Rojer/Haase def. Fed/Wawrinka 6-4, 6-2, 5-7, 6-3; NED - SUI 1-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rojer/Haase def. Fed/Wawrinka 6-4, 6-2, 5-7, 6-3; NED - SUI 1-2

Trollin Stone
09-15-2012, 02:40 PM
well, not like Dutchies are going to win the tie, but.....

Freak3yman84
09-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Fedwrinka is now a sub-par team...

Chris Kuerten
09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Fluke Olympic champions exposed once again.

Roamed
09-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I was at their R2 match at the Olympics where they won the first set 6-1 then lost... they just relax way too much and it's going to come back to bite them because now they have to play tomorrow.

TigerTim
09-15-2012, 02:51 PM
oh dear....................

clowawa & frauderer exposed for the doubles mugs they are

Nr 1 Fan
09-15-2012, 02:57 PM
They were just not in the game at all. They weren't engaging to play a tennis match. Especially Federer proves again he doesn't give a crap about Davis Cup. That said, both looked absolutely uninterested.

Trollin Stone
09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
^Im sure he would be interested if this was a SF......

Nr 1 Fan
09-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Rojer played like a beast though!

Looner
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
They were just not in the game at all. They weren't engaging to play a tennis match. Especially Federer proves again he doesn't give a crap about Davis Cup. That said, both looked absolutely uninterested.

WTF are you on about, hater?!? Federer is 31 years old and playing b2b2b BO5 matches proves he's not interested :confused: and in the meantime putting his YE #1 hopes in danger. Jesus, some people really are clueless.

barbadosan
09-15-2012, 03:07 PM

Logic would not appear to be your forte:confused:

Signing up to play 3 back-to-back best of 5's when he could be home chilling and taking it easy to make the last push for the year, proves he doesn't give a crap about Davis Cup?? Run that by me again, Mr Selector

acionescu
09-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Wow, that was.......unexpected, to say the least :o

shotgun
09-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Rojer, what a guy. From playing Group II ties in the Netherlands Antilles, to this.

Kworb
09-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I think they broke the NED serve only once? Poor returning throughout.

kiriri***
09-15-2012, 05:17 PM
I didn't know Rojer is good doubles player until today.
Haase also played good:D

Federinka:o They played poorly especially, 1st and 2nd set:o

Nr 1 Fan
09-15-2012, 05:42 PM
WTF are you on about, hater?!? Federer is 31 years old and playing b2b2b BO5 matches proves he's not interested :confused: and in the meantime putting his YE #1 hopes in danger. Jesus, some people really are clueless.

Signing up to play 3 back-to-back best of 5's when he could be home chilling and taking it easy to make the last push for the year, proves he doesn't give a crap about Davis Cup?? Run that by me again, Mr Selector

Yes, physically he's there, but he looks sooooo uninterested. I honestly think he doesn't give a crap about winning/losing the tie. He's just too relaxed out there, lacks inspiration. If he really was trying his best, then this is a poor sign: his level is dramatic.
I think he just sees this tie as a training.

Nr 1 Fan
09-15-2012, 05:45 PM
And that about the back to back best of 5 matches: even in training mode he knows he can routine De Bakker 3,4 and 4, so that's hardly a match that's gonna take its toll, is it?

The unlucky part of course is that due to their nonchalance today, he again has to play 3 sets tomorrow.

Corey Feldman
09-15-2012, 09:06 PM
unreal Fed

now he has to play this dangerous choker Haase

Jverweij
09-15-2012, 09:27 PM

sorry but have you seen him play these 2 rubbers? nr1fan is spot on in his assesment :shrug:. Yes Fed is there, but he looks flat and uninterested. The dutch team (especially Rojes) played a great match today, but most of that was made possible by Fed and Wawrinka playing as uninspired as I've ever seen either of em play. Seriously if you're gonna play for your country, you might as well play with your heart, even if you already know 10% of your best will get you the win.

Pscht
09-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Dutch team was inspired while Wawderer didn't give a fuck.

Sunset of Age
09-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Great job by the Dutch doubles team, once again shows how much of a genuine doubles talent Jean-Julien Rojer truly is - it's not without reason that he's the current partner of reknown doubles player Mr. Qureshi.
He bloody well showed WHY today. :yeah:

That said, the Swiss team was absolutely awful in the first two sets. Federer even hit a genuine home-run mishit, as I was at the final top end of the stands I tried to catch it, but to no avail - the ball flew right out of the stadium. :worship:
I wish I had my camera with me to capture it but unfortunately I didn't.

Great atmosphere, lovely weather, fantastic job by the Dutchies, keeping the tie 'alive'. :D

LinkMage
09-16-2012, 02:36 AM
WTF is Fed doing having to play 3 BO5 matches in 3 days when he is 31 years old??? :cuckoo:

Should be resting for Shanghai's mud courts. :( :( :(