If a professional logged onto here... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If a professional logged onto here...

Wing Man Frank
09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
What do you think the forum would be able to convince them of?

1) Ferrer is a vulture
2) Childish nicknames like Nadull, Olderer etc are being used by adults
3) Federer's achievments were in a mug era

etc etc

Add your own.

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 04:47 PM
They would laugh

And then cry. Thinking tennis fans are a bunch of retards.

motorhead
09-18-2012, 04:49 PM
I know it can sound funny but I've got a friend who told me Ferrer is aware of this vulture nickname he has on the web.

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I know it can sounds funny but I've got a friend who told me Ferrer is aware of this vulture nickname he has on the web.

Lol, your friend must be playing with you

Or..........:eek:

motorhead
09-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Lol, your friend must be playing with you

Or..........:eek:

he works in the spaniard stuff of davis cup so I very doubt he was joking.

Wing Man Frank
09-18-2012, 04:53 PM
he works in the spaniard stuff of davis cup so I very doubt he was joking.

Can only hope Ferrer plays a shit load more 250's next year.

Hypnotize
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
What do you think the forum would be able to convince them of?

1) Ferrer is a vulture
2) Childish nicknames like Nadull, Olderer etc are being used by adults
3) Federer's achievments were in a mug era

etc etc

Add your own.
4) This forum is full of idiots who don't even watch tennis.

TigerTim
:haha: this is too good. Poor Ferru!

motorhead
I just hope mark lenders never runs into him somehow.

rocketassist
09-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Nole reads it.

True fact.

Slasher1985
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
I just hope mark lenders never runs into him somehow.

You mean that you hope Ferrer never runs into Mark Lenders, literally, over and over and over...:haha:

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Nole reads it.

True fact.

He's probably stopped reading it recently :lol:

Deathless Mortal
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I know it can sound funny but I've got a friend who told me Ferrer is aware of this vulture nickname he has on the web.

:haha:

Pics :sad: :confused:

Wing Man Frank
09-18-2012, 05:03 PM

I assume that's a case of you speaking for yourself?

uxyzapenje
09-18-2012, 05:10 PM
They would think fans think they are all mugs. Then they would think 'What the fuck does being a mug mean?'

motorhead
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
:lol:

uxyzapenje
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
And Lenders, you should avoid running into Ferrer if you don't like being hit in the head with a racquet...

motorhead
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
besides I'm pretty sure Fognini had an account a couple of years ago. not sure if he fits in the professional category though

Thunderfish8
09-18-2012, 05:17 PM
They'd probably learn quite a lot:

1. Tennis fans do not understand the difference between fact and opinion.
2. It doesn't matter who signs on... they are a mug.
3. Tennis fans are not as innocent as they seem.
4. Players gain more fans for beating a top player than they do for actually being a top player.
5. People still haven't gotten over Gasquet's drug incident
6. Tennis fans are often heartless
7. Those people who are the most certain of themselves are most often the people that are wrong (I have seen too many times this conversation:
"Player X is a complete an udder mug. It's about even but I expect Player Y to thrash him... perhaps 6-2 6-1"
Followed by Player X winning 6-1 6-2. I do not know who's signature it is but I believe it is somebody claiming that Hajek would annihilate Machado 6-2 6-1 and Machado won 6-1 6-2.)
8. Tennis fans are the most skilled people in the world at making excuses for others.
9. Players are rated based on what other players were playing in the tournaments that they won (the one thing they have no control over... this one's dedicated to you lenders)
10. Tennis fans spend more time conjuring up new nicknames using the same formula over and over again (first half of name + suffix OR prefix + second half of name) than they actually do posting on this forum. Often times, people create nicknames only to use them once in an effort to insult the player.

Bonus - IF a player logged on here, they might not even know it's a tennis forum based on the fact that people use childish nicknames (usually derogatory) more than players' actual names.

Hypnotize
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Nope, I'm talking about the people who start these threads. Any fool could have figured that out. ;)

motorhead
09-18-2012, 05:28 PM

Nope, I'm talking about the people who start these threads. Any fool could have figured that out. ;)

one game all.

BroTree123
09-18-2012, 05:31 PM
They'd probably learn quite a lot:

1. Tennis fans do not understand the difference between fact and opinion.
2. It doesn't matter who signs on... they are a mug.
3. Tennis fans are not as innocent as they seem.
4. Players gain more fans for beating a top player than they do for actually being a top player.
5. People still haven't gotten over Gasquet's drug incident
6. Tennis fans are often heartless
7. Those people who are the most certain of themselves are most often the people that are wrong (I have seen too many times this conversation:
"Player X is a complete an udder mug. It's about even but I expect Player Y to thrash him... perhaps 6-2 6-1"
Followed by Player X winning 6-1 6-2. I do not know who's signature it is but I believe it is somebody claiming that Hajek would annihilate Machado 6-2 6-1 and Machado won 6-1 6-2.)
8. Tennis fans are the most skilled people in the world at making excuses for others.
9. Players are rated based on what other players were playing in the tournaments that they won (the one thing they have no control over... this one's dedicated to you lenders)
10. Tennis fans spend more time conjuring up new nicknames using the same formula over and over again (first half of name + suffix OR prefix + second half of name) than they actually do posting on this forum. Often times, people create nicknames only to use them once in an effort to insult the player.

Bonus - IF a player logged on here, they might not even know it's a tennis forum based on the fact that people use childish nicknames (usually derogatory) more than players' actual names.

Should be posted alongside Johnny Boy's laws of MTF.

Wing Man Frank
09-18-2012, 05:35 PM

I need a tumbleweed pic.

Or we can just go back into the male vs female pay thread and I can school you once more?

TBkeeper
09-18-2012, 05:40 PM
poor ferru ........but he's a vulture afterall :shrug:

motorhead
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
I need a tumbleweed pic.

Or we can just go back into the male vs female pay thread and I can school you once more?

2-1*

MaxPower
09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
can guarantee that many of the close friends and maybe even wives and girlfriends google around a little and then you can easily end up on MTF. so it's naive to think that players are completely oblivious to what people write about them on big tennis forums.

Federer probably knows about the arrogance thing and he'd probably have a good laugh about nicks like Federror or Shankerer and even understand them completely.

More worried about Nadal and his lacking english capabilities. If he read MTF it'd be a shock to him. He'd read things like piggyroasting and think he was ugly and get low self-esteem. He'd probably take a time-out for months.

Djokovic would fit here as a troll-poster.

Murray on MTF. he'd just read the screen with a bored expression.... mumble something to himself. Nod a few times. do some odd facial expression that could be a forced smile. Then write a short boring post that only he himself finds funny. then logoff and come back a week later to do the same thing.

GSMnadal
09-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Murray would be in the gaming section for about 23 hours a day.

RogerFedererNo1
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
More worried about Nadal and his lacking english capabilities. If he read MTF it'd be a shock to him. He'd read things like piggyroasting and think he was ugly and get low self-esteem. He'd probably take a time-out for months.

:devil:

I think Monaco is Start_da_Game

Nr 1 Fan
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
can guarantee that many of the close friends and maybe even wives and girlfriends google around a little and then you can easily end up on MTF. so it's naive to think that players are completely oblivious to what people write about them on big tennis forums.

Federer probably knows about the arrogance thing and he'd probably have a good laugh about nicks like Federror or Shankerer and even understand them completely.

Murray on MTF. he'd just read the screen with a bored expression.... mumble something to himself. Nod a few times. do some odd facial expression that could be a forced smile. Then write a short boring post that only he himself finds funny. then logoff and come back a week later to do the same thing.

Haha :lol: that made me laugh

Looner
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
To be honest, I think Djokovic's slump this year is due to him reading MTF :shrug:. He's made so many stupid decisions in crucial moments that the only cause can be reading MTF on a daily basis and reducing his brain capacity.

As for what others have said, if you are a player and do not realise you enter a place where people are somewhat crazy about tennis or a player in particular and you are surprised at what you see, you haven't got a clue :shrug:.

This last line is for Ferru - please continue vulturing, mate ;).

Moozza
09-18-2012, 06:24 PM
To be honest, I think Djokovic's slump this year is due to him reading MTF :shrug:. He's made so many stupid decisions in crucial moments that the only cause can be reading MTF on a daily basis and reducing his brain capacity.

As for what others have said, if you are a player and do not realise you enter a place where people are somewhat crazy about tennis or a player in particular and you are surprised at what you see, you haven't got a clue :shrug:.

This last line is for Ferru - please continue vulturing, mate ;).

This.

Don't let anybody tell you what to do. You earned those points fair and square.

Gagsquet
09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
He's gonna to have a badtime.

Featherer
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
The first 3 posts of the Federer Birthday thread:
10 o'clock server time duh.
Don't give a fuck here it's 12 a.m. :p
...followed by the wishes,
but I can't guaranty that Roger continued reading from here.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/no.gif

Nr 1 Fan
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
This.

Not to mention he made 2 QF's and 2 SF's in the slams this year.

ObviouslyNot
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I think if a pro would log in here he would have hard time trying to understand why people spend their lifes posting rude and offensive things about others. If to take an average pro tennis player.

TBkeeper
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
I think if a pro would log in here he would have hard time trying to understand why people spend their lifes posting rude and offensive things about others. If to take an average pro tennis player.

The answer to this is the opposite of your nickname ...

Orange Wombat
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
besides I'm pretty sure Fognini had an account a couple of years ago. not sure if he fits in the professional category though

Are you just saying it or is there actual evidence?

tennisfan856
09-18-2012, 07:09 PM
honestly, they are around. Dolgopolov recently posted on a car modding forum about his fail build so they aren't neanderthals to the internet.

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Davydenko is bad gambler for sure

Mountaindewslave
09-18-2012, 08:00 PM

haha pretty much :yeah:

sexybeast
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM

This is so true and just had to laught because of it... :lol:

Djokovic would be a megatroll, so fckng true. I sometimes wonder if some player secretly trolls and speads bad rumors and invent nicknames for his rivals in forums.

I think Roddick would be a good poster, both funny and insightful. Davydenko would probably be a fckng legend, players like Fognini and Stepanek would be priceless to have in MTF.

Federer in 2
09-18-2012, 08:42 PM
The first 3 posts of the Federer Birthday thread:

...followed by the wishes,
but I can't guaranty that Roger continued reading from here.http://www.pic4ever.com/images/no.gif

So what? :lol:
I just wanted to be happy for him when it's midnight here :shrug:

August
09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Djokovic would be a megatroll, so fckng true.

http://chzfailnation.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/funny-sports-pictures-problem-nadal-rafael-novak-djokovic-tennis-wimbledon-finals.jpg

ObviouslyNot
09-18-2012, 09:35 PM
The answer to this is the opposite of your nickname ...

And so, the thread can be closed since we've figured out the answer :p. Next.

breezer1
09-18-2012, 09:56 PM
u guys are f'ing nuts, if i was a top player i'd visit once and either call the samaritans/commit suicide/read on and piss myself laughing...then never come here again....why?

There is always a reason why a top player wins/loses...aka chuck/choke/more gluten/less gluten/uncle toni's spells/suspect/genuine mto/injury...player displays emotion...liar/mental...doesn't display emotion...serve bot/bore

1.top player wins, as per the poll/fan...told u so...bow down and take the praise and be prepared for the...

2. top player doesn't...mug/tard/olderer/pusher/hail/rain/shine/wind/indoor/clay/grass/netcord/linecall/mental

3. Really good player wins against top player...hallelujah (insert song)...till they lose,then they are birdshit/clownaga/journeyman/mental...or worse would have been the best ever if it wasn't for the wrist/mono/knees/sniff/mental

4. Shit one dimensional/freak player wins...the greatest ever to grace the boards of MTF, legions of fans/legions of polls/next grand slam champion

sometimes they just have a bad day, top/nottop/lunatic/sane

sometimes the tennis is sumblime, sometimes it's shit, but their always only gonna be one winner whether they are tard/dull/mug/grind/push/shit/goat

thank god

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 10:17 PM
u guys are f'ing nuts, if i was a top player i'd visit once and either call the samaritans/commit suicide/read on and piss myself laughing...then never come here again....why?

There is always a reason why a top player wins/loses...aka chuck/choke/more gluten/less gluten/uncle toni's spells/suspect/genuine mto/injury...player displays emotion...liar/mental...doesn't display emotion...serve bot/bore

1.top player wins, as per the poll/fan...told u so...bow down and take the praise and be prepared for the...

2. top player doesn't...mug/tard/olderer/pusher/hail/rain/shine/wind/indoor/clay/grass/netcord/linecall/mental

3. Really good player wins against top player...hallelujah (insert song)...till they lose,then they are birdshit/clownaga/journeyman/mental...or worse would have been the best ever if it wasn't for the wrist/mono/knees/sniff/mental
4. Shit one dimensional/freak player wins...the greatest ever to grace the boards of MTF, legions of fans/legions of polls/next grand slam champion
sometimes they just have a bad day, top/nottop/lunatic/sane
sometimes the tennis is sumblime, sometimes it's shit, but their always only gonna be one winner whether they are tard/dull/mug/grind/push/shit/goat

thank god

Ahhh the essence of mtf. A crazed post about a crazed topic :)

MissMoJo
09-18-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm sure these guys have pretty thick skins. Most have read less than glowing articles about themselves in the press, been heckled on court, and even insulted face to face by tennis fans. I doubt they'd be shocked that these same kooks congregate and egg each other on someplace on the internet.

Featherer
09-18-2012, 10:45 PM
So what? :lol:
I just wanted to be happy for him when it's midnight here :shrug:
->
TF is much more fun to read, I must admit. People there do actually like tennis and love favorites, so they are focused on them. People here may love tennis and have favorites BUT they are focused on themselves. Always. And that's boring. One thing is to read about Serena/Masha and totally other thing is to read about how this or that MTF poster loves Federer/Djokovic :zzz:
No hard feelings, Bashkatik. You're not the only one, who. :smoke:
But this thread here has a very serious topic.

156mphserve
09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I would say they do, I mean it's not that difficult to run into MTF with a google search. These player do have time away from the court and I'm sure there's been a few to google themselves and whatnot, and run into here. I'd imagine at least 1 top 100 player currently has an account on MTF, but said person probably doesn't post much.

We've seen MTF open on Nole's computer in a picture, so someone close to him has read it at the least, so he probably knows of it, and I ould imagine that he's not the only one.

If some random poster came on here and said "hey guys I'm Novak Djokovic" nobody would believe them anyway.

uxyzapenje
09-18-2012, 11:43 PM
I would say they do, I mean it's not that difficult to run into MTF with a google search. These player do have time away from the court and I'm sure there's been a few to google themselves and whatnot, and run into here. I'd imagine at least 1 top 100 player currently has an account on MTF, but said person probably doesn't post much.

We've seen MTF open on Nole's computer in a picture, so someone close to him has read it at the least, so he probably knows of it, and I ould imagine that he's not the only one.

If some random poster came on here and said "hey guys I'm Novak Djokovic" nobody would believe them anyway.

He couldn't say 'I'm *insert users name*. Just wanted to say hello to my MTF buddies.' on his next presser. He would get so much spam and delete the account :lol:

But I would laugh so hard if he started posting in the livescore thred in some random match (Vienna R1 Klizan-Hajek) calling Hajek a mug or saying Clownga will never win a Slam or some shit like that :lol:

Slasher1985
09-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I imagine that, if not personally, top players have someone in their staff frequently logging on around here checking on their fans' opinions, reactions, along with facebook, twitter and other internet media, even without a user. So yeah, I can bet for sure that some of them have read all about their crazy nicknames and the insane hate or love towards them.

Slasher1985
09-18-2012, 11:46 PM
But I would laugh so hard if he started posting in the livescore thred in some random match (Vienna R1 Klizan-Hajek) calling Hajek a mug or saying Clownga will never win a Slam or some shit like that :lol:

How about Hajek posting in the livescore thread during his match against Klizan. "Hey guys, are you watching this ? Sure you are. I'm not a mug, you mugs." :lol:

uxyzapenje
09-18-2012, 11:50 PM
How about Hajek posting in the livescore thread during his match against Klizan. "Hey guys, are you watching this ? Sure you are. I'm not a mug, you mugs." :lol:

And then Klizan quoting him and saying 'Shut up, you mug, I'll crush you!' and getting bad reps from Hajektards

Keech
09-18-2012, 11:51 PM
We've seen MTF open on Nole's computer in a picture...

Really 156? I'd love to see that pic. :)

Anyways, I imagine any pro, especially any top pros, would look on anything written here the same way they look on any other media, social or otherwise. I imagine they've read so much about themselves on so many different media channels that they're pretty much accustomed to it all, good, bad or indifferent.

..I guess, at best, I'd hope they'd get a good laugh out of anything they read here, if in fact they do visit, but I really doubt their interest would last long.

156mphserve
09-19-2012, 12:13 AM
And then Klizan quoting him and saying 'Shut up, you mug, I'll crush you!' and getting bad reps from Hajektards

Hajektards? I think Filo V. is banned, maybe when he comes back :lol:

156mphserve
09-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Really 156? I'd love to see that pic. :)

Anyways, I imagine any pro, especially any top pros, would look on anything written here the same way they look on any other media, social or otherwise. I imagine they've read so much about themselves on so many different media channels that they're pretty much accustomed to it all, good, bad or indifferent.

..I guess, at best, I'd hope they'd get a good laugh out of anything they read here, if in fact they do visit, but I really doubt their interest would last long.

there was a thread here somewhere about it, maybe in Off Topic I'm not sure

motorhead
09-19-2012, 12:14 AM
it turned out that pic was fake.

finishingmove
09-19-2012, 12:19 AM

nid like everything else about faker

156mphserve
09-19-2012, 12:22 AM

really? How do you know?

Here is the thread for those who care

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=203627&highlight=novak+djokovic+reads

Keech
09-19-2012, 12:23 AM
there was a thread here somewhere about it, maybe in Off Topic I'm not sure

oh, I found it! thanks :) ..but most of the screen is blank

motorhead
09-19-2012, 12:28 AM
really? How do you know?

Here is the thread for those who care

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=203627&highlight=novak+djokovic+reads

dunno, some technicians here had elaborated the photo with some high-tech program and it was fake.

tennisfan856
09-19-2012, 01:09 AM
I know this is wta-related, but another example of a media source using the two forums was after Christina Mchale's loss to bertens at the USO, the headlines for the upset had her listed as "Mcfail."

Pros, media writers, oh they're here.

Keech
09-19-2012, 01:56 AM
I know this is wta-related, but another example of a media source using the two forums was after Christina Mchale's loss to bertens at the USO, the headlines for the upset had her listed as "Mcfail."

two very different groups ...media writers, sure, depending on how much they want to wade through, share their experiences or knowledge, or find an audience for their work ...pros, not likely for long, if at all

Chirag
09-19-2012, 01:57 AM
I doubt whether they would take it seriously .It would be a good laugh

GOATsol
09-19-2012, 02:36 AM
How would Roger feel about tdoc's nicknames for him, especially Noserer?

Edda
09-19-2012, 03:05 AM
They would think tennis fans were:

Haters
Mean
Preoccupied with certain parts of tennis players' anatomies (bulges, butt, etc.)
Given to calling fans of a certain player "-tards," and calling the players themselves all manner of disparaging names
All in all, possessed of a pretty limited vocabulary, consisting of curse words and above mentioned disparging language
Fond of calling Nadal "Piggy," Federer "Olderer," Nole "Fakerer," and Ferrer "Vulture" and "Pics." (I like "Pics" though.)

In other words, they'd probably yawn and say, "Pretty much like the majority of stuff you find on the Internet."

Depeche
09-19-2012, 03:11 AM
dunno, some technicians here had elaborated the photo with some high-tech program and it was fake.

As a Noletard, I can say that he/his team posted that pic on his Facebook page a while back so the picture itself isn't fake. Whether or not that's actually MTF on the screen, who knows.

Thunder Hoad
09-19-2012, 03:43 AM
It's the reason I reserve the term 'mug' for certain idiotic MTFers but I never use it to refer to players no matter where they are ranked because even some guy in the 800s is much better than your typical loudmouth MTFer. Branding certain players as vultures is as stupid as calling some entertainer a sellout when they do some crap movie for the money: you can't pay for things with the tennis version of street cred, a payday is a payday and points are hard to come by. As for as nicknames like Olderer, Nadull, etc. they can be terms of affection or at any rate just something to annoy certain types of (pe)tards.

August
09-19-2012, 06:17 AM

At least I haven't heard about that. Here (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=409692342416956&set=a.161904970529029.46755.161367337249459&type=1)'s that pic at Nole's facebook page.

So motorhead, where did you hear that? Or actually, are you Nole trying to deny you're here?

Topspindoctor
09-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Noserer would cry after learning he was an all serve mug who won his slams in a clown era.

ssj100
09-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Nadull would admit he is doing drugs, no? Also that he won most of his slams (especially French Opens) in the weakest era ever.

Mercury
09-19-2012, 08:05 AM
There are about 3 players who would have a good time reading this forum, the rest would probably read 1 thread about themselves and move as far away from this forum as possible.

out_grinder
09-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Noserer would cry after learning he was an all serve mug who won his slams in a clown era.

Chief clown of said clown era being Nadull, the all-spin mug-pig.

TigerTim
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM

Looner
09-19-2012, 09:41 AM

:yeah:

TigerTim
09-19-2012, 09:47 AM
you know that account murray set up about his dog, does he used it :scratch:

because some of the "dogs" convos for example with Psuedo Fed and laughing at a article about tomic make me think he is of troll material.

Mark Lenders
09-19-2012, 09:52 AM
This.

:superlol: :spit:

He really didn't.

TigerTim
09-19-2012, 09:56 AM
I actually think Berdych is more of a vulture than Ferru

Sud De France 250 - Vultured
Rotterdam 500 - SF Vultured
Aussie Open QF - vultured (beat a glorified clay courter in r4)
Monte Carlo SF - Vultured (Monte Carlo is not a true Masters)
Madrid F - Vultured (we all know blue clay is a terrible and dangerous surface)
Salem - F Vultured (vultured himself into form)
US Open - SF Vultured, we all know Olderer sucks today :shrug:

in fact he is worse than Ferru tbf, the only thing worse than a vulture is a bad vulture.

Slasher1985
09-19-2012, 10:17 AM
in fact he is worse than Ferru tbf, the only thing worse than a vulture is a bad vulture.

And the only thing worse than a bad vulture is a naughty vulture. :lol:

Mark Lenders
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
I actually think Berdych is more of a vulture than Ferru

Sud De France 250 - Vultured
Rotterdam 500 - SF Vultured
Aussie Open QF - vultured (beat a glorified clay courter in r4)
Monte Carlo SF - Vultured (Monte Carlo is not a true Masters)
Madrid F - Vultured (we all know blue clay is a terrible and dangerous surface)
Salem - F Vultured (vultured himself into form)
US Open - SF Vultured, we all know Olderer sucks today :shrug:

All those tournaments are either mandatory - you can't vulture tournaments that are mandatory - or with one or more top 10 players in the draw. The only one where there might be a case is the Sud de France 250.

TigerTim
09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
All those tournaments are either mandatory - you can't vulture tournaments that are mandatory - or with one or more top 10 players in the draw. The only one where there might be a case is the Sud de France 250.

Monte Carlo = not mandatory, praying on injury of Murray to get to SF
Sud De france = not mandatory
Salem = not mandatory
Madrid was a disgusting vulture event

enough to make me sick :o

BigJohn
09-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Well one of them would say: "I know I am evil, but I had no idea my "supporters" were even more evil than me..."

And another one would say: "I know I am simple and not that bright, but man, my fans seem to be the most retarded in here. This makes me sad and perplexed. Fuck this, I'm leaving tennis to save whatever is left of my knees and will become a professional sea-bass fisherman from now on."

out_grinder
09-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Monte Carlo = not mandatory, praying on injury of Murray to get to SF
Sud De france = not mandatory
Salem = not mandatory
Madrid was a disgusting vulture event

enough to make me sick :o

BerdSh!t makes me sick in general, what a disgusting, one dimensional defensive baseliner, using hard work and superior fitness to compensate for a deficit in natural talent.

Suckit, Lenders.

Oh, and he still gets blown off the court by Delpo. Always funny to see the weaker ballbasher get bashed.

Sophitia36
09-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Would you really be that surprised to know that some pros read MTF and are aware of their various nicknames?

I always have this notion that a lot of them probably do. Many are very Internet-savvy so I see no reason why they wouldn't come here. Of course they have to be hardened enough to stand all the abuse.

What would they think? I don't know... Probably that a lot of people have too much time on their hands... That some of them have very sad lives and must be very bitter to take so much pleasure in bashing people they don't even know...
But let's look at the bright side, they might also be happy to see that some people do love them (or be ashamed of the stupidity of their fans, sometimes... :D)

I can definitely see Djoko trolling.
I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if Ferru knew about the "vulture" thing. He is (or at least used to be when his forum was functional...) very much in contact with his fans through the Internet. The funniest thing is, he must know about "Pics", because this nickname made it on his Wikipedia page... Since it makes no sense at all, it seems reasonable to think that he did check it out at least once to know where it came from (I know I would if it were me...)

delpiero7
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM

Yet Ferrer is still a vulture despite the fact that he would maintain his #5 ranking if all non-mandatory tournament results were not counted?

rocketassist
09-19-2012, 05:31 PM

:haha: :haha:

Federer in 2
09-19-2012, 10:54 PM
...Then he would log out.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-19-2012, 11:51 PM
2008-present

weak era

Topspindoctor
09-20-2012, 12:15 AM
2008-present

weak era

Yup. Everyone knows Noserer played in the toughest era ever. He faced some tough customers for sure. Beating guys like Roddick and Hewitt paled in comparison to facing clowns like Nadal and Djokovic.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
09-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Beating guys like Roddick and Hewitt paled in comparison to facing clowns like Nadal and Djokovic.

yep.

2008-present= WTA era

Nole Rules
09-20-2012, 01:07 AM
I would like to see an argument between Ferrer and Manuel (Mark Lenders).

GOATsol
09-20-2012, 01:53 AM
I would like to see an argument between Ferrer and Manuel (Mark Lenders).
Me too! :)

GrimbleGromble
09-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Would you really be that surprised to know that some pros read MTF and are aware of their various nicknames?

I always have this notion that a lot of them probably do. Many are very Internet-savvy so I see no reason why they wouldn't come here.

Sommdev Devvarman might be one of them, take a look at his bag check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SnkDkEX8Gk

His career went downhill since registering in MTF

Nathaliia
09-20-2012, 04:31 AM

i think finishingmove can be him in fact

Chirag
09-20-2012, 07:21 AM
Sommdev Devvarman might be one of them, take a look at his bag check:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SnkDkEX8Gk

His career went downhill since registering in MTF

where does it say he logged onto MTF :confused:

August
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if Ferru knew about the "vulture" thing. He is (or at least used to be when his forum was functional...) very much in contact with his fans through the Internet. The funniest thing is, he must know about "Pics", because this nickname made it on his Wikipedia page... Since it makes no sense at all, it seems reasonable to think that he did check it out at least once to know where it came from (I know I would if it were me...)

Don't forget that MTF is full of active Wikipedia users, just remember the spamming after at Wiki after Ferru beat Tipsy.

Gagsquet
09-20-2012, 08:06 AM
i think finishingmove can be him in fact

You're overestimating Novak's brain capacity.

PiggyGotRoasted
09-20-2012, 10:54 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points_Vulture

Its now official.

Looner
09-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Its now official.

:spit: :haha:

BroTree123
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
It's gunna get taken down, son. Could have at least made it sound more professional :lol:

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
just updated that with examples of events vultured and with sources :yeah:

niff
09-20-2012, 11:16 AM

Its now official.
:rolls: It has citations and is thus legit.

August
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
just updated that with examples of events vultured and with sources :yeah:

:facepalm:

Sophitia36
09-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't forget that MTF is full of active Wikipedia users, just remember the spamming after at Wiki after Ferru beat Tipsy.

Well sure, but then what happens is that mainstream journalists check Wikipedia (and for instance, they repeat the name "Pics" without having the slightest idea where it came from - that's how I came across it and began wondering what that strange nickname might mean), and even without being vain I would assume players also visit their own Wikipedia page.

Its now official.

Do Wikipedia trolls know there is a Wiki called desencyclopedia, which is actually the right place for that kind of nonsense? (and is actually very funny)

Very clever. I particularly love how the article beautifully contradicts itself:
"Points vultures are notorious for getting upset by lower ranked opponents in big events"

Exactly, for instance, this year, David Ferrer the quintessential vulture lost in Grand Slams to such "lower ranked" opponents as Djokovic (winner), Nadal (winner), Murray (finalist), and Djokovic (finalist).
As opposed to non-vultures like Federer who lost to Berdych in the US Open, or Nadal who lost to Rosol in Wimbledon :rolleyes:

Now someone could create a Wikipedia page called "MTF trolls and haters" that listed this page under "obsessions and myths" or "use of language" or something.

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 11:28 AM
Well sure, but then what happens is that mainstream journalists check Wikipedia (and for instance, they repeat the name "Pics" without having the slightest idea where it came from - that's how I came across it and began wondering what that strange nickname might mean), and even without being vain I would assume players also visit their own Wikipedia page.

Do Wikipedia trolls know there is a Wiki called desencyclopedia, which is actually the right place for that kind of nonsense? (and is actually very funny)

Very clever. I particularly love how the article beautifully contradicts itself:
"Points vultures are notorious for getting upset by lower ranked opponents in big events"

Exactly, for instance, this year, David Ferrer the quintessential vulture lost in Grand Slams to such "lower ranked" opponents as Djokovic (winner), Nadal (winner), Murray (finalist), and Djokovic (finalist).
As opposed to non-vultures like Federer who lost to Berdych in the US Open, or Nadal who lost to Rosol in Wimbledon :rolleyes:

Now someone could create a Wikipedia page called "MTF trolls and haters" that listed this page under "obsessions and myths" or "use of language" or something.

unencylopedia :worship:

yesyesok
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I've never seen Ferrer called "Pics" anywhere but here.

Do you know off hand anywhere he does get called that?

I <3 the term Points Vulture, although I'm not sure Ferrer is a points vulture. Monaco is, no question.

Looner
09-20-2012, 11:30 AM

I <3 the term Points Vulture, although I'm not sure Ferrer is a points vulture. Monaco is, no question.

Ferrer was called Pics in an article from quite a respected French newspaper posted by Gagsquet :lol:.

August
09-20-2012, 11:31 AM
And why does Ferru have the nickname Pics?

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Pics:sad::confused:

Looner
09-20-2012, 11:38 AM
And why does Ferru have the nickname Pics?

Enjoy a MTF classic.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107585

uxyzapenje
09-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Is it fun to put shit on wikipedia? That shit is suppose to be reliable...
And putting Djokovic next to this: 'Events which Points Vultures may attend include ATP 250 Series and ATP Challenger Level events...' and the guy has played 1 250 in last 2 years and hasn't played 1 in over a year, played only 1 ATP500 this year and 2 last year. He is the most anti-vulture you have on tour, not like Olderer who got to no1 with points from Doha and Halle. Just fucking :facepalm:

erickmartins
09-20-2012, 11:44 AM
The first page of "David Pics Ferrer" is such a masterpiece, I always laugh again

Looner
09-20-2012, 11:48 AM
You put Djokovic on there? :yeah:

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 11:51 AM
why is djokovic there? :facepalm:

I'm gunna redit

ferrer has links and shit also :mad:

motorhead
09-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Enjoy a MTF classic.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=107585

:haha::haha: what the hell is that

motorhead
09-20-2012, 11:55 AM
And putting Djokovic next to this: 'Events which Points Vultures may attend include ATP 250 Series and ATP Challenger Level events...' and the guy has played 1 250 in last 2 years and hasn't played 1 in over a year, played only 1 ATP500 this year and 2 last year. He is the most anti-vulture you have on tour, not like Olderer who got to no1 with points from Doha and Halle. Just fucking :facepalm:

what????

decrepitude
09-20-2012, 11:56 AM
If whoever on here was responsible for that wikipedia entry had only sent me a draft by PM, I could have corrected the grammar and made it look more professional :shrug:

August
09-20-2012, 11:58 AM
I have a feeling MTF stands for Mug Trolls' Forum.

TigerTim
09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I have a feeling MTF stands for Mug Trolls' Forum.

you've got it :yeah:

of Mugs Tennis Forums.

uxyzapenje
09-20-2012, 12:02 PM
what????

It's edited now.

But rly people, if you're are going to make that kind of pages on wikipedia, at least make it right. State tha facts. It can be funny and true at the same time you know...

August
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
you've got it :yeah:

of Mugs Tennis Forums.

Or even better, Mugs & Trolls Forum.

uxyzapenje
09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Or even better, Mugs & Trolls Forum.

Mugs Talkng Foolish

Action Jackson
09-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Meet The Fools or Meet the Fanboys/Fangirls.

niff
09-20-2012, 01:51 PM
It's funny because you care :lol:

Sophitia36
09-20-2012, 03:04 PM

Well, I cannot tell you for sure, but I'm pretty certain that I heard it on French TV at least once during Roland Garros. At least, I remember hearing it and seeing it in articles / Wikipedia, enough times to start wondering why the hell they would call him "Pics".

Then I googled it, found the "David Pics Ferrer" post, laughed my ass off, and then through this thread, I discovered other "tennis memes" such as "Well Start Fena" and "Where can I get Southern grips"...

And that's how I decided to join MTF.

The first page of "David Pics Ferrer" is such a masterpiece, I always laugh again

Not only the first page... :o:mad:

duong
09-20-2012, 03:26 PM

What I don't understand is : has anybody who writes such things ever checked the rankings breakdowns of these players ?

Ok Monaco won Hamburg, then I guess Haas who was finalist also was a points vulture.

Monaco played two Masters 1000 semifinals, this is something which very very few players have done.

This "Points vulturing" notion and especially the association with defensive tennis has no reality of any kind.