09-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Who's gonna win?

I think Berankis in 3

mattpro
09-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Klizan of course :)

Satasonic
09-21-2012, 07:58 AM
Even though I wouldnt mind any of them winning, I think it would be better for tennis if Klizan were to win this, since Berankis is after an injury and almost seems unfit.

Klizan in 3.

shoustar89
09-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Berankis in 3. Klizan is a challenger level player.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Rycka in 2.

Hypnotize
09-21-2012, 10:18 AM
Klizan in 2 sets. He's a far better player and Berankis only won his first 2 rounds because his opponents retired.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Klizan in 2 sets. He's a far better player and Berankis only won his first 2 rounds because his opponents retired.

Would you mind saying in what aspects of the game is Klizan that far better player than Berankis?

Hypnotize
09-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Would you mind saying in what aspects of the game is Klizan that far better player than Berankis?
Serve, forehand, backhand, movement, pretty much everything. Klizan has had better results and is ranked way above Berankis so this shouldn't come as a surprise to you.

Berankis can win this if Klizan has one of his bad days or retires like Berankis' first two opponents but Klizan has shown he is the better player this year.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Seriously?? The guy has won 4 challengers this year... Is it that impressive to you? Berankis OTOH is coming back from a grueling injury period, wait till he can play full season, then we can compare the rankings and the results of these two guys.

Speaking about aspects which you mention Klizan has advantage in, I really doubt that the guy moves better than Rycka, Berankis is a very smooth mover, has great hands, powerful serve, for his 175 cm height and a big forehand too, plays very aggresive tennis all the time.

I think this match is on Berankis' raquet.

Sombrerero loco
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
klizan will win i think

Hypnotize
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Seriously?? The guy has won 4 challengers this year... Is it that impressive to you? Berankis OTOH is coming back from a grueling injury period, wait till he can play full season, then we can compare the rankings and the results of these two guys.

Speaking about aspects which you mention Klizan has advantage in, I really doubt that the guy moves better than Rycka, Berankis is a very smooth mover, has great hands, powerful serve, for his 175 cm height and a big forehand too, plays very aggresive tennis all the time.

It's tennis so of course anyone can win but Berankis is 22 and never proved anything until now. You can make snide remarks about Klizan winning 4 Challengers but he had a good run at the US Open and the only reason Berankis is even in the top 100 right now is because he made the final of an ATP tournament with a Challenger level draw as all the good players (including Klizan) were at the Olympics. It works both ways and you would do well to remember that.

I understand you are patriotic and want Berankis to win but irrespective of the result today, he's a long way from proving he is at Klizan's level. Klizan is a stylish player with a very exciting game whereas Berankis is fairly dull and one-dimensional. As far as Lithuanian players go, I would rather watch Laurynas Grigelis than Berankis any day of the week.

Challengerslover
09-21-2012, 11:43 AM

OK, Klizan has won 4 challengers (which is not that bad, I guess). But look at his current form. Great US Open and other excellent recent results as well. This Klizan is for real, so deal with it. His ranking is not overrated, he has still potential to move up. Berankis is similar to Klizan in a lot of aspects, but I would say Klizan is more consistent and in a better form now.

This match could still go either way, of course. But Klizan is definitely a slight favorite here. Hopefully he isnīt tired yet, guy plays tons of tennis now (he is also in doubles SF, defeating 2 very good pairs there).

Armless
09-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Both have good chances of winning their first title here. Gonna go with Klizan, to win this one today and the whole tournament on Sunday.

Deathless Mortal
09-21-2012, 12:46 PM
This thread prepares us for the future huge rivalry between Klizan and Berankis :sport:

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 01:47 PM
It's tennis so of course anyone can win but Berankis is 22 and never proved anything until now. You can make snide remarks about Klizan winning 4 Challengers but he had a good run at the US Open and the only reason Berankis is even in the top 100 right now is because he made the final of an ATP tournament with a Challenger level draw as all the good players (including Klizan) were at the Olympics. It works both ways and you would do well to remember that.

I understand you are patriotic and want Berankis to win but irrespective of the result today, he's a long way from proving he is at Klizan's level. Klizan is a stylish player with a very exciting game whereas Berankis is fairly dull and one-dimensional. As far as Lithuanian players go, I would rather watch Laurynas Grigelis than Berankis any day of the week.

Please tell me how can the guy show any results, when he's been sidelined with injuries in his last two seasons for about 8 months combined? And speaking about you enjoy watching Grigelis more than Berankis, it's cool with me, if u like to watch a player who can't hit two forehands in a row, though I admit he has a tasty backhand, with that said, Berankis is on a different level compared to Grigelis.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 01:52 PM
OK, Klizan has won 4 challengers (which is not that bad, I guess). But look at his current form. Great US Open and other excellent recent results as well. This Klizan is for real, so deal with it. His ranking is not overrated, he has still potential to move up. Berankis is similar to Klizan in a lot of aspects, but I would say Klizan is more consistent and in a better form now.

This match could still go either way, of course. But Klizan is definitely a slight favorite here. Hopefully he isnīt tired yet, guy plays tons of tennis now (he is also in doubles SF, defeating 2 very good pairs there).

Look at where most of Klizan's points are coming from.. The challenger tour. The guy had a great run at USO, but that's the only impressive thing he's done on a main tour this year. He's basically a challenger player, a good player though, but is definitelly not that far away from Berankis gamewise. Looking forward to that match, will be a good one I think.

Nr 1 Fan
09-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Interesting match-up. I say Klizan in 3.

Challengerslover
09-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Look at where most of Klizan's points are coming from.. The challenger tour. The guy had a great run at USO, but that's the only impressive thing he's done on a main tour this year. He's basically a challenger player, a good player though, but is definitelly not that far away from Berankis gamewise. Looking forward to that match, will be a good one I think.

You are right about challenger points. But he was absolutely dominating there in style. He was winning them without losing a set, which is not a bad thing and something what we have to respect a bit. All were concerned about Martinīs ATP results on hardcourts, saying he is claycourter and challengerīs product. But he destroyed Paire and then played an excellent match vs Isner in Winston Salem, where local favorite Isner was only very lucky to win 7-5 in 3rd. Klizan played good tennis at Wimbledon also. Then came that US Open and now it seems that he continues to impress.

Nothing against Berankis, he is very promising player, with potential to eventually beat Klizan. But saying that this match is on Berankisī raquet is a bit too much. Klizan is not a defensive player, so I donīt expect Berankis to dictate rallies. Yes, it should be a good tennis and good fight. I will probably leave it at that.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 03:35 PM
You are right about challenger points. But he was absolutely dominating there in style. He was winning them without losing a set, which is not a bad thing and something what we have to respect a bit. All were concerned about Martinīs ATP results on hardcourts, saying he is claycourter and challengerīs product. But he destroyed Paire and then played an excellent match vs Isner in Winston Salem, where local favorite Isner was only very lucky to win 7-5 in 3rd. Klizan played good tennis at Wimbledon also. Then came that US Open and now it seems that he continues to impress.

Nothing against Berankis, he is very promising player, with potential to eventually beat Klizan. But saying that this match is on Berankisī raquet is a bit too much. Klizan is not a defensive player, so I donīt expect Berankis to dictate rallies. Yes, it should be a good tennis and good fight. I will probably leave it at that.

There is only way to find out who's gonna come out on top and we will see how this interesting match-up will pan out. They are BOTH good players, top 50 material for sure, can't argue that.

Zambanas
09-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Have to say that Klizan played a better match, was way better than Berankis today. Berankis played like crap today, serve and backhands were pathetic.