Grigor in Asia [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grigor in Asia

rargeyy
09-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi,there!
I'm newby and it's my first thread here in Grigor's area:D
Hope you can support me and put whatever things about Grigor in Asia here with me!
Love love.
Rargeyy

BTW,also love :worship: Roger Federer , Richard Gasquet:worship:

rargeyy
09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Guess we all knew that he would play doubles with Bernard Tomic in Bankok!

Hypnotize
09-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi rargeyy. Welcome to the Grigor forum. I'm looking forward to Grigor playing in Asia and Bluelighthouse (with her Grigor fan-club) will be going to the Thailand Open so we should get some good reports and photos from her. :yeah:

rargeyy
09-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Hi rargeyy. Welcome to the Grigor forum. I'm looking forward to Grigor playing in Asia and Bluelighthouse (with her Grigor fan-club) will be going to the Thailand Open so we should get some good reports and photos from her. :yeah:that

Hi ,Hypnotize!
Yeah, I saw her posts yesterday ,and they are awesome! I suppose I can meet Grigor in Shanghai 17 days later! I have been sooo excited already!:)

nadejda
09-21-2012, 07:14 AM
hello rargeyy :wavey:

welcome to the forum :)

rargeyy
09-21-2012, 01:41 PM
hello rargeyy :wavey:

welcome to the forum :)
:wavey: hi,nadejda:D
Seems that we all like RF, Grigor and Gasquet!^^

Hypnotize
09-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Kevin Anderson is the top seed in Thailand qualifying. He will be dangerous for anyone who draws him.

BlueLighthouse
09-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Hi everyone, the Tournament FB said Grigor was in Bangkok already since yesterday ( but no pic :rolleyes: He's skillful in hiding. )

I'll try my best to stalk him as per usual. :devil:

My girls and I will be at the stadium everyday starting Monday so he won't be able to escape easily.

Hypnotize
09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
That's great BlueLighthouse, cheer him on for all of us. :yeah:

Grigor starts against a qualifier and if he wins that, will play Gasquet in R2

kr1s71an
09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Thailand Open:
Singles:

[8] Bernard Tomic (AUS) - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
Dudi Sela (ISR) - [wc] Marco Chiudinelli (SUI)
Qualifier - Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)
Bye - [2] Richard Gasquet (FRA)

Hopefully he won't get to play Anderson :)

Doubles:

[4] Eric Butorac/Paul Hanley (USA/AUS) - Frantisek Cermak/Michal Mertinak (CZE/SVK)
Grigor Dimitrov/Bernard Tomic (BUL/AUS) - Christopher Kas/Victor Troicki (GER?/SRB)

Hypnotize
09-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Obviously the biggest threat from qualifying is Anderson who I would expect to reach the MD. I would love to see Grigor play Gasquet again. Their match at RG was awesome, full of great rallies and stunning shot-making from both players.

The main thing is for him to be back at full strength and serving well again after his injury problems during the American HC season.

rargeyy
09-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Obviously the biggest threat from qualifying is Anderson who I would expect to reach the MD. I would love to see Grigor play Gasquet again. Their match at RG was awesome, full of great rallies and stunning shot-making from both players.

The main thing is for him to be back at full strength and serving well again after his injury problems during the American HC season.
The RG game was heartbreaking!! And I am a big Richie fan too, it's hard for me to choose one.:confused:

chantelle
09-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone, the Tournament FB said Grigor was in Bangkok already since yesterday ( but no pic :rolleyes: He's skillful in hiding. )

I'll try my best to stalk him as per usual. :devil:

My girls and I will be at the stadium everyday starting Monday so he won't be able to escape easily.

I can't stop laughing when I saw the double draw, I hope it will be on TV. I guess this double match will be very dramatic (Troicki, Tomic and Grigor:haha:::haha:: BTW kr1s71an, Kas is a very nice German:yeah:)

Wish you having a great WHOLE week with Grigor;), he always performs awesome in Bangkok, and you also present terrific photos to us :bigclap:

Hypnotize
09-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I can't stop laughing when I saw the double draw, I hope it will be on TV. I guess this double match will be very dramatic (Troicki, Tomic and Grigor:haha:::haha:: BTW kr1s71an, Kas is a very nice German:yeah:)

Wish you having a great WHOLE week with Grigor;), he always performs awesome in Bangkok, and you also present terrific photos to us :bigclap:
I don't get the joke. What is so dramatic about Troicki, Tomic and Grigor all playing doubles together? Is it because they can all blow hot & cold? I like all three players so I hope it is broadcast. As Grigor is playing a qualifier, it looks like he won't be playing until Tuesday so hopefully this match will be played on Monday.

BTW, I posted a photo of a young Grigor and Tomic that I found in a Twitter account for chantallu. If that's you, it's a great photo and thanks for posting it.

Hypnotize
09-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Grigor plays Tsung-Hua Yang (#249) in the 1st round. Anderson was obviously the qualifier to avoid so this is a good draw for him although Yang did well to beat Zverev. Assuming he has recovered from his recent injury, Grigor should win this match comfortably.

rargeyy
09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Grigor plays Tsung-Hua Yang (#249) in the 1st round. Anderson was obviously the qualifier to avoid so this is a good draw for him although Yang did well to beat Zverev. Assuming he has recovered from his recent injury, Grigor should win this match comfortably.

Hope so!
Bangkok time is London +6h or New York +11h and Beijing -1h!
I really miss him, hope he is fully recovered!

kr1s71an
09-24-2012, 02:01 PM

Looks like Tsung-Hua Yang was also #1 in the junior's rankings. They played each other at the semifinals of US Open in 2008, where Grigor beat hit 6-3 5-7 6-2 and then won the title. Also Tsung-Hua Yang was actually the guy who Grigor passed in the junior rankings to become #1 in the world. So looks like they know each other and I expect a tought match, because Yang already played 3 matches and Grigor's last one was almost a month ago.

Hypnotize
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Could be an interesting match then as they have a history from the juniors. Grigor should win it and he I hope he does as I really want to see him play Gasquet again. He also needs to get back on track after a disappointing HC season

Hypnotize
09-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Grigor is the last match on Center Court. Hope you have tickets BlueLighthouse.

Not Before 7:00 PM
[8] Bernard Tomic (AUS) v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
[Q] Tsung-Hua Yang (TPE) v Grigor Dimitrov (BUL)

chantelle
09-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Looks like Tsung-Hua Yang was also #1 in the junior's rankings. They played each other at the semifinals of US Open in 2008, where Grigor beat hit 6-3 5-7 6-2 and then won the title. Also Tsung-Hua Yang was actually the guy who Grigor passed in the junior rankings to become #1 in the world. So looks like they know each other and I expect a tought match, because Yang already played 3 matches and Grigor's last one was almost a month ago.

I think it will be a easy match to Grigor. Four years can make everything change. Yang was my favorite player but he's such a pathetic player with poor strategy on the court, he lost himself on the transition from junior to professional player. He plays mostly in the challenger tournaments these years and usually crushed by European/American players. Nowadays Grigor is totally different level player to Yang: Grigor starts to play in the semifinal and looks for his first title but Yang still struggles in challengers and this is his second MD of ATP 250 since 2010.

But I'm still very looking forward to watching this match because first I miss Grigor's play so much:D, and secondly I wanna know how the difference exactly is.

BTW Hypnotize, I feel the double match may be funny because as far as I know, Troicki, Tomic and Grigor are not such good-tempered players, I really hope something will happen:devil:(oh, I'm so evil:p

BlueLighthouse
09-25-2012, 12:31 AM
I saw Grigor watching quallies matches today (along with some other players). He's with his same old trainer but no sign of Patrick or papa. It seemed like they were just passing time while waiting for something: practice court, transportation...

I watched Yang match the other day, he's not the toughest quallies to meet. Grigor was lucky not getting Kevin or Sugita.

I'll be at his match tonight but from very far seat :(

It's not easy to post here from my phone, you can follow me on twitter @jessica4stein for some pic but I rarely live tweet the matches.

Hypnotize
09-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I saw Grigor watching quallies matches today (along with some other players). He's with his same old trainer but no sign of Patrick or papa. It seemed like they were just passing time while waiting for something: practice court, transportation...

I watched Yang match the other day, he's not the toughest quallies to meet. Grigor was lucky not getting Kevin or Sugita.

I'll be at his match tonight but from very far seat :(

It's not easy to post here from my phone, you can follow me on twitter @jessica4stein for some pic but I rarely live tweet the matches.
That's great BL. Have a great time and I look forward to reading your report on the match. :yeah:

Mephistopheles
09-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow, Grigor gets on a televised court and i get sent home from work on the same day!!! This one worked out well for once.

Of course, all the usual best of luck to Grigor, would love to see him play R2 against Gasquet!

Been a while since i have been on here, how is everyone doing?

Mephi x

rargeyy
09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
What are u thinking Grigor?!

Mephistopheles
09-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Eek, Grigor looking pretty rusty, and Yang playing really well. Gonna be a close few final games...

Mephistopheles
09-25-2012, 05:24 PM
Phew! Well that was a close match, Grigor's extra bit of class and shot-making showing through in the last few rallies. Will have to play better against Gasquet but it's good for him to get a win under his belt after the last couple of months.

Right, i need a cup of tea now!

Mephi x

rargeyy
09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Phew! Well that was a close match, Grigor's extra bit of class and shot-making showing through in the last few rallies. Will have to play better against Gasquet but it's good for him to get a win under his belt after the last couple of months.

Right, i need a cup of tea now!

Mephi x
Im exhausted after this match, and it's almost midnight here , just hope he can end the double game quickly tmr:p

Hypnotize
09-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Gutted I missed this as I was at work but it's great he managed to finally pull out the win. I was following on Livescores as much as I could and it got quite scary when he was down breakpoints in the 3rd and went behind in the TB. When I was checking earlier on he was at 100% on points won on 1st serve then he dropped serve so I guess he had one of his usual lapses in concentration. He should have won it easier but sometimes matches like this are good for you as it clears out the cobwebs from your brain. I hope I get to see some of the Gasguet match.

BlueLighthouse
09-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi, I'm back from the match. Exhausted! Grigor didn't play too bad, just ordinary and Yang played very well, it's the advantage of going thru 3 rounds of quallies.

He'll need to step up like several levels to have a chance vs Gasquet.

After the match, we waited around until a little bit after midnight (7-8 of us plus 10 other) for Grigor's autograph and photos before he got into a car. He saw the groupies T-Shirt and he said he likes it. I said I hope we could use it for the entire week ;) He said he hopes so too. (yeah, right!!!).

Hypnotize
09-25-2012, 08:57 PM
Well done BL, I think the support from you and your friends pulled Grigor through that match. :worship:

BlueLighthouse
09-26-2012, 03:14 AM
There were not a lot of people watching at the stadium as they were basically nobody and it was late. Besides us, two Grogor fan sitting next to me (college boys) kept shouting "Let's go Dimitrov." "Bulgaria" so we were not the only embarrassing ones. A group of guys behind me were supporting Yang, so it was quite balance. We just can't help being cutest, most nervous, groupies though.

rargeyy
09-26-2012, 06:24 AM
There were not a lot of people watching at the stadium as they were basically nobody and it was late. Besides us, two Grogor fan sitting next to me (college boys) kept shouting "Let's go Dimitrov." "Bulgaria" so we were not the only embarrassing ones. A group of guys behind me were supporting Yang, so it was quite balance. We just can't help being cutest, most nervous, groupies though.
I think I saw you ppl on the screen, you wore the same shirt, didn't you? That's lovely

Hypnotize
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
He's the last match again on Center.

Ivo Karlovic (CRO) v [3] Milos Raonic (CAN)
Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) v [2] Richard Gasquet (FRA)

kr1s71an
09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
He's the last match again on Center.

Ivo Karlovic (CRO) v [3] Milos Raonic (CAN)
Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) v [2] Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Hopefully this will not be also his last match in Bangkok, but to beat Gasquet he will really need to get his game together, because if he plays like yesterday, I don't think he will even win a set :)

evilmindbulgaria
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Grigor's serve is on fire today! Keep it up, Grisha!

FedererBulgaria
09-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Grisho takes the 1st set 7-5 ,great game and SERVE....keep it up

FedererBulgaria
09-27-2012, 04:44 PM
leads 5-2 in the 2nd as well aideeeeeeeeeeeee......he served his 15th ace

kr1s71an
09-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Grigor is choking as hell :help: lost the second set :x

kr1s71an
09-27-2012, 08:17 PM
In the bulgarian media there is information that Grigor is playing for two months with a broken toe on his right foot. It says that after his first training in Toronto he was walking behind Michael Berrer who closed the door behind him really strong and Grigor tried to pretect himself by putting his foot and that's how in happened. It also says that this information is from his father, but I can't imagine how can you run all the time with a broken toe ...

BlueLighthouse
09-27-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi, I'm back from the heart-breaking match :'(

My friends and I waited around to send Grigor off to his next tourney. We gave him this awesome T-Shirt with our names. It was again past midnight.

At first he wasn't looking or coming towards the fans who waited around I had to call him and he was very nice to walk towards us (you know after 'THAT' defeat.)

I don't know what to say about the match but some of you prob had watched it already. :(

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb0x3y5tkz1qavetno1_500.jpg

Hypnotize
09-27-2012, 08:46 PM
In the bulgarian media there is information that Grigor is playing for two months with a broken toe on his right foot. It says that after his first training in Toronto he was walking behind Michael Berrer who closed the door behind him really strong and Grigor tried to pretect himself by putting his foot and that's how in happened. It also says that this information is from his father, but I can't imagine how can you run all the time with a broken toe ...
That's interesting as it would definitely explain the foot problems he had during the hard court season. It's certainly possible because you can run with a broken toe (one of my friends had one a couple of years ago), it just restricts your movement, slows you down a little and would certainly stop him pushing off on his serve.

It was a tough loss today but overall I'm happy with the way he played. His service rhythm is finally back which is great to see. It was a high quality, entertaining match with lots of great rallies and big winners from both guys. He obviously has to work on closing out matches when he is in front but this is one of those loses that should hurt him enough that he will learn from it.

I'm looking forward to see how he plays in his next tournament because there are a lot of positives to draw from today. :yeah:

Hypnotize
09-27-2012, 08:48 PM

My friends and I waited around to send Grigor off to his next tourney. We gave him this awesome T-Shirt with our names. It was again past midnight.

At first he wasn't looking or coming towards the fans who waited around I had to call him and he was very nice to walk towards us (you know after 'THAT' defeat.)

I don't know what to say about the match but some of you prob had watched it already. :(

Well done BlueLighthouse. I'm sure that cheered him up a bit after today's loss. :yeah:

BlueLighthouse
09-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I hope it did cheer him up. After we said goodbye and good luck and while we were walking away, Grigor was sitting on the van looking at the t-shirt. I kinda have a feeling that he's the sensitive guy who would care about these little things.

(well, comparing to my other fav, Gulbis, who would prob lose the T-Shirt five minutes after we left him :) not that it's his fault just different personalities.)

kr1s71an
09-27-2012, 09:06 PM

Very nice gift! I really like those T-shirts and I'm sure he does as well :) He will definitely come back next year, because the big support from you :) Hopefully next year you can take another photo of Grigor, but this time with the Thailand Open trophy in his hands :)

Hypnotize
09-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I hope it did cheer him up. After we said goodbye and good luck and while we were walking away, Grigor was sitting on the van looking at the t-shirt. I kinda have a feeling that he's the sensitive guy who would care about these little things.

(well, comparing to my other fav, Gulbis, who would prob lose the T-Shirt five minutes after we left him :) not that it's his fault just different personalities.)
I agree that Grigor would really appreciate those t-shirts. One of the Asian guys who knows Grigor and posts on here sometimes (I can't remember his name) said last year that Grigor was beaming with pride that he had fans in Asia.

As far as Gulbis goes, he would have left your t-shirt with some hooker. :haha:

Hypnotize
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Grigor is the top seed in qualifying for the Japan Open. He's the 2nd match on Court 1 tomorrow against KONDO, ranked #432.

1 DIMITROV, Grigor BUL v KONDO, Hiroki JPN
GHEDIN, Riccardo ITA v 6 POSPISIL, Vasek

kr1s71an
09-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Grigor Dimitrov - Hiroki Kondo 7-5 6-4

I suppose Grigor din't play really well today, given the ranking of his opponent and how hard it was, but still win is a win :)

Hypnotize
09-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Grigor Dimitrov - Hiroki Kondo 7-5 6-4

I suppose Grigor din't play really well today, given the ranking of his opponent and how hard it was, but still win is a win :)
Looks like he will be playing Pospisil next who he should beat if he keeps his level up.

@kr1s71an, do you have a link to that Bulgarian article you mentioned the other day about Grigor breaking his toe when he followed Berrer through a door? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.

kr1s71an
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Looks like he will be playing Pospisil next who he should beat if he keeps his level up.

@kr1s71an, do you have a link to that Bulgarian article you mentioned the other day about Grigor breaking his toe when he followed Berrer through a door? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it.

Click here! (http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D0%B3-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2/item/2966-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B0-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B5-%D1%81%D1%8A%D1%81-%D1%81%D1%87%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B5%D0%BD-%D0%BF%D1%80%D1%8A%D1%81%D1%82) But it's in bulgarian and I don't know if you will understand it very well with Google Translate or something like that :)

Hypnotize
09-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Click here! (http://www.tenniskafe.com/%D0%B1%D0%B3-%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2/item/2966-%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80-%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%87%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%86%D0%B0-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B5-%D1%81%D1%8A%D1%81-%D1%81%D1%87%D1%83%D0%BF%D0%B5%D0%BD-%D0%BF%D1%80%D1%8A%D1%81%D1%82) But it's in bulgarian and I don't know if you will understand it very well with Google Translate or something like that :)
Thanks, it was an interesting read. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't have been reported in such detail. I assume it was an accident but did Berrer slam the door, not realising Grigor was behind him?

According to that article, Gigor's father is called, "Dimitar Gospodinov". Why does he have a different surname to Grigor? As far as I know, he's not his step-father.

kr1s71an
09-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks, it was an interesting read. There must be some truth to it otherwise it wouldn't have been reported in such detail. I assume it was an accident but did Berrer slam the door, not realising Grigor was behind him?

According to that article, Gigor's father is called, "Dimitar Gospodinov". Why does he have a different surname to Grigor? As far as I know, he's not his step-father.
His full name is Dimitar Gospodinov Dimitrov, but everywhere in the media they call him Dimitar Gospodinov - no idea why. For me he has an interesting surname - Gospodinov, which will normally mean that his father was named Gospodin, which in bulgarian means Mister. :D

About Berrer: I really hope that he did it without realising that Grigor is behind him and not on purpose :D

nadejda
09-29-2012, 07:23 PM

:D that is because in Bulgaria we have 3 names and his father is more known with his middle name rather than his Family name. Gospodinov is quite unusual name while Dimitrov is VERY popular so the chances of having someone with the same family and therefore mistaken is much bigger if it is Dimitrov. Sometimes people start calling you on your middle name when there are too many say 'Dimitrovs' arround and one has to distinguish them. That won't happen with Grigor, though, there aren't many Dimitrovs in top 1000 ATP :lol:

:)Grigor's been lucky his middle name is also Dimitrov so his full name reads: Grigor Dimitrov Dimitrov :D

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/mayliei/66bed9f78c2b414fd6ce84ac077746de_XL.jpg

:superlol: :superlol: :superlol:

kr1s71an
09-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Grigor is in the main draw!! He choked again in the second after wasting 3 MP's at 6-5 and a minibreak in the tiebreak, but managed to win easy in the third :) Next up - one of Monaco, Klizan, Baghdatis and Tomic. I prefer Tomic!

Hypnotize
09-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Grigor is in the main draw!! He choked again in the second after wasting 3 MP's at 6-5 and a minibreak in the tiebreak, but managed to win easy in the third :) Next up - one of Monaco, Klizan, Baghdatis and Tomic. I prefer Tomic!

It's worrying if he is having trouble closing out matches but at least he regrouped this time and won the 3rd set.

He plays Monaco next who has been in good form this week. If Grigor plays like he did in the first half of the match against Gasquet, he can beat him though.

evilmindbulgaria
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I believe that this is a great chance for Grigor to beat a high ranked player. The match will probably be played on Tuesday.

BlueLighthouse
09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Check out http://twitpic.com/photos/ayumingo1014 for lots of great pic. It seems like she's a big Grigor fan as well.

kr1s71an
09-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Check out http://twitpic.com/photos/ayumingo1014 for lots of great pic. It seems like she's a big Grigor fan as well.

BlueLighthouse did you make some more pictures of Grigor from Bangkok? If you have, will you share them with us :)

BlueLighthouse
09-30-2012, 06:14 PM
BlueLighthouse did you make some more pictures of Grigor from Bangkok? If you have, will you share them with us :)

I didn't take match pic as it was not of good quality. But we took some pic with him :devil: I'm afraid my friends would rather not share them, it was quite embarrassing, screaming and asking for pic with the kids. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

I'll try to hide those crazy fangirls before I post the pics.

Have some great pic from Tokyo here https://plus.google.com/photos/103280971912714794530/albums/5794015729936768289?banner=pwa&authkey=CO6m1tuxhtDe0wE

Hypnotize
09-30-2012, 09:15 PM
I didn't take match pic as it was not of good quality. But we took some pic with him :devil: I'm afraid my friends would rather not share them, it was quite embarrassing, screaming and asking for pic with the kids. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

Have some great pic from Tokyo here https://plus.google.com/photos/103280971912714794530/albums/5794015729936768289?banner=pwa&authkey=CO6m1tuxhtDe0wE
Come on BlueLighthouse, your friends are all stars after they appeared on TV and they all looked amazing in their Grisha t-shirts. You guys did a great job supporting Grigor this week and it would be great to see those photos. :yeah:

I really liked that person's photos of Grigor but it's strange seeing him practice without shoes. You don't see that very often.

chantelle
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM

I saw you(and ur friends?) photo grid on FB! Really crazy but great work:yeah:

PiggyGotRoasted
10-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I saw you(and ur friends?) photo grid on FB! Really crazy but great work:yeah:

Hey I dont think I messaged you since wimbledon, but thanks for taking my photo with grigor. :wavey:

BlueLighthouse
10-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Yes, that's us. :o

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229238_10151457137810031_1142294122_n.jpg

Hypnotize
10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
He is the first match on Center Court tomorrow. 11am Tokyo time.

kr1s71an
10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
He is the first match on Center Court tomorrow. 11am Tokyo time.
That's pretty early here in Bulgaria, I think like 5 AM :( I'll probably support him in my sleep :) Hope there's some fans in Tokyo that will cheer for him :)

Hypnotize
10-02-2012, 07:57 PM
It's at 3am in the UK so I will be fast asleep during the match. If he plays aggressively, serves well and goes for his shots, he's in with a chance of winning this match but Monaco is a tough opponent.

Hypnotize
10-03-2012, 07:15 AM
He lost 6-2 6-1. Didn't see the match but I would assume from the scoreline, he played badly.

kr1s71an
10-03-2012, 12:52 PM
He lost 6-2 6-1. Didn't see the match but I would assume from the scoreline, he played badly.There was no livestream, but I was checking the livescore. In the first he held his servise for 1-0 and then lost 5 games in a row, which was enough for Monaco to take the set really easy. Same thing happened in the second - Grigor held servise for 1-0, in the next game he had 4 BP's but didn't convert any of them and Monaco won six games in a row :(

chantelle
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
There was no livestream, but I was checking the livescore. In the first he held his servise for 1-0 and then lost 5 games in a row, which was enough for Monaco to take the set really easy. Same thing happened in the second - Grigor held servise for 1-0, in the next game he had 4 BP's but didn't convert any of them and Monaco won six games in a row :(

According to a Japanese fan's tweet Grigor had some physical problem which caused some pain and uncomfortable during the match, not sure if he will continue his Asia tourney in Shanghai. I hope he can keep those points but worry if he has any injury.:sadface: He didn't bring his usual physio to Asia this time.

Hypnotize
10-03-2012, 03:22 PM
He only has 90 points to defend from Shanghai and Stockholm last year so it's not too much. I'm kind of hoping he finishes the season early like he did last year so he can really work hard on his fitness. He's had some injuries since The Olympics that he really needs to deal with and start 2013 strong.

kr1s71an
10-03-2012, 04:39 PM
According to a Japanese fan's tweet Grigor had some physical problem which caused some pain and uncomfortable during the match, not sure if he will continue his Asia tourney in Shanghai. I hope he can keep those points but worry if he has any injury.:sadface: He didn't bring his usual physio to Asia this time.
The part with the different physio got me thinking. Is it possible that Grigor finally decided to get out of that academy, hired by himself a new physio, but still there's no new coach? The other thing that leads me to that suggestion is that Mouratoglou was always writing in his Facebook when Grigor wins, but from the Olympic games he is not writing absolutely anything about Grigor. Probably all of this is not true, but what do you think. Is it possible?

chantelle
10-03-2012, 05:17 PM
The part with the different physio got me thinking. Is it possible that Grigor finally decided to get out of that academy, hired by himself a new physio, but still there's no new coach? The other thing that leads me to that suggestion is that Mouratoglou was always writing in his Facebook when Grigor wins, but from the Olympic games he is not writing absolutely anything about Grigor. Probably all of this is not true, but what do you think. Is it possible?

I don't think so cause Jeff is also a coach in MTA, and facebook of MTA still updated his result in Thailand open(but a little weird they update nothing in Tokyo but Chardy) I think Mouratoglou didn't write about Grigor because he only write things benefiting to himself, but Grigor has gotten terrible status since Olympic, he won't write those which may damage his reputation.

Hypnotize
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Some people on here are too down on Mouratoglou who I think could still be very good for Grigor. People seem to forget that Grigor said last year his father was his main coach, not Patrick and I think that is part of the problem. He needs one full-time coach and it probably shouldn't be his father.

xavihernandez
10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
dimitrov won't have to play qualification in shanghai as he has entered the main draw

http://www.tennisalternative.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=5&thread_id=277

Hypnotize
10-03-2012, 11:13 PM
dimitrov won't have to play qualification in shanghai as he has entered the main draw

http://www.tennisalternative.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=5&thread_id=277
That's great news. Hopefully he is fully fit and able to produce his best tennis.

Welcome to the forum xavihernandez. :yeah:

xavihernandez
10-04-2012, 05:37 PM
thank you ;)

xavihernandez
10-04-2012, 05:41 PM
i think if he gets a good draw he should reach the third round. the players field is extremely weak in shanghai

chantelle
10-06-2012, 04:51 AM
i think if he gets a good draw he should reach the third round. the players field is extremely weak in shanghai

Grigor will face Pablo Andujar at R1 and Djokovic at R2........good luck

kr1s71an
10-06-2012, 06:38 AM
Grigor will face Pablo Andujar at R1 and Djokovic at R2........good luckLets hope he will at least beat Andujar and defend his 45 points, but against Djokovic I don't see him even winning a set :(

PiggyGotRoasted
10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
I wouldnt be too surprised if he manages to beat andujar and takes a set off of djokovic, but then again he could also lose 3 and 2 in r1

Hypnotize
10-07-2012, 10:37 AM
I watched him beat Andujar in the final of the Geneva Challenger a couple of years ago so it will be interesting to see how they compare now. Andujar is good and I like him but Grigor should be able to beat him on a HC. He should see a R2 match against Novak as a great incentive to beat Andujar. At his age, he should relish the thought of playing the top guys and go into the match feeling he has nothing to lose. He could potentially score a huge upset and if not, then he will learn a lot from the match and what he needs to do to get to that level.

kr1s71an
10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
The match with Andujar is first on Grandstand and will start at 2 PM local time (which should be 9 AM bulgarian time and 8 AM CET). There's a possibility that there will be a stream for this :)

Hypnotize
10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
That's 7am UK time so if there is a stream, I should be able to watch some of it before work.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Some nice rallies so far but he hasn't taken the chances he has created.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Grigor came back from 40-15 on Andujar's serve to take the 1st set 7-5. He played some nice tennis in that game although he should have done that earlier. Grigor has looked the better player throughout although his UEs have let him down.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:16 AM
2-1 2nd set. He's only dropped one point on serve so far in this set. He's playing a lot better and going for his shots more which is the way to win this match. His game is beautiful to watch at the moment. He just needs to keep it up

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Incredible backhand down the line. 0-15

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:19 AM
Great rally. Adujar hit a DS, Grigor got to it, pushed the ball down the line and finished with a smash. Won the next point with some big drives. 15-40

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:20 AM
He break. 3-1. Definitely playing more aggressive tennis now and looking very good.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
30-0. He's won 10 of the last 11 points and he's earned them

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Great forehand drive, followed by an ace to go 4-1 up. He's unstoppable at the moment.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:25 AM
What a rally. Grigor ran all over the court chasing a drop shot, then ended it with a big forehand passing shot. 30-15. Andujar won next 2 points though. 4-2. Big test here.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Easy service game to 15. 5-2.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Amazinng crosscourt backhand winner. 15-15

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
DF by Andujar. 40-30

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Some great backhands from Grigor. Deuce

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:35 AM
Andujar takes the game. 5-3. Big test here.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:36 AM
UE on forehand. 0-15.

Wins next point. 15-15

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Another forehand UE. 15-30

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Big forehand. 30-30

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Another forehand error. 30-40

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
2nd serve on the line and huge forehand. Deuce

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:39 AM
MP Grigor.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Andujar played well to save it but Grigor hasn't got a 1st serve in during this game.

edit. MP again

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Deuce again.

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Huge serve to save BP. Deuce

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Another MP

Hypnotize
10-08-2012, 08:45 AM
He won it with a very nice volley. It was a bit nervy towards the end but it was a good match and he played some awesome tennis in the 2nd set. Can't wait for Djokovic next.

FedererBulgaria
10-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Well done ,Grishe! Best of luck against The Djoker

xavihernandez
10-09-2012, 04:34 PM
He will play the second match after 2pm local time (8 am CET)
on the center Court

FedererBulgaria
10-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Good luck!Just show ur game Grisho :)

Hypnotize
10-09-2012, 08:11 PM
He needs to go into this match believing he can win it and going for his shots. If he plays defensively, Novak will dominate the rallies. Even though I'm a huge Novak fan, Grigor is my favourite player and I'm hoping for an upset.

kr1s71an
10-09-2012, 08:58 PM
He needs to go into this match believing he can win it and going for his shots. If he plays defensively, Novak will dominate the rallies. Even though I'm a huge Novak fan, Grigor is my favourite player and I'm hoping for an upset.Yes, he really needs to do that, but he also have to keep that thought no matter what the score is and keep fighting until the last point and not give up after losing the first set, if he gets broken or something like that. I think right now Grigor won't be able to challenge Nole and I expect something like 6-3 6-2 win for Nole, but I'll be really happy if Grisho makes me shove those words back into my mouth!

Good luck to him and hopefully he will show us what he is capable of. The most normal thing is that Grigor will lose tomorrow, but I think that will be a great experience for him and if I'm not mistaken I think some months ago he said in an interview that he wants to face Djokovic (that was probably when Nole was still number 1 in the world) and now he will have that chance :)

Hypnotize
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
On paper this is a bad match-up for Grigor because Novak is the best defender in the men's game and will make Grigor play a lot of balls so he really needs to focus and take any opportunities that he gets. Novak will try to break down his backhand but Grigor has an excellent slice which Novak hates so he can use that to his advantage. Novak is obviously the favourite and he was in awesome form last week but if Grigor can serve big, play aggressively and keep his head then anything can happen. One thing is for certain, Novak knows how to win matches and he will capitalise on any sign of weakness from Grigor.

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I wish I could see this match but I'm following on LS. Not a good start but at least he came back from 0-30 to win his 2nd service game. Novak seems to be serving well today and has only missed one 1st serve.

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 09:07 AM
2-4. Hopefully he has started to settle and play better.

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 09:13 AM
3-5. He needs to start winning points on Novak's serve now.

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 12:05 PM
He lost 6-3 6-2. I didn't see the match but looking at the stats, he didn't win enough points on Novak's serve or on his own 2nd serve. He could have done with serving more aces which might have put less pressure on his serve and allowed him to get into the match. His biggest problem was dropping serve to love at the start of both sets.

It's one of those matches that he has to learn from and figure out what he needs to improve. My main concern is that his serve is so inconsistent at the moment. He served amazingly well against Gasquet but only managed one ace today. Novak may be the best returner in the game but he should have done better than that. He needs to really work on his serve to get more consistency.

BlueLighthouse
10-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Grigor was clearly still bothered by his underarm injury. It didn't seem to bother him during the match with Pablo. So it's probably just mental. (I mean the injury is real but it was aggravated by the situation in his mind.)

Anyway, he couldn't trouble Djokovic at all. The match was less closer than it seemed on the scoreboard. This is the worst top 10 match-up for him but well, he's not at his best and Djokovic is the best top 10 he has played. So... Nothing much to learn from this match except that his level is still far from the top guys.

BlueLighthouse
10-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Thomas Johansson @TompaSthlmOpen
40s
Grigor Dimitrov has withdrawn from If Stockholm Open due to injury. #IfSthlmOpen

iniesta896
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Very bad news! :( I hope he will recover soon from the injury.

kr1s71an
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Thomas Johansson @TompaSthlmOpen
40s
Grigor Dimitrov has withdrawn from If Stockholm Open due to injury. #IfSthlmOpen
I was expecting that. He asked for a medical timeout during his match with Monaco in Tokyo and looks like he have some pain under his right shoulder. He was clearly having that pain again today in the match with Djokovic and I think that is a good decision. Hopefully he will be OK for Basel and Paris and there he will have a chance to get some points, because now he will lose 45 for the QF in Stockholm last year.

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 06:33 PM
He's had a number of niggling injuries lately so he's doing the right thing withdrawing to get fit agian.

Welcome to the forum iniesta896. :yeah:

iniesta896
10-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Thank you! :) Grigor's next tournament will be in Basel, right?

kr1s71an
10-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Thank you! :) Grigor's next tournament will be in Basel, right?
If he is OK by then, then that should be his next tournament :)

Hypnotize
10-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I was expecting that. He asked for a medical timeout during his match with Monaco in Tokyo and looks like he have some pain under his right shoulder. He was clearly having that pain again today in the match with Djokovic and I think that is a good decision. Hopefully he will be OK for Basel and Paris and there he will have a chance to get some points, because now he will lose 45 for the QF in Stockholm last year.
At least the injury explains why he didn't serve many aces today. Part of me wants him to take the rest of the season off and really work on his fitness so he starts 2013 in great shape. It's a gamble and he will drop a bit in the rankings but it would probably really help his game.

RandyE
10-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Had a chance to view the match and took the following from it: 1. He didn't have a good serving day - against Novak you might as well forget winning, because you're not going to win too many points on second serve. 2. He missed too many returns of serve (in my opinion this part of his game has the most opportunity to improve). Novak also served lights out! 3. I really liked how he was able to hang with Novak when he stayed inside the baseline and took the ball early - I'm hoping that he will continue to do that. Overally the injury seemed to bother him for sure - I think he could have kept one of the sets a lot closer had he been full strength. Overall I don't think it was a bad performance considering his first round win. Most players struggle in their second full season on tour, and my assumption is that he's learning quite a bit right now.

rargeyy
10-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Sorry I disappeared some days, but I cant fetch my computer to Shanghai, so, I bring you guys some pics of what I took in Shanghai, some of them are never photoed by anyone else:D
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbptsk3d0u1r5tvt7o1_500.jpg