Murray's career from now on... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Murray's career from now on...

Pages : [1] 2

Sapeod
09-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Now that he's got that first slam, how will his career be from now on? His confidence will get a massive boost from that US Open win and imo, he will dominate 2013. The rest of the year is mostly irrelevant until Shanghai/WTF but I think he'll dominate there too. I see him winning WTF this year. It is in London and the crowd will be behind him.

Since that first slam is out of the war, I think Andy is well on his way to being the best British player to ever play the sport, in terms of both success and game.

Opinions?

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 08:17 PM
And then you woke up

Daley Thompson, Jackie Clark, Jackie Stewart, Bobby Charlton, Fred Perry, Steve Redgrave?

Federer in 2
09-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Don't think he will wrap up 2013 and be the clear player of the year, but I have a feeling he will co-dominate the season with 1-2 more players out of the big 3.
My guess is 1 Slam for Andy in 2013, possibly 2. Absolutely impossible to predict which one, though. He didn't play brilliant tennis at USO and won. But if I had to guess, I'd say Wimbledon next year.

Overall I think he will win 7 Slams. And 2 WTFs, but NOT this year. No career GS for Andy, I'm afraid.
And I have a weird gut feeling that he will struggle against Rafael Nadal more than ever from now on, but will have a positive H2H with Djokovic.

uxyzapenje
09-20-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm interested to see what will he do when he loses first couple of matches to some random journeymen. Will he continue to have confidence or will he start questioning himself. I see him finishing 2013 as no2 or 3

Looner
09-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Murray is not winning WTF if Federer is anywhere close to his best. He did not play out of his skin to win the USO, so I am yet to see something that will allow him to dominate.

Sanya
09-20-2012, 08:25 PM
I thought it`s known fact already - Andy is going to become "Future #1 and multiple Slams winner", isn`t he? :rolleyes:

Sofonda Cox
09-20-2012, 08:27 PM
What career?

Allez
09-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Spot on Sapeod as always. Murray is on a massive roll right now. A juggernaut in the making. 2013 will be his year. 2 slams NID. As for the remainder of this year...runaway favourite for the far east swing and the WTF. Good times.

GSMnadal
09-20-2012, 08:29 PM
No CYGS prediction yet? Have you softened up Sapeod?

thesouth
09-20-2012, 08:31 PM
2013 may be difficult, Rosol and Novikov are just too good...

Fed fordawin
09-20-2012, 08:34 PM
The fact is Murray will always be exposed against an on form agressive player, be it the number 1 or number 50.
He won't ever dominate a year. However I can see him winning more slams.

PedroMarquess
09-20-2012, 08:36 PM
He is the future of tennis, oh wait, wrong thread.

Sapeod
09-20-2012, 08:38 PM
And then you woke up

Daley Thompson, Jackie Clark, Jackie Stewart, Bobby Charlton, Fred Perry, Steve Redgrave?
What are you babbling about? Read:
I think Andy is well on his way to being the best British player to ever play the sport
Last time I checked, none of them are British tennis players apart from Perry.

Fred, even with 8 slams, played in an inferior era. If Andy gets anywhere near 6, he'll be better in my eyes, and he will get within 6, if not a couple more.
I thought it`s known fact already - Andy is going to become "Future #1 and multiple Slams winner", isn`t he? :rolleyes:
Well, yeah, I'm just asking how far will he go.
No CYGS prediction yet? Have you softened up Sapeod?
I made a CYGS prediction for 2013, but I was mostly taking the piss when it came to RG. That said, he'll win the other 3 and I won't be surprised if he wins RG. He's certainly good enough to do it.

Londinium
09-20-2012, 08:38 PM
If Federer is on form he'll beat Murray at the WTF, if Djokovic is on form he'll probably beat Murray at the WTF (he wasn't at his absolute peak at the US). Same for both of them at Grand Slams next year plus add in the possibility of Nadal returning to some kind of form and we all know the hold Nadal has over Murray. So I don't see any domination by Murray in the near future although another GS is absolutely possible next year.

Sapeod
09-20-2012, 08:41 PM
If Federer is on form he'll beat Murray at the WTF, if Djokovic is on form he'll probably beat Murray at the WTF (he wasn't at his absolute peak at the US). Same for both of them at Grand Slams next year plus add in the possibility of Nadal returning to some kind of form and we all know the hold Nadal has over Murray. So I don't see any domination by Murray in the near future although another GS is absolutely possible next year.
Murray, at his absolute best, dominates Nadal on hardcourt. He does the same to Djokovic, although he doesn't dominate him. Federer? Same thing, on hardcourt at least. On hardcourt, Murray is better than all of them when he's at his peak and the confidence he'll get from the US Open win will allow him to mellow out and play near that peak more often.

Looner
09-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Murray, at his absolute best, dominates Nadal on hardcourt. He does the same to Djokovic, although he doesn't dominate him. Federer? Same thing, on hardcourt at least. On hardcourt, Murray is better than all of them when he's at his peak and the confidence he'll get from the US Open win will allow him to mellow out and play near that peak more often.

Fuuuuck, I was sad I had missed peak Sapeod but I think may be seeing shades of the :stupid:ness that has made you a legend on MTF.

GSMnadal
09-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I made a CYGS prediction for 2013, but I was mostly taking the piss when it came to RG. That said, he'll win the other 3 and I won't be surprised if he wins RG. He's certainly good enough to do it.

I must say, you really had me worried about you. Good to see the real Sapeod is still out there, sometimes

Sanya
09-20-2012, 08:47 PM

Serious question - do you really believe in this yourself?

Revan
09-20-2012, 08:48 PM
What are you babbling about? Read:

Last time I checked, none of them are British tennis players apart from Perry.

Fred, even with 8 slams, played in an inferior era. If Andy gets anywhere near 6, he'll be better in my eyes, and he will get within 6, if not a couple more.

Well, yeah, I'm just asking how far will he go.

Lol. So one grand slam has already gotten you blind? Not surprising.

A) Murray is not winning Roland Garros in his career.
B) He will not win 3/4 of slams next year :haha:
C) Get your head out of your ass if you actually believe that he will do what you say he will.

GSMnadal
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
Lol. So one grand slam has already gotten you blind? Not surprising.

C) Get your head out of your ass if you actually believe that he will do what you say he will.

He also made those predictions back when Murray's biggest title was Shanghai :lol:

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Apologies for my :stupid: post :lol:

But still Murray isnt getting close to Perry.

Mark Lenders
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Can't see Murray ever losing a match again. In fact, I'd not be surprised if Djokovic was the last man to ever take a set off Murray.

His decisive annihilation of the field in New York is only the beginning.

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Can't see Murray ever losing a match again. In fact, I'd not be surprised if Djokovic was the last man to ever take a set off Murray.

What about Potro?

Looner
09-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Sounds about right :shrug:.

Sapeod
09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Fuuuuck, I was sad I had missed peak Sapeod but I think may be seeing shades of the :stupid:ness that has made you a legend on MTF.
Stupid? Don't joke around, I'm not being stupid. This is a completely possible scenario. 3 slams in a year for peak Murray? That can and will happen if Andy's confidence is sky high.
I must say, you really had me worried about you. Good to see the real Sapeod is still out there, sometimes
The "real Sapeod"? That "real Sapeod" has been here since 2009. I haven't disappeared at all.
Serious question - do you really believe in this yourself?
Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? I've always been saying that Murray will become one of the sport's legends and he's getting there. One slam will give him the confidence boost he needs. Next stop, the 2013 Australian Open.
I'm not saying he will but he has a chance if he plays well. He's not as crap on clay as some of you say. He's just inconsistent on it.
Yes, he will. If his confidence stays the way it is atm, he'll be near his peak more often. That said, his peak is easily good enough to push Nadal/Djokovic/Federer to their limit and beat them.
So, I'm guessing you don't think it'll happen? The whole of MTF probably doesn't believe but I'm used to that by now.
But still Murray isnt getting close to Perry.
Perhaps, but imo, if Andy gets anywhere 6 slams, he'll be superior. Not in pure slam titles, but because he plays in a superior era.

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Perry won the grandr slam, routined Tilden and Von Cramm, secured 3/4 David cup with a 44-4 record (something like that), two pro slams, was equal of vines for a while, gave good fight to a peak budge.......

Sanya
09-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Of course I do. Why wouldn't I? I've always been saying that Murray will become one of the sport's legends and he's getting there. One slam will give him the confidence boost he needs. Next stop, the 2013 Australian Open.

"One of the sport`s legends" and "be better on hard that Djokovic (well...) and Federer (ouch!)" are a bit different things, IMO. :)

Confidence... This term is overused here. You can be the bravest/calmest tennis player ever and still never get to TOP-10. Confidence is good thing, but as addition to main dish. :shrug:

nazzac
09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Not really a fan of Murray, but i think he may win 1 or 2 slams next year. I don't think he will win anymore than that. I don't see him winning Roland Garros in his career, but you can never be certain. Nothing is certain in sports, so saying that Murray Will or will not win more slams like it's a fact is wrong.

xargon
09-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Stupid
Perhaps, but imo, if Andy gets anywhere 6 slams, he'll be superior. Not in pure slam titles, but because he plays in a superior era.

It was a nice dream, then you woke up.:)

EliSter
09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Mugray might fluke another MM tourny. Thats his top. He can say thanks to USTA for his one and only GS.

Looner
09-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Sapeod, you're talking about confidence as if it's the only thing that matters. Federer is super dangerous when confident because he has a super aggressive (or used to have it :rolleyes:) style of play and is the best ever at taking opponents apart. Djokovic is super dangerous because he can play aggressive tennis as well as grind you away.

Murray is good but we are yet to see how much confidence can actually help him. It's about sustaining a level and he has proven he's not capable of doing that for an extended period of time at the highest (top 4) level. He may do it but it's far from certain.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
His realistic goals are

#1 ranking (for at least one week)
Wimbledon
A second slam to become a multi-slam winner

He's no Fed, Nadal or Djoker, so he won't be wrestling control of the tennis spectrum. One slam win was amazing enough. Whatever happens, his proper fans we'll always have that moment to look back on :D

Following his career from here on in is going to be stress-free, fun and intriguing.

Saberq
09-20-2012, 09:38 PM
if big 3 are at their best it's always up to them.Murray fluked 1 Slam YAY

green25814
09-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Andy isn't dominating anytime soon. He should win a few more slams though

Wimbledon would be amazing, think he will win it at some point, he's excellent on grass

r2473
09-20-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't think he can beat any 2 of Joker/Fed/Nadal to take a slam.

So I predict that he will be settling for semis and perhaps a runner-up in 2013.

As much as I wish it weren't true, I don't think he had a "major breakthrough" at USO12.

I think he would have lost to Fed in the semis.

Minus the wind, he would have lost to Joker in the finals (how can Joker be such a bad wind player?).

BK 201
09-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Murray, at his absolute best, dominates Nadal on hardcourt.

No.

He does the same to Djokovic, although he doesn't dominate him.

No.

Federer? Same thing, on hardcourt at least.

No.

On hardcourt, Murray is better than all of them when he's at his peak and the confidence he'll get from the US Open win will allow him to mellow out and play near that peak more often.

No.

The ripple effect has started I see.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 10:20 PM
The ripple effect has started I see.

Disagree with you on Nadal, when Muzza's in prime form on hard courts the match up with Rafito is firmly on the Scot's racket.

The other two are very debatable especially Federer (all Mur-Fed match ups are in Fed's hands IMO)

BK 201
09-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Disagree with you on Nadal, when Muzza's in prime form on hard courts the match up with Rafito is firmly on the Scot's racket.

The other two are very debatable especially Federer (all Mur-Fed match ups are in Fed's hands IMO)

Fair comment, but people need to still understand Nadal's HC resume is still better than Murray's. Murray is good, but let's not forget he needed a lot of luck and it wasn't really his skill that brought him victory - his mindset was top class that day (although he did wander in the 3rd and 4th when he got destroyed). I think Nadal in the last few years (who was only bested by Djokovic who was a god last year) would get the upper hand more times than not in the slams. People forget how good Nadal was from 2010 - AO 2012 - where the only guy who could stop him was Djokovic (although Murray did win at AO).

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Fair comment, but people need to still understand Nadal's HC resume is still better than Murray's. Murray is good, but let's not forget he needed a lot of luck and it wasn't really his skill that brought him victory - his mindset was top class that day (although he did wander in the 3rd and 4th when he got destroyed). I think Nadal in the last few years (who was only bested by Djokovic who was a god last year) would get the upper hand more times than not in the slams. People forget how good Nadal was from 2010 - AO 2012 - where the only guy who could stop him was Djokovic (although Murray did win at AO).

It's the match up between them I'm talking about. Murray's two handed CC BH is lethal against Nadal on hard courts and puts the Spaniard on the ropes. Usually Andy's FH has to have a good day but in his best wins over Rafa (USO, AO 10, Tokyo) he took the match completely out of Nadal's hands, who had no answer or a plan B.

Nadal's HC CV is still greater though, 2 slams is better than 1.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't think he can beat any 2 of Joker/Fed/Nadal to take a slam.

So I predict that he will be settling for semis and perhaps a runner-up in 2013.

As much as I wish it weren't true, I don't think he had a "major breakthrough" at USO12.

I think he would have lost to Fed in the semis.

Minus the wind, he would have lost to Joker in the finals (how can Joker be such a bad wind player?).

So this never happened?

http://timekeepingscore.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/151734981.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

That win has given Andy the only thing that was stopping him in the first place, confidence. He will be more relaxed and under less pressure next year and that will really help him. Three slams is very possible.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 10:51 PM
overachieving one fluke slam wonder.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 10:52 PM
overachieving one fluke slam wonder.

Wrong. Andy is no Potro.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 10:53 PM
So this never happened?

http://timekeepingscore.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/151734981.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

That win has given Andy the only thing that was stopping him in the first place, confidence. He will be more relaxed and under less pressure next year and that will really help him. Three slams is very possible.

Sorry, but the reason Murray lost to Federer in al those finals wasn't simply because of a lack of confidence. Murray can be outplayed, in fact, this slam wins was one of the luckiest and unconvincing slam wins I've seen from anyone. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic playing amazing tennis can still take out Murray even if he is confident. Lets not start thinking a confident Murray is unstoppable.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 10:54 PM
del potro beat nadal and federer to reach the finals (in their prime)

who did murray beat? oh yea, djokovic... in hurricane like conditions.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Wrong. Andy is no Potro.

A Del Potro who has missed over a year and a half of tennis due to injuries and beat Federer and Nadal back to back to claim his slam win. JMDP didn't have to go through Berdych, Raonic and a shaky Djokovic to win his slam. If you can win a slam in an injury plagued career, then fair play.

Londinium
09-20-2012, 10:56 PM

:confused:

The same Nadal that holds a 13-6 record over Murray? That has beat him in 4/5 Grand Slam semis on all surfaces and beat him in three in a row in 2011? Yeah I think it's a far stretch to say he dominates Nadal on hard courts when they both have 1 USO SF win each and they have a career record of 6-6 on Hard courts. The less said about Nole and Federer on Hard courts the better.

The fact is that Murray won his USO because Federer was hit off the court by one of his bogey players, Nadal was injured and Djokovic was not at his best. The first set tie breaker decided it, had Djokovic won that the match would have been over in 3 or 4 sets. However this is not to take anything away from Murray, he's finally broken his mental block and this will mean that he performs much better in finals from now on and has every chance of winning another GS. It doesn't mean he's suddenly dominant on Hard courts though.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Sorry, but the reason Murray lost to Federer in al those finals wasn't simply because of a lack of confidence. Murray can be outplayed, in fact, this slam wins was one of the luckiest and unconvincing slam wins I've seen from anyone. Federer, Nadal and Djokovic playing amazing tennis can still take out Murray even if he is confident. Lets not start thinking a confident Murray is unstoppable.

It wasn't the only reason, it certaintly played a big part though. If you have never won a slam before, playing in a final against a guy who has won 14,15,16 slams is going to be pretty daunting.

PLaying at his best, Andy can beat anyone and this win will help him do that in slam finals.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 10:59 PM
if nalbandian had 1% of murray's luck, he'd have a handful of slams by now

Mark Lenders
09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
if nalbandian had 1% of murray's fitness, work ethic and dedication, he'd have won many Slams and been a real rival to Federer

Fixed.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:02 PM
It wasn't the only reason, it certaintly played a big part though. If you have never won a slam before, playing in a final against a guy who has won 14,15,16 slams is going to be pretty daunting.

PLaying at his best, Andy can beat anyone and this win will help him do that in slam finals.

LOL, almost 2 sets down to Cilic... getting completely outhit. The same against Berdshit. Both collapsed and gifted the match away expectedly. Murray will always get blown off court when he plays against an attacking player on form. Just look back last month against Chardy...its a shame none of the mugs could get the job done this USO.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:03 PM

No. Whilst Nalbandian is technically good enough to win a slam, he is so bad mentally I gave up watching the guy choke, choke and choke. If Federer had Nalbandian's mind and guts I doubt he'd have won a slam. If anything it's a testiment to nalbandian's play that even having poor focus, nerves of jelly and a lack of shot judgement on big points - he was still able to do pretty well in the majors.

Now Tommy haas, there's an unlucky player.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 11:04 PM

The same Nadal that holds a 13-6 record over Murray? That has beat him in 4/5 Grand Slam semis on all surfaces and beat him in three in a row in 2011? Yeah I think it's a far stretch to say he dominates Nadal on hard courts when they both have 1 USO SF win each and they have a career record of 6-6 on Hard courts. The less said about Nole and Federer on Hard courts the better.

The fact is that Murray won his USO because Federer was hit off the court by one of his bogey players, Nadal was injured and Djokovic was not at his best. The first set tie breaker decided it, had Djokovic won that the match would have been over in 3 or 4 sets. However this is not to take anything away from Murray, he's finally broken his mental block and this will mean that he performs much better in finals from now on and has every chance of winning another GS. It doesn't mean he's suddenly dominant on Hard courts though.

:facepalm:

If Federer couldn't beat Berdych then that is his problem. If Djokovic wasn't at his best then again that is his problem. It is not as if Murray was at his best either. It doesn't matter who you beat or how you win a slam, a slam is a slam.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:05 PM

Don't know about that, it can work both ways; US Open 2000 & 09 spring to mind.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
LOL, almost 2 sets down to Cilic... getting completely outhit. The same against Berdshit. Both collapsed and gifted the match away expectedly. Murray will always get blown off court when he plays against an attacking player on form. Just look back last month against Chardy...

1-1.

tennishero
No. Whilst Nalbandian is technically good enough to win a slam, he is so bad mentally I gave up watching the guy choke, choke and choke. If Federer had Nalbandian's mind and guts I doubt he'd have won a slam. If anything it's a testiment to nalbandian's play that even having poor focus, nerves of jelly and a lack of shot judgement on big points - he was still able to do pretty well in the majors.

Now Tommy haas, there's an unlucky player.

I consider Nalbandian's TMC 2005 win a lot more impressive than Murray's fluke USO

BK 201
LOL, almost 2 sets down to Cilic... getting completely outhit. The same against Berdshit. Both collapsed and gifted the match away expectedly. Murray will always get blown off court when he plays against an attacking player on form. Just look back last month against Chardy...its a shame none of the mugs could get the job done this USO.

Murray also got lucky with line calls against Verdasco if I'm not mistaken.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:07 PM
1-1.

talent/better player 1-0 :)

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:08 PM
I consider Nalbandian's TMC 2005 win a lot more impressive than Murray's fluke USO

He played much better tennis I agree but fuck me Nadull has 11 slams, so it's not exactly about who plays the most spectacular tennis is it.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 11:09 PM

You think Murray was at his best in those matches? :lol:

The fact is he managed to turn those two matches around and get the win. Also the Chardy match is irrelevant.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:09 PM

I don't. The only reason Nalbandian was allowed in the 8 man draw is because Roddick/Safin/Nadal and company dropped out - allowing Nalbandian entry. Further more Nalbandian played Federer who was carrying an injury to the ankle. Murray at least qualified for the US Open with the correct ranking and played healthy opponents.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:10 PM
talent/better player 1-0 :)

1-0 how?

Both have a slam each.

This is a true fact.

I know you loved the whole 'delpo says hi' schtick for a while but it's gone man, let it go and look forward to the future.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't. The only reason Nalbandian was allowed in the 8 man draw is because Roddick/Safin/Nadal and company dropped out - allowing Nalbandian entry. Further more Nalbandian played Federer who was carrying an injury to the ankle. Murray at least qualified for the US Open with the correct ranking and played healthy opponents.

lol, do you think any of those players would have beaten nalbandian back then? good thing nadal got replaced or it could have gotten real ugly. he destroyed peakdenko 6-0 prior to the final.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 11:12 PM
In terms of both talent and career success Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Potro.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:13 PM
1-0 how?

Both have a slam each.

This is a true fact.

I know you loved the whole 'delpo says hi' schtick for a while but it's gone man, let it go and look forward to the future.

if this is what the future entails (murray winning slams), then its a very bleak future... i'd much rather stay in the past thanks.

Sanya
09-20-2012, 11:15 PM

That injured Fed still was far better player than these healthy opponents. :shrug:

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:16 PM
i hope del potro meets murray in a slam final one day...

Londinium

If Federer couldn't beat Berdych then that is his problem. If Djokovic wasn't at his best then again that is his problem. It is not as if Murray was at his best either. It doesn't matter who you beat or how you win a slam, a slam is a slam.

I wouldn't dispute that. The fact is that he had a favourable run to the final so I wouldn't point to it as the beginning of some fabled Murray dominance. Now if he'd gone through 2/3 of Federer, Djokovic and Nadal and beaten them convincingly then that argument might have some strength. Fact is he didn't. I think Murray probably will win another 3/4 slams but he's not going to dominate anything. He's also lucky in that he's peaking in a period where Federer probably has at most another year to eighteen months of competing left and Nadal's career outside the French is under threat. Once those two go (Nadal will probably last longer but given his injury problems who knows?) then he'll only have Djokovic as a main rival and none of the others are showing any signs of breaking through.

Mark Lenders
lol, do you think any of those players would have beaten nalbandian back then? good thing nadal got replaced or it could have gotten real ugly. i mean he destroyed peakdenko 6-0 prior to the final.

Few would argue that Nalbandian is a far more talented player than Slam winners like Murray, JMDP and others... and can produce far better tennis at his best.

But those players worked very hard to achieve what they have. Nalbandian never had their dedication and commitment, which is why he doesn't have a Slam, talent can only take you so far. Not to mention his mentality is questionable, even in that TMC 2005 final he was very, very close to choking big time in the fifth set.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:18 PM
TMC 2005 was one of the highest levels of tennis I've seen alongside Madrid and Paris 07. Don't slate King David's indoor success.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Murray

uuFXqFifRew

Nalbandian

SjL7JASDfQA

I know which one I prefer watching...

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Who's arguing about Murray-Nalbandian? Murray's career is obviously better but I'm not gonna argue David is/was the more talented. Not even close.

n8
09-20-2012, 11:23 PM
Sapeod teasing his fans by waiting this long to deliver this anticipated thread. But it is now clear that it was his master plan to avoid the post Slam craze and produce the go to thread for Murray's divine rise. :worship:

This end of season could propel Murray into the #1 conversation by the middle of next year. Roger showed how valuable this part of the season can be.

Moozza
09-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Murray is as talented as just about anyone.

tennishero
09-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Who's arguing about Murray-Nalbandian? Murray's career is obviously better but I'm not gonna argue David is/was the more talented. Not even close.

praising nalbandian (an argentine player) LOL... never thought I'd be seeing that from you. :dance:

ogbg
09-20-2012, 11:28 PM
The thing about Murray has always been his confidence which leads to belief which leads to work. I don't see him ever losing that confidence>belief>work in the near future so he could go on a tear.

rocketassist
09-20-2012, 11:29 PM
praising nalbandian (an argentine player) LOL... never thought I'd be seeing that from you. :dance:

Why would anyone being Argentine make me dislike them? :confused: LOL.

ogbg
09-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Murray?
Nalbandian?

How about Murray-Nalbandian?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGC6sAeCUc

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:43 PM
lol, do you think any of those players would have beaten nalbandian back then? good thing nadal got replaced or it could have gotten real ugly. he destroyed peakdenko 6-0 prior to the final.

Uh, Safin is capable of beating anyone, I think he's proved that (In slams no less), when Safin is at his best it doesn't matter which Nalbandian turns up he isn't winning. Roddick played completely average at US Open 2003 SF and managed to sneak Nalbandian playing his best tennis and leads the H2H. Nalbandian could have lost that match quite easily. These are facts that I submit to you.

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Murray is as talented as just about anyone.

Do I really need to make a list?

Vladoz
09-20-2012, 11:46 PM
wow, can people put down the hype
the man got ownd in wimbledon, he won a atp 500 olympics, he almost got beaten by cilic
he so so so close to choke away 2-0 set lead in final
^
Thats it, for a year of 4 GS

BK 201
09-20-2012, 11:49 PM
the man got ownd in wimbledon, he won a atp 500 olympics, he almost got beaten by cilic
^

Murray has had a great year, very good don't forget that. But people are a little overboard with Murray here. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Han Solo
09-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Stupid? Don't joke around, I'm not being stupid. This is a completely possible scenario. 3 slams in a year for peak Murray? That can and will happen if Andy's confidence is sky high.

The "real Sapeod"? That "real Sapeod" has been here since 2009. I haven't disappeared at all.

I'm not saying he will but he has a chance if he plays well. He's not as crap on clay as some of you say. He's just inconsistent on it.

Yes, he will. If his confidence stays the way it is atm, he'll be near his peak more often. That said, his peak is easily good enough to push Nadal/Djokovic/Federer to their limit and beat them.

So, I'm guessing you don't think it'll happen? The whole of MTF probably doesn't believe but I'm used to that by now.

:bs:

1) Impossible to compare eras - especially this far apart. So to say one is "superior" to the other is not really justifiable. Game was totally different back in the 30s, different physique, racquets, approach, everything.

2) I'm guessing you weren't really around to catch much of the tennis in the 1930s, so what are you basing your comparison of eras on, exactly? (And I doubt you have seen many games on youtube either...)

ogbg
09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
^

Not sure he got ownd in Wimbledon.
Olypmics was 750. It wasn't about points anyway.
He won final.

ogbg
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Game was totally different back in the 30s, different physique, racquets, approach, everything
Different rules also. You couldn't jump on serve.

ogbg
09-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Uh, Safin is capable of beating anyone
Anyone?
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=S741&oId=F324

Vladoz
09-21-2012, 12:00 AM
you should also count in the pressure thing thats something nadal fed djo has overconquerd
pressure is something murray is bad in dealing with, this was his 5th GS title, he had nothing to loose...2 months earlier dissapointing the home nation in Wim, loosing to 31 year old guy

Next year, i see def. max 2 semifinal apperances, and like one K.O in 4th round, followed by a K.O in QF
Lendl going to mental hospital

Han Solo
09-21-2012, 12:02 AM

:bs:

Simply asserting something is not enough. If you want to be convincing, you have to support your assertions with reasoning and evidence.

So: what evidence do you have to support this claim that Murray is better than Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic on hardcourts? Are you basing it on matches played against them? If so, which matches? Are you basing it on H2H on hard courts? Are you basing it on slam matches only? Are you basing it on style of play? If so, what about Murray's style makes him more suited to hard courts than, say, Djokovic?

How do you know when Murray is at his "absolute best"? How do you know what this is? Have you got a point of comparison for Murray "at his absolute best" vs Federer at his "absolute best" to illustrate his superiority on hardcourts? What is this point of comparison? etc, etc.

ogbg
09-21-2012, 12:02 AM
pressure is something murray is bad in dealing with, this was his 5th GS title
Surely that's more pressure, no?

Moozza
09-21-2012, 12:04 AM
^

Owned in Wimbeldon? Hardly, he came second out of 128 losing in a close final.

The olympics is better than any tournament outside the slams, just ask the players.

Almost lost to Cilic? Almost lost from 2-0 up?
The key word there is 'almost'. All if's and but's, the fact is he won the tournament. Get over it.

Topspindoctor
09-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Few would argue that Nalbandian is a far more talented player than Slam winners like Murray, JMDP and others... and can produce far better tennis at his best.

But those players worked very hard to achieve what they have. Nalbandian never had their dedication and commitment, which is why he doesn't have a Slam, talent can only take you so far. Not to mention his mentality is questionable, even in that TMC 2005 final he was very, very close to choking big time in the fifth set.

Nalabandian's talent is a long standing myth perpetuated by people who know little to nothing about tennis or blind fangirls.

It's all well and good to say that player X "never had commitment" but at the end of the day it's simply more bullshit talk and excuses.

I am a pragmatist, who looks at facts, analyzes information and scrutinizes players very carefully before declaring them unworthy of winning slams. Nalbandian is definitely one of them. He is, perhaps, one of the most overrated players of all time. Never have I seen a tennis player with so many technical and physical weaknesses be praised to high heavens like he does by delusional clowns on this forum. Let's analyze his game, shall we?

Forehand: Atrocious shot. In fact, forehand along, cost Nalbandian countless matches when it broke down - and that happened often. Prone to absolutely random outbreaks of unforced errors.

Serve: Horrendous, WTA quality serve. Inconsistent FS, regularly being 50% or lower, hardly any aces, service winners or free points. Shaky second serve, prone to double faults.

Movement: average at best. Nowhere near the better movers of the game like Olderer, certainly nowehere near monstrous movers like Djoker/Nadal

Fitness: :superlol:

Volleys: Overrated. Decent, but there are way better volleyers.

Mental: weak. Mental strength is important in the sport and Nalbandian has as much mental strength as Safin's sister.

So he has a great backhand and good ROS. I am sorry, but that is not enough to hype the guy as a multi slam winner or claim he is talented. He made 1 (one) slam final in his career where he was thrashed by pusher Hewitt. He was never ever good enough to be a slam winner.

Every legend of the game has something outstanding about their game. Multiple weapons which made them champions. When you think of Olderer or Sampras you think serve and forehand. Nadal, movement/defense and forehand. Djoker backhand/RoS. Etc. Nalbandian has a pretty backhand, with a boatload of technical, physical and mental weaknesses which prevented him from being a force in the modern sport. Another overrated player like Rios - limited game but elevated to godhood by clueless armchair analysts who understand nothing about the game or what it takes to actually win, not hit a pretty shot once in a while. :o

BK 201
09-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Anyone?
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=S741&oId=F324

So those victories don't count? Safin in an injury plagued career could still beat a prime Federer who was at the peak of his powers whilst players can't even beat a past prime Federer today, I'm pretty sure Safin would take Nalbandian on any court if they played a final. Safin is far more gifted and is even mentally stronger (in his prime) due to the fact he really didn't care. Until 2009 where he won choker of the year (Nalbandian has won choker of the decade).

uxyzapenje
09-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Murray being a best HC player? What? Only this year Djokovic won about 2k points more then Murray only on HC. Be happy with the Slam win and stop talking BS about your 'absolute best Murray' when you know that if this is Murrays peak, 2006 Fed, 2011 Novak or 2010 Rafa would eat him alive, HC, grass, clay, anything...

ogbg
09-21-2012, 12:25 AM
So those victories don't count?
They both count, but the 10 losses count more surely.

I'm pretty sure Safin would take Nalbandian on any court if they played a final.
I'm pretty sure he would too.

Mark Lenders
09-21-2012, 12:27 AM
So those victories don't count? Safin in an injury plagued career could still beat a prime Federer who was at the peak of his powers whilst players can't even beat a past prime Federer today, I'm pretty sure Safin would take Nalbandian on any court if they played a final. Safin is far more gifted and is even mentally stronger (in his prime) due to the fact he really didn't care. Until 2009 where he won choker of the year (Nalbandian has won choker of the decade).

Safin would indeed beat Nalbandian most times with both playing their best tennis, but that doesn't mean he was necessarily better than Nalby. It's a good matchup for Marat, who can overpower David in BH exchanges.

They are pretty even when 'at their best' imo, Safin has much better serve and more power, Nalbandian edges it as far as return and angles are concerned.

Murray being a best HC player? What? Only this year Djokovic won about 2k points more then Murray only on HC. Be happy with the Slam win and stop talking BS about your 'absolute best Murray' when you know that if this is Murrays peak, 2006 Fed, 2011 Novak or 2010 Rafa would eat him alive, HC, grass, clay, anything...

Even non-peak Cilic was easily spanking him until he realized he could actually play in a Slam SF and completely imploded in what is surely one of the biggest meltdowns in GS history.

Topspindoctor
09-21-2012, 12:27 AM

Mandytards have gotten so arrogant fluke USO, it's unbelievable :o This pusher will not be getting favorable draw in AO, don't you doubt.

BK 201
09-21-2012, 12:29 AM
Nalabandian's talent is a long standing myth perpetuated by people who know little to nothing about tennis or blind fangirls.

It's all well and good to say that player X "never had commitment" but at the end of the day it's simply more bullshit talk and excuses.

I am a pragmatist, who looks at facts, analyzes information and scrutinizes players very carefully before declaring them unworthy of winning slams. Nalbandian is definitely one of them. He is, perhaps, one of the most overrated players of all time. Never have I seen a tennis player with so many technical and physical weaknesses be praised to high heavens like he does by delusional clowns on this forum. Let's analyze his game, shall we?

Forehand: Atrocious shot. In fact, forehand along, cost Nalbandian countless matches when it broke down - and that happened often. Prone to absolutely random outbreaks of unforced errors.

Serve: Horrendous, WTA quality serve. Inconsistent FS, regularly being 50% or lower, hardly any aces, service winners or free points. Shaky second serve, prone to double faults.

Movement: average at best. Nowhere near the better movers of the game like Olderer, certainly nowehere near monstrous movers like Djoker/Nadal

Mental: weak. Mental strength is important in the sport and Nalbandian has as much mental strength as Safin's sister.

So he has a great backhand and good ROS. I am sorry, but that is not enough to hype the guy as a multi slam winner or claim he is talented. He made 1 (one) slam final in his career where he was thrashed by pusher Hewitt. He was never ever good enough to be a slam winner.

Every legend of the game has something outstanding about their game. Multiple weapons which made them champions. When you think of Olderer or Sampras you think serve and forehand. Nadal, movement/defense and forehand. Djoker backhand/RoS. Etc. Nalbandian has a pretty backhand, with a boatload of technical, physical and mental weaknesses which prevented him from being a force in the modern sport. Another overrated player like Rios - limited game but elevated to godhood by clueless armchair analysts who understand nothing about the game or what it takes to actually win, not hit a pretty shot once in a while. :o

Actually in terms of mechanics, Nalbandian's stroke production is actually very efficient on both wings as it requires less energy and more timing. You're also wrong on the serve - Nalbandian's serve isn't bad from a technical standpoint, idiots who know nothing about the technical side of the game wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an in-sync kinetic chain from an out-of-sync chain (issues found on the WTA serve).

By the way, on the pro tour, shots only break down due to fatigue or nerves, not anything technical. If it was technical then they wouldn't be 7.0. Period.

ogbg
09-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Murray being a best HC player? What? Only this year Djokovic won about 2k points more then Murray only on HC.
Agreed, but Murray should claim to be one of the best grass players (81.3% carrer win-loss), although he never seems to acknowledge this fact.

End da Game
09-21-2012, 12:31 AM
it all goes downhill for mandy I'm afraid as explain in my reverse-roddick theory

ogbg
09-21-2012, 12:41 AM
By the way, on the pro tour, shots only break down due to fatigue or nerves, not anything technical. If it was technical then they wouldn't be 7.0. Period.
What breaks down first when you're tired or nervous?

Han Solo
09-21-2012, 12:43 AM
It's quite likely Murray could pick up another major in 2013 - he made two finals this season (aside from winning one!) which he had never done before. So he's clearly getting more consistent in the majors. Like others here, I'd expect Wimbledon (home support, better on grass than Djokovic) to be his best chance, although another US Open is possible, obviously. AO - I expect Djokovic to win this, possibly gaining revenge on Murray in the final; it's Djokovic's favourite major to play well. If Nadal manages to be in any kind of form going into AO then Murray's chances of major wins will be reduced dramatically. FO - surely Murray won't be able to win that, will he??

Saberq
09-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Fed at 31 at his best is still the best on hard.He is not at his best that often but still.It is a disgrace to say that any player let alone Mandy is better than him regardless of how he plays

BK 201
09-21-2012, 12:51 AM
What breaks down first when you're tired or nervous?

Every stroke starts with the movement obviously, if you can't move due to tiredness, then you will either mistime your stroke or be in a wrong position, then you've got the hip rotation to think about which allows for a solid stroke, all of this leads to the end product. Of course, it's different for us club players. Nerves is really mental which means you're beaten anyway.

On the ATP, pro's technique are so sound It's not going to be because of the amount of energy being spent on a shot; I've read the 'muscling the ball = break down shot' theory..............completely nonsense

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-21-2012, 01:38 AM
lets all relax.

murray beat djokovic in a final.

the murray nole matchup is strength vs strength- its always been whoever was playing better tennis on the day.

murray cant handle nadal- mental block

and federer is a finesse artist- doesnt matter what you do- if federer turns his game on you lose.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-21-2012, 01:42 AM

why does the doc hate nalby so much- whatever must he have done that scarred that fragile mind of the docs?

TCFdXTMuc64

Topspindoctor
09-21-2012, 01:48 AM
why does the doc hate nalby so much- whatever must he have done that scarred that fragile mind of the docs?

I don't give a shit, actually. Nadal has 11 slams, superior H2H, more titles - all at a much younger age than the overrated and overhyped Nalbandian :wavey: Hating that fat clown would seriously be embarrassing for any Nadal fan - it's not like there was some epic rivalrly - unless you count a 200m dash to next door maccas, in which case Nalby is GOAT.

Matt01
09-21-2012, 01:50 AM

:superlol:

Mountaindewslave
09-21-2012, 01:52 AM

although I think Nalbandian deserves a bit more credit (his forehand was really not that bad in his prime), this is a really a very good post. Topspin you hit it the nail on the head as far as what kind of talented game it takes to actually be the best players out there

hipolymer
09-21-2012, 01:55 AM

Cereal Killer
09-21-2012, 03:00 AM

Doesn't he hate everyone? :shrug: Aside from Nadal and a few others anyway.

GOATsol
09-21-2012, 03:03 AM
Doesn't he hate everyone? :shrug: Aside from Nadal and a few others anyway.
Yup, I think so.

I just wonder if he hates Murray more than Del Potro.

Cereal Killer
09-21-2012, 03:08 AM
I think it's just a defense mechanism.

Don't know who he hates more. Probably, whoever worries him more...

hisham70
09-21-2012, 05:20 AM
Not domination, but real contender for Nadal and Nole. Not to discount the GOAT (Federer), but at his age right now, he can announce retirement unexpectedly.

TBkeeper
09-21-2012, 05:40 AM
I don't give a shit, actually. Nadal has 11 slams, superior H2H, more titles - all at a much younger age than the overrated and overhyped Nalbandian :wavey: Hating that fat clown would seriously be embarrassing for any Nadal fan - it's not like there was some epic rivalrly - unless you count a 200m dash to next door maccas, in which case Nalby is GOAT.

Do now your pragmatism for Davy :D i just love the numerous negatives :D

jcempire
09-21-2012, 05:52 AM
ANDY MURRAY will be No 1 next year

mattpro
09-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Sapeod - 17 yo. That explains everything from him in this thread...

Allez
09-21-2012, 07:00 AM
In 2010 no one dreamed Nole would go on to dominate 2011. Won the DC and the rest is stuff of legend.

In 2012 Muzza won London 2012 and as we saw at the USO the rest is becoming the stuff of legend. Fed & Nole are no longer players for him to worry about. Rafa who is the only one Murray is yet to figure out is trying to recover from injury.

Sapeod is right. This is Murray's time. W Final. Olympic Gold. USO title and people still moan about lack of consistency at the highest levels :facepalm: What more could he he done this summer to convince all the haterz he's on his way :shrug:

tennishero
09-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Uh, Safin is capable of beating anyone, I think he's proved that (In slams no less), when Safin is at his best it doesn't matter which Nalbandian turns up he isn't winning. Roddick played completely average at US Open 2003 SF and managed to sneak Nalbandian playing his best tennis and leads the H2H. Nalbandian could have lost that match quite easily. These are facts that I submit to you.

i disagree about on this, that's your opinion. Safin never troubled Federer except in 05 which he barely scraped through... Roddick was a serve machine, nalbandian should have won in straight sets had he not been cheated by linesmen.

duong
09-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't think he will dominate but rather that he will win several slams and probably get to number 1 for some time

tennishero
09-21-2012, 10:02 AM

lol you must be trolling. still butthurt how nalby spanked nadal 6-0 6-1 6-2 6-4 in 2 consecutive masters...

either way, go watch another sport cause it's clear you don't know shit about tennis.

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Do I really need to make a list?

please do.

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 10:56 AM
i hope del potro meets murray in a slam final one day...

yes. Murray would win another slam. Unless somehow they meet on clay :shrug:

Saberq
09-21-2012, 11:23 AM
In 2010 no one dreamed Nole would go on to dominate 2011. Won the DC and the rest is stuff of legend.

In 2012 Muzza won London 2012 and as we saw at the USO the rest is becoming the stuff of legend. Fed & Nole are no longer players for him to worry about. Rafa who is the only one Murray is yet to figure out is trying to recover from injury.

Sapeod is right. This is Murray's time. W Final. Olympic Gold. USO title and people still moan about lack of consistency at the highest levels :facepalm: What more could he he done this summer to convince all the haterz he's on his way :shrug:

stop posting you pathetic mug

Apophis
09-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Who's Murray? You mean Grand Slam Champion Murray?

manadrainer
09-21-2012, 11:36 AM
I think the fact he finally won a slam might give him a huge boost. I see him winning another one next year. He has decent chances at AO/WIM/USO, I think he'll win one of those.

GOATsol
09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
He will not win a slam in 2013.

Nole Rules
09-21-2012, 11:56 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13dr6nTwy1rrkvbdo1_1280.gif

Roy Emerson
09-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Will win 6 or maybe 7 slams since he started winning them at 25. Lendl was 24.....

The weakest era ever is approaching with the subpar early 90s generation which is the worst ever and Murray has the least mileage of the top 4, advantage Murray.

Will win 1 or 2 WTF eventually since he is pretty good indoors.

Will become #1 next year and I can see him winning 2 slams in 2013.

Will never win RG but will win the other 3 slams.

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1150289/ftennis.gif

Roy Emerson
09-21-2012, 12:18 PM

Nalbandian is almost as old as Federer. He peaked in the wrong era. :sad: Murray will be peaking in the post 2012 era when Fedal are over the hill and Djokovic will have 600+ matches which is when players begin to decline in the modern era(after 1990s).

Nr 1 Fan
09-21-2012, 12:39 PM

:worship: that's classic Andy:worship: :D

paseo
09-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Golden Boy will start next year by winning AO. Book it.

Cereal Killer
09-21-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm kind of embarrassed by this thread. :o

I think he will win another slam, but why oh why do people have to be so over the top all the time? I don't get it. It hasn't even been 2 weeks since he won his first one.

DJ Soup
09-21-2012, 02:46 PM
people are overreacting. Did you guys watch Murray's run at this USO? It wasn't that convincing. Federer or a no-wind Djokovic would has beaten Murray. Hell almost Lopez did, or no wind Berdych would have done. He got lucky, but he deserves it, definitively.
Murray will be the same guy in the next slams, he's not gonna be dominating whatsoever.

Cereal Killer
09-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... But failed.

saviopr
09-21-2012, 03:14 PM
people are overreacting. Did you guys watch Murray's run at this USO? It wasn't that convincing. Federer or a no-wind Djokovic would has beaten Murray. Hell almost Lopez did, or no wind Berdych would have done. He got lucky, but he deserves it, definitively.
Murray will be the same guy in the next slams, he's not gonna be dominating whatsoever.

Its all. Murray dont play his best tennis at USO, but it was enough.

Voo de Mar
09-21-2012, 03:34 PM
Murray is very likely going to reach No. 1 in 2013, will he finish next year as the best player in the world? I don't know, it depends on other guys too, but the last two months he's showed that kind of tennis which entitles to expect a few Grand Slam titles ahead.

Moozza
09-21-2012, 03:38 PM
He will not win a slam in 2013.

Just like he was never going to win a slam ever?

duarte_a
09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Just like he was never going to win a slam ever?

Just like he was going to win his first slam in 2008?

Just like he was going to win his first slam in 2009?

Just like he was going to win his first slam in 2010?

Just like he was going to win his first slam in 2011?

mystic ice cube
09-21-2012, 04:09 PM
I think Murray's year is next year. He is playing better than the top 3 at the moment and it just feels like his time. I have my doubts though, and I still think Djokovic is a better hard court player than Murray with both playing their best tennis. There is also the issue of Murrays consistency, although I think the USO victory will do his confidence wonders.

I expect him to win AO, but everything is up in the air after that.

rocketassist
09-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I think Murray's year is next year. He is playing better than the top 3 at the moment and it just feels like his time. I have my doubts though, and I still think Djokovic is a better hard court player than Murray with both playing their best tennis. There is also the issue of Murrays consistency, although I think the USO victory will do his confidence wonders.

One slam and the #1 ranking for at least 1 week are realistic targets.

2 slams or more is overkill/overhype (when you consider he's only a contender for 3 of the 4 anyway)

duong
About the age when Murray won his first slam, I realized that it's comparable to Vilas, Ashe, Smith and a little bit younger than Nastase, players who won between 2 and 4 slams (it's also quite the same age as Krajicek who only won one but I really don't think Murray is the "one slam wonder" kind :lol: )

None of the players winning 5 slams or more in the open era won their first slam that old.

I don't mean that no way he will win 5 slams,especially as the competition will probably get worse as he gets older, but I mean this kind of target (4-5 slams) can be seen as reasonable from these stats.

For next years I still see Djokovic and Nadal as most likely superior.

But getting to number 1 one day I think he will, as neither Djokovic and Nadal look solid enough to prevent that always.

Besides, for 2013, recent years have rather been upside down, one year contradicting the previous one, then next year I would rather predict will be Djokovic's and Nadal's one ;) But Murray clearly has a big chance at Wimbledon.

duarte_a

If by at the moment you mean tge finals match at the US Open then yes he played better or less worse than djokovic and roger wasn't playing ....

If you mean the summer then Roger played clearly better than murray and one match, his QF loss, doesn't change that.

finishingmove
09-21-2012, 04:13 PM
one or two slams, no #1.

Super Djoker
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM

Better than Fed ? No chance , we all knew this would go to your head ! And now after winning threw in 5 v Djokovic he is going to dominate tennis ! Get a grip sapeod ! He has just won 1 slam barely by the skin of his teeth and know he,s gonna get another 5 and get past Djokovic without Novak winning 1 , Novak has actually beaten Rafa on Clay and taken a set off him at the French and you think Murray,s set to dominate . You really make me laugh !

BK 201
09-21-2012, 04:40 PM
About the age when Murray won his first slam, I realized that it's comparable to Vilas, Ashe, Smith and a little bit younger than Nastase, players who won between 2 and 4 slams (it's also quite the same age as Krajicek who only won one but I really don't think Murray is the "one slam wonder" kind :lol: )

Krajicek is a one slam winner on a surface in which that time there were more than three capable players, do people also forget Krajicek had many injury problems, not to mention being bonkers on court. Seeing as Murray with an injury free career outside 2007 has made only one slam it's not a guarantee he will win many more.

Super Djoker
09-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I think Murray did great to win the US Open let's put it in perspective . This is his first at 25 ! Sooner rather than later younger players are going to start breaking threw I don,t see anyone dominating ! Specially not Murray

Sanya
09-21-2012, 04:51 PM
I think Murray did great to win the US Open let's put it in perspective . This is his first at 25 ! Sooner rather than later younger players are going to start breaking threw I don,t see anyone dominating ! Specially not Murray

Young players who will break through current top are in kindergarten now it seems. :)

Moozza
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM

If by at the moment you mean tge finals match at the US Open then yes he played better or less worse than djokovic and roger wasn't playing ....

If you mean the summer then Roger played clearly better than murray and one match, his QF loss, doesn't change that.

Murray has had a better summer than Federer.

1 slam, 1 slam final + Gold medal > 1 slam,`1 slam QF, 1 Masters + Silver medal

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM

agreed.

you can't dispute that

Moozza
09-21-2012, 05:31 PM
agreed.

you can't dispute that

I'm sure that won't stop them trying.

TigerTim
09-21-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm sure that won't stop them trying.

afraid so

awaiting the barrage of abuse and idiotic statements.

Mountaindewslave
09-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Murray is very likely going to reach No. 1 in 2013, will he finish next year as the best player in the world? I don't know, it depends on other guys too, but the last two months he's showed that kind of tennis which entitles to expect a few Grand Slam titles ahead.

how is he 'very likely'? he won 1 of the 4 Grand Slams in 2012 and his other big title was worth 800 points. the odds as far as advantages going into the 2013 season are less in his favor position wise than Federer and Djokovic BUT possibly if he runs with great momentum into 2013 who knows.

but if Murray loses early in his next tournament this whole thread will look very silly, he's certainly not known as a player who carries confidence and great form with him for a particularly long time

Sanya
09-21-2012, 05:51 PM

It depends on how you count. And wasn`t June to be summer`s month as well? :scratch: :p

Murray: 4490 points earned in summer.
Federer: 4680 points earned in summer.

4680 > 4490. :p :)

syc23
09-21-2012, 05:56 PM
how is he 'very likely'? he won 1 of the 4 Grand Slams in 2012 and his other big title was worth 800 points. the odds as far as advantages going into the 2013 season are less in his favor position wise than Federer and Djokovic BUT possibly if he runs with great momentum into 2013 who knows.

but if Murray loses early in his next tournament this whole thread will look very silly, he's certainly not known as a player who carries confidence and great form with him for a particularly long time

If he is judged on slam performances in the last 8 slams, he has reached 1QF, 4SFs, 2RUs and a W - if that is not consistent, I don't know what is.

Face it haters, his career is on a upward trajectory as Fed and Rafa is slowly declining. It's Nole & Andy time now.

Voo de Mar
09-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Over the past 19 months he's been performing very well, and has reached a new promising level after Olympics and US Open, if he keeps this tendency he may reach No. 1 in 2013 because Djokovic and Federer have more points to defend in the first three months of the next season. If Murray wins Australian Open and at least one out of two big American tournaments, his chances look good. I assume he will start from a better position than he currently holds given a few tournaments left in 2012.

Andi-M
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Although it sounds ridiculous what Sapeod has said in one way. No-one could have predicted Novak would win 3/4 slams in 2011 and potentially be one rain-delay away from holding all 4 slams at once. If some-one predicted that back in 2010 they would have been laughed off the forum.

I wouldn't be suprised if Andy won 2 or 3 slams next year i woldnt be suprised if he won 0 slams either. such is sport such is life!

i do however expect this USO victory will allow him to release himself from the shackles and burdens of expectations and play with more freedom and confidence which could equate to amazing things. Andy on his 'A' game can be devastatingly good. I'm just excited what the future holds for Andy, now has has his slam no-one can take it away from him. Let's just see how good he can really be!

GOATsol
09-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Unfortunately, Pushray did have a better summer than Noserer. :(

Sapeod
09-21-2012, 11:46 PM
With the pathetic level that the current newcomers are playing at, Murray would very easily dominate the sport if Nadal/Federer/Djokovic weren't around. Even then, he can still dominate if he plays his peak with a lot of confidence. The other 3 haven't exactly being amazing for quite a while now.

GOATsol
09-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Also--the ONLY reason Murray will win another slam is because of the lack of competition unless he raises his game. Mugray did NOTHING special this USO, just played the same level he's been playing, arguably worse, but had favorable circumstances. He deserved the slam, yes, but a lot of things went well for him.

So nothing leads me to believe that he'll start dominating unless we're in for a super weak era. I would feel differently if murray actually played well to win.

Cereal Killer
09-21-2012, 11:54 PM
That says really more about the competition than about him. He did what needed to be done.

rocketassist
09-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Also--the ONLY reason Murray will win another slam is because of the lack of competition unless he raises his game. Mugray did NOTHING special this USO, just played the same level he's been playing, arguably worse, but had favorable circumstances. He deserved the slam, yes, but a lot of things went well for him.

So nothing leads me to believe that he'll start dominating unless we're in for a super weak era. I would feel differently if murray actually played well to win.

He played well enough in three of his slam final runs (USO 08, AO 10 and W 12) to warrant those titles but like any player who faces Fed, those matches are in Roger's hands (he had his chances to win Wimbledon still)

Quite a few guys won their slam not playing as well as some of the tournaments they lost, this is not a new one I could name plenty of them.

GOATsol
09-21-2012, 11:59 PM
He played well enough in three of his slam final runs (USO 08, AO 10 and W 12) to warrant those titles but like any player who faces Fed, those matches are in Roger's hands (he had his chances to win Wimbledon still)

Quite a few guys won their slam not playing as well as some of the tournaments they lost, this is not a new one I could name plenty of them.
Exactly--but what about his level of play in this slam tells us that he'll dominate next year if he plays the same way?

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Exactly--but what about his level of play in this slam tells us that he'll dominate next year if he plays the same way?

He won't be dominating anything- his goals should be 1 slam (to become a multi-slam winner) and the #1 ranking at some point in the year.

GOATsol
09-22-2012, 12:06 AM
He won't be dominating anything- his goals should be 1 slam (to become a multi-slam winner) and the #1 ranking at some point in the year.
He won't be #1 next year. :lol:

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 12:09 AM
He won't be #1 next year. :lol:

Not even for 1 week? I wouldn't be so sure. He has Bercy, WTF, maybe Rotterdam, IW and the clay season to gather extra points not to mention even making the AO final adds more points to his total and he's defending Tokyo, Shanghai and Dubai.

Whilst the 4 guys are sharing the slams, it's a much easier task to get there. Don't rule it out.

Tag
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
murray won't ever win RG. simply isn't good enough on the surface and clearly doesn't show any inclination to work at it (no clay 250s entered, enters barca 500 where his lover nadal is, horrendous movement/groundstrokes)

he could win wimbledon if he lowered his first serve mph slightly, in order to get a higher percentage and more spin on it. he would also need to use the DTL backhand more and finish a lot more points at the net. unlikely, but once, maybe

really, AO and USO are his best bets. unfortunately for him, djokovic is a beast at AO (one more title there, makes him equal/better than federer/agassi on the surface, for me). so that leaves US, he'll probably win another at some point

for next year, if he actually bothers his arse with clay, he can certainly become no 1 at some point

Andi-M
09-22-2012, 12:12 AM

You're acting like USO is the first time you've seen Murray play, is it?

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 12:16 AM
Mandy to win both RG and Wimbledon next year without dropping a single set or losing his serve. C'mon!!! :rocker2:

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 12:37 AM
CYGS! Going 106-0...

Saberq
09-22-2012, 12:56 AM
rocketassist at full bandwagon mode I see

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 12:59 AM

I'm quite a balanced and fair analyst. Always have been. More than you anyway.

GOATsol
09-22-2012, 01:00 AM
You're acting like USO is the first time you've seen Murray play, is it?
Don't worry, I watched him get crushed in 4 gs finals. ;)

GOATsol
09-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Mandy to win both RG and Wimbledon next year without dropping a single set or losing his serve. C'mon!!! :rocker2:
:worship:

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 01:01 AM

He's the only Murray fan who keeps saying that Murray isn't as talented as the other three. You should happily agree with him on that.

Prepositions are your friends btw.

Saberq
09-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm quite a balanced and fair analyst. Always have been. More than you anyway.

never said you werent just saying you are on the bandwagon now

BroTree123
09-22-2012, 02:03 AM
I think he will win all four grand slams next year. I think his forehand is so much better than Noserer, Nadull and Fakervic's now. He is the best player in the planet at the moment, and I think he will continue dominate in the next several years if he keeps this up. He will save tennis. Vamos!! :rocker2:

Mountaindewslave
09-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Over the past 19 months he's been performing very well, and has reached a new promising level after Olympics and US Open, if he keeps this tendency he may reach No. 1 in 2013 because Djokovic and Federer have more points to defend in the first three months of the next season. If Murray wins Australian Open and at least one out of two big American tournaments, his chances look good. I assume he will start from a better position than he currently holds given a few tournaments left in 2012.

I think 'may' is a fair thing to say, but this band wagoning is getting out of control. only IF he manages to close out 2012 very strongly will it become 'likely'. he's far behind in points right now and is infamous for having his ups and downs.

I don't mean to be a negative Ned but the general assumption with Murray should not be that he will win slams, but that he won't. it's bizarre to me how one slam win at his 5th try and suddenly people expect him to swing through the rest of the season and into 2013 and into the #1 ranking.

Time will tell I suppose, but I am much less convinced by the US Open than some of you. it will sound like a broken record, but high winds and good luck truly did help Murray win his slam. what's happens the next grand slam when luck is not in his favor :o :rolleyes:

certainly his best chances will come next clay season where he (as usual) has so much room to gain points due to his previous results the season before. I just don't see it happening, but who knows

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 02:22 AM
never said you werent just saying you are on the bandwagon now

US Open juniors 2004 was the first match I watched this kid in. Some bandwagon.

Mountaindewslave
09-22-2012, 02:29 AM

you certainly did not post this highly about the Scott 5 months ago, and certainly did not have him as your picture and sig until recently... so yeah... a bit of band wagon

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 02:31 AM
you certainly did not post this highly about the Scott 5 months ago, and certainly did not have him as your picture and sig until recently... so yeah... a bit of band wagon

LOL.

MTF - Meet the Fools.

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 02:34 AM

Not true. He had him in his sig for quite awhile before that. Along with guys like Nalbandian, Raonic (if I remember correctly) and others.

So obviously, Murray fans are not allowed to be more excited than they usually are, when the guy finally wins the big one. Understood. It's only been 7 years after all

rocketassist
09-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Not true. He had him in his sig for quite awhile before that. Along with guys like Nalbandian, Raonic (if I remember correctly) and others.

So obviousaly, Murray fans are not allowed to be excited when the guy finally wins the big one. Understood.

No fan should ever be allowed to celebrate his fave's biggest win especially when he's followed him for eight years. BAN HIM.

Mark Lenders
09-22-2012, 02:36 AM

Did it ever occur to you that Murray winning a Slam for the first time might have something to do with him changing his display picture to Murray holding the trophy :rolleyes:?

And Murray was in his sig before, along with his other favorites. He's just being given more sig room now because... well ... he won a fucking Grand Slam title.

What you call bandwagoning any reasonable person calls being excited because one of his favorites won a Grand Slam.

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 02:36 AM
Agreed. Such a disgrace to the entire fanbase.

Topspindoctor
09-22-2012, 02:38 AM
I can confirm that rocketassist was a Murray fan at least as long as I can remember - by no means a bandwagoner. He's just not obnoxious like certain fangirls (Sapeod, Feldman) and now finally has a reason to celebrate.

Nole Rules
09-22-2012, 02:52 AM

Action Jackson
09-22-2012, 03:00 AM

Please don't talk about subjects you don't have a clue about. Considering there is a monthly bandwagon award going around here for years, it's very easy to know who is on it.

Picked the wrong person to label a bandwagoner. He talks about other players as well which might be hard for you to fathom. Murray won his first GS, he is a long term Murray fan so lets see a bit of joy is allowed for their first Slam win.

Forehander
09-22-2012, 05:54 AM

I just discovered my new signature. Best post ever :worship:

Tag
09-22-2012, 08:36 AM
i'm sure i read somewhere from the OP that, according to him, murray was better than sampras on hard court...

still, he's the favourite for the AO if djokovic falls under the pressure of making/equaling history

duong
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM

Djokovic still has a big advantage over him for the points earned after the first three months of 2012 thanks to clay season. Even Fed has more points than him.

Murray can get to number 1 for sure but it's more likely that Djokovic is number 1 in 6 months from now than Murray.

I think Murray will get to number 1 one day but when ? I don't know.

TigerTim
09-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Agreed. Such a disgrace to the entire fanbase.

Indeed, a disgusting Mugray tard.

Now that Murray has won I slam I am supporting Ferrero, no bandwagoning for me.

Saberq
09-22-2012, 12:11 PM

nothing bad about it man.I am on Novak's bandwagon since 2005 LOL

Sofonda Cox
09-22-2012, 04:53 PM

Sorry Andy, even a baseball bat won't help that face.

Allez
09-22-2012, 05:33 PM
With 2 of the biggest titles this summer Murray's the best player in the world right now. Haterz haven been hating since the world began. Nothing new there :p

Saberq
09-22-2012, 05:49 PM
With 2 of the biggest titles this summer Murray's the best player in the world right now. Haterz haven been hating since the world began. Nothing new there :p

I pity you

TigerTim
09-22-2012, 05:51 PM
I pity you

Haha, another sad hater!

Allez
09-22-2012, 05:57 PM
I pity you

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/ivanban/tumblr_m55of1X8921qij2euo1_400.gif

BK 201
09-22-2012, 07:01 PM

Djokovic has won a slam and has made the finals of the FO and US Open, Federer has won a bunch of 1000 titles next to his Wimbledon title. Overall I'd say it's been pretty even, Murray has just came into real form this last couple of months.

Allez
09-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Djokovic has won a slam and has made the finals of the FO and US Open, Federer has won a bunch of 1000 titles next to his Wimbledon title. Overall I'd say it's been pretty even, Murray has just came into real form this last couple of months.

RIGHT NOW

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
That term is really hard to understand it seems.

BK 201
09-22-2012, 07:27 PM
RIGHT NOW

Yet he's not ranked #1. Funny that isn't it?

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Allez
09-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Yet he's not ranked #1. Funny that isn't it?

Yeah...really funny

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2008/01/28/cnsDijana_Djokovic_narrowweb__300x403,0.jpg

BK 201
09-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Yep, let's all ignore the rankings......

28th June - Rosol was the best player in the world.

See what I did there?

Sanya
09-22-2012, 07:39 PM
"Now" is very stupid word in this meaning. If Tsonga takes title tomorrow he will be the best player right now? "Now" is overrated. :o

Looner
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
"Now" is very stupid word in this meaning. If Tsonga takes title tomorrow he will be the best player right now? "Now" is overrated. :o

Exactly, it's not as if Murray's gone on a winning spree or anything. He won the Olympics and USO and in between lost like a mug. He's certainly no favourite in BO3 indoors.

Allez
09-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Yep, let's all ignore the rankings......

28th June - Rosol was the best player in the world.

See what I did there?

Yeah, you just asked to be bumped off this thread...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UWkr10mKgHI/T-3D6AZgo5I/AAAAAAAAADE/GJGGsHP3FsA/s1600/h.gif

Cereal Killer
09-22-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm obviously the best player right now. I haven't lost a single match all year.

Han Solo
09-22-2012, 08:31 PM
It's a fair comment - it's not like Murray has only won an isolated event here: he's been in the finals of the last three most important tennis tournaments, and won two of them. So he's got the form right now...

paseo
09-22-2012, 11:25 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UWkr10mKgHI/T-3D6AZgo5I/AAAAAAAAADE/GJGGsHP3FsA/s1600/h.gif

Wonder what Golden Boy would've done in that situation.

Johnny Groove
09-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Sky's the limit, really. Just gotta stay healthy, cause Fedal don't have too many years left, and Nole will surely burn out before Muzz. Murray will win some slams and be the top dog when the next dominant Sampras/Federer player comes along, whoever he may be.

BK 201
09-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Sky's the limit, really. Just gotta stay healthy, cause Fedal don't have too many years left, and Nole will surely burn out before Muzz. Murray will win some slams and be the top dog when the next dominant Sampras/Federer player comes along, whoever he may be.

One slam win which was due to circumstance and the sky is the limit? Seriously? He needed the stars to align for his US Open win and still needed a lot of help in the final.

Johnny Groove
09-22-2012, 11:52 PM
One slam win which was due to circumstance and the sky is the limit? Seriously? He needed the stars to align for his US Open win and still needed a lot of help in the final.

He'd been knocking on the door for years, much like Lendl. Ivan ended up with 8 slams and many years as #1 :shrug:

Topspindoctor
09-23-2012, 01:56 AM
He'd been knocking on the door for years, much like Lendl. Ivan ended up with 8 slams and many years as #1 :shrug:

Yeah...Ivan actually had talent unlike Mandy.

Brick Top
09-23-2012, 02:04 AM
2 or 3 slams at max..

uxyzapenje
09-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Murray won't dominate shit bcs on a good day any big (or even semi big) hitter can beat him... Lopez and Cilic were pretty close in USO... And Chardy beat him 2 weeks before that. He will win more Slams, but dominate a la 2006, 2010, 2011 (you know who), hell no!

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Yeah...Ivan actually had talent unlike Mandy.

Affirmative. Mandy Mugray - the biggest overachiever this sport has ever seen.

Topspindoctor
09-23-2012, 02:48 AM
Affirmative. Mandy Mugray - the biggest overachiever this sport has ever seen.

Let's not go overboard here, Noserer has 17 slams after all.

Roy Emerson
09-23-2012, 03:31 AM

Not really. This is the current state of the ATP. Djokovic is not as good as in 2011. 10 titles in 2011 vs. just 3 titles this year. Big difference. 2011 was his peak year. Now he is past his peak and this his prime level we are seeing this year. Federer and Nadal are declining. Federer has not made the final of a HC slam in almost 3 years now for a reason. Nadal is getting more and more injury prone. Murray is beginning to peak at the right time. 2013 will be his true peak year.

Allez
09-23-2012, 08:06 AM

Which stars would those be ? The guy faced the world number 2 AND 5 time GS champion to win his 1st slam. Who did Fedal face for theirs? Nole ? Some alignment of stars :facepalm: The golden boy from dunblane played his heart out at Wimbledon, narrowly missing out on the title, destroyed the field including no.s 1 & 2 to grab the gold in London and then fought off the elements and challengers to win in NY. Nothing flukey about his USO win. His time has come. Believe it. ;)

Moozza
09-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Wonder what the haters will say when Murray wins his next slam?

Marcoo
09-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Murray will be very determinated to win in a Slam again but I think Djkokovic or Federer will fight as well

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Wonder what the haters will say when Murray wins his next slam?

Two-slam-wonder, three-slam-wonder... etc. Nothing but a big, fat fluke.

Sanya
09-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Two-slam-wonder, three-slam-wonder... etc. Nothing but a big, fat fluke.

Well, then he would be in solid company with five-slam-wonder Nole, not that bad. :p :)

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Well, then he would be in solid company with five-slam-wonder Nole, not that bad. :p :)

True. I wonder how long this fluke will last.

Oh and you will hear plenty of: "He will never win another one."

TigerTim
09-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Let's not go overboard here, Noserer has 17 slams after all.

At least Noserer can hit a forehand :shrug:

Mugrays forehand looks like it's being played by a chicken on weed

mystic ice cube
09-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Oh bullshit. That's like saying Federers win at RG 2009 wasn't relevant because Nadal didn't meet him in the final. You beat who is put in front of you. Don't make this a competition between tennis players.

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 12:50 PM
At least Noserer can hit a forehand :shrug:

Mugrays forehand looks like it's being played by a chicken on weed

And that girly second serve... :o

pepita1964
09-23-2012, 01:02 PM
I want to see Federer vs Murray on clay at French Open it will be really fun. I liked
their match at Wimbeldon final it was a great quality.At OG final Federer was somewhere but not on the court.IMO Wimbledon final was the best to other GS finals this year. Murray and Djokovic have the same style of play it is boring but I love Federer vs Djokovic matches does not matter who will win their matches are just great

Sanya
09-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I want to see Federer vs Murray on clay at French Open it will be really fun. I liked
their match at Wimbeldon final it was a great quality.At OG final Federer was somewhere but not on the court.IMO Wimbledon final was the best to other GS finals this year. Murray and Djokovic have the same style of play it is boring but I love Federer vs Djokovic matches does not matter who will win their matches are just great

And I want Kirilenko to be my girlfriend. Unfortunatly, both things`ll never happen. :sad: But, yeh, at least one time Murrderer should play one another on clay, for data at least.

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Why not? It could happen.

Sapeod
09-23-2012, 06:14 PM
As usual, a thread about Murray turns into a riot. Typical MTF, you will never change :rolleyes:

Sapeod
09-23-2012, 06:17 PM
It's safe to say if Roger/Nadal/Djokovic falling, Andy will dominate for a while. They are the only players around that can beat Andy and make him work for wins consistently. There are literally no threats in the "up-and-comers". None of them can or ever will beat Andy until he's in his 30s where they might have a chance if they play well.

Seriously, if nobody comes up in the next two years, then Andy will dominate.

EliSter
09-23-2012, 06:18 PM
It's safe to say if Roger/Nadal/Djokovic falling, Andy will dominate for a while. They are the only players around that can beat Andy and make him work for wins consistently. There are literally no threats in the "up-and-comers". None of them can or ever will beat Andy until he's in his 30s where they might have a chance if they play well.

Chardy begs to differ...

Sapeod
09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Chardy begs to differ...
Chardy? You mean the player who beat Andy when he was playing like utter shit? :lol: Chardy :lol:
Good luck beating him after he's won a slam and has finally gotten that pressure off his back :haha:
If Andy's on, a scrub like Chardy is just an ant that will be crushed :)

Mark Lenders
09-23-2012, 06:33 PM
And I want Kirilenko to be my girlfriend. Unfortunatly, both things`ll never happen. :sad: But, yeh, at least one time Murrderer should play one another on clay, for data at least.

Yeah, sorry about that, don't think she's leaving my bedroom any time soon ;) :p

syc23
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Chardy begs to differ...

Deluded.

With your logic then Murray should have his USO trophy taken off him and handed to Chardy because the frog had beaten him at Cincy and is the 'real' USO champ. :rolleyes:

Mountaindewslave
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM

do you really believe this? I know it's his worst surface, but for example, Murray lost to Ferrer at Roland Garros. he can lose to other players and quite frankly he's a bit fortunate that the game has no depth. there is a great top 5 but the rest of the tour is struggling. not many threats. in a few years that could change. he will need to act soon, while Djokovic/Fed/Nadal are still around and playing decently if he wants to win more slams because otherwise he will risk younger great players from showing up

you are getting overly excited Sapeod, Andy Murray will never 'dominate' but he might win a slam or two more. he does not have the game to win all the time, every season we see him getting hit off the court every tournament here and there by a big hitter and it will keep happening.

you act like the pressure being off of his shoulders will help, but for all you know the expectations for him to keep winning might go to his head. be a little bit more modest, you haven't even seen him preform since the US OPen yet

EliSter
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Deluded.

With your logic then Murray should have his USO trophy taken off him and handed to Chardy because the frog had beaten him at Cincy and is the 'real' USO champ. :rolleyes:

Couldnt said it better myself.

TigerTim
09-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Tbh I agree.

Chardy is the true 2012 USo champ.

Tag
09-23-2012, 10:13 PM
federer - murray at RG :haha:

that's like sampras - muster on grass :spit:

TigerTim
09-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Murray would triple bagel Frauderer

Fluked slam in 09. Nearly lost to Haas and Mug. And another mug. Clownderling fluke win.

09 trophy belongs in Mallorca. Fed rip old hole in new ball.

Sanya
09-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Murray would triple bagel Frauderer

Fluked slam in 09. Nearly lost to Haas and Mug. And another mug. Clownderling fluke win.

09 trophy belongs in Mallorca. Fed rip old hole in new ball.

Trying too hard, be more natural. :)

TigerTim
09-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Trying too hard, be more natural. :)

This was not natural.

That backhand miss was not natural

That pink shirt was not natural

That years winner was disgustingly unnatural.

The whole thing was as natural as a a tree with a speech impediment.

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Too much competition this year. He has to try hard.

Moozza
09-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Murray will win the next 18 slams.

Cereal Killer
09-23-2012, 10:30 PM
GOATray!! :rocker2:

Sanya
09-23-2012, 10:30 PM
This was not natural.

That backhand miss was not natural

That pink shirt was not natural

That years winner was disgustingly unnatural.

The whole thing was as natural as a a tree with a speech impediment.

I like your sense of humor, great poster. :yeah:

Murray will win the next 18 slams.

He can`t, I feel that Richie is finally ready to win his first 2-3 Slams next year, France needs new legend if Monfils and Tsonga failed. :p

TigerTim
09-23-2012, 10:32 PM
I like your sense of humor, great poster. :yeah:

Are you trolling me? You don't agree? Wow!

:p

Sanya
09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Are you trolling me? You don't agree? Wow!

:p

:lol:

On serious note I almost had a few heart attacks during those two weeks, it isn`t the tournament I like to remember that much. :)