DC Play-off Group I: Crivoi def. Heliovaara 4-6 7-6(5) 6-7(2) 6-3 7-5, ROU d. FIN 3-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

DC Play-off Group I: Crivoi def. Heliovaara 4-6 7-6(5) 6-7(2) 6-3 7-5, ROU d. FIN 3-2

Keyser Soze
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Heroic stuff :worship:

Harri had 4-1 in the final set, but Crivoi was fighting so hard, and it paid off. Finland showed once again that atm they depend exclusively on Jarkko in Davis Cup, and Romania proved they can win even without the top singles players Hanescu and Ungur.

tundrathunder
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
What a mugfest :help:

Atrocious line calling - Louise Engzell had about a dozen correct overrules and had to call a foot fault herself. :rolls:

However, this match was classic Davis Cup. It had everything.

August
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Too bad Jarkko has to miss either Stockholm Open or 2nd DC qualy round.

Lopez
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Horrible result for Harri, hope he can bounce back. Should've won the match, imploded after missing a sitter forehand at 4-2 30-15 on his serve. Average season continues.

Great for Romania that they won without their best guys. Don't know what our team will be against Denmark.

Slasher1985
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Don't know what our team will be against Denmark.

Your team will most definitely win that IMO. I don't see any of their Singles player having any power against Heliovaara, not to mention Nieminen. :yeah:

It was great playing from Finland, Heliovaara was very close, the match was good tennis. Nieminen is the central piece of your game, all you need is a good doubles team.:)

Lopez
09-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Your team will most definitely win that IMO. I don't see any of their Singles player having any power against Heliovaara, not to mention Nieminen. :yeah:

It was great playing from Finland, Heliovaara was very close, the match was good tennis. Nieminen is the central piece of your game, all you need is a good doubles team.:)

Yeah the tie overall was great IMO :yeah:.

The problem with Denmark is that Jarkko can't play Stockholm open if he plays DC. We'll see.

Jarkko/Henri Kontinen are a great team, they even beat Fyrstenberg/Matkowski last year. Henri is just injured, again... If he's fit, we have a great team. He's a great talent.