'Wounded' Federer wants break from tennis [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

'Wounded' Federer wants break from tennis

miscbrah
09-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Federer, 31, had a fantastic return to form this season, winning the Wimbledon title for a seventh time to retake the world number one slot.
However, he has since suffered defeats in the Olympic final and the quarters at the US Open, and the Swiss master believes his body is paying the price for a run which has seen him play 69 matches so far in 2012.
"I need a holiday badly," Federer said after leading the Swiss to a Davis Cup play-off win over the Netherlands.
"I'm wounded, tired, and exhausted and need some time off right now and see where I go from here.
"Nothing has been decided for the rest of year, even though there is a plan in place, that plan might change. I need to go back to drawing board to see what's important."
Federer has had a remarkable season even by his standards, returning to the top of the pile after relinquishing the top spot two years ago in what seemed to be the start of a decline.
He has been helped by the physical struggles of Rafael Nadal and the inevitable calm after the storm of Novak Djokovic’s record-breaking 2011, but some of Federer's tennis has been magnificent, not least in his Wimbledon final win over Andy Murray.
However, Djokovic is back in form while Andy Murray – winner of the Olympics and US Open titles this summer – has emerged as a major contender after his well-documented struggles in the big finals.
With the added competition, not to mention the season-ending World Tour Finals in November, Federer admits he is not overly concerned by the Davis Cup.
"Not really a whole lot to be quite honest," Federer said when asked how much he valued the tournament.
"For me it’s more about taking part with my team-mates, I enjoy being with them, and that's about it really.
"I have a good time and my team-mates are all my best friends - I don't see them regular basis on tour and we have a great friendship and it’s always a lot of fun."

whats everyones thoughts on this?

heres the link

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/wounded-federer-wants-break-tennis-091918062.html

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Murray has now a 4.21% chances of no.1

Looner
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
:facepalm:

Or Levy
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
It's mean he hasn't decided yet whether to play Shanghai and fight for number 1 or not. He'll go lie on some hot beach with Mirka, and see how his body feels two weeks from now.

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Olderer now in a limited edition as a Tiredrer. Call 758-884-Resterer NOW to have a sneak peak at it. If you call in the next 10 mins you get a free Celine Dion CD

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Olderer now in a limited edition as a Tiredrer. Call 758-884-Resterer NOW to have a sneak peak at it. If you call in the next 10 mins you get a free Celine Dion CD

Nadal won't be able to help himself. He wants that Celine Dion CD bad

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 02:50 PM
It's mean he hasn't decided yet whether to play Shanghai and fight for number 1 or not. He'll go lie on some hot beach with Mirka, and see how his body feels two weeks from now.

Mirka and him are so evil. Why do they have to lie to the poor folks at the beach. They trusted them :sad:

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Mirka and him are so evil. Why do they have to lie to the poor folks at the beach. They trusted them :sad:

Fruaderer: No no Srdjan, there are shark nets up for sure...
Srdjan Djokovic: Good, oh and by the way, NOLE IS THE GOAT
Frauderer: indeed
*10 mins later
Srdjan: Arggggghhhh shark attack, my leg

Etc etc etc

Time Violation
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
It's a polite way of saying he couldn't care less for the Asian swing :p

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
*10 mins later

Etc etc etc

And Frauderer will be like
http://t.qkme.me/3nxg.jpg

So evil :(

The Prince
09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Lazyrer :o

asmazif
09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
*10 mins later

Etc etc etc

etc etc including AARPerer bellowing WHOSE NUMBER ONE NOW at a rapidly limbless Srdjan

duong
09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
this is nothing new : just excerpts of his interviews this week-end.

He just said he's exhausted, goes on holiday now and doesn't know if he plays Shanghai or not or if he cares about end of year number 1 or not, he has to rest first and think about it, "he has to look at the bigger picture" as he says.

I also think that he has in sight his exho trip in South America in december which promises to be exhausting as well. When he planned that, he probably didn't think he would be in contention for number 1.

That's all, I also think this feeling of exhaustion is the reason why he wondered about playing Davis cup or not 10 days ago.

We are not sure at all to see him in Shanghai, that's all you can say. Even though Rolex wants him to go there as they're Shanghai's partner and even though not going there, he might miss the 300 weeks at number 1 and nearly say good bye to his chances of finishing the year as number 1 ;)

About Davis cup, what he says here is what he has always said about Davis cup for him. Have pleasure with the team, and look round by round (anyway Davis cup has always been a competition like that where you have to see and take opportunities when they're there)

PS : Fed also said recently that people underestimate the impact of his family life, it also takes his toll on him and he doesn't want to sacrifice it at all.

duarte_a
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Roger should've skipped the davis cup. That would've given him his 2 weeks rest and he could perfectely play shanghai l. This way he'll almost certainly miss shanghai and give djokovic a chance for #1 not to mention it is adios for the year end #1.

Fuck davis cup!!!!! :mad:

Federer in 2
09-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Please tell me he isn't gonna finish this year playing only 5 Masters :facepalm:

Featherer
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Oooh, I'm sooo tired, I cannot play. :o :rolleyes:

...Two weeks of rest should be enough.
Shanghai is indoors; easy 1000 points for SuperRogie.
Playing at 80 - 90% should be sufficient for dealing with the pack. :cool:

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Roger should've skipped the davis cup. That would've given him his 2 weeks rest and he could perfectely play shanghai l. This way he'll almost certainly miss shanghai and give djokovic a chance for #1 not to mention it is adios for the year end #1.

I just heard from Davis Cup and he says 'Well, fuck you too!'.

P.S. Not my words, mods go blame Davis Cup for a personal attack on a MTF poster...

sexybeast
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Too bad, I knew he couldnt get away playing so many matches at 31. Year end nr2 is essential to get a good seed next year so I hope he rests well and plays well in Basel and YEC.

sexybeast
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Oooh, I'm sooo tired, I cannot play. :o :rolleyes:

...Two weeks of rest should be enough.
Playing at 80 - 90% should be sufficient for dealing with the pack. :cool:

Shanghai is not indoor, it is also slow and Murray is king there.

duong
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM

Shanghai is outdoors, it's the WTF in Shanghai which was indoors.

But it's rather quick comparing to the average surfaces on tour :lol:

RNW
09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
it has nothing to do with Federer, but Davis Cup is so needless and dispensable.

All those matches are at a completely other place than the Tournaments before and after.
The surface is different every time.

The real exhausting thing is to travel around the world and play under cold & windy conditions on slow outdoor clay.

IMO the Davis Cup is just too much for the players.

The season is exhausting and long,
but the season has a structure with travelling and surfaces.

But Davis Cup does not occur to this system.

duong
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Too bad, I knew he couldnt get away playing so many matches at 31. Year end nr2 is essential to get a good seed next year so I hope he rests well and plays well in Basel and YEC.

When Nadal is number 4, world number 3 is very good for Roger ;)

duong
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
it has nothing to do with Federer, but Davis Cup is so needless and dispensable.

All those matches are at a completely other place than the Tournaments before and after.
The surface is different every time.

The real exhausting thing is to travel around the world and play under cold & windy conditions on slow outdoor clay.

The season is exhausting and long,
but the season has a structure with travelling and surfaces.

But Davis Cup does not occur to this system.

you can think that but to make it clear : Fed was exhausted before Davis cup.

duong
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
Please tell me he isn't gonna finish this year playing only 5 Masters :facepalm:

very possible, and he already did it in 2005 actually (because of injuries) ;)

MTwEeZi
It was going to happen sooner or later. He played so much this year he is lucky not to have any injuries. Now the #1 ranking will fall from his grasp :sad:

Johnny Groove
Roger clearly has different priorities now. This is what happens. Not age so much as mileage, he's got 14 years on tour. Roger I think ought to focus MORE on Davis Cup, seeing as it is the only thing he has yet to win, but is it important to him?

Basically it comes down to what Roger feels what he cares the most about. Winning tournaments? Being #1? Ending #1? More slams? He has already got all the records, what is there to do now but raise the family? Play exhos in South America?

...and Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Bust_Alexander_BM_1857.jpg/144px-Bust_Alexander_BM_1857.jpg

sexybeast
09-17-2012, 03:18 PM
When Nadal is number 4, world number 3 is very good for Roger ;)

Lets just say it is preferable for Federer to hope Murray can take out Djokovic in AO semifinal than to play Djokovic in AO semifinal.

Deathless Mortal
09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
etc etc including AARPerer bellowing WHOSE NUMBER ONE NOW at a rapidly limbless Srdjan

And Srdjan will be chasing him like this

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6555/gonjanje.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/gonjanje.gif/)

pepita1964
09-17-2012, 03:25 PM
He is just honest and speaks what he feels.He is not modest like the others,Federer is just honest which is rare these days. I want to see something about Murray.He won US Open because he did not play Nadal or Federer.Federer won Wimbledon and Nadal was
there but he was not in US Open.

paseo
09-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Those old bones finally cracking.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM

:lol:

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:41 PM
And Srdjan will be chasing him like this

http://imageshack.us/a/img703/6555/gonjanje.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/gonjanje.gif/)

:spit:

nick the greek
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM

Oh come on, give him a break.After all he's a senior citizen.And we all knew that No1e is a real #1.

duong
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Roger clearly has different priorities now. This is what happens. Not age so much as mileage, he's got 14 years on tour. Roger I think ought to focus MORE on Davis Cup, seeing as it is the only thing he has yet to win, but is it important to him?

For more than 20 years, and except if you have a great team such as Spain, Davis cup has always been about opportunities, good draws, players' injuries, good form at the moment, which you take or not.

It's no "plan" as you say.

Wait for the draw and go round by round, that's all.

Sapeod
09-17-2012, 04:09 PM
If Roger does decide to take a break then he is losing a lot of points. Andy will probably jump to #2 and as the new slam winner he's not going to let go of that spot easily. Roger should be careful here, although whatever he does he's going to be ahead of Nadal at the end of the year anyway :lol:

Sanya
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Routine interview. :shrug: I still think he will play in Asia.

If Roger does decide to take a break then he is losing a lot of points. Andy will probably jump to #2 and as the new slam winner he's not going to let go of that spot easily. Roger should be careful here, although whatever he does he's going to be ahead of Nadal at the end of the year anyway :lol:

It must be really long break as Fed defending nothing in next - how much - 6 weeks?

duong
09-17-2012, 04:20 PM

in Australia, maybe it would be better being number 2 as Sexybeast suggested, if and only if Nadal is not completely fit yet in Australia.

But for Murray to be ahead of Fed by the end of the year, there's still a long long way Murray is 2000 points behind in the Race.

But after the Australian Open, it's clearly better for Fed being number 3 for draws if Nadal is number 4. Because Nadal is Fed's worst match-up and clay then grass will be next.

Featherer
09-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Shanghai is not indoor, it is also slow and Murray is king there.
Shanghai is outdoors, it's the WTF in Shanghai which was indoors.
But it's rather quick comparing to the average surfaces on tour :lol:
Damn, I thought I had read somewhere all the tournaments (also Beijing and Tokyo) would be played indoors from this season onwards. But apparently I just dreamed it. :silly:
No, that's not looking good for the year end N°1 ranking any more. I've thought he had a chance. :( Well, maybe next season...

duong
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Damn, I thought I had read somewhere all the tournaments (also Beijing and Tokyo) would be played indoors from this season onwards.

Beijing and Tokyo will be also outdoors but all the other main tour tournaments will be indoors, yes

August
09-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Nope, there are just too many MMs.

Certinfy
09-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Berdych destroyed the old man mentally by putting him back in his place.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 04:41 PM
apparently shanghai is speeded up this year on feds resquest, someone on the forum said this :shrug:

manadrainer
09-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Shit! Stupid Davis cup.

He should have gone to holiday right after USO. He would have had plenty of time to rest.

Featherer
09-17-2012, 05:10 PM
apparently shanghai is speeded up this year on feds resquest, someone on the forum said this :shrug:
And I thought it would be played indoors this season.
So, maybe I actually didn't dream it, but someone on MTF said it. Probably a Nadal fan.

EddieNero
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Instead of taking a break from tennis Fed ought to break some tennis rackets like his serbian fellow. I'm sure he's going to feel a lot better in no time.

pepita1964
09-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Do you think that Djokovic or Murray are not tired ? They just need not to play DC.
Do you see Djokovic in the final of US Open? They both could not stay on their legs.
I did not see Federer to show anything like that in those DC matches and yes he played three days like a man.Normally his body would feel that if he said i am fresh i would not believe him at all. I do not think he is injured tired yes.This man loves
to play i can not believe after everything he has done

philosophicalarf
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM

That was last year, to try get Fed to play. Didn't work though :-)

It was pretty damn slow before that though.

Corey Feldman
09-17-2012, 05:35 PM
when Fed sounds like that it means he needs one of his 5 week breaks

so there is no chance he will play in Shanghai, he will come back in Basel - in 5 weeks time

congrats on year end #1 Nole

Corey Feldman
09-17-2012, 05:38 PM
what worries me was it wasnt even a taxing US Open this year, 4 quick matches and a WO in between

Please tell me he isn't gonna finish this year playing only 5 Masters :facepalm:incredibly annoying stat

and remember losing early in Miami, although if he does defend Paris Bercy it will be 6 Masters

duong
09-17-2012, 05:53 PM
what worries me was it wasnt even a taxing US Open this year, 4 quick matches and a WO in between

as I told you in Fed's forum, it's not only the tennis : all players say that most tiring is the travels and all, it's tiring mentally.

But imagine Fed !

Fed has said that people don't realize that being a family-man pays a toll on him that most of other players don't have to face, of course he has a great wife and nurses, but still there are worries

... and more important, I've read an article about interviews in a Fed's day : it was exhausting to read. No other players make interviews like him.

Same he will make an exho trip in South America : I know Action Jackson will say "it's only exhos, it's not tennis" ... yes, but it's Fed he will have to make interviews and meetings everywhere, fans will always cheer for him. I read several articles : he's waited like the Beatles there, you can imagine how crazy it will be.

I mean it's fortunate for him, and he deals very well with all that, but he's human and surely it takes its toll. Roddick, who's quite experienced in all that, said that he didn't know how Fed did with all these interviews and all ...

Finally, Fed is the president of the players' council and you know where players are engaged now in negotiations about the prize money, and about boycotting the Aus Open. Nadal said that took a lot of energy and from what we read, Fed takes high responsibility in that. Surely that's also a lot of talkings and worries.

I think it's the head which needs rest first and forget about all that. Fed says that he doesn't even read when he's on holiday, he just wants to empty his mind.

r3d_d3v1l_
09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Just shows that Federer´s fitness doesn´t mainly have to do with any supernatural endurance. It´s the way he meticulously scheduled his career that made him able to win a slam and be number one at 31 years old.

MrChopin
09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Remarkable.. Fed is always criticized for dissing Davis Cup. But he puts that first over his own health. Eat it haters.

motorhead
09-17-2012, 06:24 PM
the exho match against Sijlsing ended just now Federer d. Sijsling 6-3 6-4 have a good rest maestro :worship:

GSMnadal
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Olderer catching up with Roger

Corey Feldman
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
the exho match against Sijlsing ended just now Federer d. Sijsling 6-3 6-4 have a good rest maestro :worship:Rolexerer and his exhos :facepalm:

can play those and yet miss 3 Masters 1000's

Sanya
09-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Rolexerer and his exhos :facepalm:

There will be a lot of Masters further in the same cities, but when Netherlands` spectators will have another opportunity to see him if he skips Rotterdam-13. So generous. :awww:

DemiCrayanhan
09-17-2012, 06:44 PM
does anyone know if he actually said "wounded" or is that media's translation attempt? just curious if he's somewhat injured or simply tired.

grab the cash, the wife, and the kids and run to the beach dude, don't look back.

duong
09-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Rolexerer and his exhos :facepalm:

from what I've heard, this exho rumour against Sijsling was a total fake and from how Fed looked exhausted in interviews this week-end and eager to go on holiday, I think 99% this is fake.

Not sure if Motorhead is guilty or victim of the rumour though :lol:

Matt01
09-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Oh, Fed. Cry me a river. :rolleyes:

Matt01
09-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Remarkable.. Fed is always criticized for dissing Davis Cup. But he puts that first over his own health. Eat it haters.

In this interview he said that he doesn't value DC very highly. Nothing wrong with that but apparently useless exhos are more important for him. :)

ImmzB
09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Probably skip Shanghai and be back at Basel.

duong
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
In this interview he said that he doesn't value DC very highly.

he doesn't say that, he says that he has very few hopes/perspectives in this competition, mostly goes there for pleasure to be with the other guys.

It's stupid to say "I will play it to win" as some expect him to say : when you're in a small team like Switzerland, you can't do anything else than look at the draw and then see round by round.

Nothing wrong with that but apparently useless exhos are more important for him. :)

the only exhos which are important here are the ones in South America : he had never played there and was heavily asked to play. The tickets for his matches have been sold-out very quickly.

I think when he accepted that, he thought he was in a period of his carreer when he would have less goals, he didn't think he would be in the situation in which he has been this summer.

NID
09-17-2012, 07:23 PM
he wants his traditional break from the asian swing...this is just to break the 'news' politely.

Nole fan
09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe this is the start of retirement.

Looner
09-17-2012, 07:34 PM

I am sure you'd hope so vulture fan :D.

PS Reported for wishing injury :angel:

Sanya
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM

It`s not very cute. :(

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Murray will take shanghai once more :D

Fortress Murray !!!!!

Rest up fed, I want to see you at WTF :)

IsDonsIsGood
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Let's be honest, the chances of him getting the YE#1 are slim anyway. Reaching 300 weeks, which will happen providing Djokovic doesn't win Beijing + Shanghai, is enough for this Fed fan.

Whiznot
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM

"Lie" is the correct word. If Roger and Mirka were chickens they could lay on the beach--eggs that is.:wavey:

Lopez
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Shame that he's feeling tired but it is probably expected: he isn't young anymore after all.

That being said, he could take the Asian swing and Shanghai as relaxation: Play ultra-aggressive tennis and come to the net, play serve&volley etc. Could be a nice change of pace and he might still do very well.

MrChopin
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
In this interview he said that he doesn't value DC very highly. Nothing wrong with that but apparently useless exhos are more important for him. :)

You're trying to paint him badly.. stunning, but his actions speak louder than any words. He could have rested up for indoor season, but instead played DC. How does display a low esteem of DC?

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 08:11 PM
"Lie" is the correct word. If Roger and Mirka were chickens they could lay on the beach--eggs that is.:wavey:

You don't say?
And if they were cows we could get some milk of them. So what?

Allez
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
"I need to go back to drawing board to see what’s important"

That statement is great news for his family but terrible news for tennis. A tour without Fedal is rubbish :mad:

On the other hand Murray is mounting a serious challenge for the number 1 spot so things are not so bad :yeah:

hipolymer
09-17-2012, 08:25 PM
So Arroganterer finally admits he doesn't care about Davis Cup, his country, and tennis itself. Can't say I'm surprised.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 08:26 PM
nuE8almemzw

motorhead
09-17-2012, 08:28 PM
So Arroganterer finally admits he doesn't care about Davis Cup, his country, and tennis itself. Can't say I'm surprised.

:facepalm::facepalm:

xcom
09-17-2012, 08:31 PM
He looks pretty motivated to me :armed:

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/1707/rambofed.jpg

Mark Lenders
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Doesn't he have something scheduled for South America? Or is that someone else?

He will play an exho with Del Potro in Buenos Aires on December 12.

Litotes
09-17-2012, 08:46 PM

"Finally"? The way you read meaning into his comments I would expect you to have "seen" this several times already. You are nothing if not persistent. No shot too cheap.

duong
09-17-2012, 08:47 PM

he has several exhos in december, I talked about it before in this thread.

Fed probably didn't expect to be in contention for number 1 in the end of this year and as he had never played in South America before and was very much asked there ... (I know some fans in Fed's forum who are very much looking forward to seeing him live at once)

star
09-17-2012, 08:47 PM

Yeah, sorry.

I deleted my post because I got the answer from reading a post earlier in the thread.

Probably DPo isn't feeling that great about an exho either.

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 08:48 PM

Juan Martin del Potro? And by the way, it's not a capital D...

hipolymer
09-17-2012, 08:49 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

My mistake. It appears I have missed criticizing his lack of care for providing for his family, as well. Thanks for catching that.

star
09-17-2012, 08:49 PM
he has several exhos in december, I talked about it before in this thread.

Fed probably didn't expect to be in contention for number 1 in the end of this year and as he had never played in South America before and was very much asked there ... (I know some fans in Fed's forum who are very much looking forward to seeing him live at once)

He is so kind to give the people an opportunity to see him. SAINT as well as GOAT

duong
09-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Yeah, sorry.

I deleted my post because I got the answer from reading a post earlier in the thread.

Probably DPo isn't feeling that great about an exho either.

there are other ones, also one against Tsonga at least I've heard.

Anyway, it's more about travelling there and taking part in many meetings and so on than realy the exhos ...

star
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
there are other ones, also one against Tsonga at least I've heard.

Anyway, it's more about travelling there and taking part in many meetings and so on than realy the exhos ...

Poor thing. The pain. The suffering.

Makes me want to start a charity organization devoted to him.

duong
09-17-2012, 08:52 PM
He is so kind to give the people an opportunity to see him. SAINT as well as GOAT

no he was very much asked for, which implies many things fans, tennis popularity ... and money of course.

He also liked to discover South America as Fed likes a lot travelling and discoveriung new places.

He's not a saint for sure but for sure, he does a lot for the popularity of tennis and for his popularity as well.

Including the fact that he's kept on being the president of the players' council which surely in the present circumstances is far from being a pleasure and has owed him many critics for long.

duong
09-17-2012, 08:54 PM

from what I read, you're clever but you have very strong likes and dislikes and take upon these. OK but it's hard having serious arguings in such a case.

Looner
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Suck it, Dulltard, Federer's waving index finger is more popular than piggy. Now go on enjoy your favourite's recent wins... oh wait...

Allez
09-17-2012, 08:58 PM

Rogi is traveling to Rio in 2016 to collect his coveted gold. No need to play all these ridiculous and draining exhos unless he's already given up on winning AO 2013.

duong
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Rogi is traveling to Rio in 2016 to collect his coveted gold.

nothing's sure about him playing there (winning 99% not :lol: ), not only because he will be old but also because the ITF wants to change the rules to compete, make more constraints to play Davis cup especially, which a 33 year-old player will maybe not afford.

Sanya
09-17-2012, 09:08 PM
nothing's sure about him playing there (winning 99% not :lol: ), not only because he will be old but also because the ITF wants to change the rules to compete, make more constraints to play Davis cup especially, which a 33 year-old player will maybe not afford.

If Fed is going to play more than two years, sure he wouldn`t retire monthes before 2016. I mean Rogie sooner plays there than not, IMO, doesn`t look like he retires soon. Next step, playing till 2016 > plaing Rio for sure. And it means he`ll fulfil needed quantaty of DC participations, do you really believe he can forget about this rule or ignore it? I scruple :)

Orka_n
09-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Rest as long as you like, Roger. You got the record # of weeks at no 1, now please just relax until you feel hungry again. Skip the Asian swing if you need to.

So Arroganterer finally admits he doesn't care about Davis Cup, his country, and tennis itself. Can't say I'm surprised.Even for a Fedhater, that is one retarded post.

star
09-17-2012, 09:11 PM
from what I read, you're clever but you have very strong likes and dislikes and take upon these. OK but it's hard having serious arguings in such a case.

I wasn't intending to have serious arguings. Or any arguings at all.

I'm sure Federer is tired. I'm sure a lot of players are tired and injured at this time of the year.

I think the pity party being held for Federer is entertaining.

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM

No one is surprised by the douchebaggery this post reveals...

barbadosan
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM

What a sad little person you prove yourself to be - once again

duong
09-17-2012, 09:14 PM

who had pity and in which posts ?

Personally I just wanted to say my opinion why it happened from what I've read about him, and that it was not mostly a matter of playing tennis matches as some interpreted. I tried to understand and explain, what I do most of the time and which I know is often disliked but that's the only thing I know :lol:

PS : I never read he said "wounded", that's too much, I just read "exhausted".

EliSter
09-17-2012, 09:14 PM
When 3 raging Fedtards quote you and call u sad person it means you are doing something well. Relax Olderer keep your bones for AO, u need to be trashed there :drool:

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 09:16 PM

At one point in the past, I forgot a t when referring to Start da Douche and it got posted as Star da Douche...

Turns it was an unintentional preemptive post... :)

star
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM
At one point in the past, I forgot a t when referring to Start da Douche and it got posted as Star da Douche...

Turns it was an unintentional preemptive post... :)

:hug: :hug:

You're not the only one who gets to act like an ass. :awww:

Federer in 2
09-17-2012, 09:18 PM

If you were a guy I'm sure you would have quite a boner thinking about this.

kinski76
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM

You know, while your player preferences may differ from mine, I've seen enough of your output to usually think of you as an intelligent, sensible, thoughtful, eloquent poster for the most part. So why do you occasionally resort to stuff like this? I can see how MTF can make even the most rampant idealist cynical, but the best approach is to treat this place like a sociological field study.

Looner
09-17-2012, 09:28 PM
It's funny how haters come into the thread, spill their BS and then claim the high ground. That's including "reasonable" members like star the Dulltard.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 09:29 PM
:topic:

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
:hug: :hug:

You're not the only one who gets to act like an ass. :awww:

You admitted that you were acting like an ass, people who know me know that I don't.

Also, before any pathetic little Fedhater douchebags sadly attempts to answer anything witty, pathetic little Fedhater douchebags' opinions are irrelevant.

So to sum things up, you spiritual daughter of Start da Game: you're an ass, you said it yourself.

duong
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
If Fed is going to play more than two years, sure he wouldn`t retire monthes before 2016. I mean Rogie sooner plays there than not, IMO, doesn`t look like he retires soon. Next step, playing till 2016 > plaing Rio for sure. And it means he`ll fulfil needed quantaty of DC participations, do you really believe he can forget about this rule or ignore it? I scruple :)

he will surely not forget as he clearly told the ITF that he disapproved (I don't remember if he said it for himself or as the president of the players' council).

As for the consequences, it's like everything : it's a matter of a choice when you have positives and negatives.

Yes it seems that Fed cares a lot about the Olympics, but as he has already taken part in 4 ones and the ones in Rio will maybe be played on clay, it's not sure it will be such a priority for him.

And if the constraints from the ITF are too big (I don't remember exactly but they sounded clearly more annoying than now), he may give that up.

PS : personally I would prefer him to play the Davis cup and not the Olympics :lol: as the Davis cup is an historical even of tennis with a nice formula, the Olympics is just another tournament for me.

PS2 : hipolymer is a troll 90% of the time, why do some people answer him/her ?

Lleyton_
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
I wasn't intending to have serious arguings. Or any arguings at all.

I'm sure Federer is tired. I'm sure a lot of players are tired and injured at this time of the year.

Nice to see a pity party for someone else for a change.

Roy Emerson
09-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Expected. :shrug:

Orka_n
09-17-2012, 10:29 PM
You know, while your player preferences may differ from mine, I've seen enough of your output to usually think of you as an intelligent, sensible, thoughtful, eloquent poster for the most part. So why do you occasionally resort to stuff like this? I can see how MTF can make even the most rampant idealist cynical, but the best approach is to treat this place like a sociological field study.Honestly, do people view star as intelligent? How come? Sometimes she is sensible I agree but that's about it.

rocketassist
09-17-2012, 10:34 PM
star being diplomatic as ever when it comes to Federer...

gulzhan
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
It's a polite way of saying he couldn't care less for the Asian swing :p

You mean inpolite :p

star
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
You admitted that you were acting like an ass, people who know me know that I don't.

Also, before any pathetic little Fedhater douchebags sadly attempts to answer anything witty, pathetic little Fedhater douchebags' opinions are irrelevant.

So to sum things up, you spiritual daughter of Start da Game: you're an ass, you said it yourself.

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

I'm don't take myself as seriously as you do, I'll grant you that.

I was having fun poking fun at the Fedtards, and I'll probably continue doing it.

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 10:51 PM
:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

I'm don't take myself as seriously as you do, I'll grant you that.

I was having fun poking fun at the Fedtards, and I'll probably continue doing it.

Yet another Start da Game behaviour: the :rolls:

Well, you've been officially demoted from fan to tard.

tangerine_dream
09-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Roger is clearly still wounded over Roddick's retirement. He needs more time to recover. :p

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Roger is clearly still wounded over Roddick's retirement. :p

Who, of those who truly love tennis, isn't still wounded over that tragedy?

Nole fan
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Honestly, do people view star as intelligent? How come? Sometimes she is sensible I agree but that's about it.

Oh man, i think guys like you who get down personal and mean really are the worst. :facepalm:

Of course Star will always be a thousand times more intelligent and sensible than you. That's easy to grasp.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 10:56 PM
And this is why Djoko Nadull and fedtards are so fucking annoying.

Exhibit a.

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh man, i think guys like you who get down personal and mean really are the worst. :facepalm:

Like your diplomatically enlightened bad reps? :rolleyes:

How disgustingly hypocritical of you...

Nole fan
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Like your diplomatically enlightened bad reps? :rolleyes:

How disgustingly hypocritical of you...

A rep is a rep, it doesn't need to be green or red. :shrug:
Remind me why I am even talking to you? :scratch:

BigJohn
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
A rep is a rep, it doesn't need to be green or red. :shrug:
Remind me why I am even talking to you? :scratch:

You are talking to me because you are pathetically trying to save face and act as if you had the higher ground, when in fact, you are a huge hypocrite.

How could you, you who gets down personal and mean all the time when dishing out bad reps, dare to label people who get down personal and mean as really being the worst?

Do you understand how hypocritical that is of you? Think about it...

Freak3yman84
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Fed retiring this year is NID. What a shame it was that this guy fluked his way back to number 1 :o Probably the biggest fluke Tennis has seen :shrug:

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:14 PM
I think this proves that federer should retire for his fans tbh :shrug: he can't string a few matches without needing a rest anymore.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Fed retiring this year is NID. What a shame it was that this guy fluked his way back to number 1 :o Probably the biggest fluke Tennis has seen :shrug:

Agreed. This is a joke era :o

When you have pushers like Murray winning slams and Olderer at like 33 also winning a slam :o

And lol at "grass goat" Fedmug losing to Mandy so bad at Wimbledon, that tards gloss over the fact that on fast grass he was crushed, Sampras would have owned Fedgimp pre 2001 on real grass.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Disgusting that federer even played Davis cup

Fans >>>>> country. What a clown. Needs lessons from Rafa IMO.

Freak3yman84
09-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I think this proves that federer should retire for his fans tbh :shrug: he can't string a few matches without needing a rest anymore.

This. Why should his fans have to keep hoping the old guy will get his act together? His at the health of Nadal except about 2-3 times worse at this point :o

Sanya
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Fed is frightened even in 31. :lol: That`s funny, the best evidence that he still should be around to remind from time to time who is true daddy. ;)

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:20 PM
"Wounded" my arse, more like scared he will be routined at shanghai like in 2010 :superlol:

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
This. Why should his fans have to keep hoping the old guy will get his act together? His at the health of Nadal except about 2-3 times worse at this point :o

He and Nadal are the most overhyped jokes in tennis history since Anna Kournikova.

Freak3yman84
09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
How about Fed skips the whole season and decides to play Wimby in hopes of fluking another GS? It's the only chance Olderer has got, even though a R1 loss would be NID...

EliSter
09-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Disgusting that federer even played Davis cup

Fans >>>>> country. What a clown. Needs lessons from Rafa IMO.

Agreed. Olderer putting his country over his fans is shamefull. He didnt think how can his Fedtards survive this long autmun w.o him. Disguisting IMO.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 11:23 PM
How about Fed skips the whole season and decides to play Wimby in hopes of fluking another GS? It's the only chance Olderer has got, even though a R1 loss would be NID...

He can only hope he misses Nadal. The clown would get schooled for like the 10th time if that happened. Shows how lucky he was at Wimbledon when he even lost to haas at Halle.

FedvsNole
09-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Of course Star will always be a thousand times more intelligent and sensible than you. That's easy to grasp.

Mandy Mugray beating djoker in a slam final to earn his first slam win embarrasing. Had fed been in the final even at 31 no way in hell does mugray get the slam.

Djokovic whatever version last year is officially dead and will only continue to head downward from here as he has slowly been on a downhill all year.

What did you except the way he plays was never going to last very long, his best is already behind him.
olderer at 31 playing more matches than the 25 year olds.... ridiculous. Nadal breaking down more and more as everyone has long thought.

So long as berdshit isn't in fed's quarter and now you know they won't put him there for a while and Nadul still in recovery and may never be the same now... fed has a legit chance to be in the finals of the Aussie, wimby, and next years us open with no more stupid saturday. He'll at least win 1 slam next year. Bump this as i've been dead accurate since I joined right around the time fed's run started at basel.

Freak3yman84
09-17-2012, 11:25 PM
He can only hope he misses Nadal. The clown would get schooled for like the 10th time if that happened. Shows how lucky he was at Wimbledon when he even lost to haas at Halle.

At least Nadal knows where his place in Tennis is. Mugerer acts as if he owns the sport :o

GOAT = Fed
09-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Rest up, champ.

Needs a well needed rest, has had a lot of matches this year in his run up for the no.1 spot. He really doesn't have much to play for since all the main records are broken.

And not a single fuk was given that day about ending year as no.1

Freak3yman84
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Rest up, champ.

Needs a well needed rest, has had a lot of matches this year in his run up for the no.1 spot. He really doesn't have much to play for since all the main records are broken.

And not a single fuk was given that day about ending year as no.1

Because Nadal's injuries had nothing to do with Uglyerer getting back to number 1... :rolleyes: