Andy Murray - a reverse Roddick career? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy Murray - a reverse Roddick career?

End da Game
09-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Startling comparisons:

roddick: won his first ever grand slam final (at the US open), he then went on reach 4 further finals, losing all of them. In total, 1 grand slam win out of 5 finals.

murray: loses his first 4 finals, then when he reached his 5th final, he wins (again, at the US open). In total, 1 grand slam win out of 5 finals.

- both defeated by federer on at least 3 grand slam finals
- both defeated by federer at wimbledon
- both took federer to 4 sets on one of their grand slam finals meeting

and heres one last evidence of this 'reverse-ness' of their careers, in their sole grand slam tournament win, they were both taken to 5 sets at one stage, difference is roddick came from behind 2 sets to win, whereas murray was 2 sets up and almost ended up losing.

Thoughts guys?

Personally I have a feeling that this will be murray's one and only grand slam, further solidifying this 'reverse-roddick' career theory. Roddick's career peaked at the very beginning, whereas I think that Murray has already peaked at his 'end' (i.e no more grand slam finals for him, which lets be honest is plausible when you think that he had a lot of luck in winning the US open, nadal will be back, del GOATro will be back, berdych will be back in windless conditions, federer is still around, djokovic AKA serbinator will be definitely be back)

Federer in 2
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
The only 'reverse' thing is the order they have won and lost their finals. Other things are similarities :shrug:

Not to mention that Murray will win more Slams.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM
"End da Game" :haha:

Which banned poster are you

Looner
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM

OMG, I just noticed his username :haha:. I will rep him just for that reason.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM
His avatar :spit:

*Rafa celebrating*

"I won a set". :haha: this guy is a legend already :worship:

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Startling comparisons:

roddick: won his first ever grand slam final (at the US open), he then went on reach 4 further finals, losing all of them. In total, 1 grand slam win out of 5 finals.

murray: loses his first 4 finals, then when he reached his 5th final, he wins (again, at the US open). In total, 1 grand slam win out of 5 finals.

- both defeated by federer on at least 3 grand slam finals
- both defeated by federer at wimbledon
- both took federer to 4 sets on one of their grand slam finals meeting

and heres one last evidence of this 'reverse-ness' of their careers, in their sole grand slam tournament win, they were both taken to 5 sets at one stage, difference is roddick came from behind 2 sets to win, whereas murray was 2 sets up and almost ended up losing.

Thoughts guys?

Personally I have a feeling that this will be murray's one and only grand slam, further solidifying this 'reverse-roddick' career theory. Roddick's career peaked at the very beginning, whereas I think that Murray has already peaked at his 'end' (i.e no more grand slam finals for him, which lets be honest is plausible when you think that he had a lot of luck in winning the US open, nadal will be back, del GOATro will be back, berdych will be back in windless conditions, federer is still around, djokovic AKA serbinator will be definitely be back)

Start_da_game?

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Start_da_game?

Negative General.

He makes to much sense in his posts here at ejacusan.

Sri
09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Is End da game reverse Start da game?

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Negative General.

He makes to much sense in his posts here a ejacusan.

Roger that general.

I'm just waiting to see how will he speak about Nadal. Will he glorify him or bash him? But it's a double account for sure...

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Roger that general.

I'm just waiting to see how will he speak about Nadal. Will he glorify him or bash him? But it's a double account for sure...

Affermative.

The Nuroejaculitus vials are ready just in case.

Looner
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Roger that general.

You only need to look at his avatar and understand his username to know he hates Nadull's huts, ie he's a good human being :D.

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
You only need to look at his avatar and understand his username to know he hates Nadull's huts, ie he's a good human being :D.

Negative lieutenant.

This could be a cunning disguise as a way to infiltrate the Fedeisians tardbase.

Nuroejaculitius vials are being prepared by General MwEtWez as we speak just in case.

Time Violation
09-17-2012, 03:55 PM
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/attachments/5th-gen-t4rs/63794d1336528966-snorkel-update-baldrick.jpg

MaxPower
09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
End da Game?! Please tell me you are a reverse Start da Game. Then you could become one of the best posters here :D

as for rodduck vs mugray yeah I dunno. Murrays career is unlike Roddicks far from over. He could still claim more slams. If he claims more slams his career is much more like his coach, Lendl, in that he first lost a lot of finals, then as an older and wiser player found the winning way.

uxyzapenje
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Did some established Fedtard or Noletard get banned recently?

Moozza
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah Berdych and Potro really have played a HUGE part in Murray not being able to win a slam until now. Just look at all the victories they have over him, especially at non-clay slams where Andy has most chance to win. :facepalm:

Sapeod
09-17-2012, 04:44 PM
He'll win more slams than Roddick, so the comparison will be down the toilet fairly soon.

End da Game
09-17-2012, 05:14 PM

not a banned poster :confused:

this is my first account

TigerTim
09-17-2012, 05:16 PM
not a banned poster :confused:

this is my first account

like you would say otherwise :haha:

I reckon you are MuzzahLovah :devil:

Roy Emerson
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
as for rodduck vs mugray yeah I dunno. Murrays career is unlike Roddicks far from over. He could still claim more slams. If he claims more slams his career is much more like his coach, Lendl, in that he first lost a lot of finals, then as an older and wiser player found the winning way.

Agree.

TBkeeper
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
MTF - The fastest incubator to be born a legend !

IOFH
09-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Nadal on his knees with the title "I won a set" is obviously making fun of Nadal's completely overboard celebration after set 4 in AO final, I doubt End the Game is a Nadaltard. Could be wrong in my path of thinking though.

Topspindoctor
09-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Mugray and Rodmug will both have similar careers. Full of ridicule, failure and a fluke title gifted to them by USTA. OP is an obvious double account as well, probably some previously banned Mandytard or Noserertard :wavey:

GOATsol
09-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Mugray and Rodmug will both have similar careers. Full of ridicule, failure and a fluke title gifted to them by USTA. OP is an obvious double account as well, probably some previously banned Mandytard or Noserertard :wavey:
Tdoc your posts give me headaches :sad:

Topspindoctor
09-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Tdoc your posts give me headaches :sad:

I hear Panadol is an elixir that cures everything from headache to constipation. Try it. But don't use water to force it down, use Scotch. That's the secret to its alchemical formula that brings out all the curative qualities.

GOATsol
09-18-2012, 02:06 AM
I hear Panadol is an elixir that cures everything from headache to constipation. Try it. But don't use water to force it down, use Scotch. That's the secret to its alchemical formula that brings out all the curative qualities.
Thank you but I don't drink. :sad:

Topspindoctor
09-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Thank you but I don't drink. :sad:

That's too bad, drinking allows you to reach higher state of consciousness, which allowed great men to invent useful things like condoms and faster than light travel. If you indulge, you may even be the next Einstein :eek:

In any case, this is derailing the topic a bit, so I'll get back to discussing GOATray :inlove:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/ts_news_article_header_image/blog/remind-you-of-anyone.jpg

Mandy to have Noserer's career :bowdown::rocker2::smoke: