Metz R2: Mayer def. Blake 6-7, 6-3, 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Metz R2: Mayer def. Blake 6-7, 6-3, 6-4

Sanya
09-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I was watching the last set, solid tennis. Mayer was on the ropes at *2-3 and *3-4, saved plenty bps. James served excellent and his game was complete - didn`t see it happening for a long time. Only his footwork didn`t look well to me. And suddenly from nowhere I realise that he faced bp at 4-4 after having 40-15 on serve. Couldn`t save his life with serve, even made one df on game point. :facepalm: First victory for Mayer over american in fourth attempt.

As I feel it better player in 3 set lost. Happy for Flo, but feel sorry for James more. :sad:

P.S. Indoor tennis. :drool:

Deathless Mortal
09-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Dat tweener lob :worship:

seljanin
09-19-2012, 04:31 PM
James :sad: Played so damn well today. That one point, when Blake won with between-the-legs lob winner was amazing :worship: James was threatening to break in the 3rd set, but missed couple of his shots by a whisker in decisive moments. Mayer took his chance immediately and acknowledged in the post match interview that he was really lucky to win this.

Overall it was a great match to watch. But really sad for James.

kiriri***
09-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Great match both of them:D

Blake was super aggressive both sides as usual and he hit fantastic between legs lob:D
Mayer was using slice and he hit some good volleys as usual:D

v-money
09-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I watched the last set and I thought the tennis was of good quality for the majority of that set.

Mayer saved plenty of break points and mostly through his own aggressive play, although Blake should have done better...he had at least two bp opportunities where he made an UE.

Blake really made a mess of it at 40-15 up, serving for a 5-4 lead. Mayer hit two returns that were pretty average. The first return he just awkwardly ran into and was jammed, and the second return at 40-30 was just a poke to the back of the court. Blake didn't take advantage on either of the points and hit unforced errors...this took the game to duece and ultimately Blake was broken.

Good win for Flo. He's been pretty inconsistent this year but this is a hard-fought victory.

Sombrerero loco
09-19-2012, 08:33 PM
nice flo. surprised the match was not easier though

Guy_American
09-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Well, Mayer was playing impressive tennis on his own serve, was so confident and I didn't even have any doubts that he will not lose a single game on his serve (although he did in the first set). Blake did lots of unforced errors and Mayer took advantage of that. I knew Mayer would win, I won $40 on this match :)

uxyzapenje
09-20-2012, 10:36 AM
James :sad: Dissapointing, Mayer is a player who should be beatable for him...

Hian-GOAT
09-20-2012, 11:22 AM
James :sad: Dissapointing, Mayer is a player who should be beatable for him...

:spit: So delusional :wavey:

Well done Flo :cool: