WWW Metz SF: Davydenko v.s Tsonga? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Metz SF: Davydenko v.s Tsonga?

misty1
09-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Davy leads the H2H 2-0 but they havent played since 2008. Can davy make his first final of the year here or is someone like tsonga to much for him now?

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 09:26 PM
davy to destroy this vulture

finishingmove
09-21-2012, 09:27 PM
two piggy roasters, one wannabe vulture, one ex-vulture.

hell yeah.

Crazy Girl
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Davy leads the H2H 2-0 but they havent played since 2008. Can davy make his first final of the year here or is someone like tsonga to much for him now?IMHO, in this moment (not at all) Alì is a little bit to much for Niko, but the hope is the last to die...

TBkeeper
09-21-2012, 09:31 PM
two piggy roasters, one wannabe vulture, one ex-vulture.

hell yeah.

:superlol: :spit: :worship:

On Topic
Davy said in the on-court post-match interview that he is tired and he'll see if he can play well enough to beat Tsonga. But he said he'll try :)

I'm actually optimistic about this one I think Davy's gonna win this 7-6(4) 6-3

Kat_YYZ
09-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Tsonga has looked really vulnerable the last couple months. I hope Davy will be up to it. :) He could certainly use the points. Tsonga's maxed out on 'other countable tournament' points anyways :shrug:

Gillouthe best
09-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Tsonga in 3 tough sets.

PiggyGotRoasted
09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Tsonga will try to vulture, but the other piggy roaster will roast the vulture alongside all the piggy roasting and have it as a side plate.

redshift36188
09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Hope Tsonga takes it but he isn't at 100% because of his finger injury.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3Ud-zVCMAAATwx.jpg

Depuis ma chute au Queen’s, je joue avec une rupture du ligament interne avec un arrachement osseux. Malgré cela, j’ai plutôt bien joué à Wimbledon et aux Jeux. Je vais traîner cela jusqu’à la fin de saison.
Since my fall at Queen's, I played with a ruptured medial ligament with a bone avulsion. Despite this, I played pretty well at Wimbledon and the Olympics. I'll drag it until the end of the season.

Tsonga has looked really vulnerable the last couple months. I hope Davy will be up to it. :) He could certainly use the points. Tsonga's maxed out on 'other countable tournament' points anyways :shrug:
Tsonga is far from being maxed out, specially in the race rankings.

Tag
09-22-2012, 12:14 AM
normally tsonga, since davydenko is finished

but...it's clay, and tsonga is shit on clay, davydenko can play on the stuff

3 sets i reckon. tsonga will mug it up and get out played, then finally win, using far more effort and drama than needed

Andi-M
09-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Nobody will stop Tsonga from claiming this 250.

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 12:25 AM
Both are huge mugs, but I hope Baldenko loses.

n8
09-22-2012, 12:31 AM
I hope Davydenko wins so his ranking will stay high enough to enter Masters 1000s where Nadal can beat him and even the head-to-head.

Man... do I really think like that? :crazy:

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I hope Davydenko wins so his ranking will stay high enough to enter Masters 1000s where Nadal can beat him and even the head-to-head.

Man... do I really think like that? :crazy:

The sooner Baldenko retires, the better it is for this sport. I will not miss his flat WTA ballbashing that passed for shot making on this forum. Awful technique on ground strokes, horrible serve, no variety - no wonder he was known as a living ball machine. Another joke of a former world #3 in Noserer's "strong" era without a single slam final to his name :lol:

misty1
09-22-2012, 12:45 AM
The sooner Baldenko retires, the better it is for this sport. I will not miss his flat WTA ballbashing that passed for shot making on this forum. Awful technique on ground strokes, horrible serve, no variety - no wonder he was known as a living ball machine. Another joke of a former world #3 in Noserer's "strong" era without a single slam final to his name :lol:

go ahead and explain then how this so called talentless ball machine made nadal his bitch on hard courts and why he is the only player alive to have a positive record against him that didnt meat him only once.

and dont call it luck every time because thats just such a bullshit answer

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 12:51 AM
go ahead and explain then how this so called talentless ball machine made nadal his bitch on hard courts and why he is the only player alive to have a positive record against him that didnt meat him only once.

and dont call it luck every time because thats just such a bullshit answer

I'll give you the same excuse Noserertards give for his awful H2H against Nadal: Mental/match up issue, only slam count matters etc

See it goes both ways.

Nadal is a legend of the sport. Baldenko is a clown who never made a single GS final despite being world #3. Master of best of 3 and failure on the big stage. :o

Mark Lenders
09-22-2012, 12:55 AM
GOATga of course.

He will win this tournament and go on a tear during the entire indoor season, which will end with him winning the World Tour Finals.

misty1
09-22-2012, 12:58 AM
I'll give you the same excuse Noserertards give for his awful H2H against Nadal: Mental/match up issue, only slam count matters etc

See it goes both ways.

Nadal is a legend of the sport. Baldenko is a clown who never made a single GS final despite being world #3. Master of best of 3 and failure on the big stage. :o

fair enough. But you also have to have some sort of talent to have reached number 3 in the world and to have the edge against nadal on any surface..or anyone for that matter

im not going to sit here and deny that he was and is a mental midget on the grand slams though

TigerTim
09-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Federer losing to Nadal

Okay, so Nadal is clay GOAT, pretty solid on grass and hard also

Nadal losing to Davy

Oh dear, Davy has not got 11gs or even one, after all he has a WTA serve etc, guess that exposes Nadal's WTA return game. At least Nad owns Davy outdo, oh bugger, I guess his pansy backhand overpowered Rafa :shrug:

BroTree123
09-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Davydenko in 2. Tsonga's been God awful these last few months.

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Davydenko is a great talent. His biggest chance for a slam was AO 2010 when he had bp's for a double break at 6-1 3-1* against Fed and then crumbled after missing it.

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Davydenko is a great talent. His biggest chance for a slam was AO 2010 when he had bp's for a double break at 6-1 3-1* against Fed and then crumbled after missing it.

Wouldn't mean anything. He would still choke against Noserer, it would just take 5 sets.

And winning a QF match is by no means a guarantee that you'll win a slam. Your boy would probably hammer him in the finals.

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Wouldn't mean anything. He would still choke against Noserer, it would just take 5 sets.

And winning a QF match is by no means a guarantee that you'll win a slam. Your boy would probably hammer him in the finals.

Maybe AO 06 was a better chance with Kiefer and Baghdatis lying in wait. Choked *6-3 in the TB.

But yeah he was a huge choker especially against RF.

Slade
09-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Tsonga in 3 sets, maybe 2 hard fought sets. Tsonga could easily lose if he drops the first though

Tag
09-22-2012, 08:36 AM
davydenko was robbed by puerta

that is all

out_grinder
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM

BREAKING NEWS: a Nadal fan has just accused another tennis player of using no variety and playing a robotic style of tennis.

Kolya
09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
We can only hope...

TigerTim
09-22-2012, 09:28 AM

Mugray would have pissed his pants and lost to Cilic at the site of Davy in the final.

Imagine. A Cilic v Denko final :hearts:

Sanya
09-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Kolya will make less mistakes from the ground and win more points in 4+ shots, but Tsonga`s serve will bring him this win. I see it to be close, but after many games Kolya will be tired quicker as he won`t have as many easy points as Jo. Tso in 3, IMO, losing first set.