Stepanek blaming Del Potro for faking! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Stepanek blaming Del Potro for faking!

_Chaz
09-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I have not read any of this here on MTF so I decided to make a new thread for it.

After he lost his single match against Del Potro, Stepanek blamed Del Potro for faking an injury.

Here's what he said (my translation, because I read it in a German article and have not found the original quotes in English):

"Del Potro was completely healthy. Maybe he wanted to bring some discomposure before the Davis Cup, but he didn't seem injured. He took all his chances."

He also critisized the Argentinian fans:

"It's very loud. Our fans made much noise. But I think the Argies didn't show enough respect. They weren't quiet during our first services."

Original article: http://www.tennisnet.com/oesterreich/turnier/daviscupspecial/Davis-Cup-Stepanek-laestert-ueber-del-Potro/4315248

Yay, that's Stepanek at it again. What a fool :rolleyes:

G4.
09-16-2012, 04:06 PM
This is good. Davis cup ties needs some trash talk before the matches.

rocketassist
09-16-2012, 04:08 PM
:haha: :haha:

Steps isn't boring.

MaxPower
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
He's probably wrong about the injury faking but about the crowd he got a fair point! Still that's what makes DC fun

Orange Wombat
09-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Stepanek is an idiot, pay no attention

Lopez
09-16-2012, 04:15 PM
This is good. Davis cup ties needs some trash talk before the matches.

+ 1

Even though I don't totally agree, JMDP wouldn't have withdrawn from his second match if he were 100%.

EliSter
09-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Uglynek is trash.

Johnny Groove
09-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Mentally weak here from Stepanek.

In a Davis Cup atmosphere, you have to expect the crowd to shout before serves, between 1st and 2nd serves, and during points. Especially in Argentina. Second, whenever you walk on court, and you are playing an opponent, you assume he is 100% healthy and you play your game.

Stepanek is trolling.

nole_no1
09-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Stepanek just wants some attention

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 04:18 PM
What an idiot.

BroTree123
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Love it when he cries like a bitch.

Wing Man Frank
09-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Stepanek is truly the black sheep of ATP tennis. Does anyone like him?!

G4.
09-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Stepanek is truly the black sheep of ATP tennis. Does anyone like him?!

women love him

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 04:35 PM
women love him
And I've always wondered why.

Del Potro was clearly not faking. He has had wrist problems after the Olympics.

Cereal Killer
09-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Berdych might like him too. If it wasn't for his GF...

nick the greek
09-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Disgusting as always this guy.

G4.
09-16-2012, 04:42 PM
And I've always wondered why.

Del Potro was clearly not faking. He has had wrist problems after the Olympics.

His worm dance is irresistible to women

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
except me i guess :(

tripwires
09-16-2012, 04:53 PM

Don't forget those sexy thunder lips. :hearts:

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Don't forget those sexy thunder lips. :hearts:
:lol:

Action Jackson
09-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Nothing to see or read here, just Stepanek trolling. Del Potro wasn't faking.

What do you expect playing in Argentina, it's not a library that's part of Davis Cup. As long as they aren't shining mirrors, lasers or throwing flares, chairs or other stuff then deal with it.

Nr 1 Fan
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Classic Stepanek antics :o Now he can't win a match anymore, It's even more sad. He's just Mad Delpo while injured still routines him.
Tennis needs more bad guys, but not some old clown talking nonsense.

star
09-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Stepanek is just an unpleasant person. It must be hard for him to accept that a 50% DPo is better than he is.

I think Argentina knew DPo was injured but hoped to use him to win one match and take their chances. There always seems to be some ill fortune for Argentina in Davis Cup.

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I wonder if Del Potro will respond?

Time Violation
09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Classic Stepanek antics :o Now he can't win a match anymore, It's even more sad. He's just Mad Delpo while injured still routines him.
Tennis needs more bad guys, but not some old clown talking nonsense.

Agreed on all :)

FormerRafaFan
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
welll.. what would the ATP be without some trash talking? oh.. thats right, the WTA :rolleyes:

FormerRafaFan
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Nothing to see or read here, just Stepanek trolling. Del Potro wasn't faking.

What do you expect playing in Argentina, it's not a library that's part of Davis Cup. As long as they aren't shining mirrors, lasers or throwing flares, chairs or other stuff then deal with it.

Agreed. And we all know how much Davis Cup means to Delpo. Do you remember last year against Spain? Exactly. He would do anything to finish a match, ESPECIALLY on Argentine soil. He cried when he won the bronze for Argentina in the Olympis ffs. I doubt he would fake an injury. This isn't just him either.. it's about the whole team.

Nr 1 Fan
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
welll.. what would the ATP be without some trash talking? oh.. thats right, the WTA :rolleyes:

You are being sarcastic, right? Those WTA players do a lot more trash talking than the big friends club the ATP has become. They do bitchy comments all the time :lol:, I doubt the top girls like each other.

rocketassist
09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
What do people want, every player back slapping and kissing each other's arse? BORING.

Del Potro wasn't faking and Steps was trolling and stirring it up, but that's something I like to see, not everyone being lovable and blessed with humility.

Corey Feldman
09-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Steppa in the Davis Cup Final

Delpo is not

WINNER!

Zelyony
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Stepanek always shows his passion at DC.

thrust
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Stepanek is an idiot, pay no attention

TRUE!

Mark Lenders
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Stepanek is just mad that even with an injured wrist Del Potro can still easily routine him.

Topspindoctor
09-17-2012, 01:22 AM
Botox lips is most likely correct. Del-Shitro has most likely been faking and blaming "injury" on the string of the shitty results he's had after his comeback. I bet he thought he would come back and win slams, not realizing that late 2009 was the biggest fluke in tennis history :superlol:

GOATsol
09-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Botox lips is most likely correct. Del-Shitro has most likely been faking and blaming "injury" on the string of the shitty results he's had after his comeback. I bet he thought he would come back and win slams, not realizing that late 2009 was the biggest fluke in tennis history :superlol:
Yes, topspindoctor.

Del Potro, who would give anything to represent his country, whose bronze medal for Argentina meant almost as much to him as his USO did, faked an injury to get out of playing a crucial match for his country to get to the Davis Cup finals.

That makes sense.

Topspindoctor
09-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Yes, topspindoctor.

Del Potro, who would give anything to represent his country, whose bronze medal for Argentina meant almost as much to him as his USO did, faked an injury to get out of playing a crucial match for his country to get to the Davis Cup finals.

That makes sense.

Nadal faked an injury to get out out of carrying an Olympic flag for his country (he doesn't like to lift heavy things) and defend his gold medal, according to the tards here, so Del Potro faking out of DC match is not so farfetched.

GOATsol
09-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Nadal faked an injury to get out out of carrying an Olympic flag for his country (he doesn't like to lift heavy things) and defend his gold medal, according to the tards here, so Del Potro faking out of DC match is not so farfetched.
Ok, dull faking an injury to avoid carrying the flag is crazy.

But Del Potro has more pride for his country than almost any other active tennis player. He wouldn't fake an injury to get out of a Davis Cup match. He did everything he could to play and just couldn't pull it off. Most players wouldn't show up.

mark73
09-17-2012, 02:26 AM
women love him

Women LOVE confidence in a man. Stepanek is overflowing with confidence.

david_is_not_fat
09-17-2012, 03:30 AM
He's probably wrong about the injury faking but about the crowd he got a fair point!
Yes.
Still that's what makes DC fun
No.
:p
i've been there, don't recommend :)

"It's very loud. Our fans made much noise. But I think the Argies didn't show enough respect. They weren't quiet during our first services."

This. Injury thing is non sense.

GOATsol
09-17-2012, 03:34 AM
Women LOVE confidence in a man. Stepanek is overflowing with confidence.
I feel that Del Potro is sexier than Stepanek.

Am I weird?

Kat_YYZ
09-17-2012, 04:25 AM
Can't stand Stepanek, Berdych not much better. I would rather cheer for Nadal if he plays in the DC final.

GOATsol
09-17-2012, 04:29 AM
Can't stand Stepanek, Berdych not much better. I would rather cheer for Nadal if he plays in the DC final.
I agree with you, but if Nadal won, all of the tards would proclaim him the GOAT because he is the only way Spain can win the Davis Cup.

But I'm pretty sure Berdych and Del Potro don't like each other and it would hurt for Berdych to win the Davis Cup over Delpo/Nalby more than Spain winning again.