Where is Oliver Marach? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Where is Oliver Marach?

Julián Santiago
10-11-2012, 04:10 AM
He hasn`t played since last Wimbledon

Somebody knows what happened to him?

Pratik
10-11-2012, 06:30 AM
He entered Hamburg, but had to withdraw because of injury.

From his site:

29/8/2012:
Oliver has been told that there is still impingement and a little fracture on the bone after undergoing an MRI scan Monday. It means that he needs a week of therapy more before he can think about starting to run or play little tennis.
Oliver was forced to retire from the ATP World Tour 500 event in Hamburg over a month ago after he ruptured his syndesmosis ligament, partially tore his exterior ligaments and suffered from a severe hematoma.
"The injury is really bad, the leg is not ok. My doctor and physio said that I was very lucky, normally I would have to give up playing tennis for good," said Oliver.

14/9/2012:
Oliver has been forced to withdraw from the Moselle Open in Metz due to an ongoing injury. It is highly probable that he will not be able to defend his doubles title in Bangkok as well.
"I'm losing more and more points and my ranking is falling. It's frustrating because my leg is still not okay", confessed Oliver. "Tomorrow I'm going to Slovenia again to train for five days with the physio guy. Hope everything will be back to normal soon," he added.

28/9/2012:
Oliver has announced that he can not play the China Tour this year due to an ongoing injury. This is what Oliver said about his injury: "Yesterday I was in hospital and I have still inflammation and little blood in my ankle and around some tendons. The syndosmose is healed back, which was broken. It is a good sign, but my leg is not ready yet to give 100 % on court. Hopefully, I will be able to play the first tournament after 12 weeks injury in two weeks in Stockholm. Everything depends on how fast the inflammation and blood go out.

Nixer
10-11-2012, 07:19 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=206567

Hellraiser
10-11-2012, 09:06 AM
The second case is that TOP doubles players doesn't like Marach and it's gonna be hard to collect some guy who really take care about doubles and make with him something in next year.

Pratik
10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
The second case is that TOP doubles players doesn't like Marach and it's gonna be hard to collect some guy who really take care about doubles and make with him something in next year.

I don't think he is that unlikeable on tour.
But, I have no idea who he would partner with on his return. With the success they have achieved, Peya/Soares would most likely stick together.
The worst thing to happen to Oliver was Kubot deciding to focus on singles. That was such a good team.

Julián Santiago
10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Thank you for the answer Pratik

Beta2k
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
the official webpage for erste-bank open (starting this saturday with qualies) (same week as stockholm) stated the following yesterday:
german:
[...] Mit seinem Daviscuppartner Oliver Marach bildete er zehn Mal ein Doppel, das auch ein Turnier (Auckland) gewann. Marach fiel dann aber mit einer Bänderverletzung im Knie aus, wäre für die Erste Bank Open wieder fit, fand dafür aber keinen geeigneten Partner. [...]
english:
[...] With his Daviscup partner Oliver Marach [Peya] played Doubles ten times, also when they won in Auckland. Marach had a knee-injury, would have been fit for the Erste Bank Open, but did not find a suitable partner [...]

source: http://www.erstebank-open.com/de/news/olympia-doppel-in-wien-am-start

Pratik
10-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Marach/Monfils in Stockholm
Marach/Flo Mayer in Basel

Julián Santiago
10-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Good :)

born_on_clay
10-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Marach/Monfils in Stockholm
Marach/Flo Mayer in Basel