you come home from school and see what I've created. And what a surprise my husband will have when he comes home from work to unmade beds, unwashed plates and cups and no dinner because I've been on here all day. Over and out!

tennis lover
11-27-2008, 11:08 AM
wow Vicky, congratulations, you have been working hard since I was last here! ;) good job. :D

lisaplenske
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone:wavey:

congrats vicky for your new avatar and sig but just one thing , gonzalez with a z ;)

me too I'm learning how to be administrator of a player website.Thats interresting.:wavey:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks Jo and Amira, yes I'm all pleased with myself this afternoon! I wasn't sure whether it was a "z" or an "s". I'll change it. Thank you.

Brownie
11-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Vicky, you did it!!!:bigclap::banana::rocker2::hug:

And colors too!:D

Oksan4ik
11-27-2008, 02:35 PM

sorry, Tess, i decided to go to bed earlier yesterday..:awww:
how are u? anything new? it's snowing here :woohoo:

nice sig, Vicky :hug: :kiss:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Vicky, you did it!!!:bigclap::banana::rocker2::hug:

And colors too!:D
All down to you Lauren. :angel:

Tess Gray
11-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Honestly, Tess, what a surprise you will have when you come home from school and see what I've created.

Vicky. I'm amazed. No seriously. This is a huge achievement! You'll be the next GOAT sig maker:D Don't forget us when you are rich and famous:awww:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes and don't forget all the Chekov and Tolstoy I'm retelling through the medium of smileys. This time next year, I'll be a millionairess!

Tess Gray
11-27-2008, 03:24 PM
That's okay ksu:lol:

Same old same old over here:lol: It was snowing here yesterday, but today it's turned into rain./ Unfortunately. Still not liking your hair?:lol: :hug:

~*BGT*~
11-27-2008, 04:09 PM
I once told an entire story through smilies in my sig of what my perfect night with my favorite boys would be. :lol: I think I'll try to remember how it goes. :angel:

~*BGT*~
11-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Just read it

:) :wavey: :hearts: :lol: :drink: :inlove: :kiss: :drool: :lick: :smooch: :aparty: :devil: :banana: :rocker2: :yawn: :zzz: :yawn: :hug: :bigwave: :wavey:

Oksan4ik
11-27-2008, 04:52 PM
That's okay ksu:lol:

Same old same old over here:lol: It was snowing here yesterday, but today it's turned into rain./ Unfortunately. Still not liking your hair?:lol: :hug:

still no :rolls:
but i'm trying not to think about it, tho it's very difficult :angel: :rolleyes:

damn... i'm gonna kill my comp soon...it's been working sooooooooo slow recently :o :mad:

how' ur day? :p i didn't go to school today :angel: so cool, was sleeping for several hours :angel:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 05:03 PM
That's hilarious Danielle. Is the dancing banana meant to symbolise the best part of the night, ahem? :o;) and that a good time was had by all?

reggie1
11-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Oks, I'm trying to grow my hair, it's a killer. When I straighten it, I pull it down so hard and yell "Grow" at it!! The other day I had one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong and I got a bit weepy as us girls do (it doesn't stop with the hormones even once you're out of your teens, Tess) and I thought, "What a crap day and I don't even like my hair!" Very shallow really.

Oksan4ik
11-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Oks, I'm trying to grow my hair, it's a killer. When I straighten it, I pull it down so hard and yell "Grow" at it!! The other day I had one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong and I got a bit weepy as us girls do (it doesn't stop with the hormones even once you're out of your teens, Tess) and I thought, "What a crap day and I don't even like my hair!" Very shallow really.

i wanna have a straighten hair :awww: if i don't do smth with it after the washing it looks furry :o and without any form :o

Tess Gray
11-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Danielle.... :rolls::rolls:

My day was fine, nothing special really! Why'd you stay home? Because of the snow?

Tess Gray
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
it doesn't stop with the hormones even once you're out of your teens, Tess)

Don't depress me :o It's not as bad as it is right now, right? I can have these horrible moods where only 1 bad thing has to happen and I'm all tearing up:lol:

I guess we all want what we dont have. Curls or Straight. Blond or Brown. Short or Long:lol:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
The hormones continue and unfortunately, so do the spots! it's tough being female. Just take consolation from the fact that we are so much cleverer than men! I learnt last night at college that men only have a certain amount of words in their vocabluary, approx 3000 a day whereas ours is around 5000. It really made me laugh as I just had visons of men all over the world suddenly becoming mute mid sentence because their words had run out and it was a case of "No, you'll have to finish what you were saying tomorrow when you get your new set of words!".
As to hair woes, Oks, at least hair straighteners have been invented, they weren't when I was a teenager and the scare cuts and hair horrors I had to endure in my younger years, OH MY GOD! It brings tears to my eyes whenever I look back at old photos. I often think when I straighten my hair, I wish they'd been about when I was in my younger prime, I'm in my middle prime now!

Oksan4ik
11-27-2008, 07:37 PM
My day was fine, nothing special really! Why'd you stay home? Because of the snow?

nope, i just had to go to polyclinic to get some results of medical examination :p and then i went back home and decided to sleep :angel:

Oksan4ik
11-27-2008, 07:39 PM
As to hair woes, Oks, at least hair straighteners have been invented, they weren't when I was a teenager and the scare cuts and hair horrors I had to endure in my younger years, OH MY GOD! It brings tears to my eyes whenever I look back at old photos. I often think when I straighten my hair, I wish they'd been about when I was in my younger prime, I'm in my middle prime now!

yes, unfortunately, they have been invented only recently...as many other things too..poor you :hug: :hug: :hug:
i'm fighting with my hair every morning :o
i know that it's not very good for hair to straighten it..:scratch:

RFK
11-27-2008, 07:47 PM
Straightened my hair today - and it rained. That always seems to happen!
Mine used to be curly, but then i straightened it too much and now its just weird.
Hope everyone's had a good week. :)

Tess Gray
11-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Katie :wavey: My week was fine! How was yours?:D

I have the exact same problem with hair. I used to straighten it for such a long time, but I started to notice that my hair was falling out and felt very dry. Well, I didnt just straighten it. I also dyed it every six weeks and put a perm in it:lol: So all in all, my hair wasnt very healthy.
So I decided to let it rest for a while and i have been doing so for almost a year now. And I notice it's starting to be healthy again and to shine again:) So, I straighten it every now and then, but not every day like I used to:lol:

reggie1
11-27-2008, 08:20 PM
I straighten mine everyday otherwise I get helmet hair.:sad: Once the layers are longer hopefully, I'll be able to go for the Jennifer Aniston tousled look! She is my style icon.
Hi Katie. :wavey:

tennis lover
11-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I very rarely straighten my hair, my hair is really long though so it would take too long (plus it's pretty straight anyway) and I only ever do it if some of my layers are flicking out a bit too much. :lol: I think I'm pretty lucky with my hair though. :)

~*BGT*~
11-27-2008, 09:56 PM
I started flat-ironing my hair often about a year ago and after about just 2 months of that, I had to cut off about 4 inches of split ends. :sad: It was the shortest my hair had been since I was a child. You can actually see the differences in the pics I posted.

So in July, I started to really take better care of my hair. Using protein treatments and deep conditioning once a week. But I was still flat-ironing so the length I was growing, I had to trim off due to split ends. So October 1, I decided to not use any heat on my hair. Since then, it's grown about an inch and I have no split ends. :bounce:

Brownie
11-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't forget to vote for Richard:rocker2: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134606

I used to have really really curly hair when I was a kid, but it kinda turned into annoying waves when I was about 4-5. So the last few years until this summer I was straightening (frying) it:p. Then I got my hair cut up to my shoulders and realized I actually still had curly hair if I just put a little product in it and use a diffuser:) So I haven't straightened my hair since this June (takes a lot less time in the morning:)).

Did you have a nice Thanksgiving Danielle? I'm happily stuffed right now:D

gasguet#1
11-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Does anyone of here know of any links for any Richie Avatar's
Went looking in the wallpaper/avatar section
I'm not clever enough too work out how too do it myself!

~*BGT*~
11-28-2008, 03:16 AM
I had plenty of food Lauren. Macaroni and cheese, greens, cornbread dressing and gravy, rolls, and fried turkey. :drool:

Schu
11-28-2008, 03:47 AM
What an exhausting day Thanksgiving is - ate and drank for almost 4 hours then came home took a nap and didn't wake up until 8 pm. Didn't have to cook or clean one dish -damn that was fun, I haven't been such a slug in a long time. And I still have 3 more days off!

Are any of the U.S. gals (or guys) here going to brave the after Thanksgiving sales? DOn't care how much $$$ I'd save - not a chance I'd be there. A few years ago I went to get a laptop at a store that opened at 5 am and the line outside was all around the store - didn't even get out the car and went home tired and empty handed.

~*BGT*~
11-28-2008, 04:57 AM
I'm going!! I work at American Eagle Outfitters. :ras: so I don't have a choice unless I want to keep my job. The good things we're all getting these scratch tickets and we can win prizes.. like a new car!! which I really need.

Brownie
11-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I did not wake up for the sales (never have, probably never will...does not sound like fun). Instead I slept in until 9:00:).

Tess Gray
11-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I'm gladd you all had a good Thanksgiving!

Okay guys I need help. For my french class I have to have a oral presentation of about 5 minutes, I'm just not sure which sucject I should do. It has to have something to do with the French world or French speaking world. Maybe I'll do Roland Garros?:scratch: There's a lot to tell about RG.

RFK
11-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello everyone, sorry I'm a day late to catch up with that!
Hair is very frustrating. Today I didn't bother straightening it and it just looked weird!
I have to do a french oral too, I'm doing french schools etc., but RG seems a lot more interesting!

Brownie
11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Maybe you should just have Richard as your topic:angel:

Tess Gray
11-28-2008, 05:32 PM
:lol: I've already made a rough version of my presentation. But last time I had a presentation they said I used to much 'passe simple', which is right because Wikipedia was my main source:lol:... So I'm going to ask a Frenchie over here if they want to help me with some of the grammar:lol:

When are you having your presentation?

RFK
11-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Couple of weeks I think. Not looking forward to it!
I think Richie would be a excellent topic :lol:

Tess Gray
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Richie would be a fantastic subject. :lol: But maybe a little bit weird, since he's not really a great player atm:p But I'm sure there's a way I can put him into my RG presentation!:angel:

EDIT: WOW, my 1000th post. :banana:

tennis lover
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I did a presentation on RG and french tennis before. Mine lasted 10/15 minutes so you should easily find enough to talk about for 5 minutes! ;)

Brownie
11-29-2008, 01:04 PM
:aparty::rocker2::music::singer::dance: <--party for your 1000 post Tess:lol:

reggie1
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, Tess have Richard as your topic. I had to do the french Resistance movement and I must admit I found it as boring as hell. And it was at a time when "Allo Allo" was on the T.V and the catchphrase of the show was "I will zay zees only weuunce" and it was all I could do to keep a straight face, bearing in mind it was an oral exam!
How is everyone today? Lauren are you O.K or all plum tuckered out from thanksgiving?

reggie1
11-29-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm going to post all of my wisdom in short sharp bursts as I want to get to 300 posts!

Brownie
11-29-2008, 01:48 PM
V, do you want me to throw you a party too?:lol:

I'm pretty good from Thanksgiving, but a bit tired from last night:zzz:...I got together with 2 of my close friends from high school, stayed up far too late and woke up way too early. Fun times though...always good to catch up with friends you don't get to see too much:)

Venle
11-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Richie fans :hug:

Brownie, how was your thanksgiving? :)

lisaplenske
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
hi venle:wavey:

are you coming from Finland?

Brownie
11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi Venle (I'm Lauren, btw).:wavey: My Thanksgiving was great, thanks for asking! My mom cooked a delicious turkey, and some of my relatives came over for dinner:)

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
My friend is also from Finland. His parents are from finland:) he moved to holland when he was 2 I think:)

Venle, is it Venle or Venla?:lol:

Venle
11-30-2008, 11:54 AM
hi venle:wavey:

are you coming from Finland?
Yes :)
Are you French?

Hi Venle (I'm Lauren, btw).:wavey: My Thanksgiving was great, thanks for asking! My mom cooked a delicious turkey, and some of my relatives came over for dinner:)

Hi Lauren, nice to meet you :wavey:
Sounds great! :) I think thanksgiving is an interesting celebration, shame we don't have it here :awww:

My friend is also from Finland. His parents are from finland:) he moved to holland when he was 2 I think:)

Venle, is it Venle or Venla?:lol:
So does he speak Finnish? :)

It's Venla ;)

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 11:58 AM
He doesn't speak it fluently. He knows simple scentences. And the cursewords ofcourse:lol:;)

Venla, that's such a pretty name!

Venle
11-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Cursewords are good to know :lol:

Thank you! :hug:
Are you Tess or Tessa? :)

It's raining. A week ago there was more than 10cm of snow here

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Curse words are the first words you learn in any language I think... besides counting to ten and saying your name:lol:

It's Tessa, but most my friend call me Tess of Tessie so...;) Or just T.:shrug:

It was snowing here as well but a few minutes ago it turned into rain:( well the snow was very light any way. Because I live by the sea I don't get a lot of snow.

lisaplenske
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
hi venla:wavey:

to answer you I'm french with morrocan roots:)

is finland alphabet the same as the french or english one?

reggie1
11-30-2008, 06:21 PM
V, do you want me to throw you a party too?:lol:

Any excuse for a party Lauren! At least with a virtual party, there's no mess to clean up later ;)
Amira, Richie looks :devil: in your avatar, quite scary actually. I like him like that!
Is everyone o.k, had nice weekends? weather has been absolute pants here all weekend, rainy and miserable. :(

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:27 PM
My weekend was nice and relaxing. Decorated most of the house for Christmas:) I really don't want to go back to school/work tomorrow morning but at least there are only 2 more weeks of classes left until another vacation:yeah:

Was your weekend alright Vicky, besides the weather?

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
:wavey: Hi ladies!

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Tess:hug: How are you doing?

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm fine:D Spent the night next to the fireplace... I love the fireplace :inlove::lol:

how r u;)?

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Slept next to the fireplace?:lol:

I'm good. I feel super lazy today though. I should probably do something productive before I go crazy:silly:

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
:rolls: no I didn't sleep next to it. That would be weird:lol: Just sat there watching the tv.

Something productive? Nah, :p it's weekend:D

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Haha, ok, that makes more sense! Yeah, I probably won't end up doing anything:p Do you have a big winter school vacation coming up soon?

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
I meant to say: I spent the evening... does that make more sense?:p

Uhm.. yeah two weeks:) Starting the 20th I think? So... really looking forward to it! Going to Antwerps to do some shopping and probably to Keulen as well:)!

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:48 PM
yeah, that makes more sense;) Sounds like fun! I looked up Keulen on googlemaps...is that Cologne, Germany?

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I was looking for the english version of 'Keulen' and couldn't think of it :lol: Cologne... that doesn't even look like it! But yeah ;) it's that one. They have these huge christmas markets there. And in Antwerps & Amsterdam as well:D

How about you? Got anything planned?

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll spend Christmas with my relatives and visit my boyfriend. I'll probably try to get together with some college friends in Boston or New York City. My vacation is pretty long (like 3 weeks) but I'll have to go to my office to work on research a few times even though I won't have classes.

gasguet#1
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
:hearts:I'd prefer to spend the night next to Richie..... The Fire would be so damn hot & smokin! :devil:

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Haha, that would be nice:angel:

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
yeah I already figured that Bren:rolls: From all out endless convo's. Shouldn't you be working on some vid:p

3 weeks:o wow... nice:lol: is NYC far from you?

tennis lover
11-30-2008, 09:00 PM
it's sooooooooooo cold here. :sobbing: a fireplace would be amazing right now! :)

and it's 10pm on Sunday night and I still have a lot of work to do for the next few days so I'll probably have to work for another hour or so. :( 2 more weeks and then I'll have a break, I can't wait! :D

Brownie
11-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Very far!:p I would drive down to Boston (4 hours) and then take bus from Boston to New York (another 4 hours). How far are the cities you are planning on visiting?

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 09:02 PM
It's 11pm over here. But I can stay up a little later since I have 3rd period tomorrow (:woohoo:) But I still have some work to do, but I dont think I'm gonna make it... Dont want to:lol:

Tess Gray
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
Ooh really? That far? I know NYC is about 5 hours away from here:p with plane ofcourse.

Ehm, Amsterdam is about 40 minutes away, Antwerps 1.5 hours and Keulen maybe 3?

reggie1
11-30-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi Tess, Hi Lauren, my weekend was nice thank you. Had my husband doing lots of little jobs around the house all weekend. It's funny because the main thing I wanted him to do (the towel rail in the downstairs toilet keeps falling off) he still hasn't done. He went to the DIY store (or destroy it yourself as it's known in England) and got all the stuff for the other jobs, but not that one and that just about sums men up really! Still, bless, he tries.
Tess, that was the right picture. I just remember looking at it and thinking how funny it was.
A christmas market sounds lovely, we don't really have too many things like that where I live. I'm starting to feel quite christmasy now actully. I've been playing all the cheesy christmas songs on youtube, can't beat a bit of Slade and Roy wood and Wizard. My favourite though is Wham, Last Christmas. I can remember being eleven and not being able to go to sleep because the following day, "The last christmas" video was going to be shown and I was so excited. I was soooooooooooo in love with Andrew Ridgley (I knew something wasn't quite right with George Michael even at that young age!). Whenever I watch GM in his heyday, the hair always reminds me of Richie when he needs a haircut and makes me laugh!

gasguet#1
11-30-2008, 09:06 PM
:haha:LOL.... Yes Tess.....
How can you manage on Youtube to have Music without the Video.....
We need the Will & Grace clip I sent you Tess......
He's Hot..... Hair Fabulous...... Makeup.... Flawless
Next I'll be known as Will or Jack!:haha: