Rogie and Rafa taking similar approach... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rogie and Rafa taking similar approach...

theseth1119
09-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Both appear to be thinking more long-term than short-term. Rafa's thinking about the bigger picture, lasting longer in his career, and not rushing to come back, not until he's 100%, willing to take a dip in the rankings to play more years. Rogie's not thinking about finishing #1 in 2012, but rather about being able to play more years in his career with a well-managed schedule (as always).

As for the battle for who will finish #1 in 2012, I say it goes to Djokovic for sure. For me, Rogie lasting longer in his career is more important than finishing 2012 #1. Missions accomplished in 2012: win another grand slam (7th Wimbledon, #17 overall, tying Sampras for most W titles and being in the most W finals ever with 8) check, re-gain #1 check, surpass Sampras for most total weeks ever at #1 check, have his daughters be old enough to somewhat understand and appreciate him winning a grand slam title check. Rogie really has nothing left to prove, anything he does now on is truly bonus and icing on the cake.

Wing Man Frank
09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Why do you call him Rogie? It's making me sick. Do you know him personally?

tripwires
09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
^^Yeah, should've called him RogieGOAT.

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I do. Don't know about him though :shrug:

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
wow!!!

DJ Soup
09-18-2012, 04:29 PM
joke's on me, just realized it's a joke post, joke poster

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
he is a noletard imo

EddieNero
09-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Nadal and wise scheduling in the same sentence :facepalm:

Sri
09-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Roger has always been very careful in planning his schedule. He has revealed in more than one interview that he plans his schedule almost two years in advance.

Rafa otoh has been forced to take a leave of absence. Now either he isn't in a position to return, or is doing the smart thing.

jcempire
09-18-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think Nadal would do what Fed done in the future. Body Condition huge diff. Fed way better at age 31 compare to Nadal at age 26

Nadal has been way over spend

Looner
09-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Should I really have to bump my thread about how Rafita should hire Rogie as his scheduling coach :shrug:?

TigerTim
09-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Agassi never dishonoured his country :scratch:

Roy Emerson
09-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Federer has always been brilliant with scheduling and that is why he is still winning slams in his 30s.

Mountaindewslave
09-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Nadal and wise scheduling in the same sentence :facepalm:

Nadal's been dumb in the past but if you listen/watch any of his recent interviews and just pay attention to his plan/agenda of return you will understand that he really is going to be playing it very safe so his career will last a few years

uxyzapenje
09-19-2012, 12:14 AM

It's like calling Novak Nole... Nole is a nickname you would give to your son or friends younger brother.... Still, most ppl call him that...

Nole fan
09-19-2012, 12:34 AM

I prefer Rogelio. And yes I'm in speaking terms with him.

Nole fan
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
It's like calling Novak Nole... Nole is a nickname you would give to your son or friends younger brother.... Still, most ppl call him that...

Because he makes himself be called that. Others like Rogie I doubt it... :lol:

Roy Emerson
09-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Fedal's careers are winding down, like Sampras and Agassi a decade ago. A transitional era once again. The only difference is that Djokovic and Murray are way better than the likes of Hewitt and Roddick and there is no new Federer in the horizon like a decade ago which is why Djokovic and Murray will have much better careers than Hewitt and Roddick.

Thunder Hoad
09-19-2012, 04:49 AM

Given that his twitter handle is DjokerNole I'm guessing he's ok with that.

Raferminator
09-19-2012, 05:42 AM
Rafa has a few aces up his sleeve as he has hinted at recently....one for creativity and one for thinking clearly. And you can be sure by the time the Spartan Warrior returns to Battle, he will have an enhanced strategically encompassing plan for his scheduling and style of play. This is Rafa's time for great Introspection...do not EVER think that this time period is simply about healing! :mad: It is SO much deeper than that. I have full confidence he will return once again at a higher level than ever before.

http://rafavault.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/rafael-nadal-other-2012-pokerstars-01-588x367.jpg

"Rogie"... :spit: Muger Frauderer and his Tards... :rolleyes:

Benny_Maths
09-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Rogie really has nothing left to prove, anything he does now on is truly bonus and icing on the cake.

I don't know why people say that about Federer or anyone other player for that matter. The instant they start thinking this way is the moment they should retire.

Shinoj
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Roger has always been very careful in planning his schedule. He has revealed in more than one interview that he plans his schedule almost two years in advance.

Rafa otoh has been forced to take a leave of absence. Now either he isn't in a position to return, or is doing the smart thing.

Impossible.

Thunder Hoad
09-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Impossible.

I don't think he means it's set in stone. It's the general idea of which warm-ups he likes, which money grab appearance fees are too big to pass up and which he'll have to excuse himself from despite being owned by Rolex.

Wing Man Frank
09-19-2012, 03:28 PM

As has been pointed out, Novak uses the Nole part in public. I don't think I've ever heard anyone call Roger, 'Rogie'.

Sickening.

Castafiore
09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
:scratch:
Am I missing something and does the word "rogie" mean something deeply insulting for the nickname to be "sickening"?

duong
09-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Can anyone explain me the signification of Nole ? I heard that it meant "no joke" but why did they give him this surname "no joke" ?

Besides, I don't have any problems about people calling Fed Rogie but I have a problem with so many journalists and even tennis players calling Nadal Rafa whereas it's far less often the case that they call Federer Roger or Djokovic Novak or Murray Andy.

It creates an artificial proximity with Nadal (please not that I understand they say that in an article also talking of Toni). It sounds as if all of these people really feel near to Nadal while they don't feel near to other players.

I wonder how Nadal has so well managed to impose his "Rafa" brand to the journalists. Is it only that the sound "Rafa" sounds easy ? Or is it that Nadal is just a person from whom people feel nearer, does he look more "human" ? (which sounds very strange to me as he looks like a freak to me, somebody from another planet whom I can't understand at all, I could imagine Djokovic or Federer or Murray as the guy next door but Nadal no) :confused:

EnriqueIG8
09-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Yes.

Litotes
09-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Can anyone explain me the signification of Nole ? I heard that it meant "no joke" but why did they give him this surname "no joke" ?

Besides, I don't have any problems about people calling Fed Rogie but I have a problem with so many journalists and even tennis players calling Nadal Rafa whereas it's far less often the case that they call Federer Roger or Djokovic Novak or Murray Andy.

It creates an artificial proximity with Nadal (please not that I understand they say that in an article also talking of Toni). It sounds as if all of these people really feel near to Nadal while they don't feel near to other players.

I wonder how Nadal has so well managed to impose his "Rafa" brand to the journalists. Is it only that the sound "Rafa" sounds easy ? Or is it that Nadal is just a person from whom people feel nearer, does he look more "human" ? (which sounds very strange to me as he looks like a freak to me, somebody from another planet whom I can't understand at all, I could imagine Djokovic or Federer or Murray as the guy next door but Nadal no) :confused:

It is a common name for anyone named Rafael. The football coach Rafael Benitez is also called Rafa, as you can see from his website:
http://www.rafabenitez.com/
So the journalists will probably have started calling him Rafa without prompting.

duong
09-20-2012, 01:33 PM
It is a common name for anyone named Rafael. The football coach Rafael Benitez is also called Rafa, as you can see from his website:
http://www.rafabenitez.com/
So the journalists will probably have started calling him Rafa without prompting.

yes yes, but my problem rather was that they use his first name much more often than for the other players in my impression.

Looner
09-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Yeah, at least half of the commentators are in love with Nadull and call him by his first (boring) name. It's disgusting and shows how subjective they are.

Shinoj
09-20-2012, 02:19 PM
I prefer Rogelio. And yes I'm in speaking terms with him.

Now Thats unfaithful.