Guccione/Hewitt def. Becker/Petzschner 6-3, 6-2, 2-6, 7-6(4) GER - AUS 1-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guccione/Hewitt def. Becker/Petzschner 6-3, 6-2, 2-6, 7-6(4) GER - AUS 1-2

Trollin Stone
09-15-2012, 02:48 PM
This is over for Germany I think. Australia for the 1st time since 2007 in the WG

The Prince
09-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Crap. Need a Mayer-Stebe double tomorrow. Not looking good. :sad:

Julián Santiago
09-15-2012, 03:15 PM
It would be difficult for Hewitt to defeat Stebe or Becker, but it`s possible.

And Tomug can defeat Florian Mayer also

marquez
09-15-2012, 03:15 PM
:cuckoo:

stebe wont play a decisive rubber against hewitt
petzschner will play

marquez
09-15-2012, 03:16 PM
hewitt struggled with mayer's variety
why would unexperienced stebe play if you have a similar player in terms of variety in petzschner as well?

hewitt will win most likely, but stebe was so poor against tomic, he wont play the decisive rubber

Hewitt =Legend
09-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Great stuff boys, did magnificently to dig out that fourth set.

Will most likely come down to a Hewitt/Picasso 5th rubber. Anything could happen...

Julián Santiago
09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
hewitt struggled with mayer's variety
why would unexperienced stebe play if you have a similar player in terms of variety in petzschner as well?

hewitt will win most likely, but stebe was so poor against tomic, he wont play the decisive rubber

Ok, but Why Stebe played yesterday?

:eek:

I would put Becker or Petzchner instead of him

The Prince
09-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Stebe should play the last rubber. This is clay, lol. He might be a mental mug, but he's thrice the player that either Becker or Petzschner are on clay.

kiriri***
09-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Ok, but Why Stebe played yesterday?

:eek:

I would put Becker or Petzchner instead of him

Becker and Petzchner have never won on clay this year:cuckoo:
Stebe is OK on clay but he isn't stable:rolleyes:

German choice is very strange:shrug:

shotgun
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Petzsche is a proven DC player, he should play and win tomorrow against Hewitt.

Julián Santiago
09-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Becker and Petzchner have never won on clay this year:cuckoo:
Stebe is OK on clay but he isn't stable:rolleyes:

German choice is very strange:shrug:

They are really strange. If they have put grass again Argentina, the will go further in Davis Cup.

But the NOC have problems with Kohli, Haas. And now choose again clay (!)

And Stebe, Ok. He`s not a bad player, but is a mental mug. Petzchner and Becker are better than him.

By the way, he can defeat Hewitt, but the australian is going to fight very hard and Stebe is not good under pressure

Björki
09-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Good bye Germany. Hewitt wont lose a decidier

Trollin Stone
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
^last year WG playoffs anyone? I know that Wawrinka is a different level to Becker/Petzschner/Stebe on clay but Lleyton isnt as mentally tough as he used to be.....

StevoTG
09-15-2012, 06:53 PM
^last year WG playoffs anyone? I know that Wawrinka is a different level to Becker/Petzschner/Stebe on clay but Lleyton isnt as mentally tough as he used to be.....

Lleyton could barely move half way through that Wawrinka match. He was out of position on pretty much all of his shots in the last two sets. That said, he was out of position for the majority of his shots against Mayer here (I'm assuming and hoping that's down to lack of matches on the surface, rather than an injury like in last years playoff), and I think Stebe has the ability to beat him on such evidence, if he can handle the pressure. I also agree that Lleyton isn't as solid under pressure as he used to be so it could be a scrappy affair.

Mayer - Tomic is one that people are afraid to call because nobody has faith in Florian putting two good performances in in a row. Kuhnen said he played perfect on day 1. Tomic, though improving, still doesn't look comfortable on the clay and you feel a smart player will be able to exploit that. Will Mayer play a smart match?

Anyhow, I was at work today so I missed the doubles. Good match?

bad gambler
09-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Tomic really needs to beat Mayer

I can't trust Hewitt in a 5th rubber :sad:

Intheshadows
09-16-2012, 01:51 AM
And Stebe, Ok. He`s not a bad player, but is a mental mug. Petzchner and Becker are better than him.

By the way, he can defeat Hewitt, but the australian is going to fight very hard and Stebe is not good under pressure

In the doubles the Gooch wasn't the worst player on the court, yes please on Becker playing the decider. No chance of that happening.

Chase Visa
09-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Good result. Still think we may lose though - Tomic's not good enough to beat Mayer on clay, and Hewitt hasn't won on clay in a couple of years iirc.