WWW Davis Cup SF: Tomas Berdych vs THE MIGHTY WARLOCQ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW Davis Cup SF: Tomas Berdych vs THE MIGHTY WARLOCQ

viruzzz
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
This is it, my friends.

Delpo had no chance vs SuperBerdych, but this is not Delpo-time.

It's the mighty Warlocq who will play tomorrow, confirmed by Martín Jaite.

Wonderful news.

Source (in spanish):
http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1508818-lesionado-del-potro-no-jugara-manana-y-la-argentina-depende-de-un-milagro-en-la-davis

Sanya
09-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Speechless. :sad:

Ash86
09-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Really really sad for Argentina. :sad: A Spain/Argentina final in Buenos Aires would have been EPIC. Great moment for Nalby to finally get glory and perhaps end his career on a high, if that is something he's considering.

Monaco needed to win that match against Berdych. Berlocq getting 3 sets from Berdych seems impossible - Tomas will need to implode as his clay level can be ridiculously high at times (thinking of Rome and Monte Carlo this year...).

Trollin Stone
09-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Is this destiny for Argentina or what? All ties played at home this year (even the potential final would be) and still no title....

EliSter
09-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Ballbasher to demolish this mug.

Legendary Lopata
09-15-2012, 09:18 PM
THAT'S great))) Bye-bye Arges.

motorhead
09-15-2012, 09:19 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

The Prince
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
God's prophet will beat the Bird.

August
09-15-2012, 09:26 PM
:bigcry: Too bad DelPo had to withdraw.

Hopefully the almighty Warlocq isn't as generous as in his previous matches, and plays GOAT tennis. :devil:

Freak3yman84
09-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Warlocq in 3. This is so juicy, my favorite player vs my least favorite player. I'm so horny now!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App

August
09-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I just noticed Warlocq has never lost a DC rubber.
On the other hand he hasn't won either.
Maybe that's why Czechs should substitute Berdych with Rosol, that'd be the most epic match ever.

Freak3yman84
09-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I just noticed Warlocq has never lost a DC rubber.
On the other hand he hasn't won either.
Maybe that's why Czechs should substitute Berdych with Rosol, that'd be the most epic match ever.

Don't make me too horny :p

TigerTim
09-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Easy meat

The Berd to be downed in a flurry of Warlocq missiles

6-0 6-0 6-1 (1 game cause charly is a nice guy)

Certinfy
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
You know the funny thing? If Berdych plays like he did against Monaco, Berlocq will win. :lol:

Corey Feldman
09-15-2012, 10:02 PM
wow, cant believe it

really thought the Argies would win this tie but no chance now

well congrats to Spain afterall on another DC title

The Prince
09-15-2012, 10:03 PM
I think CZE have a great chance to beat Spain.

Sombrerero loco
09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
berdych will destroy him

shotgun
09-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Epic blow for Argentina. Interesting that the Czech Republic could become the second team in 14 years to beat Argentina away in Davis Cup (the other one was Spain in the 2008 final).

Corey Feldman
09-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I think CZE have a great chance to beat Spain.pretty sure on a fast indoor court v a 40% Nadal, Berdy would still play like a moron and lose

watch the gods of tennis make the winning spanish rubber be Nadal beating Rosol

bastards, always a payback for the joys they give you

August
09-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Epic blow for Argentina. Interesting that the Czech Republic could become the second team in 14 years to beat Argentina away in Davis Cup (the other one was Spain in the 2008 final).

And wouldn't this be the first loss for Argies @ Parque Roca?

But in a ESP@CZE final, CZE have their chance as it's most likely a fast indoor court. If Berdy plays his best tennis and Berdy/Sexy play doubles as well as today, DC is theirs.

Freak3yman84
09-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Just so you guys know, Berlocq troubled Berdych this year in the WTC. Even though Berdych probably didn't give a spit about that tournament it still means something. And having the whole crowd behind him is only going to help. WARLOCQ IN 3! :armed:

shotgun
09-15-2012, 10:21 PM
And wouldn't this be the first loss for Argies @ Parque Roca?

Yes. The first ever at Parque Roca. The first in 14 years on clay - the last one was in 1998 against Hrbaty's Slovakia, but they still held ties at the BALTC those days. :eek:

Certinfy
09-15-2012, 10:51 PM
The Berdych from his last 3 matches against Nadal on a super fast indoor court would be very interesting for sure. Make it happen Tomas! I mean he pushed Nadal on 3 stupidly slow surfaces, on a super fast indoor hardcourt could do more than just push him.

TigerTim
09-15-2012, 10:55 PM
Berdych would make Nadal pay on a super fast indoor if Nadal is half fit

heck Sexy himself would make Nadal pay

or the UK could host the final under the roof at Wimbledon and the Czechs wheel out our old friend........you know who.........

LastRocket
09-15-2012, 10:56 PM
Berlocq has a small chance. I hope for an epic 5 set match

2012 World Team Championship
Dusseldorf Clay RR Berdych, Tomas
6-1, 6-7(2), 6-3 Stats

2011 ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami
FL, U.S.A. Hard R32 Berdych, Tomas
7-6(8), 7-5 Stats

Sombrerero loco
09-15-2012, 11:02 PM
that final would depend so much on if nadal is playing or not...

Certinfy
09-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Berdych would make Nadal pay on a super fast indoor if Nadal is half fit

heck Sexy himself would make Nadal pay

or the UK could host the final under the roof at Wimbledon and the Czechs wheel out our old friend........you know who.........
Would that even be allowed?

Would be fucking amazing I say.

TigerTim
09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Would that even be allowed?

Would be fucking amazing I say.

London to become part of the Czech Republic, I would go!!!!!!!

Ash86
09-15-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't think Nadal would go to play a final on indoor hard court in the Czech Republic. Not the best preparation for a new season - probably bad for his confidence to risk losing in 5 to Berdych indoors. Actually think tie would be tight - Ferrer can beat Steps and you never know with Berd either (Ferrer did well at WTF last year). Almagro/Stepanek would also be close - Almagro's not been atrocious at Paris indoors for example...

Slasher1985
09-15-2012, 11:30 PM
LOL, I thought there was an error in the live table when I noticed Berlocq with a Davis Cup sign there, then I noticed this thread. Too bad for DelPo, but he needs rest. Berlocq has his chance and the crowd on his side. He needs to play his best tennis though.

romismak
09-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Berdych will win this and win DC, in F no matter if Rafa or not, CZE will be home, in doubles they are favorites and in singles Berdych will be favorite vs Ferrer, Almagro even vs Rafa indoors - i think carpet can be used in DC, CZE played some matches at Teraflex, Rafa indoors is half the player outdoors + his confidence won´t be good, probably will have bad WTF with Roger, Nole, Andy and others kick his ass there so Berdych can finally beat him in F. - of course anything can happen but right now at this moment i see CZE as favorit for title, not onl yhere in ARG, but if Berdych somehow loose it is over no way Stepanek can beat Monaco.

Chase Visa
09-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Well, looks like the Argies are boned :sad:

Though now the Czechs have a gun chance. Berdych/Steps could easily beat Ferrer/Almagro at home.

Sham Kay
09-16-2012, 01:05 AM
Berlocq lacks the groundies to take a set methinks

Mark Lenders
09-16-2012, 01:31 AM
If Delpo isn't playing, it's because he really can't at all :sad: Hope he really only needs to rest his wrist for two weeks as the doctor said and can them come back strong for the indoor season.

This tie is done of course. No way a pushing, weaponless mug like Berlocq has any chance in hell of making this a match.

Czech Republic have an awesome chance in the final if Nadal doesn't play. If Rafa plays, Spain will win though as he won't lose to either Berdych or Stepanek I think.

Topspindoctor
09-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Warlocq will be down 0-6 0-6 0-5 0-40, then he will get pissed off and devour Berdshit's soul.

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 01:59 AM
In an article, it said that Delpo was in a lot of pain after his match,

Glad he made the right choice, but I really wanted Delpo and Nalby to be on the winning team together.

ssj100
09-16-2012, 03:19 AM
In an article, it said that Delpo was in a lot of pain after his match,

Glad he made the right choice, but I really wanted Delpo and Nalby to be on the winning team together.

Del Potro would have schooled Djokovic in the US Open and crushed Murray if he was fully fit.

LinkMage
09-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Del Puto does it again. 2nd time this money lover screws Argentina in a crucial tie. :whoreshit:

Hope he never gets selected again for DC. I'd rather lose in the 1st round than have this traitor in the team.

BroTree123
09-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Warlocq to put the war in Warlocq.

Mark Lenders
09-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Del Puto does it again. 2nd time this money lover screws Argentina in a crucial tie. :whoreshit:

Hope he never gets selected again for DC. I'd rather lose in the 1st round than have this traitor in the team.

You gotta be kididng. The only reason Argentina aren't getting swept here is because Del Potro risked aggravating his wrist injury by playing and beating Stepanek. Not to mention the only reason Argentina are in the semis is because Delpo took care of Croatia.

Even if he could play tomorrow (which he would if it was possible) and beat Berdych, Argentina would still lose because the rest of the team is completely useless :zzz:

Hope you enjoy 1st round exits because that's what will happen if Delpo doesn't play DC. Monaco, Berlocq and Schwank can't beat anyone.

GOATsol
09-16-2012, 04:07 AM

Are you kidding me? It's impressive how he actually tried to play the tie, even though it could fuck up his career. He obviously loves his country--that bronze meant a great deal to him.

Mark Lenders
09-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Are you kidding me? It's impressive how he actually tried to play the tie, even though it could fuck up his career. He obviously loves his country--that bronze meant a great deal to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJq6n5cobdI - how can anyone put his patriotism in question?

JMDP really needs to be extremely patriotic to risk aggravating injury when his teammates are effing Monaco, Berlocq and Schwank. Basically, even if he did win his two matches, 90% chances Argentina would lose anyway due to the sheer incompetence of the rest of the team. I know how much DC means to Juan, but in a way it's better to see him rest up his wrist than beating Berdych and then having to watch as Mugaco inevitably throws his efforts to waste.

If Nalby and Delpo are fit next year, Argentina will have their chance at the Cup.

Del GOATro
09-16-2012, 08:16 AM

Shut up you stupid clown. Get a life.

tennishero
09-16-2012, 09:58 AM
always the same

Marcoo
09-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Would so funny if Berlocq won !! :D

tennishero
09-16-2012, 10:42 AM
please tell me this is a bluff

cmoss
09-16-2012, 11:24 AM
Berych CAN'T decide this match by himself,it's all depend on the Great one.:wavey:

Orka_n
09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Warlocq to unleash the beast.

green25814
09-16-2012, 12:23 PM
If Spain play the Czechs in the final on fast indoor court then I would use Lopez for a rubber match instead of Almagro. Lopez and Ferrer would likely be better than either Nadal or Almagro in those circumstances.

Sjengster
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM
If Spain play the Czechs in the final on fast indoor court then I would use Lopez for a rubber match instead of Almagro. Lopez and Ferrer would likely be better than either Nadal or Almagro in those circumstances.

Interesting to note that when Spain won the DC back in 2004, they squeaked past the Czechs in the first round, in the Czech Republic, coming from 2-1 down with Lopez beating a teenage Berdych and then a 17-year old Nadal clinching it over Stepanek in the fifth rubber.

Nr 1 Fan
09-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Pff, another title to Spain. But I am glad Delpo is doing the sensible thing here.

MaxPower
09-16-2012, 01:54 PM
This is where the Czechs should have said: "So you're sending your most feared weapon, we can play that game too" Then send in ROSOL!

but ah well Berd vs Warlocq is a special treat for the fans. Rosol can be saved for Spain

fifthsetshootout
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Smart decision for DelPo, although it's devastating for Argentina. Pico should have won the second rubber against Berdych.

Berdych seems to attract a sub-set of fangirls who go ga-ga for "bad boys." Their selection of player idols is eye-rollingly predictable---Berdych, Gulbis, Ryan Harrison, (insert name of obnoxious but somewhat physically attractive player). Thankfully, Berdych also comes with high volatility. Let's see if Berlocq can take advantage of that to pull of a big upset.

Nr 1 Fan
09-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Now the czechs play the final Nadal Will do anything to be able to play, and hope for a Stepanek injury so Rosol comes into play.

LinkMage
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
You gotta be kididng. The only reason Argentina aren't getting swept here is because Del Potro risked aggravating his wrist injury by playing and beating Stepanek. Not to mention the only reason Argentina are in the semis is because Delpo took care of Croatia.

Even if he could play tomorrow (which he would if it was possible) and beat Berdych, Argentina would still lose because the rest of the team is completely useless :zzz:

Hope you enjoy 1st round exits because that's what will happen if Delpo doesn't play DC. Monaco, Berlocq and Schwank can't beat anyone.

Shut up you stupid clown. Get a life.

2009: decides to play Shanghai Masters Cup injured instead of pulling out and recover for the final.

2012: plays Toronto, Cincy and USO injured instead of pulling out and recover.

This clown doesn't give a shit for DC. He also skipped some 1st rounds in February because it fucked up his schedule of playing the European Indoor circuit. :shrug:

fifthsetshootout
09-17-2012, 04:26 AM
2009: decides to play Shanghai Masters Cup injured instead of pulling out and recover for the final.

2012: plays Toronto, Cincy and USO injured instead of pulling out and recover.

This clown doesn't give a shit for DC. He also skipped some 1st rounds in February because it fucked up his schedule of playing the European Indoor circuit. :shrug:

You seriously think it's sane for a top 8 player with a finite shelf-life, to skip two Masters and a Grand Slam to prepare for a Davis Cup SF? Come back to earth: Davis Cup is important, but it doesn't trump a Slam and two Masters events.

If you look at the top players (Federer, Nadal, Djokovic), they all established an early pattern of not playing R1 at Davis Cup during their "absolute peak" years. Fed played R1 this year, but 2012 is different from his early years of domination. Nalbandian gave his all for Davis Cup, but how did that work out for the rest of his career? It's not healthy for a player to risk his health the way Nalbandian did for Davis Cup. Even Nalbandian fans probably disagreed with his insistence on playing Davis Cup in the past.

Del Potro took a risk by playing the first rubber in the SF, and he won the only point for Argentina (not counting the dead rubber that Pico won). For those eager to cast blame, it makes sense to look at the other players on the team as well. If I wanted to, I could blame Pico for losing his grip while he was up 4-1 in the fourth set against Berdych. Pico's been having a great year in 2012, he could have closed that match out and set himself up for a win over Stepanek in a deciding rubber. It didn't work out that way though.

Del Potro played his heart out against Spain last year in the final. He won the decisive rubber against Djokovic last year in the SF (yes, it was via retirement, but he played well to force the retirement). Del Potro won bronze for Argentina at the Olympics --- again, after playing his heart out during the SF against Fed, and then by beating Djokovic in the bronze-medal match. It's not the smartest play to accuse him of not caring about playing for his country.