11-03-2012, 03:33 PM
And if Indians will win Paris Bercy :rolleyes:

Pratik
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
And if Indians will win Paris Bercy :rolleyes:

That will not make a difference

WWW?

Draw not yet made. ATP tweets:
"The #FinalShowdown doubles draw will be made later on Saturday after results at the @bnppmasters. #atp #tennis"
Don't see the point of this. :confused:

Since Q/R won their SF, they will be ahead of the Indians irrespective of the outcome of the second SF.
Anyone knows the time of the draw?

nole_no1
11-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Marray/Nielsen will be walking bye. Hopefully Lindtstedt/Tecau will go far here in their last tournament together but i kind of doubt. They are not in the best shape, retired in Paris in their 1st match against Cilic/Mello

kaustav4
11-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Bhupathi-Bopanna is in good form...

kaustav4
11-04-2012, 01:49 AM
That will not make a difference

Are you taliking about WTF seedings...I was talking about doubles race..I believe with only 60 points difference if Indinas beat Q/R in the Paris Bercy final they will move ahead in the ranking...Whats say ? :)

Pratik
11-04-2012, 03:49 AM
Are you taliking about WTF seedings...I was talking about doubles race..I believe with only 60 points difference if Indinas beat Q/R in the Paris Bercy final they will move ahead in the ranking...Whats say ? :)

True. But, I meant it would not make a difference for the seedings and thus the draw for London, as they had said that the draw will be made later on Saturday. But, now they say :

The doubles draw will be made on Sunday, 4 November, after the BNP Paribas Masters champion has been crowned in Paris.

Also, the winner today will become #5.
So, there is a possibility of a very unbalanced draw. One of the top two teams with Lind/Tec(not too strong because of injury), Granny/Lopez(indooors) and Marray/Nielsen could form a group. That would be more lopsided than the singles draw.

mreccentric
11-04-2012, 04:24 AM
Merge ATP World Tour Finals Doubles (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209634) into this thread.

I hope we'll see a new team/players winning this time.

Pratik
11-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Merge ATP World Tour Finals Doubles (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=209634) into this thread.

I hope we'll see a new team/players winning this time.

I started a new one for the poll.

Paes to finally win WTF :rocker2:

kaustav4
11-04-2012, 06:37 AM
I am huge fan of Leander..but I will go for the Indians( Bops-Bhupathi)..tonight as well as at London..In fact either Paes or Bhupathi can win it with the recent forms Indians are showing...:worship:

mreccentric
11-04-2012, 07:42 AM
I am huge fan of Leander..but I will go for the Indians( Bops-Bhupathi)..tonight as well as at London..In fact either Paes or Bhupathi can win it with the recent forms Indians are showing...:worship:

Anyone, Paes, Bhupathi or Bopanna. None of them have won. I Hope they wont fall under the same group in the robin rounds.

Pratik
11-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Draw out. OP updated

Julián Santiago
11-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Marray/Nielsen will be walking bye.

:rolleyes:

Pratik
11-06-2012, 01:00 PM
:rolleyes:

And you expected this result? :rolleyes:

Julián Santiago
11-06-2012, 01:02 PM
And you expected this result? :rolleyes:

:lol:No, really no. But they are a very clutch team, they are the udnerdogs, really. It`s expected that they have a 0-3 group result. But they are very clutch, that`s why i wouldn`t call them a walking bye

Lopez
11-06-2012, 02:07 PM
How are the qualifiers into the semis decided? Since the final "set" really isn't a proper set... and tough to calculate game differences from a match-tiebreak! Does anyone know (most probably does, this is MTF after all)

Pratik
11-06-2012, 02:16 PM
How are the qualifiers into the semis decided? Since the final "set" really isn't a proper set... and tough to calculate game differences from a match-tiebreak! Does anyone know (most probably does, this is MTF after all)

Qualifying for the semi is exactly the same way as singles.

While counting sets, the Match Tie Break counts as one set.
While counting games, the MTB counts as one game.

Lopez
11-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Qualifying for the semi is exactly the same way as singles.

While counting sets, the Match Tie Break counts as one set.
While counting games, the MTB counts as one game.

Thanks for the info :)

Pratik
11-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Paes/Steps :rocker2:

kaustav4
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
They moved int semi final with superb performance against the Spaniards...

Pratik
11-08-2012, 05:44 PM
With last years WTF points dropped, Paes has moved to the 4th in the rankings. The way they are playing as of now, there is a very good chance that they he would move to 3. This is the first time in 12.5 years that Paes has been ranked better than 5. (Last time was May 2000) :yeah:
Stepanek should enter the top 5 for the first time in his career, and may even become #4 :yeah:

striking19
11-09-2012, 03:26 AM
Lee is actually #3, 305 pts ahead of Nestor.... Radek is #5 ahead of Mirnyi...

Pratik
11-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Lee is actually #3, 305 pts ahead of Nestor.... Radek is #5 ahead of Mirnyi...

That is in Live rankings, not the actual rankings. Could change depending on the results this week.

mreccentric
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
SF 1: Paes/Stepanek vs Bhupathi/Bopanna
SF 2: Marray/Nielsen vs (Granollers\Lopez or Bryan\Bryan)

Yves.
11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Are Mirnyi/Nestor officially out?

Nixer
11-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Are Mirnyi/Nestor officially out?

Of course, that match was deciding the second team to go into SF.

Pratik
11-09-2012, 03:01 PM
SF 1: Paes/Stepanek vs Bhupathi/Bopanna
SF 2: Marray/Nielsen vs (Granollers\Lopez or Bryan\Bryan)

The order could change. The group winner for groups has not yet been decided.
It could be Paes/Stepanek vs Marray/Nielsen and Indians vs Granollers\Lopez or Bryan\Bryan

kaustav4
11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Is Leander sure to be the No 3 now?

mreccentric
11-09-2012, 03:49 PM
The order could change. The group winner for groups has not yet been decided.
It could be Paes/Stepanek vs Marray/Nielsen and Indians vs Granollers\Lopez or Bryan\Bryan

True... i came to know that later, but the chances are low to happen like that. It requires Marray/Nielson to lose quite badly.

Pratik
11-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Is Leander sure to be the No 3 now?

Yes. And Stepanek is guaranteed #5. They need a SF win(irrespective of their last RR result) for Stepanek to become #4

True... i came to know that later, but the chances are low to happen like that. It requires Marray/Nielson to lose quite badly.

No. There are several scenarios in which that can happen.
Paes/Steps lose to Bryans in 2 sets(Bryans win the group) and Marray/Nielsen win their group(win their match, or win only one set and stay ahead of Indians in the game percentage)
Paes/Steps win at least one set(so, win the group) and Marray/Nielsen lose in straights/win a set and are behind in the game percentage(Indians win the group)

Slasher1985
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
You were both wrong. Too bad I didn't see earlier. Marray/Nielsen would have won the group anyway (as it happened), because in case of a tie, the next tiebreaker is the direct result between the players tied. Marray/Nielsen lost, and despite the fact that the Indians are 5-4 and Marray/Nielsen are 4-4, Marray/Nielsen win the group.

The information was all here yesterday evening:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Finale%20SF%20Qualifications.aspx

mreccentric
11-10-2012, 02:55 AM
Yes. And Stepanek is guaranteed #5. They need a SF win(irrespective of their last RR result) for Stepanek to become #4

No. There are several scenarios in which that can happen.
Paes/Steps lose to Bryans in 2 sets(Bryans win the group) and Marray/Nielsen win their group(win their match, or win only one set and stay ahead of Indians in the game percentage)
Paes/Steps win at least one set(so, win the group) and Marray/Nielsen lose in straights/win a set and are behind in the game percentage(Indians win the group)

Oh! i see... i didn't calculate the possibilities in such depth. You are right. But looking at the current form, i think what i said happens. I hope the three indians wont fight in the SF match. I want to see them all in Final Match.

mreccentric
11-10-2012, 03:01 AM
What are the group standings now?
This link (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/Finals-Group-Standings-2012.aspx) shows Marray/Nielson topping the B Group even though they lost the yesterday's match in 2 sets, the Indians have a better Set Win-Loss record.

Slasher1985
11-10-2012, 06:50 AM
What are the group standings now?
This link (http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/Finals-Group-Standings-2012.aspx) shows Marray/Nielson topping the B Group even though they lost the yesterday's match in 2 sets, the Indians have a better Set Win-Loss record.

I made a post about it above. Read it please.:confused:

Pratik
11-10-2012, 10:24 AM
You were both wrong. Too bad I didn't see earlier. Marray/Nielsen would have won the group anyway (as it happened), because in case of a tie, the next tiebreaker is the direct result between the players tied. Marray/Nielsen lost, and despite the fact that the Indians are 5-4 and Marray/Nielsen are 4-4, Marray/Nielsen win the group.

The information was all here yesterday evening:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Finale%20SF%20Qualifications.aspx

Ah, yes. I keep forgetting that there are different ways to break a tie when 2 players/teams are tied and when three are.:o

striking19
11-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Lee and Radek are #3 & #4 now (live rankings)......

Pratik
11-11-2012, 03:06 AM
SF:
Paes/Stepanek vs. Bhupathi/Bopanna
Marray/Nielsen vs. Granollers/Lopez :eek: (who would have expected this?)

My prediction is a Paes/Stepanek vs. Marray/Nielsen final.
Paes to win his first WTF :rocker2:
Nothing can stop them when Steps is on fire.

cobalt60
11-11-2012, 01:32 PM
SF:
Paes/Stepanek vs. Bhupathi/Bopanna
Marray/Nielsen vs. Granollers/Lopez :eek: (who would have expected this?)

My prediction is a Paes/Stepanek vs. Marray/Nielsen final.
Paes to win his first WTF :rocker2:
Nothing can stop them when Steps is on fire.

Your other countryman did; it was a really good match :yeah:

mreccentric
11-11-2012, 01:52 PM

Leander's Bad Luck... Radek and He started with only aim of winning AO and WTF.

Pratik
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
This was Paes' best chance for the WTF.

I hope he loses in the final :devil:

Certinfy
11-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Marray/Nielsen better not fuck this up tonight, dream semi-final really.

MaxPower
11-11-2012, 04:29 PM
In my opinion team eyebrow (M.Lopez and Gruntollers) will win WTF. At least brings some "youth" into it :)

Björki
11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks Bhupathi/Bopanna :worship:

Pratik
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks Bhupathi/Bopanna :worship:

:fiery:

Javi
11-11-2012, 07:01 PM
So once again the less voted in a MTF poll reach the finals :haha:

mreccentric
11-12-2012, 02:49 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
This was Paes' best chance for the WTF.

I hope he loses in the final :devil:

:fiery:

Why so much fired up against Bopanna-Bhupathi?!!!
Hope at least they win... 2 great doubles & deserved players(lee and hesh) haven't won WTF in their long career! WTF!

Pratik
11-12-2012, 04:18 AM
Why so much fired up against Bopanna-Bhupathi?!!!
Hope at least they win... 2 great doubles & deserved players(lee and hesh) haven't won WTF in their long career! WTF!

I just don't like Bhupathi. (Nestor-Bhupathi is one of my favourite players with with one of my least favourite.No idea whether I will support them or root against them). And, I find Bopanna to be really dislikable too, apart from Indo-Pak.

VAMOS Spaniards :rocker2:

mreccentric
11-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I just don't like Bhupathi. (Nestor-Bhupathi is one of my favourite players with with one of my least favourite.No idea whether I will support them or root against them). And, I find Bopanna to be really dislikable too, apart from Indo-Pak.

VAMOS Spaniards :rocker2:

Even i wanted Lee to win.. but the better team won. I'm somewhat supporting hesh in absence of lee in finals. I'm happy even if he loses! lol