Del Potro to Play Davis Cup SF This Weekend Against His Doctor's Advice [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Del Potro to Play Davis Cup SF This Weekend Against His Doctor's Advice

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 12:45 AM
"I'm going to put in my best effort and do my best, I will for the (Argentinian) people.

Despite the injury, I'll take a risk, do my best as always and hope things turn out alright."

:stupid: :facepalm:

It's a well known fact that Del Potro won't quit from a Slam or big Davis Cup tie unless his arms and legs fall off, but why the hell isn't the captain or someone else from the Argentine team stepping up and simply forbidding him from playing/protecting his health?

His doctor said he should not play and should protect his wrist, surely the Argentine captain should not allow him to play here. If he aggravates a wrist injury again like in AO 2010 :facepalm:

Freak3yman84
09-13-2012, 12:50 AM
:mad: :banghead: Let the Warlocq step up and lead the team to victory!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App

rocketassist
09-13-2012, 12:58 AM
I think part of him might still be feeling guilty over his decision to play TMC in 08 and then burned out against LaLo in a 5 setter when he was expected to win.

Topspindoctor
09-13-2012, 01:02 AM
Del Potro forum. Who the hell cares?

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 01:10 AM
I think part of him might still be feeling guilty over his decision to play TMC in 08 and then burned out against LaLo in a 5 setter when he was expected to win.

Why would he feel guilty of that? Was he supposed to skip TMC?

It has nothing to do with guilt though, he will just never quit until the point of no return. He played AO 2010 with a bad wrist, RG this year with a taped knee, took shots before every match to make his wrist pain bearable during this USO... it's just who he is, no matter how many injuries he will keep fighting and playing through them.

The question here is why the hell the Argentine captain is allowing him to play? Surely any responsible captain would put his players' health first - although, let's be honest, with Nalby out, Delpo winning his two singles is the only chance Argentina have here as Monaco will almost surely lose to both Berdych and Stepanek.

Someone in the Argentine team should just step up and forbid him from playing.

Roamed
09-13-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm worried.. have a bad feeling this decision will wreck the rest of his season.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm worried.. have a bad feeling this decision will wreck the rest of his season.

You're not the only one :sad: My worst fear is that he might need another surgery, that could spell the end of his career at the highest level.

Unbelievable that the Argentine captain or someone in the Argentine team isn't simply stopping him from playing, what a brilliant way to protect their best player's health :rolleyes:

Not only is his wrist an issue, he's pressured to win both his single rubbers (which he probably will) if Argentina are to have any chance.

Tag
09-13-2012, 01:32 AM
fucking clown

this is why he cannot consistently challenge for slams (1 so far) and masters (0 so far)

his spastic scheduling almost rivals nadal's

why not skip the tie, play some indoor tournaments (stockholm/vienna + paris), get a few wins at the Year End Championships, then rest up for the AO, then onto the clay swing?

but no, this sort of schedule makes too much sense and is too healthy

Topspindoctor
09-13-2012, 01:42 AM
fucking clown

this is why he cannot consistently challenge for slams (1 so far) and masters (0 so far)

The reason he can't challenge for slams is his lack of talent and lack of game, not poor scheduling. Pushray won something like 9 masters before he won the big one. Del-Shitro basically fluked his way to a big title and was his usual mug self ever since. In my book he's worse player than Ferrer, Berdych and Tsonga.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 01:43 AM
I can understand why Del Potro has decided to play (apart from his usual stubborness, unmatched determination to play through any adversity): hell, I would not dare leave my country's destiny in DC in the hands of Mugaco and Berlocq/Chela. With Nalbandian out, JMDP winning his two singles is the only hope Argentina have here.

On the other hand, the captain's decision to actually let him play is baffling. He played the USO through shots to make his wrist pain bearable and was advised by the doctors to stop for at least two weeks, is this how the Argentine captain protects the health of his best player?

Tag
09-13-2012, 01:55 AM
del potro's desire for his country is admirable, but davis cup comes around every year

a career ending injury is exactly that. he's fortunate to have come back the way he has after one serious injury; he shouldn't be tempting fate so blatantly

xargon
09-13-2012, 02:17 AM
I hope he and Nalby, Monaco win this.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 02:25 AM
I love Del Potro and admire his desire to fight for his country, I really do. But he really shouldn't do this. I really hope this turns out ok and isn't like AO 2010 all over again.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Why would he feel guilty of that? Was he supposed to skip TMC?

It has nothing to do with guilt though, he will just never quit until the point of no return. He played AO 2010 with a bad wrist, RG this year with a taped knee, took shots before every match to make his wrist pain bearable during this USO... it's just who he is, no matter how many injuries he will keep fighting and playing through them.

The question here is why the hell the Argentine captain is allowing him to play? Surely any responsible captain would put his players' health first - although, let's be honest, with Nalby out, Delpo winning his two singles is the only chance Argentina have here as Monaco will almost surely lose to both Berdych and Stepanek.

Someone in the Argentine team should just step up and forbid him from playing.
Where did you hear about the shots before his matches at the USO?

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 02:36 AM
Where did you hear about the shots before his matches at the USO?

http://numeroochoweb.com/tenis/lo-de-del-potro-es-un-acto-de-coraje-1579

In case you don't understand Spanish, here's the translation of the relevant bit:

(...) In order to play the US Open, he had to take shots before the matches, that's the only way he could play.

star
09-13-2012, 02:43 AM
I wish him well with this decision.

The tour needs him.

I dont' care what the posters here who want to say crazy things about players post. Del Portro is one of the best players on the tour. He's proved that many times. There's nobody quite like him. I'm not a fan of his, but surely anyone who thinks about tennis in even a mildly objective way can see he's a formidable player.

motorhead
09-13-2012, 02:56 AM
expected, they wouldn't stand a chance without him.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 03:02 AM
http://numeroochoweb.com/tenis/lo-de-del-potro-es-un-acto-de-coraje-1579

In case you don't understand Spanish, here's the translation of the relevant bit:
I don't speak Spanish, so thanks for translating!

Slade
09-13-2012, 03:25 AM
Del Pothead :crazy:

I guess he doesn't trust Mugaco

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I wish him well with this decision.

The tour needs him.

I dont' care what the posters here who want to say crazy things about players post. Del Portro is one of the best players on the tour. He's proved that many times. There's nobody quite like him. I'm not a fan of his, but surely anyone who thinks about tennis in even a mildly objective way can see he's a formidable player.

Great comment, fully agree :yeah:

I don't speak Spanish, so thanks for translating!

Welcome :) I assume he will also take shots before his DC matches this week, just hope everything turns out alright for him.

Looner
09-13-2012, 08:05 AM
If Del Potro does not wreck his career with this stupid decision, such thinking will ruin him sooner rather than later. Someone should tie him down in his sleep and sedate him so he cannot get to the arena or something like that.

Anything but allowing him to deprive the ATP of its only realistic hope of an attacking player actually winning something that matters in years after the GOAT retires.

Certinfy
09-13-2012, 08:12 AM
As much as I want to see Berdych vs Del Potro, this is beyond stupid. It's only fucking Davis Cup!

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 08:21 AM
If Del Potro does not wreck his career with this stupid decision, such thinking will ruin him sooner rather than later. Someone should tie him down in his sleep and sedate him so he cannot get to the arena or something like that.

Anything but allowing him to deprive the ATP of its only realistic hope of an attacking player actually winning something that matters in years after the GOAT retires.

I approve of this solution, seems to be the only way really :lol: The Argentine captain should just forbid him of playing, ultimately it's him who decides and he should put the health of his best player first. It beggars belief that they will actually let him play.

And yeah, after Federer retires or has a steep decline Del Potro is probably the only thing standing between Nadal, Murray and Djokovic pushing and grinding for 5+ hours against each other in each and every GS semi and final. There doesn't seem to be any other young player with an attacking style and Slam winning potential, which makes it even more important that JMDP takes care of his health as best as possible.

BroTree123
09-13-2012, 08:22 AM
He won't stand a chance either way so I don't why he would bother :o

Jimnik
09-13-2012, 08:23 AM
True Spartan this Pony.

tripwires
09-13-2012, 08:32 AM
I admire his dedication to his country, but his decision is extremely short-sighted. This could potentially affect the rest of his career, which includes more DC ties than the one coming up this weekend.

Hope he doesn't aggravate his injury this weekend. Delpo. :hug:

Sophitia36
09-13-2012, 08:48 AM
:stupid: :facepalm:

It's a well known fact that Del Potro won't quit from a Slam or big Davis Cup tie unless his arms and legs fall off, but why the hell isn't the captain or someone else from the Argentine team stepping up and simply forbidding him from playing/protecting his health?

His doctor said he should not play and should protect his wrist, surely the Argentine captain should not allow him to play here. If he aggravates a wrist injury again like in AO 2010 :facepalm:

I agree with you... I understand why he wants to play, because let's face it, they're in big trouble if both he and Nalbandian are both missing from the team.
But definitely, even when the player is stubborn or unreasonable because he's so desperate to play for his country, it is the duty of the captain to protect him and enforce the doctor's decision.
It may have been unreasonable to play the US Open already, so playing the Davis Cup, too... That's taking a big risk.

Del Potro forum. Who the hell cares?
I assume this is trolling but just in case.
Everyone who cares about the Davis Cup is interested in knowing whether Del Potro will play or not.

Nr 1 Fan
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM

Yup, or maybe even worse. AO 2010 was also 1 tournament too much and see what that did to him.
This is maybe good for his Argentinian fans, but for his other fans he shouldn't have to do this, on the contrary it's only frustrating because we don't care about if he wins for Argentinia or not + he can ruin rest of his season.

Chris Kuerten
09-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Confirmed brainless.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Yup, or maybe even worse. AO 2010 was also 1 tournament too much and see what that did to him.
This is maybe good for his Argentinian fans, but for his other fans he shouldn't have to do this, on the contrary it's only frustrating because we don't care about if he wins for Argentinia or not + he can ruin rest of his season.

I actually want him to win DC for Argentina at least once, as it means the world to him, but not at the expense of his long term health. His comeback from surgery has been brilliant and inspiring: he has returned to the top as quickly as possible and put himself in a position to compete for the big titles again and he's still improving. Another surgery - a distinct possibility if he doesn't rest that wrist as the doctor ordered - would destroy all the great work he's done and probably put an end to his career at the very highest level.

I agree with you... I understand why he wants to play, because let's face it, they're in big trouble if both he and Nalbandian are both missing from the team.
But definitely, even when the player is stubborn or unreasonable because he's so desperate to play for his country, it is the duty of the captain to protect him and enforce the doctor's decision.
It may have been unreasonable to play the US Open already, so playing the Davis Cup, too... That's taking a big risk.

This. It's easy to understand why he wants to play, but the captain shouldn't allow him. Amazing that no one in the Argentine team seems to have even considered protecting the health of their best player by enforcing the doctor's decision.

It's only a Davis Cup tie; if Argentina want any future DC success, a healthy Del Potro should be in their best interest as he is their only realistic shot of winning DC in the near future.

duong
09-13-2012, 09:46 AM
You can blame Del Potro if you want, he's an adult who takes his responsibilities, but don't blame the captain for that !

Without him, Nalbandian being already out, they are fucked.

And it's a great chance for Argentina to win the Davis cup and maybe Nalbandian's last chance.

No way the captain should "advice" Del Po not to play except if he can guess he will not finish the match.

Besides, I think people are going too far when they pretend that it's a carreer threatening injury, we've heard nothing like that.

I heard nobody making drama like that about him playing the US Open, and whether people like it or not, Davis cup is a very important competition in tennis history even though all modern top-4 players don't care about it this way.

duong
09-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I would not dare leave my country's destiny in DC in the hands of Mugaco and Berlocq/Chela.

Chela is not in the team, has not played since Wimbledon.

Does anybody have news about him by the way ? I've tried to ask already on his section of the forum but had not answer then I try here :lol:

uxyzapenje
09-13-2012, 11:16 AM
You can blame Del Potro if you want, he's an adult who takes his responsibilities, but don't blame the captain for that !

Without him, Nalbandian being already out, they are fucked.

And it's a great chance for Argentina to win the Davis cup and maybe Nalbandian's last chance.

No way the captain should "advice" Del Po not to play except if he can guess he will not finish the match.

Besides, I think people are going too far when they pretend that it's a carreer threatening injury, we've heard nothing like that.

I heard nobody making drama like that about him playing the US Open, and whether people like it or not, Davis cup is a very important competition in tennis history even though all modern top-4 players don't care about it this way.

It's important, but they don't care? Novak cares, Rafa cares. Murray would care if GB wasn't in Euro-African zone 3 or some shit like that. Fed not so much I guess.

On topic, fuck it Delpo :( Do you now see Lenders what i ment when I said he needs to work on his fitness and stop getting a mini injury like this every other week. He just doesn't want to rest when he should. That's a part of working on your fitness. Fitness doesn't mean just being able to run around the court for 5 hours. I also means being able to maintain your body healthy. And he's not beating Berdych injured anyway...

NID
09-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Really stupid of him. Djokovic did the same thing last year, got injured and lost a ton of points and eventually the no.1 spot.
Delpo will at this rate retire before Federer

Pratik
09-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Trying his best to destroy his body before the WTF
:banghead::banghead:

duong
09-13-2012, 12:34 PM
It's important, but they don't care? Novak cares, Rafa cares. Murray would care if GB wasn't in Euro-African zone 3 or some shit like that. Fed not so much I guess.

it's important in tennis history but it's clearly a second-level priority for all of them.

They're all the same : they all play only if it fits their personal interests and because of their "reputation" in their country. And I don't see how Murray and Fed have made less efforts than Djokovic and Nadal in recent years : it's factually the opposite.

Nadal never plays outside of Spain, didn't come with his teammates in the dangerous trip to the USA last year where Ferrer and Lopez did the job, did the same in 2007.

Considered playing the semi because it was in Spain and would be good conditions to come back.

Djokovic hasn't played for 2 years except losing a double and playing one set against Del Potro.

And Djokovic promoted a new formula for the Davis cup like a "world championship" for 2 weeks in one place every 2 years. Of course he knows he has to satisfy his countrymen for his reputation in a very nationalistic country but that's all, he would dream of getting rid of Davis cup.

Djokovic and Nadal do the same as Fed did : played the Davis cup when they were young, miss it in their prime because they have other priorities. The only difference between them and Fed, esp. for Nadal, is that their team can win without them and anyway without them playing the double.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Del Potro probably sees the Davis Cup like a slam.

August
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Nice to see DelPo caring about DC this much, if only he can play there, then let him play. If he could play USO, why couldn't he play DC? I know ice hockey players play big matches injured, they shouldn't play but neither them nor their teams want them to miss those matches. But as he has those injury problems, I think he should skip the Asian tournaments, especially if Argentina gets to DC final, WTF isn't too important.

duong
09-13-2012, 02:45 PM

players outside of the top-4 are always more interested in Davis cup than the top-4 because for them it's the best opportunity to do something big as they have few chances in slams.

MaxPower
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I support it. It shows heart and passion for his country. That's why he took a bronze in the Olympics when others couldn't fully reload.

It's this type of commitment that can bring DC prestige again. Not that top players quit it because they have a minor injury. Some would quit DC over a hurting toe-nail because there isn't much points/money at stake for most pros. It's sad.

DelPo shows he means business. His love for the argentinian people is real. They are lucky to have an athlete like that. Most likely he will be just fine, if not at least he didn't injure himself in some useless vulture mission in Asia.

DJ Soup
09-13-2012, 02:53 PM
I think people here are overreacting. The injury doesn't get worse, thus why he played the USO and got into heavy rallies with Nole.
But the injury isn't curing either. So basically, we won't be seeing much Delpo for a while after the Davis, until he's fully recovered, that's all.

Johnny Groove
09-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Y'all just don't understand his pride.

This is very admirable, something from the old days of tennis.

Delpo is an old school champion.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 03:17 PM
players outside of the top-4 are always more interested in Davis cup than the top-4 because for them it's the best opportunity to do something big as they have few chances in slams.

Yeah, Del Potro is clearly just trying to add some glitter to his Slamless career by playing Davis Cup :rolleyes:

Oh most definitely. He's extremely patriotic, I'm pretty sure he wants a Davis Cup title as much as he wants a second Slam title.

Really stupid of him. Djokovic did the same thing last year, got injured and lost a ton of points and eventually the no.1 spot.
Delpo will at this rate retire before Federer

It's definitely not out of the realms of possibility. Despite being 8 years younger, Del Potro can only dream of being as fit and healthy as Federer.

On topic, fuck it Delpo :( Do you now see Lenders what i ment when I said he needs to work on his fitness and stop getting a mini injury like this every other week. He just doesn't want to rest when he should. That's a part of working on your fitness. Fitness doesn't mean just being able to run around the court for 5 hours. I also means being able to maintain your body healthy. And he's not beating Berdych injured anyway...

No, I don't. If he refused to play through injury, he'd have skipped RG, Wimbledon, USO, Rome, etc... this year alone. He's extremely injury prone, until that stops he either plays through the pain or skips like the majority of big events.

He might very well beat Berdych. Even injured, there's only like a handful of players who can consistently stop him. I won't be surprised in any way if he does beat Berdych even injured, in fact I expect it: it'd be the second time this year that'd happen after Roland Garros with a bad knee.

I think people here are overreacting. The injury doesn't get worse, thus why he played the USO and got into heavy rallies with Nole.
But the injury isn't curing either. So basically, we won't be seeing much Delpo for a while after the Davis, until he's fully recovered, that's all.

He had to take shots before matches to play the USO though and was far from optimal condition. I hope you're right though and he just takes a big rest after DC.

DJ Soup
09-13-2012, 03:41 PM
He had to take shots before matches to play the USO though and was far from optimal condition. I hope you're right though and he just takes a big rest after DC.

that's what he said

star
09-13-2012, 04:04 PM

I think this is right. I think the South Americans can be very passionate about DC. I've always admired them for that passion. I think maybe it's more difficult to understand for fans of players like Sampras or Federer and others who have put DC on the back burner in favor of their own personal goals.

I tend to give Davis Cup less importance than tournaments, but there's hardly any other venue for great heroics and improbable wins.

alfonsojose
09-13-2012, 06:48 PM
He wants to be the next one slam wonder :mad: Estas loco, Juan :tears: ?

Horatio Caine
09-13-2012, 07:07 PM
Admirable decision, but perhaps unwise long-term, as others have suggested.

However, it does also send a very strong message to the Czechs - Del Potro almost inferring that he needs to play to boost his team's chances. Without him, they are the underdogs.

scoobs
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Unwise long term but this may be Argentina's last chance for Nalbandian to win Davis Cup...he's needed for that. Hope he knows what he's doing though.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Admirable decision, but perhaps unwise long-term, as others have suggested.

However, it does also send a very strong message to the Czechs - Del Potro almost inferring that he needs to play to boost his team's chances. Without him, they are the underdogs.

Without JMDP, they have NO chance at all, 0.

There's a better chance I'll sleep with Kirilenko tonight than the mug likes of Mugaco and Berlocq winning three rubbers against the Czech team.

GSMnadal
09-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Like a true Spartan, Nadal is proud of you, son :awww:

duong
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
There's a better chance I'll sleep with Kirilenko tonight than the mug likes of Mugaco and Berlocq winning three rubbers against the Czech team.

we've seen much stranger things in Davis cup ;) (I mean than Berlocq and Monaco winning 3 rubbers, not than you sleeping with Kirilenko :p )

Certinfy
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
There's a better chance I'll sleep with Kirilenko tonight than the mug likes of Mugaco and Berlocq winning three rubbers against the Czech team.No, there isn't. :lol:

DrJules
09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Like a true Spartan, Nadal is proud of you, son :awww:

Nadal is out injured.

What is so clever about this "spartan" behaviour.

GSMnadal
09-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Nadal is out injured.

Kinda stepping on my point here, doc.

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Not true.

uxyzapenje
09-13-2012, 09:04 PM
it's important in tennis history but it's clearly a second-level priority for all of them.

They're all the same : they all play only if it fits their personal interests and because of their "reputation" in their country. And I don't see how Murray and Fed have made less efforts than Djokovic and Nadal in recent years : it's factually the opposite.

Nadal never plays outside of Spain, didn't come with his teammates in the dangerous trip to the USA last year where Ferrer and Lopez did the job, did the same in 2007.

Considered playing the semi because it was in Spain and would be good conditions to come back.

Djokovic hasn't played for 2 years except losing a double and playing one set against Del Potro.

But do they rly need to play? Why not let the lower ranked players get some points and they could rest after more matches they player compared to them. Novak played against Delpo injured, the same case Delpo is doing now. Why would he need to play against India, Sweden or Uzbekistan when Tipsarevic and Troicki are good enough to rutine them? And Spain could rutine even stronger courties without Nadal.

Lenders, what do you consider being 'injury prone'? It's some imaginary state of player? It's a part of being fit. If you're fit enough you would need to be hit by a truck to get injured. Delpo is injured all the time. working on your fitness is also about making sure you can last for the whole season, getting your muscles rdy to sustain long matches and long season and also changing your game style a little here and there to avoid these injuries. Not just preparing your lungs and legs, he's not running a marathon

duong
09-13-2012, 10:19 PM
But do they rly need to play? Why not let the lower ranked players get some points and they could rest after more matches they player compared to them. Novak played against Delpo injured, the same case Delpo is doing now. Why would he need to play against India, Sweden or Uzbekistan when Tipsarevic and Troicki are good enough to rutine them? And Spain could rutine even stronger courties without Nadal.

I agree for Djokovic against India and Sweden without Söderling, but this year Serbia lost in Czech Republic on clay without him right after Miami.

For Nadal it's worse : he only plays in Spain which means when they hardly need him, and he didn't play twice in the US for a dangerous tie (Spain won in 2011 but they were not favourite at all against an in-form Fish and Roddick).

Anyway, yes, Switzerland ALWAYS needs Federer, and Great-Britain nearly always needs Murray ... and that's why if you carefully look, they played quite often, contrary to what you made look in a previous post. And for them that includes the double, and contrary to Nadal and Djokovic Murray has no hope at all for glory, and Fed hardly has any hope.

evilmindbulgaria
09-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Without JMDP, they have NO chance at all, 0.

:lol:

Sunset of Age
09-13-2012, 11:05 PM
His decidation to the Argentinian DC-team is admirable, but I do hope his playing won't end up with yet another serious injury!

Obviously he feels like he "should" be playing, as the Argentinians will have a very difficult time without him against the Czechs (especially with Berdych now being in very good form), but I often wonder whether JMDP might just be a bit too much of a kind fellow for his own good.
Well apart from him being a fantastic tennis player, it's one of my main reasons for liking him.

Good luck JMDP and the other Argies!

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 11:21 PM
we've seen much stranger things in Davis cup ;) (I mean than Berlocq and Monaco winning 3 rubbers, not than you sleeping with Kirilenko :p )

Are you by any chance implying that me sleeping with Kirilenko would be stranger than Monaco and Berlocq being useful for once :p ?

No, there isn't. :lol:

Not true.

Sorry guys, but I'm quite sure I know a fair bit more about odds and probablities than you do ;)

My chances of sleeping with Kirilenko tonight - 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

The chances of Mugaco and Muglocq winning a DC semifinal for Argentina - 0%

:lol:

:yeah:

GOATsol
09-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Ughh I love Delpo and I really hope he'll still be able to qualify for the WTF.

Mark Lenders
09-13-2012, 11:54 PM
Ughh I love Delpo and I really hope he'll still be able to qualify for the WTF.

Oh he will qualify for sure. I just hope he's in good enough condition to fight for the title.

GOATsol
09-14-2012, 12:04 AM
He will qualify even if he doesn't play the next few tournaments?

TigerTim
09-14-2012, 12:04 AM
A patriotic idiot.

Mark Lenders
09-14-2012, 12:06 AM
He will qualify even if he doesn't play the next few tournaments?

Yes. BOTH Tsonga and Tipsy would have to go on a very unlikely tear during the fall season for Delpo to miss WTF, it ain't happening even if he takes the rest of the season off. But I assume he will rest but then play one or two warm up tournaments.

Johnny Groove
09-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Nadal is out injured.

Rafa could retire tomorrow and his legacy would be sealed.

I guess the way Delpo sees it, if he can win a Davis Cup even if it means some time away from the game, then so be it, it is worth it. Besides, this is really Nalbandian's last chance. If I was in Del Potro's situation, probably I would do the same, I understand his position entirely.

HKz
09-14-2012, 12:36 AM
The reason he can't challenge for slams is his lack of talent and lack of game, not poor scheduling. Pushray won something like 9 masters before he won the big one. Del-Shitro basically fluked his way to a big title and was his usual mug self ever since. In my book he's worse player than Ferrer, Berdych and Tsonga.

Talking trash about other players only causes you to indirectly poke fun at your favorite player. A lack of talent and lack of game player beat your favorite 2,2, an 2 in a slam, recovering from an injury or not, that is still very embarrassing as fuck if he truly has a lack of talent and game.

Topspindoctor
09-14-2012, 12:41 AM
Talking trash about other players only causes you to indirectly poke fun at your favorite player. A lack of talent and lack of game player beat your favorite 2,2, an 2 in a slam, recovering from an injury or not, that is still very embarrassing as fuck if he truly has a lack of talent and game.

Yes, keep clinging on to that win, clown. The only people who still care about that are Delpotrotards.

I got a question. How many slams has Nadal won since that time? How many wins has Del-Bashtro had over Nadal after that time? He's a fluke, end of story. One dimensional ball bashing version of Simon.

(oh here come the wrist injury excuses :baby:)

GhostUnholy
09-14-2012, 05:36 AM
This is a great way to fuck up your career.